时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Will this never end? | 还有完没完 |
[00:14] | We’ve been waiting in line for a month! | 我们都排了一个月了 |
[00:17] | D-Do you recall Nina and I even inviting you? | 你想想尼娜和我邀请过你吗 |
[00:20] | At least there’s a kissing booth at the end. | 起码最后还有个接吻亭 |
[00:22] | That’s something to look forward to. | 还能有所期待 |
[00:23] | There’s no kissing booth at the end, and I specifically said | 最后没有接吻亭 我还特地说了 |
[00:27] | “Don’t come. You’ll be bored, and you’ll annoy us.” | “别来 你会觉得无聊 还会烦我们” |
[00:32] | Oh, God, I need caffeine, or I’m gonna fall asleep. | 天哪 我需要咖啡因 不然就要睡着了 |
[00:35] | Nina, be a lamb and fetch me a cappuccino. | 尼娜 乖乖帮我拿杯卡布奇诺来 |
[00:37] | I’m here to get Claire Volk to sign my book, | 我是来要克莱尔·沃尔克的签名的 |
[00:40] | that’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[00:41] | What is this obsession with Claire Volk and her signature? | 是什么让你们痴迷克莱尔·沃尔克和她的签名 |
[00:44] | It can’t be healthy. It can’t be healthy! | 这种做法不可能健康 不可能健康 |
[00:47] | Claire Volk’s first book taught me to love myself | 克莱尔·沃尔克的第一本书教会我自爱 |
[00:50] | during some really rough times. | 那时我的生活很不如意 |
[00:52] | She’s a fully actualized person | 她是个充分实现自我价值的人 |
[00:55] | with so much to share. | 有太多可以分享 |
[00:56] | There are two things I’m certain about: | 有两点我可以肯定 |
[00:58] | she is not fully actualized, | 她没有充分实现自我价值 |
[01:00] | and I don’t know what that means. | 还有我不知道这个词的意思 |
[01:04] | There isn’t a human being alive | 活着的人 |
[01:06] | that couldn’t benefit from this book. | 都会从她这本书上获益 |
[01:08] | Here, let me see it. | 来 我看看 |
[01:09] | A Road Map for Permanent Happiness. | 《通往永恒幸福的路线图》 |
[01:12] | I’ll give the intro a skim | 我略读一下简介 |
[01:13] | and get back to you with my thoughts. | 告诉你们我的想法 |
[01:16] | Baloney. | 胡扯 |
[01:17] | Crap. | 废话 |
[01:19] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[01:20] | More crap. | 又是废话 |
[01:24] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[01:29] | Next? | 下一位 |
[01:30] | Hi. I’m Mary Albright, and I have been waiting | 我是玛丽·欧布莱特 我等了 |
[01:33] | – a long time… – Miss Volk, | -很久… -沃尔克小姐 |
[01:36] | in the last few feet of this line, | 在我排到快到我的时候 |
[01:37] | you have changed my life forever! | 你永远改变了我的生活 |
[01:40] | Would you like me to sign your book? | 你想让我给你的书签名吗 |
[01:42] | Book nothing! | 书算什么 |
[01:43] | Sign my breast! | 签在我的胸上 |
[01:50] | And see if you can use the nipple to dot the “I.” | 你看看能不能用乳头点缀个”我” |
[02:30] | Come on. I want to hear you say it. | 快点 我想听你说出来 |
[02:33] | Oh, I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[02:37] | Oh, who was that? | 谁啊 |
[02:38] | Tommy! | 汤米 |
[02:42] | How’s he doing at college? | 他在学校怎么样 |
[02:43] | Oh, terrible. | 糟透了 |
[02:44] | He said something about a fraternity | 他聊到了兄弟会 |
[02:46] | and being hazed by Greeks, and it’s Hell Week. | 被兄弟会成员捉弄 这周是地狱周 |
[02:51] | He doesn’t know if he’s gonna make it. | 他不知道是否挺得过去 |
[02:54] | Hell Week? He could be in mortal danger. | 地狱周 他可能有生命危险 |
[02:56] | Family meeting! Family meeting! | 家庭会议 家庭会议 |
[02:58] | I can’t. I got to get to Tommy’s school. | 不行 我得赶去汤米的学校 |
[03:00] | He could be dead already. | 他可能已经死了 |
