| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | I love these Saturdays in the park. | 我喜欢每逢周六来公园 |
| [00:05] | The soft grass, the chirping birds, | 有柔软顺滑的青草 有叽叽喳喳的小鸟 |
| [00:08] | the “Eyewitness News” team. | 有”新闻直击”的团队 |
| [00:11] | Save the park! Save the park! | 保卫公园 保卫公园 |
| [00:13] | Makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs | 让你不禁也想撕心裂肺地尖叫 |
| [00:15] | – like those people. – Let’s eat over there! | -就像那群人一样 -我们去那里吃 |
| [00:18] | No! I prefer this table! | 不 我喜欢这张桌子 |
| [00:20] | It’s in the shade! | 它在树荫下面 |
| [00:21] | Hey, look! A butterfly! | 快看 蝴蝶 |
| [00:23] | Hey, look, Sally! It’s your friend Don! | 快看 莎莉 你的朋友唐 |
| [00:27] | – Sally. – Don. | -莎莉 -唐 |
| [00:28] | A word to the wise. There’s trouble in the park today. | 聪明人不多废话 今天公园里会有麻烦 |
| [00:32] | Trouble? Uh-oh. I better take care of my baby. | 麻烦 我得去照顾好我的宝贝 |
| [00:34] | What is it? | 怎么回事 |
| [00:35] | Sometimes a wrinkle runs through the city, | 有时候问题会潜伏在这个城市 |
| [00:38] | and it rears up on its haunches | 然后瞬间爆发 |
| [00:40] | like an ugly monkey ready to strike. | 就像一个丑八怪随时准备攻击 |
| [00:43] | Don, you always have your finger up the pulse of danger. | 唐 你对危险的感觉总是这么敏锐 |
| [00:50] | Save the park! Save the park! | 保卫公园 保卫公园 |
| [00:53] | Save the park! Save the park! | 保卫公园 保卫公园 |
| [00:55] | Save the park! Save the park! | 保卫公园 保卫公园 |
| [00:57] | Hey, man, you want to sign this petition? | 兄弟 愿意在请愿书上签名吗 |
| [00:59] | The town’s going to destroy Bates Park. | 镇里要毁掉贝茨公园 |
| [01:01] | Uh… maybe in a little while. | 大概要等一会儿 |
| [01:03] | There’s no time. The dozers are on their way. | 没时间了 推土机已经开过来了 |
| [01:06] | Okay. I’ve chained myself to the tree. | 好的 我把自己拴在树上了 |
| [01:10] | – Oh! – Sir, sir, excuse me. | -明白 -先生 先生 打扰下 |
| [01:13] | Is it true you’ve chained yourself to that tree? | 真的是你本人把自己拴在树上的吗 |
| [01:16] | Yes, that’s exactly what I’ve done. | 是的 正是如此 |
| [01:19] | So you won’t free yourself | 所以即使推土机 |
| [01:20] | even though the city bulldozers are on their way? | 已经开过来了 你也不会把自己解开 |
| [01:22] | No, I cannot do that. | 不 我做不到 |
| [01:27] | He may be an organized protester, | 也许他是一位组织有序的抗议者 |
| [01:29] | he may be a rogue mountain man, | 也许他是一个离群索居的山里汉 |
| [01:31] | but one thing’s for sure– | 但有一点可以肯定 |
| [01:31] | he may be a hero. We got it. | 也许他是个英雄 收工 |
| [02:10] | Hurry! | 快点 |
| [02:12] | Is it on the right channel? | 是不是这个频道 |
| [02:13] | Some of the stories we’re tracking at this hour: | 这一时段我们的一些跟踪报道 |
| [02:15] | A fire breaks out in a nursing home… | 一家疗养院发生火灾 |
| [02:18] | A search for survivors continues | 巴尔马高地泥石流 |
| [02:19] | at the Parma Heights mudslide, | 生还者的搜救工作仍在继续 |
| [02:21] | and in our Science Watch, a vet performs an operation | “科学观察”方面 一位兽医实施了手术 |
| [02:23] | that allows a cat to smile for the first time. | 令一只猫咪首次向世人展示笑容 |
| [02:27] | That’s the happiest cat in the world. | 它肯定是世界上最快乐的猫了 |
| [02:29] | Tonight’s top story: a protest in Bates Park. | 今晚的头条新闻 贝茨公园的抗议者 |
| [02:32] | Look! I’m on TV! | 快看 我上电视了 |
| [02:34] | You’re wearing my shirt. My shirt’s on television. | 你穿的是我的衬衫 我的衬衫上电视了 |
| [02:38] | That’s exactly what I’ve done. | 正是如此 |
| [02:40] | Hello? | 你好 |
| [02:42] | Yes, Harry Solomon lives here. | 对 哈里·所罗门是住在这里 |
| [02:45] | Okay. Hold on. | 好的 请稍等 |
| [02:47] | Harry has a phone call. | 是哈里的电话 |
