时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hmm. I made the front page of the Daily Badgerian again. | 我又上了《每日獾报》头版 |
[00:07] | What’s it say? | 上面说什么了 |
[00:09] | “Physics professor calls Einstein ‘idiot…’ | 物理学教授称爱因斯坦是白痴 |
[00:14] | proclaims self much smarter.” | 号称自己聪明百倍 |
[00:18] | – Something smells divine. – It’s me. | -嗅到一丝神圣的味道 -是我 |
[00:22] | I just know it’s me. | 这屁是我放的 |
[00:28] | – Ooh, look at those clouds. – That one looks like me. | -看那堆云 -那一片看着像我 |
[00:32] | So does that one. | 那片也是 |
[00:35] | That one makes me look fat. | 那一片让我看着有点肥 |
[00:38] | That one looks like a poodle– | 那片看着像只狮子狗 |
[00:40] | a dark, menacing poodle. | 一只深色的 很凶的狮子狗 |
[00:43] | Yeah, it’s wheezing lightning. | 闪电是它的喘息 |
[00:46] | – I think we should go in. – Yeah. | -我们该进去了 -是啊 |
[00:48] | Harry? You coming? | 哈里 你进来吗 |
[00:50] | – Yeah, just a sec. – Don’t be long. | -马上 -别待太久 |
[00:53] | Hey! That cloud looks like a giant funnel | 那片云看着像只巨大的漏斗 |
[00:57] | with mobile homes stuck in it. | 里边塞了一座移动房屋 |
[01:00] | Oh, look! A flying cow! | 快看 一头飞牛 |
[01:12] | Dick! | 迪克 |
[01:24] | Where am I? | 我在哪呢 |
[01:28] | Who am I? | 我是谁呢 |
[02:06] | Mary! You’re here. I didn’t see your car. | 玛丽 你来了 我没看见你的车 |
[02:09] | – I have a new parking space. – Really? Where? | -我有了新的停车位 -是吗 在哪 |
[02:13] | – There. – Where? | -那儿 -哪儿 |
[02:15] | There. | 那儿 |
[02:19] | – What’s the matter? – It’s right there. | -怎么了 -就在那儿 |
[02:21] | In front of the building. | 就在楼跟前 |
[02:23] | I can almost smell your little pine tree. | 我都能闻到你车里的清新剂味道 |
[02:25] | – Yeah, it’s a great space, isn’t it? – I don’t understand. | -地方不错 是吧 -我不明白 |
[02:28] | The university should have offered it to me first. | 学校应该把这地方先给我啊 |
[02:31] | I’m the star of the faculty. | 我是教职工之星啊 |
[02:33] | I’m the one whose brain | 我的大脑 |
[02:34] | everyone wants to dissect for science. | 才是所有人想要解剖研究的 |
[02:36] | Right, for science. | 是啊 拿来研究 |
[02:39] | – I deserve it! – I have tenure! | -我应得的 -我是终身聘用啊 |
[02:42] | Oh, tenure! | 终身聘用 |
[02:43] | I suppose if someone sticks around | 我估计在这种 |
[02:45] | a third-rate university long enough, | 三流大学待的久了 |
[02:46] | they’d have to recognize her lack of drive somehow. | 学校不得不接受她没有上进心 |
[02:49] | – Dick, you’re overreacting. – I’m not overreacting. | -迪克 你反应过头了 -我没有反应过头 |
[02:53] | Overreacting would be going | 反应过头的话 |
[02:54] | straight to the president of the university | 我就会去校长那里 |
[02:55] | and telling him exactly how I feel. | 告诉他我怎么想的 |
[02:57] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[02:58] | Straight to the president of the university | 去校长那里 |
[03:00] | and telling him exactly how I feel! | 告诉他我怎么想的 |
[03:01] | Dick, it’s a parking space! | 迪克 就一个停车位 |
[03:03] | – You’re acting like a child. – Nuh-uh! | -别跟小孩似的 -我才没有 |
[03:05] | Yeah-huh! | 明明就有 |
[03:13] | Sit down. Tell me what’s on your mind. | 坐下来 告诉我你想说什么 |
[03:16] | President Dewey, a great injustice has been committed. | 杜威校长 刚发生了重大的不公事件 |
[03:19] | Oh? Have I been indicted? | 有人控告我吗 |
