时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Mmm, somebody smells nice. Ah. | 某人闻起来很香 |
[00:05] | I pretended to buy makeup | 我假装要买化妆品 |
[00:06] | so I could swipe perfume samples at Macy’s. | 这样能在梅西百货偷样品香水 |
[00:10] | Looks like the forecast is cloudy | 看起来天气预报是多云 |
[00:12] | with a chance of doing it. | 并有可能亲热 |
[00:16] | Can you guys go somewhere else | 你们能去别的地方聊 |
[00:17] | to talk about Christy banging my brother? | 克丽丝蒂和我弟弟亲热的事吗 |
[00:19] | No one’s banging anyone. | 没人会亲热的 |
[00:21] | We decided to get to know each other first. | 我们决定先了解对方 |
[00:22] | I’m sorry, but having sex | 不好意思 但做爱 |
[00:24] | is how you get to know each other. | 是了解对方的敲门砖 |
[00:27] | If I could carry the TV into the kitchen, I would. | 如果我能把电视搬到厨房 我会的 |
[00:32] | All I’m saying is | 我只想说 |
[00:33] | there’s a real danger in waiting, Christy. | 等待是存在真风险的 克丽丝蒂 |
[00:35] | You could develop serious feelings for Patrick | 你也许会对帕特里克动真感情 |
[00:38] | and then find out he’s got a crooked unit. | 然后才发现他下面是歪的 |
[00:41] | Well, that wouldn’t matter to me. | 那对我来说不重要 |
[00:42] | Ugh. All right. | 好吧 |
[00:43] | It’s already too late. | 已经太迟了 |
[00:46] | Help us out here, Adam. | 帮帮我们 亚当 |
[00:47] | You guys grew up together. | 你们是一起长大的 |
[00:48] | Bathing, skinny-dipping– | 洗澡 裸泳 |
[00:50] | is there anything exotic or unorthodox in the swimsuit area? | 泳裤那块有没有什么古怪或不正常 |
[00:55] | If death took me right now, I would not hate it. | 即使我现在暴毙 我也不会介意 |
[01:01] | So, where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[01:04] | Well, Christy, as you may have gleaned, | 克丽丝蒂 你也许注意到了 |
[01:05] | I am something of a planner. | 我是个爱定计划的人 |
[01:09] | So I made two dinner reservations | 所以我在两家同样好的餐厅 |
[01:11] | at equally fine restaurants, and you get to pick. | 都订了晚餐座位 你可以选择 |
[01:14] | Wow. You made reservations, | 你订了座位 |
[01:17] | you’re not married, you’re not wearing cargo shorts. | 你没结婚 你没穿工装短裤 |
[01:19] | I’m getting a little dizzy. | 我有点头晕了 |
[01:21] | Well, before you pass out, here are your choices. | 在你晕倒之前 以下是你的选择 |
[01:24] | Steak house known for their prime rib, | 以上等肋排出名的牛排屋 |
[01:26] | seafood place known for their lobster. | 以龙虾出名的海鲜餐厅 |
[01:29] | Steak house. | 牛排屋 |
[01:30] | Lobster freaks me out. | 我害怕龙虾 |
[01:32] | It’s a giant sea bug and I’m not having it. | 那是只巨大的海虫 我才不会吃的 |
[01:34] | Right? | 对吧 |
[01:35] | Sometimes they make you pick out your own. | 有时候他们让你自己选龙虾 |
[01:38] | I don’t want to decide which one dies. | 我不想决定谁死 |
[01:39] | Who made me lobster god? | 我凭什么当龙虾上帝 |
[01:44] | Ugh. Speaking of giant sea bugs, it’s my mom. | 说到巨大海虫 我妈妈来电了 |
[01:48] | Watch. This is my most favorite thing in the world. | 看好了 这是我在这世界上最爱的事 |
[01:51] | Ignore. | 忽略 |
[01:53] | Really? Most favorite? | 真的吗 最爱的事 |
[01:55] | Mine’s water slides. | 我最爱的是水上滑梯 |
[01:59] | Oh, for God’s sake, Mom. | 看在上帝的分上 妈妈 |
[02:02] | Sorry, I better take this. | 抱歉 我最好接一下 |
[02:05] | I’m on a date, which you know. Why are you calling? | 你知道我在约会 你为什么打电话 |
[02:10] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[02:11] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[02:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:15] | I’m gonna need a rain check. | 只能改天了 |
