时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | *Happy birthday, dear Christy* | *祝你生日快乐 亲爱的克丽丝蒂* |
[00:04] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[00:07] | *Keep coming back.* | *岁岁有今朝* |
[00:11] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[00:13] | Jazz hands. | 爵士手势 |
[00:14] | Those aren’t jazz hands. | 这不是爵士手势 |
[00:15] | These are jazz hands. | 这才是爵士手势 |
[00:19] | Excuse me, I went to dance camp. | 不好意思 我参加过舞蹈夏令营 |
[00:21] | These are jazz hands. | 这才是爵士手势 |
[00:24] | Can I blow out my candles now? | 我可以吹蜡烛了吗 |
[00:25] | Yeah, yeah, go ahead. | 吹吧 |
[00:31] | Speech. | 说两句 |
[00:32] | – Yeah, speech. – Say something. | -对 说两句 -说点什么 |
[00:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:36] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:37] | Ugh. I really can’t believe I’ve been sober for four years. | 我真的不敢相信我已经戒瘾四年了 |
[00:41] | I mean, think about it. | 想想看 |
[00:42] | That’s a long time to go without puking. | 没有呕吐的情况下 四年还挺漫长的 |
[00:44] | You did have a stomach flu. | 你曾经得过肠胃炎 |
[00:46] | Any puke that’s not flammable is a happy puke. | 不吐出易燃物的呕吐都是开心的 |
[00:51] | Anyway, I’m really grateful to be sober, | 总之 我真的感恩自己戒瘾了 |
[00:54] | and I’m really grateful to have friends who I love so much. | 感恩拥有我深爱的朋友 |
[00:59] | Yeah, I see you there. | 我看到你了 |
[01:03] | Christy, I’m so proud of you. | 克丽丝蒂 我真为你骄傲 |
[01:04] | You’ve grown so much. | 你成长了许多 |
[01:06] | Thank you. You’ve been a big part of it. | 谢谢 你有大部分的功劳 |
[01:09] | Hey, everybody, I just want you to know, | 各位 我想告诉大家 |
[01:11] | dinner and dessert, it’s all on me. | 晚餐和甜点我请 |
[01:13] | – Mom, you didn’t have to do that. – Thanks, Bonnie. | -妈 你太客气了 -谢谢你 邦妮 |
[01:14] | About friggin’ time. | 也是时候了 |
[01:16] | Hey, I have grown, too. | 我也成长了 |
[01:17] | I’ve got a good job, I’m in a stable relationship, | 我有份好工作 恋情稳定 |
[01:20] | when the doorbell rings, I no longer hide in an air vent. | 门铃响起时 我不再躲进通风管里 |
[01:22] | She’s like a rat. | 她像老鼠 |
[01:23] | If her nose can get in, she can get in. | 鼻子能进去 身体就能过 |
[01:28] | I’m sorry, your card got declined. | 抱歉 卡被拒刷 |
[01:29] | Quelle surprise. | 真意外啊 |
[01:32] | Hold on, you’ve obviously screwed this up. | 等等 显然你没刷对 |
[01:34] | How about you skedaddle back and run it through again. | 你不如赶紧回去再刷一次 |
[01:37] | Actually, they told me to destroy it, | 事实上 照规矩卡是要被剪掉的 |
[01:39] | but I was being nice, you ungrateful giraffe. | 但我很客气 你这个不懂感恩的长颈鹿 |
[01:45] | Well, clearly, I am the victim of identity theft. | 显然 我是身份盗用的受害者 |
[01:48] | Oh, please. Whose life is so sad they’d rather be you? | 得了 还有谁的人生悲催到宁愿成为你 |
[02:10] | Uh-huh. All right. | 好的 |
[02:12] | Well, that clears it up. | 明白了 |
[02:14] | Thanks. You have a nice day, too. | 谢谢 也祝你今天愉快 |
[02:16] | Okay, I know why my card was declined. | 好的 我知道为什么我的卡被拒刷了 |
[02:23] | Are we supposed to guess? | 要我们猜吗 |
[02:24] | It’s not a big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[02:26] | Did you put cheese in these? | 这里面放了芝士吗 |
