时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Hello! – Hi, Dick. | -大家好 -迪克 |
[00:03] | I brought home a pizza. | 我带回来一份披萨 |
[00:06] | Hey, Dick, how was your day? | 迪克 你今天过的怎么样 |
[00:07] | Sally, what are you doing here? | 莎莉 你在这儿干什么 |
[00:08] | I thought you were supposed to be out | 我以为你要出去 |
[00:10] | investigating your chemical attraction to Mr. Randell. | 研究你对兰登老师的化学吸引 |
[00:13] | We had a date, but he had to cancel. | 我们本来有约 但是他临时取消了 |
[00:15] | – His mother came in town. – So? | -她母亲来了 -那又如何 |
[00:16] | I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[00:17] | he said he wanted to break me to her gently. | 他说会把我慢慢地暴露在她面前 |
[00:20] | Dick, aren’t you going to ask me how my day went? | 迪克 你不问问我今天过的怎样吗 |
[00:23] | Good work, Harry. Well-Done. | 干得好 哈里 干得漂亮 |
[00:24] | Sally, | 莎莉 |
[00:26] | just because you haven’t been invited somewhere | 就因为你没有受到邀请 |
[00:29] | is no reason not to go. | 并不代表着你不能去啊 |
[00:31] | Your next assignment is to meet this mother | 你的下一个任务是会会这个母亲 |
[00:33] | and study her maternal power. | 研究她的母性力量 |
[00:35] | I could seduce her if you like. | 需要的话 我可以勾引她 |
[00:39] | Uh, no, Harry. | 算了 哈里 |
[00:40] | Tommy, have you infiltrated the glee club yet? | 汤米 你渗入到合唱团了吗 |
[00:42] | Yeah, they’re very happy. | 是的 他们很开心 |
[00:45] | – End of report. – Good work, Tommy. | -报告完毕 -干得好 汤米 |
[00:48] | – Hey, what about me? – Well, what about you? | -那我呢 -你怎么了 |
[00:50] | That’s my point. I mean, you’re the high commander, | 这就是我的意思啊 你是总指挥官 |
[00:53] | and she’s in charge of security. | 她负责安全工作 |
[00:54] | He’s the information officer. | 他是信息官 |
[00:56] | – What am I? – Well, you’re… | -我是什么 -这个嘛 你是… |
[00:59] | you’re Harry. | 你是哈里 |
[01:01] | Oh, sure, I got the fancy title, | 当然 高端的头衔都给我 |
[01:05] | – but what do I do? What am I good at? -Uh… | -但是我该做什么 我擅长什么 -呃… |
[01:08] | – You– you paint. – Oh, yeah, I like painting. | -你画画 -是啊 我喜欢画画 |
[01:12] | Painting, yes. Great. Go, paint. | 绘画 是的 太棒了 去画吧 |
[01:15] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[01:16] | Off to my painting. Just yell if you need me. | 我去画画了 有事就喊我 |
[01:18] | Sure, whatever. | 好的 随便啦 |
[01:20] | Oh, Dick, they screwed it up again! | 迪克 他们又把披萨做坏了 |
[01:23] | – Oh, man! – Oh, damn! | -天啊 -该死 |
[01:59] | What’s this, Tommy? | 这是什么 汤米 |
[02:00] | “Star Wars.” It’s a movie. | 《星球大战》 是部电影 |
[02:02] | – What’s all that supposed to be? – Outer space. | -讲什么的 -外太空 |
[02:04] | Can you believe it? | 看人家多会掰 |
[02:08] | If outer space was that happening, | 如果外太空是这个样子 |
[02:10] | I never would have left. | 我就根本不会离开了 |
[02:12] | Tommy, I’m almost ready. | 汤米 我快准备好了 |
[02:14] | Whoa! Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[02:16] | – I’m taking Tommy to school. – Oh. | -我送汤米上学啊 -哦 |
[02:18] | Be sure to talk to that Mr. Randell. | 记得要跟兰登老师谈谈 |
[02:20] | Oh, will he be there? | 他会在那吗 |
[02:22] | Gosh, I hope I don’t distract him. | 天啊 希望我不会让他分心 |
[02:27] | You are in big trouble, and big, big trouble. | 你闯了非常大 非常大的祸 |
[02:30] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[02:31] | He was painting something awful on the side of the house. | 他在屋子的侧面画些非常恶心的东西 |
