时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | How many friends do you have? | 你有多少朋友 |
[00:08] | None better than you. | 比你好的一个没有 |
[00:11] | It’s not a trick question. | 我没下套 |
[00:12] | I’m thinking about how many people | 我在想我们该邀请 |
[00:13] | we should invite to our wedding. | 多少人来我们婚礼 |
[00:15] | We could invite everyone we know, | 我们可以邀请认识的所有人 |
[00:17] | which is about 150 people. | 大概150个人吧 |
[00:19] | Or people we actually like, which is six. | 或者我们真喜欢的人 只有六个 |
[00:22] | I’m good with six. | 六个挺好的 |
[00:24] | On the other hand, | 从另一个方面来说 |
[00:25] | if we’re gonna do the whole shebang, | 如果我们要办全套婚礼的话 |
[00:26] | shouldn’t we shebang | 难道不该在 |
[00:27] | in front of a wildly cheering crowd? | 一群欢呼的人面前办吗 |
[00:30] | Here’s a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[00:32] | Why don’t we find the perfect place for our wedding | 我们何不先找到办婚礼最心仪的地方 |
[00:33] | and let that tell us how many people to invite? | 然后看看那地方能容下多少人 |
[00:36] | God, you’re so practical. | 天啊 你真实际 |
[00:38] | What’s wrong with me that it turns me on? | 为什么这让我性趣大发 |
[00:43] | You want me to make you some breakfast? | 要我给你做早饭吗 |
[00:44] | I have my contracts class this morning. | 我今早有合同课 |
[00:47] | No solid food before that. | 之前不能吃固体食物 |
[00:48] | Oh, is that the professor who calls you Christy “Flunk-it”? | 是那个称你为”挂科”克丽丝蒂的教授吗 |
[00:51] | She thinks she’s really clever, | 她以为自己很聪明 |
[00:52] | but I heard that in kindergarten. | 但我在幼儿园就听过了 |
[00:55] | I was just trying to motivate you. | 我只是想激励你 |
[00:58] | You know, if we get the guest list down to four, | 如果客人能缩减到四个 |
[00:59] | we could get married in my car. | 我们可以在我的车里结婚 |
[01:02] | That’s the most practical thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最实际的话了 |
[01:06] | Take off your pants. | 脱裤子 |
[01:11] | So, um, | 那么 |
[01:12] | the court held that consequential damages could | 法庭认为相应损害赔偿金 |
[01:17] | only be levied if both parties | 只能在双方达成协议时 |
[01:19] | were aware of them when the contract was made, | 皆知情的情况下才能征收 |
[01:23] | and… Hadley | 而哈德利 |
[01:25] | didn’t do that to Baxendale, | 没有告诉巴克森代尔 |
[01:27] | so, you know… | 所以你知道 |
[01:31] | no bueno. | 没钱 |
[01:35] | Well, Flunk-it, that was a fundamentally correct answer | “挂科” 这个回答基本正确 |
[01:38] | delivered with the confidence of a cartoon mouse. | 不过你像一只卡通老鼠一样没有自信 |
[01:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:43] | Can someone else disappoint me | 还有没有谁能在 |
[01:44] | with the particulars of Sullivan v. O’Connor? | 沙利文诉奥康纳案上令我失望 |
[01:47] | Mr. Hart, you always make me sad. | 哈特先生 你总是让我觉得悲哀 |
[01:51] | Sullivan was an entertainer… | 沙利文是个娱乐界人士… |
[01:53] | My hand is shaking too bad to take notes. | 我手抖得太厉害 记不了笔记 |
[01:55] | Can I borrow yours? | 我能借你的笔记吗 |
[01:57] | I’m not taking notes. | 我没在写笔记 |
[01:58] | I’m writing, “Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry.” | 我在写”别哭 别哭 别哭” |
[02:24] | I understand a professor being tough, | 教授严厉我懂 |
[02:26] | but this woman’s just mean. | 但这女人就是刻薄 |
[02:28] | How mean? Like, on a scale of one to ten, | 多刻薄 从1到10来说 |
[02:30] | one being Marjorie, ten being Bonnie? | 1是玛乔丽 10是邦妮 |
[02:33] | Let me put it this way. | 我这么说吧 |
[02:34] | Imagine my mother, but educated. | 想象一下我妈受过教育 |
[02:40] | After my last class, I sat in my car and just cried. | 上完最后一课后 我坐在车里哭 |
[02:43] | Then I looked at the car next to me | 然后我看向旁边的车 |
[02:45] | and saw another guy from class crying, too. | 发现另一个同班同学也在哭 |
