时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Wow. Plunkendorf Construction | 天啊 普兰科多夫建筑公司 |
[00:04] | is actually open for business. | 真的开张了 |
[00:07] | Why do you sound surprised? | 你听起来为什么很惊讶 |
[00:08] | Because you and follow-through don’t always happen. | 因为你很少一件事做到底 |
[00:11] | Well, guess what, you and sex don’t always happen. | 你猜怎么着 你也要很少做爱了 |
[00:13] | Mom, Dad, I’m right here. | 爸妈 孩子还在场呢 |
[00:16] | This office really looks great. | 这个办公室真不错 |
[00:17] | Where did you get all this stuff? | 这些东西都是从哪弄的 |
[00:19] | Basement, street corner, your office at the bar. | 地下室 街角 你在酒吧的办公室 |
[00:22] | – What? – If you haven’t missed it by now, you’re not gonna. | -什么 -如果你现在还没注意到 以后也不会 |
[00:27] | My only question is how will Captain Kirk | 我唯一的问题是柯克船长 |
[00:28] | command the Enterprise without his chair? | 没了椅子怎么指挥企业号飞船 |
[00:32] | It’s good I have the chair, | 还好我有椅子 |
[00:33] | ’cause I won’t be sitting on you tonight. | 因为今晚我不会坐你身上 |
[00:35] | I think Plunkendorf Construction needs an HR department. | 我认为普兰科多夫建筑公司需要人力部门 |
[00:39] | Seriously, though, I’m super proud of you, babe. | 但说真的 我很为你骄傲 宝贝 |
[00:41] | I am proud, too. I mean, this is not some back-alley operation, | 我也很骄傲 这不是什么背街黑业务了 |
[00:44] | despite the fact I found this desk in a back alley. | 虽然这张桌子我是在背街里找的 |
[00:46] | Don’t ask what I found on top of it, | 别问我找到时上面有什么 |
[00:47] | just know it’s been fully sanitized. | 知道已经彻底消过毒就好了 |
[00:50] | Bonnie, get over here | 邦妮 过来 |
[00:51] | so Adam can take a picture of us with our sign. | 让亚当拍一张我们和标志的合照 |
[00:57] | Got it. | 好了 |
[00:58] | Nope, I just took a picture of myself. | 没好 我刚自拍了一张 |
[01:01] | Does my hair always look this crazy? | 我头发看起来总这么凌乱吗 |
[01:03] | – Yeah. – Yes. | -是的 -是的 |
[01:26] | Nice website. | 网站不错 |
[01:28] | You did this? | 你设计的吗 |
[01:29] | I did, with an assist from Felix. | 是的 在菲力克斯的协助下 |
[01:32] | Felix from the Tuesday night meeting? | 周二晚互助会的菲力克斯吗 |
[01:34] | Felix the fifth-grader who lives in our building. | 住在我们大楼里的五年级小学生菲力克斯 |
[01:37] | – Plunkendorf Construction? – Problem? | -普兰科多夫建筑公司 -有问题吗 |
[01:39] | No, that’s just how I say things when I like them. | 没有 我喜欢某样东西时就是这种语气 |
[01:43] | Hey, why is Jill’s kitchen on here? I didn’t do that. | 吉尔的厨房为什么在上面 这不是我做的 |
[01:45] | You put up a shelf. | 你做了个架子 |
[01:46] | It’s not even in the picture. | 架子不在照片里 |
[01:48] | Sure it is. | 当然在了 |
[01:48] | It’s right there on the edge. | 就在边角上 |
[01:50] | Squint. | 仔细看 |
[01:51] | Turn your head a little to the left, | 头往左一点 |
[01:52] | then move in a little closer. | 再靠近一点 |
[01:54] | See? Right there. | 看 在吧 |
[01:57] | W-When did you take this picture? | 这张照片是你什么时候拍的 |
[01:59] | I just bought those flowers yesterday. | 那花是我昨天买的 |
[02:01] | Wait, whose deck is that? | 等等 这个露台是谁做的 |
[02:03] | I don’t know, but a client will see it and want it to be theirs. | 我不知道 但客户看到会想做同款的 |
