时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hi, Sally. It’s me. Dick. I’m in the car. | 喂 莎莉 是我 迪克 我在开车 |
[00:11] | I’m on the new cellular, silly. | 我是用”大哥大”打的 笨蛋 |
[00:13] | Yeah. So, what are you guys doing? | 没错 你们几个干嘛呢 |
[00:16] | TV? Oh, what’s on? | 看电视呢 演什么 |
[00:18] | Oh, that’s my favorite show! | 那可是我最爱看的节目 |
[00:20] | I tell you what, put the phone up to the TV. | 这么着吧 把电话筒放在电视旁边 |
[00:23] | Uh, Dick, watch the road. | 迪克 看着点路 |
[00:25] | Oh, Sally, hang on. | 莎莉 等一下 |
[00:26] | Do you wanna eat pizza tonight? No, no, I’ll call ’em. | 你今晚想吃披萨吗 还是我打电话订吧 |
[00:29] | I’ve got a coupon in my wallet. Yeah. Bye-bye. | 我钱包里有张优惠券 对 拜拜 |
[00:31] | Dick, you drive. | 迪克 专心开车 |
[00:32] | I–I’ll call in the order. | 我来订披萨 |
[00:33] | Now, where’s that coupon? | 优惠券上哪儿去了 |
[00:35] | Oh, here, I’ll get the coupon. | 来 我帮你拿优惠券 |
[00:36] | I’ll get the coupon– | 还是我来吧 |
[00:41] | Can’t you just order a pizza when we get home? | 你就不能等到家之后再订吗 |
[00:43] | Oh, here it is. | 找到了 |
[00:44] | Here, now. You see, Mary? | 你瞧 玛丽 |
[00:45] | Everything’s fine… | 啥事都没有 |
[00:47] | and we’ll have nice…hot… | 我们马上就能吃到香喷喷 热乎乎 |
[00:49] | piping… pizza… | 浇满芝士的匹萨 |
[00:51] | when we… get… | 等我们到… |
[00:53] | Di-i-ick! | 迪克小心 |
[00:58] | I–I don’t know how this could’ve happened. | 我也不知道怎么会发生这种事 |
[00:59] | I-it just came out of nowhere. | 这棵树就那么凭空冒出来了 |
[01:01] | Dick, those tire tracks tell a different story. | 迪克 你的说法可跟车辙不相符 |
[01:05] | It looks like you drove off the road | 看情况是你驶离了公路 |
[01:08] | and straight into this tree. | 径直撞向了这棵树 |
[01:11] | Well, that tree must be new | 这棵树肯定是刚种的 |
[01:13] | because I’ve driven off this road several times, | 因为我在这条路上开偏过很多次 |
[01:15] | and I never hit it once. | 从来都没撞上过它 |
[01:17] | Were you distracted, | 你当时走神了吗 |
[01:18] | – maybe take your eyes off the road? – No. | -眼睛离开路面了吗 -没有 |
[01:20] | He was ordering a pizza. | 他当时在订披萨 |
[01:21] | Mary–please– | 玛丽 拜托 |
[01:23] | that’s the whiplash talking. | 她被撞傻了 |
[01:25] | Mary, you don’t know what you’re talking about… | 玛丽 你根本不知道自己在说些什么 |
[01:26] | Well, in any case! | 不管怎样 |
[01:28] | An accident report has to be filed. | 我得提交一份事故报告 |
[01:31] | It’s just a good thing you aren’t drunk, Dick, | 幸好你不是酒后驾驶 迪克 |
[01:33] | because that would be a lot more paperwork! | 因为酒驾报告比这麻烦多了 |
[01:39] | Oh, Mary, what am I gonna do? | 玛丽 我该怎么办啊 |
[01:41] | You should call your insurance company. | 你该给保险公司打电话 |
[01:43] | My insurance company? | 保险公司 |
[01:44] | Oh, don’t tell me you’re not covered. | 别告诉我你没投车险 |
[01:46] | Well, uh, of course I’m covered. | 我当然投保了 |
[01:47] | I’m with the same insurance company as you. | 我和你是同一家保险公司 |
[01:50] | What’s their number again? | 他们的电话是多少来着 |
[01:52] | It’s on the back of this card. | 在这张卡背面 |
[01:54] | Here, I’ll call them right now | 我现在就用我的 |
[01:55] | on my brand-new cellular phone. | 新”大哥大”给他们打过去 |
[01:58] | Now, where is it? | 在哪儿呢 |
[02:02] | Here it is. | 在这儿呢 |
[02:05] | Don! Wait up! | 唐 等等我 |
[02:08] | All right, Missy! | 你完了 小妞 |
[02:09] | You’re off my speed dial! | 我这就把你从快速拨号里删掉 |
[02:50] | Well… | 好了 |
[02:52] | There it is, gang. | 同志们 爱车在此 |
[02:54] | Oh, my god, Dick, | 天啊 迪克 |
[02:56] | what the hell did you do? | 你把它怎么了 |
[02:59] | How’re we gonna get groceries? | 以后买日用品怎么办啊 |
[03:00] | Yeah! Or tow each other around the block on skateboards? | 对啊 用什么拖着滑板在街区转悠啊 |