[02:47] | He saw me, we laughed a little, | 他看到了我 我们相视一笑 |
[02:51] | then we went back to crying. | 然后继续哭 |
[02:54] | I try to do my crying right when I wake up, | 我试着起床先哭一遍 |
[02:56] | get it all out of my system. | 发泄出去 |
[02:59] | Until bedtime when I cry myself to sleep. | 然后晚上再哭着入睡 |
[03:03] | Wendy, is everything okay? | 温蒂 一切还好吗 |
[03:04] | Yeah. Never better. Why? | 很好 好极了 怎么了 |
[03:08] | You want my fruit? | 你要我的水果吗 |
[03:09] | You can have my fruit. | 你可以吃我的水果 |
[03:12] | Sweetie, if you have time to cry, | 亲爱的 如果你有时间哭 |
[03:14] | you have time to go to a meeting. | 你就有时间参加互助会 |
[03:15] | I’m sure there’s one near your school. | 我相信你学校周围肯定有 |
[03:17] | I did pass a church with a bunch of jittery smokers outside. | 我确实经过了一座外面有紧张吸烟者的教堂 |
[03:20] | I’ll check that out. | 我会去看看的 |
[03:22] | Okay, ladies, forks down. This is important. | 好了 女士们 放下叉子 要事 |
[03:25] | I found the perfect place for me and Adam to get married. | 我找到了我和亚当结婚的完美地点 |
[03:28] | – Finally. – Great. – Wonderful. | -终于 -太好了 -很好 |
[03:30] | Way to sell it. | 装得真像 |
[03:31] | Anyway, it’s this beautiful garden. | 总之 是一个美丽的花园 |
[03:33] | There’s a canopy of trees, it’s lousy with flowers, | 绿树成荫 鲜花遍地 |
[03:35] | and– get this– there’s an actual babbling brook, | 听好了 还有潺潺流水 |
[03:37] | babbling right through the joint. | 潺潺地流过路口 |
[03:39] | It was available for our date, | 我们结婚那天没人订 |
[03:41] | and these other people were sniffing around, | 其他客人在问东问西 |
[03:42] | so I booked it right on the spot. | 所以我当场就订了 |
[03:43] | Take that, bizarrely- handsome gay couple. | 气死你们 超帅的同性恋情侣 |
[03:47] | – Sounds great. – Pay attention. It’s terrible. | -听起来不错 -专心听 太糟了 |
[03:50] | She really gives you whiplash, doesn’t she? | 她真的说话大转弯 对吧 |
[03:52] | I stupidly told Adam that I cared about his opinion | 我愚蠢地告诉亚当我在乎他的感受 |
[03:55] | and wanted him to be involved in all the plans | 我想让他参与一切策划 |
[03:57] | and then I made the most important decision behind his back. | 然后我背着他做了最重要的决定 |
[03:59] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[04:00] | This is the man you’re gonna marry. Be honest with him. | 你以后要嫁给这个男人 对他说实话吧 |
[04:03] | Not what I’m looking for. Christy? | 这回答我不满意 克丽丝蒂 |
[04:04] | – I vote truth. – Nope. | -我支持说实话 -不行 |
[04:06] | – I would also… – Eh. | -我也… -停 |
[04:08] | Truth is for chumps. | 傻瓜才说实话 |
[04:09] | I knew I should’ve started with you. | 我就知道该先问你 |
[04:11] | In my experience, | 根据我的经验 |
[04:12] | the best way to get what you want from a man | 问男人要你想要的东西的最好办法 |
[04:14] | is to make him think it’s his idea. | 就是让他以为那是他的主意 |
[04:16] | I’ve done it with houses, I’ve done it with vacations, | 我要来了房子 我要来了假期 |
[04:19] | I’ve done it with me. | 我对自己也用过这招 |
[04:22] | I’m liking this. Go on. | 我喜欢这点子 继续说 |
[04:24] | Take him to the place you like first. That sets the bar. | 带他先去你喜欢的那地方 抬高标准 |
[04:27] | Then take him to a couple of dumps and I guarantee you, | 然后带他去几个烂地方 我保证 |
[04:29] | he’ll decide he likes the one you already booked. | 他会选择你已经订下的那个地方 |
[04:32] | Question is, Bonnie, are you comfortable | 问题是 邦妮 你愿意 |
[04:33] | being that manipulative? | 这样操纵人心吗 |
[04:36] | Or maybe the real question is why do I waste my breath? | 或许真正的问题是 我为何多此一问 |
[04:41] | I think you need the fruit. | 我觉得你需要水果 |
[04:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[04:55] | I had a really tough morning. | 我今早过得很糟糕 |
[04:58] | Well, you’re in the right place. | 那你来对地方了 |
[04:59] | I know. Thank you. | 我知道 谢谢 |
[05:03] | I’m-I’m just having such a hard time with… | 我只是很难… |