| [02:55] | A phone call. | 电话 |
| [02:57] | My first phone call. | 第一个打给我的电话 |
| [03:00] | – How do I look? – You look fine. | -我看上去怎么样 -很帅 |
| [03:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
| [03:08] | Uh-huh. Okay. | 好的 |
| [03:11] | I’ll have to talk it over with my family. | 我得和我的家人谈谈 |
| [03:13] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
| [03:16] | – Who was that? – It’s a member from the independent party. | -谁打来的 -独立党的人 |
| [03:19] | They said they saw me on TV. | 他们说在电视上看到了我 |
| [03:21] | They want me to run for city council. | 想让我参加市议会的竞选 |
| [03:23] | What’s city council? | 市议会是什么东西 |
| [03:25] | I think it’s some sort of council here in the city. | 我想差不多是这个城市的某种顾问班子吧 |
| [03:29] | Council? According to my civics class, | 议会 根据我的公民学课上讲的 |
| [03:31] | that’s government. | 那可是政府哎 |
| [03:32] | Oh! Oh, this is big. | 这太劲爆了 |
| [03:34] | This is big. We do not want to get involved in this. | 太劲爆了 我们可不想卷入这种事情 |
| [03:37] | This will allow us to get on the inside, see how it works. | 这能让我们深入内部 看看政府是怎么运作的 |
| [03:40] | What about our vow not to alter the course of the planet? | 我们发过誓 不改变这个星球的进程 |
| [03:43] | Please. It’s only politics. | 拜托 只不过是政治罢了 |
| [03:46] | We dive in, master it, | 我们跳进去 搞定它 |
| [03:49] | grab a few votes, get a little action. | 抢一点选票 搞一点运动 |
| [03:50] | Nobody gets hurt. | 没人会有损失的 |
| [03:51] | Harry, call those people back and tell them you’ll run. | 哈里 回电话告诉他们你会参选 |
| [03:54] | – You’re the boss. – Sally, Tommy, | -你是头儿 听你的 -莎莉 汤米 |
| [03:57] | you advise Harry on his campaign. | 你们做哈里的竞选顾问团 |
| [03:58] | I’m going to register to vote. | 我去登记选票 |
| [04:00] | Shouldn’t we all vote? | 我们不用都去投票吗 |
| [04:01] | No. We don’t want to arouse suspicion. | 当然不用 我们可不想引起怀疑 |
| [04:03] | One in four seems right. | 四分之一看起来正合适 |
| [04:09] | Here’s a list of candidates and referendums. | 这是候选人名单和选票 |
| [04:11] | So you’re all set. You come back here in two weeks to vote. | 你都办完了 两周后来投票 |
| [04:14] | Right. And how many times do I get to vote? | 好的 我能投几票 |
| [04:18] | One time. | 投一票 |
| [04:20] | And it doesn’t matter that I’m brilliant? | 我才华横溢也不例外吗 |
| [04:22] | No. | 不例外 |
| [04:25] | Have you noticed how tall I am? | 你有注意到我很高吗 |
| [04:27] | We all get one vote. | 我们都只能投一票 |
| [04:30] | So your opinion counts equally with mine? | 你的意见和我的是一样重要的吗 |
| [04:32] | You got it. | 你说对了 |
| [04:33] | You’re awfully smug for a man who works at a folding table. | 折叠桌男 你忒自以为是了 |
| [04:40] | Okay, let’s see. | 让我们来看看 |
| [04:43] | For mayor, Heckie Mulligan. | 市长候选人 海克·马利根 |
| [04:46] | Hmm, funny name. I like that in a mayor. | 名字真搞笑 我喜欢市长叫这个名字 |
| [04:50] | Heckie Mulligan? | 海克·马利根 |
| [04:52] | How can you vote for Heckie Mulligan? | 你怎么能投票给海克·马利根呢 |
| [04:53] | Nina, can you believe that? | 尼娜 你能相信吗 |
| [04:55] | How do you know I’m not voting for Mulligan? | 你怎么知道我没投给马利根 |
| [04:57] | I thought you were a democrat. | 我以为你是民主党支持者 |
| [04:59] | Why do you think I’m a democrat? | 你为什么认为我是民主党支持者 |
| [05:01] | Because I’m black? | 就因为我是个黑人? |
| [05:02] | Go ahead, vote for Mulligan. | 去吧 投给马利根 |
| [05:03] | I’m not voting for Mulligan. | 我不会投给马利根的 |
| [05:04] | Wait, I don’t understand. | 等等 我不明白 |
| [05:06] | Why are you getting so worked up over politics? | 为什么你们一谈到政治就那么激动 |
| [05:09] | It’s simple. You vote for the best man. | 这很简单 投给最出色的男人 |
