时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Why isn’t that lamp on? | 为什么不开台灯 |
[00:18] | I made that shade for you three sessions ago | 我三个疗程前为你做了那个灯罩 |
[00:20] | and you’ve never turned it on. | 你从没有打开过 |
[00:21] | The chemical smell coming off it | 灯罩上的化学气味 |
[00:23] | led me to do some research on papier-mâché. | 让我去查了查混凝纸 |
[00:25] | The word “Flammable” Kept coming up. | “易燃”这个词不断出现 |
[00:29] | Flammable, inflammable. | 易燃 可燃 |
[00:31] | I can never get it straight. Which one are kid’s pajamas? | 我永远分不清 哪个词是儿童睡衣来着 |
[00:34] | The point is, thin smelly paper and heat | 重点是 气味浓重的薄纸 |
[00:37] | are not two things I want to put together. | 不应该和高温组合在一起 |
[00:40] | Look, I have a spare room. | 听着 我有个空房间 |
[00:41] | I’ve got to do something productive with it. | 我必须做点有建设性的事 |
[00:43] | Doesn’t have to be papier-mâché. | 不一定非得是混凝纸 |
[00:45] | It could be something more game-changing, | 可以是更颠覆性的东西 |
[00:47] | like, I don’t know, driftwood furniture. | 我不知道 也许是浮木家具 |
[00:48] | I like it. Repurposing. | 我喜欢 再利用 |
[00:50] | When Christy was little, “Repurposing” | 在克丽丝蒂小时候 “再利用” |
[00:52] | was just a fancy word for survival. | 不过是生存的花哨说法 |
[00:54] | You find a TV set on the side of the road, | 你在路边捡到一台电视 |
[00:56] | you break out the glass and turn it into puppet theater. | 打碎屏幕 改造成木偶剧院 |
[00:58] | Inventive. | 有创意 |
[00:59] | Until it gets stolen, then you’re stuck | 直到电视被偷 你只剩下 |
[01:01] | with two potatoes that have wigs. | 两块戴假发的土豆 |
[01:04] | Uh, by the way, how’s Christy doing? | 顺便问问 克丽丝蒂怎么样了 |
[01:06] | She’s great. Did you know how big driftwood furniture was | 她很好 你知道在60年代 |
[01:09] | in the ’60s? | 浮木家具有多火吗 |
[01:10] | I think it’s time for a comeback, | 我觉得是时候复古了 |
[01:12] | like civil disobedience and feathered hair. | 比如非暴力反抗和羽毛发型 |
[01:14] | You have no idea how great I looked with feathered hair. | 你根本不知道我留羽毛发型有多美 |
[01:19] | I have another client whose daughter went away to college. | 我还有一个女儿去上大学了的病人 |
[01:22] | It’s a big life change. | 这是一个重大的人生改变 |
[01:24] | It’s hard to concentrate on what you’re saying, | 我很难集中精力听你说话 |
[01:26] | what with it being so dark in here. | 因为这里太暗了 |
[01:29] | Fine, I’ll turn it on. | 好吧 我打开 |
[01:37] | Maybe I was wrong. | 也许我错了 |
[01:39] | Really gives the room a nice, warm glow. | 确实给房间增添了温馨的光彩 |
[01:50] | Say what you will, but that was frickin’ cool. | 随便你怎么说 但这太酷了 |
[02:18] | How many dating sites are you on? | 你注册了多少相亲网站 |
[02:20] | All of them, including Farmers Only. | 所有的 包括农民相亲网 |
[02:22] | I can get a whole lot of house in Iowa. | 我可能在爱荷华州得到很多房子 |
[02:24] | You have a whole lot of house here. | 你在这里有很多房子 |
[02:25] | Yeah, but it doesn’t have a sexy farmer in it. | 是的 但是里面没有性感的农民 |
[02:27] | I don’t know. I have a bone to pick with farmers. | 我不知道 我对农民很不满 |
[02:30] | Why should the whole world have to change their clocks twice a year | 全世界凭什么一年改两次时令 |
[02:32] | just because they don’t want to work in the dark? | 就因为他们不想在黑暗中劳作 |
[02:33] | Bring a flashlight. | 带上手电筒啊 |
[02:35] | Jill, I think it’s great you’re trying to be proactive, | 吉尔 我觉得你能主动出击是好事 |
[02:39] | but you and Andy just broke up. | 但你和安迪刚分手 |
[02:41] | It’s okay to be sad. | 难过也是常情 |
[02:42] | Nope. I’m skipping over the “Sweatpants, | 不 我要跳过”运动裤 |
[02:44] | “Pint of ice cream, head under the water in the tub a little too long” Stage. | 一品脱冰淇淋 把头埋在浴缸里太久”阶段 |
[02:49] | Hey, what about that guy Dave who shared at the meeting today? | 今天在互助会上分享的戴夫怎么样 |
