时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[00:05] | No, I speak at meetings all the time. | 不 我经常在互助会上发言 |
[00:07] | You “Share” at meetings. | 你在互助会上”分享”过 |
[00:08] | You’ve never been one of the main speakers, | 你从来都不是主要发言人 |
[00:09] | let alone at a combo AA/Al-Anon meeting, | 更别提是在酒瘾者和家庭联合互助会上了 |
[00:12] | and you’ve never had to follow a legend. | 而且你从没有跟在传奇后面讲过 |
[00:15] | You trying to get me off my game? | 你想让我状态不佳吗 |
[00:17] | No, honey, I’m excited for you. | 不 亲爱的 我为你激动 |
[00:18] | I just know how hard it is to get up | 我只是知道上台在六十个 |
[00:20] | and pour your heart out to 60 strangers, | 陌生人面前倾诉心声有多难 |
[00:23] | some of whom are very critical. | 他们其中有些人非常挑剔 |
[00:25] | Well, so far I’ve only found one who’s critical, | 目前为止我只发现了一个挑剔的人 |
[00:26] | and she’s no stranger. | 她可不是陌生人 |
[00:29] | Why do people think I’m mean when I’m being helpful | 为什么人们总觉得我帮人时是刻薄 |
[00:31] | and helpful when I’m being mean? | 刻薄时是帮人呢 |
[00:33] | It has to do with your tone and body language. | 一定与你的语气和身体语言有关系 |
[00:39] | And their stupidity. | 还有他们的愚蠢 |
[00:43] | As a veteran of these things, | 作为这类活动的老手 |
[00:45] | I think it really helps if you have a shape. | 我觉得有个套路对你帮助很大 |
[00:47] | I like to start with a joke, | 我喜欢先用玩笑开场 |
[00:48] | get to the darkness, bring ’em to tears, | 说到黑暗的事 让他们流泪 |
[00:50] | applause, thank you, good night. | 鼓掌 谢谢 晚安 |
[00:52] | How’s this? I met you, you’re an alcoholic, | 这样说怎么样 我遇见了你 你是个酒瘾者 |
[00:54] | married you anyway, | 依然娶了你 |
[00:55] | started going to Al-Anon, the end. | 开始参加酒瘾者家庭互助会 结束了 |
[00:57] | Well, putting me front and center’s not a bad instinct. | 把我放在正中心不是个坏直觉 |
[01:01] | I really appreciate your expertise. | 我非常感谢你的专业经验 |
[01:03] | I just find it’s better for me if I’m spontaneous. | 我只是觉得即兴对我更好一些 |
[01:06] | Ah. Like jazz. | 就像爵士 |
[01:10] | Very hit-and-miss. | 非常靠运气 |
[01:12] | You know, when it hits, it’s great. | 走运了 很好听 |
[01:13] | Though you can never dance to it. | 但你永远不能随着它跳舞 |
[01:15] | Maybe sex, but it’s gonna be messy. | 也许能做爱 但会一团糟 |
[01:17] | Messy is the best kind of sex. | 一团糟是最好的性爱 |
[01:19] | That’s true. | 这是真的 |
[01:21] | You should put that in your share. | 你应该在分享中说这个 |
[01:22] | We are really gonna help people tonight. | 我们今晚真会帮到人的 |
[01:28] | We’re so excited you both agreed to speak. | 我们很高兴你俩同意讲话 |
[01:30] | You know, we’ve had mother-daughter, | 我们有过母女 |
[01:32] | uh, siblings, | 兄弟姐妹 |
[01:33] | but we haven’t had a married couple in a while. | 但我们很久没有已婚夫妇了 |
[01:35] | Talk about a profile in courage. | 真是无所畏惧啊 |
[01:37] | – We are pretty amazing. – Thanks. | -我们很优秀啦 -谢谢 |
[01:39] | – Stay calm. – I’m calm. | -淡定 -我很淡定 |
[01:40] | Adam, I’m on your side. | 亚当 我站在你这边 |
[01:42] | Now there are sides? | 还分边吗 |
[01:45] | This’ll be fun. | 这会很有趣的 |
[01:50] | There’s no oat milk for my coffee? | 没有燕麦奶配咖啡吗 |
[01:52] | The one last thing I’m allowed, ruined. | 我最后的快乐被剥夺了 |
[01:55] | There’s almond, skim and half-and-half. | 有杏仁 脱脂 混合奶油 |
[01:57] | Yes, but no oat. | 对 但没有燕麦 |
[01:59] | The gentlest of the milks. | 最柔和的奶 |
[02:02] | God, you are such a diva. | 天啊 你真是个戏精 |
[02:04] | Been called worse by better. | 我被更好的女人骂过更差的词 |