[02:27] | – Is she kidding? – She’s deflecting. | -她开玩笑吗 -她转移话题 |
[02:29] | She does that when she’s scared. | 她害怕时会这样做 |
[02:30] | I’m not scared, you’re scared. | 我没害怕 你才害怕 |
[02:34] | Mmm. Tastes like Monterey Jack? | 味道像杰克芝士 |
[02:36] | Tell us! | 告诉我们 |
[02:38] | Fine. Apparently, the IRS put a lien on my account. | 好的 国税局冻结了我的账户 |
[02:42] | Oh, Mom. | 妈 |
[02:43] | How much money do you owe? | 你欠了多少钱 |
[02:45] | Ten grand, give or take. | 差不多一万吧 |
[02:48] | – What does that mean? – 18. | -这是什么意思 -一万八 |
[02:51] | What? | 什么 |
[02:51] | How does that happen? | 怎么会这样的 |
[02:53] | We live here rent free ’cause I’m the building manager. | 我们免费住这里 因为我是大楼管理员 |
[02:56] | Apparently, that counts as income. | 显然这个要算作收入 |
[02:58] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[02:59] | Oh, relax. I’ve got no money. | 放轻松 我没钱 |
[03:01] | They can’t get blood out of a rock. | 他们没办法从石头中吸血 |
[03:02] | Yeah, but they can put the rock in jail. | 对 但他们可以把石头送进监狱 |
[03:04] | No, they wouldn’t do that to me. | 不 他们不会这样对我的 |
[03:06] | I am a nice sober lady now. | 现在我是戒酒的好女人 |
[03:08] | I’m a card-carrying member of AARP. | 我是退休协会的正式会员 |
[03:12] | Great. | 很好 |
[03:13] | So you’ll enjoy the senior discount | 在监狱用品供应部 |
[03:14] | at the prison commissary. | 你可以享受老年人折扣 |
[03:16] | Okay, you guys are kind of freaking me out. | 你们吓着我了 |
[03:18] | You should be freaked out. | 你本来就应该害怕 |
[03:21] | I don’t want to go to jail again. | 我不想又去坐牢 |
[03:23] | When I’m gay, I want it to be on my terms. | 我想按自己的意愿当同志 |
[03:30] | How can you just sit there and stuff your face with ice cream? | 你怎么能坐在这里吃冰淇淋 |
[03:33] | I wanted a snack before I walk the Green Mile. | 送我上刑场前 我要先来点零食 |
[03:36] | Look, Adam offered to lend you the money. | 亚当主动借钱给你 |
[03:38] | Why don’t you just take it? | 你为什么不接受呢 |
[03:39] | No, ’cause we both know what happens then. | 不 因为我们都知道以后会怎样 |
[03:41] | Every time I sleep with him, I’m trying to pay it off. | 每次和他上床 我都会额外卖力 |
[03:44] | Who needs the lockjaw? | 谁想落一个牙关紧闭症 |
[03:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:47] | Now you decide to have standards? | 现在你决定拥有道德标准吗 |
[03:49] | You need a lawyer. | 你需要律师 |
[03:50] | Yeah, but then they’re gonna send a bill, | 是 但他们也会寄账单来 |
[03:52] | and I’m down on my knees again. | 我又得跪下了 |
[03:55] | I bet Steve would do it pro bono. | 我想史蒂夫愿意提供无偿服务 |
[03:58] | It means “For free.” | 意思是不收费 |
[04:00] | Oh. That’s a thought. | 这个可以啊 |
[04:02] | I slept with him pro bono, so he actually owes me. | 我在床上为他提供无偿服务 他欠我的 |
[04:11] | Hola. | 你好 |
[04:13] | Hey, Steve, it’s Bonnie. | 史蒂夫 我是邦妮 |
[04:15] | Hey, stranger, long time. | 陌生人 好久不见 |
[04:17] | Yeah, haven’t seen you in a while. | 有段时间没见了 |
[04:19] | Where you been hiding out? | 你躲到哪里去了 |
[04:21] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[04:25] | I’m just making small talk. | 只是闲聊 |
[04:27] | Oh. Be careful with that. | 小心说话 |
[04:30] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[04:32] | Yeah, everything’s fine. | 对 很好 |
[04:33] | I, uh, lost a case and the kid went to jail. | 我输了官司 有个人去坐牢了 |
