| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Our nation is suffering from mass hysteria right now. | 我们国家现在正因群众恐慌而混乱 |
| [00:05] | We saw something in those woods and it was real. | 我们看到树林里有东西 是真的 |
| [00:08] | You want me to investigate flying saucers. | 你是想让我调查飞碟 |
| [00:11] | Space ships, aliens, | 飞船 外星人 |
| [00:13] | the Air Force knows they don’t exist. | 空军知道它们不存在 |
| [00:15] | The others that came believed me. | 其他来看我的人都相信我了 |
| [00:17] | – What others? – The men in the hats. | -什么其他人 -戴帽子的人 |
| [00:20] | They left this for you. | 他们给你留下了这个 |
| [00:23] | I think the doctor will perform his role rather well, don’t you? | 我想博士会很好地履行他的职责 你不觉得吗 |
| [00:26] | There’s something off about him. | 他有点不对劲 |
| [00:29] | I just didn’t like him asking so many questions. | 我就是不喜欢他问这么多问题 |
| [00:53] | 本剧灵感来源于J·艾伦·海尼克博士 负责为美国空军调查不明飞行物 | |
| [00:57] | *I’m just a real fine daddy with lovin’ on my mind* | *我只是个好爸爸 心中满怀爱* |
| [01:02] | *Well, I’m just a real fine daddy with lovin’ on my mind* | *我只是个好爸爸 心中满怀爱* |
| [01:09] | So I was thinking dinner and a movie Friday. | 我在想周五一起吃晚餐 看电影 |
| [01:12] | Would you like that? | 你觉得怎么样 |
| [01:13] | What movie? | 什么电影 |
| [01:16] | Well, “The Thing” is playing at the Rialto. | 丽都剧院正在上映《怪形》 |
| [01:20] | Tommy, you know I don’t like scary movies. | 汤米 你知道我不喜欢恐怖电影 |
| [01:23] | Yeah, makes you hang all over me. | 是啊 那样你就会紧紧抱着我 |
| [01:26] | That’s kind of the point. | 这才是重点 |
| [01:28] | Don’t matter what movie, I’ll still hang on to you. | 不管是什么电影 我都会紧紧抱住你 |
| [01:33] | Gina, hang on? | 吉娜 能等下吗 |
| [01:34] | Yeah, sure, Tommy. | 当然 汤米 |
| [01:47] | Unidentified aircraft in Lubbock air space, | 卢伯克市领空的不明飞行物 |
| [01:49] | please identify yourself. | 请表明您的身份 |
| [02:04] | Tom? Tommy, you there? | 汤姆 汤米 你在吗 |
| [02:14] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
| [02:15] | Tommy, I see these strange lights. | 汤米 我看到了那些奇怪的光 |
| [02:17] | What’s going on? Tommy? | 发生什么了 汤米 |
| [02:19] | Gina, baby, hello? | 吉娜 宝贝 你在吗 |
| [02:22] | Hello? | 你在吗 |
| [02:25] | And they’ve been hiding the truth from us for years. | 多年来他们一直对我们隐瞒真相 |
| [02:29] | Since 1947, | 从1947年起 |
| [02:30] | there’ve been over 1,200 confirmed sightings | 仅在美国 就已有超过一千两百起 |
| [02:33] | of strange objects in the sky just in America. | 已确认的目击奇怪物体出现在天空的案例 |
| [02:37] | And we all know what happened in Roswell. | 我们都知道罗斯维尔发生了什么 |
| [02:41] | You call it a massive government cover-up. | 你称其为大规模政府掩盖事实真相 |
| [02:44] | Government and military. | 政府和军队 |
| [02:47] | We’re being visited by aliens on a regular basis. | 我们正在定期被外星人拜访 |
| [02:53] | The only question now is whether or not those visits | 唯一的问题就是这些不速之客 |
| [02:58] | are preparation for invasion. | 是不是在为入侵做准备 |
| [03:01] | The public has a right to know for their own safety, | 公众有权知晓关乎自身安全的事情 |
| [03:06] | and that is why I do the work I do. | 这就是我从事这项工作的原因 |
| [03:09] | And important work it is. | 那是一项很重要的工作 |
| [03:12] | Folks, you can find the whole story on newsstands now. | 朋友们 你们可以在报摊找到故事全文 |
| [03:17] | It’s a pleasure having you on, Donald. | 很高兴你能来 唐纳德 |
| [03:19] | You really opened my eyes. | 你真是让我大开眼界 |
| [03:21] | Thank you for having the courage to let me speak the truth. | 谢谢你有勇气让我说出真相 |
| [03:26] | Let’s hear it for our guest, renowned author, | 再次感谢我们的嘉宾 知名作家 |
| [03:28] | flying saucer expert, Mr. Donald Keyhoe. | 飞碟专家 唐纳德·科霍先生 |
| [03:36] | Beautiful crowd. Beautiful crowd. | 大家都很热情 都很热情 |
| [03:48] | Mr. Keyhoe, sir? | 科霍先生 是吗 |
| [03:50] | What do you want you me to sign? | 你想让我签什么 |
| [03:53] | – Sir? – Just tell me. | -先生 -告诉我就行了 |
| [03:55] | Oh, here, to whom shall I make it out? | 这儿呢 我该写送给谁呢 |
| [04:01] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
| [04:08] | What is it that you want? | 你想要什么 |
| [04:10] | Well, I understand that you sometimes pay cash | 我知道你有时候会付钱 |
| [04:12] | for the right kind of story. | 买合适的故事 |
| [04:16] | And this is — | 这个是… |
| [04:18] | this is like nothing you’ve ever seen before. | 这跟你之前看的任何一个故事都不同 |
| [04:23] | I very much doubt that you can tell me | 我不太相信你能提供一些 |
| [04:24] | anything I haven’t seen before. | 我之前没见过的猛料 |
| [04:26] | No, this is bigger than Thomas Mantell | 不 这比托马斯·曼特尔 |
| [04:27] | and the government cover-up of flying saucers. | 或是政府掩盖事实的事情要大得多 |
| [04:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
| [04:38] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
| [04:48] | If I feel you have something worthy, | 如果我觉得你说的有价值 |
| [04:52] | then I’ll pay. | 我就会付钱 |
| [04:55] | This is about the lights in Texas — Lubbock, Texas. | 是关于得克萨斯州的神秘光 得州卢伯克 |
| [05:22] | Joel? | 乔尔 |
| [05:52] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧 |
| [06:00] | Joel, wake up. | 乔尔 醒醒 |
| [06:06] | What are you doing in the closet? | 你在衣柜里干什么 |
| [06:08] | Hiding. | 躲着 |
| [06:10] | Hiding? From what? | 躲着 躲什么 |
