时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I got a job. | 我找到工作了 |
[00:03] | Really? Where? | 真的吗 在哪里 |
[00:05] | At Harrah’s. | 哈拉斯赌场 |
[00:06] | I’m gonna be a blackjack dealer. | 我要做二十一点发牌员了 |
[00:09] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[00:09] | You’re moving to Lake Tahoe? | 你要搬去太浩湖吗 |
[00:11] | Yeah, my friend Lindsay’s dad is a pit boss | 是啊 我朋友林赛的爸爸是赌台经理 |
[00:13] | and he hooked us up. We’re gonna share an apartment, | 他帮我们找的工作 我们要一起住一间公寓 |
[00:14] | and go to dealer school. It’ll be a blast. | 去上发牌训练学校 那会很棒的 |
[00:16] | But what about finishing college? | 那念完大学 |
[00:18] | Making something of your life. | 有所成就呢 |
[00:19] | I am making something, money. | 我赚钱了呀 |
[00:21] | When people win at blackjack, they give you a tip. | 二十一点中人们赢钱时 就会给小费 |
[00:24] | So I figure all I got to do is make sure that they win. | 所以我想着我只用确保他们赢钱就行了 |
[00:28] | Oh, God, she’ll be stripping in a month. | 天啊 她一个月内就会去跳脱衣舞 |
[00:31] | – May I step in? – Have at it. | -要我插手吗 -请便吧 |
[00:34] | That sounds like a terrific plan, Violet. | 这计划听起来很棒 维奥莉特 |
[00:36] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[00:37] | That’s how you step in? Step out. | 你就是这样插手的吗 走开 |
[00:40] | What? She’s an adult. | 怎么了 她是成年人 |
[00:41] | Maybe college isn’t the right thing for her now. | 也许大学现在对她来说不合适 |
[00:44] | So you’d rather have her deal blackjack? | 所以你宁愿让她在二十一点中发牌吗 |
[00:46] | No, it’s a terrible idea, but let her find out for herself | 不 那是个糟糕的主意 但是让她自己发现 |
[00:48] | that she’s an idiot. | 她是个傻瓜吧 |
[00:50] | Thanks, Grandma. | 谢谢 外婆 |
[00:58] | Someone thinks she’s having sex tonight. | 某人觉得自己今晚有性福哦 |
[01:01] | I better be having sex tonight. | 有性福最好 |
[01:03] | It’s been 14 months. | 已经14个月了 |
[01:04] | I think I might be a virgin again. | 我想我的处女膜又长回来了 |
[01:08] | So who’s gonna be working the jaws of life? | 那今晚用救生钳剪开膜的人是谁 |
[01:11] | His name’s Paul. | 他叫保罗 |
[01:12] | I met him in the Wednesday morning meeting. | 我在周三早间会议上认识他的 |
[01:14] | He’s 40, builds houses, never married, rescues dogs. | 他40岁 建房子 没结过婚 援救狗狗 |
[01:19] | “Rescues dogs.” | 援救狗狗 |
[01:22] | Checks all the boxes. | 所以勾都打上了 |
[01:24] | Yep, just one more to go. | 对 还有一项 |
[01:27] | You take care of business down there? | 下面的事情处理好了吗 |
[01:29] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[01:30] | I’m waxed like a ballroom floor. | 脱毛后光得像舞厅地板一样 |
[01:33] | Seriously, | 说真的 |
[01:34] | unless I take off his pants and find a store-bought vagina, | 除非脱掉他裤子后发现有个人造阴道 |
[01:37] | this guy’s getting the ride of his life. | 否则这家伙今晚将拥有人生最爽的一次 |
[01:41] | Oh, God, please don’t be cancelling, | 我的天 拜托别是取消 |
[01:43] | – please don’t be cancelling. – It’s your daughter. | -拜托别是取消 -是你女儿 |
[01:45] | – Let it go to voice mail… – Hey, Vi, it’s your Grandma, what’s up? | -转语音信箱吧 -小维 是外婆 什么事 |
[01:49] | Ooh, you don’t sound so good. | 你听起来不好 |
[01:50] | She’s sick. | 她病了 |
[01:51] | – How sick? – How sick? | -有多重 -有多重 |
[01:53] | Mono? | 单核细胞增多症 |
[01:54] | What? | 什么 |
[01:57] | Have you seen a doctor? | 你看过医生了吗 |
[01:59] | Okay, okay, don’t cry. | 好了 别哭 |
[02:02] | Of course I’ll come take care of you. | 我当然会去照顾你 |
