时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I had all these plans about becoming a lawyer… | 我想当律师 为此列了许多计划 |
[00:04] | and I was doing so good… | 我做得很好 |
[00:07] | then last night I went online | 昨晚我上网 |
[00:09] | and… and… | 结果 结果 |
[00:12] | and… | 结果 |
[00:13] | Oh, for God’s sake, you’re like a cat | 看在老天的分上 你就像是 |
[00:14] | trying to cough up a hairball! | 一只想咳出毛团的猫 |
[00:15] | And what?! | 结果怎么了 |
[00:18] | Then I found out how much it’s gonna cost! | 结果我查到了那需要多少钱 |
[00:21] | For two more years of college | 再上两年大学 |
[00:23] | and three years of law school, I need two… h… | 三年法学院 我需要二 |
[00:27] | two… two… | 二 二 |
[00:30] | Two what?! | 二什么啊 |
[00:32] | $200,000! | 二十万 |
[00:36] | Poor thing. No wonder she’s crying. | 小可怜 难怪她在哭 |
[00:38] | All night. I had to make her sleep downstairs. | 哭了一晚上 我得让她去楼下睡 |
[00:42] | Where am I gonna get that kind of money? | 我上哪儿去弄这笔钱啊 |
[00:45] | I’m a waitress. | 我是服务员 |
[00:47] | People are gonna have to leave me thousand-dollar tips. | 人们得给我几百块的小费 |
[00:50] | And I’m not that good a waitress! | 我不是那么好的服务员 |
[00:53] | She’s really not. | 她真的不是 |
[00:56] | Anyway, I know I’m supposed to end… | 总之 我知道我需要 |
[00:59] | on an up note, so, um… | 积极地结束 所以 |
[01:02] | I’m grateful to be sober… | 我很感激我戒瘾了 |
[01:05] | and… | 还有 |
[01:07] | and… | 还有 |
[01:10] | …and… | 还有 |
[01:12] | Clap. Put her out of her misery. | 鼓掌 让她解脱 |
[01:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:42] | How’s the peach pie? Is it worth it? | 桃子派怎么样 值吗 |
[01:43] | I think so. You want some? | 我觉得值 你要吃吗 |
[01:45] | Just a nibble. | 一点就行 |
[01:49] | Oh! So worth it. | 太值了 |
[01:53] | Christy. | 克丽丝蒂 |
[01:55] | Would you pass me the sweetener? | 把甜味剂递给我好吗 |
[01:59] | Ladies, can we please show a little compassion for our friend? | 女士们 能对我们的朋友表示一下同情吗 |
[02:03] | Hey, I showed compassion for 22 hours. | 我表示了22小时的同情 |
[02:05] | Right now this is just white noise. | 现在这就是白噪声 |
[02:08] | Sweetie, how much is it gonna cost | 亲爱的 大学的一个学期 |
[02:11] | for just one semester of college? | 要多少钱 |
[02:13] | $8,423… | 8423块 |
[02:17] | plus books. | 还有书本费 |
[02:19] | Okay, then you don’t need $200,000, | 那你就不需要二十万 |
[02:21] | you just need that. | 你只需要那笔钱 |
[02:23] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[02:26] | You have to start looking for scholarships, student loans, | 你得开始找奖学金 学生贷款 |
[02:29] | anything you can get your hands on | 你能搞到的任何东西 |
[02:31] | to help you pay for the first semester. | 来帮你付第一个学期的学费 |
[02:35] | Okay. I could do that. | 好吧 我可以做到 |
[02:38] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[02:39] | One step at a time. | 一步一步来 |
[02:42] | Thanks, Marjorie. | 谢谢 玛乔丽 |
[02:44] | You always know how to calm me down. | 你总是知道如何让我冷静 |
[02:47] | And didn’t you tell me you had some money set aside? | 你不是跟我说过你存了一些钱吗 |
[02:52] | $4,000. But I spent it on my daughter’s wedding dress, | 四千块 但我花在我女儿的婚纱上了 |
[02:55] | and now she’s not getting married! | 现在她不结婚了 |
