时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Dick, I need a favor. | 迪克 我需要你的帮助 |
[00:15] | Uh, not now, Tommy. I’m doing research. | 现在不行 汤米 我正在做实验 |
[00:16] | I’m finding out what happens when the spit hits the fan. | 我在研究当口水碰到扇叶时会发生什么 |
[00:21] | No, Dick, look, | 够了 迪克 听着 |
[00:23] | this is important. | 这很重要 |
[00:25] | – Take a look at this. – Actors on acting? | -看看这个 -《表演艺术》 |
[00:28] | Yeah. You know how you’re always trying to find new ways | 对 你不是一直在试图用新的方式 |
[00:31] | to explore the human feelings? | 来探索人类情感吗 |
[00:32] | Ah, “using your emotional memory, | 用上你的情绪记忆 |
[00:35] | the search for emotional truth | 来进行对情感真实性的探索 |
[00:36] | will stimulate your emotional juices.” | 将会刺激你的情感兴奋 |
[00:38] | “Emotional juices”? | 情感兴奋 |
[00:40] | I love my juices. This is exciting! | 我爱我的兴奋 这真令人振奋 |
[00:43] | Yeah, I knew you’d like it. | 就知道你会喜欢 |
[00:44] | That’s why I volunteered you to direct our school play. | 正因如此 我举荐你来导演我们的校园剧 |
[00:46] | Me, direct? As in, control? | 我做导演 就是指挥吗 |
[00:48] | Yeah, it’s Romeo and Juliet. | 正是 我们要演《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[00:50] | August wants to play Juliet, and if you direct, | 奥古斯特想扮演朱丽叶 如果你当导演 |
[00:52] | – you can cast me as Romeo. – I’ll do it! | -你就能指派我扮演罗密欧了 -交给我了 |
[00:56] | That’s so great, | 那太好了 |
[00:57] | ’cause there are some major make-out scenes. | 因为剧中有一些成人亲热场景 |
[01:00] | And also some really powerful emotional stuff. | 当然还有一些震撼的感情戏 |
[01:03] | I get to die. | 我将死去 |
[01:05] | I can just see it now on the marquee– | 我仿佛能看到戏院门口的大招牌写道 |
[01:08] | “Dick Solomon directs a Dick Solomon production | “迪克·所罗门版罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[01:11] | of Dick Solomon’s Romeo and Juliet.” | 由迪克·所罗门导演出品” |
[01:14] | Yeah, whatever. | 随便你了 |
[01:16] | “Naturally, an actor | “当然 一个演员 |
[01:18] | must play the truth of the scene | 必须演出场景的真实性 |
[01:19] | and not indulge in emotion for its own sake.” | 而不是盲目的沉溺在自身的情感之中” |
[01:22] | Well, anyone knows that. | 这谁都知道 |
[01:24] | I didn’t know you were interested in acting. | 我不知道你还对表演有兴趣 |
[01:26] | Well, yes, I am, but what I really want to do is direct. | 我是有兴趣 不过我真正想做的是导演 |
[01:30] | I’m not saying that I couldn’t act. | 我可没说我不能表演 |
[01:32] | I could be very convincing. Light comedy– | 我演技逼真 轻喜剧 |
[01:37] | horror– | 惊悚剧 |
[01:40] | tragedy. | 悲剧 |
[01:43] | – Morning. – Look, Mary! | -早上好 -看 玛丽 |
[01:46] | I’m distraught! | 我心如刀割 |
[01:49] | Or am I? | 真是这样吗 |
[01:52] | – Okay. You have a registered letter. – Oh, what is it? | -你有封挂号信 -是什么 |
[01:58] | Damn, damn, damn! | 该死 该死 真该死 |
[02:00] | I owe $1,500 in parking tickets. | 我欠了1500美元的停车罚单 |
[02:04] | So they finally caught up with you. | 他们终于逮住你了 |
[02:06] | Guess I’ll have to dip into my savings. | 看来我只能动用存款了 |
[02:09] | Oh, no, no, I couldn’t bear to let you do that. | 不 不行 这样我于心何忍 |
[02:11] | I’ll pay them. | 让我来付罚款 |
[02:12] | – You will? – No. I’m acting! | -真的 -假的 我在表演 |
[02:53] | Thaw, and resolve itself into a dew… | 消散 化成一堆露水… |
[02:57] | Dick! Dick, guess what? | 迪克 迪克 你猜怎么了 |