| [06:13] | Space men… from Mars. | 火星太空人 |
| [06:24] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪得到这本书的 |
| [06:25] | At school. | 在学校里 |
| [06:27] | Everyone’s reading it. | 大家都在看 |
| [06:37] | Hello? | 你好 |
| [06:43] | The Communists in the Kremlin | 克里姆林宫里的共产主义者 |
| [06:45] | are engaged in a monstrous conspiracy | 正在进行一场可怕的阴谋 |
| [06:47] | to stamp out freedom all over the world. | 他们要消灭全世界的自由 |
| [06:50] | If they were to succeed, | 如果他们成功了 |
| [06:52] | the United States would be numbered among their principle victims. | 美国将会成为他们的主要受害者 |
| [06:57] | It must be clear to everyone that the United States… | 每个人都必须清楚 美国… |
| [06:59] | They call the bomb “Joe-3.” | 他们把它叫做斯大林三号原子弹 |
| [07:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
| [07:02] | Russians air-drop their first atom bomb test, | 俄罗斯人将要进行首次原子弹实验 |
| [07:04] | somebody somewhere’s gonna give it a name. | 总得有人给它起个名字 |
| [07:07] | I’m guessing there was a number one | 看来之前有过一号 |
| [07:07] | and a number two before that. | 和二号 |
| [07:09] | Just the idea of nuclear war — pure insanity. | 光是发动核战争的想法就已经荒谬至极了 |
| [07:13] | You ask Harding, it’s only a matter of time | 你去问问哈丁 用不了多久 |
| [07:15] | before we find out whose nukes are bigger. | 我们就知道谁的核武器更大了 |
| [07:21] | Are you doctors? | 你们是医生吗 |
| [07:22] | No, we’re here about the sighting. | 不是 我们是为了奇象而来的 |
| [07:24] | We’re from Blue Book. | 我们是蓝皮书计划的人 |
| [07:25] | I’m Gina. I’m Tom’s fiancée. | 我叫吉娜 汤姆的未婚妻 |
| [07:28] | Gina, you’re the one who called. | 吉娜 电话是你打的 |
| [07:31] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
| [07:33] | They say he crashed his truck, | 他们说他撞坏了他的卡车 |
| [07:37] | but there’s not a mark on him, | 但是他身上毫无伤痕 |
| [07:40] | and he just won’t wake up. | 他只是昏迷不醒 |
| [07:44] | The thing is, if you saw his truck, | 问题在于 如果你们看过他的卡车 |
| [07:49] | it just don’t make no sense. | 那完全解释不通啊 |
| [07:51] | Listen, if — if now is a bad time, | 如果现在不方便 |
| [07:53] | – we can come back. – You know the power | -我们可以晚点再来 -你们知不知道 |
| [07:54] | went out right when it happened? | 事发的时候停电了吗 |
| [07:56] | All over town. | 整个镇都停电了 |
| [07:58] | Like this craft or whatever it was | 就像这架太空船或者是什么东西 |
| [08:01] | sucked it right out of the sky. | 从空中把电全都吸走了 |
| [08:03] | Craft? | 太空船 |
| [08:05] | Did you see something, too? | 你也看到什么了吗 |
| [08:07] | A lot of folks did. | 很多人都看到了 |
| [08:08] | Ask around. | 你们可以去问问 |
| [08:10] | V-shaped lights flying faster than a meteor. | V形光带飞得比流星还快 |
| [08:13] | I’m sure they keep radar logs at the tower. | 我相信塔台里会保留有雷达日志的 |
| [08:16] | You know, I’d like to get a look at his truck. | 我想去看看他的卡车 |
| [08:21] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
| [08:22] | Doctor? Hello? | 医生 快来人 |
| [08:24] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
| [08:27] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
| [08:31] | Baby? | 亲爱的 |
| [08:33] | What just happened? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
| [09:01] | Oh, I got it, Donna. | 我来帮你 唐娜 |
| [09:05] | Oh, are you stocking up for the bomb shelter? | 你在准备防空洞的储粮吗 |
| [09:07] | Jack wants to be fully prepared for the end of the world. | 杰克想为世界末日做好充分的准备 |
| [09:11] | Sounds like one of Joel’s nightmares. | 听着像乔尔的噩梦 |
| [09:13] | Well, with those reds in Korea, Chairman Mao in China, | 有朝鲜的共军 还有中国的毛主席 |
| [09:17] | nightmare sounds about right. | 做噩梦很正常 |
| [09:18] | 生存供给储备 国防部提供 | |
| [09:20] | Was it difficult to build? | 难建吗 |
| [09:22] | Oh, no. We just picked it up at the hardware store. | 不难 我们就是在五金店买的 |
| [09:25] | It comes mostly assembled. | 大多数都是组装好的 |
| [09:27] | Those underground ones are so expensive. | 地下防空洞太贵了 |
| [09:29] | And it makes you feel safer? | 这会让你觉得更安全吗 |
| [09:31] | Snug like bugs in a rug. | 安全又舒适 |
| [09:36] | Seems cozy. | 看起来很温馨 |
| [09:38] | But the thing is, there’s only room for one family inside. | 但问题是 里面只能住一家人 |
| [09:42] | Oh, of course, I-I wasn’t — I wasn’t suggesting… | 当然了 我不是在说… |
| [09:45] | Oh, I know you weren’t. | 我知道你不是 |
| [09:46] | But Jack and I, we discussed it. | 但是我和杰克 我们商量过了 |
| [09:49] | I mean, you have to. | 必须得商量 |
| [09:50] | What would you do if someone came knocking? | 如果有人来敲门怎么办 |
| [09:55] | Well, what would you do? | 你们会怎么办 |
| [09:57] | Jack bought a rifle and told me not to worry about it. | 杰克买了步枪 叫我别担心 |
| [10:04] | Allen in town? | 艾伦进城了吗 |
| [10:06] | – He’s away on business. – Great. | -他出去办事了 -那好 |
| [10:09] | Well, when he gets back, we need to have dinner real soon. | 他回来后 我们真要一起吃个晚饭 |
| [10:17] | He still had his hands on the wheel when we got to him. | 我们到的时候 他的手紧紧握住方向盘 |
| [10:20] | Had to pry ’em off. | 不得不把手硬撬开 |
| [10:23] | Eyes wide open. | 眼睛瞪得巨大 |
| [10:25] | Couldn’t say a word. | 什么话都说不出来 |
| [10:29] | Just craziest thing I ever saw. | 这是我见过最疯狂的事情 |
| [10:38] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