[03:00] | Now? But I want to show you my new book! | 现在吗 我还想给你们看我的新书呢 |
[03:04] | Listen to me, I will do anything to keep Tommy | 听我说 我会不惜一切来保障汤米 |
[03:06] | or any member of this family from being killed, | 或其他任何家庭成员的人身安全 |
[03:09] | even if it means killing you or any member of this family! | 即便代价是杀了你或其他任何家庭成员 |
[03:15] | Harry… | 哈里 |
[03:18] | all through our tumultuous existence on this planet, | 我们在这个星球上躁动地存在了这么久 |
[03:21] | we have been enslaved by our negative emotions. | 一直被我们的消极情感所奴役 |
[03:25] | That’s so true. I got to run. | 说的很对 我得走了 |
[03:26] | Ah, no– | 别走 |
[03:28] | – Are you happy? – Yeah. | -你幸福吗 -对 |
[03:30] | – Really happy? – Yeah. | -真幸福吗 -对 |
[03:31] | Really, really, really happy? | 真真正正幸福吗 |
[03:34] | No. | 不 |
[03:36] | With this book, we are going to master our emotions. | 有了这本书 我们就将主宰我们的情绪 |
[03:39] | No more ups and downs, only ups. | 不再跌宕起伏 只有如意快乐 |
[03:41] | From now on, the quest for perma-happiness | 从现在起 对永恒幸福的探索 |
[03:44] | must be our first and our only priority. | 一定是我们第一也是唯一要事 |
[03:47] | Calm, calm, happy, happy. | 平静 平静 快乐 快乐 |
[03:51] | Okay, I paid to get that leak in the kitchen roof fixed. | 好了 我花钱修好了厨房那个漏洞 |
[03:54] | Now, one of you got to go up and paint the ceiling, | 现在你们出个人上去粉刷天花板 |
[03:56] | or I’m keeping your security deposit. | 不然我保证金就不退了 |
[04:01] | Okay, Harry, you paint the ceiling. | 好 哈里 你去刷天花板 |
[04:02] | I’ll get happy for both of us. | 我来为我们俩找快乐 |
[04:09] | Tommy? Tommy! | 汤米 汤米 |
[04:12] | Oh, my God, Tommy, | 天哪 汤米 |
[04:13] | they’ve brainwashed you into thinking the floors are teeth. | 他们给你洗脑 让你以为地板就是你的牙齿 |
[04:17] | Sally, what are you doing here? | 莎莉 你来干什么 |
[04:18] | Okay, I came to save your ass. | 好吧 我是来救你小命的 |
[04:20] | Now jump on my back, | 快跳到我背上 |
[04:21] | and I’m gonna bust you out of this death trap. Come on. | 我把你带出这个死亡陷阱 快 |
[04:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[04:26] | Hell Week. You told Harry you might not make it. | 地狱周 你告诉哈里你可能挺不过去 |
[04:30] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[04:32] | Tommy? | 汤米 |
[04:33] | Tommy, are you in there? | 汤米 你在里面吗 |
[04:35] | Sally! | 莎莉 |
[04:36] | I meant I was afraid I might not make it into the frat. | 我的意思是 我害怕我可能进不了兄弟会 |
[04:40] | The frat. | 兄弟会 |
[04:42] | Great. Okay. | 真棒 好吧 |
[04:45] | Hell, that was worth a four-hour bus ride. | 该死 这四个小时的大巴坐得真值 |
[04:49] | Sally, this place has the best parties, | 莎莉 这地方有着最棒的派对 |
[04:51] | the nicest girls, and some of the skankiest girls. | 最漂亮的姑娘 还有些是最没下限的姑娘 |
[04:57] | Which is why the frat brothers | 所以兄弟会成员 |
[04:58] | are putting us through a series of tests– | 会给我们一系列考验 |
[05:00] | to make sure none of the weenie geeks get in. | 来确保没有小书呆子入会 |
[05:03] | Oh, I see. So you’re worried, | 我懂了 所以你担心 |
[05:04] | ’cause you’re a weenie geek. | 因为你是个小书呆子 |
[05:08] | No. | 不 |
[05:09] | I merely have some concerns | 我只是有点担心 |
[05:11] | that the frat selection process might not be scientific. | 兄弟会的选拔流程可能不太科学 |
[05:17] | I just wish I knew what the pledge master has planned. | 我要是知道纳新负责人的计划就好了 |
[05:20] | Tommy, you know, | 汤米 知道吗 |
[05:22] | I might be able to help you here. | 我或许能帮到你 |
[05:24] | As it happens, I’m not just a master of escape, | 碰巧 我不止是逃跑高手 |