[02:59] | Ms. Dubcek’s giving me all her old junk. | 杜布切克太太把她的旧货都给我了 |
[03:03] | Yeah, I’ve got some friends dropping by | 有些朋友要来 |
[03:06] | I haven’t seen in 10 years. I’m cleaning out the place. | 十年没见了 我在清理这地方 |
[03:08] | There’s some really great stuff in here. | 内容丰富 惊喜不断哦 |
[03:12] | Dr. Solomon, if you want to come down, | 所罗门教授 如果你愿意 |
[03:14] | I’ll let you rummage through my tchotchkes. | 也可以下楼扫扫货 挑几件小玩意儿 |
[03:17] | Oh, I’m– I’m flattered, Mrs. Dubcek, | 我受宠若惊 杜布切克太太 |
[03:19] | but I think of you more as a friend. | 但我只把你当朋友 |
[03:23] | What are you watching? | 你在看什么 |
[03:24] | Oh, it’s Hamlet with Lawrence Oliver. | 劳伦斯·奥利弗版《哈姆雷特》 |
[03:27] | I’ve watched it three times already. | 我已经看了三遍了 |
[03:29] | Huh. I like the way he makes his voice | 我喜欢他的发音 |
[03:31] | – go up and down like that. – I know. | -音调有起有伏 -不错 |
[03:34] | It makes everything he says sound so… | 字字句句都极为… |
[03:36] | Fruity? | 好笑 |
[03:38] | No, important! | 不是 是铿锵 |
[03:42] | Hey, guys. You still watching that stuff? | 嘿 伙计们 你们还在看那玩意儿 |
[03:45] | It’s not “stuff,” it’s Hamlet. | 这不是玩意儿 这是《哈姆雷特》 |
[03:47] | Yeah, but why do they have to talk that way? | 好吧 但他们为什么要像这样说话 |
[03:49] | I can’t follow the story. | 我都不知道在讲什么 |
[03:50] | Hamlet? The story is as old as time. | 《哈姆雷特》 一个古老的故事 |
[03:52] | Pretty-boy son has a rich daddy and a good-looking mommy. | 有个帅小伙 家有富爸靓妈 |
[03:55] | The uncle knocks off daddy, marries mommy, | 他被叔叔弑父夺母 |
[03:58] | and he cuts pretty boy out of the action. | 然后把帅小伙驱逐了 |
[04:02] | So junior goes crazy and he kills them all. | 然后小伙发了疯 把他们全杀了 |
[04:05] | Not a pretty story, but there it is. | 故事不甚美好 但世事本如此 |
[04:12] | Isn’t that the plot to the Lion King? | 那不是《狮子王》的剧情吗 |
[04:17] | Oh, please! | 拜托 |
[04:20] | I need your help, Don. I’m in a bit of a scrape. | 我需要你的帮助 唐 我有一点小麻烦 |
[04:23] | Figures. Dames like you always attract trouble. | 不奇怪 您这样的小姐就是惹祸精 |
[04:27] | I got another parking ticket . | 我又得到一张停车罚单 |
[04:29] | Can you fix it, Don, or… | 你能搞定它吗 唐 或者 |
[04:31] | am I leaning too hard? | 我是不是靠得太近了 |
[04:35] | Go ahead and lean, baby. | 继续靠 宝贝 |
[04:37] | Don’ll make the ticket go away. | 唐会把罚单搞定 |
[04:40] | You can make parking tickets disappear? | 你能让停车罚单消失 |
[04:42] | Of course he can. Don has connections downtown. | 当然他可以 唐在市里有关系 |
[04:45] | I have a friend who has some parking tickets. | 我的一个朋友有几张停车罚单 |
[04:47] | – I can’t always– – Don can fix it, right? | -我不能总是… -唐能搞定的 是吧 |
[04:49] | – Well, uh– – Right? | -这个… -是吧 |
[04:51] | – Sure. – Oh, this is just great! | -那当然 -这太好了 |
[04:54] | Oh, I can’t wait to tell Mary. | 我等不及要告诉玛丽了 |
[05:14] | Some of you will not be cast. | 你们中的一些将会落选 |
[05:17] | Those will be the lucky ones. | 那些人其实是十分幸运的 |
[05:20] | Over the long and grueling rehearsal period, | 在漫长又劳累的排练期间 |
[05:22] | I will be your director, your teacher, your mentor, | 我将会是你们的导演 老师 以及导师 |
[05:25] | your mother, your father, your lover! | 你们的母亲 父亲 以及爱人 |
[05:30] | My assistant, Nina, will read your names. | 我的助手 尼娜 将会报出你们的名字 |
[05:34] | – Nina? – Okay, um, | -尼娜 -好吧 |
