时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, Dick, can I borrow the car keys? | 迪克 车钥匙能借我吗 |
[00:05] | – I have a date with August. – Sure, Tommy. | -我约了奥古斯特 -没问题 汤米 |
[00:07] | You can’t give him the keys. He can’t drive. | 你不能给他钥匙 他不能开车 |
[00:09] | How do you know? I’ve never tried it. | 你怎么知道 我又没开过 |
[00:10] | I could be great at it. | 也许我很会开呢 |
[00:11] | Check and mate. | 将你的军 |
[00:13] | He doesn’t even have a license. | 他连驾照都没有 |
[00:15] | – You don’t have your license yet? – I’m taking driver’s ed. | -你还没有驾照啊 -我正在考呢 |
[00:17] | She’s right. No keys for you. | 她说的对 不能给你钥匙 |
[00:19] | Then what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[00:21] | Sally, you drive him. | 莎莉 你开车送他去 |
[00:37] | Hey there, tiger. | 嘿 虎哥 |
[00:43] | You remember my daughter Vicki, don’t you? | 你还记得我的女儿薇琪吧 |
[00:46] | Sure. I put a turkey carcass on my head | 当然 我曾把鸡骨头套在头上 |
[00:49] | and had sex with her on your kitchen table. | 在你家厨房的桌上跟她翻云覆雨 |
[00:55] | That’s my little girl. | 这才是我女儿嘛 |
[00:59] | So, what brings you to Rutherford? | 什么风把你吹来拉瑟福了 |
[01:03] | She’s back for her high school reunion. | 她回来参加高中同学聚会 |
[01:05] | Thanks for killing the surprise, mama. | 谢谢你把惊喜都扼杀了 老妈 |
[01:09] | Ever since they canceled “Ryan’s hope,” | 自从《瑞恩的希望》被砍后 |
[01:11] | she’s been real moody. | 她一直都喜怒无常 |
[01:15] | So, Vicki, | 薇琪 |
[01:16] | why didn’t you return any of my phone calls? | 为什么你从没有回过我的电话 |
[01:19] | Well, I wanted to, but they… | 我是想回 但是他们 |
[01:21] | they put a lock on the phone down at social services. | 他们给社会福利署的电话上了锁 |
[01:25] | Well, I’m glad you’re here | 很高兴你回来 |
[01:28] | ’cause I could use some social services. | 这样我就能享受一些社会福利了 |
[02:09] | Come on, come on. Anyone. | 快想 快想 谁知道 |
[02:15] | – “Y” to the fourth power. – No. | -Y代表第四个力 -不对 |
[02:18] | 11? | 十一 |
[02:21] | No. | 不对 |
[02:22] | – Velocity squared? – No. | -速度的平方 -不对 |
[02:25] | That guy from “Jeopardy”? | 《危险境地》里的那个家伙 |
[02:27] | No, no, no! | 不对不对不对 |
[02:29] | Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
[02:30] | can’t you just tell us the answer? | 您就不能直接告诉我们答案吗 |
[02:32] | We’ve been guessing for 45 minutes now. | 我们已经猜了四十五分钟了 |
[02:35] | You’ve been guessing? | 你们一直都是在猜的 |
[02:38] | All right, people, | 好的 各位 |
[02:40] | due to your staggering ineptitude | 鉴于你们对量子叠加的基本概念 |
[02:43] | with the most basic concepts of quantum superpositions, | 已经无知到难以想像的地步 |
[02:46] | I am issuing the following assignment: | 我给你们布置以下作业 |
[02:48] | you will write a five-page letter to your parents | 写一封五页的信给你们的父母 |
[02:49] | apologizing for wasting their money. | 为浪费他们的钱而道歉 |
[02:54] | I want them on my desk tomorrow morning | 明天早上放在我的桌上 |
[02:56] | for my approval and a blistering P.S. | 等待我的审阅和严词批示 |
[02:59] | And bring a stamp, damn it. I’m not a post office. | 自己准备邮票 该死 我可不是邮局 |
