时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Good morning, Dr. Albright. | 早上好 欧布莱特教授 |
[00:16] | Oh, Nina, call the florist | 对了 尼娜 打给花店 |
[00:17] | and tell them no carnations. | 告诉他们不要康乃馨 |
[00:19] | I want those flowers that look like bird’s heads | 我要的是那种 好像一只鸟的头 |
[00:21] | with a stick stuck in its eye. You know, the good ones? | 惨遭过眼对穿的那种花儿 很有范儿的那种 |
[00:24] | What’s going on? | 什么事 |
[00:26] | She’s having some big affair. | 有很多人需要她应酬 |
[00:28] | You tramp! | 你个荡妇 |
[00:31] | Dick, it’s a catered affair. | 迪克 是举行宴会啦 |
[00:33] | You’re cheating on me and your diet?! | 你敢公然偷吃 背叛我和节食大业 |
[00:36] | No, the North Rutherford country club | 不 北拉瑟福乡村俱乐部 |
[00:39] | is planning its charity auction | 计划办一场慈善拍卖 |
[00:41] | and I volunteered my house. | 我邀请他们到我家来办 |
[00:43] | I didn’t know you were in a club. | 我都不知道你是俱乐部成员 |
[00:44] | They haven’t asked me to join, not yet. | 这之后估计就要请我加入了 |
[00:46] | They have the most wonderful health spa. | 他们的疗养温泉是最赞的 |
[00:49] | Not to mention pool, tennis, golf, | 更不用说那游泳池 网球场 高尔夫 |
[00:51] | spa cuisine. | 温泉供应的小吃 |
[00:53] | Not that that’s important. | 不 这些都不重要 |
[00:54] | Oh, no. | 可重要了 |
[00:54] | I’m doing this for charity. | 我做这些是为了慈善 |
[00:57] | Oh, what charity? | 哪方面的慈善 |
[00:58] | Oh, something for kids. Orphans, I think. | 小孩子的 我估计是孤儿什么的 |
[01:01] | I’ve got so much to do! | 我有一堆事要准备 |
[01:02] | I hope I haven’t left anything out! | 希望我已经把事做齐了 |
[01:04] | Well, let’s see. You’ve kissed butt, | 来数数你做过什么 热脸贴冷屁股 |
[01:06] | sucked up, fawned over and stroked them. | 溜须拍马 迎合奉承 齐活了 |
[01:08] | A little wine and cheese and it’s party time. | 再备点酒 上点奶酪 就可以嗨翻派对了 |
[01:10] | Nina, Where’s my guest list? | 尼娜 我的客人名单在哪 |
[01:12] | – On my desk. – Oh, I’ll go get it. | -在我的桌子上 -我去拿 |
[01:16] | What is wrong with her? | 她这是怎么了 |
[01:18] | She’ climbing the social ladder. | 她这是麻雀攀高枝 |
[01:20] | The what? | 什么高枝 |
[01:21] | I’m sorry, Nina, I don’t understand Ebonics. | 对不起 尼娜 我听不懂黑人英语 |
[01:27] | No, you know, you try to fit in with a group of people | 就是说 你假装成某一类人 |
[01:29] | by pretending you’re just like them. | 好融入他们的阶层 |
[01:31] | You talk like them, you act like them | 学他们的言谈举止 |
[01:33] | until they think you’re one of them. | 好让他们以为你是同道中人 |
[01:34] | You know what that’s like. | 那什么 你懂的 |
[01:36] | No! No, I don’t! | 不 不 我不懂 |
[01:37] | And neither does Tommy, Sally and Harry! | 汤米 莎莉和哈里也不懂 |
[01:40] | No, we’re not social climbers! We’re humans! | 我们不是麻雀攀高枝 我们是人类 |
[01:42] | Oh, I’ve invited so many people, | 我请了好多人 |
[01:44] | – I hope my place is big enough. – I have an idea. | -但愿我家够大 -我有个主意 |
[01:46] | Why don’t you have your meeting at my place? | 为什么不把你的宴会放在我家办 |
[01:49] | Your place? Ah, well. | 你家 这个啊 |
[01:50] | See, Dick, | 迪克 |
[01:51] | most of the people are coming from North Rutherford | 大多数客人来自北拉瑟福 |
[01:54] | and your place is… | 可是你家 |
[01:56] | all the way over on the other side of town. | 却远在镇上的另一头 |
[01:58] | But the buses run until 9:00. | 但是公车直到九点都有 |
[02:02] | What she means is you live on the wrong side of the tracks. | 她是说你住在贫民区 |
[02:05] | That’s not what I’m saying… out loud. | 我不是这个意思 才怪 |
[02:07] | – What? – Well, it’s just that | -什么 -只是 |
[02:09] | I’ve tried so hard to get these people to accept me | 我花了好大的心思让他们接受我 |