[02:04] | I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 我会尽快赶过去 |
[02:05] | Mommy’s coming. | 妈妈马上就到 |
[02:06] | Just not the way she hoped. | 只是不是她希望的那种”到” |
[02:11] | Oh, my God, Paul, you’re on time. | 我的天 保罗 你准时来了 |
[02:14] | Another box checked. | 又打了一个勾 |
[02:15] | Wow, you look great… | 你真美 |
[02:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:20] | I’m sorry, I can’t go out tonight. | 对不起 我今晚不能出去了 |
[02:22] | I’ll text you why from the car. | 我在车上发短信告诉你原因 |
[02:23] | Short version, mono. | 长话短说 单核细胞增多症[接吻病] |
[02:25] | Not me, my daughter, I’m clean. | 不是我 是我女儿 我很干净 |
[02:27] | Big sloppy rain check coming at you. | 大大的”补炮”等着你 |
[02:29] | She’s serious, you’re as good as done. | 她是认真的 炮前工作全做完了 |
[02:58] | Wow, you just blew past a Maserati. | 你刚超了一辆玛莎拉蒂 |
[03:01] | Just a rich douche bag who doesn’t know how to drive. | 只是一个不会开车的有钱人渣而已 |
[03:04] | Yeah, good point, y-you still might want to slow down. | 有道理 但你还是得慢点 |
[03:07] | My daughter’s sick. She needs me. | 我女儿病了 她需要我 |
[03:08] | She just has mono. | 她只是得了单核细胞增多症 |
[03:10] | That’s what she admitted to over the phone. | 那只是她在电话中承认的 |
[03:11] | For all I know, she’s riddled with… Ebola. | 她说不定感染了埃博拉病毒 |
[03:15] | Well, if that’s the case, then there’s no hurry. | 如果是这样 就没必要快了 |
[03:17] | By the time we get there, she’ll be 90 pounds of soup. | 等我们到了 她就成90磅的汤了 |
[03:22] | Not funny. | 不好笑 |
[03:23] | Why are you making yourself crazy? | 你为什么这么疯 |
[03:25] | You used to get sick all the time | 你小时候总是生病 |
[03:26] | when you were a kid, I never panicked. | 我从来没慌过 |
[03:28] | Just put on I Love Lucy and gave you a big glass of Tang. | 只是给你看《我爱露茜》 喝上一杯果珍 |
[03:32] | And that’s why I still buy my pants at Gap Kids. | 所以我的裤子依然得买童装 |
[03:35] | Hey, don’t put that on me. | 别怪我 |
[03:37] | Your father was a lawn dwarf. | 你爸是个小矮人 |
[03:42] | Oh, you got to be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[03:43] | Pull up over here. | 停在那边 |
[03:44] | Damn, damn, damn. | 该死的 |
[03:46] | Look at the bright side, | 往好的一面看 |
[03:47] | you’re gonna crush the breathalyzer. | 酒精呼吸测试你肯定过 |
[03:51] | Do you know why I pulled you over? | 知道我为什么叫停你吗 |
[03:52] | Yes, I was speeding, but my daughter’s | 知道 我超速了 但我的女儿 |
[03:54] | up in Lake Tahoe and she has mono. | 在太浩湖 得了单核细胞增多症 |
[03:56] | I have to get there. She’s all alone. | 我必须赶到 她一个人 |
[03:58] | I’m sorry to hear that, but… | 很遗憾是这样 但是 |
[03:59] | You don’t understand, she was never there for me | 你不懂 她从来没陪过我 |
[04:01] | so I’m trying to break the cycle of neglect. | 我只是想打破忽视的怪圈 |
[04:04] | Yeah, that’s not really what this is about… | 这不是真正的… |
[04:05] | Tell him, Mom, tell him. | 告诉他 妈 告诉他 |
[04:08] | I was a horrible mother, Officer. | 我曾是个可怕的母亲 警官 |
[04:09] | She was one step away from being a feral cat. | 她差一点就成了野猫 |
[04:13] | License and registration. | 驾照和行车证 |
[04:15] | Yes, sir. | 是 警官 |
[04:16] | You been drinking? | 你喝酒了吗 |
[04:18] | Not since May 14, 2013. | 2013年5月14日后就没喝过了 |
[04:21] | I can prove it. I have a chip. | 我有证据 我有戒酒天数纪念牌 |
[04:23] | That’s all right. | 没事 |
[04:24] | Wait here. | 在这等着 |
[04:26] | Oh, God, I can’t afford a ticket. | 老天 我交不起罚金 |