[05:35] | Timothy Mafferty– He’s reading Mercutio. | 蒂莫西·马非提 他将朗诵茂丘西奥的台词 |
[05:38] | “True, I talk of dreams, which– | “对了 梦本来是…” |
[05:42] | Yes, yes, yes, of course. | 好 好 好 不错 |
[05:44] | But have you tried it like this? | 但你有没有试过这样 |
[05:46] | Make your voice go high, and then suddenly bring it down. | 把你的声调提高 然后突然地降低 |
[05:50] | Here. “True, I speak of dreams | 这样 “对了 梦本来是 |
[05:53] | which are but children of an idle brain, | 痴人脑中的胡思乱想 |
[05:57] | begot of nothing but vain fan……tasy.” | 只能招致徒劳的虚幻” |
[06:01] | From now on, I want everyone to try to speak that way. | 从现在起 我希望大家都尝试这样说话 |
[06:03] | Oh, oh, and use your hands a lot. | 还有要多做手势 |
[06:05] | We’re acting. Remember that. | 我们在表演 这点要记住 |
[06:07] | Remind me never to ask you for another favor again. | 以后打死我也不会再叫你帮忙了 |
[06:10] | You weren’t right for the role. | 你不适合那个角色 |
[06:11] | Hey, How’d the audition go? | 嘿 试镜怎么样了 |
[06:13] | I lost the part. | 我没能当选那角色 |
[06:14] | The director didn’t think I was good enough. | 导演认为我不够好 |
[06:16] | You were good. | 你很不错了 |
[06:17] | You had delivery, presence, timing. | 表演风格 气质 节奏的把握 |
[06:19] | You just didn’t have that indefinable something extra. | 但你还缺少一些难以言状的东西 |
[06:22] | I was just trying to score some points | 我只不过想和女朋友 |
[06:24] | with my girlfriend. Is that too much to ask? | 有机会亲热下 这要求很过分吗 |
[06:26] | Romeo and Juliet is a Shakespearian tragedy. | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是一部莎士比亚悲剧 |
[06:29] | It has nothing to do with | 一个饥渴的少年 |
[06:30] | a horny teenager and his girlfriend. | 和他女朋友与之毫无关系 |
[06:37] | Go ahead, Dr. Albright. | 说吧 欧布莱特教授 |
[06:39] | Hello, Don. Dr. Solomon | 你好 唐 所罗门教授 |
[06:41] | thought you might be able to help me with this. | 说你也许能帮我解决这个 |
[06:43] | Well, I have been known to bend a few– | 大家都知道我能处理 |
[06:48] | you have $1,500 in fines. | 你竟有1500美元的罚款 |
[06:50] | And, poof, they’re gone. | 弹指一挥 就没有了 |
[06:52] | I can’t “poof” this many tickets. | 我”挥”不掉这么大数目的罚单 |
[06:54] | One more, and she’d be in handcuffs. | 再多一个 她就会被拘捕了 |
[06:56] | – I was going to pay them. – What happened? | -我本来要去付罚款的 -结果呢 |
[06:59] | I didn’t. | 我没付 |
[07:00] | Well, maybe if you got a lenient judge, | 如果你碰到一个仁慈的法官 |
[07:03] | he might reduce the fine. | 他可能会减少罚款 |
[07:05] | Your court date is on the 27th. | 你将于27号出席庭审 |
[07:08] | Twenty-seventh– oh. | 27号 噢 |
[07:11] | Judge Debelko. | 德伯克法官 |
[07:13] | – Sounds bad. Is it bad? – It’s bad. | -听起来很糟糕 是吗 -是很糟糕 |
[07:15] | You’d be better off with judge Conti. | 你碰到康迪法官会好一点 |
[07:18] | Now, when I go to court, should I apologize to judge Conti | 上了法庭 我是该向康迪法官道歉呢 |
[07:21] | or just show some remorse? | 还是诚心悔改就可以了呢 |
[07:23] | Actually, it might be helpful if you’d show some cleavage. | 事实上 如果你露点乳沟可能还比较管用 |
[07:28] | – He can’t be serious. – Trust me. | -他在开玩笑吧 -相信我 |
[07:30] | We’re gonna paint your face and hike your puppies. | 我们给你化个妆 再托个胸 |
[07:32] | I know what I’m doing. Right Don? | 这个我很拿手 对吧 唐 |
[07:36] | “O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou”– | “罗密欧 罗密欧 为什么你是” |
[07:40] | Yes, yes. Very lovely. | 好 好 非常可爱 |
