时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The raw power of art… | 艺术的原始力量 |
[00:04] | Once your mind fires, your heart’s moved. | 当心智迸发灵光 情感便会被触动 |
[00:07] | Ideas open, and the warriors are the people themselves. | 思想开放 人民便会成为勇士 |
[00:11] | You can cut a man’s head off, | 你可以砍下一个人的脑袋 |
[00:13] | or you can change what’s in a man’s head. | 也可以改变他脑袋里的想法 |
[00:15] | Do the latter, you have a warrior for your cause. | 后者 可以为你的大业添一名勇士 |
[00:18] | Do the former, you have… | 前者 只会得到 |
[00:20] | a head with a lot of blood pouring out. | 一颗脑袋 和大量涌出的鲜血 |
[00:24] | Sometimes I’m so fucking clever, | 有时我是如此聪明 |
[00:26] | I have to take a breath not to become dizzy. | 我得喘口气免得自己头晕 |
[00:31] | Fuck me. | 我去 |
[00:33] | This is bold, and fucking intense on the eyes. | 这好大胆 好有冲击力 |
[00:36] | Prometheus is bound for eternity | 普罗米修斯要永远 |
[00:38] | as a vulture snacks on his regenerating liver. | 被一只秃鹫啄食他能重生的肝脏 |
[00:41] | And what did this idiot do to deserve it? | 这白痴做了什么会遭受这种事 |
[00:44] | He is a revolutionary. He gifted his people the arts. | 他是个革命家 他为人民带来了艺术 |
[00:48] | Didn’t I just do that? | 我不也是吗 |
[00:49] | It will turn out much better. | 但你的结局会好得多 |
[00:51] | He made some mistakes, as well. | 他也犯了不少错误 |
[00:52] | Let us move to the next. | 我们去看下一幅吧 |
[00:54] | I do like the idea of my liver regenerating, though. Mm. | 但我喜欢我的肝脏能重生的想法 |
[01:00] | It is a spectacular new collection. | 多么美妙的新收藏 |
[01:03] | Look at the court. | 看看宫廷的反应 |
[01:04] | Are you sure this is working? I see a few people weeping. | 你确定这行吗 我看到几个人在哭 |
[01:07] | Indeed. Happily. | 是啊 喜极而泣 |
[01:09] | Happily? | 喜极而泣 |
[01:10] | Weeping is for sad people, and very terrified ones. | 不 难过的人和很害怕的人才哭呢 |
[01:13] | Sometimes one can be so moved by what they see, | 有时 人们会因目之所见被深深触动 |
[01:15] | their eyes explode from the joy of it. | 眼睛会因喜悦而涌出热泪 |
[01:19] | Remarkable. | 惊人 |
[01:21] | Everybody gather ’round. | 大家过来 |
[01:22] | To this art… | 敬这些艺术品 |
[01:24] | …my wife… …and the new court. | 我妻子 和新宫廷 |
[01:28] | Thank you for your patience | 谢谢你们耐心地 |
[01:29] | as I become the me I wish to be. | 等待我成为我想要的样子 |
[01:31] | I hope to have you weeping by the end of the day. | 我希望你们今天结束时都能喜极而泣 |
[01:40] | What do you think of the art? | 你怎么看这些艺术品 |
[01:42] | I think it looks fine, | 看上去很不错 |
[01:44] | and is feeling quite pleased with itself. | 而且还颇为自得 |
[01:49] | I’ve never seen him like this. | 我从未见过他这样 |
[01:51] | He’s excited. Passionate. | 他很激动 很有激情 |
[01:53] | It’s all thanks to you. | 都是因为你 |
[01:55] | To us. We are changing this place together, don’t forget. | 是我们 我们在一起改变这里 别忘了 |
[01:59] | Catherine, Voronsky, you’re missing the fun. | 凯瑟琳 沃伦斯基 你们要错过精彩了 |
[02:01] | Grab a drink and come be with me. | 拿杯酒来陪我 |
[02:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:16] | Fucking paintings. | 他妈的画啊 |
[02:18] | Who knew? | 谁能想到 |
[02:22] | I am not the Emperor’s favorite person at present. | 我现在不是沙皇最喜欢的人 |
[02:25] | Yes, you ruffled his feathers. | 是啊 你惹恼了他 |
[02:27] | I’ll win him back. | 我会赢回他的心 |
[02:28] | I commend you your resilience. | 我赞扬你的坚韧不拔 |
[02:30] | What is this abomination? | 这是什么恶心玩意 |
[02:34] | I think it means sometimes | 好像是在表现 |
[02:35] | you get off on odd things, and that’s okay. | 有时你会对奇怪的东西感到兴奋 那没关系 |
[02:38] | – Good Lord. – Oh, please. | -老天爷 -得了 |
[02:41] | I once walked in on you when I was young, | 我有次小时候撞见你 |
[02:42] | having peacock feathers inserted | 让斯芬斯卡夫人 |
[02:44] | into your arsehole by Lady Svenska. | 往你的屁眼里插孔雀羽毛 |
[02:46] | I was young. God had not yet found me and set me right. | 我那时年轻 上帝还没找到我 让我走上正途 |
[02:50] | She is changing this place. | 她在改变这地方 |
[02:52] | It’s just paintings. | 不过是画而已 |
[02:54] | Art has power, and she knows it. | 艺术有力量 她很清楚 |
[02:57] | The Church has used it to tell the truth for hundreds of years. | 教会数百年来都用艺术来讲述真相 |
[03:00] | New truths? | 新真相吗 |
[03:01] | No such thing. | 那不存在 |
[03:03] | Good luck with the Emperor. | 祝你能赢回沙皇的欢心 |
[03:06] | I hope it’s not un-pheasant. | 希望不会太不”毛” |
[03:09] | Oh, come on. That was a good one. | 得了 这笑话多好玩 |
[03:18] | I heard about the soldier. | 我听说了那士兵的事 |
[03:21] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[03:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:26] | I am alarmed by how easy it was. | 我对那多么容易感到震惊 |
[03:30] | What is strangest is I feel unlike myself. | 最奇怪的是 我觉得不自在 |
[03:36] | But also never more like myself. | 但同时也前所未有地自在 |
[03:38] | Tends to happen the first time. | 第一次往往如此 |
[03:41] | Then it stops? | 然后就会停止吗 |
[03:42] | Then you learn the best way to numb it a little. | 然后你会明白最好的办法就是稍稍麻痹自我 |
[03:46] | Whiskey, or vodka? | 威士忌还是伏特加 |
[03:48] | I don’t drink. | 我不喝酒 |
[03:50] | You didn’t kill, either. | 你原本也不杀人 |
[04:00] | Vodka. | 伏特加 |
[04:05] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[04:18] | Here is my idea, | 这是我的点子 |
[04:19] | but let us begin with the applause it will deserve. | 但首先 我们给予它 它应得的掌声吧 |
[04:25] | Brilliant. It is an ideas box. | 太好了 这是个想法箱 |
[04:28] | People may have ideas or thoughts | 人们可能会想要表达的 |
[04:30] | that they feel they need to express. | 点子或想法 |
[04:32] | Sometimes they are rightfully awed by me | 有时 他们理所当然地因对我的敬畏 |
[04:34] | and can but stutter and bow when they talk to me. | 而在跟我说话时 口吃或鞠躬 |
[04:37] | But now… | 但这样… |
[04:39] | You want people to write their ideas. | 您要人们把想法写下来 |
[04:42] | Anonymously. | 匿名写 |
[04:43] | So you won’t know who it is. | 这样您便不知道是谁写的了 |
[04:45] | Genius. | 天才吧 |
[04:47] | It is my idea, this box. No one has ever had it. | 这个箱子是我想出来的 没人想到过 |
[04:50] | Maybe I will not be Peter the Great. | 或许我做不了彼得大帝 |
[04:53] | But perhaps I can be Peter the Great Idea. | 但我或许可以成为好点子彼得 |
[04:58] | Rich! | 精彩 |
[04:59] | Why is that funny? | 这有什么好笑 |
[05:01] | Indeed. I’d be fascinated to know. | 是啊 我很想知道呢 |
[05:03] | Now please, sir. Illuminate us, Arkady. | 请给我们解释一下吧 阿卡迪先生 |
[05:07] | It’s genius of the Emperor. I will lead the applause. | 沙皇真是天才 我来带头鼓掌吧 |
[05:11] | You’re sucking up, Archie. | 你在拍马屁 主教 |
[05:13] | I am. | 是的 |
[05:14] | Continue. | 请吧 |
[05:22] | Excited for phase two? | 对第二阶段感到激动吗 |
[05:23] | I am. You are very sexy when you talk in phases. | 是的 你提起阶段时好性感 |
[05:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:29] | I’m nervous. But imagine. | 我好紧张 但想象下 |
[05:32] | You imagine. I merely help out after. | 是你在想象 我只是事后帮忙 |
[05:37] | Empress, this is men’s things. | 皇后 男人在处理事务 |
[05:39] | Your gift came, and I could not wait to give it to you. | 你的礼物来了 我等不及把它送你 |
[05:48] | A fig press! | 无花果榨汁机 |
[05:50] | – It is a printing press! – It’s a printing press! | -是印刷机 -是印刷机 |
[05:52] | But we banned them. Didn’t we? | 但我们不是把这玩意禁止了吗 |
[05:54] | – We did. – A while ago. | -是的 -好久之前了 |