[04:30] | There is a way to get out of it. | 有办法逃脱的 |
[04:32] | Don’t even think it. | 想都别想 |
[04:33] | You’re all waxed, you should use it | 你都把毛脱干净了 在那里长出毛茬之前 |
[04:35] | before you get five o’clock shadow. | 你要派上用场 |
[04:38] | Why don’t you do Officer Handsome? | 你为什么不去搞”帅气警官” |
[04:40] | ‘Cause I look like ZZ Top down there. | 因为我下面看起来像大胡子合唱团 |
[04:43] | Oh, hey, look, | 看 |
[04:44] | the Maserati finally caught up to us. | 玛莎拉蒂终于超过去了 |
[04:46] | And they’re giving us the finger. | 他们居然竖中指 |
[04:47] | Douche bag! | 人渣 |
[04:49] | Not you, Officer. | 不是说你 警官 |
[04:53] | I can’t believe it, a $200 ticket. | 真不敢相信 200块的罚单 |
[04:56] | Just throw it away. | 扔掉吧 |
[04:57] | They never follow up on those things. | 他们不会追踪这些事的 |
[04:59] | That’s jury duty. | 对待陪审员义务邮件才是这样 |
[05:02] | I don’t think so. | 我想不是的 |
[05:08] | 25 26 27 25, 26, 27. | |
[05:13] | Wait, where’s 28? | 28在哪里 |
[05:14] | Violet’s in 28. | 维奥莉特在28 |
[05:15] | I don’t see a 28. | 我没看到28 |
[05:17] | It has to be here. | 应该在这里的 |
[05:18] | And we’re definitely in colony Two, Building Four? | 我们肯定在4号楼2单元吗 |
[05:20] | You said Colony Four, Building Two. | 你说的是2号楼4单元 |
[05:22] | I did not, I said… | 我没有 我说的是 |
[05:26] | Yeah, that is what I said. | 对 我是这样说的 |
[05:31] | – Are you getting a signal? – Not yet. | -有信号了吗 -还没 |
[05:33] | Should we go to the roof and navigate by the stars? | 我们要上屋顶靠星星指路吗 |
[05:36] | I keep thinking we’re gonna come across the bones of a dead pizza guy. | 我总觉得会看到披萨外送男的遗骨 |
[05:41] | Honey, I promise we’re in the building. | 亲爱的 我发誓我们在大楼里 |
[05:43] | Can you hear your grandma screaming? Scream. | 你能听到外婆大叫吗 快叫 |
[05:44] | We are here! We are here! | 我们来了 我们来了 |
[05:48] | Calm down, we’re on our way. | 冷静 我们马上就到了 |
[05:50] | – She heard me? – No. | -她听到了吗 -没有 |
[05:52] | Oh, damn. Now what? | 见鬼 现在怎么办 |
[05:54] | We need to start rationing our supplies. | 我们应该开始定量配给我们的物资 |
[05:59] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[06:01] | I’m here, baby. | 我来了 宝贝 |
[06:02] | Thanks, kid. I’ll let you know if we need those show tickets. | 谢谢了 孩子 如果我们需要演出票会告诉你的 |
[06:08] | Oh, honey, you’re burning up. | 亲爱的 你发烧了 |
[06:09] | I feel awful. | 我觉得很难受 |
[06:11] | Hi, Vi. | 小维 |
[06:12] | Hey, Grandma. | 外婆 |
[06:14] | What’s with all the luggage? | 怎么行李都收拾好了 |
[06:15] | Aren’t you taking me home? | 你们不带我回家吗 |
[06:17] | You are home. | 你就在家里啊 |
[06:18] | No, I mean home home. | 不 我是说咱家 |
[06:21] | Where we live? | 我们住的地方吗 |
[06:25] | Yeah, I want to move back in with you guys. | 是啊 我想搬回去跟你们住 |
[06:27] | But what about your roommate– what’s her name, Sarah? | 但你的室友呢 她叫什么来着 莎拉 |
[06:30] | I thought you loved her. | 我还以为你很爱她呢 |
[06:31] | Not anymore, she’s a bitch. | 不爱了 她是个贱人 |
[06:35] | ‘Sup. | 好啊 |
[06:38] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[06:39] | Sarah’s boyfriend. | 莎拉的男友 |
[06:42] | Does he have mono, too? | 他也得了单核细胞增多症吗 |
[06:44] | I don’t know, I’m not a doctor. | 我不知道 我不是医生 |
[06:46] | I think I know why Sarah’s a bitch. | 我觉得我知道莎拉为什么是贱人了 |
[06:50] | Can we just go? | 我们能走吗 |
[06:51] | What about your job? | 你的工作呢 |
