时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Sally? | 莎莉 |
[00:06] | Hi, Don. | 你好啊 唐 |
[00:07] | Got your message. | 收到你短信了 |
[00:08] | I saw you being interviewed on the news today. | 今天看到你的新闻采访了 |
[00:10] | The camera loves you. | 很上镜哟 |
[00:11] | Yeah. I’ve been working on a big case, Sally. | 是啊 我手头有个大案子 莎莉 |
[00:14] | A case involving murder. | 一桩凶杀案 |
[00:15] | Murder, Don? | 凶杀案吗 唐 |
[00:17] | That’s right, Sally. Murder with a capital “M.” | 没错 莎莉 大写字母”M”开头的 |
[00:20] | Unless it’s in the middle of a sentence. | 但句子中间又不能大写 |
[00:22] | Then it’s a small “m”. | 只能是小写”m” |
[00:24] | Yeah, yeah, that’s right. | 对 你说得对 |
[00:26] | So, um, maybe you want to go get some lunch? | 一起去吃午饭吧 |
[00:28] | Well, I’m on duty, and, uh– | 我要值班 而且… |
[00:32] | I’m real hungry. | 我饿死了 |
[00:34] | Great. I’ll go get my coat. | 很好 我去拿外套 |
[00:45] | Hey, Don? | 嘿 唐 |
[00:48] | Huh? Yeah? What? | 在 怎么了 |
[00:49] | I thought we could try that new Mexican place. | 咱可以去新开那家墨西哥餐馆尝尝鲜 |
[00:51] | Oh, yeah, Mexican. | 好啊 墨西哥 |
[00:52] | That’s–that’s–oh, god! | 真是…天哪 |
[00:59] | Hey, what’s the matter, Tommy? | 汤米你怎么了 |
[01:01] | I have to write a 20-page history paper by tomorrow. | 明天要交一份20页的历史论文 |
[01:05] | Oooh…that’s tough. | 深表同情 |
[01:07] | Oh! Oh! And on top of that, | 比那个还惨的是 |
[01:08] | George Capisorros was waiting for me after school | 放学后乔治·卡皮索罗斯 |
[01:10] | to beat me up ’cause I | 守在那要揍我 |
[01:12] | wouldn’t let him cheat off my Algebra test. | 就因为我没让他抄我代数卷 |
[01:14] | Whoa. So what did you do, hop the fence and run home? | 那你怎么着 翻墙逃回来的 |
[01:16] | No. I kicked his ass, but, I mean, that’s not the point. | 没有 我反揍了他 但这不是重点 |
[01:19] | I shouldn’t have to do that. | 我本来不用揍他的 |
[01:21] | Oh, Tommy, good. I have an assignment for you. | 汤米 很好 我有个任务给你 |
[01:24] | What? | 什么 |
[01:25] | Some students were handing out this leaflet on the campus. | 有帮学生在校园里分发这些传单 |
[01:28] | It’s for a secret underground party called a rave. | 说是个叫狂欢夜的秘密派对 |
[01:31] | I think you should investigate it. | 调查任务交给你了 |
[01:32] | No, Dick. These things are loud and hot. | 不行 迪克 这种聚会又热又吵 |
[01:35] | Everybody’s on something. It’s not for me. | 全体嗑药 我才不去 |
[01:37] | Oh, you sound like an old man. | 你说话口气好像老头 |
[01:41] | I am an old man. | 我本来就是老头 |
[01:42] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[01:43] | Uh-huh. You guys forget that, huh. | 你们都忘了吗 |
[01:45] | I’m older than you are. | 我年纪最大 |
[01:46] | I’m sick and tired of acting like a kid. | 真是受够了要装嫩 |
[01:48] | Well, it’s no cakewalk being the dashing patriarch, | 你以为装深沉容易吗 |
[01:51] | but I deal with it. | 我也得忍着 |
[01:52] | At my age, I shouldn’t have to deal with anything. | 我这把年纪 就该歇着 |
[01:55] | I should have no worries. | 轻松自在 |
[01:56] | I should be carefree. | 怡享天年 |
[01:58] | Oh, I know what this is all about. | 哦 我知道你有啥企图了 |
[02:00] | You want a Nintendo. | 你想讹个游戏机 |
[02:02] | No! I want to relax! | 才不是 我想休息 |
[02:04] | You know what? I’m through. | 你们知道吗 我不干了 |
[02:07] | What are you saying? | 你说什么呢 |
[02:08] | I’m retiring from the mission. | 我要退出这次任务 |
[02:09] | Effective immediately. | 立即生效 |
[02:13] | Old guys say the darnedest things. | 老人家最捉摸不透了 |
[02:55] | I cannot believe this! | 不敢相信 |
[02:56] | I’ve never heard of anybody retiring | 以前从来没有人 |
[02:58] | in the middle of a mission before! | 在任务中途退休的 |