[02:05] | There’s a bunch of stuff on here I didn’t do. | 这里有很多东西都不是我做的 |
[02:07] | Yeah, that’s why it says “Photos of Work,” | 嗯 所以标题是”作品照片” |
[02:09] | not “Photos of Our Work.” | 而不是”我们的作品照片” |
[02:12] | And you could do all these things, right? | 这些东西你都能做出来 对吧 |
[02:14] | Well, of course. | 当然了 |
[02:15] | So I’m just showing off the future work of future you. | 所以我只是在展示你的未来作品 |
[02:18] | But it’s false advertising. | 但这是虚假广告 |
[02:19] | All advertising’s false. | 所有广告都是虚假的 |
[02:21] | You think drinking beer really gets guys laid? | 你真以为喝啤酒能泡到妞吗 |
[02:23] | It did when I drank it. | 我喝时就能泡到汉子 |
[02:27] | Check out the reviews section. | 看看评论区 |
[02:30] | “‘Tammy Diffendorf transformed my outdoor space | “塔米·迪芬多夫让我的室外空间改头换面 |
[02:33] | “And I couldn’t love it more.’ | 我真是太喜欢了” |
[02:34] | B. Scaggs.” Who’s that? | 波兹·斯加格斯 那是谁 |
[02:36] | Marjorie’s cat. | 玛乔丽的猫 |
[02:38] | Tammy built their catio. | 塔米给它们造了猫院 |
[02:39] | What’s a catio? | 猫院是什么 |
[02:40] | It’s an enclosed patio for cats, | 是一个封闭式猫咪庭院 |
[02:42] | so they can go outside without actually going outside. | 让它们在不出去的情况下体验户外 |
[02:45] | I don’t know why they can’t just go outside, | 我不知道为什么不直接放它们出去 |
[02:47] | but I enjoyed the project. | 但我喜欢这个项目 |
[02:48] | Once an indoor cat gets a taste of the wild, | 一旦家猫尝到了野外的滋味 |
[02:51] | then life in a nice house with a woman | 它们就不会再满足于 |
[02:53] | who loves them is no longer enough. | 与爱它们的女人在好房子里生活了 |
[02:57] | Well, at least it’s a job I actually did. | 至少这个活儿真是我做的 |
[02:59] | And I’m pretty sure Boz Scaggs does feel that way. | 我很确定波兹·斯加格斯真这样想 |
[03:02] | All right, here you go. Five spoons. | 好了 请用 五个勺子 |
[03:05] | Oh, make it four. I gave up sugar. | 四个就够了 我戒糖了 |
[03:07] | Don’t care. | 不在乎 |
[03:11] | What brought this on? | 为什么要戒糖 |
[03:13] | Well, I’ve just been craving it all the time, | 我总是想吃糖 |
[03:15] | and as a sober woman I don’t want to be beholden to anything. | 作为一个戒瘾的女人 我不想对任何东西上瘾 |
[03:18] | That’s great, Jill. That takes strength. | 真不错 吉尔 这是需要力量的 |
[03:20] | Aw, thanks, Tammy, you’re the best. | 谢谢 塔米 你最棒了 |
[03:22] | “‘Tammy is the best.’ | “塔米最棒了 |
[03:26] | Jill K.” | 吉尔·肯德尔” |
[03:31] | Arthur, I think you’ll find my partner Tammy | 亚瑟 你会发现我的搭档塔米 |
[03:33] | has some very creative ideas about turning | 对将这个通风良好的旧车库 |
[03:35] | this drafty old garage into a palace for your mother-in-law. | 为你岳母改造成豪宅有一些很有创意的点子 |
[03:38] | Look, all I know is I need her out of our guest room | 我只知道我要在有人割腕之前 |
[03:40] | before wrists are slit. | 将她赶出我们的客房 |
[03:43] | You’re funny, Arthur, I like you. | 你真搞笑 亚瑟 我喜欢你 |
[03:45] | I haven’t laughed since Lillian moved in. | 莉莲搬进来后我没再笑过 |
[03:48] | Look, I’d be fine with just tossing a mattress | 扔个床垫和便盆在这里 |
[03:49] | and a bedpan out here, but my husband’s an only child, | 我都能接受 但我丈夫是独生子 |
[03:52] | so this thing’s got to be perfect. | 所以这里必须很完美 |
