时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You know what I miss? Phone booths. | 知道我怀念什么吗 电话亭 |
[00:04] | Sing it, sister. | 说得好 姐妹 |
[00:06] | When I was homeless, if you scored a phone booth, | 我无家可归时 占到电话亭 |
[00:08] | you were living the life. | 就等于过上了好日子 |
[00:09] | A door, a light, a shelf. | 有门 有灯 有架子 |
[00:11] | It was the original tiny house. | 它就是微型房的雏形 |
[00:15] | Okay, not that funny. What’s up with you? | 好吧 没那么好笑 你怎么了 |
[00:17] | Oh, sorry. I just came back from a hip-hop dance class. | 抱歉 我刚上完街舞课 |
[00:19] | I’ve got endorphins coming out my eyeballs. | 内啡肽都要从我眼睛里射出来了 |
[00:21] | Ooh, where are you taking it? | 你在哪里上的 |
[00:22] | At that place called Hippity-Hoppity Dance Till You Droppity. | 那个地方叫”街舞跳到你扑街” |
[00:25] | I want to take class there just for the name. | 光听这名字我就想上 |
[00:27] | Funny, that name makes me want to cut my own feet off | 有意思 这名字让我想剁掉自己的脚 |
[00:29] | and never dance again. | 永远不再跳舞 |
[00:31] | I’m going back tomorrow. Why don’t you come with me? | 我明天还要去 你何不跟我一起去 |
[00:33] | A-five, six, seven, yes! | 五六七 好 |
[00:35] | It’s okay to contain some of your excitement. | 你可以克制一下自己的兴奋 |
[00:37] | I am! | 我已经在克制了 |
[00:41] | Oh, look, there’s Tammy. | 快看 是塔米 |
[00:43] | And she seems to be driving a Home Depot. | 她似乎开着一辆家得宝 |
[00:46] | Mixed emotions: embarrassed by Tammy, | 我感情很复杂 塔米令我尴尬 |
[00:47] | proud you know what a Home Depot is. | 你知道家得宝是什么令我自豪 |
[00:50] | Oh. When I was drinking, | 在我酗酒时 |
[00:51] | I used to go to lots of places by mistake. | 我经常误入一些地方 |
[00:53] | It’s the only reason I have a Costco membership. | 所以我才有好市多的会员 |
[00:58] | Hey, guys, I’m having a little trouble parking. | 各位 我不太好停车 |
[01:00] | Can’t imagine why. | 无法想象是为什么 |
[01:05] | See, now, if we had a phone booth, | 如果现在有电话亭 |
[01:06] | we could jump inside and pretend we don’t know her. | 我们就能跳进去 假装不认识她了 |
[01:15] | What ya got going on there? | 你在干什么 |
[01:16] | Oh, I need to hold on to the lumber when I make a turn, | 我转弯时必须扶着木材 |
[01:18] | and I got a splinter. | 结果被扎了 |
[01:20] | I’m gonna start wearing gloves when I drive. | 以后开车我会戴手套的 |
[01:22] | That’s your solution? | 这是你的解决方法吗 |
[01:23] | Yeah, mittens would make it too hard to change the radio. | 是的 戴连指手套没法换电台 |
[01:27] | Or perhaps the time has come to buy a truck. | 也许你是时候买皮卡了 |
[01:30] | Oh, she can’t afford a truck. | 她买不起皮卡 |
[01:32] | Whoa. Bonnie just said what the voice in my head said | 邦妮和我脑中的声音在同一时间 |
[01:33] | at the exact same time. | 说了同样的话 |
[01:35] | That means my voice is in your head. | 这意味着你脑中有我的声音 |
[01:37] | That’s a good thing. That saves lives. | 这是好事 能救命的 |
[01:40] | I bet you can afford it. You’re very cheap– | 我敢打赌你能买得起 你特别抠… |
[01:42] | I-I mean frugal. | 我是说节俭 |
[01:44] | I’m not sure I’m ready. | 我不确定我是否准备好了 |
[01:46] | I miss my red socks. | 我想念我的红袜子 |
[01:49] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:50] | Is she having a stroke? Do you smell toast? | 你中风了吗 你闻到烤面包味了吗 |
[01:52] | Wait, I smell toast. Am I having a stroke? | 等等 我闻到了 我中风了吗 |
[01:53] | No, we’re in a diner. Carry on. | 不 这里是餐厅 继续说 |
[01:57] | She steals my red socks | 她偷了我的红袜子 |
[01:59] | and puts them on the ends of 2x4s. | 挂在了2×4木板的后面 |
[02:01] | So people can see them sticking out of the car. | 这样人们就能看到车上伸出的木板了 |
[02:04] | If you don’t say the whole thing, I just sound crazy. | 如果你不把话说全 我听起来会像个疯子的 |
[02:08] | You know, well, I think you should go for it. | 我觉得你应该买车 |
[02:09] | Your business is doing so well. | 你的生意非常顺 |