[02:33] | A post-impressionist urban mural. | 后印象派城市壁画 |
[02:35] | I was given full permission. Tell her, Dick. | 我得到了完全的授权 告诉她 迪克 |
[02:38] | Well, I promise you, Mrs. Dubcek, | 我向你保证 杜布切克太太 |
[02:39] | Harry will not go unpunished. | 哈里会受到应有的惩罚 |
[02:41] | He will sit in his room and think about what he did | 他会坐在自己屋里 好好想想干了些什么 |
[02:43] | while you repaint your house. | 而你则要重新粉刷自己的房子 |
[02:46] | Idle hands do the devil’s work. When I was a young girl– | 游手好闲的人专门不干好事 我年轻的时候 |
[02:49] | The glacier receded, creating the great lakes. | 冰川融化 形成了湖泊 |
[02:52] | I’m sure it was incredible. Bye-bye, now. | 我敢肯定那很奇妙 再见 |
[02:54] | Good-bye. Bye-bye, now. Good-bye. | 回见 拜拜 不送了 |
[02:57] | Well, thanks a lot, Dick. | 多谢你了 迪克 |
[03:00] | You tell me to paint, | 你让我去画画 |
[03:01] | and then you hang me out to dry like a shirt, | 然后又把我像衬衫一样挂在外边晾干 |
[03:05] | a wet shirt. | 湿的衬衫 |
[03:08] | A wet shirt that needs drying. | 需要被晾干的湿衬衫 |
[03:13] | Why is Harry so upset all of a sudden? Is he mad at me? | 为什么哈里突然这么沮丧 他生我气了吗 |
[03:16] | No. He just feels left out. | 不 他就是感觉被忽略了 |
[03:19] | He’s searching for his identity, | 他在寻找自己的认知感 |
[03:20] | so he’s acting up to get your attention. | 所以他通过捣乱来引起你的注意 |
[03:22] | How do you know all this? | 你怎么知道的 |
[03:24] | I see it with sophomores all the time. | 高二学生都这样儿 |
[03:26] | What he needs now is an authority figure. | 他需要的是一个权威的榜样 |
[03:28] | He’s got an authority figure. I’m the high commander. | 我这总指挥官就是他权威的榜样啊 |
[03:31] | – No, I mean a parent. – Yes. | -不 我是说父母 -是啊 |
[03:33] | Mr. Randell has a mother, and he turned out dreamy. | 兰登老师有母亲 他出落的多迷人啊 |
[03:37] | Of course… Harry needs a father. | 对啊 哈里需要一个父亲 |
[03:40] | I should have seen it. | 我应该早点看出来的 |
[03:42] | Well, I can fill those shoes. | 我完全可以胜任这个角色 |
[03:45] | I’m pretending to be your father. | 我正扮作是你的父亲 |
[03:47] | Of course, I may have to neglect you for awhile. | 当然 接下来恐怕得忽略你一段时间了 |
[03:49] | I know. I don’t mind. You’re a terrible father, anyway. | 明白 没问题 反正你是个糟糕的父亲 |
[03:53] | Well, you’re a lousy son. | 你这个儿子才差劲呢 |
[03:55] | I’m old and set in my ways. | 我老大不小都定型了 |
[03:57] | It’s going to be different with my second son. | 我和第二个儿子的关系将大有改观 |
[04:02] | – I’m going to be a terrific father to Harry. – Oh, sure. | -我要做哈里的好爸爸 -当然 |
[04:05] | And I’m going to start off | 父子关系 |
[04:06] | by being completely honest with him. | 从完全坦诚开始 |
[04:08] | – What do you mean, honest? – I’m going to tell him | -你想怎么坦诚 -我要告诉他 |
[04:10] | about that thing that they put in his head. | 他脑袋里被放进的那个东西的事 |
[04:13] | – Oh, no, no. – You can’t tell him about the thing. | -不不 -你不能告诉他那东西的事 |
[04:15] | Telling him about the thing would be a bad thing. | 告诉他那东西的事是件坏事 |
[04:19] | Shh! Ix-nay on the thing-thay. | 嘘 别提那东西 |
[04:22] | Uh, Harry, I’ve made a decision. | 哈里 我做了一个决定 |
[04:25] | From now on, | 从现在起 |
[04:27] | I don’t want you to think of me as your commander. | 我不希望你视我为总指挥官 |
[04:29] | I want you to think of me as a father, | 我希望你把我当作你的父亲 |
[04:32] | a father who outranks you. | 官职比你高的父亲 |
[04:35] | – Well, a father? Why? – Guidance, emotional support. | -父亲 为什么 -给你指引和情感上的支持 |
[04:39] | I’ll be there for you. | 我会伴你左右 |