[03:05] | The wedding chapel was only two miles away. | 离结婚礼堂只有两英里远 |
[03:09] | All she had to do was come to a complete stop | 只要她把车停下来 打开方向灯 |
[03:13] | and turn on her blinker, | 一切都会不一样 |
[03:16] | but I guess she had more important things to think about. | 但我估计她要事缠身 没顾得上 |
[03:19] | And now she’s dead! | 现在死者长已矣 |
[03:26] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[03:27] | Yeah. Where can I rent that movie? | 有 哪能租到这部电影 |
[03:29] | You can’t. | 不外借 |
[03:32] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[03:37] | Hey, Tommy. | 汤米 |
[03:39] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[03:41] | Hello, Sally. | 你好 莎莉 |
[03:42] | Tommy said you were showing “The Bride Wore Asphalt.” | 汤米说你要放映《魂归柏油路的新娘》 |
[03:47] | – Did I miss it? – Yes, but… | -我错过了吗 -是的 但 |
[03:49] | Maybe I can arrange for a private screening. | 或许我可以安排放一场专场 |
[03:52] | – When? – Now. | -什么时候 -现在 |
[03:53] | Can we watch it backwards? | 我们倒着放行吗 |
[03:54] | You’re a sucker for a happy ending. | 你真是大团圆结局控 |
[04:03] | Look, her head’s back on. | 看 她的头愈合了 |
[04:09] | – Judith. – As head of the disciplinary committee, | -朱蒂丝 -作为纪律委员会主席 |
[04:12] | it is my sad duty to inform you | 这是我倒霉的职责来告知你 |
[04:13] | that one of your students has | 你的一名学生 |
[04:15] | registered a complaint against you. | 向你提出投诉 |
[04:17] | There must be some mistake. | 肯定是弄错了 |
[04:18] | Is it true that you forced them | 你是不是强迫他们 |
[04:20] | to write humiliating letters to their parents? | 给父母写侮辱性道歉信 |
[04:22] | Well, yes, but that can’t be it. | 是没错 但应该不是这件事 |
[04:26] | I’m afraid it is, | 很不幸就是此事 |
[04:27] | and according to university rules of conduct, | 根据本校的行为准则 |
[04:29] | you must attend sensitivity training. | 你必须参加尊重他人情感的课程 |
[04:32] | My office will contact you. | 我的办公室人员将会联系你 |
[04:35] | Oh, and Dick, I wouldn’t leave town. | 对了 迪克 别想着带罪潜逃 |
[04:41] | I don’t need sensitivity training, | 我不需要什么尊重他人情感的课程 |
[04:43] | you strident, power-mad tart! | 你这个河东狮吼坐台妹 |
[04:48] | Happy birthday, Dad. | 生日快乐 爸 |
[04:51] | Of course I remembered. | 我当然记得 |
[04:53] | How’s the chest pains? | 胸口疼的毛病好点了吗 |
[04:55] | Mary, do you think I’m insensitive? | 玛丽 你觉得我粗神经吗 |
[05:00] | Dick, you just hung up on my father. | 迪克 你挂断了我和老爸的通话 |
[05:03] | Now, don’t try to change the subject. | 赶紧回答 别转移话题 |
[05:05] | Okay, fine. You’re insensitive. | 好 说就说 你的神经非常粗 |
[05:07] | I am? | 真的 |
[05:09] | Oh, come on, Dick. It wouldn’t kill you | 拜托 迪克 你说话前 |
[05:11] | to occasionally think of people’s feelings before you speak. | 偶尔想想别人的感受又不会死 |
[05:15] | What a bunch of crap. | 这真是一派胡言 |
[05:19] | You log 40 billion light-years | 四百亿光年里程 |
[05:22] | without a single moving violation, | 无违规驾驶又怎样 |
[05:23] | they make you take a road test anyway. | 人家还是要你参加路考 |
[05:25] | Welcome to earth, folks. | 欢迎到地球来 伙计 |
[05:27] | You don’t need that book. Just use your common sense. | 你根本不用看那书 用常识就好了 |