[06:52] | Don’t you need to call someone? | 你不用给谁打电话吗 |
[06:54] | Tell them you’ll be out for awhile? | 告诉他们你要请一段时间的假 |
[06:55] | Why are you asking me so many questions? | 你为什么问我这么多问题 |
[06:59] | Okay, okay. | 好了好了 |
[07:00] | Let’s get you home. | 我们带你回家 |
[07:03] | Where did you park? | 你在哪里停的车 |
[07:04] | In the parking structure. | 在停车场 |
[07:06] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[07:07] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[07:09] | Wait here, I’ll find the kid. | 在这里等着 我去找那孩子 |
[07:12] | Little boy! | 小子 |
[07:14] | Little boy! | 小子 |
[07:17] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[07:20] | Out like a light. | 睡得很沉 |
[07:24] | Man, I miss NyQuil. | 真想念奈奎尔感冒药 |
[07:26] | Poor baby. | 可怜的孩子 |
[07:27] | Poor baby my ass. | 可怜的孩子个屁 |
[07:28] | I’m telling you, we’re driving a getaway car. | 我跟你说 我们开的是一辆逃亡汽车 |
[07:32] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[07:33] | She’s very sick. | 她病得很重 |
[07:34] | Oh, I believe she’s sick. | 这个我信 |
[07:35] | I just think there’s something else going on here. | 我只是觉得另有隐情 |
[07:37] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[07:38] | Think about it– all of a sudden | 想想吧 突然 |
[07:40] | she wants to move back in with you? | 她就想搬回来跟你住了 |
[07:42] | Now, correct me if I’m wrong, | 如果我错了就纠正我 |
[07:43] | but last we checked, she hates you. | 但据我们所知 她恨你 |
[07:46] | Maybe she’s outgrown that. | 也许她成熟了 |
[07:47] | Maybe my daughter’s come to appreciate me. | 也许我女儿开始感激我了 |
[07:49] | Yeah, and maybe she wasn’t banging her roommate’s boyfriend. | 是啊 也许她也没搞她室友的男友 |
[07:54] | You just think the worst about everybody. | 你把谁都想得很坏 |
[07:56] | Yeah, and I’m right 98% of the time. | 是啊 98%的时候我都是对的 |
[07:59] | Well, we’ll just see. | 我们走着瞧吧 |
[08:00] | Yeah, I’ll tell you what you’re gonna see. | 我告诉你你会看到什么 |
[08:01] | You’re gonna see my, “I told you so” face. | 你会看到我的”跟你说过”表情 |
[08:05] | God. | 天啊 |
[08:10] | Where’s Roscoe? | 罗斯科呢 |
[08:11] | At his dad’s. | 在他爸爸那 |
[08:12] | Ugh, I hope these sheets aren’t filled with his boogers. | 希望这床单上没他的鼻屎 |
[08:15] | That’s the least of your problems. | 那是你最不用考虑的问题 |
[08:17] | For the last few months, | 过去几个月里 |
[08:19] | this has been your grandma’s sex bed. | 这都是你外婆的炮床 |
[08:22] | Hey, Vi, quick question. | 小维 问你个问题 |
[08:23] | I was emptying your bag to get some laundry going | 我刚在把你行李里的衣服拿出来洗 |
[08:25] | and I found what appears to be $2,000 in one of your socks. | 结果发现你袜子里塞了两千块 |
[08:29] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[08:31] | Which was my quick question. | 这就是我的问题 |
[08:33] | Yeah, they’re just my tips from dealing blackjack. | 这是我发21点牌的小费 |
[08:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:37] | People tip you with sequentially numbered, crisp $100 bills? | 人们用顺序编号 崭新的100美元付你小费吗 |
[08:42] | Sometimes. | 有时候是 |
[08:44] | Honey, do you want to tell us what’s going on? | 亲爱的 你想告诉我们发生了什么吗 |
[08:46] | Not really, no. | 不大想 |
[08:49] | I promise I’m gonna love you no matter what. | 我保证无论如何 我还是会爱你 |
[08:51] | That being said, | 话虽如此 |
[08:52] | if you have broken any major laws, | 如果你犯了重罪 |
[08:54] | we will be turning you in… | 我们还是会告发你 |