[04:41] | I’ll be the wind beneath your sheets. | 我愿做你床单下的凉风 |
[04:45] | Harry, you need anything at all, you come to me. | 哈里 有任何要求尽管向我提 |
[04:48] | Well, okay. Can I borrow the car? | 好吧 我能用你的车吗 |
[04:51] | – No. – Can I have some cash? | -不行 -能给我零花钱吗 |
[04:53] | – No. – Can I bring a woman to my room? | -不行 -我能带女人回家吗 |
[04:56] | – Never happen. – Sure. | -反正也不可能 -当然可以 |
[05:02] | Oh, well, thanks, commander. | 谢了 总指挥官 |
[05:04] | I mean, Dick– dad. | 我是说 迪克 爸爸 |
[05:07] | Father Dick. | 迪克父亲 |
[05:15] | Hostilities didn’t begin to escalate | 直到南方军队攻打萨姆特堡 |
[05:18] | until the confederate troops attacked fort Sumter. | 敌对才逐步升级 |
[05:23] | And four years later, the war is pretty much over. | 四年后 内战基本就结束了 |
[05:28] | – Mr. Randell. – Sally. | -兰登老师 -莎莉 |
[05:34] | – Hey, Solomon. – What? | -所罗门 -干什么 |
[05:36] | Are Randell and your aunt like, uh, you know? | 兰登和你姑姑有没有… 你知道的 |
[05:40] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[05:41] | why don’t you raise your hand and ask, you mook? | 你怎么不举手问问 你个呆子 |
[05:45] | So, did you want to talk to me about Tommy? | 你想跟我谈谈汤米吗 |
[05:48] | – No. Tommy’s doing fine. – Oh. | -不用 汤米表现很好 -哦 |
[05:51] | Well, then, since I’m here, | 既然我都来了 |
[05:53] | can I meet your mother? | 我能见见你的母亲吗 |
[05:56] | I don’t know that you’re ready to meet my mother. | 没想到你居然想见我母亲 |
[05:58] | We could have dinner, the three of us. | 我们三个人可以一起吃晚饭 |
[05:59] | – You don’t think it’s a little early? – No. | -你不认为见家长有点早吗 -不会啊 |
[06:01] | I think breakfast would be early. Dinner’s fine. | 我认为早饭的话有点早 晚饭挺好 |
[06:05] | I don’t know, Sally. | 我不确定 莎莉 |
[06:07] | She’s not an easy person to get to know. | 她不是很好相处的人 |
[06:10] | She’s extremely protective, and she never thinks | 她很护着我 她认为 |
[06:12] | anyone or any thing is good enough for me. | 没有人或是东西配得上我 |
[06:14] | I think she’s really going to like me… | 我认为她会喜欢我的 |
[06:17] | a lot. | 很喜欢 |
[06:20] | Hey, bye, Tommy. | 拜拜 汤米 |
[06:27] | …which can be directly applied | …可以直接适用于 |
[06:29] | to Newton’s second law of motion | 牛顿第二运动定律 |
[06:33] | which, for personal reasons, is my favorite. | 由于个人原因 是我的最爱 |
[06:37] | Isaac Newton, of course, has been called | 艾萨克·牛顿 理所当然地被称为 |
[06:40] | the father of modern physics, | 现代物理学之父 |
[06:42] | which brings me to another question. | 这使我想到另一个问题 |
[06:43] | How many of you have fathers? | 你们谁有父亲 |
[06:45] | Show of hands. Anyone? Fathers? | 举手 谁有父亲 |
[06:48] | Everyone has fathers. Good. | 每个人都有父亲 很好 |
[06:50] | So, who would like to relate some fatheresque experiences, | 那么 谁来分享下”父子心得” |
[06:54] | something very fathery? | 要父亲味浓郁的 |
[06:57] | Uh, okay, well, | 好吧 我来 |
[06:58] | my father and I have this very special– | 我和父亲的感情很好 |
[07:01] | No, no, no, Caryn. Please. | 不不不 凯伦 得了 |
[07:03] | I’m only interested in father-son experiences. | 我只对父子关系感兴趣 |
[07:07] | – Bug? – My father? Very strict. | -小虫 -我父亲很严厉 |
[07:10] | It didn’t matter that I was the youngest. | 我是最小的孩子也不例外 |
[07:11] | When I’d act up, he’d give me his belt. | 我淘气的时候 他就用皮带教训我[给我皮带] |
[07:13] | You wore the same size? | 你们腰围一样吗 |
[07:17] | As punishment, he’d put me over his knee | 是惩罚我 他把我放在他膝盖上 |
