时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Buckle up. | 准备好 |
[00:31] | We’re going to overtime. | 即将进入加时赛 |
[00:35] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:36] | Warriors and Knicks overtime. | 勇士队和尼克斯队的加时赛 |
[00:38] | Ashley– five stars. | 艾希莉 五星 |
[00:39] | Natalya– four stars. | 娜塔莉亚 四星 |
[00:41] | Cornelia– one star. | 科妮莉亚 一星 |
[00:43] | What, because her name was Cornelia? | 就因为她叫科妮莉亚吗 |
[00:45] | That’s not her fault, | 这不是她的错 |
[00:46] | you should give her parents one star. | 你应该给她的父母打一星 |
[00:49] | It’s my amends list for Al-Anon. | 这是酒瘾者家庭互助会的赔罪单 |
[00:51] | And you hid it behind my panty drawer? | 而你竟然藏在我的内衣抽屉后 |
[00:53] | Freak. | 变态 |
[00:55] | I wasn’t hiding anything, I lost it. | 我没有藏 我弄丢了 |
[00:57] | I wrote that a year ago. | 这是我一年前写的 |
[01:00] | You know, I don’t just vent about you at Al-Anon. | 我在酒瘾者家庭互助会不只是发泄对你的不满 |
[01:02] | I do the steps. | 我也做步骤的 |
[01:04] | Except that one. | 除了那个 |
[01:06] | Yeah, you’re gonna catch the highlights, pal. | 你赛后看集锦吧 哥们 |
[01:09] | So, you owe an amends to all these women? | 所以你要对这么多女人赔罪吗 |
[01:12] | And some of their husbands. | 包括其中一些女人的丈夫 |
[01:14] | And what do the stars mean? | 星星是什么意思 |
[01:16] | How hot they were? | 她们有多性感吗 |
[01:18] | It’s how bad my behavior was. | 是我当时的行为有多差劲 |
[01:21] | Candy was four stars? | 坎迪是四星 |
[01:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[01:23] | Actually, in both departments. | 其实两方面都是四星 |
[01:30] | So, you wrote down this list | 所以你写了这个 |
[01:32] | of, like, a thousand names, | 有上千个名字的清单 |
[01:33] | and you haven’t gotten in touch with any of them? | 但你还没有联系她们中任何一人吗 |
[01:35] | Correct. | 正确 |
[01:37] | And, by the way, where is my name? | 顺便说句 我的名字呢 |
[01:43] | Oh, wait, here I am. | 等等 我在这里 |
[01:46] | Different Bonnie. | 这是另一个邦妮 |
[02:09] | Interesting. My amends list was | 有意思 我的赔罪单上 |
[02:12] | a bunch of laws I broke. | 都是我犯过的法 |
[02:13] | Yours is a bunch of hearts you broke. | 而你的上面是你伤过的心 |
[02:15] | My Al-Anon sponsor had me look at my patterns with women, | 互助对象让我审视我对待女性的行为模式 |
[02:19] | and I did a lot of damage there. | 我曾让别人很伤心 |
[02:21] | I was either drawn to drama or creating it. | 我总是喜欢戏剧化 或在制造戏剧化 |
[02:24] | Like you create it with me? | 就像你对待我一样吗 |
[02:26] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[02:29] | So I… | 所以我 |
[02:30] | made this list and then I lost it. | 写了这个清单 然后搞丢了 |
[02:33] | If that’s not a sign from my higher power… | 这一定是更高力量的旨意 |
[02:35] | Yeah, nice try. | 得了吧 |
[02:37] | At least I had drugs and drinking to blame. | 至少我可以怪在毒品和酒精上 |
[02:39] | Yeah, you had alcohol. | 对 你有酒精 |
[02:41] | I had a penis. | 我有鸡鸡 |
[02:43] | Both weapons of mass destruction when used irresponsibly. | 不负责地使用时 这两者都是大规模杀伤性武器 |
[02:47] | Well, there’s your list. | 清单在这里 |
[02:48] | There’s your phone, get cracking. | 电话在那里 去打吧 |
[02:53] | I know I should. | 我知道我应该打 |
[02:56] | I just don’t know what to say. | 我只是不知道该说什么 |
[02:58] | And that’s where, once again, you are fortunate to have me. | 再一次 你很幸运有我 |
[03:01] | No one has made more amends to more people than I have. | 没有人比我向更多人赔过罪了 |
[03:05] | It’s the reason I learned Spanish. | 我就是为此学了西班牙语 |
[03:08] | I’ve done them in person, on the phone, in song. | 我当面赔罪过 打过电话 写过歌 |
[03:12] | I’m not gonna sing to anyone. | 我不会对任何人唱歌的 |
[03:14] | The DMV lady loved it. | 车管所的女士非常喜欢 |
[03:17] | ♪ I’m sorry I drove us off a bridge ♪ | ♪ 很抱歉在三点调头时 ♪ |