[05:09] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[05:15] | I’m still smelling the jasmine | 我依然能闻到 |
[05:18] | from that beautiful garden venue. | 那个美丽花园的茉莉花香 |
[05:20] | But get that out of your mind, because here we are | 但别想那地方了 因为我们现在到了 |
[05:24] | at the historic Marino and Sons Barrelworks. | 历史悠久的马里诺和儿子们的木桶作坊 |
[05:29] | It’s kind of cool. | 挺酷的 |
[05:30] | I agree, not good. | 我同意 不够好 |
[05:34] | Oh, I like the high ceilings. | 我喜欢高屋顶 |
[05:36] | Yeah, but… | 是的 但是 |
[05:38] | it used to be a barrel factory. | 这里以前是木桶作坊 |
[05:41] | I’m marrying a woman who used to be a coke fiend. | 我娶的女人以前是个可卡因瘾君子 |
[05:43] | Clearly, what something used to be doesn’t bother me. | 显然我不介意以前是什么样 |
[05:46] | Fair enough. | 说的好 |
[05:48] | The brick walls are great. | 砖墙挺好的 |
[05:49] | Yeah, until I scrape up against them | 是啊 直到我被它擦伤 |
[05:50] | and bleed all over my wedding dress. | 鲜血沾满婚纱 |
[05:53] | That’s right, I’m wearing white, | 没错 我要穿婚纱 |
[05:55] | and our first dance is to “Boogie Wonderland.” Moving on. | 第一支舞是《古怪仙境》 继续吧 |
[06:00] | I tell you, Bonnie, this has good bones. | 我告诉你 邦妮 这地方架构不错 |
[06:03] | We could hang some lights across those exposed beams. | 我们可以在横梁上挂灯 |
[06:06] | Now we’re providing our own lighting? | 我们还要自己提供照明吗 |
[06:08] | Why don’t I also build a robot to marry us? | 为什么不顺便造个机器人给我们证婚呢 |
[06:12] | I mean, I wasn’t totally sold on the beautiful garden, | 我不是完全能接受美丽的花园 |
[06:14] | but at least they have their own lights, | 但至少那里提供灯 |
[06:16] | and– I don’t know– flowers and babbling brook. | 还有鲜花和潺潺流水 |
[06:20] | I liked the garden. | 我喜欢花园 |
[06:20] | All right, so we’re narrowed down. It’s the fairy tale garden | 好 范围缩小了 童话中的花园 |
[06:23] | or the serial killer’s workspace. | 或连环杀手的作坊 |
[06:27] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[06:29] | I’m pretty seriously leaning towards the garden. | 我挺想选花园的 |
[06:31] | Well, if you feel that strongly about it, Adam, | 如果你执意的话 亚当 |
[06:32] | I’ll give it to you. Garden it is. | 那我听你的 选花园吧 |
[06:35] | Great. So should I call them and book it? | 很好 我该给他们打电话订吗 |
[06:37] | No, no. You chose, I’ll take care of the details. | 不不 你负责选 我来处理细节 |
[06:41] | Thanks, honey. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[06:43] | You’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[06:51] | …cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, | 请赐予我勇气 去改变我能改变的 |
[06:55] | and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen. | 请赐予我智慧 分辨这两者的区别 阿门 |
[07:04] | Uh, excuse me, Professor? | 打扰一下 教授 |
[07:09] | I just wanted to say hello. | 我只想打个招呼 |
[07:10] | Nice to know we’re on the same path. | 很高兴知道我们有相同的经历 |
[07:13] | And you are? | 你是哪位 |
[07:15] | Christy from your contracts class. | 合同课的克丽丝蒂 |
[07:18] | You call me “Flunk-it.” | 你叫我”挂科” |
[07:19] | Oh, sure. | 当然了 |
[07:21] | I thought you were taller. | 我以为你更高一点 |
[07:24] | Um, if it makes you uncomfortable to have a student | 如果和学生在同一个互助会 |
[07:27] | in the meeting with you, I can find another one. | 令你不自在 我可以换一个互助会 |
[07:29] | – No, don’t worry about it. – Are you sure? | -不 没关系 -你确定吗 |
[07:31] | Yeah, I’m not coming back anyway. | 是的 反正我不会再来了 |
[07:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:36] | Wait. | 等等 |
[07:38] | I know it isn’t any of my business, but can I ask why? | 我知道这与我无关 但我能问问为什么吗 |
[07:42] | Because I’m fine. | 因为我很好 |
[07:43] | I haven’t had a drink in over six months. | 我六个月滴酒未沾 |
