时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I’m supposed to write this essay | 我要写一篇文章 |
[00:06] | where you take a moment where you had to make a decision. | 你要选出一个你必须作出决定的时刻 |
[00:08] | I’m having the hardest time trying to find that moment. | 我觉得很困难 因为找不到这个时刻 |
[00:12] | I’m gonna go to a party tomorrow. | 明天我会去参加一个派对 |
[00:14] | I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[00:15] | I was gonna go with you to that party. | 和你一起去那个派对 |
[00:19] | We are in such a dry period. | 我们在经历一段”干涸期” |
[00:21] | I don’t want to say my number. Say yours first. | 我不想说出口 你能先说吗 |
[00:23] | – Three. – Years? | -三 -年 |
[00:26] | I’m really bad at starting conversation. | 我很不擅长寻找聊天话题 |
[00:28] | I think you are so much better than you think. | 我觉得你没你自认为的那么差 |
[00:33] | 朱利安 我无法停止想你 | |
[00:43] | I– I sorta met this girl. | 我认识了一个女生 |
[00:46] | – Her name’s Chloe. – Oh, I hope I get to… | -她叫克洛伊 -我希望有机会 |
[00:49] | meet her someday. Are you guys… like, dating? | 我能见到她 你们在交往吗 |
[00:52] | Nah, just like hanging out. | 没 就是在一起玩 |
[00:54] | She has an autistic brother, so she runs a support group. | 她有个患自闭症的弟弟 所以她成立了一个互助小组 |
[00:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:00] | Wait, I’m sorry. Could you say that again? I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 你能再说一遍吗 很抱歉 |
[01:03] | I said she has a support group for kids with siblings | 我说她有个互助小组 就是有… |
[01:07] | like, um, Jonathan. So– | 乔纳森那样兄弟姐妹的学生 |
[01:09] | Have you been– Have you been to this group? | 你有去过这小组吗 |
[01:11] | Yeah, like, sometimes. People are pretty nice, so… | 有时候会去 人们都很好 |
[01:14] | Brendan. Wow. | 布兰登 天呐 |
[01:17] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[01:17] | I should probably go. | 我该挂了 |
[01:22] | Well, I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:24] | I’d say clean up your room, but it’s yours, so… | 我想叫你打理房间 但那是你的 所以 |
[01:27] | It just builds up. It’s like when you’re– | 慢慢就堆起来了 当你… |
[01:30] | when you’re– you know, reading and studying | 当你看书 学习 |
[01:32] | and– and all that stuff. It’s like… | 之类的 就好像… |
[01:36] | Who has time to fold | 谁还有时间去叠衣服 |
[01:37] | – and wipe? – Okay. Any– | -擦东西 -好 |
[01:39] | I love you so much. | 我很爱你 |
[01:41] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[01:42] | – Okay. Bye. – All right. Talk to you soon. | -好了 拜拜 -好 回头聊 |
[01:45] | Bye. | 拜 |
[02:05] | 伊芙 你不是该在写个人随笔吗 | |
[02:13] | * I’m just looking for * | *我在找* |
[02:16] | * …a way around * | *一个方法* |
[02:18] | * It disappears this clear * | *澄澈消失* |
[02:22] | * You’re the rod, I’m water * | *你是杆 我是水* |
[02:26] | * I’m just looking for a divine Hammer * | *我只是在寻找一个神圣的榔头* |
[02:33] | * One divine hammer * | *一个神圣的榔头* |
[02:36] | * One divine hammer * | *一个神圣的榔头* |
[02:58] | Jane. | 简 |
[02:59] | – It’s over. – What? | -结束了 -什么 |
[03:00] | The trip, my marriage. Everything. | 旅行 我的婚姻 一切 |
[03:04] | Everything. | 所有的一切 |
[03:06] | So, you remember last year, | 你还记得去年 |
[03:08] | he had that pinched nerve in his neck. | 他的脖子上有个神经挟捏 |
[03:09] | – Yeah. – And… | -记得 -然后 |
[03:12] | he goes to that tacky massage place, Solar Glow. | 他会去那家破按摩店 阳光按摩 |
[03:16] | Right. | 嗯 |
[03:17] | But then, his neck got better and he kept going. And… | 但之后 他的脖子好起来了 他就经常去 然后 |
[03:20] | And so, I just asked him about it. | 然后我就问了一下 |
[03:24] | Oh, no. Okay. | 不是吧 之后呢 |
[03:26] | And I really didn’t want to. | 我真的不想问 |
[03:28] | But I did. | 但我问了 |