[05:27] | but I am also a master of getting into places | 还精通进入各种地方 |
[05:31] | and…sneakily secret… finding. | 偷偷摸摸地找东西 |
[05:39] | – Infiltration. – Thank you. Infiltration. | -渗透战斗 -谢谢 渗透战斗 |
[05:42] | Oh, yeah, you’re not a geek. | 是啊 你还真”不是”呆子 |
[05:48] | Oh, Dick, I can’t believe | 迪克 难以置信 |
[05:50] | how into this book you are. | 你竟然这么喜爱这本书 |
[05:52] | It’s wonderful. I am so proud of you. | 太好了 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[05:55] | Oh, thank you, Mary. | 谢谢你 玛丽 |
[05:56] | Claire Volk says that | 克莱尔·沃尔克说我 |
[05:58] | I don’t need any affirmation but my own, | 只需要自己的肯定 |
[06:00] | so I’m gonna pretend that I said that. | 所以我要假装这话是我说的 |
[06:04] | The book says that Step 1 to perma-happiness | 书上说通往永恒幸福的第一步 |
[06:08] | is the forgiveness ceremony, so– | 是宽恕仪式 来吧 |
[06:10] | Should I go first? | 我能先来吗 |
[06:11] | No, no, no. I’ve been saving up. | 不不不 我酝酿很久了 |
[06:15] | I forgive Nina for eating my lunch today. | 我原谅尼娜今天吃了我的午餐 |
[06:21] | Dick, Nina did that because you ate her lunch. | 迪克 尼娜这么做是因为你吃了她的午餐 |
[06:25] | Mary, is this a forgiveness ceremony | 玛丽 这是宽恕仪式 |
[06:27] | or a who-ate-Nina’s-lunch inquisition? | 还是”谁吃了尼娜的午餐”审讯 |
[06:29] | – Sorry, sorry. – Your turn. | -抱歉 抱歉 -到你了 |
[06:31] | I forgive my mother for making a mess of my childhood. | 我原谅我母亲把我的童年搅得一团糟 |
[06:36] | Ah. But you’re still mad, I can tell. | 可你还在生气 我看得出来 |
[06:40] | It’s Dick 1, Mary zero. | 这局迪克一分 玛丽零分 |
[06:42] | Dick, this is not a competition. | 迪克 这不是比赛 |
[06:43] | That’s because you’re losing. | 那是因为你输了 |
[06:45] | Okay. It’s my turn. | 好 到我了 |
[06:48] | I forgive you, Mary, | 我原谅你 玛丽 |
[06:51] | for those 5 pounds you put on last Christmas. | 去年圣诞节胖了五磅 |
[06:54] | – Dick! – No, no. It’s done. | -迪克 -不不 结束了 |
[06:56] | Come on. Your turn. | 快点 到你了 |
[07:01] | I forgive the world for its capricious– | 我原谅这个世界反复无常的… |
[07:06] | That makes me think of one. | 这让我想到了一条 |
[07:07] | You didn’t let me finish. | 我还没说完呢 |
[07:10] | – Forgive me? – Yes, but you– | -原谅我吗 -好 可你… |
[07:11] | Okay, then it’s my turn again. | 好 那又到我了 |
[07:15] | I forgive the world for its capricious… | 我原谅这个世界反复无常的… |
[07:23] | What were you gonna put on the end of that, Mary? | 你最后准备说什么来着 玛丽 |
[07:26] | Oh, Dick, maybe we should do this thing separately. | 迪克 或许我们该分开做这件事 |
[07:28] | The things I’m trying to forgive are snowballing on me here. | 我努力去原谅的事开始越滚越多了 |
[07:30] | But, Mary, I was gonna forgive you for snoring, | 可是 玛丽 我正准备原谅你睡觉打鼾 |
[07:33] | for chewing with your mouth open, | 张嘴嚼东西 |
[07:35] | and for a loud phone voice. | 还有讲电话声音太大 |
[07:37] | Are you sure you want to miss all that? | 你确定想要错过这一切吗 |
[07:39] | I don’t want to do this anymore. | 我不想再试了 |
[07:40] | Come on, Mary. | 别这样 玛丽 |
[07:41] | No, no, just go away. | 不不 你走吧 |
[07:42] | Impatience, too. | 还没耐心 |
[07:43] | No, get out. | 不 出去 |
[07:48] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[07:49] | Get out! | 出去 |
[07:58] | Hey, Harry. Here’s the paint and brushes from | 哈里 给你拿来了油漆和刷子 |
[08:01] | when you were supposed to help me paint my apartment. | 都是你该帮我家刷油漆的时候留下的 |
[08:03] | Thanks for hurrying over to help me, Nina. | 谢谢你赶来帮我 尼娜 |