[05:30] | Green means go. Yellow means slow down. | 绿灯行 黄灯慢 |
[05:33] | Red means stop and check your make-up. | 红灯停下补妆 |
[05:37] | That’s my best friend. | 这是我的死党 |
[05:40] | That’s Kenny. | 这是肯尼 |
[05:42] | Ooh, Jace Carter. | 贾斯·卡特 |
[05:45] | Whoa! Who’s the biker chick | 这个举着南方邦联旗[美国内战时南方国旗] |
[05:48] | with the confederate flag and the bottle of bourbon? | 灌着波旁酒 骑自行车的小妞是谁 |
[05:52] | That’s me. | 这是我 |
[05:57] | Nice. | 真好看 |
[06:00] | Harry, I was wondering if maybe… | 哈里 我想问 |
[06:03] | you’d be my date to the reunion. | 你愿意陪我参加同学聚会吗 |
[06:06] | I’d love to. | 我很乐意 |
[06:08] | Will there be… | 还会重演 |
[06:10] | turkey? | 火鸡事件吗 |
[06:14] | Family meeting! Family meeting! | 家庭会议 家庭会议 |
[06:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:18] | I’ve just heard the most upsetting thing. | 我刚听说了最让人怒火攻心的事 |
[06:22] | Someone has accused me of insensitivity. | 有人指控我粗神经 |
[06:27] | You’re not family! Get out! | 你不是我们家的 滚出去 |
[06:34] | What is it with this planet’s | 为何这个星球 |
[06:36] | preoccupation with sensitivity? | 这么注重感觉这东西 |
[06:38] | You should be able to have an open dialogue with anyone, | 人与人说话应当开诚布公 |
[06:40] | like we do. | 就像我们这样 |
[06:41] | We can say anything to each other and not take offense. | 我们能畅所欲言 却没人会觉得被侮辱了 |
[06:44] | For example, Tommy wouldn’t object if I mentioned | 比如我提一句汤米办事不牢 |
[06:46] | that he was a greasy little disappointment. | 他毫不反对 |
[06:49] | What’s to argue? | 有什么好争论的 |
[06:50] | Sally couldn’t dispute that she’s a sadistic bimbo. | 我说莎莉施虐成性 她也绝无异议 |
[06:53] | You got me. And, Dick, | 被你说中了 还有迪克 |
[06:55] | you’re a rubber-faced bag of wind. | 你呲牙咧嘴吹牛皮 |
[06:57] | Well said! And Harry, you’re an idiot. | 可不是嘛 哈里你个白痴 |
[06:59] | Thank you, sir. May I have another? | 谢谢 长官 再骂一遍行不 |
[07:06] | Hooray… | 万岁 |
[07:08] | for personal growth. | 祝贺大家的升华 |
[07:10] | Today we’re going to learn how to breathe, | 今天我们将学习如何呼吸 |
[07:12] | how to listen, | 如何倾听 |
[07:14] | and how to say “I have a personality disorder.” | 还有如何坦然承认”我存在人格障碍” |
[07:18] | – Made me. – Dick, I hear you. | -想得美 -迪克 我听到你说话了 |
[07:22] | Can… you… hear… me? | 你 能 听 到 我 说 话 吗 |
[07:26] | Yes. You’re the annoying guy in the unitard. | 能 你是个穿紧身衣的讨人嫌 |
[07:30] | Dick, labels disable. | 迪克 给人贴标签是不对的 |
[07:39] | Okay, we’re all shipwrecked at sea. | 好的 我们遭遇了海难 |
[07:43] | There’s very little food left | 食物所剩无几 |
[07:45] | and one passenger too many. | 救生艇超重一员 |
[07:48] | I say we eat the big, fat guy. | 我觉得咱该吃了那个大胖子 |
[07:51] | Boo, Dick! Boo! | 鄙视你 迪克 鄙视你 |
[07:55] | How about the woman with the bad hairdo? | 那吃掉那个鸡窝头女人怎么样 |
[08:03] | Your work is incompetent. You get an “F.” You fail. | 你没有完成作业 给个F挂了你 |
[08:06] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[08:07] | My work has been weak, but it’s not my fault. | 我的作业是做的不好 但这不是我的错 |