[03:53] | Ugh, only children are the worst. | 独生子女最差劲了 |
[03:55] | And I’m allowed to say that | 我有权这么说 |
[03:56] | ’cause I am one and I have one. | 因为我是独生女 还生了个独生女 |
[03:58] | She sucks and she got it from me. | 她很差劲 我遗传的 |
[04:02] | You guys have done a garage conversion before, though, right? | 你们以前改造过车库吧 |
[04:04] | – Well, not exactly. – She means not exactly like this. | -其实没有 -她是说没有改造过这种的 |
[04:07] | But we just finished a big patio conversion. | 但我们刚完成了大庭院改造 |
[04:09] | We love converting things. | 我们最爱改造了 |
[04:12] | Well, I thought the pool house on your website was fantastic. | 我觉得你们网站上的泳池住宅太美了 |
[04:15] | That was quite the job. | 那活儿可真够辛苦的 |
[04:16] | Remember how hard it was finding hand-painted Portuguese tile? | 记得寻找手绘葡萄牙瓷砖有多难吗 |
[04:19] | Not as well as you do. | 没你记得那么清 |
[04:21] | Arthur, I’m gonna be honest with you. | 亚瑟 我要对你说实话 |
[04:24] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[04:25] | We are booked solid. | 我们的活儿都排满了 |
[04:26] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[04:27] | If we don’t get this on the schedule today, | 如果今天不能确定的话 |
[04:29] | we may not get to you till the end of the year. | 我们可能年底才有空 |
[04:31] | O-Okay, I’m in. | 好 我定了 |
[04:32] | Great, let’s talk design. | 很好 来聊聊设计吧 |
[04:33] | I’m guessing you don’t want a safety rail in the bathtub? | 我猜你不想给浴盆装安全栏杆吧 |
[04:35] | Could you make it extra slippery? | 能做得更滑点吗 |
[04:42] | Look at us go. | 看我们多厉害 |
[04:43] | Plunkendorf Construction is taking off like a rocket ship. | 普兰科多夫建筑公司像火箭一样起飞了 |
[04:46] | – Pow! – Hmm, I guess. | -砰 -我猜吧 |
[04:47] | You guess? | 你猜吧 |
[04:49] | We just got our first gig. | 我们刚拿下了第一份工作 |
[04:50] | Successful, photogenic women in a male-dominated field? | 成功上镜的女性 在一个男性主导的领域中 |
[04:53] | Oh, hold on. Hello? HGTV? | 等等 喂 家居与园艺电视台吗 |
[04:56] | Wow, we’d love to. | 天啊 我们很乐意 |
[05:01] | I guess I just wish you hadn’t exaggerated | 我想我只是希望你没有那么夸大 |
[05:02] | our experience so much. | 我们的资历 |
[05:04] | Hey, that’s the business side. | 这是业务方面的事 |
[05:05] | Stay in your lane. | 你别越线 |
[05:07] | And actually stay in your lane, you’re veering a little bit. | 真别越线 你有点偏了 |
[05:09] | Why can’t we be completely honest? | 我们为什么不能实话实说呢 |
[05:11] | You got to give people a reason to say yes. | 你必须给人们一个同意的理由 |
[05:13] | That’s how I became a building manager. | 我就是这样当上大楼管理员的 |
[05:15] | I embellished my credentials a skosh. | 我把资历美化了一点点 |
[05:17] | You told them you were an Air Force pilot. | 你告诉他们你是个空军飞行员 |
[05:19] | Yeah, and six years later, I’m still the manager | 嗯 六年后 我依然是管理员 |
[05:21] | and I’m great at it. | 而且干得极好 |
[05:22] | Well, I’m good at it. Nobody’s died. | 一般好吧 至少没死人 |
[05:26] | By my hand. | 没因为我死人 |
[05:27] | I mean, people die, I can’t change the laws of nature. | 人总会死 我又不能改变自然规律 |
[05:30] | Yet. | 暂时不能 |
[05:32] | The point isn’t whether or not I can do the job. I know I can. | 重点不是我能否完成工作 我知道我能完成 |
