时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | What maniac brought vegetables without ranch? | 哪个疯子买蔬菜时没买农场酱 |
[00:04] | I don’t want to know what celery actually tastes like. | 我可不想尝原味芹菜 |
[00:06] | It was me. I swear, | 是我 我发誓 |
[00:08] | I hadn’t eaten something green in a month. | 我一个月没吃过绿菜了 |
[00:10] | Ever since I started dating Andy, | 自从我和安迪约会后 |
[00:11] | all I eat is meat, meat, meat and banana pudding. | 我只吃肉肉肉和香蕉布丁 |
[00:14] | But your man cooks for you. That’s my dream. | 但你的男人为你做饭 这是我的梦想 |
[00:16] | That and a pickup truck with a tailgate | 我的梦想还有一辆皮卡 |
[00:18] | that turns into a ladder. | 后挡板能变梯子 |
[00:20] | It is nice, but he brought over | 确实挺好 但他带来了 |
[00:22] | a ton of cookbooks and rubs and sauces. | 很多食谱 调料和酱 |
[00:25] | He’s got my kitchen looking like a… kitchen. | 他让我的厨房…有了厨房的样子 |
[00:29] | Hey, you’re a builder person. | 你是个手艺人 |
[00:31] | Can you build me a shelf to make that stuff go away? | 你能给我做个架子 藏起来那些东西吗 |
[00:33] | – In my sleep. – Well, how much do you charge? | -闭着眼都能做 -要多少钱 |
[00:35] | Stop. I’ll do it for free. | 得了 我免费给你做 |
[00:36] | No, no. You got to know your value. | 不不 你必须知道自己的价值 |
[00:38] | How else are you gonna get that pickup if you work for free? | 免费打工怎能赚到那辆皮卡呢 |
[00:40] | Well, I do want that truck. | 我的确想要那辆卡车 |
[00:41] | Let’s see, one shelf: $42,000. | 一个架子 42000美元 |
[00:45] | Fine. 75 bucks. | 好吧 75美元 |
[00:47] | Deal. | 成交 |
[00:49] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[00:52] | What’s new? | 有什么新鲜事 |
[00:57] | You went to my bra lady. | 你们去找了我的胸罩女 |
[00:58] | Oh, she is not a bra lady, she’s a boob architect. | 她可不是胸罩女 她是胸部塑形大师 |
[01:04] | I mean, I got lifted, separated and groped, but in a good way. | 我被举拨揉捏了一番 但都是好事 |
[01:07] | I had no idea I was wearing the wrong size this whole time. | 我一直不知道我戴错了尺码 |
[01:10] | Oh, I did. Merry Christmas. | 我知道 圣诞快乐 |
[01:14] | I keep catching them in my peripheral vision. | 我的余光总能看到它们 |
[01:16] | I’m just sitting there and it’s like “Ooh! Hello, ladies.” | 我坐在那里 突然之间 “你们好 女士们” |
[01:22] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[01:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:25] | I just got a text from my son. | 我刚收到了儿子的短信 |
[01:27] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[01:28] | He hasn’t spoken to me in years. | 他多年没和我说过话了 |
[01:30] | Well, what’d it say? | 短信里说什么 |
[01:31] | Just to call him when I get a chance. | 让我有空给他打电话 |
[01:34] | Well, you got a chance. Do it. | 你现在就有空 打吧 |
[01:36] | No. No, I’m not ready. | 不不 我没准备好 |
[01:39] | I need a meeting first. Wendy, let’s get started. | 我需要先开个会 温蒂 开始吧 |
[01:44] | Welcome to the Thursday women’s meeting. | 欢迎来到周四女性互助会 |
[01:46] | My name is Wendy and I’m an alcoholic. | 我叫温蒂 我是个酒瘾者 |
[01:48] | Eh, screw it, I can’t wait. | 不管了 我等不及了 |
[01:53] | Hi, Wendy. | 你好 温蒂 |
[02:03] | – Marjorie’s still on the phone? – I can barely see. | -玛乔丽还在讲电话吗 -我看不太清 |
[02:05] | Looks like somebody cleaned this window with ham. | 这玻璃似乎被人用火腿擦过 |
[02:09] | I think her lips are moving. | 我觉得她的嘴唇在动 |
[02:10] | Oh, that doesn’t mean anything. | 那说明不了任何事 |
[02:11] | She talks to herself all the time at home. | 她经常在家自言自语 |
[02:14] | What are you guys looking at? | 你们在看什么 |
[02:16] | Oh. I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:20] | So who have we been spying on? | 那我们一直在看的是谁 |