[02:11] | Yeah, but I don’t want to be that cliché of a girl | 是的 但我不想当那种俗套女孩 |
[02:13] | who makes a little money and then blows it all on a truck. | 赚了点小钱 就全用来买皮卡 |
[02:16] | Tale as old as time. | 常见的俗套 |
[02:18] | No harm ever came from waiting. | 等待永远没错 |
[02:20] | Oh, I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[02:21] | I waited two years for Andy to be ready to get married, | 我等安迪准备结婚等了两年 |
[02:23] | and then he dumped me. | 结果他甩了我 |
[02:24] | Sure, I’m back out there dating again, | 当然 我又开始约会了 |
[02:26] | but Andy was a big ole waste of my dwindling ovary time. | 但安迪浪费了我已经在减少的排卵期 |
[02:28] | Get the damn truck before your dreams die. | 在你的梦想破碎之前快买皮卡吧 |
[02:32] | Sounds like you’re still holding on to some anger there. | 听起来你依然很愤怒 |
[02:34] | Why do you think I’m going to dance class every day? | 不然你以为我为什么每天去上舞蹈课 |
[02:36] | I’m working it out to Dua Lipa. | 我在听着杜阿·利帕发泄 |
[02:39] | I don’t know what that is, but I can’t wait. | 我不知道那是什么 但我等不及了 |
[02:43] | Uh, Tam, | 塔米 |
[02:43] | some guy’s walking down the street | 街上有个人走过去 |
[02:44] | with two pieces of wood wearing socks. | 拿着两块穿了袜子的木板 |
[02:46] | Uh, were they red? | 是红袜子吗 |
[02:47] | Oh, that cannot be a coincidence. | 这肯定不是巧合 |
[03:12] | Oh, I’m in love! | 我坠入爱河了 |
[03:13] | The club cab and the half-ton bed, | 双门驾驶室 半吨车厢 |
[03:15] | and it’s the perfect color. | 完美的颜色 |
[03:17] | Or is red slutty? | 红色放荡吗 |
[03:19] | On skirts, boots and bras, yes. | 红裙子 靴子和胸罩放荡 |
[03:20] | On trucks, not so much. | 红皮卡不放荡 |
[03:23] | Waiting for him to come back with an answer | 等他回来给我答复 |
[03:24] | is worse than waiting for the jury at my trial. | 比我在庭审时等陪审团还难受 |
[03:27] | I just want to buy it and hit a drive-through | 我只想快点买下它 作为新皮卡司机 |
[03:29] | as a first-time truck owner! | 开着它进免下车餐厅 |
[03:31] | I love your enthusiasm. | 我喜欢你的热情 |
[03:32] | Now shove it down. | 现在冷静点 |
[03:33] | Shoving. | 冷了 |
[03:35] | Talked to my sales manager. | 我和销售经理谈了谈 |
[03:36] | The price I quoted you is as low as he’ll let me go. | 我给你刚说的价格是他给的最低价 |
[03:39] | Okey doke, where do I sign? | 好 我在哪里签字 |
[03:40] | Uh, hold on a minute there, champ. | 稍等一下 猛女 |
[03:42] | Vincent, is it? Yeah. | 文森特 对吧 |
[03:44] | I checked Blue Book, and if you want to ask 20% over market, | 我看过汽车价目参考表 你想要高于市场价20% |
[03:46] | that’s fine. You deserve a living. | 没关系 你也要养家糊口的 |
[03:48] | But right now you’re at 30%. | 但现在你要的是30% |
[03:49] | So bring it down 2K or we walk. | 所以降个2000块 不然我们就走 |
[03:52] | I would love to, but my hands are tied. | 我很想降 但我无能为力 |
[03:54] | His hands are tied, Bon. | 他无能为力 邦妮 |
[03:56] | I’m not hearing what I want to hear, Vinny. | 我没听到想听到的回答 小文 |
[03:58] | And the Dodge dealership down the street | 街那头的道奇车店 |
[03:59] | has one of those blow-up guys. | 还有跳舞气球人呢 |
[04:03] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[04:04] | It’s time to go. | 该走了 |
[04:05] | Ugh, now this is exactly like my trial. | 现在跟我的庭审一模一样 |
[04:08] | All right, the best I can do without getting fired | 好 在不被炒的情况下 我只能 |
[04:10] | is to come down $1,500. | 降1500块了 |
[04:12] | I don’t know. The red is a little slutty. | 我说不好 红色的确挺放荡的 |
[04:14] | – $1,800. – Throw in floor mats and we got a deal. | -1800块 -加上地毯就成交 |
[04:16] | Deal. | 成交 |
[04:18] | That was a roller coaster! | 像坐过山车一样 |
[04:20] | All right, | 好了 |
[04:21] | let’s talk financing. | 来谈谈付款方式 |
[04:22] | This kid is just a handyman, | 这孩子只是个杂工 |
[04:23] | so she’s gonna need some easy terms. | 所以她需要特惠条款 |