[02:59] | Can he do this?! | 这也行吗 |
[03:00] | It happens. | 总有例外 |
[03:01] | But it’s rare. | 虽然少见 |
[03:03] | Sometimes it’s unavoidable. | 有时不可避免 |
[03:05] | But it happens. | 但总有例外 |
[03:08] | But it’s rare. | 虽然少见 |
[03:09] | God! Tommy was the only one who knew anything, | 天哪 汤米本应是万事通 |
[03:12] | and he didn’t know anything! We’re screwed! | 他还啥都不知道 咱们完蛋了 |
[03:14] | Tommy was a little tense, that’s all. | 汤米只是有点心烦意乱 |
[03:17] | And he said some things that he didn’t mean. | 所以会口不择言 |
[03:18] | Trust me. He is not going to retire. | 相信我 他不会退休的 |
[03:20] | Hey, guys. Look what I found in the basement. | 同志们 看我在地下室发现了什么 |
[03:24] | Hogans, eh? | 牌子货 |
[03:26] | Tommy, you can’t be serious. | 汤米 你来真的啊 |
[03:28] | Well, actually, Dick, | 其实 迪克 |
[03:29] | I’ve been thinking about it for a while. | 这事儿我研究很久了 |
[03:30] | And, you know, uh, this was never my dream job. | 你也知道 这工作我一直不喜欢 |
[03:33] | So are you gonna go back to the home planet? | 所以你要回母星了吗 |
[03:35] | Nah. So drafty there. | 不回 老家风大 |
[03:37] | There’s that film in the air, you know. | 还有那种露天电影 |
[03:40] | I like it on earth. | 地球上的比较好 |
[03:41] | There’s, uh, women, gravity. | 还有女人 重力 |
[03:42] | It’s nice. | 都好都好 |
[03:44] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go to the park. | 现在 失陪了各位 我要去公园 |
[03:47] | Feed some ducks. | 喂喂鸭子 |
[03:51] | It’s just not gonna be the same without him. | 物是人非啊 |
[03:53] | Oh, don’t worry. He’ll be back. | 别担心 他会回来的 |
[03:54] | I’m sure gonna miss him. | 我肯定会想他的 |
[03:57] | Can I have his job? | 能把他的职位给我吗 |
[04:04] | I don’t know why I even bother to lecture. | 这课我还讲个什么劲儿啊 |
[04:06] | Most of my students just copy their term papers | 我大多数学生的学期论文 |
[04:08] | out of the encyclopedia, anyway. | 都是在百科全书上抄的 |
[04:10] | I’m sure that’s not true. | 不会吧 |
[04:12] | This one’s photocopied! | 直接复印的 |
[04:15] | I swear, sometimes this job just sucks the life out of me. | 我敢说 为这工作我都能折寿 |
[04:20] | Do you ever wonder | 你有没有想过 |
[04:21] | if maybe you made a wrong choice in life? | 也许人生中的某些选择是错的 |
[04:23] | You know, with your job? | 比如 你的工作 |
[04:24] | No! No. | 哪能呢 |
[04:26] | I always wanted to teach half-baked morons | 我一直想在一个二流大学 |
[04:29] | at a second-rate university. | 教一群半吊子学生 |
[04:31] | – And here you are. – Here I am. | -那你梦想成真了 -成真了 |
[04:33] | But I did have dreams when I was younger. | 我年轻时的确有过梦想 |
[04:36] | You did? Like what? | 有吗 比如说 |
[04:37] | Oh, it-it’s silly. | 很傻的 |
[04:39] | No, no, no! Tell me. | 不不不 说来听听 |
[04:42] | Well, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a singer. | 我小时候梦想当个歌唱家 |
[04:45] | You know, a torch singer, | 感伤情歌小天后 |
[04:47] | like Peggy Lee or Ella Fitzgerald. | 就像佩吉·李或者艾拉·费兹杰拉 |
[04:49] | I even had a stage name picked out. | 我还起艺名了呢 |
[04:52] | Marlena Albrecht. | 马列娜·欧布切特 |
[04:55] | Marlena… | 马列娜 |
[04:57] | A smoky room… a martini in my hand… | 房间里烟雾缭绕 我手持一杯马提尼 |
[05:00] | spotlight, just me, center stage. | 聚光灯下 独自站在舞台中央 |
[05:04] | With a hep cat backing you up on a standup bass. | 爵士乐手在旁用大提琴给你伴奏 |
[05:11] | I’d wear gloves– long, black gloves. | 我戴着手套 黑色长手套 |
[05:15] | I’d have an opium problem. | 我吸毒成瘾 |
[05:20] | Slap that bass! | 节奏疯狂起来 |
[05:23] | You are some messed-up white people. | 白人同胞的脸都给您二位丢干净了 |
[05:30] | Sally? | 莎莉 |
[05:49] | Don? | 唐 |
