时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hey, Christy, what’s up? | 克丽丝蒂 怎么了 |
[00:04] | Hey, Mom, I’m going to the smoothie place | 妈 我正在前往冰沙店 |
[00:06] | because I’ve had a day that requires a smoothie. | 因为我今天过得很糟 必须喝冰沙 |
[00:08] | Want one? | 你要一杯吗 |
[00:09] | Yeah. But I bet my day was worse. | 要 但我敢打赌我今天过得更糟 |
[00:11] | Not possible. My boss gave me a contract to proof | 不可能 我老板让我核对一张合同 |
[00:14] | and I dropped it in a toilet. | 而我把它掉进了马桶 |
[00:18] | Post-flush, but… still. | 虽然冲过了 但依然恶心 |
[00:22] | Well, I had a three-hour fight with my husband | 我跟老公吵了三个小时 |
[00:24] | with no angry silences, so it’s really like a six-hour fight. | 中间没有愤怒的沉默 所以等于吵了六个小时 |
[00:28] | Is this a new fight or an extension | 吵的是新架 还是昨晚 |
[00:30] | of the one you were having last night? | 你们吵的架的后续 |
[00:31] | New one, but with subtle echoes of the last one. | 新架 但有之前吵的架的余音 |
[00:35] | Same theme: he doesn’t listen to me. | 同样的主题 他不听我说话 |
[00:36] | I literally feel like a ghost. | 我真感觉自己像个鬼魂 |
[00:38] | Oh, my God. What if you are a ghost? | 天啊 如果你真是鬼魂呢 |
[00:41] | What if you and I had this difficult relationship | 如果你和我关系不佳 |
[00:44] | and I thought we had worked it all out, | 而我以为我们和好了 |
[00:45] | but it was just your ghost? | 但其实那只是你的鬼魂呢 |
[00:46] | Bam. Nobody sees that coming. | 没人能想到这个转折 |
[00:50] | I asked him to meet me for lunch and he said “Okay,” | 我要他跟我见面吃午餐 他说好的 |
[00:52] | but then he went to the gym. | 但然后他去了健身房 |
[00:53] | I spent a half an hour sitting on a hard bench | 我花了半个小时坐在硬长凳上 |
[00:55] | reading the Sonoma Acorn. | 读《索诺玛橡子酒庄》杂志 |
[00:57] | By the way, Barbara Feldman Real Estate | 顺便说句 芭芭拉·费尔德曼房地产公司 |
[00:59] | is going out of business. End of an era. | 要倒闭了 一个时代终结了 |
[01:05] | Hey, Mom, can we have this conversation over a couple | 妈 我们能喝几杯其实是 |
[01:07] | of smoothies that are really just fruity milkshakes? | 果汁奶昔的冰沙再聊这事吗 |
[01:12] | Yeah, but put a vitamin boost in mine | 好 记得在我那杯里加维他命精华 |
[01:13] | so I think it’s healthy. | 这样我就觉得健康了 |
[01:15] | Okay, you got… | 好 没问… |
[01:17] | Oh, no. Oh, no. | 不 不 |
[01:19] | Oh, no, oh, no, oh, no. | 不 不 不 |
[01:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:22] | Smoothies are canceled. | 不喝冰沙了 |
[02:29] | Hi, babe. | 宝贝 |
[02:30] | Hey, where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[02:31] | I thought we’d take Gus to the park. | 我们不是要带格斯去公园吗 |
[02:33] | Honey, it’s Tuesday at 10:00. | 亲爱的 现在是周二10点 |
[02:35] | Oh, yeah, meeting. | 对了 互助会 |
[02:36] | – Hi, alcoholics! – Nope. | -戒瘾者们好 -不 |
[02:38] | Not a meeting. What am I thinking? | 不是互助会 我在想什么啊 |
[02:40] | Uh, you’re at coffee with the ladies. Uh… | 你和女士们在喝咖啡 |
[02:42] | – Hi, ladies! – I’m at therapy, | -女士们好 -我在看心理医生 |
[02:44] | which you knew because an hour ago when you said, | 你知道的 因为当你一个小时前问 |
[02:46] | “What you got going on today?” I said… | “你今天要做什么”时 我说 |
[02:48] | You said therapy. I listen. | 你说要看心理医生 我听了 |