[07:19] | and give me a whooping. | 抽我一顿 |
[07:19] | So he gave you a whooping and a belt? | 他既抽你又给你皮带 |
[07:23] | Uh, with a belt. | 用皮带抽 |
[07:24] | And then he gave you the belt? | 抽完再把皮带给你 |
[07:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:33] | Leon, did your dad ever give you a belt? | 里昂 你爸爸给过你皮带吗 |
[07:35] | No. No, my dad’s great. | 不 没有 我爸挺好的 |
[07:37] | Every August, we rent a cabin on lake Erie. | 每年八月 我们都在伊利湖租一个小屋 |
[07:40] | We pick up a case of tall boys, get faced, | 我们会买一箱罐装啤酒 喝得烂醉 |
[07:42] | and hit on the girls who rent the pontoon boats. | 然后调戏租浮筒船的姑娘 |
[07:48] | Tomorrow there will be a pop quiz | 明天会有突击小测验 |
[07:50] | on the effects of thermal dynamics. | 测验内容是热动力学 |
[07:52] | Remember, it’s a pop quiz. | 记住 是突击测验 |
[07:54] | If you study, I’ll know. | 如果你复习了 我会知道的 |
[08:00] | Harry! | 哈里 |
[08:02] | Son, look what I brought home for us. | 儿子 看我买什么回来了 |
[08:07] | It’s a six-pack of tall boys. | 这是六罐装啤酒 |
[08:09] | Let’s say we get faced and then I’ll give you my belt. | 咱们来喝个烂醉 我再把皮带给你 |
[08:16] | – Forget it, man. – What’s this? | -算了吧 伙计 -这是什么 |
[08:18] | I’m cutting out. I’m blowing this joint. | 我不混了 我要闪了 |
[08:22] | I’m taking some powder. | 我要离开 |
[08:24] | – You’re leaving? You can’t leave. – Face it, Dick. | -你要走 你不能走 -面对现实吧 迪克 |
[08:27] | I have no purpose here. | 我在这里没有意义 |
[08:29] | I’ll find you a purpose. | 我会帮你找到意义 |
[08:31] | I’ll set up a meeting for you with the campus job counselor. | 我帮你联系和大学就业指导老师见面 |
[08:35] | That’s your world, man, not mine. | 那是你的世界 老兄 不是我的 |
[08:38] | See, I’m rejecting all that “9-to-5, | 我拒绝那种”朝九晚五 |
[08:41] | make a living, become a success, | 谋生 成功 |
[08:43] | feel good about yourself” crap. | 自我感觉良好”的屁话 |
[08:45] | That’s a sucker’s game, man. | 那是衰人才干的事 老兄 |
[08:48] | Well, color me gone. | 我是走定了 |
[08:50] | But, Harry– wait. You’re part of the unit. | 但是哈里 等等 你是小队的成员 |
[08:54] | – We need you. – What do you need me for? | -我们需要你 -需要我干什么 |
[08:56] | Well, uh… because… we love you, | 呃… 因为我们爱你 |
[08:59] | and you’re important to the family, | 而且你是这个家的重要一员 |
[09:02] | and, uh… you’re so pretty. | 而且… 你那么英俊 |
[09:07] | Well, I may be pretty, but I know I’m not important. | 我也许比较英俊 但是我绝对不重要 |
[09:10] | No, Harry– | 不 哈里 |
[09:12] | you are important. You’re– | 你很重要 你… |
[09:16] | I wasn’t going to say this. | 我本来不想说这件事的 |
[09:18] | Harry, | 哈里 |
[09:20] | you’ve got a thing in your head. | 你脑袋里有个东西 |
[09:25] | A thing? | 一个东西 |
[09:28] | A cranial microreceiver chip. | 一个头部微型接收器芯片 |
[09:31] | – In my head? – Yes, | -在我脑袋里 -是的 |
[09:33] | but it’s not in the part you use. It’s in your brain. | 但是不在你能用到的部分 放在你大脑了 |
[09:42] | This is so exciting. | 好激动哦 |
[09:44] | I think it’s every little girl’s dream | 我认为每个小女孩的梦想 |
[09:45] | to meet her boyfriend’s mother. | 都是见男友的母亲 |
[09:48] | I always thought it was to get married. | 我一直以为那个梦想是结婚 |
[09:51] | Mr. Randell, it’s only been two dates. | 兰登老师 我们才约会了两次 |
[09:56] | When? | 什么时候结 |
[10:00] | – Hi, honey. – Mother. | -亲爱的 -母亲 |
[10:04] | Well, this is Sally. | 这位是莎莉 |
[10:06] | Mrs. Randell, it is such a pleasure to meet you. | 兰登太太 很高兴见到你 |