[02:17] | My friend Marjorie’s husband had a stroke. | 我朋友玛乔丽的丈夫中风了 |
[02:39] | He just collapsed right there in the hall. | 他在走廊突然倒了 |
[02:42] | Well, you got him to the hospital right away. | 你立刻把他送到了医院 |
[02:45] | That’s always the most important thing. | 这永远是最重要的事 |
[02:47] | Yes. That’s the important thing. | 对 那是最重要的事 |
[02:48] | That and life insurance. | 还有人身保险 |
[02:51] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[02:52] | He can’t get coverage now. | 他现在拿不到保金 |
[02:55] | A word. | 过来说句话 |
[02:56] | We’ll be right back. | 我们马上回来 |
[03:00] | What is wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[03:01] | What? That’s a legitimate question. | 什么 这是很合理的问题 |
[03:03] | Have you priced a casket lately? | 你最近看过棺材的价格吗 |
[03:06] | Have you? | 你看过吗 |
[03:07] | Yeah, when you had that cough that wouldn’t go away. | 看过 你有次不是咳嗽停不了吗 |
[03:11] | Okay, from now on, | 好吧 从现在开始 |
[03:13] | if you have the urge to say something, don’t. | 如果你想说什么话 别说 |
[03:16] | So I’m just supposed to sit there? | 所以我只能坐在那里吗 |
[03:18] | No. Try to be helpful. | 不 试着帮帮忙 |
[03:19] | Offer her a cup of tea or something. Ugh. | 给她端杯茶什么的 |
[03:22] | I’ll try, but I know a thing or two | 我会试试的 但我对 |
[03:23] | about freezing a dead guy’s head, so if there’s a lull, | 冻死人头有所了解 所以如果有机会 |
[03:27] | I might bring it up. | 我会提起来的 |
[03:31] | Wendy, how is he? | 温蒂 他怎么样了 |
[03:33] | He’s out of surgery and stable. | 他动完手术了 情况稳定 |
[03:35] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[03:37] | Oh, that’s great news. | 这是好消息 |
[03:38] | Stable is good. | 稳定是好事 |
[03:40] | Can I see him? | 我能看他吗 |
[03:41] | In a few hours when we move him to ICU. | 几个小时后把他转到重症监护室就行 |
[03:43] | Oh, so I guess what Victor’s saying is, | 所以我猜维克托想说的是 |
[03:45] | “I-C-U in a few hours.” | 几小时后见哦[谐音] |
[03:52] | Would you like some tea? | 你想喝茶吗 |
[03:56] | Mmm, pass me the popcorn. | 爆米花给我 |
[04:05] | You ate it all. | 你吃光了 |
[04:06] | Why would you hand me an empty bowl? | 你为什么给我一个空碗 |
[04:08] | ‘Cause I wanted you to know that I ate it all. | 因为我想让你知道我吃光了 |
[04:12] | Well, to that I say, | 那我的回应是 |
[04:13] | why are you hitting yourself, | 你为什么打自己 |
[04:14] | why are you hitting yourself, huh? Ow. | 你为什么打自己 |
[04:15] | Quit it! | 住手 |
[04:17] | What a… | 真是… |
[04:20] | So, what are we supposed to do? | 那我们该做什么 |
[04:21] | Stay up all night? What’s the plan? | 熬一整夜吗 计划是什么 |
[04:23] | – Plan? – Yeah. | -计划吗 -是的 |
[04:25] | Dude, you’re in Plunkettville. | 兄弟 这里是普兰科特村 |
[04:28] | There are no plans. | 不存在计划 |
[04:29] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[04:31] | This is how it works when you date an aggressively sober woman. | 你约会有进攻性的戒瘾女人时是这样的 |
[04:34] | They have a lot of friends with a lot of problems | 她们有很多问题多多的朋友 |
[04:37] | and they show up for everything together. | 她们任何事都一起去 |
[04:39] | When there’s a crisis, | 当遇到危机时 |
[04:40] | they shine the AA signal on a cloud. | 她们会在乌云中点亮互助会标志 |
[04:45] | And then they’re gone for hours. | 然后她们会消失几个小时 |
[04:48] | So they’re like superheroes with a weakness for gin? | 所以她们就像弱点是金酒的超级英雄吗 |
[04:53] | Pretty much. | 差不多 |