[04:36] | That’s too bad. | 太遗憾了 |
[04:37] | No, he should be in jail. | 不 他应该坐牢 |
[04:38] | He’s a monster. | 他是禽兽 |
[04:41] | The bad part is that his uncle is a Mexican drug lord, | 不好的地方在于他的叔叔是墨西哥大毒枭 |
[04:45] | kind of a vindictive guy, | 为人记仇 |
[04:47] | so I thought it prudent to leave the country. | 所以我想离开美国是明智的 |
[04:49] | Smart move. Where’d you go? | 明智 你去了哪里 |
[04:52] | Mexico. | 墨西哥 |
[04:56] | I can’t believe I slept with this guy. | 真不敢相信我和他上过床 |
[04:59] | So why’d you call? | 你为什么打电话找我 |
[05:03] | Well, it’s a little embarrassing, | 有点尴尬 |
[05:05] | but the truth is I butt-dialed you. | 手机放屁股口袋里误按了你的号 |
[05:08] | Oh, so a happy accident. | 快乐的意外 |
[05:11] | Hello to your butt. | 跟你的屁股问好 |
[05:13] | Want to hear some irony? | 想听听讽刺的事吗 |
[05:15] | Turns out, I’m allergic to pinto beans. | 原来 我对斑豆过敏 |
[05:23] | So, bottom line, I need a good tax attorney. | 总之 我需要一个好的税务律师 |
[05:26] | Maybe somebody I can work a trade with. | 我可以以身抵律师费的 |
[05:27] | You know, house-sit, paint the garage. | 照看房子 刷车库 |
[05:30] | All I have is an adoption attorney and a divorce attorney. | 我只有领养律师和离婚律师 |
[05:34] | Oh, and a malpractice guy | 还有医疗事故律师 |
[05:35] | for when I had to have my boobs re-jiggered. | 我隆胸时请的 |
[05:39] | That’s not gonna do it. | 不行的 |
[05:41] | I have a patent attorney. | 我有专利律师 |
[05:45] | Yes, I invented something, | 对 我发明了什么 |
[05:46] | and no, I will not tell you what it is. | 不 我不会告诉你们是什么 |
[05:50] | What about what’s-his-name, your half-brother? | 那个谁呢 你同母异父的弟弟 |
[05:52] | Ray? I can’t go to him. I just met the guy. | 雷 我不能去找他 我刚认识他 |
[05:54] | I’m not gonna hit him up for a favor. | 我不能找他帮忙 |
[05:56] | You were also kind of a dick to him. | 你对他态度太冲了 |
[05:58] | Takes two to dick. | 两个人都冲才能干起来 |
[06:00] | Not with my new invention. | 用我的新发明就不用两个人 |
[06:06] | Hey, why not have Christy represent you? | 为什么不让克丽丝蒂代理你 |
[06:08] | Oh, that’s a good idea. She’s almost a lawyer. | 这是个好主意 她是个准律师 |
[06:11] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[06:12] | I’m not even in law school yet. | 我还没上法学院呢 |
[06:14] | I still have to take a gym class. | 我还得上体育课呢 |
[06:17] | Your mom’s not up for murder, she just owes some money. | 你妈妈又不是犯了谋杀案 她只是欠了点钱 |
[06:19] | The IRS just wants to make a deal. | 国税局只想做个交易 |
[06:21] | They don’t try to put anybody in jail. | 他们不会让任何人坐牢的 |
[06:23] | They put Wesley Snipes in jail. | 他们让韦斯利·斯奈普斯坐牢了 |
[06:25] | Not helping, Wendy. | 你没在帮忙 温蒂 |
[06:27] | It’s just that they robbed us of so many action-packed movies. | 只是他们夺走了我们好多动作片 |
[06:33] | You could do it. | 你能做到的 |
[06:35] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[06:36] | Do you know anything about taxes? | 你对税务了解吗 |
[06:38] | I know you’re supposed to pay them. | 我知道你应该交税 |
[06:41] | That’s more than me. You’re hired. | 比我懂得多 你被雇了 |
[06:45] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[06:46] | Can I plead insanity? | 我能声称精神不正常吗 |
[06:49] | You can plead you’re a magical elf, | 你可以声称自己是魔法精灵 |
