时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | “It’s so dreadful to be poor, sighed Meg, | “梅格叹气道 贫穷真可怕[《小妇人》] |
[00:09] | Looking down at her old dress. | 低头看着身上的旧衣服 |
[00:11] | I don’t think it’s fair for some girls | 我认为这是不公平的 |
[00:15] | to have plenty of pretty things | 有些女孩享受荣华富贵 |
[00:17] | and other girls nothing at all, | 其他人却一无所有 |
[00:20] | added little Amy with an injured sniff.” | 艾美轻哼道” |
[00:23] | Harry, do you have to be doing that right now? | 哈里 你非得现在搞这个吗 |
[00:26] | Yeah. I got a 500-word book report due for night school. | 对 夜校让写五百字的读书报告 |
[00:30] | “It’s so dreadful to be poor, sighed– | “贫穷真可怕 梅格叹…” |
[00:33] | All right, enough. | 打住 够了 |
[00:35] | Listen, the key to studying | 听我说 学习的关键 |
[00:37] | is finding the short cuts, all right? | 是找窍门 对吧 |
[00:39] | Look, later we’ll go out, we’ll buy you some cliff notes. | 等会儿咱们出去 给你买几本名著导读 |
[00:42] | It’s like an easy little synopsis, all right? | 就是个内容简介 |
[00:44] | It’ll take you 10 minutes. | 十分钟就能看完 |
[00:45] | Ooh, what a relief. | 太好了 |
[00:47] | I don’t mind readin’. | 我不讨厌阅读 |
[00:48] | It’s readin’ books that I hate. | 就是讨厌读书 |
[00:53] | Harry, why aren’t you studying? | 哈里 你怎么不读书了 |
[00:55] | Oh, don’t worry, Dick. | 不用操心 迪克 |
[00:56] | Tommy and I are going to go out later | 我跟汤米一会要出去 |
[00:57] | and just buy a book report. | 买份读书报告 |
[00:59] | Good man. Make me proud. | 好孩子 以你为荣哟 |
[01:04] | Hey, Dick, don’t forget your lunch. | 迪克 别忘了带午餐 |
[01:05] | Oh, no, I’m sorry. | 不用 对不住 |
[01:06] | I’m meeting officer Don at the police station for lunch. | 我要去警察局 跟唐警官吃午饭 |
[01:09] | Oh, make sure he shows you the tank. | 一定要让他带你参观一下牢房 |
[01:11] | – The tank? – Yeah, but don’t get too close, | -牢房 -是啊 但别靠太近 |
[01:13] | otherwise the inmates will start hootin’ and hollerin’ | 否则囚犯们会大吼大叫 |
[01:14] | and telling you they love ya. | 说他们爱你 |
[01:16] | Oh. I’d better put on my new tie. | 那我应该打新领带 |
[01:23] | Well, Dick, | 迪克 |
[01:24] | this is it. | 这个就是 |
[01:28] | The tank. | 牢房 |
[01:31] | Oh. Oh, look at them, | 看看他们 |
[01:32] | their deep-set eyes darting with evil brilliance. | 凹陷的双眸中闪耀着邪恶智慧的光芒 |
[01:35] | What’d they do, Don? | 他们都犯了什么事 唐 |
[01:37] | Well, that one’s a loiterer, | 他是个流浪汉 |
[01:38] | and that guy was screaming at a fire hydrant. | 那个家伙冲一个消防栓尖叫 |
[01:42] | You, fresh meat, what are you in for? | 你 新来的 你怎么进来的 |
[01:45] | Up yours. | 关你屁事 |
[01:47] | Don’t rile ’em up. They’re bad news. | 别激怒他们 这帮人可不好惹 |
[01:49] | Oh, this place is so creepy, Don. | 这地方真压抑啊 唐 |
[01:51] | I knew jails had bars, | 我只知道监狱里有栏杆 |
[01:53] | but I didn’t know they were so confining. | 还真不知道栏杆这么窄 |
[01:56] | That’s kind of the idea. | 要的就是窄 |
[01:58] | Don, I can’t get out. | 唐 我卡住了 |
[02:00] | Don, help me. Get me out! Don! | 唐 救我 救我出来 唐 |
[02:02] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[02:04] | Turn your head. | 转转头 |
[02:06] | All right, get back, get back! | 好了 退后 退后 |
[02:47] | So, if he can’t pay his fine, he just– | 要是交不上保释金 他就只能… |
[02:50] | Well, he’ll just sit there for a few days | 就在里面蹲几天 |
[02:52] | and think about what he’s done. | 反省自己的所作所为 |
[02:54] | And that’ll teach him that jail is a dirty, horrible place, | 他会认识到监狱又脏又难捱 于是永远 |
[02:58] | and he’ll never want to return? | 也不想回来了 对吗 |
[02:59] | Exactly. In fact, this is the fifth time | 完全正确 不过 这是他第五次 |