[08:56] | especially if there’s a reward. | 特别是如果有悬赏 |
[08:59] | Just let me go to sleep. | 让我睡吧 |
[09:00] | Christy, why don’t you go make us some tea | 克丽丝蒂 你去倒点茶 |
[09:02] | while I talk to my granddaughter? | 我来跟我外孙女聊聊 |
[09:03] | That’s all right, I got this. | 没事 我可以的 |
[09:05] | Really? You think you’re just gonna | 真的吗 你觉得你可以靠拥抱 |
[09:06] | hug the truth out of her? | 让她说出实话 |
[09:09] | Please, I’m so tired. | 拜托 我好累 |
[09:12] | Okay, we’ll talk later. | 好吧 我们晚点聊 |
[09:15] | Sweet dreams. | 睡个好觉 |
[09:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:21] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在 |
[09:26] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈妈 你干什么 |
[09:28] | Just make the tea. | 泡茶去 |
[09:30] | Maybe put some loud music on. | 顺便放点大声的音乐 |
[09:37] | – Hey, Christy. – Yeah? | -克丽丝蒂 -怎么 |
[09:44] | Let’s hear it, what’s the deal with the money? | 说来听听 钱是怎么回事 |
[09:46] | I’ll give you three guesses. | 我让你猜三次 |
[09:47] | Ugh, I am not in the mood to play games. | 我没心情玩游戏 |
[09:49] | Too bad, I am. Guess. | 真糟糕 我有心情 猜吧 |
[09:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:55] | Is she a hook… | 她是妓 |
[09:58] | hook… | 妓 |
[10:01] | escort? | 应召吗 |
[10:03] | Good guess, but no. | 猜得好 但不是 |
[10:04] | You have two guesses remaining. | 你还可以猜两次 |
[10:07] | Is she acting in por… | 她演了毛 |
[10:11] | por… | 毛 |
[10:14] | …adult film? | 成人电影吗 |
[10:17] | One more try, make it count. | 还有一次机会 好好猜 |
[10:19] | Do I win something here? | 我能获得什么奖品吗 |
[10:20] | This is the worst game ever. | 这是最糟糕的游戏 |
[10:21] | Quickly, Christy, the clock is ticking. | 快点 克丽丝蒂 时间不多了 |
[10:23] | Okay, fine, she’s selling drugs. | 好吧 她贩毒 |
[10:26] | Oh, come on, she’s pretty, | 拜托 她是漂亮 |
[10:27] | she’s not smart, but thanks for playing. | 但不聪明 感谢参与 |
[10:31] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[10:32] | I’m actually kind of bummed out that I lost. | 我输了还让我蛮沮丧的 |
[10:35] | So, what is it? | 那是怎么回事 |
[10:36] | Turns out she agreed to marry some schmuck from a country | 原来她同意嫁给一个来自她不知道 |
[10:39] | she’s not sure how to pronounce, so he could get his green card. | 怎么发音的国家的笨蛋 好让他拿到绿卡 |
[10:42] | For $2,000? | 就为了两千块吗 |
[10:43] | No, for $10,000. | 不 是一万块 |
[10:45] | She spent the rest on, and I quote, “Fun stuff.” | 她把其余的钱用来”玩乐”了 |
[10:50] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[10:51] | So, now I have a son-in-law? | 我现在有了个女婿吗 |
[10:52] | Oh, no, no, she didn’t marry poor Makhmud. | 她没有嫁给可怜的马哈茂德 |
[10:55] | She took his money and his innocence. | 她夺走了他的钱和清白 |
[10:58] | Oy. | 哎呀 |
[11:00] | Plunkett women, | 普兰科特家的女人 |
[11:01] | making bad decisions for three generations. | 连续三代都做出了糟糕的决定 |
[11:15] | I mean, you make peace with the fact | 我是说 你能接受 |
[11:16] | that your kid may not be the best person in the world, | 你的孩子也许不是世界上最棒的人的设定 |
[11:18] | but what do you do when you find out she steals, cheats, lies | 但如果你发现她偷窃 欺骗 撒谎 |
[11:22] | and spreads disease like a plague rat? | 像瘟疫鼠一样传播疾病 你该怎么办 |
[11:25] | Well… | 嗯 |
[11:26] | if you’re not particularly bright, | 如果你不怎么聪明 |
[11:27] | you bring her home and share cutlery. | 那你就会带她回家 跟她分享餐具 |