[08:10] | I’m just not as smart as you are. | 我只是不如你聪明 |
[08:13] | Ah, I suppose you have a point. | 你说的也有道理 |
[08:15] | I am exceedingly brilliant. | 我确实是绝顶聪明 |
[08:18] | You just go so fast, I can’t follow you. | 你教学进度太快 我都跟不上了 |
[08:21] | And now I’ll never get a job. | 这下子我连找工作也没指望了 |
[08:23] | I’ll have to sell my feet for key chains. | 只能把脚卖了做钥匙扣赚钱 |
[08:28] | I’ve never heard things from your point of view before. | 我从没有聆听过你的心声 |
[08:33] | Maybe I have been a little hard on you. I’m– I’m… | 也许我对你真的过于严苛了 我 我 |
[08:38] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:52] | I think someone needs a hug. | 看来有人需要个拥抱 |
[09:10] | Okay, class, | 好的 同学们 |
[09:12] | I thought we’d try something different. | 今天我们来试些新花样 |
[09:15] | – No kidding. – Now, | -开玩笑吧 -现在 |
[09:18] | let’s reflect on the ballet that is physics. | 让我们来分析芭蕾即物理 |
[09:23] | In standard quantum chromodynamics, | 在标准量子色动力学中 |
[09:28] | the Lagrange density | 拉格朗日密度 |
[09:30] | equals one over four pi | 等于四分之一个圆周率 |
[09:33] | times the square of the field strength tensor. | 乘以场强张量的平方 |
[09:36] | Now, | 现在 |
[09:38] | given that there is | 假定 |
[09:40] | this concentration of intense nucleic energy, | 这是个剧烈核能量的集合 |
[09:44] | how many hydronic jets will emerge | 在夸克和反夸克线介子破裂时 |
[09:48] | when the quark-antiquark line within the meson ruptures? | 会出现多少循环加热喷射 |
[09:52] | Bug? | 小虫 |
[09:56] | A million? | 一百万 |
[10:03] | Does that mean I’m right? | 这表示我答对了? |
[10:05] | No, not even close, Bug, but you tried, | 没有 驴唇不对马嘴 但重在参与 |
[10:08] | and that’s what makes you special. | 应予嘉奖 |
[10:10] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:12] | – Do you want me to say it slower? – No. | -你想让我慢点说吗 -不用 |
[10:15] | Class, I have your midterms. | 同学们 你们的期中考卷改完了 |
[10:18] | Now, I didn’t want anyone to feel stress, | 现在 我不想任何人感到有压力 |
[10:21] | so I’ve abandoned the traditional grading system, | 所以我摒弃了传统的评分制度 |
[10:26] | and I’m giving you all happy faces. | 我给了你们所有人”笑脸” |
[10:32] | I can’t apply to graduate school | 物理课得”笑脸” |
[10:34] | with a happy face in physics. | 又不能申请研究生院 |
[10:36] | Graduate school? | 研究生院 |
[10:38] | I don’t think any of you have to worry about that. | 我看是你们想太多了吧 |
[10:53] | Nina, did you make the appointment for my high colonic? | 尼娜 你给我在结肠科预约了吗 |
[10:58] | There are two things I don’t do. | 有两件事我不会做 |
[11:00] | I don’t pick up dry cleaning, | 不会去干洗店拿衣服 |
[11:01] | and I don’t schedule enemas, okay? | 也不会安排灌肠 明白了吗 |
[11:04] | That’s okay. I forgive you. | 没事 我原谅你 |
[11:06] | – Mary, are we still on for dinner? – Sure. | -玛丽 我们还一起吃晚餐吗 -好 |
[11:09] | I was thinking of wearing this. | 我打算就穿这身 |
[11:11] | It’s not coming off anytime soon, is it? | 这风格一时半会改不了 是吗 |
[11:14] | Dr. Solomon– | 所罗门教授 |
[11:21] | oh, dear god. I’ll make this brief. | 我的神啊 我长话短说 |
[11:23] | Your students have filed a class-wide complaint against you. | 你的学生对你提出了全班性的投诉 |