[02:08] | The guy OD’d on heroin, | 那家伙吸食海洛因过量 |
[02:10] | but he can’t handle regular milk? | 但却受不了全脂牛奶吗 |
[02:14] | Don’t even bother with the coffee. | 别费劲去喝咖啡了 |
[02:16] | There’s nothing acceptable to dress it with. | 没有任何能接受的配料 |
[02:18] | Rod, this is my husband Adam. | 罗德 这是我丈夫亚当 |
[02:20] | Adam, this is my sponsee Rod. | 亚当 这是我的互助对象罗德 |
[02:22] | Now, I don’t want you two bucks to start tangling antlers. | 我不希望你们两个大老爷们顶牛 |
[02:31] | Oh, my God, ask each other something. | 天啊 随便问点对方什么 |
[02:33] | Uh, got any oat milk? | 你有燕麦奶吗 |
[02:35] | Uh, not now. Or ever. | 现在没有 一直没有 |
[02:38] | What’s your go-to milk? | 你喜欢什么奶 |
[02:40] | Milk. | 奶 |
[02:42] | Why don’t you talk about something | 你们为什么不谈谈 |
[02:44] | that’s important to both of you, | 对你俩很重要的事 |
[02:45] | like, for example, me? | 比如说 我 |
[02:47] | Your wife’s been an enormous help to me. | 你妻子对我帮助极大 |
[02:48] | I mean, I’ve been sober a long time, | 我已经戒瘾很久了 |
[02:50] | but I wasn’t truly rocking the steps | 但在邦妮出现之前 |
[02:51] | until Bonnie came along. | 我没有真的玩转步骤 |
[02:53] | Oh, stop it. I’m gonna start blushing. | 别说了 我要脸红了 |
[02:55] | Adam, your turn. | 亚当 该你说了 |
[02:57] | Oh, I’ve got a whole nice thing | 我有很多你的好话 |
[02:58] | to say about you up there. | 打算在台上说 |
[02:59] | Oh, that’s right, you’re the headliner tonight. Can’t wait. | 对了 你是今晚的主讲人 等不及了 |
[03:02] | – I’m speaking, too. – Yeah, but we’ve heard yours. | -我也会讲 -嗯 但我们听过你了 |
[03:04] | A brave little girl who turns out to be… you. | 一个勇敢的小女孩成了…你 |
[03:09] | Okay, everybody, it’s meeting time. | 好了各位 互助会开始 |
[03:10] | Let’s find a seat. | 找个座位 |
[03:16] | This is exciting. I’ve never heard Adam speak. | 真激动 我从没有听过亚当发言 |
[03:19] | Too bad we have to sit through “Sad little girl” to get there. | 很遗憾得听完”可怜的小女孩”才能听他 |
[03:22] | It’s “Brave little girl,” | 是”勇敢的小女孩” |
[03:24] | and I expect applause from both of you this time. | 这次我期待你俩都给我鼓掌 |
[03:49] | And who was that brave little girl? | 谁是那个勇敢的小女孩呢 |
[03:52] | Me. | 我 |
[03:55] | For those of you who need it, there’s Kleenex in the back. | 如果你需要的话 后面有纸巾 |
[03:57] | For those of you who don’t, I wish I had your strength. | 如果你不需要的话 我希望我和你一样坚强 |
[04:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:06] | What did I tell you? | 我怎么跟你说的 |
[04:07] | Legend. | 传奇 |
[04:12] | I mean, I’m, I-I’m a stuntman. | 我是个特技演员 |
[04:15] | I have literally been shot out of a cannon, | 我真的曾被大炮射出来过 |
[04:17] | been on fire for a good six minutes. | 身上着过整整六分钟的火 |
[04:19] | But none of that prepared me | 但所有这些都没能让我 |
[04:21] | for being married to an alcoholic. | 对与酒瘾者结婚有所准备 |
[04:26] | But the longer I’ve been here, | 但我在这里待得越久 |
[04:27] | I’ve realized that | 我越意识到 |
[04:29] | alcoholics have been a part of my life for a long time. | 酒瘾者一直是我生活中的一部分 |
[04:32] | Starting with Father O’Leary. | 最早从奥莱利神父开始 |
[04:34] | Not my real father, but he did make me leery. | 他不是我的真父亲 但他确实教会了我滑头 |
[04:40] | Wasn’t this meeting supposed to end at 9:00? | 互助会不是应该九点结束吗 |
[04:45] | I can’t believe that people were so moved by my share. | 我不敢相信人们竟然被我的分享打动了 |
[04:48] | Is that what they mean by “Not a dry eye in the house”? | 他们说”在场的每个人都感动落泪”是这意思吗 |