[03:21] | Worse. I don’t like my parking space. | 比这更糟 我不喜欢我的停车位 |
[03:24] | – Yes, that is troublesome. – I was thinking of something | -这可真烦 -我在考虑 |
[03:26] | along the lines of g-34. | G-34附近的那个位置 |
[03:28] | Now, that’s a good spot. I like that spot. | 那个位置不错 我喜欢那里 |
[03:30] | And you’re a good man. I like you. | 你是个好人 我喜欢你 |
[03:32] | What’s on your mind? | 你想说什么呢 |
[03:35] | – The space. – Oh, sorry. | -车位 -抱歉 |
[03:37] | That’s for tenured personnel only. | 那只能给终身聘用的员工 |
[03:39] | Then I order you to give me an even closer spot. | 那我命令你给我一个更近的位置 |
[03:42] | Dick, I’m gonna do you a favor. | 迪克 我来帮你一把 |
[03:44] | You’re giving me the space? | 你要给我那个车位吗 |
[03:45] | No, I’m gonna tell you a story. | 不 我给你讲个故事 |
[03:46] | – Can’t you see I’m upset? – You’re right, | -你看不出来我心情不好吗 -说的对 |
[03:48] | I’m going to let you do whatever you think is right. | 任何你认为对的事 我都允许你做 |
[03:51] | Well, then, I– I’m going to take the space. | 那我 我要那个停车位 |
[03:53] | Sorry, no can do. Cigar? | 抱歉 不行 雪茄? |
[03:56] | I’m warning you, | 我警告你 |
[03:58] | either you give me that space or I quit! | 要么你把那车位给我 要不我就辞职 |
[04:00] | Ah, I understand. | 我很理解 |
[04:01] | – What space are you in now? – X-17. Why? | -你现在用的哪个车位 -X-17 怎么 |
[04:03] | ‘Cause I’m giving that to my secretary. Bye, Dick. | 我打算把那车位给我秘书 拜拜迪克 |
[04:11] | All right, for starters, | 好的 首先 |
[04:13] | looks like the storm knocked off some shingles. | 似乎风暴打掉了一些屋顶板 |
[04:15] | – You lose anything else? – I don’t know. Like what? | -还有别的损失吗 -我不知道 例如呢 |
[04:18] | – Did you have any gutters? – No. | -之前有檐槽吗 -没 |
[04:19] | – Screens? – No. | -纱窗呢 -没 |
[04:21] | – Antennas? – No. | -天线呢 -没 |
[04:22] | Direct satellite TV? | 直播卫星电视 |
[04:25] | Yes. | 有 |
[04:28] | Um, excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[04:30] | Um, is this 417 Pensdale road? | 这里是彭斯代尔路417号吗 |
[04:35] | – Yeah. – Are you my wife? | -是啊 -你是我老婆吗 |
[04:39] | – No. – Ah. Good. | -不是 -那就好 |
[04:43] | Harry, you’re back! | 哈里 你回来了 |
[04:46] | Oh, we were so worried about you! | 我们可担心你了 |
[04:49] | Whoa! Are you my wife? | 哇 你是我老婆吗 |
[04:53] | Yeah, right. | 做梦去吧 |
[04:57] | Harry, we have been looking all over for you. | 哈里 我们到处找你 |
[05:00] | – Geez, Harry, you’re a mess. – Where have you been? | -天啊哈里 你简直一团糟 -你去哪了 |
[05:02] | Well, I’m not sure. | 我不是很清楚 |
[05:04] | My mind’s a complete blank. | 我脑子一片空白 |
[05:07] | – So then you’re fine. – Yeah. | -那你就没事了 -是啊 |
[05:09] | That’s a relief, honey. You go watch your stories. | 真是松了口气 亲爱的 去看你的故事书吧 |
[05:12] | I’ll make you some toast. | 我给你做点烤面包 |
[05:15] | No sofa? That’s weird. | 没有沙发 真奇怪 |
[05:23] | Mmm. High commander’s log book. | 总指挥官的日志 |
[05:27] | Well, this sounds interesting. | 听起来有点意思 |
[05:29] | January 9th. | 一月九日 |
[05:31] | We have successfully assumed human form | 我们成功地化为了人形 |
[05:34] | and have tricked the earthlings into thinking | 并成功骗得地球人认为 |
[05:36] | that we are of their species. | 我们是同一物种 |
[05:44] | Oh, my god! | 苍天呐 |
[05:48] | They’re aliens! | 他们是外星人 |
[05:57] | – You’ve got to be kidding. – Nope. I did it– | -你开什么玩笑 -没 真的 |