[05:56] | We have not reconsidered recently. | 我们近来没有重新考虑过 |
[05:58] | I give this gift to my dear husband, | 我将这份礼物送给我亲爱的丈夫 |
[06:01] | for he is printing a new Russia | 因为他要印出一个新俄国 |
[06:04] | from his brain, and ever-expanding heart. | 用他的大脑和越来越宽广的心 |
[06:07] | – We did outlaw them, but– – Please do not refuse me | -我们禁止了这东西 -请不要拒绝我 |
[06:10] | my desire to make you happy. | 不要拒绝我让你开心的渴望 |
[06:13] | With it, we can liberate the people, | 我们可以用它来解放人民 |
[06:15] | with free speech for all. | 让所有人拥有自由言论权 |
[06:17] | You could do a newsletter. | 你可以发布时事通讯 |
[06:18] | Tell them of our latest battle victories. | 告诉大家我们的新战争捷报 |
[06:21] | Which are none, by the way, you fat fuck, Velementov. | 那个根本没有 你个死胖子 维勒门托夫 |
[06:24] | It doesn’t just do words. | 它不仅能印字 |
[06:26] | Pictures, too. Anything you would like. | 还能印画 你想印什么都行 |
[06:30] | Fuck me. | 我去 |
[06:32] | It is a bear in a crown. I am the bear? | 是一只戴王冠的熊 我是那只熊吗 |
[06:35] | This is very good. | 太棒了 |
[06:36] | – Grigor, you must look at this. – He does not have to. | -格里戈尔 你得来看看 -他不用来看 |
[06:39] | We can print one for him, also. For everyone. | 我们可以再给他印一份 给每个人印一份 |
[06:42] | Amusing, indeed. | 真是有趣 |
[06:43] | However, I must say– | 但是 我得说… |
[06:44] | Everyone could stand in the halls | 所有人都可以在走廊里站着 |
[06:45] | laughing and praising me in bear form. | 欢笑赞扬被画成了熊的我 |
[06:47] | More joy from their Emperor. | 更多他们的沙皇带来的欢乐 |
[06:49] | – Absolutely. – Huzzah, wife. I am pleased. | -是啊 -太好了 妻子 我很高兴 |
[06:52] | Hopefully it juices figs, as well. | 希望它还能榨无花果汁 |
[06:54] | If you put them there, I’m sure– | 如果放在那里 肯定… |
[06:55] | Forgive me, Emperor, | 请原谅 沙皇 |
[06:56] | but the use of the printing press | 但印刷机的使用 |
[06:57] | has always been reserved for the Church. | 一直仅限于教会 |
[07:00] | Perhaps something the Empress has forgotten. | 或许皇后忘了吧 |
[07:02] | So, Archie, what you’re telling me | 主教 你是说 |
[07:04] | is you’re strongly opposed to it. | 你强烈反对它吗 |
[07:06] | Yes. I am. | 是的 |
[07:08] | Excellent. It stays. Set it up. | 太好了 留下它 安置好 |
[07:11] | Go and trim your beard, Archie. You’re of no use to me today. | 去修修你的胡子吧 主教 你今天帮不上我 |
[07:13] | Everyone out. | 都出去 |
[07:15] | Except you, wife. | 除了你 妻子 |
[07:17] | This pleases me. And my box pleases me. | 这让我开心 我的箱子也让我开心 |
[07:20] | Art pleases me. Science pleases me. | 艺术让我开心 科学让我开心 |
[07:23] | You please me. | 你让我开心 |
[07:24] | Only this morning, I was thinking | 今天早上 我还在想 |
[07:25] | about the time I was planning on killing you. | 我当初策划杀你的时候呢 |
[07:27] | Did I ever tell you about that? | 我跟你讲过吗 |
[07:29] | Not directly, but I had a sense. | 没直接说过 但我有所感觉 |
[07:31] | A small carriage accident. | 小型马车事故 |
[07:32] | Had the axle sawed and everything. | 都把车轴锯好了 |
[07:34] | But now look at us. Working together. | 但现在看看我们啊 携手合作 |
[07:37] | Indeed. You are making a new Russia. | 是啊 你将创造新俄国 |
[07:40] | Your brain and heart expanding before me. | 你的大脑和心在我眼前蓬勃发展 |
[07:44] | A changed man. | 焕然一新 |
[07:45] | I wish to now also give you a gift. | 我现在也想送你件礼物 |
[07:47] | How exciting. We are curiously like-minded. | 好激动 我们如此心有灵犀 真有趣 |
[07:50] | Sit on the desk, and pull up your skirts. | 坐在桌上 撩起裙子 |
[07:53] | Oh, right. That gift. | 好吧 礼物 |
[08:03] | Uh, what are you– | 你… |
[08:12] | …my. | 天啊 |
[08:16] | Stop. | 停下 |
[08:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:18] | I, uh… | 我… |
[08:21] | …don’t know. | 不知道 |
[08:53] | This noise. I’ve not heard it before. Good or bad? | 这声音 我没听到过 是好还是坏 |
[08:56] | Bad. | 坏 |
[08:59] | – Good. – Well, huzzah! | -好 -那太好了 |
[09:01] | Fucking huzzah! | 太棒了 |
[09:04] | Now, I told Aunt Elizabeth how much help you’d been to me, | 我告诉伊丽莎白姨妈你近来对我有多大帮助 |
[09:07] | and she showed me this tongue trick to use in thanks. | 她教了我个舌头的技巧来表达感谢 |
[09:11] | We really are doing well this week. | 我们这周可真是势不可挡 |
[09:12] | Yes. I must go. | 是啊 我得走了 |
[09:15] | Have a good afternoon. | 下午愉快 |
[09:32] | Catherine, my dear. | 凯瑟琳 亲爱的 |
[09:35] | Something has happened. | 发生了一件事 |
[09:37] | Peter has shown you my special tongue trick. | 彼得给你做我的特别舌技了 |
[09:40] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[09:41] | The flush in your cheek. The slight shock in your eye. | 你通红的脸蛋 眼神里的震惊 |
[09:44] | I remember the first time it was used on me. | 我还记得我第一次享受时的感觉 |
[09:47] | I was fourteen, | 我才14岁 |
[09:49] | and my math tutor was endeavoring to teach me simple addition. | 我的数学老师想教会我简单的加减法 |
[09:53] | It left me feeling truly wonderful. | 那感觉真是太美妙了 |
[09:57] | And with a great respect for the number 33. | 也让我对33这个数字充满尊重 |
[10:00] | I am confused. | 我好糊涂 |
[10:02] | I am very fond of Peter. | 我很喜欢彼得 |
[10:04] | We are closer than ever. | 我们也前所未有地亲近 |
[10:07] | But it is Leo who has my heart. | 但我爱的是利奥 |
[10:09] | Well, I understand. He’s quite supple, | 我理解 他很柔软 |
[10:11] | incredibly charming, and… | 非常有魅力 |
[10:13] | no doubt pine-scented when sweaty. | 而且出汗时身上一股松树味儿 |
[10:16] | But if I am able to enjoy myself… | 但如果我能跟彼得 |
[10:19] | that much… with Peter… | 那么…愉悦 |
[10:21] | Let me make one thing clear. | 让我跟你说明白一件事 |
[10:23] | Where one’s heart lies, and who blows their lump | 一个人爱谁 和谁给她舔阴了 |
[10:26] | are two very different things. | 完全是两件事 |
[10:28] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:29] | I could make you come right here, right now, if I wanted to. | 我如果想 此时此地就能让你高潮 |
[10:36] | So shall I? | 需要吗 |
[10:37] | No. No. | 不不 |
[10:39] | It is a generous offer, but I think I understand. | 你非常好心 但我想我已经明白了 |
[10:42] | What happened with Peter was physical. | 我和彼得只是肉体情趣 |
[10:45] | Leo is the one for me. | 利奥才是我爱的人 |
[10:47] | I’m glad we sorted that. | 很高兴我们讲清楚了 |
[10:49] | Now, have a few sugar cubes to restore your strength. | 吃几颗方糖恢复力气吧 |
[10:53] | Did you hear about the press? | 你听说印刷机的事了吗 |
[10:55] | We will fill the court with philosophy, poetry, | 我们要让宫廷里充满哲学 诗歌 |
[10:58] | and the most marvelous ideas from our favorite minds in Europe. | 和我们最喜欢的欧洲思想家的奇妙想法 |
[11:02] | And even the Americas. | 甚至还有美洲的思想家 |
[11:03] | In no time, Russia will be a wonder, | 很快 俄国就将成为奇迹 |
[11:06] | and a powerhouse of thought and ideas, | 充满思想和想法的强国 |
[11:09] | unrivaled in the world. | 举世无双 |
[11:12] | You really are spectacular. | 你真是太了不起了 |
[11:14] | I want to embroider every word you just said onto a cushion. | 我想把你刚刚说的每句话绣在垫子上 |
[11:22] | Emperor, a couple of things. | 沙皇 有几件事 |
[11:25] | You’re bold, coming near me while I have a weapon. | 你好大胆 在我手里拿着武器时靠近我 |
[11:27] | I come not as a flawed man but as Patriarch, | 我不是作为一个有缺点的人而是作为大牧首而来 |
[11:30] | head of your 15,000 churches and voice to the people. | 我是您15000座教堂的领袖 也是人民之声 |
[11:35] | I have some good news. | 我带来了好消息 |
[11:36] | As Patriarch, I have doubled the tithes | 作为大牧首 我们将给沙皇您的 |