[04:54] | AA is kind of Bonnie and Christy’s whole life, | 互助会是邦妮和克丽丝蒂的全部生活 |
[04:56] | but I found a way to work around it. | 但我找到了钻空子的办法 |
[04:58] | I got Bonnie to do her meetings on Monday night, | 我让邦妮周一晚 周四晚和周日晚 |
[05:00] | Thursday night and Sunday night. | 去参加互助会 |
[05:04] | You-you found a way to watch prime-time football | 你找到了看黄金时段橄榄球的方法 |
[05:06] | and make it look like a favor. | 还搞得像为她做了好事一样 |
[05:09] | I told my buddies at the sports bar. | 我跟我在运动酒吧的朋友们说了这事 |
[05:11] | They’re thinking of building me a shrine. | 他们想给我造个神龛 |
[05:14] | You deserve one. | 那是你应得的 |
[05:15] | Yeah, and I always have a designated driver, | 而且我总是有代驾司机 |
[05:17] | but I’m not supposed to be too happy about it | 但我不应该为此太开心 |
[05:19] | or it’s a red flag. | 不然就危险了 |
[05:25] | Ah, Bonnie. | 邦妮 |
[05:26] | She says that Victor’s stable, | 她说维克托稳定了 |
[05:29] | but that they’re gonna spend the night | 但她们会与玛乔丽一起 |
[05:30] | in the hospital with Marjorie. | 在医院过夜 |
[05:32] | Oh, well, maybe I should go over there | 也许我应该去那里 |
[05:34] | and bring Christy a change of clothes. | 给克丽丝蒂带点换洗衣物 |
[05:35] | Oh, no, no, no. No way. | 不不不 不行 |
[05:38] | Well, why not? | 为什么 |
[05:38] | Because if you bring Christy something, | 因为如果你给克丽丝蒂带了东西 |
[05:40] | I got to bring Bonnie something or I look like a tool. | 我就得给邦妮带点东西 不然我看起来就像个混蛋 |
[05:43] | You are a tool. | 你就是个混蛋啊 |
[05:45] | Ooh, sneak attack. Oh! Oh! | 偷袭 |
[05:51] | Hey, how’s Victor doing? | 维克托怎么样了 |
[05:52] | I thought you were on a silent retreat. | 你不是在静修吗 |
[05:54] | I am. | 是的 |
[05:56] | But I’m worried about Marjorie | 但我担心玛乔丽 |
[05:57] | and I’m dying to talk. | 而且我很想说话 |
[06:00] | My thoughts have been all bottled up in my head | 我的想法填满了脑袋 |
[06:02] | and it’s making me… | 让我想… |
[06:07] | Jill? | 吉尔 |
[06:08] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[06:10] | Sorry. Shaman Gary came into the Zen garden. | 抱歉 萨满加里进了禅修花园 |
[06:13] | He is such a narc. | 他最喜欢告密了 |
[06:17] | Victor is stable. That’s all we know. | 维克托稳定了 我们只知道这么多 |
[06:19] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[06:22] | Is that a vending machine behind you? | 你们背后的是自动贩卖机吗 |
[06:26] | Do they have Funyuns? | 里面有没有洋葱圈 |
[06:28] | Last night I dreamt about Funyuns. | 昨晚我梦到了洋葱圈 |
[06:30] | Except they were six feet tall and kissing me. | 不过它们六英尺高 而且在亲我 |
[06:34] | I’m telling you, nothing’s getting satisfied here. | 我告诉你们 在这里我没任何需求得到满足 |
[06:39] | Uh-oh, Gary’s back. | 糟糕 加里回来了 |
[06:40] | I got to hide you in my bra. | 我得把你们藏在胸罩里 |
[06:43] | Is it just me or does it look like she hasn’t lost a pound? | 只有我觉得她一磅都没减吗 |
[06:46] | If anything, her face looks rounder. | 如果要说的话 她脸变得更圆了 |
[06:48] | Hey, I’m still here. | 我还在听呢 |
[06:53] | Hey, Marjorie, what’d they say? | 玛乔丽 他们怎么说的 |
[06:56] | They told me to hope for the best | 他们让我尽量往好处想 |
[06:57] | and prepare for the worst. | 同时做好最坏打算 |
[06:59] | Might not be able to walk or talk. | 他也许无法行走和说话了 |
[07:02] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[07:06] | Well… | 那么 |
[07:08] | whatever happens, | 不管发生什么 |
[07:09] | you won’t face it alone. | 你不会独自面对的 |
[07:11] | You have friends you can count on. | 你拥有可以指望的朋友们 |