[05:59] | walked off the job, stuck it to the man, | 我辞了工作 甩给那家伙一句话 |
[06:02] | told him to kiss my hairy polenta. | 你大爷我不干了 |
[06:05] | – Bye now! – You can’t be serious. | -拜拜了 -你不是来真的吧 |
[06:09] | I couldn’t be more serious. Please, pass me Mr. Potato man. | 我就是来真的 拜托把薯头先生递给我 |
[06:13] | – Why are you doing this? – Because it’s not fair. | -你干吗这么做 -因为不公平 |
[06:16] | Well, life isn’t fair. | 生活本来就不公平 |
[06:18] | You could remedy that, Mary, by giving me the space. | 你可以解决这问题 玛丽 给我车位就行 |
[06:20] | That wouldn’t be fair to me. | 那对我就不公平了 |
[06:21] | Well, life isn’t fair. You said so yourself. | 生活本来就不公平 你自己说的 |
[06:23] | – Let it go, Dick. – Fine! | -别想了 迪克 -好吧 |
[06:26] | Uh, that’s university property. | 那是学校财产 |
[06:28] | Well, they should have thought of that | 把我的车位送人前 |
[06:30] | before giving away my parking space. | 他们就该想到会有这结果 |
[06:32] | Well, what are you gonna do now? | 那你现在打算做什么 |
[06:34] | Oh, don’t worry about me. | 别担心我 |
[06:35] | I give Dewey about 10 minutes before | 我给杜威十分钟时间 |
[06:38] | he comes crawling back to me. | 爬着回来求我 |
[06:43] | Nina, can you help me with the water cooler? | 尼娜 你能帮我拿一下饮水机吗 |
[07:02] | Dick. Dick! | 迪克 迪克 |
[07:05] | You have been sitting there for 10 days. | 你已经在这坐了十天了 |
[07:08] | For the last time, the university’s not gonna call. | 最后说一次 学校不会打给你的 |
[07:11] | Oh, they’ll call. | 他们会打的 |
[07:14] | They’ll call. And when they do, | 他们会打的 等他们打来的时候 |
[07:16] | this phone is gonna really, really ring. | 电话可就会非常非常响 |
[07:21] | I just wonder whether it’s worth | 就为了个破停车位 |
[07:23] | getting all meshuga over a parking space. | 值得搞的这么神叨叨的吗 |
[07:25] | Dick, I hate to interrupt the creep-fest, | 迪克 我不想打扰你发疯 |
[07:28] | but would you stop thinking of yourself for a minute | 但你能不能别老想着自己 |
[07:30] | and think of the mission? | 多想想任务 |
[07:32] | Oh, my god, they’re on a mission. | 天啊 他们有任务在身 |
[07:34] | I am the mission! | 我就是这任务 |
[07:36] | We came to this pitiful planet to | 我们来这苦逼的星球 |
[07:38] | experience the human condition, | 就是为了做人的 |
[07:40] | and from all that I can ascertain, | 根据我掌握的情况 |
[07:42] | the human condition requires | 做人的要求 |
[07:42] | nothing more than complete and | 无非就是完完全全 |
[07:45] | utter solipsistic self-absorption! | 彻彻底底的自我中心 |
[07:47] | And you can include that in your next transmission | 你下次向那个谁汇报的时候 |
[07:49] | to the you-know-who. | 可以把这加进去 |
[07:50] | Uh, who? | 谁 |
[07:52] | The big giant head! Haven’t you been listening? | 大头伟哥 你到底有没有在听 |
[07:55] | Oh, the big, giant, head… | 大头伟哥 |
[08:05] | Thank you for seeing me, father. | 谢谢你接见我 神父 |
[08:07] | I… didn’t know where else to turn. | 我 不知道还有何处可去 |
[08:10] | Well, that’s… | 这正是 |
[08:12] | why they pay me the big bucks, you know? | 我拿高薪的原因 |
[08:17] | Father, if someone– | 神父 如果有人 |
[08:19] | say, a family member– had helped you, | 例如家里人 帮助过你 |
[08:22] | cared for you, given you shelter, | 关心你 给你庇护 |
[08:24] | and you knew something terrible about them, | 而你知道关于他们的坏事 |
[08:27] | it’d be okay to turn them over to the authorities | 向官方告发他们 |