[03:19] | ♪ During my three-point turn ♪ | ♪ 我开车带你掉下了桥 ♪ |
[03:21] | ♪ But I was tripping balls on acid. ♪ | ♪ 但我当时在吸迷幻药 ♪ |
[03:27] | Don’t be shy with the jazz hands. | 不要羞于做爵士手 |
[03:30] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:31] | I’ve got six pages of past here. | 这里可是有六页往事的 |
[03:33] | Well, let’s start at the beginning. | 从头开始吧 |
[03:36] | What’s the story with five-star Ashley? | 五星艾希莉是怎么回事 |
[03:38] | Uh, she was a girl I started dating right out of college– | 她是我大学毕业后谈的女朋友 |
[03:42] | redhead, psych major, loved to ski. | 红发 心理学专业 喜欢滑雪 |
[03:44] | Get to the stars. | 直接说星星 |
[03:45] | I slept with somebody she knew. | 我和她认识的人上床了 |
[03:48] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[03:49] | And when I moved to L.A., | 在我搬去洛杉矶后 |
[03:51] | I accidentally on purpose didn’t give her my new number. | 我不小心故意没给她我的新号码 |
[03:54] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[03:55] | And I kept her Supertramp album. | 我还留下了她的超级流浪汉乐团专辑 |
[03:57] | Supertramp? You did her a favor. | 超级流浪汉乐团 你这是帮了她的忙 |
[04:00] | Let me tell you, honey, making amends is a lot like sex. | 我告诉你 亲爱的 赔罪就像做爱 |
[04:03] | The first time, it’s awkward | 第一次很尴尬 |
[04:04] | ’cause you don’t know what you’re doing. | 因为你不知道自己在做什么 |
[04:05] | And then you get better at it and it’s fun, | 然后你越来越擅长 就变得有趣了 |
[04:07] | and eventually you get so good, | 最后你变得非常擅长 |
[04:08] | you set up a camera and film yourself. | 会摆个摄像机录自己 |
[04:11] | Hypothetically. | 这些都是假设 |
[04:16] | Should we have waited for Bonnie? | 我们应该等邦妮吗 |
[04:18] | She never waits for us. | 她从来不等我们 |
[04:19] | But you know she’s gonna get more mad at me | 但你知道她只会把气 |
[04:21] | than the rest of you guys. | 撒在我一个人身上 |
[04:22] | Don’t worry, if she comes after you, I got your back. | 别担心 如果她说你 我会保护你的 |
[04:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:25] | – Incoming. – Seriously, Wendy? | -来了 -认真的吗 温蒂 |
[04:27] | You couldn’t wait? | 你等不及吗 |
[04:29] | We tried to tell her. | 我们劝过她 |
[04:30] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[04:31] | How you survive seven years in prison. | 这是我在监狱存活七年的心得 |
[04:34] | Give me the cake. | 蛋糕给我 |
[04:35] | I need it after the morning I just had. | 今早太糟了 我需要它 |
[04:37] | You know, you don’t have to come every day. | 你不用每天都来的 |
[04:41] | At my urging, | 在我的催促下 |
[04:43] | Adam decided to embark on his amends journey. | 亚当决定开始他的赔罪之旅 |
[04:46] | Let’s just say the first one did not go so well. | 这么说吧 第一场不是很顺利 |
[04:48] | She’s dead? | 她死了 |
[04:50] | Jazz hands. | 爵士手 |
[04:54] | Oh, so sad. | 真难过 |
[04:55] | Kicked the bucket six months ago. | 六个月前死翘翘的 |
[04:58] | Dead. That’s a tough one out of the gate. | 死了 一开始就遇到这事真糟糕 |
[05:00] | Yeah. He still gets credit for trying. | 是啊 但他能尝试依然是好事 |
[05:02] | I remember my first time tackling my amends list. | 我记得我第一次处理赔罪单的时候 |
[05:05] | Did you have Agnes at the switchboard connect you | 接线员艾格尼丝是不是帮你接通了 |
[05:07] | to Klondike-five, zero-one-nine-eight? | 老号码555-0198 |
[05:12] | No. | 不是 |
[05:13] | It was in a phone booth, | 那是在一个电话亭里 |
[05:14] | and I had to do awful things to get the change for the call. | 我做了难以启齿的事 才拿到了打电话的零钱 |
[05:19] | Mm. I had a whole section of my list | 我的单子上有个部分 |
[05:20] | that was just “Things I set on fire.” | 全都是”我点燃的东西” |
[05:23] | Adam’s taking this woman’s death very hard. | 这个女人的死让亚当很难过 |
[05:26] | I caught him crying while he was brushing his teeth. | 我发现他刷牙时都在哭 |
[05:28] | It’s so gross when men feel. | 男人多愁善感时真恶心 |