| [10:40] | You pulled him out of this thing? | 你把他从这个东西里拉出来的 |
| [10:43] | You’d think maybe another vehicle was involved, | 你们可能认为还会有另一辆车 |
| [10:46] | but there’s no skid marks, no sign of a collision. | 但没有打滑的痕迹 也没有撞击的痕迹 |
| [10:51] | It’s just the strangest thing I ever saw. | 简直是我见过最奇怪的事情 |
| [10:54] | Can’t explain it at all. | 完全没有办法解释 |
| [11:01] | They say he crashed his truck, | 他们说他撞坏了他的卡车 |
| [11:05] | but there’s not a mark on him. | 但他身上毫无伤痕 |
| [11:12] | What are you thinking? | 你怎么想的 |
| [11:14] | Thermal strain can cause tensile stress in some metals like this, | 热应变会引起一些像这样的金属张应力 |
| [11:18] | but, uh, if that was electrical, | 但是 如果与电相关 |
| [11:21] | it would have to be tuned to the right frequency. | 它必须要被调到正确的电频率 |
| [11:24] | This blackout people been reporting, | 大家一直在上报的停电情况 |
| [11:25] | what do we know about that? | 你们怎么看待 |
| [11:28] | Well, power grid out here isn’t the best. | 这里的电路不是最好 |
| [11:29] | It could’ve just been the old lights, | 有可能只是电灯老旧引起短路 |
| [11:31] | but, uh, blackouts don’t usually send folks into a blind panic. | 但是 停电通常不会让人们陷入盲目的恐慌 |
| [11:35] | Tied up our phone lines pretty good last night. | 昨晚把局里的电话都被打爆了 |
| [11:40] | – Last night? – Yeah, we’ve been traveling. | -昨晚 -我们昨天在路上 |
| [11:41] | We don’t know anything about this. | 我们对此一无所知 |
| [11:43] | Mostly near the University. | 多数电话来自大学附近 |
| [11:46] | A regular riot on campus. | 混乱校园平常的一天 |
| [12:00] | Hi. How are you? | 你好吗 |
| [12:04] | Well, the dean was, uh, kind enough to give us a room | 院长很大方 给我们一间教室 |
| [12:07] | to interview the witnesses, and according to this, | 去采访目击者 然后根据这个平面图 |
| [12:09] | it should be just over… | 应该就在这… |
| [12:16] | – This way. Come on, we’re late. – Just gonna double-check. | -这边 我们要迟到了 -再确认一下 |
| [12:21] | – Hi, there. – Oh, hi. | -你们好 -你好 |
| [12:24] | Look, we seem to have lost our heading. | 我们好像迷路了 |
| [12:26] | We’re looking for the Science ministration building. | 我们正在找科学部大楼 |
| [12:27] | I don’t know if you can point me in that direction. | 我不知道你是否可以给我指明方向 |
| [12:29] | It’s right there. | 就在那儿 |
| [12:31] | What do you know? | 真出人意料 |
| [12:32] | By the way, I’m Leigh-Ann. | 顺便一提 我是利安 |
| [12:34] | – Any plans today? – Uh, homecoming party. | -今天有什么计划吗 -返校舞会 |
| [12:38] | You should come. | 你应该来 |
| [12:39] | I’ll think of it. | 我会考虑一下 |
| [12:40] | – Okay. – Nice meeting you. | -好吧 -很高兴认识你 |
| [12:43] | We all right. This way. | 我们方向没错 是那边 |
| [12:45] | Those are not women you’re, uh, chatting up there, Captain. | 你刚才搭话的姑娘 她们还没有成年 上尉 |
| [12:48] | They’re schoolgirls. | 她们还是女学生 |
| [12:49] | Grad students. | 毕业生 |
| [12:51] | When I was their age, I was old enough toorbomberover Berlin, so… | 我这么大时 已经在柏林空投炸弹了 |
| [12:57] | Guess I miss all this. | 我想我怀念这一切 |
| [13:00] | Big homecoming party tonight. | 今晚有盛大的返校舞会 |
| [13:02] | Just get invited, by the way. | 对了我刚被邀请了 |
| [13:15] | These are all witnesses? | 这些都是目击者 |
| [13:17] | No, that’s a negative. | 不是 并不全是 |
| [13:19] | Some of these are just kids trying to get out of class. | 其中一些孩子只是不想上课 |
| [13:25] | Hello. I’m Captain Quinn. | 大家好 我是奎恩上尉 |
| [13:27] | This is Dr. Hynek from the United States Air Force. | 这是来自美国空军的海尼克博士 |
| [13:31] | Now listen, we don’t have a lot of time today, | 听着 我们没有很多时间 |
| [13:32] | so if you don’t need to be here, beat it. | 所以如果你不是目击者 赶紧离开 |
| [13:38] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快点 |
| [13:42] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
| [13:43] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你们的到来 |
| [13:44] | Uh, we do understand it can be hard | 我们知道 作为目击证人 |
| [13:47] | to come forward as a witness, | 站出来述说这一切很不容易 |
| [13:48] | so, uh, we do appreciate you being here. | 所以我们很感谢你们能来 |
| [13:51] | Now, um, if you believe that you have seen | 如果你们确信自己看见了 |
| [13:54] | these strange lights in the sky, | 天空中这些奇怪的光 |
| [13:58] | please raise your hands. | 请举起你们的手 |
| [14:05] | This many witnesses? | 这么多目击者 |
| [14:10] | That’s a new one. | 第一次遇到这样的 |
| [14:13] | I’d just come out of the cafeteria | 我刚从餐厅走出来 |
| [14:15] | when it passed overheard. | 它就从我头顶掠过 |
| [14:18] | All the lights went out. | 所有灯都灭了 |
| [14:19] | It was terrifying. | 非常可怕 |
| [14:22] | I thought they were stars at first. | 起初我以为它们是星星 |
| [14:27] | And then they started moving. | 然后它们就开始动起来 |
| [14:31] | And all of a sudden I look up, | 突然间我抬头 |
| [14:33] | and I — and I saw this thing hovering over me. | 我看到这东西在我头顶盘旋 |
| [14:36] | I felt all tight inside | 我极其紧张 |
| [14:39] | like there was somethinging grabbing hold of me. | 感觉好像有什么东西紧紧地抓着我 |
| [14:41] | My heart was just pounding so fast | 我的心怦怦直跳 |
| [14:44] | that I thought it was gonna burst. | 我以为它快要爆炸了 |
| [14:46] | And I thought, “Please don’t do that.” | 然后我就想”千万别爆炸” |
| [14:50] | Figured they were stars. | 我以为它们是星星 |