[08:30] | for dissection, wouldn’t it? | 拿去解剖两下 应该没问题吧 |
[08:32] | – Are they dangerous? – I don’t know! | -他们危险吗 -我不知道 |
[08:36] | I’m so alone and confused! | 我好孤独 还很迷惑 |
[08:41] | You are not alone. | 你不孤独啊 |
[08:44] | There’s someone up there | 上面有一个人 |
[08:46] | who’s watching over everything you do… | 看着你做每一件事 |
[08:49] | at all times. | 随时随地 |
[08:52] | There is? | 有吗 |
[08:53] | Is this person called “the big, giant head”? | 那个人是不是叫做大头伟哥 |
[08:59] | – He goes by many names. – And you know him? | -他有很多名字 -你认识他 |
[09:02] | Know him? I work for him. | 认识他? 我给他干活呢 |
[09:09] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[09:11] | – Well, thank you for your time. – It’s funny– | -感谢你接待我 -很有趣 |
[09:19] | Oh, my god! | 苍天呐 |
[09:21] | They’re everywhere! | 他们无处不在 |
[09:31] | We’re out of cereal. | 我们没麦片了 |
[09:36] | We’re out of milk. | 我们没牛奶了 |
[09:37] | We’re out of money. | 我们没钱了 |
[09:39] | No milk? What am I gonna use in my coffee? | 没牛奶 那我咖啡里该放什么 |
[09:42] | No problem. We’re out of coffee too. | 没问题的 我们连咖啡也没了 |
[09:45] | Harry keeps drinking it. | 哈里一直不停地喝咖啡 |
[09:47] | It’s like he’s afraid to go to sleep. | 像是害怕睡觉 |
[09:49] | Harry? Harry, come in here. | 哈里 哈里 进来 |
[09:51] | – Are you feeling all right? – Fine. I’m fine. | -你还好吧 -很好 很好 |
[09:54] | When I’m fine, I’m fine. How are you? ‘Cause I’m fine. | 我说我好那就是好 你怎么样 我很好 |
[09:59] | Tommy, go tuck Harry in bed. See that he gets some sleep. | 汤米 把哈里送上床 得看着他睡着 |
[10:02] | No! No, no. | 不 不不 |
[10:04] | No, I’m fine. | 不 我很好 |
[10:10] | Well, I guess this has been kind of tough on all of us. | 这对我们大家来说都挺困难的 |
[10:13] | Dick, why don’t you just apologize and get your job back? | 迪克 你干嘛不去道歉 把工作要回来 |
[10:16] | Apologize? Should the Venus De Milo | 道歉 维纳斯女神像会向那个 |
[10:19] | apologize to the thug who broke its arms off? No! | 把她双臂弄断的坏蛋道歉吗 不会 |
[10:22] | Should the sphinx apologize to the desert winds | 狮身人面像会向侵蚀它鼻子的 |
[10:25] | for eroding its nose? No! | 沙漠风道歉吗 不会 |
[10:27] | Should Jim Carrey apologize to America | 金·凯瑞会为了《王牌特派员》 |
[10:29] | for “The Cable Guy”? | 向美国道歉吗 |
[10:38] | Perhaps. | 倒有可能 |
[10:40] | No, I’m not gonna apologize. | 不 我才不要道歉 |
[10:42] | I can play their waiting game. | 我可以跟他们玩这个等待的游戏 |
[10:43] | Yeah, well, if you want to play the eating game, | 那如果你想玩吃饭的游戏 |
[10:45] | you’ve got to do something. | 就得找活干 |
[10:47] | Oh, I plan to. I’m gonna get myself a new job, | 有此计划 我打算找份新工作 |
[10:49] | a job worthy of me! | 值得我干的工作 |
[10:51] | Oh, really? And where would that be? | 是吗 那是在哪里 |
[10:52] | In America, land of opportunity! | 在美国 在这机遇之地 |
[10:58] | Welcome to Rusty’s. How may I serve you? | 欢迎光临拉斯提汉堡 您要点些什么呢 |
[11:01] | – How do you make your burgers? – Excellent question. | -你们的汉堡怎么做的 -这个问题非常好 |
[11:04] | First a clamp comes down onto the cow’s head, | 首先一只大钳子落到牛头上 |
[11:07] | forcing it onto a conveyor belt, | 让它上传输带 |
[11:09] | where a prod is inserted into the cow’s rectum, | 接着铁棍儿会插入牛的直肠 |
[11:12] | electrocuting it. | 电到它上西天 |