[05:51] | I’m so glad you’re here! I was worried about you. | 你来了就好 我还在担心呢 |
[05:54] | You left so quickly yesterday. | 昨天你走得那么匆忙 |
[05:55] | Well, I–I–I got a call on the, uh, the, um, | 我 我被那个 那个 |
[05:59] | the walkie-talkie! | 对讲机召唤的 |
[06:01] | You know, about the–the murder thing. | 就是关于凶杀案的事 |
[06:02] | Wow! You want to grab some lunch? | 要不要一起吃个午饭 |
[06:05] | Oh! Sure! I’ll just, um, get out of this chair. | 当然了 我只要从椅子上站起来 |
[06:08] | There’s…no reason for me not to. | 我没有理由不起来 |
[06:13] | Oh, look– | 你看… |
[06:18] | Where’d it go? | 哪去了 |
[06:20] | Where did what go? | 什么哪去了 |
[06:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:26] | I’ll just, uh, go grab my sweater, Ok? | 我去拿一下毛衣 |
[06:38] | Oh…Harry. I need some information. | 哈里 我需要一些信息 |
[06:42] | – Well, I got information! – What? | -我有的是信息 -什么 |
[06:44] | On this day in rock ‘n’ roll history, “The Who”– | 在摇滚乐史上的今天 “谁人乐队”… |
[06:47] | Enough information! | 你够了你 |
[06:49] | Harry, I need you to do something for me. | 哈里 我要你为我办件事 |
[06:52] | I’ll tell you where “The Who” went and why. | 我会告诉你”谁人乐队”的目的和原因 |
[06:54] | No! Mary is trudging through life under | 不用 玛丽夙愿未了 |
[06:56] | the weight of an unfulfilled dream, | 人生备受煎熬 |
[06:59] | and we’re gonna make that dream come true for her. | 我们要帮她实现梦想 |
[07:01] | Mmmm…this sounds like it’s gonna be hard. | 听起来 好像很难哦 |
[07:04] | Very hard. Tommy could do it with his eyes shut. | 是很难 人家汤米闭着眼睛都能搞定 |
[07:11] | Ok, take this down. | 好吧 记下来 |
[07:14] | I need you to find a place– | 我要你去找一个地方… |
[07:19] | I…need…you…to… | 我…要…你…去… |
[07:25] | Harry, forget writing it down. | 哈里 别写了 |
[07:27] | Just memorize it. | 用脑子记 |
[07:28] | I need you to find a place– | 我要你去找一个地方… |
[07:33] | I need you to find– | 我要你去找… |
[07:37] | Harry, forget memorizing it. | 哈里 别记了 |
[07:39] | Just listen to me, all right? | 就听我说 好不好 |
[07:41] | I need you to find a place | 我要你去找一个地方 |
[07:43] | where Mary can sing her little heart out. | 能让玛丽唱出她的心声 |
[07:44] | I don’t care how many toes you have to step on | 我不管你用什么办法 |
[07:46] | or how many arms you have to twist. | 使出什么解数 |
[07:48] | You must not take no for an answer. | 你必须将此事解决 |
[07:51] | Mary performs Saturday night! Have you got that? | 星期六晚 玛丽要登台演出 明白吗 |
[07:56] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[07:57] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:59] | I was thinkin’ about cake. | 我在想蛋糕来着 |
[08:05] | – Quincunx. – Huh? | -可以拼”五点形” -什么 |
[08:07] | Uh, quincunx. | 五点形 |
[08:08] | Quincunx? | 五点形 |
[08:09] | Yeah, you know– | 对 就是… |
[08:10] | an arrangement of 5 objects in a square | 一个正方形里五个点 |
[08:12] | with one at each corner and one in the center. | 四点顶角 一点中心 |
[08:15] | Quincunx! | 五点形 |
[08:17] | Wait a second, there. | 等一下 |
[08:19] | You gonna challenge me? | 想挑战我吗 |
[08:21] | I wouldn’t challenge him. | 别跟他斗 |
[08:23] | You’re a pretty smart kid. | 小鬼挺机灵 |
[08:25] | I’m not a kid. | 我不是小鬼 |
[08:26] | Well, fine, fine. Who cares? Sit down. | 行 管他呢 坐下 |
[08:29] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:34] | You got zeolite: z-e-o– | 你可以拼”沸石” Z-e-o– |
[08:37] | I saw it! | 我看出来了 |
[08:45] | Hello! | 你好 |
[08:47] | Can I help you? | 需要什么吗 |
[08:48] | Yes! I need some information. Who’s the manager? | 是的 我需要信息 谁是经理 |
[08:51] | That would be me. | 正是在下 |