[10:08] | You sure squeezed out a winner, lady. | 你真是生出来一个好儿子 女士 |
[10:15] | – Why, thank you. – Why don’t we sit down? | -谢谢你 -我们还是坐下吧 |
[10:21] | Now, which Sally are you? | 你是哪个莎莉 |
[10:26] | – The only Sally. – I have to apologize. | -唯一的莎莉 -我要说声抱歉 |
[10:29] | It’s just that he’s so darn handsome. | 只是他太帅气了 |
[10:31] | He attracts so many women, | 他吸引了太多的女人 |
[10:33] | I tend to get you all confused. | 我总是搞混 |
[10:35] | Actually, mother, | 事实上 母亲 |
[10:36] | I was the one who was attracted to Sally. | 是我被莎莉吸引了 |
[10:38] | She has a beautiful smile. | 她有着迷人的笑容 |
[10:40] | Oh, absolutely. Are those caps? | 是啊 是烤瓷牙吗[帽子] |
[10:42] | Oh, no, they’re teeth. | 不 这是牙齿 |
[10:45] | They go all the way back. See? | 后面也都是 看见没 |
[10:50] | So I have a receiver chip in my brain. | 这么说我大脑里有一个接收芯片 |
[10:53] | And I have this, why? | 我为什么会有这个 |
[10:56] | Well, because | 因为 |
[10:58] | sometimes our supreme leader, | 有时候我们的最高领袖 |
[11:01] | the big giant head, | 大头伟哥 |
[11:03] | well, he needs to communicate with us, | 他需要和我们取得联系 |
[11:05] | and we picked you– you, Harry. | 我们选择了你 哈里 |
[11:08] | Without you, we can’t maintain contact with the home office. | 没了你 我们就无法与总部取得联系了 |
[11:11] | – Well… does Tommy know about this? – Yes. | -汤米知道这件事吗 -知道 |
[11:15] | – Does Sally know about this? – Yes. | -莎莉知道这事吗 -知道 |
[11:18] | Do you know about this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[11:23] | Look, I’m sorry, I should have told you sooner, | 听着 我很抱歉 我应该早点告诉你的 |
[11:26] | but isn’t it neat to find out new things about yourself? | 但是发现自己身体的新鲜事不是很开心吗 |
[11:31] | You have destroyed | 你毁了 |
[11:34] | my life! | 我的生活 |
[11:36] | – Harry, please. – Oh-hh, so it’s okay | -哈里 冷静 -这么说 我脑袋里 |
[11:39] | for me to have a thing in my head, | 有东西就没关系 |
[11:41] | but it’s not okay for me to know about it? | 但是我知道这件事就有关系了 |
[11:44] | And you call yourself a father. | 你还说你是一个父亲 |
[11:48] | I’m out of here. | 我走人了 |
[11:50] | Harry, you are not leaving! | 哈里 你不能走 |
[11:52] | You’re coming right back here! That’s an order. | 你给我回来 这是命令 |
[11:56] | You know, Dick, if you were my father, | 迪克 如果你是我的父亲 |
[11:58] | I would think that you would care enough about my feelings | 我觉得你会更关心我的感受 |
[12:01] | to just let me go. | 你会让我走的 |
[12:03] | You’re right. You need to sort this out for yourself. | 你说的对 你得自己去想明白这件事 |
[12:07] | Go. | 去吧 |
[12:08] | But as high commander, | 但是作为总指挥官 |
[12:10] | I must have access to that transmitter. | 我必须握有联络工具 |
[12:12] | Stay! | 留下 |
[12:14] | But I want you to have your own space. Go. | 可我想让你有自己的空间 去吧 |
[12:18] | But I can’t allow this breach of protocol. | 但是我不能允许这种破坏规定的事 |
[12:20] | I order you to stay! | 我命令你留下 |
[12:22] | Leave the nest. Fly. | 离开鸟巢吧 飞吧 |
[12:24] | I need your head. You come back here! | 我需要你的头 你给我回来 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry. Go. No, stay! | 对不起 去吧 不 留下 |
[12:30] | No, go! Stay! Go! | 不 去吧 留下 去吧 |
[12:32] | Stop! | 打住 |
[12:34] | You’re tearing me apart! | 你要把我弄精神分裂了 |
[12:50] | – Give me a beer. – What kind? | -给我来瓶啤酒 -哪种 |
[12:52] | The kind you drink. | 能喝的那种 |
[13:14] | Hi, I’m Margueritte. Who are you? | 你好 我是玛格莉特 你是谁 |