| [05:11] | – The best man wins. – Or woman. | -最出色的男人胜出 -也可能是女人 |
| [05:16] | Wh– oh, that’s priceless. | 真是太荒唐了 |
| [05:23] | What, Heckie’s a woman? | 什么 海克是个女人? |
| [05:29] | Frank Gansmiller. Glad to know you. | 弗兰克·甘斯米勒 很高兴认识你 |
| [05:33] | Hey, Betty, the new speed bump keeping the teenagers away? | 贝蒂 新的减速路拱让小毛孩儿开车老实了吧 |
| [05:36] | Great. Good. | 很好 太棒了 |
| [05:39] | Norma, Tom, Patty, | 诺玛 汤姆 帕蒂 |
| [05:41] | Cathy, Carl. | 凯茜 卡尔 |
| [05:43] | Too bad about that warehouse fire. | 对于仓库着火我深表遗憾 |
| [05:45] | I’m glad to hear the “insurance” came through. | 我很高兴听说”保险费”已经支付了 |
| [05:51] | Harry Solomon. | 哈里·所罗门 |
| [05:53] | I’ve never seen you before in my life. | 我这辈子从来没见过你 |
| [05:57] | Hi, I’m Harry Solomon, | 你好 我是哈里·所罗门 |
| [06:00] | a simple mind for a simple people. | 我头脑简单 正配你们思想单纯 |
| [06:05] | I can’t believe Dr. Solomon | 我简直不敢相信 所罗门教授 |
| [06:07] | is letting his brother run against Gansmiller. | 让他弟弟跟甘斯米勒一起竞选 |
| [06:09] | No one can dig up the dirt like Gansmiller. | 甘斯米勒挖人丑事的本领无人能及 |
| [06:11] | The man’s a backhoe. | 他就是个挖土机[也指做爱的体位] |
| [06:16] | It’s a piece of equipment. | 就是一种工程车 |
| [06:29] | – Don? – Sally, what brings you here? | -唐 -莎莉 什么风把你吹来了 |
| [06:33] | My brother threw his head into the ring. | 我弟弟把他的头扔进了拳击场 |
| [06:37] | You mean his hat? | 你是说他的帽子 |
| [06:38] | Yeah, sure, his hat. | 是啊 当然是他的帽子 |
| [06:40] | What brings you here? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
| [06:41] | Oh, the usual– | 和往常一样 |
| [06:42] | looking for trouble, | 看看有没有人找麻烦 |
| [06:44] | making sure it doesn’t happen. | 一旦发现就扼杀在襁褓里 |
| [06:46] | – Punch? – Take your best shot. | -潘趣酒? -让我见识下你的酒量 |
| [06:53] | – Frank Gansmiller. – Dick Solomon. | -弗兰克·甘斯米勒 -迪克·所罗门 |
| [06:56] | Nice to know you, Dick. | 很高兴认识你 迪克 |
| [06:57] | I feel it only fair to warn you | 为了公平起见 我要警告你 |
| [06:58] | that your challenger is my brother Harry, | 你的对手可是我弟弟哈里 |
| [07:00] | and I am not easily swayed. | 我的意志也是很坚定的 |
| [07:02] | Dick, I’ll keep that in mind. | 迪克 我会牢记在心 |
| [07:03] | Mary, this is Frank Gansmiller. | 玛丽 这位是弗兰克·甘斯米勒 |
| [07:05] | This must be the little lady? | 您肯定是迪克的贤内助 |
| [07:07] | This must be the little man. | 您肯定是公认的讨人嫌 |
| [07:10] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
| [07:12] | Dick, it’s all right, | 迪克 没关系 |
| [07:14] | as long as Mary turns out to vote– | 只要玛丽最终投的是 |
| [07:17] | although I don’t know if you’re old enough to vote. | 虽然我不知道你够不够投票的年龄 |
| [07:19] | Yes, she is. She’s 44. | 她当然够了 她44岁了 |
| [07:23] | Mr. Gansmiller– | 甘斯米勒先生 |
| [07:25] | Frank, when I do vote, | 弗兰克 我的票 |
| [07:28] | it won’t be for you. | 是不会投给你的 |
| [07:29] | Mary, Dick, | 玛丽 迪克 |
| [07:31] | let me get serious for just a moment. | 让我说几句正经的 |
| [07:34] | “Why should I vote | 你们问 为什么我要投票 |
| [07:36] | for Frank Gansmiller?” You ask. | 给弗兰克·甘斯米勒 |
| [07:39] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问过 |
| [07:40] | Mary won’t let me get away with anything, will she, Dick? | 玛丽不会让我蒙混过关任何事的 对吗 迪克 |
| [07:43] | Not a thing, Frank. | 一件也不行 弗兰克 |
| [07:45] | Why should I vote for frank Gansmiller, Frank? | 为什么我要投票给弗兰克·甘斯米勒 弗兰克 |
| [07:47] | Good question, Dick. | 问得好 迪克 |
| [07:49] | Because I want to take money | 因为我想从 |
| [07:51] | out of the drug dealers’ pockets | 毒贩子兜里掏钱 |