[02:50] | Hi, Trevor. It’s not true. I’m a great guy. | 你好 特雷弗 这不是真的 我是个好男人 |
[02:54] | We’ll discuss this later, | 我们晚些时候再聊 |
[02:55] | once Trevor tells me how I feel. | 先让特雷弗告诉我我有什么感受 |
[02:57] | I don’t tell you how you feel. | 我不会告诉你你有什么感受啊 |
[02:58] | Which is another way you’re letting me down. | 这是你让我失望的另一种方式 |
[03:04] | Anyway, I got so irritated the other night, and– | 总之 前几天晚上我非常生气 |
[03:07] | I’m not proud of this– I threw a potato at him. | 我对此不自豪 我向他扔了一颗土豆 |
[03:11] | A fingerling. I’m not an animal. | 小土豆 我不是禽兽 |
[03:15] | Would you say the level of conflict in your marriage | 你认为你婚姻中的矛盾 |
[03:16] | has escalated recently? | 最近加剧了吗 |
[03:18] | Well, Adam and I are newlyweds. | 亚当和我是新婚夫妇 |
[03:20] | You know what they say. | 你知道人们怎么说的 |
[03:21] | What do they say? “It’s been three months, | 人们怎么说的 “已经三个月了 |
[03:23] | let loose the tiny potatoes”? | 开始扔小土豆吧” |
[03:27] | You seem edgy. Everything all right? | 你看起来有点激动 一切还好吗 |
[03:29] | We’re not here to talk about me. | 我们不是来谈我的 |
[03:31] | That is the dumbest rule. You and I are friends. | 这规则最蠢了 我们是朋友 |
[03:34] | We are not friends. | 我们不是朋友 |
[03:36] | We have been hanging out every Tuesday for eight months. | 我们八个月来每周二都聚会 |
[03:39] | We are not hanging out. | 这不叫聚会 |
[03:42] | I am helping you navigate your life. | 我在指导你克服生活难题 |
[03:43] | Exactly. That’s what friends do, Trev. | 正是 朋友就是如此 特雷弗 |
[03:47] | Oh, come on, tell me one random thing about yourself. | 拜托 随便告诉我关于你的一件事 |
[03:49] | Like, that’s not your real nose, right? | 比如 那不是你天生的鼻子 对吧 |
[03:53] | I will not share anything about my personal life with you. | 我不会跟你分享任何我的私人生活 |
[03:56] | – What if I… – No. | -如果我… -不 |
[03:57] | You may not guess things | 你不能猜一些事 |
[03:58] | and then try and read my facial expressions. | 然后试图解读我的表情 |
[04:01] | Sure, ’cause your new nose is unreadable. | 那当然 因为你的新鼻子无法解读 |
[04:07] | Well, our time’s almost up | 时间快到了 |
[04:08] | and there’s something I’d like to talk to you about. | 我想和你谈一件事 |
[04:09] | Is it the health issues you’re having? | 是你的健康问题吗 |
[04:13] | I’ve been seeing you pro bono, | 我一直在无偿诊疗你 |
[04:15] | and I think it’s time we discuss you paying a modest fee. | 我认为是时候讨论让你付适度费用了 |
[04:18] | Aha. Financial problems. | 原来是经济问题 |
[04:20] | Yes, Bonnie, I’m broke. | 是的 邦妮 我破产了 |
[04:22] | That’s why I’m asking you for $35 a week. | 所以我每周要你付35美元 |
[04:27] | $25, and you can’t spend it on lattes. | 25美元 你不能花在拿铁上 |
[04:30] | $35, and I can spend it on whatever I want. | 35美元 我想怎么花就怎么花 |
[04:32] | Fine, but you have to tell me how you spend it. | 好吧 但你必须告诉我你是怎么花的 |
[04:34] | I will not. | 我不会的 |
[04:42] | Deal. | 成交 |
[04:45] | Sorry. I had to play hardball. | 抱歉 我必须强硬点 |
[04:50] | Hypothetical question. | 假设问题 |
[04:52] | If you hit a parked car and there’s no damage, | 假如你们撞了停着的车 没有产生损伤 |
[04:55] | would you leave a note? | 你们会留下便条吗 |
[04:56] | You wouldn’t, right? You wouldn’t. | 你们不会的吧 不会的吧 |
[05:00] | Well, what would it say– | 便条该怎么写 |