[02:51] | Dave is two days sober. He’s still got more meth | 戴夫才戒瘾了两天 他体内的冰毒 |
[02:53] | in his system than a rodeo clown. | 比斗牛小丑还多 |
[02:56] | Yeah, what I’m hearing is he can stay up all night | 我所听到的是他能一晚不睡 |
[02:57] | and has laser focus. | 而且专注力超强 |
[03:00] | Geez Louise, has it been 20 minutes already? | 天啊 已经20分钟了吗 |
[03:03] | We need to feed the parking meter. | 我们要给停车记时器付费了 |
[03:04] | You know, if you put more than 25 cents in at a time, you… | 如果你一次付超过25美分… |
[03:06] | Don’t start with me, Tammy. | 别提了 塔米 |
[03:08] | Here, we should use these nickels. | 给 我们用这些五分币吧 |
[03:10] | I’m going to the ladies’. | 我去上厕所 |
[03:12] | Oh, my God, she drives me insane. | 天啊 她要逼疯我了 |
[03:14] | I picked up on the whole “We” Means “You” Thing. | 我听懂了”我们”指的是”你” |
[03:16] | You don’t even know the half of it. | 你压根不知道有多严重 |
[03:18] | I mean, you guys get to see wise, patient Marjorie. | 你们看到的是聪明耐心版玛乔丽 |
[03:20] | I live with her. I see Marjorie raw and uncut. | 我和她住在一起 我看到的是未删减版玛乔丽 |
[03:23] | She lashes out if things aren’t done her way. | 如果不按她的方式来 她就会发火 |
[03:25] | She hovers around me going, “No, no, no. No, no, no.” | 她围着我说”不不不 不不不” |
[03:28] | All I can think of is what those “No, no, no’s” | 我满脑子都在想把她闷在枕头底下 |
[03:30] | Would sound like under a pillow. | 她会怎么说”不不不” |
[03:32] | No, no, no. That’s not how you smother. | 不不不 这种闷法不对 |
[03:35] | No… | 不… |
[03:41] | Why don’t you just stand your ground? | 你为什么不坚持己见呢 |
[03:42] | ‘Cause I’m more comfortable seething with resentment. | 因为我更喜欢把怨恨埋在心中 |
[03:46] | On my way, boss. I hate my life. | 这就去办 老大 我恨我的人生 |
[03:52] | So I’m thinking I put my driftwood bin here, | 我打算把浮木箱放在这里 |
[03:56] | my table saw here. | 台锯放在这里 |
[03:58] | Oh, by the way, we’re gonna need to go to the beach this weekend. | 顺便说句 我们这周末要去趟海滩 |
[04:01] | No place my wheelchair loves more than the beach. | 我的轮椅最喜欢去海滩了 |
[04:05] | So you’re locked in on driftwood? | 所以你迷上浮木了吗 |
[04:07] | I just said I had a driftwood bin. | 我刚说我搞了个浮木箱 |
[04:09] | Yes, I’m locked in on it. | 我当然迷上了 |
[04:11] | God, see, this is what it was like for the masters. | 天啊 大师都有这种感觉 |
[04:13] | Michelangelo’s husband sat there eating a grape going, | 米开朗基罗的老公坐在那里吃着葡萄说 |
[04:16] | “I don’t get it, why paint on the ceilings?” | “俺不明白 为什么要在屋顶上画画” |
[04:21] | Little hard to keep up. | 有点难跟上你 |
[04:22] | Yesterday you were looking at kilns. | 昨天你还在看窑炉呢 |
[04:24] | This conversation is over. | 这段对话结束了 |
[04:28] | How do you stay so cool? | 你怎么能这么淡定 |
[04:30] | ‘Cause I know it’s not about me. | 因为我知道这与我无关 |
[04:32] | She’s yelling at you. Isn’t that about you? | 她在吼你 这还与你无关吗 |
[04:34] | I used to think that, and then I saw her yelling | 我以前是这么想的 但之后我看到 |
[04:36] | at a hat blowing down the street. | 她在吼被风吹到街上的帽子 |
[04:39] | Was it a fedora? Because a lot of us were lied to | 是软呢帽吗 因为我们很多人都被骗了 |
[04:41] | about how fashionable those were. | 误以为那玩意儿很时尚 |
[04:43] | I’m angry, too. | 我也很生气 |
[04:45] | No, the point is it’s not personal. | 不 重点是她不是针对我 |
[04:47] | I just wish I could be that zen with Marjorie. | 我希望我对玛乔丽也能这么淡定 |
[04:49] | She’s never satisfied no matter how hard I try. | 不管我多努力 她永远都不满意 |
[04:52] | She has 24 different sighs to convey disappointment. | 她有24种表达失望的叹气声 |
[04:56] | She can even close the fridge in a way that says, | 就连她关冰箱的方式都好像在说 |
[04:57] | “You’ve let me down.” | “你让我失望了” |
[05:00] | You know, all those sentences started with “She.” | 所有这些句子都以”她”开头 |