[05:35] | But in the program we talk about being rigorously honest. | 但在戒瘾项目中 我们说过要保持十分诚实 |
[05:37] | Yeah, I hear that, but we also talk about “Acting as if.” | 嗯 我知道 但我们也说过要”伪装” |
[05:41] | You know, “Fake it till you make it.” | “多伪装就可以成真” |
[05:42] | I mean, they wouldn’t have that many clever phrases | 他们是不会为某件错误的事 |
[05:44] | about something if it was wrong. | 编那么多机智短语的 |
[05:45] | Yeah, but I just feel like once we start lying, | 嗯 但我感觉一旦我们开始骗人 |
[05:47] | we’re never gonna stop. | 就永远停不下来了 |
[05:48] | Listen, the only way to get experience | 听着 得到资历的唯一途径是 |
[05:51] | is to have a real job. | 得到真正工作 |
[05:52] | And the only way to get a real job | 得到真正工作的唯一途径是 |
[05:53] | is to pretend to have experience. | 假装有资历 |
[05:55] | It’s the catch-22 around which the world spins. | 世界就是这样一个死循环[《第二十二条军规》] |
[05:58] | Yeah, I guess that’s kind of true. | 这倒是真的 |
[06:01] | And we’re not hurting anyone. | 我们没伤害任何人 |
[06:02] | Yeah. Considering who we used to be, that’s a big deal. | 对 鉴于我们以前的为人 这已经很了不起了 |
[06:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:09] | Hey, did you ever read that book? | 你读过那本书吗 |
[06:10] | – What book? – Catch-22. | -什么书 -《第二十二条军规》 |
[06:11] | That’s a book? Yeah, I read it. | 还有书吗 嗯 我读过 |
[06:20] | Well, I’m into week two of my sugar detox, | 这是我戒糖第二周 |
[06:21] | and my body hates me. | 我的身体恨死我了 |
[06:24] | I feel like a brittle old lady. Sorry, Marjorie. | 我感觉就像个易怒的老妇人 抱歉 玛乔丽 |
[06:27] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[06:30] | I’ve just been so irritable lately, | 我最近太暴躁了 |
[06:32] | and I keep telling myself everything’s gonna be okay. | 我一直在对自己说 一切都会好的 |
[06:35] | I mean, I have a roof over my head, | 我有遮风避雨的房子 |
[06:37] | I have a tennis court, I have a heated pool, | 我有网球场 我有恒温泳池 |
[06:39] | – I have a home theater… – Wrap it up, | -我有家庭影院 -说快点 |
[06:40] | they’re about to turn on you. | 她们要反目成仇了 |
[06:43] | I’m just saying, I have what I need. | 我只是想说 我应有尽有 |
[06:46] | But right now I’d punch a third-grader | 但现在我愿意为了一个水果卷 |
[06:48] | for a Fruit Roll-Up. | 去揍三年级小学生 |
[06:50] | That’s it. | 说完了 |
[06:52] | Who else would like to share? | 谁还想分享 |
[06:54] | – Tammy. – Tammy, alcoholic. | -塔米 -塔米 酒瘾者 |
[06:55] | – Hi, Tammy. – Things are going really well. | -塔米 -一切很顺利 |
[06:57] | Bonnie and I are starting a new business, | 邦妮和我开了新公司 |
[06:59] | and we’re already converting a garage into a granny flat. | 我们正在将一个车库改造成祖母套间 |
[07:02] | Which is a good solution when you’re living | 当你和难以相处的老妇人同居时 |
[07:04] | with a difficult elderly woman. | 这是一个很好的解决方法 |
[07:06] | Oh, sorry, Marjorie. | 抱歉 玛乔丽 |
[07:09] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[07:12] | I’m just so grateful to Bonnie. | 我非常感激邦妮 |
[07:13] | She showed me a whole new way of working. | 她教会了我工作的新方式 |
[07:15] | That’s what makes us such… such great partners, | 所以我们才是这么好的搭档 |