[05:01] | “Sorry for doing nothing to your car”? | “抱歉没撞坏你的车”吗 |
[05:04] | Agreed. | 赞同 |
[05:07] | Completely unrelated hypothetical question. | 完全不相关的假设问题 |
[05:10] | Does this look like damage to you? | 你们觉得这算损伤吗 |
[05:14] | I don’t think you know what “Hypothetical” Means. | 我觉得你不知道”假设”的含义 |
[05:16] | Yeah, or “Damage,” Because this bumper | 是的 以及”损伤”的含义 因为这个保险杠上 |
[05:19] | has a scuff, a dent and a scrape. | 有磨痕 凹痕和擦痕 |
[05:21] | She couldn’t have done it, she was with me the whole time. | 不可能是她做的 她一直和我在一起 |
[05:27] | Tammy, I don’t need an alibi. | 塔米 我不需要不在场证明 |
[05:29] | Trust me, you do. | 相信我 你需要的 |
[05:31] | We were watching Dirty Dancing. It’s your favorite movie. | 我们在看《辣身舞》 那是你最爱的电影 |
[05:33] | I’d never seen it before, but I was utterly charmed. | 我以前没看过 但我完全被迷住了 |
[05:36] | We ordered medium cheese pizzas and then talked about | 我们点了中份芝士披萨 谈到了 |
[05:39] | how amazing it must have been to be Jewish in the ’60s. | 在60年代当犹太人有多棒 |
[05:43] | I’ll more be more convincing tomorrow | 我明天会说得更可信 |
[05:44] | ’cause almost all of that happened to me yesterday. | 因为这些基本上昨天都在我身上发生过 |
[05:47] | So you didn’t leave a note? | 所以你没留便条吗 |
[05:48] | I did leave a note. | 我留了 |
[05:49] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[05:52] | Then I drove back and took it. | 然后我开车回去拿走了 |
[05:55] | Classic Plunkett move. We almost do the right thing. | 经典的普兰科特操作 我们差点做了对的事 |
[05:58] | I just panicked. | 我就是慌了 |
[06:00] | But now I feel awful. | 但我现在感觉很糟 |
[06:02] | I’ve been having nightmares. | 我一直在做噩梦 |
[06:04] | Last night I dreamt | 昨晚我梦到 |
[06:05] | I backed into the car and it exploded. | 我倒车撞到那辆车 然后它炸了 |
[06:09] | Then it turned out George Clooney was inside | 结果发现乔治·克鲁尼坐在车里 |
[06:12] | and we ended up making out. | 最后我们亲热了起来 |
[06:16] | And I felt bad, because I respect his wife so much. | 我很内疚 因为我很尊敬他的妻子 |
[06:24] | Did you leave her a note? | 你给她留便条了吗 |
[06:27] | Sweetie, I think you need to make amends to these people. | 亲爱的 我觉得你应该补偿那个人 |
[06:30] | Oh, I really wish I could, | 我真的希望我可以 |
[06:33] | but there’s just no way to track them down, so…. | 但没办法查出那个人是谁 所以 |
[06:37] | move on, live my life. | 翻篇 继续生活 |
[06:41] | Well, there was a license plate in that little picture you took. | 你拍的那张小照片上有车牌 |
[06:44] | I mean, I could ask Andy to abuse his access, | 我可以让安迪滥用他的权限 |
[06:46] | run the numbers and get you an address. | 查查车牌号 给你一个地址 |
[06:49] | It’s against the rules, but he likes | 这不符合规定 但他喜欢 |
[06:50] | showing off policey stuff for me. | 在我面前炫耀警察的事 |
[06:56] | Thanks Jill. Super helpful. | 谢谢 吉尔 非常有帮助 |
[07:01] | Okay. Should we get the check? | 好 我们该买单了吗 |
[07:02] | I’m having marital problems. | 我遇到婚姻问题了 |
[07:03] | I guess not. | 看来不该 |
[07:06] | Do you guys think Adam and I fight too much? | 你们觉得我和亚当吵架太多了吗 |
[07:07] | – Oh, yeah, way too much. – Yeah. It’s out of control. | -是的 太多了 -是的 失控了 |
[07:10] | Hey. I’m sorry. Only interested in hearing | 抱歉 我只想听 |
[07:11] | from people who’ve been married. | 结过婚的人的意见 |