[03:02] | he’s learned that very lesson. | 认识到这个道理 |
[03:04] | The fifth time? Why does he keep coming back? | 第五次 他为什么屡教不改 |
[03:07] | Ah, it’s just the way they are. | 犯人本性 |
[03:08] | Then what’s the point of this place? | 那监狱存在的意义是什么 |
[03:11] | It’s just a revolving door, | 就是一扇旋转门 |
[03:13] | a hopeless hotel | 一间压抑的旅馆 |
[03:14] | whose residents check in and out between crimes. | 服务对象仅限于犯罪人员 |
[03:18] | And you, Don, | 而你 唐 |
[03:19] | you’re nothing more than a bellhop with a badge. | 你就是个戴警徽的服务生 |
[03:21] | I am not. | 我不是 |
[03:23] | Hey, can I get a clean towel | 能不能给我拿条干净毛巾 |
[03:25] | and a Wall Street Journal? | 加一份《华尔街日报》 |
[03:26] | Will you shut up in there?! | 你能不能闭嘴 |
[03:29] | Now, listen here, Dick, | 听好 迪克 |
[03:30] | this system is the only way we’ve got | 这种司法制度是我们目前 |
[03:32] | to teach these guys a lesson. | 教训这帮人的唯一方法 |
[03:33] | What about giving them a little guidance? | 能否给他们一点引导呢 |
[03:35] | Uh, we don’t do that here. | 我们不那么干 |
[03:37] | Well, maybe you should. | 应该试一下 |
[03:38] | Unlike you, I happen to have faith in the human race. | 跟你不一样 我很相信人性 |
[03:42] | I can take any one of these men, rehabilitate him, | 我要从这些人中随便领一个 重塑他 |
[03:44] | and make him a productive member of society. | 将他变成一个对社会有用的人 |
[03:46] | – You’re mad, Solomon. – Am I? | -你疯了吧 所罗门 -我有吗 |
[03:49] | Come on, you, you’re coming home with me. | 过来 你 你跟我一起回家 |
[03:51] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[03:52] | I’m going to pay his fine and make him whole again. | 我要为他交保释金 然后重塑他 |
[03:55] | As god is my witness, | 苍天在上 |
[03:56] | nothing will deter me from saving this man. | 什么也阻挡不了我拯救这个人 |
[03:59] | Ok. His fine is $1,500. | 行 他赎金一千五 |
[04:06] | How much for the skinny one? | 那个瘦子要多少钱 |
[04:08] | Uh, 750. | 七百五 |
[04:09] | And the short hair in the corner? | 墙角里短头发那人呢 |
[04:11] | Eddie? 100 bucks. | 艾迪 一百 |
[04:12] | Wrap him up. I’ll take him. | 打包吧 就是他了 |
[04:33] | Well, I read in a magazine | 我在杂志里看过 |
[04:35] | it was a prosthetic. | 那是假肢 |
[04:38] | Oh, my god, what a mess. You’ve been robbed. | 老天 乱死了 你家被洗劫了 |
[04:41] | No. It’s just Pepper acting out. | 没有 是胡椒仔干的 |
[04:44] | He hates it whenever I leave the house. | 我一出门它就对屋子施虐 |
[04:46] | And you put up with it? | 你也受得了啊 |
[04:48] | Well, I don’t really go out much. | 我也不怎么出门 |
[04:52] | All this dog does is jump all over you | 这狗都骑到你头上来了 |
[04:54] | and ruin your furniture. Why do you keep him? | 断送你的家当 干嘛还养着它 |
[04:56] | Dick gave him to me. | 它是迪克送给我的 |
[04:58] | And? | 然后呢 |
[04:59] | And we’ve broken up. | 我们分手了 |
[05:01] | So… | 所以呢 |
[05:02] | so there’s no reason why I should keep this stupid dog. | 所以我再也不用养着这傻狗了 |
[05:05] | Very good. | 完全正确 |
[05:06] | Come on, Pepper. | 走吧 胡椒仔 |
[05:08] | Let’s go see daddy. | 找你爸去 |
[05:15] | Look, I really appreciate you paying my fine | 听我说 我非常感激你替我交保释金 |
[05:19] | and the soup and the 3-pack of underpants and everything, | 还有这汤和三条装内裤什么的 |
[05:24] | but I better get going. | 但是我得走了 |
[05:25] | No. You don’t have to go anywhere. | 别走 你哪儿都不用去 |
[05:27] | You’re staying here with us. | 你就和我们住在一起 |
[05:28] | Thanks, but you’ve done enough. | 谢谢 但是你做的已经够多了 |
[05:30] | That’s the problem, Eddie– | 这就是问题所在 艾迪 |
[05:31] | No one’s done enough. | 我们做的不够 |
[05:33] | No one’s ever taken responsibility for you. | 之前没有人为你负责 |