[03:31] | – Okay. – And he just told me. | -好吧 -然后他就坦白了 |
[03:34] | He told me everything. | 告诉了我一切 |
[03:36] | W– What… What did he tell you? | 他说了什么 |
[03:38] | He told me… I mean… | 他说 我是指 |
[03:42] | what was going on over there. I mean… | 在那都发生了些什么 |
[03:45] | Do I need to… | 我是否需要… |
[03:46] | – Oh, God. Really? – Yeah. | -天哪 真的吗 -对 |
[03:49] | And it wasn’t just once. | 而且不止一次 |
[03:51] | It was a lot. | 好多次 |
[03:54] | Dave… | 戴夫 |
[03:56] | Can I stay here tonight? I’m… | 我今晚能住这吗 我… |
[04:00] | – I just, like, need to think. – Yeah. Of course, you can. | -我就需要好好想想 -当然了 没问题 |
[04:02] | You don’t even have to ask me that. | 你都不用问 |
[04:04] | Of course, you can. | 你当然可以住下 |
[04:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知该怎么办 |
[04:08] | – Oh, come here. – I had a life and everything. | -过来 -我本有着美好的生活 |
[04:11] | Oh, hush. | 别说了 |
[04:16] | Should we do something tonight? | 我们今晚做点什么吧 |
[04:17] | I can’t tonight. I have a meeting. | 今晚不行 我要参加一个会议 |
[04:20] | Which group? | 哪个团体 |
[04:21] | Queer Allies. | 酷儿联盟 |
[04:23] | You can come. Everyone’s welcome. | 你可以来 谁都欢迎 |
[04:26] | Nah. I gotta write that essay. | 不了 我得写论文 |
[04:29] | Tomorrow? | 明天呢 |
[04:31] | Tomorrow’s insane. I have to cram for two giant tests, | 明天我会忙疯的 要准备两个大测试 |
[04:35] | but you can join me if you like. | 不过你可以加入我 |
[04:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:40] | I mean, like, you can come study with me. | 就是 你可以来跟我一起学习 |
[04:43] | I have a microwave, so you won’t go hungry. | 我有微波炉 所以你不会饿 |
[04:45] | Oh, so this would be in your room? | 所以你是说在你房间里吗 |
[04:49] | Yeah. I get too distracted in libraries. | 对 我在图书馆太容易走神 |
[04:54] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下吧 |
[04:56] | The suspense is killing me. | 你留的悬念要折磨死我啦 |
[05:19] | I guess she told you. | 看来她告诉你了 |
[05:20] | Yeah. I’m just here to grab a few of her things. | 对 我就是来帮她拿点东西 |
[05:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:42] | Did she also tell you | 她有没有告诉你 |
[05:43] | we haven’t had sex in over a year? | 我们一年多都没有做爱了 |
[05:51] | We didn’t get into the, uh… | 我们没有说到… |
[05:54] | the details. | 细节 |
[05:55] | A year’s a long time, you know. | 一年很久 你知道吗 |
[06:03] | A person needs to be touched. | 人是需要被触摸的 |
[06:07] | I need to be touched. | 我需要被触摸 |
[06:10] | Is that so wrong? | 这个要求过分吗 |
[06:15] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想不重要 |
[06:17] | This is‐‐ This is between you and your wife. | 这是 这是你和你妻子之间的事 |
[06:21] | It’s just that I was kind of going out of my mind, | 只是我觉得自己要疯了 |
[06:22] | and it felt better to… | 所以我觉得 |
[06:26] | pay for it than to actually cheat. | 花钱买 总比真的出轨强 |
[06:29] | You‐‐ You don’t think that you were cheating? | 你 你觉得你这不算出轨吗 |
[06:32] | No. | 不算 |
[06:33] | No. It was… so mechanical. | 因为 太机械化了 |
[06:39] | I didn’t… talk to the person. | 我跟那个人也没说话 |
[06:42] | I didn’t even look at her. | 我甚至都没看她 |
[06:45] | It was nothing. | 根本没什么 |
[06:48] | Why did you keep going back? | 那你为什么总回去 |
[06:53] | It felt good. | 感觉很好 |
[07:00] | Hey, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[07:03] | How does it work? | 是怎么运作的 |
[07:06] | What? | 什么 |
[07:07] | The massage parlor thing. | 按摩店的服务 |
[07:10] | I mean, do you just walk in there or do you‐‐ | 你就走进去 还是 |
[07:12] | ‐ and just ask for it, or‐‐ ‐ Uh… the guy I work with… | -点名要什么服务 还是… -我同事 |
[07:18] | he told me about it. | 是他告诉我的 |
[07:19] | Guy, Rick, he just said you go in, you ask for Jenny | 叫瑞克 他说你进去 找珍妮 |
[07:23] | and you tell her that you want what Rick gets. | 告诉她你要瑞克点过的服务 |
[07:26] | It’s that easy, huh? | 就这么简单吗 |
[07:28] | It’s that easy. | 就这么简单 |
[07:32] | “The electoral college… | “总统选举委员会[大学] |
[07:38] | …is not actually… | 其实并不是 |
[07:42] | a college.” | 一所大学” |
[07:51] | Fuck. | 操 |
[07:54] | It’s just… | 真的是… |
[07:58] | I can’t… | 搞不定 |
[09:53] | “It’s not…” | “它不是…” |
[10:02] | Fuck you! | 去你妈的 |
[10:16] | Fuck. | 操 |
[10:51] | ‐ Hey, how’d you sleep? ‐ I did not. | -睡得好吗 -没睡着 |
[10:55] | Dave called. | 戴夫打来了 |
[10:58] | You look nice. | 你看起来不错 |
[11:00] | Oh, it’s just a‐‐ you know. | 只是… 你懂的 |
[11:02] | Made you coffee. | 给你泡了咖啡 |
[11:04] | Jane, thank you. | 简 谢谢你 |
[11:05] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[11:06] | He asked if I wanted to go to dinner tonight. | 他问我今晚想不想一起吃晚餐 |
[11:10] | Like a‐‐ Like a date? | 约会吗 |
[11:12] | Yeah, ’cause he’s so romantic. | 嗯 他真是太浪漫了 |
[11:14] | What did you say? | 你怎么回的 |
[11:15] | I mean, I said I gotta think about it. | 我说我要考虑一下 |
[11:18] | I don’t know. I mean, what should I do? | 我也不知道 我该怎么做 |
[11:21] | I mean, that’s up to you. What are you‐‐ What are you‐‐ | 那要看你了 你是… |
[11:24] | What are you thinking? | 你是怎么想的 |
[11:25] | Well I mean, it’s like I can’t go back there and just pretend. | 我没办法回去那假装没事 |
[11:28] | No, you don’t have to pretend anything. | 是的 你不用假装任何事 |
[11:33] | I mean, this just happened, Jane. | 就那么发生了 简 |
[11:35] | No, maybe… | 不 或许 |
[11:39] | Maybe it’d feel good just to… | 或许听听他要说什么 |
[11:43] | hear what he has to say? | 你会好受些 |
[11:45] | I mean, I don’t know. I don’t– I don’t… | 我是说 我也不知道 我不 我不… |
[11:49] | I don’t know if I can forgive him. | 我不知道我能不能原谅他 |
[11:51] | That’s the hard part. | 这是困难的部分 |
[11:53] | You never forgave Ted. | 你就从没原谅泰德 |
[11:56] | Well, that was different. | 那不一样 |
[11:59] | Ted didn’t give a shit if I forgave him. | 泰德才不在乎我原不原谅他 |
[12:05] | You actually have a choice. | 你还有选择 |
[12:11] | It’s important that we discuss | 我们务必要讨论 |
[12:13] | both trade and the deficits between our two countries. | 我们两国之间的贸易和赤字 |
[12:17] | Yes, well, that leads me to my next question. | 是的 这带出了我的下一个问题 |
[12:20] | Um, I’m wondering, | 我在想 |
[12:21] | are you seeing goodwill from the opposing… | 你有看到对方的好意吗 |
[13:08] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[13:10] | Senior administration officials | 高级行政官员 |
[13:12] | have been in communication | 最近一直在联系 |
[13:13] | and there is reason to be hopeful that some movement | 我们可以期望 |
[13:15] | towards an agreement is likely, in, you know– | 在接下来几周里 |
[13:17] | in the next, uh, few weeks. | 双方对达成一致 |
[13:19] | Well, I’d be happy to have you back on my show | 我很乐意再邀请你上我的节目 |
[13:21] | so we can continue this discussion. | 继续我们的讨论 |
[13:22] | I know we have a lot of… | 我知道我们有很多… |
[13:40] | Are you new? | 你是新来的吗 |
[13:41] | Uh, no, I’m– I’m– work weekends usually. | 不是 我一般是周末上班 |
[13:45] | I’m filling in for Mark. | 我是来替马克的 |
[13:47] | You know Mark? | 你认识马克 |
[13:48] | Yeah, knew Mark before he went bald. | 嗯 他秃头前我就认识了 |
[13:51] | Mark’s not bald. He’s just receding a little bit. | 马克没有秃头 只是发际线退后了 |
[13:54] | When I first started, he had this beautiful head of hair. | 我刚开始在这上班时 他有一头漂亮的头发 |
[13:58] | Now, he just looks like my uncle. | 而现在 他看着就像我叔叔 |
[14:00] | It’s fucking tragic. | 太悲剧了 |
[14:02] | Hey, good morning. | 早上好 |
[14:09] | Hey, can you not tell Mark that I was making fun of his hair? | 你能别告诉马克我取笑他的头发吗 |
[14:13] | I just really hate it when I’m mean like that. | 我讨厌我刻薄的样子 |
[14:16] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[14:18] | Bye. | 拜 |
[14:25] | * I want a girl * | *我想有个女孩* |
[14:27] | * Just like the girl That married dear old Dad * | *就像那个嫁给父亲的女孩* |
[14:34] | * She was a girl * | *她是* |
[14:36] | * And the only girl That Daddy ever had * | *父亲有过的唯一女孩* |
[14:42] | * A good old-fashioned girl With heart so true * | *一个有着纯洁心灵的好女孩* |
[14:43] | 下课后有空吗 从老年中心给你发来问候 | |
[14:46] | * One who loves nobody else But you * | *她只爱你一个人* |
[14:51] | * I want a girl * | *我想有个女孩* |
[14:53] | * Just like the girl That married dear old Dad * | *就像那个嫁给父亲的女孩* |
[14:58] | * Dear old Dad * | *亲爱的父亲* |
[15:04] | You in college? | 你在上大学 |
[15:05] | Yeah, Eastern Community. | 是的 东部社区大学 |
[15:08] | I’m gonna transfer next year. | 明年我会转学 |
[15:10] | I’m on leave from Cornell. | 我从康奈尔大学休学了 |
[15:12] | It was a lot of pressure. | 压力很大 |
[15:15] | So now I’m working here, which is weirdly also a lot of pressure. | 所以现在我在这工作 很奇怪压力也很大 |
[15:19] | It’s harder than I thought, | 比我想的要难 |
[15:20] | having to be nice to people all day. | 整天都要笑脸相迎顾客 |
[15:22] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 |
[15:25] | Hey, at least we get paid, right? | 至少有钱赚 |
[15:28] | Yes, it was an excellent life decision. | 嗯 绝佳的人生决定 |
[15:30] | Everyone’s really impressed. | 人人都刮目相看 |
[15:34] | Hey, um… | 那个 |
[15:36] | if you ever wanted to hang out sometime. | 如果哪天你想聚聚的话 |
[15:40] | Just… | 就… |
[15:42] | 从老年中心发来问候 我下课后有空 | |
[15:48] | Uh… sorry. What? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[15:52] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[15:54] | Um… it’s cool. | 没事 |
[16:12] | Oh, you look great. | 你看着很棒 |
[16:14] | Oh… thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:16] | Are you going on a date? | 你要去约会吗 |
[16:19] | Oh. No, just a– going to class. | 不 去上课 |
[16:21] | Well, it must be a pretty fun class. | 一定是很有趣的课吧 |
[16:53] | 你睡了吗 还没 你穿的什么 | |
[17:10] | Excuse me, Eve? | 伊芙 |
[17:12] | I’m just– | 我… |
[17:13] | I– I– I just need to apologize for the way I behaved | 我想为我在我父亲守灵上的行为 |
[17:16] | at my father’s wake. | 给你道歉 |
[17:18] | I mean, you were only ever good to my dad. | 你对我父亲很好 |
[17:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:27] | Oh, it’s okay, George. It was a really hard day for everybody. | 没事 乔治 那天对大家来说都不好过 |
[17:31] | – I appreciate– – I was a mess. | -我谢谢你… -我当时一团糟 |
[17:35] | I still am. | 现在还是 |
[17:38] | And you were a good friend to him. | 你是他的好朋友 |
[17:44] | Can I make it up to you? | 我能补偿你吗 |
[17:45] | – I– – Let me buy you a drink, huh? | -我 -让我请你喝杯酒吧 |
[17:47] | I have to, uh… | 我得 |
[17:50] | I can’t tonight, but thank you so much for… | 今晚不行 不过谢谢你 |
[17:54] | – Okay. – I– | -好 -我 |
[17:56] | Okay, well, it was good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[17:57] | Yeah, it was– Thanks, George. | 嗯 谢了 乔治 |
[18:01] | You look nice. | 你看上去很不错 |
[18:05] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[18:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:22] | Come in. | 进来 |
[18:27] | Well, well, well. Look who it is. | 哟哟 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[18:30] | I thought you could use some company | 我想着你或许需要个伴 |
[18:32] | and a little caffeine. | 以及一点咖啡因 |
[18:35] | Someone’s looking very preppy tonight. | 有人今晚有备而来啊 |
[18:37] | I thought I’d mix it up a little bit. | 我想混搭一下 |
[18:39] | You look good. | 很好看 |
[18:42] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[18:45] | “You could even say that Linda’s beautiful body saved my life, | 你甚至可以说是琳达漂亮的身体救了我的命 |
[18:49] | because if I hadn’t stayed at the party | 因为要是我当初没有留在派对上 |
[18:52] | to see if I could get into her pants, | 看我能否”推倒”她 |
[18:55] | I would have definitely gotten into that car with Donny, | 我就会和唐尼一起上那辆车 |
[18:59] | and I would probably be dead today, just like him and Frank. | 我今天多半也就死了 就像他和弗兰克一样 |
[19:03] | I did not get lucky with Linda, but I am lucky to be alive.” | 我没有能上到琳达 但我有幸还活着 |
[19:12] | Yeah, um… that’s very sad, Barry. | 嗯 这是个悲伤的故事 巴里 |
[19:16] | Uh, and you’re right, we’re– all very lucky to be alive. | 你说得对 我们都很幸运我们都还活着 |
[19:23] | But in these turning point essays, | 但在这些转折点文章里 |
[19:25] | what I’d really like you all to focus on | 我想要你们专注于 |
[19:27] | are moments in your life when you made a conscious choice, | 你在生命中做了有意识选择的那些时刻 |
[19:32] | knowing that that decision would permanently change | 知道那个决定会永久改变 |
[19:36] | the shape of your life. | 你的人生轨迹 |
[19:37] | Only then are you truly the author of your own story. | 只有在那时你才算是你本人故事的真正作者 |
[19:41] | This is my story. | 这就是我的故事 |
[19:44] | This is my– This is my story that I authored. | 这是我的 这是我创作的我的故事 |
[19:52] | – No, I was t– Uh, no. – Seriously. | -不 我… 不 -讲真 |
[19:53] | What? | 怎么 |
[19:56] | Study. | 学习 |
[20:05] | Study. | 学习 |
[20:06] | – I am. – No you’re not. | -我在学啊 -你没有 |
[20:07] | I am, though. | 我在学 |
[20:09] | It’s… You study. | 该学习的是你 |
[20:53] | Fuck. | 操 |
[20:55] | Doesn’t usually… | 一般不这样的 |
[20:58] | It’s okay. | 美食 |
[21:01] | I can help. | 我能帮你 |
[21:08] | You wanted… to talk? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[21:14] | I… really like you. | 我真的喜欢你 |
[21:22] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[21:31] | I’ve never felt like this before. | 我从没有过这样的感觉 |
[21:37] | What are we doing? | 我们在干什么 |
[21:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:55] | You are so beautiful. | 你真美 |
[22:06] | I can’t– I can’t– We can’t… | 我不行 我不行 我们不行 |
[22:21] | I’m sorry. I’m an asshole. | 抱歉 我真混蛋 |
[22:23] | – I’m– – No, no, no, no, you’re not. | -我 -不不 你不是 |
[23:05] | Yeah, you like that shit, don’t you? | 你喜欢吃 对吗 |
[23:09] | Wait, don’t stop, don’t stop. Keep going. Keep going. | 别停 别停 继续 继续 |
[23:12] | Don’t stop. | 别停 |
[23:23] | Fuck yeah. | 好爽 |
[23:27] | Fucking dirty little slut. | 他妈的小骚货 |
[23:33] | Fuck. | 操 |
[23:36] | Fu– | 操 |
[23:37] | Ah, what the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[23:39] | You asshole! You were choking me! | 混蛋 你想噎死我 |
[23:41] | – You asshole! – What the fuck? | -混蛋 -什么鬼 |
[23:43] | – No, I wasn’t. – Yes, you were. | -不 我没有 -你有 |
[23:44] | – No, I wasn’t. – I couldn’t breathe, Brendan. | -我没有 -我没法呼吸了 布兰登 |
[23:46] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你什么毛病 |
[23:47] | You’re fuck– You were fucking into it. | 你明明很享受 |
[23:48] | I wasn’t! You didn’t even know I was there! | 我没有 你根本不知道我在那 |
[23:53] | Get the fuck out of my room! | 滚出我房间 |
[23:55] | Chloe, I– I didn’t know that. I’m so sorry. | 克洛伊 我不知道 对不起 |
[23:57] | No, take your shit and go. | 不 拿上你的东西 滚 |
[23:59] | – Get out. – Please. Chloe. Chloe. | -滚 -拜托 克洛伊 克洛伊 |
[24:02] | Get the fuck out! | 滚出去 |