[05:02] | Because she’s the problem. | 因为她是问题所在 |
[05:04] | Hey, I get it. It took me a long time | 我懂 我花了很长时间 |
[05:06] | to learn how to live with Bonnie. | 才学会如何与邦妮生活 |
[05:08] | But I started going to Al-Anon meetings | 但我去家庭互助会后 |
[05:09] | and that really helped me with this whole | 才真的学会了 |
[05:11] | “Living with a lunatic” Stuff. | 如何与疯子一起生活 |
[05:13] | I don’t think I’m allowed to go to those meetings | 我恐怕不能参加那种互助会 |
[05:14] | because I’m an alcoholic. | 因为我是个酒瘾者 |
[05:16] | Oh, we have plenty of alcoholics there. | 我们那里有很多酒瘾者 |
[05:17] | We call you double winners. | 我们称你们为双冠王 |
[05:19] | – Double winners? – Yeah. | -双冠王 -对 |
[05:20] | I like it already. | 我已经喜欢上了 |
[05:27] | No offense, | 无意冒犯 |
[05:28] | but I think this wood drifted out to sea for a reason. | 但我认为这块木头被扔到海里是有原因的 |
[05:32] | You know, if you’re gonna complain, | 如果你要抱怨 |
[05:33] | I’m not gonna make you one for Christmas. | 我圣诞节就不给你做了 |
[05:38] | Hey, how you doing? | 你好吗 |
[05:41] | You see her, too, right? | 你也能看到她吧 |
[05:47] | Oh, uh, wow. Look at that. | 天啊 瞧瞧 |
[05:49] | Gorgeous, right? | 很美 对吧 |
[05:50] | It certainly is a unique shape. | 造型确实挺别致 |
[05:52] | It’s like someone spilled something | 就像有人洒了东西 |
[05:54] | and that spill hardened into a table. | 洒的东西成精变成了桌子 |
[05:58] | Are you bringing it just to show me? | 你只是带过来让我开开眼吗 |
[06:01] | Well, it’s not going back in my car. | 这东西不能再放回我车上了 |
[06:04] | Oh, hi. It’s Jill, right? | 你是吉尔吧 |
[06:07] | Aren’t you sweet to remember? | 你真好 还记得我 |
[06:09] | – How have you been? – Getting heavy. | -你还好吗 -越来越沉了 |
[06:11] | Oh, uh, let me help you with that. | 我来帮你 |
[06:16] | Well, would you look at that? | 快看看 |
[06:18] | Chivalry is not dead. | 骑士精神还没死 |
[06:20] | No, but something in this table sure smells like it is. | 是啊 但这桌子闻起来有股死动物味 |
[06:23] | That could be a sand crab. | 可能是沙蟹 |
[06:24] | I probably should’ve let the wood dry out. | 我应该先晾干木头 |
[06:26] | Where do you want it? Here? Good. | 你想放在哪里 这里吗 好 |
[06:29] | This is lovely. | 这地方真不错 |
[06:32] | Big upgrade since the last time I was here. | 自我上次来后变化很大 |
[06:34] | Oh, yeah, no lawn chairs, it’s not dark | 对 没有草坪躺椅了 不阴暗了 |
[06:37] | and there’s a plant in the corner instead of me weeping. | 而且在角落的是一株植物 而不是哭泣的我 |
[06:40] | Oh, hush that fuss. | 别乱说 |
[06:41] | It’s nice to see a man’s sensitive side. | 看到男人的敏感一面挺好的 |
[06:45] | Okay, Scarlett. | 好了 斯嘉丽 |
[06:46] | Cutting in on my healing time. | 占用我的咨询时间了 |
[06:49] | Yeah, I should get going back to my big old lonely house. | 对 我应该回我空荡荡的大房子了 |
[06:53] | Uh, let me show you to the door. | 我来告诉你门在哪 |
[06:55] | It’s the door-shaped hole with the door attached to it right behind me. | 就是我身后的门框里装着 |
[07:02] | That room is just brimming with potential, | 那个房间充满了潜力 |
[07:04] | but Adam doesn’t see it. | 但亚当看不到 |
[07:05] | He’s just not capable of supporting my dreams. | 他没有能力支持我的梦想 |
[07:08] | Well, your dreams have been quite the moving target. | 你的梦想最近摇摆不定 |
[07:11] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[07:12] | Well, let me see. | 让我看看 |
[07:14] | Um, I don’t have them all, but, uh, florist. | 我没全记下来 但是 卖花人 |
[07:18] | Cobbler. | 补鞋匠 |
[07:20] | Cartoon voice-over actor. | 动画声优 |
[07:23] | Mayor. | 市长 |
[07:25] | Excuse me, y-you’ve been writing down what I say? | 不好意思 你记下了我说的话吗 |
[07:28] | Yeah. What do you think I’ve been doing? | 对 不然你以为我在写什么 |