[07:18] | because she does things I couldn’t or wouldn’t do. | 因为她能做我做不到或不想做的事 |
[07:22] | Anyway, uh… | 总之 |
[07:26] | Things are going great. | 一切很顺利 |
[07:27] | Really great. Um… | 非常顺利 |
[07:29] | I wish I had more to say, but, um, I don’t. | 我希望我有更多可说的 但我没有 |
[07:31] | So, it’s just great. Thanks. | 很顺利啦 谢谢 |
[07:36] | Bonnie, alcoholic. Tammy already shared my share. | 邦妮 酒瘾者 塔米已经说了我想说的 |
[07:38] | Our business is thriving and I am amazing. | 我们的生意蒸蒸日上 我很了不起 |
[07:42] | Just feels so good to have finally found my calling. | 终于找到了使命的感觉真好 |
[07:45] | I was worried it wouldn’t happen before I kicked the bucket. | 我还担心我死前找不到呢 |
[07:47] | Sorry, Marjorie. | 抱歉 玛乔丽 |
[07:49] | I’ll share next. | 我下一个分享 |
[07:53] | Do you have a rash? | 你有疹子吗 |
[07:54] | – No, I’m great. – It looks like you have hives. | -没有 我很好 -看起来你有荨麻疹 |
[07:57] | Are you stressed out about something? | 你压力很大吗 |
[07:57] | I’m great. Can’t you tell when someone’s great? | 我很好 你看不出来别人很好吗 |
[08:03] | Hey, just checking in. | 只是来看看 |
[08:05] | How’s it going? You done yet? | 进展如何 完成了吗 |
[08:06] | Kidding. Not kidding. | 开玩笑的 没开玩笑 |
[08:08] | It’s awesome. I went six inches smaller | 非常好 我把浴室 |
[08:10] | on the bathroom to give your mother-in-law | 缩小了六英寸 以给你岳母 |
[08:12] | a little more closet space. | 更大的衣柜空间 |
[08:13] | Oh, great, more room for the witch to hang her broomstick. | 太好了 老巫婆有地方挂扫帚了 |
[08:16] | You mentioned she’s challenging. | 你说过她很难应付 |
[08:18] | I was thinking we should do a skylight. | 我觉得应该开个天窗 |
[08:20] | She can keep track of her flying monkeys | 这样她不用出门就能 |
[08:21] | without having to go outside.Ah. | 看到她的飞天猴 |
[08:23] | I’ve never done a skylight before. | 我从没有开过天窗 |
[08:25] | What about the one on your website? | 那你网站上那个呢 |
[08:26] | Oh, yeah. | 对哦 |
[08:28] | In the biz we call those… roof peepers.Oh. | 我们业内称之为…屋顶洞 |
[08:31] | Yeah, that’s why I said I’d never done one before. | 对 所以我才说我没做过 |
[08:33] | That’s the only reason. | 这是唯一的理由 |
[08:34] | So c-can you do that? | 所以你能做吗 |
[08:35] | Oh, yeah, absolutely. I’ve done one before, | 当然可以 既然我以前做过 |
[08:37] | I can do it again. | 就能再做一次 |
[08:38] | Also, I want her to be cozy in here | 我还想让她在这里很舒适 |
[08:39] | so she never comes in the house. | 这样她就永远不会进主屋了 |
[08:41] | Is there any way you could do a fireplace, | 你能做个壁炉吗 |
[08:42] | like this river rock one you did? | 就像你做的这个河石壁炉 |
[08:44] | Why are you so obsessed with my website? | 你对我的网站为什么这么执着 |
[08:47] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[08:48] | Oh, look at me. Do I look okay?! | 看看我 我看起来像没事吗 |
[08:49] | I’m scratching my back like a cartoon bear! | 我在像卡通熊一样挠背 |
[08:52] | Ew, you have hives. Are you allergic to something? | 你长荨麻疹了 你对什么东西过敏吗 |
[08:55] | Lies, Arthur. I’m allergic to lies. | 谎言 亚瑟 我对谎言过敏 |
[08:57] | Bonnie lied to you and I didn’t correct her, | 邦妮骗了你 我没纠正她 |
[08:59] | which is almost like lying. | 这基本等于骗人了 |