[07:13] | Thanks, Christy. | 谢谢 克丽丝蒂 |
[07:16] | I’ll be happy to help, too. | 我也愿意帮忙 |
[07:19] | I’m actually quite good at taking care of sick people. | 我其实很擅长照顾病人 |
[07:22] | Since when? | 从何时开始 |
[07:24] | I thought I could just say it and you’d believe me. | 我以为我说了你们就会信我 |
[07:28] | Sometimes it works ’cause I’m tall. | 有时候这管用 因为我长得高 |
[07:33] | Patrick. | 帕特里克 |
[07:34] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[07:35] | Oh, he wanted to bring Christy some clothes | 他想给克丽丝蒂带点衣服 |
[07:38] | and I didn’t want to show up empty-handed, | 我不想空手而来 |
[07:39] | so here’s that sudoku you’ve been working on for the last year. | 所以这是你这一年来在做的数独 |
[07:45] | Really sorry to hear about your husband. | 很遗憾听到你丈夫的事 |
[07:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:48] | This is Adam’s brother, Patrick. | 这是亚当的弟弟 帕特里克 |
[07:51] | Hi. I wish we were meeting under better circumstances. | 我希望我们能在更好的情况下见面 |
[07:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:55] | And I’m sorry I ruined your evening. | 很抱歉我毁了你的夜晚 |
[08:00] | You know, why don’t you two go down to the cafeteria | 你们为什么不去医院餐厅 |
[08:03] | and grab a bite to eat? | 吃点东西 |
[08:04] | – You sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -我确定 |
[08:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:09] | If you made reservations at the cafeteria, | 如果你在医院餐厅也订了位 |
[08:11] | I’m gonna be so impressed. | 我会印象非常深刻的 |
[08:12] | I called. They don’t take ’em. | 我打过电话 他们不接受订位 |
[08:17] | Couldn’t have grabbed a pencil? | 你就不能带根笔吗 |
[08:18] | It’s never enough, is it? | 永远不够 对吗 |
[08:25] | I bet that fancy steak house didn’t serve egg salad | 我打赌那家高档牛排屋不会上有冰淇淋勺的 |
[08:28] | with an ice cream scoop. | 鸡蛋沙拉 |
[08:30] | Well, I think it’ll pair nicely with your Mr. Pibb. | 我想那正好配你的皮布汽水 |
[08:35] | Hospital sushi. | 医院寿司 |
[08:36] | I see you have a taste for adventure. | 看来你喜欢冒险 |
[08:57] | And our five minutes of peace are over. | 我们五分钟的平静结束了 |
[09:01] | Don’t mind me. I’m not here to spy. | 别在意我 我不是来偷看的 |
[09:03] | I just had to get Marjorie another tea. | 我只是来再给玛乔丽端杯茶的 |
[09:06] | Oh, God, what did you say? | 天啊 你说了什么 |
[09:08] | I just asked hypothetically if Victor died, | 我只是问 假设维克托死了 |
[09:11] | did she think she would die very quickly afterward? | 她是否觉得自己也会很快死 |
[09:14] | Seriously? | 说真的吗 |
[09:15] | Drop the eyebrow, missy. | 眉毛放下去 小姐 |
[09:16] | It’s a thing, like penguins. | 真有这事 比如企鹅 |
[09:19] | Anyway, you kids have fun. | 总之 你们享受吧 |
[09:34] | Thank you for being so understanding through all of this. | 感谢你对这些事非常理解 |
[09:37] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[09:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:42] | Something really sexy is about to happen right now. | 现在要发生非常性感的事了 |
[09:48] | Oh, that, uh, salmon roll tasted like a penny. | 那个三文鱼卷尝起来像硬币 |
[09:54] | Would you like some room-temperature egg salad? | 你想来点室温鸡蛋沙拉吗 |
[09:58] | No, thanks. | 不 谢了 |
[09:58] | I’m really just here for the company. | 我主要是来这里陪你的 |
[10:03] | So… can we go to a real dinner tomorrow night? | 那么 我们明晚能去吃真的晚餐吗 |
[10:08] | Well, I’d love to, but I actually have to get back home tomorrow. | 我很乐意 但我明天其实得回家了 |
