时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Jill knows we’re here, right? | 吉尔知道我们来了吧 |
[00:14] | The invite said be here at 8:00. That’s it. | 邀请函上说八点到 仅此而已 |
[00:17] | Look, she’s been gone for three months. | 听着 她离开了三个月 |
[00:20] | I bet she wants to make an entrance. | 我敢打赌她想搞个盛大出场 |
[00:21] | Of course she does. She expects applause | 当然了 她上完厕所回来 |
[00:23] | when she comes back from the bathroom. | 都希望大家给她鼓掌 |
[00:26] | Well, it’s our fault we started doing that. | 都怪我们起了个坏头 |
[00:31] | You think she lost all the weight? | 你觉得她减肥成功了吗 |
[00:32] | Weight? Come on. | 减肥 得了吧 |
[00:34] | She didn’t go to that place just so she could kick her pie habit. | 她去那地方不是为了戒掉吃馅饼的 |
[00:37] | My bet, she has new boobs and a neck like a baby. | 我猜她做了假胸和婴儿般的脖子 |
[00:41] | She’s already beautiful; why would she do that? | 她已经很美了 没必要那样做 |
[00:44] | Well, money makes you crazy. | 钱会使人发狂 |
[00:45] | That’s why you and I are so normal. | 所以我们才这么正常 |
[00:52] | God, I hope that’s not her walking. | 天啊 我希望那不是她走路的声音 |
[00:59] | This is actually less than I was expecting. | 这其实没我想的那么夸张 |
[01:06] | She’s back and she’s skinny! | 她回来了 她瘦了 |
[01:11] | – Bravo! – Welcome home! | -好样的 -欢迎回家 |
[01:12] | You look amazing! Wow! I’m proud of you! | 你看起来真棒 我为你骄傲 |
[01:15] | We missed you so much. | 我们好想你 |
[01:16] | I missed you guys, too. | 我也想你们 |
[01:18] | Wow, no scarring. Good work. | 没疤 做得好 |
[01:21] | It’s my same face, Bonnie. | 我脸没变 邦妮 |
[01:23] | One of the things I learned at the retreat | 我在静修时学到 |
[01:24] | is it’s not about the outside, it’s about what’s in here. | 重要的不是外在 而是内在 |
[01:27] | Couldn’t agree more. Botox and fillers. | 完全赞同 肉毒杆菌和填充剂 |
[01:31] | I am in a bliss balloon not even you can pop. | 我现在充满了快乐 连你都没法破坏 |
[01:34] | Mm, you do seem happy. | 你的确看起来很开心 |
[01:36] | I am. I am totally frickin’ at peace. | 是啊 我超级平静的 |
[01:39] | Now sit back down; I’ve got 20 more outfits | 现在坐回去 我有二十套衣服 |
[01:41] | and a bikini I want to show you. | 和一套比基尼要给你们看 |
[01:44] | Look, I can run again! | 看 我又能跑了 |
[02:07] | You guys sure you don’t want a bite of this pudding? | 你们确定不想吃这个布丁吗 |
[02:09] | Butterscotch, the only scotch we can have. | 奶油糖果[双关威士忌] 我们唯一能喝的酒 |
[02:13] | I’m fine with my lemon water. | 我喝柠檬水就好 |
[02:15] | I’m so impressed you’re totally off sugar. | 你完全不吃糖了令我印象深刻 |
[02:17] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[02:18] | You’re my hero. | 你是我的英雄 |
[02:21] | Whenever you’re ready. | 请买单 |
[02:28] | I guess we should pay. | 我们该付钱了 |
[02:33] | Yup. Got to get to the meeting. | 是的 得去互助会了 |
[02:35] | Yup. Before all the good seats are gone. | 对 在好座位被占满之前 |
[02:46] | Let’s see what the damage is. | 让我看看花了多少 |
[02:54] | That’ll cover my part. | 这够我那部分了 |
[02:58] | Your part? | 你那部分 |
[02:59] | Yeah, my share. | 是的 我那份 |
[03:02] | It’s just that traditionally your share is… | 只是通常你那份包括了… |
[03:05] | the whole thing. | 所有的钱 |
[03:08] | Well, in addition to eating healthy, | 除了健康饮食以外 |