[11:39] | we pass on to your royal self. | 什一税翻了倍 |
[11:44] | – Fuck me. That’s a lot of money. Hmm. – Indeed. | -我去 好大一笔钱 -是啊 |
[11:47] | The bind between church and Emperor | 教会和沙皇之间的纽带 |
[11:50] | is the scaffolding that holds our unwieldy empire together. | 是维系这个复杂帝国的脚手架 |
[11:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:55] | It was more you were a lying prick than a church problem. | 问题更多是在于你撒谎 而非教会 |
[11:58] | I’m sorry, again. | 我再次表示抱歉 |
[12:00] | All right, fuck. Stop crying. | 行了 我去 别哭了 |
[12:03] | Unless you’re looking at art. Then it’s okay. | 除非你在看画作 那就没事 |
[12:05] | We all make mistakes. | 我们都会犯错 |
[12:06] | This will be a regular amount of money? | 这会成为常规收入吗 |
[12:08] | Indeed. | 是的 |
[12:09] | – Good. – Uh, one thing, though. | -很好 -但有件事 |
[12:12] | The raven, my fault. | 那乌鸦 是我的错 |
[12:14] | The dream, I did not create. | 但那梦不是我编的 |
[12:17] | God sent you that. | 是上帝给你的启示 |
[12:20] | Fuck off, then. You’re forgiven. | 那滚吧 我原谅你了 |
[12:22] | I’m off to do science. | 我要去做科学了 |
[12:26] | He is a strange dog. | 它是只奇怪的狗 |
[12:27] | He’s half a dog and some hair, really. | 它就是半只狗和一些毛发 |
[12:29] | He is more than that. | 可不止如此 |
[12:31] | He doesn’t mind that I reek of piss, | 它不介意我一身尿味儿 |
[12:34] | and he kisses me when I like. | 而且还会在我开心时亲我 |
[12:38] | I could do that. | 我也可以 |
[12:40] | And I reek of piss, too, so I, I, I wouldn’t notice. | 我也一身尿味儿 所以我都闻不到了 |
[12:45] | You ever been with a woman, Vlad? | 你破处了吗 弗拉德 |
[12:48] | – Yes. Of course. – Not. | -当然 -没有吧 |
[12:51] | Not. | 没有 |
[12:55] | – What are you– – All this sassy talk. | -你干吗… -就知道聊骚 |
[13:08] | Not bad. | 还不赖 |
[13:11] | Take your clothes off. | 脱衣服 |
[13:13] | – What? – Fuck it. | -什么 -管他呢 |
[13:15] | The Empress is at dinner. It is your lucky day. | 皇后还在吃晚饭 今天你走运了 |
[13:26] | Oh, fuck. | 我去 |
[13:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:29] | Your back. | 你的后背 |
[13:39] | Did you touch it? | 你摸了吗 |
[13:41] | – No. – Good. | -没有 -很好 |
[13:43] | – I should go back downstairs. – No. | -我得下楼去了 -不 |
[13:45] | No way. | 不行 |
[13:49] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[13:54] | Get in the cupboard. Quickly! | 进橱柜里去 快 |
[13:57] | In… | 进… |
[14:09] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[14:34] | You do not have to say it. You are impressed. | 不用说出来 但你很钦佩吧 |
[14:37] | Not really. | 并没有 |
[14:39] | It is proof that he is changing. | 这证明了他在改变 |
[14:42] | That my coup of ideas is working. | 我的思想政变在成功 |
[14:45] | Coup of ideas? | 思想政变 |
[14:46] | That is what I am calling it. | 我就这么喊它 |
[14:48] | It is catchy, do you not think? | 不是很上口吗 |
[14:49] | I think you’ve plagiarized my original strategy, | 我觉得剽窃了我原本的策略 |
[14:51] | and given it a cleverer title. | 还起了个讨巧的名字 |
[14:53] | So in a way, I am saying you were right. | 那么 我是在说你是对的 |
[14:58] | Join me in this. | 跟我联手 |
[15:00] | Together we can change this place. | 我们可以一起改变这里 |
[15:02] | When you asked me to do this with you, | 你叫我跟你联手时 |
[15:03] | you said you saw a bigger man. | 你说你看到了一个更强大的人 |
[15:05] | Well, now I am bigger. | 我现在是变强大了 |
[15:07] | Huge, in fact. | 太大了 |
[15:08] | I killed a soldier, and I’m too tall for these corridors, | 我杀了个士兵 这走廊挤不下我了 |
[15:11] | and I cannot go back. | 我无法回到从前了 |
[15:13] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[15:15] | But look, Orlo. | 但看看啊 奥罗 |
[15:17] | The printing press. Art. | 印刷机 画作 |
[15:20] | My idea works, | 我的点子都成功了 |
[15:22] | and will work better with this bigger Orlo behind it. | 而且有更大的奥罗的支持还会更加成功 |
[15:26] | The only thing this machine | 这台机器唯一证明了的 |
[15:27] | is proof of is Peter’s fickle nature. | 就是彼得的多变 |
[15:30] | Give him an hour, and he will have turned his attentions | 给他一小时 他的注意力就会转移到 |
[15:31] | to sticking fireworks in his desserts. | 在甜点上插爆竹上 |
[15:34] | Then should we not seize this moment? | 那我们难道不该把握这个时机吗 |
[15:36] | Print and seed as many vital ideas as possible? | 尽量多地打印播种重要思想 |
[15:39] | – Look at them, Orlo. – Oh. Indeed. | -看看他们 奥罗 -是啊 |
[15:42] | Now, uh, which vital idea shall we focus on first? | 我们该先着重于哪个重要想法 |
[15:46] | Um, “The Gigantic Turnip”? | “大萝卜” |
[15:48] | “Mikhail, The Erotic Tales of a Russian Guard”? | “俄国护卫米凯尔的情色故事” |
[15:52] | Or Bykov’s stroganoff recipe? | 还是拜科夫的酸奶牛肉食谱 |
[15:58] | – They are… A start– – Empress. | -那是个…开始 -皇后 |
[16:00] | Lady Svenska has discovered the ink from the press | 斯芬斯卡夫人发现 印刷机的油墨 |
[16:02] | can be used to make us all look like badgers. | 可以用来把我们化妆成獾 |
[16:05] | Would you like some? | 您来点吗 |
[16:06] | No. Perhaps another time. | 不用了 下次吧 |
[16:18] | The lungs. | 肺 |
[16:20] | Human heart. | 人心脏 |
[16:23] | Human heart with a bullet hole. | 有子弹孔的人心脏 |
[16:25] | Moving on to the spleen… | 然后是脾 |
[16:28] | Wife. | 妻子 |
[16:29] | Voronksy, just in time. | 沃伦斯基 来得正巧 |
[16:31] | What is going on? | 这怎么回事 |
[16:32] | It is a surprise. I call it… A science party. | 是个惊喜 我称之为科学派对 |
[16:36] | I have assembled some of the finest brains | 我叫来了这一带一些 |
[16:38] | in the region to entertain us. Come. | 最聪明的人来娱乐我们 来 |
[16:41] | Meet. Dr. Smirnov, and Nikolai. | 这是斯莫诺夫医生和尼克莱 |
[16:43] | Smirnov likes to shock people, quite literally. | 斯莫诺夫喜欢电击人 |
[16:46] | It is an honor, Empress. | 很荣幸 皇后 |
[16:48] | He has come to show us his electrical boy. | 他来给我们展示他的电力男孩 |
[16:50] | Do the thing. | 来啊 |
[16:56] | More. Give it all you got, electrocute him. | 继续 尽全力 电他 |
[17:08] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧 |
[17:09] | He is fine. | 他没事 |
[17:11] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[17:13] | To become a human magnet. What an honor. | 成为人肉磁铁 多么荣幸 |
[17:16] | Now, Chekhov’s over there. | 契柯夫在那边 |
[17:17] | He’ll show you the innards of humans. | 他会给你展示人体内脏 |
[17:19] | And Yahontov will let you break wind on a flame | 叶鸿托夫会让你对着明火放屁 |
[17:22] | and watch it go up. | 然后看它燃起来 |
[17:26] | What is wrong? | 怎么了 |
[17:28] | It is science. I thought it would excite you. | 这是科学 我以为你会激动呢 |
[17:30] | And it has. | 我是激动 |
[17:32] | So much so, I am stunned into stillness. | 以至于我被惊得定住了 |
[17:35] | Huzzah, husband. | 太棒了 夫君 |
[17:37] | You have taken my advice and done something truly… | 你接受了我的建议 还做出了非常 |
[17:42] | …striking. | 惊人之事 |
[17:43] | Good. Now… | 很好 那么… |
[17:45] | who would like to electrocute young Nikolai again, hmm? | 谁想再电电小尼克莱 |
[17:48] | Leo? | 利奥 |
[17:49] | Oh, I wish I could. I’m, uh, fetching drinks. | 我也想 但我要去拿酒 |
[17:53] | Let’s do it anyway. | 不管了 我们还是做吧 |
[18:02] | May I talk to you about something first? | 我可以先跟你说件事吗 |
[18:05] | I suppose. | 好吧 |
[18:07] | What happened to me this morning… | 我今早的事 |
[18:10] | I think it would be best if we do not mention it to Leo. | 我们最好别告诉利奥 |