[04:51] | You were amazing. | 你非常棒 |
[04:52] | Never would have guessed it was your first time. | 绝对猜不到这是你的第一次 |
[04:54] | You were amazing, too. | 你也非常棒 |
[04:56] | Ah, I was off my game. | 我状态不好 |
[04:58] | I think I’m getting a cold. | 我觉得我感冒了 |
[04:59] | I didn’t tell you before. | 我之前没告诉你 |
[05:00] | I mean, you can’t hear it yet, but it’s-it’s coming. | 你现在还听不出来 但马上就有症状了 |
[05:04] | Do you want to go home instead of the Bistro? | 你想不想回家 不去咖啡馆了 |
[05:06] | It’s not that kind of cold; | 不是那种感冒 |
[05:07] | it’s better when I’m out with people. | 我在外面和别人聚在一起更舒服 |
[05:10] | Why are you parking? | 你为什么停车 |
[05:11] | I’m meeting up with Rod. | 我要和罗德见面 |
[05:13] | My Rod? | 我的罗德吗 |
[05:14] | Yeah. He came up to me after | 是的 他结束后来找我 |
[05:15] | and said that my share blew him away. | 说我的分享震撼了他 |
[05:18] | He said I gave him a light bulb moment. | 他说我让他顿悟了 |
[05:21] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[05:22] | But bear in mind, his accent is all over the place. | 但要记住 他的口音很重 |
[05:24] | He might have just been asking for directions to the bathroom. | 他可能只是在问你洗手间怎么走 |
[05:30] | Can’t tell you how refreshing this is. | 我无法告诉你这有新鲜 |
[05:32] | You’re the first bloke I’ve met in the rooms | 你是我在那里见过的第一个 |
[05:33] | who doesn’t treat me like the Rod Connaughton. | 不把我罗德·康诺顿当明星的人 |
[05:36] | Didn’t even know that was your last name. | 我都不知道那是你的姓 |
[05:39] | See, there it is. | 瞧 就是这样 |
[05:40] | You were a stuntman, you worked with celebrities. | 你曾是个特技演员 你与明星合作过 |
[05:44] | I know you won’t be starstruck. | 我知道你不会被星光闪瞎 |
[05:45] | That I can guarantee. | 这点我可以保证 |
[05:49] | I’ve been offering Adam tea for years– nothing. | 我想让亚当喝茶好多年了 他从来没有回应 |
[05:52] | But the minute Rod walks into his life, | 但罗德一走进他的生活 |
[05:53] | it’s Downton Abbey. | 就成《唐顿庄园》了 |
[05:56] | And it’s okay you feel that way, Bonnie. | 你有这种感受是正常的 邦妮 |
[05:57] | I learned that from Adam’s share. | 这是我从亚当的分享中学到的 |
[05:59] | Don’t tell me it’s okay to feel this way | 别告诉我有这种感受是正常的 |
[06:01] | when I don’t even know how I feel. | 我都不知道这是什么感受 |
[06:02] | And that’s okay, too. It is. | 这也是正常的 真的 |
[06:05] | All I know is, I have one husband and one sponsee, | 我只知道 我只有一个丈夫和互助对象 |
[06:08] | and frankly I don’t approve of this canoodling. | 实话说 我不同意这种勾肩搭背 |
[06:10] | Don’t you have two sponsees? | 你不是有两个互助对象吗 |
[06:12] | How does that help my point, scoreboard? | 这对我想表达的观点有帮助吗 记分板 |
[06:16] | Maybe Adam’s offering him | 或许亚当为他提供了 |
[06:17] | a different perspective from Al-Anon. | 与酒瘾者家庭互助会不同的观点 |
[06:19] | Yeah, well, Adam wouldn’t even need Al-Anon | 要不是因为我 亚当压根都不需要 |
[06:21] | if it wasn’t for me. | 酒瘾者家庭互助会 |
[06:23] | I don’t think that’s the defense you think it is. | 我觉得这句话不是你所认为的辩护 |
[06:26] | Yeah, I’m with Bonnie. | 对 我支持邦妮 |
[06:28] | These two don’t make sense. | 这俩人说不通 |
[06:30] | I mean, Adam’s a man of the people | 亚当是个亲民大好人 |
[06:31] | and Rod’s just a big old strutting peacock. | 而罗德是个耀武扬威的大孔雀 |
[06:34] | Being somebody’s sponsor doesn’t mean | 当某人的互助对象不代表 |
[06:36] | that you’re their only source of inspiration. | 你是那个人唯一的正能量来源 |