[05:35] | But I will. | 但我会的 |
[05:37] | This house, Eddie… | 这栋房子 艾迪 |
[05:41] | is a house of love. | 它充满了爱 |
[05:44] | But be warned– | 但你必须牢记 |
[05:46] | it is also a house of discipline. | 这里也是有纪律的 |
[05:50] | There will be rules, yes. | 这里也有规矩 |
[05:51] | There will be a curfew. | 有宵禁 |
[05:53] | However, that curfew is 3 A.M., | 不过 宵禁时间是凌晨三点 |
[05:55] | So it shouldn’t cramp your style. | 应该不会影响你那种生活 |
[05:58] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[05:59] | Oh, Sally, I’d like you to meet Eddie, | 莎莉 我给你介绍一下艾迪 |
[06:00] | my plain old regular friend Eddie. | 一位普通的正常的老朋友 艾迪 |
[06:04] | He’s been in prison. | 他进过局子 |
[06:06] | Ok, bend over. | 趴下 |
[06:08] | Sally, Sally, he’s a friend. | 莎莉 莎莉 他是我的朋友 |
[06:11] | He’s a guest. You will treat him with respect. | 他是客人 你得尊重他 |
[06:13] | Did you find anything? | 有什么发现吗 |
[06:14] | He’s clean. | 他没带家伙 |
[06:15] | Yeah. I knew he would be. | 当然 我就知道他不会 |
[06:18] | Well, that was a complete waste of time. | 根本就是浪费时间 |
[06:20] | The bookstore’s out of cliff notes, | 书店的名著导读都卖光了 |
[06:21] | and you spend 2 1/2 hours | 你这两个半小时光顾着 |
[06:23] | chatting up the girl at the visor hut. | 在房檐底下勾搭妹子 |
[06:26] | Yeah, who had heard of the book Little Women. | 人家妹子知道《小妇人》 |
[06:30] | Ok, that was helpful. | 好吧 那还有点用 |
[06:32] | But now I got to spend all night reading the book. | 可是我得通宵读书了 |
[06:34] | All right, listen, here’s what we’ll do. | 好了 听我说 我们可以这样 |
[06:36] | We’ll go to the video store, | 到录像店去 |
[06:37] | we’ll rent Little Women, the motion picture, all right? | 租盘《小妇人》的电影 如何 |
[06:40] | In 2 hours you’ll know the whole story. | 两个小时就能了解整个故事 |
[06:43] | Oh, Harry, Tommy, | 哈里 汤米 |
[06:45] | I’d like you to meet our new friend Eddie. | 给你们介绍咱家的新朋友 艾迪 |
[06:47] | He’s a criminal. | 他是个罪犯 |
[06:50] | Eddie, the bathroom is right in there. | 艾迪 浴室就在这边 |
[06:52] | Why don’t you go take a nice hot shower | 你去洗个热水澡吧 |
[06:54] | and scrub off the stench of incarceration? | 冲冲牢里的晦气 |
[06:59] | He means to kill us. | 他会杀了咱全家的 |
[07:00] | Oh, hush. How dare you?! | 嘘 怎么能这么说 |
[07:02] | This man is a human being, | 他是一个人类 |
[07:04] | and right now he’s giving me something to do. | 现在他给了我奋斗的目标 |
[07:07] | Dick, isn’t this a major security breach? | 迪克 这不是重大安全隐患吗 |
[07:09] | Oh, nonsense. | 胡说八道 |
[07:10] | It’s a magnificent experiment. | 这是个伟大的试验 |
[07:12] | I intend to prove that a nurturing family | 我将证明良好的家庭 |
[07:14] | and a solid role model | 和优秀的榜样 |
[07:16] | can turn a man’s life around. | 能够改变一个人的一生 |
[07:18] | And who would that role model be? | 谁是榜样 |
[07:20] | You’re lookin’ at him, sass mouth. | 废话 我就是 |
[07:22] | Dick? | 迪克 |
[07:23] | Well, Mary, what are you doing here? | 玛丽 你来这干什么 |
[07:26] | Returning your dog. | 还你狗啊 |
[07:27] | Well, Pepper’s not my dog. | 胡椒仔不是我的狗 |
[07:29] | He was a gift. | 它是一份礼物 |
[07:30] | Yeah. A gift I decided I don’t deserve. | 对 一份我受之有愧的礼物 |
[07:33] | Here, you take him. | 来 你领回吧 |
[07:34] | Oh, no. I–I–I wouldn’t dream of taking back | 不行 我没想要收回 |
[07:36] | a gift that I gave you. | 这是我给你的礼物 |
[07:38] | Well, you took back the stereo you gave me. | 你送我的立体音响你就收回了 |
[07:41] | That was surroundsound, baby. | 那可是环绕立体声的 |
[07:46] | Your lease says absolutely, positively no dogs. | 租约上写得清清楚楚 禁止养狗 |
[07:49] | Why, are you allergic? | 为什么 你对狗过敏吗 |