[02:12] | that I don’t want to invite them to my boyfriend’s attic | 我不想他们纡尊降贵 前去我男友的陋室 |
[02:15] | with his… unusual brother and… | 和他那憨豆弟弟 |
[02:17] | angry amazon sister in… | 还有母夜叉妹妹相伴 |
[02:20] | the heart of the meat packing district. No offense. | 待在肉类包装产业核心区 无意冒犯 |
[02:24] | No, none taken. | 没往心里去 |
[02:26] | Or understood. | 是有自知之明吧 |
[03:00] | Oh, that’s gotta hurt. | 这肯定很疼 |
[03:03] | This is an incredible sport. | 这可真是个了不起的运动 |
[03:05] | These guys must be the best athletes on earth! | 这些家伙肯定是地球上最好的运动员 |
[03:07] | Well, they don’t call it professional wrestling for nothing. | 既然叫专业摔跤 必定有两下子 |
[03:13] | Turn off the TV! | 把电视关了 |
[03:15] | But Dick, it’s your favorite! | 但是迪克 这是你的最爱 |
[03:17] | “The Grave Digger!” | “掘墓人”啊 |
[03:21] | I don’t care who it is. We’re not– | 我不管他是谁 我们不 |
[03:23] | Oh look, he’s got a new shovel. | 看 他用的是新铁铲 |
[03:26] | Do you think we live on the wrong side of the tracks? | 你们觉得我们住错了铁轨边吗 |
[03:29] | What are you talking about? The tracks are right over there. | 你这是什么话 铁轨在那边 |
[03:32] | Yeah, if we lived on the other side of them, | 是啊 如果我们住在另一边 |
[03:34] | we’d have to wait for the train to pass every time | 每次都要等火车过了 |
[03:36] | we went to the liquor store. | 才能去烟酒店 |
[03:39] | Hi, did I miss the grudge match? | 我没有错过殊死之战吧 |
[03:42] | Mrs. Dubcek, have you ever been to North Rutherford? | 杜布切克太太 你去过北拉瑟福吗 |
[03:45] | North Rutherford, sure. | 北拉瑟福 去过啊 |
[03:47] | I once had a fling with a pool boy up there. | 我曾和一个泳池清洁工有过一腿 |
[03:50] | Lovely cabana, very nice. | 泳池小屋好可爱 感觉棒极了 |
[03:53] | What’s so special about it? | 那地方有什么特别之处 |
[03:55] | It’s a very different class of people there. | 那的人跟我们就不是一阶层 |
[03:57] | Different class? | 不是一阶层 |
[03:58] | You mean, not homo sapiens? | 他们不同于智人吗 |
[04:01] | Oh no, they have their “artsy” types too, | 不不 “同志”也是有的 |
[04:03] | but they’re very discreet. | 但人家行事秘密低调 |
[04:09] | Hey, Solomon. | 所罗门 |
[04:11] | Hey, Elman, Romano. How’s it going, guys? | 埃尔曼 罗曼诺 还好吗 伙计 |
[04:14] | You are dead, Solomon! | 你死定了 所罗门 |
[04:16] | What did I ever do to you? | 我哪里惹到你了 |
[04:18] | You bust out laughing in math class | 我们在数学课上每说一句话 |
[04:19] | any time we say anything! | 你都突然放声大笑 |
[04:20] | Yeah, but guys, only the really stupid stuff. | 没错 伙计 但只有蠢过头我才笑的 |
[04:23] | Get him! | 弄他 |
[04:24] | Wait! If I had known it bothered you guys– | 别 如果我知道会惹到你们的话 |
[04:26] | believe me, I won’t do it again! | 相信我 我再也不笑了 |
[04:29] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:30] | Anybody out there? This is not funny– | 外面有人吗 这一点都不好玩 |
[04:37] | Hi. | 你好 |
[04:38] | Are you okay? | 没事吧 |
[04:39] | Oh, yeah, I’m fine. | 是的 没事 |
[04:41] | How are you? | 你好 |
[04:42] | Hey, don’t let those guys bother you. | 别放在心上 |
[04:44] | They’re just having fun. | 他们只是跟你玩玩 |
[04:45] | Oh, yeah, I know. | 没错 我知道 |
[04:46] | We had a few laughs last week | 上周在食堂 |
[04:47] | when they “pantsed” me in the cafeteria. | 他们拉我裤子那次挺好笑的 |
[04:51] | – I’m Lorna. – Oh yeah, I know. | -我叫罗娜 -我认识你 |
[04:52] | You were in my math class last year. | 去年我们一起上的数学课 |
[04:54] | Oh, right. What happened to you? | 没错 怎么这学期都不见你 |
[04:58] | I passed. | 我考过了 |
[05:02] | You know, Lorna… | 其实呢 罗娜 |
[05:04] | I realized something sitting in that locker. | 我被困在储物柜时明白了一些事 |