[10:14] | Well, I… you know, I-I knew that eventually | 我知道你最终 |
[10:17] | you would have to get back, but I’m gonna miss you. | 还是得回去 但我会想你的 |
[10:22] | I’m gonna miss you, too, | 我也会想你的 |
[10:23] | but it’s not like I live in Australia. | 但我又不是住在澳大利亚 |
[10:27] | That’s true. | 这倒是 |
[10:29] | Santa Cruz is only a three-hour-and-12-minute drive. | 去圣克鲁兹只用开3小时12分钟的车 |
[10:35] | I might have Googled us door-to-door. | 我也许搜了咱俩之间的路线 |
[10:38] | Yeah. Did I give you my address? | 我给你我的地址了吗 |
[10:42] | Look, a lot of Googling has gone on. I… | 我搜了很多东西 |
[10:45] | Well, I’m in no position to judge. | 我没资格说你 |
[10:46] | I’ve Googled you, too. | 我也搜了你 |
[10:49] | By the way, nice mug shot. | 顺便说一句 收监照不错 |
[10:55] | Was my hair in a ponytail or down? | 我是扎了马尾辫还是披头散发啊 |
[10:57] | Uh, ponytail. | 扎了马尾辫 |
[10:59] | Ah. Yeah, that’s the good one. | 对 那张不错 |
[11:02] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[11:04] | do you think we should try the long-distance thing? | 你觉得我俩该试试异地恋吗 |
[11:08] | I’m game. | 我愿意啊 |
[11:11] | But while I’ve got you here… | 但既然你在我身边 |
[11:21] | You do kind of taste like a penny. | 你嘴里的味道的确很像硬币 |
[11:28] | There is literally no way out of here. | 这里真的没路出去 |
[11:39] | Ten minutes, and we’re out of h… | 等十分钟 我们就走… |
[11:41] | Hey! | 好啊 |
[11:43] | Is this a good time? | 打扰你了吗 |
[11:44] | Sure. Come on in. | 没有 快进来 |
[11:46] | We know you’ve got your hands full, | 我们知道你很忙 |
[11:48] | so we brought you dinner. | 所以给你带了晚餐 |
[11:49] | And a card, from everyone at the Monday night meeting. | 还有一张卡片 参加周一晚上互助会的所有人送你的 |
[11:52] | Pardon my “Happy birthday.” I didn’t know what I was signing. | 抱歉我写了生日快乐 我不知道我在签什么东西 |
[11:56] | Thank you for this. | 多谢你们送我卡片 |
[11:58] | And for dinner– I haven’t been able | 还有晚餐 自从维克托 |
[12:00] | to leave the house since Victor came home. | 回来后 我都没法出门 |
[12:02] | How’s he doing? | 他现在怎么样了 |
[12:03] | Sleeping now. This is when I catch up | 睡了 这时候我就会做 |
[12:06] | on everything I can’t do when I’m with him. | 我跟他在一起时没法做的事 |
[12:09] | So, how’s it going with you ladies? | 你们怎么样 |
[12:12] | I could really use something else to think about. | 我真的想转移一下思绪 |
[12:15] | Well, I know we’re supposed to keep it anonymous, | 我知道我们不该提名字 |
[12:18] | but Rod Stewart came to our meeting. | 但英国歌手罗德·斯图尔特参加了我们的互助会 |
[12:22] | It was not Rod Stewart. | 那可不是罗德·斯图尔特 |
[12:23] | It was a woman with a bad haircut | 只是一个发型糟糕 |
[12:25] | and an English accent. | 有英国口音的女人 |
[12:26] | And you just described Rod Stewart. | 你说的就是罗德·斯图尔特 |
[12:31] | Christy, how’s it going with Patrick? | 克丽丝蒂 你和帕特里克怎么样 |
[12:33] | Oh, we’ve been texting the past couple weeks, | 我们过去几周都在发短信 |
[12:36] | but… it’s hard. | 但是 那很难 |
[12:38] | Well, one way or another, love is always hard. | 不管怎样 爱情总是难的 |
[12:42] | Why are you pretending to be a pharmacist from the 1850s? | 你为什么要装作19世纪50年代的药剂师 |
[12:47] | Because he’s still having trouble swallowing, | 因为他还是没法吞咽 |
[12:49] | so I have to crush up his meds and give them to him | 所以我得碾碎他的药 |
[12:51] | through the tube in his stomach. | 通过胃管喂给他吃 |
[12:55] | It’s gonna get better. | 情况会好起来的 |
[12:57] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[12:58] | You need to get out of here for a while. | 你得离开家里 出去走一走 |