[18:13] | It is a matter of manly pride, I think. | 这事关男人的骄傲 |
[18:17] | He perhaps is not as skilled in the area, | 他在这方面可能技不如你 |
[18:19] | – and could be put off. – I suspected as such. | -或许会因此伤自尊 -我猜到了 |
[18:22] | Do not worry. I will handle things lightly, | 别担心 我会一如既往地 |
[18:23] | as I always do. | 委婉处之 |
[18:25] | I need to speak with you. Urgently. | 我需要跟你说话 是急事 |
[18:28] | I will return. | 我就回来 |
[18:30] | The scrotum, dissected. | 剖开的阴囊 |
[18:43] | Madam Dymov. | 德莫夫夫人 |
[18:45] | It is spectacular, is it not? | 多么令人惊奇啊 |
[18:47] | All this change at court. | 宫廷里发生了这么多改变 |
[18:48] | We have been reading all day and are suddenly full of culture | 我们这一整天都在阅读 突然学会了很多文化 |
[18:51] | and fun word japes. | 和幽默的玩笑 |
[18:53] | Your new spot at the table, for instance. | 比如说你在餐桌上的新位置 |
[18:55] | A metaphor for how things are progressing with the Emperor. | 隐喻了跟沙皇的关系的进展 |
[18:59] | How else might we put it creatively? | 我们还能怎样有创意地表达呢 |
[19:01] | You are a tray of old food he has left outside his room. | 你是他留在了门外的剩菜 |
[19:05] | A wig that has lost its shape and been replaced. | 因为走形而被换掉的假发 |
[19:08] | And you are fucking bitches. | 你们是贱人 |
[19:10] | Witty. I will put that in my new book of witty sayings. | 真会说 我会在我的新巧言书里记下的 |
[19:14] | Good afternoon, ladies. | 下午好 女士们 |
[19:20] | I do not know them well, | 我跟她们不怎么熟 |
[19:22] | but they seem quite terrifying. | 但她们好吓人 |
[19:24] | They are harmless. Just enjoying this new Peter. | 她们无害的 只是因为新彼得开心而已 |
[19:29] | And you are not? | 你不吗 |
[19:30] | He seems distracted, | 他似乎心不在焉 |
[19:32] | as is the Empress, I’d imagine. | 我想皇后也是一样吧 |
[19:34] | She has seen a change in him. | 她在他身上看到了改变 |
[19:36] | Wants to embrace it, | 她想去接受 |
[19:37] | even if it is through gritted teeth at times. | 哪怕有时比较勉强 |
[19:41] | Ah, Leo. Lost you. | 利奥 正找你呢 |
[19:43] | I have something to share. | 我有东西要分享 |
[19:44] | – Another experiment. – In a sense. | -又是实验吗 -可以说吧 |
[19:46] | I put on a tongue play for the Empress this morning, | 我今早为皇后施展了舌技 |
[19:49] | and fuck me, did she applaud, | 我去 她喜难自胜地 |
[19:51] | stammer, and sing a little bit with unbridled fucking joy. | 喝彩 前言不搭后语 还差点唱出来 |
[19:57] | I ate her pussy. | 我给她舔屄了 |
[20:00] | Oh, I see. You’re speechless, not uncomprehending. | 我知道了 你是不知说什么好 不是没懂 |
[20:02] | Catherine has told me of your… issues. | 凯瑟琳跟我说了你的…问题 |
[20:05] | Thought it best not to mention, | 她觉得最好别提起 |
[20:06] | but then, if there is one thing | 但自我差点死亡后 |
[20:07] | I have learned since my near death, | 我明白了一件事 |
[20:09] | it is that knowledge is all. | 那就是知识就是一切 |
[20:11] | You know it can be done, and that I did it, | 你知道这能做到 我也做到了 |
[20:14] | and now you may improve. | 现在你可以改进了 |
[20:17] | Yes. | 当然 |
[20:19] | Huzzah. Very kind. | 太好了 多谢您 |
[20:21] | Anyway, we’ll chat. | 好了 回聊 |
[20:22] | Perhaps we can print you up a diagram later, hmm? | 我们稍后给你印个图表好了 |
[20:28] | What was that you were saying | 你刚刚说 |
[20:29] | about the Empress and her gritted teeth? | 皇后怎么勉强了 |
[20:35] | – Where is he? – The cupboard. I panicked. | -他人呢 -在橱柜里 我慌了 |
[20:41] | Are you all right in there, Vlad? | 你在里面还好吗 弗拉德 |
[20:43] | Well… | 我… |
[20:45] | I, I have pox, so… not great. | 我得了天花 所以不是很好 |
[20:49] | But, Em– Empress, I’m s-sorry. | 但皇后 对不起 |
[20:51] | There is nothing be sorry for. | 你不需要道歉 |
[20:53] | We will help you through it. | 我们会帮你撑过去的 |
[20:59] | You found the markings on his back? | 你在他背上发现了痘痕 |
[21:02] | You’re sure it is the pox? | 你确定是天花吗 |
[21:04] | My mother died from it. | 我母亲因此而死 |
[21:05] | I will remember those markings for the rest of my life. | 我这辈子都忘不掉那是什么样子 |
[21:08] | How did you see them? | 他怎么看到了 |
[21:09] | We were making the bed, | 我们当时在铺床 |
[21:10] | and his shirt f– fell off– came down. | 他的衣服…落下来了 |
[21:13] | Strange. | 奇怪了 |
[21:15] | Chekhov. | 契柯夫 |
[21:17] | Empress. Excuse the blood. | 皇后 别介意这些血 |
[21:19] | My servant has smallpox. He is in the cupboard. | 我的仆人得了天花 他在橱柜里 |
[21:21] | Excellent. Well done. | 很好 好样的 |
[21:23] | We can probably just carry him outside in that, | 我们直接搬那个把他扛出去吧 |
[21:25] | – as it is wood, and it’ll burn quite well. – What? | -正好是木头的 易燃 -什么 |
[21:27] | There is an outbreak downstairs in the servants’ quarters. | 楼下的仆人居所发生了天花爆发 |
[21:30] | We must deal with this. | 我们必须处理一下 |
[21:31] | It is the way they do it. | 他们就这么处理 |
[21:31] | They burn them all. This is why I hid him. | 把他们都烧了 所以我才把他藏起来 |
[21:33] | We are not burning him. | 我们不能烧了他 |
[21:35] | – Thank you. – What about treatments? | -谢谢 -治疗呢 |
[21:37] | Nobility, we try, but servants… | 我们会为贵族试试 但仆人… |
[21:41] | Believe me, I know it is difficult to find good service people, | 相信我 我知道好仆人难找 |
[21:43] | but there will be others. | 但还是能找到的 |
[21:45] | Not everyone dies from the pox. You burn them all? | 又不是所有人都会因天花而死 你却全烧死吗 |
[21:48] | It is standard process. | 这是标准流程 |
[21:49] | No one is burning anyone. Treat him. | 谁都不许烧死谁 治好他 |
[21:54] | Let’s push the cupboard into that room, | 我们把橱柜推进那个房间 |
[21:56] | and shut him in there. | 把他关在里面吧 |
[22:00] | Now, can anything be shot from a gun? | 枪是什么都能发射吗 |
[22:03] | Let us see. | 我们试试看吧 |
[22:05] | And… if it lives, | 如果它活了下来 |
[22:07] | have we invented a new form of travel? | 那我们是发明了新的出行形式吗 |
[22:15] | Huzzah! | 好啊 |
[22:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:20] | I need to speak with you. | 我需要跟你说话 |
[22:22] | There’s an outbreak of smallpox in the servants’ quarters. | 仆人居所发生了天花爆发 |
[22:25] | Don’t fret, dear wife. We will quarantine them, | 别担心 亲爱的妻子 我们会隔离他们 |
[22:27] | and burn them so the disease is destroyed. | 然后烧死他们 以遏制疾病 |
[22:29] | They do not all die. | 他们不会都死 |
[22:31] | They do, usually. It’s a big fire. | 一般是会的 火烧得很大 |
[22:34] | The disease does not kill all, I mean. | 我是指这种病不会让所有人死亡 |
[22:38] | The Empress has a novel idea, sir, | 皇后有个新奇点子 先生 |
[22:40] | that the serfs should be treated as the nobles are. | 让仆人像贵族那样接受治疗 |
[22:44] | And why’d we do that? | 我们为什么要那么做 |
[22:46] | It’s risky enough that we treat nobles. | 治疗贵族就够危险了 |
[22:47] | From what I understand, this thing gets nasty. | 据我所知 这病很可怕 |
[22:49] | It wiped out villages of thousands in Siberia. | 西伯利亚数千村庄因此消亡 |
[22:52] | We must hit it hard when it raises its head. | 我们得在它刚抬头时狠狠打击它 |
[22:55] | We cannot just burn fathers, mothers, and children alive. | 我们不能直接活活烧死父亲 母亲和孩子 |
[23:00] | Yes, we can. They are serfs. | 当然可以 他们是仆人 |
[23:02] | We cannot let an epidemic loose upstairs, | 我们不能允许流行病传到楼上来 |
[23:04] | if that is the Empress’ suggestion. | 如果那是皇后的意思 |
[23:08] | What if we were to set up tents in the grounds, | 如果我们在外面扎帐篷呢 |
[23:10] | far away from here? | 远离这里 |
[23:12] | The disease is known to either kill, or pass in a few days. | 这种疾病要么会要命 要么几日后便会自愈 |