[08:52] | Ah! Well, have I got an act for you. | 我有个演出安排 |
[08:55] | A lady with a voice like an angel. | 此女声如天籁 |
[08:57] | She’ll knock your socks off, she will. | 保你折服 |
[08:58] | Terrific. | 好啊 |
[09:00] | And I’m not takin’ no for an answer. | 我不接受拒绝 |
[09:03] | No, great idea. | 可以 好主意 |
[09:04] | We could use some live music around here. | 现场演出也不错 |
[09:06] | I’ll turn off the radio. | 我会把电台关了 |
[09:07] | Hey! I didn’t drive 5 miles to get shot down. | 我五里迢迢开车过来不是吃闭门羹的 |
[09:13] | I said it was fine! | 我说过可以的啊 |
[09:15] | You listen to me, Charlie! | 听我说 查理 |
[09:17] | I don’t make promises, | 我不轻易做承诺 |
[09:18] | but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let you | 你要是把她的梦想搞砸了 |
[09:20] | stomp all over this woman’s dreams, capisce?! | 我的信誉就砸了 懂吗 |
[09:22] | I–I said it was– | 我 我说过… |
[09:23] | I don’t care what you said! | 老子不管你说过啥 |
[09:27] | I said it was fine! I said it was fine! | 我说可以 我说可以 |
[09:34] | Gracias, amigo. | 谢谢你 朋友 |
[09:40] | This…is the lounge. | 这儿是娱乐室 |
[09:43] | Down there, the TV room. | 那边是影音室 |
[09:46] | We get movies every Sunday and Tuesday. | 我们每周日周二都看电影 |
[09:50] | Yesterday… Willy Wonka. | 昨天是《威利·旺卡》 |
[09:53] | Tomorrow… the Poseidon adventure. | 明天是《海神号遇险记》 |
[09:57] | Shelly Winters goes swimming in her slip. | 谢利·温特斯湿身泳 |
[10:01] | Ooh. Decent. | 正点 |
[10:02] | And here’s where the gals play mahjong. | 女生们就在这打麻将 |
[10:05] | We got a lot of gals. | 这儿有很多女生 |
[10:07] | Plus your cribbage, your canasta, | 还有克里比奇纸牌 凯纳斯特纸牌 |
[10:10] | and your bridge. | 还有桥牌 |
[10:11] | Oh! You have everything. | 应有尽有啊 |
[10:12] | And through there, the cafeteria. | 穿过那里 就是餐厅 |
[10:14] | 3 square meals a day. | 供应一日三餐 |
[10:16] | Norman, my man. | 诺曼 我的兄弟 |
[10:18] | I’m home! | 我到家啦 |
[10:28] | Wow. So this is where they store all the old people. | 他们把老人都装在这里呀 |
[10:33] | You know, I like this place. | 我喜欢这地方 |
[10:35] | Some guy out there just called me “son.” | 外面有个人喊我”小子” |
[10:39] | Gin. | 在玩扑克 |
[10:40] | Gin. | 赢了 |
[10:41] | Ooh! Lester! | 莱斯特 |
[10:43] | You are cookin’ with gas. | 你手气太强了 |
[10:45] | – What is that, 2 in a row? – Yep. | -怎么着 连胜两轮 -没错 |
[10:47] | I owe ya 55 cents, ya scoundrel. | 我欠你55美分 你个老滑头 |
[10:49] | – Tommy. – Sally! | -汤米 -莎莉 |
[10:51] | This is the one I was telling you about, Lester. | 我说的就是她 莱斯特 |
[10:54] | Was I right? Is she beautiful? | 没骗你吧 她漂亮吧 |
[10:56] | And still not married. | 而且还没结婚 |
[10:57] | It kills me, really. | 我是真着急啊 |
[10:59] | You know, Lester’s grandson’s a periodontist. | 莱斯特的孙子是个牙医 |
[11:01] | Very comfortable. | 有身家的 |
[11:04] | Your deal, Tommy. | 洗牌 汤米 |
[11:05] | Oh, I’m gonna sit this one out, | 这局我就不玩儿了 |
[11:07] | spend some time with my family. | 跟家人聚聚 |
[11:10] | Uh, nice to meet y’all, | 幸会 |
[11:11] | and, you know, that Bess is one lucky lady. | 贝丝真是个幸运的女士 |
[11:13] | Hey, don’t we know it. We love her. | 是啊 都知道 我们都爱她 |
[11:18] | I couldn’t agree with you more. | 这一点万分赞同 |
[11:22] | Who’s Bess? | 贝丝是谁 |
[11:24] | Well, she’s my ticket in here. | 她是我的挡箭牌 |
[11:26] | Anytime someone asks, I just say | 有人问 我就说 |
[11:27] | I’m visiting my great aunt Bess. | 是来看望我的姑姥姥贝丝 |
[11:29] | Where do you sleep? | 你睡哪儿 |
[11:31] | Well, there’s a couple of empty rooms. | 这儿有好几间空房 |
[11:32] | And if anyone hassles me, | 要是有人撵我 |
