时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Sometimes I feel like I’m at odds with the whole world. | 有时候我感觉全世界都与我为敌 |
[00:13] | How so? | 此话怎讲 |
[00:19] | Things with Grace are strained. | 我和格蕾丝的关系紧张 |
[00:22] | You cannot control everything. | 你不是什么都能控制的 |
[00:24] | Chloe is out of control. She blames me for… | 克萝伊不受控制 她怪我… |
[00:27] | I don’t know, everything, I guess. | 不知道 可能什么都怪我吧 |
[00:29] | I didn’t ask to be your daughter, | 我又不是主动要当你女儿 |
[00:31] | and I sure as shit didn’t ask for your gifts. | 我他妈也没有主动要你的神力 |
[00:33] | Brandon killed Blackstar… | 布兰登杀了黑星 |
[00:38] | …a copy or whatever, and doesn’t feel like he did anything wrong. | 他的克隆还是什么的 却觉得他没做错什么 |
[00:41] | Seventy-eight percent of the country agrees. | 全国78%的人同意他的做法 |
[00:44] | Seventy-eight percent of the country believes | 全国78%的人认为 |
[00:47] | that the Code I’ve lived by my whole life | 我奉行了一辈子的律条 |
[00:50] | is somehow meaningless. | 是没有意义的 |
[00:52] | So… | 所以 |
[00:55] | that about cover it? | 大概就这些吧 |
[00:58] | So you’re having a relationship with a statistic? | 所以你是在和一个数据谈关系吗 |
[01:02] | You listed the conflicts you’re in | 你列举了你和你人生中 |
[01:03] | with the three people who are most important in your life, | 最重要的三个人的矛盾 |
[01:07] | and now the one you’re in with a percentage point. | 现在你又扯上了百分点 |
[01:10] | Any thoughts on why that number means so much to you? | 你觉得这个数字为何对你这么重要 |
[01:13] | Because what’s the use in doing good | 如果没有人认为我在做好事 |
[01:15] | if nobody perceives it that way? Huh? | 那我还做它干什么 |
[01:21] | Do you remember when this notion of doing good | 你还记得做好事 |
[01:23] | became so important in your life? | 在何时成为了你的人生重心吗 |
[01:29] | Look, | 是这样 |
[01:30] | a few days after my father died, | 我父亲去世几天后 |
[01:33] | I sat on the floor of his bedroom with a bottle of whiskey. | 我拿着一瓶威士忌坐在他卧室地板上 |
[01:38] | – This was in ’29, just after the Crash? – Yeah, right after. | -这是在1929年 股市刚崩溃后 -对 就在那之后 |
[01:41] | – Where did you get the whiskey? – What does that matter? | -你从哪儿拿的威士忌 -这有关系吗 |
[01:43] | Well, you’re a good guy. | 因为你是个乖孩子啊 |
[01:46] | Prohibition wasn’t repealed until ’33. | 禁酒令直到1933年才被废除呢 |
[01:51] | Go on. | 你继续说 |
[01:58] | I was sitting there with Dad’s whiskey, | 我拿着我爸的威士忌坐在那里 |
[02:02] | and the article that Grace had written about him… | 看着格蕾丝写的那篇关于他的报道 |
[02:06] | taking a swig after every paragraph, | 我读一段就喝一口酒 |
[02:08] | reading about all of the things | 读着所有 |
[02:09] | that my father did that I didn’t know about. | 我爸做过而我却不知道的事 |
[02:15] | I decided right then and there | 我在那一刻就决定 |
[02:17] | that if nothing was gonna numb the disappointment and the betrayal… | 如果我无法麻痹我的失望和背叛感 |
[02:24] | that I was gonna go in a different direction. | 那我就要换一个方向 |
[02:26] | I was gonna reverse the sins of my father | 我要扭转我父亲犯下的罪孽 |
[02:30] | by being everything that he was not. | 成为跟他完全相反的人 |
[02:34] | By being good. | 成为一个好人 |
[02:40] | So, Mother and I both agree the ballroom’s perfect. | 我和妈妈都觉得舞厅完美极了 |
[02:43] | So I say, “We’ll take it.” | 于是我说 “我们要了” |
[02:46] | Then a door in the wall pops open, | 然后墙上的一扇门突然打开了 |
[02:49] | and out walks a tiny little man in a big hat, | 走出一个戴着大帽子的小个子男人 |
[02:54] | insisting on $500 cash right then and there, | 坚持要我们当场拿出500美元现金 |
[02:57] | like he’s never heard the country’s in a depression. | 就像没听说全国在经历大萧条似的 |
[02:59] | When I asked why that’s necessary, he says, “‘Cause of the hooch.” | 我问他为什么 他说 “因为要酒啊” |
[03:02] | “You ain’t planning no dry wedding, is you?” | “你办个婚礼不会连酒都不准备吧” |
[03:05] | Turns out the Fairmont is run by the mob! | 原来费尔蒙是由黑帮经营的 |
[03:08] | Around and around… | 绕啊 |
[03:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry, Jane. | 抱歉 珍 |
[03:22] | You’re home now. | 你现在回到家了 |
[03:24] | That’s all that matters. | 这才是最重要的 |
[03:27] | Was it somebody close? | 那是你亲近的人吗 |
[03:30] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[03:31] | It’s always somebody close. | 一般总是亲近的人 |
[03:33] | So, uh… the Fairmont’s off the table? | 那么 费尔蒙我们就不考虑了 |
[03:37] | Oh, it’s such a gorgeous space. Miriam was right about that. | 那个场地太美了 米莉安说得没错 |
[03:40] | You hear that? The ringing? | 你听得到吗 有个刺耳的声音 |
[03:42] | – Maybe you can talk him down. – I can’t. I have a… a board meeting. | -或许你可以跟他讲价 -不行 我要开董事会 |
[03:46] | Just call in and take the day off. | 你就跟他们说你那天休息嘛 |
[03:48] | – You know where to start. – Twenty-eight. | -你知道该从哪儿开始 -28 |
[03:51] | You know where to go. You know where. | 你知道该去哪儿 你知道那地方 |
[03:54] | – Thirty-four. – They’re waiting for you. | -34 -他们在等你呢 |
[03:57] | 47 Forty-seven. | |
[03:58] | Sheldon, time’s running out! | 谢尔顿 快没时间了 |
[04:01] | – Sixteen. – Shel? | -16 -谢尔顿 |
[04:02] | – Find us. – Sheldon! | -来找我们 -谢尔顿 |
[04:04] | We’re waiting. | 我们在等着呢 |
[04:06] | Waiting. | 等着呢 |
[04:45] | Dad’s watch? | 爸的怀表 |
[06:00] | You took something that doesn’t belong to you. | 你拿走了一样不属于你的东西 |
[06:05] | And what are you gonna do about it, asshole? | 那你打算怎么办 混蛋 |
[06:29] | Hey. What happened? The tractor conk out again? | 嘿 怎么了 拖拉机又坏了吗 |