[13:18] | I don’t know who I am. | 我不知道我是谁 |
[13:20] | All I know is | 我只知道 |
[13:21] | I got something inside my head, | 我脑袋里有东西 |
[13:24] | something that could go off at any minute, | 某种随时都会触发的东西 |
[13:26] | some sort of answering machine | 某种答录机 |
[13:29] | with some cosmic message | 带有来自外太空某处 |
[13:31] | sent from somewhere out there | 从星系传来的 |
[13:33] | in the universe. | 宇宙的讯息 |
[13:35] | I’m an Aquarius. | 我是水瓶座 |
[13:39] | Hey, who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话 |
[13:42] | – I don’t know, some guy. – Was he hitting on you? | -不知道 男人呗 -他在勾引你吗 |
[13:45] | Why? You jealous? | 怎么 你嫉妒了吗 |
[13:47] | Hey, you talkin’ to my girl? | 你在跟我的妞儿说话吗 |
[13:49] | You don’t look old enough to be her father. | 你还没老到能当她父亲 |
[13:51] | What are you, | 你以为自己谁啊 |
[13:54] | a comedian? | 笑星吗 |
[13:56] | No, that would be Buddy Hackett. | 不 巴迪·哈克特才是 |
[13:59] | – You got wheels? – On my car. | -你有车吗[有轮子吗] -在我车上 |
[14:02] | Okay, you and me, pal. | 好的 哥们儿 咱俩单挑 |
[14:04] | Dead man’s curve. We’re gonna play a game of chicken. | 死亡弯道 咱们来漂移一把[小鸡的游戏] |
[14:06] | I’ll stop at the colonel’s! | 那我就在肯德基停 |
[14:14] | I wonder how he’s doing out there all by himself. | 我在想他一个人在外面过的怎么样 |
[14:17] | You know, if you’re a bad father, they leave. | 如果你是个糟糕的父亲 孩子会走 |
[14:20] | If you’re a good father, they leave. | 如果你是个好父亲 孩子也会走 |
[14:22] | A parent’s love is like a river. | 父爱就像一条河 |
[14:25] | No matter how deep or strong its current, | 不管水流有多深有多强 |
[14:27] | it’s always flowing towards a sea of separation. | 它总是会流向分别的海洋 |
[14:31] | Lighten up, Dick. | 高兴点 迪克 |
[14:33] | You’re going to give yourself a hallmark hernia. | 你这样会得疝气的 |
[14:37] | Hello. Yes? | 你好 是的 |
[14:40] | The police? You’ve got Harry? | 警局 哈里在你们那儿 |
[14:43] | He crashed the car…at dead man’s curve? | 他在死亡弯道撞车了 |
[14:46] | We’ll be right over. | 我们马上到 |
[14:47] | Tommy, something terrible has happened. | 汤米 发生了可怕的事 |
[14:48] | Harry crashed the car at dead man’s curve. | 哈里在死亡弯道撞车了 |
[14:51] | Why is the father always the last to know? | 为什么父亲总是最后一个知道 |
[14:57] | Okay, so we’ve left the dance, | 我们离开了舞会 |
[14:59] | – and we’re parked in your son’s car… – Sally– | -我们在你儿子的车里 -莎莉 |
[15:02] | and he can’t seem to undo the top hook. | 他似乎解不开胸罩的扣环 |
[15:04] | Sally, please don’t. | 莎莉 别说了 |
[15:07] | Oh, come on, it’s a cute story. | 没事 多有趣的故事啊 |
[15:09] | – Let her talk. – I ordered the salmon. What did you order? | -让她说 -我点了鲑鱼 你们呢 |
[15:12] | My, that’s an interesting dress you’re wearing. | 天啊 你穿的裙子真有趣 |
[15:15] | You like my dress? | 你喜欢吗 |
[15:16] | Good, ’cause I didn’t know if you’d be impressed | 太好了 因为我不知道非常自信的 |
[15:18] | by how confident I am to wear a dress like this. | 穿成这样 是否会给你留下好印象 |
[15:21] | Or maybe I should have gone with | 或许我应该 |
[15:22] | something a little more conservative, | 穿一些更为保守的衣服 |
[15:25] | as if to say “what’s underneath here | 就好像说”衣服下面的 |
[15:27] | is not for anybody but your son.” | 除了你儿子 别人碰不得” |
[15:31] | Well, I think that dress says it’s not just for my son, | 我想你这裙子在说”不仅仅是我儿子 |
[15:34] | it’s for the whole room. | 整屋的人都可以” |
[15:37] | Good. That’s a relief. | 太好了 我真是松了口气 |