[04:25] | No, no more negotiating. My heart can’t take it. | 不 不能再谈了 我的心脏受不了 |
[04:28] | This is why I don’t watch Shark Tank. | 所以我才从来不看《创智赢家》 |
[04:30] | All right, I got all the money right here. | 好了 钱我都带齐了 |
[04:33] | I’m so excited! | 我好激动 |
[04:34] | I’m so excited for you! | 我好为你激动 |
[04:36] | How the does Tammy have that much money? | 塔米怎么会这么有钱 |
[04:42] | Here we go. Five, six, seven, eight! | 开始 五六七八 |
[05:02] | Let’s go! | 燥起来 |
[05:21] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[05:21] | Folding our laundry. | 叠洗好的衣服 |
[05:23] | I thought I’d help by getting a load from the dryer. | 我想帮你从烘干机里取衣服回来 |
[05:26] | Huh, that’s very sweet. And I hesitate to say this | 你真好 我在犹豫该不该说出来 |
[05:28] | ’cause I’d like it to happen again, | 因为我希望你能再次这样做 |
[05:30] | but these are not our clothes. | 但这些不是我们的衣服 |
[05:32] | Then how did my undershirts get in here? | 那我的汗衫怎么会在这里 |
[05:35] | Yes, Adam, you’re the only man in the world | 是的 亚当 你是世界上唯一一个 |
[05:37] | who wears medium, white Fruit of the Loom T-shirts. | 穿中号白色鲜果布衣汗衫的男人 |
[05:40] | Tammy get the truck? | 塔米买到皮卡了吗 |
[05:41] | She did, she did. | 她买到了 |
[05:42] | Great. Can’t wait to see it. | 很好 我等不及看了 |
[05:44] | Paid for the whole thing in cash. | 用现金付了全款 |
[05:45] | – Smart move. – You’re missing the point. | -聪明的做法 -你错过了重点 |
[05:47] | Our friend who just spent seven years in prison for robbery | 我们因为抢劫蹲了七年监狱的朋友 |
[05:50] | paid for a truck entirely in cash. | 用现金付了皮卡的全款 |
[05:52] | Aren’t you wondering where she got it? | 你不好奇她是从哪里搞来的钱吗 |
[05:54] | No. | 不好奇 |
[05:55] | You also didn’t wonder why this was in our laundry, | 你也不好奇我们的衣服里为什么有这个 |
[05:57] | so you’re not a reliable wonderer. | 所以你不是个可靠的好奇宝宝 |
[06:00] | I can’t believe you’re suggesting | 我不敢相信你在暗示 |
[06:02] | that Tammy stole the money. | 塔米偷了钱 |
[06:03] | Either she’s a criminal or she’s doing better than I am. | 要么她是个罪犯 要么她过得比我好 |
[06:06] | I’m more comfortable with the first one. | 我更愿意接受前者 |
[06:08] | Well, I got bad news for you. | 我有坏消息要告诉你 |
[06:09] | She didn’t steal it. | 钱不是她偷的 |
[06:11] | She’s been working hard. | 她一直在辛苦工作 |
[06:12] | She does an eight-hour day as a handyman, | 她每天做八个小时杂工 |
[06:14] | then works a full shift at the bar. | 然后在酒吧工作一整晚 |
[06:16] | She’s earned it. | 她靠努力赚的 |
[06:21] | Are you disappointed? | 你失望了吗 |
[06:23] | Of course not. She’s my friend. | 当然没有 她是我朋友 |
[06:24] | I’m happy she’s doing well. | 我很高兴她过得好 |
[06:26] | Well, not happy, but I’m working very hard to tolerate it. | 我不高兴 但我在努力忍受 |
[06:29] | So you’re jealous. | 所以你是嫉妒了 |
[06:30] | I am not! | 我没有 |
[06:32] | Old Bonnie got jealous. | 老邦妮会嫉妒 |
[06:33] | New Bonnie is adjusting to the fact | 新邦妮在适应 |
[06:34] | that her friend who just got out of prison | 她刚出狱的朋友赚的 |
[06:36] | is making more money than either Bonnie could ever make. | 比新老邦妮都多这个事实 |
[06:39] | Well, I’m glad you’re not jealous. | 我很高兴你不嫉妒 |
[06:40] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:42] | New Bonnie is gonna return this laundry, | 新邦妮要去还这些衣服 |
[06:44] | including this very cute blouse | 包括这件非常可爱的上衣 |
[06:45] | that Old Bonnie would’ve kept | 换作老邦妮肯定会留下来 |
[06:46] | ’cause the color makes her eyes pop. | 因为这个颜色配她的眼睛 |
[07:03] | Bad, Old Bonnie. Bad. | 真坏 老邦妮 真坏 |
[07:10] | Hmm. This ride is surprisingly smooth | 以国产车来说 这辆车 |
[07:11] | for a vehicle made in this country. | 坐起来还真是出奇平稳 |
[07:13] | Ooh, I’m about to make a turn. Listen to this. | 我要转弯了 听好了 |
[07:18] | Isn’t that click awesome? | 这声音很棒吧 |