[02:59] | Nice. She’s sleeping at your house tonight. | 真棒 她今晚睡你家 |
[03:06] | – Feeling better? – Yeah. | -感觉好些了吗 -是啊 |
[03:08] | Marjorie’s right. | 玛乔丽说得对 |
[03:09] | I just got to take this one step at a time, | 我得一步一步来 |
[03:12] | roll with the punches. | 大事化小 |
[03:18] | Oh, hey, you’re home early. | 你们提前回来了啊 |
[03:21] | Are you kidding me?! | 你在逗我吗 |
[03:27] | What’s her problem? | 她怎么了 |
[03:28] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[03:30] | Think about it. | 仔细想想 |
[03:33] | For how long? | 多久了 |
[03:39] | You did this to me. | 是你害的我 |
[03:41] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[03:42] | I’m talking to the dress. | 我在跟婚纱说话 |
[03:45] | Ah. It’s not talking back, is it? | 它没有顶嘴吧 |
[03:49] | How can she afford pot? | 她怎么买得起大麻 |
[03:50] | How can she afford anything? | 她怎么买得起任何东西 |
[03:51] | I just told her, | 我刚跟她说了 |
[03:52] | if she’s gonna live here, she has to get a job. | 如果她要住在这里 就得找份工作 |
[03:54] | Great. She can be the budtender at the pot store. | 很好 她可以做大麻商店的服务员 |
[03:57] | Actually, uh, that’s not an entry level job. | 实际上 那可不是入门级的工作 |
[04:00] | You know I’m gonna have to pay for her school, too. | 你知道我也得付她的学费 |
[04:02] | – Says who? – Says me. What kind of mother | -谁说的 -我说的 如果我不帮我女儿 |
[04:04] | would I be if I didn’t help my daughter get an education? | 接受教育 那我算什么妈妈啊 |
[04:06] | I didn’t help you– does that make me a bad mother? | 我没帮你 那我是糟糕的妈妈吗 |
[04:08] | It’s one of the things, yeah. | 这是其中一个原因 |
[04:11] | Okay, let’s try this another way. | 好吧 换个方式说 |
[04:12] | How much more money are we talking about | 要帮她付学费的话 |
[04:14] | for her to go to school? | 还要出多少钱 |
[04:15] | Same as me, I guess. | 我想跟我的学费一样吧 |
[04:17] | Eight, nine grand a semester. | 一个学期八九千 |
[04:19] | All right, so what’s the first thing you need to do? | 好吧 那你需要做的第一件事是什么 |
[04:23] | There’s only one thing I can do. | 我只能做一件事 |
[04:42] | Hey. Size two, gettin’ married? | 二码 要结婚吗 |
[04:45] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[04:45] | Let me show you something. | 我给你看点东西 |
[04:48] | Never been worn. | 从来没穿过 |
[04:51] | Pay cash, and I’ll throw in the shoes. | 付现金的话我就送一双鞋 |
[04:56] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:57] | In here. | 这里 |
[05:00] | What’s up? | 干啥呢 |
[05:01] | Just doing as I was told, trying to find scholarship money anywhere I can. | 在做玛乔丽说的 到处找奖学金 |
[05:05] | Question: do we have any Native American blood in our family? | 问题 我们家族有印第安人血统吗 |
[05:08] | Ah. I did have a Paiute boyfriend | 你出生那会儿 我的确 |
[05:10] | right around the time you were born. | 有个派尤特人男友 |
[05:12] | Close enough. | 差不多了 |
[05:13] | One-eighteenth Paiute. | 十八分之一派尤特人血统 |
[05:16] | The Beer Distributors of America give out a scholarship? | 美国啤酒分销商有奖学金吗 |
[05:19] | Yes. And if anybody deserves it, I do. | 是的 如果有谁该获得 那就是我 |
[05:22] | “Napa Valley Trial Lawyers Association.” | 纳帕谷出庭律师协会 |
[05:25] | Yeah, that’s a good one. | 这个不错 |