[23:15] | Those who live will swear eternal love and loyalty to us. | 而那些活下来的人 会永远爱我们忠于我们 |
[23:19] | To repeat Tatyana’s excellent point, they are fucking serfs. | 就像塔季扬娜说的 他们不过是仆人 |
[23:22] | That’s a good point, Grigor. | 有道理 格里戈尔 |
[23:24] | It is a savage disease. | 这疾病很凶残 |
[23:25] | Terrifying. | 非常可怕 |
[23:26] | The pox ruined my dear cousin’s face. | 天花让我的好表亲毁容了 |
[23:28] | All right, everyone shut the fuck up a moment. I’m thinking. | 好了 都闭嘴一下 我在想呢 |
[23:32] | Jesus… Uh… | 天啊 |
[23:36] | – No. It’s a no. – What? | -不行 -什么 |
[23:38] | Well, you told me to listen to the people, | 你叫我聆听人民的 |
[23:39] | and they do not like your idea. | 他们不喜欢你的想法 |
[23:41] | If I may, Emperor, I think that’s an excellent decision. | 容我说 沙皇 我觉得这决定很明智 |
[23:44] | If I may, I will put your face | 如果我可以 我会把你的脸 |
[23:45] | on my printing press and flatten it. | 放在印刷机里压平了 |
[23:47] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[23:48] | You can’t just burn people. I beg you. | 你不能烧死人 我求你了 |
[23:52] | There must be a better solution. | 肯定还有更好的办法 |
[23:53] | There is not. Unless you have one. | 没有了 除非你有 |
[23:57] | Which you obviously do not. | 你显然没有 |
[24:00] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:44] | Orlo! | 奥罗 |
[24:54] | I am drunk. | 我喝醉了 |
[24:55] | You don’t drink. | 你不喝酒的 |
[24:56] | Well, things are changing, Empress Catherine. | 情况在变 凯瑟琳皇后 |
[24:59] | Progress is being made. | 进步在发生 |
[25:01] | I did not drink. Now I do. | 我之前不喝酒 现在喝了 |
[25:03] | I did not kill. Now I do. I did not hope… | 我以前不杀人 现在杀了 我以前不抱希望 |
[25:07] | No. That is still the same. | 不 这个没变 |
[25:09] | Orlo, you must help me. | 奥罗 你得帮帮我 |
[25:12] | There is smallpox downstairs. | 楼下爆发了天花 |
[25:14] | The Emperor insists we burn the serfs. | 沙皇坚持我们要烧死仆人 |
[25:16] | We must stop him. | 我们得阻止他 |
[25:18] | He’s said yes to so much so far. | 他已经答应了好多事了 |
[25:22] | I think if I can convince him of an alternative… | 如果我能说服他还有其他办法 |
[25:26] | Variolation. | 天花接种 |
[25:28] | Variol– What? | 什么 |
[25:29] | Variolation. | 天花接种 |
[25:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:35] | It, it is a way of helping your body reject the disease, | 这个办法可以帮助你的身体抵抗这一疾病 |
[25:40] | used in some Asian countries with some success. | 亚洲一些国家采用了这个办法获得了一定成功 |
[25:45] | But not here. | 但这里没有 |
[25:46] | – Why not? – The Church runs medicine. | -为什么 -教会控制医药 |
[25:51] | Approves cures, licenses doctors, everything, | 批准治疗 给医生发执照等等 |
[25:54] | and they do not agree with it. | 他们不赞同这个 |
[25:56] | I mean, it, it is radical, | 这很激进 |
[25:58] | but thousands are dying in the regions, as well. | 但这里有数千人在死亡 |
[26:01] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[26:02] | I would like to, but I’m quite dizzy. | 我也想 但我头好晕 |
[26:06] | My bed spins. | 我的床在转 |
[26:08] | In the morning, help me. | 早上来帮我 |
[26:11] | I am your servant. | 为您效劳 |
[26:15] | I smelled the Empress. | 我闻到皇后了 |
[26:17] | – She was here. – She just left. | -她来过 -她刚走 |
[26:20] | Why does she like you? | 她为什么喜欢你 |
[26:22] | You’re a roach. | 你是个蟑螂 |
[26:23] | We were going to launch a coup against Peter, | 我们本打算发起对彼得的政变 |
[26:25] | and take power for her. | 为她夺权 |
[26:29] | It is funny when you think on it. | 想想看挺滑稽的 |
[26:31] | That sweet girl, the Emperor of Russia. | 那个好姑娘 俄国女皇 |
[26:36] | I know. Stupid idea. Stu… | 是啊 多蠢 |
[26:39] | Thankfully, she came to her senses. | 幸好她恢复了理智 |
[26:56] | Were you staring at me? | 你在盯着我吗 |
[26:59] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[27:00] | You were. Like you wanted me. | 你有 就好像你渴望我 |
[27:03] | – No, no. I was– – I will walk on. | -不 我没… -我要走了 |
[27:06] | And do not even think of following me, | 你别想着跟上我 |
[27:08] | dragging me into a salon, throwing me over a table, | 把我拖进一间客厅 把我丢上一张桌子 |
[27:10] | and fucking the hell out of me. | 狠狠地操翻我 |
[27:17] | Good God, do I have to make it plain? | 老天爷 还要我怎样明示啊 |
[27:24] | Hold that thought. | 先等等 |
[27:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[27:46] | So pretty when you sleep. Always were. | 你睡觉时好帅气 一向是的 |
[27:49] | Jesus. Don’t do that. | 天啊 别这样 |
[27:51] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[27:56] | They were scattered about this morning. | 今早被散布得到处都是 |
[27:58] | Velementov, me, Catherine. | 维勒门托夫 我 凯瑟琳 |
[28:00] | It is just fun. | 就是玩笑 |
[28:01] | Also a pamphlet entitled | 还有一本小册子 名为 |
[28:03] | “Who is Fucking Your Wife” has appeared, | 《谁在干你妻子》也出现了 |
[28:05] | ‘causing much ruction. | 引发了骚动 |
[28:07] | – Funny. – Mm, perhaps. | -有趣 -或许吧 |
[28:09] | Oh, come on, Aunt. You of all people love a bit of fun. | 得了 姨妈 你是最喜欢乐子的 |
[28:11] | A bit of chaos. | 一点混乱 |
[28:12] | At a party, yes. | 在派对上是好 |
[28:14] | As a tone for court, it is worrying. | 但若成为宫廷之谈就令人担心了 |
[28:16] | I’m a new kind of leader. | 我是新式领袖 |
[28:18] | I allow a certain amount of freedom. People enjoy it. | 我允许一定的自由 人们喜欢 |
[28:20] | Have fun. Feel grateful. Feel love. | 享乐 感激 感受爱 |
[28:23] | Feel love? Look. | 感受爱 看 |
[28:31] | Guy getting fucked by a donkey. Brilliant. | 男人被驴子操 太好笑了 |
[28:34] | It’s you. | 那是你 |
[28:37] | But it doesn’t even look like me. | 但都不像我 |
[28:38] | You’re the donkey! | 你是驴 |
[28:40] | Oh, yeah. Funny. | 是哦 好笑 |
[28:43] | It is just fun. | 就是玩笑 |
[28:45] | Disrespect. Disdain for us. It’s not good. | 是对我们的不敬 蔑视 这不好 |
[28:47] | But this way we also see things like this. | 但这样 我们看到这种东西 |
[28:49] | We can judge the level of discontent. | 能判断人们有多不满 |
[28:51] | See if it is just fun plays, or actual danger. | 看到底是玩笑还是真有危险 |
[28:55] | That is not without merit. | 这倒也不假 |
[28:57] | Huzzah. I will not ruin as after all. | 很好 看来我不会毁灭我们了 |
[29:00] | I will remake Russia into my own image. | 我会按自己的样子重塑俄国 |
[29:02] | Stupid– | 蠢… |
[29:06] | When needed, we still show the court who’s in charge. | 如果有需要 我们还是会让宫廷清楚谁才是老大 |
[29:08] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[29:19] | Huzzah. | 很好 |
[29:30] | What is with all the red things you took in there? | 你拿进来的红色东西是什么 |
[29:33] | Some say it helps. I don’t know. | 有些人认为有用 我不确定 |
[29:36] | Not the reassuring type doctor, are you? | 你不怎么会安抚人 是吧 医生 |
[29:38] | – She is clear. – You can tell me, you know. | -她没问题 -你可以告诉我的 |
[29:42] | – You are clear. – Good. | -你没事 -很好 |
[29:44] | I wish to ask you something. It is about variolation. | 我有事问你 是关于天花接种 |
[29:48] | It can teach the body to fight the pox. | 可以让身体去抵抗天花 |
[29:51] | Yes. In theory. | 是的 理论上可以 |
[29:52] | You introduce a little into the blood. | 向血液里接种一点 |
[29:54] | Seeing as it is a small amount, it acclimatizes. | 因为量少 它能产生适应 |
[29:57] | I must warn you, variolation is unstable, | 我得提醒您 天花接种效果不稳定 |
[29:59] | and it will be difficult to convince the people. | 而且将很难说服大家 |