| [07:53] | and give it back to the people. | 并把它们归还给人民 |
| [07:55] | Oh, Frank’s right. I want some of that drug money. | 弗兰克是对的 我就想要一部分毒资 |
| [08:01] | All right, everybody. It’s time to hear from our candidates. | 好了 各位 现在请听候选人的演讲 |
| [08:04] | First up, our incumbent, | 首先是我们的现任市议员 |
| [08:05] | Frank Gansmiller. | 弗兰克·甘斯米勒 |
| [08:08] | Thank you. No, no. | 谢谢 停下 停下 |
| [08:10] | You know what? You all know me. | 容我说一句 你们都认识我 |
| [08:13] | Let’s give the new kid a chance. | 还是给新面孔一个发言机会吧 |
| [08:15] | Yes, yes. | 很好 很好 |
| [08:16] | – This is a great man. – Dick, sit. | -他是个出色的男人 -迪克 坐下 |
| [08:29] | Thank you, fellow… | 谢了 各位 |
| [08:31] | Rutherfordonianites. | 拉瑟福的父老乡亲 |
| [08:34] | Anyway, I’m here | 不管怎样 我能站在这里 |
| [08:37] | because of all you people– | 都是因为有你们 |
| [08:39] | men, women. | 有男人 有女人 |
| [08:42] | Of course, if I had my way, there’d be a lot more women. | 当然 要是我说了算的话 最好能有更多女人 |
| [08:47] | You know, on any given day, | 知道吗 在平时 |
| [08:48] | I see maybe one, two women, tops. | 我每天最多也就能见到一两个女人 |
| [08:50] | I want to see more women. | 我想看到更多的女人 |
| [08:52] | Everywhere I go, more women. | 到处都是女人 越来越多的女人 |
| [08:55] | More women in the workplace, yes! | 要有更多的职业女性 好极了 |
| [08:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [09:00] | Vote Harry S. Solomon. | 请投哈里·S·所罗门一票 |
| [09:02] | The “s” stands for know-how. | 字母S代表了技能知识 |
| [09:09] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
| [09:11] | snow-how. | 是滑雪技能 |
| [09:20] | Turn it off. I’ve seen enough. | 关掉 我看够了 |
| [09:25] | All right, what do you got on him? | 好了 你查到他什么没 |
| [09:29] | Nothing. He’s clean. | 一无所获 他很清白 |
| [09:32] | Nothing? | 一无所获 |
| [09:32] | Must have something rotten in his past. | 他以前肯定有什么污点 |
| [09:34] | He’s human, isn’t he? | 他又不是神 |
| [09:36] | I’ve done every background check personally. | 我亲自彻查了他的背景情况 |
| [09:37] | There’s nothing. It’s like he… | 一无所获 他就好像是 |
| [09:39] | fell out of the sky. | 从天而降 |
| [09:41] | – What about drinking? – No. | -有没有酗酒 -没 |
| [09:43] | – Gambling? – No. | -赌博 -没 |
| [09:45] | Bad checks? Tax evasion? | 空头支票 逃税漏税 |
| [09:46] | No. | 没 |
| [09:47] | Pornography? Drug addiction? Bad hairpiece? | 嫖娼贩黄 嗑药吸毒 戴难看的假发 |
| [09:50] | No! | 全都没有 |
| [09:52] | Zero divided by zero, | 零除以零还是零 |
| [09:54] | zip, nada, bubkes. | 枯井打水 烂网打鱼 |
| [09:56] | Bubkes, huh? | 烂网打鱼 |
| [09:58] | Wh-what does “bubkes” mean? | 烂网打鱼是什么意思 |
| [10:01] | – Nothing. – Yeah, I thought so. | -一无所获 -我也这么认为 |
| [10:04] | You know, it’s almost as if he were… Amish. | 知道吗 他感觉就像门诺教徒 |
| [10:12] | Damn! | 该死的 |
| [10:14] | No past, | 没有不堪的过去 |
| [10:16] | no experience, | 没有复杂的经历 |
| [10:17] | no record. | 也没有不良记录 |
| [10:18] | The perfect candidate. | 无可挑剔的候选人 |
| [10:21] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
| [10:22] | What about that sister of his? | 能不能从他姐姐下手 |
| [10:24] | You leave her out of it! | 你给我离她远点儿 |
| [10:27] | Copper’s got a girlfriend. | 这位警官有女朋友了 |
| [10:36] | Should there be a toll on the cherry street bridge? | 是否应该对樱桃街大桥征收过路费 |
| [10:39] | Well, I never use it. | 我从没走过这座桥 |
| [10:41] | – Yes. – Yes. | -是 -是 |
| [10:44] | But what if I start using it? | 可如果我开始经过呢 |
| [10:46] | – No. – Smart money on no. | -否 -精明人就选否 |
| [10:49] | What am I thinking? There’s nothing good on cherry street. | 我在想什么 樱桃街又没什么好逛的 |