[11:26] | You are required to appear before the disciplinary committee | 你必须出席纪律委员会听证会 |
[11:29] | which I chair. | 听证会由我主持 |
[11:30] | What?! I give them happy faces on their mid-terms, | 什么 我在期中考卷上给他们笑脸 |
[11:34] | and this is how they repay me? | 他们就是这样回报我的 |
[11:36] | Yeah, that’s messed up. | 没错 是挺刻薄 |
[11:37] | That’s it. No more Mr. Nice guy. | 受够了 我再也不当好好先生了 |
[11:40] | And no hug for you, four eyes. | 还有别想我拥抱你 四眼田鸡 |
[11:47] | Fine! | 算你狠 |
[11:49] | This is the last time I shop at Gotta Dance. | 我以后再也不会光顾”翩翩起舞”了 |
[11:52] | The edacity! They won’t allow me to return my unitard. | 真是奸商 连退件紧身衣都不肯 |
[11:55] | Why not? | 为什么啊 |
[11:56] | Because I wore it without my underpants. | 因为我穿的时候没有穿内裤 |
[12:01] | This reminds me of your prom night. | 这让我回想起你的毕业舞会 |
[12:06] | Only this time your date isn’t married. | 只是这次你的男伴是未婚人士 |
[12:09] | Hi, folks. | 伙计们好 |
[12:11] | Unless you have a warrant, you cannot come in here. | 除非你有搜查令 否则你无权进来 |
[12:15] | – No, that’s Sally’s date. – Oh. | -不 他是莎莉的朋友 -这样啊 |
[12:18] | Well, it’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[12:22] | Don’t I know you? | 我们是不是见过 |
[12:23] | No, I don’t– let’s go. | 不 我不… 咱们走 |
[12:26] | Mama, let’s go. | 妈妈 走吧 |
[12:28] | Go, go, go. | 走走走 |
[12:29] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[12:32] | Hello, Sally. | 你好 莎莉 |
[12:34] | I thought we would skip dinner | 我看咱们晚餐就别吃了 |
[12:37] | and drive straight to lookout point. | 直奔”观景台”吧 |
[12:41] | That is, if you can stand the heat. | 只要你受得了我的热情 |
[12:45] | You know me, Don. The hotter, the better. | 你懂我的 唐 最是热情似火 |
[12:49] | – Ready, Tommy? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 汤米 -是的 |
[12:53] | Tommy’s coming? | 汤米也来 |
[12:54] | The kid needs to see how it’s done. | 这小子想亲眼看看怎么操作 |
[13:02] | You could show him how to put the key in the ignition. | 你可以向他演示怎么插钥匙发动 |
[13:07] | Couldn’t I just buy him some magazines? | 就不能给他买几本杂志了事吗 |
[13:10] | He’s been reading about it for weeks. | 他已经看了几个星期了 |
[13:12] | He’s ready for the real thing, and I figure… | 他已经准备好实战了 而且我也认为 |
[13:14] | he should learn from the master. | 名师才能出高徒 |
[13:19] | Okay, he can come, | 好 那带他一个 |
[13:21] | but I’m not promising anything. | 能不能成事我可不保证 |
[13:29] | If you’ll all take your seats, this hearing can begin. | 如果所有人都已到场 听证会就此开始 |
[13:33] | All right, Dick, out with it. | 好了 迪克 老实交代 |
[13:35] | Where did you grab her? And how many times? | 你是在哪里霸占她的 一共多少次 |
[13:38] | It’s not that kind of hearing. | 不是这类听证会 |
[13:42] | First, we will hear from Dr. Mary Albright | 首先 我们将请玛丽·欧布莱特教授 |
[13:45] | who will speak on behalf of Dr. Solomon. | 代表所罗门教授一方发言 |
[13:47] | Dr. Albright, how would you describe Dr. Solomon? | 欧布莱特教授 对所罗门教授您怎么评价 |
[13:50] | Well, it’s kind of hard. I mean… | 这很难说清 我是说 |