[13:01] | Yeah. A meeting and a pedicure, stat. | 是啊 快去参加互助会和美甲 |
[13:04] | Boy, that sounds so good. | 天啊 听起来真棒 |
[13:06] | I-I can’t leave him. | 我不能离开他 |
[13:08] | You have to take care of yourself, too. | 你也得照顾好自己 |
[13:10] | Yeah, it’s like that whole thing on the airplane | 就像是飞机上的那件事 |
[13:11] | when you got to put your mask on first before you put it on the kid. | 你得先给自己戴氧气面罩 再给你孩子戴 |
[13:15] | But you’re supposed to put it on me eventually. | 但你最终还是该给我戴 |
[13:18] | You made it to Orlando. Let it go. | 你平安到了奥兰多 别提了 |
[13:21] | Okay, here’s the plan: | 计划是这样的 |
[13:23] | you take Marjorie out, I’ll hold down the fort. | 你带玛乔丽出去 我留在这里 |
[13:26] | Oh, boy. Maybe you’re right, I could use a change of scenery. | 天啊 也许你们说得对 我需要换个地方 |
[13:29] | Are you sure you can handle Victor? | 你确定你能应付维克托吗 |
[13:31] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[13:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | He’s-he’s gonna wake up soon. | 他很快会醒来 |
[13:35] | These are the doctor’s instructions. | 这是医嘱 |
[13:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:43] | Okay. You got this, Christy. | 好 你可以的 克丽丝蒂 |
[13:51] | I can’t believe you left me there all afternoon. | 难以置信你把我丢在那待了一下午 |
[13:54] | Hey. My day wasn’t exactly a picnic, either. | 我今天也并不愉快啊 |
[14:00] | You’re seriously trying to compare | 你真的想把 |
[14:02] | caring for a stroke victim to a mani-pedi? | 照顾中风患者和美甲相提并论吗 |
[14:05] | Have you seen Marjorie’s feet? | 你见过玛乔丽的脚吗 |
[14:10] | I’ve never even seen her in open-toed shoes. | 我从没见过她穿露脚趾的鞋 |
[14:12] | Well, there’s a reason. | 那是有原因的 |
[14:14] | Yikes. | 好恶心啊 |
[14:18] | This must be so hard for her. | 这对她来说一定很难受 |
[14:21] | One minute you’re in love, you’ve got a partner, | 前一分钟你坠入爱河 有伴侣 |
[14:24] | and the next you’re caring for somebody | 接下来你就要照顾 |
[14:26] | who’s completely helpless. | 一个完全无助的人了 |
[14:28] | It’s so sad. | 真令人难受 |
[14:34] | She has one toenail that looks like the roof of a shed. | 她有个脚趾甲看起来像是小屋屋顶 |
[14:41] | I just want to take a nice, hot Purell bath | 我就想洗个舒舒服服暖暖和和的消毒液澡 |
[14:43] | and look at those otters holding hands on YouTube. | 上油管看那些水獭手拉着手 |
[14:46] | Oh. My favorite part is when they get separated, | 我最喜欢的部分是它们被分开 |
[14:48] | then they reach back for each other. | 然后它们又会去拉对方的手 |
[14:49] | Right? They’re making a choice. | 对吧 它们在做选择 |
[14:54] | Oh, my God, Patrick! | 天啊 帕特里克 |
[14:59] | Uh, what are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[15:01] | Well, I realized something I didn’t like about Santa Cruz. | 我意识到 关于圣克鲁兹我有一处不喜欢 |
[15:04] | Too many hippies? Not enough hippies? What? | 太多嬉皮士了吗 嬉皮士不够多吗 是什么 |
[15:06] | You weren’t there. | 你不在那 |
[15:07] | Oh, what a cheeseball. | 真是蹩脚 |
[15:11] | Maybe, but I like it. | 也许吧 但我喜欢 |
[15:14] | You know, I wouldn’t mind | 我不介意 |
[15:15] | a little cheese every now and then. | 偶尔也给我尝点甜头 |
[15:18] | Go away for two weeks– let’s see what happens. | 你离开两周 看看会发生什么 |
[15:22] | Hey, so, how about I finally | 我现在带你去 |
[15:23] | take you out to that fancy dinner, huh? | 吃高档晚餐怎么样 |
[15:26] | Give me time to take a shower and make myself pretty. | 给我点时间洗澡 打扮一下 |