[07:19] | It’s got a strong beat. You could almost dance to it. | 很有节奏感 甚至能跟着跳舞 |
[07:22] | Oh, I bet you could, bless your heart. | 我敢打赌你可以 祝福你 |
[07:25] | Tammy, when you think of how far you’ve come | 塔米 想到你在这么短的时间里 |
[07:28] | in such a short time, it’s a miracle. | 进步了这么多 真是个奇迹 |
[07:31] | I mean, sure, I’ve seen people come into the program | 当然了 我见过很多人参加项目 |
[07:33] | and turn their lives around, but not with the speed you have. | 改变了自己的人生 但没有人像你一样快 |
[07:38] | My tushy is toasty. | 我的屁股好暖和 |
[07:40] | Seat warmers. I turned ’em on while you were praising me. | 座椅加温器 你在夸我的时候我打开了 |
[07:44] | From jail to seat warmers. | “从监狱到座椅加温器” |
[07:46] | Now, there’s the speech you give at local high schools. | 你应该在当地中学发表这段演讲 |
[07:50] | Maybe I should get a truck. | 也许我也该买辆皮卡 |
[07:53] | Why do you need a truck? | 你要皮卡做什么 |
[07:54] | This is America. | 这里是美国 |
[07:55] | You don’t have to need things to buy them. | 买东西不是非得有目的 |
[07:57] | What would you use it for? | 你要用它来做什么 |
[07:59] | Well, truck detectives, | 皮卡大侦探们 |
[08:01] | I am a building manager. | 我是个大楼管理员 |
[08:02] | I have oversized things in my life that need to be hauled. | 我生活中有不少需要运的大件 |
[08:05] | If I wanted a truck, I could get one. | 我想买皮卡就可以买 |
[08:06] | Not in all cash. Adam would have to help | 不是全用现金买 亚当得帮点忙 |
[08:09] | and we’d have to cancel Hulu and stop buying name-brand soup. | 我们得取消葫芦网会员 不再买大牌汤 |
[08:11] | Can we please just change the subject? | 我们能不能拜托换个话题 |
[08:14] | Sure thing. Hey, check out my new sound system. | 当然可以 听听我的新音响系统 |
[08:16] | If I turn the bass all the way up, | 如果我把低音调到最大 |
[08:18] | it feels like you’re getting a foot massage. | 感觉就像在做足底按摩 |
[08:22] | Put on a hip-hop station, | 换到嘻哈音乐台 |
[08:23] | you’ll see a whole new side of Wendy. | 你就能看到温蒂的全新一面 |
[08:30] | This just in: | 最新消息 |
[08:32] | I am jealous of Tammy. | 我嫉妒塔米 |
[08:35] | Super-duper jealous. | 非常嫉妒 |
[08:36] | No. Really? | 不 真的吗 |
[08:38] | Good news is, | 好消息是 |
[08:39] | Old Bonnie would’ve “Accidentally” Dumped coffee | 老邦妮会”不小心”把咖啡撒到 |
[08:41] | all over Tammy’s warm, buttery seats. | 塔米温暖舒适的座椅上 |
[08:43] | But New Bonnie bit her tongue so hard it bled a little. | 但新邦妮狠狠咬着舌头 甚至都咬出血了 |
[08:46] | Huh? Give it up. | 看吧 击个掌 |
[08:49] | For what, | 为什么击掌 |
[08:49] | acting like a human? | 因为表现得像个人吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah. Come on. Gimme. | 是啊 快点 击个掌 |
[08:52] | You don’t get a parade for just being a decent person. | 当体面人是不该被特别夸奖的 |
[08:56] | Then what’s the point of being a decent person?! | 那还当体面人干什么 |
[09:06] | Where’s Tammy? She’s supposed to be helping. | 塔米在哪 她应该帮忙的 |
[09:08] | She got a phone call about a job. | 她接到了一个工作电话 |
[09:10] | A job? What job? She got another job? | 工作 什么工作 她又有工作了吗 |
[09:12] | Yeah. Her first full kitchen. | 是的 她的第一单厨房整装 |
[09:15] | Cabinets, cupboards, floors, appliances… | 橱柜 碗柜 地板 电器… |
[09:18] | Yeah, I know what a kitchen is. | 我知道厨房是什么 |
[09:20] | Marjorie, quick and dirty: where’s my cash and prizes? | 玛乔丽 快问快答 我的现金和奖励呢 |
[09:23] | – What? – I’ve been sober longer, | -什么 -我戒瘾更久 |
[09:25] | but Tammy’s having all the success. What gives? | 但塔米获得了更多成功 为什么 |
[09:28] | Well, first of all, staying sober doesn’t guarantee | 首先 戒瘾并不一定会带给你 |
[09:31] | money and success. | 金钱和成功 |
[09:32] | Hang that on the door. | 你倒是把这句话挂门上啊 |
[09:33] | It’ll be a lot easier to find a seat in here. | 这样在里面就容易找到空位了 |
[09:36] | You could look at it this way: | 你可以这样想 |