[03:10] | the retreat also taught me that I need to stop using my money | 静修还教会了我不要用钱去买爱 |
[03:13] | to buy love; ergo, y’all need to start paying for yourselves, | 所以 你们得自己付钱了 |
[03:16] | ’cause I ain’t no Bank of America. | 因为我不是美国银行 |
[03:19] | Look, I’m a huge fan of growth– go, you– | 听着 我很支持成长 好样的 |
[03:23] | but a little heads up | 但你事先提醒一下 |
[03:24] | would’ve helped me budget my order accordingly. | 有助于我决定该点什么 |
[03:27] | Jill, you’re right. | 吉尔 你说的对 |
[03:28] | We’re all perfectly capable of paying for our own food. | 我们完全有能力自己买单 |
[03:32] | I’m sorry if you felt like we were mooching off of you. | 很抱歉让你觉得我们在占你便宜 |
[03:35] | Which we were not. | 我们没有 |
[03:36] | Here’s your Reuben to go. | 这是你打包的鲁宾三明治 |
[03:40] | I had every intention of paying for this. | 我本来就打算为这个付钱 |
[03:42] | I can feel you reaching into my purse. | 我能感觉到你在摸我钱包 |
[03:53] | Let me guess, this new tax deal doesn’t make us millionaires. | 让我猜猜 新的税收政策不会让我们发财 |
[03:58] | No, it’s about the bistro. | 不 是咖啡馆的钱 |
[04:00] | If we average $15 apiece every meal, | 如果我们每人每顿饭平均出15美元 |
[04:03] | that’s $90 a week. | 那就是一周90美元 |
[04:06] | That’s $5,000 a year Jill’s been covering. | 也就是说吉尔每年花了五千美元 |
[04:09] | You sure about that, Jethro? | 你确定吗 杰思罗 |
[04:10] | You never were much at cipherin’. | 算术不是你的强项啊 |
[04:13] | Sure I’m sure. | 我当然确定了 |
[04:14] | I used this here number box. | 我用了这个算术盒 |
[04:18] | It doesn’t seem fair. | 真不公平 |
[04:19] | Why does Jill’s self-esteem have to come out of our pockets? | 为什么我们要出钱给吉尔买自尊 |
[04:22] | I know. We either have to start buying our own lunch | 我知道 我们要么得开始自己买午餐 |
[04:26] | or make Jill hate herself again. | 要么就得让吉尔再次讨厌自己 |
[04:27] | Easy peasy. Just bring up her ex-husband and their new baby | 很简单 只用提起她的前夫和他们的新孩子 |
[04:31] | and slide a Meat Lover’s pizza in front of her. | 然后在她面前放一块肉食匹萨就行 |
[04:35] | We can’t keep leeching off her. | 我们不能总是吸她的血 |
[04:36] | Hey, it’s not like we were taking advantage of her on purpose. | 我们又不是故意占她便宜的 |
[04:39] | It’s Tuesday! Where’s my free Reuben? | 周二到了 我的免费鲁宾三明治呢 |
[04:44] | Well, this is an adventure. | 真新鲜 |
[04:46] | I haven’t carried a tray since I was in lockup. | 我自从被拘留后 就没再端过餐盘了 |
[04:50] | I love this concept. | 我喜欢这概念 |
[04:51] | Food from around the world. Where’d you find this place? | 来自世界各地的食物 你是怎么找到这地方的 |
[04:54] | Ah, the ultimate experts on cheap food: | 便宜食物的终极专家 |
[04:57] | broke-ass college kids. | 穷光蛋大学生 |
[04:59] | I ordered a four, a six and a nine at the Asian counter. | 我在亚洲柜台点了四六九 |
[05:02] | I don’t even know what they are; I just panicked. | 我都不知道是什么菜 我慌了 |
[05:06] | Oh, my God, there you are. | 天呐 你们在这里 |
[05:07] | I got trapped in a sea of hoodies at the salsa bar. | 我在莎莎酱吧被一群穿兜帽的人围住了 |
[05:11] | Oh, you’re gonna have to get your own silverware and napkins. | 你得自己去拿餐具和餐巾 |
[05:14] | Oh, I work here now? | 我在这里工作吗 |
[05:18] | Here, take my fork. | 给 用我的叉子 |