[30:02] | – But it could work. – There has been some success. | -但可能有效 -是有些成功案例 |
[30:04] | Good. You will gather pus from the sick, | 很好 你去病人那里取脓液 |
[30:07] | and we will go to the Patriarch and the Emperor with our idea. | 我们去找大牧首和沙皇说我们的想法 |
[30:10] | Let’s go back. Gathering pus, I will do. | 倒回去点 收集脓液可以 |
[30:12] | Throwing my career away on an idealistic whim, | 但为理想主义的一时兴起毁了我的事业 |
[30:16] | not as thrilled about. | 我不怎么想去 |
[30:18] | You come and find me if your plan works. | 如果你的计划成功再来找我 |
[30:20] | Catherine. Empress. | 凯瑟琳 皇后 |
[30:22] | This, this variolation thing. It’s going to help me? | 这个天花接种 能帮我吗 |
[30:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:27] | Sorry, Vlad. | 抱歉 弗拉德 |
[30:29] | It is for those who have not yet contracted the disease. | 那是针对尚未染病的人的 |
[30:32] | But do not worry. Chekhov sees an improvement in you already. | 但别担心 契柯夫认为你已有改善了 |
[30:36] | Your sores are not as pronounced. | 你的痘斑没那么严重 |
[30:38] | If everyone has variolation, then it cannot spread. | 如果大家都进行天花接种 它就不会扩散 |
[30:41] | It will disappear. | 就会消失 |
[30:43] | My thoughts exactly. | 我就是这么想的 |
[30:46] | You are smart. My favorite thing about you. | 你很聪明 这是我最喜欢你的一点 |
[30:49] | – Besides his looks. – Indeed. | -除了他的帅气 -是啊 |
[30:53] | Can I read one of your books about it? | 我可以看看关于这个的书吗 |
[30:55] | You should rest. | 你还是休息吧 |
[30:56] | It, it’ll help me sleep. | 这能有助我入眠 |
[31:18] | Empress. | 皇后 |
[31:20] | Can a queen not spontaneously | 皇后就不能突然 |
[31:21] | give the head of her church his own sermons, | 给她的教会首领带来他的布道吗 |
[31:24] | printed for eternity by our own press? | 还是用我们自己的印刷机印刷的 |
[31:27] | She can. | 当然可以 |
[31:28] | But I suspect you do not. | 但我猜你另有目的 |
[31:31] | Fine. You’ve caught me. | 好吧 你发现了 |
[31:34] | I was hoping they could act as a symbol of sorts, | 我希望这可以作为象征 |
[31:37] | for how the new and old may work together. | 表明新旧可以合作 |
[31:41] | I’m waiting on the next bit, | 我还在等接下来的话 |
[31:42] | which is clearly the bit where you need something from me. | 那就是你对我有所求 |
[31:45] | So smart. | 真聪明 |
[31:47] | I’ve always admired that in you. | 我一向佩服你这点 |
[31:50] | Still waiting. | 还等着呢 |
[31:53] | – Variolation. – No. | -天花接种 -不行 |
[31:55] | I was skeptical at first, also. | 我起初也感到怀疑 |
[31:57] | But it is quite remarkable. And simpler than you may think. | 但真的很了不起 而且比你想的要简单 |
[32:01] | You may bend the Emperor | 你或许可以让沙皇 |
[32:02] | with your printing press abomination, | 被你的破印刷机折服 |
[32:04] | but medicine? My decision. | 但医药是我的决定 |
[32:07] | Let’s talk some more, | 我们再谈谈吧 |
[32:08] | and lean on the fact you are smart, and will see reason. | 毕竟你是个聪明人 你会讲道理的 |
[32:11] | Have you broached this with the Emperor? | 你跟沙皇提过了吗 |
[32:13] | Not in full. But I shall. | 还没全说呢 但我会说的 |
[32:15] | So will I. Court is a mess. | 那我也会 宫廷一团乱 |
[32:18] | Seems like a fertile time to go back to what worked. | 现在似乎正好回到从前可行的方式 |
[32:21] | Archie. | 主教 |
[32:23] | Move. | 让开 |
[32:25] | Do not go– | 别去… |
[32:28] | Prick. | 混蛋 |
[32:37] | Can a man not eat his fucking breakfast in peace? | 不能让人安安静静地吃早餐吗 |
[32:39] | No. I need to talk to you. | 不行 我有话跟你说 |
[32:41] | The head of your church has just been forced into a footrace | 您的教会领袖刚刚被迫跟您疯狂的妻子 |
[32:44] | with your unhinged wife. | 赛跑 |
[32:46] | Really? Who won? | 是吗 谁赢了 |
[32:48] | You have seen this filth. | 您看到这些玷污了 |
[32:49] | Yeah. Give these fuckers some freedom, | 是啊 给这些混蛋点自由 |
[32:51] | and they repay us with this. | 他们就这么回报我们 |
[32:53] | I mean, it is funny and no real threat, but still. | 虽然是很好笑 也算不上威胁 但还是… |
[32:55] | And mostly it is me fucking | 而且主要都是我在干 |
[32:56] | women who lie on top of beds of starving serfs, | 躺在挨饿仆人的床上的女人 |
[32:58] | which I do not understand the point of, | 我根本不理解是什么意思 |
[33:00] | as I have never done that. | 因为我没那么做过 |
[33:04] | A horse fucking me. | 一匹马干我 |
[33:12] | Why would he… | 他为什么… |
[33:14] | I was going to let it go, | 我本不打算追究 |
[33:15] | but Elizabeth is concerned, and your reaction shows me | 但伊丽莎白很担忧 看你的反应 |
[33:17] | perhaps we should find the fuck drawing them, and have a word. | 或许我们该找到画画的混蛋 跟他好好说说 |
[33:20] | Draw a line across his throat with a knife. | 画道线…在他喉咙上 用刀划 |
[33:23] | I will not have you upset. | 我可不能允许你难过 |
[33:24] | There’s also a heretical pamphlet | 还有一本异端册子 |
[33:26] | extolling the virtues of self-pleasure. | 赞颂手淫的妙处 |
[33:29] | A satanist has printed my sermons | 有个撒旦崇拜者把我的布道 |
[33:32] | replacing the word “God” with the word “Cock.” | 所有的”上帝”替换成”屌”打印了出来 |
[33:35] | And several calling for the Jews to be killed en masse, | 还有些在呼吁屠杀犹太人 |
[33:38] | as Luther called for when the Germans invented the printing press. | 德国人发明印刷机时 路德教人就做过这种呼吁 |
[33:42] | Still others calling for the end of the aristocracy. | 还有人在呼吁结束贵族制度 |
[33:46] | Some woodblocks, some ink… A nightmare is unleashed. | 木版 油墨 却开启了噩梦 |
[33:50] | No. | 不 |
[33:53] | So funny. | 多好笑 |
[33:55] | Brilliant! It’s fine. | 太幽默了 没事的 |
[33:57] | It’s not fine. | 这才不是没事 |
[33:58] | Fuck! | 我去 |
[33:59] | Everyone is annoying with thoughts and opinions today. | 今天所有人的想法 看法都好烦人 |
[34:03] | My point exactly. Once only one opinion mattered: yours. | 就是啊 曾经只有一人的看法重要 您的 |
[34:06] | Only one law: yours. | 只有一个法律 您的 |
[34:08] | You have allowed two viruses: | 而您放任了两个毒瘤 |
[34:10] | freedom, the debauchery of ideas and of image, | 自由 思想和图画的堕落 |
[34:13] | and chaos at court. | 造成了宫廷混乱 |
[34:14] | Feature this filth before you. | 您眼前的玷污就是主要表现 |
[34:16] | Are you actually still fucking talking? | 你还在说话吗 |
[34:18] | I’m exercising my freedoms. Huzzah. | 我在行使自由权利 好啊 |
[34:22] | The smallpox. We must discuss it. | 天花 我们得谈谈 |
[34:25] | I’m eating raspberries, so must we? | 我在吃树莓呢 非要谈吗 |
[34:28] | Variolation. We should consider it with open minds. | 天花接种 我们该开放心态考虑它 |
[34:31] | We will not consider it at all. | 我们绝不能考虑它 |
[34:33] | We treat the court, | 我们给宫廷进行治疗 |
[34:34] | and then we do not have to burn all the serfs. | 这样就不必烧死所有仆人了 |
[34:37] | If we can save our people, | 如果我们能救自己人 |
[34:39] | our court from death, why would we not? | 让宫廷避免死亡阴影笼罩 为何不呢 |
[34:42] | It’s a good point. | 有道理 |
[34:43] | Because we are God’s creatures to kill as He wishes. | 因为我们是上帝的子民 生死由他决定 |
[34:47] | Uh, what is it? This… vario thing? | 这玩意是干什么来着 |
[34:49] | You take a small amount of pus from a victim, | 从病患那里取一小点脓液 |
[34:52] | and infect yourself. | 注射到自己身体里 |
[34:54] | Your body learns the disease, | 你的身体会熟悉这疾病 |
[34:56] | and resists it when exposed later. | 之后再次接触到时 就能抵抗它 |
[34:58] | You give yourself smallpox. | 你要给自己接种天花吗 |
[35:00] | That seems mad. | 那是疯了吧 |
[35:01] | Well said, Emperor. | 说得好 沙皇 |
[35:02] | And our research abroad shows that it often kills, | 海外研究也表明 它经常能致死 |
[35:04] | and is known to cause outbreaks. | 有时还导致爆发 |