| [14:52] | They were awful bright. | 它们简直太亮了 |
| [14:54] | But the scariest thing — it didn’t make a sound. | 但最可怕的是 它悄无声息 |
| [14:58] | So I ran. | 所以我逃走了 |
| [15:01] | I thought I was gonna die. | 我以为我要死了 |
| [15:03] | I prayed. | 我开始祈祷 |
| [15:05] | It was the last thing I could do. | 这是我唯一可能做的事了 |
| [15:06] | I didn’t know how to react. | 我不知道怎么办 |
| [15:07] | I was just terrified, and I fainted. | 我害怕极了 然后晕了过去 |
| [15:11] | Never seen anything like that before in my life. | 我从没看见过那样的东西 |
| [15:16] | Question, Professor. | 我有问题 教授 |
| [15:20] | What exactly am I looking at here? | 黑板上写的是什么 |
| [15:21] | Well, I’ve taken the accounts | 我考虑了大家的证词 |
| [15:23] | and created a grid of the night sky over the campus. | 并建了一个校园夜晚天空的矩阵 |
| [15:26] | Timeframes, angles of sight, light interference. | 包括时间范围 视角 光线干扰 |
| [15:28] | It is a composite sketch of the sighting. | 这是一份视线的复合草图 |
| [15:31] | So what’s it telling you? | 它告诉了你什么 |
| [15:39] | Shooting stars — not possible. | 流星 不可能 |
| [15:42] | Plane — well, there were no scheduled flights that evening. | 飞机 那晚并没有预定的航班 |
| [15:46] | But the power outage, now, I’m starting to think — | 但是停电现象 我开始觉得 |
| [15:51] | Good, you’re still here. | 很好 你还在这里 |
| [15:53] | And you must be Hynek. | 你一定就是海尼克 |
| [15:56] | Dr. Allen Hynek. | 我是艾伦·海尼克博士 |
| [15:57] | Ah. I’m Professor Carlton Fanshaw. | 我是卡尔顿·范肖教授 |
| [16:00] | This is my classroom. | 这是我的教室 |
| [16:02] | I, uh, need it for the next period. | 下节课我需要用这间教室 |
| [16:03] | Of course, but the Dean assured us that we had use of — | 当然 但是院长保证过我们可以使用 |
| [16:06] | This classroom is not the domain of the Dean’s, it’s mine. | 这间教室不是院长的 是我的 |
| [16:09] | You must be misinformed. | 你肯定是没收到通知 |
| [16:11] | We’re here on official government business. | 我们在这里有政府业务要办 |
| [16:13] | No, no, no, no, I’m well informed. | 不不不 我很清楚 |
| [16:15] | I know exactly who you are. I know exactly why you’re here. | 我知道你们是谁 我也知道你们为什么在这 |
| [16:18] | And trust me when I say you won’t be needing my chalkboard | 请相信我 你们用不着我的黑板 |
| [16:20] | because I have this. | 因为我有这个 |
| [16:27] | Hold on. | 等等 |
| [16:29] | Is that… | 这个是 |
| [16:29] | What you’ve been looking for. Yes, it is. | 你们一直在寻找的东西 是的 |
| [16:32] | And, uh, not only did I take that photograph last night, | 我昨晚不仅拍了照片 |
| [16:35] | but I’ve done your job for you. | 我还帮你们做了分析 |
| [16:37] | Gentlemen, I’ve solved the mystery of the Lubbock Lights. | 先生们 我解开了卢伯克之光的谜团 |
| [16:40] | Your work here is done. | 你们的工作结束了 |
| [16:51] | Having seen the photograph, the answer is quite obvious | 看过照片后 对于那些熟悉 |
| [16:55] | to anyone familiar with the local avian fauna. | 当地鸟类的人来说答案不言而喻 |
| [17:02] | Plovers? | 珩科鸟 |
| [17:03] | Your basic plover is a, uh — | 简单来说珩科鸟就是 |
| [17:06] | it’s a water bird. | 它是一种水鸟 |
| [17:07] | It’s about the size quail. | 它和鹌鹑差不多大 |
| [17:09] | I know what a plover is. | 我知道珩科鸟是什么 |
| [17:13] | Please go on, professor. | 请继续 教授 |
| [17:15] | Well, you see, the oily white breast of the plover | 好的 珩科鸟油白的胸口 |
| [17:17] | serves as a, uh — a highly efficient reflective surface. | 是一种能高效反射光的表面 |
| [17:21] | So, when a light shines on it, from below, | 所以当灯光从下方照射时 |
| [17:23] | from the recently installed mercury-vapor street lamps | 比如当霍利斯特大道最近安装的 |
| [17:26] | along Hollister Avenue hitting a flock in flight, | 水银蒸汽路灯照射到飞行的鸟群时 |
| [17:31] | you get, voilà, a V-shaped alien armada. | 就会形成一个V形的外星舰队 |
| [17:55] | Forty three pieces, full set of enches. | 四十三件 全套尺寸 |
| [17:58] | You can get anything you want in your house with this. | 有了这个你在家就不用发愁了 |
| [18:00] | I’ll tell you what, we’ve got it on sale. | 这样吧 我给你打个折 |
| [18:02] | You’re not gonna find it anywhere else for any better price than that. | 你不会在别家找到更划算的价格了 |
| [18:06] | Maybe you could take a little more off? | 也许你能更便宜些 |
| [18:08] | It’s twenty cents. It’s on sale. | 才二十分 还是特价 |
| [18:10] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算买吗 |
| [18:12] | – You want it? – Let’s bring you up for it. | -你想要吗 -帮我包好吧 |
| [18:14] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
| [18:15] | Hi. I’m just with a customer right now, ma’am. | 你好 我先帮这位顾客结个帐 太太 |
| [18:17] | Sorry, I-I’ll just… | 对不起 我就 |
| [18:21] | So, uh, you rooting for Texas? | 你支持得州的球队吗 |
| [19:10] | There you are. | 你在这里啊 |
| [19:12] | Can help you, ma’am? | 有什么能为你效劳 太太 |
| [19:14] | Do you have a question? | 你有什么问题吗 |
| [19:16] | Yes, sorry, the, um… | 是的 对不起 |
| [19:19] | The sign outside — | 外面的标识 |
| [19:21] | – Do you have any shelters in stock? – We do. | -你们还有防空洞吗 -有 |
| [19:23] | So why don’t you get your hubby to drop by tomorrow | 不如明天让你的丈夫过来一趟 |
| [19:25] | so he and I can talk? It’ll take some explaining. | 这样我和他可以谈谈 这东西需要些解释 |
| [19:28] | Unfortunately, the hubby’s out of town | 很不巧 我丈夫不在家 |