[05:07] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[05:08] | I really should wash my gym shorts more often. | 我的运动短裤应该多洗洗 |
[05:11] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[05:12] | Oh, nothing, it was some stupid poetry I wrote. | 没什么 写的诗而已 蛮幼稚的 |
[05:16] | Can I read it? | 可以给我看看吗 |
[05:18] | It’s not very good. | 真的写得不好 |
[05:20] | Oh, come on, come on. | 看看嘛 看看嘛 |
[05:21] | Whatever. | 看吧 |
[05:23] | “Last night, death signed my yearbook. | “昨夜 死神在我的年鉴写下话语 |
[05:27] | ‘Have a good summer,’ he wrote. | ‘暑假快乐’ 他写道 |
[05:30] | ‘See you next year” | ‘明年见’ |
[05:32] | and then I realized it wasn’t my yearbook he signed. | 后来我意识到 书写之地并非年鉴 |
[05:35] | It was my tombstone.” | 而是我的墓碑” |
[05:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:40] | I liked it. | 我很喜欢 |
[05:42] | Especially the surprise ending there. | 结尾处笔锋一转尤为精妙 |
[05:44] | You are the first one to get the irony. | 你是第一个看明白这个反讽的 |
[05:49] | What do you think of the one on the back? | 你觉得背面那首写得怎么样 |
[05:53] | “Death sent me an e-mail.” | “死神寄给我一封邮件” |
[05:57] | There’s a motif here, right? | 这是一个伏笔 是吧 |
[05:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:05] | Mr. And Mrs. St. Clair, | 圣克莱尔先生 圣克莱尔太太 |
[06:08] | so good to see you again. | 很高兴又见面了 |
[06:11] | We’ve met before? | 我们之前见过吗 |
[06:12] | Well, yes, several times. | 是的 见过那么几次 |
[06:15] | We were trapped in an elevator for six hours. | 我们曾一起被困在电梯六个小时 |
[06:19] | Doesn’t ring a bell. | 一点印象都没有 |
[06:21] | I– pried open the roof | 我撬开电梯顶 |
[06:24] | and climbed two stories to get help. | 然后爬了两层楼去求救 |
[06:26] | Oh, yes! | 想起来了 |
[06:28] | She had on those awful leatherette boots. | 她当时穿着极没品的人造革靴子 |
[06:37] | Hello, Mary! I brought you a box of wine. | 玛丽 我给你带了一盒葡萄酒 |
[06:42] | I don’t drink that. | 我才不喝这么低级的酒 |
[06:44] | Well, then why do you keep running out of it? | 那你的存货怎么一直无故减少 |
[06:46] | Give me the damn box. | 把这盒东西给我 |
[06:48] | I’ll have a glass of Merlot. | 给我一杯梅乐红酒 |
[06:50] | And I’ll have a nice Hawaiian punch. | 给我一杯夏威夷混合果汁 |
[06:55] | Don’t believe we’ve met– Edgar St. Clair. | 我们没见过吧 我是埃德加·圣克莱尔 |
[06:57] | Don’t believe we’ve met Edgar Allen Poe. | 我肯定也没见过埃德加·爱伦·坡[美国诗人] |
[07:01] | But, um… | 但 |
[07:02] | but I’m Dick Solomon. | 我叫迪克·所罗门 |
[07:04] | And what do you do, Mr. Solomon? | 您在哪里高就 所罗门先生 |
[07:06] | I’m in… | 我在 |
[07:08] | physics… | 捣鼓物理 |
[07:10] | Mr. St. Clair. | 圣克莱尔先生 |
[07:12] | Physics, eh? | 物理 |
[07:14] | You know, I always thought if I hadn’t gone into business, | 我经常想如果我没有从商的话 |
[07:16] | I’d have done something in physics. | 我肯定在物理方面有一番作为 |
[07:18] | Yes… and if you had wheels, you’d be a bus. | 是么 可惜朽木已成舟咯 |
[07:24] | – Actually, I own several bus lines. – Really? | -事实上 我名下确实有几条公交线 -真的? |
[07:28] | Then all you need is the chassis. | 看来你只缺底盘了 |
[07:35] | How’s everything here? | 聊得愉快吧 |
[07:37] | Perfect, thank you, Mary. | 无以伦比 谢谢 玛丽 |
[07:39] | No… thank you for coming. | 不 该感谢您赏脸莅临 |
[07:42] | It’s my pleasure. | 乐意前来 |
[07:44] | Oh, no… | 不不 |
[07:45] | it’s my pleasure to have you here. | 您的到来是我的荣幸 |
[07:51] | Thank you again. | 再次感谢 |
[07:55] | – So sad. – Yes, she’s trying so hard | -真替她难过 -是的 她真是拼上老脸 |
[07:59] | you can almost smell the desperation. | 那叫一个孤注一掷 骇人听闻 |
[08:01] | Oh, no, I think that’s her dog. | 不不 咱”闻”到的是她狗狗 |
[08:07] | You are a ticket. | 候选人算你一个 |