[35:06] | It is not perfect, but– | 是不完美 但 |
[35:08] | How will the Emperor convince his people to swallow smallpox? | 沙皇要怎样说服人民接受天花 |
[35:12] | And when they die, or outbreaks break out, what then? | 如果他们死了 或发生爆发 那怎么办 |
[35:15] | We must lead them. That is how. | 我们起到带头作用 就这么办 |
[35:17] | I had a vision of you. To bring you here. | 我看到了关于你的幻象 把你找来 |
[35:21] | And I’ve often pondered why. | 我经常思考是为什么 |
[35:24] | But today, I see clearly. | 但我今天看懂了 |
[35:26] | It was to bring forth a war. | 是为了引发战争 |
[35:29] | A sweet-smelling, beautiful woman | 一个美丽芳香的女人 |
[35:32] | that hid a devil that meant to destroy us, | 却藏匿魔心 意在毁灭我们 |
[35:35] | so that we would heed God’s call to rise up, | 这样我们才会听从上帝的召唤而起 |
[35:39] | and cleanse Russia. | 肃清俄国 |
[35:41] | That’s just fucking mad. | 这就是疯话 |
[35:43] | All I am talking of is science. | 我只是在说科学 |
[35:46] | Infecting us with smallpox is not science. | 给我们感染天花才不是科学 |
[35:48] | Throwing a dog off a roof is science. | 把狗丢下屋顶是科学 |
[35:50] | But she’s not the devil, Archie. | 但她也不是魔鬼 主教 |
[35:51] | You both need to calm the fuck down. | 你们都冷静点吧 |
[35:53] | Know this. | 要知道 |
[35:55] | The Church will not support an Emperor who turns his back on God. | 教会绝不会支持背弃上帝的沙皇 |
[35:59] | For he is lost, and Russia with him. | 如果他迷失 俄国便也无望 |
[36:04] | You’re threatening me. | 你在威胁我 |
[36:06] | Facts are not threats. | 事实不是威胁 |
[36:08] | They’re just facts. | 只是事实 |
[36:18] | Do not listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[36:20] | – You must do this– – Just leave me be a minute. | -你必须这么做 -让我清静会儿 |
[36:22] | – I– – What did I say? Get out! | -我… -我说什么了 出去 |
[36:39] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[36:41] | I shall join. | 我也来 |
[36:42] | No, I am… | 不 我… |
[36:45] | I need the room. | 我需要点空间 |
[36:47] | I’ve been riding. | 我骑马来着 |
[36:48] | Pulled a muscle. | 拉伤了肌肉 |
[36:55] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[36:58] | Our status at court slips. | 我们在宫廷的地位在下滑 |
[37:00] | He and I are closer than ever. | 他和我前所未有地亲近 |
[37:02] | We’re fine. | 我们没事 |
[37:06] | If you never fucked him again, how would you be? | 如果你再不干他了 你会怎么样 |
[37:08] | Do not speak like this. | 别这么说话 |
[37:10] | What, you mean say things out loud? | 怎么 大声说出来吗 |
[37:12] | I have lost him. | 我失去他了 |
[37:13] | He has not touched me in weeks. Do you not see that? | 他已经几周没碰我了 你还不懂吗 |
[37:18] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[37:20] | You mean, we won. | 是我们赢了 |
[37:22] | Yes. I meant we. | 是的 我们 |
[37:27] | The Emperor requests your presence. | 沙皇请你们去 |
[37:42] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[37:43] | Since I last saw you? | 自我们上次见面后吗 |
[37:46] | Learned that the Emperor made you come with his tongue. | 听说沙皇用舌头让你高潮了 |
[37:48] | Got angry, got jealous, got drunk. | 生气 嫉妒 喝醉了 |
[37:50] | Made art, distributed it across the palace, | 做了画 还散布在了宫廷里 |
[37:52] | wandered out here, passed out asleep, woke up to you, | 走到了这里 昏睡了过去 醒来看到你 |
[37:54] | and now feel slightly regretful | 现在有些后悔 |
[37:55] | and slightly fucking pleased with myself. | 也有些得意 |
[37:56] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[37:58] | I’m trying to do something big. You know that. | 我在努力做大事 你知道的 |
[38:01] | And your cartoons don’t help. | 你的画对我没帮助 |
[38:06] | Did you come? | 你高潮了吗 |
[38:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:11] | ‘Cause if you had not, | 因为如果你没有 |
[38:12] | my response would be out of all proportion. | 那我的反应就太过分了 |
[38:13] | But now you did, I feel okay. | 但既然你高潮了 我不觉得愧疚了 |
[38:15] | And if Marial sucked your cock, would you lay limp? | 如果玛丽埃尔给你吹箫 你会硬不起来吗 |
[38:18] | I suppose I would not. | 应该不会 |
[38:20] | And do I have a choice to be in his bed? | 难道我还能选择不跟他上床吗 |
[38:22] | You do not. This is our life. | 你不能 这是我们的生活 |
[38:24] | You have grown close to him, then. | 你跟他亲近起来了 |
[38:25] | It perhaps got to me. | 或许这让我不爽 |
[38:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:28] | You fucking… fucking idiot! | 你个白痴 |
[38:31] | Nice of you to say. The first bit. Less so, the second. | 谢谢你这么说 前半句 后半句不太好 |
[38:34] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[38:39] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[38:51] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[38:53] | Know that I miss you. | 你要知道 |
[39:00] | The greater good. | 为大局着想 |
[39:02] | I know. I’ll remember. | 我知道 我会记得的 |
[39:06] | You drew me fucking a horse. | 你画我干马 |
[39:08] | It seemed a bit rough at the time. I just sort of… | 当时我好受伤 我就… |
[39:11] | drank through the thought process of it. Sorry. | 醉醺醺地那么做了 抱歉 |
[39:14] | No one will remember. | 不会有人记得的 |
[39:16] | All I wish is to hold Russia in one hand, | 我只希望一手牵着俄国 |
[39:19] | and you in the other. | 一手牵着你 |
[39:21] | You have me. | 你拥有我 |
[39:23] | I fear Russia is slipping. | 我担心俄国在脱离掌控 |
[39:34] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[39:38] | My sores are flat, because I have flatpox. | 我的痘疤是平的 因为我得的是平天花 |
[39:42] | – The book says it is a fatal type. – I… | -书上说那是致命的 -我 |
[39:48] | It’s the one my mother had. | 我母亲得的就是那种 |
[39:52] | It’s just a book. It doesn’t know you. You’re tough. | 那只是本书 它不了解你 你很坚强 |
[39:56] | I will go. | 我走了 |
[39:58] | It is safest for you. | 那对你更安全 |
[39:59] | – Vlad, I– – Careful. Don’t. | -弗拉德 -别 小心 |
[40:06] | Thank you for kissing me. | 谢谢你吻我 |
[40:12] | It turns out timely. | 看来那很及时 |
[40:33] | What are you… | 你怎么… |
[40:36] | What has happened? | 发生什么了 |
[40:45] | Dearest friends. | 亲爱的朋友们 |
[40:47] | – Are you all right? – Come in. | -你没事吧 -请进 |
[40:49] | Everyone wants a fucking piece of me today. | 今天所有人都来找我事 |
[40:50] | I just need you guys, who don’t want anything from me. | 我只想见你们 你们对我无所求 |
[40:52] | We are at your service. | 我们为您效劳 |
[40:53] | Advice, companionship, as I have always been. | 建议 陪伴 我始终如此 |
[40:56] | – And I. – Since we were children. | -我也是 -自小时起就是了 |
[40:58] | A bond that cannot be broken. | 这是不可打破的羁绊 |
[41:01] | Drink. | 喝酒 |
[41:02] | George, lay on me. | 乔治 躺在我身上 |
[41:11] | I have not whiffed your scent in weeks. | 我好几周没闻你的味儿了 |
[41:13] | I’m hard as a rock instantly. | 我立刻就硬如石头了 |
[41:16] | What is your trouble? | 你有什么烦恼 |
[41:18] | I give people art, science, freedoms at court. | 我在宫廷里给了人们艺术 科学和自由 |
[41:21] | Everyone was happy. | 大家都开开心心的 |
[41:22] | Now these fucking cartoons and smallpox have appeared, | 可现在出现了漫画和天花 |
[41:25] | which Archie says is God’s sign of doom. | 主教说那是上帝降下的毁灭启示 |
[41:27] | And Catherine wants me to allow variolation. | 凯瑟琳还要我允许天花接种 |
[41:30] | – What is that? – It’s sort of like you drink a bit of vodka, | -那是什么 -就像是喝一点点伏特加 |
[41:32] | get a hangover, but do not drink a bottle and die. | 导致宿醉 但不至于喝一整瓶死掉 |