[05:19] | I got chili. | 我点的是辣肉酱 |
[05:23] | Mine’s already done? | 我的已经做好了吗 |
[05:25] | Can a four, a six or a nine be safely cooked that fast? | 四六九烹饪得那么快卫生吗 |
[05:31] | Okay, Wendy’s our canary in the coal mine. | 好 温蒂是矿洞里的金丝雀[缺氧指示] |
[05:33] | If she pukes, gags or keels over, we stop eating. | 如果她呕吐 窒息或翻身 我们就别吃了 |
[05:36] | Okay, it’s not the bistro. | 好吧 这里不是咖啡馆 |
[05:38] | The important thing is that it’s a place | 重点是 这是一个参加完互助会 |
[05:40] | we can hang out and talk after the meeting. | 我们能一起聚聚聊天的地方 |
[05:42] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
[05:43] | So, what’s new with you, Jill? | 你最近有什么新闻 吉尔 |
[05:46] | Well, I’ve been having a little health issue. | 我有个小健康问题 |
[05:50] | I… | 我 |
[05:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:58] | ‘Sup? | 你好 |
[06:01] | Do we know him? | 我们认识他吗 |
[06:02] | These are communal tables. | 这是公用桌 |
[06:04] | Oh, dear Lord. Where are we, Cuba? | 天啊 我们在哪里 古巴吗 |
[06:09] | Somebody else talk. | 你们说吧 |
[06:11] | Okay, well, I still haven’t heard from | 好吧 我还是没有收到 |
[06:14] | any of the law schools I applied to, but I’m really… | 我申请的那些法学院的回复 但我真的… |
[06:17] | Oh. That’s me. | 我的菜好了 |
[06:19] | Back to you, Jill. | 你继续说吧 吉尔 |
[06:21] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[06:24] | I’ve been having a little trouble | 我下面 |
[06:26] | down there. | 有点问题 |
[06:27] | So, I went to my gyno, | 我去看了我的妇科医生 |
[06:30] | and he said the problem is bicycle shorts. | 他说问题出在单车短裤上 |
[06:33] | I’m sorry, honey, you’re cutting in and out. | 抱歉 亲爱的 你通话质量不好 |
[06:37] | Oh. Wheels up, Marge. It’s go time. | 收起落架 玛乔 该走了 |
[06:42] | My girlfriend was having that problem. | 我女友也有那问题 |
[06:44] | She’s had good luck with organic fabrics. | 有机纤维把她治好了 |
[06:49] | Oh, good, you’re weighing in. | 很好 你在提建议 |
[06:52] | Turns out the four, six and nine were all beverages. | 原来四六九都是饮料 |
[07:00] | Mom, you ready to go? | 妈妈 准备好走了吗 |
[07:02] | Almost. | 快好了 |
[07:04] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[07:05] | Eating a sandwich. | 吃三明治 |
[07:07] | Then when we go out to dinner, I’ll just order coffee, | 然后去吃晚餐时 我只用点咖啡 |
[07:09] | and people will feel bad for me and buy me pudding. | 然后人们会可怜我 给我买布丁 |
[07:13] | Oh, my God, hold on. | 天啊 等等 |
[07:14] | Mm. Please tell me we won Publishers Clearing House. | 拜托告诉我 我们赢得了出版商大清仓[一种彩票] |
[07:17] | Get real, Mom. You have to have a screen door to win that thing. | 现实点 妈妈 有纱门的人才能赢 |
[07:23] | Stanford Law School. | 斯坦福法学院 |
[07:24] | Mm! Open it! | 快打开 |
[07:27] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[07:29] | I know it’s a long shot, but there’s still that part of me | 我知道机会渺茫 但我内心深处 |
[07:32] | that thinks that maybe there’s a chance. | 仍然觉得我有机会 |
[07:34] | Oh, I have that little part, too. | 我也是 |
[07:36] | It’s like how I think that one day | 就像我觉得有一天 |
[07:37] | I might win an Olympic gold medal. | 我也许会赢得奥运会金牌 |
[07:39] | You know, something easy like luge. | 简单的那种项目 比如无舵雪橇 |