[09:37] | your cash and prizes are being in a healthy marriage | 你的现金和奖励是有一段健康的婚姻 |
[09:40] | and repairing your relationship with your daughter. | 还有修复了和女儿的关系 |
[09:43] | Ugh, I’d rather have actual cash and prizes. | 我情愿要真正的现金和奖励 |
[09:48] | Would you? | 是吗 |
[09:50] | I would. | 是的 |
[09:51] | Being around Tammy makes me feel like a loser, | 在塔米身边让我觉得自己像个废柴 |
[09:54] | which makes me feel like a bad friend, | 这让我觉得自己是个糟糕的朋友 |
[09:56] | which makes me feel like I haven’t changed at all, | 从而又让我觉得自己一点也没变 |
[09:58] | which makes me feel like a loser. | 这让我觉得更废柴了 |
[09:59] | It’s a vicious cycle that could easily end | 这是个恶性循环 如果塔米遇上问题 |
[10:02] | if Tammy would just stop doing well. | 循环就能立刻终结 |
[10:04] | We get into trouble when we compare ourselves with other people. | 我们和别人进行比较 就会惹上麻烦 |
[10:08] | “Compare and despair.” | 比较就会绝望 |
[10:09] | Ooh, it rhymed. It must be true. | 很顺口 肯定是真理 |
[10:13] | Why don’t you just keep acting | 不如你继续表现得 |
[10:15] | like you’re happy for her, and eventually, | 为她高兴 最终 |
[10:17] | your feelings may catch up. | 你的感情可能会跟上 |
[10:19] | Doesn’t rhyme, not doing it. | 不顺口 我不做 |
[10:23] | Hey. I can’t wait for dance class. | 我迫不及待想上舞蹈课了 |
[10:25] | I bought a hat so I can do this. | 我买了顶帽子 这样我就可以做这个动作了 |
[10:28] | Oh. I didn’t think you’d want to go back. | 我以为你不想再去了 |
[10:32] | Why? ‘Cause I suck at it? | 为什么 因为我很糟糕吗 |
[10:33] | Well, I wasn’t gonna say it like that, but… | 我本来没打算这么说 但是 |
[10:36] | those are the words. | 就是这意思 |
[10:38] | That doesn’t matter. It was fun. | 没关系 那很好玩 |
[10:40] | Well, how can it be fun if you’re not good at it? | 如果你不擅长 那怎么还能好玩 |
[10:42] | It’s almost more fun. | 这样更好玩了 |
[10:43] | Like when a movie’s so bad, it’s good. | 就像是电影烂成了经典 |
[10:45] | I had Snakes on a Plane level fun in that class. | 在舞蹈课上我体验到了《空中蛇灾》的快乐 |
[10:48] | Oh, that is not how I roll. | 我不是这样的 |
[10:49] | If I’m not great at something, I’m out. | 如果我不擅长什么 我就会退出 |
[10:51] | One time I took a ceramics class, had a little trouble | 有次我上了陶艺课 前几分钟遇到了 |
[10:53] | in the first few minutes, and faked appendicitis and left. | 一点小问题 我就假装自己得了阑尾炎走了 |
[10:57] | That’s so sad. | 太惨了 |
[10:58] | I was faking. | 我装的 |
[11:01] | I just mean you miss out on a lot of life that way. | 我是说你这样会错过很多人生 |
[11:06] | Mm. If that was supposed to be a pep talk, | 如果那是想给我鼓气 |
[11:08] | that’s something else she sucks at. | 那她可太糟糕了 |
[11:11] | I got it. I got the job. | 我拿到了那份工作 |
[11:13] | That’s wonderful, honey. | 太棒了 亲爱的 |
[11:16] | There’s a problem, though. | 但是有个问题 |
[11:17] | Finally. | 终于来了 |
[11:18] | It starts Monday, so I have to finish the job | 这份工作周一开始 所以我得在接下来两天里 |
[11:20] | I’m on in the next two days. | 忙完手里的活儿 |
[11:22] | Who knows when I’ll sleep again? | 谁知道我什么时候才能睡 |
[11:23] | Say what you will about cocaine– it was helpful. | 随你怎么批评可卡因 但它的确有用 |
[11:27] | Well, sleep deprivation and power tools don’t sound | 睡眠不足和电动工具听起来 |
[11:30] | like a good combo. | 可不是好组合 |
[11:32] | Maybe there’s somebody who could help you. | 也许有人能帮你 |
[11:34] | Ow! I-I sure would like to help you. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[11:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:38] | Why would I say it if I didn’t mean it? | 如果我不是真心的 那我为什么要说这话 |
[11:39] | Awesome. I’ll pick you up at 6:00 A.M. | 太棒了 我明天早上六点来接你 |
[11:41] | Keeps getting better! | 越来越棒了 |
[11:42] | And you only have to call me “Boss” if you want to. | 你不想叫我”老板”就可以不叫 |
[11:45] | I hope you never get any of your red socks back. | 我希望你的红袜子永远也回不来了 |