[11:14] | – Give me two. – Thank you. | -来两个 -谢谢您 |
[11:17] | And remember, at Rusty’s, | 请记住在拉斯提汉堡 |
[11:20] | E. Coli is not on the menu. | 我们可不供应大肠杆菌 |
[11:23] | Stop saying that! | 别再说这话了 |
[11:25] | – Welcome to Rusty’s. – Rusty burger and a monster fries. | -欢迎光临拉斯提汉堡 -招牌汉堡和粗薯条 |
[11:30] | – Very well. – Solomon, | -好的 -所罗门 |
[11:32] | you’re supposed to ask him | 你该问他 |
[11:34] | if he wants a fried apple pie with that. | 要不要再来一个油炸苹果派 |
[11:36] | But Dougy, I can’t. I mean, just look at him. | 可我开不了口 道奇 你看看他 |
[11:39] | The rusty burger alone is enough to give him a coronary. | 一个招牌汉堡就足以让他得冠心病了 |
[11:41] | The fried pie will be the death blow! | 油炸派会直接让他挂掉 |
[11:43] | Look, I didn’t go to hamburger college to | 听着 我可没去过什么汉堡包大学 |
[11:46] | take crap from you. | 跟你学些狗屁 |
[11:48] | Hamburger college. | 汉堡包大学[麦当劳开办的] |
[11:50] | They’re not by chance | 他们该不会 |
[11:51] | looking for a physics professor, are they? | 凑巧在寻找一位物理教授吧 |
[11:53] | It’s a hamburger school! | 人家是教做汉堡的 |
[11:56] | Once again, I find myself at the mercy | 我再一次虎落平阳 |
[11:58] | of someone I wouldn’t let pick my nose. | 差遣我的人连给我掏鼻孔都不够格 |
[12:01] | I’m the most qualified. I’m the smartest. | 我最有资历 我最聪明 |
[12:03] | I should be running Rusty’s! | 该由我来管理拉斯提汉堡 |
[12:04] | That’s it. You’re off register. | 够了 你别站收银台了 |
[12:06] | Report immediately to the drive-thru window. | 立刻给我去”得来速”窗口 |
[12:09] | Demoted? Dougy, no! | 降级 道奇 别啊 |
[12:16] | Well, I don’t know if I could come back to the university. | 我不知道我能不能回来大学 |
[12:20] | No. Well, I am deeply hurt. | 不 我很受伤知道吗 |
[12:25] | I don’t care how much you beg. I am not coming back. | 不管你如何乞求 我都不会回来了 |
[12:29] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[12:33] | Well, to be honest, I’m entertaining | 老实说吧 就跟你说话这会儿 |
[12:35] | some very interesting offers even as we speak. | 我这都有好几份入职邀请等着呢 |
[12:40] | Well, you’d better get going, Dick. | 你得出门了 迪克 |
[12:42] | You know how Dougy hates it when you’re late. | 道奇很讨厌你迟到 |
[12:44] | I’ll go, as soon as I find my hat. | 这就走 找到帽子就出门 |
[12:47] | Uh, you’re wearing your hat. | 你戴着帽子呢 |
[12:48] | Don’t… be ridiculous. | 别 胡扯了 |
[12:51] | Don’t you think I’d know if I were wearing my own hat? | 如果我戴着帽子 自己会不知道吗 |
[12:53] | Ah! There it is. | 在这呢 |
[12:56] | Yes, operator, | 喂 接线员 |
[12:58] | you have to listen very carefully. | 你得听仔细了 |
[13:01] | I’m at 417 Pensdale Road, | 我在彭斯代尔路417号 |
[13:04] | and I’m surrounded by aliens. | 周围全是外星人 |
[13:09] | I need to talk to the president of the united states. | 我得跟总统讲话 |
[13:14] | Yeah, I know I need help. That’s why I’m calling. | 我知道我需要帮助 所以我才打电话呀 |
[13:17] | Hello. | 喂 |
[13:19] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:21] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:25] | They’ve gotten to the phone company too. | 他们把电话公司也拿下了 |
[13:34] | Thank you for making Rusty’s a part of your day. | 谢谢您选择拉斯提汉堡 |
[13:45] | Hello, Bug, Pitman. | 你们好 小虫 皮特曼 |
[13:48] | Welcome to Rusty’s. How may I serve you? | 欢迎光临拉斯提汉堡 您要点些什么 |