[07:51] | No. I just get nervous. | 不 我会紧张 |
[07:52] | You know how dogs like to dig? | 你知道狗有多爱刨地吗 |
[07:54] | I got 6 cats buried in the backyard. | 我后院里可埋着六只猫呢 |
[07:58] | Oh. You better make that 5. | 你还是算成五只吧 |
[08:04] | Not my problem. | 不关我的事 |
[08:06] | Not my dog anymore. | 已经不是我的狗了 |
[08:08] | We don’t want him. | 我们不想要它 |
[08:09] | – Well, I’m not taking him back. – Oh, naturally. | -我不会带它回去的 -又是这样 |
[08:11] | Nobody wants to take responsibility. | 没人愿意负责 |
[08:13] | I can see that yet again, it falls upon me… | 我再次意识到 要由我… |
[08:16] | to make Sally take responsibility. | 来安排莎莉负责 |
[08:19] | Oh, great. | 好嘛 |
[08:20] | I can’t believe I have to deal with that miserable creature. | 真受不了招待这种苦逼生物 |
[08:23] | You’re talking about me, aren’t you? | 你在影射我 是不是 |
[08:25] | Oh, yeah. | 正是 |
[08:32] | You call yourself a canine? | 你觉得你也配叫犬 |
[08:35] | You make me sick! | 我鄙视你 |
[08:38] | Wipe that smirk off your face! | 别傻笑了 |
[08:42] | From now on, when I say bark, | 从现在开始 我说叫 |
[08:44] | you say “How loud, sir?” | 你说”叫多响 长官” |
[08:46] | Or rather bark it as if to say, “How loud, sir?” | 或者用叫声表达”叫多响 长官” |
[08:49] | Do you understand me, private Tickbait? | 听懂没有 T大兵 |
[08:56] | At ease, soldier. | 稍息 士兵 |
[09:01] | I think you really got through to him. | 我觉得你已经搞定它了 |
[09:03] | Well, you know, you just got to show ’em who’s boss. | 你只要给它们个下马威 |
[09:05] | You lead, they follow. | 你发令 它们就服从 |
[09:08] | Oh, it’s that damn squirrel again. | 又是那个倒霉松鼠 |
[09:12] | Down, pepper! | 安静 胡椒仔 |
[09:18] | You know, Albright, it’s just a matter of really– | 看吧 欧布莱特 这才叫… |
[09:25] | So, uh, what do you say we just give him away? | 你觉得咱把它送人咋样 |
[09:28] | Sounds good. Ok. | 好办法 我同意 |
[09:35] | Well, I hope you’re enjoying your movie, Tommy. | 我希望你看得爽 汤米 |
[09:38] | Hey, it is not my fault | 不是我的错 |
[09:39] | that they didn’t have Little Women, all right? | 是他们没有《小妇人》好不好 |
[09:41] | But look, I got the “Fly”. | 但是你看 我租到了《变蝇人》 |
[09:45] | Well, how wonderful for you. | 您多会享受啊 |
[09:47] | Meanwhile, I still haven’t even finished– | 与此同时 我还没完成… |
[09:49] | Hey. That guy’s half fly. | 瞧 那家伙是半人半蝇 |
[09:57] | Hey, any calls for pepper yet? | 有人打电话领养胡椒仔吗 |
[09:59] | No. | 没 |
[10:00] | Well, I put flyers up | 我把传单 |
[10:01] | on every bulletin board on campus. | 贴遍了全校各个布告栏 |
[10:03] | How did you describe him? | 你怎么写的 |
[10:05] | Uh, big, yellow, and free. | 又大又黄还免费 |
[10:08] | Yes! Ok, remember, lie your butt off. | 记住 往死里忽悠 |
[10:10] | I am not going to lie. | 我才不骗人呢 |
[10:13] | Hello. | 喂 |
[10:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:16] | Well, uh, his name is pepper. | 它叫胡椒仔 |
[10:18] | He’s a yellow lab. | 黄色的拉布拉多犬 |
[10:20] | He’s very affectionate. | 它非常非常热情 |
[10:24] | Loves people. | 喜欢和人亲热 |
[10:27] | Ah. Well, fair question. | 啊 问得好 |
[10:29] | Um, I’ll be perfectly honest with you. | 我非常诚实地告诉你 |
[10:32] | I’m dying. | 我快死了 |
[10:40] | Thank you for giving Eddie a chance, Mr. Wexler. | 谢谢你给艾迪的机会 韦斯勒先生 |
[10:43] | No problem. | 没什么 |
[10:44] | There are just a couple of rules down here | 音像器材部这儿 |
[10:46] | in the audio-visual department, Eddie. | 只有几条规矩 艾迪 |
[10:49] | You start at 9:00, you get a 45-minute lunch, | 九点上班 午休时间45分钟 |
[10:52] | and all equipment request forms go right here. | 所有设备的申借表都在这里 |
[10:56] | Nothing… | 每件东西 |