[11:54] | This is gonna be some pantry. | 这个储藏室会很棒的 |
[11:56] | I hope one day I make enough money | 希望有天我赚了足够的钱 |
[11:57] | that my cereal can have its own bedroom. | 能让我的麦片也有自己的卧室 |
[12:00] | I’m worried we’re running behind. | 我很担心我们进度落后 |
[12:01] | Did you finish that shelf for the microwave? | 微波炉的架子装好了吗 |
[12:03] | I’m working as fast as I can, boss. | 我已经在尽快工作了 老板 |
[12:06] | Sorry. I’m stressed. It’s just that | 抱歉 我压力好大 只不过 |
[12:07] | I’m losing money on this gig. I totally underbid it. | 我干这活是赔本的 我开价太低了 |
[12:09] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要那样做 |
[12:11] | Well, my thought was, if I do jobs on the cheap, | 我想着 如果我收费低廉 |
[12:13] | and people like my work, they’ll recommend me to other people, | 人们喜欢我的工作 他们就会把我推荐给别人 |
[12:16] | and I’ll get more jobs. | 我就能获得更多工作 |
[12:17] | Where you’ll lose more money. | 这样你就损失更多钱了 |
[12:18] | That does seem to be the way it’s going, yes. | 现在的确是这样的发展趋势 |
[12:21] | Well, go tell the client it’s gonna cost more money. | 那就去告诉客户这要花更多钱 |
[12:23] | – I don’t want to be that guy. – Really? | -我不想那样 -真的吗 |
[12:25] | ‘Cause I love being that guy. | 因为我很乐意那样 |
[12:28] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[12:28] | You finish this, I’ll go talk to the client. | 你继续干活 我去和客户说 |
[12:31] | Okay, but please be nice. | 好吧 但是拜托和气点 |
[12:33] | Ugh. I’m always nice. | 我一直很和气 |
[12:34] | No, you’re not, which is why I’m saying, “Please be nice.” | 你才不是 所以我才说 拜托和气点 |
[12:43] | Look– it’s a bowl! | 瞧 我做成碗了 |
[12:44] | Now it’s a plate. | 现在成了盘子 |
[12:48] | I don’t know how I let you talk me into doing this again. | 我不知道我怎么被你说服再来一次的 |
[12:50] | I suck at it, and I’m getting all dirty. | 我好糟糕 而且搞得脏兮兮的 |
[12:53] | Can you get appendicitis twice? | 人能得两次阑尾炎吗 |
[12:56] | You know, this class is an hour, whether you have fun or not. | 不管你开不开心 这堂课都是一小时 |
[12:59] | And I’m just saying, this is a lot of muss and fuss | 我想说 在箱桶之家就能买到的玩意儿 |
[13:01] | for something I can buy at Crate & Barrel. | 做起来居然这么混乱 |
[13:04] | Jill, get over yourself. | 吉尔 醒醒吧 |
[13:06] | You’re not gonna be perfect at it. | 你不会做到完美的 |
[13:08] | Just enjoy the damn process. | 好好享受这个过程吧 |
[13:10] | Fine, but mostly ’cause you’re my ride. | 好吧 但主要是因为你载我来的 |
[13:19] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[13:21] | Here. Now give me a “Whoo.” | 给你 来欢呼一下 |
[13:24] | Don’t push it. | 适可而止吧 |
[13:30] | Can I say “Thank you” One more time? | 我能再说一次谢谢你吗 |
[13:32] | Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[13:34] | Sorry, that was four. | 抱歉 我说了四次 |
[13:35] | I’m just so excited. | 我只是好激动 |
[13:36] | Because of you, I’m gonna actually | 因为你 我会在这份工作中 |
[13:37] | make a profit on this job, and I’ve got a new truck, | 赚到钱 我还买了新皮卡 |
[13:40] | and another big job lined up after this. | 之后还有一份大活 |
[13:42] | Everything’s coming up Tammy. | 塔米一切顺利 |
[13:45] | It’s almost too much good luck for one person to have. | 对于一个人来说 你的好运有点太多了 |
[13:49] | They should make a movie about my miraculous turnaround. | 他们该拍一部关于我奇迹转变的电影 |
[13:52] | It could be called Everything’s Coming Up Tammy. | 电影可以叫《塔米一切顺利》 |
[13:54] | Well, I’d sure see that movie. | 我肯定会去看的 |
[13:58] | Oh. Damn it! Oh, my God. | 该死 天啊 |
[13:59] | I just spilled coffee all over your new truck. | 我把咖啡撒在你的新车上了 |
[14:01] | I’m sorry. I’m so, so, so sorry. | 对不起 真的很抱歉 |
[14:04] | I swear it was an accident. | 我发誓这是一场意外 |
[14:06] | Of course it was an accident. | 这当然是一场意外 |