[09:00] | And just now I totally lied to you. | 而在刚才 我完全骗了你 |
[09:02] | I’ve never done a river rock fireplace or a skylight. | 我从来没有做过河石壁炉或天窗 |
[09:05] | By the way, no one calls them roof peepers. | 顺便说一句 没人叫那玩意儿屋顶洞 |
[09:07] | That was a total lie, too. | 那也是彻底的谎言 |
[09:09] | But here’s the truth: I’m very good at what I do, | 但这是真相 我很擅长装修 |
[09:11] | I just don’t have as much experience as we said. | 我只是不像我们说的那样经验丰富 |
[09:18] | God, I feel so much better. | 天啊 我感觉好多了 |
[09:19] | Honesty really is the best policy. | 诚信至上 |
[09:24] | Right? | 对吧 |
[09:27] | No. | 不 |
[09:28] | I won’t go higher than $279 a square foot. | 我开的价不会高于每平方英尺279美元 |
[09:33] | Smart move, Bob. | 明智 鲍勃 |
[09:34] | ‘Cause we’re gonna be busy and that means you’re gonna be busy. | 因为我们会很忙 那就代表你也会很忙 |
[09:38] | Hey, I’m getting us a great deal on vinyl flooring. | 我帮我们买到了很划算的乙烯基地板 |
[09:41] | I told Arthur the truth and we got fired. | 我告诉了亚瑟真相 我们被炒了 |
[09:44] | Bob, I’m gonna call you back. | 鲍勃 回头聊 |
[09:50] | This phone cord just saved your life. | 这根电话线救了你的命 |
[09:58] | I can’t believe you got us fired. | 难以置信你害我们被炒了 |
[10:00] | Why the hell would you tell the truth? | 你为什么要说实话 |
[10:01] | I’m just not as comfortable with lying as you are. | 我不像你那样习惯说谎 |
[10:04] | Well, you’re not gonna get any better if you don’t practice. | 如果你不练习 那就没法长进 |
[10:07] | Do you hear yourself? What is happening? | 你听见自己说的话了吗 怎么回事 |
[10:09] | God, you’re such a goody two-shoes. | 天啊 你真是自命清高 |
[10:11] | You haven’t changed since we were in foster care. | 从我们在寄养家庭开始你就从没变过 |
[10:13] | You haven’t, either. You bullied me into doing bad stuff then, | 你也是 你当时就逼我做坏事 |
[10:15] | and you’re doing it again now. | 你现在又在这样做 |
[10:16] | I can’t operate this way. | 我不能这样做 |
[10:18] | I don’t want to be sleazy and scammy. | 我不想当个低劣和欺骗的人 |
[10:22] | Well, at least I’m not naive | 至少我不天真 |
[10:23] | and spineless and afraid to stand up for myself. | 懦弱 害怕站出来维护自己 |
[10:26] | I’m standing up for myself right now. | 我现在就在维护自己 |
[10:28] | You know what? Maybe us working together isn’t such a good idea. | 知道吗 也许我们合作不是个好主意 |
[10:30] | That’s the first honest thing you’ve said | 这是自从我们开公司以后 |
[10:32] | since we started this whole operation. | 你说的第一句实话 |
[10:33] | Good. Then I guess we’re done. | 很好 那就散伙吧 |
[10:35] | I guess we are! | 行啊 |
[10:39] | Damn, I put this up really good. | 该死 我钉得很牢固 |
[10:42] | Just imagine I took it off, | 想象一下我把它扯了下来 |
[10:43] | threw it on the floor and spit on it! | 扔在地板上 然后吐了口水 |
[10:50] | Honey, we can set up the cookie table | 亲爱的 我们可以摆饼干 |
[10:52] | if being around the treats is too hard for you. | 如果待在零食旁边对你来说太困难 |
[10:54] | Oh, no. The bad part of my sugar detox is over | 不用 戒糖的坏处结束了 |
[10:57] | and the good part’s kicked in. | 好处开始了 |
[10:59] | My head’s clear, my skin’s clear, my pee’s clear. | 我头脑清醒 皮肤干净 尿液透明 |
[11:01] | Everything’s clear. | 一切都很棒 |