[10:58] | Nothin’… | 每一件 |
[11:00] | goes out without one. | 借出必须要登记 |
[11:03] | And one more rule, Eddie. | 还有一条 艾迪 |
[11:04] | You’ll notice this equipment is clearly marked | 你可以看到这件设备上标明 |
[11:06] | property of Pendleton University. | 归潘德顿大学所有 |
[11:08] | It’s for lending, you know. | 它是用来借用的 |
[11:09] | Not for, um– | 不是用来 |
[11:11] | for stealing. | 偷的 |
[11:13] | Yeah. I got it. | 我明白 |
[11:16] | Well, I’ll leave you fellas to it. | 我先走 你们聊吧 |
[11:18] | Oh, this is such a proud moment for me, Eddie. | 现在是我的光荣时刻 艾迪 |
[11:21] | I’ve plucked you from your wretched life of recidivism, | 我已将你从悲惨的累犯生涯中救出 |
[11:25] | given you guidance and succor, | 给你引导和救助 |
[11:28] | and made you appreciate one of life’s most precious gifts– | 且让你感受到人生最宝贵的礼物之一 |
[11:34] | freedom! | 自由 |
[11:47] | Dinnertime! | 开饭了 |
[11:56] | Dinnertime! | 开饭了 |
[11:58] | You were serious? | 你有没有搞错 |
[11:59] | Yes. Now chop chop. Dinner’s getting cold. | 当然 快点起来 饭要凉了 |
[12:02] | Boy, since when do we eat together? | 咱什么时候开始一起吃饭了 |
[12:04] | We’re going to sit down and share our evening meal | 我们要坐在一起 共享晚餐 |
[12:07] | to show Eddie an example of a loving family. | 让艾迪看看什么叫模范家庭 |
[12:09] | Uh, I already ate. Sorry. | 我吃过了 不好意思 |
[12:11] | You’re going to sit down and eat again | 你必须过来坐下再吃一遍 |
[12:13] | if I have to shove the food down your throat. | 不然我就把饭塞你嗓子眼儿里 |
[12:15] | Now get in there! | 滚进去 |
[12:21] | Look out, he’s got a knife! | 当心 他手里有刀 |
[12:26] | Eddie, think about this. | 艾迪 好好想想 |
[12:28] | Put down the knife. | 把刀放下 |
[12:29] | You don’t want to do this. | 你不想这么做的 |
[12:30] | I don’t want to cut the chicken? | 我不想把鸡切开? |
[12:34] | Not before we’ve said grace. | 还没做祷告呢 |
[12:36] | Who’s going to say grace? Tommy, how about you? Hmm? | 谁来祷告 汤米 你来怎么样 |
[12:38] | Grace? | 祷告? |
[12:39] | Say it. | 来吧 |
[12:43] | Thank you for this second dinner. | 感谢上帝赐予第二顿晚饭 |
[12:45] | Sure to be an excruciating and uncomfortable– | 此饭必将磨难重重令人不爽 |
[12:48] | Amen. Thank you, Tommy. | 阿门 谢谢你 汤米 |
[12:50] | Hey. Who stole my spoon? | 谁把我勺偷走了 |
[12:56] | Oh, no, no, no. I forgot. | 不对 我忘了 |
[12:59] | It’s in my pocket. | 在我兜里 |
[13:02] | So, um, how was your day, Sally? | 莎莉 你今天过得如何 |
[13:05] | What’s it to you? | 跟你有关系吗 |
[13:08] | As a concerned and loving family member, | 作为一名关心你爱护你的家人 |
[13:11] | I’m naturally interested in how your day went. | 我自然想知道你过得怎么样 |
[13:13] | What’s it to you? | 跟你有关系吗 |
[13:16] | Eddie, how was your day? | 艾迪 你今天怎么样 |
[13:20] | Well, I, uh, checked a few projectors out. | 我 我签出了几台投影机 |
[13:24] | And then a little while later, | 过了一会儿 |
[13:28] | I checked them back in. | 我又把它们签回 |
[13:30] | Talk about being thrown in the deep end on your first day. | 分享第一天上班遇到的困难 |
[13:34] | It’s a good one. | 挺好的 |
[13:35] | Oh, by the way, I’ll be needing the, | 对了 我需要… |
[13:38] | the overhead projector for my morning class tomorrow. | 明天早课我要用高射投影机 |
[13:41] | I’d be happy to, but I can’t. | 我很想答应你 可不能给你 |
[13:43] | Professor Greenwald has reserved it. | 格林沃德教授已经预约了 |
[13:45] | Oh, and is professor Greenwald serving you chicken? | 格林沃德教授给你鸡肉吃了吗 |
[13:48] | I don’t think so. | 没有吧 |
[13:50] | No, but he filled out the form. Rules is rules. | 没 但是他填表了 规矩就是规矩 |
[13:54] | Oh, that’s funny, coming from a professional rule-breaker. | 有意思 专业不守规矩之人居然口出此言 |