[06:51] | you’re still gonna owe them 18 grand. | 你依然欠他们一万八 |
[06:53] | I don’t think I can help you, Mom. | 我觉得我帮不上你 妈妈 |
[06:55] | Hey, I did not raise you to be a quitter. | 我没把你抚养成一个轻言放弃者 |
[06:58] | The first half of that sentence is correct. | 那句话前半段是对的 |
[07:02] | Christy, I brought you some coffee. | 克丽丝蒂 我给你带了咖啡 |
[07:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:04] | Did you bring me one? | 给我带了吗 |
[07:05] | Give me a break, I only got one crotch. | 饶了我吧 我只有一个裆 |
[07:11] | Just to be clear, no matter how late I stay up tonight, | 澄清一下 不过我今晚熬多晚 |
[07:14] | I’m not gonna become a tax lawyer by tomorrow morning. | 明早也不会成为税务律师 |
[07:16] | Don’t say that. I believe in you. | 别这样说 我相信你 |
[07:18] | Yeah, well, who cares? | 是吗 谁在乎啊 |
[07:21] | All right, I see what’s happening here. | 好吧 我知道怎么回事了 |
[07:23] | Someone needs a little positivity. | 有人需要点正能量 |
[07:24] | Maybe this will help. | 也许这能帮上忙 |
[07:33] | Adam, make her stop. | 亚当 让她停下 |
[07:48] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[07:49] | This is actually kind of helping! | 这还真有帮助 |
[07:57] | This is the unhappiest place I’ve ever been, | 这是我去过的最不快乐的地方 |
[07:59] | and I’ve waited in line for eyeglasses at Costco. | 我可是在好市多排队买过眼镜的人 |
[08:04] | Stop talking. You’re making me nervous. | 别说了 你让我很紧张 |
[08:06] | What are you nervous about? Your neck isn’t on the line. | 你紧张什么 又不是你有危险 |
[08:08] | Hey, I have to pretend to be a lawyer, pretend we have a case | 我必须假装是个律师 假装我们有理有据 |
[08:11] | and pretend these stockings aren’t halfway up my ass. | 假装这双长筒袜没有快高到我屁股上 |
[08:15] | Sorry to keep you, but I’m on a liquid diet | 抱歉让你们久等 但我在吃流质饮食 |
[08:18] | and everything’s coming out basically how it went in. | 所有东西基本进去什么样 出来什么样 |
[08:23] | If you’re not feeling well, we could reschedule. | 如果你身体不适 我们可以改日再约 |
[08:25] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:26] | I’ve got ten minutes till the bell rings again. | 我在下次内急之前还有十分钟 |
[08:32] | So which one of you is Ms. Plunkett? | 哪位是普兰科特女士 |
[08:35] | Technically we both are, but she’s the defendant. | 严格来说我们都是 但她是被告 |
[08:38] | I’m Christy Plunkett, her daughter and legal advisor. | 我是克丽丝蒂·普兰科特 她的女儿兼法律顾问 |
[08:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:46] | All right, I looked over your file and it appears | 好 我看了你的报告 |
[08:48] | you didn’t declare income for the last three years. | 发现你过去三年没有申报收入 |
[08:51] | Can you explain that? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[08:52] | Yes, we can. | 我们可以 |
[08:53] | You don’t have to stand. | 你不用站起来 |
[08:55] | Okay, but while I’m up… | 好 但既然站起来了… |
[09:03] | We contend that this has been a misunderstanding. | 我们认为这是一个误会 |
[09:07] | My mom, A.K.A. Bonnie Plunkett, | 我妈妈 也就是邦妮·普兰科特 |
[09:09] | didn’t know she was supposed to report free rent as income. | 不知道她应该申报免租为收入 |
[09:12] | Yeah, you see, this is my first time managing a building. | 是的 这是我第一次管理一座大楼 |
[09:14] | I wasn’t aware of how it worked. You get that, right? | 我不知道该怎么做 你懂的对吧 |
[09:16] | No. | 不懂 |
