时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这里做什么 |
[00:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[00:11] | Well, don’t you have school? | 你今天没课吗 |
[00:13] | Nope. | 没 |
[00:14] | What about work? | 工作呢 |
[00:16] | I killed myself studying for the LSATs. | 我为法考学了个半死 |
[00:18] | I’m taking a few days off. | 所以我要休几天假 |
[00:19] | So you’re just gonna be… | 所以你就待在 |
[00:22] | here? | 这儿吗 |
[00:24] | That’s the plan. | 计划如此 |
[00:26] | What’s she doing home? | 她在家里做什么 |
[00:29] | She’s taking a few days off. | 她要休几天假 |
[00:30] | So she’s just gonna be… here? | 所以她就待在这儿吗 |
[00:34] | Am I really that big of a monkey wrench? | 我有那么烦人吗 |
[00:37] | No, don’t be silly. Listen, I’m gonna split. | 别说傻话 听着 我走了 |
[00:41] | Sorry, honey. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[00:42] | I’m as blindsided as you are. | 我和你一样毫无防备 |
[00:44] | Adam, I didn’t mean to chase you out. | 亚当 我不想赶你走 |
[00:46] | Oh, no, it’s not about you, Christy. Call me if she leaves. | 不是因为你 克丽丝蒂 她走了给我打电话 |
[00:52] | What the hell goes on here when I’m gone? | 我走的时候这里在干嘛啊 |
[00:53] | Don’t ask the question | 不想知道画面 |
[00:54] | if you don’t want to picture the answer. | 就别问这个问题 |
[00:58] | I watch The View at 11:00. | 我11点会看《观点》 |
[00:59] | Is that gonna be a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[01:01] | Can I watch with you? | 我能和你看吗 |
[01:04] | Geez. Now there’s someone at the door? | 天啊 门口又有人 |
[01:06] | This day is a disaster. | 今天真是个灾难 |
[01:10] | – Yeah? – I’m sorry to bother you. Are you the building manager? | -干嘛 -抱歉打扰 你是大楼管理员吗 |
[01:13] | – Maybe. You a cop? – Do I look like a cop? | -也许是 你是条子吗 -我看起来像条子吗 |
[01:15] | The good ones don’t. | 好条子都看不出来 |
[01:17] | Well, actually, I saw the vacancy sign out front, | 其实我看到了前面的空房标志 |
[01:19] | and I’m interested in the apartment. | 我对那间公寓感兴趣 |
[01:20] | Oh, great. Two bedroom, two bath, | 很好 双卧 双卫 |
[01:22] | first and last, you know the drill. | 两月定金 规矩你懂的 |
[01:23] | Can you be any more specific? | 你能说得更详细点吗 |
[01:25] | Uh, square footage, building amenities? | 面积 设施 |
[01:27] | Square footage, I would say medium. | 面积…中等吧 |
[01:30] | And, uh, as for amenities, | 至于设施 |
[01:32] | there’s a weird guy on the third floor | 三楼有个怪人 |
[01:33] | who’ll rub your feet if you let him. | 如果你同意 他会为你揉脚 |
[01:35] | I have a dog. Is that okay? | 我有条狗 没关系吧 |
[01:37] | The building owner doesn’t allow pets, | 业主不允许养宠物 |
[01:39] | but if you slip me 50 bucks, we never had this conversation. | 但如果你偷偷给我五十块 我们就当没谈过这事 |
[01:42] | So it’ll be our little secret? | 所以会成为我们的小秘密 |
[01:44] | What? Who? | 什么 谁 |
[01:45] | See? That’s what your $50 buys. | 看 这就是你五十块能买到的 |
[01:48] | Well, this has been fun. | 真有意思 |
[01:49] | I’m Rita Gennaro, | 我是瑞塔·热内罗 |
[01:51] | the new owner of this building, | 我是这栋楼的新业主 |
[01:53] | and we are off to a very poor start. | 我们开头很不顺利 |
[01:57] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[02:01] | – What is wrong with you? – I don’t know. I panicked. | -你有什么毛病 -我不知道 我慌了 |
[02:03] | You threw my whole day off. | 你让我一天都不顺 |
[02:25] | Here you go. If it’s not how you like it, | 给 如果你不喜欢 |
[02:28] | I’ll make a new pot. | 我再给你煮一杯 |
[02:29] | Please don’t fire my mother. | 请别解雇我妈妈 |
[02:31] | You’re sweet. We’ll see. | 你真贴心 再说吧 |
[02:34] | So, how’d you end up owning the building? | 你怎么会成为大楼业主的 |
[02:36] | What happened to Tony, who I never saw | 托尼怎么了 我从没见过他 |
[02:38] | except when he brought me my Christmas bonus? | 除了他给我送来圣诞奖金时 |
[02:40] | My husband ran off with a home-wrecking slut. | 我丈夫和一个破坏家庭的荡妇跑了 |
[02:43] | Oh, no. Well, does that mean | 不 这意味着 |
[02:45] | you’ll be bringing me my Christmas bonus? | 以后你给我送圣诞奖金吗 |
[02:48] | You know, I’m divorced, too, | 你知道吗 我也离婚了 |
[02:50] | so I know what you’re wrestling with. | 我知道你面对着怎样的困难 |
[02:52] | Do I care about your life? | 我关心你的生活吗 |
[02:54] | Nope. No, you don’t, and you shouldn’t. | 你不关心 也不必关心 |
[02:57] | So, what went down with Tony, whose toupee is no secret? | 托尼怎么回事 他的假发可不是秘密 |
[03:07] | He woke up one day and told me, | 他有天起床告诉我 |
[03:09] | “I’m leaving you for the dry cleaner.” | 我要为干洗工离开你 |
[03:11] | I just thought he was announcing his errands | 我还以为他只是比较正式地宣布 |
[03:13] | in a very formal way. | 他要去干洗店 |
[03:15] | And then my world fell apart. | 然后我的世界崩塌了 |
[03:17] | Your dry cleaner is a woman? | 你的干洗工是个女人吗 |
[03:19] | That’s the interesting part of the story for you? | 你就对故事的这部分感兴趣吗 |
[03:22] | You just don’t see it that often. | 只是不太常见 |
[03:24] | It’s like a kindergarten teacher who’s a man. | 就像男幼师 |
[03:26] | Not wrong, just weird. | 没有错 只是怪 |
[03:27] | Do you get money from the state to keep her? | 州政府给你发钱让你留下她吗 |
[03:31] | I should, shouldn’t I? | 我应该要 对吧 |
[03:33] | Well, Rita, this has been a treat. | 瑞塔 很高兴见到你 |
[03:34] | Definitely pop in every couple of months. | 隔几个月一定要来看看 |
[03:36] | We’d love to see you. | 我们喜欢见你 |
[03:38] | – I’m not done. – And she’s not done. | -我没说完 -她没说完 |
[03:40] | I want this building to generate income, | 我要这栋楼创收 |
[03:42] | and if we clean it up, I can raise the rent. | 清理干净我就能涨租金了 |
[03:45] | I could understand if he left me for some hot young thing, | 如果他为年轻性感的女人离开我 我还能理解 |
[03:48] | but she’s a tubby seamstress | 但她是个胖裁缝 |
[03:49] | with a mole the size of Coney Island. | 长了颗科尼岛那么大的痣 |
[03:52] | So sorry you’re going through such a… | 很抱歉你经历了… |
[03:53] | Are we friends all of a sudden? | 我们突然成朋友了吗 |
[03:54] | Well, I thought we shared a moment. | 我想着我们有一刻交心 |
[03:56] | We didn’t. | 我们并没有 |
[03:58] | Now, I got a list of things I need you to take care of. | 现在我有一清单的事要你去做 |
[04:01] | Yikes. Both sides, huh? | 天啊 两面都有 |
[04:03] | Can I hire someone to do this work? | 我能雇某人做这些事吗 |
[04:05] | I already did hire someone. | 我已经雇了某人 |
[04:07] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[04:12] | I’ll be back Friday to check on the progress. | 我周五会回来检查进度 |
[04:14] | Or you could go on a long cruise. | 或者你可以乘游轮远航 |
[04:16] | Lot of people get a second chance of love on those things. | 很多人在船上找到了第二个真爱 |
[04:19] | – Friday! – Cruise! | -周五 -远航 |
[04:24] | Let me show you what I think about this list. | 我让你看看我对这清单怎么想 |
[04:28] | What is the matter with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[04:30] | If she fires you, we lose our home. | 如果她解雇你 我们会失去房子 |
[04:33] | Hold that thought. | 等等 |
[04:35] | Hi, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[04:38] | Yeah, she’s still here. | 是的 她还在 |
[04:48] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[04:49] | Are you actually working on the list? | 你真在做清单上的事吗 |
[04:51] | Yeah. I got to thinking | 是的 我想着 |
[04:52] | if I do one or two of the easy ones, | 我先做一两件简单的事 |
[04:54] | it’ll get her off of my ass for a while. | 能让她消停一阵子 |
[04:56] | Is that duct tape? | 那是胶带吗 |
[04:58] | Hey, I’ve never used a hammer here. | 我从没在这里用过锤头 |
[04:59] | I’m not gonna break my streak now. | 我可不想打破传统 |
[05:03] | Well, at least I have | 至少我有一辆 |
[05:04] | a nice, new car to live in. | 不错的新车可以住 |
[05:07] | Come on, baby. | 拜托 宝贝 |
[05:09] | Just till Friday. | 给我撑到周五 |
[05:14] | Hey, watch your step, Mr. Munson. | 注意脚下 芒森先生 |
[05:15] | I’m on a ladder over here. | 我站在梯子上 |
[05:17] | Let me guess, you’re finally hanging yourself? | 让我猜猜 你终于上吊了 |
[05:23] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[05:24] | I’m doing repairs around the building. | 我在修理大楼设备 |
[05:27] | I figured you’d hang yourself before you did that. | 我以为你宁愿上吊也不做 |
[05:30] | – Ha-ha-ha. – Hmm. | -哈哈哈 -嗯 |
[05:31] | I’m coming up in a couple hours to install your smoke detector, | 我几小时后上去给你装烟雾警报器 |
[05:34] | so make sure you’re wearing pants. | 所以确保你穿着裤子 |
[05:36] | I could say the same thing to you. | 我也能对你说同样的话 |
[05:46] | Get ready, Match.Com. | 接招吧 约会网 |
[05:53] | Whoa, that’s a lot of nose. | 鼻子太大了 |
[05:59] | Rita, hi. | 瑞塔 你好 |
[06:01] | Oh, look who’s a girl. | 看看谁打扮成女人了 |
[06:04] | Yeah, I’m just trying to take a picture for a dating site. | 是啊 我只是在为约会网拍照 |
[06:08] | I found my son doing that same thing. | 我儿子也在做同样的事 |
[06:10] | His makeup was more subtle. | 他的妆比较淡 |
[06:13] | Well, I recently broke up with someone, | 我最近和某人分手了 |
[06:15] | so, you know, I’m trying to get back out there and… | 所以我想重返情场… |
[06:17] | We’re not bonding here. | 我们没在交心 |
[06:20] | I found another leak in the laundry room. | 我在洗衣间又找到了一处漏水点 |
[06:22] | The banister on the back staircase is loose. | 后楼梯的扶栏松了 |
[06:24] | Why aren’t you writing this down? | 你为什么不记下来 |
[06:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:30] | Leak, banister. | 漏水 扶栏 |
[06:33] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[06:34] | Would I keep it a secret? | 我难道会保密吗 |
[06:38] | Right. | 好 |
[06:39] | Hey, listen, um, | 听着 |
[06:41] | I know this is a little weird, but since you’re here, | 我知道这有点奇怪 但既然你来了 |
[06:43] | could you help me get a picture? | 你能帮我拍照张吗 |
[06:45] | My arms aren’t long enough to make my nose look normal. | 我胳膊没长到让我的鼻子看起来正常 |
[06:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:50] | I want to look pretty, but not slutty. | 我要看起来漂亮 但不浪 |
[06:52] | Available, but not desperate. | 可交往 但不急于交往 |
[06:54] | – Smart, but not… – There. | -聪明 但不… -好了 |
[06:57] | But I wasn’t quite… | 但我还没… |
[07:00] | Wow, that’s perfect. | 天啊 完美 |
[07:01] | I hope you find someone quickly | 我希望你快点找到某人 |
[07:03] | because at the rate your mother’s going, | 因为照你妈妈这进度 |
[07:04] | you’re going to need to find a new place to live. | 你得找一个新住处了 |
[07:07] | No, no, no, no, she is trying so hard. | 不不不 她非常努力 |
[07:10] | She really does love this job. | 她真的喜欢这份工作 |
[07:11] | And my husband loved me. | 我丈夫还喜欢我呢 |
[07:13] | Things change. | 世事无常 |
[07:16] | Tell your mother | 告诉你妈妈 |
[07:18] | if she doesn’t complete the repairs in three days, | 如果她三天完成不了修理 |
[07:20] | she’s out. | 她就被炒了 |
[07:22] | But if you kick her out, | 但如果你赶走她 |
[07:23] | you’re gonna have to kick me out. | 你也得赶走我 |
[07:25] | Maybe the new building manager can let you live with them. | 也许新大楼管理员会允许你住一起 |
[07:28] | You could be like the cat that comes with the apartment. | 你可以当那种公寓附带的猫咪 |
[07:31] | No, no, she’s gonna do it. You’ll see. | 不不 她会做到的 你会看到的 |
[07:33] | She’s not nearly as incompetent as you might think. | 她没你想的那么无能 |
[07:39] | Was that the light? | 是灯吗 |
[07:41] | I’m adding it to the list. | 我会加到清单上 |
[07:48] | Is she gone? | 她走了吗 |
[07:49] | Where’d you come from? | 你从哪来的 |
[07:50] | I saw her car out front, so I snuck around back. | 我看到她车停在前面 所以我从后面溜进来的 |
[07:52] | Corn dog? | 吃玉米热狗吗 |
[07:56] | Ah, look at this. | 看看 |
[07:58] | “Take pictures of work when you’re finished and send to me”? | 干完活后拍下来发给我 |
[08:01] | Who does she think she is? | 她以为她是谁啊 |
[08:03] | I got your first picture right here. | 让老娘给你拍第一张照片 |
[08:05] | – Mom. – Oh, right. | -妈妈 -对 |
[08:07] | Whoa! No! No! | 不不 |
[08:09] | Oh. You mean don’t do it. | 你们是说别做啊 |
[08:13] | Sorry, Bonnie, but I’m with Rita. | 抱歉 邦妮 但我支持瑞塔 |
[08:15] | If I don’t crack the whip with my staff, | 如果我不对员工凶点 |
[08:16] | my swans will never get fed. | 他们就永远不会喂天鹅 |
[08:18] | Oh, you and your relatable problems. | 你和你接地气的烦恼 |
[08:22] | You’ve been managing this building for four years. | 你已经管理这栋楼四年了 |
[08:25] | You know the job. Why are you fighting so hard against it? | 你知道该做什么 为什么这么抗拒 |
[08:28] | Oh, look who’s found something to sink her dentures into. | 看看谁找到假牙能啃的东西了 |
[08:31] | And I already ordered, so I can’t leave. | 而且我已经点餐了 我不能走 |
[08:33] | Why are you sweating about this? | 你为什么这么介意 |
[08:35] | Just do your job. | 做好你的工作就行了 |
[08:37] | Says the woman whose only job is shopping. | 唯一的工作是购物的女人说道 |
[08:40] | Hey, I am at those stores every morning at 10:00 A.M. When they open up. | 那些店每天早上10点开门时我都在 |
[08:45] | I would’ve fired you days ago. | 我几天前就会炒了你 |
[08:46] | I would’ve fired her years ago. | 我几年前就会炒了她 |
[08:48] | – I would’ve never hired her in the first place. – You know what, | -我压根不会雇她 -知道吗 |
[08:50] | I don’t have to sit here and listen to this. Screw you all. | 我不用坐在这里听你们哔哔 去你们的 |
[08:53] | Waitress, I’d like my taco bowl in the bathroom. | 服务员 把我的卷饼碗送到厕所里 |
[09:03] | Well, this was not a good plan. | 这计划不太好 |
[09:08] | Bonnie… | 邦妮 |
[09:08] | No. | 不 |
[09:11] | Why do I keep locking myself into smaller spaces? | 我为什么一直把自己关在更小的地方 |
[09:14] | Go away! | 走开 |
[09:16] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不去任何地方 |
[09:18] | Well, then I guess I live here now. | 那我猜我要住这了 |
[09:20] | What are you doing, Bonnie? | 你在做什么 邦妮 |
[09:22] | Oh, don’t go all Marjorie on me please. | 拜托别对我来玛乔丽式说教 |
[09:23] | I hate my boss. | 我恨我老板 |
[09:24] | There’s no underlying blah, blah, blah. | 没有什么深意 |
[09:26] | Oh, there’s always underlying blah, blah, blah. | 总是有深意的 |
[09:29] | Are you trying to blow up your life? | 你是想搞砸自己的生活吗 |
[09:31] | No! | 不 |
[09:32] | Okay, let’s play a game. | 好 我们玩个游戏 |
[09:34] | – Pretend I’m your boss. – Good-bye. | -假装我是你老板 -再见 |
[09:36] | That job puts a roof over your head. | 那工作给了你住处 |
[09:39] | Why are you so resistant to doing it? | 你为什么这么抗拒 |
[09:41] | Because I hate it! | 因为我讨厌这工作 |
[09:43] | It’s humiliating! | 非常屈辱 |
[09:44] | I’m in my 50s, and I’m plunging toilets. | 我五十岁了 还在通厕所 |
[09:46] | – This was not the dream, Marge. – Okay, what is the dream? | -那不是我的梦想 玛乔 -那你的梦想是什么 |
[09:49] | Well, I don’t know, but it doesn’t involve | 我不知道 但那并不包括 |
[09:50] | chasing raccoons out of a garbage closet. | 把浣熊赶出垃圾壁橱 |
[09:53] | But that is the job. | 但那就是工作 |
[09:54] | Right. And if I do it well, | 没错 如果我做得好 |
[09:55] | then I’ll be doing it for the rest of my life, | 那我这辈子都会做这事 |
[09:57] | and then that’s just who I am. | 那我就是这样的人了 |
[10:00] | Damn it, | 该死 |
[10:01] | we just found the underlying blah, blah, blah. | 我们刚发现了深意 |
[10:05] | Look, you might not be doing what you want to with your life, | 你现在也许没做自己想做的事 |
[10:07] | but that’s not Rita’s fault. | 但那不是瑞塔的错 |
[10:09] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[10:11] | Bonnie, the job isn’t who you are. | 邦妮 工作并不是你的身份 |
[10:13] | It’s just what you’re doing on the road to what you’re gonna be. | 只是你在成为想做的人的路上做的事 |
[10:17] | I said shut up. | 我说了闭嘴 |
[10:21] | Did you actually want this in here? | 你真想在这里吃吗 |
[10:25] | No fork? What am I, an animal? | 没叉子吗 我是动物吗 |
[10:34] | Got to say, these things are a lot easier | 我得说 这玩意儿里面没尸体时 |
[10:36] | to drag without a body inside. | 搬起来容易多了 |
[10:42] | Adam, what the hell are you doing? | 亚当 你在干什么呢 |
[10:44] | Fixing the fountain. | 修好喷泉 |
[10:45] | All I said was clean out the leaves. | 我只让你清理树叶 |
[10:48] | I told you above and beyond makes her mad. | 我跟你说了做更多的事会让她生气 |
[10:51] | I just think if this was level | 我只是觉得如果这玩意儿放水平了 |
[10:52] | and the tubing was replaced, | 并且换掉管子 |
[10:54] | that I could get it working again. | 那我就能让它重新工作了 |
[10:55] | You could even have fish in here. | 这里甚至可以养鱼 |
[10:57] | Fish? She barely kept me alive. | 鱼 她连我都养不活 |
[11:00] | What will you talk about when you finally forgive me for the past? | 等你终于为过去的事原谅我 你会说什么 |
[11:04] | I’m not overly concerned. | 我不怎么操心那个 |
[11:07] | Just shove that thing back on the wall. | 把那玩意儿推回墙里就行 |
[11:08] | Hey, you know, don’t ask for my help | 如果你不想让我好好干活 |
[11:09] | if you don’t want the job done right. | 就别找我帮忙 |
[11:13] | Oh, God, Rita’s coming. | 天啊 瑞塔来了 |
[11:14] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[11:15] | All the birds just flew out of that tree. | 所有鸟都从那树上飞走了 |
[11:19] | Rita, hi. What a lovely giant flower sweater. | 瑞塔 嗨 真是件漂亮的巨大花朵毛衣 |
[11:28] | I thought I made it clear I’m not paying for extra help. | 我以为我说清楚了 我不会给帮手付钱 |
[11:30] | Oh, don’t worry, I pay him in sex and her in Doritos. | 别担心 我肉偿他 给她吃立体脆 |
[11:34] | Cool Ranch, family size. | 清凉牧场薯片 家庭装 |
[11:37] | So you two are together? | 你俩在一起吗 |
[11:39] | Yes, this is Adam, my fiancé. | 是的 这是亚当 我未婚夫 |
[11:41] | – Hi, good to meet you… – Let me see the ring. | -很高兴认识你 -让我看看戒指 |
[11:44] | Nice. Just be careful where you send his shirts. | 不错 小心他的干洗工 |
[11:48] | Rita, I want to apologize | 瑞塔 我想道歉 |
[11:51] | if I seemed a little resistant | 我可能有些反抗 |
[11:52] | to what are obviously necessary upgrades to our lovely building. | 我们美丽大楼明显需要的升级 |
[11:56] | You are the boss, so what you say goes. | 你是老板 所以按你的话来 |
[11:59] | Thank you for understanding | 谢谢你的理解 |
[12:00] | what everyone else who has a job already understands. | 而有工作的其他人都懂这点 |
[12:06] | Oh, my God, I got a match on Match. I matched. | 天啊 我在约会网上有匹配了 我配上了 |
[12:10] | Is it desperate if I call him right now? | 我现在给他打电话是不是太饥渴了 |
[12:11] | I don’t, I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[12:13] | You’ve done such a wonderful job with her. | 你把她教得真好 |
[12:16] | Now, I’ve been looking over the rent receipts | 我最近在看租金收据 |
[12:18] | and we have a few tenants that are behind. | 有几个租客拖欠了房租 |
[12:21] | Anyone who owes more than two months, | 拖欠房租超过两个月的人 |
[12:24] | get the money or evict them. | 要么收到房租 要么赶走他们 |
[12:25] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[12:26] | I have some experience shaking down people for money. | 我有向别人敲诈钱的经历 |
[12:29] | As part of my extensive… charity work. | 我过去做过许多慈善工作 |
[12:33] | Yes, that fits perfectly with everything I know about you. | 是啊 这完全符合我对你的一切认知 |
[12:37] | Funny one, boss. | 真好笑 老板 |
[12:39] | I’ll find out whose bike that is. | 我会查出那是谁的自行车 |
[12:45] | Wow, Bonnie, you handled that great. | 邦妮 你处理得真好 |
[12:48] | Oh, good, you’re impressed. What the hell do I care? | 真好 你觉得我厉害 我在乎吗 |
[12:50] | Why are you snapping at me? | 你为什么对我吼 |
[12:51] | Because I can’t snap at her. | 因为我不能对她吼 |
[12:53] | I love you, you’re sweet. | 我爱你 你真贴心 |
[12:57] | Quick question, am I desperate enough | 快速问一句 我跟魔术师吃冻酸奶 |
[12:59] | to have frozen yogurt with a magician? | 是不是显得很饥渴 |
[13:02] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[13:04] | Hi, Mr. Mysterio, it’s a go. | 神秘先生 我去 |
[13:11] | Three months? I thought I was only two months behind. | 三个月吗 我以为我只欠了两个月的房租 |
[13:14] | Sorry to bring it up, | 抱歉提起这事 |
[13:15] | it’s just the new owner is kind of cracking down. | 只是新老板很严厉 |
[13:19] | So… where do you hide the cash? | 你把现金藏哪儿了 |
[13:23] | Cereal box? Cookie jar? | 麦片盒 饼干罐 |
[13:26] | Stuffed inside a frozen chicken? | 塞在冻鸡肉里面 |
[13:28] | Thieves never look inside a chicken. | 小偷绝对不会看鸡里面 |
[13:32] | You know what, I’m out of checks. | 我没支票了 |
[13:33] | How ’bout I get it to you later this week? | 这周晚些时候我给你怎么样 |
[13:35] | I kind of need it now. | 我现在就要 |
[13:36] | I could drive you to the bank. | 我可以开车送你去银行 |
[13:39] | I don’t have it, Bonnie. | 我没钱 邦妮 |
[13:41] | You mean like on the level you don’t have it? | 你是说你真的没钱吗 |
[13:43] | I don’t know if you’re looking at me, but I’m shaking my head. | 我不知道你是否在看我 但我在摇头 |
[13:46] | You’ve lived here for a hundred years, | 你在这里住了一百年了 |
[13:47] | you’re never late with the rent. | 你从来不拖欠房租 |
[13:49] | Hang on, you just put two of the big ones | 等等 你把两颗大药片 |
[13:51] | in the Thursday slot. Is that right? | 放进了周四的槽里 对吗 |
[13:53] | It is if I want to sleep till Sunday. | 如果我想睡到周日 那就对 |
[13:56] | – Let me do this. – Yeah. | -让我来 -好 |
[13:59] | – One in each? – Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks. | -一个萝卜一个坑吗 -是的 谢谢 |
[14:02] | I’m not, uh, concentrating too good right now. | 我现在精力不大集中 |
[14:05] | So what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[14:06] | Well, a couple of months ago, I got diagnosed with, uh, prostate cancer. | 几个月前 我被确诊了前列腺癌 |
[14:10] | They found it early, | 他们发现得早 |
[14:11] | but they put me on a couple of medications | 但他们让我吃了几种退伍军人事务部 |
[14:13] | the VA doesn’t cover, so… | 不报销的药 所以 |
[14:15] | You can’t pay your rent. | 你付不起房租了 |
[14:17] | Oh, I could pay it, but then I’d have a whole lot of cancer. | 我可以付 但那样的话我就会得癌症了 |
[14:22] | Sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[14:24] | These ones are… Monday, Wednesday, and-and Friday. | 这些是周一 周三和周五吃的 |
[14:30] | There’s got to be something you can do. | 你肯定可以做点什么 |
[14:31] | Well, I’ve been trying to avoid the building manager, | 我一直在躲着大楼管理员 |
[14:35] | but here you are. | 但你还是来了 |
[14:42] | Son of a bitch. | 王八蛋 |
[14:44] | – We just took a break. – It’s been two minutes. | -我们只是在休息 -才两分钟 |
[14:46] | – Not you. Munson. – Who’s Munson? | -不是你们 是芒森 -芒森是谁 |
[14:48] | Blind guy who lives upstairs. | 住楼上的盲人 |
[14:50] | Oh, I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[14:52] | One day we were hanging out in front of the building, | 有天我们在大楼前面坐着 |
[14:54] | we made five bucks for doing nothing. | 我们啥也没做 就赚了五块 |
[14:59] | You guys should go out there till he makes his rent | 你俩该出去继续坐 直到他赚到房租 |
[15:01] | ’cause he’s three months behind. | 他已经三个月没交了 |
[15:03] | And he won’t pay? | 他不付钱吗 |
[15:04] | He can’t. | 他付不起 |
[15:05] | I’m not evicting a blind veteran who has cancer. | 我可不要赶走一个得了癌症的瞎子退伍老兵 |
[15:07] | I’m not doing it. | 我可不要 |
[15:08] | He’s got cancer? | 他得了癌症吗 |
[15:09] | Prostate. And you’re getting a full physical, mister, | 前列腺癌 你要进行全面的体检 先生 |
[15:11] | including the finger thing. | 包括前列腺 |
[15:14] | And don’t pinch up, they got to really look around. | 别收缩 他们得好好摸一摸 |
[15:21] | Anyway, Munson can’t afford his meds and rent. | 总之 芒森付不起药费再加房租 |
[15:24] | He’s got no family, no support system. | 他没家人 没资助系统 |
[15:27] | What are you gonna do? | 你要怎么做 |
[15:27] | I’m gonna try to talk some sense into Rita. | 我要跟瑞塔讲讲道理 |
[15:30] | Calmly and rationally? Please? | 平静理性地表达 拜托了 |
[15:32] | Look, I made peace with the fact that eating crap | 听着 我接受了吃瘪 |
[15:34] | is part of my job, but this is where I draw the line. | 也是我的一部分工作 但这就是我的底线 |
[15:37] | Yeah, that’s right, I draw a line sometimes. | 没错 我有时候也画底线的 |
[15:44] | See, now, that didn’t sound calm and rational. | 那听起来并不平静理性 |
[15:47] | That sounded hot and “We get kicked out-y.” | 听起来很激动 而且我们要被赶走了 |
[15:50] | You’re right, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[15:52] | It just burns me up that-that rich people like Rita | 这让我很生气 像瑞塔这样的有钱人 |
[15:55] | run everything and people like us and Munson get screwed. | 掌控一切 我们和芒森这样的人就倒霉 |
[15:59] | I did stunts on a movie like this one time. | 我有次在这种电影里当过特技演员 |
[16:03] | It was called Ski Academy. | 电影叫《滑雪学校》 |
[16:06] | The rich kids wouldn’t let the poor kids be on the ski patrol. | 富孩子们不肯让穷孩子们加入滑雪救护队 |
[16:10] | The poor kids turned off the power to the lift, | 穷孩子们关闭了电梯的电源 |
[16:12] | so the rich kids got stuck. | 富孩子们就被困住了 |
[16:22] | Anyway, I got it on VHS if anybody wants to see it. | 如果有谁想看 我录下来了 |
[16:30] | Here we are. | 好了 |
[16:31] | I’ve got two kinds of cookies, some cheese, | 我做了两种饼干 一些奶酪 |
[16:33] | and a rogue chicken nugget. | 还有乱做的鸡肉块 |
[16:35] | Can I get you anything else or are you good? | 你还要别的吗 还是这就够了 |
[16:37] | I’m swaddled in luxury. | 这太奢华了 |
[16:40] | Now why am I here? | 我为什么要过来 |
[16:42] | Here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[16:43] | One of the tenants you asked me to evict is Mr. Munson in 2G. | 你让我赶走的一名租客是2G的芒森先生 |
[16:47] | He’s a blind Vietnam vet who’s now facing a health crisis. | 他是个失明的越南老兵 现在正面临健康危机 |
[16:50] | And while you’re the boss, and I’m on board with that, | 因为你是老板 我也支持 |
[16:53] | I got to respectfully say… can we talk about this a second? | 我得尊敬地说 我们能聊聊这事吗 |
[16:57] | No. I can’t afford to know these people as people. | 不行 我不能把这些人当人看 |
[17:00] | I’m running a business here. | 我这是在做生意 |
[17:01] | But they are people. | 但他们就是人啊 |
[17:03] | If I make an exception for every sad story, | 如果我为每一个悲伤的故事都破例 |
[17:05] | where does it end? | 到哪里才是个头 |
[17:07] | Have you looked at this building? | 你看了这栋大楼吗 |
[17:08] | If you live here, you have a sad story. | 如果你住在这里 就有个悲伤的故事 |
[17:12] | And now I rely on this building to survive. | 现在我依靠这栋楼活下去 |
[17:14] | That’s my sad story. | 那是我的悲伤故事 |
[17:17] | We are this close to having a working fountain. | 我们还差这么一点点就有个能用的喷泉了 |
[17:22] | I’m done talking. | 我不说了 |
[17:23] | Evict him, or I’ll find somebody who will. | 赶走他 不然我就找个愿意赶走他的人 |
[17:26] | Well, then… | 那 |
[17:29] | I quit. | 我辞职 |
[17:32] | I may hate my job, but I don’t have to hate myself. | 我是恨我的工作 但我没必要恨我自己 |
[17:35] | And by the way, whatever part of you | 顺便说一句 你内心深处 |
[17:37] | that’s comfortable throwing a blind man out on the street | 情愿把一个盲人赶到街头 |
[17:40] | is maybe the part your husband ran screaming from. | 也许正是你丈夫尖叫着逃离的原因 |
[17:44] | I’m sorry, I know this screws us, but I just couldn’t do it. | 抱歉 我知道我们倒霉了 但我就是忍不住 |
[17:47] | No, no, no, don’t be sorry. | 不 没必要抱歉 |
[17:49] | I’m so glad you didn’t let her turn you into a horrible person. | 我很高兴你没让她把你变成一个可怕的人 |
[17:53] | Well, back into one. | 是变回 |
[17:57] | And maybe we end up crashing at Adam’s for a while. | 也许我们要在亚当家住一阵子 |
[18:00] | Totally. | 没问题 |
[18:01] | Sure. | 行吧 |
[18:04] | I’m not heartless. | 我不是无情的人 |
[18:06] | I just don’t know what the hell I’m doing. | 我只是不知道我在做什么 |
[18:09] | I’m alone, I’m scared. | 我孤身一人 很害怕 |
[18:11] | I haven’t worked in 32 years, | 我32年都没工作了 |
[18:14] | and now I got to run this crapbox. | 现在我得管理这烂地方 |
[18:17] | I mean, is this who I am now? | 我现在就是这样的人了吗 |
[18:21] | No, no, it’s not who you are. | 不 你不是这样的人 |
[18:23] | It’s just what you’re doing on the road to who you’re gonna be. | 这只是你在成为想做的人的路上做的事 |
[18:28] | What? | 什么 |
[18:29] | Okay, your husband left you, but that’s not Mr. Munson’s fault. | 你丈夫离开了你 但那不是芒森先生的错 |
[18:34] | Just like it’s not your fault | 就像是我没有做我想做的事 |
[18:35] | that I’m not doing what I want to do. | 这也不是你的错 |
[18:39] | It made sense in the bathroom. | 在卫生间时听起来很有道理 |
[18:42] | Look, two strong, smart women like us | 两个像我们这样坚强聪明的女人 |
[18:46] | can put our heads together and come up with a reasonable plan | 能够一起想办法 提出一个合理的计划 |
[18:48] | where you get the rent you so richly deserve | 你能得到你完全应得的房租 |
[18:50] | and he gets to keep his apartment. | 而他可以继续住公寓 |
[18:54] | I’d be open to that. | 我愿意接受 |
[18:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:57] | I’m not a monster. | 我不是个残忍的人 |
[18:58] | Though there is a kid on the third floor with a bunny that needs to go. | 但是三楼有个养兔子的孩子得走 |
[19:01] | You got it, the kid’s out of here. | 没问题 那孩子走定了 |
[19:02] | – I meant the bunny. – Better. | -我是说兔子 -更好 |
[19:06] | This is working out a lot like Ski Academy. | 这和《滑雪学校》的结局很像 |
[19:17] | The discount card we found in the mail | 我们在邮箱里发现的折扣卡 |
[19:19] | – actually did work for your prescription. – Mm. | -真的可以用来买你的药 -嗯 |
[19:21] | The GoFundMe page is… hanging in there. | 来资助我网页还没消息 |
[19:25] | It might’ve helped if you hadn’t paraded around the building | 如果你没有穿着”不要肥妞”的T恤在大楼里 |
[19:27] | wearing a “No Fat Chicks” T-shirt. | 走来走去 这也许会有帮助 |
[19:30] | Well, how the hell am I supposed to know what my T-shirts say? | 我怎么知道我的T恤上写着什么 |
[19:34] | And for the record, I do like a little meat on the bones. | 再说一句 我的确喜欢有点肉感 |
[19:39] | Well, I’ll try and get the word out. | 我会尽量把话传出去的 |
[19:42] | I’ll also help you run errands | 我也会帮你办杂事 |
[19:43] | – so you don’t have to take a cab. – Mm. | -这样你就不用坐出租车了 -嗯 |
[19:44] | And Rita is willing to let you pay off the back rent over time. | 瑞塔愿意让你以后再付租金 |
[19:47] | Mm. So this Rita… | 这个瑞塔 |
[19:52] | is she a good-looking woman? | 她是个漂亮女人吗 |
[19:53] | – Yeah, she’s very… – What the hell?! | -是啊 她非常 -搞什么 |
[19:57] | You didn’t tell me the little one was here! | 你没告诉我小家伙在这 |
[19:59] | You want to give him a heart attack? | 你想让他心脏病发作吗 |
[20:01] | You know he can’t afford that. | 你知道他治不起的 |
[20:11] | Yes! | 真棒 |