[13:57] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[13:58] | Well, I believe it’s a reference to your life of crime. | 我认为是指你的犯罪生涯 |
[14:02] | Look. You’re the one who told me to follow the rules. | 你看 是你告诉我要遵守规则 |
[14:05] | What do you want from me? | 你到底想让我怎样 |
[14:06] | Maybe a little gratitude. | 也许有一点感恩之心 |
[14:08] | Well, I am grateful. | 我确实很感激 |
[14:09] | Then show it to me by giving me that projector! | 那就把那台投影机给我来证明啊 |
[14:11] | No! | 不行 |
[14:12] | You unappreciative, two-bit thug! | 你个不识抬举 不入流的恶棍 |
[14:14] | That’s it. I’m outta here! | 受够了 我走了 |
[14:15] | That’s right, run! | 好啊 快跑吧 |
[14:17] | That’s what you’re good at. Good riddance! | 你不就擅长跑路么 走了最好 |
[14:22] | We ought to do this more often. | 我们应该经常一起吃饭的 |
[14:41] | I assure you, he grows on you! | 我保证 它会爱你爱到扑倒你的 |
[14:52] | Come on, Albright, say good-bye | 来 欧布莱特 说再见吧 |
[14:54] | and let’s get out of here already. | 然后我们就走 |
[14:55] | So, uh, you’re going to give him to somebody nice, right? | 你会把它送给一个好人家的 对吧 |
[14:58] | Well, we’ll give him to somebody. | 我们会把它送人 |
[15:00] | But not just anyone. | 不是随便送吧 |
[15:01] | No, not anyone. | 不是随便送 |
[15:03] | They got to come in here and have 5 bucks. | 他们得到这来 还得交五块钱 |
[15:09] | He’s in good hands, don’t you think? | 它会被好人收养的 你说呢 |
[15:11] | Yeah, the best. | 对 最好的人 |
[15:15] | Is Eddie back yet? | 艾迪回来了吗 |
[15:17] | No. I haven’t seen him. | 没有 我没见着 |
[15:18] | Well, if he shows up, tell him he’s forgiven | 你要看见他 告诉他我原谅他了 |
[15:20] | and give him a warm supportive hug for me. | 还要替我给他一个温暖的拥抱 |
[15:24] | Yeah, Dick, I’ll be doing that. | 好的 迪克 您瞧好吧 |
[15:27] | Just a second, guys. I, uh, | 稍等一下 两位 我 |
[15:29] | left my notebook in the other room. | 我把笔记落在隔壁屋了 |
[15:35] | Oh, I’m in big trouble, Tommy. | 我麻烦大了 汤米 |
[15:36] | My study group’s here, | 学习小组来了 |
[15:38] | I haven’t even finished the first chapter, | 可我连第一章还没读完 |
[15:40] | and for this, I blame you. | 搞成这样 全都怪你 |
[15:43] | Well, then this is a golden opportunity right here. | 现在大好机会就在面前 |
[15:46] | Just go in there, listen to what they have to say, | 只要往那一坐 听他们讨论 |
[15:48] | and write it down. | 抄下来 |
[15:49] | There’s your 500 words. | 你的五百字就齐活儿了 |
[15:50] | Listen. Write. Gotcha. | 听 抄 懂了 |
[15:58] | So, those women were pretty little, weren’t they? | 那个 那些妇人好小啊 是吧 |
[16:08] | What are your thoughts? | 你有什么看法 |
[16:10] | When Jo went to the city, | 当乔来到城市 |
[16:13] | my heart went with her. | 我的心就被她牵动着 |
[16:16] | Her dreams were so pure. | 她的梦想是如此单纯 |
[16:18] | Yeah, purely selfish. | 是啊 单纯的自私 |
[16:22] | She runs off to the city, | 她跑去城市 |
[16:24] | leaves her sister out in the sticks while she partied. | 参加聚会风流快活 却把妹妹丢在乡下 |
[16:28] | Yeah, well, I read it differently, | 好吧 我的见解不大一样 |
[16:30] | but please. Continue. | 不过你们请继续 |
[16:33] | Don’t let him continue. He’s stupid. | 别让他说了 他脑残 |
[16:38] | Literature is open to interpretation. | 一千个读者就有一千个哈姆雷特 |
[16:42] | Harry, it’s gone! It’s gone! | 哈里 没了 没了 |
[16:44] | Whoa! What’s gone? | 什么没了 |
[16:45] | The rambler. It’s gone. And so is Eddie! | 咱家车没了 艾迪也没了 |
[16:48] | Oh! Someone stole the rambler and Eddie! | 有人偷走了咱的车和艾迪 |
[16:51] | No, you idiot. Eddie stole the rambler. | 不是 你个白痴 艾迪偷走了咱的车 |
[16:55] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[16:58] | You were saying? | 你说到哪了 |
[17:04] | Ok, let me get this straight. | 让我理一理 |