[09:18] | So what did you do before you managed a building? | 你管理大楼之前做的是什么 |
[09:21] | Gosh, it’s been so long. | 天啊 那是很久以前了 |
[09:23] | I hardly remember what I had for breakfast. | 我连早饭吃的什么都记不清 |
[09:25] | I had spinach juice. | 我早饭喝的是菠菜汁 |
[09:30] | All right, let’s set aside the last three years. | 好吧 先把过去三年放一边 |
[09:33] | Great. | 太好了 |
[09:34] | What is of more concern to the IRS is | 国税局更担心的是 |
[09:36] | the fact that you haven’t filed taxes since… | 你从1996年开始就再没有 |
[09:41] | …1996. | 报过税 |
[09:44] | Christy? | 克丽丝蒂 |
[09:45] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[09:46] | Represent me. | 代理我啊 |
[09:51] | In light of this new information, | 鉴于这个最新信息 |
[09:54] | which the state should have disclosed during discovery… | 政府本该在发现阶段就公布… |
[09:57] | This isn’t a trial. | 这不是庭审 |
[09:58] | Noted. | 了解 |
[10:00] | Nevertheless, I would like to ask for | 虽然如此 我还是要求 |
[10:02] | an extension on this hearing. | 推迟这场听证会 |
[10:03] | It’s not a hearing. | 这不是听证会 |
[10:05] | Continuance? | 延期审理 |
[10:06] | Nope. | 不是 |
[10:08] | Could we please come back later? | 我们能晚点再来吗 |
[10:11] | Works for me. | 我无所谓 |
[10:12] | Just call for an appointment. | 提前预约就行 |
[10:15] | This is a gift from God. Run! | 这是上帝的馈赠 快跑 |
[10:21] | How on earth do you go 20 years without | 你是怎么在不缴税的情况下 |
[10:24] | paying your taxes? | 过了二十年的 |
[10:26] | Like we say in the program, one day at a time. | 就像我们在戒酒会里说的那样 一天一天慢慢来 |
[10:31] | So what happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[10:33] | Well, I got them to give us another week. | 我让他们再给了我们一周时间 |
[10:35] | Which means you’ve got a lot of work to do. | 这意味着你有很多工作要做 |
[10:37] | No. I am not a lawyer. | 不 我不是律师 |
[10:39] | I am a junior at a college that’s best known for Web design. | 我是一所以网页设计出名的大学的大三学生 |
[10:43] | It’s time to call Ray. | 该给雷打电话了 |
[10:44] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[10:45] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[10:46] | I want to meet your big shot half-black half-brother. | 我想见见你的半黑人混血同母异父大腕弟弟 |
[10:50] | Calm down, he’s gay. | 冷静 他是同性恋 |
[10:51] | You sure he’s not half gay? | 你确定他不是半同性恋吗 |
[10:54] | He’s half everything else. | 因为他在其他方面都是一半 |
[10:57] | We’re trying to keep my mom out of jail. | 我们在努力不让我妈妈坐牢 |
[10:59] | You can try and flip him later. | 你可以晚点再试着掰直他 |
[11:01] | I told you I’m not calling him. | 我说过我不会给他打电话的 |
[11:02] | Why are you blaming Ray for all the crap your mother did? | 你为什么把你妈妈做的破事怪在雷身上 |
[11:05] | I have to blame someone. Careful, you’re on deck. | 我必须怪某人 当心点 你也是候选人 |
[11:09] | Bonnie, you worked so hard to let go | 邦妮 你花了很大努力 |
[11:11] | of your resentment towards your mother. | 才不再怨恨你的母亲 |
[11:12] | Can’t you do the same for your brother? | 你不能为你的弟弟做同样的事吗 |
[11:14] | Well, that’s a little hard, Marjorie, | 这有点难 玛乔丽 |
[11:15] | since I have no idea why I resent him. | 因为我不知道我为什么恨他 |
[11:18] | Well, you better figure it out, | 你最好搞清楚 |
[11:20] | ’cause we’re meeting him tomorrow at 2:00. | 因为我们明天下午两点要和他见面 |
[11:22] | You already called him? | 你已经给他打过电话了 |