[11:30] | What choice did I have? I’m her mother. | 我有什么选择 我是她妈妈 |
[11:32] | I’m responsible for the way she turned out. | 我要为她这个人负责 |
[11:34] | Yeah, I’ll tell you what your problem is: | 我跟你说你的问题是什么 |
[11:35] | you’re too soft on her. | 你对她太心软了 |
[11:36] | You got to lay down the law. | 你得制定规则 |
[11:37] | These words stick in my throat like a chicken bone, | 虽然我如鲠在喉 |
[11:39] | but Bonnie’s right. | 但邦妮说得对 |
[11:43] | Wait, what did I say? | 等等 我刚说了什么 |
[11:43] | Because now I’m starting to doubt myself. | 因为我开始质疑自己了 |
[11:46] | Your daughter’s 21. | 你女儿21岁了 |
[11:47] | At what point is she responsible for her own life? | 她什么时候才能为自己的生活负责 |
[11:50] | – Yeah, but she never… – No buts. | -但是她从来 -没有但是 |
[11:52] | You got to tell her as soon as she’s feeling better, | 等她好起来 你得告诉她 |
[11:55] | she has to get a job and pay the green card guy back. | 她必须找一份工作 把绿卡男的钱还给他 |
[11:58] | Damn straight, Marjorie. | 太对了 玛乔丽 |
[12:00] | Hold up, what is happening? | 等等 怎么回事 |
[12:03] | It’s weirding me out, too. | 我也觉得很奇怪 |
[12:05] | How can I be hard on her? I was drunk most of her life. | 我怎么能对她严厉 她的大半辈子里我都是个酒鬼 |
[12:08] | She had to take care of herself, she had to take care of Roscoe. | 她得照顾自己 照顾罗斯科 |
[12:11] | Hell, half the time she had to take care of me. | 有一半时间她还得照顾我 |
[12:14] | But you’re sober now. | 但你现在戒瘾了 |
[12:15] | And believe it or not, you’re a good mom. | 不管你信不信 你是个好妈妈 |
[12:17] | You can handle it. | 你能处理的 |
[12:19] | How about this? | 这样吧 |
[12:21] | How about I start drinking and drugging again? | 我重新开始喝酒吸毒怎么样 |
[12:23] | And how does that help Violet? | 这对维奥莉特有什么帮助 |
[12:25] | It doesn’t, but I won’t give a rat’s ass. | 这对她没帮助 但那样的话老娘就不在乎了 |
[12:32] | Sorry, you don’t get to take the easy way out. | 抱歉 你没办法走捷径 |
[12:34] | You got to suck it up and do your best. | 你得好好忍耐 尽力而为 |
[12:36] | Yeah, fake it till you make it. Up top. | 是啊 伪装直到成真 击掌 |
[12:38] | Hey, boom. | 砰 |
[12:40] | Let’s share some pudding. | 一起吃布丁吧 |
[12:41] | And just like that, you ruined it. | 就这样 你毁了一切 |
[12:48] | What if I tell her what to do and she says no? | 如果我告诉她该做什么 她说不呢 |
[12:50] | Then you tell her to hit the bricks, cut her loose, | 那你就告诉她自己出去闯荡 别管她 |
[12:52] | it’s your way or the highway. | 要么按你的 要么就离开 |
[12:54] | Do you have any advice that doesn’t sound like | 你有没有什么听起来不像是 |
[12:55] | a John Cougar Mellencamp song? | 约翰·梅伦坎普歌曲的建议吗 |
[12:58] | You kick her out. It’s that simple. | 你赶走她 就这么简单 |
[13:01] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[13:02] | Tough love. | 严厉的爱 |
[13:04] | You know, I didn’t want to say anything in front of Marjorie, | 我不想在玛乔丽面前说 |
[13:06] | but I do know why this is hard for you. | 但我知道为什么这对你来说很艰难 |
[13:08] | It took me a long time to get over my guilt | 我花了很长时间才摆脱 |
[13:10] | about how I raised you. | 抚养你时的内疚 |
[13:12] | Really? You’re over that? | 真的吗 你摆脱了吗 |
[13:14] | – Yep. – Well, I don’t know how to break this to you, | -是的 -我不知道该怎么开口 |
[13:17] | but you shouldn’t be. | 但你不该 |
[13:18] | Too bad. I am. | 真糟糕 我摆脱了 |
[13:19] | No, no, no, you’ve accumulated a level of guilt | 不不 你积累的内疚程度 |
[13:22] | that should never be gotten over. | 是永远不该摆脱的 |