[05:31] | Yeah. It’s like women being umpires– who needs that? | 对 这就像让女人当裁判 谁需要这样吗 |
[05:34] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[05:35] | I’m sorry, were you an umpire? | 对不起 你是裁判吗 |
[05:37] | I bet you looked real cute in those gray slacks. | 我敢打赌你穿灰长裤很好看 |
[05:40] | No, this makes me realize it’s time I get to my big amends. | 不 这让我意识到了 我也该去赔罪了 |
[05:44] | You mean like not having my back with Bonnie? | 你是说没有从邦妮手中保护我吗 |
[05:46] | Why don’t we let that one go, sweetheart? | 别纠结这事了 亲爱的 |
[05:49] | So, who is it? A fella you done wrong? | 是谁啊 你辜负过的哪个男人吗 |
[05:51] | Oh, I know. | 我知道了 |
[05:53] | Did you set someone on fire in their jail cell? | 你在监狱里放火烧了别人吗 |
[05:55] | What is it with you and fire? | 你为什么这么痴迷于火 |
[05:57] | Oh, honestly, it’s just so beautiful while it destroys. | 说真的 火摧毁东西时太美了 |
[06:03] | Someone talk. | 谁快说句话 |
[06:04] | It’s the steakhouse I robbed. | 是那家我抢过的牛排店 |
[06:07] | I’ve driven by it so many times. | 我开车经过了很多次 |
[06:08] | I’ve just never had the courage to go in. | 我从没有勇气走进去 |
[06:10] | Yeah, me, too, but for very different reasons. | 我也是 但理由完全不一样 |
[06:13] | The only steak that costs $4.99 is called horse. | 只卖4.99美元的牛排肯定是马肉 |
[06:18] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[06:19] | I’m starting to think it was the husband. | 我开始觉得是丈夫干的了 |
[06:21] | He’s too nice, and they wouldn’t use | 他太好了 如果他没杀人 |
[06:22] | an actor like that unless he murdered. | 他们是不会用这种演员的 |
[06:25] | And that guy had a show, remember? | 这个男人曾演过一部剧 记得吗 |
[06:27] | Remember, he lived on a boat and gave free legal advice | 他住在船上 给其他住在船上的人 |
[06:29] | to other people that lived on boats? | 提供免费法律建议 |
[06:31] | What was it called? Boat’s Law? | 叫什么来着 《船之法》 |
[06:34] | – I-I don’t really care. – Yeah, well, neither did America. | -我不在乎 -美国人也不在乎 |
[06:36] | That’s why it’s not on anymore. | 所以现在不播了 |
[06:39] | Aren’t you gonna open that beer? | 你不打开啤酒吗 |
[06:41] | No, you can have it. | 不 你喝吧 |
[06:44] | Unless you want me to end up on a pool floatie | 除非你想让我躺在百乐宫喷泉里的 |
[06:46] | in the Bellagio fountain, no, I cannot. | 飘浮泳圈上 我可不能喝 |
[06:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:01] | What’s going on? | 你怎么了 |
[07:02] | You have barely said a word all day, | 你整天几乎没说过一句话 |
[07:04] | and now you’re not paying attention to NCIS: New Orleans. | 现在你连《海军罪案调查处:新奥尔良》都不用心看了 |
[07:07] | And this is a good one. | 这是好看的那集 |
[07:08] | The crawdads ate the guy’s fingerprints off. | 喇蛄吃掉了那个人的指纹 |
[07:12] | I’m f– I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[07:14] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[07:16] | Are you still upset about Ashley? | 你还在为艾希莉难过吗 |
[07:18] | Hello, that was Tuesday. | 那是周二的事了 |
[07:19] | The official mourning period for a girl you dated | 你在里根执政时期的女朋友的 |
[07:21] | during the Reagan administration is over. | 官方哀悼时间已经结束了 |
[07:24] | You women all want us to be vulnerable until we are. | 你们女人总想要我们展示脆弱 展示出来了又不乐意了 |
[07:29] | You’re sad because you kissed a girl who’s dead. | 你难过是因为你吻过的女孩死了 |
[07:33] | I mean, if it’s any comfort, | 如果能让你舒服点的话 |
[07:34] | I had sex with someone while he was dying. | 我曾和快死的人做过爱 |
[07:37] | Actually, wait. | 等等 |
[07:38] | That happened twice. | 这种事发生过两次 |
[07:41] | I think I’d like to be alone. | 我想单独待待 |
[07:43] | Seriously? You’re pushing me away? | 认真的吗 你要推开我吗 |
[07:46] | I just need some space. | 我只是需要点空间 |