[17:05] | You bailed the guy out of jail, | 你把这家伙从监狱里保释出来 |
[17:07] | you brought him into your home, | 把他带进你家 |
[17:08] | gave him the keys to your house, to your car, | 给他房子钥匙和车钥匙 |
[17:11] | and now you’re surprised he’s stolen it. | 现在 你很意外他偷了你的车 |
[17:13] | Oh, sure, hindsight is 20-20. | 当局者迷嘛 |
[17:16] | Uh, we would have warned you, Dick, but, | 我们本该警告你的 迪克 不过嘛 |
[17:18] | – you know, we did! – I know you did. | -我们警告过了 -我知道 |
[17:20] | I was blinded by the fervor of my faith in mankind. | 对人类的盲目相信蒙蔽了我 |
[17:23] | Damn my lack of cynicism! | 绝对的人善被人欺 |
[17:25] | Here’s your man, Dick. | 你找的人在这 迪克 |
[17:26] | Oh, Don, thank god! | 唐 谢天谢地 |
[17:28] | Yeah, he thought he could get away with it, | 他以为他能逃得出去 |
[17:30] | but I hunted him down like a dog. | 但我如猎狗般将其拿下 |
[17:33] | You bumped into me at the grocery store. | 你在杂货店碰巧遇到我的 |
[17:36] | That’s hearsay. | 他瞎扯 |
[17:38] | Oh, I’m disappointed, Eddie. | 我很失望 艾迪 |
[17:41] | You stole my car, and you broke my heart. | 你偷走我的车 伤透我的心 |
[17:43] | But do you know what’s the worst thing of all? | 可你知道最坏的是什么吗 |
[17:45] | – What? – You stole my car! | -什么 -偷走我的车 |
[17:48] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[17:49] | Do you want a taste of my taser? | 想尝尝电棍的滋味儿吗 |
[17:50] | Well, then you just keep talking. | 想尝就接着狡辩 |
[17:51] | Come on. We’re going to jail. | 走 我们回拘留所 |
[17:52] | Uh, not so fast. | 别这么急 |
[17:54] | Eddie, I hope you’ve learned a valuable lesson. | 艾迪 我希望你汲取了教训 |
[17:57] | I know I have. | 我已经汲取了 |
[17:59] | I gave you my trust. I gave you every benefit of the doubt. | 我给你信任 毫无保留地信任你 |
[18:03] | And how did you repay me? | 你是怎么回报我的 |
[18:05] | By taking advantage of my trusting nature and betraying me. | 利用我对你的信任 背叛了我 |
[18:08] | I hope you feel really, really, really, bad. | 我希望你能感到十分非常特别惭愧 |
[18:11] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么啦 |
[18:12] | Oh, Eddie stole the car. | 艾迪偷车 |
[18:13] | Which one? | 哪个车 |
[18:14] | That car. | 这个车 |
[18:25] | Eddie, please, you can’t leave! | 艾迪 求你 你不能走 |
[18:27] | A man makes one mistake, | 犯一次错 |
[18:28] | and you hold it against him for life? | 你就一辈子揪着不放吗 |
[18:29] | Works for you. | 原句奉还 |
[18:31] | This is no time for irony! Eddie! | 不是讽刺的时候 艾迪 |
[18:33] | – Sally! – Mary! | -莎莉 -玛丽 |
[18:34] | Dick, where’s Sally? | 迪克 莎莉在哪儿 |
[18:36] | Oh, who cares? | 谁管她 |
[18:37] | Eddie’s leaving me. | 艾迪要离开我了 |
[18:38] | But I– | 可我… |
[18:39] | Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! | 狗 狗 狗 狗 |
[18:42] | Am I the only one around here | 这儿只有我一个人 |
[18:43] | who understands the phrase “No dogs”? | 明白”禁狗”的涵义吗 |
[18:45] | Well, I just have to find Sally. | 我要找莎莉 |
[18:46] | I went to the pound to see pepper, but he’s gone! | 我到收容所去看胡椒仔 可它不见了 |
[18:49] | Where did these two come from? | 这两只是从哪儿来的 |
[18:50] | Well, they were just sitting | 它们当时待在 |
[18:51] | in a cold, hard cell with no chewies. | 又冷又硬的笼子里 连磨牙骨都没有 |
[18:53] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll forget about the projector thing, | 听我说 我会忘掉投影机的事 |
[18:56] | and you forget about the false arrests. | 你也忘掉非法拘捕的事吧 |
[18:57] | No way! | 没门儿 |
[18:59] | Look, Eddie, have some more soup. | 艾迪 再喝点汤吧 |
[19:00] | No more soup! | 我才不喝 |
[19:01] | No, it’s good. It’s warm. | 对身体好 还热乎的 |
[19:03] | Like you know anything about new England | 就好像英格兰19世纪的事儿 |