[07:13] | I’ve been married. | 我结过婚 |
[07:14] | What? | 什么 |
[07:16] | I was 22. A guy promised me $3,000 | 我那时22岁 一个人承诺给我3000美元 |
[07:20] | to marry him for a green card, so I did. | 让我和他结婚骗绿卡 所以我照做了 |
[07:23] | Next morning I found out he was broke and from Iowa. | 第二天早上我发现他没钱 而且来自爱荷华州 |
[07:27] | But how often did you fight? | 但你们经常吵架吗 |
[07:28] | Just the once. | 就吵过那一次 |
[07:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:39] | Hi. Are you George Huang? | 你好 你是乔治·黄吗 |
[07:41] | No, that’s my dad. | 不 那是我爸爸 |
[07:42] | Is he here? | 他在家吗 |
[07:44] | I accidentally hit his car a few days ago | 我几天前不小心撞了他的车 |
[07:46] | and wanted to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[07:48] | He probably didn’t even notice. | 他可能都没有注意到 |
[07:50] | Oh, he definitely noticed. | 他当然注意到了 |
[07:52] | It’s all he’s talked about for the last two days. | 他过去两天一直在说这事 |
[07:55] | If I were you, I’d run. | 如果我是你 我会跑的 |
[07:57] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[07:58] | Don’t buy anything. | 别买任何东西 |
[08:01] | Hi. Uh, I’m the one who hit your car. | 你好 你的车是我撞的 |
[08:04] | Betty, it’s the criminal who hit our car. | 贝蒂 是撞我们车的罪犯 |
[08:08] | What kind of person doesn’t leave a note? | 什么样的人会不留便条啊 |
[08:10] | Betty, I did leave a note. | 贝蒂 我留过便条 |
[08:12] | Then I went back and took it. | 然后我回去拿走了 |
[08:14] | Why do I keep telling people that? | 我为什么总对别人说这个 |
[08:23] | Are you gonna translate for me? | 你不给我翻译吗 |
[08:24] | I don’t think you want me to. | 我觉得你不想听的 |
[08:29] | Like, every little problem Adam and I have turns into a fight. | 亚当和我的每个小问题都会导致吵架 |
[08:33] | Maybe it’s me. | 也许是因为我 |
[08:34] | Maybe I’m too broken to be in a partnership with someone. | 也许我太残缺了 不适合跟别人长久相伴 |
[08:40] | Hey, for 35 bucks, I expect words. | 我花了35块钱呢 能吱个声吗 |
[08:43] | Shrink it up. | 快点说 |
[08:44] | What if I were to give you some tools | 如果我给你一些能帮助你 |
[08:46] | to communicate with Adam better? | 与亚当更好沟通的工具呢 |
[08:47] | Well, now we’re talking. That sounds like value. | 这才对嘛 听起来物有所值 |
[08:49] | Lay ’em on me. | 说来听听 |
[08:50] | What I would suggest | 我的建议是 |
[08:51] | is when things get heated, uh, try some physical contact. | 当情况变紧张时 试试身体接触 |
[08:55] | You want me to hit him? | 你要我揍他吗 |
[08:59] | I mean, you know, granted, he won’t see it coming. | 诚然 他肯定预料不到 |
[09:03] | I want you to give him a gentle touch in order to maintain | 我想要你温柔地触摸他 |
[09:06] | a loving connection during conflict. | 以在冲突时保持亲密联系 |
[09:07] | In our case, gentle touch frequently leads to sex. | 就我们的情况而言 温柔触摸通常会导致性爱 |
[09:11] | But maybe that’s what you’re going for. | 但也许这就是你的目标 |
[09:14] | Sex is not a resolution for conflict. | 性爱不是冲突的解决方法 |
[09:16] | Then you’re not doing it right. | 那你肯定做得不对 |
[09:24] | Also, we’ve noticed you have some impulse control issues. | 而且我们注意到了你有一些冲动控制问题 |
[09:28] | What if you and Adam try to count to two | 如果你和亚当在争论时 |
[09:30] | before saying anything during an argument? | 试着数到二再说话呢 |