| [10:51] | Yes. | 是 |
| [10:53] | No! | 否 |
| [10:56] | No–yes! | 否是 |
| [10:58] | A resounding no-yes. | 铿锵有力的否是 |
| [11:01] | Okay, let’s move on to the candidates. | 好了 我们接着看候选人 |
| [11:03] | This should be a no-brainer. | 都不用动脑子 |
| [11:05] | City council, district nine? Harry Solomon. | 竞选市议员 九区 哈里·所罗门 |
| [11:08] | Y-yeah. | 是 啊 |
| [11:12] | What? Don’t tell me you’re voting for Gansmiller. | 怎么 别告诉我你打算投给甘斯米勒 |
| [11:16] | Don’t tell me you’re voting for Harry. | 你别告诉我你打算投给哈里 |
| [11:17] | Yes, I’m voting for Harry. | 对 我就是要投给哈里 |
| [11:18] | Then you’re voting wrong. | 那你就选错人了 |
| [11:19] | There’s no such thing as voting wrong. | 根本没有选错人这回事 |
| [11:21] | Yes, there is. You’re doing it. | 有的 你就是选错了人 |
| [11:24] | You’re making a mockery | 你选错了人 |
| [11:25] | of this whole election by voting wrong. | 你在践踏这次选举的意义 |
| [11:27] | It’s my vote. I get to use it any way I want. | 这是我的投票权 我得按自己的意愿来 |
| [11:30] | What’s the point of having a democracy | 如果大家都选错了人 |
| [11:31] | if people go around voting wrong? | 那搞民主还有什么意义 |
| [11:33] | In my opinion, | 在我看来 |
| [11:35] | democracy is doing just fine the way it is. | 现在这样的民主形式挺好的 |
| [11:37] | Well, your opinion is wrong! | 你的想法是错的 |
| [11:39] | I can’t believe | 我简直不敢相信 |
| [11:40] | you’re voting against your own brother. | 你竟然投票反对你自己的弟弟 |
| [11:43] | Ha! Just watch me. | 那就好好看着 |
| [11:44] | Dick! You’re not going to vote for me? | 迪克 你不打算投给我 |
| [11:48] | Well, that hurts. | 太伤我心了 |
| [11:50] | And I know | 我知道 |
| [11:52] | because I feel your pain. | 因为你的痛苦我感同身受 |
| [11:57] | But Harry Solomon is not worried… | 不过哈里·所罗门并不担心 |
| [12:03] | because Harry Solomon knows | 因为哈里·所罗门知道 |
| [12:05] | that Harry Solomon can win. | 哈里·所罗门会赢的 |
| [12:07] | Oh! How can you possibly win? | 你怎么可能赢 |
| [12:10] | Because Harry Solomon appeals to both sides. | 因为哈里·所罗门左右逢源 |
| [12:22] | Vote for Harry Solomon. | 请投哈里·所罗门一票 |
| [12:26] | – Hi! – Hey, Mrs. Dubcek. | -你好 -你好 杜布切克太太 |
| [12:28] | You want a button? | 你想要个徽章吗 |
| [12:29] | Yeah! I’m glad Harry is standing up | 要啊 我很高兴哈里能捍卫 |
| [12:33] | for good old-fashioned family values. | 传统家庭的价值观 |
| [12:35] | You could learn from this lesson, Sally. | 莎莉 你可要学着点 |
| [12:38] | Never date a guy if he’s not good to his wife and kids. | 千万别跟一个不善待老婆孩子的男人约会 |
| [12:52] | – Don. – Sally. | -唐 -莎莉 |
| [12:54] | We have to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
| [13:00] | Your brother is playing with matches, | 你弟弟现在无异于 |
| [13:03] | and that’s how fires start. | 玩火上身 |
| [13:04] | I know my way around a hose. | 我知道怎么使用消防水管 |
| [13:15] | This election could turn ugly, | 这次竞选会变得肮脏丑陋 |
| [13:17] | very ugly. | 丑陋不堪 |
| [13:18] | I shouldn’t be telling you this, | 我不应该告诉你的 |
| [13:19] | but I had to warn you. | 但是我不得不预先通知你 |
| [13:21] | You’re the only thing in my life that isn’t dirty. | 你是我生命中仅有的纯净无暇 |
| [13:24] | A girl can’t stay clean forever in a town like this. | 在这镇上没一个姑娘会一直干干净净的 |
| [13:28] | Don’t talk like that, Sally. | 莎莉 别这样说 |
| [13:29] | You’ve got a great pair of getaway sticks. | 你有一双又长又直的美腿 |
| [13:32] | Now use ’em. | 现在该发挥它们的作用了 |
| [13:33] | Come on, Don. Be straight with me. | 拜托 唐 对我坦诚点 |
| [13:35] | You owe me that much. | 你欠我很多人情 |
| [13:38] | Follow the money, Sally. | 莎莉 跟着钱走 |
| [13:40] | Follow the money. | 跟着钱走 |