[07:47] | Darling, what are you playing? Fear, love, lust? | 你在表现什么 恐惧 爱意 欲望 |
[07:50] | Because the audience is playing boredom. | 观众已经表现出”无聊”了 |
[07:53] | I’m playing Juliet, | 我在扮演朱丽叶 |
[07:56] | and it’s really hard for me to concentrate when you– | 我真的很难集中精神 你总是… |
[07:58] | Props? Where’s props? | 道具师 道具师在哪儿 |
[08:00] | – What? – This candlestick | -什么 -这烛台 |
[08:01] | is 18th-century English. | 是十八世纪英国风格的 |
[08:04] | – Shakespeare was English. – True. | -莎士比亚是英国人 -没错 |
[08:07] | But the play is set in Verona. | 但这戏的背景是维罗纳[意大利] |
[08:10] | Please, Tommy, I’m struggling | 拜托 汤米 我正费尽心思 |
[08:11] | to wring a performance out of this | 想帮这群不入流的 |
[08:12] | ragtag company of mannequins | 来自初中女生部的瓷娃娃 |
[08:14] | from the junior miss department. I can’t do your job too. | 发掘点演技 我不能把你的工作也做了 |
[08:16] | In the future I suggest you leave it lay. | 我建议你以后还是别干这行了 |
[08:19] | Now, everyone watch once again | 现在 每个人再看我 |
[08:20] | as I act out the play in its entirety. | 将这部戏完整地演一遍 |
[08:25] | Nina, Nina, read me in. | 尼娜 尼娜 念过渡旁白 |
[08:30] | Curtain rises. A big, pompous blowhard | 帷幕升起 一个自大骄傲的吹牛大家 |
[08:34] | flounces onto the stage. | 气冲冲地走上舞台 |
[08:44] | Listen, I’m really sorry | 听着 我真是很抱歉 |
[08:47] | you had to be the prop guy, ’cause, you know, | 你不得不做一个道具师 因为 你知道 |
[08:50] | if you were cast as Romeo, | 如果你扮演罗密欧 |
[08:52] | we could have done some serious making out. | 我们就能假公济私 亲热一番了 |
[08:55] | We– we could make out right now. | 我们 我们现在就可以亲热 |
[09:00] | With the prop guy? Ha! Sorry. | 和一个道具师 不敢恭维 |
[09:05] | Hey, what you makin’? | 嘿 你在做什么 |
[09:07] | An authentic renaissance sleeping potion. | 真实版文艺复兴时代安眠药水 |
[09:10] | Now I just have to find an 15th-Century Italian vial. | 现在只需再找一个十五世纪的意式”药瓶” |
[09:13] | Oh. Well, I find Galileo “vile.” | 伽利略就够”要命”的 |
[09:22] | Well, this is the final box. | 这是最后一个箱子了 |
[09:25] | – I am beat. – Oh, thank you. You want some juice? | -我累死了 -多谢你 要来点果汁吗 |
[09:29] | Oh, please. I’ll have to introduce you | 有劳了 等我朋友来后 |
[09:31] | to my friends when they drop by. | 我介绍你们认识 |
[09:33] | They’re lovely, very nice. | 他们很可爱 人很不错 |
[09:35] | There’s Diane and her husband and Jimmy. | 有黛安和她的丈夫 还有吉米 |
[09:43] | Jimmy’s an old flame. | 吉米是我的老情人 |
[09:45] | I knew he’d come back for more. | 我就知道他想再续前缘 |
[09:47] | Come back for more what? | 再续什么 |
[09:51] | I said, “come back for more what?” | 我问你”再续什么” |
[09:58] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[09:59] | Oh, great! You let her drink the prop? | 我晕 你给她喝了道具 |
[10:02] | Well, at least we know it works. | 最起码我们知道很有效 |
[10:12] | I beg for justice, which thou, prince, must give. | “殿下 我要请您主持公道 |
[10:15] | Romeo slew Tybalt, Romeo must not live. | 罗密欧杀死了提伯尔特 罗密欧必须抵命” |
[10:18] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, | 不 不 不 不 不 不 不 不 |
[10:20] | no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[10:28] | You are lady Capulet. | 你是凯普莱特夫人 |
[10:30] | Your kinsman Tybalt has been killed! He’s dead! | 你的亲人提伯尔特被杀了 他死了 |
[10:33] | You’re asking for justice, | 你在乞求公道 |