[07:46] | What’s it say? | 上面写什么 |
[07:49] | They “Regret to inform” Me. | 他们遗憾地通知我 |
[07:52] | What? | 然后呢 |
[07:54] | Mom, they don’t regret to inform you | 妈妈 他们不会遗憾地通知你 |
[07:57] | that your dreams are coming true. | 你的梦想会实现 |
[07:59] | Oh. Honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 很遗憾 |
[08:03] | I knew the numbers weren’t in my favor, | 我知道机会不大 |
[08:05] | but my personal essay was so sad | 但我的个人陈述写得很悲惨 |
[08:08] | I thought I might just be able to guilt them into it. | 我以为我能让他们内疚到录取我 |
[08:12] | My name come up? | 提到我了吗 |
[08:15] | You can’t write about World War Two without bringing up Hitler. | 不提希特勒没法写二战 |
[08:21] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[08:23] | I’ve got other applications out there, | 我还申请了别的学校 |
[08:25] | and worst case, there’s always North Valley Law School. | 最差也有北谷法学院垫底 |
[08:28] | Go, Centipedes. | 加油 蜈蚣队 |
[08:30] | And I’ll still be a lawyer, which is all that matters. | 我依然能当律师 这是最重要的 |
[08:34] | I’ll just hang my diploma in the garage. | 我只用把文凭挂在车库里 |
[08:36] | – We don’t have a garage. – We don’t have a garage, | -我们没有车库 -我们没有车库 |
[08:38] | – we don’t have a screen door; what do we have? – Each other. | -我们没有纱门 我们有什么 -彼此 |
[08:40] | Way to kick me when I’m down. | 我都摔倒了你还要踢一脚 |
[08:45] | So, where do you guys want to eat? | 你们想去哪吃 |
[08:46] | I’m willing to give Christy’s place another shot | 我想再去克丽丝蒂那家一次 |
[08:48] | now that I know how it works. | 现在我知道怎么点餐了 |
[08:51] | I went online and found a forum. | 我上网找到了一个论坛 |
[08:54] | Are you out of your mind? I had to bus my own tray. | 你疯了吗 我得拿自己的餐盘 |
[08:57] | My own tray. Tray! | 自己的餐盘 餐盘 |
[09:02] | I liked the chili. | 我喜欢辣肉酱 |
[09:03] | It was comforting, just like Mom never made. | 让人吃得安心 就像妈妈从没做过的味道 |
[09:09] | On Monday, they throw in corn bread, | 在周一 他们有玉米面包 |
[09:10] | but you have to know to ask. | 但只有问才有 |
[09:13] | Marjorie, what’d you think? | 玛乔丽 你怎么看 |
[09:15] | Oh, um, I appreciate the fact | 我感谢克丽丝蒂 |
[09:17] | that Christy brought a new idea into our world. | 为我们的世界开辟了新的大陆 |
[09:20] | Mm-hmm. Translation: P.U. | 翻译过来是 臭不可闻 |
[09:23] | Hey, you know what? You threw us a curveball, | 你猜怎么着 你给我们出了难题 |
[09:25] | and Christy did her best to find a compromise. | 克丽丝蒂尽最大能力找到了妥协方案 |
[09:27] | Was it an epic fail? Yes. | 是不是完全失败 是的 |
[09:28] | Are we gonna be less open to her suggestions in the future? | 我们以后对她的建议会不会长点心 |
[09:30] | Absolutely, but she tried. | 当然会 但她努力了 |
[09:35] | Well, I’m really in the mood for a Cobb salad from the bistro, | 我现在想吃咖啡馆的科布色拉 |
[09:38] | hold the ham, cheese, bacon, egg, balsamic on the side. | 伴以火腿 奶酪 熏肉 鸡蛋 香醋 |
[09:41] | Why don’t we do that, and I’ll pay for Bonnie and Christy? | 我们去吃吧 我给邦妮和克丽丝蒂买单 |
[09:44] | No, no, no, we’re not looking for charity. | 不不不 我们不需要施舍 |
[09:47] | Well, that’s new. | 真是新闻 |
[09:50] | What? | 什么 |
[09:51] | Never bothered you when I was paying. | 我付钱时没见你烦恼过啊 |