[07:45] | I’ve been to a handful of meetings, | 我去参加过一些互助会 |
[07:47] | and I’m always asking myself why am I wasting my time | 我总是自问为什么要浪费时间 |
[07:50] | listening to people like you? No offense. | 听你这样的人说话 无意冒犯 |
[07:53] | Actually, that’s one of the nicer things you’ve said to me. | 实际上 这是你对我说过相对较好的话 |
[07:56] | Look, when I drink, terrible things happen, | 听着 我喝酒时会发生可怕的事 |
[07:58] | so I get I can’t drink anymore. I’m good with that. | 所以我明白我不能再喝酒 我没意见 |
[08:01] | What I’m not good with is sitting in a circle, | 但我有意见的是坐成一圈 |
[08:03] | talking about feelings and reciting a prayer | 谈自己的感受 背诵一段 |
[08:05] | that my mother had crocheted on a kitchen towel. | 我妈妈织在洗碗布上的祷文 |
[08:08] | You’re lucky. My mom didn’t have kitchen towels. | 你真幸运 我妈妈都没有洗碗布 |
[08:11] | For most of my childhood, we didn’t have a kitchen. | 我童年的大部分时候 我们家连厨房都没有 |
[08:15] | My mom’s a drunk, too. | 我妈妈也是酒鬼 |
[08:17] | That’s too bad. | 真糟糕 |
[08:19] | Um, listen, I came here today | 听着 我今天来这里 |
[08:22] | because I thought it would help, and it didn’t. | 是以为我能得到帮助 但并没有 |
[08:25] | That happens to me sometimes. | 我有时也会遇到这种事 |
[08:26] | Then I go out for coffee after | 然后我和互助会的朋友们 |
[08:28] | with my friends from the program, and it gets better. | 一起去喝杯咖啡 情况就会变得好些 |
[08:33] | I like that. We’re going for coffee. | 我喜欢这方法 我们去喝咖啡 |
[08:36] | That’d be great, Professor Stevens. | 很好 史蒂文森教授 |
[08:38] | Call me Natalie. | 叫我娜塔莉 |
[08:42] | Going for coffee, calling her Natalie. | 一起喝咖啡 叫她娜塔莉 |
[08:48] | Not my coat. | 拿错外套了 |
[08:53] | Mom, are you here? | 妈妈 你在吗 |
[08:54] | Hello! How was your day? | 你好 你今天过得如何 |
[08:57] | Amazing! How was yours?! | 太棒了 你呢 |
[08:58] | – Amazing! – Are we both in good moods? | -超棒 -我们心情都很好吗 |
[09:01] | – Oh, my God, that never happens. – It never happens. | -天啊 从没这样过 -从没这样过 |
[09:03] | – What do we do? – I think we’re doing it. | -我们怎么办 -来说说吧 |
[09:05] | – You go first. – No, you go first. | -你先说 -不 你先说 |
[09:07] | Manipulation works, honesty jerks. | 操纵人心管用 说实话扯淡 |
[09:11] | Help me know what that means. | 解释一下那是什么意思 |
[09:13] | I tricked Adam, and we’re getting married in the garden. | 我骗了亚当 我们要在花园结婚了 |
[09:15] | – Awesome! – And what’s your good news? | -太好了 -你的好消息是什么 |
[09:17] | My professor’s a drunk! | 我的教授是个酒鬼 |
[09:20] | Help me know what that means. | 解释一下那是什么意思 |
[09:22] | I went to a meeting today, and my horrible professor was there, | 我今天去了互助会 我可怕的教授也在 |
[09:26] | we had coffee, and it turns out she doesn’t hate me, | 我们一起喝了咖啡 原来她不恨我 |
[09:28] | she’s just super broken. | 她只是支离破碎 |
[09:29] | Oh, that’s great, honey! | 太好了 亲爱的 |
[09:31] | Not for her, but, yeah! | 对她来说不好 但没错 |
[09:34] | We talked for an hour, and now I think we’re kind of friends. | 我们聊了一个小时 现在我觉得我们成朋友了 |
[09:37] | – Friends? – Yeah. | -朋友 -是的 |
[09:39] | Oh, good. You guys are here. I’m so happy! | 太好了 你们在 我太高兴了 |
[09:42] | – Us, too! – Where you been? | -我们也是 -你去哪了 |
[09:43] | I bought the barrel factory! | 我买下了木桶作坊 |
[09:45] | What? | 什么 |
[09:47] | Help me know what that means. | 解释一下那是什么意思 |
[09:49] | I’m gonna turn it into a bar. | 我要把那里改造成酒吧 |
[09:51] | Are you out of your frickin’ mind?! | 你疯了吗 |
[09:55] | I think our good mood is over. | 我们的好心情好像结束了 |
[10:04] | You’re opening a bar? That’s so exciting. | 你要开酒吧吗 太令人激动了 |
[10:06] | Is it, Christy? Is it? | 是吗 克丽丝蒂 是吗 |
[10:09] | Let’s talk later. I have ideas. | 我们晚些聊 我有很多点子 |
[10:12] | Okay, I know this was a little impulsive. | 好吧 我知道这有点冲动 |