[02:22] | Oh, my God, it’s Dwayne the custodian. | 天啊 是管理员德韦恩 |
[02:26] | Well, that’s on him. | 都怪他 |
[02:26] | He shouldn’t wear his hair like that. | 他不该留一样的发型 |
[02:29] | So, what happened? | 怎么样了 |
[02:31] | Call me Grandma. | 叫我奶奶 |
[02:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[02:37] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[02:38] | It was so wonderful to hear his voice. | 听到他的声音太棒了 |
[02:41] | He told me I have a granddaughter named Sophia | 他告诉我 我有了个叫索菲亚的孙女 |
[02:45] | and he wants me to meet her. | 他想让我见她 |
[02:46] | That’s great, Marjorie. I am so happy– Whoa! | 太棒了 玛乔丽 我真为你开心… |
[02:49] | Oh. Sorry, my boobs scared me again. | 抱歉 我的胸部又吓到我了 |
[02:55] | How much further? | 还有多远 |
[02:57] | 1.7 miles. | 1.7英里 |
[02:59] | Uh, make that 1.6 miles. | 现在是1.6英里 |
[03:01] | Ooh, T.J. Maxx coming up on the left. | 左边有折扣店 |
[03:04] | 1.5. | 1.5英里 |
[03:06] | Okay, Siri, settle down. | 好了 Siri 闭嘴 |
[03:09] | Thanks again for driving. | 再次感谢你们开车 |
[03:11] | I felt fine this morning, but then I fed the cats granola | 我今早本来感觉还好 但之后我给猫喂了麦片 |
[03:15] | and poured myself a bowl of Meow Mix | 给自己倒了一碗猫粮 |
[03:16] | and I thought, “Maybe don’t drive.” | 然后我想 还是别开车了 |
[03:19] | You’ll be great. | 你会没事的 |
[03:21] | 1.2. | 1.2英里 |
[03:24] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我不敢相信这要发生了 |
[03:26] | 1.1. | 1.1英里 |
[03:29] | You know the best part? | 你知道最棒的部分是什么吗 |
[03:30] | Jerry wanted nothing to do with you, | 杰瑞想和你切断关系 |
[03:32] | but you sent birthday cards every year. | 但你每年都寄生日卡 |
[03:35] | You didn’t get anything back, but you didn’t give up. | 没任何回音 但你没放弃 |
[03:38] | And now look. | 现在看看 |
[03:39] | I thought you were crazy. | 我曾以为你疯了 |
[03:41] | I might have said so when you weren’t around. | 我也许在你不在时这样说过 |
[03:43] | You said it to my face. | 你当我面都说过 |
[03:45] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[03:46] | That’s what I like about me. | 我就喜欢自己这点 |
[03:50] | And what the rest of us hope you work on. | 其他人都希望你改改 |
[03:53] | What am I supposed to say to him after all this time? | 过了这么多年 我该对他说什么 |
[03:56] | When he was little, | 在他小时候 |
[03:58] | my goal was just to stay sober until he got on the school bus, | 我的目标只是在他上校车之前别喝醉 |
[04:03] | and most days, I couldn’t make it. | 大部分时候 我都做不到 |
[04:05] | Well, I blame vodka for being so damn delicious | 我怪伏特加配橙汁 |
[04:08] | with orange juice. | 实在太好喝了 |
[04:10] | Or with any juice. | 配任何果汁都好喝 |
[04:11] | Or with nothing. | 不配都好喝 |
[04:14] | 0.3. | 0.3英里 |
[04:17] | Finally, my husband told me | 最终 我丈夫告诉我 |
[04:19] | I had to stop drinking or move out. | 要么戒酒 要么搬出去 |
[04:23] | So… | 所以 |
[04:25] | You moved out. | 你搬出去了 |
[04:26] | That day. | 就在那天 |
[04:29] | I chose booze over my own son. | 在酒和我亲儿子之间 我选了酒 |
[04:33] | But you’re an incredible woman now and he’s gonna see it. | 但你现在是个了不起的女人 他会看出来的 |
[04:36] | You have arrived at your destination. | 您已抵达目的地 |
[04:38] | Oh, sure, I do all the work and you bring us home. | 对 我说了那么多 功劳被你抢了 |
[04:42] | Text us if you need us. | 需要我们帮忙的话发短信 |
[04:44] | We’re gonna go get our nails done. | 我们去做指甲 |
[04:45] | And maybe hit that T.J. Maxx. | 或者去那家折扣店 |
[04:49] | I am so nervous. | 我真紧张 |
[04:51] | Relax. There’s a baby there. | 放松 那里有个婴儿 |
[04:53] | They’re great icebreakers. | 婴儿最能打破尴尬了 |