[13:50] | We just wanted to come in and see if you were | 我们就是来看看你 |
[13:52] | really flippin’ patties in the hamburger freak-out ward. | 是不是真的在这个汉堡集中营卖大饼 |
[13:55] | You insolent little twerps! I should– | 你个无礼的小笨蛋 我该… |
[13:57] | Well, what do we have here? A customer satisfaction card. | 这是什么呢 顾客满意度卡片 |
[14:02] | “Rate the performance of your server.” | 给你的服务员打分 |
[14:06] | “F.” | 不及格 |
[14:08] | Thank you for making Rusty’s a part of your day. | 谢谢您选择拉斯提汉堡 |
[14:17] | So this is where the great minds of Rutherford go | 这就是拉瑟福镇的大学者 |
[14:20] | when they’re feeling underappreciated? | 不受重视的时候来的地方 |
[14:21] | – Hello, Mary. – Hello, Dick. | -好啊 玛丽 -你好 迪克 |
[14:22] | I see they’ve got you back behind the register. | 看来他们把你调回收银台了 |
[14:25] | No, I’m just covering for Maurice– | 没有 我在帮毛里斯顶班 |
[14:27] | He’s out back having a smoke. | 他出去抽烟了 |
[14:30] | A man of your brilliance | 你这个大天才 |
[14:32] | quitting his job over a stupid parking space! | 为了一个烂车位就辞了工作 |
[14:36] | – If it’s so stupid, why don’t you give it to me? – Never. | -如果真那么烂 你干嘛不给我 -休想 |
[14:38] | – Ah-ha! So you admit it’s important. – I admit nothing. | -那么你承认它很重要了 -我没承认什么 |
[14:40] | Give me a rusty dog, no onions. | 给我个招牌热狗 不要洋葱 |
[14:46] | Would you like a fried pie with that? | 你要再来个派吗 |
[14:49] | – Yes. – No, Mary, don’t do it! | -好的 -别啊 玛丽 别这样 |
[14:51] | Give me the pie. | 给我个派 |
[14:53] | Mary, you have your whole life ahead of you! | 玛丽 你还有大好人生 |
[14:55] | Oh, Dick, why are you doing this to yourself? | 迪克 你干嘛这么糟践自己 |
[14:59] | Can’t you just come back? | 就不能回来吗 |
[15:00] | No, Mary. I have my pride! | 不 玛丽 我有我的骄傲 |
[15:06] | So you’re working at Rusty’s. | 所以你要在拉斯提汉堡工作 |
[15:09] | Yes, they have some | 是 他们这有 |
[15:10] | wonderful opportunities for advancement here. | 很好的发展机会 |
[15:12] | Did you know that the fry man who used to work here | 你知不知道原来在这工作的一个厨师 |
[15:15] | is now a multimillionaire? | 后来成了千万富翁 |
[15:16] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[15:17] | He lost his arm in the patty press and got a great lawyer. | 胳膊被压肉饼机弄残后 请了位好律师 |
[15:23] | All right, gentlemen, prepare yourself for a fancy feast. | 好了 先生们 准备好来顿盛宴吧 |
[15:28] | – Fancy feast? Can we afford that? – Yes, we can. | -盛宴 我们有这钱吗 -有的 |
[15:30] | Because while I was shopping today, | 我今天购物的时候 |
[15:32] | I found this aisle in the back | 发现后面过道的货架上 |
[15:33] | that had these unbelievable savings– | 出售这些超级便宜货 |
[15:35] | tuna, liver, and new seafood | 金枪鱼 肝脏 新鲜的海产品 |
[15:38] | blend for you finicky types. | 为你挑剔的胃口而特制 |
[15:41] | Wait a minute. You’re feeding us cat? | 等一下 你让我们吃猫吗 |
[15:44] | It’s not cat, Tommy, it’s salmon. | 不是猫 汤米 是三文鱼 |
[15:46] | There’s just a picture of a cat on the label. | 就是商标上有猫的图案罢了 |
[15:49] | The best part is, | 最爽的是 |
[15:50] | next to the food they had these adorable little gifts. | 在食物旁边还有这些可爱的小礼物 |
[15:52] | Look. | 看 |
[15:58] | I’ve never been happier in my life! | 我从没这么开心过 |
[16:01] | I was playing with it today, | 我今天玩的时候 |
[16:03] | and it got stuck behind the refrigerator, | 它卡在了冰箱后面 |
[16:04] | and I went nuts trying to get it! | 我为了拿到它简直都发疯了 |
[16:16] | Hello? Hello– | 有人吗 有人吗 |
[16:23] | I’ve been awake for 16 days. | 我已经十六天没睡了 |
[16:28] | That must be a record. | 肯定破记录了 |
[16:30] | So, I’ve got to know, | 我得知道 |
[16:32] | are you one of them? | 你是他们一伙的吗 |
[16:34] | I’m just going to step out of this closet now. | 我现在要从衣橱出去了 |
[16:39] | If you are who you say you are, | 如果你是自己所号称的人 |
[16:41] | then who won the world series in 1956? | 那么1956年职业棒球赛的赢家是哪个队 |
[16:45] | Huh? Huh? Who? Who? Huh? Huh? | 啊 哪个队 哪个 |
[16:47] | – I don’t know! – I don’t know either! | -我不知道 -我也不知道 |
[16:57] | Oh, I see what it’s come to. | 我知道你什么意思了 |
[16:59] | You’re too good for a Rusty’s man. | 卖汉堡的家伙配不上你 |
[17:01] | No– | 不 |
[17:03] | Dick, it’s not what you think it is. | 迪克 事情不是你想的那样 |
[17:08] | I’m not sure what it was. | 我不是很确定到底是什么样 |
[17:10] | I only came by to tell you that | 我过来是想跟你说 |
[17:13] | I spoke with president Dewey, | 我跟杜威校长谈了 |
[17:14] | and he’s willing to meet with you. | 他愿意见你 |
[17:15] | Never! I have my pride. | 绝不 我有我的骄傲 |
[17:17] | All right. All right, keep your pride. | 好吧 好吧 维持你的骄傲 |
[17:19] | Suffer all you want. But what about your family? | 愿受罪就受罪 可你的家人呢 |
[17:22] | There’s nothing wrong with my family. | 我的家庭没有问题 |
[17:24] | Your son is eating cat food! | 你儿子在吃猫食 |
[17:28] | Cat food? | 猫食 |
[17:39] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说的对 |
[17:41] | I’m beginning to wonder if I was rash, | 我开始考虑我是不是有点冒失了 |
[17:43] | quitting my job over a parking space. | 为了一个停车位就辞了工作 |
[17:45] | Stop wondering. | 别考虑了 |
[17:48] | I can’t help thinking that it was my pride | 我不得不认为是我的骄傲 |
[17:51] | that clouded my judgment. | 阻碍了我的判断 |
[17:52] | Stop thinking. It did. | 别认为了 是的 |
[17:54] | Was it folly or sheer idiocy | 究竟是愚蠢 还是纯粹的愚昧 |
[17:57] | that led to my downfall? | 导致了我的衰败 |
[17:58] | – Folly. – Idiocy. | -愚蠢 -愚昧 |
[17:59] | No, I change my vote to “idiocy.” | 不 我改投给愚昧 |
[18:05] | – Hello, president Dewey. – Hello, Mary. | -你好 杜威校长 -你好 玛丽 |
[18:08] | Dr. Solomon and I– Dick! | 所罗门教授和我 迪克 |
[18:13] | Hello, president Dewey. | 你好 杜威校长 |
[18:15] | And thank you, Dr. Albright, for announcing me. | 谢谢欧布莱特教授通报我的到达 |
[18:19] | I believe you have something to say to president Dewey. | 我想你有事要和杜威校长谈 |
[18:22] | I would like to discuss | 我想谈谈 |
[18:24] | the terms under which I will return to Pendleton. | 我回到潘德顿大学的条件 |
[18:27] | He wants to drop the parking thing. | 他打算忘掉停车位那事 |
[18:29] | That’s good to hear. | 非常好 |
[18:30] | And in return, you will admit that you were wrong | 相应地 你要承认你错了 |
[18:32] | and that this university was falling apart without me. | 并且这所学校因为没有我而分崩离析 |
[18:35] | – Or not. – We’re getting along very well without you. | -不用也行 -没有你我们运转的很好 |
[18:39] | – Thank you and good-bye. – Oh, no. | -谢谢 再见 -别啊 |
[18:42] | President Dewey, | 杜威校长 |
[18:42] | Dr. Solomon is aware of how pathetic he’s been over the past | 所罗门教授意识到他这段时间非常悲惨 |
[18:46] | Mary– Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary. This is beneath you. | 玛丽 玛丽 玛丽 这与你无关 |