[03:03] | Come on! Just be thankful I wasn’t killed! | 有点良心好吗 你们应该庆幸我没被撞死 |
[03:06] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[03:07] | ‘Cause then we’d have to find a ride to your funeral | 你要是死了 我们还得找车去参加你的葬礼 |
[03:09] | ’cause you wrecked our freakin’ car! | 因为你把咱家车撞成废铁了 |
[03:12] | I’m gonna go talk to the mechanic. | 我去跟修车工谈谈 |
[03:13] | I’m telling you right now: if I don’t get in that office | 你给我听好了 那间办公室里 |
[03:15] | and find a calendar with greasy women posing on car hoods… | 要是没摆着车模搔首弄姿的月历的话 |
[03:18] | I swear to god… | 我对天发誓 |
[03:19] | I’m breaking something. | 老子要造反了 |
[03:23] | OK now, you need to chill out. | 好了 你该冷静冷静了 |
[03:25] | I’m breaking something. | 老子要造反 |
[03:27] | Mr. Solomon. | 所罗门先生 |
[03:29] | Gary Parkinson, Buckeye Fidelity Insurance. | 加里·帕金森 七叶树忠诚保险公司的业务员 |
[03:31] | You called about your Rambler. | 你打电话说想给你的”漫步者”投保 |
[03:32] | Oh, yes, Gary. Thank you for getting here so quickly. | 是的 加里 谢谢你能第一时间赶到 |
[03:35] | Here it is. | 就是这辆 |
[03:37] | This car’s been in an accident. | 这辆车出车祸了 |
[03:39] | You bet. Why else would I want insurance? | 那可不是 不然我买保险干嘛 |
[03:44] | No. You have to buy the insurance before the accident. | 不行 你得在出事之前买保险才行 |
[03:50] | Say again? | 你再说一遍 |
[03:52] | You have to buy the insurance before the accident. | 你得在出事之前买保险才行 |
[03:56] | Oh, I see. | 我懂了 |
[03:58] | So that’s how this little scam of yours works. | 你们就是靠这种小把戏骗钱的 |
[04:01] | No. It’s– | 不是 这… |
[04:02] | You people are the worst kind of scum, you know that? | 你们这种人渣最可恨了 知道不 |
[04:05] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, Gary, | 我不跟你废话了 加里 |
[04:06] | I have to get back to my… | 我得回去继续我… |
[04:07] | respectable job! | 伟大的事业了 |
[04:09] | Try finding another sucker. | 换别的傻子骗去吧 |
[04:12] | Good day, sir. | 拜拜了您呐 |
[04:16] | Well, I’m screwed. | 我没招了 |
[04:18] | Well, uh, maybe you should rent a car. | 你可以去租辆车 |
[04:20] | Oh. And I suppose if I had insurance, | 要是我早点买上保险 |
[04:22] | – you’d pay for that, too. – Yeah, we would. | -租车钱也是你们出吧 -对 是我们出 |
[04:25] | Good day, sir! | 拜拜了您呐 |
[04:41] | Gary Parkinson, | 我是加里·帕金森 |
[04:42] | Buckeye Fidelity Insurance. | 七叶树忠诚保险公司的业务员 |
[04:44] | Ohh. Harry Solomon. | 哈里·所罗门 |
[04:46] | That’s all I got. | 光有名字没头衔 |
[04:49] | Harry, how would you like | 哈里 你想体验 |
[04:51] | to experience complete peace of mind? | 绝对高枕无忧的感觉吗 |
[04:54] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[04:55] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[04:57] | I hear that. | 我懂了 |
[04:59] | Bam! | 砰 |
[05:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:01] | You just got hit by a bus. | 你刚被公车撞了 |
[05:03] | Who’s gonna take care of your family? | 谁来照顾你的家人 |
[05:05] | Well, I’d say the bus driver owes me one. | 那公车司机可欠我个大人情 |
[05:09] | After he found out you didn’t have insurance, | 等他发现你没买保险之后 |
[05:11] | he died laughing. | 肯定笑抽了 |
[05:12] | But it doesn’t have to be that way, Harry. | 但你没必要担那种风险啊 哈里 |
[05:14] | I’ll show you how you can build a safer tomorrow | 我可以让你通过购买保险 |
[05:17] | today, with insurance. | 防患于未然 |
[05:18] | Whoa! You’d do that for me? | 哎呦 你这么肯帮我啊 |
[05:20] | Harry, you might find that a good insurance salesman | 哈里 你会发现一个优秀的保险销售员 |
[05:23] | can become your best friend. | 能成为你最铁的哥们 |
[05:25] | Gosh. | 这么神奇 |
[05:26] | You just give me the go-ahead, | 只要你一点头 |
[05:27] | and bam! You’re insured! | 砰 你就保险加身了 |
[05:30] | – Give me a call, OK? – OK. | -打给我 好吗 -好的 |