[04:54] | Yeah. Any time you’re at a loss for words, | 对 在你无话可说时 |
[04:57] | you just say, “Look at the baby.” | 只用说”看那婴儿” |
[05:00] | Maybe don’t do a voice | 别模仿那种 |
[05:01] | that sounds like you’re gonna eat the baby. | 你好像要吃了婴儿的声音 |
[05:06] | Would you look at all these stupid cookbooks? | 你看看这些愚蠢的食谱 |
[05:09] | Grill Master, Grill Monster, All Up in My Grill. | 《烧烤大师》《烧烤怪兽》《全是烧烤》 |
[05:14] | I guess I should be happy he’s reading. | 我猜我至少应该高兴他在看书 |
[05:17] | Although this one’s mostly pictures. | 不过这本书里基本都是图 |
[05:20] | How high do you want this? | 你想放多高 |
[05:21] | Where I can’t see it and Andy can. | 放一个我看不到 安迪能看到的高度 |
[05:24] | Well, how tall is he? | 他有多高 |
[05:29] | Little bit taller than you. | 比你高一点 |
[05:33] | Oh, Belinda, did you vacuum the carpet | 贝琳达 你今天用吸尘器 |
[05:36] | in the master bedroom today? | 打扫过主卧地毯吗 |
[05:37] | I did it first thing. | 我一早就打扫了 |
[05:39] | Did you, though? | 你有吗 |
[05:40] | ‘Cause it’s not as fluffed up as it should be. | 因为感觉没有那么蓬松 |
[05:43] | I’ll give it another go. | 我会再打扫一次 |
[05:44] | And this time, I’ll really put my back into it. | 这次我会使尽全力 |
[05:47] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:49] | All righty, I’m gonna go get a massage, | 好 我要去按摩 |
[05:51] | take a steam and then relax for a little while. | 洗个蒸汽澡 然后放松一会儿 |
[05:54] | That’s a pretty busy day. Leave time for a nap. | 你一天真忙 记得留打盹的时间 |
[05:56] | I always do. | 我总是留的 |
[05:59] | What would you like for lunch? | 你午餐想吃什么 |
[06:01] | Oh, I’ll be done way before then. | 在午餐之前我早做完了 |
[06:03] | Have you worked for Miss Jill before? | 你之前为吉尔女士工作过吗 |
[06:04] | – No. – I’ll make you tuna. | -没有 -我给你做金枪鱼 |
[06:10] | Got to say, I’m surprised you said yes to the paraffin. | 必须说 你同意做石蜡护理令我惊讶 |
[06:13] | I didn’t know what it was. | 我当时不知道这是什么 |
[06:14] | I thought she was offering me a snack. | 我以为她要给我零食 |
[06:17] | Well, whatever’s happening inside this mitt | 不管这手套里发生着什么 |
[06:20] | feels soft and warm. | 感觉都很柔软暖和 |
[06:23] | And kind of sexy. | 还有点性感 |
[06:25] | Man, I need a boyfriend. | 天啊 我需要一个男友 |
[06:27] | That is the word on the street. | 人们都这样说 |
[06:31] | Maybe this bra is gonna change my whole dating life. | 也许这个胸罩会改变我的约会生活 |
[06:35] | You’ve been wearing it for a couple of days. | 你已经戴了几天了 |
[06:36] | Gotten any feelers? | 有欣赏者[揉搓者]吗 |
[06:37] | Just me for right now. | 目前只有我 |
[06:40] | But you know what? It ain’t bad. | 你猜怎么着 感觉还不赖 |
[06:54] | – It’s Marjorie. – So soon? | -是玛乔丽 -这么快 |
[06:56] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[07:01] | She says, “Come get me ASAP.” | 她说”尽快来接我” |
[07:03] | – That’s not good. – I know, we got to go | -这不是好兆头 -我知道 我们得走了 |
[07:05] | right after we’re done here. No T.J. Maxx. | 做完这个就走 不去折扣店了 |
[07:07] | Mom, we got to go now. | 妈 我们现在就得走 |
[07:09] | What? She said, “As soon as possible.” | 怎么了 她说的是”尽可能快” |
[07:10] | The only thing that’s possible right now | 我现在这个样子只可能 |
[07:12] | is me taking a chicken out of the oven. | 从烤箱里取烤鸡 |
[07:16] | 11:22. Told you I’d be out of here by lunch. | 11点22分 我说过午餐前我就会走 |
[07:19] | Well done. | 好样的 |
[07:21] | Well, I took my steam, | 我洗了蒸汽澡 |
[07:23] | but there was no eucalyptus spray, | 但那里没有桉树喷雾 |
[07:25] | and I’m not gonna point any fingers, but Natalie? | 我不想怪谁 但是娜塔莉 |
[07:29] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会去处理 |