| [19:31] | and the wifey would like to surprise him when he gets back, | 我想在他回来时给他个惊喜 |
| [19:33] | so why don’t you ring one up and deliver it by morning | 不如你打包一个明早送到我家 |
| [19:36] | so I can build my own bomb shelter before he gets home? | 这样我就能在他回家前搭好防空洞 |
| [19:40] | Did I explain that clearly enough for you? | 我解释地够清楚了吗 |
| [19:44] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 太太 |
| [19:53] | A man can only stand over his putt so long | 常在高尔夫球场上混 |
| [19:55] | before he gets the shakes. | 哪会不手抖 |
| [19:56] | Yeah, just one more reason I never much cared for that game. | 是啊 这是另一个我不喜欢高尔夫的原因 |
| [20:00] | Try playing on a regular basis. You’d hate it even more. | 试着常玩 你会更讨厌它的 |
| [20:03] | Should I go watch paint dry | 你想着下一步该怎么走 |
| [20:04] | while you figure out what you’dikto do here, Nathan? | 我去盯着油漆变干如何 内森 |
| [20:10] | You know, I forgot to ask, how’s Mrs. Harding? | 我忘记问了 哈丁夫人过得怎样 |
| [20:12] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
| [20:15] | – She’s fine. – Well, you know, I just figured | -她很好 -我只是在想 |
| [20:17] | she has to put up with you every single day, | 她每天都得忍受跟你一起生活的日子 |
| [20:19] | that woman needs looking after. | 她一定很需要人照顾 |
| [20:24] | Bogey, six o’clock. | 糟糕 你的六点钟方向来麻烦了 |
| [20:25] | General? | 将军 |
| [20:26] | Oh, shit. | 靠 |
| [20:30] | At ease. | 稍息 |
| [20:32] | General Valentine said you’d want to see this right away. | 瓦伦丁将军说你会想即刻知道这个消息 |
| [20:40] | Donald Keyhoe. | 唐纳德·科霍 |
| [20:42] | Who’s the other man? | 另一个人是谁 |
| [20:43] | A civilian. Rudy Pitts. | 一位平民 鲁迪·皮茨 |
| [20:45] | His uncle is the county sheriff of Lubbock, Texas, sir. | 长官 他叔叔是德州卢伯克县治安官 |
| [20:50] | Lubbock? | 卢伯克 |
| [20:50] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
| [20:53] | Yeah, I know. You got to go. | 我知道 你得走了 |
| [20:55] | We’ll finish this next time. | 我们下次接着下 |
| [20:56] | No, no, we won’t. | 不不 用不着 |
| [21:01] | – Checkmate. – Son of a bitch. | -将军 -我了个去 |
| [21:05] | Next time we go golfing. | 下次我们去打高尔夫 |
| [21:08] | Oh, I’m shaking. | 那我真是好怕怕 |
| [21:11] | Snow in Texas. | 得州也下雪 |
| [21:13] | What do you know? What are we doing here? | 真是无奇不有 我们到这来干什么 |
| [21:15] | This is where Fanshaw allegedly took his photograph. | 这就是范肖声称拍下照片的地方 |
| [21:18] | Gina says the, uh, lights were moving faster than a meteor. | 吉娜说 那道光的速度比流星还快 |
| [21:22] | Does the good professor honestly expects us to believe | 那个好好教授真的以为我们会相信 |
| [21:24] | that your basic plover could fly that fast? | 普通的珩科鸟能飞那么快吗 |
| [21:28] | You know, it doesn’t bother me if someone else gets credit. | 我不在乎是谁立了功 |
| [21:31] | Our job is to close the case. That’s all. | 我们的工作是结案 就这样 |
| [21:34] | Our job is to find the truth. | 我们的工作是找到真相 |
| [21:37] | Sometimes I think you’re trying to convince yourself | 有时候我在想你是在想办法说服你自己 |
| [21:39] | more than anybody else. | 而不是说服别人 |
| [21:44] | Like you know something I don’t. | 就好像你知道一些我不知道的事 |
| [21:50] | Hey. I know you. | 我认识你 |
| [21:52] | Leigh-Ann. | 利安 |
| [21:54] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
| [21:55] | I just picked up my friend Tammy. | 我来接我的朋友塔米 |
| [21:58] | We’re going to the homecoming party. | 我们要去参加返校舞会 |
| [22:00] | Want to come? There’s room for one more inside. | 你要来吗 我们还能坐下一个人 |
| [22:04] | I’m sorry, ma’am, no can do. | 抱歉 女士 不行 |
| [22:05] | Working late tonight. | 今晚要工作到很晚 |
| [22:08] | Top-secret mission, Captain? | 绝密任务吗 上尉 |
| [22:12] | Military protocol forbids me from giving a dect answer to that question. | 军事协议禁止我对这个问题做出直接回答 |
| [22:18] | You’re cute. Maybe next time. | 你真有意思 下次吧 |
| [22:55] | Are plovers even nocturnal? | 珩科鸟是夜行动物吗 |
| [22:57] | Wouldn’t they be sleeping right now? | 难道它们现在不该在睡觉吗 |
| [23:08] | What the hell you doing out here? | 你们在那干什么 |
| [23:10] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
| [23:11] | I said, what are you doing? | 我说 你们在干什么 |
| [23:13] | Just taking pictures, Mister. | 只是在拍照 先生 |
| [23:15] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么可担心的 |
| [23:17] | Hey, I were you, I’d put that bat backhere it belongs. | 我是你的话 我就把球棒放回去 |
| [23:20] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
| [23:21] | Dr. Allen Hynek. | 我是艾伦·海尼克博士 |
| [23:22] | This is Captain Quinn. | 这是奎恩上尉 |
| [23:24] | We work for the United States Air Force. | 我们为美国空军办事 |
| [23:26] | You got any I.D.? | 你们带身份证明了吗 |
| [23:28] | I don’t carry identification. | 我不带身份证明 |
| [23:30] | Big surprise. | 真意外 |
| [23:32] | He’s another one, I bet. | 我肯定他是另一个 |
| [23:33] | Another one? What do you mean? | 另一个 什么意思 |
| [23:35] | We had other men out here just last week doing like you are. | 上周有人跟你们一样在这里拍照 |
| [23:38] | Right before the spaceships came. | 就在飞船来之前 |
| [23:40] | Other men? | 其他人 |
| [23:42] | Who were they? | 他们是谁 |
| [23:43] | They scrammed before we could ask. | 在我们问之前他们就溜走了 |
| [23:46] | Commies probably. | 也许是共产党员 |