[11:23] | I sure did. | 当然 |
[11:25] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[11:26] | I don’t ask much of you, only what I give in return– | 我对你要求不高 只求你做到跟我一样 |
[11:30] | honesty, respect, and most importantly, trust. | 诚实 尊重 最重要的 信任 |
[11:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:39] | I do all those things! | 这些我都有做到 |
[11:41] | I just don’t brag about it. | 我只是不拿出来炫耀 |
[11:45] | I’m humble. | 我很谦虚 |
[11:48] | All right, screw all of you! | 好吧 去你们的 |
[11:54] | You believe this view? | 你能相信这景色吗 |
[11:56] | I get why rich people look down on us. | 难怪有钱人小瞧我们 |
[11:58] | It’s ’cause they really do. | 因为看起来真小 |
[12:01] | This is all pretentious crap. | 这些都是装模作样 |
[12:04] | Oh, look, | 瞧啊 |
[12:05] | I can keep brandy in a crystal decanter | 我可以把白兰地装在水晶瓶里 |
[12:07] | and drink moderately. | 适度地饮酒 |
[12:11] | Someday I want to sit in an office like this, | 以后我也想坐在这样的办公室里 |
[12:14] | wearing a Chanel suit and a Prada bag, | 穿着香奈儿西装 拿着普拉达包 |
[12:17] | all the while helping the poor. | 同时帮助穷人 |
[12:19] | If you plan on helping the poor, | 如果你打算帮助穷人 |
[12:20] | that bag’s gonna be a knock-off. | 那包肯定是假货 |
[12:23] | Hi, Ray. | 雷 |
[12:24] | Christy, good to see you. | 克丽丝蒂 很高兴见到你 |
[12:27] | Hi, Bonnie. | 邦妮 |
[12:30] | So, little trouble with the IRS, huh? | 跟国税局有点麻烦 是吧 |
[12:33] | Yes, I screwed up, | 是啊 我搞砸了 |
[12:34] | but they didn’t cover tax law in the orphanage. | 孤儿院没教税法 |
[12:37] | You were never in an orphanage. | 你从未去过孤儿院 |
[12:39] | It’s poetic license. | 这是诗的破格 |
[12:41] | You know what, maybe we should talk about | 这样吧 也许我们该先谈谈 |
[12:43] | the elephant in the room first. | 显而易见的问题 |
[12:45] | The elephant being I was abandoned by our mother | 问题是我们的妈妈抛弃了我 |
[12:47] | and you were kept? | 而留下了你吗 |
[12:47] | Bonnie, I get it. You got a raw deal. | 邦妮 我懂 你受到了不公平待遇 |
[12:50] | But you do understand I didn’t know you existed | 但你明白直到三个月前 |
[12:52] | until three months ago? | 我才意识到有你这个人吧 |
[12:53] | I know that. It’s just… | 我知道 只是 |
[12:55] | I mean, look what you’ve done with your life, | 瞧瞧你的人生 |
[12:57] | and look at mine. | 再看看我的 |
[12:59] | I mean, who is this, your boyfriend? | 这是谁 你的男友吗 |
[13:02] | What is he, a model? | 他是模特吗 |
[13:03] | He’s my husband. And yes. | 他是我丈夫 是模特 |
[13:07] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[13:08] | Look, I’m sorry this has been so painful for you. | 抱歉这对你来说很痛苦 |
[13:11] | But maybe there’s a silver lining in your tax problems. | 也许你的税收问题也有好处 |
[13:15] | We can use this to get to know each other, | 我们可以借此来了解对方 |
[13:17] | be brother and sister. | 做好姐弟 |
[13:19] | How can you not like this guy? | 你怎么能不喜欢他啊 |
[13:22] | I find ways not to like you, and you’re adorable. | 我都能想办法不喜欢你 而你这么萌 |
[13:28] | Bonnie, let me help you. | 邦妮 让我帮你 |
[13:32] | No strings attached. | 不附加条件 |
[13:36] | All right, but you owe me one. | 好吧 但你欠我个人情 |
[13:38] | Wait, why would I… | 等等 为什么 |
[13:40] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[13:42] | So clear this up for me. | 帮我弄弄明白 |