[07:30] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢啦谢啦 |
[07:32] | I finished your shelf. What do you think? | 我做好架子了 你觉得怎样 |
[07:34] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:37] | Don’t you like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[07:38] | No, I like it. | 不 我喜欢 |
[07:40] | But? | 不过呢 |
[07:41] | It’s just not what I pictured. | 和我想象中不一样 |
[07:43] | Well, what did you picture? | 你想象的是什么样 |
[07:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:47] | I mean, I-I guess I sort of saw the shelf with sides and a top | 我想象中的架子有边和顶 |
[07:52] | and maybe some doors. | 还有几扇门 |
[07:54] | So a cabinet. | 所以是个橱柜 |
[07:56] | A cabinet, yes. That’s the kind of shelf I want. | 橱柜 对 我就想要那种架子 |
[08:00] | All right. Well, I need to get more supplies, | 好 我需要准备更多物资 |
[08:02] | but okay. | 但没问题 |
[08:03] | Oh. You’re the best. Ah… | 你最棒了 |
[08:05] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢啦谢啦 |
[08:07] | Would you like your tuna sandwich toasted or not toasted? | 你的金枪鱼三明治要烤的还是不烤的 |
[08:13] | Toasted. | 烤的 |
[08:17] | Oh, God, she’s sitting on the curb. | 天啊 她坐在路边 |
[08:19] | Looks like a depressed garden gnome. | 看起来像个忧郁的花园地精 |
[08:28] | – Are you okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[08:30] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[08:31] | I thought it was going well. | 我以为进展顺利 |
[08:33] | And then I said the baby looked cold | 然后我说婴儿看起来很冷 |
[08:35] | and maybe she needed a blanket. | 也许她需要一张毯子 |
[08:36] | Then all of a sudden my son starts screaming at me | 突然之间我儿子开始冲我大喊 |
[08:39] | that I have no right to tell him how to parent. | 说我无权教他如何当家长 |
[08:41] | That’s crazy. | 真疯狂 |
[08:43] | You didn’t mean anything by it. | 你说那话是无心的 |
[08:44] | You know what? I’m gonna go in and say something. | 知道吗 我要进去说句话 |
[08:46] | No. Stay out of it. | 不 别掺和 |
[08:49] | But it’s not fair. | 但这不公平 |
[08:50] | Please just take me home. | 拜托送我回家吧 |
[09:00] | So? What do you think? | 现在感觉怎样 |
[09:03] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[09:09] | So I build her a cabinet, which everyone knows | 所以我给她做了个橱柜 所有人都知道 |
[09:11] | is different than a shelf, | 那和架子不是一个东西 |
[09:12] | and she says it’s “Too closed-off.” | 而她说”太封闭了” |
[09:14] | So we try glass doors that she picked out, and then guess what? | 然后我们用了她选的玻璃门 你猜怎么着 |
[09:17] | She says it’s “Too see-through.” | 她说”太通透了” |
[09:19] | Why are you smiling? | 你为什么在笑 |
[09:20] | No one ever vents to me. | 没人对我发泄过 |
[09:25] | Oh, good. She came. | 很好 她来了 |
[09:26] | Mm. Hope she’s doing better today. | 希望她今天感觉好些 |
[09:28] | You know, Bonnie, | 知道吗 邦妮 |
[09:29] | they paint lines in the parking lot for a reason. | 停车场划线是有理由的 |
[09:33] | Nope. | 不好 |
[09:36] | I’m sorry, I’ll park better in the future. | 抱歉 我以后停车会注意 |
[09:39] | Damn, this is terrible. | 该死 真难喝 |
[09:41] | It’s always terrible. | 总是很难喝 |
[09:47] | Do you want to vent to me? | 你想对我发泄吗 |
[09:48] | It’s a thing now. | 现在正流行 |
[09:53] | We have time for one more share. | 还有一个人分享的时间 |
[09:57] | I’ll go. | 我来 |
[10:00] | Marjorie? | 玛乔丽 |
[10:03] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:04] | Marjorie, alcoholic. | 玛乔丽 酒瘾者 |
[10:05] | Hi, Marjorie. | 你好 玛乔丽 |
[10:07] | I know that I’ve been sober for a long time | 我知道我坚持戒瘾很长时间了 |
[10:12] | and I sponsor women and I try to do all the right things, | 我当姐妹们的互助对象 试图做所有正确的事 |