| [13:46] | Solomon. | 所罗门 |
| [13:51] | Gansmiller. | 甘斯米勒 |
| [13:55] | Glad you came. | 很高兴你能来 |
| [13:57] | That’s something I don’t hear very often. | 很少有人对我这样说 |
| [14:03] | Solomon, this election means a lot to me. | 所罗门 这次选举对我非常重要 |
| [14:07] | What do you say we cut a deal? | 我们做笔交易如何 |
| [14:09] | Well, what sort of deal? | 什么样的交易 |
| [14:11] | You drop out of the race, I’ll make you building inspector. | 你放弃竞选 我让你做建筑检查员 |
| [14:15] | Why do I want to be building inspector? | 我为什么要做建筑检查员 |
| [14:18] | Because when the building inspector looks the other way, | 因为只要建筑检查员朝另一边看 |
| [14:21] | he gets an envelope. | 他就会拿到一个信封 |
| [14:23] | Well, what if the building inspector | 如果建筑检查员 |
| [14:25] | doesn’t look the other way? | 没有往另一边看呢 |
| [14:28] | He always looks the other way. | 他总是会往另一边看的 |
| [14:30] | Well, what’s so special the other way? | 另一边有什么特别的吗 |
| [14:32] | – The envelope. – Well, what’s in the envelope? | -因为有信封 -信封里有什么 |
| [14:36] | I don’t have to tell you what’s in the envelope. | 我没必要告诉你信封里有什么 |
| [14:38] | You don’t have to, but I sure would appreciate it. | 你是没必要 但我知道我肯定会感激的 |
| [14:41] | Look, what will it take you to drop out of this race? | 有什么能让你放弃这次竞选 |
| [14:44] | Well, don’t ask me. | 别问我 |
| [14:46] | I’m not the one who makes the decisions. | 我没有决定权 |
| [14:48] | You aren’t? | 你没有 |
| [14:49] | No, never have, never will. | 没有 从来没有 以后也不会有 |
| [14:51] | I just sort of follow orders. | 我只不过是个执行命令的 |
| [14:54] | Whose? | 那谁有决定权 |
| [14:55] | Well, we sort of have a leader. | 我们有个领袖一样的人物 |
| [14:58] | – “We”? – The family. | -“我们” -我家人 |
| [15:01] | The family. | 你家人 |
| [15:04] | Thank you, Solomon. | 谢谢 所罗门 |
| [15:06] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
| [15:10] | Harry Solomon. | 哈里·所罗门 |
| [15:12] | How much do we really know about him? | 我们是否真的了解他呢 |
| [15:15] | He claims to be a family man, | 他宣称自己是个有家的男人 |
| [15:17] | but what kind of family? | 究竟是什么样的家呢 |
| [15:18] | There’s no hard proof that the Solomons are linked | 没有确凿证据证明所罗门家族 |
| [15:21] | to the Gambinis, the Genoveses, | 与冈比尼家族 吉诺维斯家族 |
| [15:23] | and the Corleones, | 以及柯里翁家族有联系 |
| [15:24] | but is that a risk you’re willing to take? | 但是你愿意冒这个险吗 |
| [15:27] | Harry Solomon–an offer you can refuse. | 哈里·所罗门 你可以拒绝的候选人 |
| [15:30] | Paid for by decent, | 正派的纳税人 |
| [15:32] | God-fearing citizens for Gansmiller. | 敬畏上帝的公民 都会选择甘斯米勒 |
| [15:35] | Don’t say that. | 别说了 |
| [15:36] | We can’t be in the mob. | 我们怎么可能是意大利黑手党 |
| [15:37] | We’re from Ohio. | 我们是俄亥俄州人 |
| [15:39] | That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
| [15:41] | Oh, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, | 迪克 迪克 迪克 迪克 |
| [15:42] | Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, | 迪克 迪克 迪克 迪克 |
| [15:43] | Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick. | 迪克 迪克 迪克 迪克 |
| [15:44] | Dick, Dick. | 迪克 迪克 |
| [15:47] | You are so out of the game. Now that was a gimme. | 你太落伍了 游戏规则是这样的 |
| [15:50] | He mentioned my name like 20 times. | 他提到我名字差不多有20次 |
| [15:52] | That was great publicity. | 说得人尽皆知了 |
| [15:54] | But he’s a liar. | 可他在说谎 |
| [15:55] | Dick, let me talk to you like you’re a two-year-old. | 迪克 假设我在跟两岁的你说话 |
| [15:59] | You know how when you see a commercial for cheerios, | 你看过麦片的广告吧 |
| [16:02] | and they keep showing you cheerios, | 他们一直给你看麦片 |