[10:35] | not extra pickles on your happy burger. Justice! | 不是无谓笑谈 是公道 |
[10:38] | You’re supposed to act! Now bleed! Just act! Now act! | 用心去演 现在悲痛起来 演 现在就演 |
[10:41] | – I can’t act, Dr. Solomon. – Yes, you can! | -我演不出来 所罗门教授 -不 你能 |
[10:45] | I can’t– I can’t act. | 不行 我演不出来 |
[10:49] | Do your lines. Now, now! | 念你的台词 现在 就现在 |
[10:52] | I beg for justice, which thou, prince, must give. | “殿下 我要请您主持公道 |
[10:57] | Romeo slew Tybalt, | 罗密欧杀死了提伯尔特 |
[10:59] | Romeo must not live. | 罗密欧必须抵命” |
[11:09] | I want everyone to take a good look at Cheryl, | 我希望每个人都认真看着雪萝 |
[11:14] | because Cheryl | 因为雪萝 |
[11:16] | is an actor. | 是一个合格的演员 |
[11:21] | Hello? Damn it, voice mail. | 你好 该死的 语音信箱 |
[11:26] | Hello, Dr. Albright? | 你好 欧布莱特教授 |
[11:27] | This is sergeant– | 我是唐警… |
[11:31] | this is a friend with a message. | 是一个朋友的讯息 |
[11:35] | Don’t come to court today. There’s been a change in plans. | 今天别去法庭 计划有变 |
[11:42] | Next, Dr. Mary Albright? | 下一个 玛丽·欧布莱特教授 |
[11:44] | Here, your honor. | 我在这 法官大人 |
[11:56] | Sally, didn’t you get my messages? | 莎莉 你没有收到我的留言吗 |
[11:58] | – What messages? – They switched judges. | -什么留言 -他们换法官了 |
[12:00] | I’ve been calling all morning. | 我一上午都在打电话 |
[12:02] | You’re charged with $1,500 in outstanding fines. | 你共有1500美元的未偿罚款 |
[12:06] | How do you plead? | 你要怎样辩解 |
[12:07] | All I can say is I’m so sorry, | 我所能说的只是 我很抱歉 |
[12:11] | and I throw myself on the mercy of the court. | 我认罪伏法 请求从轻处理 |
[12:15] | Really. | 真的 |
[12:17] | Dr. Albright, will you please approach this bench? | 欧布莱特教授 你能不能离桌子近点 |
[12:24] | You have a very big bench. | 你桌子真够大的 |
[12:28] | I don’t know what this little charade is about. | 我不明白这小动作是什么意思 |
[12:31] | We’re trying to influence you. | 我们正试图干扰你 |
[12:33] | Sergeant, please remove that woman. | 警官 请将那女士带走 |
[12:35] | Doesn’t he know who you are? You have a gun, Don! Use it! | 他不知道你是谁吗 你有枪 唐 拔枪 |
[12:41] | Dr. Albright, you have influenced this court. | 欧布莱特教授 你的确干扰了这个法庭 |
[12:44] | – Really? – I am fining you the full amount | -是吗 -我要给予你全额罚款 |
[12:47] | plus court costs | 加上诉讼费 |
[12:48] | plus $500 for contempt. Next. | 加上五百美元蔑视法庭罚款 下一个 |
[12:53] | – But, your honor– – Next. | -但是 法官大人 -下一个 |
[12:57] | Thank you so much! | 真是太谢谢你了 |
[12:59] | The one time that I can help the woman I love, | 我终于可以帮一下我心爱的女人 |
[13:01] | and your friend Don falls through! | 然后你朋友唐就把它搞砸了 |
[13:02] | It was just an ironic twist of fate. Don’t blame Don. | 世事难料 命运弄人 不能怪唐 |
[13:05] | I don’t want you hanging around that police station any more | 我不希望你再在警察局周围晃荡了 |
[13:07] | – you hear me? – Fine, I’ll go to his place. | -听到没 -那好 我就去他家 |
[13:09] | – Oh, no, you won’t. – Oh, yes, I will! | -不准去 -我就要去 |
[13:11] | You hold it right there. I’m not finished with you yet. | 你在那儿别动 这事我跟你没完 |
[13:14] | Oh, uh, hey, Mrs. Dubcek, would you mind– | 嘿 杜布切克太太 你介不介意 |
[13:18] | My god, | 我的天 |
[13:21] | she’s dead! | 她死了 |
[13:24] | Oh, what is it? Oh, her. | 怎么了 噢 是她 |
[13:27] | – She’s not dead. – But she’s cold. She’s not breathing. | -她没死 -但是她浑身冰冷 没呼吸了 |
[13:31] | Oh, you guys. She’s fine. | 没事 她很好 |