[06:39] | He can have other people to talk to. | 他也可以与其他人谈话 |
[06:41] | Well, you’re my only source of inspiration. | 可你是我唯一的正能量来源 |
[06:43] | Don’t you also have a therapist? | 你不是还有个心理医生吗 |
[06:45] | Damn it, Wendy. | 该死 温蒂 |
[06:49] | Look at them over there, hogging Beatrice. | 看看他们在那里 独霸着碧翠斯 |
[06:54] | We’d like to order, too, guys. | 我们也想点单 |
[06:58] | What would you like? | 你想点什么 |
[06:59] | Oh. Well, I’m-I’m not sure yet. | 我还没想好 |
[07:09] | ♪ Out of nowhere, you were there ♪ | ♪ 突然之间 你出现了 ♪ |
[07:13] | ♪ Satin jacket ♪ | ♪ 缎面夹克 ♪ |
[07:15] | ♪ Perfect hair… ♪ | ♪ 完美头发 ♪ |
[07:20] | One tea with Rod | 和罗德喝了一次茶 |
[07:21] | and you’re practically throwing your underwear at him. | 你都要把内裤丢向他了 |
[07:25] | All right, I was quick to judge him. | 好 我对他过早下定论了 |
[07:26] | He’s a cool guy. | 他挺酷的 |
[07:28] | Yeah. He’s become cooler since I’ve been working with him. | 是的 在我帮助他以后 他变得更酷了 |
[07:31] | He’s got issues. | 他有自己的问题 |
[07:32] | All confidential, of course, | 当然都要保密 |
[07:34] | but here’s a hint: | 但给你个暗示 |
[07:36] | rhymes with “Snoozes sniagra.” | 与”阳违”押韵 |
[07:39] | Well, he’s coming over to give me a guitar lesson. | 他要过来给我上吉他课 |
[07:41] | That’s gonna be fun. | 一定会很有趣的 |
[07:43] | You two kids made a playdate? | 你们俩小孩约好一起玩呀 |
[07:45] | – Yeah. – Good. Good. | -是的 -很好 很好 |
[07:49] | I give you my blessing. | 我向你送上祝福 |
[07:52] | Did I need your blessing? | 我需要你的祝福吗 |
[07:54] | I’m his sponsor, you’re my husband, | 我是他的互助对象 你是我的丈夫 |
[07:55] | it could get complicated. | 有可能变复杂的 |
[07:57] | There are things that he may share with me about you | 他可能会与我分享关于你的事 |
[07:59] | that I can’t tell you. | 而我不能告诉你 |
[08:00] | And there may be things you share with me about him | 你可能会与我分享关于他的事 |
[08:02] | that I may have to tell him. | 而我可能得告诉他 |
[08:04] | You picking up what I’m putting down? | 你听懂我的话了吗 |
[08:06] | Yeah. Don’t tell him things I don’t want you to know. | 嗯 别告诉他我不想让你知道的事 |
[08:10] | Why? What are you hiding from me? | 为什么 你藏着什么事吗 |
[08:11] | Can we just go to sleep? | 我们能睡觉吗 |
[08:13] | Yes. With my blessing. | 可以 带着我的祝福 |
[08:19] | I couldn’t find my guitar. | 我找不到我的吉他了 |
[08:21] | Do you know where it is? | 你知道在哪里吗 |
[08:23] | You hide things from me, I hide things from you. | 你藏着不告诉我 我也藏着不告诉你 |
[08:31] | Did you know it’s gonna rain on the weekend? | 你知道周末会下雨吗 |
[08:32] | Did you know you’re part of the cleanup commitment? | 你知道你打扫卫生的职责吗 |
[08:35] | I’m supervising. | 我在监督 |
[08:37] | Yeah, my housekeeper was right, | 我的管家说得对 |
[08:38] | that’s not the same thing as helping. | 这和帮忙不是一回事 |
[08:41] | Are you mad at me, love? | 你在对我生气吗 亲爱的 |
[08:42] | I can’t tell. | 我看不出来 |
[08:44] | Looks like you just jumped out of a plane. | 你看起来像刚跳下飞机 |
[08:46] | Says the man with the hair system. | 就你这发量还敢说这话 |
[08:48] | Did you get those plugs with a Groupon? | 你这植发是团购的吗 |
[08:51] | I see what’s going on here. | 我明白是怎么回事了 |
[08:53] | Sexual tension all coming out all squishy. | 性张力呼之欲出啊 |
[08:57] | Like you could handle this. | 好像你能搞定我似的 |
[08:59] | I could handle Tina Turner. | 蒂娜·特纳我都能搞定 |
[09:01] | You sure it wasn’t a man dressed like Tina Turner? | 你确定不是打扮得像是蒂娜·特纳的男人吗 |