[11:33] | I just say I’m staying over to help my great aunt Bess. | 我就说要留下来照顾姑姥姥贝丝 |
[11:36] | Hey! Are those new shoes? | 新鞋吗 |
[11:38] | Oh, yeah! The fellows and I went to the outlet store. | 对 我跟几个哥们去逛街 |
[11:40] | I got these. 15.99! | 买了这双 15块9毛9 |
[11:43] | I feel like I’m walkin’ on air. | 走起来就像空中漫步一样 |
[11:45] | Tommy! Come on in here, will ya, please? | 汤米 过来一下 可以吗 |
[11:48] | A whole new episode of “Nash Bridges” is comin’ on. | 《旧金山特警》最新一集出来了 |
[11:50] | – Come on! – I’m comin’. | -快点 -就来 |
[11:52] | You’re gonna miss the whole first part. Come on! | 第一段都赶不上了 快点 |
[11:54] | Just one second. | 就等一下下 |
[11:55] | I’m not gonna lose my seat, I’ll tell ya right now. | 位子都快被人挤没了 告诉你 |
[11:57] | I’m comin’, Stanley! Shh! I’m gonna come! | 我就来 斯坦利 我就来 |
[12:00] | Oh, my god… | 真要命 |
[12:01] | Shut up, Stanley! | 闭嘴 斯坦利 |
[12:05] | He’s very… | 他太… |
[12:07] | I’m gonna go, though. | 好吧 我过去了 |
[12:09] | But you guys come by anytime. | 你们随时可以来 |
[12:12] | It makes me feel good when you visit. | 你们来看我 我很欣慰 |
[12:19] | Oh, Nina, how’s my guest list coming for Saturday night? | 尼娜 星期六晚上请的客人怎么说 |
[12:23] | Uh, Judith can’t make it, | 朱蒂丝来不了了 |
[12:24] | Dr. Suiter can’t make it, | 苏特教授也来不了 |
[12:26] | and Dr. Strudwick is flying to Philadelphia. | 斯塔威克教授要飞去费城 |
[12:28] | Well, at least you’ll be there. | 至少你能来 |
[12:29] | Well, actually, I’m driving Dr. Strudwick to the airport. | 其实呢 我要开车送斯塔威克教授去机场 |
[12:32] | – No! – If he’ll let me. | -不是吧 -如果他让我去的话 |
[12:35] | Your loss! | 你别后悔 |
[12:37] | Oh, uh, say, Mary. | 那个 玛丽 |
[12:39] | Have you ever heard of a little place called the Stonehouse? | 你听说过石屋餐厅吗 |
[12:43] | You mean that rat hole | 是去年公路旁 |
[12:44] | by the highway that burned down last year? | 那个失过火的小破房吗 |
[12:46] | Well, they’ve rebuilt it. | 后来他们又重建了 |
[12:48] | Yeah, and then the health department | 对 然后又被 |
[12:49] | came in and closed it down. | 卫生部封了 |
[12:50] | Yeah, yeah, that’s the one. | 对 对 就是那 |
[12:52] | How would you like to go to dinner there some time? | 你愿不愿意去那儿吃个饭 |
[12:54] | Are you serious?! | 不是吧 |
[12:56] | I read a review that said | 我看过一个评价说 |
[12:57] | the food is unimaginative but fair. | 食物一般 但价钱公道 |
[13:01] | Tempted? | 有兴趣吗 |
[13:04] | A little. | 有点 |
[13:11] | – Sally? – Oh, Don! | -莎莉 -唐 |
[13:13] | I’m so glad you’re here! | 你来了就好 |
[13:14] | I’ve been so worried since you ran out of here | 你连续两天从这儿跑走 |
[13:16] | 2 days in a row! | 我一直在担心 |
[13:17] | I’ve just been a little preoccupied, angel, that’s all. | 我只是有点忙 亲爱的 |
[13:20] | Is it something I did? | 是我做错了什么吗 |
[13:21] | You?! No, baby, no! | 你 不是 宝贝 不是 |
[13:23] | Good. | 太好了 |
[13:24] | It’s, uh… it’s another case. | 是 又有个案子 |
[13:27] | Uh…A robbery. | 盗窃案 |
[13:31] | What did the guy steal, Don? | 他偷什么了 唐 |
[13:33] | Uh, money. | 钱 |
[13:34] | Money from a beautiful bank teller– not you. | 从一个银行美女出纳那儿偷的 不是你 |
[13:38] | She was–she was folding this stack of bills | 她当时正在理钱 |
[13:41] | because she’s a–a teller, ya see. | 因为她是出纳嘛 |
[13:42] | Yeah, I got it. She’s a teller. | 我明白 她是出纳 |
[13:44] | And, uh, so… | 所以… |
[13:46] | when she turned her back from the bills, | 趁她一转身 |
[13:49] | he just…had to… touch ’em. | 他就没控制住 去摸了 |
[13:53] | Why did he do that, Don? | 他为什么呀 唐 |
[13:55] | Because he wanted to be near her. | 因为他想靠近她 |
[13:57] | Vicariously, you know? | 间接靠近 |