[19:07] | in the 19th century! | 你都知道似的 |
[19:09] | Hey, could you keep it down? | 你们能小声点吗 |
[19:10] | I’m trying to finish my report over here. | 我正写读书报告呢 |
[19:12] | You shut up, you cheater. | 闭嘴吧你 抄袭分子 |
[19:15] | All right. All right. How many words do you got? | 好了好了 已经多少字了 |
[19:17] | 498. I need 2 more words. | 498 还差两个字 |
[19:22] | The end. | “完结” |
[19:23] | Genius! | 真有才 |
[19:24] | Cheater! | 抄袭分子 |
[19:27] | Think about everything we’ve been through together. | 想想咱们经历过的这些事儿吧 |
[19:29] | That’s what I am thinking of. | 我正想着呢 |
[19:30] | Isn’t it enough that a brilliant, compassionate man | 你让卓越杰出有同情心的人像个傻瓜 |
[19:33] | now feels like a fool? | 这还不够吗 |
[19:34] | – Albright! – Sally! | -欧布莱特 -莎莉 |
[19:36] | Albright, I have been looking all over for you. | 欧布莱特 我四处找你 |
[19:39] | I feel so badly about what we’ve done. | 我很后悔送走了胡椒仔 |
[19:41] | I know. Me, too. | 我知道 我也一样 |
[19:41] | I went to the pound to find pepper, but he’s gone! | 我到收容站去找胡椒仔 可它不见了 |
[19:44] | No, he’s not. Soldier! | 不是的 它在 士兵 |
[19:46] | Pepper! | 胡椒仔 |
[19:48] | Why is there another dog here? | 怎么还有一只狗 |
[19:52] | My dog is back! | 我的狗回来了 |
[19:54] | Oh, my boy, he missed me. | 好孩子 它想我了 |
[20:02] | Eddie, did I make no difference to your life? | 艾迪 我令你的生活毫无改变吗 |
[20:05] | Is there nothing that you’ll remember fondly? | 没有一件事让你深情怀念吗 |
[20:07] | The chicken wasn’t bad. | 鸡肉还不错 |
[20:10] | Eddie, Eddie, if you’ll just sign this release form, | 艾迪 艾迪 你签了这个免责声明 |
[20:12] | I’ll be on my way. | 我这就走人 |
[20:13] | What’s it for? | 干什么用的 |
[20:15] | Uh, it just absolves us of any wrongdoing | 声明我们无缘故无证据 |
[20:17] | in arresting you for no reason | 拘捕你的不当行为 |
[20:19] | and with no evidence. It’s standard. | 是合法的 只是走个标准程序 |
[20:22] | I’ll have my lawyer look at it. | 我会让我的律师看看的 |
[20:31] | All in all, I think things worked out pretty well. | 总之 我认为事情进展得很顺利 |
[20:35] | Oh, I agree. | 同意 |
[20:36] | We prepared Eddie nicely for his return to society. | 我们为艾迪回归社会做好了准备 |
[20:39] | Well, we proved he didn’t steal the car. | 我们证实他并没有偷车 |
[20:41] | He’s got to feel good about that. | 对此他应该感到满意 |
[20:42] | We have nothing to be ashamed about. | 咱们没什么可惭愧的 |
[20:46] | What say we never speak of this incident ever again? | 这事儿以后就不要再提了 |
[20:49] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[20:51] | Of course, unless we’re subpoenaed. | 当然了 除非我们被传唤 |
[20:54] | In which case, we’ll just lie. | 那样的话 咱们撒谎就好啦 |
[20:59] | – Yes! – Yes! | -行 -行 |
[21:04] | You know, I really feel like I accomplished something. | 我真的感觉自己小有所成 |
[21:07] | It’s not easy to change a man. | 江山易改 人性难移 |
[21:09] | Or a dog. You know, I found | 狗性也难移 我发现 |
[21:10] | it’s virtually impossible to teach a dog, | 驯狗是几乎不可能的 |
[21:13] | especially an old one, anything new. | 尤其年纪大的狗 教不会任何新东西 |
[21:15] | You know, like a trick. | 小游戏什么的 |
[21:16] | Wow, that’s a good point. | 说的不错 |
[21:19] | Oh! You guys, I got my book report back. | 同志们 我拿到读书报告的回批了 |
[21:21] | Oh, yeah, what’d you get? | 你得了什么 |
[21:23] | “Please see me.” | “到我办公室来一趟” |
[21:26] | Well, well, there you go. | 那你就去呗 |
[21:28] | She wants to congratulate you in person. | 她想当面表扬你 |
[21:30] | Well, all right. | 那好吧 |
[21:56] | Oh, Eddie, that’s funny, but let me out. | 艾迪 你真会逗乐 放我出去 |
[21:59] | Lights out! Lock in! | 关灯 上锁 |