[09:03] | Either way, quite a night. | 不管怎样 那晚都相当劲爆 |
[09:05] | Rod, your mom’s here to pick you up! | 罗德 你妈妈来接你了 |
[09:09] | Sexy. | 真性感 |
[09:16] | No, no, put your index finger there. That’s it. | 不 把食指放在这里 对了 |
[09:18] | And your second finger on the next fret. | 下一根手指放在下一品 |
[09:21] | No, the next fret. | 不 下一品 |
[09:22] | No, the other next fret. | 另一个下一品 |
[09:24] | I think I know why they call these things “Frets.” | 我知道人们为什么叫它”品”[烦躁]了 |
[09:26] | Okay, how’s this? | 这样呢 |
[09:31] | That’s lovely. | 很好 |
[09:32] | Learn two more and you can be in a punk band. | 再学两个和弦 你就能加入朋克乐队了 |
[09:34] | You make it look so easy. | 你弹的时候好轻松啊 |
[09:36] | Well, I’ve been playing since I was 12. | 我从12岁就开始弹吉他了 |
[09:38] | It’s funny, I only picked it up to impress a girl. | 这很有趣 我学吉他只是为了撩妹 |
[09:40] | Well, I should say “A woman,” ’cause she was 32. | 我该说女人 因为她都32岁了 |
[09:44] | Worked at the record shop. | 在唱片店工作 |
[09:46] | The things we do to impress girls. | 为了撩妹我们做的那些事啊 |
[09:48] | Nothing else motivates me. | 没有别的什么能激励我了 |
[09:50] | I used to think I liked money, but then I realized | 我以前以为我喜欢钱 然后我意识到 |
[09:53] | it’s women who like money and I like women. | 是女人喜欢钱 我喜欢的是女人 |
[09:56] | Well, that worked out for you. | 这套逻辑很适合你啊 |
[09:58] | Did it? I’m in me 50s and I live with me mum. | 是吗 我都50岁了 还跟我妈妈住一起 |
[10:03] | Yeah, I’ve never actually had anything real, | 我从未有过真正的感情 |
[10:06] | like what, what you have with Bonnie. | 像是你和邦妮之间的那样 |
[10:10] | You’ll find it. | 你会找到的 |
[10:11] | Nah, I don’t think so. | 我觉得不会 |
[10:12] | When it comes to women, I just can’t stop the Rod show. | 一见到女人 我就忍不住表演罗德个人秀 |
[10:19] | I even do it with Bonnie. I keep trying to charm her. | 我甚至会对邦妮这样 我一直试图吸引她 |
[10:23] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[10:24] | I’m like that around pro football players. | 我在职业橄榄球运动员面前也是这样 |
[10:26] | Real football, not your kind. | 是橄榄球 不是足球 |
[10:30] | There’s just something about them. | 他们有种魔力 |
[10:32] | I really want them to respect me. | 我真的希望他们尊重我 |
[10:34] | Are you friends with pro football players? | 你跟职业橄榄球运动员是朋友吗 |
[10:37] | I had a shot at one, but he could smell the desperation. | 我曾有过一次机会 但他嗅到了我的绝望气息 |
[10:40] | Four calls in one afternoon, and it was over. | 我一下午给他打了四个电话 然后就结束了 |
[10:44] | Adam, I can’t imagine any man not wanting to be with you. | 亚当 难以置信有男人不想跟你在一起 |
[10:49] | Sorry, left out a word. | 抱歉 说错了 |
[10:50] | Not wanting to be friends with you. | 不想跟你做朋友 |
[10:54] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢 兄弟 |
[10:57] | See, that. | 瞧 |
[10:58] | That’s what’s missing from my life. | 这就是我生命中缺少的 |
[11:01] | Men. | 男人 |
[11:03] | My dad left when I was a little kid, | 我小时候 爸爸就抛弃了我们 |
[11:06] | and I blamed myself. | 我怪在自己头上 |
[11:09] | My bandmates were only in it for the drugs and women. | 我的乐队搭档只是为了毒品和女人 |
[11:16] | I haven’t had a real male friend since I was nine years old. | 从我九岁起 就没有过真正的男性朋友 |
[11:23] | And he beat me up for a bag of crisps. | 他为了一包薯片揍了我一顿 |
[11:27] | Oh, hey, Rod. | 罗德 |
[11:29] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[11:32] | Rod was just telling me about… | 罗德刚在跟我说 |