| [23:47] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
| [23:49] | You look like a Commie to me. | 我看你就像共产党员 |
| [23:55] | I worry about the bat. | 我不太喜欢那球棒 |
| [23:57] | Mary, call the police. | 玛丽 叫警察 |
| [23:58] | Yeah, I’m gonna need your camera. | 把照相机给我 |
| [24:00] | We are duly enfranchised representatives of the United States government. | 我们是正式授权的美国政府代表人员 |
| [24:04] | Everyone, go back to your homes. | 所有人都回自己家去 |
| [24:06] | There’s nothing to see here. | 这没什么好看的 |
| [24:14] | They’re coming back. | 它们回来了 |
| [24:15] | The flying saucers are coming back. | 飞碟飞回来了 |
| [24:18] | They’re coming back! | 它们回来了 |
| [24:33] | So now what? | 现在怎么着 |
| [24:34] | Wait for flying saucers to show up? | 等着飞碟现身 |
| [24:40] | Based on our witness reports, this is the place. | 根据目击者的报告 事发地就是这里 |
| [25:33] | I surrender. | 我投降 |
| [25:36] | I’m sorry, I’ve just been so on edge. | 对不起 我最近太紧张了 |
| [25:40] | I bought a bomb shelter today. | 我今天买了一个防空洞 |
| [25:45] | Hardware store’s delivering it in the morning. | 五金商店明早就会来送货 |
| [25:48] | Build it yourself. | 自己搭建 |
| [25:50] | What on earth made you do that? | 你到底为什么要这样呢 |
| [25:54] | Allen’s gone more and more | 艾伦出差越来越频繁 |
| [25:56] | and Joel’s been having trouble sleeping, | 乔尔最近睡不好觉 |
| [25:59] | and with all this talk about Russians and the atomic bomb… | 还有这些关于俄国 原子弹的议论 |
| [26:05] | I don’t think there’s anything wrong with | 我觉得尽力做些让自己 |
| [26:08] | doing what you can to feel safe. | 感觉安全的事情没什么错 |
| [26:12] | Thank you for my flowers. | 谢谢你的花 |
| [26:16] | I owe you an apology. | 我应该跟你道歉 |
| [26:19] | For what? | 为什么 |
| [26:20] | The beatnik club. | 那个垮掉的一代俱乐部 |
| [26:22] | I shouldn’t have taken you there. | 我不应该带你去那里 |
| [26:24] | No, it was my idea. | 不 那是我的主意 |
| [26:25] | It wasn’t your fault at all. | 完全不是你的错 |
| [26:28] | I should be apologizing. | 我才应该道歉呢 |
| [26:31] | I ran out on you. | 我把你扔下走了 |
| [26:35] | You sure it wasn’t something I did? | 你确定不是因为我做了什么 |
| [26:41] | Allen’s a professor at the local university, | 艾伦是本地大学的教授 |
| [26:43] | and I was worried that if someone saw me in a place like that. | 我有点担心如果有人在那种地方看见我 |
| [26:53] | I don’t have friends here. | 我在这里没什么朋友 |
| [26:57] | I was afraid that I lost you. | 我很害怕连你这个朋友都失去了 |
| [27:01] | You didn’t lose me. | 你没失去我 |
| [27:10] | Wow. Don’t see stars like that in the city. | 城里可看不到这样的星星 |
| [27:13] | How many would you guess that there are? | 你猜有多少颗星星 |
| [27:16] | Just in the Milky Way? | 仅仅是银河系里 |
| [27:19] | I don’t know. A million, two? | 我不知道 一百万颗 两百万 |
| [27:21] | 100 billion. | 一千亿颗 |
| [27:24] | And every one of them has a story to tell us. | 每一颗都有自己的故事 |
| [27:30] | You like stories. | 你喜欢故事 |
| [27:32] | I’ve dedicated my life to them. | 我把一生都贡献给它们了 |
| [27:37] | Well, how’s this one? | 那这个怎么样 |
| [27:39] | Professor Dipstick tells us it’s birds | 傻蛋教授跟我们说是鸟 |
| [27:42] | and you think that’s crap, | 你认为是胡扯淡 |
| [27:43] | so we drive out to Hollister Street | 于是我们开车去了霍利斯特街 |
| [27:45] | where the neighbors greet us with pitchforks and torches | 那里的住户们用干草叉和火把来欢迎我们 |
| [27:48] | till someone shouts, “Spaceship,” | 直到有人喊”飞船”才解了围 |
| [27:50] | then we drive out to the middle of nowhere, | 再后来我们开到这荒郊野外 |
| [27:52] | we look up at stars, | 抬头看着星星 |
| [27:53] | 100 billion of them, it turns out, | 说是有一千亿颗呢 |
| [27:55] | until we realize spaceships never showed up. | 我们这才意识到宇宙飞船压根没出现过 |
| [27:59] | The end. | 故事讲完了 |
| [28:01] | That’s not a story. | 这不是个故事 |
| [28:03] | That’s a-a wild goose chase. | 这是捕风捉影 |
| [28:06] | Yes, it is. | 就是 |
| [28:13] | I’ll bet I know what you’re thinking. | 我打赌知道你在想什么 |
| [28:15] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的 -真的 |
| [28:16] | You wish you were at that homecoming party with, uh… | 你希望此刻你是在返校舞会和 |
| [28:20] | – Leigh-Ann. – Yeah. | -利安一起 -对 |
| [28:24] | You blame me? | 这有错吗 |
| [28:25] | I do remember what it feels like. | 我还记得那感觉 |
| [28:28] | Pretty girl, a party. | 漂亮女孩 派对 |
| [28:37] | So are we done here? | 那我们可以结束了吗 |
| [28:40] | I’ll drop you at the dorm. | 我送你到宿舍门口 |
| [28:44] | Roger that. | 收到 |
| [28:45] | Just, uh, give me a minute. | 等我一分钟 |
| [28:46] | All right. | 好的 |
| [29:09] | *I race automobiles* | *我开飞车* |
| [29:13] | *And I’m a farmer* | *而我是个农民* |
| [29:36] | Get away from the car! | 离车远点 |
| [29:37] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
| [30:09] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么玩意 |
| [30:17] | So the power did go out again? | 昨晚电力确实又中断了 |
| [30:20] | Five years working here, this never happened once. | 我在这工作五年了 之前一次都没遇到过 |
| [30:23] | Now it’s twice in one week. | 这一周就出现两次 |
| [30:26] | Anything on the screen? | 屏幕上看见什么了吗 |
| [30:27] | Same thing as the whole town saw, V-shaped lights. | 跟全镇看见的一样 V形光带 |
| [30:30] | I logged its path. | 我记录了它的轨迹 |
| [30:37] | Gas station, | 加油站 |
| [30:40] | Baroody Farm, | 巴鲁迪农场 |