[08:09] | Say, you must come by the club. | 你一定要到俱乐部来 |
[08:10] | The boys should meet you. It’ll be a kick. | 大伙应该见见你 肯定很有趣的 |
[08:13] | Oh, good. Can I kick back? | 好的 我能还手吗 |
[08:19] | Oh, hi, Lorna. | 你好 罗娜 |
[08:20] | Uh, bye, Lorna. | 再见 罗娜 |
[08:21] | Back for more, genius? | 皮痒痒了吗 天才 |
[08:23] | You’re dead, Einstein. | 你死定了 爱因斯坦 |
[08:24] | Will you guys stop? | 你们能不能住手 |
[08:26] | You just want to beat him up because he’s smart. | 你们打他只因为他聪明 |
[08:28] | So? | 是又怎样 |
[08:30] | Uh, now wait a minute, guys, she’s right. | 等等 伙计 她说的对 |
[08:32] | If I’m smart and you guys are morons, | 如果我聪明 而你们是白痴 |
[08:34] | nothing personal… | 不是人身攻击啊 |
[08:36] | wouldn’t it make more sense for you to use my intelligence | 用我的天赋来帮你们谋福利 |
[08:40] | to your advantage? Huh? | 不是更合理吗 |
[08:42] | Here, let me use a visual aid. | 这样 让我们运用直观教具来讲解 |
[08:44] | – Take that kid– – okay. | -拿那个家伙来 -好 |
[08:47] | This one? | 这个 |
[08:48] | Uh, yeah, yeah. | 好 也行也行 |
[08:50] | Now see, you’d probably like to beat him up, right? | 现在你或许想揍他一顿是吗 |
[08:52] | – Definitely. – Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[08:54] | But see, you shouldn’t | 但是你不该打他 |
[08:56] | because his sister’s dating the third floor hall monitor | 因为他姐的男朋友是三楼纠察队的 |
[08:58] | and if you beat him up, | 如果你揍他 |
[08:59] | you’ll never be able to ditch chemistry. | 以后的化学课你就别想逃了 |
[09:03] | – We don’t take chemistry. – No. | -我们没有选修化学 -是没有 |
[09:07] | But now you can and you’ll never have to go. | 但现在你可以选 却可以不上课 |
[09:12] | See? Told you he was smart. | 看 早说了他很聪明 |
[09:14] | We don’t have to take chemistry. | 我们不用上化学课 |
[09:31] | Singapore Sal, the iron maiden, | 来自新加坡的莎姐 人称铁娘子 |
[09:33] | circles her prey. | 正围捕她的猎物 |
[09:35] | Her opponent, handsome Harry, | 她的对手 小帅哥哈里 |
[09:36] | circles nervously, hoping to avoid | 正神经紧绷地被围着 希望能避免 |
[09:40] | yet another serious injury. | 再一次的重伤 |
[09:54] | You’re good. | 你真牛 |
[09:57] | Real good. | 牛死了 |
[10:00] | Oh, well, hello, | 你们好 |
[10:02] | pair of hooligans. | 流氓小分队 |
[10:05] | Who’s the dork? | 这傻瓜是谁 |
[10:07] | Harry Solomon, nice to meet you. | 哈里·所罗门 很高兴见到你 |
[10:10] | Come on, guys. | 走 伙计 |
[10:11] | – Where you going? – Out on the roof. | -你们去哪 -去屋顶外面 |
[10:13] | – What’cha gonna do? – Burn stuff, throw junk at cars. | -干啥 -烧点东西 往车上扔垃圾什么的 |
[10:15] | Alright, Have a good time. | 好的 玩得愉快 |
[10:19] | Hey, how’s it go– | 嘿 咋样了 |
[10:23] | I like his friends. Nice kids. | 我喜欢他那些朋友 人都不错 |
[10:26] | I know, me too, sweetie. | 我知道 我也这么觉得 亲爱的 |
[10:42] | Well, it started it. | 是它先吓我的 |
[10:44] | So, how was your party? | 宴会怎么样 |
[10:46] | Did you play “pin the tail on the Bentley”? | 有没有玩”给宾利车贴尾巴” |
[10:48] | No, no. | 没 没有 |
[10:49] | Mostly we just played “pin the cheese on the cracker.” | 大部分时间我们都在玩”给饼干贴奶酪” |
[10:51] | Mmm… exciting party, huh? | 挺有趣的吧 |
[10:53] | Exciting? It was awful. | 有趣? 糟透了 |
[10:55] | I had a two-hour conversation with someone | 我跟一来宾谈了两小时的 |
[10:58] | about Cornish gay men. | 康沃尔同志问题 |
[11:00] | Are you sure it wasn’t “Cornish game hen?” | 你确定你们谈的不是康沃尔烤鸡 |
[11:03] | That’s what I said, “Cornish gay men.” | 我说了 是康沃尔郡同志 |
[11:05] | – Aren’t you listening? – Okay. | -你有没有在听我说话 -你说是就是吧 |
[11:08] | Good morning, everybody. | 各位早上好 |
[11:10] | Dick, wasn’t last night fun? | 迪克 昨晚多有意思啊 |
