时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let’s talk about it before the meeting tomorrow. | 好的好的 明天开会前我们谈 |
[00:05] | I got to go. | 挂了 |
[00:07] | Who was that? | 是谁 |
[00:08] | Marjorie. | 玛乔丽 |
[00:09] | You called her? | 你打给她的吗 |
[00:11] | She called me. | 她打给我的 |
[00:12] | Why would she call you? | 她为什么打给你 |
[00:13] | She’s having some problems with Victor. | 她和维克托有些问题 |
[00:16] | Oh, God. What? | 老天 怎么了 |
[00:17] | As it turns out, he has some sexual needs | 原来 他的一些性需求 |
[00:20] | that are causing her to reevaluate some… | 让她重新评估了一些 |
[00:23] | long-held beliefs. | 根深蒂固的信仰 |
[00:29] | Okay. Heard enough. | 好了 信息量太大了 |
[00:31] | Yeah. I suggested some breathing exercises | 是 我建议做些呼吸运动 |
[00:33] | that might relax her. | 可能会让她放松 |
[00:35] | Please stop. | 求你别说了 |
[00:35] | Oh, I also told her she needed a safe word. | 我还告诉她 她需要叫停安全词 |
[00:38] | Good night, Mom. | 晚安 妈 |
[00:47] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[00:49] | Marjorie doesn’t call you about sex. | 玛乔丽才没问你性爱的问题 |
[00:52] | You guys are throwing me a surprise party, aren’t you? | 你们是要给我办惊喜派对 对吗 |
[00:55] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[00:59] | Come on, my birthday’s on Saturday. | 得了 周六就是我的生日 |
[01:02] | You and the girls have been | 过去几天 |
[01:03] | whispering around me the past few days. | 你和姐妹们一直在我旁边窃窃私语 |
[01:06] | Well, if you must know, we’ve been whispering about your haircut. | 别搞错了 我们说的是你的刘海 |
[01:08] | We were gonna loop you in once it grew out. | 我们打算等头发长回来再带你玩儿 |
[01:12] | What’s wrong with my haircut? | 我的刘海有什么不好 |
[01:13] | You look like a woman playing a small boy in a play. | 你看起来像一个在戏中扮演小男孩的女人 |
[01:19] | Nice try. | 别想骗我 |
[01:21] | You’re throwing me a party. | 你们要给我办派对 |
[01:23] | Just so you know, I’m working Saturday night, | 你得知道 我周六工作 |
[01:25] | so it would have to be Friday. | 要办就得在周五 |
[01:26] | And I love karaoke and taco bars. | 我喜欢卡拉OK和玉米卷吧 |
[01:29] | Oh, and don’t let Marjorie make her German chocolate cake. | 别让玛乔丽做她的德式巧克力蛋糕 |
[01:32] | The Berlin Wall went down easier. | 柏林墙太容易倒了 |
[01:37] | Jill’s pregnant. | 吉尔怀孕了 |
[01:39] | What? | 什么 |
[01:40] | Two months– that’s what we’ve been whispering about. | 两个月了 我们窃窃私语说的是这个 |
[01:43] | Wait. | 等等 |
[01:45] | Everyone knows except me? | 只有我不知道吗 |
[01:46] | She told us not to tell you. | 她让我们别告诉你 |
[01:48] | Why are you telling me now? | 你为什么现在告诉我 |
[01:50] | Because I want to go to sleep. | 因为我想睡觉 |
[01:53] | I can’t believe she’s freezing me out. | 真不敢相信她排挤我 |
[01:55] | Well, she probably took it personally when you told her | 你跟她说她不可能做个好母亲时 |
[01:57] | she wouldn’t be a good mother. | 她可能怀恨在心了 |
[01:59] | She wouldn’t and you know it. | 她不会是好母亲 你知道的 |
[02:00] | Yeah, but I didn’t say it to her face | 但我没有当她面说 |
[02:02] | in a fertility clinic five minutes before she had her eggs extracted. | 当时人家在医院 还有五分钟就要取卵子了 |
[02:06] | Was I supposed to wait till the doctor greased up the speculum? | 难道我要等到医生给阴道扩张器上油吗 |