[05:26] | But I got to go to a banquet and give a speech | 但我得去参加宴会 发表演讲 |
[05:28] | on why I want to practice law. | 我为何想当律师 |
[05:30] | Really? Let’s hear what you wrote. | 真的吗 来听听你写了什么 |
[05:32] | – Yeah? – Sure. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[05:34] | Great. | 好吧 |
[05:36] | “Good evening and thank you. | 晚上好 谢谢 |
[05:38] | “Ever since I was a little girl, | 从我小时候开始 |
[05:40] | I’ve wanted to help people in trouble.” | 我就想帮助身处困境的人们 |
[05:44] | Oh, screw you! | 去你的 |
[05:46] | Oh. Almost forgot. | 差点忘了 |
[05:47] | The Bonnie Plunkett Scholarship– | 邦妮·普兰科特奖学金 |
[05:49] | no boring speech necessary. | 不需要无聊的演讲 |
[05:51] | Oh, my God. Where’d this come from? | 天啊 这是从哪里来的 |
[05:54] | You’re not selling fake ecstasy again, are you? | 你不会又在卖假的摇头丸吧 |
[05:57] | No. But for the record, I never called it ecstasy, | 没有 但我得说句 我从来没说那是摇头丸 |
[06:01] | I just walked around Coachella | 我就走在科切拉的街道上 |
[06:02] | and offered people $20 gummy bears. | 提供给人们20块的小熊软糖 |
[06:06] | That money’s from Violet’s wedding dress. | 这笔钱来自维奥莉特的婚纱 |
[06:08] | You sold the gown of shame? | 你卖掉了羞耻的婚纱吗 |
[06:10] | Not only did I sell it, I got invited to the wedding. | 我不仅卖了 还受邀参加婚礼了 |
[06:12] | You could be my plus-one. | 你可以做我的女伴 |
[06:15] | – How much is here? – $500. | -这里有多少钱 -五百块 |
[06:17] | That dress cost me four grand. | 婚纱花了我四千 |
[06:20] | Yeah, and I sold it for a thousand dollars. | 我卖了一千块 |
[06:22] | So wait, you’re keeping half? | 等等 你要自己留一半吗 |
[06:24] | You got a problem with that? | 你有意见吗 |
[06:25] | Yeah! I’m trying to go to college! | 是啊 我想上大学呢 |
[06:27] | Well, you should take a business class | 你该上一堂商业课 |
[06:28] | and learn how the world works. | 了解人情世故 |
[06:30] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[06:31] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 看在老天的分上 |
[06:33] | – Thank you. – Not so fast. Tell me you love me. | -谢谢 -先别急 告诉我你爱我 |
[06:36] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[06:39] | Like you mean it. | 真心实意一点 |
[06:42] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[06:43] | Now, was that so hard? | 那很难吗 |
[06:46] | I’m such a whore. | 我真是个妓女 |
[06:52] | All right, folks, | 好了 各位 |
[06:53] | this is the part of the evening that always tugs | 今夜的这个环节 |
[06:55] | at my recently scraped-out heartstrings… | 总是触动我被掏空的心弦 |
[06:58] | where we offer a helping hand to one deserving student | 我们向一位希望成为律师的 |
[07:01] | who’s seeking a career in the law. | 应得的学生伸出援手 |
[07:03] | Now, this year we have three outstanding young candidates | 今年我们有三位杰出的年轻候选人 |
[07:06] | who will say a few words about why they want to be an attorney. | 他们将简单介绍一下他们为何想当律师 |
[07:09] | And we’ll begin with Christy Plunkay. | 先从克丽丝蒂·普兰凯开始 |
[07:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:19] | It’s actually Plunkett. | 其实是普兰科特 |
[07:21] | But I kind of like the sound of Plunkay. | 但我喜欢普兰凯这发音 |
[07:24] | It’s more… funkay. | 听起来更潮 |
[07:28] | All right, then, not fun-nay. | 好吧 不搞笑 |