| [16:04] | and you really want cheerios… | 你就会真的想要吃麦片 |
| [16:08] | Do we have any cheerios? | 我们还有麦片吗 |
| [16:21] | – What? – Nothing, sir. | -什么 -没什么 先生 |
| [16:23] | I’m sorry I’m late, sir. | 我很抱歉我迟到了 先生 |
| [16:27] | – What are you doing? – I’m kissing your ring. | -你在干嘛 -我在亲吻您的戒指 |
| [16:30] | – I’m not wearing a ring. – I’m sorry. | -我没戴戒指 -我很抱歉 |
| [16:31] | Please don’t have me whacked. | 请不要灭了我 |
| [16:34] | Whacked? What kind of nonsense is this? | 灭你 胡闹些什么 |
| [16:36] | Well, sir, we just want to pay you the proper respects. | 先生 我们只是想恰如其分地表达对您的敬意 |
| [16:39] | – We didn’t know. – Know what? | -我们以前不知道 -知道什么 |
| [16:41] | About your family connections, Don Solomon. | 关于您的家庭关系 唐·所罗门 |
| [16:45] | It’s that stupid ad. It’s a complete and lie. | 都是那白痴广告害的 那完全是个谎言 |
| [16:49] | I would hope you people would know better. | 我真希望你们都能有点脑子 |
| [16:51] | Good, | 很好 |
| [16:52] | because I’ve had all I can take of this election foolishness | 这场愚蠢可笑的竞选让我受够了 |
| [16:57] | This is ridiculous! | 这太荒谬了 |
| [16:59] | Your political system is a sham! | 你们的政治体制就是个骗局 |
| [17:02] | It’s nothing but lies and propaganda. | 压根就是用谎言和宣传堆砌起来的 |
| [17:04] | Look what it’s done to you. | 看看对你们的影响 |
| [17:06] | You can’t even tell who’s good or bad or right or wrong. | 你们甚至搞不清楚是非善恶 |
| [17:08] | Give me science. At least with physics, | 赐予我科学吧 至少学物理时 |
| [17:11] | you know when you have the right answer. | 你们会知道是否得出了正确答案 |
| [17:13] | I never do. | 我从来不知道 |
| [17:17] | Cannoli? | 来点奶油甜卷 |
| [17:25] | Oh, I’ll be so glad when this election is over. | 等到这场竞选结束时 我会非常开心的 |
| [17:28] | Here. Do something with this. | 给 处理下吧 |
| [17:31] | I’m so confused. | 我太困惑了 |
| [17:31] | I hardly even know what I’m doing. | 我甚至不知道自己在干什么 |
| [17:37] | You’re sitting on your cannoli. | 您坐到奶油甜卷上了 |
| [17:40] | Look at this! | 看看这个 |
| [17:42] | Everything’s out of control! | 一切都失控了 |
| [17:44] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
| [17:45] | What’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong. | 出什么事了 我来告诉你出什么事了 |
| [17:47] | I’m trying to vote my conscience, | 我想凭良心投票 |
| [17:49] | and I can’t even hear it anymore. | 可我连自己的良心都感觉不到了 |
| [17:51] | I have only two choices for city council– | 市议员投票 我只有两个选择 |
| [17:53] | a professional liar | 一个是专业的骗子 |
| [17:54] | and my brother, the joke. | 一个是我的弟弟 纯属笑话 |
| [17:57] | Neither of them should even be running for office. | 没一个是有资格竞选公职的 |
| [17:59] | There is no choice. | 根本没有选择的余地 |
| [18:00] | My only choice is not to vote at all. | 我唯一的选择就是放弃投票 |
| [18:01] | Democracy is horrible, absolutely horrible! | 民主真讨厌 非常讨厌 |
| [18:08] | You’re so right. | 你说的太对了 |
| [18:10] | Democracy is the worst form of government there is, | 民主是现有政体里最糟糕的形式 |
| [18:13] | except for all of the others… | 除开其他政体不谈 |
| [18:15] | and that is exactly why you have to vote. | 正是因为这样 所以才要投票啊 |
| [18:17] | – No! – Yes! | -不是这样的 -就是 |
| [18:19] | – No! – Yes! | -不是这样的 -就是 |
| [18:21] | If you don’t vote, you can’t complain. | 如果你不投票 你就不能抱怨 |
| [18:23] | Complaining is all I have left. | 我只剩下抱怨可选了 |
| [18:26] | The system isn’t perfect, | 体制不会是完美的 |
| [18:28] | but it’s important to participate, | 但是重在参与 |
| [18:30] | even if you get it wrong. | 选错了也没关系 |
| [18:32] | Just go to the polls and do what you think is right. | 去投票吧 做出你认为正确的选择 |