[10:16] | but… in my son’s eyes, | 但在我儿子眼里 |
[10:21] | I’ll-I’ll always be the mom he saw passed out on the sidewalk | 我总是那个他在上学路上看到的 |
[10:25] | on his way to school. | 在人行道上昏倒的妈妈 |
[10:28] | And I had accepted that he and I might never have a relationship. | 我已经接受了他和我可能永远不会建立感情 |
[10:34] | But then I saw him. | 但是我看到了他 |
[10:36] | And I met my beautiful new granddaughter. | 我还见到了我美丽的孙女 |
[10:41] | And now I wish he’d never reached out to me at all. | 现在我希望他从未主动联系过我 |
[10:51] | If her son knew her the way we do, | 如果她儿子像我们一样了解她 |
[10:54] | he’d be excited to have her in his life. | 他会很激动让她回到他生活中的 |
[10:55] | He’d be lucky to have her in his life. | 那可真是他走运了 |
[10:57] | He needs to know how incredible she is. | 他得了解她有多出色 |
[10:58] | Someone needs to tell him. | 得有人去告诉他 |
[11:04] | Ooh, are we telling him? | 我们要去告诉他吗 |
[11:05] | Hell yeah, we are. | 当然 |
[11:07] | I was literally about to say we should go there and meddle. | 我正要说我们应该去他家干涉一下 |
[11:09] | We’re so in sync. | 我们太合拍了 |
[11:11] | Were you also thinking we should stop | 你也在想我们该在 |
[11:12] | at the drive-through and get… | 免下车餐厅停靠 买… |
[11:13] | Crunchwrap gorditas? | 脆卷肉馅饼吗 |
[11:15] | I was gonna say salads. | 我本来打算说沙拉的 |
[11:17] | Okay, but same page about the son. | 好吧 但我们对她儿子的意见一致 |
[11:20] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么鬼 |
[11:22] | A high five. | 击掌啊 |
[11:23] | How about an “Up top” first? | 先预告一下行吗 |
[11:27] | I followed your suggestions, made it “More streamlined,” | 我听从了你的建议 做得”更加精简” |
[11:29] | got rid of the “Silly frills.” | 去掉了”愚蠢的装饰” |
[11:31] | I hope you like it. | 希望你喜欢 |
[11:36] | Oh, Tammy! | 塔米 |
[11:37] | It’s perfect! Ah… | 太完美了 |
[11:39] | Belinda, Natalie, did you see it? | 贝琳达 娜塔莉 你们看见了吗 |
[11:42] | – Beautiful. – Yes. | -真美 -真棒 |
[11:45] | Oh, I’m so happy. | 我真高兴 |
[11:47] | Job well done. And here you go. | 做得好 给你报酬 |
[11:49] | $75, just like we agreed. | 75美元 我们说好的 |
[11:52] | Yeah, just like we agreed. | 是啊 我们说好的 |
[11:56] | Belinda, put all of Andy’s grill stuff | 贝琳达 你给我的卧室吸完尘后 |
[11:58] | up on my new shelf when you’re done vacuuming my bedroom. | 把安迪烧烤的东西都放到我的新架子上 |
[12:01] | I already vacuumed it twice. | 我已经吸了两次 |
[12:03] | Perhaps the third time will be the charm. | 也许第三次会更好 |
[12:06] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢啦谢啦 |
[12:10] | That’s the same shelf you started with, isn’t it? | 这就是你最开始做的架子 对吧 |
[12:12] | Yep, but now it’s her idea. | 是的 但现在这是她的主意了 |
[12:14] | You caught on fast. | 你懂得很快嘛 |
[12:16] | You know, it’s funny, I’ve never seen this side of Jill. | 真有趣 我从未见过吉尔的这一面 |
[12:18] | Is there another side? | 她还有别的一面吗 |
[12:20] | How could she not get that with all the extra time and materials, | 她怎么不懂 我多花了时间和材料 |
[12:23] | she should pay me more money? | 她应该多付我钱 |
[12:24] | It’s Jill math. | 这是吉尔数学 |
[12:26] | She pays us to work till 5:00, but keeps us till 6:30. | 她付钱让我们干活到五点 但把我们留到六点半 |
[12:29] | And she hasn’t given us a raise in three years. | 她三年里都没给我们加薪了 |
[12:31] | But she does give us lots of “Thank you, thank yous.” | 但她的确跟我们说了很多句谢啦谢啦 |
[12:35] | I tried to buy groceries with them, but it didn’t work. | 我试图用这话来买杂物 但行不通 |
[12:39] | That’s not right. | 这样不对 |
[12:40] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[12:41] | No, I’m serious. It’s not right. | 不 我是认真的 这样不对 |