[11:33] | About the time I met Cyndi Lauper. | 我跟辛迪·劳帕见面的时候 |
[11:35] | Oh, what a day. Guess girls just really do want to have fun. | 真是难忘的一天 姑娘们就是想找乐子 |
[11:37] | Well, Mum’s making a roast, so off I go. | 妈妈在做烤肉 我走了 |
[11:40] | By the way, I think I’ll be better off | 顺便说一句 我觉得男性互助对象 |
[11:41] | with a male sponsor. Take care. | 更适合我 保重 |
[11:45] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[11:53] | I just don’t get it. What did I do wrong? | 我真不懂了 我做错了什么 |
[11:56] | It’s not you. Rod said he can’t be himself with women. | 不是你的问题 罗德说他在女人面前没法做自己 |
[11:59] | That’s why he needs a man. | 所以他需要个男人 |
[12:00] | Oh, come on, I’m manlier than most men. | 拜托 我比大部分男人更爷们 |
[12:02] | I’m manlier than you. | 我比你更爷们 |
[12:05] | Who owns more hair products? Go. | 谁的护发产品更多 说吧 |
[12:08] | Now is not the time for this, | 现在不是说这话的时候 |
[12:09] | but Rod called my hair luscious. | 但罗德说我的头发很有光泽 |
[12:14] | I thought I was helping him. | 我还以为我在帮他 |
[12:15] | Sometimes the thing that helps the most | 有时候最有帮助的 |
[12:17] | is realizing we’re on the wrong path. | 就是意识到我们误入歧途了 |
[12:19] | Are you trying to say the worst thing? | 你是想说最糟糕的话吗 |
[12:22] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[12:24] | This did get complicated. | 情况的确变复杂了 |
[12:25] | That’s not helping. | 这没有帮助 |
[12:29] | Damn it. “You were right” usually works. | 该死 “你说得对”一般都有用的 |
[12:36] | Hey, Shawn, can you start a dressing room for me? | 肖恩 能帮我安排个更衣室吗 |
[12:39] | Be with you in one sec, Jill. | 马上来 吉尔 |
[12:40] | I’m just finishing with a customer. | 这位顾客就快试完了 |
[12:42] | Oh, that’s a first. | 这可是头一回 |
[12:44] | Might as well be at the Goodwill. | 干脆去善意商店得了 |
[12:48] | I’m not sure that’s your color, love. | 我不确定这颜色适合你 亲爱的 |
[12:50] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[12:52] | A little retail therapy. | 购物疗法 |
[12:54] | This is a woman’s boutique. That is a woman’s blouse. | 这是女装店 那是女式衬衫 |
[12:57] | Ah, when it looks this good, it’s just Rod’s blouse, baby. | 这么好看的衣服只是罗德的衬衫 宝贝 |
[13:03] | Okay, Jill, do you want me to put that in a dressing room? | 吉尔 需要我帮你拿到更衣室去吗 |
[13:05] | No. I just realized it’s tacky. | 不用了 我刚发现这很俗气 |
[13:10] | You live with your mom. How can you even afford to shop here? | 你跟你妈妈住一起 怎么买得起这里的衣服 |
[13:12] | Oh, Capital One just sent me a new credit card. | 第一资本银行刚给我寄来一张全新的信用卡 |
[13:15] | I’m in a mad dash to max it out before they realize | 我狂奔来刷爆它 赶在他们意识到 |
[13:17] | the error of their ways. | 自己的错误做法之前 |
[13:19] | You know what? This is my happy place. | 知道吗 这里是我的快乐之地 |
[13:21] | So I’m gonna act like the music industry since 1988 | 我要跟1988年后的音乐界一样 |
[13:24] | and ignore you. | 无视你 |
[13:27] | I’ve got that one, too, darling. | 我也买了那件 亲爱的 |
[13:28] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[13:31] | Don’t you dare step foot in Chanel. | 不准走进香奈儿 |
[13:36] | Well, I hope you’re happy. | 希望你高兴了 |
[13:38] | Well, I was just telling them, my feet… | 我刚告诉她们 我的脚 |
[13:40] | Are about to be stomped on unless you let me finish. | 要被踩了 除非你听我说完 |
[13:45] | Can you let me out? I need to pee. | 能让我出去吗 我得尿尿 |
[13:46] | What– 20 minutes you’ve been here. | 你在这里都待了20分钟了 |
[13:47] | Now I sit down and you need to pee? | 我一坐在你就想尿了吗 |