| [18:37] | Things were so much simpler where I come from. | 在我的故乡 一切都比这里简单得多 |
| [18:39] | There’s only one big giant office, | 只有一个硕大的办公室 |
| [18:41] | and whoever outruns the fireball wins. | 比火流星跑得快就算赢 |
| [19:10] | Oh, god, I hope I did the right thing. | 天哪 我希望我的选择是对的 |
| [19:18] | And the results for city council are in. | 市议员的投票结果已经出来了 |
| [19:21] | The incumbent, Frank Gansmiller, is the winner. | 是现任议员弗兰克·甘斯米勒获胜 |
| [19:27] | So I would be… | 于是我就是 |
| [19:30] | the loser. | 输家 |
| [19:32] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
| [19:35] | I’d like to thank you all for supporting– | 对于你们的支持我深表感谢 |
| [19:37] | All Righty. | 好吧 |
| [19:41] | Harry, I want you to know that I voted for you. | 哈里 我想告诉你我投了你 |
| [19:44] | And to top off this night of firsts, | 今晚有个首创的大新闻 |
| [19:46] | there was also one write-in vote for a Dr. Mary Albright. | 有人自填了候选人玛丽·欧布莱特教授 |
| [19:54] | That self-serving bitch. | 那个自私自利的贱人 |
| [20:03] | I just had to come over and say great job, kid. | 我只是过来说句干得好 年轻人 |
| [20:06] | It was a tough campaign all around. | 这真是一次艰苦卓绝的选战 |
| [20:08] | Glad to see no one went negative. | 很高兴没人出人身攻击的损招 |
| [20:12] | Is that envelope job still available? | 那个信封的交易还有效吗 |
| [20:16] | No. | 没了 |
| [20:21] | Tough luck, kiddo, | 姑娘 你真不走运 |
| [20:22] | but your family’s better off. | 不过这样对你家人更好 |
| [20:24] | You spend your life around garbage, you start to stink. | 终日与垃圾为伍 自己也会臭气熏天 |
| [20:28] | I don’t like the taste of losing, Don. | 我不喜欢失败的滋味 唐 |
| [20:30] | It tastes like a bad egg. | 就像吃了臭鸡蛋一样 |
| [20:32] | You know, the kind that gives you the burps. | 知道吗 它会让你打嗝 |
| [20:36] | During this election, I’ve done some things, Sally, | 在这次选举中 我做了一些事 莎莉 |
| [20:39] | some things I’m not so proud of. | 一些让我很惭愧的事 |
| [20:41] | Did I know better? Sure. | 我明事理吗 当然 |
| [20:43] | But it’s this… this town, | 是因为这个 这个小镇 |
| [20:46] | this crazy town. | 疯狂的小镇 |
| [20:48] | Makes you want to brush your teeth. | 让你恨不得想刷牙 |
| [20:51] | You’re in luck. I’m packin’. | 你运气真好 我装备齐全 |
| [20:56] | So, Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
| [20:58] | did you hear someone voted for me? | 有没有听说有人投了我一票 |
| [21:00] | Yes, I think I did hear that somewhere. | 是的 我想我在哪儿听说了 |
| [21:02] | I wonder where that vote could have come from. | 我在想那一票是谁投的 |
| [21:04] | Who knows? It is a secret ballot. | 谁知道呢 这可是无记名投票 |
| [21:07] | It was me, Dr. Albright. I voted for you. | 欧布莱特教授 是我投的 我投了你 |
| [21:10] | No, you didn’t! | 不 你没投 |
| [21:11] | How do you know? It was a secret ballot. | 你怎么知道我没投 这可是无记名投票 |
| [21:15] | Damn! | 该死的 |
| [21:24] | I think we should vote for who’s high commander. | 我觉得我们应该投票选出总指挥官 |
| [21:26] | Sure. We’re in a democracy. | 当然可以 我们是在一个民主的国家 |
| [21:28] | Can we vote for ourselves? | 我们能选自己吗 |
| [21:29] | Of course. I vote for me. | 当然可以 我投我自己 |
| [21:30] | I vote for me. | 我投我自己 |
| [21:31] | – I vote for me. – I vote for me. | -我投我自己 -我投我自己 |
| [21:32] | High commander breaks the tie. I win. | 平局 结果由总指挥官来决定 我赢了 |
| [21:35] | Let’s vote again. This time I vote for Harry. | 我们重新投票 这次我投哈里 |
| [21:37] | This is America. You’ve got to wait four years. | 这是在美利坚 你们得等四年 |
| [21:39] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
| [21:42] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美利坚 |