[07:29] | Grocery list, drawing penises. I don’t know. | 购物清单 画小鸡鸡 我不知道 |
[07:33] | How about we step back and examine | 我们何不退一步 审视一下 |
[07:35] | your recent entrepreneurial impulses? | 你最近的创业冲动 |
[07:38] | And where they come from. | 动机是什么 |
[07:39] | You mean like you stepped back to ogle my friend Jill? | 你是说你退一步 去勾引我朋友吉尔吗 |
[07:42] | What? | 什么 |
[07:43] | Oh, come on, I saw you. | 拜托 我看到你了 |
[07:44] | You practically stepped on your tongue. | 你都快咬到舌头了 |
[07:46] | That is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[07:47] | If you say so. | 随你说吧 |
[07:48] | Oh, I am, I’m freshly dating. | 我刚开始约会 |
[07:50] | I’m not ready for divorce. | 我还没准备好离婚 |
[07:52] | I-I mean… You know what I mean. | 我的意思是… 你懂我的意思 |
[07:55] | Wow, it’s like watching a coming-of-age movie. | 这就像在看一部青春成长片 |
[07:59] | Can we please get back to you and your creative pursuits? | 我们能不能说回你和你的创造性追求了 |
[08:09] | Maybe I could photograph babies. | 也许我可以给婴儿拍照 |
[08:16] | Every phone call with my mom used to be a boxing match. | 以前与我妈妈的每通电话都像一场拳击赛 |
[08:19] | So I set a boundary. | 所以我定了一个界限 |
[08:20] | I talk to her until I hear the ice in her glass, | 我和她聊天 直到我听到她杯中的冰块声 |
[08:23] | then I say, “Bye, Mom, I love you.” | 然后我说”再见 妈妈 我爱你” |
[08:26] | Detach with love. | 带着爱分开 |
[08:28] | I don’t go to bed angry, and with all my new free time, | 我不会生着气睡觉 新多出来的空闲时间 |
[08:30] | I learned to play the guitar. | 我用来学了吉他 |
[08:33] | “Detach with love.” Did she just make that up? | “带着爱分开” 这是她刚编的话吗 |
[08:35] | No, no, that’s a big one around here. | 不 这句话在这里很常用 |
[08:37] | Wow, it’s so weird to hear this side of it. | 听到这一边的感受真奇怪 |
[08:39] | I mean, technically, I have heard this side of it, | 严格来说 我听过这一边的感受 |
[08:41] | but I wasn’t exactly sober at my intervention. | 但在我的干预会上 我不太清醒 |
[08:47] | Would anyone else like to share? | 还有人想分享吗 |
[08:48] | Uh, hi, I’m Adam. | 我是亚当 |
[08:50] | Hi, Adam. | 亚当 |
[08:51] | Uh, okay, well, this won’t take long. | 好 我不会花太久 |
[08:53] | I had a great week, | 我这周过得很好 |
[08:55] | which is kind of a miracle since my wife is spinning out. | 这是个奇迹 因为我妻子失控了 |
[08:58] | Normally, I would try to stop it, | 通常来说 我会试着阻止 |
[09:00] | but that’s like trying to stop a fan with your hand. | 但这就像空手拦风扇 |
[09:03] | And then you just end up with a bloody stump. | 你的手会被绞得血肉模糊 |
[09:05] | So, I just walked away. | 所以 我只是走开了 |
[09:09] | And let me tell you, | 让我告诉你们 |
[09:10] | I win all those fights that don’t happen. | 那些没有吵的架我都吵赢了 |
[09:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:15] | Is that also something you guys say? | 这也是你们常说的话吗 |
[09:16] | No, that one I just came up with. | 不 这是我现编的 |
[09:21] | Would our, uh, newcomer like to share? | 新人愿意分享吗 |
[09:23] | Oh, sure. Uh, okay. | 当然 好的 |
[09:24] | – Hi, I’m Tammy. – Hi, Tammy. | -我是塔米 -塔米 |
[09:26] | Uh, this is my first meeting. | 这是我第一次参会 |
[09:27] | Um, I’m here because, well, I live with an alcoholic. | 我来这里是因为我和一个酒瘾者住在一起 |
[09:31] | I also am an alcoholic, | 我也是个酒瘾者 |
[09:33] | so from all of us to all of you, sorry. | 所以我代表我们对你们说 对不起 |
[09:43] | Oh, no, no, no. That’s the coffee urn. | 不不不 那是烧咖啡壶 |
[09:45] | We use the other one for hot water. | 我们用另一个壶烧水 |
[09:47] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[09:49] | “What’s the difference?” | “有什么区别” |
[09:54] | What? | 又怎么了 |
[09:56] | You could’ve saved the water. | 那些水可以留着的 |
[10:01] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[10:02] | I love you, and I think you got this. | 我爱你 我觉得你一个人能行 |