| [30:45] | the Lumber Yard, | 木材场 |
| [30:47] | and the airport. | 还有飞机场 |
| [30:52] | Okay, based on our records, | 根据我们的记录 |
| [30:55] | blue lights were… | 蓝光出现在 |
| [30:58] | here… | 这里 |
| [31:03] | here, and… | 这里 还有 |
| [31:10] | here. | 这里 |
| [31:17] | Give us a moment, will you? | 让我们单独待会儿吧 |
| [31:30] | Rolling blackout match the flight path on the radar. | 反复停电的地方和雷达上飞行路线相匹配 |
| [31:35] | What happened in the car last night? | 昨晚车里发生了什么 |
| [31:37] | I don’t even know where to start. | 我都不知道该从何说起 |
| [31:38] | The V-shaped ftion blue lights, | V形飞行物掠过发出蓝光 |
| [31:42] | I saw them with my own eyes. | 我亲眼所见 |
| [31:43] | We both did. | 我俩都看见了 |
| [31:48] | West Virginia, recon. | 西佛吉尼亚州的侦察兵 |
| [31:51] | Pilot in North Dakota, aerial engagement. | 北达科他州参加空战的飞行员 |
| [31:52] | Last night, ground assault. | 昨晚的地面突袭 |
| [31:55] | Maybe Joe-3 isn’t the only thing the Russians are testing. | 或许俄罗斯人不仅在测试斯大林三号原子弹 |
| [31:58] | Or maybe it’s not the Russians. | 又或许与俄罗斯人无关 |
| [32:10] | Going down to 215 West 57th. | 去57西街的215号 |
| [32:12] | Come with us, please. | 请跟我们来 |
| [32:14] | Hey, get your hands off me. | 放开我 |
| [32:16] | Just relax. | 放松点 |
| [32:26] | I don’t know who you think you are | 我不知道你以为自己是谁 |
| [32:28] | or what you’re doing, | 以及要做什么 |
| [32:30] | but I’m a member in good standing of the fourth estate | 但我在新闻界有着良好信誉 |
| [32:32] | answering to no one… | 不必听从任何人差使 |
| [32:35] | You were saying? | 你说什么 |
| [32:38] | Now, you listen. | 现在给我听好了 |
| [32:39] | The next article you write for true magazine or anybody else, | 你为任何杂志或个人写的下一篇文章 |
| [32:43] | we’re gonna read it first. | 都要先给我们过目 |
| [32:46] | As a matter of fact, from now on, | 事实上 从现在起 |
| [32:49] | you’re gonna write the stories we want you to write. | 你要按我们的意思写故事 |
| [32:53] | That’s who I am. | 我就是做这个的 |
| [33:02] | You’re so good at this. | 你真擅长这个 |
| [33:05] | Where’d you learn carpentry? | 你在哪里学的木匠活 |
| [33:07] | My father always wanted a son. | 我父亲一直想要一个儿子 |
| [33:10] | I never volunteered, | 我从未自告奋勇 |
| [33:11] | but he made sure I knew how to swing a hammer. | 但他执意让我学会怎么使用榔头 |
| [33:18] | It’s him. | 就是他 |
| [33:25] | The man from the hardware store. | 五金店里的那个男人 |
| [33:37] | Do you see him? | 你看见他了吗 |
| [33:47] | Come on. He’s gone now, whoever he was. | 走吧 他离开了 不管他是谁 |
| [34:01] | Well, the Giants beat everybody but Cleveland. | 巨人队横扫千军 除了克里夫兰骑士队 |
| [34:03] | I mean, you got Otto Graham as your quarterback, | 你有奥托·格雷汉姆打四分卫 |
| [34:04] | it’s kind of a one-sided thing. | 双方有点实力悬殊 |
| [34:06] | The guy’s a — he’s… | 这个家伙就是 他 |
| [34:08] | Uh, hold on. | 等等 |
| [34:09] | What? | 什么事 |
| [34:12] | Aw, shit. | 糟糕 |
| [34:14] | Mr. Secretary. | 国务卿先生 |
| [34:16] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
| [34:17] | Well, that’s a pretty long list there, William. | 那要列一个很长的清单了 威廉 |
| [34:19] | You want to be a little more specific? | 你要不问具体一点吧 |
| [34:20] | Keyhoe. The writer. | 科霍 那个作家 |
| [34:23] | You authorized men to intimidate and terrify a journalist? | 你派人去威胁恐吓一个记者吗 |
| [34:27] | He’s a former Marine. | 他以前是个海军 |
| [34:29] | Keyhoe’s a hack. We’re not even sure he’s a — | 科霍是个冒牌货 我们都不确定他是不是 |
| [34:30] | He’s an American citizen! | 他是美国公民 |
| [34:32] | In my eyes that’s more than enough. | 我认为这太过分了 |
| [34:35] | I’m warning you, both of you, | 我警告你们两个 |
| [34:38] | I will not tolerate lawless enterprise. | 我绝不容忍无法无天的活动 |
| [34:41] | You fix it, now. | 立刻解决好 |
| [34:43] | Do you understand me? | 你听懂了吗 |
| [34:46] | Loud and clear. | 一清二楚 |
| [34:51] | Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing here. | 别以为我不知道你们在这做什么 |
| [34:54] | What am I doing here, Bill? | 我在这里做什么 比尔 |
| [34:57] | Try again and I will marching into the Oval Office | 再耍这种把戏 我就去总统办公室 |
| [35:01] | and tell the President all of your secrets. | 告诉总统你们所有的秘密 |
| [35:06] | What do you think Truman will do when he hears them? | 你觉得杜鲁门听到这些后会怎么做 |
| [35:22] | You could have tried it my way first. | 你该用我的方法先试试 |
| [35:24] | Oh, come on, do I look worried? | 算了吧 我看起来很担心吗 |
| [35:27] | I’ll change that. | 我能让你开始担心 |
| [35:29] | I just heard from Captain Quinn. | 我刚收到奎恩上尉的消息 |
| [35:31] | He and Hynek swear they have conclusive evidence | 他和海尼克笃定他们掌握了 |
| [35:34] | about an unidentified flying object. | 不明飞行物的决定性证据 |
| [35:45] | Gentlemen, what we’re about to show you you never saw. | 各位 我们要给你们展示的东西其实不存在 |
| [35:50] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
| [35:51] | This is so far above your need-to-know, | 这远远超过了你们需要知道的范围 |
| [35:53] | it might as well be on the moon. | 比地球和月亮之间的距离还远 |
| [35:58] | What you found in Texas — | 你们在得州发现的一切 |
| [35:59] | the lights, the radar reports all of it — | 包括光和雷达报告等这一切 |
| [36:03] | was not an udentified flying object. | 并不是不明飞行物 |
| [36:07] | was one of ours out of Randolph Air Force Base. | 而是属于我们的兰道夫空军基地的飞机 |