[09:33] | That’s stupid. | 那真蠢 |
[09:35] | Now, if you had counted to two just then, | 如果你刚数到了二 |
[09:37] | you might’ve said something more constructive. | 也许就会说出更有建设性的话 |
[09:41] | One, two. | 一二 |
[09:42] | Nope, still stupid. | 不 依然很蠢 |
[09:46] | Okay. Sadly, we’re out of time. | 好了 很可惜 时间到了 |
[09:48] | See you next week. | 下周见 |
[09:50] | Okay. Great. | 好 很好 |
[09:54] | Almost forgot. | 差点忘了 |
[10:51] | That’s a Life Saver. | 真是个救星 |
[10:52] | You’re a Life Saver. | 你是个救星 |
[10:59] | I’m in here. | 我在这里 |
[11:01] | I hope you’re hungry, ’cause I’ve been ma… | 希望你饿了 因为我在做… |
[11:03] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[11:05] | Fried chicken. | 炸鸡 |
[11:05] | I was starving on the way home. | 回家路上我饿坏了 |
[11:07] | I saved you the legs. | 我把鸡腿留给你了 |
[11:08] | Adam, I specifically told you this morning | 亚当 我今早明确地告诉过你 |
[11:11] | that I was making dinner. | 我要做晚餐 |
[11:12] | Why can’t you ev… | 你为什么不 |
[11:17] | One, two. | 一二 |
[11:20] | You see, my love, | 你瞧 亲爱的 |
[11:21] | I made salmon for us. | 我为我们做了三文鱼呢 |
[11:27] | Why are you counting? | 你为什么在数数 |
[11:28] | It’s a tool Trevor gave me. | 这是特雷弗教我的工具 |
[11:29] | You count to two so you don’t say things in anger. | 你数到二 这样就不会说气话了 |
[11:31] | I’m paying now, so this is the elite stuff. | 我现在付他钱了 这是高端货 |
[11:34] | You’re paying now? You didn’t tell me that. | 你现在付钱了吗 你没告诉我 |
[11:36] | Yes, I did! | 我告诉你了 |
[11:37] | One, two. Yes, I did. | 一二 我告诉你了 |
[11:46] | Okay, what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[11:47] | The other tool he gave me. | 他教我的另一个工具 |
[11:48] | It’s supposed to make us feel connected. | 这应该能让我俩感到联系 |
[11:50] | Your hand smells like fish. And by the way, | 你的手上一股鱼味 顺便说一句 |
[11:52] | I’ve told you a dozen times I hate salmon. | 我跟你说了好多次我讨厌三文鱼 |
[11:54] | I hate the way you say “Ma-ture,” | 我讨厌你说”成树”[成熟] |
[11:55] | but you got to hit the hard “T,” Don’tcha? | 但你就非得这样说 对吧 |
[11:59] | And touch me back. One, two. | 触摸我 一二 |
[12:02] | One, two. The point is, you don’t listen to me. | 一二 重点是你不听我说话 |
[12:04] | One, two, three. You don’t listen to me, either. | 一二三 你也不听我说话 |
[12:05] | I never said “Three”! | 我从来没说过三 |
[12:06] | You don’t even listen to how many numbers to use! | 你连我说了几个数字都不听 |
[12:14] | Kind of pulling my hair a little bit. | 你扯到我的头发了 |
[12:15] | I kind of know! | 我知道 |
[12:20] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[12:21] | You watched Flashdance last night? | 你们昨晚看了《闪电舞》吗 |
[12:23] | What. | 真是 |
[12:25] | A. | 令人 |
[12:26] | Feeling. | 感动 |
[12:30] | I spent two hours on the movie | 我花了两小时看电影 |
[12:32] | and two hours cutting the necklines | 花了两小时把我所有运动衫的领口 |
[12:33] | out of all my sweatshirts. | 都剪掉了 |
[12:35] | And some of mine before I took the scissors away. | 还在我拿走剪刀前祸害了我的运动衫 |
[12:39] | Why are you suddenly watching all the movies | 你为什么突然开始看我三年级时 |
[12:41] | I loved in the third grade? | 喜欢的所有电影 |
[12:42] | ‘Cause I never saw ’em. | 因为我从来没看过 |