[10:08] | God, that feels good. | 天啊 感觉太爽了 |
[10:09] | – What? – I just Al-Anon’d the crap out of Marjorie. | -怎么了 -我刚对玛乔丽用了家庭互助大法 |
[10:12] | Oh, right. You went to Adam’s meeting. | 对哦 你参加了亚当的互助会 |
[10:14] | So what did he say about me? | 他怎么说我的 |
[10:15] | You know I can’t tell you that. | 你知道我不能透露的 |
[10:17] | Thought if I asked it real fast, | 我以为如果我问得够快 |
[10:17] | you could make it happen. | 你会说漏嘴的 |
[10:21] | I did another lap around the room. | 我又在房间里转了一圈 |
[10:23] | None of the guys got better looking. | 没一个男人变帅了 |
[10:25] | One even got worse. | 有一个甚至变丑了 |
[10:26] | You’re cruising an 11:00 A.M. Meeting on a Wednesday. | 你看的可是周三上午11点的互助会 |
[10:29] | What about Harry? | 哈里怎么样 |
[10:31] | He gave up corn and his eczema went away. | 他戒了玉米 湿疹消失了 |
[10:32] | You know what didn’t go away? | 你知道什么没消失吗 |
[10:34] | Complaining about his eczema. | 他喋喋不休抱怨他的湿疹 |
[10:35] | We get it, Harry. Move on. | 我们知道了 哈里 翻篇吧 |
[10:37] | Bonnie, I was thinking, would you mind if I… | 邦妮 我在想 你介不介意… |
[10:39] | Trevor’s off-limits. | 特雷弗没得商量 |
[10:42] | But that’s not what– | 但那不是 |
[10:43] | I-I mean, I wasn’t even… | 我甚至都没有 |
[10:45] | Why? | 为什么不行 |
[10:48] | Because he’s my therapist. | 因为他是我的心理医生 |
[10:49] | I like to think he folds up at the end of the day | 我喜欢认为他在一天结束时折叠起来 |
[10:52] | and goes in the cupboard. | 进入碗柜里待着 |
[10:53] | That’s true. Therapists and magicians | 真的 心理医生和魔术师 |
[10:55] | should not have sex lives. | 不该有性生活 |
[10:57] | What about me? I need one. | 那我怎么办 我需要啊 |
[10:59] | I’d rather you date the twitchy meth head. | 我情愿你和焦躁不安的冰毒男约会 |
[11:01] | Oh, he’s got a girlfriend. I checked. | 他有女友了 我问过了 |
[11:06] | Here’s the thing. The minute I decide | 是这样的 一旦我决定我要在 |
[11:08] | what I’m gonna be doing in that room, I’m in a box. | 那间屋子里做什么 我就被关在一个盒子里了 |
[11:10] | And then, for the rest of my life, | 然后 我这辈子都是 |
[11:11] | I’m the hot palm reader in the upstairs bedroom. | 在楼上卧室里看手相的性感女人 |
[11:14] | Oh, you’re gonna be a psychic? | 你要当灵媒吗 |
[11:15] | Great, you just put me in a box. | 真棒 你刚把我关进了盒子里 |
[11:17] | And I knew you were gonna do it. | 我就知道你会这样做 |
[11:20] | Perhaps your reluctance to choose a course of action | 也许你不愿意选择行动路线 |
[11:24] | might be tied to the room itself. | 这跟房间本身有关 |
[11:26] | I know. There’s a weird energy in there. | 我知道 房间里有股奇怪的能量 |
[11:28] | I think it might be haunted. | 我觉得可能是闹鬼 |
[11:30] | Or perhaps… | 也可能是因为 |
[11:32] | someone you cared about deeply used to live in it. | 你非常关心的人曾经住在那里 |
[11:34] | I don’t know who rented it before me. | 我不知道在我之前谁租过这房子 |
[11:38] | As I recall, they left an ashtray. | 我记得他们留下了一个烟灰缸 |
[11:40] | God, don’t you miss smoking? | 你也怀念抽烟吧 |
[11:42] | Oh, I smoke. | 我现在也抽 |
[11:43] | You lucky bastard. | 你太幸运了 |
[11:45] | Describe your last cigarette in detail. | 详细描述一下最近一次抽烟 |
[11:48] | But before, I was referring to Christy. | 我刚才说的是克丽丝蒂 |
[11:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:52] | Because I was trying to make you see | 因为我想让你意识到 |
[11:53] | that maybe you don’t want to change the room | 也许你不想改造卧室 |
[11:55] | because, as long as it stays the same, | 是因为只要它保持原状 |
[11:57] | then you can still believe | 那你就能相信 |
[11:58] | that Christy might be coming back to it. | 克丽丝蒂也许还会回来 |
[12:01] | And altering it means you might have to accept the fact | 改造房间意味着你也许得接受 |
[12:04] | that she might be gone for good. | 她会永远离开这一事实 |