[13:44] | What kind of a person doesn’t pay taxes for 20 years? | 哪种人20年不纳税啊 |
[13:47] | Well, I like to think of myself as a folk hero. | 我喜欢自认为是民族英雄 |
[13:53] | So the money you didn’t pay the government | 你把没付给政府的钱 |
[13:55] | you gave to the poor? | 给了穷人吗 |
[13:56] | Well, speaking as a poor person, yes. | 作为一个穷人 是的 |
[14:01] | All right, I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do. | 好吧 我跟你说我们要怎么做 |
[14:04] | We’ll go to the IRS next week | 下周我们去国税局 |
[14:05] | and try to cut some kind of a deal. | 想办法达成协议 |
[14:07] | See what happens when you have a real lawyer? | 看见你有真律师时会发生什么吗 |
[14:09] | Oh, don’t be so humble. | 别这么谦虚 |
[14:11] | I’m gonna be using your notes. | 我要用你的笔记 |
[14:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:13] | You did some nice work in here. | 你做得很好 |
[14:15] | In fact, | 实际上 |
[14:16] | when I go back to the IRS, why don’t you come with me? | 我回国税局时 你也跟着一起来吧 |
[14:19] | You don’t have to do that. | 你没必要这样做 |
[14:20] | I’m not doing you a favor. You’d be a big help. | 我没在帮你忙 你会对我有帮助 |
[14:24] | That’s great. I’d love to join you guys. | 太棒了 我很乐意跟你们去 |
[14:26] | Oh, she’s not going. | 她不去 |
[14:31] | I’m not? | 是吗 |
[14:32] | Oh, God, no. | 天啊 绝对不要 |
[14:33] | That’s really the only mistake you made. | 这是你犯的唯一一个错 |
[14:41] | Seriously? You’re just gonna watch hockey | 真的吗 我危在旦夕之际 |
[14:43] | while my life hangs in the balance? | 你就打算看冰球吗 |
[14:45] | Kind of hard for me to pace, Bon. | 我有点难踱步 邦 |
[14:49] | I just want you to know if I go to jail, | 我只是想告诉你 如果我进了监狱 |
[14:51] | you need to find someone else. | 你得再找个女友 |
[14:53] | I don’t want you to wait for me. | 我不希望你等我 |
[14:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:57] | Come on. You’re not even gonna lie to me? | 拜托 你都不骗我吗 |
[14:59] | It’s a playoff game, Bon. I’m not really listening. | 这是季后赛 邦 我没听 |
[15:04] | Ooh, this could be Christy. | 可能是克丽丝蒂 |
[15:07] | Damn it, Jill. | 该死 吉尔 |
[15:08] | No, I am not introducing you to my half-gay brother. | 不 我不要把你介绍给我同母异父的基佬弟弟 |
[15:14] | I can’t believe we won! | 难以置信我们胜诉了 |
[15:16] | Well, technically, we didn’t win. | 严格说来我们没胜诉 |
[15:18] | We settled. | 我们和解了 |
[15:19] | In my family, settling is winning. | 在我家 和解就是胜诉了 |
[15:22] | I’m gonna call my mom and let her know. | 我要打给我妈妈 告诉她 |
[15:23] | Whoa, hold on. | 等等 |
[15:24] | Lesson number one: never tell the client | 第一课 绝对不要告诉客户 |
[15:26] | it took 15 minutes to do a day’s work. | 你只花了15分钟就做完了一天的工作 |
[15:29] | They’re called “Billable hours” for a reason. | 叫”计时收费”是有原因的 |
[15:32] | So we’re just supposed to let her sit at home and sweat? | 我们就该让她在家坐着出冷汗吗 |
[15:35] | Think about it. | 仔细想想吧 |
[15:38] | Oh, man, I can’t wait to be a lawyer. | 天啊 我迫不及待要当律师了 |
[15:41] | And you’re gonna be a good one. | 你会成为一名好律师的 |
[15:43] | As a matter of fact, | 实际上 |
[15:45] | if you don’t get snatched up by a better firm, | 如果没有更好的律所把你抢走 |
[15:47] | maybe you could come intern for me. | 也许你可以来为我做实习生 |
[15:50] | I would love that. | 我很乐意 |