[13:48] | You make me nervous, and I had three waters. | 你让我紧张 而且我刚喝了三杯水 |
[13:50] | Hold it. | 憋着 |
[13:53] | Bonnie, what’s wrong? | 邦妮 怎么了 |
[13:53] | What’s wrong is I was right. | 问题是我说对了 |
[13:55] | I sat here in this booth with Grandma Bunions | 我和拇囊炎奶奶坐在这个卡座 |
[13:57] | and said Adam and Rod hanging out | 说亚当和罗德一起玩 |
[13:59] | was gonna be nothing but trouble. | 肯定只会带来麻烦 |
[14:00] | What happened? Did they get into a fight? | 发生了什么 他们吵架了吗 |
[14:02] | Is Adam’s hair okay? | 亚当的头发还好吗 |
[14:06] | Rod wants a new sponsor. | 罗德想要个新的互助对象 |
[14:07] | Just go. | 直接尿吧 |
[14:09] | So what’s the big deal? People change sponsors all the time. | 有什么大不了的 人们一直都换互助对象 |
[14:13] | That’s true, I went through five of them in jail. | 没错 我在监狱里换了五个 |
[14:15] | Shivved, shivved, paroled, shivved, | 被刀了 被刀了 假释了 被刀了 |
[14:18] | wasn’t a good listener. | 不是个好的聆听者 |
[14:21] | How’d you get there? | 你怎么过去的 |
[14:22] | I’ll never tell. | 不告诉你 |
[14:25] | Honey, we help people for fun and for free. | 亲爱的 我们帮助别人是发自内心 免费做的 |
[14:28] | Stop making it about you. | 别再以自己为中心了 |
[14:30] | But I was really good at it. | 但我真的很擅长 |
[14:32] | Well, I’m really good at it and you’ve fired me 17 times. | 我非常擅长 你还炒了我17次呢 |
[14:35] | You want to go for 18? | 你想被炒18次吗 |
[14:36] | The point is, | 重点是 |
[14:38] | if you genuinely want to help someone | 如果你真心想帮助别人 |
[14:40] | and they need something from you that you can’t give them, | 他们对你有所需求 而你做不到 |
[14:43] | you should be happy they get it from someone else. | 那你应该很高兴他们能从别人那里得到 |
[14:47] | You know, nobody’s ever asked me to be their sponsor. | 没人让我当他们的互助对象 |
[14:49] | What’s up with that? | 为什么啊 |
[14:53] | Conversation for a different time. I get it. | 这事下次再聊 我懂 |
[14:57] | You both are gonna say no, | 你俩都会说不是 |
[14:58] | but I’m starting to think my ego got in the way here. | 但我开始觉得我的自负成了阻碍 |
[15:03] | – No. – No. | -不是 -不是 |
[15:05] | But wow, what an evolved thing to say. | 但是 你能说出这种话真是进步了 |
[15:09] | All right, you can be my sponsor again. | 好吧 你可以再当我的互助对象了 |
[15:11] | Wow. Didn’t even get to throw my hat in the ring. | 我都没机会参加竞选 |
[15:14] | Is it my vibe? Am I too intense? | 是因为我的气场吗 我太热情了吗 |
[15:16] | Answer me right now. | 马上回答我 |
[15:21] | Oh, you got to be kidding me. I bought this months ago. | 你在逗我吧 我几个月前就买了这衣服 |
[15:25] | Well, they just threw this one in | 他们刚送我这件衣服 |
[15:27] | ’cause, you know, I’m me. | 因为我的身份 |
[15:29] | Well, they’ve never given me anything for free. | 他们从没送过我东西 |
[15:31] | Well, you were never on Solid Gold with Andy Gibb. | 你又没和安迪·吉布上过《劲歌金曲》 |
[15:34] | You had one song. | 你就出了一首歌 |
[15:36] | Satin jacket, perfect hair, satin jacket, perfect hair. | 缎面夹克 完美头发 缎面夹克 完美头发 |
[15:38] | So you have listened to my music. | 这么说 你听过我的歌 |
[15:40] | It came on the oldies station in my car. | 是我车上的怀旧电台放的 |
[15:43] | Cha-ching. | 叮叮 |
[15:45] | Do you carry that around so people know you’re a musician? | 你随身带着琴盒 好让别人知道你是音乐家吗 |
[15:47] | Do you carry that around so people know you’re rich? | 你随身带着包 好让别人知道你有钱吗 |
[15:53] | I’m sorry, I… I’m doing it again. | 抱歉 我又这样做了 |
[15:56] | What? | 做什么 |