| [36:10] | It’s a top-secret military craft, | 那是一架绝密军用飞行器 |
| [36:13] | unofficially known as the V-Wing. | 非正式名称为V翼机 |
| [36:16] | It’s experimental and highly classified. | 它是高度机密的实验性飞机 |
| [36:19] | That’s your UFO. | 那才是你发现的不明飞行物 |
| [36:25] | We need you to keep it out of the public eye. | 我们需要你来让它远离公众的视线 |
| [36:27] | A cover story. | 一个借口 |
| [36:28] | Birds, for example — that’s alausible explanation. | 比如说鸟类 这个解释就挺有说服力 |
| [36:32] | Now just wait one minute. | 等一下 |
| [36:33] | Uh, what about the power outages? | 怎么解释停电 |
| [36:36] | What kind of experimental craft could possibly cause that? | 什么样的试用飞行器才可能导致这种情况 |
| [36:43] | Captain, you want to tell them about what happened? | 上尉 你愿意告诉他们发生了什么吗 |
| [36:48] | Professor, did you just call me a liar? | 教授 你刚刚说我是骗子吗 |
| [36:53] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
| [36:54] | Boys, we’re all on the same team here. | 各位 我们都是一伙的 |
| [36:57] | And we all have the same job to do, for America. | 而且我们的使命相同 为了美国 |
| [37:04] | Keep it out of the public eye. Roger that. | 让它远离公众的视线 明白 |
| [37:08] | Thank you, Captain. | 谢谢你 上尉 |
| [37:13] | We’ll send an escort to get you back. | 到时我们会派人接你回来 |
| [37:29] | Top-secret military craft? | 绝密军用飞行器 |
| [37:32] | That is the cover story. | 用这个做借口 |
| [37:33] | You, of all people, should know that there is no way that | 你应该最明白 我们所目击的一切 |
| [37:35] | that is a plausible explanation for what we witnessed. | 根本不能用什么军用飞行器来解释 |
| [37:37] | You got to be the dumbest smart person I’ve ever met. | 你真是我见过的最蠢的聪明人了 |
| [38:01] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
| [38:08] | – Dad! – Hey. How you doing? | -爸爸 -你好吗 |
| [38:11] | Mom put new locks on the doors. | 妈妈给门装了新锁 |
| [38:12] | Yes, I noticed. | 嗯 我发现了 |
| [38:20] | Why don’t you go and wash up? | 你去洗洗手吧 |
| [38:22] | Sure. | 好 |
| [38:31] | Dead bolts on the doors? | 在门上装了插销 |
| [38:35] | What’s going on here, Mimi? | 出什么事了 米米 |
| [38:39] | Someone’s been following me. | 有人跟踪我 |
| [38:41] | What? | 什么 |
| [38:42] | There was a man at the hardware store | 我在五金店遇到了一个人 |
| [38:44] | and then I saw him again at the end of the driveway, watching. | 然后我在车道尽头看到了他 监视着我 |
| [38:47] | What did he look like? | 他长什么样 |
| [38:48] | I don’t know. I didn’t get a really good look at him. | 不知道 我没看清楚 |
| [38:50] | Fedora hat? Trench coat? | 戴着软呢帽 穿着风衣 |
| [38:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
| [38:56] | You’re scaring me. | 你吓到我了 |
| [38:57] | I’m sorry. I’m just, uh, upset. | 抱歉 我只是有些心烦 |
| [39:05] | I don’t think you need to worry. | 我觉得你没必要担心 |
| [39:06] | But I do worry. | 但我很担心 |
| [39:08] | You’re gone for most of the time and it’s just me and Joel now, | 大多数时间你都不在 只有我和乔尔 |
| [39:11] | and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making sure — | 我认为确保我们的安全没什么不妥 |
| [39:17] | Joel. | 乔尔 |
| [39:20] | Want to show Dad our big surprise? | 想让爸爸看看我们准备的惊喜吗 |
| [39:22] | Okay. Come on. | 好的 来吧 |
| [39:30] | He’s been waiting all day. | 他都等了一整天了 |
| [39:43] | It’s like having a fort in the backyard. | 就像在后院建了个堡垒一样 |
| [39:49] | You built this all by yourself? | 你自己一个人建的吗 |
| [39:53] | My friend Susie helped me. | 我朋友苏西帮了我 |
| [39:57] | We made soup. Do you want some, Dad? | 我们做了汤 你想喝点吗 爸爸 |
| [40:02] | The way the world is, | 世界就是这样 |
| [40:05] | everyday it’s something bad. | 每天都有坏事发生 |
| [40:10] | I can’t just wait for things to get better, | 我不能干等着事态好转 |
| [40:14] | so I built a bomb shelter. | 所以我搭了一个防空洞 |
| [40:21] | I wonder if we need special anti-radiation suits. | 我在想我们是不是需要特殊的防辐射服 |
| [40:24] | That’d be neat. | 那样就太好了 |
| [40:26] | Well, I’ll tell you what, I will look into it first thing. | 这样吧 我明天一早就去找找看 |
| [40:36] | Now here is Edward R. Murrow. | 我是爱德华·R·门罗 |
| [40:39] | This is the news. | 这里是新闻直播间 |
| [40:41] | The President says if we are forced to do full-scale fighting in Korea, | 总统宣称 如果我们被迫在朝鲜发动全面战争 |
| [40:45] | the enemy will find out that we are stronger than ever. | 敌军会发现我们比以往任何时候都强大 |
| [40:49] | He told reporters today that he is backing General Ridgeway | 今天他在停战谈判中告诉记者 |
| [40:52] | 100% in the armistice talks. | 他将全力支持里奇威将军 |
| [40:55] | The was no word from the enemy today on General Ridgeway’s proposal | 对于里奇威将军继续开展会议的提议 |
| [40:58] | to get the conferences going again. | 敌军还未发表任何回应 |
| [41:00] | A United Nations broadcast says the resumption of the — | 联合国的广播宣称要重新开始… |
| [41:46] | 反复断电 雷达协调 受压金属 | |
| [41:53] | You want to tell me what’s on your mind? | 你愿意告诉我你现在在想什么吗 |
| [41:56] | Hynek. | 海尼克 |
| [41:57] | The professor? | 那个教授 |
| [42:00] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
| [42:04] | I’m wondering if Professor Hynek will one day | 我在想海尼克教授以后会不会 |
| [42:06] | be a problem that needs solving. | 变成我们需要解决的麻烦 |
| [42:18] | 结论 可能是政府掩盖事实 | |
| [42:41] | 6, 5, 3, 5, 9. | 六 五 三 五 九 |