[07:32] | Ever since I was a little girl, | 从我小时候开始 |
[07:34] | I dreamed of being a lawyer | 我梦想着成为律师 |
[07:36] | because I wanted to make a difference. | 因为我想创造不同 |
[07:40] | I wanted to help people | 我想帮助人们 |
[07:41] | like Atticus Finch did in the inpsiring novel, | 就像是鼓舞人心的小说《杀死一只知更鸟》中 |
[07:44] | To Kill a Mockingbird. | 阿提克斯·芬奇做的事 |
[07:47] | I believe that the real superheroes in our society are lawyers. | 我相信我们社会中真正的超级英雄是律师 |
[07:54] | Especially trial lawyers. | 特别是出庭律师 |
[08:08] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[08:09] | This is all crap. | 这都是胡扯 |
[08:14] | Let me tell you why I’m really here. | 让我告诉你们我到底是为什么来这里 |
[08:19] | I wasted a lot of my life using drugs and alcohol. | 我浪费了很多生命吸毒酗酒 |
[08:23] | I was a complete and total mess. | 我之前简直一团糟 |
[08:26] | But three years ago, I got sober, | 但是三年前 我戒瘾了 |
[08:29] | got my GED, finished two years of community college | 拿到了高中同等文凭 上完了两年社区大学 |
[08:33] | with a 3.8 grade average… | 绩点为3.8 |
[08:36] | …all while I was working as a waitress and legal secretary. | 同时我还在当服务员和法律助理 |
[08:40] | At the same time, I was raising my son and daughter, | 同时我还在抚养儿子和女儿 |
[08:43] | and caring for my mentally-challenged mother. | 照顾我智障的老妈 |
[08:48] | So, the answer to why I want to be a lawyer is simple: | 我想成为律师的原因很简单 |
[08:53] | I know first-hand what it’s like to fall through the cracks. | 我亲身经历过 知道陷入困境是什么样子 |
[08:57] | And I also know | 我也知道 |
[08:59] | what it’s like to be given a second chance. | 获得第二次机会是什么样子 |
[09:01] | If you decide to help me out, | 如果你们决定帮助我 |
[09:03] | your money won’t be wasted, | 你们的钱不会浪费 |
[09:05] | ’cause I have lived enough to appreciate | 因为我活得够久 懂得感激 |
[09:08] | how precious an opportunity like this is. | 这种机会有多么宝贵 |
[09:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:18] | Also, I never read To Kill a Mockingbird, | 我也没读过《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[09:20] | I just saw the movie. | 只看过电影 |
[09:33] | – Where’s Christy? – Who knows. | -克丽丝蒂在哪里 -谁知道 |
[09:35] | Elks Club, | 慈善互助会[麋鹿]俱乐部 |
[09:36] | Lions Club, Moose Lodge. | 莱昂斯[狮子]俱乐部 麋鹿忠诚共济会 |
[09:37] | Every night she’s out begging a different animal | 每晚她都去求不同的动物 |
[09:39] | for scholarship money. | 给她奖学金 |
[09:41] | Good for her. | 真不错 |
[09:42] | She’s in the solution, not the problem. | 她在寻求解决方案 而不是身陷问题之中 |
[09:45] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[09:46] | whenever you burp up one of those clichés, | 每次你说出这种陈词滥调 |
[09:50] | I get a pain right behind my eye. | 我眼睛后面就会疼 |
[09:53] | I know. | 我知道啊 |
[09:58] | I got this. | 我来付 |
[09:59] | I’m sorry, what’s happening? | 抱歉 出什么事了 |
[10:01] | It’s my treat. | 我请客 |
[10:03] | Yeah, I just don’t understand. | 嗯 但我不明白 |
[10:05] | I came into a little extra money selling Violet’s wedding dress, | 我卖了维奥莉特的婚纱 得到了一些补贴 |
[10:08] | and I want to buy my friends, and Marjorie, | 我想请我的朋友和玛乔丽 |
[10:09] | coffee and dessert. | 喝咖啡吃甜品 |