[13:53] | have you ever had a piece of really stinky cheese? | 你有没有尝过那种臭死人的奶酪 |
[13:59] | I enjoy stinky cheese. Continue. | 我喜欢臭奶酪 继续说 |
[14:02] | The thing is, it has these wonderfully rich flavors | 它的特质在于 闻起来越臭 |
[14:06] | that you can’t get to without the stinkiness. | 吃起来越香[很像咱们的臭豆腐] |
[14:13] | Have you ever found Dr. Solomon to be insensitive? | 你曾否发现 所罗门教授罔顾他人感受 |
[14:16] | No. Dr. Solomon is warm, kind, | 没有 所罗门教授和蔼可亲 |
[14:19] | and a credit to Pendleton State. | 是潘德顿大学的光荣 |
[14:21] | And he’s never been abusive towards you? | 他从来没有辱骂你? |
[14:22] | No. Dr. Solomon is warm, kind, | 没有 所罗门教授和蔼可亲 |
[14:25] | and a credit to Pendleton State. | 是潘德顿大学的光荣 |
[14:27] | – Have you been coached to say that? – No. | -有人教你这么说的吗 -不是 |
[14:29] | Dr. Solomon is warm, kind, and a credit to Pendleton State. | 所罗门教授和蔼可亲 是潘德顿大学的光荣 |
[14:37] | Just keep your eye on the white line. | 注意看那些白线 |
[14:39] | Where is it? | 在哪 |
[14:40] | Look out! | 当心 |
[14:43] | Uh… Don, maybe you ought to drive. | 唐 我看还是你来开吧 |
[14:46] | No! You’re passing that test tomorrow if it kills us all! | 不 咱拼了也要你明天通过考试 |
[14:50] | You heard the lady. | 听这位女士的 |
[14:57] | A 3-11. | 3-11案件 |
[14:59] | Tommy, step on it. | 汤米 加足马力 |
[15:03] | Oh, party, man! | 哇 太棒了 |
[15:09] | Okay, Harry, don’t you let these people intimidate you. | 哈里 走自己的路 让别人说去吧 |
[15:13] | You just be yourself. You’re great. Remember that. | 你就是你 你很好 记住了 |
[15:18] | – Hello, Vicki. – Hello, Elroy. | -你好 薇琪 -你好 爱罗伊 |
[15:21] | This is my boyfriend. He’s a famous brain surgeon. | 这是我男友 他是一个著名的脑科医生 |
[15:26] | Vicki Dubcek? | 薇琪·杜布切克 |
[15:32] | – Look at you! – Oh, look at you. | -你看你 -你啊你啊 |
[15:34] | What was that nickname we used to call you? | 我们以前给你起的小名是什么来着 |
[15:38] | “Whore.” | 淫娃 |
[15:41] | Whore! Isn’t she priceless? | 淫娃 千金难求啊 |
[15:45] | And who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[15:48] | Harry Solomon, | 哈里·所罗门 |
[15:50] | United States Ambassador to Portugal. | 美国驻葡萄牙大使 |
[15:58] | What bothers you most about Dr. Solomon’s teaching methods? | 最令你头疼的所罗门教授的教学方法是什么 |
[16:02] | He’s always saying I’m wrong. | 他老是说我错了 |
[16:04] | And how often are you wrong? | 你经常答错吗 |
[16:06] | Always. | 总是错 |
[16:11] | One day he told me if I liked long hair so much, | 有一天他跟我说 如果我这么喜欢留长发 |
[16:16] | maybe I should join the circus. | 也许我应该加入马戏团 |
[16:19] | – Were you hurt by that? – No. | -你受打击了吗 -没有 |
[16:22] | More confused. | 更加困惑了 |
[16:26] | And then he stared at me, | 然后他盯着我 |
[16:28] | and I felt all dirty. | 我觉得好龌龊 |
[16:33] | He did well in the session, | 他在辅导中表现不错 |
[16:35] | but when he left, he stole the puppets. | 但他离开时却顺走了我的布偶 |
[16:41] | Dr. Solomon, do you have anything to say in your defense? | 所罗门教授 你要给自己发言辩护吗 |
[16:45] | I have plenty to say. | 我有很多话要说 |
[16:46] | I should have brought a book. | 我应该带书来打发时间的 |