[09:54] | Hey, we never asked you to pay; you just started doing it. | 我们没要你买单 是你自己主动买的 |
[09:58] | I started doing it because the check would sit on the table | 我主动买是因为如果我不买 |
[10:01] | for an hour if I didn’t. | 单子会在桌上放一个小时 |
[10:03] | But now I’m done with you all taking advantage of me. | 但我现在受够了你们占我便宜 |
[10:06] | Hey, get over yourself. | 别自恋了 |
[10:07] | You bought me a couple of sandwiches, | 你就给我买了几个三明治 |
[10:08] | not a Lincoln Town Car. | 可不是林肯城市豪车 |
[10:10] | Oh, I’m sorry my personal growth doesn’t work for you. | 抱歉我的个人成长对你没好处 |
[10:13] | Hey, if I had a spare 65 grand laying around, | 如果我有六万五闲钱 |
[10:16] | I’d fly to a spa and buy some growth, too. | 我也会去水疗中心买成长 |
[10:18] | Maybe we ought to just take a moment and breathe. | 也许我们该深呼吸 冷静冷静 |
[10:20] | Hey, stand down, Grey Gardens. | 别插嘴 老太婆 |
[10:23] | If Jill wants to grow, we should tell her the truth. | 如果吉尔想成长 我们该告诉她真相 |
[10:25] | Well, here’s some truth. | 跟你说个真相 |
[10:26] | I’m only seven years older than you. | 我只比你大七岁 |
[10:29] | Seven hard years, apparently. | 显然那是艰苦的七年 |
[10:32] | I don’t like it when we all fight. | 我不喜欢我们都吵架 |
[10:34] | Not now, Wendy. | 现在不是时候 温蒂 |
[10:35] | You not now! | 你才不是时候 |
[10:39] | You know what? I’m skipping the bistro. | 我不去咖啡馆了 |
[10:41] | I got better things to do than | 我有更好的事情可做 |
[10:42] | watch Christy yammering on about law school, | 而不是看着克丽丝蒂抱怨法学院 |
[10:43] | Wendy crying for no reason, Marjorie and her lame advice, | 温蒂无缘无故地哭 玛乔丽提出超烂的建议 |
[10:47] | and Bonnie trying to have sex with her pudding. | 邦妮试图跟她的布丁做爱 |
[10:53] | Well, I’m just gonna say it. | 我就直说了 |
[10:55] | She was nicer when she was fat. | 她胖的时候人好多了 |
[11:06] | You know what else pisses me off? | 你知道还有什么让我生气吗 |
[11:07] | Watching Jaws here. | 我在看《大白鲨》 |
[11:10] | Jill is proof that money is wasted on the wrong people. | 吉尔就证明了钱被浪费在错误的人身上 |
[11:13] | Look, topless girl wading in the water. | 瞧 没穿上衣的女孩在蹚水玩耍 |
[11:15] | Uh-oh, what could happen? | 可能发生什么呢 |
[11:19] | I just don’t buy this movie. | 我不信这部电影 |
[11:21] | The chief of police has that kind of waterfront property? | 警察局长居然有海景房 |
[11:24] | It was the ’70s. | 那是70年代 |
[11:25] | It was a totally different real estate market. | 房地产市场完全不同 |
[11:27] | You know what? You’re ruining it. | 知道吗 你毁了这部电影 |
[11:29] | I’ll tell you what, if Jill was in charge of that town, | 我跟你说 如果吉尔管那座城市 |
[11:31] | she would’ve sold that house right out from under him, | 她会背着他卖掉那房子 |
[11:33] | ’cause that’s what the rich do. | 因为有钱人就这样 |
[11:34] | They screw the hardworking little guy like me. | 他们毁掉我这样努力的小人物 |
[11:38] | You’re neither one of those. | 你既不努力 也不是小人物 |
[11:41] | It’s just the injustice of it. | 真是太不公平了 |
[11:44] | What do you think? | 你怎么觉得 |
[11:45] | Me? I think this is something | 我吗 我觉得 |
[11:47] | that you and the gals would have a lot of fun talking about. | 你和姑娘们聊这事会聊得很开心 |
[11:52] | I haven’t talked to them in four days, | 我四天没和她们说话了 |
[11:53] | and I don’t miss them at all. | 我一点也不想她们 |
[11:55] | Well, your only other option is to relax and watch Jaws with me. | 你唯一的其它选择就是放松 跟我看《大白鲨》 |
[11:59] | Sure. Fine. Great. | 行吧 真好 |
[12:05] | Is this where they came up with “Jump the shark”? | 跳跃鲨鱼[剧情走下坡路]就是从这里起源的吗 |
[12:07] | ‘Cause this is awful. | 因为这太烂了 |
[12:16] | Ah, North Valley School of Law. | 北谷法学院 |
[12:21] | The time has come for us to settle for each other. | 我们接受对方的时候到了 |
[12:40] | It’s been suggested to me by my loving fiance | 我可爱的未婚夫向我建议 |
[12:43] | that I might like to get my “Bitter, angry ass” to a meeting. | “刻薄愤怒的我”最好去参加互助会 |
[12:46] | Care to join? | 想来吗 |
[12:48] | No, I got work to do. | 不了 我还要忙 |
[12:49] | Okay. Just a heads up, | 好吧 提醒一下 |
[12:50] | he’s in there watching Jaws like it’s Zookeeper. | 他在看《大白鲨》 好像那是《动物园看守》一样 |
[12:53] | At least in that one the animals talk. | 至少那部电影里动物会说话 |
[13:03] | Watching Jaws. | 在看《大白鲨》 |
[13:05] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[13:09] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[13:11] | I don’t want to bother you; you’re watching your movie. | 我不想打扰你 你在看电影 |
[13:13] | I can pause it. But don’t tell your mom. | 我能暂停 但别告诉你妈妈 |
[13:15] | I wouldn’t do it for her. | 我不会为她暂停的 |
[13:18] | So what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[13:27] | I didn’t get into law school. | 我没考上法学院 |
[13:32] | Which one? | 哪一所 |
[13:33] | All of them. | 所有的 |
[13:36] | This was my last hope. | 这是我最后的希望 |
[13:38] | Aw, Christy, I’m so sorry. | 克丽丝蒂 真遗憾 |
[13:41] | This has been the entire focus of my life for four years. | 这是我过去四年里的一切生活重心 |
[13:46] | It never occurred to me I wouldn’t get in anywhere. | 我从没想过哪所法学院都不收我 |
[13:51] | So what do you do now? | 那你现在怎么办 |
[13:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:55] | What’d your mom say? | 你妈妈怎么说 |
[13:59] | I didn’t tell her. | 我没告诉她 |
[14:01] | I’m too embarrassed. | 我太丢脸了 |
[14:06] | I want to say the right thing, but… | 我想说得体的话 但是 |
[14:09] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[14:11] | Do you maybe want me to call Marjorie or Jill or… | 也许你想让我打给玛乔丽或者吉尔或者 |
[14:14] | What’s that other one’s name? | 还有一个姑娘叫什么名字来着 |
[14:18] | They don’t want to hear about me and school anymore. | 她们不想听我说学校的事了 |
[14:21] | Well, then… | 那 |
[14:25] | That… | 那 |
[14:28] | That’s a real pickle. | 真是麻烦了 |
[14:34] | Pickle? | 麻烦 |
[14:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:38] | It’s okay. I’m just gonna go upstairs. | 没事 我要去楼上了 |
[14:44] | Here’s something. | 我想到了 |
[14:45] | When a door closes, a window opens. | 当一扇门关闭时 一扇窗户就会打开 |
[14:48] | Thanks, all better! | 谢谢 我好多了 |
[14:53] | – Hey. Jill. Alcoholic. – Hi, Jill. | -大家好 吉尔 酒瘾者 -你好 吉尔 |
[14:56] | First of all, I don’t know who came up with having | 首先 我不知道谁想出了 |
[14:58] | a candlelight meeting, but kudos. | 烛光互助会的主意 但是太赞了 |
[15:01] | I’m sure it’s all about being spiritual and whatnot, | 这肯定是为了静修什么的 |
[15:03] | but I appreciate it on a day | 但我很感激 |
[15:05] | when I didn’t get to touch up my makeup. | 因为今天我没空化妆 |
[15:08] | Anyway, I don’t usually come to this meeting, | 总之 我一般不来这个互助会 |
[15:13] | but I’m avoiding some folks. | 但我在躲着一些人 |
[15:17] | Um, this isn’t easy to share about… | 这不容易分享 |
[15:25] | …but, um, I have a lot of money. | 但是我有很多钱 |
[15:28] | I always have. | 我一直都有 |
[15:30] | And I know that sounds great, | 我知道那听起来很棒 |
[15:32] | and it is sometimes, like when you want to buy stuff. | 有时候的确是 当你想买买买的时候 |
[15:37] | But I’ve never been able to trust whether or not | 但我从来都没办法信任 |
[15:39] | people were in my life for the right reasons. | 我生命中的人是否出于正确的理由而出现 |
[15:43] | Like did my classmates want to attend my 13th birthday party, | 比如说我的同学是想参加我的13岁生日派对呢 |
[15:46] | or did they just want to go to Maui? | 还是他们只是想去毛伊岛 |
[15:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:51] | I’ll never know. | 我永远都不知道 |
[15:54] | I thought I finally found some friends | 我以为我终于找到了一些朋友 |
[15:56] | who loved me for who I am, but the second I stopped | 她们爱我这个人 但从我停止买单 |
[15:59] | picking up the check, everything went to hell. | 那一刻开始 一切都变得很糟糕 |
[16:05] | And I-I don’t expect you to feel sorry for me. | 我不指望你们为我觉得难受 |
[16:09] | But you should ’cause it’s hard. | 但你们该如此 因为那很难 |
[16:12] | Also, apropos of nothing, I recently lost 115 pounds. | 而且我顺口一提 我最近减掉了115磅 |
[16:22] | Hey, Christy, over here! | 克丽丝蒂 这边 |
[16:24] | Oh, hey, Brendan. | 好啊 布兰登 |
[16:26] | Yeah, come on! Come on. Over here. Come here. | 过来 快过来 |
[16:28] | Come on. Sit down. | 来坐下 |
[16:31] | Come here. Come on. Yeah. | 过来吧 |
[16:33] | Hey, what’s your poison? | 你喝的什么酒 |
[16:35] | Uh, sadly, gazpacho. | 很不幸 辣味冷菜汤 |
[16:38] | I really wanted the chili– like, I needed the chili– | 我真想要辣肉酱 我真的很需要 |
[16:41] | but they were out. | 但是卖完了 |
[16:42] | Cool. I’m kind of drunk. | 酷 我有些醉了 |
[16:45] | Uh, but we’re celebrating. | 但我们在庆祝 |
[16:47] | Uh, Jessica, Tom and Leo | 洁西卡 汤姆和里奥 |
[16:48] | got into UCLA Law, | 被加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院录取了 |
[16:49] | I got into Berkeley, and Leslie’s going to North Valley. | 我被伯克利大学录取了 莱斯莉要上北谷大学 |
[16:52] | Hey, what can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[16:54] | It’s a school. | 好歹是所大学 |
[16:58] | Brendan, how did you get into | 布兰登 你怎么被 |
[16:59] | the most prestigious law school on the West Coast? | 西海岸最著名的法学院录取的 |
[17:02] | Adderall and luck. | 阿得拉药和运气 |
[17:07] | …and the wisdom to know the difference. | 请给我智慧去分辨它们 |
[17:10] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[17:19] | Oh. Hello. | 你好啊 |
[17:21] | Yeah, it’s me. | 对 是我 |
[17:25] | Looks like we were avoiding each other at the same meeting. | 看上去我们为了躲避彼此 来到了同一个互助会 |
[17:31] | I heard your share. | 我听到了你的分享 |
[17:33] | It wasn’t about you. | 说的不是你 |
[17:36] | Entirely. | 不完全是 |
[17:40] | I guess one of the good things about being poor is | 我想当穷人的一个好处就是 |
[17:42] | I never had to worry about why people wanted to be my friend. | 我从来不需要担心人们为什么想当我的朋友 |
[17:46] | Except of course when I had blow. | 当然 除了我有可卡因的时候 |
[17:47] | Oh, yeah. Everybody loves you when you’re holding. | 是啊 你有毒品时大家都爱你 |
[17:55] | I’m sorry about what happened. | 我想为发生的事对你道歉 |
[17:59] | And I want you to know that I’d be your friend | 我想告诉你 不管你有没有钱 |
[18:01] | whether you had money or not. | 我都愿意当你的朋友 |
[18:04] | And I know you’re mine, | 我知道你是我的朋友 |
[18:06] | ’cause let’s face it, I come with zero perks. | 因为我们面对现实吧 我什么好处都没有 |
[18:10] | Not a one. | 什么都没有 |
[18:21] | So where did you get in? | 你上了哪所大学 |
[18:24] | I didn’t. | 我没上 |
[18:26] | Nowhere? | 哪里都没上吗 |
[18:27] | Nope. You? | 没有 你呢 |
[18:29] | Nothing. | 我也是 |
[18:31] | Kicking myself for not applying to North Valley. | 真后悔我没申请北谷大学 |
[18:34] | They accept anyone with a pulse. | 只要是活人 他们都要 |
[18:37] | I am proof that’s not true. | 他们就没要我啊 |
[18:39] | No way. You didn’t get into North Valley?! | 不是吧 连北谷大学都没收你吗 |
[18:42] | Keep it down. | 小声点 |
[18:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:46] | Well, in that case, I think that you need this more than I do. | 那样的话 我想你比我更需要这杯酒 |
[19:05] | Hello? | 喂 |
[19:08] | Oh, hey, Jill. | 吉尔 |
[19:14] | I’m glad you called. | 很高兴你打来了电话 |
[19:25] | I just want to make it really clear, | 我只想说清楚 |
[19:27] | I am buying Jill an iced tea and a side salad. | 我要请吉尔冰红茶和附餐沙拉 |
[19:29] | The rest of you are on your own, so order accordingly. | 其余人各付各的 所以你们自己点餐吧 |
[19:32] | I kind of wanted to pay for Jill. | 我还想请吉尔呢 |
[19:34] | You do it next time. | 下次吧 |
[19:35] | But if you want to order fries for the table, | 但如果你想点份薯条 |
[19:37] | no one’s gonna stop you. | 没人会拦着你 |
[19:38] | I want to make a toast. | 我想干杯 |
[19:40] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[19:42] | Not being able to talk to you guys was really terrible. | 没法和你们聊天真是太糟糕了 |
[19:45] | Tell me about it. I felt so useless. | 就是啊 我感觉自己好没用 |
[19:48] | I was so lonely. | 我好孤独 |
[19:49] | Apparently, I became “Irritating.” | 显然 我变得很恼人 |
[19:52] | And I almost drank. Cheers. | 我差点喝酒了 干杯 |
[19:54] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[19:56] | Sweetie, what happened? | 亲爱的 出了什么事 |
[19:58] | Are you sure you want to know? | 你们真的想知道吗 |
[20:00] | It’s a “Christy goes back to school” Story. | 是克丽丝蒂回学校的故事 |
[20:04] | Of course we want to know. | 我们当然想知道 |
[20:09] | I didn’t get into any of the law schools I applied to. | 我申请的所有法学院全拒绝我了 |
[20:12] | – Oh, no. – Oh, that sucks. – I’m sorry. | -不 -真糟糕 -很遗憾 |
[20:15] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[20:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:19] | Shock, shame. | 震惊 羞耻 |
[20:21] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[20:23] | Um, we’re ready to order. | 我们准备好点餐了 |
[20:24] | And could you keep the coffee coming please, | 你能一直给我们上咖啡吗 |
[20:27] | ’cause we’re gonna be here for a while. | 我们要在这里待一段时间 |