[11:02] | That sounds fantastic. At least, I think it does. | 听起来太棒了 至少我觉得是 |
[11:05] | Wendy, does the pee thing sound okay to you? | 温蒂 你觉得她的尿液正常吗 |
[11:07] | I’d have to see it. | 我得亲眼看看 |
[11:09] | Well, I’m so proud of myself | 我真为自己骄傲 |
[11:10] | I am this close to showing it to you. | 还差这么一点就给你看了 |
[11:20] | Have you two talked yet? | 你们说过话吗 |
[11:21] | No, and I don’t intend to until she admits she’s wrong. | 没有 我不想说 除非她承认自己错了 |
[11:24] | So I guess this is the rest of our lives. | 我想我们这辈子都是这样了 |
[11:26] | I can’t handle this rift between Bonnie and Tammy. | 邦妮和塔米之间的不和让我无法应对 |
[11:28] | What happens at the Bistro? | 在咖啡馆怎么办 |
[11:30] | What happens to our happy little group? | 我们快乐的小团队怎么办 |
[11:32] | Oh, sweetie, they just need time to calm down. | 亲爱的 她们只是需要时间冷静 |
[11:34] | It’s gonna be fine. | 会没事的 |
[12:19] | This is why I prefer cats. | 所以我更喜欢猫 |
[12:30] | You okay over there? | 你还好吗 |
[12:31] | Ah, not really. | 不大好 |
[12:33] | But I don’t want this to be awkward. | 但我不想尴尬 |
[12:34] | I know the person I’m fighting with is your wife, | 我知道我在跟你老婆吵架 |
[12:36] | but don’t worry, that’s out there, | 但是别担心 那是酒吧外的事 |
[12:38] | this is in here. | 酒吧里是另一回事 |
[12:39] | I appreciate that, | 我很感激 |
[12:40] | because I really don’t want to be in the middle. | 因为我可不想夹在中间 |
[12:41] | Oh, I’m so glad we’re on the same page with our boundaries, | 我很高兴我们能在界限上达成共识 |
[12:43] | ’cause I wouldn’t want to do anything | 因为我不想做 |
[12:44] | that makes you uncomfortable. | 任何让你不舒服的事 |
[12:45] | And I don’t want to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. | 我也不想做任何让你不舒服的事 |
[12:48] | You’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[12:51] | Unlike your wife, who’s the worst. | 不像你老婆 她最烂了 |
[12:54] | Knew that wouldn’t last. | 我就知道你坚持不了多久 |
[12:56] | Okay, we can talk about it, but let’s set a timer. | 好吧 我们可以谈谈 但我要设定时器 |
[13:00] | And… go. | 开始 |
[13:02] | Okay, here’s my question: | 我有个问题 |
[13:03] | why does she have to be the way she is? | 她为什么非得这样 |
[13:05] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[13:06] | Just adding more time. | 我要增加时间 |
[13:09] | Look… | 听着 |
[13:10] | I find that when Bonnie does something that’s… | 我发现当邦妮做了 |
[13:15] | Wrong? Bad? Evil? | 错事 坏事 罪事 |
[13:17] | Let-Let’s say “Iffy.” | 还是说不太好的事吧 |
[13:19] | Rather than focus on what she did, I step back | 我不会把注意力放在她做了什么事上 |
[13:23] | and think about what she was trying to do. | 而是后退一步 考虑她想做什么 |
[13:25] | And every time… | 每次 |
[13:28] | Almost every time… | 几乎每次 |
[13:31] | her motives are nothing but pure. | 她的动机都是纯粹的 |
[13:34] | Almost nothing but pure. | 几乎都是纯粹的 |
[13:36] | She’s-she’s acting out of love. | 她这样做是出于爱 |
[13:40] | I-I know for sure | 我敢肯定 |
[13:42] | that she didn’t want to hurt your business. | 她也不想损害你的生意 |
[13:44] | It meant everything to her. | 这对她来说意义重大 |
[13:45] | And because of how much she loves you, | 因为她很爱你 |