[10:15] | Maybe it’s my fault. We didn’t have a rule. So here it is. | 也许这是我的错 我们没定规矩 那现在定 |
[10:17] | If either one of us goes insane | 如果我们俩谁疯了 |
[10:18] | and wants to spend over $100,000, we shoot the other a text. | 想花超过10万美元 就给对方发短信 |
[10:22] | – You don’t have any money. – Okay, then, this rule is just for you. | -你又没钱 -那这规矩就是只给你定的 |
[10:26] | I don’t know what to tell you, Bonnie. | 我不知道该怎么和你说 邦妮 |
[10:27] | I fell in love with the place. | 我爱上了那里 |
[10:29] | You weren’t supposed to love it, you were supposed to hate it. | 你不该爱上那里 你该讨厌那里 |
[10:32] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[10:34] | Be right up. | 我马上上来 |
[10:37] | My daughter needs me. | 我女儿需要我 |
[10:38] | Why was I not supposed to fall in love with my barrel factory? | 我为什么不该爱上我的木桶作坊 |
[10:41] | – Forget it, poor choice of words. – I know when you’re lying. | -算了 我用词不当 -我看得出你在撒谎 |
[10:44] | – You do? I don’t even know when I’m lying. – Bonnie. | -是吗 我都看不出呢 -邦妮 |
[10:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:51] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[10:55] | I already saw the beautiful garden | 我昨天已经看了 |
[10:58] | with the babbling brook yesterday | 有着潺潺流水的美丽花园 |
[11:00] | and got my heart set on getting married there. | 我决定要在那里结婚 |
[11:03] | Why didn’t you just tell me that? | 你为什么不直说呢 |
[11:05] | Because stupid Jill… | 因为愚蠢的吉尔 |
[11:08] | told me it would be better if you thought it was your idea. | 告诉我 如果你以为那是你的主意 这样会更好 |
[11:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:14] | Because I had already kind of booked the garden | 因为你还没看到花园时 |
[11:17] | before you saw it. | 我就已经预订了 |
[11:21] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[11:23] | You’re getting mad at me for making a decision without you | 你生我的气 因为我没问你自己做了决定 |
[11:26] | when you’ve already made a decision without me. | 同时你已经没问我自己做了决定 |
[11:28] | Yeah, don’t compare our decisions. | 别对比我们的决定 |
[11:30] | Yours was momentous, mine was whimsical. | 你的决定很严重 我的决定是异想天开 |
[11:35] | Well, at least I didn’t lie about it. | 至少我没撒谎 |
[11:36] | That is a serious breach of trust. | 这是严重的背信行为 |
[11:38] | Oh, don’t talk to me about trust. | 少跟我说信任 |
[11:39] | You said you were gonna go wash your car, | 你说你要去洗车 |
[11:41] | but instead you bought a bar. | 结果你买了个酒吧 |
[11:43] | You know, I was having a great day till I came over here. | 我本来很开心 直到我过来了 |
[11:45] | – Well, so was I. – Fine, I’m going home. | -我也是 -好吧 我回家了 |
[11:47] | Are you? Or are you really going to buy an abandoned Petco | 是吗 还是说你其实要去买一家废弃的宠物超市 |
[11:51] | and make it a discotheque? | 然后改造成迪斯科舞厅 |
[11:57] | The court held that the advertisement | 法院裁定该广告 |
[11:59] | was a unilateral contract | 是单方面的合同 |
[12:00] | and that the defendant required notice | 被告要求要 |
[12:02] | that the plaintiff had purchased their product. | 原告已经购买了他们的产品的通知 |
[12:04] | Magnificently wrong. | 大错特错 |
[12:07] | If I didn’t have a mortgage, | 如果我没贷款 |
[12:08] | I would quit teaching at this very moment. | 我会在现在立刻辞职 |
[12:12] | Ms. Plunkett, can you, again, lead us down the right track? | 普兰科特女士 你能再次带我们回归正轨吗 |
[12:17] | I sure can. | 我肯定可以 |
[12:20] | The court found that no notice was required | 法庭认定不需要通知 |
[12:22] | because it was a mass advertisement. | 因为那是大规模广告 |
[12:24] | Yes! Thank you. You are a beacon of hope | 对了 谢谢 你是一屋子崭露头角的 |
[12:27] | in a room full of budding ambulance chasers. | 交通事故赔偿律师中的希望灯塔 |
[12:33] | I’m available for tutoring if you need it. | 如果你需要 我可以辅导你 |
[12:38] | All right, | 好了 |