[15:28] | Oh, well, you’re already pretty. | 你已经很美了 不用打扮了 |
[15:33] | See? That right there, be like that. | 瞧 就那样 像那样做 |
[15:43] | Hey. Didn’t expect you home tonight. | 没料到你今晚会回家 |
[15:45] | Yeah. If you’d have been ten minutes earlier, | 是啊 如果你早回来十分钟 |
[15:47] | you would have seen… | 就会看到 |
[15:50] | Anyway, welcome home. | 总之 欢迎回家 |
[15:52] | Would it kill you to throw down a towel? | 你们挂条毛巾会死啊 |
[15:56] | Why aren’t you back at Patrick’s hotel room | 你为什么不在帕特里克的酒店房间里 |
[15:58] | throwing down your own towel? | 自己挂毛巾 |
[16:01] | After dinner, things got kind of awkward. | 吃完晚餐后 我们变得有些尴尬 |
[16:04] | Then he said he was tired and dropped me off. | 他说他累了 让我下车了 |
[16:06] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[16:08] | It’s not that big a deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[16:09] | We were talking, he asked me about my day, | 我们在聊天 他问我今天过得怎么样 |
[16:12] | and I told him about taking care of Victor. | 我跟他说了我照顾维克托的事 |
[16:15] | What’s wrong with that? | 那有什么问题 |
[16:16] | Then I mentioned | 然后我提到了 |
[16:18] | that I could see myself taking care of Patrick | 如果帕特里克年老力衰 中风了 |
[16:21] | if he has a stroke when he’s old. | 我能想象到照顾他的样子 |
[16:22] | Yikes! What…? | 该死 什么… |
[16:24] | What is wrong with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[16:25] | I thought you liked him. | 我还以为你喜欢他 |
[16:28] | And I may have used the word “Diaper.” | 我也许用了尿布这词 |
[16:30] | Oh! Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[16:32] | But this is all 30 years from now! | 但那都是30年后的事了 |
[16:33] | You said 30 years? | 你说了30年吗 |
[16:35] | Wow, I don’t usually think of you as stupid. | 我一般不会觉得你是个笨蛋 |
[16:39] | We’ve been together two years, and we’re engaged, | 我们在一起两年 还订婚了 |
[16:42] | and we don’t talk about the future. | 我们都不谈未来 |
[16:44] | Six hours in advance– that’s our max. | 聊六小时内发生的事 这是我们的极限 |
[16:46] | Yeah. Watch. What are we doing tomorrow night? | 是啊 看好了 我们明晚做什么 |
[16:49] | I’ll tell you tomorrow. | 我明天告诉你 |
[16:53] | Do you think I scared him? | 你们觉得我吓到他了吗 |
[16:54] | Like a clown in a sewer. | 像是下水道的小丑 |
[16:57] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈妈 |
[17:01] | Our little girl’s gonna die alone. | 我们的小女儿要孤独终老了 |
[17:14] | I intercepted your room service order. | 我拦截了你的送餐员 |
[17:17] | Uh, I didn’t order anything, so you better come in quick. | 我什么都没点 所以你最好快点进来 |
[17:26] | So, you’re probably wondering why I’m here. | 你也许想知道我为什么来了 |
[17:29] | Oh, you mean you didn’t just come by to steal some, uh– | 你是说你不是来偷一些 |
[17:32] | what is that?– huevos rancheros? | 那是什么 墨西哥式煎蛋的吗 |
[17:36] | I just wanted to apologize for last night. | 我想为昨晚的事向你道歉 |
[17:39] | I was trying to tell you about my day, | 我只是在跟你说我的一天 |
[17:42] | and suddenly I was 30 years in the future | 突然我跳到了30年后 |
[17:44] | and kind of dragging you along with me. | 还把你也拖下水了 |
[17:46] | Well, I-I have to admit, it did freak me out a little bit. | 我得承认 那让我有些害怕 |
[17:49] | I know. I’m so sorry. | 我知道 很抱歉 |
[17:51] | Well, you got to understand, I’m just… | 你得理解 我刚 |
[17:53] | getting out of a long marriage, | 摆脱一段漫长的婚姻 |
[17:55] | and I haven’t been alone since I was 19. | 我19岁后就没有独自一人过 |