[11:13] | Have you ever met a group of more interesting people? | 你见过比他们更有意思的人吗 |
[11:18] | Here, Mr. St. Clair called. | 给 圣克莱尔先生来电话了 |
[11:20] | Mr. St. Clair called. That’s so exciting. | 圣克莱尔先生的来电 我不淡定了 |
[11:22] | – What did he say? – He said to call him back. | -他说了什么 -他说让你给他回电话 |
[11:25] | Oh, isn’t that sweet? | 太棒了 |
[11:26] | Mr. St. Clair wants me to call him back. | 圣克莱尔先生想要我给他回电话 |
[11:28] | – What do you think I should do? – Call him back. | -我该怎么办 -给他回电话 |
[11:30] | Oh right, right. | 对 对 |
[11:35] | Ah, yes, is Mr. St. Clair in? | 您好 圣克莱尔先生在吗 |
[11:38] | Mr. St. Clair, Mary Albright. | 圣克莱尔先生 我是玛丽·欧布莱特 |
[11:41] | Hi. What? | 您好 什么 |
[11:43] | Oh, I’d be honored to come. | 我很荣幸能前往 |
[11:45] | Who? Dick? | 谁 迪克 |
[11:48] | Well, sure, I’ll bring him. | 没问题 我会跟他一起 |
[11:52] | Yes, he is that. | 没错 他就是这样 |
[11:55] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:57] | No, no… | 不 不要 |
[11:58] | thank you. Bye. | 该谢您 再见 |
[12:01] | Dick, this is so exciting. | 迪克 太棒了 |
[12:03] | The St. Clairs want to invite us | 圣克莱尔想邀请我们 |
[12:04] | to their club tomorrow night. | 明晚到他们的俱乐部聚会 |
[12:06] | Tomorrow? I can’t! | 明天 我去不了 |
[12:08] | Well, why not? | 为什么 |
[12:10] | Well, for openers, tomorrow is… | 首先 明天是 |
[12:11] | spaghetti and waffle night | 意大利面和华夫饼之夜 |
[12:13] | and the whole family is going mad with anticipation. | 全家人都很期待 |
[12:16] | Can’t you cancel? | 不能取消吗 |
[12:17] | Well– and break their little hearts? | 要我打击他们的小心灵 |
[12:19] | No, Sally’s already made the pesto syrup. | 绝对做不到 莎莉连香草糖浆都备齐了 |
[12:23] | So… bring them along. | 那就把他们都带上 |
[12:25] | Oh, Dick, I really want to go. | 迪克 我真的很想去 |
[12:27] | – And they really want you to be there. – Why? | -他们真的很期待你去 -为什么 |
[12:30] | Well, they like you. They think you’re fun. | 他们喜欢你 他们觉得你很有趣 |
[12:32] | Oh, please. For me? | 就算为了我 去吧 |
[12:34] | All right. Fine, Mary. | 好吧好吧 玛丽 |
[12:36] | For you. | 为了你 |
[12:38] | Oh, thanks. I appreciate it. | 谢谢 你真好 |
[12:41] | No, it’s okay. | 没什么 |
[12:43] | We’re having spaghetti and waffles tonight, too. | 反正今晚也是意大利面和华夫饼之夜 |
[12:49] | Hey! | 找打啊 |
[12:51] | Hey, Tommy, I’m sorry. It was just an accident. | 汤米 对不起 小意外 |
[12:55] | All right, kid. | 好吧 小子 |
[12:57] | You don’t sweat it. Get lost now. | 别紧张 现在消失吧 |
[13:00] | Hey, Solomon, let’s get out of here man. | 所罗门 哥们儿 走吧 |
[13:03] | Wait, where are you guys going? | 等等 你们去哪 |
[13:05] | We’re going to go set off the fire alarm. | 我们要去启动火灾报警器 |
[13:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:10] | ‘Cause the alarm’s going to go off | 因为警报会大响 |
[13:12] | and there’s going to be kids running everywhere | 那群傻小子就会到处乱跑 |
[13:13] | and they’re going to have to evacuate the whole building. | 然后学校就不得不疏散整栋大楼 |
[13:18] | It made more sense the first time he explained it to me. | 之前他给我解释的时候听起来没这么傻 |
[13:22] | Yo, Solomon! | 喂 所罗门 |
[13:23] | Yo, what’s up? | 喂 哥来了 |
[13:29] | No, that’s not it. | 不 不是这样的 |
[13:31] | That’s not it. | 这样不对 |
[13:33] | Oh, that’s it! | 是是是这样 |
[13:35] | All right. | 好了 |
[13:39] | Head butts. You ready? | 撞头 准备好了吗 |
[13:40] | Sally! Tommy! | 莎莉 汤米 |
[13:43] | Harry! Listen up! This is very important. | 哈里 听好了 这很重要 |
[13:46] | We’ve been asked to hob-knob | 我们被邀请与拉瑟福 |
[13:48] | with the creme de la creme of Rutherford’s elite. | 上流社会的精英一起吹牛打趣 |