[12:38] | that is all the incompetence I can stand for today. | 我今天就只能容忍这种程度的无能了 |
[12:41] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[12:42] | – Ms. Plunkett, can I have a moment? – Absolutely. | -普兰科特女士 能来聊聊吗 -没问题 |
[12:46] | And the rest of you– if you are planning on | 你们其余人 如果你们打算继续无知 |
[12:48] | being ignorant tomorrow, just go to a movie. | 还是去看部电影吧 |
[12:52] | Excuse me, excuse me, professor needs me. | 借过 借过 教授需要我 |
[12:55] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[12:57] | Oh, great class today. | 今天的课好棒 |
[13:00] | White-hot. | 白热化 |
[13:02] | So my ex said that we were gonna have dinner tonight, | 我前夫说我们今晚要吃晚餐 |
[13:04] | and that made me feel like there was hope, | 那让我觉得还有希望 |
[13:06] | but then he just texted me that something came up, | 然后他给我发短信说 出了点事 |
[13:08] | and I think it’s someone and I didn’t even want to be with him, | 我觉得他有人了 我不想跟他在一起 |
[13:10] | but I am afraid I’m gonna be alone forever. | 但我害怕我要孤独终老 |
[13:14] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[13:18] | I bet if we hustle, | 如果我们赶紧 |
[13:19] | we can make the 12:30 meeting. | 我们肯定能赶上12:30的会议 |
[13:20] | Oh, I would rather just talk to you. | 我更情愿跟你聊 |
[13:23] | Let’s go grab some coffee. | 我们去喝咖啡 |
[13:24] | Okay, but I only have an hour. | 好吧 但我只有一小时时间 |
[13:26] | I have three cases to read for this class. | 我还得读这门课的三个案例 |
[13:29] | I just won’t call on you. Problem solved. | 我不叫你回答 问题解决 |
[13:31] | But I should still do the reading, right? | 但我还是该读案例 对吧 |
[13:33] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[13:37] | Is Adam inviting his stuntman friends to the wedding? | 亚当邀请他的特技演员朋友参加婚礼吗 |
[13:39] | Oh, good question. | 问得好 |
[13:42] | I’ll have a year sober at that point | 我那时候就戒瘾一年了 |
[13:43] | and random sex will be back on the table. | 又可以随便找人滚床单了 |
[13:46] | Not literally. Maybe. | 不是啦 也许可以 |
[13:50] | I’m not even sure there’s gonna be a wedding. | 我都不确定我俩要办婚礼 |
[13:52] | Oh, come on, Bonnie, you’re not canceling the wedding | 拜托 邦妮 你不会因为亚当买下了酒吧 |
[13:56] | because Adam bought a bar. | 就要取消婚礼吧 |
[13:58] | Can I cancel the wedding because he’s a dumbass? | 我能因为他是个傻瓜而取消婚礼吗 |
[14:01] | You know, he never would’ve found that place | 如果你没有骗他接受花园 |
[14:02] | if you didn’t trick him with that whole garden thing. | 他永远也发现不了那个地方 |
[14:04] | – That was Jill’s fault. – My fault? | -那是吉尔的错 -我的错 |
[14:07] | You never take a guy to an old factory. | 你绝对不能带男人去老工厂 |
[14:08] | Guys love old factories. | 男人就喜欢老工厂 |
[14:11] | Christy’s right. | 克丽丝蒂说得对 |
[14:12] | This did start with you, Bonnie, | 这件事的确是你挑起来的 邦妮 |
[14:13] | you’ve got to take some responsibility. | 你得负点责任 |
[14:18] | – What? – I was just trying to picture you doing that. | -怎么了 -我只是在脑补你负责 |
[14:25] | Oh, no, it’s my professor. | 不好 是我的教授 |
[14:28] | I thought you liked being teacher’s pet. | 我还以为你喜欢当老师的宠儿 |
[14:30] | I do. I don’t like being teacher’s therapist. | 是啊 我不喜欢当老师的治疗师 |
[14:33] | She calls me constantly just to vent. | 她经常给我打电话 就为了发泄 |
[14:35] | Oh, really? What must that be like? | 真的吗 那是什么样的 |
[14:39] | She is an arrogant, opinionated hot mess | 她是个傲慢 自以为是的糟糕的人 |
[14:42] | who gets along with no one. You’d like her. | 跟谁都处不来 你会喜欢她的 |
[14:46] | Can’t you just tell her to go to a meeting? | 你就不能让她去参加互助会吗 |
[14:47] | That’s what this one always does. | 这人总是如此 |
[14:49] | Or you could tell her to “Take responsibility.” | 或者你可以叫她”负责” |
[14:52] | You know, the more childish you get, | 你越孩子气 |