[02:10] | You know I hate that word. | 你知道我讨厌这个词 |
[02:13] | And what did she think, that I wasn’t gonna notice | 她怎么想的 难道她肚子大了 |
[02:15] | when she started showing? | 我会看不出来吗 |
[02:16] | No. But she’s really happy right now, | 不 但她现在非常开心 |
[02:18] | and she didn’t want you to ruin her joy. | 她不希望被你毁了这种幸福 |
[02:20] | Wait till she’s up all night with a screaming baby, | 等她整夜不能睡照顾大哭的宝宝时 |
[02:22] | that’s what’ll ruin her joy. | 才知道什么叫毁幸福 |
[02:24] | Yeah. And that right there is why you | 对 就因为这种态度 |
[02:25] | won’t be getting an invite to the baby shower, | 你不会被邀请参加宝宝送礼会 |
[02:27] | which will be here, so make yourself scarce. | 会在这里举行 你懂点事别出现 |
[02:31] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[02:31] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[02:32] | Let her have a baby. | 让她生孩子去 |
[02:33] | Hope it all works out great. | 希望一切都好 |
[02:35] | None of my business. | 不关我的事 |
[02:39] | Night. | 晚安 |
[02:39] | Night. | 晚安 |
[02:42] | Oh. I just realized what I can get you for your birthday– a hat. | 我刚想到你生日送你什么 帽子 |
[03:07] | I for one am glad you told Christy. | 我很高兴你告诉了克丽丝蒂 |
[03:09] | I’m not comfortable lying to people. | 对人说谎我心里不舒服 |
[03:12] | That’s ’cause you don’t do it enough. | 那是因为你说谎不够多 |
[03:13] | It’s a muscle, you got to work it. | 说谎是肌肉 不锻炼不行 |
[03:17] | She actually thought all the whispering | 她以为我们窃窃私语 |
[03:19] | was us planning her surprise birthday party. | 是在计划给她办生日惊喜派对 |
[03:22] | Oh, that’s right, it’s her birthday this weekend. | 没错 这周末是她生日 |
[03:24] | Hey, how about we really do throw her a surprise party? | 不如我们真的给她办场惊喜派对 |
[03:27] | Oh, that’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[03:29] | I can make my German chocolate cake. | 我可以做德式巧克力蛋糕 |
[03:30] | Oh! It is Christy’s favorite. | 这是克丽丝蒂的最爱 |
[03:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:37] | Wait, I don’t know if you’re telling the truth or not. | 慢着 我不知道你是否说的是真话 |
[03:40] | And that’s what makes me | 这令我成为 |
[03:42] | the most interesting person at this table. | 这桌上最有趣的人 |
[03:46] | You don’t have to “Shh” anymore. | 你不用再”嘘”了 |
[03:48] | I know Jill’s pregnant. And you hate my hair. | 我知道吉尔怀孕了 你们讨厌我的刘海 |
[03:51] | We don’t hate it, we’re just afraid you were drinking again. | 我们不讨厌 我们只是担心你又开始喝酒了 |
[03:55] | Christy, why don’t you reach out to Jill and make up? | 克丽丝蒂 不如你主动找吉尔和好 |
[03:57] | I tried. You saw. | 我试过了 你看到了 |
[03:59] | I mean, how many times do you have to apologize | 跟某人说她头顶公主光环 |
[04:01] | for telling somebody that they’re an entitled princess | 她完全不懂养孩子 |
[04:03] | who has no clue how to raise a child? | 为这话我得道歉多少次啊 |
[04:05] | I’m gonna go with 23. | 我觉得是23次 |
[04:07] | It’s like when your friend breaks up with a guy, | 就像你的朋友和男友分手 |
[04:09] | and you tell her that you always hated him and then | 你告诉她其实你一直讨厌她男友 |
[04:10] | they end up getting married. What do you do? | 结果他们结婚了 你怎么办 |
[04:12] | You show up, you throw rice, you move on. | 你参加婚礼 洒下祝福之米 生活继续 |
[04:15] | Actually, you’re not supposed to throw rice anymore. | 事实上 不应该再洒米了 |
[04:17] | The birds choke on it. | 鸟吃了会噎死的 |
[04:18] | Good, Wendy. You got the point she was making. | 很好 温蒂 你完全抓住了她的重点 |
[04:22] | Christy, the baby train is leaving the station. | 克丽丝蒂 宝宝火车已经离站了 |
[04:24] | You need to hop on board. | 你得上车 |
[04:25] | Hey, you got the hat for it. | 你有帽子 适合出门 |
[04:28] | But why do I have to be the one to apologize? | 但凭什么我要去道歉 |
[04:30] | She said I was a lousy mother. | 她说我是一个糟糕的母亲 |
[04:32] | I’ve met your kids. She’s not wrong. | 我见过你的孩子 她没说错 |
[04:36] | What are you gonna do, stay angry at Jill forever? | 你打算怎么做 永远生吉尔的气吗 |
[04:38] | Which forces us all to choose sides. | 这将强迫我们选边站队 |
[04:40] | Choose sides? You’re my mother. | 选边站队 你是我妈 |
[04:42] | Yeah, but she’s got a lot of money and I can be bought. | 对 但她超有钱 我是可以被收买的 |
[04:46] | Hi, I’m Jill. I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是吉尔 我是酒瘾者 |
[04:48] | Hi, Jill. | 你好 吉尔 |
[04:49] | Well, let’s see, things have been going | 想一想 过去几周 |
[04:51] | pretty good the last few weeks. | 事情相当顺利 |
[04:53] | Um, finally finished the remodel of my master bathroom, | 我家主卧浴室的改造工程终于完成了 |
[04:56] | so my marble nightmare is over. | 我的大理石噩梦结束了 |
[04:59] | We all know how good that feels. | 我们都知道那种感觉有多棒 |
[05:02] | Let’s see, what else? | 想想看 还有什么 |
[05:05] | Oh, I can’t keep a secret. | 我无法保守秘密 |
[05:06] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[05:07] | I’m gonna have a baby! | 我快有宝宝了 |
[05:12] | It’s a little early to talk about it, | 现在说有些早 |
[05:13] | but I’m just so thrilled and I didn’t want | 但我太激动了 而且我不希望 |
[05:15] | y’all thinking I’m turning into a fatty. | 大家以为我长胖了 |
[05:18] | No. | 别 |
[05:20] | It’s crazy how much I love this little biscuit cooking inside me, | 我疯狂地爱着肚里的孩子 |
[05:23] | and I just can’t wait for her | 我等不及 |
[05:24] | to get here and start loving me back. | 她出生 开始爱我 |
[05:26] | I’m gonna dress her up, and take her on long walks, | 我会把她打扮得很漂亮 带她散步 |
[05:30] | and play in the park… | 在公园玩 |
[05:32] | You realize she could be talking about a Chihuahua. | 你知道她说的可以是一只吉娃娃吧 |
[05:36] | I’d be lying if I said doing this on my own wasn’t scary. | 如果我说一个人这样做不害怕 那我是在说谎 |
[05:39] | But ever since I’ve been sober, | 但自从我戒酒后 |
[05:43] | I’ve never had to do anything alone. | 我再也不用一个人做任何事了 |
[05:45] | And I think it’s gonna be the same way with this. | 我想这件事也是如此 |
[05:49] | So… thank you. | 所以 谢谢你们 |
[05:52] | And spread the word– baby bump, not muffin top. | 告诉大家 我是怀孕了 不是胖了 |
[05:58] | Would anyone else like to share? | 还有谁想分享吗 |
[05:59] | I’ll go. | 我来 |
[06:02] | Hi. I’m Wendy, and I’m an alcoholic… | 大家好 我是温蒂 我是酒瘾者 |
[06:04] | – I’m really happy for you. – Hi, Wendy. | -我很为你高兴 -你好 温蒂 |
[06:06] | I know I’m not supposed to crosstalk, but… | 我知道我不该串话 但是 |
[06:08] | One down, 22 to go. | 失败了一次 还有22次 |
[06:13] | What do you think? | 你们怎么看 |
[06:13] | Oh, Jill, it’s beautiful. | 吉尔 这很美 |
[06:15] | This is nicer than my house. | 这比我家还要漂亮 |
[06:17] | Well, I should hope so. | 我希望如此 |
[06:20] | What’s a nursery without a crystal chandelier? | 没有水晶吊灯怎么称得上是婴儿房 |
[06:23] | I know, right? | 就是啊 |
[06:24] | My daughter will never have to know | 我女儿永远都不知道 |
[06:25] | the horrors of recessed lighting. | 嵌入式灯具的恐怖 |
[06:29] | Oh, my stork alert. | 我的怀孕警报 |
[06:31] | “Stork alert”? | 怀孕警报 |
[06:32] | Yeah. It’s this app I signed up for. | 是啊 这是我注册的一个应用 |
[06:34] | It sends me texts to tell me about my baby’s progress. | 会给我发短信告诉我宝宝的进度 |
[06:37] | Day 54– she’s a little bigger than a blueberry. | 第54天 她比蓝莓大一点 |
[06:40] | Hey, I had some of your babies | 我今早在脆米花上 |
[06:42] | on my Rice Krispies this morning. | 加了点你的宝宝 |
[06:45] | Bonnie, just because you think it, | 邦妮 你这么想 |
[06:47] | doesn’t mean you have to say it. | 不代表你要说出来 |
[06:48] | Can you guess what I’m thinking right now? | 你能猜到我现在在想什么吗 |
[06:52] | It’s okay, Marjorie. | 没事 玛乔丽 |
[06:53] | Nothing can bring me down. | 没什么能让我不高兴 |
[06:55] | Look at me, I’m glowing, | 瞧瞧我 我容光焕发 |
[06:56] | and I didn’t even get my peel this week. | 我这周甚至没去角质呢 |
[06:59] | Since you’re in such a good mood, | 既然你心情这么好 |
[07:00] | why don’t you come to my house Friday night, | 不如周五晚上来我家吧 |
[07:02] | we’re having a little party. | 我们要办一场小派对 |
[07:03] | Oh, we love parties. Don’t we, princess? | 我们喜欢派对 对吧 小公主 |
[07:06] | Yeah, it’s for Christy’s birthday. | 是啊 是克丽丝蒂的生日派对 |
[07:08] | We’re busy. | 我们很忙 |
[07:10] | She’s hating for two, now. | 她现在还帮她宝宝恨上了 |
[07:13] | Come on, Jill. | 拜托 吉尔 |
[07:15] | You guys have been best friends for so long. | 你们一直以来都是最好的朋友 |
[07:17] | Yeah, well, not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[07:19] | Friends support each other. | 朋友相互支持 |
[07:20] | As far as I’m concerned, she’s dead to me. | 就我而言 她已经是个死人了 |
[07:21] | And when someone’s dead to me, | 当别人是个死人时 |
[07:22] | I don’t go to their birthday parties, | 我不会去参加他们的生日派对 |
[07:24] | because, you know, they’re dead. | 因为他们死了 |
[07:29] | *We are never, ever* | *我们再也* |
[07:31] | *Ever getting back together* | *不会和好了* |
[07:35] | Hey! | 喂 |
[07:36] | Sorry, you’re making my teeth hurt. | 抱歉 你唱得我牙疼 |
[07:39] | Come on, help me with these balloons. | 来 帮我弄气球 |
[07:42] | I was better at karaoke when I was drinking. | 我喝酒时唱歌更好听 |
[07:45] | I wasn’t there, but no you weren’t. | 虽然我当时不在 但你搞错了 |
[07:49] | Oh, God. Surprise! | 天啊 惊喜 |
[07:51] | Calm down, it’s just me. | 冷静点 是我啦 |
[07:53] | Welcome to the party, Marjorie! | 欢迎来到派对 玛乔丽 |
[07:57] | Ready to get freaky? | 准备好疯狂了吗 |
[07:59] | Lovely. I made my German chocolate cake. | 真搞笑 我做了德式巧克力蛋糕 |
[08:02] | Christy’s gonna be so excited! | 克丽丝蒂会很激动的 |
[08:08] | It’s Jill. | 是吉尔 |
[08:10] | Oh, I hope she changed her mind about coming. | 希望她改变主意决定要来了 |
[08:12] | Hi, honey, what’s going on? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[08:14] | If you ever want to tie something to your ankle | 如果你从桥上跳下来时 |
[08:15] | when you jump off a bridge… | 想在脚踝上绑点东西的话… |
[08:29] | Oh, my God, you guys! | 天啊 各位 |
[08:34] | You guys? | 大伙儿呢 |
[08:37] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[08:48] | – Yeah. Christy? – Mom, it’s me. | -克丽丝蒂 -妈妈 是我 |
[08:50] | What’s going on? Where is everybody? | 怎么回事 大伙儿呢 |
[08:51] | Oh honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 很抱歉 |
[08:53] | We had to run over to Jill’s. | 我们得赶去吉尔家 |
[08:55] | I’ve got really bad news. | 有很糟糕的消息 |
[08:58] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[08:59] | She lost the baby. | 她失去了孩子 |
[09:16] | She won’t eat. | 她不肯吃东西 |
[09:17] | – Did she see I put bacon on it? – I don’t know. | -她看见我加了培根吗 -我不知道 |
[09:20] | Well, all right, give it here. I’ll eat it. | 好吧 给我 我吃 |
[09:23] | It’s a sin to waste bacon. | 浪费培根是一种罪过 |
[09:26] | This is just heartbreaking. | 这真是令人心碎 |
[09:29] | It is. | 是啊 |
[09:30] | But Jill’s been through a lot in her life, | 但吉尔这辈子经历了很多 |
[09:32] | she’ll get through this. | 她会挺过来的 |
[09:33] | And she’ll get through it sober. | 而且会在清醒状态下挺过来 |
[09:35] | It’s kind of a shame. | 真可惜 |
[09:36] | The doctor gave her some quality narcotics. | 医生给她开了些高质量麻醉剂 |
[09:39] | “Kind of a shame”? | 真可惜 |
[09:40] | Yeah, she can’t take ’em | 是啊 她没法用 |
[09:41] | and you won’t let me sell ’em. | 你也不让我卖 |
[09:45] | Right? | 对吧 |
[09:47] | Eat your bacon. | 吃你的培根 |
[09:48] | Hello? Mom? Anybody? | 喂 妈妈 有人吗 |
[09:50] | In here. | 这里 |
[09:53] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[09:54] | Not good. | 不怎么好 |
[09:56] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[09:57] | Apparently she had a routine checkup with her doctor, | 显然她去医生那做定期检查 |
[10:00] | and they couldn’t find the heartbeat. | 他们查不到心跳了 |
[10:04] | I want to see her. | 我想见她 |
[10:05] | I don’t know if that’s a good idea. | 我不确定这是个好主意 |
[10:08] | Mom, we had a fight. | 妈妈 我们吵架了 |
[10:09] | Friends fight sometimes. | 朋友有时会吵架 |
[10:10] | I’ll bring her some tea. | 我给她端杯茶 |
[10:11] | That’s mine, but okay. | 那是我的 但是没关系 |
[10:19] | Hey, can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[10:22] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[10:24] | I’m your friend. I love you. | 我是你的朋友 我爱你 |
[10:26] | Just go away. | 走开 |
[10:28] | Jill, please, just give me a minute. | 吉尔 给我一分钟时间 |
[10:33] | I brought tea. | 我给你端了茶 |
[10:35] | I don’t want tea. | 我不想喝茶 |
[10:36] | Okay, well, I’ll just put– | 好吧 我就放… |
[10:38] | are you a coaster person? | 你要用杯垫吗 |
[10:41] | Just put it down. | 放下吧 |
[10:48] | I want you to know how sorry I am. | 我想告诉你我有多抱歉 |
[10:50] | Why would you be sorry? | 你为什么要抱歉 |
[10:52] | You didn’t want me to have this baby in the first place. | 你一开始就不想让我怀这个孩子 |
[10:54] | Well, you win. | 你赢了 |
[10:56] | Oh, my God, Jill. | 天啊 吉尔 |
[10:57] | I would never want this to happen. | 我绝不想让这种事发生 |
[10:59] | Just get out. | 出去 |
[11:01] | Jill, please. | 吉尔 拜托 |
[11:02] | Get out! | 出去 |
[11:05] | I can’t tell her “I told you so,” but you guys know. | 我不能告诉她”我跟你说过了” 但你们知道 |
[11:13] | She hates me. | 她恨我 |
[11:15] | Honey, she’s just been through a lot | 亲爱的 她只是经历了很多 |
[11:17] | and she’s taking it out on you. | 在对你发泄 |
[11:21] | Why don’t you go home, give her some space? | 你回家吧 给她点空间 |
[11:23] | We’re gonna stay and keep an eye on her. | 我们会留下照看她 |
[11:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:26] | Call me if you need anything. | 如果你们需要什么 就打电话给我 |
[11:28] | Actually, since you’re going home, | 既然你要回家 |
[11:29] | could you bring back my swimsuit? | 能把我的泳装带来吗 |
[11:31] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[11:33] | You’re right, I can swim naked. | 你说得对 我可以裸泳 |
[11:34] | It’s just us gals. | 反正只有姐妹们 |
[11:39] | That is the saddest birthday ever. | 这是有史以来最悲伤的生日 |
[11:42] | For Christy? | 对克丽丝蒂而言吗 |
[11:43] | Not even top five. | 前五名都排不上 |
[11:48] | Hi, I’m Christy, I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是克丽丝蒂 我是酒瘾者 |
[11:50] | Hi, Christy. | 你好 克丽丝蒂 |
[11:52] | I don’t usually go to midnight meetings. | 我一般不参加半夜互助会 |
[11:54] | I’m usually asleep. | 我一般睡着了 |
[12:01] | Nice to know you can do both. | 很高兴得知你能睡着开会 |
[12:05] | Thing is I don’t even want to be here right now. | 事实是 我现在都不想过来 |
[12:09] | I’d rather be comforting my friend who’s in a lot of pain, | 我宁愿安慰我很痛苦的朋友 |
[12:12] | but she doesn’t want me around | 但她不想让我待在身边 |
[12:14] | ’cause I told her the truth. | 因为我跟她说了实话 |
[12:19] | Well, I thought it was the truth. | 我以为那是实话 |
[12:24] | I guess it might’ve just been my opinion. | 我想那也许只是我的观点吧 |
[12:32] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[12:34] | I’ve turned into that obnoxious sober person | 我变成了那种讨厌的戒瘾人士 |
[12:37] | who tells everybody how to live their life. | 告诉别人该怎么过他们的生活 |
[12:40] | Meanwhile I’m wearing this stupid hat | 同时我戴着这顶愚蠢的帽子 |
[12:42] | ’cause I thought I could give myself a haircut. | 因为我以为我能给自己理发 |
[12:47] | Anyway, it’s my birthday | 总之 今天是我的生日 |
[12:50] | and if anybody’s hungry, | 如果有谁饿了 |
[12:51] | there’s 25 pounds of German chocolate brick on the table. | 桌上有25磅德式巧克力砖块 |
[12:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:00] | Don’t clap, I don’t want to wake him. | 别鼓掌 我不想吵醒他 |
[13:14] | Should you be out of bed? | 你该下床吗 |
[13:16] | No, but… | 不该 但是 |
[13:18] | I wanted to try being sad in another room. | 我想在另一个房间里难过 |
[13:22] | What you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[13:24] | Just having a late night snack. | 只是在吃宵夜 |
[13:28] | I wasn’t even hungry, | 我都不饿 |
[13:29] | but I saw you had the rib eye and the indoor grill. | 但我看见你有肋眼牛排和室内烧烤架 |
[13:34] | – What’s that? – Oh. | -那是什么 -对了 |
[13:37] | Some folks from the meeting sent it to congratulate you. | 互助会的一些人送你的 向你表示祝贺 |
[13:40] | Let me just make it go… away. | 我来扔了它 |
[13:44] | There, it’s gone. | 好了 不见了 |
[13:49] | Why’d I tell everyone at the meeting I was pregnant? | 我为什么要告诉互助会的所有人我怀孕了 |
[13:52] | It’s okay. You were excited. | 没事啊 你很激动 |
[13:55] | But now everybody’s gonna want to hug me, | 但现在大家都想抱我 |
[13:57] | and tell me how their sister or their cousin had a miscarriage. | 告诉我他们的姐妹或者表姐妹也流过产 |
[14:01] | Yeah, well, that’s the problem with support groups. | 这就是互助团体的问题 |
[14:03] | People will try to support you. | 人们会想支持你 |
[14:08] | Everybody’s gonna be thinking, | 大家都会想 |
[14:09] | “Oh, poor Jill, she has perfect cheek bones, | 可怜的吉尔 她的颧骨很完美 |
[14:12] | but she’ll never be a mom.” | 但她永远也当不成妈妈了 |
[14:14] | Why never? | 为什么是永远 |
[14:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:18] | Doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards. | 感觉没这个命 |
[14:22] | I just keep feeling like I’m being punished | 我一直觉得 我是因为生命中做过的错事 |
[14:24] | for all the things I did wrong in my life. | 而受到了惩罚 |
[14:26] | Oh, come on, if you had to be a good person to have a baby, | 拜托 如果你得是个好人才能怀孕 |
[14:28] | I wouldn’t have Christy. | 那我就不会怀克丽丝蒂了 |
[14:32] | Can we not talk about her right now? | 我们现在能别聊她了吗 |
[14:35] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:39] | But one thing. | 但是有件事 |
[14:40] | I know she really hurt your feelings when she said | 我知道当她说你也许不是最好的妈妈时 |
[14:43] | you might not make the best mother, | 伤了你的心 |
[14:44] | but that wasn’t about you. | 但那其实不是说你 |
[14:47] | It was about me. | 而是说我 |
[14:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:50] | I mean, in case you haven’t been listening the past few years, | 如果你最近几年都没听的话 |
[14:52] | I was a really lousy mother. | 我其实是个很糟糕的妈妈 |
[14:56] | So, what, she gets to take it out on me? | 那她就可以发泄在我身上吗 |
[14:58] | Oh, she takes it out on everyone. | 她对谁都发泄 |
[15:01] | We were at the movies once, | 我们有次去看电影 |
[15:03] | and she flipped out on a mom who bought her kid | 她冲着一个给自己小孩买了大瓶苏打水的妈妈 |
[15:04] | one of those giant sodas. | 发火了 |
[15:06] | – That’s bad? – Apparently. | -那是坏事吗 -显然 |
[15:14] | Maybe the reason that I was so upset is… | 也许我很生气的原因是 |
[15:19] | there’s a little part of me that’s afraid she was right. | 我内心深处害怕她说得对 |
[15:24] | She doesn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[15:26] | I grew up bouncing from one foster home to another. | 我长大时在寄养家庭之间被踢来踢去 |
[15:29] | I thought anyone who didn’t smack me around | 我觉得没有揍我的人 |
[15:31] | was mother of the year. | 就是年度最佳妈妈 |
[15:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[15:36] | The only thing I know for sure is that | 我唯一确定的是 |
[15:37] | if you had a baby, you would love it like crazy. | 如果你有了孩子 你会爱死他的 |
[15:41] | And that’s all that matters. | 那就是唯一重要的 |
[15:50] | When did you become the strong, supportive one? | 你什么时候成为坚强助人的人 |
[15:54] | Meat gives me strength. | 肉给了我力量 |
[16:01] | You sure you won’t come down and have breakfast with us? | 你确定你不下来跟我们吃早餐吗 |
[16:03] | I’m okay. | 不用了 |