[08:05] | Help nothing. I came to get my hundred bucks back | 帮什么忙 我是来要回我的一百块 |
[08:07] | from when you were supposed to help me paint my apartment. | 就是你该帮我家刷油漆的时候收下的 |
[08:10] | Yeah. How’d that go? | 怎么样了 |
[08:12] | Well, actually, you never even showed– | 实际上 你从没出现… |
[08:14] | You know what? I don’t have time for this. | 你知道吗 我没时间和你谈这事 |
[08:15] | I got a ceiling to paint, | 我还有天花板要刷 |
[08:17] | so either pay me the hundred bucks you owe me, or get out. | 要么付清欠我的一百块 要么就走人 |
[08:21] | No, you owe me, so what the hell are you so fired up about? | 不 是你欠我 你在生哪门子气 |
[08:24] | Well, it’s not every day Dick gives me an assignment, | 迪克并不是经常给我派任务 |
[08:27] | and I want to put my heart and soul into it, | 我想全心全意投入进去 |
[08:29] | you know, make it a labor of love. | 变成心甘情愿做的事 |
[08:31] | Harry, it’s a ceiling. | 哈里 这是个天花板 |
[08:33] | Pick a color and slap it on. | 选个颜色拍上去就好了 |
[08:34] | I can’t just pick and color! | 我无法选个颜色上色 |
[08:37] | It has to speak to me. | 它得和我有共鸣 |
[08:40] | It has to reflect the golden rays of sunlight | 它得在早上反射日光的 |
[08:41] | off my Cheerios in the morning, | 金色光线到我的脆谷乐上 |
[08:44] | or stir my interest as | 或是迪克唠叨时 |
[08:46] | I stare up at it while Dick’s talking. | 我抬头看它会觉得没那么闷 |
[08:54] | Hi, there. Hi. | 你好啊 |
[08:57] | You know, I was walking across campus | 我正在校园里走 |
[08:59] | on my way to a campus building, | 要去一栋大学楼 |
[09:00] | and I thought I’d just swing by | 我想索性就进来看看 |
[09:02] | and ask you what your hazing rituals were. | 问问你们都有哪些捉弄人的规矩 |
[09:05] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:07] | I’ve taken a solemn vow | 我庄严宣誓过 |
[09:08] | never to reveal the secrets of this pledge book. | 绝不会泄露这本宣誓书上的秘密 |
[09:11] | You tell me, I’ll go out with you. | 你告诉我 我就和你约会 |
[09:13] | – Let me walk you through it. – Okay. | -我带你看看 -好的 |
[09:40] | Wrong, wrong, wrong! | 错错错 |
[09:43] | How can paint that tastes this good look this bad? | 油漆怎么会味道这么好 样子却那么难看呢 |
[09:52] | All right, line up! Come on, line up! | 好了 排好队 快点 排好队 |
[09:55] | Okay, ladies, we’ve got a new assistant pledge master. | 好了 姑娘们 来了一位新的纳新助理 |
[09:58] | Her name is Sally. | 她名字叫莎莉 |
[10:00] | Well, Stan is half right. | 斯坦说对了一半 |
[10:02] | My name is Sally, but from now on, | 我名字叫莎莉 可从现在起 |
[10:04] | you’ll all know me as– | 我的名字就是… |
[10:06] | Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! | 哇 哇 哇 |
[10:09] | That’s right– | 没错 |
[10:10] | Sally Ow-ow-ow. | 莎莉·哇哇哇 |
[10:12] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[10:13] | I’m Bucky. | 我叫巴基 |
[10:14] | Oh, my God, your parents are so cruel. | 我的天 你父母真残忍 |
[10:17] | But guess what, you ain’t seen nothing yet. | 可你猜怎么着 真正的残忍你还没见过 |
[10:19] | All right, what’s your name? | 好了 你叫什么名字 |
[10:21] | I’m Jim. | 我叫吉姆 |
[10:22] | Not anymore. | 以后不是了 |
[10:23] | From now on, your name is Rose, | 从现在起 你的名字叫玫瑰 |
[10:25] | and you’re a 78-year-old grandmother. | 一个78岁的老奶奶 |
[10:27] | Go run 6 miles with a walker. | 带个助步器去跑六英里 |
[10:29] | Go, go, go! | 去去去 |
[10:31] | What’s your name, Tommy? | 你叫什么名字 汤米 |
[10:33] | I’m Tommy. | 我叫汤米 |
[10:34] | Hi, there. | 你好啊 |
[10:36] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 打断一下 打断一下 |