[41:35] | May I speak freely? | 我可以说话吗 |
[41:36] | If you shift your ass up and down my hard cock, you may. | 如果你把屁股插在我硬起来的屌上就可以 |
[41:40] | I think it sounds ridiculous. | 我觉得这好荒唐 |
[41:42] | So did I, when she told me. | 她说时我也觉得荒唐 |
[41:43] | Give yourself smallpox to avoid smallpox. | 为了避免得天花给自己接种天花 |
[41:47] | But she is smart. | 但她很聪明 |
[41:48] | Not smarter than you. | 不如你聪明 |
[41:50] | And an outsider. | 是个外人 |
[41:51] | Of course, but medicine evolves. | 是 但医疗会进步 |
[41:53] | And the Church would rather we died in a holy fashion than live, | 教会则更希望我们圣洁地死去 而不是活下去 |
[41:56] | and honestly that’s a bit fucked up. | 老实说 这有点过分 |
[41:57] | So you will line up to have smallpox puss under your tongue? | 你愿意排队接受服下天花吗 |
[42:00] | Huzzah. Good point, George. | 好啊 说得对 乔治 |
[42:01] | Who the fuck is going to do it, anyway? | 谁会去做呢 |
[42:04] | I called for it. See what the people think. | 我叫他们搬来的 看看人们都想些什么 |
[42:15] | “We should ride horses in the long hallway.” | 我们应该在长走廊里骑马 |
[42:17] | Brilliant. | 聪明 |
[42:18] | No. What is it? | 不 那是什么 |
[42:20] | Oh, it’s… nothing. | 没什么 |
[42:22] | Read it. | 读出来 |
[42:24] | “Kill yourself.” | 自杀吧 |
[42:27] | “Kill yourself.” | 自杀吧 |
[42:28] | “Stop the war.” | 停止战争 |
[42:29] | “Burn the serfs.” “Burn the serfs.” | 烧死仆人 烧死仆人 |
[42:31] | “Burn the serfs.” “Kill yourself.” | 烧死仆人 自杀吧 |
[42:33] | Me fucking a donkey. A donkey fucking me. Jesus Christ! | 我干驴 驴干我 天啊 |
[42:36] | Fucking pricks. Ungrateful fucks. | 混蛋 不知感恩的混蛋 |
[42:39] | I just keep thinking, we were all so happy | 我一直在想 我们本来很开心 |
[42:44] | before all this change that Catherine brought. | 直到凯瑟琳带来了这些改变 |
[42:49] | Just musing. | 我就是想想 |
[42:51] | – I wanted to change. – And you have. | -我想做改变的 -你改变过了 |
[42:53] | You are a ruler who tries things for the good of his people. | 你是个为了造福人民而尝试新东西的统治者 |
[42:57] | Who has the courage to experiment. | 你有勇气去实验 |
[43:00] | And if they do not work, | 如果实验不成功 |
[43:01] | you have the courage to admit you were wrong. | 你也有勇气承认错误 |
[43:04] | And go back to what did. | 恢复以前成功的方式 |
[43:20] | You should not be there. | 您不该来 |
[43:22] | – And without a beak. – My friend’s here. | -还没戴面具 -我朋友在这里 |
[43:27] | The dead ones are on the right. | 死的在右边 |
[43:29] | If he’s still alive, he may be sitting over there. | 如果他还活着 他可能坐在那里 |
[43:34] | – I’m collecting this pus for you, for the variolation. – Yes. | -我在为你收集脓液做天花接种 -好 |
[43:43] | Vlad! | 弗拉德 |
[43:49] | Vlad! | 弗拉德 |
[43:52] | Vlad. | 弗拉德 |
[43:56] | Vlad? | 弗拉德 |
[44:02] | He just left hours ago. | 他几小时前才刚走 |
[44:06] | You must get away from him, Empress. | 您得远离他 皇后 |
[44:20] | You are right. I am being foolish. Churlish. | 你是对的 是我太傻了 太无礼了 |
[44:23] | I’ve written a variolation pamphlet. | 我写了个关于天花接种的小册子 |
[44:25] | We print it and distribute it at court with its merits. | 我们把它的好处打印了出来 在宫廷里传开 |
[44:29] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[44:30] | Not really. | 有事 |
[44:31] | He’s gathering everyone. Why do you have a knife? | 他在召集大家 你为何要拿刀 |
[44:34] | I’m going to cut something. | 我要切开东西 |
[44:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[44:39] | Ah, I was looking for you. | 我正找你呢 |
[44:40] | We need a chat before I address the court on new things. | 我就一些新问题对宫廷讲话前我们得聊聊 |
[44:43] | – What? – Fuck off, Orlo. | -什么 -滚 奥罗 |
[44:46] | Now, I am sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:47] | Look, we’ve had fun experimenting | 在宫廷进行统治的实验 |
[44:49] | with court and ways of ruling. | 的确非常开心 |
[44:50] | A couple of things, though. The press is out of hand, | 但有几个问题 印刷机的事失控了 |
[44:52] | so everything must now be officially approved by a committee… | 所以现在一切都要经过一个委员会的批准 |
[44:55] | Archie, Orlo, Arkady. | 主教 奥罗和阿卡迪 |
[44:57] | And unfortunately, variolation seems ridiculous, | 而且很不幸 天花接种太荒唐了 |
[45:00] | and no one will do it, anyway. | 反正也不会有人做的 |
[45:02] | – Why do you have a knife? – You cannot give in. | -你为什么拿着把刀 -你不能屈服 |
[45:06] | You can fight them. | 你可以抵抗他们 |
[45:07] | I know part of you wants to. | 我知道你也想的 |
[45:09] | I know it is disappointing, but my wife or God is the choice. | 我知道这让你失望 但我得在妻子和上帝间选择 |
[45:15] | I choose God. | 我选上帝 |
[45:16] | Look, this is Russia, not France or Germany. | 这是俄国 不是法国或德国 |
[45:18] | Look, there is a way that Russia works, that is– | 俄国有俄国的国情 |
[45:27] | – I know there is fear of the pox. – What are you doing? | -我知道大家害怕天花 -你干什么呢 |
[45:30] | I have just collected the pus from Chekhov. | 我刚从契柯夫那里收集了脓液 |
[45:32] | – What? – But we can stop it. | -什么 -但我们可以阻止它 |
[45:35] | If we place it in the bloodstream, a tiny amount, | 只要在血液里注入很少的一点 |
[45:39] | our body learns to accommodate it. | 我们的身体就能学会适应它 |
[45:41] | – No, that’s not– – So it will not kill us. | -不 -那样我们就不会死 |
[45:44] | It is not unlike freedom. | 这就像自由 |
[45:47] | We absorb a small amount, | 我们吸收一点下去 |
[45:49] | knowing it is not dangerous. | 它并不危险 |
[45:52] | We are wise people. | 我们是聪明的人 |
[45:55] | We are exciting people. | 我们是热血的人 |
[45:58] | – We are interested people. – Get the fuck down, | -我们是有兴趣的人 -快下来 |
[46:00] | – and stop speaking. – The press freed us. Did it not? | -别说话了 -印刷机不是给了我们自由吗 |
[46:04] | And though it was hard to | 虽然自由言论 |
[46:05] | take the sharp edges of free talk and thought, | 和自由思想的利刃有些难忍 |
[46:09] | it was exhilarating. | 它仍然令人兴奋 |
[46:12] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[46:14] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[46:16] | Stop! What is she doing? | 停下 她干什么呢 |
[46:20] | Who will join me in moving our country forward? | 谁愿跟我一起推动国家进步 |
[46:23] | Did you just put pox on you? | 你是给自己接种了天花吗 |
[46:25] | – You fucking idiot! – We cannot be scared. | -你个白痴 -我们不能害怕 |
[46:26] | – Why would you do that? – Or we cannot progress. | -你为什么要那么做 -否则就没有进步 |
[46:28] | Guards, help her. | 卫兵 帮帮她 |
[46:29] | Help her. Take her to her apartments. Confine her. | 帮帮她 带她回房间 把她关起来 |
[46:32] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[46:36] | I feel fine. You can go. | 我感觉很好 你去吧 |
[46:38] | Just tell me any change. | 如果有变化告诉我 |
[46:41] | My heart is broken. | 我心碎了 |
[46:42] | – I meant fever, or rash. – I’m fine. | -我是指发烧或红疹 -我没事 |
[46:48] | Are you just going to stand there? | 你要一直站在那里吗 |
[46:50] | I think that’s best. | 我觉得那样最好 |
[47:00] | – Fuck me! Fuck me! Aah! – Oh, God, I’ve missed… | -干我 -天啊 我好想… |
[47:03] | – …this! – Harder! Aah! | -这个 -用力 |
[47:39] | Marial. | 玛丽埃尔 |
[47:41] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[47:43] | I feel fine. | 我很好 |
[47:45] | And I’ll do you next. | 我下个就给你做 |
[47:47] | It is outlawed. | 这是违法的 |
[47:51] | The last printed edict. | 这是最后印刷的法令 |
[48:00] | I found Vlad. | 我找到弗拉德了 |
[48:03] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧 |