时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hi, Bonnie, alcoholic. | 大家好 我是邦妮 酒瘾者 |
[00:04] | Hi, Bonnie. | 你好 邦妮 |
[00:05] | Well, as if being a single mom wasn’t stressful enough… | 好像做单亲妈妈压力还不够似的 |
[00:10] | What? | 什么 |
[00:10] | …I’m also the manager of an apartment building. | 我还是公寓大楼的管理员 |
[00:12] | Anyway, the owners of the building have started this thing | 总之 大楼的业主开始搞什么 |
[00:15] | called an “Annual performance evaluation,” | 年度业绩评估 |
[00:17] | which is worrisome ’cause, uh…. | 挺让人心烦的 |
[00:20] | no one in the building really likes me. | 因为大楼里的人都不喜欢我 |
[00:23] | So, I called Marjorie and she said, | 于是我打电话给玛乔丽 她说 |
[00:25] | “Bonnie, nothing changes | 邦妮 你不做出改变 |
[00:26] | If nothing changes. | 就不会有所改变 |
[00:28] | Just do one thing different | 试着改变一点 |
[00:30] | and see what happens.” | 再看结果 |
[00:33] | Do I really sound like that? | 我说话真这样吗 |
[00:35] | No. | 不 |
[00:36] | So, starting today, | 所以今天开始 |
[00:39] | when a tenant asks me to fix something, | 有租户让我修东西 |
[00:41] | I’m gonna give ’em this finger | 我会竖起这根手指 |
[00:42] | instead of the one I want to give ’em. | 而不是中间的那根 |
[00:45] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[00:48] | Who’d like to go next? | 谁想接着分享 |
[00:49] | I will. | 我来 |
[00:51] | Hi, I’m Jill, I’m an alcoholic. | 我是吉尔 我是酒瘾者 |
[00:52] | Hi, Jill. | 你好 吉尔 |
[00:53] | Well, I have my final meeting | 今天我会和社工 |
[00:54] | with my caseworker today, where they tell me | 见最后一次 他们会告诉我 |
[00:56] | if I’m approved to be a foster parent. | 是否批准我做寄养家长 |
[00:59] | I’ve done everything they asked– | 他们要求的我都做了 |
[01:00] | I put a big ugly fence around my pool, | 泳池旁边装了很丑的栅栏 |
[01:03] | childproofed my whole kitchen. | 厨房也全部装了防儿童受伤的保护装置 |
[01:06] | It takes me ten minutes to get a damn cracker. | 我花了十分钟才拿到块饼干 |
[01:11] | I am terrified. | 我非常害怕 |
[01:13] | I want this so bad. | 我太想成功了 |
[01:15] | I called Marjorie about it. She said, | 我打电话给玛乔丽 她说 |
[01:17] | “Jill, you are in the actions business. | 吉尔 你负责行动 |
[01:19] | God is in the results business.” | 上帝负责结果 |
[01:21] | You sure I don’t sound like that? | 你确定我说话不是这样吗 |
[01:24] | Not at all. | 完全不是 |
[01:26] | So, I guess we’ll see what God’s got in mind | 那我们就看看上帝在今天下午1点半 |
[01:28] | this afternoon at 1:30. | 是怎么想的 |
[01:30] | Wouldn’t hurt if y’all said a little prayer for me. | 大家为我祈祷下会很好 |
[01:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:37] | If you want, I’ll go to your appointment with you. | 你想的话 我陪你一起去 |
[01:40] | You’d do that? | 你愿意吗 |
[01:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:42] | It’s like Marjorie always says, | 就像玛乔丽经常说的 |
[01:44] | “Christy, in this program, | 克丽丝蒂 在这一组织中 |
[01:46] | we never have to do anything alone.” | 我们从来不必独自应对 |
[01:51] | You don’t really sound like that. | 你说话真不是这样的 |
[01:59] | Excuse me, sweetie, | 不好意思 亲爱的 |
[02:00] | are you here with a grown-up? | 你和大人一起来的吗 |
[02:03] | I am a grown-up. | 我就是大人 |
[02:05] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:07] | I thought you were a foster child. | 我以为你是寄养的孩子 |
[02:10] | If you have a spare mother, I’m open to it! | 如果你有多余的妈妈 我没意见 |
[02:15] | Hey, what’d they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[02:16] | Let’s just go. | 我们走 |
[02:18] | Wait, what happened? | 等等 出什么事了 |
[02:20] | They turned me down. | 他们拒绝我了 |
[02:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:22] | My caseworker thinks I haven’t been sober long enough. | 我的社工认为我戒瘾的时间还不够长 |
[02:25] | I can apply again in a year. | 我可以一年后再申请 |
[02:27] | Oh, Jill. | 吉尔 |
[02:29] | I’m not saying I’m gonna do it, | 我没说我打算这样做 |
[02:30] | but this is kind of a Xanax moment. | 但现在适应来点镇静剂 |
[02:32] | No, hold on. This isn’t right. | 等等 这不对 |
[02:34] | Wait here. | 等着 |
[02:37] | Hey! You listen to me. | 喂 你听我说 |
[02:39] | You are making a gigantic mistake | 你拒绝吉尔·肯德尔 |
[02:40] | turning down Jill Kendall. | 是犯了天大的错误 |
[02:42] | We’re both in AA and I can tell you | 我们在同一个互助会 我可以告诉你 |
[02:43] | she is totally committed to her sobriety. | 她戒瘾的决心非常坚定 |
[02:45] | Thank you. And she will make one hell of a foster mother! | 谢谢 她会成为非常优秀的养母 |
[02:48] | There’s a poor little child out there who needs her, | 外面有个可怜的孩子需要她 |
[02:51] | and shame on you for standing in the way! | 你在这里碍事真不要脸 |
[02:53] | Shame! | 真不要脸 |
[03:17] | – Sorry I’m late. – Where have you been? | -抱歉我迟到了 -你去哪里了 |
[03:19] | Managing a 32-unit apartment building. | 管理有32套房间的公寓大楼 |
[03:21] | Some of us work for a living, Wendy. | 我们中某些人是靠工作过生活的 温蒂 |
[03:23] | I’m an emergency room nurse. | 我是急诊室护士 |
[03:25] | And I actually help people. | 而我真的帮助了别人 |
[03:28] | Case in point, Mrs. Slivkin in 2E | 说到帮助人 2E的斯利文金太太 |
[03:30] | now has a working light fixture in her bathroom. | 现在厕所里有了能正常使用的灯 |
[03:32] | Ignoring her took six months, fixing it took six minutes. | 无视她花了六个月 修理花了六分钟 |
[03:35] | There’s a lesson in there somewhere. | 这里面有个教训 |
[03:41] | It’s my caseworker. | 是社工 |
[03:42] | What does she want, to reject me again? | 她想再次拒绝我吗 |
[03:45] | Hey, Barbara, what’s up? | 芭芭拉 什么事 |
[03:49] | That’s amazing. | 太棒了 |
[03:50] | Your crazy little outburst changed her mind. | 你疯狂的爆发让她改变主意了 |
[03:53] | You should have seen me. I actually spit a little. | 你们应该看我当时的样子 都说的喷口水了 |
[03:58] | Really, already? | 这么快吗 |
[03:59] | They have a child for me. | 他们有个孩子要送到我这里 |
[04:01] | – Awesome. – That’s great. | -太好了 -真棒 |
[04:02] | It’s a little girl named Emily. | 是个叫艾米莉的小女孩 |
[04:05] | Oh, I always wanted a girl. | 我一直想要个女孩 |
[04:12] | Oh, that’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[04:14] | She’s 14 months old. | 她14个月 |
[04:16] | Baby shower. | 宝宝送礼会 |
[04:17] | Excuse me, what? | 不好意思 什么 |
[04:20] | 14 years old. | 14岁 |
[04:26] | I’m sorry, can I call you right back? | 抱歉 回头回你电话好吗 |
[04:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:31] | Teenage girl, she’s bounced around the system for a while, | 青春期少女 在寄养家庭转来转去有段时间了 |
[04:34] | dad’s gone, mom’s an addict. | 爸爸不在了 妈妈是瘾君子 |
[04:36] | She sounds like our people. | 听起来和我们志同道合 |
[04:39] | What are you thinking? | 你觉得呢 |
[04:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:42] | I mean, this whole time, I’ve only pictured myself with a baby. | 一直以来 我想象的都是小宝宝 |
[04:45] | I can’t dress a teenage girl like a bumblebee | 我不能把青春期少女打扮成大黄蜂 |
[04:48] | and make it my Christmas card. | 拍照片做成圣诞卡 |
[04:51] | But think about all the good you can do for this girl. | 但想想你能为这个女孩带来的帮助 |
[04:53] | Yeah, I lived this. No one wants an older foster kid. | 我经历过 没人想要年纪大的寄养孩子 |
[04:56] | You’re like one of those hot dogs at the gas station | 他们就像加油站的热狗 |
[04:58] | that’s been on the roller too long. | 在滚筒上被烤了太久了 |
[05:01] | You have a chance to do something wonderful here. | 你有机会做一件非常了不起的事 |
[05:03] | Right. | 对 |
[05:04] | You can help this girl not turn into | 你可以帮这个女孩不变成 |
[05:06] | an old hot dog like my mom. | 我妈这样的过期热狗 |
[05:13] | Do you have to give ’em an answer right away? | 你必须马上回答他们吗 |
[05:16] | No, the next step would be | 不是 下一步 |
[05:17] | to meet and see if we like each other. | 是我们见面 看是否喜欢对方 |
[05:19] | I guess I can do that much. | 我想我可以 |
[05:23] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[05:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:25] | Slivkin. I fixed the light in her bathroom, | 斯利文金 我修好了她厕所的灯 |
[05:26] | now she can see the black mold in her shower. | 现在她可以看到淋浴里的黑霉 |
[05:29] | No good deed, huh? | 好心遭雷劈 对吧 |
[05:32] | Siri, what is black mold? | Siri 什么是黑霉 |
[05:37] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[05:38] | Does this say fun foster mom? | 这表示有趣的养母吗 |
[05:42] | It says Prince died and all I got was this lousy hat. | 这表示王子死了 我只得到顶烂帽子 |
[05:47] | It’s not really you. | 这不是你的风格 |
[05:50] | What about now? | 现在呢 |
[05:52] | Take the hat off, Jill. | 取下帽子 吉尔 |
[05:54] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[05:55] | Now that this thing is starting to get real, | 现在事情要成真了 |
[05:57] | I’m totally freaking out. | 我完全慌了 |
[05:58] | I don’t even know what she should call me. | 我甚至不知道她应该叫我什么 |
[06:00] | I mean, I’m not her mom, “Jill” Sounds too familiar, | 我不是她妈妈 吉尔听起来太亲密 |
[06:03] | and “Mama Jill” Sounds like I run a whorehouse. | “吉尔妈妈”听起来像妓院老鸨 |
[06:08] | You were a foster kid. | 你曾是个养女 |
[06:09] | What’d you call the people who took you in? | 你怎么称呼收养你的人 |
[06:11] | Unlucky. | 不幸 |
[06:14] | So, where are you meeting this girl? | 你在哪见这个女孩 |
[06:16] | My caseworker’s bringing her to the bistro. | 我的社工会带她去酒馆 |
[06:19] | It’s like the scariest first date of my life | 这就像我人生中最恐怖的第一次约会 |
[06:21] | and I went out with Dennis Rodman. | 而我可是和丹尼斯·罗德曼约过会的人 |
[06:26] | Okay, we need to come back to that eventually. | 好吧 我们迟早要好好唠唠那事 |
[06:29] | But, for today, just relax. | 但是今天 放松就好 |
[06:32] | Talk about clothes and boys. | 谈谈衣服和男孩 |
[06:34] | It’s your wheelhouse. | 你最擅长了 |
[06:35] | In a lot of ways, you are a 14-year-old girl. | 从很多方面来说 你就是一个14岁女孩 |
[06:38] | You always know just what to say. | 你总是知道该说什么话 |
[06:44] | So, how’s it going with all the tenants evaluating your performance? | 租户对你表现的评估怎么样了 |
[06:46] | How do you think it’s going, Christy? | 你觉得呢 克丽丝蒂 |
[06:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:53] | Yeah. On the plus side, | 但从好的一面说 |
[06:54] | I have learned a lot about myself. | 我对自己有了很多了解 |
[06:56] | Really? Like what? | 真的吗 比如什么 |
[06:58] | Well, apparently, your mother rubs people the wrong way. | 显然 你妈妈总是激怒别人 |
[07:01] | No. | 不是吧 |
[07:03] | I was surprised, too. | 我也很惊讶 |
[07:05] | Then, I read some of the reports. | 然后我读到了几个报告 |
[07:07] | They let you see them? | 她们让你看了吗 |
[07:08] | I may have steamed open a couple envelopes. | 我用蒸汽熏开了几个信封 |
[07:11] | And get this: | 听好了 |
[07:12] | people described me as “Lazy, untrustworthy,” | 人们形容我”懒惰 不值得信任” |
[07:16] | and in one memorable instance, | 其中比较难忘的一句是 |
[07:18] | “A useless broomstick with hair.” | “一根长头发的没用扫帚” |
[07:23] | Hey, one tenant called you my pet mouse. | 有个房客说你是我的宠物鼠 |
[07:26] | That’s so mean, I didn’t do anything. | 太刻薄了 我什么都没做 |
[07:27] | Oh, stop squeaking. | 别吱声了 |
[07:29] | So, what’s gonna happen? | 那会发生什么 |
[07:30] | If you lose this job, we lose the apartment. | 如果你丢掉工作 我们就会失去公寓 |
[07:33] | Thanks, I’d actually forgotten that for a couple of minutes. | 谢谢 我好不容易才忘了几分钟 |
[07:37] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[07:39] | Siri, remind me to pick up mousetraps on the way home. | Siri 提醒我在回家路上买老鼠夹 |
[07:47] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:49] | “Broomstick with hair.” | “长头发的扫帚” |
[07:54] | It’s Jill. | 是吉尔 |
[07:57] | Are you gonna answer it? | 你要接吗 |
[07:58] | Kind of have to. | 我不得不接 |
[08:03] | Hi. | 你好 |
[08:04] | I just want to thank you guys again | 我只想再次感谢你们 |
[08:06] | for being here with me. | 来这里陪我 |
[08:07] | She’s thanking us for being here. | 她感谢我们来这里 |
[08:09] | I can hear her. | 我能听见她 |
[08:12] | You sure you don’t want to sit with us? | 你们确定不想过来一起坐吗 |
[08:14] | You’ll be fine. We’re right here if you need us. | 你没事的 如果你需要 我们就在旁边 |
[08:17] | Oh, my God, they’re here. | 天啊 她们来了 |
[08:19] | Just remember, boys and shopping. | 记住 男孩和购物 |
[08:23] | Or cigarettes and shoplifting. | 或者香烟和偷窃 |
[08:26] | Hi, Barbara. | 芭芭拉 |
[08:29] | Hey, Emily, I’m Jill. What’s your name? | 艾米莉 我是吉尔 你叫什么 |
[08:32] | Emily. | 艾米莉 |
[08:34] | Right, of course, sorry. | 当然了 对不起 |
[08:36] | Uh, please, sit. | 请坐 |
[08:41] | I’m a little nervous. This is my first… | 我有点紧张 这是我第一次… |
[08:44] | whatever this is. | 做这种事 |
[08:45] | Not mine. | 我不是 |
[08:47] | Emily’s been in the foster system for quite some time now. | 艾米莉在寄养系统里待了挺长时间 |
[08:50] | Terrific. How do you like it? | 太好了 你喜欢吗 |
[08:56] | Hang on, I have a hat for you. | 等等 我给你准备了一顶帽子 |
[08:59] | Oh, not the hat. | 别给帽子 |
[09:03] | So, tell me about yourself. What do you like to do? | 那么 介绍一下你自己吧 你喜欢做什么 |
[09:07] | Um, I don’t know, draw and read, like, graphic novels. | 我不知道 画画读书吧 比如图画小说吧 |
[09:11] | Graphic? Like dirty books? | 图画 你是说小黄书吗 |
[09:14] | No. Uh, graphic novels are basically comic books, | 不 图画小说基本上就是漫画 |
[09:17] | maybe a little more sophisticated. | 也许更复杂世故一点 |
[09:20] | Oh, I read Archie when I was your age. | 我在你这么大时读过《阿奇》 |
[09:23] | Betty or Veronica, who’s he gonna choose? | 贝蒂和维罗妮卡 他会选谁呢 |
[09:26] | Archie was a comic book about teenagers. | 《阿奇》是一本讲年轻人的漫画 |
[09:29] | And the challenging problems they face, | 还有他们面临的挑战性难题 |
[09:31] | like “Who am I gonna take to the prom?” | 比如”我应该带谁去舞会” |
[09:35] | Why don’t you tell her about the graphic novel you’re working on. | 你为什么不告诉她你在写的图画小说 |
[09:39] | It’s kind of a post-apocalyptic doomsday story. | 基本上是个世界末日后启示录故事 |
[09:42] | Oh, neat. Is there a prom in it? | 真棒 里面有舞会吗 |
[09:49] | Oh, that girl’s not gonna pick me. | 那女孩不会选我的 |
[09:52] | I’ve watched The Bachelor enough to know I’m not getting a rose. | 我看的《单身汉》足够多 知道我得不到玫瑰 |
[09:55] | Ah, come on, there’s always hope. | 拜托 总是有希望的 |
[09:57] | We were there. No rose. | 我们在现场 没玫瑰 |
[10:01] | So, it didn’t work out with this young lady. | 和这个年轻女士没成功又怎样 |
[10:04] | You’ll take what you learned and use it moving forward. | 你可以吸取教训 用来进步 |
[10:06] | Yeah, well, I’m hoping for a baby next time. | 是啊 我下次希望是个婴儿 |
[10:08] | When babies don’t like you, | 婴儿不喜欢我的时候 |
[10:09] | they have the decency to keep it to themselves. | 会礼貌地不表现出来 |
[10:13] | Don’t be so sure. | 别那么肯定 |
[10:14] | This one’s first words were, “Leave me alone.” | 这家伙的第一句话是”离我远点” |
[10:17] | I think it was, “Love me,” | 我记得是”爱我” |
[10:18] | but it’s interesting that’s what you heard. | 但你听到的是这话发人深思 |
[10:25] | Hey, Barbara. | 芭芭拉 |
[10:26] | Listen, I know that didn’t go well, | 听着 我知道不是很顺利 |
[10:28] | but I am gonna take what I learned | 但是我会吸取经验 |
[10:29] | and use it moving forward. | 用来进步 |
[10:32] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[10:37] | Emily picked me! | 艾米莉选了我 |
[10:39] | Mama Jill’s in the house! | 我是吉尔妈妈啦 |
[10:40] | – Way to go. – Congratulations. | -好样的 -恭喜 |
[10:42] | Okay, so, do I come pick her up or do you guys deliver? | 好 是我去接她还是你们送货上门 |
[10:47] | Dear God, she thinks this is Amazon Prime. | 老天 她以为在网购呢 |
[10:50] | Oh. Yeah, that’s great. See you soon. | 是的 很好 一会儿见 |
[10:54] | I got to go. | 我必须走了 |
[10:55] | They’re dropping her off in two hours. | 他们两个小时后送她来 |
[10:57] | Son of a bitch, it is Amazon Prime. | 妈妈咪呀 真的是网购 |
[11:09] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[11:10] | Plan B. | B计划 |
[11:12] | I’m baking my famous banana bread for all the tenants. | 我在为所有租户烤我出名的香蕉蛋糕 |
[11:14] | It was only famous ’cause you put hash in it. | 出名是因为你在里面放了浓缩大麻 |
[11:20] | What was plan A? | A计划是什么 |
[11:21] | Doing my job, but I’d need a time machine for that. | 好好完成我的工作 但那需要一台时光机 |
[11:25] | You think banana bread’s gonna change people’s minds? | 你认为香蕉蛋糕能改变人们的主意吗 |
[11:27] | No, banana bread gets me in the door | 不 香蕉蛋糕是敲门砖 |
[11:29] | then I win them over with my natural charm | 然后我会用我的天生魅力 |
[11:32] | and mastery of hypnosis. | 和催眠大法征服他们 |
[11:35] | Oh, God, we’re moving again. | 天啊 我们又要搬家了 |
[11:37] | Yeah, maybe. | 是的 也许吧 |
[11:40] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[11:41] | Over to Jill’s, see how her first night went with her foster kid. | 吉尔家 看看她和养女第一晚过得怎么样 |
[11:45] | It was awkward and awful. | 尴尬而难受 |
[11:47] | You talked to her already? | 你跟她聊过了吗 |
[11:48] | Didn’t have to, I lived it. | 不用聊 我经历过 |
[11:50] | Every foster’s first night is like that. | 每个养子女的第一晚都是那样 |
[11:52] | Well, I can still help. | 我依然能帮上忙 |
[11:54] | I’ve got experience. | 我有经验 |
[11:55] | I could write a book about raising a teenage girl. | 关于抚养年轻女孩我都能写本书 |
[11:58] | What would you call it, | 书名叫什么 |
[11:59] | My Own Daughter Doesn’t Speak to Me, | 《我亲女儿从不和我说话 |
[12:00] | But Here’s What You Should Do? | 但你应该听我的建议》吗 |
[12:03] | Oh, and what would you call yours? | 那你的书叫什么 |
[12:05] | I’m Sure I Had a Kid Around Here Somewhere. | 《我家里某个地方肯定有个孩子》 |
[12:08] | Yeah. It’s not my fault you kept taking your leash off. | 是啊 你总是解开拴绳不是我的错 |
[12:16] | So, how was your first night? | 你们第一晚怎么样 |
[12:18] | A little rocky. | 不是很顺利 |
[12:20] | The One Direction bedspread did not go over well. | 单向乐队床单效果不是很好 |
[12:23] | I tried to tell you. | 我试着告诉过你 |
[12:25] | She must’ve liked the heated pool. | 她一定喜欢恒温泳池 |
[12:27] | I guess. | 我猜是吧 |
[12:28] | I’m still learning how to interpret her grunts. | 我还在学习如何解释她的咕哝声 |
[12:31] | Oh, yeah, 14-year-old girl. | 是啊 14岁的女孩 |
[12:34] | “How was your day?” | 你今天怎么样 |
[12:35] | “How was school?” | 在学校怎么样 |
[12:38] | It’s like living with somebody trapped under a rock. | 就像是跟被困在岩石下的人生活在一起 |
[12:42] | Oh, hey, there she is. | 她来了啊 |
[12:43] | How’d you sleep? | 你睡得怎么样 |
[12:47] | Can I get something to drink? | 我能拿点喝的吗 |
[12:48] | You don’t have to ask. You live here. | 你没必要问 你住这里 |
[12:53] | Emily, this is my friend, Christy. | 艾米莉 这是我朋友 克丽丝蒂 |
[12:55] | Christy, Emily. | 克丽丝蒂 这是艾米莉 |
[12:58] | Got any Gatorade? | 有佳得乐吗 |
[12:59] | Oh, I’m so sorry, no, but I do have coconut water. | 很抱歉 没有 但我有椰子汁 |
[13:02] | Do you like coconut water? | 你喜欢椰子汁吗 |
[13:04] | I don’t know. Does it taste like coconuts? | 我不知道 尝起来是椰子味吗 |
[13:08] | With a whisper of urine. | 有一丝尿味 |
[13:12] | You got a smile. | 她笑了 |
[13:14] | I’m taking an orange juice. | 我要喝橙汁 |
[13:15] | Great. Are you hungry? | 很好 你饿吗 |
[13:17] | I can have Soledad make you breakfast. | 我可以让索莱达给你做早餐 |
[13:19] | Pancakes, quiche, huevos rancheros. | 薄煎饼 乳蛋饼 墨西哥式煎蛋 |
[13:23] | She makes an egg white veggie frittata | 她做的蛋白蔬菜煎蛋饼 |
[13:24] | that’ll make you think you’re in the promised land. | 会让你以为你在乐土 |
[13:26] | Please make me stop talking. | 快让我闭嘴 |
[13:28] | Come and sit down with us. | 过来跟我们坐吧 |
[13:30] | Yeah, come on. Let’s chat. | 是啊 我们聊聊天 |
[13:40] | So, you like Rick and Morty, huh? | 你喜欢动画片《瑞克和莫蒂》啊 |
[13:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:43] | I got into it because of my son, but now I love it, too. | 因为我儿子我才看的 但我现在也喜欢了 |
[13:46] | Wubba-lubba-dub-dub. | 我好痛苦 请帮帮我[剧中台词] |
[13:53] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事啊 |
