时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | She thinks she is all that, but she is not all that. | 这女的以为自己什么都懂 其实屁都不懂 |
[00:07] | Oh, no, girlfriend, do not go there. | 别过去 女主角同志 千万别去 |
[00:10] | Do not go there! | 别去 |
[00:12] | Oh, damn! She went there. | 可恶 她还是去了 |
[00:16] | Well, I better get back to the station. | 好了 我要回警察局了 |
[00:19] | Time to go on duty? | 回去值班吗 |
[00:20] | No. I’m on duty. It’s time to punch out. | 不是 我这就是值班 够点打卡下班了 |
[00:24] | Well, I’ll see you Thursday, Tommy, at career day. | 周四见 汤米 职业介绍日见 |
[00:27] | Career day? | 职业介绍日 |
[00:28] | What career day? I’ve heard nothing of this. | 什么职业日 我怎么没听说 |
[00:30] | It’s nothing, Dick. It’s just a bunch of bores | 没什么 迪克 就是一票无聊人 |
[00:33] | blabbing on about what they do. | 吹嘘各自行当有多好 |
[00:35] | You wouldn’t be interested. | 你不会感兴趣的 |
[00:36] | Wait. Dick not interested in talking about himself? | 等等 迪克哪能对自吹自擂不感兴趣呢 |
[00:40] | I know! That’s insane. | 就是 太扯了 |
[00:44] | Oh, don’t be silly, Tommy. | 别傻了 汤米 |
[00:45] | Once your classmates hear me speak, | 你同学一旦听过我的介绍 |
[00:48] | you’ll be the toast of the school. | 你就会成为校园红人 |
[00:49] | Are you kidding, Dick? | 你逗我呢 迪克 |
[00:51] | You’re a physics professor. | 你是一物理教授 |
[00:52] | I mean, that’s almost as dorky as… | 那不是傻得跟… |
[00:59] | I got nothing. | 比不出来 |
[01:00] | I’m stumped. | 没有可比的 |
[01:02] | This is outrageous! | 你们太可恶了 |
[01:03] | I’m wise. I’m revered. | 我聪明可敬 |
[01:05] | And I work damn hard! | 我养家糊口 |
[01:07] | Who do you think puts food on the table? | 不然你们桌上一日三餐哪来的 |
[01:08] | I put it there. | 我放的 |
[01:09] | I’m going with America’s farmers. | 是农民伯伯种的 |
[01:11] | There’s food on the table? | 桌上有吃的吗 |
[01:12] | Oh, now, stop it. | 都闭嘴 |
[01:13] | If you people think it’s so easy, | 你们要觉得这事容易 |
[01:15] | why don’t you get a job and work for a change? | 怎么不去找个工作试试啊 |
[01:18] | I’m glad that was a question and not an order. | 还好是个问句 不是下命令 |
[01:20] | It’s an order! | 这是命令 |
[01:21] | Well, I’m glad it’s an order and not a direct order. | 还好只是命令 不是死命令 |
[01:24] | It’s a direct order! | 这是死命令 |
[01:26] | I’m glad it’s a direct order– | 还好只是死命令…. |
[01:27] | Go get the want ads! | 都给我看招聘广告去 |
[02:08] | Hey, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[02:09] | Is Dick here? | 迪克在吗 |
[02:10] | No. | 不在 |
[02:11] | I wanted to talk to him. | 我找他有事 |
[02:13] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[02:14] | Well, I’m looking for work. | 我正找工作呢 |
[02:15] | There were some sweet gigs on the Pendleton research board, | 潘德顿实验所有些工作挺不错 |
[02:18] | but I don’t know which one to do, like here. | 但我不知道选哪个 比如这个 |
[02:20] | I can get 50 bucks if I let them rub solvents in my eyes. | 这活一次给五十 往眼睛里抹点溶解剂而已 |
[02:25] | Oh, Sally, that–that’s not good. | 莎莉 那个不是什么好事 |
[02:27] | Really? Well, I could sign up for the hornet sting study, | 是吗 我还可以参加黄蜂蜇人的试验 |
[02:30] | but I didn’t bring a swimsuit. | 可我没带泳衣换 没法蜇 |
[02:33] | Dr. Albright is looking for a research assistant. | 欧布莱特教授正招助理研究员 |
[02:36] | Really?! | 真的吗 |
[02:37] | Uh… yes, but it’s just grad work. | 是真的 一般是研究生做的 |
[02:41] | I mean, it doesn’t pay hornet study money. | 工资没有黄蜂试验的高 |
[02:43] | Oh, that’s Ok. What do I have to do? | 没关系 我具体要做些什么 |
[02:45] | Uh, well, I’m giving a talk next week at the faculty club. | 下周我要在教授俱乐部 做一个演讲 |
[02:49] | Some Bolivian professors will be there, | 有几位玻利维亚教授会出席 |
[02:51] | and I’m going to be discussing the culture | 主题是关于印第安艾马拉族的 |
[02:53] | of the Aymara Indians. | 传统文化 |
[02:54] | And I’m your date? | 我做你的舞伴吗 |
[02:57] | No. You’re my fact checker. | 不是 你是资料核对员 |
[02:59] | You just go to the library | 去图书馆查阅资料 |