[14:07] | Why would you do that on purpose? | 你为什么要故意这样做 |
[14:09] | Because deep down, I’m a terrible person! | 因为我内心深处是个大烂人 |
[14:13] | And really, it’s not even that deep down. | 表面上也好不到哪里去 |
[14:17] | Uh, what are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[14:19] | I have been so jealous of you | 从你买了这辆新车后 |
[14:21] | ever since you got this truck, | 我一直很嫉妒你 |
[14:22] | and you keep getting these amazing jobs, | 你接到了这些很棒的工作 |
[14:24] | and-and… and I don’t want | 我不想再说一次 |
[14:27] | to say “Everything’s coming up Tammy” again, | 塔米一切顺利了 |
[14:29] | but everything’s coming up Tammy! | 但是塔米的一切都好顺利 |
[14:33] | This is so weird. | 这真奇怪 |
[14:34] | I’ve always been so jealous of you. | 我一直都很嫉妒你 |
[14:36] | Well, that’s the way I liked it. | 我就喜欢那样 |
[14:40] | Bonnie, I’m still jealous of you. | 邦妮 我还是嫉妒你 |
[14:41] | I mean, you’re savvy and fearless | 你很博学 无所畏惧 |
[14:45] | and smart in a way I could never be. | 聪明机智 而我永远都做不到 |
[14:48] | Now you’re making me feel good about myself. | 现在你让我觉得自己很棒了 |
[14:49] | You’re even a better friend than I am. | 你还是个更好的朋友 |
[14:51] | Stop making it a competition. | 别搞竞争了 |
[14:54] | Look, we both have different strengths. | 我们有不同的长处 |
[14:56] | I mean, the way you negotiate– I could never do that. | 你很会协商 我就做不到 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I am pretty amazing. | 是啊 我很棒 |
[15:06] | I’m sorry I got so jealous. | 对不起我很嫉妒你 |
[15:08] | I guess it makes sense. | 这也讲得通 |
[15:10] | You’re the closest thing I have to a sister. | 你是我最亲的妹妹了 |
[15:12] | Aw, I feel the exact same way. | 我也有同感 |
[15:15] | Hey, could you grab some napkins out of the glove box? | 你能从杂物箱里拿几张纸巾吗 |
[15:17] | Yeah, I’m getting a little emotional, too. | 好 我也有点动感情 |
[15:19] | Actually, I need you to clean up that coffee before it sets in. | 其实我是想让你清理咖啡 免得它渗进去 |
[15:22] | Yes, yes. On it. Mm-hmm. | 好 我这就清理 |
[15:24] | Blot, don’t rub. | 吸干 别摩擦 |
[15:36] | Hey, Jill. What’s going on? | 吉尔 怎么了 |
[15:38] | Hey. Please excuse my appearance, but I knew | 请原谅我突然出现 但我知道 |
[15:41] | if I didn’t say this right away, I would never say it at all. | 如果我不立刻说出来 那我就永远不会说了 |
[15:45] | I’ve always believed | 我总是相信 |
[15:47] | that if something wasn’t perfect, it’s a failure. | 不完美就是失败 |
[15:50] | You know that stupid thing people say | 你知道人们说的那句蠢话吗 |
[15:52] | about the joy being in the journey? | 说什么乐趣是在过程中的 |
[15:55] | Well, it turns out, it’s kind of true. | 原来的确是这样 |
[16:00] | You and I weren’t a big, fat failure | 我们没有举行一场盛大的婚礼 |
[16:02] | just because we didn’t end up in a big, fat wedding. | 这并不代表我们的感情是彻底失败的 |
[16:04] | – Jill, I-I… – I promise | -吉尔 我 -我保证 |
[16:06] | I’m almost done. I just need to get this out. | 我快说完了 我必须说出来 |
[16:11] | You were my first sober relationship. | 你是我戒瘾后的第一个男友 |
[16:15] | We shared a lot of beautiful memories together, | 我们一起拥有很多美好的回忆 |
[16:19] | and I can actually remember ’em all because I wasn’t high. | 我全都能记起来 因为我没有磕嗨 |
[16:26] | I just wanted you to know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[16:27] | that I’m okay with what happened between us. | 我对我们之间发生的事释怀了 |
[16:30] | And I want you to have this to remember me by. | 我希望送你这份礼物 让你记住我 |
[16:35] | Think I was supposed to put that in some kind of special oven, | 我本该把它放进某个特殊的烤箱里 |
[16:37] | but I skipped that step. | 但我没做那一步 |
[16:40] | You were in pottery class. | 你去上陶艺课了 |
[16:42] | Thought your gardener quit again. | 我还以为你的园丁又辞职了 |
[16:44] | Oh. No. | 没有啦 |
[16:45] | I mean, well, he did, but that’s not what this is. | 他是辞职了 但跟这事无关 |