[14:53] | the more I know I got to you. | 我就越知道我说中了 |
[14:55] | Bip, bip, bip, bip, bip, bip, bip, bip. | 哔哔哔哔哔 |
[15:01] | I keep telling her to go to meetings. She won’t go. | 我一直叫她参加互助会 她不肯 |
[15:03] | I feel like I’m the only thing keeping her sober. | 我感觉唯一让她坚持戒瘾的就是我 |
[15:05] | Ooh, red flag, red flag. May I? | 危险信号 我可以说吗 |
[15:09] | Please. I have to take my vitamins. | 说吧 我得吃维生素 |
[15:12] | No one person can keep another person sober. | 没有人能让另一个人坚持戒瘾 |
[15:15] | You can carry the message, but not the mess. | 你可以传递信息 不能承载麻烦 |
[15:17] | I’m sorry, did she pick you? | 抱歉 她选你了吗 |
[15:21] | But, you guys, since I’ve been helping her, | 但是自从我帮她后 |
[15:23] | she’s been nice to me. | 她对我一直都很好 |
[15:24] | I haven’t cried in my car all week. | 我一周都没在车里哭了呢 |
[15:26] | So you’re using each other. | 所以说你们在利用彼此 |
[15:29] | Well, it is a contracts class. | 那的确是合同课 |
[15:32] | Christy, you can’t be this woman’s sobriety, | 克丽丝蒂 你没法承担她的戒瘾 |
[15:35] | and you certainly can’t help someone stay sober | 你也不能为了私利 |
[15:37] | to benefit yourself. | 帮助他人戒瘾 |
[15:40] | You would not be in the wrong right now to go, | 你现在说哔哔哔哔 |
[15:42] | “Bip, bip, bip, bip, bip.” | 就对了 |
[15:49] | – Hey, Natalie. – Hey. | -娜塔莉 -嘿 |
[15:52] | We are definitely going for coffee after class. | 我们下课后绝对要喝咖啡 |
[15:54] | I think I had phone sex with my ex last night. | 我昨晚好像跟我前夫电话性爱了 |
[15:57] | – Actually… – I mean, | -实际上 -我是说 |
[15:58] | he called me while I was in the tub– what was I supposed to do? | 我洗澡时他给我打来了电话 我该怎么做 |
[16:02] | I was hoping to make that meeting after class. | 我希望下课后能去参加互助会 |
[16:05] | Ugh, you and those meetings. You’re better than those people. | 你怎么这么执着于互助会 你比那些人要好 |
[16:08] | No, I’m not. I am those people. | 不是 我就是那些人 |
[16:11] | And I really need those meetings. | 我真的很需要互助会 |
[16:12] | Why? You seem totally together. | 为什么 你看起来很正常 |
[16:17] | Sorry, no one’s ever said that to me before. | 抱歉 之前没人对我说过这话 |
[16:21] | Do you want to go to coffee or not? | 你到底想不想去喝咖啡 |
[16:24] | I think I don’t. | 我不想 |
[16:27] | Great. | 真棒 |
[16:28] | I’ve come to rely on you, and now you’re bailing on me. | 我渐渐依赖你 而你现在放我鸽子了 |
[16:32] | I’m not bailing, it’s just… | 我没有放鸽子 只是 |
[16:35] | I don’t think I can be who you want me to be. | 我觉得我没法成为你想让我成为的人 |
[16:38] | I don’t think any one person can. | 我觉得没人可以 |
[16:40] | No, of course. | 当然 |
[16:41] | That’s a job for a bunch of losers in a church basement. | 那是教堂地下室里一群废柴的工作 |
[16:44] | We like to think of ourselves as former losers. | 我们喜欢自认为是曾经的废柴 |
[16:48] | Anyway, I… | 总之 我 |
[16:50] | I can’t tell you what to do, | 我没法告诉你该做什么 |
[16:53] | but I can only tell you what worked for me. | 我只能告诉你我的经历 |
[16:56] | Meetings not only help me stay sober, | 互助会不仅帮我坚持戒瘾 |
[16:59] | but they also keep me sane. | 还让我保持理智 |
[17:02] | I understand what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思 |
[17:04] | You do? | 是吗 |
[17:05] | Absolutely. | 绝对是 |
[17:06] | Take your seat. | 去坐下吧 |
[17:09] | I hope we can still be… | 我希望我们还可以 |
[17:11] | I said take your seat. | 我说了 去坐下吧 |
[17:15] | And I hope, for your sake, you did the reading. | 为了你好 我希望你读了案例 |
[17:24] | Hey, Matt, there he is. | 马特 你在这呢 |
[17:27] | Are those new glasses? | 这是新眼镜吗 |
[17:29] | Hey, uh, so, um, can I, uh, borrow your notes? | 我能借你的笔记吗 |
[17:36] | So I’m thinking, if we put the bar here, | 我想着 如果我们把吧台放在这里 |
[17:39] | we put the flat screens there, there, there, there, | 在那边 那边 那边 那边 那边 |
[17:43] | there, there, there. | 放电视 |