[12:44] | ‘Cause you were poor? | 因为你很穷吗 |
[12:47] | ‘Cause I was drunk. | 因为我是酒鬼 |
[12:49] | It’s amazing how much pop culture you miss out on | 你一直喝酒时 错过的流行文化 |
[12:51] | when you’re loaded all the time. | 简直是太多了 |
[12:53] | I know. For years I thought Ellen DeGeneres | 就是啊 多年来我觉得艾伦·德杰尼勒斯 |
[12:56] | and David Spade were the same person. | 和大卫·斯佩德是同一个人 |
[13:01] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:03] | I just got asked out. | 有人刚约我出去 |
[13:04] | Say yes. Say yes. | 答应 答应 |
[13:06] | Even if it’s a wrong number. | 就算是发错了号码 |
[13:08] | It’s the son of the couple whose car I hit. | 我撞了他父母的车 这是他儿子 |
[13:11] | I paid for their bumper, | 我付了他们的保险杠修理费 |
[13:12] | and now he wants to have coffee with me. | 现在他想跟我喝咖啡 |
[13:13] | Look at that– the universe is rewarding you | 瞧瞧 宇宙在奖励你 |
[13:15] | for doing the right thing. | 因为你做了正确的事 |
[13:18] | Well, be careful– you don’t even know this guy. | 小心点 你都不认识这人 |
[13:19] | He could be a serial killer. | 他可能是连环杀手 |
[13:21] | Or just want to kill you and be done. | 或者只想杀了你一个人 |
[13:26] | I say pack your Mace, roll the dice. | 我建议你带上防狼喷雾 赌一把 |
[13:28] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢 妈 |
[13:37] | Yeah, go ahead, Sandra, pack your bag! | 去吧 桑德拉 打包行李 |
[13:39] | It didn’t scare me last time you did it, | 你上次这样做没有吓到我 |
[13:41] | and it doesn’t scare me now! | 现在也没有 |
[13:42] | I am not trying to scare you! | 我没想吓唬你 |
[13:44] | I am trying to get away from your toxic narcissism! | 我试图远离你有毒的自恋 |
[13:47] | We have been having the same fight for 16 years! | 我们16年来都在吵同样的架 |
[13:50] | Nothing is ever good enough for you! | 你对一切永远都不满意 |
[13:52] | I am so done with you! | 老娘跟你玩完了 |
[14:03] | Bonnie? | 邦妮 |
[14:08] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[14:18] | Hi! Kevin! | 好啊 凯文 |
[14:19] | Hey! | 好啊 |
[14:21] | I-I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[14:22] | Great. I’ll get us a table. | 好 我去订位置 |
[14:31] | Oh, no, no, no! | 不 不 |
[14:36] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[14:37] | I’m gonna be alone forever! | 我要孤独终老了 |
[14:51] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[14:54] | No worries. | 别担心 |
[14:56] | I lost track of the time. | 我忘记时间了 |
[14:59] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[15:00] | As always, we’re not here to talk about me. | 我说过了 我们不是来谈我的 |
[15:04] | So, were you able to utilize the tools with Adam? | 你对亚当用了工具吗 |
[15:07] | We tried. | 我们试过了 |
[15:09] | If anything, they made the fight bigger. | 结果导致我们吵得更厉害了 |
[15:11] | Maybe that’s why you don’t use them | 也许那就是你跟你老婆吵架时 |
[15:12] | when you fight with your wife. | 不用这些工具的原因 |
[15:18] | I know this is asking a lot, but I’d really like you to try | 我知道这个要求很过分 但我真的希望你努力 |
[15:20] | and forget what you witnessed earlier. | 忘记你早些时候看到的东西 |
[15:22] | Sure. Forgotten. | 没问题 我忘了 |
[15:23] | Anyway, we tried physical touch, we tried counting. | 总之 我们试过了触摸和数数 |