[16:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:51] | And, uh, yeah, for what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[16:54] | I-I-I… I think I messed up. | 我觉得是我搞砸了 |
[16:56] | You know, I-I… I knew you wanted to get married | 我知道你想结婚 |
[16:59] | and start a family, and I wasn’t sure I was ready. | 组建家庭 我不确定我准备好了 |
[17:02] | And, um… I’m-I’m just… | 我只是 |
[17:06] | I’m-I’m really sorry I wasted your time. | 很抱歉我浪费了你的时间 |
[17:09] | No, but that’s the thing. | 不 这就是问题所在 |
[17:13] | None of it was a waste. | 那一切不是浪费 |
[17:16] | Well, it wasn’t for me, either. | 我也觉得不是 |
[17:20] | Okay. Well, you take care of yourself. | 好 你好好保重 |
[17:24] | Mm. You, too. | 你也是 |
[17:26] | And thanks for the bowl. | 谢谢你的碗 |
[17:27] | – Ah, shoot. – no! | -该死 -不 |
[17:29] | Oh, wait. Now it’s a planter. | 等等 现在是花盆了 |
[17:42] | Come on! Come on! | 快过来 |
[17:44] | It’s not a funeral march! Step it up! | 这不是《葬礼进行曲》 快点 |
[17:47] | I don’t get what the hoopla is. | 我不知道有什么好激动的 |
[17:48] | We’ve all seen the truck. Whoo, whoo, shiny, shiny. I’m hungry. | 我们都见过皮卡了 真是闪闪发光 我饿了 |
[17:52] | Humor them, we’ll get to lunch faster. | 迎合她们吧 这样我们能更快吃上午餐 |
[17:54] | Okay, we have an announcement to make. | 我们有事情要宣布 |
[17:57] | – Uh, do you want to say it? – No, you say it. | -你想说吗 -不 你说吧 |
[17:58] | I think you should say it. | 我觉得你该说 |
[17:59] | Uh, this is not getting us to lunch faster. | 这样并不能让我们更快吃上午餐 |
[18:01] | – You go. – No, you go. You go. | -你说吧 -不 你说 |
[18:02] | For God’s sake, somebody go. | 拜托 谁赶紧说吧 |
[18:05] | Tammy and I are… | 塔米和我 |
[18:06] | Going into business together! | 要合伙做生意了 |
[18:07] | – Good for you guys! – That’s great. | -你们真棒 -太好了 |
[18:09] | You are gonna be awesome! | 你们会事业有成的 |
[18:11] | Doing what, exactly? | 具体是做什么呢 |
[18:12] | Construction! Well, I’m gonna handle the hammering and nailing part, | 建造 我负责锤钉子 |
[18:15] | and she’s gonna handle the businessy part. | 她负责处理生意上的事 |
[18:17] | We figure together, we’ll be unstoppable! | 姐妹联手 所向无敌 |
[18:20] | So, presenting… | 向你们介绍 |
[18:23] | That’s great! | 太棒了 |
[18:24] | Oh, I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[18:25] | Um, did you guys say that name out loud | 你们把这名字写在大磁铁上之前 |
[18:27] | before you put it on a big old magnet? | 有没有念出来过 |
[18:30] | What’s wrong with “TamBon”? | 塔邦怎么了[音似卫生棉] |
[18:32] | – Aw, crap! – I still don’t hear… | -糟了 -我还是不懂 |
[18:34] | Oh, I just got it. | 我刚懂了 |
[18:41] | All right, let’s spitball new names for our business. | 我们来给公司起新名字吧 |
[18:44] | What’s the first thing that comes to you | 你脑海里想到的第一个名字 |
[18:45] | off the top of your head? | 是什么 |
[18:46] | Chicks With Drills. | 钻机小妞 |
[18:48] | Okay, what’s the second? | 第二个呢 |
[18:49] | Chicks With Power Drills. | 电钻小妞 |
[18:50] | Getting stuck on a theme here. | 困在一个主题里了 |
[18:53] | Ladies Who Lumber? | 伐木女人怎么样 |
[18:55] | Sounds like we walk slow. | 暗示我们走得慢 |
[18:57] | Working Girls? | 上班女郎 |
[18:58] | I feel like we’re gonna get a lot of calls | 感觉打来电话的人 |
[18:59] | for the wrong thing. Mm… | 要的是别的服务 |
[19:03] | Boy, Hippity Hoppity Build Till You Droppity | 天啊 “建造造到你扑街” |
[19:05] | is sounding better and better. | 这名字感觉越来越不错了 |
[19:06] | – Gonna need a big magnet, though. – Yeah. | -那就需要一块大磁铁了 -是啊 |
[19:09] | How about “Two Gals Who Like Wood”? | “喜欢木棍[老二]的两个女孩”怎么样 |
[19:14] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[19:16] | Let me google it to see if anyone’s using it. | 我来查查有人用过没 |