[13:33] | She drank the potion. | 她把药水喝了 |
[13:35] | The sleeping potion? From Romeo and Juliet? | 安眠药 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》道具 |
[13:39] | Well, guess we can take her downstairs until she comes to. | 好吧 在她醒来前咱们把她抬到楼下吧 |
[13:42] | Here, Harry, get her feet. Sally, help with the door. | 哈里 抬她的脚 莎莉 帮忙开下门 |
[13:47] | Hi, baby, it’s us! | 嗨 宝贝 是我们 |
[13:49] | – Hi! – Get her inside! Get her inside! | -嗨 -把她抬进去 把她抬进去 |
[13:52] | Who are those people? | 那些人是谁 |
[13:55] | It’s Diane and her husband and Jimmy, | 是黛安和她的丈夫 还有吉米 |
[13:58] | an old flame coming back for more. | 老情人回头 想再续前缘 |
[14:01] | This is just great! Didn’t you make an antidote? | 这真是太糟糕了 你难道没有制作解药吗 |
[14:04] | Hmm, is there one in the play? | 戏里有解药吗 |
[14:06] | If they see her like this, | 如果他们看到她这样 |
[14:07] | the spit is really gonna hit the fan. | 那就真的是口水撞到扇叶了 |
[14:09] | What are we gonna do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[14:11] | Wait! I have a brilliant idea. | 等等 我有一个不错的点子 |
[14:13] | Harry, did you know that in a theater of Shakespeare’s day | 哈里 莎士比亚时代的戏剧里 |
[14:16] | – the women’s roles were played by men? – Really? | -女性角色是由男人扮演的 -真的吗 |
[14:19] | Yeah, and they also tied up bears and threw rocks at ’em. | 是啊 他们还把熊捆住朝其扔石头呢 |
[14:23] | It’s the role of a lifetime, Harry, an actor’s dream. | 这是一生难求的角色 哈里 是演员的梦想 |
[14:26] | Come on, let’s get her in the bathroom. | 来吧 把她抬进洗手间 |
[14:28] | I don’t want to! | 我不想演 |
[14:29] | Dick, you can’t pass Harry off as Mrs. Dubcek! | 迪克 你不能让哈里去冒充杜布切克太太 |
[14:33] | They’ll know! | 他们会发现的 |
[14:34] | Ah! You forget, they haven’t seen her in over 10 years. | 你忘了吗 他们有十年没见过她了 |
[14:36] | – Besides, Harry has a secret weapon. – What? | -并且 哈里有一件秘密武器 -什么 |
[14:39] | A great director! | 一位杰出的导演 |
[14:42] | Hello? Anybody home? | 你好 有人在家吗 |
[14:44] | Uh, no, nobody’s here. | 没有 没人在这 |
[14:46] | Why don’t we go into the living room, okay? | 我们为什么不去客厅呢 是吧 |
[14:47] | Yeah, this way. Right, move along. Faster. | 好 这边 对 继续向前 快点 |
[14:50] | Okay, right there. | 好 就在那儿 |
[14:51] | Why don’t you take a seat, make yourself comfortable? | 你们随便坐 不用客气 |
[14:54] | I can’t believe she got somebody | 真不敢相信她竟然能找到人 |
[14:56] | to pay rent for this crap-hole. | 来为这破房子出房租 |
[14:59] | – Yeah, every month. – Yeah, | -是啊 每月都交 -是啊 |
[15:01] | and we just love Mrs. Dubcek. | 我们很喜欢杜布切克太太 |
[15:04] | Even more since the accident. | 即使在事故后这感情也有增无减 |
[15:07] | “Accident”? | 事故 |
[15:09] | Yes. Changed her, considerably. | 是啊 相当程度的改变了她 |
[15:12] | Uh, and, uh, she refused the estrogen therapy. | 并且 她拒绝了雌激素治疗 |
[15:17] | But don’t mention it to her. She’s very sensitive. | 但是别给她说这个 她很敏感 |
[15:20] | – Is there a bathroom around– – No! | -这儿有洗手间吗 -没 |
[15:23] | – We use the one at the gas station. – Yeah. | -我们用加油站里的洗手间 -是啊 |
[15:26] | Excuse me. I’ll be right back. Talk to them. | 不好意思 我马上就回来 你陪他们说说 |
[15:29] | What is taking so long? Whoa, mama! | 做什么花了这么长时间 哇 亲娘啊 |
[15:33] | Do you mind? An actor needs time to prepare. | 别碍事 一个演员需要时间做准备 |
[15:36] | Dick, I don’t think I can do this. | 迪克 我觉得我不行 |