[07:48] | Are you still in love with Ashley? | 你还爱着艾希莉吗 |
[07:51] | Do you have a secret family? | 你有个秘密家庭吗 |
[07:52] | Oh, God, I got to get out of here. | 天啊 我必须离开这里 |
[07:55] | To go and see them? | 去看望他们吗 |
[07:56] | What is it, little Adam’s birthday? | 怎么了 小亚当要过生日了吗 |
[07:58] | You’re crazy. | 你疯了 |
[07:59] | Why is this affecting you so much? | 这事为什么对你影响这么大 |
[08:01] | It just is, okay? | 就是这么大 好吗 |
[08:02] | Where are you going? I’m trying to help. | 你要去哪 我在努力帮忙啊 |
[08:04] | Try less. | 少努力点 |
[08:06] | Legal Seagull! That was the name of the show. | 《律政海鸥》 那部剧叫这个名字 |
[08:12] | Hi, hello, are you the manager? | 你好 你是经理吗 |
[08:15] | Who’s asking? | 你是哪位 |
[08:17] | Well, my name is Tammy Diffendorf, | 我叫塔米·迪芬多夫 |
[08:18] | and when this was an Outback, I… | 在这里还是澳拜客牛排店时 我… |
[08:20] | Hey, we chose to change the name. | 名字是我们主动改的 |
[08:22] | They didn’t leave us. | 不是他们撤掉了 |
[08:24] | Okay. Well, nine years ago, | 好 九年前 |
[08:26] | I robbed this restaurant and I went to prison. | 我抢了这家餐厅 进了监狱 |
[08:29] | And since that time, I’ve gotten sober and changed my life. | 在那之后 我戒瘾了 改头换面 |
[08:32] | And I just really want to make amends for my crime. | 我很想为我犯下的罪行赔罪 |
[08:35] | Oh, I remember. | 我记得 |
[08:37] | You wore a catsuit and hit us on cops-eat-free night. | 你穿着紧身衣 在警察免费夜抢了我们 |
[08:40] | That security footage was a staple | 那段监控录像是好几年 |
[08:41] | at the Christmas party for years. | 圣诞派对的热门话题 |
[08:43] | Also a staple at my trial. | 在我的庭审上也是热门话题 |
[08:46] | You know what the real crime is? | 你知道真正的罪行是什么吗 |
[08:48] | Nine years later, I still work here. | 九年后 我依然在这里工作 |
[08:54] | Anyway, um… | 总而言之 |
[08:56] | I can’t take back what I did, | 我无法收回我做的事 |
[08:57] | but I want you to know from the bottom of my heart… | 但我想让你知道 我打心底… |
[09:02] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:04] | Hey, Bon, I’m kind of in the middle of something here. | 邦 我正在办事 |
[09:06] | Have you seen Adam? | 你见到亚当了吗 |
[09:07] | He took off in the RV, and he’s not answering his phone. | 他开着房车走了 而且不接电话 |
[09:10] | Oh, my God. Is this blood? | 天啊 这是血吗 |
[09:15] | I’m sorry, Bonnie. | 对不起 邦妮 |
[09:15] | I haven’t heard from him, but I’m sure he’ll be back. | 他没联系我 但我确定他会回去的 |
[09:18] | Are you? He basically drove off in a house. | 你确定吗 他等于是开着房子跑了 |
[09:20] | There’s nothing to stop him from starting a new life. | 没什么能阻止他开始一段新生活 |
[09:24] | And he just learned how to remove his fingerprints. | 而且他刚学会了怎样去除指纹 |
[09:35] | Follow my logic here. | 听听我的逻辑 |
[09:37] | A hamburger is meat between two pieces of bread. | 汉堡是肉夹在两块面包中间 |
[09:40] | How is that not a sandwich? | 这怎么能不是三明治呢 |
[09:41] | Because it’s a hamburger. It’s its own damn thing, D’rryl. | 因为它是汉堡 它自成一派 嘚瑟尔 |
[09:44] | Please stop using my name like that. | 拜托你别这样叫我了 |
[09:46] | I will when you finally make a point, D’rryl. | 等你说话有道理了我就不叫了 嘚瑟尔 |
[09:49] | All right, smart guy, | 好吧 机灵鬼 |
[09:51] | – what about a patty melt? – Not a sandwich. | -芝士牛融堡呢 -不是三明治 |
[09:53] | Stop embarrassing yourself. | 别再让自己难堪了 |
[09:54] | It’s a melt, it’s right there in the name. | 它叫融堡 名字里写着呢 |
[09:58] | I can’t even look at you. | 我都没法看你了 |
[09:59] | Will you two please shut the hell up? | 你俩能他妈的闭嘴吗 |
[10:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:04] | I’ve been listening to you jackasses for 20 minutes. | 我已经听你们这群混蛋叨叨20分钟了 |
[10:07] | Is a hot dog a sandwich? | 热狗是三明治吗 |
[10:08] | Is a taco a sandwich? | 塔可饼是三明治吗 |
[10:09] | Is a jelly doughnut a sandwich? | 果冻甜甜圈是三明治吗 |