[03:01] | and make sure all my information is accurate. | 确保我的演讲稿准确无误 |
[03:03] | Hmm, I would’ve gone with the hornets. | 我宁愿让黄蜂蜇 |
[03:05] | Good morning, Mary. | 早上好 玛丽 |
[03:07] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:08] | Sally, what are you doing here? | 莎莉 你来这干吗 |
[03:09] | Oh, I’m doing some anthropology stuff for Albright. | 我要给欧布莱特准备人类学资料 |
[03:12] | You’re what?! | 你要干吗去 |
[03:13] | See ya, boss. | 再见 老板 |
[03:14] | Well, that’s just great! | 你好啊你 |
[03:16] | You never show any interest in physics! | 你对物理怎么就没热情呢 |
[03:18] | Well, Dick, there’s good reason for that. | 迪克 人家也是情有可原 |
[03:22] | It’s physics. | 物理嘛 |
[03:23] | Like anthropology is so hot? | 人类学就有意思了吗 |
[03:26] | I mean, sure, there’s naked people, | 确实是有人体啦 |
[03:28] | but…once you get past that, | 不过 等你对裸体失去兴趣 |
[03:31] | it’s really just… | 那就没… |
[03:33] | What? | 怎么着啊 |
[03:34] | I don’t know. I can’t get past the naked people. | 不知道 卡在裸体那里过不去了 |
[03:46] | You know how they say | 你听过这句话吗 |
[03:48] | if you really want a job, | 如果你特想找工作 |
[03:50] | it’ll just fall right in your lap? | 工作机会就会从天而降 |
[03:52] | Uh, no. | 没听过 |
[03:55] | And how desperation is the surest road to success. | 还有绝望是成功之母 |
[03:59] | I never heard that. | 从来没听过 |
[04:01] | Why do they say those things? Why? | 大家为什么这么说呢 为什么 |
[04:04] | I’m not sure they do. | 人家没说过 |
[04:06] | I fell for the lies. | 我被谎言羁绊 |
[04:08] | Pounded the pavement, and now here I am. | 徘徊街头 然后沦落于此 |
[04:11] | There are no jobs for guys like me. | 我这种人哪能找到工作 |
[04:14] | You know, I’ve been looking for | 那个 我一直想 |
[04:15] | a new bartender for a while now. | 招个酒保来着 |
[04:17] | Do you mind, buddy? | 别打岔 哥们 |
[04:18] | We’re talking about my problems now. | 我正倾诉着呢 |
[04:22] | I’m saying I need somebody to start today. | 我说我想要个能马上上岗的酒保 |
[04:25] | Uh, yeah. Well, I guess you’re out of luck. | 看来你心想事没成了 |
[04:29] | Why, what do you got going on? | 你现在干嘛呢 |
[04:30] | I’m looking for a job, brainiac! | 我正找工作呢 脑残啊你 |
[04:35] | Morning, class, I’m… | 早上好 同学们 我… |
[04:37] | Sorry I’m… | 对不起 我… |
[04:38] | so late. | 迟到了 |
[04:40] | A funny thing happened today. | 今天有个事儿很有意思 |
[04:42] | I learned that there is a, uh, a… | 我听说 居然 |
[04:44] | small group of people | 有一撮人 |
[04:46] | that doesn’t find physics absolutely exhilarating. | 认为物理一点意思也没有 |
[04:51] | Isn’t that hilarious? | 是不是很可笑 |
[04:58] | Exactly. | 就是嘛 |
[04:59] | So I was wondering, what drove you to take it? | 所以我想问问 你们学物理的原因是什么 |
[05:02] | Well, uh, it’s required. | 这是必修课 |
[05:04] | And we want to graduate. | 而且我们想毕业 |
[05:06] | So that’s all that brings you back to my class, | 你们就是为了这个才上课的吗 |
[05:08] | a requirement? | 因为必修 |
[05:09] | Not one of you yearns for a career in physics? | 你们没人想投身物理学吗 |
[05:14] | Not one soul longs to make physics his lifework? | 没人想把物理学当作毕生事业吗 |
[05:20] | Not one among you aspires to place physics– | 难道就没人愿意把物理学… |
[05:23] | Dr. Solomon. | 所罗门教授 |
[05:24] | Leon, please, tell me you have to pee. | 里昂 拜托告诉我你是想上厕所 |
[05:31] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[05:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:33] | I found a mistake in your speech. | 你演讲稿里有错误 |
[05:37] | Oh. Ok. Let’s hear it. | 是吗 说说看 |
[05:40] | Ok. This is so great. Ok. | 太好了 听着 |
[05:44] | Here on page 2, | 第二页 |
[05:45] | you say there aren’t any aymaran | 你说高原地区 |
[05:47] | communities on the high plains, | 没有艾马拉部落存在 |
[05:48] | but Dirksen’s survey says there are. | 但是《德克森调研录》说有 |
[05:51] | No, there aren’t. | 不对 没有 |
[05:52] | Yeah, but Dirksen says there are. | 但是德克森说有 |
[05:56] | All right. Maybe there’s one or two, | 也许有那么一两个部落 |
[05:58] | but my point still stands. | 但我的观点仍然成立 |