[16:04] | Bonnie grilled me up some sea bass last night. | 邦妮昨晚给我烤了点黑鲈鱼 |
[16:09] | Hi. It’s me, your favorite person. | 你好 是我 你最爱的人 |
[16:15] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[16:18] | Yeah, sure. | 行啊 |
[16:22] | I’ll go see if Bonnie’s out of the pool. | 我去看看邦妮出泳池了没 |
[16:24] | She’s not. | 没有 |
[16:25] | You might want to bring her a robe. | 你最好给她拿件浴袍 |
[16:31] | I hope you understand when I said the things I said, | 我希望你明白 我说的那些话 |
[16:36] | it was because you were in a dark place, | 只是因为你当时很消沉 |
[16:38] | and I was worried you were trying to get pregnant | 我担心你想怀孕 |
[16:40] | for the wrong reasons. | 是出于错误的原因 |
[16:44] | But I never should’ve said | 但我不该说 |
[16:46] | you weren’t cut out to be a mother. | 你不是做妈妈的料 |
[16:48] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:51] | I had no right to tell you how to live your life. | 我无权告诉你该如何过你的生活 |
[16:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:58] | And I really miss being your friend. | 我很想念做你的朋友 |
[17:02] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你 |
[17:12] | It’s my baby app. | 是我的宝宝应用 |
[17:15] | Today would’ve been day 57. | 今天应该是57天 |
[17:33] | – Sorry I’m late. – It’s okay. | -抱歉我来晚了 -没事 |
[17:35] | How’d it go at the doctor’s? | 医生怎么说 |
[17:36] | Fine, he said that | 挺好的 他说 |
[17:37] | I could start trying to get pregnant again if I want to. | 如果我愿意的话 可以再次尝试怀孕 |
[17:40] | Oh, that’s great news. | 真是好消息 |
[17:41] | Jill, I would really love another chance | 吉尔 我希望你再给我一次机会 |
[17:43] | to be your pregnancy partner. | 让我做你的怀孕伙伴 |
[17:45] | That’s sweet, but no. | 真贴心 但是不要了 |
[17:47] | I thought we were good. | 我还以为我们没事了 |
[17:48] | We are. | 是啊 |
[17:49] | I’ve just decided not to try again. | 我只是决定我不要再怀孕了 |
[17:52] | You don’t want to be a mom anymore? | 你不想做妈妈了吗 |
[17:54] | No, I do, but, um… | 我想的 但是 |
[17:56] | I think I’m gonna do it another way. | 我觉得我要以另一种方式做妈妈 |
[17:59] | I’m gonna foster a child. | 我要领养一个孩子 |
[18:01] | Jill, that’s wonderful. | 吉尔 太棒了 |
[18:02] | – I love that. – Really? That’s great. | -我喜欢 -真的吗 太棒了 |
[18:04] | Yeah, well, Bonnie was telling me | 邦妮跟我说 |
[18:06] | about what a rough time she had | 她曾度过了一段艰难的时光 |
[18:07] | and how there’s all these kids | 有许多孩子 |
[18:08] | who bounce around the system. | 在寄养系统之间被踢来踢去 |
[18:10] | And I can’t think of anything better | 我觉得最好的主意 |
[18:12] | than to be able to give one of them a good home. | 就是给其中一位孩子一个温暖的家 |
[18:16] | That’s gonna be one lucky kid. | 那会是个很幸运的孩子 |
[18:17] | Hold up, just to be clear, | 等等 我想搞清楚 |
[18:20] | something I said | 我说的话 |
[18:22] | changed the course of your life for the better? | 让你的人生历程变得更好吗 |
[18:25] | Yeah, feels like it. | 感觉像是 |
[18:27] | Are you listening to this? | 你听到了吗 |
[18:29] | I heard. | 我听到了 |
[18:31] | So we all agree, | 我们都同意了 |
[18:32] | I’m our new leader. | 我是我们的新领袖 |
[18:36] | First order of business, what are we gonna do about Christy’s hair? | 第一议程 我们要怎么处理克丽丝蒂的发型 |