[10:12] | Who cares? We’re all gonna die! | 谁在乎啊 我们都会死的 |
[10:16] | What’s your problem, Wheels? | 你有什么毛病啊 轮椅男 |
[10:18] | Don’t you call me that. | 别叫我这名字 |
[10:20] | Oh, okay. Chair? | 好吧 椅子男可以吗 |
[10:34] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[10:34] | My friend’s husband seems to be missing. | 我朋友的老公好像不见了 |
[10:37] | Oh. You might want to take a look around | 你最好四处看看 |
[10:38] | and see if he’s here. | 他在不在这里 |
[10:39] | We get a lot of angry men eating alone. | 这里有很多愤怒的男人独自吃饭 |
[10:42] | I’m sure the Bloomin’ Onion cheers ’em up. | 酥炸洋葱花肯定能让他们开心起来 |
[10:44] | Hey, we don’t offer that product or anything | 我们不提供这道菜以及 |
[10:45] | that infringes on its trademark. | 任何侵犯其商标的菜 |
[10:49] | All right, let’s wrap up the apology. | 你快点道歉吧 |
[10:51] | I’ve got a sneeze guard to wipe down. | 我还要擦透明隔板呢 |
[10:53] | – It’s actually an amends. – What’s the difference? | -其实是赔罪 -有什么区别 |
[10:56] | Well, an apology is just saying “I’m sorry.” | 道歉只是说”对不起” |
[10:57] | An amends is an attempt | 赔罪是你试图 |
[10:58] | to actually change the way you live your life. | 改变生活方式 |
[11:01] | – That’s part of an apology. – No, it’s not. | -那属于道歉 -不是 |
[11:03] | – It is where I come from. – No, no. | -在我老家就是 -不 |
[11:04] | An apology is just saying you’re sorry. | 道歉只是说对不起 |
[11:07] | You’re not actually doing anything. | 你其实没做什么事 |
[11:08] | Totally disagree. A sincere desire | 不同意 道歉必须包括 |
[11:10] | to change must be included in any apology, | 诚心诚意想进行改变 |
[11:12] | or it doesn’t count. | 否则那就不算了 |
[11:13] | No, see, the word “Amends” comes | 不对 “赔罪”这个词 |
[11:14] | from the root word “Mend,” Meaning “To repair.” | 来源于mend 意思是修补 |
[11:16] | So an amends is a… an attempt to fix things. | 所以赔罪就是试图解决问题 |
[11:20] | Are you gonna stand there and tell me | 你要站在这里告诉我 |
[11:21] | an apology doesn’t fix things? | 道歉不能解决问题吗 |
[11:25] | This got kind of intense. | 我们争辩得好激烈 |
[11:27] | Which is strange ’cause I really don’t care. | 好奇怪啊 我其实不在乎 |
[11:30] | Look, I’m just trying to work my program | 我只是想完成步骤 |
[11:31] | so I can be more spiritually evolved! | 这样我才能精神进化 |
[11:34] | If you really want to make a difference in the world, | 如果你真的想改变世界 |
[11:35] | how about you and I go out to the parking lot, | 我们去停车场 |
[11:37] | you hop in your car and run me over? | 你上车碾死我怎么样 |
[11:43] | Hey, Nancy. | 南希 |
[11:45] | Marge! | 玛乔 |
[11:46] | Did another one of your lambs lose their way? | 又有一只你的小羊羔迷路了吗 |
[11:49] | Not officially one of mine, | 不是我的 |
[11:50] | but he’s married to one of mine. | 但他跟我的小羊羔结婚了 |
[11:51] | Adam Janikowski. | 亚当·贾尼考斯基 |
[11:54] | Do you guys still accept the Discover Card? | 你们这里还可以用发现卡吗 |
[11:57] | Yeah. You should be getting the friends and family discount. | 可以 你该享受亲友折扣 |
[12:01] | Janikowski’s ride’s here. | 接贾尼考斯基的人来了 |
[12:04] | Let me guess. You nailed him on a 647? | 让我猜猜 你因公众场合醉酒而逮捕他的吗 |
[12:07] | Boy, you’re good. Huh. | 你真厉害 |
[12:09] | Could’ve had him on a 415, too. | 按照骚乱也可以 |
[12:12] | – A fight? – Mm. | -打架吗 -是的 |
[12:13] | Who would fight a man in a wheelchair? | 谁会跟坐轮椅的人打架 |
[12:15] | Someone who got punched in the face by a man in a wheelchair. | 被坐轮椅的人一拳打脸的人 |
[12:24] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[12:27] | Sorry I called you instead of Bonnie. | 抱歉 我给你打了电话 而不是邦妮 |
[12:30] | I just can’t deal with her right now. | 我现在实在受不了她 |
[12:31] | Sometimes she makes me so mad. | 有时候她让我好生气 |