[18:48] | Why don’t you wait outside, | 你还是出去等一会吧 |
[18:50] | and I’ll settle this on my own terms, all right? | 让我以自己的方式来解决 好吗 |
[18:55] | Please! | 求你了 |
[18:57] | Please take me back! | 求你让我回来吧 |
[19:00] | – Sorry, can’t do it. – Please! Please! | -抱歉 不可能 -求你了 求你了 |
[19:02] | I’ll do anything! Just name it! | 我做什么都行 只要你开口 |
[19:04] | – You can apologize. – You want me to apologize? | -你可以道歉 -你想让我道歉 |
[19:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:09] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry! | 对不起 对不起对不起 |
[19:11] | Fine, you can begin tomorrow. | 好吧 你可以从明天开始 |
[19:14] | In my new parking spot? | 从我的新停车位开始? |
[19:16] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry! | 对不起 对不起对不起 |
[19:28] | So, Dick, any problems getting your job back? | 迪克 要回工作时遇到什么困难了没 |
[19:31] | Are you kidding? He begged me. | 你开什么玩笑 他求我来着 |
[19:34] | Well, he didn’t “beg,” beg, | 当然了 他没有哀求的”求” |
[19:37] | but it was clear enough. | 不过差不多就那意思了 |
[19:38] | I take it you didn’t get the space either. | 我猜你也没有要到停车位 |
[19:41] | Not the “space” space. | 车位的”位”的确没有 |
[19:43] | – But you know, I learned something very important. – What? | -不过 我学到了非常重要的事 -什么 |
[19:46] | That even if you’re the high commander and brilliant, | 即使你是总指挥官 智慧非凡 |
[19:50] | there’s still time for a little humility. | 依然可以适时地谦卑一下 |
[19:52] | Thankfully, that time is now over. | 谢天谢地 低头做人的日子已经过去了 |
[19:55] | Ah, dinner! | 晚餐 |
[19:57] | Let’s eat, Harry. | 吃了 哈里 |
[19:59] | Did you just say, “let’s eat Harry”? | 你刚刚说 吃了哈里 |
[20:03] | Yeah, we’re hungry, so it’s time to eat, Harry. | 是啊 我们都饿了 所以该吃了 哈里 |
[20:06] | “Eat Harry.” | 吃了哈里 |
[20:08] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[20:11] | Could I just have a moment, please? | 我能再待会吗 |
[20:13] | Whatever. | 随你便 |
[20:17] | Would you hurry it up? I’m starving. | 你能快点吗 我都饿死了 |
[20:25] | That was a close one. | 好险 |
[20:43] | Mmm, my favorite! | 我最爱吃的 |
[20:45] | Meat loaf deluxe-O. | 豪华大肉饼 |
[20:48] | Well, Harry, we haven’t had that | 哈里 迪克三周前辞工作后 |
[20:51] | since Dick quit his job three weeks ago. | 这菜就没上过桌了 |
[20:53] | Dick quit his job? | 迪克辞了工作 |
[20:55] | Yeah, why do you think he was working at Rusty’s? | 你以为他为什么会去拉斯提汉堡工作 |
[20:58] | Dick was working at Rusty’s? | 迪克去了拉斯提汉堡工作吗 |
[21:01] | Geez, Harry, don’t you know anything? | 老天 哈里 你什么都不知道啊 |
[21:04] | No. All I know is, | 不 我就知道 |
[21:05] | I got a transmitter in my head | 我脑子里有个发射机 |
[21:07] | and Charlie’s angels is on weeknights at 7:00. | 还有《霹雳娇娃》每晚七点播放 |
[21:12] | Oh, my god! It’s 7:00 now! | 天啊 已经七点了 |
[21:24] | Mmm, thanks for the ride this morning. | 谢谢你今早开车送我 |
[21:26] | Oh, I couldn’t let you walk. It’s pouring. | 我可不能让你走路 下着大雨呢 |
[21:33] | – How’s your new parking spot? – Awful! | -新的停车位如何 -糟透了 |
[21:36] | My house is closer. Dewey is gonna hear about this. | 我家都比它近 我得找杜威说道说道 |
[21:39] | And after that, for lunch, I’ll have | 在那之后 我的午餐嘛 |
[21:41] | a rusty burger with fries. | 拉斯提招牌汉堡和薯条 |
[21:46] | Actually, it’s not so bad. | 其实也没有那么差啦 |