[05:32] | All right. | 好的 |
[05:34] | Bam! | 砰 |
[05:38] | You did what I did. | 你学我 |
[05:40] | All right! | 不错呢 |
[05:42] | Bam! | 砰 |
[05:44] | There it is again. | 又来一遍 |
[05:46] | – Bam! – OK. | -砰 -您别累着 |
[05:50] | Bam. | 砰 |
[05:52] | I like that guy. | 我喜欢那伙计 |
[05:58] | So, what do you think? | 觉得怎么样 |
[05:59] | About what? | 什么怎么样 |
[06:00] | My rental car. Isn’t it great? | 我租来的这辆车啊 很拉风吧 |
[06:02] | Not really. | 不咋地 |
[06:03] | Not really? | 不咋地 |
[06:04] | Nina, just watch what this baby can do. | 尼娜 瞧这宝贝有啥能耐 |
[06:12] | What? | 啥能耐 |
[06:13] | It started right up. | 我一点火 它就启动了 |
[06:15] | And listen to this. | 再听听这个 |
[06:16] | It’s called FM radio. | 这叫调频收音机 |
[06:19] | There’s Jazz, or rock… | 可以放爵士啦 摇滚啦 |
[06:21] | or my personal favorite, | 还有我个人最爱听的 |
[06:22] | Latin Salsa. | 拉丁莎莎舞曲 |
[06:26] | All cars have that. | 所有车都有收音机 |
[06:27] | Well, not the Rambler. | 我的”漫步者”就没有 |
[06:29] | If I’d known what an antiquated piece of | 我要早知道那辆车老到掉牙 |
[06:30] | crap that car was, I would’ve crashed it years ago. | 质量如粪土一般 我早就拿它撞树玩了 |
[06:33] | Oh, and, uh, speaking of crap… | 说起粪土… |
[06:36] | I just noticed a little something on my windshield. | 我刚发现挡风玻璃上有块脏东西 |
[06:38] | Gee, I wish there was some way I could get rid of that. | 天 真希望有办法能把它擦掉 |
[06:41] | Wait a second, what’s this? | 等等 什么功能如此神奇 |
[06:45] | Will you look at that? | 瞧一瞧看一看啦 |
[06:47] | Blue juice at the touch of a button. | 轻触按钮 便有蓝色液体喷涌而出 |
[06:49] | Now, tell me that’s not damn cool. | 你敢说这不牛逼吗 |
[06:51] | I have to get back to the office. | 我得回办公室了 |
[06:53] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:57] | Dick, open the door. | 迪克 把门打开 |
[06:58] | Oh, are they locked? Gee, I’m sorry. | 门上锁了吗 天 真不好意思 |
[07:04] | You locked them again. | 你又给锁上了 |
[07:05] | Well, allow me to unlock them for you. | 我这就给你们开锁 |
[07:10] | You unlock these doors right now! | 你赶紧给姐把门打开 |
[07:12] | You didn’t say the password. | 你还没说通关密语呢 |
[07:13] | What’s the password? | 通关密语是什么 |
[07:14] | The password is… | 密语就是… |
[07:15] | Salsa! | 莎莎 |
[07:24] | All right. Your total is… | 好了 修车费一共是… |
[07:26] | $4,955. | 4955块 |
[07:29] | What? | 什么 |
[07:30] | $4,955? | 4955块 |
[07:32] | There was significant damage. | 你们这车撞得一塌糊涂 |
[07:35] | Well, I think if we try really hard, | 我觉得如果仔细盘算盘算 |
[07:37] | we can get this number down just a little bit. | 应该可以把这个数字砍掉一点点 |
[07:39] | Look at this: | 你看这项 |
[07:40] | “Replace crankshaft”? Do we really need that? | “更换曲轴” 那玩意真有必要换吗 |
[07:44] | If you want the car to go. | 没有它 车就动不了 |
[07:47] | OK, but right here, uh, | 好吧 但你看这个 |
[07:48] | “New brake lines front and rear.” | “新的前后刹车线” |
[07:50] | Can’t we just go with one or the other? | 只留一根不行吗 |
[07:51] | Not if you want the car to stop. | 只有一根 车就刹不住 |
[07:54] | Yeah… | 好吧 |
[07:55] | “New hood ornament”? | “引擎盖上的新车标” |
[07:57] | We do not need that, and you know it. | 这个我们用不着 你清楚得很 |
[07:58] | Fine. I’ll leave it off. | 好吧 那我把它卸下来 |
[08:00] | You can’t just leave that off. That makes the car. | 你怎能随便卸下来呢 没车标算车吗 |
[08:02] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:04] | Just…tell me what you want. | 你们想怎样直接告诉我好了 |
[08:07] | We want you to drop the attitude | 我们想要你收起臭脾气 |
[08:09] | and put the new hood ornament on the damn car! | 赶紧把那个新车标装到车上去 |
[08:12] | Now let’s crunch these numbers one more time | 现在咱们再把这些数字加总一遍 |
[08:14] | and see what we got, OK? | 看看结果如何 好吗 |