[15:38] | Too late, show time! Now, let’s go. | 表演时间到了 给我上台 |
[15:41] | Oh, and Harry, remember, | 哈里 记住 |
[15:43] | you’re going out there a youngster, | 出厕所时你是个新人 |
[15:44] | but you’re coming back a star! Now, let’s go. | 但当你归来时就是一代巨星 上台吧 |
[16:04] | Mamie, honey! | 梅米 亲爱的 |
[16:08] | Well, | 这个 |
[16:11] | I see you’ve met my tenants. | 你们已经和租客们见过面了 |
[16:14] | Oh, uh, we love Mrs. Dubcek. | 是啊 我们喜欢杜布切克太太 |
[16:16] | – Hi, Mamie. – Lovely tattoo. Very nice. | -嗨 梅米 -可爱的纹身 很不错 |
[16:22] | I don’t blame you for being distant, | 我不会怪你这些年的疏远 |
[16:24] | not after what we went through. | 毕竟我们经历了那么多 |
[16:27] | She and Jimmy used to be engaged. | 她和吉米曾经订过婚 |
[16:29] | Oh, you’re Jimmy! | 噢 你是吉米 |
[16:31] | She mentioned you just the other evening. | 她那天才提到过你 |
[16:36] | I just wanted to say thanks | 我只是想谢谢你 |
[16:38] | for kicking me out all those years ago. | 多年前把我赶了出去 |
[16:40] | That was the wake-up call that finally got me off the sauce. | 对我来说是当头棒喝 终于促使我戒酒了 |
[16:44] | That’s so sweet. | 好感动 |
[16:45] | Forgive me? | 能原谅我吗 |
[16:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:57] | Stop it, stop it, stop it! | 停下 停下 停下 |
[17:04] | I’m sorry. She had something crawling up her chin. | 不好意思 她下巴上不知爬了什么东西 |
[17:07] | Why don’t you all go downstairs | 你们为何不下楼 |
[17:09] | and, uh, get reacquainted? | 再互相重新了解下 |
[17:11] | Mrs. Dubcek, | 杜布切克太太 |
[17:14] | there we are. | 就这样了 |
[17:15] | Bye, bye, now. Bye, bye. Bye, bye, now. | 现在再见啦 再见了 再见了 |
[17:18] | Manhandle me again, | 再这么粗暴的对我 |
[17:20] | and you’ll answer to Jimmy. | 你就得向吉米好生交代下了 |
[17:28] | We are breathing, we are breathing. | 现在呼吸 大家来呼吸 |
[17:33] | All right! | 好了 |
[17:34] | Which one of you jamokes is Solomon? | 哪个家伙是所罗门 |
[17:39] | – That would be I. – You’re out. | -正是我 -你出局了 |
[17:41] | – Out? Who are you? – I’m coach Mafferty. | -出局 你是谁 -我是马非提教练 |
[17:45] | My wife’s with the P.T.A. | 我老婆负责家长教师协会 |
[17:46] | And there’s a lot of complaints that | 收到很多家长投诉 |
[17:48] | these kids are coming home with low self-esteem, | 说孩子们在学校自尊受到打击 |
[17:50] | and they’re wetting their beds and stuff like that. | 尿床梦遗什么的全来了 |
[17:52] | So you’re looking at the new director! | 所以由我接任导演一职 |
[17:54] | This is unacceptable. | 这我无法接受 |
[17:55] | Sorry, Spielberg, you’re out. | 不好意思 斯皮尔伯格 你出局了 |
[17:58] | No, no. Do not weep for me. | 不 不 别为我哭泣 |
[18:00] | I humbly quit the stage. | 我卑微地离开这舞台 |
[18:03] | No, no, no tears. | 不 不 别哭 |
[18:06] | The theater is a cruel mistress. | 剧场是一位狠心的情人 |
[18:08] | Adieu, adieu. Remember me. | 告辞 告辞 请记住我 |
[18:14] | Okay, kids, let’s huddle up. | 好了 孩子们 我们集合 |
[18:17] | Let’s back it up to, “I pray you, | 让我们回到 “我恳求你 |
[18:19] | good Mercutio, let’s retire.” | 好茂丘西奥 咱们还是回去吧”这一段 |
[18:21] | Okay, now, who’s playing Mercutio? | 好的 是谁扮演茂丘西奥 |
[18:23] | Uh, coach Mafferty, if I may, | 马非提教练 我可以说句话吗 |
[18:26] | I think there is someone here who can play Mercutio. | 我认为这里有个人能扮演茂丘西奥 |
[18:32] | Aah! I am hurt! | 啊 我受伤了 |
[18:35] | Aye, aye, a scratch, a scratch. | 嗯 嗯 擦破了一点儿 |