[10:39] | Do you guys know each other? | 你们俩认识吗 |
[10:40] | Uh, no, not at all. | 不 完全不认识 |
[10:41] | I never met him before in my life. | 我从没见过他 |
[10:43] | No special treatment here. | 没有特殊待遇 |
[10:45] | She’ll treat me exactly | 她对我会完全 |
[10:46] | like she treats everyone else she doesn’t know, right? | 和对待其他不认识的人一样 对吗 |
[10:50] | That’s what you want, right? | 你真想这样吗 |
[10:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:53] | – Really? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[10:55] | All right. Good. | 好的 很好 |
[10:57] | One question–you wearing boxers or briefs? | 提问 你穿的是四角裤还是三角裤 |
[11:01] | Boxers. | 四角裤 |
[11:02] | Wrong answer. | 回答错误 |
[11:11] | Mary, you’ll be happy to know that I’m deep into Step 2. | 玛丽 你会很高兴知道我深入到第二步了 |
[11:16] | I have successfully eliminated | 我已经成功消除了 |
[11:18] | all the negative relationships in my life– | 我生活中所有的负面关系 |
[11:20] | Judith, Strudwick, the Chancellor. | 朱蒂丝 斯塔威克 校长 |
[11:23] | I’ve even stopped yelling at | 我在得来速时 |
[11:24] | the little voice that comes out of the clown’s head | 都没冲小丑脑袋里 |
[11:26] | when I’m at the drive-through. | 发出的小声音叫唤 |
[11:29] | Wow, you’ve really grown. | 你真的成长了 |
[11:30] | Yes, I have, Mary. | 是的 玛丽 |
[11:32] | I’m almost perma-happy Dick. | 我几乎就是永恒幸福的迪克了 |
[11:36] | Anyway, you’re history. | 顺便说下 你已经是过去时了 |
[11:40] | – What? – Yeah, you’re gone. | -什么 -没错 我不要你了 |
[11:41] | I can’t be in this relationship anymore. | 我不能再和你维持这段关系了 |
[11:43] | Too many ups and downs. | 太多起起伏伏了 |
[11:46] | You’re breaking up with me because of this book? | 你因为这本书和我分手吗 |
[11:49] | Yeah, I’m afraid so. | 对 恐怕是的 |
[11:56] | No. | 不 |
[11:58] | I know it’s hard, Mary. | 我知道这很难接受 玛丽 |
[11:59] | No, it’s not hard, Dick. It’s just not happening. | 不 不难 迪克 只是不可能 |
[12:02] | What? | 什么 |
[12:04] | Well, what I’ve learned from this book is that | 我从这本书上看到的是 |
[12:08] | “On the ferris wheel of life, | “在生活的摩天轮上 |
[12:10] | I am the carny holding the throttle.” | 我是掌管开关的管理员” |
[12:15] | I choose not to break up with you. | 我选择不和你分手 |
[12:17] | Really? Can you do that? | 真的吗 你能这么做吗 |
[12:20] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[12:22] | I think you have a tendency to underestimate the– | 我认为你往往低估了 |
[12:25] | the sickness of the co-dependent relationship. | 互相依赖关系的弊病 |
[12:28] | And we’re in one, mister, | 我们在这依赖关系中 先生 |
[12:29] | and you’re not going anywhere. | 你哪里也别想去 |
[12:32] | In that case, I need to, uh, uh… | 这样的话 我需要 |
[12:35] | “Step off the desperation treadmill | “走下绝望跑步机 |
[12:36] | and frolic through the forest of solitude with my self elf.” | 在与世隔绝的森林和自我小精灵嬉戏” |
[12:42] | Self elf? What the hell is that? | 自我小精灵 那是什么鬼东西 |
[12:45] | For your information, it is the sprightly inner happiness | 告诉你 它是当你和有爱支持的自我 |
[12:48] | that you achieve when you spend time | 共度美好时光时 |
[12:50] | with your loving and supportive self, | 就会得到的内心雀跃的快乐 |
[12:52] | but you would know that if you had read the book. | 你要是看了那本书 就会知道了 |
[12:54] | I’m at the helm… | 我要掌控… |
[12:56] | – I’m at the helm… – Calm, calm, happy, happy. | -我要掌控…-平静平静 快乐快乐 |
[12:59] | – I’m at the helm… – Calm, calm! | -我要掌控…-平静 平静 |
[13:01] | – I’m at the helm! – Happy, happy! | -我要掌控… -快乐 快乐 |
[13:08] | Permission to speak with the assistant pledge master | 请允许我和纳新助理说话 |
[13:10] | and put this thing down. | 以及把这东西放下 |
[13:12] | Denied and denied. | 拒绝再拒绝 |
[13:14] | Come on, Sally! | 拜托 莎莉 |
[13:20] | – That is highly unseemly. – What the hell are you doing? | -你这样就不对了 -你搞什么鬼 |
[13:22] | You’re supposed to be helping me out. | 你该帮我的 |
[13:24] | That is what I’m doing. | 我就是在帮你啊 |
[13:24] | I’m helping you build character. | 我在帮你塑造品行 |
[13:26] | I just want you to help me get into this frat. | 我只是想让你帮我进入兄弟会 |
[13:28] | – And you will. – I will? | -你会的 -是吗 |
[13:29] | Oh, yeah. If you get through Hell Week. | 对 如果你通过了地狱周 |
[13:31] | If I get through? | 如果我通过了 |
[13:32] | Tommy, listen to me. | 汤米 听我说 |
[13:34] | I took an oath here, okay? | 我在这里宣誓过了 好吗 |
[13:36] | I must uphold this fraternity’s hallowed traditions. | 我必须维持兄弟会的神圣传统 |
[13:40] | I think you’re just on a power trip. | 我觉得你是被权力冲昏头了 |
[13:45] | That’s a bit disrespectful, plebe. | 你有点无礼 新生 |
[13:47] | Well, guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[13:48] | I’m not afraid of you. | 我不怕你 |
[13:50] | Maybe not, but I know what you are afraid of. | 或许是 可我知道你怕什么 |
[13:53] | Me. | 我 |
[13:55] | Maybe so, | 或许是这样 |
[13:56] | but anything you put me through only makes me stronger. | 可你让我经历的磨难只会让我变得更强 |
[13:59] | Okay, so you’re supporting my initial argument. | 你这是支持了我最初的论证 |
[14:01] | Then I recant. | 那我收回 |
[14:02] | If you recant, then you quit. | 如果你收回 那你就放弃 |
[14:03] | Then I quit. | 那我就放弃 |
[14:04] | You are such a coward. | 你真是个懦夫 |
[14:06] | You never deserved to be in this fraternity. | 你根本就没资格进入这个兄弟会 |
[14:08] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[14:09] | Hit me with everything you got. | 尽管放马过来吧 |
[14:11] | 20 pushups now! | 俯卧撑二十个 |
[14:12] | How ’bout 10? | 十个怎么样 |
[14:13] | I’d like to see you try. | 我倒是想见识一下 |
[14:23] | Jeez, aren’t you done yet? | 天啊 你还没完工吗 |
[14:26] | Madam, these things take time. | 女士 这些事需要时间 |
[14:29] | Did your reputation as a gin-soaked | 你那酒鬼荡女的美名 |
[14:31] | good-time girl happen overnight? | 是一晚上就有的吗 |
[14:34] | No, it happened over several nights. | 不 是几个晚上才赢来的美名 |
[14:37] | But it really stuck after that convention. | 但那次集会后就没有改过了 |
[14:41] | Look, I don’t need you nagging me, okay, | 听着 我不需要你唠叨我好吗 |
[14:44] | when this has been mocking me day and night. | 这玩意已经日以继夜地取笑我了 |
[14:48] | Stop it! Shut up! | 住嘴 闭嘴 |
[14:51] | You shut up! | 你给我闭嘴 |
[14:53] | What’s that? I didn’t think I heard you. | 你说什么 我没听到你说的话 |
[15:00] | Whoa! It’s finished. | 完工了 |
[15:05] | That’s good. | 不错啊 |
[15:07] | So, you gonna paint the garage next? | 那你打算接着去刷车库吗 |
[15:10] | Impossible. | 不可能 |
[15:11] | I’ve got nothing left to give. | 我没东西能给了 |
[15:23] | No, no. Just the one. | 不不 一杯够了 |
[15:35] | Hey, good-looking. | 帅哥 |
[15:36] | Having a good time? | 过得开心吗 |
[15:38] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[15:41] | Quite a difference, eh? | 变化很大吧 |
[15:43] | Now that you’ve eliminated | 由于你淘汰了 |
[15:44] | all the problem people in your life, | 所有生活中的问题人物 |
[15:45] | only the happy elite remains: you and me. | 就只剩下幸福的精英了 你和我 |