[12:07] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[12:08] | Humor me. | 这样吧 |
[12:09] | How about I give you a homework assignment? | 我给你留个家庭作业怎么样 |
[12:11] | Ugh. Go on. | 呕 继续说 |
[12:14] | Before you worry about what’s going in, | 你先别操心要放什么东西进去 |
[12:17] | how about you worry about packing up what’s going out? | 先想想要打包什么东西出去怎么样 |
[12:24] | Did you wear cologne ’cause you thought | 你喷古龙香水是因为你觉得 |
[12:25] | you’d see my friend Jill today? | 今天能见到我朋友吉尔吗 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry, we’re out of time. | 抱歉 时间到了 |
[12:33] | Can we get these groceries put away? | 我们能把这些杂货收拾好吗 |
[12:35] | Marjorie, I love you, but I’m good. | 玛乔丽 我爱你 但是我没意见 |
[12:38] | I didn’t ask if you were good. | 我没问你有没有意见 |
[12:39] | I just want to get the salmon into the fridge | 我只想把三文鱼放进冰箱 |
[12:41] | before the cats catch on. | 免得被猫吃了 |
[12:43] | I love you. You got this. | 我爱你 你一个人能行 |
[12:46] | We don’t leave an eggy plate in the sink without rinsing it. | 我们不把没冲洗的蛋盘放在水槽里 |
[12:50] | I do. But I say that with much affection. | 我会 但我是带着爱意说这话的 |
[12:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:58] | Time to chat. | 该聊聊了 |
[13:00] | All of a sudden, | 突然 |
[13:01] | you have been very cold, | 你变得非常冷漠 |
[13:04] | very distant, very… | 非常疏远 非常 |
[13:06] | Detached with love? | 带着爱分开 |
[13:08] | Just because you’ve said “I love you” a thousand times | 就算你说了一千次我爱你 |
[13:10] | doesn’t mean it’s been loving. | 也不代表这是爱 |
[13:12] | Well, I’ve been going to Al-Anon and learning about boundaries. | 我最近参加了家庭互助会 了解了什么是界限 |
[13:14] | I’m familiar with that program, | 我了解那个项目 |
[13:16] | and you’re not doing it right. | 你做得不对 |
[13:19] | See? Always correcting me. | 瞧 你总是在纠正我 |
[13:21] | And I’m always pretzeling myself to please you. | 我总是在委屈自己取悦你 |
[13:24] | I’ve never even told you I hate salmon. | 我甚至从未告诉过你 我讨厌三文鱼 |
[13:26] | Weight lifted. | 真是松了口气 |
[13:28] | I don’t think you realize how hard you are to live with. | 我觉得你没意识到跟你一起住有多难 |
[13:30] | You have so many rules. | 你有好多规矩 |
[13:32] | Well, it is my house. | 这的确是我家 |
[13:33] | Yes, but it happens at the bistro, it happens at meetings, | 是的 但在咖啡馆也有 在互助会也有 |
[13:36] | it happened in the dressing room at Marshalls. | 在马歇尔百货的更衣室里也有 |
[13:38] | I can put my own shirt on! | 我自己能穿上衬衫 |
[13:40] | It was a turtleneck, Tammy. | 那是高领衬衫 塔米 |
[13:41] | They’re tricky. | 很难穿的 |
[13:45] | I didn’t realize you were so unhappy. | 我不知道你这么不高兴 |
[13:47] | Ah. I was unhappy, | 我以前是不高兴 |
[13:49] | but now I win every discussion I don’t have. | 但现在 没有吵的架我都吵赢了 |
[13:53] | – What? – Something we say. You wouldn’t get it. | -什么 -家庭互助会常说的话 你不懂 |
[13:55] | By the way, the cats are going to town on the salmon. | 顺便说句 猫要吃三文鱼了 |
[13:58] | No, no, no! No, no, no! | 不不不 |
[14:02] | Where do you want to start? | 你想从哪里开始 |
[14:03] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[14:05] | This is Trevor’s lame assignment. | 这是特雷弗的糟糕作业 |
[14:07] | Okay, well, why don’t we tackle the closet first? | 好吧 先从衣柜开始怎么样 |
[14:09] | Oh, good idea. | 好主意 |
[14:13] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[14:14] | Christy could’ve packed this up a little. | 克丽丝蒂可以收拾一下的 |
[14:17] | Look at all these tiny hoodies. | 瞧瞧这些小小的帽衫 |
[14:19] | You’d think I have a ten-year-old son. | 像是我有个十岁儿子似的 |
[14:21] | She probably left stuff here for when she visits. | 她可能把回家时要用的东西放在这里了 |
[14:22] | Oh, like that’s gonna happen. | 像是她会回来一样 |