[15:40] | Mother, if you want to control my life, | 母亲 如果你想控制我的生活 |
[15:42] | you could be more subtle about it. | 太直白可不太好 |
[15:43] | I don’t want to intrude, | 我可不想干涉你的生活 |
[15:46] | so if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪一下 |
[15:48] | I’m going to the ladies’ room. | 我要去洗手间了 |
[15:53] | I think she’s upset with you. I’m going to talk to her. | 我认为她生你气了 我去跟她谈谈 |
[15:55] | Sally, I don’t think it’s– | 莎莉 别去 |
[15:56] | Shh! I’m doing it for you. | 嘘 我是为了你 |
[16:05] | Frances, are you all right? | 弗朗西斯 你还好吗 |
[16:07] | Me? I’m fine, honey. It’s you I’m worried about. | 我吗 我很好 亲爱的 我反而是担心你 |
[16:10] | Me? | 担心我 |
[16:12] | Well, | 是这样 |
[16:14] | I’m afraid you’re just not my son’s type. | 恐怕你不适合我儿子 |
[16:17] | – What do you mean? – Now, don’t get me wrong. | -什么意思 -别误会 |
[16:20] | You’re really not half as cheap as you look. | 你肯定没有你穿的这么贱 |
[16:24] | I get it. You’re insulting me, aren’t you? | 我明白了 你在羞辱我 是吧 |
[16:28] | I have made such a huge mistake. | 我真是大错特错 |
[16:31] | I thought you were nice, but you’re not nice. | 我以为你很友善 但是并不是这样 |
[16:34] | – You hate me. – I am so glad we finally | -你讨厌我 -很高兴我们终于 |
[16:37] | – understand each other. – Me, too, Frances, | -达成了共识 -我也是 弗朗西斯 |
[16:40] | ’cause as long as I’m going to date your son, | 因为只要我还和你儿子约会 |
[16:42] | I don’t want any problems. | 就不想起冲突 |
[16:44] | Over my dead body. | 你休想[跨过我的尸体] |
[16:47] | Doable. | 遵命 |
[16:52] | If you’re going to throw a punch, | 你要是挥拳打人 |
[16:54] | try putting your weight into it, like this. | 要把身体的力量加上 像这样 |
[17:01] | Will the ladies be returning? | 二位女士还会回来吗 |
[17:06] | – One of them will. – Hai-yah! | -有一个会回来 -接招 |
[17:12] | I’m Dr. Solomon. Where’s my son, | 我是所罗门教授 我儿子在哪 |
[17:15] | my son Harry? | 哈里在哪 |
[17:16] | The good news is he’s alive. | 好消息是他还活着 |
[17:18] | Oh, thank god! | 谢天谢地 |
[17:20] | But I have to warn you, he don’t look so good. | 但是我要提醒你 他看起来不太好 |
[17:27] | That’s what he always looks like. | 他一直就这样 |
[17:31] | – Harry! – Oh, Dick. | -哈里 -迪克 |
[17:34] | Harry, I’ve failed you. | 哈里 我让你失望了 |
[17:36] | If I’d been there for you when you needed me, | 如果我在你需要我的时候支持你 |
[17:38] | then you wouldn’t have run out of the house. | 你也就不会离家了 |
[17:40] | My god, you could have died. | 天啊 你差点就死了 |
[17:41] | Dick, I almost did die. | 迪克 我的确差点就死了 |
[17:44] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[17:46] | – It was the most amazing journey. – What do you mean? | -那是段美妙的旅程 -什么意思 |
[17:49] | I was leaving the colonel after picking up chicken– | 我在肯德基买完鸡后 |
[17:52] | Wait. Why a chicken? | 等等 为什么买鸡 |
[17:53] | Long story short, I have no idea. | 长话短说 我也不知道 |
[17:56] | So, I was on my way to the big race, | 我在去赛车的路上 |
[17:59] | and a paper bag blew across the road. | 这时一个纸袋飘到了路中央 |
[18:01] | I was afraid it was full of bunnies, so I swerved. | 我害怕里面都是兔子 就转方向了 |
[18:07] | And right as the car was flying into the ditch, | 就在车子要飞进沟里的时候 |
[18:10] | my whole life flashed before my eyes. | 我的一生在眼前划过 |
[18:16] | Harry, I don’t mean to be insensitive, | 哈里 别说我不了解你的感受 |
[18:19] | but what’s your point? | 你到底想说什么 |
[18:20] | Well, all I could think was, | 我当时唯一想到的就是 |
[18:23] | “I have a rage to live.” | “我要活下去” |