[17:45] | How about there? | 那边呢 |
[17:46] | Don’t go crazy. | 别发疯了 |
[17:53] | Got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[17:56] | Excuse us. | 让我们聊聊可以吗 |
[17:57] | Sure. | 好 |
[18:01] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[18:04] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[18:08] | Yes, you made a massive decision | 对 你做出了重要的决定 |
[18:10] | that will alter the course of our lives forever, | 这将永远改变我们的生活轨迹 |
[18:12] | but I had a little oopsie of my own. | 但我自己也有错 |
[18:16] | Which was? | 什么错 |
[18:18] | Wow, you’re gonna rake me over the coals. | 你真是要翻旧账啊 |
[18:22] | Fine. I should’ve told you I booked the garden venue | 好吧 我该告诉你我订了花园场地 |
[18:25] | instead of tricking you. | 不该骗你的 |
[18:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:29] | But in my defense, if I didn’t trick you, | 但是我要为自己辩护 如果我没骗你 |
[18:30] | you wouldn’t have this amazing new bar | 你就不会有这个超棒的新酒吧了 |
[18:32] | that I look forward to not drinking in. | 我期待不要在这里喝酒 |
[18:37] | You’ll be happy to hear I’m naming it Bonnie’s Place. | 你会很高兴听到 我要给它取名为邦尼之家 |
[18:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:41] | No. | 才不是 |
[18:44] | You can’t name a bar after a fall-down drunk. | 你不能用失败酒鬼的名字给酒吧取名 |
[18:47] | That’s… that’s bad luck. | 那不是好运 |
[18:50] | Yeah, like that hasn’t worked out for every Irish bar ever, | 每家爱尔兰酒吧都是如此啊 |
[18:53] | but go on. | 你继续说 |
[18:55] | I should’ve talked to you before I, | 我该先跟你聊聊的 在我 |
[18:58] | you know… | 你知道的 |
[19:00] | blew through my life savings. | 花光我的毕生积蓄之前 |
[19:04] | Well, that answers my next question. | 那就回答了我下一个问题 |
[19:08] | I know, it’s crazy, but… | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[19:13] | You got to understand– I’ve been kind of lost in the | 但你得理解 我一直不知道 |
[19:16] | career department since… | 该做什么 自从… |
[19:19] | this happened, | 我残疾之后 |
[19:20] | and the minute we came in here, | 我们一走进来 |
[19:24] | I could see a bar with good food and happy people | 我就能看到一家拥有好吃食物和快乐人们的酒吧 |
[19:27] | and me going from table to table | 我经过一桌又一桌 |
[19:30] | acting like I own the place… | 表现得像是这里的老板 |
[19:34] | …’cause I do. | 因为我就是 |
[19:38] | But you know what the best part is? | 但你知道最棒的部分是什么吗 |
[19:42] | Coming home to you and saying, | 回家 回到你身边 对你说 |
[19:45] | “Hi, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[19:48] | I had the best day at work.” | 我今天工作时度过了最美好的一天 |
[19:55] | All right, I’m in. | 好吧 我同意 |
[19:57] | But you at least have to name a drink after me. | 但你至少得用我的名字给一种酒取名 |
[20:00] | What would be in it? | 那酒里面有什么 |
[20:02] | Everything. | 一切 |
[20:07] | Done. | 成交 |
[20:16] | Hi, I’m Christy, and I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我是克丽丝蒂 我是酒瘾者 |
[20:18] | Hi, Christy. | 你好 克丽丝蒂 |
[20:20] | I’ve been trying, lately, | 我最近在 |
[20:21] | to help someone see the value of this program, | 帮助一个人看到这个项目的价值 |
[20:24] | but they weren’t interested in what I had to say. | 但她对我要说的并不感兴趣 |
[20:27] | The good news is this person’s disapproval used to destroy me, | 好消息是 这人的不喜欢曾经毁了我 |
[20:31] | but it doesn’t anymore. | 但现在不会了 |
[20:34] | I haven’t cried in my car in a week. | 我一周没在我的车里哭了 |
[20:36] | That’s huge. | 这是件大事 |
[20:39] | And it’s because of you guys. | 这都是因为你们 |
[20:42] | And maybe someday that person | 也许有天 那人 |
[20:43] | will come walking through that door, | 会走进那扇门 |
[20:45] | but it’s not up to me. | 但这并不取决于我 |
[20:47] | I’ve completely let it go. | 我完全放下了 |
[20:53] | I mean, hey! | 你好呀 |