[16:50] | I stand here accused of insensitivity. | 我站在这里 被控”粗神经” |
[16:54] | Sure, I’ve tried to change my ways. | 当然 我曾尝试去改变 |
[16:56] | I’ve cried. I’ve hugged. I’ve been hugged. | 我哭过 我拥抱过 也曾被他人相拥 |
[16:59] | And you know what I’ve discovered? | 知道我有什么发现吗 |
[17:01] | I’m an offensive person. | 我是个说话带刺之人 |
[17:03] | But in a tolerant society, | 海纳百川 社会有容 |
[17:05] | is there no place for my kind? | 难道就没有我这类人的容身之所吗 |
[17:08] | Why must everyone like me? | 何必要人人都喜欢我 |
[17:10] | Why can’t we all just… | 可能我们就是 |
[17:12] | not get along? | 水火不容呢 |
[17:15] | Conflict is necessary. | 矛盾是必要的 |
[17:17] | Throughout history, | 纵观历史 |
[17:19] | human beings have persecuted the great agitators– | 人类一直在迫害异见者 |
[17:22] | Socrates, Galileo, | 苏格拉底 伽利略 |
[17:24] | and now Dick Solomon. | 现在是迪克·所罗门 |
[17:26] | Where would you be without us | 没有我们的驱使和启发 |
[17:28] | to provoke and enlighten you? | 今时今日 你们又将身在何方 |
[17:31] | To attach the electrodes of knowledge | 你们将如何把知识的电极 |
[17:34] | to the nipples of ignorance? | 固定在无知的乳头上 |
[17:38] | Throughout history, | 纵观历史 |
[17:40] | all over the world, | 世界各地 |
[17:42] | people have rightfully looked to Pendleton State | 一无是处的潘德顿大学在人们心中 |
[17:44] | for virtually nothing. | 不值一提 |
[17:47] | But maybe one day they’ll be able to say | 但或许有朝一日 他们会说 |
[17:49] | that an unpopular battle was won there | 那里曾赢过一场不得人心的战斗 |
[17:53] | for an ugly little thing called… the truth. | 胜出的是丑陋的 真相 |
[18:00] | – Thank you. – And when they make a movie of this– | -谢谢 -如果有人要把这事改编成电影 |
[18:03] | and they will– | 肯定会有的 |
[18:05] | I don’t want to be played by Woody Harrelson. | 我不想要伍迪·哈里森扮演我[有点秃头] |
[18:15] | We will now deliberate and return with a guilty verdict. | 我们将进行审议然后带回有罪裁决 |
[18:24] | Who would have thought that I’d be spending this night | 谁能想到今晚我会在 |
[18:27] | in a veritable wonderland of twinkly lights, tiny wienies, | 遍布闪灯和小香肠的仙境里 |
[18:32] | and the most beautiful woman from Orlando? | 与来自奥兰多的最美女人共度时光 |
[18:37] | So what did you do at your high school reunion? | 你在你的高中聚会上状况如何 |
[18:40] | Vicki, I didn’t exactly graduate from high school. | 薇琪 其实我没有高中毕业 |
[18:45] | Oh. Well… | 这样 |
[18:47] | I didn’t exactly graduate, either. | 其实我也没有毕业 |
[18:52] | Jace? Jace carter? | 贾斯 贾斯·卡特 |
[18:56] | – Yeah? – Well, it’s… | -我是 -我是 |
[18:58] | Vicki Dubcek here. | 薇琪·杜布切克 |
[19:00] | Oh. Right. | 嗯 |
[19:07] | I don’t think you understand. | 我有几句话要跟你讲 |
[19:09] | That’s Vicki Dubcek. | 这是薇琪·杜布切克 |
[19:11] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[19:12] | I’m Vicki’s husband, | 我是薇琪的丈夫 |
[19:14] | Harry Solomon, Hollywood stuntman. | 哈里·所罗门 好莱坞特技演员 |
[19:19] | And when I’m not crashing through plate glass windows | 当我没有表演破窗而入 |
[19:21] | or catching on fire, | 或者着火特技时 |
[19:24] | you’ll find me at my Hollywood mansion with my wife. | 我就会待在好莱坞豪宅里 享受二人世界 |
[19:27] | You see, I could have | 所有的女人 |