[17:58] | I get it. I get it. | 我懂 |
[17:59] | – Yeah. – You want to play the field, | -嗯 -你想多谈谈恋爱 |
[18:01] | you want to see what’s out there, | 看看有哪些美女 |
[18:03] | you want to cross some things off your sex bucket list. | 划掉性爱遗愿清单里的几项 |
[18:07] | Uh, I don’t know what a sex bucket is, | 我不知道性爱遗愿清单是什么 |
[18:10] | uh, but yeah, that was basically the plan. | 但是没错 基本上我的计划就是那样 |
[18:13] | And then I met you, and… | 然后我遇到了你 |
[18:16] | I guess what really scares me | 我想真正让我害怕的是 |
[18:17] | is that you weren’t the only one thinking about the future. | 想着未来的不止你一个 |
[18:21] | I wasn’t? | 是吗 |
[18:22] | No. I mean, I mean, we… haven’t even slept together. | 不是 我们甚至还没上过床 |
[18:26] | Uh, I saw this cute little beach house, | 我看到了一处可爱的海滩别墅 |
[18:28] | and I thought to myself, | 我就想着 |
[18:30] | “Maybe Christy and I should live there.” | 也许克丽丝蒂和我该住在那里 |
[18:37] | Your fantasy has a beach house. | 你的幻想有海滩别墅 |
[18:40] | Mine has you in a diaper. | 我的幻想则是你垫尿布 |
[18:45] | Yeah, mine’s better. | 我的更好 |
[18:47] | Uh, but equally terrifying. | 但同样令人害怕 |
[18:54] | You’re as crazy as I am, | 你跟我一样疯狂 |
[18:56] | and… that’s kind of reassuring. | 那真是安心 |
[19:06] | You know what? I’d better go. | 知道吗 我该走了 |
[19:08] | I don’t want to wreck this relationship. | 我不想毁掉我们的关系 |
[19:10] | Yeah. Me neither. | 我也是 |
[19:12] | Maybe we just should… take it slow. | 也许我们该慢慢来 |
[19:15] | – Probably a good idea. – Yeah. | -也许是个好主意 -是啊 |
[19:25] | So, this beach house… | 这座海滨别墅 |
[19:28] | is it big enough for my mom and Adam? | 大到够我妈妈和亚当住吗 |
[19:30] | If there’s a guest room, I’ll board it up. | 如果有客房 我会用木板封住的 |
[19:32] | Oh, God, that’s hot. | 天啊 真性感 |
[19:37] | – Um, all right. – All right. | -好了 -好 |
[19:39] | – Okay, I’m gonna go, yes. – Yes. Okay. | -我要走了 -好 |
[19:40] | All right. I’ll see you. | 好 回头见 |
[19:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:47] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[19:57] | Thanks for being here, Bonnie, you’re a big help. | 谢谢你抽空前来 邦妮 你帮了很多忙 |
[20:00] | You’re welcome. And I want you to know | 不用谢 我想告诉你 |
[20:02] | I’m really working on saying | 我真的在努力 |
[20:03] | appropriate things when I’m here. | 在这里说合适的话 |
[20:06] | Good for you. | 真不错 |
[20:07] | In fact, I’ve even written some down | 实际上 我甚至写了一些话 |
[20:10] | that I think are not only positive, | 我觉得不仅积极阳光 |
[20:12] | but hopefully of some comfort. | 但愿还能让你感到安慰 |
[20:16] | “Despite your crushing exhaustion, | 虽然你累坏了 |
[20:18] | you don’t look that bad.” | 但你看起来气色还不错 |
[20:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:21] | “Now you have a built-in excuse to avoid unappealing events, | 现在你有充足的理由来避开没吸引力的活动了 |
[20:24] | like children’s birthday parties.” | 比如孩子的生日派对 |
[20:27] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会牢记在心的 |
[20:28] | Ah, here’s a good one. “I was at first frightened | 这句不错 我一开始看到维克托时 |
[20:31] | when I looked at Victor, but now I am less so.” | 觉得很害怕 但我现在不那么害怕了 |
[20:36] | You know what? I’m just gonna focus | 我还是专注于 |
[20:37] | on the fact that you cared enough to write a list. | 你在乎到写下这些话的这一事实吧 |
[20:40] | I have four more. | 我还有四句 |
[20:41] | – Just make me some tea. – Okay. | -给我倒点茶就好 -好 |