[13:58] | And when she came back, he was so ashamed, | 当她回来时 小偷太尴尬 |
[14:01] | that he just shoved the underwear in his pocket. | 就把内裤揣兜里了 |
[14:05] | The money! The money! | 钱 是钱 |
[14:07] | He shoved the money in his underwear. | 他把钱往内裤里一塞 |
[14:10] | In his pocket! | 口袋里一塞 |
[14:12] | What are ya gonna do to him, Don? | 你要怎么处置他呢 唐 |
[14:13] | I–I–I–I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[14:15] | I mean, it’s an honest mistake. | 这是无心之过 |
[14:16] | What do you think we should do about that? | 你觉得该怎么处置 |
[14:18] | Well, you know me, Don. | 你知道我的 唐 |
[14:20] | I would, uh, string him up by his feet | 我会 大头朝下把这家伙吊起来 |
[14:24] | and bust his face in with a chain. | 再用铁链打爆他的脸 |
[14:28] | That’s an option. | 也是个办法 |
[14:34] | The lawn bowling tournament | 草地保龄球比赛 |
[14:36] | will begin in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后开始 |
[14:41] | Lawn bowling? I thought that was Tuesdays. | 草地保龄球 不是星期二才有吗 |
[14:44] | It is Tuesday. | 今天就是星期二 |
[14:47] | What happened to Monday? | 星期一呢 |
[14:48] | Monday was yesterday. | 昨天是星期一 |
[14:55] | So how’s your scampi? | 你的虾怎么样 |
[14:57] | Unimaginative. | 一般 |
[14:58] | What did I tell you? | 我没错吧 |
[14:59] | But I’m having a good time. | 但我觉得很开心 |
[15:01] | Excuse me. Why are there so many empty seats? | 请问 客人为什么这么少 |
[15:04] | Sorry. I spent my advertising budget on pesticide. | 不好意思 我把广告预算拿去买杀虫剂了 |
[15:11] | Oh, they have live music! | 他们有现场伴奏 |
[15:14] | Dick, that’s neat. | 迪克 真不错 |
[15:15] | Excuse me just a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[15:18] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[15:19] | I’m pleased to bring up a young singer | 我很荣幸地请出一位年轻歌手 |
[15:21] | who’s making her stonehouse debut. | 这是她的石屋首秀 |
[15:24] | Will you please put your hands together | 大家掌声欢迎 |
[15:27] | for the one, the only Marlena Albrecht! | 无与伦比的马列娜·欧布切特 |
[15:38] | Wasn’t she wonderful, ladies and gentlemen? | 她是不是很棒 女士们先生们 |
[15:41] | Thank you and good night! | 谢谢各位 晚安 |
[15:53] | Sally? | 莎莉 |
[15:55] | Don. I didn’t expect to see you. | 唐 没想到又见面了 |
[15:58] | You’ve made it pretty clear you don’t want to be around me. | 你摆明了是不想看见我 |
[16:00] | Sally, that’s crazy! | 莎莉 怎么可能 |
[16:02] | But you’ve been so cold! | 你态度那么冷淡 |
[16:03] | Sally, I’m full of guilt! | 莎莉 我满怀负罪感 |
[16:05] | And it’s eatin’ at my insides like a bellyful of sharks! | 就像一肚子鲨鱼在吞噬我的内心 |
[16:08] | Have you tried belching? | 有没有打个嗝试试 |
[16:11] | Sally, sometimes I wish I could take my brain out of my head | 莎莉 有时候我真想把脑子拿出来 |
[16:14] | and run it under the tap. | 冲洗一遍 |
[16:16] | Sally, I stole your underpants! | 莎莉 我偷了你的内裤 |
[16:22] | Don, if you needed underpants, | 唐 你要是没内裤穿 |
[16:24] | you could have just asked! | 尽管开口啊 |
[16:26] | I didn’t need underpants, Sally! | 我不缺内裤 莎莉 |
[16:28] | I took ’em because I’m weak, | 我拿它是因为我下流 |
[16:30] | because I’m pathetic, because I’m a man. | 因为我卑鄙 因为我是个男人 |
[16:33] | And I couldn’t resist | 我无法抗拒 |
[16:34] | touching something that had been so close to you. | 去触碰和你如此贴近的东西 |
[16:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:38] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:39] | I can’t believe you, of all people, | 我真不敢相信 你居然 |
[16:41] | would come into my house | 跑到我家 |
[16:43] | and do something so damn swell! | 干出这么牛逼的事 |