[15:27] | It just led to me throwing more potatoes, | 这导致我扔了更多的土豆 |
[15:28] | and this time it wasn’t the little ones– | 这次不是小土豆 |
[15:30] | they were mashed and covered in hot butter. | 而是浇着热黄油的土豆泥 |
[15:34] | Well… | 好吧 |
[15:35] | some fights are too big for the tools. | 有些争吵太激烈了 没法用工具 |
[15:37] | Sometimes the rupture between the two of you | 有时候你们之间的裂痕是那么深 |
[15:39] | is so deep and so wide you can’t even hear each other. | 那么宽 你甚至听不到对方的声音 |
[15:43] | You try and you try, and you… | 你努力尝试 你 |
[15:45] | you want to put everything back in the box, but you just can’t. | 你想让一切回归原样 但你做不到 |
[15:48] | That sounds very painful. | 听起来很痛苦 |
[15:51] | Sometimes I wake up, I don’t even know how to breathe. | 有时候我醒来时都不知道该如何呼吸 |
[15:56] | Wait. What did you just do? | 等等 你刚做了什么 |
[15:59] | I created a safe space without judgment. | 我创造了一个没有评判的安全空间 |
[16:03] | I’m not sure I like this. | 我不确定我喜欢这样 |
[16:05] | That’s okay. Just live with the feeling for a moment. | 没事 好好体验一下这种感情 |
[16:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:11] | I feel like I’ve worked my ass off. | 我感觉自己拼命工作 |
[16:12] | I’ve given her a great life, but… | 我给她带来了很棒的生活 但是 |
[16:14] | yet nothing is ever good enough. | 一切永远都不够好 |
[16:16] | Why are you making this all about yourself? | 你为什么眼里只有你自己 |
[16:19] | I don’t think I am. | 我没有啊 |
[16:20] | You have to remember, her inner life | 你得记住 她的内心生活 |
[16:22] | is totally separate from you. | 跟你是完全分开的 |
[16:24] | Isn’t it possible she has needs that aren’t being met | 有没有这种可能性 她没被满足的需求 |
[16:26] | that have nothing to do with you? | 跟你毫无关系呢 |
[16:31] | That’s something to think about. | 这值得考虑 |
[16:33] | It is, isn’t it? | 是的 对吧 |
[16:39] | Well, obviously, today went off the rails. | 显然 今天跑偏了 |
[16:41] | I’m not gonna charge you for this week. | 我这周不会收你钱 |
[16:42] | Of course not. But I am gonna charge you. | 当然了 但我要收你的钱 |
[16:48] | Thirty-five dollars. | 35美元 |
[16:51] | I’m not kidding. | 我没开玩笑 |
[16:59] | You. | 是你啊 |
[17:00] | Hi. I’m not sure why I keep choosing to do it this way, | 你好 我不确定我为什么一直选择这样做 |
[17:02] | but here’s a note and a check. | 但这是便条和支票 |
[17:07] | …razing or totally damaging | 完全破坏了 |
[17:09] | 30 homes, triggering… | 30个家庭 导致… |
[17:14] | I know you were just in therapy. | 我知道你刚去心理治疗了 |
[17:16] | I know you’re in charge of dinner. | 我知道你要做晚餐 |
[17:18] | I’m just sitting here being mature. | 我只是坐在这里 表现得成熟点 |
[17:25] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[17:27] | I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[17:28] | Don’t just say fine. I’m really asking how you are. | 别说挺好的 我真的在关心你 |
[17:32] | Oh, God, is this another therapy tool? | 天啊 这是另一个心理治疗工具吗 |
[17:36] | What’s next? | 接下来是什么 |
[17:36] | Are we gonna talk to each other with puppets? | 我们要用木偶跟对方说话吗 |
[17:39] | His puppets are for kids, | 他的木偶是给小孩子玩的 |
[17:40] | and I’m not allowed to play with them | 我不被允许和它们玩 |
[17:42] | since I left them in funny positions. | 因为我把它们摆出了可笑的造型 |