[15:51] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[15:53] | Is something wrong, Dick? | 有不对劲的吗 迪克 |
[15:55] | Wrong? What could be wrong? | 不对劲 能有什么不对劲 |
[15:58] | No one’s contradicting me. | 没人和我争执 |
[15:59] | No one’s telling me to lower my voice. | 没人叫我降低音量 |
[16:01] | No one’s told me not to lick the salt and pepper shakers. | 没人告诉我不要舔盐和胡椒粉瓶 |
[16:05] | I’m calm and-and-and… | 我平静而… |
[16:08] | I’m happy. | 我很幸福 |
[16:10] | It’s boring, isn’t it. | 很无聊 对吧 |
[16:12] | Well, as a matter of fact, it is. | 实际上是的 |
[16:14] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[16:16] | Because there’s no conflict here, Dick, | 因为没有矛盾了 迪克 |
[16:18] | and I think you need that. | 而我觉得你需要 |
[16:21] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[16:22] | Are you so sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:23] | Well, maybe a little. | 或许要一点吧 |
[16:25] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[16:27] | You’re not having a good time here, | 你并不开心 |
[16:29] | and frankly, neither am I. | 说实话 我也是 |
[16:31] | You know who’s fault that is? | 你知道那是谁的错吗 |
[16:33] | Yours? | 你的 |
[16:34] | No. | 不 |
[16:36] | It’s the book’s fault. | 是这本书的错 |
[16:38] | Oh, my God, you’re right! | 我的天 你说得对 |
[16:41] | I should have listened to you and not that stupid book. | 我该听你的 而不是那本蠢书 |
[16:44] | I almost threw away Mary. | 我差点就把玛丽给甩了 |
[16:45] | Yeah, and she’s the only good thing you’ve got going. | 对 而她是你唯一的珍宝 |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:50] | Yeah, never a dull moment with Mary. | 是啊 和玛丽在一起绝不会乏味 |
[16:53] | We better get over there. | 我们最好去找她 |
[16:55] | Yeah, I’m with you. | 对 我同意 |
[16:56] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[16:58] | Oh, by the way, about the check… | 对了 账单呢… |
[17:01] | I know, I know. I’ll get it. | 我懂 我懂 我来付 |
[17:04] | You go. | 你去吧 |
[17:05] | Oh, thanks, Dick. | 谢了 迪克 |
[17:07] | You’re the greatest! | 你最善解人意了 |
[17:08] | No… | 不客气 |
[17:11] | Check please! | 请结账 |
[17:18] | This is good. | 很好 |
[17:19] | We just have to get through this last test | 我们只要通过这最后的测试 |
[17:21] | and we’ve made it. | 就能入会了 |
[17:22] | She knows how to break me. | 她知道如何击溃我 |
[17:24] | She’ll break me. | 她会击溃我 |
[17:25] | Tommy, relax, man. | 汤米 放轻松 伙计 |
[17:26] | You’ve taken everything she’s thrown at you. | 你已经通过了她一切的考验 |
[17:28] | You’re right, I have. | 没错 是这样 |
[17:30] | I’m a mountain. | 我稳如泰山 |
[17:31] | I am a mountain! | 我坚如泰山 |
[17:34] | Stand up, plebes! | 起立 新生们 |
[17:37] | Hi, ladies. | 姑娘们 |
[17:39] | Boy, are you in for a treat today! | 老天 今天有好东西款待你们 |
[17:44] | I have three tasty popovers right here. | 我这里有三个美味的酥饼 |
[17:48] | Ladies like popovers, don’t they, ladies. | 姑娘们都爱酥饼 对不对 姑娘们 |
[17:51] | Okay, hold out your hands. | 好的 伸出手 |
[17:53] | One is cherry. | 一个是樱桃馅 |
[17:58] | One is apricot. | 一个是杏子馅 |
[18:03] | And one may or may not be spider. | 一个可能是或不是蜘蛛 |
[18:08] | I happen to know that one of you is | 我正巧知道你们中有人 |
[18:10] | pathologically afraid of spiders. | 特别害怕蜘蛛 |
[18:14] | Don’t worry, Tommy. It’s just a psych-out. | 别担心 汤米 这只是吓唬人的 |
[18:16] | No one would actually put a poisonous spider in a popover. | 没人会把毒蜘蛛放进酥饼里 |
[18:18] | Poisonous? Did she say poisonous? | 有毒 她说了有毒吗 |