[13:59] | And when I close this door, | 我关上这扇门时 |
[14:01] | you will wake up, feel refreshed and like me. | 你将醒来 觉得神清气爽 并且喜欢我 |
[14:10] | Ooh, Mr. Munson, hang on, | 芒森先生 等等 |
[14:13] | let me get that bicycle out of your way. | 我帮你搬开挡路的自行车 |
[14:19] | Oh. Oh, well, uh, thank you, Bonnie. | 谢谢你 邦妮 |
[14:22] | That’s what I’m here for. | 我就是来帮助大家的嘛 |
[14:25] | Uh, everything okay in your apartment? | 你公寓里一切还好吧 |
[14:27] | You need anything fixed, replaced, hauled off? | 需要修补 替换或者搬走什么吗 |
[14:30] | What’s wrong with you, you back on the drugs? | 你什么毛病啊 复吸了吗 |
[14:34] | No, sir, I’m just trying to do my job. | 没有 我只是在恪尽职守 |
[14:36] | Uh-huh. This have something to do with that tenant evaluation | 这跟他们给我打电话说的 |
[14:39] | they called me about? | 租户评估有关吗 |
[14:41] | Did you talk to them? | 你跟他们聊过了吗 |
[14:43] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[14:45] | All right, let’s cut to the chase. | 直奔主题吧 |
[14:46] | What do you want, old man? | 你想要什么 老头 |
[14:49] | Pam Grier. | 女星帕姆·格里尔 |
[14:52] | Within reason. | 别狮子大开口 |
[14:53] | A woman who tells me she’s Pam Grier. | 一个告诉我她是帕姆·格里尔的女人 |
[14:59] | How about banana bread and a back rub? | 香蕉面包加按摩背怎么样 |
[15:01] | Deal. | 成交 |
[15:02] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[15:06] | Emily, these drawings are amazing. | 艾米莉 这些画好棒 |
[15:08] | You’re really talented. | 你真有才 |
[15:09] | Yeah, talented. | 是啊 有才 |
[15:13] | What’s the story? | 故事讲的是什么 |
[15:13] | Yes, I, too, would like to know. | 是啊 我也想知道 |
[15:18] | I don’t have it all figured out, | 我还没想到后续 |
[15:19] | but it’s about this girl after, like, an atomic war, | 但这故事讲的是原子战争之后的一个女孩 |
[15:22] | and she has to learn how to survive on her own. | 她得学会独立生存 |
[15:25] | Well, now that’s depressing. | 真压抑 |
[15:26] | I think it’s cool. | 我觉得很酷 |
[15:28] | Depressing and cool. | 既压抑又酷 |
[15:32] | So, what happens to her? | 她怎么了 |
[15:33] | I was just gonna ask that. | 我正准备问 |
[15:36] | She probably dies. | 她也许会死 |
[15:38] | Now, that’s cool. | 真酷 |
[15:39] | No, that’s depressing. | 不 那很压抑 |
[15:40] | Oh, I give up. | 老娘放弃了 |
[15:44] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[15:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:49] | Christy, I can’t do this. | 克丽丝蒂 我做不到 |
[15:51] | You should just take her home with you. | 你该带她回家 |
[15:52] | No. I already have a daughter I screwed up. | 不要 我已经跟一个女儿闹僵了 |
[15:55] | This one’s yours. | 这个归你了 |
[15:58] | But it’s so awkward. | 但好尴尬啊 |
[15:59] | I have nothing in common with her. | 我跟她毫无共同之处 |
[16:01] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[16:02] | She needs a home, she doesn’t need a buddy. | 她需要的是家 不是朋友 |
[16:05] | I know, but I really want her to like me. | 我知道 但我真的希望她喜欢我 |
[16:07] | Then you shouldn’t have signed up to be a mom. | 那你就不该签字当领养妈妈 |
[16:11] | Hey, how about, how about you and Bonnie come live here | 这样吧 你和邦妮过来住 |
[16:14] | and help me with her? | 帮我跟她处好关系 |
[16:17] | We might have to take you up on that. | 我们也许得接受你的提议 |