[17:45] | This is just me realizing I want you to listen to me, | 这只是我意识到 我想让你听我说 |
[17:49] | but I don’t always stop to listen to you. | 但我并没有总是停下来听你说 |
[17:52] | So… | 所以 |
[17:53] | do you have stuff on your mind? | 你有什么心事吗 |
[17:56] | Yeah, I got tons of stuff on my mind. | 我有很多心事 |
[17:59] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[17:59] | Well, the big topic in here these days is death. | 最近我心里想的大事是死亡 |
[18:04] | Mine or yours? | 我死还是你死 |
[18:08] | Definitely mine. | 绝对是我死 |
[18:11] | You know… | 要知道 |
[18:14] | getting married kind of gave me a future… | 结婚给了我一个未来 |
[18:17] | and people that I need to… take care of, | 我需要照顾一些人 |
[18:20] | and my last birthday, | 我上次过生日时 |
[18:22] | I-I turned the same age as my dad was when he died, | 就和我爸爸去世时年龄一样了 |
[18:25] | so yeah, I’m thinking about dying. | 所以对 我想到了死 |
[18:27] | How often? | 多久想一次 |
[18:29] | Oh, you know, three, four hundred times a day. | 一天三四百次吧 |
[18:33] | Honey, that’s pretty often. | 亲爱的 那很频繁 |
[18:35] | I take breaks and… worry about earthquakes. | 我也会休息 担心一下地震 |
[18:41] | Okay, I’m gonna touch you now, | 好 我现在要碰你了 |
[18:42] | and it’s not a therapy thing. | 这和心理治疗无关 |
[18:46] | It’s an “I love you” thing. | 意思是我爱你 |
[18:53] | You know you don’t have to worry about me. | 你没必要担心我的 |
[18:55] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾我自己 |
[18:57] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[18:59] | It still doesn’t help. | 依然没让我宽心 |
[19:04] | Did you feel that? | 你感受到了震动吗 |
[19:09] | Jill, thanks so much for hosting. | 吉尔 谢谢你做东 |
[19:11] | Oh, this is gonna be so fun. | 这会很好玩的 |
[19:13] | Footloose Kevin Bacon is my favorite Kevin Bacon. | 我最喜欢《浑身是劲》里的凯文·贝肯 |
[19:16] | This is way nicer than Marjorie’s. | 这里比玛乔丽家好多了 |
[19:18] | The screen’s bigger than a postage stamp, | 屏幕比邮票大 |
[19:20] | and we don’t have to fight the cats | 而且我们没必要跟猫 |
[19:21] | for couch space or popcorn. | 抢沙发或者爆米花 |
[19:23] | Yes, it’s wonderful. | 是啊 真棒 |
[19:25] | Thank you, Jill. | 谢谢你 吉尔 |
[19:26] | – And it smells so clean. – Okay. | -闻起来好干净啊 -好了 |
[19:28] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:31] | I got Milk Duds… | 我拿了奶味糖豆 |
[19:33] | and Whoppers. | 和皇堡 |
[19:34] | I had Reese’s Pieces, but… | 我还拿了瑞氏糖果 但是 |
[19:35] | it’s a long walk from the kitchen. | 从厨房走过来很远 |
[19:38] | It’s just nicer in every way. | 每个方面都更好 |
[19:39] | Stop it! | 闭嘴 |
[19:42] | All right, starting the movie. | 好了 放电影了 |
[19:46] | Since when do you wear glasses? | 你什么时候戴眼镜了 |
[19:49] | I just found out I need them. You know, for movies. | 我刚发现我看电影时需要戴 |
[19:53] | Maybe a little bit for driving. | 也许开车时也要戴 |
[19:55] | What’d you do, hit another car? | 你做了什么 又撞车了吗 |
[19:56] | Hope so. That’s how she meets men. | 希望如此 她只能靠这样认识男人 |
[20:01] | Movie’s starting. | 电影开始了 |
[20:08] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:09] | Oh, I’m gonna dance for the entire movie, | 整部电影我都要翩翩起舞 |
[20:11] | ’cause the people in this town can’t. | 因为这座小镇的居民不能跳 |