[13:23] | Hey, I’m not saying it happened overnight. | 我又不是说那靠一晚上时间就行了 |
[13:25] | It took months. | 花了好几个月呢 |
[13:27] | Months?! | 好几个月 |
[13:28] | Years of neglect, and it took you months? | 你多年来都忽视我 几个月时间就摆脱了 |
[13:30] | Almost three. | 差不多三个月呢 |
[13:34] | You know what? I would prefer if you not compare yourself to me anymore. | 知道吗 你最好别把你自己跟我比较 |
[13:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[13:38] | One of us has dealt with her issues and grown. | 我们中的一人处理了她的问题 成长了 |
[13:40] | Hint, it’s me. | 提示 那人是我 |
[13:41] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[13:42] | Do you hear yourself? | 你能听见自己说的话吗 |
[13:44] | You should feel guilty about Violet, too, | 你也该为维奥莉特的事感到内疚 |
[13:46] | ’cause you messed me up, which messed her up, | 因为你搞砸了我 也就是搞砸了她 |
[13:47] | so it all comes back to you! | 所以一切归根结底都怪你 |
[13:49] | You’re… Johnny Apple-Guilt! | 你是约翰尼·苹果-内疚 |
[13:51] | Dealt with that one, too. Over it. | 我也处理了 已经翻篇了 |
[13:57] | Get out! | 下车 |
[13:58] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听见了 |
[14:00] | You want to see some tough love? Walk home. | 你想看严厉的爱吗 走回家 |
[14:02] | We’re right in front of our building. | 我们就在家门口 |
[14:04] | It’s the principle. Get out! | 这是原则 下车 |
[14:06] | All right. | 好 |
[14:08] | See you in a minute. | 一分钟后见 |
[14:13] | And it’s been a pattern your whole life. | 这是你这辈子的模式 |
[14:16] | You let that idiot Luke knock you up in high school. | 你高中时让那蠢货卢克搞大了你的肚子 |
[14:19] | You gave up the baby so you could go to college, | 你把孩子送去领养 好去上大学 |
[14:21] | then dropped out so you could sabotage | 然后退学了 好破坏 |
[14:23] | some poor busboy’s American dream. | 一个可怜餐馆工的美国梦 |
[14:26] | Do you know how many wives ten grand could’ve bought him in Uzbekistan? | 你知道他用一万块在乌兹别克斯坦能买到多少老婆吗 |
[14:30] | – But, Mom… – No! | -但是妈妈 -不 |
[14:32] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[14:36] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[14:37] | Oh, I heard. | 我听到了 |
[14:39] | – I was tough. – You were tough. | -我很严厉 -的确 |
[14:41] | – Ballsy. – Big swingin’ ballsy. | -有种 -相当有种 |
[14:45] | I laid down the law. | 我定了规矩 |
[14:46] | I told her, | 我告诉她 |
[14:47] | “As soon as you’re on your feet, | 等你病好了 |
[14:49] | “You’re getting a job and paying Makhmud back. | 就去找工作 还马哈茂德的钱 |
[14:51] | And if not, you’re out of here” | 要是你不同意 就离开这里 |
[14:53] | Again, I heard. | 再说一次 我听见了 |
[14:56] | And you know something? | 你知道吗 |
[14:59] | It feels good. | 感觉很好 |
[15:03] | And now it feels bad. | 现在感觉很糟糕了 |
[15:06] | Ignore it. | 无视之 |
[15:08] | Right. | 好吧 |
[15:12] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[15:13] | Don’t fall for it. | 别上当 |
[15:14] | Those sobs are the sound of good parenting. | 那抽泣声是良好家教的声音 |
[15:19] | You’re right, I am a good parent. | 你说得对 我是个好家长 |
[15:21] | You sure are. | 肯定是 |
[15:23] | Where you going? | 你去哪里 |
[15:24] | – To comfort Violet. – What? | -去安慰维奥莉特 -什么 |
[15:27] | I’m a grandparent, it’s a whole different ball game. | 我是外婆 这另当别论 |
[15:33] | – Hey. You’re looking better. – I feel better. | -你看起来好些了 -我感觉好些了 |
[15:37] | Better enough to start looking for a job? | 可以去找工作了吗 |
