时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Sally, could you pass us some of that corn? – Sure. | -莎莉 能递点爆米花过来吗 -当然 |
[00:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:12] | Dick, wouldn’t you prefer it if we sat together? | 迪克 你不想跟我坐一起吗 |
[00:15] | Oh, of course I would, Mary, | 我当然想啊 玛丽 |
[00:17] | but you didn’t call shotgun quickly enough. | 谁让你”副驾位”喊晚了呢 |
[00:19] | Well, nobody told me I had to. | 没人告诉我要喊啊 |
[00:20] | Cry baby. | 唧唧歪歪的 |
[00:21] | Look, I’m not going to go over the rules again, Albright. | 我不想再重申规矩了 欧布莱特 |
[00:23] | Better luck next time, Ok? | 祝你下一次好运 好吗 |
[00:25] | It’s a beautiful night, isn’t it? | 多么美妙的夜晚啊 |
[00:26] | Oh. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:27] | Actually, it’s a little warm for my tastes. | 我倒觉得有点热了 |
[00:33] | Well, that’s an interesting look, Harry. | 你这身打扮真新潮啊 哈里 |
[00:35] | Well, it was the last clean piece of laundry in the house. | 这是屋里最后一件干净衣服了 |
[00:38] | Our washer and dryer broke. | 洗衣机和烘干机都坏了 |
[00:40] | We’re waiting for Dubcek’s nephew | 我们在等杜布切克的侄子 |
[00:42] | to get out of rehab, | 从戒毒中心出来 |
[00:43] | so he can fix it. | 他会修 |
[00:45] | Remember that odd smell in the office today, Mary? | 还记得今天办公室里的那股怪味吗 玛丽 |
[00:47] | I said it was Nina’s leftover paella. | 我说是尼娜的隔夜海鲜饭闹的 |
[00:49] | Well, it wasn’t. | 其实呢 不然 |
[00:52] | Oh, come on. | 别闹了 |
[00:53] | Look, I hate the laundro-mat as much as anybody, | 我和大家一样讨厌自助洗衣店 |
[00:56] | but just go and wash your clothes. | 但求求各位大爷 洗洗衣服吧 |
[00:59] | Laundry-mat? | 自助洗衣店吗 |
[01:01] | So you’re saying we can just | 你是说我们可以 |
[01:02] | prance into this laundry-mat | 拿着脏衣服 昂首阔步地 |
[01:05] | with our dirty clothes? | 走进洗衣店吗 |
[01:07] | And use their washers and dryers? | 还去用他们的洗衣机和烘干机 |
[01:09] | Yeah, right. That’ll work. | 对 能 真是妙招啊 |
[01:13] | Dick, please can I sit in front? | 迪克 我能坐前排吗 |
[01:14] | Forget about it, Chickie. | 别惦记着了 小妞 |
[01:16] | My poor Mary. You miss me. | 可怜的玛丽 你想我了 |
[01:19] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[01:20] | Sally, you move up here. | 莎莉 你到前面来 |
[01:22] | I want to go sit next to my wee bonnie lass. | 我要和我的娇小美娇娃坐一起 |
[01:28] | – Now this is more like it. – Yeah. | -这才对味嘛 -对 |
[01:33] | That’s the stuff. | 这才是甜点嘛 |
[01:37] | Dick, your family. | 迪克 当着你家人呢 |
[01:38] | No, no, no. They don’t mind. | 不不不 他们不介意的 |
[01:39] | – Yeah, we won’t look. – Oh, go ahead. | -对 我们不看 -玩你们的 |
[01:41] | Make your move! | 害什么羞啊 |
[01:42] | No, no, no… | 不不不 |
[02:21] | Morning, Mary! | 早啊 玛丽 |
[02:22] | I had a great time last night, didn’t you? | 昨晚我玩得好开心 你也是吧 |
[02:25] | No. | 才怪 |
[02:27] | Dick, I cannot do that again. | 迪克 我不能再那样玩了 |
[02:29] | Oh, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:31] | Next time, | 下次 |
[02:32] | maybe we should all just stay home | 咱们可以待在屋里 |
[02:34] | – and have game night. – No. | -玩一晚上游戏 -不行 |
[02:36] | No offense, but I cannot spend another evening | 无意冒犯 但我不能再和莎莉 汤米 哈里 |
[02:39] | playing Chutes and Ladders with Sally, Tommy, and Harry. | 玩一晚上”蛇梯棋”了 |
[02:43] | What about Kerplunk? | 那玩”球球别落”如何 |
[02:46] | No, Dick. We need to socialize with other people. | 不 迪克 我们需要跟别人出去玩 |
[02:49] | Right. What about Hungry, Hungry Hippos? | 好吧 那玩”饿饿河马”怎么样 |