[18:39] | marry, tis enough. Twill serve. | 可是这一点伤也就够要命了 |
[18:41] | Ask for me tomorrow | 要是你明天找我 |
[18:44] | and you will find me a grave man. | 就到坟墓里来看我吧 |
[18:50] | Romeo, brave Mercutio is dead. | 罗密欧 勇敢的茂丘西奥死了 |
[18:53] | A plague o’ both your houses, | 你们这两家倒霉的人家 |
[18:55] | for they have made worms’ meat… of me-e-e! | 我已经死… |
[19:01] | – Romeo– – I have it, and soundly too. | -罗密欧… -…在你们手里了 |
[19:05] | Your… houses! | 你们这两家人家 |
[19:15] | I’m dead now. | 现在死了 |
[19:30] | Well, here it is– the review in my high school paper. | 快看 我们学校校刊的剧评 |
[19:33] | The review? | 剧评 |
[19:39] | “Dick Solomon’s over-the-top performance | 迪克·所罗门过火的表演[字面义为顶尖] |
[19:44] | gave new meaning to the word ‘tragedy.'” | 彻底颠覆了”悲剧”的涵义 |
[19:51] | I have redefined my art, and so I retire. | 我重新定义了我的艺术 功成身退 |
[19:55] | – No! – No, no, please, please. | -别 -不不 别这样 别这样 |
[19:57] | To go any further would jeopardize the mission. | 更深入的话就会危及到任务了 |
[19:59] | Tommy, hang up my codpiece. | 汤米 把我紧身裤的遮阴布收好 |
[20:01] | Dick, I’m not your prop lackey anymore. | 迪克 我不再是你的道具小弟了 |
[20:05] | Besides, as of next month, | 而且 在下个月 |
[20:06] | your codpiece turns into Sancho Panza’s hat. | 你的遮阴布会变成堂吉诃德侍者的帽子 |
[20:11] | I wonder what Don’s doing? | 我想知道唐在做什么 |
[20:13] | “Don.” I never want to | “唐” 我不允许 |
[20:15] | hear the name “Don” mentioned in this house again. | 家里有人再提起这个名字 |
[20:17] | Now, that’s an order! | 这是命令 |
[20:18] | Hi, there. | 嘿 你们好 |
[20:22] | What am I doing on the roof? | 我在屋顶上做什么呢 |
[20:24] | You know, we were about to ask you the same thing. | 知道吗 我们也想问你这个问题 |
[20:27] | – Yeah. – You should be inside. | -是啊 -你应该进去 |
[20:29] | Mrs. Dubcek, let us help you. | 杜布切克太太 我们来帮你 |
[20:32] | Oh, Don, Don. | 噢 唐 唐 |
[20:35] | Why should the name “Don” make Dick so angry? | 为什么唐这个名字让迪克如此生气 |
[20:39] | – Sally. – Who’s there? | -莎莉 -谁在那儿 |
[20:42] | I would tell you, | 我该告诉你的 |
[20:44] | but my name is so offensive to your family | 但是我的名字和你的家族如此不合 |
[20:46] | I dare not speak it aloud. | 我不敢将它大声说出 |
[20:48] | Don, if they found you, | 唐 如果他们找到你 |
[20:51] | there’s no telling what they’d do to you. | 真不知道他们会对你做什么 |
[20:52] | I’m okay. I have night’s cloak to hide me from their eyes. | 我没事 朦胧的夜色可以替我遮过他们的眼睛 |
[20:57] | And if thou love me, let them find me here. | 只要你爱我 就让他们瞧见我吧 |
[21:00] | My life were better ended by their hate, | 与其因为得不到你的爱情而在这世上捱命 |
[21:03] | than death prolonged wanting of thy love. | 还不如在仇人的刀剑下丧生 |
[21:08] | Wow, that’s so romantic. | 哇 好浪漫啊 |
[21:13] | I wrote it myself. | 我自己写的 |
[21:22] | I’ve asked you back here for a reason. | 我出于一个理由将你叫回这里 |
[21:24] | You seem like an intelligent woman, | 你看起来是个聪慧的女性 |
[21:26] | so I’m going to make you an offer. | 所以我打算给你一个机会 |
[21:28] | I will lower the fines, remove the contempt charge, | 我将降低罚款 撤回蔑视法庭控诉 |
[21:31] | and eliminate the court costs on one condition– | 以及取消诉讼费 除非 |
[21:34] | you have to promise me that you will spend | 你答应 你将和我在 |
[21:37] | the weekend with me at a hotel in Chicago. | 芝加哥的酒店里共度周末 |
[21:42] | – The ambassador east? – The Sheraton. | -国宾大酒店吗 -喜来登 |
[21:48] | No. | 免谈 |