[06:00] | No. Ok, but Dirksen says– | 不成立 德克森说了… |
[06:01] | Forget Dirksen! | 别管他说什么 |
[06:03] | Just go back there and concentrate on– | 你就回去专心找… |
[06:06] | on place names and spellings and things like that. | 地名和拼写错误什么的 |
[06:10] | Ok? | 懂了吗 |
[06:13] | Man, who died and made her Dirksen? | 她自以为比德克森牛逼呗 |
[06:17] | Look, Sally, | 莎莉 |
[06:19] | if you’re gonna work for Dr. Albright, | 你要想跟欧布莱特教授共事 |
[06:20] | there are a couple of things you need to understand. | 有两件事儿你要明白 |
[06:22] | One she doesn’t like to be corrected when she’s wrong. | 首先 她不喜欢别人纠正她的错误 |
[06:26] | And two she’s often wrong. | 其次 她经常犯错 |
[06:29] | Wait, wait. So I shouldn’t tell her | 等等 那我就不应该告诉她 |
[06:31] | her breath smells like a sock full of horseradish? | 她嘴里一股芥末加臭袜子味儿是吧 |
[06:34] | I didn’t. | 反正我不会 |
[06:39] | But, hey, that’s my boss. | 我老板就那德行 |
[06:42] | I just can’t please him. | 我就是没法取悦他 |
[06:44] | Well, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么着 |
[06:47] | Exactly. I just can’t win. | 对 怎么着也不行 |
[06:49] | Well, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么着 |
[06:53] | You said it. | 可不是么 |
[06:54] | You know, I got a family to think about. | 我还要养家糊口 |
[06:56] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么着 |
[06:59] | Hey, you know you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[07:00] | Tomorrow, I’m going down there, | 明天我就去找他 |
[07:02] | and I’m gonna tell him what he can do with his job. | 我要告诉他这老板应该怎么当 |
[07:04] | Harry, thanks for listening. | 谢谢你听我发牢骚 哈里 |
[07:06] | Hey, what am I gonna do? | 我打算怎么着 |
[07:09] | Harry, I need a drink. | 哈里 我需要喝一杯 |
[07:11] | You and everyone else. | 大家都需要 |
[07:12] | I got the whole town of Rutherford drinking again. | 我在拉瑟福掀起了喝酒热潮 |
[07:15] | Harry! | 哈里 |
[07:16] | All right! | 好嘞 |
[07:18] | What is wrong with this world? | 这世界到底怎么了 |
[07:19] | You dole out moonshine to a roomful of boozehounds | 你跟满屋子的酒鬼们陪聊 |
[07:23] | and everybody loves you, | 大家都喜欢你 |
[07:24] | while I shape young minds with the elegant laws of physics, | 而我用神妙的物理法则 教育年轻一代 |
[07:28] | and what do I get? Nothing. | 我又得到了什么 什么也没有 |
[07:30] | Here’s the deal, Dick. Around here, | 告诉你 迪克 酒吧里呀 |
[07:32] | a guy can’t even give peach schnapps away. | 桃味儿烈酒白送都没人要 |
[07:34] | But you put it in a pineapple glass, | 要是把它倒进菠萝杯 |
[07:37] | add a little umbrella, | 插顶小伞 |
[07:39] | call it a shooter, I can’t make ’em fast enough. | 起名”射手酒” 一准脱销 |
[07:43] | Harry, that’s brilliant! | 哈里 太有才了 |
[07:45] | You’re saying I gotta give physics | 你是说我应该给物理加点 |
[07:47] | a little razzle-dazzle, right? | 花哨小噱头 对吗 |
[07:49] | Ok. | 好啊 |
[07:50] | Of course! This is the nineties. Kids want what’s cool. | 可不是嘛 这是九十年代 孩子们都喜欢酷玩意 |
[07:54] | They want the latest, the here and now. | 他们想要最新最流行的东西 |
[07:56] | They want the Fonz! | 他们都想做方仔 |
[07:59] | Hey, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么着 |
[08:02] | I’m going to career day! | 我要去参加职业日 |
[08:04] | All right! You do that! | 好啊 那就去吧 |
[08:07] | What an idiot. | 傻逼 |
[08:10] | Harry, did some joker put my number up | 哈里 谁把我电话号码写在 |
[08:13] | on the men’s room wall? | 男厕所墙上了 |
[08:15] | Ooh, I don’t think so. | 没人写啊 |
[08:17] | Well, be a doll and put it up there, will ya… | 亲 你去给姐写上好吗 |
[08:20] | before that big guy with the beard takes a leak? | 要在那位大块头胡子男去尿尿之前写哟 |
[08:27] | Hi. Am I interrupting? | 您有空吗 |
[08:28] | No. Come in. | 有啊 请进 |
[08:30] | What’s wrong? Find another mistake? | 怎么着 又发现新错误了吗 |
[08:33] | No. Nothing. | 没有 完全没有 |
[08:34] | Really? | 真的 |
[08:35] | Really. I went through it with a fine-tooth comb. | 真的 我逐字逐句地看过 |
[08:37] | This baby is gold. | 写得太完美了 |