[18:26] | And then the car landed, and I said, | 车落地后 我说 |
[18:28] | “Hey, world, I’m alive! | “世界 我还活着” |
[18:30] | And these pants are washable.” | “这条裤子能水洗”[尿裤子了吗] |
[18:37] | – That’s a beautiful story. – Thank you. | -真是个好故事 -谢谢 |
[18:40] | Oh, Dick, it doesn’t matter | 迪克 我是个脑袋里 |
[18:42] | that I’m an underling with a thing in my head. | 有东西的小喽啰 这没有关系 |
[18:45] | What matters most is life itself. | 真正有关系的是生活本身 |
[18:48] | And the greatest thing about life | 而生活中最棒的事 |
[18:50] | is not having a purpose. | 也不是有意义 |
[18:52] | It’s finding… a purpose. | 而是找寻意义的过程 |
[18:55] | Harry, | 哈里 |
[18:56] | you sound exactly like me. | 这些话完全是我的风格 |
[18:59] | Like fake father, like fake son. | 真是有其伪父必有其伪子 |
[19:03] | Dick, could we just drop the father thing | 迪克 咱们别再提父亲这事了 |
[19:05] | and go back to being fake brothers? | 我们还是做回假兄弟吧 |
[19:08] | – You don’t want me to be your dad anymore? – No. | -你不想我做你爸爸了吗 -是的 |
[19:12] | Good, | 很好 |
[19:14] | because I was this close to drop-kicking your sorry butt | 因为老子差一点就怒火攻心 |
[19:17] | from here to the outlet mall! | 把你这死小子踢个屁股开花 |
[19:29] | I’m sorry you had to pay the damages at the restaurant. | 抱歉要让你支付餐馆的损失 |
[19:31] | No, it was worth the $1,700. | 没事 这1700块花得值 |
[19:35] | Wait till my brother’s wife hears about this. | 等着瞧我大嫂知道这件事吧 |
[19:37] | Once at Christmas, she took a clumsy swing, | 有一次圣诞节 她笨拙的挥了一拳 |
[19:39] | but mom got her in a headlock and she blacked out. | 但我妈一出手锁头功 她就晕了过去 |
[19:43] | – You were great. – I really liked her. | -你真厉害 -我很喜欢你妈 |
[19:46] | I don’t think she liked you. | 我不认为她喜欢你 |
[19:47] | Yeah, I didn’t like her, either. | 是啊 我也不喜欢她 |
[19:49] | I really like you, though. | 我倒是很喜欢你 |
[19:51] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[19:57] | Your mother wears a lot of rings. | 你母亲戴了很多戒指 |
[20:01] | No… | 不 |
[20:03] | pain can be good. | 疼点儿感觉更好 |
[20:11] | You know, someday I’d like to be a real father | 知道吗 有一天 我会成为真正的父亲 |
[20:15] | with a real son– | 有一个真正的儿子 |
[20:16] | a little guy who’d be sweet and cuddly, | 小家伙很可爱 让人想抱他 |
[20:19] | pink and puffy, | 粉粉的 软软的 |
[20:21] | just like his old man. | 就像他老爸 |
[20:24] | You do realize that your son could wind up being a daughter? | 你知道你儿子有可能变成女儿吧 |
[20:27] | Oh, no, no, not my son. | 不不 我的儿子才不会 |
[20:32] | I bet Mr. Randell would make a great father. | 我打赌兰登老师会是个好父亲 |
[20:35] | I can see him now, sitting with his kids, | 我可以想象到 他和孩子们坐在一起 |
[20:37] | helping them with their homework, | 辅导他们做作业 |
[20:39] | telling them what a cow pie their grandmother is. | 告诉孩子们 他们的奶奶是个怎样的泼妇 |
[20:43] | Yeah, all this romance talk | 谈了这么多浪漫的话题 |
[20:45] | makes me want to call my girlfriend. | 让我想给我的女友打电话 |
[20:47] | Hey, Harry, can you give me a dial tone? | 哈里 能给我个拨号音吗 |
[20:53] | Well, aren’t we witty. | 真是好笑啊 |
[20:55] | Let me ask you this. Has the big giant head ever called us? | 我想问 大头伟哥给我们打过电话吗 |
[20:59] | – Not yet. – How will we know when he does? | -没有 -那他打来我们怎么知道呢 |
[21:02] | Harry will suddenly go blank | 哈里会突然一脸呆滞 |
[21:04] | and stare off into space. | 凝望着太空 |
[21:08] | Like I said, how will we know when he does? | 所以我说 那他打来我们怎么知道呢 |