[12:43] | – We agree. – I mean, it’s wrong! | -我们同意 -这样错了 |
[12:47] | Remember when we were like that? | 记得我们过去也是这样吗 |
[12:50] | I’d stay and reminisce, | 我想留下来回忆往事 |
[12:51] | but I have to go and vacuum a clean carpet. | 但我得去给一块干净的地毯吸尘了 |
[12:58] | Thanks for seeing us. | 谢谢你肯见我们 |
[13:00] | We know this is a little weird. | 我们知道这有点奇怪 |
[13:01] | That’s fine. I just want everyone to get along. | 没事 我只是希望大家处得来 |
[13:04] | Babe, who’s at the door? | 宝贝 谁敲的门 |
[13:06] | Uh, this is, uh, Bonnie and Christy. | 这两位是邦妮和克丽丝蒂 |
[13:10] | Friends of your mother’s. | 你妈妈的朋友 |
[13:15] | You and I actually met. | 我们其实见过面 |
[13:17] | It was a few years ago, when your mom had cancer. | 是在几年前 你妈妈得癌症的时候 |
[13:21] | Right. | 对哦 |
[13:22] | You stuck your nose in then. | 你那时候就多管闲事 |
[13:25] | I’m assuming you’re here to stick it in again now? | 我猜你现在也是来多管闲事的 |
[13:31] | Look at the baby! | 看那婴儿 |
[13:37] | I have nothing to say about that woman. | 关于那个女人 我没啥好说的 |
[13:40] | It was a mistake to reach out. It wasn’t even my idea. | 联系她是个错误 那甚至不是我的主意 |
[13:44] | It was mine. | 是我的 |
[13:45] | I thought it would be nice for Sophia to have a grandmother | 我觉得索菲亚有个奶奶会挺好的 |
[13:49] | who might like to babysit every once in a while. | 她也许想偶尔照看一下孩子 |
[13:52] | I’m so frickin’ tired. | 我太特么累了 |
[13:57] | Marjorie would love to babysit. | 玛乔丽会很乐意来照看孩子 |
[13:59] | Well, that’s too bad. | 真遗憾 |
[14:01] | She’s made her choices and I’ve made mine. | 她做出了自己的选择 我也是 |
[14:03] | I know this is difficult to believe, | 我知道你很难相信 |
[14:05] | but the person you’re angry at doesn’t exist anymore. | 但你生气的那个人已经不存在了 |
[14:08] | And if you gave her another chance, you’d see that. | 如果你再给她一次机会 你会看到的 |
[14:10] | Yeah, she is a remarkable woman. | 是的 她是个了不起的女人 |
[14:12] | She has done so much good for so many people. | 为许多人做了很多好事 |
[14:15] | Great. She can help total strangers but not her own son. | 真棒 她能帮助陌生人 但不帮她亲儿子 |
[14:18] | Okay, buddy, you’re not ten years old anymore. | 伙计 你又不是十岁小孩了 |
[14:21] | Your mother screwed up a long time ago. | 你妈妈很早之前搞砸了 |
[14:23] | You need to let her off the hook already. | 你需要放她一马 |
[14:25] | I mean, this one put me through the wringer forever, | 她一直都让我心力交瘁 |
[14:27] | but she came around, and now we’re good. | 但她改变了想法 现在我们关系很好 |
[14:32] | I wasn’t putting her through the wringer, | 我没有让她心力交瘁 |
[14:34] | I was taking care of myself. | 我是在照顾我自己 |
[14:37] | Exactly. And-and that’s what I’m doing. | 没错 那正是我在做的事 |
[14:40] | But the point is, my daughter forgave me. | 但重点是 我女儿原谅了我 |
[14:43] | But that took time. | 但那需要时间 |
[14:45] | And you need to do what’s best for you. | 你需要做对自己来说最好的事 |
[14:47] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[14:50] | Well, I just, I have been in his position, so I can empathize. | 我只是曾经跟他处境一样 所以我能感同身受 |
[14:55] | When you’ve had a traumatizing childhood, | 当你拥有创伤的童年时 |
[14:58] | it’s hard to just let that go. | 那很难释怀 |
[15:01] | It’s really hard. | 真的很难 |
[15:02] | But it’s possible. | 但那是有可能的 |
[15:05] | That’s what we’re here to tell him, that it’s possible. | 那就是我们过来告诉他的话 那是有可能的 |
[15:08] | Of course it is. | 当然啦 |
[15:09] | We’re good now. | 我们现在和好了 |
[15:11] | And that’s because I took the space I needed. | 那是因为我有了我需要的空间 |
[15:13] | He’s had 28 years of space. | 他有了28年的空间 |
[15:15] | And for the record, I don’t think much healing went on | 我申明一下 你把我赶出你的生活时 |