[16:48] | What? | 什么 |
[16:49] | I thought we were on the outs, | 我以为我们完了 |
[16:51] | and then you go and do something so crazy | 结果你却做出这么疯狂 |
[16:53] | and brave and really sweet! | 勇敢又甜蜜的举动 |
[16:57] | You know we’re talking underpants here. | 你知道咱说的是内裤吧 |
[17:00] | Here, Don. Keep ’em. | 给 唐 留着吧 |
[17:02] | And when you look at ’em, think of me. | 见裤如见人 |
[17:07] | Ok. | 好的 |
[17:08] | Oh, and! | 还有这个 |
[17:10] | Take the bra! | 胸罩也拿走 |
[17:14] | It’s a matching set, so… | 这俩是一套的 所以… |
[17:19] | God bless you! | 上帝保佑你 |
[17:25] | And tomorrow we’ll work on chapter 7. | 明天我们学习第七章 |
[17:28] | Oh. And, Kevin, I would appreciate it | 凯文 希望你下次 |
[17:32] | if you would not giggle every time I said homo erectus. | 别我一说直立猿人你就笑场 |
[17:43] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[17:45] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t Ed Sullivan. | 这不是埃德·沙利文吗[著名节目主持人] |
[17:49] | What happened last night? | 昨晚怎么回事 |
[17:51] | What happened?! | 你还问我 |
[17:52] | I was just trying to give you something you never had. | 我就是想给你一些你从没得到过的东西 |
[17:55] | An aneurysm? | 动脉瘤吗 |
[17:57] | I just wanted to be the one to make your dream come true. | 我只是想成为帮你圆梦的那个人 |
[18:01] | Oh, come on, Dick. | 得了吧 迪克 |
[18:02] | I could have been either a mediocre singer | 我可以选择当个失败的歌手 |
[18:05] | or a damn good college professor. | 或者当个成功的大学教授 |
[18:06] | I think I made the right choice. | 我觉得我的选择是正确的 |
[18:08] | Sing for me. | 为我唱一曲 |
[18:09] | What?! | 什么 |
[18:10] | Sing for me, Mary. | 为我唱一曲 玛丽 |
[18:12] | Come on. Just a few bars. | 来吧 就唱一小段 |
[18:15] | Dick, I have a classroom of | 迪克 我一个班的学生 |
[18:16] | students who are going to be here any minute! | 随时都可能进来 |
[18:18] | Don’t worry. I’ll lock the door. | 别担心 我会把门锁上 |
[18:20] | This is inappropriate! Dick, | 别胡来 迪克 |
[18:21] | this is neither the time nor the place to do a– | 这是错误的时间 错误的地点… |
[18:26] | Oh, my. | 妈呀 |
[18:29] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[18:30] | I give you the golden tonsils… | 让我们欢迎金嗓子… |
[18:33] | of Marlena Albrecht. | 马列娜·欧布切特 |
[18:39] | *There’s a somebody I’m longing to see* | 我渴望见到一个人 |
[18:45] | *I hope that he* | 我希望他 |
[18:48] | *turns out to be* | 就是那个 |
[18:52] | *someone who’ll watch* | 守护着我的 |
[18:57] | *over me* | 那个人 |
[19:13] | Oh! Mary! | 玛丽 |
[19:14] | I’m so proud of you! | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[19:16] | You did make the right choice. | 你没当歌手就对了 |
[19:26] | Hey, Harry. What’s goin’ on? | 哈里 你怎么样啊 |
[19:28] | Oh, Tommy! What are you doing out? | 汤米 你怎么回来了 |
[19:32] | Uh, well, I just came by to get my hiking boots. | 我过来拿我的登山鞋 |
[19:35] | Norman and I were gonna go leaf collecting. | 我跟诺曼要去收集树叶 |
[19:36] | – I’ll go get ’em for you. – I can get ’em. | -我拿给你 -我自己来 |
[19:39] | No! No! No! You sit down. | 不行 你坐 |
[19:43] | Well, look who’s here! | 看谁来了 |
[19:44] | Hey, Sally! | 莎莉 |
[19:46] | – How you feelin’? – I feel great. | -最近怎样 -不错啊 |
[19:47] | Great. You look great. You want a drink or somethin’? | 太好了 你气色也不错 要喝点什么吗 |
[19:50] | Uh, uh, no, thanks. What’s going on around here? | 不喝 谢谢 咱家挺好的吧 |
[19:52] | Oh, nothing you need to worry about. You sit down. | 不用你操心 你坐 |
[19:54] | Hey, everybody. | 同志们好 |
[19:55] | Hey, Dick. | 嘿 迪克 |
[19:56] | Tommy, how you feelin’? | 汤米 近来好吗 |