[13:51] | Hmm, well, I’m okay hob-wise. | 打打趣我好像还行 |
[13:53] | It’s the knob part what concerns me. | 但估计牛皮是吹不动的 |
[13:55] | The evening is very important to Mary. | 今儿晚上对玛丽很重要 |
[13:57] | – We’ve got to make a good first impression. – Whatever. | -我们一定要给人留下好的第一印象 -好吧 |
[14:00] | Now, Sally, Edgar St. Clair’s nephew Buzzy will be there. | 莎莉 埃德加·圣克莱尔的侄子吧唧也会在场 |
[14:04] | He has a face like a horse. I want you to charm him. | 他长着一张马脸 我要你去勾引他 |
[14:06] | I’ll bring a carrot. | 我会带上胡萝卜的 |
[14:09] | Now, Harry, | 哈里 |
[14:11] | you will pose as Sally’s wealthy cousin. | 你将假扮成莎莉的有钱堂弟 |
[14:13] | – Ah, am I well bred? – You’re overbred. | -我有教养吗 -你生来得体大方 |
[14:16] | In fact… you’re mute. | 事实上 你是哑巴 |
[14:18] | Mmm, all Righty. Oh, I mean… | 没问题 我是说 |
[14:23] | Now, Sally, they already adore me. | 莎莉 他们已经爱上我了 |
[14:25] | But you must strive to be accepted by these people. | 但你必须努力让他们接纳你 |
[14:28] | Accepted? | 被接纳 |
[14:29] | Dick, have you forgotten how hot I am? | 迪克 你已经习惯于我的美丽了吗 |
[14:32] | I mean, good looking women are accepted | 别忘了 美女绝对比 |
[14:34] | at more places than American express. | 美国运通卡吃得开 |
[14:36] | I could belch the alphabet | 即使我打嗝发出字母的音 |
[14:38] | and men with PhDs would be asking me | 有博士学位的男人也会请我 |
[14:40] | to tutor their kids. | 去给他们的小孩做家教 |
[14:42] | Great news! I am now the coolest punk in school. | 好消息 我现在是全校最酷的混混 |
[14:46] | Well, congratulations! What did you do? | 那恭喜了 你做了什么事 |
[14:47] | I got suspended for setting off the fire alarm. | 我因为启动火灾报警器被停学了 |
[14:50] | They suspended you for that?! | 他们为这个把你停学 |
[14:52] | You saved hundreds of lives! | 你救了数以百计的生命 |
[14:54] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[14:55] | That’s the best part. There was no fire. | 最劲爆的部分是 根本没有失火 |
[14:58] | Tommy! This is outrageous! | 汤米 这太过分了 |
[15:01] | The next time you set off a fire alarm, | 下次你启动火灾报警器 |
[15:03] | you damn well better start a fire first! | 他娘的最好先给我弄一起火灾 |
[15:07] | I can never do anything right for you, now can I? | 我做什么你都有意见 是不是 |
[15:16] | I’ll be right down. | 我这就下来 |
[15:19] | Have you noticed? | 你发现了吗 |
[15:21] | What? | 什么 |
[15:22] | There’s no TV in this room. | 这间房没有电视 |
[15:26] | Then why does it exist? | 那这间房为何而存在 |
[15:31] | Okay… how do I look? | 好了 我这样穿好吗 |
[15:33] | – Oh, very nice. – But not great. | -挺好 -但不是非常好 |
[15:35] | You look great. | 你看起来非常好看 |
[15:36] | No, you would have said great if I looked great. | 如果我非常好看你会说非常好的 |
[15:38] | Mary, you look fantastic. | 玛丽 你看起来棒极了 |
[15:39] | You’re right, too busy. I’ll go change. | 你说的对 太忙乱了 我去换一身 |
[15:41] | There’s no TV in there either. | 这里面也没有电视机 |
[15:43] | There is no TV anywhere on the ground floor. | 一楼到处都找不到电视机 |
[15:48] | That explains why she’s so weird. | 终于知道为什么她那么怪异了 |
[15:51] | It’s why them hoidy-toidies didn’t like her party. | 这就是那帮有钱佬不喜欢那场宴会的原因 |
[15:54] | She got no TV. | 她家没电视机 |
[15:56] | How does she live? | 她是怎么活的 |
[15:58] | Actually, she gets a lot of information from books. | 事实上 她从书上获取了很多的信息 |
[16:02] | – Get out! – What? | -别开玩笑了 -你说什么 |
[16:04] | Sometimes she even reads for entertainment. | 有时她甚至把阅读作为消遣 |
[16:07] | What, like TV guide? | 什么 就像读电视周刊 |
[16:09] | No. | 不是 |
[16:16] | What do you think, pearls or gold? | 你觉得应该戴珍珠还是金项链 |
[16:18] | Mary, the only accessory you need is me. | 玛丽 你只要带我就够了 |