[12:33] | And you end up punching somebody who doesn’t deserve it. | 结果你打了一个不相干的人 |
[12:37] | Been there, just never got caught. | 我也有过 只是没被逮捕过 |
[12:43] | Warning: I am not having a good day. | 警告 我今天不高兴 |
[12:45] | Terrific, and sitting next to me. | 真棒 还坐在我旁边 |
[12:49] | You can’t whisper when the person’s right next to you. | 我就在你旁边 你不能小声抱怨 |
[12:51] | It doesn’t work. | 这行不通 |
[12:52] | She does it all the time. | 她一直都这样 |
[12:55] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[12:56] | You’re like a kid at the zoo poking a stick through the bars. | 你就像在动物园里用棍子捅围栏的孩子 |
[13:00] | First, Adam took off in his stupid house-on-wheels, | 首先 亚当开着愚蠢的房车走了 |
[13:03] | and now he won’t answer my calls or my texts. | 现在他不接电话 不回短信 |
[13:05] | Marjorie isn’t answering my texts. | 玛乔丽也不回短信 |
[13:07] | This one took my call but was very distracted. | 这人接了我的电话 但是心不在焉 |
[13:10] | Hey, I was mid-amends with the manager of the place I robbed. | 我当时在跟我抢劫那家店的经理赔罪 |
[13:13] | He’s an interesting guy. | 他是个有趣的人 |
[13:14] | Did you know the first steak ever was served in Italy? | 你们知道第一块牛排是在意大利端上的吗 |
[13:18] | I’m guessing the first steak ever was served | 我猜端上第一块牛排时 |
[13:20] | when a cow got hit by lightning. | 一头牛被闪电击中了 |
[13:22] | In Italy. | 那在意大利 |
[13:24] | I just… I don’t understand why he’s so upset. | 我真不明白他为什么这么生气 |
[13:27] | And why is he shutting me out? | 而且为什么要把我拒之门外 |
[13:28] | I’m in his corner no matter what. | 无论如何我都会支持他 |
[13:29] | Did you let him know that whatever he’s feeling is okay, | 你告诉了他 他无论有什么感受都行 |
[13:32] | and you can handle it? | 你都能应对吗 |
[13:33] | While being patient and understanding | 同时表情和语气都表现得 |
[13:35] | with both looks and your tone? | 耐心和善解人意 |
[13:38] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[13:41] | I-I might have been a little insensitive. | 我可能有点冷漠无情 |
[13:43] | I can’t be sure unless Marjorie is here making a face at me. | 我没法确定 除非玛乔丽在这里对我摆臭脸 |
[13:47] | The odds of you being insensitive are pretty good. | 你冷漠无情的可能性很大 |
[13:51] | That’s very insensitive of you to point that out. | 你指出这点真是冷漠无情 |
[13:54] | Wait. Was that insensitive or just annoying? | 等等 这是冷漠无情还是生气了 |
[13:56] | Where the hell is Marjorie?! | 玛乔丽到底在哪里 |
[14:02] | This is nice. | 这真好 |
[14:04] | – You got your own fortress of solitude. – Yeah. | -你有自己的孤独堡垒 -是啊 |
[14:08] | I felt like I needed to be alone with my thoughts. | 我感觉自己需要独自思考 |
[14:12] | Then I thought, | 然后我想着 |
[14:14] | “Now I’m alone with my thoughts.” | 现在我在独自思考 |
[14:17] | And then my thoughts said to me, | 然后我的思想对我说 |
[14:19] | “Why are you leaving us alone with you?” | 为什么要让我们单独和你待在一起 |
[14:21] | And next thing you know, | 接着 |
[14:22] | I’m bailing you out instead of your wife. | 保释你的就是我 而不是你妻子 |
[14:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:27] | So what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[14:28] | Beats the hell out of me. | 我也不知道 |
[14:30] | I started making my amends. | 我开始赔罪 |
[14:32] | Number one on the list is dead. | 名单上第一个人就去世了 |
[14:34] | It knocked me sideways. | 这事让我懵了 |
[14:35] | And then I got in my first bar fight of our new century. | 然后我卷入了新世纪以来第一次酒吧打架 |
[14:39] | Mm. That still doesn’t help me understand | 这依然没能帮我理解 |
[14:41] | why you didn’t call Bonnie. | 你为什么不给邦妮打电话 |
[14:43] | Because Bonnie couldn’t understand why I was upset. | 因为邦妮无法理解我为什么生气 |
[14:46] | Uh, and neither can you. | 你也无法理解 |
[14:50] | You know, Bonnie’s always talking about how helpful you are. | 邦妮总是说你很有帮助 |