[08:39] | Great. | 太好了 |
[08:41] | What about the population of circulate? | 流动人口的数量也对了吗 |
[08:42] | I was just guessing on it. | 我只是随便猜的 |
[08:44] | That was a guess? You nailed it! | 你随便猜的 猜的好哇 |
[08:48] | Well, I’ve always been pretty good with trends | 我大脑里天生有个领域 |
[08:52] | in that part of the hemisphere. | 特擅长猜测 |
[08:54] | Listen, I gotta tell you, after reading Dirksen, | 那啥 我得说啊 和德克森一比 |
[08:56] | your stuff was refreshing. But substantial, | 你的文章提神醒脑 且内容充实 |
[08:59] | like, uh, Gatorade, but with meat in it. | 好比是 带肉馅的佳得乐 |
[09:04] | Sally, let me buy you lunch. | 莎莉 中午我请你吃饭吧 |
[09:06] | We can go to the Oak Room. | 我们可以去”橡树屋” |
[09:08] | The oak room? | 橡树屋 |
[09:09] | You deserve a treat. | 我应该犒劳你 |
[09:11] | Well, I spent the day with your speech. | 我今天拜读了您的佳作 |
[09:13] | I think I’ve had my treat. | 这就是犒劳啊 |
[09:17] | Dear god! | 天哪 |
[09:20] | They have chocolate cheesecake. Of course, | 他家卖巧克力芝士蛋糕 当然了 |
[09:23] | I should probably just apply it directly to my thighs. | 一吃下去 就全长大腿上了 |
[09:27] | That’s, oh, so funny! | 您真风趣 |
[09:33] | Oh, yeah. All right. | 真有你的 |
[09:37] | Step right up, kids, and meet the girls of physics. | 孩子们 过来看物理美女哟 |
[09:41] | Each and every one of them | 她们每一个都充满了 |
[09:43] | a bundle of mass and energy. | 质量和能量 |
[09:44] | Are you really a licensed bikini inspector? | 你真是持牌比基尼检察官吗 |
[09:47] | Uh, kind of. I’m a physics professor, you understand? | 差不多 我是物理教授 你明白吗 |
[09:50] | Now, friends, | 现在 朋友们 |
[09:51] | let me tell you about a little thing called physics. | 听我表一表 一个小玩意 叫物理 |
[09:52] | You know what makes a car go fast? Physics. | 汽车为什么能飞驰 因为物理 |
[09:55] | And you know what makes a curve ball curve? | 弧线球为什么能拐弯 |
[09:57] | Why, physics! | 为什么 因为物理 |
[09:59] | And you know what’s got me standing here | 为什么我能站得住 |
[10:00] | instead of floating out the window like a puff of smoke? | 而不是像一缕青烟往窗外飘 |
[10:02] | Inertia, with a capital “I.” | 是”I”开头的惯性定律 |
[10:04] | That rhymes with pi, and that starts with “P,” | 它和”P”开头的圆周率很押韵 |
[10:06] | and that stands for physics. | 而”P”同样代表着物理 |
[10:09] | Your father is an insult to this entire school. | 你爹真给咱学校丢人 |
[10:13] | I don’t see your dad here. | 你爸怎么没来 |
[10:15] | Uh, my dad is performing open-heart surgery right now. | 我爸正给人演示开胸手术呢 |
[10:19] | Oh, couldn’t cut it as a brain surgeon? | 水平不够 不敢开脑吗 |
[10:23] | Now, let me tell you about something that’s really hot. | 现在 我给你们说点非常惹火的东西 |
[10:26] | Inasmuch as “E” equals cosine “M” plus “I” sine “M,” | E等于M的余弦加上M的正弦值I |
[10:30] | we get arbitrary values of the separation constant “P.” | 得出分离常数P的任意值 |
[10:32] | Now, watch this. | 现在 看这个 |
[10:33] | I’m sorry I’m late, kids, | 抱歉孩子们 我迟到了 |
[10:36] | but I was involved in one of the world’s | 因为我刚参与了一起世界上 |
[10:37] | scariest police chases. | 最刺激的警匪追逐战 |
[10:39] | How’d it end? | 结果呢 |
[10:40] | The guy got away. | 那家伙逃跑了 |
[10:43] | But I rolled my car. | 不过 我翻车了 |
[10:45] | Cool! Cool! | 太酷了 |
[10:47] | Oh, man, I want to be a cop. | 妈呀 我也想当警察 |
[10:49] | It’s not all glamour, kids, | 当警察也不是一直都爽 |
[10:50] | but it’s mostly glamour. | 不过基本上都很爽 |
[10:52] | Oh, and, uh, guns. | 对了 还配枪哟 |
[10:54] | Cool! Cool! | 太酷了 |
[10:56] | And what makes that policeman’s gun so cool? | 警察的枪为什么这么酷呢 |
[10:58] | Physics! | 因为物理 |
[10:59] | Kinetic energy generates the velocity | 动能被转化成了速度 |
[11:01] | with which the bullet exits the barrel, | 速度让子弹射出枪膛 |
[11:03] | while the ballistic coefficient | 而且弹道系数 |
[11:04] | and sectional density determine the damage to its targets. | 和断面密度决定了 中弹的损伤程度 |
[11:07] | Guns don’t kill people. | 枪不会杀人 |
[11:08] | Physics kills people! | 物理才会杀人 |
[11:29] | Tony! | 托尼 |