[14:24] | Of course it is. | 她当然会 |
[14:25] | No, she used to call me every day. | 不 她以前每天都给我打电话 |
[14:26] | Now I’m lucky if she calls me once a week. | 现在她每周给我打一次电话都算我走运了 |
[14:28] | – She’s busy. – Yeah, not too busy | -她很忙的 -跟一个男人 |
[14:30] | to have two dates with a guy. | 约会两次就不忙了 |
[14:32] | Too busy to tell me. I had to hear about it from Wendy. | 她太忙了 没时间告诉我 我还是听温蒂说的 |
[14:34] | Oh, you mean Bennett. | 你是说贝内特 |
[14:35] | Bennett?! | 贝内特 |
[14:37] | His name is Bennett? | 他叫贝内特吗 |
[14:39] | Bet he wears boat shoes. | 他肯定穿帆船鞋 |
[14:41] | Bonnie! | 邦妮 |
[14:42] | What? By the time she’s done with school, | 怎么了 等她大学毕业 |
[14:43] | she’ll be too fancy for these clothes | 这些衣服就配不上高贵的她了 |
[14:45] | and too fancy for me! | 对我来说又太高贵了 |
[14:47] | Those just as easily could’ve gone in the boxes. | 你可以把衣服扔进箱子里的 |
[14:49] | Yeah. You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[14:50] | Oh, she’s not gonna need this. | 她不需要这个 |
[14:52] | She’s not gonna need this. | 也不需要这个 |
[14:54] | A picture of me she obviously didn’t want. | 我的照片 显然她不想要 |
[14:56] | Oh, look, the earrings I gave her which she said she loved | 瞧瞧 我送她的耳环 她说她喜欢 |
[14:58] | but I guess not enough to take to law school. | 但我想没喜欢到带去法学院的程度 |
[15:00] | Okay, Bon, come here and sit down. | 好了 邦 过来坐下 |
[15:02] | What, on the bed Christy’s never gonna sleep in again? | 坐在克丽丝蒂永远不会睡的床上吗 |
[15:04] | Not gonna need this anymore! | 这个也不需要了 |
[15:10] | What’s going on up there?! | 楼上怎么回事 |
[15:11] | Don’t worry! My therapist told me to do this! | 别担心 我的心理医生让我这样做 |
[15:20] | – What’s happening? – I have no idea. | -怎么回事 -我不知道 |
[15:21] | One minute, we’re boxing up clothes, | 前一分钟我们还在打包衣服 |
[15:23] | – the next, she’s freaking out. – Why? | -接着她就疯了 -为什么 |
[15:25] | Christy has too many sweatshirts | 克丽丝蒂有太多运动衫了 |
[15:26] | and she’s never coming home. | 还有她再也不回家了 |
[15:28] | That’s crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[15:29] | Agreed. Let’s bail and hit a meeting. | 同意 咱们溜吧 赶紧去开会 |
[15:31] | No, I’m not gonna bail on my wife. | 不 我不会抛弃我妻子 |
[15:33] | But this isn’t about you. Don’t get sucked in. | 但这事跟你无关 别被卷入其中了 |
[15:35] | Bloody stumps! | 被绞得血肉模糊 |
[15:37] | Tammy, you can have boundaries and still help people. | 塔米 你可以有界限 同时帮助别人 |
[15:39] | Bonnie! Can you come down so we can talk? | 邦妮 你能下来吗 我们谈谈 |
[15:43] | No! | 不 |
[15:44] | You tried. Let’s go. | 你试过了 我们走吧 |
[15:47] | Oh, it’s gone quiet. That’s not good. | 变安静了 这可不妙 |
[15:50] | All right, I’m gonna need your help to get up the stairs. | 我需要你帮我上楼梯 |
[15:53] | Piggyback or cradle you like a baby? | 我是背你 还是像抱婴儿一样抱你 |
[15:56] | I can handle myself. | 我自己可以上楼 |
[15:57] | I just need you to carry my chair. | 我只是需要你帮我搬轮椅 |
[15:58] | Oh, right. God, I’m always offering too much. | 好吧 天啊 我总是太热心 |
[16:10] | Bonnie? | 邦妮 |
[16:11] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[16:16] | What are you doing up here? | 你上来干什么 |
[16:18] | I came to check on you. | 我来看看你 |
[16:20] | Seems like you’re… having a hard time. | 似乎你很难受 |
[16:23] | Or maybe it always looks like this. | 或者这里一直是这样 |
[16:24] | I don’t know. I’ve never seen it. | 我不知道 我没见过 |
[16:27] | It’s usually a little neater. | 一般情况下更整洁一些 |
[16:29] | So, what are you doing in the closet? | 你在衣柜里干什么 |
[16:32] | Or do you hang out there? | 还是你经常待在里面 |
[16:33] | I don’t know. Again, first time up here. | 我不知道 再说一次 这是我第一次上来 |
[16:37] | My daughter abandoned me. | 我女儿抛弃了我 |