[19:57] | – Oh, I feel great. – You look great. | -很好 -你气色不错啊 |
[19:59] | – You want a drink or something? – No. | -要喝点什么吗 -不 |
[20:02] | – Here are your boots, Tommy. – Oh, thanks. | -这是你的鞋子 汤米 -多谢 |
[20:04] | Do you want a drink or somethin’? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[20:06] | What, do I look thirsty? | 怎么 我看着很渴吗 |
[20:07] | Maybe you should sit down. | 也许你该坐着 |
[20:09] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[20:10] | Hey, tell us what happened with Albright. | 快说说和欧布莱特怎么样了 |
[20:11] | Sure. Tommy, we’re gonna go out on the roof to talk. | 马上 汤米 我们要去屋顶上聊天 |
[20:14] | Do you want to have the television on? | 要不要帮你把电视开开 |
[20:16] | No. I’ll just come. | 不用 我和你们一起去 |
[20:17] | No, no. It’s mission stuff. | 别去了 都是任务方面的 |
[20:18] | You sit down. | 你坐 |
[20:19] | Look! Wheel of fortune’s on! | 看 在放《命运之轮》呢 |
[20:21] | That’s one of your programs. | 你的最爱 |
[20:26] | You know, I learned something today. | 我今天明白了点东西 |
[20:28] | What? | 什么 |
[20:29] | Every human being has dreams, | 每个人都有梦想 |
[20:31] | but it takes real wisdom to know which ones to chase | 但需要相当的智慧才能选择该追寻什么 |
[20:34] | and which ones to let go. | 该放下什么 |
[20:36] | I mean, look at Mary. | 你看玛丽 |
[20:38] | I’d rather not. | 我才不看 |
[20:39] | All right. That’s it. I can’t take it anymore. | 够了 我再也受不了了 |
[20:42] | I want back. | 我要归队 |
[20:44] | Well, I thought you liked eagle vista. | 你不是很喜欢老人院那里吗 |
[20:46] | No. You know what? | 不了 你知道吗 |
[20:47] | They keep the TV too loud, it’s too hot, | 他们电视放得超大声 地方又热 |
[20:49] | everybody’s on drugs. | 大家都嗑药 |
[20:51] | It’s just like a rave but without the babes. | 就像个没有美女的高龄版狂欢派对 |
[20:55] | But you seemed to be having so much fun. | 但你不是挺开心的嘛 |
[20:57] | Oh, I was atrophying. It made me feel like an old man. | 我都萎缩了 感觉跟老头似的 |
[21:00] | But that’s what you are. | 你本来就是啊 |
[21:01] | Yeah, but that’s not how I feel. | 是 可我不觉得 |
[21:03] | At least I didn’t until I retired. | 至少退休前还不觉得 |
[21:05] | This is what retirement does to you. | 这就叫退休效应 |
[21:06] | It makes you old. | 感觉一下子就老了 |
[21:08] | Dick, I need my job back. | 迪克 我要归队 |
[21:09] | Can he do that?! | 可以吗 |
[21:10] | It happens, but it’s rare. | 总有例外 虽然少见 |
[21:13] | But it happens. | 但总有例外 |
[21:15] | But it’s rare. | 虽然少见 |
[21:17] | Welcome back, Tommy. Resume your duties. | 欢迎回来 汤米 继续你的工作 |
[21:20] | Oh! Cool! | 好 |
[21:21] | Wait a second! But I got all this information! | 等等 信息我都有了 |
[21:23] | What information? | 什么信息 |
[21:25] | The zip code for Waukesha, Wisconsin–53186. | 威斯康辛州沃基肖邮政编码是 53186 |
[21:28] | Gestation period for a wombat fetus– 30 days. | 袋鼠的怀孕期是 30天 |
[21:31] | Shut up, Harry. Seriously. | 闭嘴 哈里 警告你 |
[21:33] | In 1548, Sigismund I of Poland dies, | 1548年 波兰西格门一世去世 |
[21:36] | succeeded by– | 继任者是… |
[21:43] | What’s the matter, Dr. Albright? | 怎么了 欧布莱特教授 |
[21:44] | I have the most immature class! | 我遇到了最幼稚的一帮学生 |
[21:47] | We’re studying Miocene man, | 我们在学习中新世人 |
[21:49] | and I’m discussing the migration of homo erectus– | 然后我讲到直立猿人的迁徙 |
[21:53] | Every time I say homo erectus, | 每次我一说直立猿人 |
[21:57] | they laugh! | 他们就笑 |
[21:59] | As if there were something funny about homo erectus! | 好像直立猿人很好笑似的 |
[22:03] | What are you laughing at?! | 你在笑什么 |
[22:04] | Homo erectus isn’t a Miocene man! | 直立猿人不是中新世人 |
[22:06] | He’s Pleistocene man! | 是更新世时期的 |