[06:33] | No, I just wanted to get my hands dirty. | 不 我就是想亲自上手 |
[06:36] | Where you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[06:37] | Volcano erupted in Nusa Tenggara. | 努沙登加拉有火山爆发 |
[06:39] | I cleared the villagers out, diverted the lava to the ocean. | 我疏散了村民 把熔岩转移到了海里 |
[06:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:43] | I got some great pictures. You wanna see? | 我拍了一些很棒的照片 你想看吗 |
[06:46] | Yeah, I’d love to see ’em. Just let me finish the back forty here. | 好啊 当然 等我先把后面的田耕完 |
[06:49] | Well, why don’t I just get Brandon down to help? | 不如我让布兰登过来帮忙吧 |
[06:51] | He’s not here. | 他不在 |
[06:53] | He on patrol? | 他在巡逻吗 |
[06:54] | I sent him to the Union to see Blackstar’s autopsy. | 我让他去联合会看黑星的尸检了 |
[06:57] | Oh. Did you? | 哦 这样啊 |
[07:03] | He needs to see it, Grace. | 他必须要去看 格蕾丝 |
[07:05] | Well, Sheldon, you actually don’t get to make that decision by yourself. | 这个嘛 谢尔顿 其实这种事不是你一个人能决定的 |
[07:11] | You weren’t here. | 你又不在 |
[07:12] | That’s bullshit. | 你少给我瞎扯 |
[07:14] | Look, he needs to see that there are consequences to his actions. | 他需要知道他的行为是有后果的 |
[07:17] | This isn’t a lesson. This is a punishment. | 你这不是在教育他 而是在惩罚他 |
[07:20] | Since when are those two things mutually exclusive? | 这什么时候变成两码子事了 |
[07:22] | Sheldon, he already knows that he screwed up and he let you down. | 谢尔顿 他已经知道他搞砸了 让你失望了 |
[07:27] | He let the Utopian down. | 让乌托邦主失望了 |
[07:29] | I just don’t understand | 我就是不明白 |
[07:30] | how rubbing his nose in it is gonna make it better. | 你这样总是指责他有什么好处 |
[07:33] | He’s not a puppy, okay? | 他不是小狗 好吧 |
[07:34] | He needs to learn about responsibility and accountability. | 他需要学习承担责任 履行义务 |
[07:39] | We’re not just raising a son. | 我们不只是在培养儿子 |
[07:40] | Yeah, well, we’re also raising a human being. | 对 我们培养的是有血有肉的人 |
[07:43] | Sometimes, I… I just… | 有时候 我… |
[07:46] | I think that, uh, you forget | 我觉得你会忘记那两样 |
[07:48] | that those two things aren’t mutually exclusive. | 并不是两码子事 |
[08:07] | Dickhead was supposed to be here an hour ago. | 那个白痴一小时前就该到了 |
[08:10] | Yeah, he’s always late. | 是啊 他总是迟到 |
[08:12] | Likes to make an entrance. | 喜欢华丽登场 |
[08:17] | How you holding up? | 你还撑得住吗 |
[08:18] | I wish everyone would stop asking me that question. I’m fine. | 真希望大家不要再问我这个问题了 我没事 |
[08:22] | Your tone indicates otherwise. | 听你的口气不像没事啊 |
[08:28] | I keep on playing the battle… | 我一直想着那场战斗 |
[08:31] | …over and over in my head, and every time, it’s getting less clear. | 在脑海里一遍遍地回想 越想就越琢磨不透 |
[08:38] | What would you have done, Uncle Walt? | 换成是你会怎么做 沃尔特伯伯 |
[08:41] | I’m not as strong as you | 我没有你那么强壮 |
[08:44] | or your dad. No one is. | 也比不过你爸 没人能比过他 |
[08:46] | That’s not an answer. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[08:48] | Yeah, ’cause honestly, | 对 因为说实话 |
[08:51] | I don’t have one. | 我无法回答 |
[08:54] | All I know is we’re here. | 我只知道这就是现在的局面 |
[08:57] | You made a decision. We’re here. | 你做了一个决定 成了这副局面 |
[09:00] | Nothing can change that. | 没有什么会改变它 |
[09:11] | Told you. | 我就说吧 |
[09:22] | Brandon! | 布兰登 |
[09:24] | Haven’t seen you since you were a… a wee lad. | 上次见到你 你还是个小家伙呢 |
[09:28] | – Mr. Wolfe. – Ah! Barnabas, please. | -沃尔夫先生 -叫我巴拿巴斯就行了 |
[09:31] | We’re practically family. | 我们也算一家人嘛 |
[09:33] | If your mother had any sense, you’d be calling me Daddy. | 要是你母亲有点眼光的话 当你爹的人就是我了 |
[09:36] | Can we just skip being an asshole? Get to it, Barnabas. | 耍流氓这部分就免了吧 你快说正事 |
[09:40] | Don’t make me turn your clothes to steam, Walter. | 小心我把你的衣服蒸发了 沃尔特 |
[09:43] | Nobody needs to see your sad little Schwanz. | 你那可悲的小棒子可是没眼看 |
[09:49] | Hello, lovelies! | 亲爱的 你们好呀 |
[09:51] | Please, don’t stand up. | 就不用站起来迎接了 |
[09:54] | Fitz, get us started. | 费茨 开始吧 |
[09:56] | Okay. The armor’s identical to the original Blackstar’s. | 好 这副盔甲和黑星本身的一模一样 |
[10:00] | It’s fused with this underlying tissue, | 它和下面的组织接合在了一起 |
[10:02] | making it impossible to remove without destroying… | 一旦移除就必然会破坏… |
[10:04] | Yes, yes. This is very difficult and far beyond your meager abilities. | 行了 总之这是很困难的 远远超出了你薄弱的能力 |
[10:09] | Everyone, please stand back | 请大家往后退 |
[10:13] | unless you’re keen on having your reproductive organs irradiated. | 除非你们想让你们的生殖器官被辐射 |
[10:37] | – You’re gonna tear the tissue. – Do be quiet. | -你这样会撕裂组织的 -不要吵 |
[10:40] | This is a tad more difficult than being a human light bulb. | 这比当一个人形灯泡是要困难一些 |
[11:00] | Large intestine, 7,200 grams. Jesus! He’s a big mother. | 大肠 7200克 天啊 简直是庞然大物 |
[11:05] | That’s just settling in, is it? | 你才意识到呢 |
[11:07] | Help me loosen the liver. | 帮我把肝脏松一下 |
[11:14] | – Why don’t you wait outside? – I’m good. | -不如你出去等吧 -我没事 |
[11:16] | If you’re going to be unwell, please direct it away from me. | 如果你要吐的话 麻烦别冲我这边 |
[11:19] | I can only manipulate inorganic matter. | 我只能操控无机物 |
[11:21] | And this coat is Italian cashmere. | 而我的这身大衣是意大利羊绒 |
[11:24] | Wait. You’re hitting something. | 等一下 这里有东西 |
[11:37] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么鬼 |
[11:39] | Barnabas? | 巴拿巴斯 |
[11:40] | One moment. | 等一下 |
[11:49] | Ah, that’s interesting. | 这就有意思了 |