[19:29] | any woman I want, including her… | 只要我想要就能得到 包括她 |
[19:33] | but I choose Vicki | 但我选择薇琪 |
[19:35] | to share my fabulous Hollywood lifestyle. | 与我共享好莱坞式精彩人生 |
[19:39] | Wow! Vicki, you made it. | 薇琪 你如愿钓到金龟婿了 |
[19:42] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. | 是的 金龟婿 |
[19:45] | I’m also the Postmaster General. | 我还是邮政总长 |
[19:52] | After reviewing all the testimony, | 考虑所有的证词之后 |
[19:54] | the disciplinary committee unanimously votes | 纪律委员会投票一致通过 |
[19:56] | to admonish Dr. Solomon. | 给予所罗门教授警告处分 |
[19:59] | What does that mean? | 这意味着什么 |
[20:01] | You’re officially admonished. | 你被正式警告了 |
[20:05] | Does that come with a pay cut? | 会减薪吗 |
[20:07] | No. However, if there’s another violation, you will be censured. | 不会 但如再次违纪 你将被公开批评 |
[20:10] | Does that come with a pay cut? | 那样的话会减薪吗 |
[20:12] | No, but should that fail to stop you, | 不会 但你若屡教不改 |
[20:14] | you will be sanctioned, which means a 30-day suspension. | 你就会受到处分 停课三十天 |
[20:17] | – With pay? – Yes, with pay. | -带薪吗 -是的 |
[20:21] | That sounds good. Could I be sanctioned right now? | 这听起来不错 我可以现在受处分吗 |
[20:24] | No. We’re adjourned. | 不行 我们已经休会了 |
[20:31] | Dr. Solomon, I’m really sorry. | 所罗门教授 我很抱歉 |
[20:34] | We never meant for there to be a hearing. | 我们不是有意让您接受听证的 |
[20:37] | I don’t even know how it got this far. | 我都不知道事情怎么会闹这么大 |
[20:42] | No need to apologize. | 不必道歉 |
[20:44] | You’re stupid, I’m rude. See you tomorrow. | 你们是笨蛋 我骂人不嘴软 明天见 |
[20:47] | We’ll see you. | 明天见 |
[20:50] | Well, Dick, I think you made a nice point. | 迪克 你刚才那番话很精彩 |
[20:53] | Yes, for a piece of stinky cheese. | 作为一块臭奶酪 已经挺不错了 |
[20:55] | Oh, Dick, | 迪克 |
[20:57] | you are who you are, and that’s the guy I love. | 你就是你 我就是爱这样的你 |
[21:01] | Thank you, Mary. | 谢谢 玛丽 |
[21:03] | – And you know what? – What? | -你知道吗 -什么 |
[21:05] | – I love me, too. – Good. | -我也爱我 -很好 |
[21:07] | It’s something I learned in sensitivity class– | 这是我在辅导中学到的 |
[21:10] | to love myself. | “爱自己” |
[21:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:12] | And I really love myself. | 我真的很爱我自己 |
[21:14] | I mean, a lot. | 非常爱 |
[21:23] | Well, I failed by driver’s test. | 我的驾照考试没通过 |
[21:25] | I can handle a high-speed police chase, | 我能掌控一辆警车的高速追捕 |
[21:27] | but for some reason, | 但不知怎么的 |
[21:29] | at 20 miles an hour I hit three parked cars. | 二十英里的时速我撞了三辆泊车 |
[21:32] | Don’t worry about not having your license. | 没驾照也不用担心 |
[21:34] | Lord knows it hasn’t stopped me. | 我没有不也照样开车 |
[21:36] | I’m going to be the laughingstock of my whole school. | 我将成为全校的笑柄 |
[21:39] | Well, I’ve discovered something, Tommy. | 我发现了一件事 汤米 |
[21:41] | It doesn’t matter what you do in high school, | 你在高中的所作所为并不重要 |
[21:44] | as long as you can | 重要的是 |
[21:45] | make people feel like losers at the reunion. | 要在高中聚会上让老同学们自惭形秽 |