[10:12] | She loves you, she just doesn’t know how to express it. | 她爱你 只是不知道如何表达 |
[10:15] | Didn’t Christy buy that dress? | 不是克丽丝蒂买的那条婚纱吗 |
[10:17] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:18] | Then shouldn’t she get all the money? | 那她不该拿到所有钱吗 |
[10:19] | She thinks she did, that’s close enough. | 她觉得她拿到了 这就行了 |
[10:21] | Anyway, I’m looking for other stuff to sell, | 总之 我还想卖别的东西 |
[10:23] | you guys got anything you want to get rid of? | 你们有什么想扔掉的东西吗 |
[10:25] | I have a Bowflex, a Thighmaster, and an Ab Rocker. | 我有个博飞哑铃 腿媚施和健腹器 |
[10:27] | Still in their boxes, I’m guessing. | 我猜还没拆包装吧 |
[10:31] | That is so mean. | 太刻薄了 |
[10:33] | And yes. | 没错 |
[10:36] | I’ll take it all. Anybody else? | 我都要了 还有谁吗 |
[10:38] | Oh hell, I got a garage full of stuff. | 我车库里都是东西 |
[10:40] | You’d be doing me a huge favor by clearing it out. | 你把它清空就是帮了我大忙 |
[10:43] | A huge favor? | 帮了大忙 |
[10:45] | Then why don’t you pay the bill? | 那你来付钱吧 |
[10:47] | Well, freaky Friday’s over. | 怪诞星期五结束了 |
[11:00] | How’d it go? | 情况怎么样 |
[11:01] | Kind of a disaster. | 简直是一场灾难 |
[11:03] | Where were you? | 你去了哪里 |
[11:03] | Elks, Beavers, Woodchucks? | 麋鹿 海狸还是土拨鼠 |
[11:06] | The Shriners. | 圣地兄弟会 |
[11:07] | When I told them I was sober, they started to boo. | 我跟他们说我在戒瘾时 他们开始喝倒彩 |
[11:13] | Where’s Violet? | 维奥莉特人呢 |
[11:14] | She’s sleeping. | 她在睡觉 |
[11:15] | At 9:00? | 九点就睡了吗 |
[11:16] | Apparently the good parties don’t start till 11:00. | 显然好派对十一点才开始 |
[11:20] | Did she even bother looking for a job today? | 她今天费心去找工作了吗 |
[11:23] | Who knows. | 谁知道 |
[11:24] | I don’t have the energy to fight with her anymore. | 我没力气跟她吵架了 |
[11:26] | Well, lucky for you, I’m sitting on a lot of anger, | 你真走运 我现在怒气满满 |
[11:28] | and I need to squirt it at somebody. | 需要找个人发泄 |
[11:32] | Wake up! | 醒醒 |
[11:33] | What the hell? Give me back my blanket. | 搞什么 把我的毯子给我 |
[11:35] | It’s my blanket, buck-o. | 那是我的毯子 小姑娘 |
[11:37] | Now here’s how this is gonna go, | 你要这样做 |
[11:39] | no more parties, no more laying around here smoking reefer. | 不能再参加派对 不能再躺着抽大麻烟卷 |
[11:42] | What’s “Reefer?” | 那是什么 |
[11:44] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[11:45] | You have got till the end of the week to get a job. | 这周末前你必须找到一份工作 |
[11:47] | Why are you being so mean to me? | 你为什么对我这么刻薄 |
[11:49] | My whole life is falling apart. | 我的人生都被毁了 |
[11:50] | Don’t let her play you. | 别让她耍你 |
[11:52] | Your life is falling apart | 你的人生都被毁了 |
[11:53] | ’cause you’re stupid! | 是因为你蠢 |
[11:55] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[11:56] | You need to move out of the problem, | 你得跳出问题 |
[11:57] | and into the solution. | 找解决办法 |
[12:00] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[12:01] | It means stop feeling sorry for yourself | 意思是少自怨自艾 |
[12:04] | and get on with your life. | 继续生活 |
[12:07] | – Mom. – What? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[12:08] | I love you so much right now. | 我现在好爱你 |