[14:54] | Whe-When does that part kick in? | 我什么时候能感受到 |
[14:57] | When you get honest about what’s really going on. | 等你坦诚说出到底发生了什么的时候 |
[15:00] | Oh, that was good. | 真厉害 |
[15:03] | Well, one thing– might be it, might not– | 有件事 也许是 也许不是 |
[15:08] | I didn’t tell her the whole truth | 我没有告诉她 |
[15:09] | about what happened with Ashley. | 我和艾希莉的所有事 |
[15:13] | You’re gonna play it that way, huh? | 你要这么玩啊 |
[15:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:18] | We broke up because I slept with somebody, | 我们分手了 因为我跟别人上床了 |
[15:19] | and that somebody was her mother. | 那人是她妈妈 |
[15:22] | I’d appreciate if you wouldn’t look at me right now. | 请你现在别看着我了 |
[15:25] | I’ll stare into my coffee. Go on. | 我看着咖啡吧 你继续 |
[15:26] | I didn’t sleep with her once. I slept with her seven times. | 我跟她睡了不止一次 而是有七次 |
[15:30] | You might want to grip your seat for this moment. | 现在你最好抓紧座位 |
[15:32] | There was one day where I slept with them both. | 有天我跟她俩都上床了 |
[15:36] | How much of this does Bonnie know? | 邦妮知道多少 |
[15:38] | Not much. There was some heavy editing of the truth. | 没多少 我只说出了部分事实 |
[15:43] | I did this horrible thing that I’ve lived with for years, | 我做了这件可怕的事 背负了多年的重担 |
[15:45] | and now there’s no way for me to ever make amends to Ashley. | 现在我永远也无法向艾希莉赔罪了 |
[15:50] | Not direct amends, but you can make a living amends. | 你是没法直接赔罪 但你可以做出改变 |
[15:53] | We don’t do this to stay in the guilt and shame. | 我们这样做不是为了一直内疚和羞愧 |
[15:56] | We do this to move forward. | 而是为了翻篇 |
[15:59] | So, how do I do that? | 我要怎么翻篇 |
[16:01] | You can start by living differently | 首先你可以换一种生活方式 |
[16:03] | so that it never happens with anyone else. | 再也不对其他人做这种事 |
[16:06] | Well, I already do that. | 我已经做到了 |
[16:10] | Maybe part of living differently is being honest with Bonnie. | 换一种生活方式也许还包括对邦妮坦诚 |
[16:16] | Even if it’s hard, even if it hurts. | 虽然很难 虽然很痛 |
[16:19] | Oh, it’s gonna hurt. | 会很痛的 |
[16:22] | At this point, it’ll hurt either way. | 到了这时候 哪样都会痛 |
[16:26] | Thanks… for being here. | 谢谢你 陪着我 |
[16:29] | If I can ever do anything to repay you, like, like… | 如果我能做点什么来报答你就好了 |
[16:32] | You can loan me this thing next time there’s a music festival. | 下次有音乐节的时候你可以把房车借给我 |
[16:36] | I can’t even go anymore ’cause I have to pee too much. | 我都没法参加了 因为我老要上厕所 |
[16:42] | So, to review– | 概括一下 |
[16:45] | you cheated on Ashley with her mother, | 你背着艾希莉跟她妈妈偷情 |
[16:48] | you cheated on her mother with Ashley, | 你背着她妈妈跟艾希莉偷情 |
[16:51] | you chose not to tell me those facts, | 你选择不告诉我这些事实 |
[16:53] | you got arrested in a bar fight, | 你在酒吧里打架被逮捕了 |
[16:55] | and then called Marjorie instead of your loving wife. | 然后打电话给玛乔丽 而不是你亲爱的老婆 |
[16:58] | To be fair, those events took place over a 40-year period. | 公平地说 那些事发生在40多年前 |
[17:03] | Still stings. | 依然很痛 |
[17:05] | You’re right. I’ll add you to the list. | 你说得对 我会在名单上加上你 |
[17:07] | No, no, you already have a Bonnie on your list. | 不 你的名单里已经有一个邦妮了 |
[17:10] | This one’s gonna need jewelry. | 本邦妮需要珠宝 |
[17:13] | I should have shared with you first. | 我该先和你分享的 |
[17:15] | Why didn’t you? | 你为什么不说 |
[17:17] | ‘Cause I was ashamed of myself. | 因为我觉得很羞愧 |
[17:21] | Ashley and her mother ended up not speaking, | 艾希莉和她妈妈不说话了 |
[17:23] | and that was all on me. | 这全怪我 |
[17:25] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[17:27] | You sit in those meetings, | 你参加互助会 |