[16:19] | Let’s see how the banana bread goes. | 看看香蕉面包的情况吧 |
[16:23] | Oh, great. Now I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 真棒 我现在连你的话都听不懂了 |
[16:27] | Christy, this was a mistake. | 克丽丝蒂 这是个错误 |
[16:30] | When people don’t like me at first, they never like me. | 人们一开始不喜欢我时 就再也不会喜欢我了 |
[16:33] | I don’t have a chance with her. | 我跟她没希望的 |
[16:35] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[16:36] | I didn’t like you at first. | 我一开始就不喜欢你 |
[16:40] | You didn’t? | 是吗 |
[16:41] | Nope. I thought you were self-obsessed and spoiled | 是啊 我觉得你自恋 娇生惯养 |
[16:44] | and your teeth were so white it made me angry. | 你的牙齿好白 让我好生气 |
[16:48] | But then I got to know you, | 但接着我慢慢解了你 |
[16:50] | and now I can’t imagine my life without you in it. | 现在我无法想象生活中没有你 |
[16:53] | Now, go out there | 现在出去吧 |
[16:54] | and keep talking to her until you find some way to connect. | 继续跟她聊天 直到你找到交流的方式 |
[17:00] | I’m sorry, I just can’t. | 抱歉 我做不到 |
[17:03] | Do you want me to leave? | 你要我走吗 |
[17:06] | I can call my caseworker. | 我可以打给我的社工 |
[17:10] | No. | 不 |
[17:12] | I want you to stay very much. | 我很希望你留下 |
[17:17] | I’m just so bad at this. | 我只是很不擅长 |
[17:20] | I think you’re doing okay. | 我觉得你做得还行 |
[17:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:29] | Did you hear what she said? | 你听见了她说的话吗 |
[17:32] | She thinks I’m doing okay. | 她觉得我做得还行 |
[17:36] | I have never once heard that from my daughter. | 我从来没听过我女儿说这句话 |
[17:40] | Hang in there. | 别难过 |
[17:47] | Hey, Violet, it’s your mother. | 维奥莉特 我是你妈 |
[17:49] | Just checking in, haven’t heard from you in awhile. | 只是来问问情况 有阵子没你的消息了 |
[17:52] | I thought maybe you and Luke | 我想着也许你和卢克 |
[17:53] | might want to come over for dinner on Sunday, | 周日想来吃晚餐 |
[17:56] | unless you broke up with him, | 除非你和他分手了 |
[17:57] | in which case, bring the new guy. | 这样的话就带新男友来吧 |
[17:59] | Love you, bye. | 爱你 再见 |
[18:08] | Hey. What’s going on here? | 这里怎么回事啊 |
[18:11] | Just chilling with my favorite tenant. | 跟我最爱的房客一起玩呢 |
[18:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:16] | Hi, Beverly. | 你好 贝弗莉 |
[18:17] | Mouse. | 小老鼠 |
[18:22] | You’re still gonna wax me, right? | 你还是要给我蜜蜡脱毛吧 |
[18:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:35] | So, Jill, how’s it going with your foster kid? | 吉尔 你和你的寄养孩子处得怎么样 |
[18:41] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[18:43] | That’s teenager for “Okay.” | 那是青少年的”还行” |
[18:46] | Now, you see what happens when you… | 你看出会发生什么了吧… |
[18:48] | Oh, God, I do sound like that. | 天啊 我说话的确这样 |
[18:54] | Yes! Thank you, God! | 真棒 谢谢你 上帝 |
[18:56] | You passed the evaluation? | 你通过评估了吗 |
[18:57] | Close enough. I’m on probation! | 差不多 我处于试用期 |
[19:00] | – Congratulations. – Probation party! | -恭喜 -试用期派对 |
[19:02] | What did you do to turn it around? | 你做了什么事扭转了局势 |
[19:03] | A lot of things I’m ashamed of! | 许多我为之羞愧的事 |
[19:06] | Waitress, a round of hot water and lemon for my friends! | 服务员 给我的朋友们上热水和柠檬 |