[12:11] | Oh, okay, thanks, I love you, too. | 好吧 谢谢 我也爱你 |
[12:12] | For your information, I don’t feel sorry for myself. | 告诉你一句 我没有自怨自艾 |
[12:15] | Get back in there! | 回去 |
[12:20] | Okay, that’s it, you’re getting a hug. | 好吧 我要给你个抱抱 |
[12:31] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[12:35] | My God! | 天啊 |
[12:37] | I know, it’s a mess. | 我知道 简直一团糟 |
[12:39] | Can’t even park my Range Rover in here | 就因为这该死的喷气式滑水橇 |
[12:41] | ’cause of these damn Jet Skis. | 我的路虎都停不进来 |
[12:44] | Since when do you play drums? | 你什么时候开始打鼓的 |
[12:46] | My ex-husband took lessons. | 我前夫上过课 |
[12:47] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[12:49] | He had no rhythm in bed, | 他在床上毫无节奏 |
[12:50] | I don’t know why he thought he could play the drums. | 我不知道他为何觉得自己能打鼓 |
[12:54] | What is that? A hang glider? | 那是什么 悬挂式滑翔机吗 |
[12:56] | Yeah, he was into all kinds of extreme sports. | 是啊 他喜欢各种极限运动 |
[12:58] | Hmm, explains why he married an alcoholic. | 所以他才娶了个酒鬼 |
[13:01] | – So all this stuff is his? – Yep. | -这些东西都是他的啊 -是的 |
[13:04] | And he doesn’t want it? | 他不想要吗 |
[13:05] | Oh, he wants it. | 他想要的 |
[13:06] | So how soon can you get it all out of here? | 你能多快都弄走啊 |
[13:12] | I don’t know, Marjorie, I did everything you said. | 我不知道 玛乔丽 我做了你说的一切 |
[13:15] | I applied for, like, ten scholarships and got nowhere. | 我申请了十个奖学金 结果一无所获 |
[13:19] | Yeah, I could apply for a student loan, | 是啊 我可以申请学生贷款 |
[13:21] | but I’ll never get out from under it. | 但我就永远摆脱不了它了 |
[13:24] | Yes, I’m staying positive. | 是的 我在保持积极 |
[13:29] | Yes, I know it’s all in God’s hands. | 是的 我知道上帝都有安排 |
[13:34] | Behind you. | 小心 |
[13:36] | I got to go, my mother has a canoe. | 我得挂了 我妈妈买了独木舟 |
[13:38] | It’s a kayak. | 这是小划艇 |
[13:39] | Open 1A. | 打开1A |
[13:41] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[13:42] | Hang on, let me put this down. | 先等我放下 |
[13:46] | Where did you get that thing? | 你从哪里弄来的 |
[13:47] | Jill’s garage. | 吉尔的车库 |
[13:49] | She gave it to me to sell. | 她让我卖掉 |
[13:50] | I got stuff from everyone. | 大伙儿都给了我东西卖 |
[13:52] | Does Mrs. Hathaway know you’re using her apartment for storage? | 海瑟薇太太知道你在用她的公寓放东西吗 |
[13:55] | Mrs. Hathaway is in the hospital in critical condition. | 海瑟薇太太在医院里 病情危重 |
[13:58] | She does not need the stress of hearing from me. | 她不需要我给她打电话带来的压力 |
[14:01] | Then I guess you’re in business. | 我想你开始做生意了 |
[14:02] | I even came up with a slogan, | 我甚至想出了口号 |
[14:04] | “Don’t junk it, Plunkett.” | 别扔垃圾 交给普兰科特吧 |
[14:06] | How about, | 这句怎么样 |
[14:07] | “Don’t throw it away, Plunkay.” | 别扔走 普兰凯 |
[14:10] | What’s “Plunkay?” | 普兰凯是什么 |
[14:11] | Never mind. I got to get to work. | 算了 我得去上班了 |
[14:14] | Is Violet here? I could use some help with the Jet Skis. | 维奥莉特在吗 我需要人帮我搬喷气式滑水橇 |
[14:16] | Believe it or not, she and a bunch of her girlfriends | 随你信不信 她和一群女友 |
[14:18] | went to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. | 周末去了太浩湖 |