[15:57] | I’m putting on a show. | 我在表演 |
[16:01] | I can’t help myself. | 我控制不住自己 |
[16:02] | You’re a woman and-and I feel compelled to perform for you. | 你是个女人 我觉得有必要为你表演 |
[16:07] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[16:09] | I only recently learned this about myself. | 我最近才了解到这一点 |
[16:13] | I tried to shop it away, but… | 我试图购物控制 但是 |
[16:15] | the feelings found me again. | 那种感觉又找上门来 |
[16:18] | They always do. | 总是如此 |
[16:22] | I’m not proud. | 我并不骄傲 |
[16:24] | Well, that’s the first time you’ve acted like a human being | 这是我认识你以来 你第一次表现得 |
[16:27] | since I met you. | 像是个人 |
[16:30] | Thank you, Jill. | 谢谢你 吉尔 |
[16:32] | I just, I get so tired of the game. | 我真是厌烦了这个游戏 |
[16:42] | Whoopsie. | 哎呀 |
[16:46] | Whoopsie. | 哎呀 |
[16:49] | Whoopsie. | 哎呀 |
[16:50] | Hey. Listen to this. | 听听 |
[16:52] | Yeah, I have been listening and I’m hoping | 我一直在听 我希望 |
[16:54] | that song is called “Whoopsie.” | 那首歌叫《哎呀》 |
[16:56] | You sure you’re okay that Rod came over | 罗德过来给我上课 |
[16:58] | to give me a lesson? | 你真的没意见吗 |
[16:59] | Well, I do wish that lesson had been more effective, | 我希望他的课更有效果 |
[17:01] | but I do want what’s best for Rod, | 但我希望罗德过得好 |
[17:02] | and I think being friends with you is part of that. | 我觉得跟你交朋友会让他更好 |
[17:06] | – Awesome. – But how about you give the guitar a rest | -太棒了 -你先让吉他休息一下吧 |
[17:08] | while I show the apartment across the courtyard? | 我要带人看院子对面的公寓 |
[17:10] | I don’t want them thinking a musician lives here. | 我不希望他们以为这里住了个音乐家 |
[17:12] | Eh, never mind. They won’t. | 算了 他们不会以为的 |
[17:14] | Hey, I’ve been making progress. | 我有进步了 |
[17:18] | Whoopsie. | 哎呀 |
[17:22] | We cover all utilities and… | 我们负担所有的水电费 |
[17:29] | Whoopsie, looks like the painters are taking a break. | 哎呀 似乎油漆工正在休息 |
[17:33] | Yes, we are waiting for the base coat to dry. | 是啊 我们在等底漆变干 |
[17:45] | You guys hear about Jill and Rod? | 你们听说吉尔和罗德的事了吗 |
[17:47] | I know, right? | 就是啊 |
[17:49] | You can cover your mouths, it’s still gossip. | 你可以捂住嘴巴 但那还是八卦 |
[17:51] | You want to go over there and talk about it | 你想过去聊聊这件事吗 |
[17:52] | away from Marjorie? | 远离玛乔丽 |
[17:54] | Hell yeah. | 太想了 |
[17:58] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[17:59] | Oh, yeah, we do. The Fongs took the apartment | 没错 方一家租了公寓 |
[18:01] | and they want to have you and Rod over for dinner. | 他们想请你和罗德过去吃晚餐 |
[18:03] | They are very open-minded, | 他们的思想非常开放 |
[18:05] | so I would not go unless you want things to get weird. | 除非你想让事情变得奇怪 否则别去 |
[18:09] | Got to go. | 我得走了 |
[18:11] | Hey, Bonnie, | 邦妮 |
[18:14] | um, thank you for being so understanding | 谢谢你如此理解 |
[18:15] | about my decision to find a new sponsor. | 我想找新互助对象的决定 |
[18:17] | Of course. I want what’s best for you, it’s not about me. | 当然 我希望你过得好 这事与我无关 |
[18:20] | Anyway, um, I have a bit of situation, | 总之 我出了点状况 |
[18:23] | and I was wondering if you could help me find someone to talk to? | 我想知道你能不能帮我找个倾诉对象 |
[18:27] | Let me introduce you to Marjorie. | 我跟你介绍玛乔丽吧 |
[18:28] | She’s not a guy, but she’s running pretty low | 她不是男人 但她现在的雌激素 |
[18:30] | on estrogen these days. | 也所剩无几了 |
[18:33] | Marjorie… | 玛乔丽 |