[11:40] | Dick, I told you, | 迪克 我早说过 |
[11:43] | you shouldn’t have come to career day. | 你不该去职业介绍日的 |
[11:45] | Oh, when we first came to this planet, | 咱刚来这个星球的时候 |
[11:46] | I could’ve gotten any job. | 我干哪行不好 |
[11:47] | Cowboy, rock star, international superspy. | 牛仔 摇滚歌星 超级国际间谍 |
[11:51] | Why did I choose physics? | 我干嘛选择教物理呢 |
[11:53] | Dick, you know what they say. | 迪克 俗话说的好 |
[11:55] | When life gives you lemons, | 生活给你酸柠檬 |
[11:57] | just shut up and eat the damn lemons. | 你就少废话 吃柠檬 |
[12:00] | Well, I’ve had it. | 我受够了 |
[12:02] | I renounce physics and all its uses and applications, | 我宣布放弃物理及其所有用途和应用理论 |
[12:05] | including conservation of momentum. | 包括动量守恒原理 |
[12:08] | I’m out. I’m out. | 我不干了 不干了 |
[12:09] | Hey, guys. | 同志们好 |
[12:10] | Hey. Yo, Dubie. | 你好 杜比 |
[12:11] | Give me a margarita, Harry. | 给我来杯玛格丽特 哈里 |
[12:13] | What about your job? | 你怎么不去工作 |
[12:14] | I’m on the job right now, baby. Rocks, no salt. | 我正工作呢 宝贝 摇匀点 不加盐 |
[12:16] | Are you telling me | 你是说 |
[12:17] | that Mary’s presentation is already perfect? | 玛丽的演讲稿已经完美了吗 |
[12:19] | Well, she thinks it is, | 她是那么认为的 |
[12:19] | and I’m getting paid not to argue. Ka-Ching! | 老娘我赏钱到位不啰嗦 |
[12:22] | You got lucky, damn you. | 你太走运了 讨厌 |
[12:24] | I’ll tell you the secret. You just pucker up, | 告诉你秘诀 你就卯足了劲儿 |
[12:26] | vapor-lock onto your boss’ butt, and hold on. | 拍准老板马屁 大拍特拍 |
[12:31] | No independent thought required. | 不能跟老板对着干 |
[12:32] | In fact, it just gets in your way. | 对着干 你就完 |
[12:35] | Free thinkers die in the dirt like dogs, Sally. | 独立思想者都没好下场 莎莉 |
[12:37] | Here’s your booze. | 这是你的酒 |
[12:39] | Sally. | 莎莉 |
[12:40] | Dubie, my hollow-legged lady friend. | 杜比 千杯不醉的美女 |
[12:42] | One-eyed Jimmy’s gonna go out back and fight a midget. | 独眼吉米要去后巷 跟一侏儒单挑 |
[12:45] | – You wanna watch? – Yeah. Let’s go. | -你想去看热闹吗 -好啊 走 |
[12:48] | – Citizens. – Don. | -市民们 -唐 |
[12:51] | Ah, what’ll it be, officer? | 来点什么 警官 |
[12:53] | Oh, I’m just in the neighborhood checking things out. | 我就是在附近巡巡逻 |
[12:55] | You got it. One free cheeseburger. | 好嘞 免费芝士汉堡一个 |
[12:57] | Don’t be stingy with the onions. | 多放点洋葱 |
[12:58] | Harry, I’d like a free cheeseburger. | 哈里 我也想要免费芝士汉堡 |
[13:00] | You got it. That’ll be 6 bucks. | 没问题 六块钱一个 |
[13:02] | Oh! That’s it! I want a new job! | 我受够了 我要换新工作 |
[13:04] | A job that comes with respect, stature, | 换个受人尊敬又体面 |
[13:06] | and free cheeseburgers. | 还有免费芝士汉堡的工作 |
[13:07] | I want your job. | 我想做你这行 |
[13:09] | Dick, you don’t know the first thing about being a cop. | 迪克 你不知道做警察需要什么条件 |
[13:11] | It’s a gritty job | 此行高危 |
[13:12] | where a good day is one where you come home alive. | 每天能活着回家就是好事儿啊 |
[13:15] | Isn’t that pretty much a good day for anyone? | 这对谁来说不都是好事儿么 |
[13:21] | I gotta go back to the station. | 我得回警局了 |
[13:23] | They’re bringing in a suspect. | 他们抓到一嫌疑犯 |
[13:25] | Hey, Don, I want to go. | 唐 我也想去 |
[13:26] | I want to hold a gun and flash a badge. | 我想拿枪还要亮警徽 |
[13:28] | I don’t know, Dick. | 不好说啊 迪克 |
[13:29] | It’s illegal, it’s dangerous, | 这是违法的 很危险 |
[13:31] | and it violates the sacred oath | 而且违背当年我加入警队 |
[13:32] | I took when I joined the force. | 立下的誓言 |
[13:34] | So don’t tell anyone. | 别跟别人说哦 |
[13:36] | Let’s go! | 走 |
[13:40] | All right, Dick. We’re gonna go in there. | 好了 迪克 咱要进去了 |
[13:42] | We’re gonna do a little thing we like to call | 咱们要耍个小手段 业内俗称 |
[13:44] | “Good cop, bad cop.” | “好警察 坏警察” |
[13:46] | You’re good cop. | 你当好警察 |
[13:47] | I’m down with that. | 正合我意 |
[13:49] | I’m glad. All right, here we go. | 那好 行了 进去吧 |
[13:54] | Hi, Jonesy, | 你好 琼斯 |
[13:55] | I’m Dick. I like your shirt. | 我是迪克 你这T恤不错 |
[13:59] | So, you say that you didn’t rob any gas station. | 你说你没抢劫加油站 |
[14:03] | – Right, Jonesy? – Yeah. | -对吗 琼斯 -对 |
[14:05] | Right. Now, I– | 好的 现在我… |
[14:06] | I believe you, but… | 我相信你 但是… |
[14:09] | the thing is… | 问题是… |
[14:10] | you’re scum! | 你是一人渣 |
[14:11] | I find chunks of you in my puke! | 你就是呕吐物 |
[14:13] | So don’t you jerk me around! | 别跟我得瑟 |
[14:15] | Dick! | 迪克 |
[14:16] | We’ll be right back. | 我们马上就回来 |
[14:20] | You’re supposed to be good cop. | 你应该演好警察的啊 |
[14:22] | I am! | 我是啊 |
[14:23] | You’re raising the bar too high. | 你把标准抬的也太高了 |
[14:24] | You know how bad I have to be now? | 你知道我这坏警察得多坏吗 |
[14:26] | Real bad! | 穷凶极坏 |
[14:27] | I couldn’t help myself. | 我没忍住 |
[14:28] | Why don’t you be good cop? | 要不你当好警察呗 |
[14:30] | That way, I can go as big as I want. | 那样的话 我能想多坏就多坏 |
[14:33] | Ok, I’ll be good cop. | 好吧 我当好警察 |
[14:38] | Oh, well, you’ll have to, uh, excuse my partner. | 你得体谅一下我搭档 |
[14:41] | He’s got a real mean streak, | 他有点暴力倾向 |
[14:43] | but…I want to help you out. | 不过 我是为你好的 |
[14:46] | See, I know that you’re a nice– | 我知道你是个好… |
[14:51] | We’ll be right back. | 不要走开 马上回来 |
[14:52] | What’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么回事 |
[14:54] | I’m always good cop. | 我一直都当好警察 |
[14:55] | This was my one chance to be bad cop. | 我就这么一次当坏警察的机会 |
[14:57] | But I’m a bad good cop. | 可是我当不来好警察 |
[14:59] | You’re not even a cop! | 你根本就不是警察 |
[15:00] | Well, can’t we both be bad cop? | 我们都当坏警察不行吗 |
[15:02] | But the whole concept is– | 可是传统都是… |
[15:04] | Oh, whatever. | 不管了 |
[15:08] | – Now I want answers! – And I really want answers! | -我要你马上招 -我比他更想要 |
[15:16] | Thank you for inviting me to your conference. | 谢谢你邀请我参加你的研讨会 |
[15:18] | How do I look? | 我看着怎么样 |
[15:20] | You look fine. | 很漂亮 |
[15:22] | I love Bolivian men. | 我喜欢玻利维亚男人 |
[15:24] | They’re like Hondurans without all the attitude. | 他们就像好脾气版的洪都拉斯人 |
[15:28] | Good afternoon, ladies. | 下午好 女士们 |
[15:29] | Oh, Dr. Albright, | 欧布莱特教授 |
[15:31] | what a great suit! | 这西装真漂亮 |
[15:32] | Well, thank you, Sally. | 谢谢夸奖 莎莉 |
[15:35] | Sally, you smell like jagermeister. | 莎莉 你身上有股酒味儿 |
[15:39] | Somebody spilled it on me in the library. | 在图书馆别人洒我身上的 |
[15:45] | If I didn’t know any better, | 如果我不了解你 |
[15:46] | I’d swear you were a moron. | 肯定以为你就是一白痴 |
[15:52] | Aymaran. | 是艾马拉人 |
[15:53] | Aymaran. | 艾马拉人 |
[15:59] | Come on. We’re your friends. | 别这样 我们是你的朋友 |
[16:01] | You did it, right? | 是你干的 对吗 |
[16:04] | No. | 不是 |
[16:05] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[16:06] | You can tell us. | 你可以告诉我们 |
[16:08] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的 |
[16:16] | Well, so much for good cop, good cop. | “好好警察”的组合到此为止 |
[16:18] | There’s no such thing! | 根本就没这么一说 |
[16:19] | I told you, there’s only one permutation that works. | 我早说过 只有”好坏”组合才有用 |
[16:22] | Ok. I have this idea. | 好吧 我想到个组合 |
[16:23] | Sad cop, somewhat effeminate cop. | 悲情警察加上伪娘警察 |
[16:26] | Get out! Go home, Dick. | 滚出去 回家去 迪克 |
[16:28] | You are not cop material. | 你不是当警察的料 |
[16:29] | I have to be! | 我非要当 |
[16:30] | It’s not you. It’s just not you. | 你就是不适合 真不适合 |
[16:32] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[16:33] | Apparently, I was put on this earth | 很显然 我来到这个世界 |
[16:35] | to bore a bunch of unreceptive dimwits | 注定就要跟笨蛋学生互相折磨 |
[16:38] | to the end of my days. It’s my lot in life. | 直到生命尽头 这就是我的宿命 |
[16:40] | Well, I think we both learned something today. | 今天咱都学到了东西 |
[16:42] | Let’s have lunch sometime. | 改天一起吃午饭 |
[16:45] | Look. | 哎 |
[16:46] | Why don’t you just let me go? | 你们为嘛不让我走啊 |
[16:47] | Because I know you did it, Jonesy! | 因为我知道是你干的 琼斯 |
[16:49] | You jumped the fence, and you stole the money. | 你跳栅栏进去 把钱偷走了 |
[16:51] | But you got no proof. | 但是你没有证据 |
[16:53] | Besides, I couldn’t jump that fence. | 而且 我也跳不过栅栏嘛 |
[16:56] | It’s physically impossible. | 不符合物理规律 |
[17:00] | Physically impossible? | 不符合物理规律 |
[17:02] | That’s where you’re wrong. | 那你就大错特错了 |
[17:04] | You may not have much respect for the law, Jonesy, | 你可以藐视法律 琼斯 |
[17:07] | but there’s one law that you can’t break: | 但是有一条定律你必须遵守 |
[17:08] | Coulomb’s third law of universal gravitation. | 库仑万有引力第三定律 |
[17:13] | What? | 啥 |
[17:14] | It states that the force | 此定律内容是 |
[17:15] | between 2 objects is proportional to the | 两个物体之间的作用力 |
[17:17] | algebraic products of their respective charges, | 与它们各自所带电量的乘积成正比 |
[17:19] | as well as proportional | 同时又与 |
[17:21] | to the inverse square of the distance between them! | 两物体之间距离的平方反比成正比 |
[17:24] | But of course, you knew that, | 当然 你心知肚明 |
[17:26] | didn’t you, Jonesy? | 是不是 琼斯 |
[17:27] | Not–not all of it. | 不 不算太是 |
[17:31] | You’re object “X,” | 你是物体”X” |
[17:32] | and the fence is object “Y.” | 而栅栏是物体”Y” |
[17:34] | Now, where “V” is the velocity of the 2 objects, | 现在 假设两物体速率是”V” |
[17:36] | and “R” is the distance between them, | 而”R”代表之间距离 |
[17:38] | and “E” is a unit vector | “E”则是第一个物体 |
[17:39] | directed from the first object to the second, | 指向第二个物体的单位向量 |
[17:41] | we see that the fence proved little challenge. | 结论就是 跳过栅栏小菜一碟 |
[17:44] | Well…I guess. | 大概吧 |
[17:46] | You guess! I bet you guess. | 大概 大你个头 |
[17:48] | And so we see that “X” equals zero | 所以当”Y”趋近于无穷大时 |
[17:51] | as “Y” approaches infinity! | “X”就等于零 |
[17:53] | That’s how you avoided the security camera. | 所以你才躲过了监控器 |
[17:55] | That’s how you managed to get back over the fence. | 所以你才能重返栅栏一跳走人 |
[17:57] | That’s how they found you | 所以警方会在离案发现场 |
[17:59] | exactly 1.3 miles from the crime scene, | 1.3英里的地方发现你 |
[18:00] | proving that you and only you | 证明了只有你 |
[18:02] | could have perpetrated this heinous crime! | 才能犯下此等罪行 |
[18:03] | There’s the proof! | 这些就是铁证 |
[18:05] | Ok! Ok! Ok! You got me! | 好了 好了 你赢了 |
[18:07] | I did it! I did it! | 是我干的 就是我 |
[18:09] | My god! What kind of a cop are you? | 我的神哪 你是啥警察啊你 |
[18:11] | I’m not a cop! | 我不是警察 |
[18:13] | I’m a physics professor! | 我是物理教授 |
[18:21] | Of course, my dad didn’t say anything. | 当然 我爸什么都没说 |
[18:24] | He never did. | 他从来都不说 |
[18:25] | And how did that make you feel, Chet? | 那你对此又有何感受呢 切特 |
[18:29] | Angry. | 愤怒 |
[18:30] | Worthless. | 自卑 |
[18:32] | Oh. But you know that’s not true, | 不过现在你知道你想错了 |
[18:35] | now, don’t you, Chet? | 是吧 切特 |
[18:37] | Yeah. Yeah, I do. | 是 我知道了 |
[18:38] | All right! | 是的 |
[18:39] | Well… | 好了 |
[18:41] | Happy hour’s over, Chet. | 酒吧优惠时段结束 切特 |
[18:43] | But I think we made some real progress. | 我觉得你有了很大进步 |
[18:45] | I feel better. | 我感觉好多了 |
[18:46] | Yeah. And just remember… | 那就好 一定记住 |
[18:48] | don’t stop drinking. | 生命在于喝酒 |
[18:50] | Thanks, Harry. | 谢谢 哈里 |
[18:51] | All right, buddy. | 不客气 哥们 |
[18:55] | Line ’em up, Harry. | 上酒 哈里 |
[18:57] | – 5 martinis. – No, Harry. | -五杯马提尼 -别 哈里 |
[18:59] | Dr. Albright, we should take you home now. | 欧布莱特教授 我们该送你回家了 |
[19:02] | No, Nina. I have brain cells | 不回 尼娜 我的脑细胞 |
[19:04] | that will remember this evening, | 记住了今晚发生的事情 |
[19:05] | and I want them destroyed! | 我要把它们干掉 |
[19:07] | Hey, Dr. Albright, how did your talk go? | 欧布莱特教授 你的演讲怎么样 |
[19:10] | How did my talk go? | 我的演讲怎么样 |
[19:12] | Let’s see. | 我想想啊 |
[19:13] | First of all, | 首先 |
[19:15] | the Bolivians were highly amused | 我博得玻利维亚人一致嘲笑 |
[19:17] | when I confused the name of their president | 因为我把人家总统的名 |
[19:18] | with the word for kayak. | 叫成了”小皮艇” |
[19:22] | But they stopped laughing when… | 随后他们就无语了 |
[19:24] | in their native tongue, I welcomed them to my… | 因为我用他们的母语说… |
[19:28] | womany place and told them… | 我的子宫欢迎你 我还说… |
[19:33] | I told them there was room for everyone! | 我的子宫欢迎各界人士光临 |
[19:37] | Tell her how you told them that their country was a… | 跟她讲讲你说人家的国家是… |
[19:40] | shining example of goat death. | 死羊的光荣典范 |
[19:43] | I hope this isn’t in any way my fault. | 希望不是我的错啊 |
[19:46] | It’s all your fault! | 都是你的错 |
[19:48] | You were supposed to check these things! | 你本应该给我挑错的 |
[19:50] | You’re absolutely right. I let you down completely. | 你说的对 我让你彻底失望了 |
[19:53] | Yes, you did! What were you thinking? | 对 我很失望 你怎么想的你 |
[19:56] | I have no excuse. It’s just–it’s just… | 我没理由可辩解 只是 只是… |
[19:58] | really intimidating when you work for… | 为你这样的人工作我很忐忑 |
[20:01] | For what? | 什么样的人 |
[20:02] | Say it. | 说啊 |
[20:04] | A bitch?! | 贱人吗 |
[20:08] | No. | 不是 |
[20:09] | A genius! | 是天才 |
[20:20] | Well, that’s nice, but… | 说的不错 但是 |
[20:22] | I’m a professional, | 我是专业人士 |
[20:23] | and I expect other people to be professional with me. | 我希望别人也能对我持专业态度 |
[20:26] | Of course you do. | 可不是么 |
[20:27] | God, what have I done? | 我办的叫什么事儿啊 |
[20:30] | I’ve let down the brightest woman alive! | 我居然辜负了全世界最有智慧的女人 |
[20:33] | Oh, god! | 天哪 |
[20:40] | Oh, Sally. | 莎莉 |
[20:41] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别再自责了 |
[20:44] | Let me buy you a drink. | 我请你喝一杯 |
[20:46] | Margarita, rocks, no salt. | 玛格丽特 摇匀 不加盐 |
[20:48] | Harry! | 哈里 |
[20:53] | And so, using coulomb’s third law, | 就这样 利用库仑第三定律 |
[20:56] | I was able to prove that he did it. | 我证明了他有罪 |
[20:58] | – What does that have to do with it? – Nothing. | -跟库伦定律有啥关系啊 -没关系 |
[21:00] | All I proved was that he’s rotating around the sun. | 我证明的是他在围绕太阳公转 |
[21:02] | But he didn’t know that. | 但是他不知道 |
[21:04] | That’s the wonderful thing about physics. | 物理的奇妙之处就在于此 |
[21:06] | Nobody understands it. | 谁也整不明白 |
[21:08] | So you can use your knowledge to | 所以你能用你的知识 |
[21:10] | bully people into submission. | 把别人忽悠瘸了 |
[21:12] | Well, that’s the plan. | 我就要这么干 |
[21:13] | As long as America’s educational system | 只要美国的教育体制 |
[21:15] | remains woefully inadequate, | 保持这种悲剧状态 |
[21:16] | I rule. | 我就是主宰 |
[21:18] | Yes, you really do. | 是 你真是 |
[21:19] | What you do is amazing. | 你的职业太牛逼了 |
[21:21] | Thank you, Sally. | 谢谢你 莎莉 |
[21:22] | Sometimes I wish you were dead | 你要是死了多好 |
[21:24] | so they could put you on a stamp. | 大家就能把你印在邮票上了 |
[21:28] | Sally, you’re not kissing my butt, are you? | 莎莉 你不是在拍我马屁吧 |
[21:31] | A man of your stature? I wouldn’t dare. | 拍您这种智者的马屁 微臣不敢 |
[21:33] | Well, good. Here’s 20 bucks. | 很好 给你二十块钱 |
[21:35] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[21:42] | So Dick. Now that you’re feeling better | 迪克 既然你对你的事业 |
[21:44] | about your career again, | 又重拾信心了 |
[21:45] | do I have to keep working at the bar? | 那我还要继续当酒保吗 |
[21:47] | Oh, no, Harry. | 不必了 哈里 |
[21:48] | Oh, good. There’s just too much pressure. | 太好了 压力忒大 |
[21:50] | All those people and their problems. | 酒鬼啦 心理问题啦 |
[21:52] | No. There’s too much pressure in the soda gun. | 不是 饮料枪压力忒大 |
[21:54] | You could put an eye out. | 眼睛都能喷瞎 |
[21:55] | Why do you think they call him one-eyed Jimmy? | 不然吉米外号为啥是独眼 |
[22:00] | Wait. He lost his eye from soda? | 等等 他眼睛是被汽水滋瞎的 |
[22:02] | Yeah. Root beer. | 对 麦根汽水 |
[22:04] | – No wonder he’s angry. – I would be. | -难怪他这么愤青 -我也会的 |
[22:06] | So how was the fight? | 单挑结果如何 |
[22:08] | Oh, short. | 矮子赢了 |