[18:21] | Ladies, | 姑娘们 |
[18:22] | take it of the popover. | 尝尝酥饼的味道吧 |
[18:30] | Mmm, apricot. | 杏子 |
[18:33] | Spider? | 蜘蛛 |
[18:34] | No, cherry. I hate cherry. | 不 是樱桃 我讨厌樱桃 |
[18:37] | Congratulations, men. That’s fantastic. | 恭喜 硬汉们 你们真棒 |
[18:41] | You’ve joined the fraternity! | 你们加入了兄弟会 |
[18:44] | Sadly… everyone except Tommy. | 很难过 只有汤米没有加入 |
[18:47] | Tommy, bite the popover | 汤米 咬一口酥饼 |
[18:50] | and join the covenant of your brethren. | 就能加入兄弟会了 |
[18:54] | Yeah, come on, Tommy. Do it! | 是啊 加油 汤米 咬吧 |
[18:54] | You can do it! | 你能做到 |
[18:57] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[18:58] | Bite it. | 咬下去 |
[18:59] | Bite it. Bite it. Bite it. Bite it. | 咬下去 咬下去 咬下去 |
[19:03] | Bite it! Bite it! Bite it! Bite it! | 咬下去 咬下去 咬下去 |
[19:06] | Wait, guys. Let me explain. | 等等 伙计们 我说清楚 |
[19:08] | Sally is my aunt, | 莎莉是我的姑姑 |
[19:10] | and I wanted to get into this frat so badly | 我太想加入兄弟会了 |
[19:12] | that I did what any of you would have done. | 于是我做了你们任何人都会做的事 |
[19:14] | I asked my aunt for help, | 我求我姑姑帮忙 |
[19:15] | but now she’s gone mad with power, | 可她现在被权力冲昏了头脑 |
[19:17] | and I think we need to kick her out, right? | 我觉得我们该把她赶出去 对吧 |
[19:21] | Brothers, unite! | 兄弟们 团结起来 |
[19:26] | Get the weenie. | 拿下书呆子 |
[19:41] | – Mary! Wake up! – Aah! What? What? | -玛丽 快醒醒 -怎么了 怎么了 |
[19:43] | I was sleeping! | 我在睡觉呢 |
[19:44] | Hence, the demand. I’m here for a fight! | 都是生活的必需 我是来吵架的 |
[19:48] | Is this from the book? | 是书里的话吗 |
[19:49] | Forget the book! | 别管那本书了 |
[19:50] | The book just wants to make you happy. | 那本书就只想让你幸福 |
[19:52] | And…you don’t wanna be happy? | 你不想幸福吗 |
[19:54] | No, not all the time. It’s no fun! | 对 不想总是幸福 那就没意思了 |
[19:56] | I need conflict. It makes me feel. | 我需要争执 那样不会让我麻木 |
[19:58] | It makes me learn! So come on. | 让我能学习 快点 |
[20:01] | Bring it! | 和我争执 |
[20:01] | No, I don’t wanna do that. I’m happy. | 不 我不想这么做 我很幸福 |
[20:04] | – No, you’re not. – Yes, I am. | -不 你不幸福 -我幸福 |
[20:07] | – No! You’re not! – Yes, I am! | -你不幸福 -我幸福 |
[20:10] | This is the face of peace and tranquility. | 这是波澜不惊的脸 |
[20:13] | Perma-happy Mary. | 永恒幸福的玛丽 |
[20:17] | God, you’re sexy when you’re happy. | 天哪 你幸福的时候好性感 |
[20:19] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[20:26] | So Tommy is really bummed he didn’t | 汤米因为没进兄弟会 |
[20:28] | get into that fraternity. | 而恼羞成怒了 |
[20:30] | Good. Let him feel miserable now. | 很好 让他感受痛苦吧 |
[20:32] | That way, he’ll appreciate how good he feels | 这样的话 他最终进去的时候 |
[20:34] | when he finally does get in. | 就会真正开心了 |
[20:35] | Ah, not gonna happen. I rewrote the bylaws. | 不可能了 我重写了章程 |
[20:40] | Ya know, it’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[20:41] | If a human wants to be rich, or thin, or happy, | 如果人类想富有 苗条或是幸福 |
[20:44] | they gotta read about how to do it in a book. | 他们会从书上学习方法 |
[20:46] | Yeah, but all the negative crap seems to come easily. | 对 可所有消极的感觉一下子就有了 |
[20:50] | There’s no book that tells you how to be selfish, | 没有书教你如何变得自私 |
[20:52] | stupid, or obnoxious. | 愚蠢或是可憎 |
[20:55] | Hey. Maybe you should write one. | 或许你可以写一本 |
[20:58] | Oh, I could, but I’m too lazy. | 我是可以 但我太懒了 |