[14:19] | What? I told her to find a job. | 什么 我叫她找工作的 |
[14:22] | And I told her to do the laundry, | 我叫她洗衣服 |
[14:23] | and I’m still wearing yesterday’s pants. | 而我还穿着昨天的裤子 |
[14:26] | Hey, ask around at the restaurant, | 在餐馆问问 |
[14:27] | see if anybody wants to buy a guitar autographed by Sammy Hagar. | 看看有没有人想买萨米·黑格签名的吉他 |
[14:35] | Working on scholarships? | 在找奖学金吗 |
[14:37] | No. | 没有 |
[14:38] | Trying to find out if the government breaks your legs | 我在查付不起学生贷款时 |
[14:39] | when you can’t pay back your student loans. | 政府会不会打断你的腿 |
[14:42] | Why do you assume you won’t be able to pay them back? | 你为什么假设你还不起贷款啊 |
[14:45] | After you graduate, you’re gonna be a rich attorney. | 你毕业后会成为有钱的律师 |
[14:47] | I was never doing this to become a rich attorney. | 我做这一切不是为了成为有钱的律师 |
[14:50] | I want to help people who are in trouble, you know? | 我想帮助身处困境的人们 知道吗 |
[14:52] | The downtrodden. | 受到压迫的人们 |
[14:53] | Oh honey, when are you gonna figure it out? | 亲爱的 你什么时候会弄明白 |
[14:55] | We are the downtrodden. | 我们就是受到压迫的人们 |
[14:58] | Make a lot of money so we can be the “Up-trodden.” | 赚很多钱 好让我们能压迫别人 |
[15:03] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:03] | Oh, crap. In here! | 该死 这里 |
[15:07] | You want me to take this? | 想让我接手吗 |
[15:09] | No, she’s my fault. | 不用了 她是我的错 |
[15:12] | Hey, how was your weekend? | 周末过得怎么样 |
[15:14] | It was great. I won $38 at the casino. | 很棒 我在赌场赢了38块 |
[15:17] | Look at that, Christy, your money problems are over. | 瞧瞧 克丽丝蒂 你的金钱问题解决了 |
[15:20] | Yeah, turns out I’m really good at slot machines. | 原来我很擅长玩老虎机 |
[15:23] | Anyway, the best part is I got a job. | 总之 最棒的部分是我找到了工作 |
[15:26] | Really? Where? | 真的吗 在哪里 |
[15:27] | At Harrah’s. | 哈拉斯赌场 |
[15:28] | I’m gonna be a blackjack dealer. | 我要做二十一点发牌员了 |
[15:32] | Wait a minute, you’re moving to Lake Tahoe? | 等等 你要搬去太浩湖吗 |
[15:34] | Yeah, my friend Lindsay’s dad is a pit-boss | 是啊 我朋友林赛的爸爸是赌台经理 |
[15:36] | and he hooked us up. | 他帮我们找的工作 |
[15:37] | We’re gonna share an apartment and go to dealer school. | 我们要一起住一间公寓 去上发牌训练学校 |
[15:38] | It’ll be a blast. | 那会很棒的 |
[15:39] | But what about finishing college, making something of your life? | 那念完大学 有所成就呢 |
[15:42] | I am making something: money. | 我赚钱了呀 |
[15:44] | When people win at blackjack, they give you a tip. | 二十一点中人们赢钱时 就会给小费 |
[15:47] | So I figure, all I got to do is make sure that they win. | 所以我想着我只用确保他们赢钱就行了 |
[15:52] | Oh, God, she’ll be stripping in a month. | 天啊 她一个月内就会去跳脱衣舞 |
[15:54] | May I step in? | 要我插手吗 |
[15:55] | Have at it. | 请便吧 |
[15:57] | That sounds like a terrific plan, Violet. | 这计划听起来很棒 维奥莉特 |
[15:59] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[16:00] | That’s how you step in? Step out. | 你就是这样插手的吗 走开 |
[16:03] | What? She’s an adult. | 怎么了 她是成年人 |
[16:04] | Maybe college isn’t the right thing for her now. | 也许大学现在对她来说不合适 |
[16:07] | So you’d rather have her deal blackjack? | 所以你宁愿让她在二十一点中发牌吗 |
[16:09] | No, it’s a terrible idea, | 不 那是个糟糕的主意 |