[08:16] | Your total’s $4,955. | 一共是4955块 |
[08:19] | Now we’re talking. | 这才像话嘛 |
[08:20] | That wasn’t so hard now, was it, sweetie? | 轻轻松松就搞定啦 亲爱滴 |
[08:21] | Get back to work, all right? | 回去干活吧 |
[08:28] | Lock doors. | 上锁 |
[08:31] | Unlock doors. | 开锁 |
[08:36] | Open truck. | 打开后备箱 |
[08:39] | Close trunk. | 关上后备箱 |
[08:46] | Close trunk. | 关上后备箱 |
[08:49] | Oh, damn. | 我靠 |
[08:50] | I guess I’ll have to learn to close my own trunk. | 看来我还得自己亲手关后备箱 |
[08:55] | Hello, Dick. | 你好 迪克 |
[08:56] | Oh, hey, Don. | 你好啊 唐 |
[08:57] | You want to go for a spin in my… sweet ride? | 你想坐我的爱车去兜个小风吗 |
[09:00] | Sorry, Dick. | 不好意思 迪克 |
[09:00] | I’m here on official police business. | 我是为公事来的 |
[09:02] | I was going over your accident report, | 我审了你的事故报告 |
[09:04] | and I noticed you didn’t fill out your insurance info. | 发现你没填保险信息 |
[09:06] | Oh, that’s because I don’t have any insurance. | 那是因为我没买保险 |
[09:08] | But, Dick, that’s just plain crazy! | 迪克 你这也太离谱了吧 |
[09:10] | You have to have insurance. | 你必须得买保险 |
[09:11] | Why? It’s just a bet against myself. | 为什么 买保险赌的是我自己的安危 |
[09:14] | The only way I can win my money back | 我只有受了重伤 |
[09:15] | is by getting horribly injured. | 才能把钱赚回来 |
[09:18] | You know, Dick, you have a good point. | 迪克 你说得很有道理 |
[09:20] | I don’t even know why I’m here. | 我都不知道自己瞎跑这趟干嘛 |
[09:22] | Oh, wait, I know why I’m here… | 等等 我知道为什么要过来了 |
[09:23] | because it’s the law! | 因为这是法律规定 |
[09:25] | No, it’s not. | 才不是呢 |
[09:26] | – Yes, it is. – No, it’s not. | -就是 -不是 |
[09:27] | Yes, it is. | 就是 |
[09:29] | Well, I subscribe to nature’s law. | 我只遵循自然规律 |
[09:32] | The industrious beaver doesn’t insure his dam, | 勤劳的海獭没给它的水坝买保险 |
[09:34] | does he? No! | 没错吧 |
[09:35] | He rolls the dice | 它选择听天由命 |
[09:37] | and if a flood should strike, | 如果真的有洪水袭来 |
[09:38] | he smiles his toothed grin, | 它不过是呲牙微微一笑 |
[09:40] | slaps his tail upon the water, | 用尾巴拍打着水花 |
[09:42] | and flies away! | 一溜烟地游没影了 |
[09:46] | I’m just gonna put down State Farm. | 那我就给你填州立农业保险公司吧 |
[09:54] | “Arthritis”? | 关节炎 |
[09:55] | No. | 没有 |
[09:57] | “Asthma”? | 哮喘 |
[09:58] | No. | 没有 |
[09:59] | “Have you smoked in the last 5 years?” | 最近五年有吸烟史吗 |
[10:02] | Yes. | 有 |
[10:05] | No, you haven’t. | 不 你没有 |
[10:06] | Yes, I have. | 我有啊 |
[10:09] | You really haven’t. | 你真的没有 |
[10:11] | Yes. | 有 |
[10:12] | I really have. | 我真的有哦 |
[10:15] | Oops! Already checked “No.” | 哎呀 已经填上”无”了 |
[10:17] | Well, that’s unfortunate, | 那就太可惜了 |
[10:18] | ’cause I enjoy the occasional cigar. | 偶尔抽根雪茄 还挺享受的 |
[10:21] | I didn’t hear that. | 我什么也没听见 |
[10:22] | I said I enjoy the occasional cigar! | 我说偶尔抽根雪茄 还挺享受的 |
[10:26] | You don’t smoke. | 你不抽烟 |
[10:28] | Hell, I’ll smoke that banana right there. | 不信我现在就抽根香蕉给你看 |
[10:32] | You don’t smoke! | 你不抽烟 |
[10:33] | OK. I don’t smoke. | 好吧 我不抽烟 |
[10:40] | You know, I really do smoke. | 我真的抽烟哦 |
[10:45] | Great ride, isn’t it? | 兜风很爽吧 |
[10:46] | – Whatever. – Yup. | -姐不在乎 -没错 |
[10:47] | The rental car is superior to the Rambler in every way. | 这辆租车把”漫步者”比得一无是处 |
[10:53] | I don’t like the way it smells, Dick. | 我不喜欢车里的味道 迪克 |
[10:54] | It’s got kind of a new-car smell. | 闻着像辆新车 |
[10:57] | And the way the headlights just mold into the front grill. | 还有 车前灯就那么嵌进前格栅里 |
[11:00] | It’s just… it’s smug! | 忒得瑟了 |
[11:03] | – It’s trying too hard. – Yeah. | -太刻意了 -没错 |
[11:05] | Let’s just get the Rambler fixed. | 咱们还是把”漫步者”修好吧 |
[11:06] | No. | 不行 |
[11:07] | Our friend the mechanic said | 修车那哥们说 |
[11:08] | he’d give us $400 for the old heap. | 他愿意出四百块买那堆破铜烂铁 |
[11:11] | $400! | 四百块大洋啊 |
[11:13] | We’re trading up. | 咱们捡大便宜了 |
[11:14] | The 2000s are in, and the ’99s must go. | 千禧年来了 99年就不能赖着不走 |
[11:17] | Prices are slashed so low, | 价格被压得这么低 |
[11:18] | we won’t believe our eyes. | 简直就是杀价不偿命 |
[11:20] | We’re talking well-equipped models, | 配备如此精良的车子 |
[11:21] | priced to move! | 跳楼大甩卖啊 |
[11:24] | Well, if they’re priced to move… | 既然是跳楼大甩卖… |
[11:26] | I don’t know. I’m sure we’ll see savings like this again. | 咱们以后肯定还会碰上这种好买卖 |
[11:28] | These are once-in-a-lifetime deals! | 机不可失 时不再来 |
[11:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:34] | “Loss of any limb, $5,000”? | 有任何肢体缺失 即赔偿五千元 |
[11:38] | So…if I lost a foot, | 那如果我断了一只脚 |
[11:40] | um, do I get credit for the toes, too? | 脚趾头也给赔吗 |
[11:44] | $200 per digit. | 每个脚趾两百块 |
[11:47] | That’s a nice little nest egg. | 够我存一笔私房钱了 |
[11:49] | That’s if they get cut off. | 那是在脚趾被切掉的情况下 |
[11:52] | When they get cut off. | 只要被切掉 我就有钱拿 |
[11:55] | Right. | 没错 |
[11:57] | You know, Harry, I was looking over your disability policy, | 哈里 我看了你的残疾保单 |
[11:59] | and you could benefit from some additional coverage. | 你可以通过某些附加险来获得受益 |
[12:01] | Oh, no, no, thanks. | 不必了 谢谢 |
[12:03] | I appreciate you looking out for me, | 谢谢你的关心 |
[12:05] | but I really can’t afford any more. | 但我真的没钱再多交保费了 |
[12:09] | OK. | 那好吧 |
[12:11] | W-well, wh-what– | 等等 |
[12:12] | W-wait a second. Where you going? | 等一会 你要去哪儿啊 |
[12:14] | Well, I just thought you were serious | 你说想保护家人 |
[12:16] | about wanting to protect your family, | 我还以为你是真心的 |
[12:18] | but I guess I was wrong. Just forget the whole thing! | 看来我想错了 就当我没提过这事 |
[12:20] | Well, wait a second, Gary. | 别急着走啊 加里 |
[12:21] | Don’t say it like that. | 别说这种话嘛 |
[12:23] | I do care about my family. | 我确实关心我的家人 |
[12:25] | That’s what they all say. | 这种话谁都会说 |
[12:26] | Wait a second, wait a second. | 等等 你先别走 |
[12:28] | Wh-what if we were to tack on an extra… $100,000? | 要是我们另外再加十万呢 |
[12:33] | Come on! Help me out here! | 来嘛 帮帮我呗 |
[12:38] | You got it. | 答应你啦 |
[12:41] | By the way, Gary, | 对了 加里 |
[12:42] | you know that pencil you gave me with your name on it? | 记得你送我那支印着你名字的铅笔吧 |
[12:44] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[12:46] | I still haven’t sharpened it. | 我还没舍得削呢 |
[12:52] | All right. Here you go. | 好了 给你 |
[12:53] | 400 bucks. | 四百块 |
[12:55] | Not bad for a day’s work. | 一天赚这些钱还不赖哦 |
[12:56] | I could make a tidy living crashing cars. | 我光靠撞车就能养家糊口了 |
[13:00] | So, George, what now? | 乔治 打算怎么弄 |
[13:03] | Couple of fenders, | 换几块挡泥板 |
[13:04] | new coat of paint, and then… | 喷一遍新漆 然后… |
[13:05] | long slow drives in the country with the missus? | 开车载着老婆到乡下转悠一阵 |
[13:08] | Actually, we’re gonna… | 其实我们要… |
[13:09] | chop it up and strip it for parts. | 把它拆散了取零件用 |
[13:13] | You’re not gonna tell me what to do with my money, | 你管不着我怎么花自己的钱 |
[13:15] | I’m not gonna tell you what to do with your car. | 我也管不着你怎么处理自己的车 |
[13:17] | Happy chopping. | 祝你拆得愉快 |
[13:18] | So long, George. | 再见 乔治 |
[13:19] | Dick. | 再见 迪克 |
[13:21] | So long, car. | 再见 小车 |
[13:27] | I just said good-bye to a car. What’s that all about? | 我刚跟一辆车说了再见 我中什么邪了 |
[13:32] | Sorry. I didn’t mean it. | 抱歉 我不是故意的 |
[13:42] | Yeah. Is Gary in? | 喂 加里在吗 |
[13:44] | Still in a meeting. | 还在开会 |
[13:45] | OK, I’ll hold. | 好吧 我等他 |
[13:47] | Oh, I can’t hold. | 我不能等啊 |
[13:49] | OK. Well, um, just tell him I called. | 好吧 就告诉他我打过电话 |
[13:51] | Again. Third time now. | 和上次一样 这是第三遍了哦 |
[13:53] | OK. Bye-bye. | 好吧 拜拜 |
[13:57] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[13:58] | Well, here it is. $400. | 四百块拿到手了 |
[14:01] | So you sold the Rambler. | 这么说你把”漫步者”给卖了 |
[14:02] | Yeah. And the funniest thing happened. | 对 然后发生了一件很搞笑的事 |
[14:05] | When I was leaving, I said good-bye to it | 我临走的时候 竟然跟它说了再见 |
[14:07] | like it was a person, | 就像它是个人 |
[14:09] | like it would actually answer back. | 就像它会回应似的 |
[14:11] | You talked to the car? | 你跟车说话了吗 |
[14:12] | I–I know it makes no sense. I mean… | 我知道这说不通 |
[14:14] | I-it’s only a car. | 它不过是辆车而已 |
[14:16] | It can’t think. It can’t feel. | 既不会思考 也没有感觉 |
[14:18] | Ha! Dick, it’s like you actually miss that | 迪克 弄得好像你很怀念 |
[14:20] | broken-down pile of junk. | 那堆破铜烂铁似的 |
[14:24] | I do. | 我确实怀念 |
[14:26] | Good. ‘Cause I do, too. | 真好 我也很怀念 |
[14:27] | – I miss the hell out of it. – Me, too! | -我都要得相思病了 -我也是 |
[14:29] | This is crazy. I mean… | 这也太离谱了 |
[14:30] | the Rambler’s just a thing! | “漫步者”不过是个物件而已 |
[14:31] | You’re right. It’s just a big pile of metal and rubber. | 没错 不过是一堆金属橡胶凑到一块 |
[14:34] | – And gaskets. – And hoses. | -还有垫圈 -还有管子 |
[14:36] | And that crack in the leather | 还有皮革坐垫上的那道口子 |
[14:37] | with the foam sticking out. | 里面的泡沫都冒出来了 |
[14:40] | Kind of pinched you. | 有点让人揪心 |
[14:42] | So nice. | 真不错啊 |
[14:44] | I loved that crack. | 我喜欢那道口子 |
[14:45] | That was a great crack. | 那道口子裂得好 |
[14:48] | OK, what’s wrong with us? | 咱们这是中什么邪了 |
[14:50] | It’s like our emotions can’t tell the difference | 就好像咱们在情感上分不清 |
[14:52] | between an inanimate object and a sentient being. | 无生命的物体和有知觉的人 |
[14:55] | Yeah. Somehow we got so attached to it. | 是啊 不知怎的就跟它有了牵绊 |
[14:57] | Like it was a member of our family. | 就好像它是家里的一份子 |
[14:58] | All right, this is ridiculous. | 打住 这太荒唐了 |
[15:00] | We’re never gonna get the Rambler back. | 我们绝不可能赎回”漫步者” |
[15:01] | It would cost us $5,000 that we don’t have. | 那要花五千块 咱们哪有那么多钱 |
[15:05] | What we do have is… | 咱们手上有的是… |
[15:07] | a first payment on a new car. | 一辆新车的首付 |
[15:08] | A better car. | 一辆更棒的车 |
[15:09] | Yeah! One with better seats! | 没错 有更舒服的车座 |
[15:11] | – Sun roof! – Moon roof! | -不透明天窗 -透明天窗 |
[15:13] | CD changer with 6-speaker stereo surround. | CD换碟机外加六声道立体环绕声 |
[15:15] | Clock. | 还有钟 |
[15:16] | Clock? We can get a clock? | 钟 咱们还能装钟吗 |
[15:18] | You bet your ass we can get a clock. | 不能装才怪呢 |
[15:19] | All right! | 爽歪歪 |
[15:26] | Yes. “Buckeye Fidelity Insurance,” | 对 七叶树忠诚保险公司 |
[15:28] | Can I speak with Gary Parkinson please? | 能帮我转接加里·帕金森吗 |
[15:31] | Still in a meeting. | 还在开会 |
[15:34] | No, I don’t want his voice mail! | 不 我不想给他语音留言 |
[15:36] | That man sold me insurance! God! | 他卖我保险时可不是语音留言 天啊 |
[15:40] | You have got to stop calling him. | 你不能再给他打电话了 |
[15:42] | I just need to talk to him. I don’t get it. | 我只想跟他谈谈 真搞不懂 |
[15:44] | Everything was going so great. | 一切都进展得很顺利 |
[15:46] | Why won’t he call me? | 他凭什么不回我电话 |
[15:47] | Oh, for god’s sake. Sit down, Harry! | 我的天啊 坐下 哈里 |
[15:50] | There’s only one way to get a man to call you back. | 想让男人回你电话 只有一种办法 |
[15:52] | You don’t call him. You don’t write him. | 不要给他打电话 不要给他写信 |
[15:54] | You don’t even think about him. You have moved on. | 连想都不要想他 你已经朝前看了 |
[15:57] | – I’ve moved on. – You don’t care if he calls. | -朝前看 -你不在乎他回不回电话 |
[15:59] | I don’t give a lick. | 一点都不在乎 |
[16:00] | – You make him…come to you. – He comes to me. | -你要让他主动找你 -主动找我 |
[16:04] | Because if he calls you back, Harry… | 因为一旦他给你回了电话 哈里 |
[16:07] | He’s yours forever. | 他就被你套牢了 |
[16:10] | But…if he doesn’t… | 不过如果他没回 |
[16:13] | he was never your insurance agent to begin with. | 那他从来就不是你的保险代理人 |
[16:19] | No. | 不行 |
[16:27] | Boy, it’s a nice night, isn’t it? | 今晚可真开心 |
[16:29] | Uh huh. | 是的 |
[16:30] | I’ve never seen the doughnut shop so crowded. | 我从没见过甜甜圈店挤成那样 |
[16:33] | Uh huh. | 是的 |
[16:36] | Oh, look, Dick. | 快看啊迪克 |
[16:37] | A wolf just chewed off my ankle. | 有只狼把我的脚踝咬断了 |
[16:40] | Uh huh. | 好吧 |
[16:42] | OK, Dick, what’s going on? | 迪克 你怎么了 |
[16:44] | Mary, I’ve done something awful. | 玛丽 我干了件很不齿的事 |
[16:45] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[16:46] | I’ve been unfaithful. | 我偷腥了 |
[16:48] | Oh, Dick! How could you? | 迪克 你怎么能这样对我 |
[16:49] | I don’t– I don’t know. | 我也不知怎么回事 |
[16:51] | At first it just seemed so… new and exciting. | 刚开始一切都觉得那么新鲜刺激 |
[16:55] | It’s Tina Swain from the history department, isn’t it? | 是历史系的蒂娜·史怀恩 对吧 |
[16:58] | – What? – You know they’re fake. | -什么 -你明知道她隆过胸 |
[17:01] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[17:02] | The other woman. | 小三 |
[17:03] | The other woman– | 小三 |
[17:04] | Mary, I’m talking about my car! | 玛丽 我说的是我的车 |
[17:06] | Why does everything have to be about you? | 难道凡事都要跟你有关吗 |
[17:14] | …So I said to myself, “Harry, you are walking around | 我就跟自己说”哈里 风险无处不在 |
[17:17] | without catastrophic dental.” | 你却还没投大额齿科保险呢” |
[17:21] | We can’t have that, can we? | 咱们可不能允许这种事情发生 |
[17:23] | No, we cannot, Ted. | 没错 泰德 |
[17:24] | Let’s talk about deductibles. | 咱们聊聊免赔额的问题吧 |
[17:26] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[17:28] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[17:30] | Oh. Hi, Gary. | 你好 加里 |
[17:32] | I’m just upping my coverage. | 我是来增加投保范围的 |
[17:34] | Why are you talking to Ted? | 那你怎么跟泰德聊上了 |
[17:36] | Well, I couldn’t get you on the phone. | 我打电话一直找不到你 |
[17:39] | Ted picked right up. | 泰德立马就接了 |
[17:40] | You mind, Gary? | 别打扰我们好吗 加里 |
[17:41] | I’m right in the middle of writing a policy here. | 我正填保单呢 |
[17:43] | Butt out! This is between me and him! | 少管闲事 这是我俩之间的问题 |
[17:45] | I’m interested in your boat and home policy. | 我对船只和家庭财产险很感兴趣 |
[17:48] | What is this? You never told me you had a boat! | 这是怎么回事 你从没跟我说过你还有条船 |
[17:52] | Well, you never asked. | 是你从没问过我 |
[17:55] | For pleasure craft under 30 feet– | 对于30英尺以下的游艇… |
[17:57] | Hey…he’s my client, you son of a bitch! | 喂 他是我的客户 你个臭不要脸的 |
[18:01] | Get out of my cubicle! | 赶紧从我眼前消失 |
[18:03] | All right, fellas, fellas. Please! | 好了 伙计们 拜托别这样 |
[18:05] | Don’t fight over me. It’s unseemly. | 不要为了我争来争去 多不合适 |
[18:09] | I’ll be in touch, Ted… | 我再联系你 泰德 |
[18:12] | “Ashby.” | 阿什比 |
[18:14] | I’ll call you tonight. | 我今晚打给你 |
[18:16] | Bam! | 砰 |
[18:26] | Somehow the stars always seem | 不知为何 从这辆车里 |
[18:28] | so much brighter from inside this car. | 仰望星空 总比在别处更显璀璨 |
[18:31] | Mm. This is the first place on earth | 这是我们在地球上 |
[18:33] | that we ever… you know… sat. | 第一次”坐下”的地方 |
[18:42] | What are you guys doing in my car? | 你们在我车里坐着干嘛呢 |
[18:44] | Sorry, George. | 对不起 乔治 |
[18:45] | We’ll just be another minute. | 我们再坐一小会儿就走 |
[18:47] | Hurry up. Tow truck’s on its way. | 麻溜的 拖车这就过来 |
[18:51] | Man, you guys remember when we first saw this thing? | 还记得咱们第一次见到这玩意的情景吗 |
[18:53] | We laughed so hard. | 大牙都快笑掉了 |
[18:55] | What a primitive form of transportation. | 这交通工具也太落后了吧 |
[18:57] | It’s so loud. | 噪音又大 |
[18:58] | So uncomfortable. | 舒适度又差 |
[18:59] | And slow. | 速度还超慢 |
[19:00] | I mean, moving parts? Come on! | 就一堆会动的破零件也敢出来丢人现眼 |
[19:03] | But then the first time we took a drive, | 但自从我们兜过一次风之后 |
[19:05] | wow. The wind in our hair… | 那感觉 清风轻抚发丝 |
[19:06] | the rain in our hair… | 雨露轻抚发丝 |
[19:07] | the snow in our hair… | 雪花轻抚发丝 |
[19:08] | and then we learned about the top. | 然后咱们才发现车上有顶棚 |
[19:14] | Well, old gal… | 好伙计 |
[19:16] | I guess this is it. | 我们要就此诀别了 |
[19:18] | Hopefully, some of your parts | 希望你的某些零件 |
[19:19] | will go to help some other car live a long and happy life. | 能帮其它车度过漫长而幸福的一生 |
[19:23] | We just want you to know that whenever we see a Rambler | 我们只想告诉你 每当看到”漫步者” |
[19:26] | proudly rolling down the highway, | 在公路上霸气地驰骋 |
[19:28] | we’ll think of you. | 我们都会想到你 |
[19:30] | Good-bye, old friend. | 别了 老朋友 |
[19:33] | All right, back it up. | 对 往后 |
[19:37] | Come on back. Come on. | 往后 再往后 |
[19:38] | I can’t take it anymore! | 我实在受不了啦 |
[19:41] | No! | 不要啊 |
[19:43] | Harry! | 哈里 |
[19:44] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[19:45] | Did it hurt? | 疼吗 |
[19:46] | Oh, it did. | 可疼了 |
[19:49] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[19:50] | Harry’s got insurance! | 哈里买了保险 |
[19:53] | Harry’s in throbbing pain… | 哈里疼得厉害呢 |
[19:57] | – What do you mean? – We can fix the car! | -你这是啥意思 -咱们有钱修车了 |
[19:59] | Yeah! He’s got to have at least | 是啊 光是他脸上的伤 |
[20:00] | $5,000 worth of damage on his face alone! | 就能拿五千块的赔偿金 |
[20:02] | You think? | 真的吗 |
[20:03] | Look at where his nose is! | 瞧他鼻子都错位成啥样了 |
[20:10] | Sorry, Harry. | 对不起 哈里 |
[20:13] | That might be enough for a CD changer. | 这块新伤大概够CD换碟机了 |
[20:20] | Look at that Rambler shining in the moonlight. | 快看咱家”漫步者”啊 在月光下熠熠生辉 |
[20:22] | Yeah. It’s great. Just like the old days. | 没错 太好了 仿佛往日重现 |
[20:24] | Yup. Stalled twice on the way home, | 是滴 回家路上抛了两次锚 |
[20:25] | and the muffler’s in the trunk. | 消声器扔在后备箱里 |
[20:27] | Yeah. All’s right with the world. | 是啊 世界又恢复正常了 |
[20:29] | Yeah. I’m just glad I had insurance. | 可不是嘛 我真庆幸自己买了保险 |
[20:34] | Thanks to Harry. | 多亏了哈里 |
[20:37] | You know, it’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[20:38] | Humans are not very discriminating. | 人类并非厚此薄彼 |
[20:40] | I mean, they become as emotionally attached to objects | 他们对物体也能产生对人的那种 |
[20:42] | as they do to people. | 感情牵绊 |
[20:43] | No, it’s not just the objects, Sally. | 不仅仅是物体本身 莎莉 |
[20:45] | It’s the memories and feelings that we associate with them. | 还有我们与之相关的记忆和感觉 |
[20:48] | But then where does that end? | 什么时候是个头 |
[20:49] | I mean, we have memories and feelings | 我们对每样东西 |
[20:50] | associated with everything. | 都会产生记忆和感觉 |
[20:52] | I’m surprised we can throw out garbage. | 真没想到咱们还舍得扔垃圾 |
[20:54] | Garbage? | 垃圾 |
[20:55] | Who’s been throwing out garbage? | 谁闲着没事扔垃圾来着 |
[20:57] | I thought I was very clear about that! | 这件事我不是明确说过吗 |
[20:59] | No, no. He does it all the time. | 不 是他动不动就往外扔 |