[16:38] | – Aw, honey. – It’s true. | -亲爱的 -是真的 |
[16:41] | I haven’t wanted to face it, but it’s true. | 我一直不想面对 但这是真的 |
[16:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:47] | Trevor was right. | 特雷弗是对的 |
[16:49] | The reason I couldn’t figure out what to do with this room | 我不知道该拿这间卧室怎么办 |
[16:51] | was because I… | 是因为我 |
[16:52] | I didn’t want to accept that Christy’s not coming back. | 我不想接受克丽丝蒂不再回来的事实 |
[16:56] | I guess I just was hoping | 我想我只是希望 |
[16:58] | she’d realize she wasn’t cut out for the winter and come home. | 她会意识到自己不适合在那边过冬 然后回家 |
[17:01] | But… | 但是 |
[17:04] | she’s got a good coat. | 她有一件厚外套 |
[17:07] | She’s thriving without me, so… | 没有我 她也过得很好 所以 |
[17:09] | Babe, did you ever think that maybe she’s thriving | 亲爱的 你有没有想过 也许就是因为有你 |
[17:11] | because of you? | 她才过得很好 |
[17:13] | That’s dumb. | 那真蠢 |
[17:16] | Did you know she’s dating someone? | 你知道她在跟人约会吗 |
[17:18] | You mean Bennett? | 你是说贝内特吗 |
[17:21] | Christy’s not gone forever. | 克丽丝蒂不会一去不回的 |
[17:23] | And you’ve been so strong. | 你一直很坚强 |
[17:24] | I’m not surprised it’s hitting you. | 我一点也不惊讶你会突然崩溃 |
[17:27] | I have been strong. | 我是一直很坚强 |
[17:28] | Well, let me be strong tonight | 今晚我来做坚强的人 |
[17:30] | and you just let it out. | 你好好发泄吧 |
[17:35] | Am I crazy or could we fit a Ping-Pong table in here? | 是我疯了 还是这里能放一张乒乓球桌 |
[17:47] | You want some help with that? | 想要我帮忙吗 |
[17:49] | Is that a trick question? | 这问题带陷阱吗 |
[17:51] | No. | 不带 |
[17:55] | Listen, I’ve been trying out some new habits, | 我最近在尝试一些新习惯 |
[17:57] | and I haven’t quite got the hang of it. | 我还没有完全掌握诀窍 |
[18:00] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:02] | Well, | 好吧 |
[18:04] | I have some old habits that have crept back in, | 我又重新染上了一些老习惯 |
[18:07] | and I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[18:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:10] | No, sincerely. I’m not doing the thing. | 我是真心的 不是在用话术 |
[18:11] | But now it sounds fake. Forget it. | 但现在听起来就很假了 算了 |
[18:14] | No, no, no. I… | 不不 我 |
[18:17] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[18:37] | Bonnie’s not here. | 邦妮不在 |
[18:38] | Oh, I didn’t come to see Bonnie, I came to see you. | 我不是来找邦妮的 是来找你的 |
[18:41] | As a patient? | 来咨询吗 |
[18:43] | No, I already have a therapist. | 不是 我已经有心理医生了 |
[18:44] | His name is Ted. He’s my personal shopper at Neiman’s. | 他叫泰德 是我在尼曼百货的私人采购 |
[18:48] | I came bearing gifts. | 我带了礼物 |
[18:51] | Wow, this is nice. | 真不错 |
[18:52] | I made it. | 我自己做的 |
[18:53] | I’m a little crafty, too. | 我也有些手艺 |
[18:55] | Oh, a lot crafty. | 手艺很不错嘛 |
[18:57] | Last time I was here, I noticed you had a naked tissue box. | 上次我过来时 注意到你的纸巾盒没有装饰 |
[19:00] | I’m comfortable with all things naked, but | 我对光光的东西没意见 但是 |
[19:03] | in your line of work, | 你是干这行的 |
[19:04] | I thought it might be nice to spruce it up a bit. | 我觉得装饰一下会更好 |
[19:07] | Thank you, Jill. | 谢谢你 吉尔 |
[19:08] | Now every time somebody has a nervous breakdown, | 现在每次有人精神崩溃哭泣时 |
[19:10] | you’ll think of me. | 你就会想到我了 |
[19:12] | I will. | 我会的 |
[19:15] | Oh. Um, unfortunately, I’m expecting a client. | 不好意思 我在等客户 |
[19:20] | Oh. No worries. | 没事 |
[19:22] | I got to go anyway. | 反正我也得走了 |
[19:23] | I’m parked next to a karate studio. | 我把车停在了空手道道馆旁边 |
[19:27] | See you round. | 回头见 |
[19:30] | See ya. | 再见 |
[19:36] | All things naked? | 光光的东西 |
[19:47] | Perfect fit. Hmm. | 刚好合适 |