[15:17] | when you shut me out of your life. | 也没经历多少治愈 |
[15:18] | – But we are good now. – So good. | -但我们现在和好了 -亲密得不得了 |
[15:21] | And I think the reason we’re so good now | 我觉得我们亲密的原因是 |
[15:23] | is that we deal with each other instead of letting our resentments fester | 我们学会了相处 而不是让怨恨加深 |
[15:25] | and bubble up at inappropriate times. | 在不恰当的时间冒泡 |
[15:28] | You can’t schedule feelings, Mom. | 你没法安排感情 妈妈 |
[15:30] | They just get here when they get here! | 感情来了就是来了 |
[15:31] | But you can choose to keep them to yourself! | 但你可以选择别告诉别人 |
[15:38] | Sorry, she’s just so activating. | 抱歉 她把我惹毛了 |
[15:46] | I’m heading out. | 我要走了 |
[15:47] | Okay. Thank you, thank you. | 好 谢啦谢啦 |
[15:51] | Look, I need to tell you something, | 我得告诉你一件事 |
[15:53] | because if I don’t, it’ll build up | 因为如果我不说 就会积累怨恨 |
[15:54] | and pretty soon when I do my birthday thing at Benihana, | 不久后 我在红花餐厅办生日派对时 |
[15:57] | you won’t be invited and you’ll be devastated | 你就不会受邀 而你会崩溃 |
[15:58] | ’cause you won’t know why. | 因为你不知道原因 |
[16:01] | That was a lot to follow. Are you mad at me? | 好复杂啊 你生我的气了吗 |
[16:06] | You and I agreed on $75 for one shelf. | 你我说好75美元做一个架子 |
[16:09] | And I love it. | 我很喜欢啊 |
[16:10] | Yeah, but in order to get to that shelf, | 是啊 但是为了做好这个架子 |
[16:12] | you made me build two other shelves. | 你让我做了另外两个架子 |
[16:13] | And a series of cabinets. | 还有一系列橱柜 |
[16:16] | So…? | 所以呢 |
[16:17] | So I want more money. | 所以我想要更多报酬 |
[16:21] | I spent more than that on materials alone, | 光是材料 我就花了更多钱 |
[16:23] | not to mention my time. | 更别提还有我付出的时间 |
[16:25] | So I think $250 sounds fair. | 我觉得250美元挺合适的 |
[16:27] | Let me get my checkbook. | 我去拿支票簿 |
[16:29] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[16:33] | – You get why I’d asked, right? – Mm-hmm. | -你知道我为什么这样要求吧 -嗯 |
[16:36] | Because it seems like you’re writing me the check to shut me up. | 因为看起来你给我开支票只是为了让我闭嘴 |
[16:39] | Isn’t that what checks are for? | 支票不就是这作用吗 |
[16:43] | No, they’re for paying people who work very hard for you. | 不 支票是给为你辛勤工作的人付工资的 |
[16:47] | I heard you, I heard you. Calm down. | 我听到了 冷静点 |
[16:49] | No, because it’s not just about me. | 不 因为这不仅跟我有关 |
[16:51] | You-you know, you haven’t given your housekeepers a raise in three years? | 你三年都没给管家加薪吗 |
[16:54] | Of course I have. | 我当然有 |
[16:56] | Nope. Not in three years. | 没有 三年里都没有 |
[16:58] | Well, how would you even know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[17:00] | Because for the last few days, | 因为过去几天里 |
[17:01] | I’ve been in the kitchen of Downton Abbey. | 我都在《唐顿庄园》的厨房里 |
[17:04] | I love that show. | 我爱那部剧 |
[17:06] | Now that’s a staff. | 那才叫员工 |
[17:08] | Belinda and Natalie are fantastic. | 贝琳达和娜塔莉很棒 |
[17:10] | And I say thank you all the time. | 我一直都说谢谢啊 |
[17:12] | Well, maybe you should start doing it with money. | 也许你该用钱表示 |
[17:15] | I mean, aren’t you the one that says | 不是你说过 |
[17:16] | you need to pay people their value? | 你需要向人们支付他们的价值吗 |
[17:18] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[17:19] | So why aren’t you? | 那你为什么不付 |
[17:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:27] | It just never occurred to me. | 我从没想到过 |
[17:31] | Oh, my God, I am an awful person. | 天啊 我是个糟糕的人 |
[17:33] | No, no, you’re a terrific person, | 不 你人很好 |