[16:10] | but let her find out for herself that she’s an idiot. | 但是让她自己发现她是个傻瓜吧 |
[16:13] | Thanks, Grandma. | 谢谢 外婆 |
[16:15] | Anyway, I’m gonna go lie down for a little while. | 总之我要睡会儿 |
[16:16] | I’m going out later to celebrate. | 等下我要出去庆祝 |
[16:21] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[16:23] | Hey, look at the bright side, | 往好的方面看 |
[16:24] | you now have one less tuition to worry about. | 你不用管她的学费了 |
[16:27] | I don’t care about the money anymore, | 我不再在乎钱了 |
[16:28] | I just want her to be safe. | 我只是想让她平平安安的 |
[16:30] | Hey, I happen to remember another cute, young blonde | 我碰巧记得另一个可爱年轻的金发姑娘 |
[16:32] | who left home early to find her way in the world, | 早早离家寻找谋生之道 |
[16:35] | and she turned out just fine. | 她后来也挺好的啊 |
[16:36] | I wound up addicted to drugs, alcohol, | 我最后吸毒酗酒 |
[16:38] | with a police record and two children. | 有案底和两个小孩 |
[16:41] | Maybe I wasn’t talking about you. | 也许我说的不是你 |
[16:48] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[16:50] | I got the scholarship from the trial lawyers. | 我获得了出庭律师的奖学金 |
[16:52] | Oh, honey, that’s great! | 亲爱的 太棒了 |
[16:55] | It’s like Marjorie says, | 就像玛乔丽说的那样 |
[16:56] | “When God closes a door, he opens a window.” | 上帝关上一扇门时 也会打开一扇窗 |
[17:10] | *Happy birthday, dear Christy* | *生日快乐 亲爱的克丽丝蒂* |
[17:13] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[17:17] | *Keep coming back* | *要一直回来哦* |
[17:26] | Three years sober, I’m so proud of you. | 坚持戒瘾三年了 我真为你骄傲 |
[17:29] | Thanks, Marjorie. | 谢谢 玛乔丽 |
[17:31] | I don’t know what’s more impressive, | 我不知道哪件事更厉害 |
[17:32] | three years without a drink or a whole week without crying. | 三年没喝酒还是一周没哭 |
[17:37] | I just want to thank you guys. | 我只是想谢谢你们 |
[17:38] | I couldn’t have made it through this year without you. | 如果没有你们 我熬不过今年的 |
[17:41] | I’d like to say that you’re all my family, | 我想说你们都是我的家人 |
[17:44] | but that word has such ugly connotations. | 但那个词有不好的含义 |
[17:50] | How’s it going with the college tuition? | 大学学费怎么样了 |
[17:52] | Almost there. | 快筹到了 |
[17:53] | If I get the tax refund I’m hoping for, | 如果我拿到了预期的退税 |
[17:56] | grab some extra shifts at the restaurant, | 在餐厅多排几次班 |
[17:57] | and perform my own root canal, I might just make it. | 自己做牙根管手术 我也许会拿到那笔钱 |
[18:01] | Or… | 或者 |
[18:03] | you could have a mother who wants to make amends | 你可以拥有一个想补偿的母亲 |
[18:06] | for not being there the first time | 因为你第一次想接受教育时 |
[18:07] | you tried to get an education. | 她没能帮你 |
[18:11] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[18:12] | I sold Jill’s Jet Skis for… | 我卖了吉尔的喷气式滑水橇 售价是 |
[18:14] | how much did I tell you? | 我跟你说的是多少钱来着 |
[18:15] | $5,000 | 五千块 |
[18:17] | Right, five grand. | 对 五千块 |
[18:19] | Anyway, that’s my cut and… | 总之 那是我的抽成 |
[18:21] | and now it’s yours. | 现在是你的了 |
[18:22] | Good luck at school. | 祝你在学校好运 |
[18:23] | Oh, Mom, thank you. | 妈妈 谢谢 |
[18:27] | Don’t count it in front of Jill. | 别当着吉尔的面数 |