[02:52] | Dick. I’m serious. | 迪克 我是认真的 |
[02:54] | We need to broaden our social horizons. | 我们需要扩大交际圈 |
[02:56] | Go out with another couple. | 和其他情侣一起出去 |
[02:58] | Another couple? | 其他情侣 |
[02:59] | Why would we want to go out with another couple? | 我们为什么要和其他情侣出去 |
[03:02] | It’ll be fun. | 会很有趣的 |
[03:03] | I don’t know, Mary. How do you know? | 我不知道 玛丽 你怎么会知道 |
[03:05] | It could be really weird. | 肯定会很奇怪的 |
[03:07] | Us? Alone with 2 people? A whole dinner? | 只有我们俩 和另外两个人 吃一顿饭 |
[03:10] | What if nobody even talked? | 要是大家都没话说怎么办 |
[03:12] | I don’t think it’s worth the risk. | 我想还是不要冒这个险了 |
[03:14] | Do it for me. | 算是为了我 |
[03:16] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[03:17] | Now we just have to think of a couple | 现在我们只要想找哪一对出去 |
[03:19] | that would be fun to go out with. | 会比较有意思 |
[03:21] | Judith is always talking about her boyfriend Trent. | 朱蒂丝老是谈到她的男朋友特伦特 |
[03:24] | Dick, I’m not sure… | 迪克 我不太确定 |
[03:26] | but I think Trent may be imaginary. | 但我觉得特伦特可能是她意淫出来的 |
[03:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:32] | Nina, you have a boyfriend now, don’t you? | 尼娜 你现在有男朋友的 对吧 |
[03:34] | I sure do. | 当然 |
[03:36] | Well, how about the 2 of you and the 2— | 那你们俩和我们俩… |
[03:37] | No. | 别想 |
[03:40] | There’s a woman in my tennis clinic– | 我在打网球时遇到一个女人 |
[03:41] | Gwen McMichael, very sweet. | 叫格温·麦克迈克尔 人品超赞 |
[03:44] | I’ll call her and see if she and her husband | 我打给她问问 她们夫妇是否愿意 |
[03:46] | would like to join us for dinner. | 和我们共进晚餐 |
[03:48] | Uh, all right. | 好吧 |
[03:49] | But just to be safe, | 但保险起见 |
[03:50] | I’d better bring along Candyland. | 我还是带上”糖果乐园”游戏吧 |
[03:59] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[04:02] | Look at this place. | 瞧瞧这儿 |
[04:03] | Those interlocking chairs go on for miles. | 那些连起来的椅子有几英里长 |
[04:08] | It’s so bright. | 干净又明亮 |
[04:10] | Like heaven. | 跟天堂似的 |
[04:13] | Look at all the machines. | 看看这些机器 |
[04:14] | We could do more than one load once. | 一次可以洗好几桶 |
[04:16] | Yes! | 对啊 |
[04:18] | Now all my cute little tops | 这样我的小可爱上衣 |
[04:20] | will never again cross paths | 就不会和你沾有屎尿的内裤 |
[04:22] | with your skidmarked jockeys. | “同流合污”了 |
[04:26] | This is the future. | 这就是未来科技 |
[04:27] | Oh, it’s broadband, baby. | 如宽带一般的存在啊 亲爱的 |
[04:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:16] | Why aren’t they here? I bet they’re not coming. | 他们怎么还不来 他们肯定不来了 |
[05:18] | Oh, just relax. They’re 2 minutes late. | 放轻松 他们才晚了两分钟 |
[05:21] | Well, then, they’re just plain rude. | 那 就是他们不懂规矩 |
[05:24] | We should leave. | 我们愤然离场 |
[05:25] | Dick, sit. | 迪克 坐下 |
[05:26] | Oh, here they are. | 他们来了 |
[05:27] | Gwen. | 格温 |
[05:30] | You look so nice. | 你看上去好漂亮 |
[05:32] | Oh, I love your jacket. | 我喜欢你的外套 |
[05:34] | Oh, Ralph Lauren. | 拉夫·劳伦的而已 |
[05:36] | You must be Larry. | 你一定就是莱瑞了 |
[05:37] | I must be. I hope we haven’t kept you waiting too long. | 正是 希望没有让你们久等 |
[05:40] | Oh, no, not at all. | 不 不会 |
[05:42] | I love watching people. It’s what I do. | 我喜欢观察四周的人 这是我的拿手活 |
[05:44] | After all I do have a Ph.D. in anthropology. | 不管怎么说 我是人类学博士嘛 |
[05:49] | Oh! This is Dick. Dick? | 忘了 这位是迪克 过来 |
[05:55] | My name is Dick Solomon. I’m from Ohio. | 我叫迪克·所罗门 我来自俄亥俄州 |
[05:58] | I like to read books. My favorite color is red. | 我喜欢阅读 我最喜欢红色 |
[06:01] | I–I teach physics, | 我 我教物理 |
[06:02] | and my dream is to someday learn to ride a bicycle. | 我的梦想是 有天能学会骑自行车 |
[06:07] | That’s an icebreaker if I’ve ever heard one. | 还是第一次听到这样别致的暖场 |
[06:10] | Why don’t you sit down? | 干嘛不坐下呢 |
[06:11] | I’m Larry McMichael. | 我是莱瑞·麦克迈克尔 |
[06:12] | I’m in printing. I like fly-fishing, | 我从事印刷业 我喜欢假蝇飞钓 |
[06:14] | and my dream… is to find a wife | 我的梦想是找到一个 |
[06:16] | who won’t spend so darn much money. | 不大手大脚花钱的老婆 |
[06:17] | Oh, you! | 死相 |
[06:18] | Waiter! Could I get a bottle of your best red wine? | 服务员 麻烦给我一瓶你们这最好的红酒 |
[06:22] | On me. | 我请 |
[06:23] | Oh, why, thank you, Larry. | 干嘛呀 谢谢你 莱瑞 |
[06:26] | You know, Mary, | 你知道的 玛丽 |
[06:27] | if it were up to my husband, | 要是依着我家这位 |
[06:28] | we’d probably never socialize at all. | 我们根本不会有交际 |
[06:30] | I mean, we’d probably never even leave the house. | 可能连家门都不出一步 |
[06:33] | Why should I leave the house? | 我为什么要出门 |
[06:35] | I’ve got cable. | 有线电视知天下事啊 |
[06:38] | He’s got cable. | 他装了有线电视 |
[06:41] | The only television I watch is the history channel. | 除了历史频道我什么也不看 |
[06:47] | Anyway, why don’t we order? | 不管怎样 我们点餐吧 |
[06:50] | These guys are probably starving. | 男士们应该饿坏了 |
[06:51] | Dick’s eaten 3 bowls of nuts. | 迪克已经吃了三碗干果了 |
[06:53] | Oh, you. | 死相 |
[06:56] | It’s true. | 我又没瞎掰 |
[06:57] | It is not. | 才怪 |
[07:03] | Come on, guys. | 快点 伙计们 |
[07:03] | We don’t have a full load yet. | 洗衣篮还没装满 |
[07:06] | Is this washable? | 这可以洗吗 |
[07:07] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:08] | Well, everybody, I’m off. | 大伙们 我要出发了 |
[07:10] | How was last night? | 昨天晚上怎么样 |
[07:11] | Oh, Mary and I had the most wonderful time | 玛丽和我 跟莱瑞及格温夫妇一起 |
[07:14] | with Larry and Gwen McMichael. | 度过了最愉快的时光 |
[07:16] | We spent over an hour talking about movies. | 我们聊了一个多小时的电影 |
[07:18] | Then Mary and Gwen got into a huddle | 然后玛丽和格温凑一块 |
[07:20] | and talked about gardening | 谈了谈园艺的事 |
[07:21] | while Larry and I talked about traffic. | 我和莱瑞则在一边聊交通 |
[07:23] | It turns out he hates it as much as I do. | 他居然和我一样讨厌交通现状 |
[07:25] | That sounds great. | 听着不错啊 |
[07:26] | You know, you guys want to have a really good time? | 你们想知道什么叫真正的愉快时光吗 |
[07:29] | You should all come to the Rutherford Rinse with us. | 跟我们一块去拉瑟福洗衣店吧 |
[07:33] | Yes, about that. Sally, Tommy, Harry, | 是的 说到这个 莎莉 汤米 哈里 |
[07:36] | please sit down. | 请坐下 |
[07:38] | There’s something I have to tell you and… | 有件事我要和你们说… |
[07:41] | it’s not going to be easy. | 这不太好开口 |
[07:43] | I know how much you all enjoy | 我知道你们很享受 |
[07:44] | the times that you’ve spent with Mary and me… | 和我还有玛丽在一起的时光 |
[07:47] | Dick, is that vest a little stinky? | 迪克 这背心是不是有点发臭了 |
[07:50] | Maybe a little. | 也许有点吧 |
[07:52] | Ok, give it. | 好吧 交出来 |
[07:53] | But Mary and I have come to a decision. | 但我和玛丽做出了决定 |
[07:55] | You know I think those pants might be a little crusty, too. | 我觉得裤子也有点脏了 |
[07:57] | Yeah. Stand up. | 没错 起立 |
[07:58] | We want to spend all of our free time | 我们以后的空闲时间都想和 |
[08:00] | with Gwen and Larry. | 格温及莱瑞在一起 |
[08:02] | Mary says, and I have to agree with her, | 玛丽提出来的 我必须得同意 |
[08:04] | that it’s rare for 2 couples | 两对爱人可以相处得如此融洽 |
[08:06] | to mesh together so perfectly. | 真的难能可贵 |
[08:09] | And so I’m afraid that means | 所以 恐怕以后 |
[08:11] | that we won’t be spending any more time | 我们不会再和你们三个 |
[08:13] | with the 3 of you. | 玩在一块了 |
[08:15] | Aw, that’s a shame. | 真是遗憾 |
[08:16] | Hey, you got any quarters? | 你有没有零钱 |
[08:18] | Yeah. There’s a couple in the left-hand pocket. | 有 左边口袋里有几个 |
[08:20] | Ok. Great. See you later. Bye-Bye. | 好极了 回头见 拜拜 |
[08:30] | Need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[08:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:54] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[09:01] | Aah! That’s us. Ok. | 我们的好了 |
[09:03] | Grab that basket. | 拿个篮子 |
[09:04] | Hey, hey, what are you doing? | 干什么呢 |
[09:05] | That’s my basket. | 这是我的篮子 |
[09:07] | But you’re not using it. | 但你现在又不用 |
[09:08] | I will when my clothes are done. | 等我的衣服好了自然会用 |
[09:10] | No, see, ours are done now. | 不 看到没 我们的已经好了 |
[09:12] | Congratulations. | 那恭喜了啊 |
[09:15] | What’s her problem? | 什么毛病啊 |
[09:16] | I don’t know. Whatever. | 谁知道 管她呢 |
[09:19] | Look, let’s just use that dryer. | 我们用那个烘干机吧 |
[09:21] | These clothes have been done forever. | 那些衣服早就烘好了 |
[09:24] | Hey! What do you think you’re doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[09:26] | You’re touching my stuff. | 你碰到我的私人物品了 |
[09:27] | It was done. | 都烘好啦 |
[09:29] | Yeah, you weren’t here. | 对 刚才你不在 |
[09:30] | You don’t touch other people’s stuff. | 你不能碰别人的私人物品 |
[09:36] | I knew this place was too good to be true. | 我就知道 现实中不会有这种好地方 |
[09:39] | It’s Ok. Just stay calm now. | 没关系的 保持冷静 |
[09:41] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很好 |
[09:42] | We’re just going to go over here | 我们只要走到这里 |
[09:43] | and do another load of laundry. | 再洗一桶衣服 |
[09:44] | – Ok. – Fine. | -好吧 -对嘛 |
[09:46] | Hey, that’s my machine! | 这台机器是我的 |
[09:47] | What’re you talking about? It’s empty. | 说什么胡话呢 这是空的 |
[09:50] | No, I put my magazine on it to hold it. | 不 我把杂志放上面占位了 |
[09:52] | What’s that supposed to do? | 这是什么意思 |
[09:54] | This is chaos. | 真是一团糟 |
[09:55] | Look, you cannot reserve anything with a magazine. | 听着 你不能用杂志占位的 |
[09:57] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[09:58] | I’m sorry, man. | 很抱歉 |
[10:00] | Those are the rules. | 规矩就是这么定的 |
[10:03] | Whose rules? | 谁定的 |
[10:13] | My rules. | 老娘定的 |
[10:17] | Can I at least get my magazine back? | 我至少能拿回杂志吧 |
[10:18] | No. | 别想 |
[10:21] | Yeah, you keep walking, jerky. | 有多远滚多远吧 混蛋 |
[10:25] | Run! | 滚 |
[10:30] | Match point! | 决胜点 |
[10:40] | Would you serve, already? | 你到底发不发 |
[10:48] | Got it! | 我来 |
[10:52] | Got it! | 我来 |
[10:55] | Got it! | 我来 |
[10:58] | Got it! | 我来 |
[10:59] | Switch! | 换位 |
[11:03] | Game. Set. Match. | 决定性的胜利 |
[11:05] | Eat dirt, you McMichaels. | 吃瘪吧 麦克迈克尔一家子 |
[11:10] | I should have warned you I played tennis in college. | 我应该早提醒你们 我大学时就是打网球的 |
[11:15] | Great game, partner! | 精彩的比赛 搭档 |
[11:19] | So, who’s up for a beer, huh? | 那么 谁要来杯啤酒 |
[11:20] | Oh, that sounds great. | 这主意不错 |
[11:21] | I don’t think we can. | 估计我们去不成了 |
[11:22] | We’ve got a carpet guy coming. | 有铺地毯的人要来家里 |
[11:24] | Oh, well, what about after? | 铺完之后呢 |
[11:25] | Ah, well, you know they have to measure, | 你知道他们得测量什么的 |
[11:27] | and that just takes forever. | 估计没完了 |
[11:28] | You know, we should really get going, Gwen. | 我们得走了 格温 |
[11:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:31] | Hey. You want to go see that new Norwegian film? | 你们要去看新上映的挪威电影吗 |
[11:33] | I did a post-thesis dig | 我还发表过一篇探究 |
[11:34] | on a fjord near where it was shot. | 拍摄地附近峡湾的论文呢 |
[11:37] | True story. | 是真的 |
[11:38] | So, should I get some tickets? | 那么 我要去买票吗 |
[11:39] | Oh, gosh. I think we’ve got something on our calendar. | 老天 我想可能最近空不出时间来了 |
[11:42] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[11:43] | we’ll give you a buzz. | 我们会打给你们的 |
[11:44] | Take care, now. | 保重 |
[11:45] | Maybe we can get together next weekend. | 也许下个周末我们还能再聚 |
[11:47] | – Buzz buzz. We’ll give you a buzz. – Buzz buzz. | -电话电话 电话说吧 -电我哟 |
[11:54] | Mary, have they called back yet? | 玛丽 他们有打过来吗 |
[11:57] | Gwen and Larry? No. | 格温和莱瑞吗 没有 |
[11:58] | I’ve left several messages, though. | 我已经留了好几条言了 |
[12:00] | Oh, why haven’t they returned our calls? | 他们为什么还不回我们电话 |
[12:02] | This is madness. | 我快疯了 |
[12:05] | Mary, let’s try them again. | 玛丽 我们再打过去试试 |
[12:06] | Oh, Dick, no. | 迪克 不要 |
[12:07] | I don’t want to appear too desperate. | 我不想表现得那么饥渴 |
[12:08] | But we are! | 但这是事实 |
[12:10] | Maybe they don’t like you | 也许他们没你们想得 |
[12:12] | as much as you thought. | 那么喜欢你们 |
[12:14] | Maybe they’re dead. | 也许他们翘辫子了 |
[12:16] | Do you think they’re brushing us off? | 你觉得他们想甩了我们吗 |
[12:18] | Well, why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这样 |
[12:20] | Dr. Solomon, | 所罗门教授 |
[12:22] | when you’re around them, are you just being yourself? | 你和他们在一起的时候 是不是本性毕露 |
[12:25] | Well, of course I am. | 当然啦 |
[12:27] | Hmm. There you go. | 那就说得通了 |
[12:36] | Larry! | 莱瑞 |
[12:37] | Oh, there you are. | 你们在这儿 |
[12:38] | Thank god. You’re alive. | 谢天谢地 你还活着 |
[12:41] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[12:42] | Gwen! | 格温 |
[12:48] | Dick, what are you doing here? | 迪克 你来干嘛 |
[12:50] | Why haven’t you returned our calls? | 你们怎么不回电话 |
[12:52] | Please tell me it’s because you don’t know | 请告诉我是因为你们不懂 |
[12:54] | how to use your answering machine. | 怎么用答录机 |
[12:56] | Well, Gwen. | 格温 |
[12:57] | We’ve been sort of busy. | 我们最近有点忙 |
[12:59] | Busy? Busy playing tennis without us? Why? | 忙 忙着玩网球不带我们 为什么 |
[13:04] | Was it something I did? | 是因为我做了什么吗 |
[13:06] | No. No. It wasn’t you at all. | 不不 这不关你的事 |
[13:08] | We like you, Dick. | 我们喜欢你 迪克 |
[13:09] | Oh, thank god. You like me. | 谢天谢地 你们喜欢我 |
[13:12] | So there’s no problem. | 那就没有问题了 |
[13:14] | Unless, of course, you don’t like Mary. | 当然了 除非你们不喜欢玛丽 |
[13:22] | Oh, my god. You don’t like Mary. | 我的天 你们不喜欢玛丽 |
[13:25] | It’s not that we don’t like her, Dick. | 不是我们不喜欢她 迪克 |
[13:27] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[13:29] | Well, she’s kind of… | 她有点… |
[13:31] | Oh, I don’t know… | 怎么说呢… |
[13:31] | – Tedious. – Yeah. | -乏味 -对 |
[13:33] | Pretentious? | 自命不凡 |
[13:34] | And completely self-absorbed. | 完全以自我为中心 |
[13:36] | Mary? | 玛丽吗 |
[13:37] | We’re sorry, Dick, | 很抱歉 迪克 |
[13:39] | but her credit card says | 但是她连信用卡上都写着 |
[13:41] | “Mary Albright, Ph.D.” | “玛丽·欧布莱特 博士” |
[13:43] | Now that’s just yucky. | 真够讨厌的 |
[13:47] | But you’ve got her all wrong. | 但你们误会她了 |
[13:48] | Mary is a wonderful person. | 玛丽是个很棒的人 |
[13:49] | You hardly even know her. | 你们甚至都不了解她 |
[13:51] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[13:52] | You’ve got to give her another chance. | 你们需要再给她个机会 |
[13:53] | Please. | 求你们了 |
[13:55] | For me. | 算为了我 |
[13:56] | Well, maybe we were a little quick to judge. | 也许我们太武断了 |
[13:59] | Larry? | 莱瑞 |
[14:00] | Wouldn’t be the first time. | 又不是第一次了 |
[14:02] | We said we’d never use | 我们还说过 |
[14:03] | that outdoor chicken rotisserie, | 再也不用户外烤鸡肉架的 |
[14:05] | and what did we have for dinner last night? | 但昨晚我们又吃了什么呢 |
[14:06] | Rotisserie chicken. | 烤鸡肉 |
[14:07] | Guilty! | 罪孽啊 |
[14:09] | So, that means you’ll give her another chance? | 你们答应再给她一次机会了 |
[14:12] | Ok. Sure. | 对 当然 |
[14:13] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[14:19] | All right. What have we got, Tommy? | 好了 什么情况 汤米 |
[14:21] | The lady says she stepped out of the laundro-mat | 这位女士说她走出自助洗衣店 |
[14:23] | to get a coffee. | 去买杯咖啡 |
[14:24] | When she returned, | 当她回来的时候 |
[14:25] | her slipcovers had been removed from the dryer | 她的沙发套被人从烘干机里拿了出来 |
[14:27] | and placed on the folding table. | 放在了叠衣服的桌上 |
[14:29] | She also claims they were still wet. | 她还声称 沙发套还是湿的 |
[14:31] | Is this a fact, sir? | 是真的吗 先生 |
[14:33] | He moved my stuff. | 他动了我的东西 |
[14:35] | I am not talking to you. | 没问你 |
[14:36] | I’m saying, I went– | 我是说 我去… |
[14:37] | Zip it! | 闭嘴 |
[14:40] | Tommy… | 汤米 |
[14:41] | Why don’t you tell our friend here the rules? | 不如你给这位朋友说一下规矩 |
[14:43] | The rules are: you are not to remove | 规矩如下 你不能移动 |
[14:45] | someone else’s moist items from the dryer. | 别人放在烘干机里的湿衣物 |
[14:48] | Now, was it moist? | 告诉我 是不是湿的 |
[14:50] | It was damp. | 潮的而已 |
[14:51] | Don’t pee on my shoes | 别想糊弄我[别想尿在我鞋子上] |
[14:53] | and tell me the washer’s leaking. | 敢做不敢认[还说是洗衣机漏的] |
[14:56] | Now, was it moist? | 回答我 是不是湿的 |
[14:59] | It was moist, ma’am. | 是湿的 女士 |
[15:02] | What is the matter with these people? | 现在这些人都是怎么了 |
[15:04] | Beats me, ma’am. | 困扰得很 女士 |
[15:05] | You, buster, you better grow up. | 你 混蛋 最好给我懂点规矩 |
[15:07] | You owe this woman 20 minutes of drying time. | 你欠这位女士20分钟的烘干时间 |
[15:09] | I told you. | 我警告过你了 |
[15:11] | And you, young lady, | 还有你 小姐 |
[15:12] | you better drop that attitude. | 最好放下这副臭架子 |
[15:15] | Here’s a little piece of advice– | 这里给你一点建议 |
[15:17] | you’ve heard this before– | 这话你也不是第一次听到了 |
[15:18] | Colors fade… | 颜色不能恒久远 |
[15:20] | but dumb is forever. | 但蠢蛋一个永流传 |
[15:24] | Next! | 下一个 |
[15:29] | So even though I had | 所以 尽管有 |
[15:31] | 4 universities vying for me, | 四所大学都在争我 |
[15:33] | I chose Pendleton because, I don’t know, | 我还是选择了潘德顿 因为 大概 |
[15:35] | there was something quaint about it. | 这儿别有一番古韵 |
[15:38] | Oh, quaint. | 古韵啊 |
[15:40] | – Yeah. – Really? | -对 -是嘛 |
[15:40] | You don’t mean quaint. | 你说的不是古韵 |
[15:42] | You mean humble, don’t you, Mary? | 是简陋 对吧 玛丽 |
[15:44] | She means humble. Mary loves humble things. | 她的意思是简陋 玛丽喜欢朴素的东西 |
[15:48] | Oh, there was a certain je ne sais– | 这里有种 我不知道…[想显摆法语] |
[15:51] | Breadsticks. Who wants a tasty breadstick? | 面包棒 谁要吃好吃的面包棒 |
[15:54] | I’m so glad Dick finally got in touch with you. | 我很高兴迪克终于和你们联系上了 |
[15:56] | I was beginning to think you didn’t like us. | 我差点以为你们不喜欢我们呢 |
[16:01] | How silly. | 多傻啊 |
[16:03] | Don’t be so needy, Mary. | 别这么黏糊 玛丽 |
[16:05] | So, uh, let’s order. | 那么 我们点餐吧 |
[16:07] | Gwen, do you want to split a Caesar? | 格温 你要不要合点一份凯撒沙拉 |
[16:08] | I’ll let you have all the anchovies. | 凤尾鱼都给你吃 |
[16:09] | You got a deal. | 好啊 |
[16:11] | Great. | 好极了 |
[16:12] | Here is an interesting little | 有个十分有趣的 |
[16:13] | anthropological tidbit | 人类学小趣闻 |
[16:15] | from this photographic mind of mine. | 突然从我的高清晰记忆的脑海中窜出来 |
[16:19] | Did you know that the anchovy | 你们知道凤尾鱼 |
[16:21] | was the staple food of the Phoenicians? | 是腓尼基人的主食吗 |
[16:24] | I didn’t know that. | 还真不知道呢 |
[16:25] | And they’re so little. | 凤尾鱼就一点点大 |
[16:27] | Why don’t we get a bottle of wine for the table. | 不如我们叫瓶葡萄酒吧 |
[16:30] | Yes, a nice buttery chardonnay. | 好啊 叫瓶霞多丽干白 |
[16:32] | Not too oaky. | 橡木味没那么重 |
[16:34] | No, we wouldn’t want it to be too oaky. | 当然 我们也不喜欢橡木味太重的 |
[16:36] | Mary, maybe you don’t need anything to drink tonight. | 玛丽 也许今晚你不用喝什么了 |
[16:40] | What?! | 什么 |
[16:41] | Well, darling, you know how sleepy | 亲爱的 你知道你一喝酒就犯困 |
[16:43] | and long-winded wine makes you. | 还会唠叨个不停 |
[16:45] | No, actually, let’s get a bottle of wine. | 不 我们还是叫瓶酒好了 |
[16:49] | I feel like we’re going to need it. | 看这趋势 把自己灌醉在所难免了 |
[16:54] | Good times. | 真开心啊 |
[16:59] | Get out of here. | 出去 |
[17:03] | Sally? | 莎莉 |
[17:04] | Got some bad news. | 事情不妙了 |
[17:06] | Oh, my god. Tommy, what is it? | 天啊 汤米 出什么事了 |
[17:08] | It’s about the washer and dryer at home. | 是家里的洗衣机和烘干机 |
[17:11] | I’m afraid that they’ve been fixed. | 恐怕已经修好了 |
[17:14] | No! | 不 |
[17:15] | Sally, it’s Ok. | 莎莉 没关系的 |
[17:19] | But–but these people need me. | 但 但是这些人需要我 |
[17:20] | Sally, you’ve got to be strong. | 莎莉 你要坚强一点 |
[17:23] | For them. | 为了他们 |
[17:32] | It’s Ok. It’s all right. I know. I know. | 没事的 会好起来的 我懂 我懂 |
[17:38] | Hey, I was hoping you’d come back. | 我还盼着你回来呢 |
[17:40] | I came back to say good-bye. | 我回来是来道别的 |
[17:43] | Well, can’t we go across the street to the diner | 那我们能不能到街对面吃顿饭 |
[17:46] | and get a cup of coffee or something? | 喝杯咖啡什么的 |
[17:48] | June bug… | 妹子 |
[17:50] | What we had here was very special. | 和你在一起的这段时光很特别 |
[17:54] | Hum of the dryers, fluorescent lights, | 烘干机的嘈杂声 日光灯的白光 |
[17:58] | sweet, sweet smell of softener sheets. | 柔软的床单散发的香香的味道 |
[18:02] | But take that away, and I’m afraid we got nothing. | 但除了这些 恐怕我们一无所有 |
[18:07] | What are you, some kind of moron? | 怎么 你是白痴吗 |
[18:10] | I know it’s hard to understand, but, uh, | 我知道这很难理解 但 |
[18:14] | at least we’ll always have this, huh? | 至少我们会一直拥有这里 对吗 |
[18:16] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[18:19] | Oh, that’s gross. | 真恶心 |
[18:20] | That’s right. That’s right. | 对了 对了 |
[18:21] | Fight daddy. Fight daddy. | 粗暴点 粗暴点 |
[18:27] | So, anyway, after graduate school, | 总之 研究生毕业后 |
[18:29] | I took this trip through wine country, | 我在红酒之国周游了一番 |
[18:31] | and the funniest thing happened. | 发生了件前所未有的趣事 |
[18:34] | Is this the one where she meets the guy | 是不是她在那遇见了 |
[18:36] | who looks just like Tony Curtis? | 长得像托尼·柯蒂斯的人[美国影星] |
[18:37] | No, this is the stunner | 不 是那个令她神魂颠倒 |
[18:39] | where she forgot that the dog was blind. | 忘了小狗看不到的美男子 |
[18:42] | Oh, have I told this already? | 我已经讲过了吗 |
[18:44] | Yes, Mary. You’ve told it already. | 是的 玛丽 你已经讲过了 |
[18:47] | Thank you, Dick. | 多谢提醒 迪克 |
[18:50] | Tell it again. | 再讲一次吧 |
[18:52] | Oh, Dick, I–I– | 迪克 我 我 |
[18:54] | Tell it… | 再讲 |
[18:55] | Again! | 一次 |
[18:58] | I don’t think Gwen and Larry want to hear it– | 我觉得格温和莱瑞不想听了 |
[19:01] | I don’t give a flying fudgsicle | 我才不管格温和莱瑞 |
[19:03] | what Gwen and Larry want. | 要听什么 |
[19:05] | What?! | 什么 |
[19:06] | Look at you two sitting there | 看你们两个坐在这里 |
[19:08] | all fake smiles and fake friendly | 摆出一副假笑 假友好的样子 |
[19:10] | looking all fake with your fakeness | 在你们虚伪的小世界里 |
[19:12] | and your fake little world. | 虚情假意地伪装着 |
[19:14] | How dare you?! | 你怎么敢说这样的话 |
[19:15] | Get out! | 出去 |
[19:16] | Come on, Gwen. | 走吧 格温 |
[19:18] | I have never noticed it before, | 我以前从没有注意到 |
[19:19] | but you look capable of violence. | 但你看上去有暴力倾向 |
[19:21] | I’ll show you who’s capable of violence. | 那就让你见识见识 |
[19:23] | Dick! Dick! Dick! | 迪克 迪克 迪克 |
[19:26] | What the hell just happened here? | 这到底是怎么了 |
[19:29] | Mary, | 玛丽 |
[19:29] | there’s something I haven’t told you about those two. | 他们有些事 我没有告诉你 |
[19:31] | What? | 什么 |
[19:32] | They don’t– | 他们不 |
[19:34] | they don’t– | 他们不 |
[19:36] | I don’t like them. | 我不喜欢他们 |
[19:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:40] | They’re tedious | 他们太乏味了 |
[19:42] | and pretentious | 自命不凡 |
[19:43] | and completely self-absorbed. | 完全以自我为中心 |
[19:46] | Mary, our time together is too precious | 玛丽 我们在一起的时间很珍贵 |
[19:49] | to waste with people like that. | 不该浪费在这种人身上 |
[19:51] | They were getting a little dull. | 他们是有点痴呆 |
[19:53] | I found myself doing all the talking. | 一直都是我在说话 |
[19:56] | I could listen to you all day. | 我可以听你说一天 |
[19:59] | So, anyway, | 那么 |
[20:00] | the trip through wine country. | 讲到红酒之国的旅行 |
[20:01] | I was with my friend Charlotte. And we– | 我和我的朋友夏洛特一起 然后我们 |
[20:03] | Didn’t you forget the part about the train ride? | 你是不是漏了火车之旅了 |
[20:05] | Yeah. Have I told this already? | 对 我已经讲过了吗 |
[20:07] | No. | 没有 |
[20:10] | So, anyway, Charlotte’s French | 然后 夏洛特的法语 |
[20:11] | wasn’t very good. | 又不是很好 |
[20:12] | And I, of course, | 我呢 不用说 |
[20:13] | had just come back from the Sorbonne, | 刚从巴黎大学出来 |
[20:16] | so we’re sitting at this table, | 我们就坐在桌子前 |
[20:19] | and a man approaches the table wearing | 然后有个家伙向我们这桌靠近 |
[20:21] | the most humongous collar… | 衣领超级大 |
[20:28] | Now isn’t this better, Mary? | 现在这样多好 玛丽 |
[20:30] | I suppose. | 是吧 |
[20:31] | We don’t need to be out with another couple, now do we? | 我们不用和其他情侣一块儿玩 对吧 |
[20:34] | No. | 对 |
[20:35] | Ok, Albright. In the back. | 好了 欧布莱特 到后面去 |
[20:37] | This is ridiculous, | 这样太荒唐了 |
[20:39] | the next time I’m sitting in the front. | 下次我要坐前面 |
[20:41] | I call shotgun for next time. | 下次我要坐副驾位 |
[20:42] | I call shotgun for time after that. | 下下次是我的 |
[20:45] | Shotgun infinity. | 副驾位永远是姐的 |
[20:50] | Can she call shotgun infinity? | 她这么说行得通吗 |
[20:56] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕可以 |
[20:59] | Yes! | 好耶 |