[17:36] | it’s just a little bit of a blind spot for you. | 那只是你的小盲点 |
[17:38] | And when I say “Little bit,” I mean huge. | 我说的是小 但我的意思是巨大 |
[17:40] | And when I say “Blind spot,” | 我说的是盲点 |
[17:41] | I mean gigantic character flaw. | 但我的意思是极大的性格缺陷 |
[17:45] | I mean, this is so humiliating. | 真是太丢脸了 |
[17:46] | I don’t think I can even face them now. | 我都无法面对她们了 |
[17:49] | I mean, should I just get rid of them and get new ones? | 我该不该开除她们 找一批新人啊 |
[17:51] | No. No. | 不要 不要 |
[17:53] | Look at me. No. | 看着我 不要 |
[18:02] | Oh. I was gonna watch a movie. | 我还打算看一部电影呢 |
[18:06] | Fine, I’ll study in my room. | 好吧 我去我房间学习 |
[18:09] | Oh, I don’t want to inconvenience you. | 我不想给你造成不便 |
[18:11] | You’re not. | 你没有啊 |
[18:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:19] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[18:21] | It’s called breathing. | 那叫呼吸 |
[18:24] | Is that okay or is it too “Activating” for you? | 那样可以吗 还是把你惹毛了 |
[18:30] | Keep breathing, I’ll get it. | 继续呼吸 我去开门 |
[18:37] | I just got off the phone with my son. | 我刚跟我儿子通完话 |
[18:39] | It was Christy’s idea. | 那是克丽丝蒂的主意 |
[18:41] | You’re the one who turned the car around. | 是你把车掉头的 |
[18:43] | I came to say thank you. | 我是来说谢谢的 |
[18:46] | It was my idea. | 是我的主意 |
[18:49] | Jerry decided that he wants his daughter | 杰瑞决定他想让女儿 |
[18:51] | to have a relationship with her grandma. | 跟奶奶建立感情 |
[18:54] | That’s amazing. | 太棒了 |
[18:56] | What about, what about you and Jerry? | 那你和杰瑞呢 |
[18:57] | H-He said we’re a work in progress. | 他说我们在慢慢修复感情 |
[19:01] | I don’t know what you said to him, but I’m so grateful. | 我不知道你们对他说了什么 但我很感激 |
[19:05] | To be honest, it was really more Christy than me. | 说实话 主要是克丽丝蒂的功劳 |
[19:09] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[19:10] | – You’re the one who turned the car around. – Yeah, | -是你掉头了 -是啊 |
[19:12] | but you did that whole thing where you empathized with him. | 但是你跟他共情了 |
[19:14] | I think that made the difference. | 我觉得那让他改变了想法 |
[19:16] | I don’t know. That tough love stuff | 我不知道 你说的 |
[19:18] | you were dishing out was pretty compelling. | 严厉的爱很有说服力 |
[19:21] | And that festering resentment part? | 怨恨加深那部分 |
[19:23] | It was a home run. | 简直是全垒打 |
[19:25] | Was it? I was afraid it was too much. | 是吗 我还害怕太过了 |
[19:26] | – In the moment, I was concerned… – Yeah. | -那一刻我很担心 -嗯 |
[19:28] | …but it turns out, you’re a genius. | 结果你是个天才 |
[19:31] | Wow. You two are so good now. | 你俩现在真要好 |
[19:34] | We know. | 我们知道 |
[19:37] | Hey, we did it. Ah! | 我们做到了 |
[19:39] | What? | 什么 |
[19:44] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[19:45] | Oh, you didn’t have to make me lunch. | 你没必要给我做午餐 |
[19:47] | Oh, no, no, no. | 没事啦 |
[19:48] | I have to learn how to do things for myself. | 我得学习如何自己干活 |
[19:50] | Settle down. You just sent your housekeepers on vacation. | 冷静点 你只是送你管家们去度假了 |
[19:53] | You’re not Helen Keller. | 你又不是海伦·凯勒 |
[19:55] | That’s right. Because I’m a good person | 没错 因为我是个好人 |
[19:56] | who also makes a good tuna sandwich. | 也会做好吃的金枪鱼三明治 |
[19:58] | How about you’re a great person | 不如说你是个好人 |
[19:59] | who makes a sandwich? | 也会做三明治 |
[20:03] | Would you mind getting me a refill of my iced tea? | 请给我再倒一杯冰茶好吗 |
[20:05] | Oh, sure. | 没问题 |
[20:07] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢啦谢啦 |