[17:29] | and you hear all the ways that people have hurt each other, | 听着人们是如何伤害彼此的 |
[17:32] | and you start thinking about all the stuff | 然后你开始想着 |
[17:33] | that you’ve done that you’re not proud of. | 你做过的难为情的事 |
[17:36] | I mean, I felt so awful about so many things. | 我为好多事感到很难受 |
[17:40] | And I… | 我 |
[17:43] | started to worry, “How… | 开始担心 |
[17:47] | How can Bonnie ever feel the same way about me again?” | 邦妮怎么还会以同样的眼光看待我 |
[17:52] | I like the way you look at me. | 我喜欢你看着我的样子 |
[17:54] | I don’t want that to change. | 我不希望这点改变 |
[17:57] | After all the things you’ve learned about me over the years, | 这么多年来 你知道了那么多关于我的事 |
[18:00] | how can I sit here and judge you? | 我怎么会坐在这里评判你 |
[18:02] | I mean, I love that you have a past. | 我喜欢你有一段过去 |
[18:04] | Your past is what’s made you you. | 你的过去塑造了现在的你 |
[18:07] | And-and it’s something to talk about if the cable goes out. | 如果没电视看了 我们可以聊聊这些事 |
[18:12] | And… I am sorry if I was a little hard on you | 对不起 我对你有点刻薄 |
[18:16] | when you were being… | 你当时很 |
[18:17] | – Emotional? – Yeah. | -动感情 -是的 |
[18:19] | I’m happy to know you’re someone who’s capable of remorse. | 我很高兴知道 你有懊悔的能力 |
[18:24] | I mean, given that half the world decided | 考虑到半个世界的人都决定了 |
[18:26] | shame is no longer a thing anymore, | 羞耻不再是个问题了 |
[18:28] | it’s kind of refreshing. | 这还挺令人耳目一新的 |
[18:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:33] | And you know what else? | 你知道还有什么吗 |
[18:36] | I think I owe you an amends. | 我该向你赔罪 |
[18:38] | Man, this amends thing is just a carousel | 天啊 赔罪就像是你无法摆脱的 |
[18:40] | you can’t get off, isn’t it? | 旋转木马 对吧 |
[18:50] | Are we seriously eating here? | 我们真的要在这里吃饭吗 |
[18:52] | You all smell that, don’t you? | 你们都闻到了吧 |
[18:55] | Oh, hi, Lou. Table for four. | 卢 四人位 |
[18:57] | Are you messing with me? | 你在耍我吗 |
[18:58] | My friends and I eat out about 17 times a week, | 我的朋友们和我每周出来吃饭17次 |
[19:01] | so I figured we’d work you into the rotation. | 我决定也来你这里吃 |
[19:03] | How about you go ahead and dust off one of those tables for us? | 你去帮我们擦擦桌子上的灰怎么样 |
[19:06] | Is this still part of the whole apology thing? | 这还是道歉的一部分吗 |
[19:08] | – Amends. – Do not go there. He will not yield. | -是赔罪 -别提这件事 他不会屈服的 |
[19:11] | All right, ladies, follow me. | 好吧 女士们 跟我来 |
[19:13] | And I never said this, but skip the surf, stick to the turf. | 我从未说过这话 别点水里的 只点地上的 |
[19:18] | Your fish isn’t fresh? | 你的鱼不新鲜吗 |
[19:19] | It’s not even fish. | 那甚至都不是鱼 |
[19:23] | Where is she? Where is she? | 她在哪里 她在哪里 |
[19:27] | You look high, I’ll look low. | 你看上面 我看下面 |
[19:29] | Geez, you think they charge more for eye-level? | 天啊 视线高度要加钱吗 |
[19:32] | Probably. It’s like a grocery store. | 也许吧 这就像是杂货店 |
[19:35] | I feel bad for the bottom row. | 我为最下面一层感到难过 |
[19:36] | Stuck down there like the off-brand soda. | 就像杂牌苏打水一样困在底下 |
[19:39] | Their loved ones have to pop a squat just to say “I miss you.” | 他们的亲人得蹲下来对他们说 我好想你 |
[19:44] | Think you could save the op-ed for the drive home? | 你还是在回家的路上再写专栏吧 |
[19:47] | Yeah. Sorry. | 好 抱歉 |
[19:50] | Here she is, right next to her mother. | 她在这里 就在她妈妈旁边 |
[19:54] | I bet they made up, huh? | 她们肯定和好了 对吧 |
[19:56] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[19:59] | I’ll just put the flowers in the little vase | 我就把花插进小花瓶里 |
[20:02] | and let you do your thing. | 然后让你跟她说说话 |
[20:04] | By the way, he grew up to be a really good man. | 顺便告诉你 他成为了一个好男人 |
[20:15] | Hey, Ashley. | 艾希莉 |
[20:17] | It’s Adam. | 我是亚当 |