[15:51] | Consider it done. | 就这么说定了 |
[15:54] | Don’t most firms have a policy about nepotism? | 大部分律所不是禁止裙带关系吗 |
[15:57] | Christy… | 克丽丝蒂 |
[16:00] | look at us. | 看看我们 |
[16:02] | You’re right, I think we’re gonna get away with it. | 你说得对 我想我们可以不被发现 |
[16:07] | And to all of you, for never giving up on me, | 还有你们所有人从未放弃我 |
[16:11] | from the bottom of my heart, thank you. | 我从心底里道谢 |
[16:14] | Adam, | 亚当 |
[16:15] | my love. | 我的爱人 |
[16:16] | My daughter, Christy. | 我女儿克丽丝蒂 |
[16:19] | My dear friends. | 我亲爱的朋友们 |
[16:20] | I couldn’t have done it without your support. | 没有你们的支持 我做不到 |
[16:24] | Does she think she won an award? | 她是觉得自己获奖了吗 |
[16:27] | And thanks to my long-lost brother Ray, | 多谢我失散多年的弟弟雷 |
[16:30] | the IRS is giving me ten years to pay off my debt. | 国税局给我十年时间付清债务 |
[16:34] | What a bunch of suckers. | 真是一群蠢货 |
[16:38] | Anyway, I’m glad we’re finally getting a chance | 总之 很高兴我们终于有机会 |
[16:41] | to know each other. | 好好了解一下了 |
[16:42] | Yes, we are. | 是啊 |
[16:49] | Thank you, Bonnie. | 谢谢你 邦妮 |
[16:52] | I can’t help thinking that you and Christy | 我不由自主地想着 你和克丽丝蒂 |
[16:54] | coming into my life… | 来到我的生活之中 |
[16:57] | maybe it wasn’t a coincidence. | 也许不是个巧合 |
[17:00] | Maybe there’s a reason for it. | 也许是有原因的 |
[17:04] | Boy, this is hard to say, | 天啊 真难开口 |
[17:08] | but I guess you’re probably the best people to say it to. | 但我想最好是跟你们说 |
[17:13] | I’ve gotten to a point where… | 我如今已经 |
[17:16] | I’m snorting coke every day. | 每天都吸可卡因 |
[17:23] | – Welcome to the family! We’re here! – Come here, little brother. | -欢迎来到我们家 我们在 -过来 弟弟 |
[17:26] | Yay! | 真棒 |
[17:36] | What are you still doing up? | 你怎么还没睡 |
[17:37] | Believe it or not, reading about tax law. | 随你信不信 研究税法 |
[17:40] | Why? I got away with it. | 为什么 我脱身了 |
[17:43] | Well, I’m still interested. | 我还有兴趣 |
[17:45] | Did you know the French put a tax on salt, | 你知道法国征收了盐税 |
[17:47] | and that’s what led to the French Revolution? | 所以才导致法国大革命的爆发吗 |
[17:48] | Wow, you really have given up on men, haven’t you? | 你真是放弃了男人 对吧 |
[17:55] | Can I tell you something? | 我能跟你说件事吗 |
[17:57] | Sure. | 行啊 |
[17:59] | I am so impressed with what you did. | 我觉得你做的事很厉害 |
[18:02] | Ray did most of it. | 主要是雷做的 |
[18:04] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[18:05] | And that’s not what I’m talking about. | 而且我说的也不是这事 |
[18:07] | You’ve been sober for four years now, | 你戒瘾四年了 |
[18:09] | you’re almost done with college, on your way to becoming a lawyer. | 你就快念完大学了 即将成为律师 |
[18:13] | I am so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[18:16] | Wow, Mom, that means a lot. | 妈妈 这意义重大 |
[18:19] | Hey, I probably don’t say this enough, | 我也许说得不够多 |
[18:23] | but you are an amazing person, and I love you. | 但你是个超棒的人 我爱你 |
[18:29] | You have another legal problem, don’t you? | 你又有法律问题了 对吧 |
[18:33] | I might have slapped a meter maid, | 我是扇了处理违章停车的女警察一巴掌 |
[18:34] | but that doesn’t take away from anything I said. | 但我说的话并不打折扣 |
[18:38] | It does a little, but thanks. | 其实是打折扣的 但是谢谢 |