[16:21] | Aw… I’ll go get a scarf. | 嘴真甜 我去拿丝巾 |
[16:26] | Hey, Lorna. | 罗娜 |
[16:27] | Hi, Tommy. | 汤米 |
[16:28] | Hey, where were you today? | 你今天去哪了 |
[16:30] | Home. | 在家 |
[16:30] | I’m just here picking up some books | 我只是过来拿几本书 |
[16:32] | because I was… suspended. | 因为我被停学了 |
[16:35] | Bye, Tommy. | 再见 汤米 |
[16:36] | Wait, where are you going? | 等等 你去哪 |
[16:38] | Tommy, I liked you because you were smart. | 汤米 我喜欢你是因为你聪明 |
[16:40] | Now you’re just like Elman and Romano. | 现在你却跟埃尔曼和罗曼诺没两样 |
[16:43] | But you hang out with Elman and Romano. | 可你和他们两个关系不错呀 |
[16:45] | They have cars. | 他们有车 |
[16:50] | Now you’re just like them. But without a car. | 而你现在就是一没车的傻瓜 |
[16:53] | I can change back, I can be smart again. | 我可以改回来 我可以重新变得聪明 |
[16:56] | I’ll be having my butt kicked by tomorrow afternoon. | 明天我就可以让他们来揍我 |
[16:59] | Here, stuff me in a locker. | 来吧 把我关进储物柜里吧 |
[17:00] | If only it were that easy, Tommy. | 事情要是这么简单就好了 汤米 |
[17:03] | But you can never go back. | 但你永远都回不去了 |
[17:05] | I’ve seen it a million times. | 你这种情况我见多了 |
[17:15] | So Dick, this weekend, | 迪克 这个周末 |
[17:17] | any chance we can squeeze in 18 holes? | 你能不能挤出时间打个十八洞高尔夫 |
[17:19] | It depends. How big are the holes? | 这要看情况 那些洞有多大 |
[17:23] | So you’re saying that when a 300-pound soprano | 你是说一个三百磅的女高音 |
[17:27] | and a 250-pound tenor | 和一个两百五十磅的男高音 |
[17:29] | dress in funny costumes and take 15 minutes to die, | 穿着滑稽的戏服 演个断气都要十五分钟 |
[17:33] | that’s art. | 这就是艺术 |
[17:34] | But when the Grave Digger takes on the Caped Canadian, | 但”掘墓人”跟”加拿大披风男”对打 |
[17:37] | that’s trash? I’m sorry, I don’t get it. | 就是垃圾吗 对不起 我理解不了 |
[17:40] | Well, my point is the cultural “histoire”– | 我是说文化史是 |
[17:43] | Yeah, yeah, talk is cheap. | 行行 光说没用 |
[17:45] | Let’s go outside and settle this thing. | 我们出去单挑 |
[17:48] | Why do you call it “bacon”? | 为什么把这称为培根 |
[17:51] | You don’t “bake” it, you fry it. | 这又没焙过 而是煎的 |
[17:52] | Why the devil can’t they call it “frycon”? | 造词那家伙不能叫它”煎根”吗 |
[17:56] | Am I right, Eggie? | 我说的对吗 小埃 |
[17:57] | You know, I think he’s on to something. | 我觉得他说的在理 |
[18:01] | So, I made a brief stop-over in Spain, and then– | 所以 我在西班牙作短暂停留 然后 |
[18:04] | Really? | 真的 |
[18:05] | I understand the plains of Spain experience… | 我明白西班牙平原上的这段经历 |
[18:09] | mainly rain. | 挫折重重 |
[18:16] | I’m really impressed with Dick. | 我真的很佩服迪克 |
[18:18] | He’s got them eating out of his hands. | 就跟小鸟喂食一样 把他们全吸引过去了 |
[18:20] | Yeah, I tried that once and got bit by a goat. | 我也喂过 但被一只山羊咬了一口 |
[18:24] | Oh, look at me. | 看看我吧 |
[18:26] | All my life I’ve been on the outside looking in. | 前半生 我都是一位旁观者 |
[18:29] | Now I’m on the inside. | 现在我却身在其中 |
[18:31] | – You want to go outside? – Never again. | -你想出去吗 -这辈子都不出去了 |
[18:34] | I’m going outside. | 反正我要出去了 |
[18:37] | 500. | 五百美元 |
[18:38] | That much? I’m afraid you were taken, my friend. | 这么贵 恐怕你被骗了 我的朋友 |
[18:40] | Was I? | 是吗 |
[18:42] | Yes, I only paid $20.00 for mine, and it’s a Rolex, too. | 我这块才花了二十美元 也是劳力士 |
[18:45] | The trick is to buy it straight off the truck. No overhead. | 诀窍是买路边车直接兜售的 没有运营成本 |
[18:50] | Have you listened to him? | 你有没有领教他的”高见” |
[18:52] | Who? | 谁 |
[18:53] | The “nutty professor.” | 那个疯癫教授 |
[18:55] | Lord knows which rock St. Clair found him under. | 真不知道圣克莱尔在哪里把他挖掘出来的 |