[15:38] | – Balls. – You need to get a job. | -有点胆子 -你得找份工作 |
[15:42] | Actually, I have a plan that can fix everything. | 实际上 我有个可以解决一切问题的计划 |
[15:46] | Really? Do tell. | 真的吗 说说吧 |
[15:48] | Well, you mentioned Luke, and it got me thinking… | 你提到了卢克 这让我开始思考 |
[15:50] | You mean burger-flipping, can’t-work-a-condom Luke? | 你是说翻汉堡 套套都买不起的卢克吗 |
[15:54] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[15:55] | I checked his Facebook page, and it says | 我看了他的脸书主页 上面写着 |
[15:57] | that he’s single and has a good job. | 他单身 有份好工作 |
[15:59] | So I texted him a video of me doing yoga. | 所以我给他发了段我做瑜伽的视频 |
[16:01] | You know, like, downward dog, but tasteful. | 像是下犬式 但更高雅 |
[16:05] | I’ll give you three guesses where this is going. | 我让你猜三次这对话的走向 |
[16:07] | Don’t need ’em. | 不需要 |
[16:09] | You’re back together with Luke. | 你跟卢克和好了 |
[16:10] | Yep. I’m moving in with him. | 是的 我要搬去跟他住 |
[16:12] | What do I win? | 我获得了什么 |
[16:13] | It’s a new grandchild! | 新的外孙 |
[16:19] | Oh, that’s him. | 他来了 |
[16:20] | Don’t mention the mono. | 别提单核细胞增多症 |
[16:26] | – Hi. – Hey, baby. | -嘿 -好啊 宝贝 |
[16:29] | She’s got bigger balls than both of us. | 她比我俩都有种 |
[16:32] | And now she’s got his. | 现在她抓住了他的蛋蛋 |
[16:45] | And Luke’s making a lot of money now. Tell ’em. | 卢克现在赚很多钱了 告诉她们 |
[16:47] | I make a lot of money now. | 我现在赚很多钱了 |
[16:51] | N-No, tell them how. | 不 告诉她们是怎么赚的 |
[16:53] | Oh. I help design video games for this really cool company. | 我为一家很酷的公司设计电子游戏 |
[16:56] | Um, they have weed and M&M’s in the break room. | 他们的休息室里有大麻和MM豆 |
[17:02] | And he bought his own condo. | 他还买了自己的公寓 |
[17:04] | Is the condo in your name? | 是写的你的名字吗 |
[17:06] | – Yeah. – Good, keep it that way. | -是的 -很好 保持那样吧 |
[17:09] | It’s so trippy, like, a week ago I was thinking to myself, | 这太虚幻了 一周前我还在想 |
[17:11] | “Luke, your life is complete, | 卢克 你的生活完整了 |
[17:13] | you have everything you’ve ever wanted.” | 你有想要的一切 |
[17:14] | And you wisely decided to shake things up. | 而你明智地决定要做出改变 |
[17:19] | I did when I saw Violet’s hot booty twerking | 我在iWatch上看见维奥莉特的性感小屁屁 |
[17:20] | on my iWatch. | 摆动时就决定了 |
[17:22] | Oh, what mother doesn’t want to hear that? | 哪个妈妈不想听见这话呢 |
[17:27] | Come on, let’s go get my stuff. | 走吧 我们去拿我的东西 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:32] | You know, I just got to say, | 我想说 |
[17:33] | it’s great to be part of the family again. | 很高兴再次成为你们的家人 |
[17:36] | It’s very nice to see you, Luke. | 很高兴见到你 卢克 |
[17:38] | You poor, clueless bastard. | 你这个可怜无知的混蛋 |
[17:42] | Okay, it’s official. | 好了 这事定了 |
[17:45] | I don’t like her. | 我不喜欢她 |
[17:46] | Yeah. She’s horrible. | 是啊 她真可怕 |
[17:48] | I mean, I used a lot of guys in my day, | 我以前也利用过许多男人 |
[17:50] | but I just sort of fell into it. | 但我是陷入其中的 |
[17:52] | Drink with them, sleep with them, | 跟他们喝酒 上床 |
[17:55] | maybe get some blow and a free McMuffin out of it. | 也许得到一些毒品和一个免费的麦满分 |
[18:00] | But I never went into it with a plan. | 但我从来没定过计划 |
[18:02] | Well… you always want your children | 你一直想让你的孩子们 |
[18:04] | to do better than you did. | 比你做得好啊 |
[18:08] | Oh, God, she is doing better. | 天啊 她的确做得更好 |