[11:52] | Oh, now, that’s different. | 这个不太一样呢 |
[11:55] | Just tell us what we’re looking at. | 快告诉我们这是什么 |
[11:57] | Wait. | 等着 |
[11:59] | There’s something else. | 还有一样东西 |
[12:01] | Something inside. | 就在这里面 |
[12:21] | Mr. Sampson? | 桑普森先生 |
[12:23] | Yes. | 请说 |
[12:24] | He is waiting for you in the master suite, sir. | 他在主卧套房等您 |
[12:27] | Oh. Well, thank you, Cuthbert. | 好的 谢谢你 卡斯伯特 |
[12:30] | You were right, George. The farmhouse, it’s all real. | 你说得对 乔治 这个农舍真的存在 |
[12:34] | This, it was written on the family’s table in the cellar. | 这是写在地窖里的桌子上的 |
[12:36] | It’s longitude and latitude. | 这是经纬度 |
[12:38] | It’s the Atlantic Ocean. There’s something out there, George. | 这是大西洋 那里一定有东西 |
[12:41] | That’s what I think all of this is about. | 我觉得所有的一切都在指向它 |
[12:46] | The farmer’s family was sitting down there, sitting around an old table. | 农夫的家人就围坐在一张旧桌子旁 |
[12:50] | – And when I saw them… – What were they doing down there? | -我看到… -他们在那儿做什么 |
[12:52] | What? | 什么 |
[12:53] | The… the family, you said the family was in the cellar. | 你说那家人在地窖里 |
[12:55] | What were they doing down in…? | 他们在干嘛 |
[12:57] | Oh, they… | 他们… |
[12:58] | The farmer had shot them long before I got there. And then… | 农夫早在我去之前就把他们枪杀了 |
[13:03] | he turned the gun on himself right in front of me. | 他当着我的面开枪自杀了 |
[13:07] | This is real, George. I’m not crazy. | 这是真的 乔治 我没有疯 |
[13:10] | Something’s… | 某个东西 |
[13:12] | I don’t know. | 怎么说呢 |
[13:13] | …calling to me, to all of us. | 它在召唤我 我们所有人 |
[13:16] | – All of us? – Yes. | -我们所有人 -是的 |
[13:19] | The farmer’s dead family, | 没错 |
[13:21] | suddenly, they weren’t there anymore. | 那个农夫死去的家人突然间就不见了 |
[13:25] | And sitting around the table was… was Walt, | 坐在桌子前的是沃尔特 |
[13:28] | a… a kid from the… the mill, | 一个炼钢厂的小伙子 |
[13:32] | the woman reporter from… that wrote the article about Dad. | 写我爸那篇报道的女记者 |
[13:35] | There were a couple of other men that I didn’t recognize. | 还有两个我不认识的男人 |
[13:38] | One of them might’ve been a captain of a ship. | 有一个可能是个船长 |
[13:41] | The other one, I don’t… I don’t know. | 另外一个就不知道了 |
[13:42] | But then there was you, George. You were there. | 然后还有你 乔治 你也在那儿 |
[13:46] | And we were dead? | 我们也死了吗 |
[13:47] | - No. - But we were sitting in the same place as the dead people. | -不 -但我们坐在那些死人的位子上 |
[13:50] | – I know how this sounds… – I don’t know if you do, Shel. | -我知道这很离谱 -我觉得你恐怕不知道吧 |
[13:53] | Look, the visions, the patterns, everything that I’ve been seeing, | 那些幻象 那些图案 我所见到的一切 |
[13:58] | I think that it’s all part of some kind of a puzzle, some kind of a test. | 我认为都是某种谜题 某种考验 |
[14:02] | And it’s all leading to this. | 全部都指向这里 |
[14:06] | What do you think is out there in the middle of the ocean? | 你觉得大洋中间会有什么呢 |
[14:09] | I don’t know, George, but it’s something special, | 我不知道 但一定是个特别的东西 |
[14:11] | something that’s gonna change the world. | 一个能改变世界的东西 |
[14:13] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉得到 |
[14:18] | Will you help me? | 你会帮我吗 |
[14:26] | How long have we been friends? | 我们是多久的朋友了 |
[14:29] | It feels like forever. | 久到数不清了 |
[14:33] | What would you do if I came to you with a story like this? | 如果我们角色互换 你会怎么做 |
[14:39] | Well, I’d wanna believe you, | 我会倾向于相信你 |
[14:41] | because you’re my friend, and you always will be. | 因为你是我的朋友 永远都是 |
[14:49] | Then there’s your answer. | 那不就得了 |
[14:56] | Tell me about your dream. | 跟我说说你的梦境 |
[14:58] | Is it always the same? | 一直是同样的内容吗 |
[15:03] | More or less, yeah. | 差不多吧 对 |
[15:07] | I stumble up onto the roof… | 我跌跌撞撞地爬上屋顶 |
[15:11] | like I’m lost and just accidentally end up there. | 好像我迷路了 不小心走到了那里 |
[15:15] | And I see him… | 然后我看见了他 |
[15:18] | in rags, | 衣衫褴褛 |
[15:19] | like he… he doesn’t know where his next meal’s coming from. | 好像他连下一顿饭都没有着落似的 |
[15:24] | He turns and looks at me… | 他转过身来看着我 |
[15:31] | and… | 然后 |
[15:35] | there’s no recognition in his eyes. | 他的眼神不像是认出了我 |
[15:36] | It feels like he doesn’t know who I am. | 他仿佛不知道我是谁 |
[15:38] | And I’m like, “Dad, it’s me. It’s Sheldon.” | 然后我说 “爸 是我 谢尔顿” |
[15:41] | But it doesn’t register. “Dad, it’s me. Dad, it’s me. It’s Sheldon.” | 但是他没有反应 “爸 是我 谢尔顿” |
[15:46] | Then he turns around, and he walks away right off the edge of the building. | 然后他转身 径直踏出了大楼的边缘 |
[15:54] | Do you try to stop him? | 你有试着阻止他吗 |
[15:57] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[15:59] | Every time. | 每一次都有 |
[16:01] | But I’m never fast enough. | 但我动作总是不够快 |
[16:06] | Parents aren’t supposed to abandon their children of their own free will. | 父母不应该主动抛弃自己的孩子 |
[16:09] | It defies the natural order. When they do, | 这违背了自然秩序 他们一旦这样做 |
[16:12] | a child’s mind can only make sense of it in one way, | 孩子的头脑里只能以一种方式理解它 |
[16:16] | that the child did something bad to deserve it, | 即这个孩子犯了错 这是应得的惩罚 |
[16:21] | that they failed to prevent it. | 他们没能阻止这件事发生 |
[16:26] | However, it does help us better understand your attachment to the Code. | 不过这确实帮我们更好地理解了你对律条的执念 |
[16:32] | It’s operating on several levels for you. | 这在几个方面对你起作用 |
[16:35] | Yes, it has institutionalized a way to be good. | 它固然是一种行善的制度化方式 |
[16:38] | It’s also quite practical, | 这也很有实际意义 |
[16:40] | as it staves off the amount of death or loss in your life. | 因为它能减缓你生命中的死亡或损失 |
[16:43] | But in your line of work, | 但是在你这个行业里 |
[16:45] | there is a 100 percent certainty | 百分之百确定的是 |
[16:48] | that your adversaries will attempt to rob you of your life. | 你的敌人会试图夺取你的性命 |
[16:53] | Well, we can agree on that, yes? | 这点你同意吧 |
[16:56] | Oh, yeah, Jack. | 是的 杰克 |
[16:59] | I think you know we can. | 你这是明知故问呢 |
[17:00] | Good. | 那好 |
[17:02] | Now, in any other similar field, | 听着 在其他类似的领域 |
[17:04] | the military or… or law enforcement, for example, | 比如军队或者执法人员 |
[17:06] | one has the right to kill in self-defense or in the protection of others. | 他们有权为了自卫或保护他人而杀人 |
[17:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:12] | But for the members of your Union of Justice, | 但是对于你的正义联合会成员来说 |
[17:15] | when they… are faced with the equivalent threat, | 当他们面临同样的威胁时 |
[17:20] | they must remember the Code, | 他们必须要谨记律条 |
[17:24] | which is another way of remembering you. | 换句话说 这也是在铭记你 |
[17:27] | We do not let our anger get the best of us. | 我们一定要控制住自己的怒火 |
[17:32] | So I’m just a giant narcissist? Is that what you’re saying? | 所以我就是个超级自恋狂 你是这个意思 |
[17:35] | No, no, no. You’re just hoping to stay alive | 不 你只是希望 |
[17:37] | in the minds of the people you love, | 活在你爱的人的心中 |
[17:40] | the way your father couldn’t. | 而不是像你父亲那样 |
[18:14] | They’re exactly the same. | 这两个一模一样 |
[18:17] | Identical in every way. | 各个方面都相同 |
[18:19] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[18:22] | Well, I can read minds. You shoot fire out of your eyes. | 我会读心术 你眼睛可以喷火 |
[18:25] | So, there’s that. | 有什么是不可能的 |
[18:29] | And what about this thing? | 那这个东西呢 |
[18:32] | How did that get inside of him? | 这是怎么进入他体内的 |
[18:34] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[18:36] | But the way it’s constructed, the tech, the design… | 从它的构造 技术和设计来看 |
[18:43] | only one man on the planet could’ve built it, | 世上只有一个人可以建造它 |
[18:47] | George. | 乔治 |
[18:52] | Skyfox. | 天狐 |
[18:55] | Why would George wanna kill us now, after all these years? | 这么多年了 乔治为什么现在要杀我们 |
[18:58] | And why hide all of this stuff inside a copy of Blackstar? | 又为什么要把这些藏在一个复制版黑星的体内 |
[19:03] | None of it makes any sense. | 这全都说不通呀 |
[19:06] | George always liked puzzles | 乔治一向喜欢谜题 |
[19:11] | and a good joke at my expense. | 还有开我的玩笑 |
[19:15] | I’m sure he loves being the only one who knows the punch line here. | 只有他自己知道笑点 他肯定很享受吧 |
[19:19] | Well, it’s not like we can ask him. | 我们也没办法问他 |
[19:20] | We spent years looking for him and never got close. | 我们找了他这么多年 眉目都没有 |
[19:26] | Maybe there’s someone who can help us. | 或许有一个人可以帮我们 |
[19:32] | You sure it’s there? | 你确定在那里吗 |
[19:41] | We need to talk. | 我们得聊聊 |
[19:42] | Iowa. | 去爱荷华 |
[20:17] | Home. | 回来 |
[20:20] | Home. | 回来 |
[20:31] | I said we need to talk. | 我说了我们得聊聊 |
[20:37] | It’s about your father. | 是关于你父亲的 |
[20:55] | Okay. All I see are trousers. Where is this gal? | 好吧 全是穿裤子的 那个姑娘呢 |
[20:57] | Ah, she’s here somewhere. I don’t know. | 她就在这儿附近吧 我不知道 |
[21:00] | Excuse me. We’re looking for Grace Kennedy. Have you seen her? | 打扰一下 我们在找格蕾丝·肯尼迪 你有看到她吗 |
[21:03] | Oh, I know shit when I smell it, Larry! | 你少给我说屁话 拉瑞 |
[21:05] | Don’t wave it under my nose and call it a bouquet! | 你不要拉屎还骗我是香的 |
[21:07] | – Come on, Grace. Be reasonable. – Oh, “Come on, Grace.” | -别这样 格蕾丝 你讲讲道理 -“别这样 格蕾丝” |
[21:10] | Shove it up your ass, Larry, | 把你那臭狗屎给我憋回去 |
[21:12] | and don’t stop until the shit hits your brain | 一路直通你的脑袋 |
[21:14] | if there’s room for any more up there! | 如果那里还没塞满屎的话 |
[21:18] | Oh, what are you eyeballing, chipmunk? | 你瞅什么瞅啊 花栗鼠 |
[21:25] | Great. If you’re here to sue me for everything I’ve got, this is it. | 好啊 如果你们要告我 我的全部身家都在这了 |
[21:29] | No. No, no. We’re not here for that, Miss Kennedy. | 不 我们不是为这个来的 肯尼迪小姐 |
[21:32] | Grace. I like to drop the formalities after someone’s read me the riot act. | 叫我格蕾丝吧 都已经痛骂我一通了 就别见外了 |
[21:36] | And I’m sorry about the way I behaved the last time I was here. It’s just… | 我为我上次在这里的行为道歉 只是… |
[21:39] | I didn’t know some of those things about my father, and… | 我父亲的一些事是我不知道的 而且… |
[21:43] | Look, I probably would’ve done the same, only less politely. | 我可能也会那么做 而且还没你那么有礼貌 |
[21:50] | Does this one talk, or is he just for show? | 这个人会说话还是只是摆设 |
[21:52] | – Yeah, this is my… – Oh, he talks, yeah. George Hutchence. | -他是… -我会说话的 乔治·哈契恩斯 |
[21:55] | Oh, yeah. | 啊 对哦 |
[21:56] | I’ve seen you in the society pages. | 我在社会版看到过你 |
[21:59] | – You look better in black and white. – I like her. | -你穿黑白色更好看 -我喜欢她 |
[22:02] | Well, get a good look, fellas, ’cause she’s out the door. | 那你们就好好看一眼吧 因为我要走人了 |
[22:06] | Wait. You quit? | 等一下 你辞职了 |
[22:08] | That’s one version. | 这是一种说法 |
[22:09] | The other is hard times aren’t just for capitalists, | 另一种说法是现在不是只有资本家不好过 |
[22:14] | so they had to cut the staff by one, because I’m a dame in a skirt | 所以他们必须裁掉一个人因为我是一个穿裙子的姑娘 |
[22:18] | and not some sap with a penis to swing around. | 而不是有鸡巴可以甩来甩去的蠢蛋 |
[22:21] | Debatable. | 那倒不一定 |
[22:22] | Where’s my mug? | 我的马克杯呢 |
[22:24] | Miss Kennedy, if you could give us a moment… | 肯尼迪小姐 能耽误你几分钟… |
[22:25] | Where’s my mug? | 我的马克杯呢 |
[22:26] | If you don’t mind, I have an opportunity… | 如果你不介意 我有个适合你的机… |
[22:28] | Okay! Okay! | 听着 |
[22:29] | – She’s… she’s on the table. – Okay! Who’s got my mug? | -她站桌上了 -听着 谁拿了我的马克杯 |
[22:37] | Oh, lzzy. | 伊齐 |
[22:42] | – Are you sure about this? – Yes, yes. She was in the cellar… | -你确定要找她吗 -确定 她在地窖里 |
[22:46] | That’s a better place for her. Less chance she can gnaw off your leg. | 她在地窖比较好 免得她咬掉你的腿 |
[22:48] | You two planting roots, or you got something on your mind? | 你俩是要一直耗下去还是有事找我 |
[22:53] | I’d like to offer you a job. | 我想给你一份工作 |
[22:56] | – Me? – I had the same reaction. | -我 -我跟你的反应一样 |
[23:00] | I’m mounting an expedition, | 我要进行一次远征 |
[23:01] | and I would like you to come along to chronicle everything that happens. | 希望你能随行记录发生的一切 |
[23:04] | An expedition to where? | 去哪里远征 |
[23:05] | – Well, it’s… – What does it matter? | -呃 是… -这重要吗 |
[23:08] | Unemployment’s heading north of 20 percent. | 失业率就要超过20%了 |
[23:10] | Even if you land soft at another paper, | 就算你轻松找到了另一家报社 |
[23:12] | they’re not gonna give the best assignments to a skirt and heels. | 他们不会把最好的任务给女人吧 |
[23:15] | So, you throw in with us, you get paid, and you get the scoop of a lifetime. | 你和我们一起既有钱赚 还有价值惊人的独家新闻 |
[23:19] | Why don’t you let Larry choke that down? | 拉瑞就只有吞苦水了 |
[23:22] | You know, if you talk any faster, your tongue’s gonna land on the floor. | 瞧你这巧舌如簧的 小心舌头掉地上 |
[23:28] | Why me? | 为什么选我 |
[23:30] | – It’s complicated. – Dumb it down. | -说来复杂 -那就说简单点 |
[23:33] | – I had a vision, and you… – Of a better future. | -我看见了幻象 你… -他是说对美好未来的幻想 |
[23:38] | For you, for the country, for everyone, really. | 对你 对这个国家 对每一个人 |
[23:42] | – Right. – Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[23:43] | So, what’s it gonna be? You gonna stand there with your trash can, or… | 你给个答复吧 是站在你的垃圾桶旁边 |
[23:47] | you gonna show these men what a gal like you can really do? | 还是让这些男人看看你这女人的本事 |
[24:10] | Brought you a sandwich. | 我给你带了三明治 |
[24:12] | Thanks. Not really hungry. | 谢了 我还不太饿 |
[24:14] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[24:16] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[24:27] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在这儿 |
[24:31] | Been thinking about it… a lot. | 我一直在想那件事 |
[24:36] | What it would be like if that were Dad, | 如果换作是爸 |
[24:39] | or Uncle Walt, | 沃尔特伯伯 |
[24:41] | or you. | 或者你会怎么样 |
[24:45] | How would that be better, Mom? | 结果会更好吗 妈 |
[24:49] | I mean… | 这个嘛 |
[24:53] | it wouldn’t. | 并不会 |
[24:58] | Not for us, it wouldn’t. | 对我们来说并不会 |
[25:05] | Grace! | 格蕾丝 |
[25:08] | Oh, I was hoping we might run into each other. | 我还盼着见你呢 |
[25:12] | Hello, Barnabas. | 你好 巴拿巴斯 |
[25:13] | Oh, you’re looking as fetching as ever. | 你还是一如既往地迷人 |
[25:16] | Though, I have to say, I have always preferred you in red. | 不过我得说 我一直觉得你穿红色更好看 |
[25:26] | Barnabas… | 巴拿巴斯 |
[25:28] | You’re lucky I like red. | 算你走运 我喜欢红色 |
[25:31] | Well, I think we’re done here. The Union thanks you for your assistance. | 行了 看来我们这边完事了 联合会感谢你的协助 |
[25:36] | I think you know your way out. | 那就慢走不送了 |
[25:37] | Actually, Walter’s invited me to stay. | 其实呀 沃尔特邀请我留下来呢 |
[25:42] | Has he? | 是吗 |
[25:44] | There’s a chance I can get inside Blackstar’s mind, | 我可能有办法进入黑星的大脑 |
[25:47] | search his memories. | 搜寻他的记忆 |
[25:49] | How? He’s dead. | 可他死了呀 |
[25:50] | I might be able to reanimate parts of his hippocampus and cortex | 我也许能激活他的部分海马体和皮质 |
[25:53] | if Barnabas can reconstruct the affected regions. | 如果巴拿巴斯能够重建受损部位 |
[25:56] | Translation, you need me. | 就是说 你需要我 |
[26:09] | Looking right past us, like we weren’t even there. | 瞧都不瞧我们一眼 当我们不存在呢 |
[26:12] | How’s that right? | 这太没道理了 |
[26:15] | Well, we’ll find something. It’s gonna take some time. | 唉 我们会找到活儿的 这会需要点时间 |
[26:21] | Time’s not gonna change the color of the man handing out the jobs. | 时间可不会改变雇佣者的肤色 |
[26:25] | That should be good. Thank you. | 这样就行了 谢谢 |
[26:28] | The hell you doing here? | 你们来这儿干什么 |
[26:30] | These are guests, boy! You treat ’em like it. | 儿子 他们是客人 好好对待 |
[26:32] | – It’s okay, Mrs. Small. It… – Not in my house, it isn’t. | -没关系的 斯默太太 -在我家可不允许这样 |
[26:35] | Birdie, can we have a minute, please? | 波蒂 能请你回避一下吗 |
[26:40] | I’ll put on some more tea. | 我再去泡点茶 |
[26:43] | Mind your manners, both of you. | 你俩 注意礼节 |
[26:51] | Boy’s right. | 我儿子说得对 |
[26:53] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你们来这儿干什么 |
[26:58] | – You found any work? – We be staring at you if we had? | -找到工作了吗 -找到了还会瞪着你吗 |
[27:00] | Okay, let’s all just take a moment, huh? | 好了 我们都先冷静一下 好吧 |
[27:03] | I don’t know you. | 我不认识你 |
[27:04] | So you wanna take a moment, why don’t you go outside for it? | 你想冷静一下 你就到外面凉快去 |
[27:07] | Now, whoa. This is not about me. This is about your son. | 别这样啊 重点不是我 而是你儿子 |
[27:10] | – Me? – He in trouble? | -我 -他闯祸了 |
[27:12] | No, no. Not in trouble. It’s an opportunity. | 不 没闯祸 而是有一个机会 |
[27:16] | – I’d like you to be a part of it, Fitz. – A part of what? | -我想让你加入 费茨 -加入什么 |
[27:19] | An expedition. We’re gonna secure a… a boat and a crew in Morocco. | 一场远征 我们会在摩洛哥找一艘船和一批船员 |
[27:23] | – Morocco? – Just hear us out. | -摩洛哥 -你听我们说完 |
[27:25] | I don’t know anything about the ocean, | 我完全不懂航海 |
[27:27] | and I don’t need any favors, Mr. Sampson. | 我也不想要你的帮忙 桑普森先生 |
[27:29] | Listen, you would be doing me a favor. I need… | 听着 是你帮我忙 我需要… |
[27:33] | I need people that I can count on. | 我需要我可以信任的人 |
[27:35] | And where would you be going once you leave Morocco? | 那你们是打算从摩洛哥去哪儿呢 |
[27:39] | Well, it’s… | 哦 这… |
[27:40] | – We can’t tell you that. – Why not? | -我们不能说 -为什么 |
[27:45] | Because then everybody would be trying to beat us there. | 以免大家想比我们抢先一步 |
[27:49] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿都不去 |
[27:50] | I’ll pay you. | 我花钱雇你 |
[27:52] | Six months. Whatever you would’ve made at the mill. | 半年 和你在炼钢厂的工钱一个数 |
[27:55] | Yeah. Plus, whatever we find where we’re going, | 此外 不管我们在目的地发现了什么 |
[27:58] | it’ll be a fair split, right down the line. | 我们会公平分配 完全平均 |
[28:02] | Uh, yeah, a fair split. | 对 公平分配 |
[28:07] | Is it dangerous? | 这危险吗 |
[28:08] | – No. – Maybe. No. Well, maybe. | -不 -可能 不 可能吧 |
[28:11] | A little bit. | 有一点 |
[28:13] | But when we find what we’re looking for, | 但等我们找到东西后 |
[28:14] | we’re gonna be able to hire everybody back from the mill, including your dad. | 我们就可以让炼钢厂的工人都复工 包括你爸 |
[28:19] | What do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[28:21] | Chance of a lifetime. Come on. | 这机会千载难逢 答应吧 |
[28:32] | Come on. | 答应吧 |
[28:35] | My family needs me right here. You know where the door is. | 我的家人需要我 慢走不送 |
[28:38] | – No, no, no. Fitz, you don’t understand. – I don’t think… Don’t. | -不 费茨 你不明白 -我不觉得 你别这样 |
[28:41] | – You heard the boy. – Okay. Shel… | -我儿子都表态了 -好了 谢尔顿 |
[28:43] | – It’s the chance of a lifetime. Just… – Okay. Come on, Shel. | -这机会千载难逢 -好了 走吧 谢尔顿 |
[28:46] | – Just get out of here! – Come on. Let’s go. | -快出去 -走吧 我们走 |
[29:11] | Coming in here like that after what he did to us. | 他那样对我们 还好意思找过来 |
[29:13] | Yeah. He’s got some nerve, | 是啊 他真是胆大包天 |
[29:16] | coming in here and offering you the chance of a lifetime. | 居然跑来这里 给你千载难逢的机会 |
[29:23] | Didn’t you just kick ’em out? | 你不是刚把他们赶走吗 |
[29:24] | You don’t air your dirty drawers in front of company. | 不能在客人面前讨论不体面的事 |
[29:27] | And anybody who walks through that door is company, | 任何进了我们家门的人都是客人 |
[29:31] | just like your mama said. | 就像你妈说的那样 |
[29:33] | You want me to crawl back to the same man who stole everything from us? | 你想让我回去哀求那个偷走我们一切的人 |
[29:36] | It was his father who did all the stealing. | 偷东西的人是他父亲 |
[29:39] | And it’s his son trying to make things right. | 而他的儿子想要赔罪补偿 |
[29:43] | I can’t believe you want me to do this. | 我不敢相信你想让我这么做 |
[29:45] | I want you to think, son, | 我是想让你动脑筋 儿子 |
[29:48] | and not with your guts all twisted up inside. | 而不是在心里较劲 意气用事 |
[29:54] | I want you to think with your… your head, like your mama and I taught you. | 我想让你思考 就像我和你妈教你的 |
[29:59] | There’s nothing here for you, son. | 你在这里是没有出路的 儿子 |
[30:02] | – There’s no work. There’s no… – You said we’d find something. | -没有工作 没有… -你说我们会找到活儿的 |
[30:04] | What else am I gonna tell you? | 不然我要怎么跟你说 |
[30:07] | It was bad enough when the country was on its feet, | 国家在兴盛时 我们的境遇都够糟了 |
[30:11] | but now all a Black man can hope to get | 现在一个黑人能够指望的 |
[30:13] | is kicked in the teeth for wanting an honest day’s work. | 就是连想要踏实工作都到处碰壁 |
[30:24] | We gotta go back in. | 我们得回去 |
[30:26] | We gotta tell him the truth. | 我们得告诉他真相 |
[30:29] | You think that’ll help? | 你觉得那能管用 |
[30:30] | Be fitting us both for a white coat. | 我俩会被送进精神病院的 |
[30:33] | We need him, George. | 我们需要他 乔治 |
[30:36] | If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. Otherwise, what’s the use, huh? | 命里有时终需有 不然还有什么用呢 |
[30:46] | I’ll do it. | 这事我干 |
[30:48] | – But I want my pay up front. – Okay. | -但是薪资要预付 -好 |
[30:50] | For my family, in case anything happens. | 这是给我家人的 以免路上出变故 |
[30:52] | Uh… everything’s gonna be all right, Fitz. I promise you. | 一切都会没事的 费茨 我保证 |
[30:56] | Up front, all of it. | 要全款预付 |
[31:06] | Well, what do you know, hmm? | 真是世事难料啊 |
[31:11] | Maybe you’re not daft in the head after all. | 或许你的脑袋瓜并不傻嘛 |
[31:14] | All right. | 走吧 |
[31:22] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 |
[31:29] | So… | 你说吧 |
[31:32] | I haven’t seen my father since I was 12. | 我从12岁起就没见过我父亲了 |
[31:34] | – You sure about that? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -对 |
[31:37] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[31:38] | Believe you? | 相信你 |
[31:40] | Why would I believe you? You’re not exactly a model citizen. | 我为什么要相信你 你可算不上模范公民 |
[31:45] | My dad left before I could barely wipe my own ass. | 我爸走的时候 我连擦屁股都不太会 |
[31:49] | So whatever it is you think I am, | 所以不管你对我有什么看法 |
[31:52] | it’s got nothing to do with him. | 这都和他没关系 |
[31:58] | You’re not the only one he hurt, you know? | 他伤害的不止你一个 |
[32:02] | He was my friend. | 他曾是我的朋友 |
[32:03] | More than that. He was family. | 不仅如此 他就像我的家人 |
[32:06] | I never thought that he would turn on us. | 我从没想过他会背叛我们 |
[32:11] | Way my mom tells it, you were the ones turned on him. | 根据我妈的说法 是你们背叛了他 |
[32:17] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[32:22] | Well, we all see the world the way we want it to… | 毕竟我们看到的是我们想看到的世界 |
[32:25] | I see it the way it is. | 我看到的是真实世界 |
[32:32] | I need to talk to him | 我需要找他谈谈 |
[32:35] | before this thing gets any more out of control. | 不然情况会更加不受控制 |
[32:37] | I already told you, I don’t know where he is. | 我已经说了 我不知道他在哪儿 |
[32:39] | Yeah? Well, maybe that thing does. | 是吗 可能那个玩意儿知道 |
[32:42] | Oh, you think I haven’t thought of that? | 你以为我没想到过这一点吗 |
[32:49] | Humor me. | 你就满足我吧 |
[32:58] | Take us to my dad. | 带我们去找我爸 |
[33:16] | – He’s not here, is he? – Told you. | -他不在这里吧 -我就说吧 |
[33:20] | – Some kind of a joke? – Yeah, a big one. | -这是在开玩笑吗 -对啊 还是个大玩笑 |
[33:24] | Every time I tell it to take me to my dad, | 每次我让它带我去找我爸 |
[33:26] | it dumps me in another strip club. | 它都把我甩在不同的脱衣舞厅里 |
[33:29] | He must’ve thought that was a real goddamn riot. | 他一定觉得这特他妈好玩吧 |
[33:31] | – You watch your language, son. – I’m not your son. | -注意语言 孩子 -我不是你的孩子 |
[33:34] | And I am not my damn father. | 我也不是我那该死的父亲 |
[33:36] | I’ve looked the other way with you | 我对你容忍 |
[33:37] | out of respect for who your father used to be. | 是看在你父亲过去的份上 |
[33:40] | He reaches out, you best let me know. | 他来找你的话 你最好告诉我 |
[33:57] | I needed you, Shel, here… | 我本来需要你的 谢尔顿 |
[34:01] | with me to make them… | 在这里 和我一起 |
[34:04] | to make them see it my way. | 让他们认同我的想法 |
[34:07] | What do you do? You go running off with your pal. | 而你呢 却和你的哥们儿去溜达了 |
[34:10] | – You have to understand… – It’s over. | -你得明白… -结束了 |
[34:12] | You didn’t show. They voted us out. | 你没有出现 他们把我们投出去了 |
[34:17] | They’re selling the company, pennies on the dollar. | 他们要把公司卖了 而且是贱卖 |
[34:22] | We’re lucky if we keep the house. | 能保住房子已经算万幸了 |
[34:28] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[34:30] | – Shel… – The company, board, none of it matters. | -谢尔顿 -公司或董事会都不重要 |
[34:32] | – Can we have the room? – Yeah. | -你能回避一下吗 -好的 |
[34:34] | – Please. – I’ll be outside. | -麻烦了 -好 我在外面等 |
[34:39] | Walt, I know you’re upset with me. | 沃尔特 我知道你在生我的气 |
[34:42] | But I need you to listen to me for a moment, okay? | 但是你得好好听我说 好吗 |
[34:46] | Okay. Talk. | 好 说吧 |
[34:51] | I… I had another episode | 我在堪萨斯的时候 |
[34:54] | when I was in Kansas. | 又犯了一次病 |
[34:57] | But I saw something there. | 但我在那里有所发现 |
[35:00] | I saw… | 我看见… |
[35:02] | I saw coordinates, out in the middle of the Atlantic. | 我看见了指向大西洋中央的坐标 |
[35:06] | – Coordinates? – Yeah. | -坐标 -对 |
[35:08] | To what? | 是什么的坐标 |
[35:10] | I don’t know. I don’t know. But there is something out there. | 我不知道 但是那里肯定有什么东西 |
[35:15] | There’s something that is gonna change our lives. | 一个能改变我们人生的东西 |
[35:20] | – Our lives? – Yes. | -我们的人生 -对 |
[35:23] | And I want you to come with me. Please, I’m… | 我想让你跟我去 求你了 我… |
[35:27] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[35:32] | How does that feel, | 这是种什么感觉 |
[35:35] | needing your brother? | 需要自己的兄弟 |
[35:36] | Oh, come on. You’re not listening to me. | 别这样 你还是没听进去 |
[35:38] | I asked you for one thing, Shel, that you be here today. | 我只对你有一个要求 就是今天到场 |
[35:41] | – I needed you… – It doesn’t matter! | -我需要你… -这不重要 |
[35:46] | None of it matters. | 这都不重要 |
[35:54] | It mattered to me. | 这对我很重要 |
[36:35] | Are you sure you don’t have powers? | 你确定你没有神力吗 |
[36:39] | Gonna have the bruises tomorrow to prove it. | 你明天看我的淤青就知道了 |
[36:43] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:48] | Your dad dropped in on me today. | 你爸今天突然来找我了 |
[36:54] | Shit. | 我靠 |
[36:58] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[37:00] | -This is how it always starts, you know? -Hey… | -每次都是这样开始的 -听着 |
[37:02] | Friendly talk, and then, | 先好声好气地聊 然后呢 |
[37:04] | bit by bit, he will intimidate the shit out of you | 他会一点点地把你吓得屁滚尿流 |
[37:07] | until you realize it just… | 直到你意识到这… |
[37:10] | isn’t worth it. | 这并不值得 |
[37:11] | He didn’t come to see me about you. | 他不是为你的事来找我的 |
[37:17] | He didn’t? | 不是吗 |
[37:21] | I don’t think he even knows about, uh… | 他应该不知道… |
[37:25] | whatever this is. | 我们这档子事 |
[37:28] | Well, what did he want? | 那他找你干吗 |
[37:30] | Looking for my father. | 他想找我爸 |
[37:36] | So, what did you tell him? | 那你怎么跟他说的 |
[37:39] | The truth. | 真相 |
[37:42] | Mostly. | 主要是为这个 |
[37:45] | And just so you know, | 我声明一下 |
[37:47] | your daddy doesn’t scare me. | 你爸吓不倒我 |
[38:26] | Sheldon told me what you said to him. | 谢尔顿跟我说了你对他说的话 |
[38:31] | Little strong, wasn’t it? | 你口气有点重 不是吗 |
[38:35] | He needed to hear it… | 他是需要敲打一下 |
[38:38] | from somebody that gives a damn. | 因为我他妈的在乎他 |
[38:42] | You know I do. | 你知道我是在乎的 |
[38:45] | It’s a funny way of showing it, if I’m honest. | 说实话 你表达在乎的方式挺奇怪 |
[38:49] | Honesty’s the game, is it? | 你想跟我玩儿说实话 是么 |
[38:52] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[39:07] | You know, you can’t really care about someone | 如果你对一个人的嫉妒心折磨着你 |
[39:10] | that you’re so jealous of it turns you inside out. | 你是无法真正地在乎他的 |
[39:17] | He’s sick, George. | 他病了 乔治 |
[39:22] | And you… | 而你呢 |
[39:23] | you keep feeding his delusions, | 你总是助长着他的妄想 |
[39:27] | like it’s a sport or something. | 好像这是闹着玩儿似的 |
[39:33] | Sampson Steel died the moment your father stepped off the ledge. | 桑普森钢铁 在你父亲跳楼的那一刻就死了 |
[39:36] | – What? – Clinging to it is your delusion. | -什么 -放不下才是你的妄想 |
[39:39] | And what would you know about saving a business? | 你哪里懂挽救企业的事 |
[39:42] | Everything that you have is handed to you on a platter. | 你所拥有的一切都是家里给你的 |
[39:45] | You arrogant little sh… | 你这个傲慢的死… |
[39:46] | This isn’t about saving the mill, Walt. This is about saving yourself! | 你根本不是在救炼钢厂 沃尔特 而是在救你自己 |
[39:52] | Sheldon’s just trying to do the same in his own way. | 谢尔顿也是 只是以他的方式罢了 |
[39:59] | So, you believe him? | 所以你相信他 |
[40:02] | His visions. | 他的幻象 |
[40:07] | You really believe that there’s something out there in the middle of the ocean? | 你真的相信在大洋的中央有点什么 |
[40:14] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[40:17] | All I know is he needs this. | 我只知道这是他需要的 |
[40:21] | He needs this journey to heal. | 他需要这场旅程来疗愈自己 |
[40:28] | Maybe he’s not the only one. | 可能他并不是唯一一个吧 |
[40:48] | Wait. Slow down. You want me to go where? | 等一下 说慢点 你想让我去哪儿 |
[40:50] | Morocco. That’s where we’ll find the ship, I think. | 摩洛哥 我们应该是去那里找船 |
[40:53] | And… Walt agreed to this? | 这… 沃尔特也同意吗 |
[40:56] | Well, Walt didn’t at first. I thought the whole thing was gonna go belly-up… | 他一开始不同意 我以为这事没戏了 |
[40:59] | but somehow George convinced him. | 结果乔治想办法说服他了 |
[41:02] | I… I don’t know what I would do without George. | 我真是离不开乔治啊 |
[41:05] | Sheldon, stop. Stop. | 谢尔顿 停一下 |
[41:07] | You… you said that everything was gonna be okay. | 你说一切都会没事的 |
[41:11] | – You said that you were okay. – I am. | -你说你没事 -我没事啊 |
[41:14] | I am. This is… this is real, all of it. | 我没事 这是真的 全都是真的 |
[41:18] | Well, did you see me… | 那么 你有看到我吗 |
[41:23] | in your visions? | 我在你的幻象里吗 |
[41:25] | – Well… – Was I there? | -这… -我在那里吗 |
[41:50] | No, Jane. | 别这样 珍 |
[42:03] | What was your thought process after Jane left you? Your narrative? | 珍离开你后 你是怎么想的 怎么解读的 |
[42:08] | It was a punishment | 那是一项惩罚 |
[42:11] | for not being good enough. | 因为我不够好 |
[42:14] | – That’s not what she told you, was it? – Okay, I get it. | -但她并不是这么说的吧 好吧 -我明白了 |
[42:18] | The Code is a symbol for being a good boy and that… | 律条是好孩子的象征 |
[42:20] | we can’t prevent loss or tragedy. | 我们是无法避免损失或悲剧的 |
[42:22] | I’m not naive. | 我并不天真 |
[42:24] | But…? | 但是 |
[42:26] | But the world never used to be so intentionally cruel. | 但是这个世界从未如此残忍过 |
[42:29] | It used to be that if you gave your kids everything they needed, | 在过去 如果你满足孩子的所有需求 |
[42:32] | they’d be okay. | 他们就会好好的 |
[42:35] | That you protect your country, they call you a hero. | 如果你保护了你的国家 他们就奉你为英雄 |
[42:38] | The world has always been chaos and shit, my friend. | 这个世界一向都混乱腌臜 |
[42:44] | It’s your beliefs that have kept you hopeful. | 醒醒吧 朋友 是你的信仰让你保持希望 |
[42:46] | “If I’m good, bad things won’t happen to me or the ones that I love.” | ”如果我是好人 坏事就不会降临于我 或者我所爱的人” |
[42:51] | It’s a construct you created a long time ago | 这是你很久以前就建立了的思维建构 |
[42:53] | to shield yourself from reality. | 让你回避现实的残酷 |
[42:56] | But reality always wins out, | 而现实总是会获得胜利 |
[42:59] | no matter how profoundly we rail against it. | 不管我们有多么强烈地反抗它 |
[43:02] | So, what are you saying? That there is no difference between right and wrong? | 那你什么意思 对错是没有分别的 |
[43:05] | That… that morality is some kind of an intellectual exercise? | 道德只是头脑里的某种博弈 |
[43:08] | No. | 不 |
[43:09] | I’m suggesting that you exist in a world of your own creation, | 我是说你存在于你自己创造的世界里 |
[43:14] | a world of black and white, good and evil. | 一个黑白分明 非善即恶的世界 |
[43:17] | And it has protected you for the most part. | 这在很大程度保护了你 |
[43:21] | But…? | 但是 |
[43:23] | But it doesn’t allow for the way the world really is | 但它容不下世界真实的样子 |
[43:26] | and how the majority of people live in it, | 以及绝大多数人和它相处的方式 |
[43:30] | in shades of gray. | 那就是灰色地带 |
[43:43] | Well, I’m afraid we’ll have to continue this next week. | 好了 恐怕我们得下周再继续了 |
[43:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:51] | Thank you, Jack. | 谢谢你 杰克 |
[43:54] | Sometimes it feels like you’re the only one that I can talk to. | 有时候我觉得你是我唯一能倾诉的人 |
[43:58] | Isn’t it interesting that the one person you come to for advice | 这太有意思了 你征求意见的对象 |
[44:02] | is the man who tried to kill you for 20 years? | 是20年来一直想杀你的人 |
[44:06] | Honestly, Jack, no one else understands me. | 说实话 杰克 其他人都不懂我 |
[44:12] | Well, you always know where to find me. | 行啊 反正你随时都知道在哪儿找我 |