[18:59] | Remember when he invited the dutch transvestite | 记得上次吗 他请来个荷兰的变装癖 |
[19:01] | to read our palms? | 给我们看手相 |
[19:03] | And where did he get that accent? | 那家伙哪学来的口音 |
[19:06] | May I have your attention, please? | 请大家静一静 |
[19:09] | Dickie has just informed me about something, | 小迪刚刚告诉了我一件事 |
[19:11] | and I think everyone should hear it. | 我觉得大家都该听听 |
[19:14] | Thank you, Eggie. I don’t mean to panic anyone, | 谢谢 小埃 我无意让大家恐慌 |
[19:17] | but I’m afraid the calamari is infested with baby squid! | 但我认为炸鱿鱼里面 寄生了好多小鱿鱼 |
[19:25] | Dick, suddenly I’m not feeling very well. | 迪克 我突然感到不适 |
[19:27] | Mary, you didn’t eat the calamari, did you? | 玛丽 你没吃炸鱿鱼吧 |
[19:30] | – Yes, that’s it. – We’ve got to get you out of here! | -被你说中了 -我们必须带你离开这里 |
[19:32] | Harry, Sally, bring the car around. | 哈里 莎莉 把车开过来 |
[19:36] | I’m sorry, boys, got to amscray. Ta-Ta. | 对不起 大伙 先走了 回头见 |
[19:40] | Mary, you’re spoiling our fun. | 玛丽 别扫兴啊 |
[19:42] | You know, if I were you, and had your money, | 如果我是你 有这么多钱 |
[19:46] | the first thing I’d do is hire a good surgeon | 我首先要做的 就是雇一位整形医生 |
[19:49] | to have that huge cob removed from my butt. | 把虚伪嘴脸好好修理一番 |
[19:53] | You may have your little clubhouse, | 有个小俱乐部就了不起吗 |
[19:56] | but none of you is truly happy. | 我看你们没有一个是真正快乐的 |
[19:59] | Actually, we are. | 事实上 我们真的快乐 |
[20:04] | Well, then, some of you are… fat. | 那 你们好多人都体重超标 |
[20:14] | Oh, Mary, what a wonderful evening that was. | 玛丽 多么美好的一晚 |
[20:17] | The ambiance, the people, the repartee– | 斯景斯人 智言妙语 |
[20:19] | – I hated it. – Oh, wasn’t it dreadful? | -我恨之入骨 -可不是吗 糟透了 |
[20:22] | I thought you were having such a good time. | 我以为你玩得挺愉快的 |
[20:24] | I wanted to stick a chilled salad fork into my eye. | 我都想拿沙拉叉自挖双眼了 |
[20:29] | I don’t know what I ever saw in those people. | 真不知道我是看上了他们哪一点 |
[20:32] | I guess I spent so much time trying to impress them | 我想我花了太多的时间来取悦他们 |
[20:34] | that I never stopped to realize | 却没静下心想想清楚 |
[20:35] | that they weren’t worth impressing. | 他们根本不值得取悦 |
[20:37] | You’re worth impressing, Mary. | 你才值得取悦 玛丽 |
[20:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:41] | You know one thing I did like about them? | 知道吗 他们有样东西我还挺喜欢的 |
[20:42] | – What? – Their shrimp puffs. | -什么 -他们的虾饼 |
[20:44] | I didn’t have any. | 我都没吃 |
[20:45] | No no, I’ve got some right here. | 没关系 我打包了一些 |
[20:49] | Oh, wait, wait! | 等等先 |
[20:51] | I have dipping sauce. | 我还有蘸酱 |
[20:54] | No, thanks. | 还是不用了 |
[21:00] | You know, in a way it’s a shame things | 要说你没能融入他们 |
[21:03] | didn’t work out better. | 挺可惜的 |
[21:04] | After all, they seem to like everything you do. | 毕竟 你做什么都能逗他们开心 |
[21:08] | Not everything. | 也不是所有的 |
[21:25] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[21:26] | Oh my god! | 天啊 |
[21:28] | Now you have a TV on the ground floor. | 现在你家一楼有电视了 |
[21:30] | That’s the biggest TV I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最大的电视 |
[21:33] | How did you afford this? | 你哪来这么多钱 |
[21:34] | I sold your grandmother’s antique end tables. | 我把你祖母的古董茶几卖了 |
[21:36] | What? | 什么 |
[21:37] | Actually, that only covered the down payment. | 其实 这也只够付首期而已 |
[21:39] | You have 12 more monthly payments | 月付265美元的话 你还要连付 |
[21:42] | of $265.00. | 十二个月 |
[21:45] | Gunsmoke! | 在播《荒野大镖客》 |