[13:47] | and how much she wanted it to succeed, | 很希望生意成功 |
[13:50] | she didn’t see the other stuff. | 她看不到别的东西 |
[13:52] | Yeah, but that’s just the thing, I can’t lose sight | 这就是问题所在 我没法忽略 |
[13:54] | of the other stuff, not even for a minute. | 别的东西 一刻也不行 |
[13:56] | I mean, I’ve been to prison and I’m constantly terrified | 我蹲过监狱 我一直都害怕 |
[13:59] | I’m gonna go back. | 我会重回大牢 |
[14:00] | Like, any time I hear a siren, I just assume it’s for me. | 每次我听到警笛 都以为是来抓我的 |
[14:03] | Even if it’s on TV and it’s British. | 就算是电视上的英国警笛 |
[14:05] | You know… | 是这样的 |
[14:08] | Tammy, you’ve come so far from that. | 塔米 你离监狱很远了 |
[14:11] | Yeah, but I-I’m afraid if I do one dishonest thing, | 是啊 但我担心如果我做一件不诚实的事 |
[14:13] | I’m gonna get sucked right back into that life. | 就会重新过上那种生活 |
[14:15] | Is that why you tell me every single time | 这就是你每次偷吃洋葱圈 |
[14:17] | you take an onion ring? | 都会告诉我的原因吗 |
[14:18] | Hey, it’s a slippery slope, my friend. | 这是个滑坡 我的朋友 |
[14:19] | Today it’s an onion ring, tomorrow I’m knocking over | 今天是洋葱圈 明天我就去抢 |
[14:21] | a boat dealership. | 船只经销商了 |
[14:26] | It’s hard, because my relationship with Bonnie | 这很难 因为我和邦妮的关系 |
[14:28] | is so complicated. | 非常复杂 |
[14:30] | In some ways she’s like a sister, | 有时她像姐姐 |
[14:31] | in others she’s like a parent. | 有时她像家长 |
[14:37] | You know, when my dad killed my mom, my… | 我爸杀了我妈时 我的 |
[14:39] | Oh, well, back to work. | 好 继续工作 |
[14:41] | Uh, y-y… Tammy, you can finish your thought. | 塔米 你可以说完的 |
[14:43] | Nope, a boundary’s a boundary. | 不行 定好了时间的 |
[14:44] | I got to go change the urinal cakes. | 我得去换卫生间的芳香剂了 |
[14:49] | Well, Gus, I suppose you’re happy | 格斯 我想你很高兴 |
[14:51] | this business didn’t work out. | 我的生意没成功 |
[14:53] | You’ve had your eye on this room all along. | 你一直都盯上了这个房间 |
[14:57] | Any reason you need 350 pens? | 你需要350支钢笔吗 |
[15:00] | Went a little crazy at Staples. | 在史泰博文具店有点疯狂 |
[15:10] | Chair, I’m gonna miss you most of all. | 椅子 我最怀念的就是你 |
[15:17] | Hey, there. | 好啊 |
[15:18] | Maybe if I spin the other way she’ll disappear. | 也许我反过来转她就会消失 |
[15:22] | I just thought you might like a sympathetic someone | 我只是想着 你也许希望一个富有同情心的人 |
[15:25] | to listen to your troubles. | 聆听你的烦恼 |
[15:26] | I got to start locking my front door. | 我得开始锁前门了 |
[15:29] | You spent the entire meeting looking out the window, | 整场会议时你都在往窗户外看 |
[15:32] | and even for you, it was immature. | 即使是对你来说 这也太不成熟了 |
[15:34] | Even for you, it was immature. | 即使是对你来说 这也太不成熟了 |
[15:38] | Guess driving over here was a waste of gas. | 看来开车过来只是在浪费汽油 |
[15:42] | I know you guys think I’m bulletproof, | 我知道你们觉得我铁石心肠 |
[15:43] | but I’m not, I do have feelings, | 但我不是 我是有感情的 |
[15:45] | and Tammy hurt all of them. | 塔米深深地伤害了我的感情 |
[15:47] | She called me a scammer and a liar. | 她说我是骗子 |
[15:49] | And maybe that’s all I am. | 也许我就是骗子 |
[15:51] | But now our business is done, our friendship is done | 但现在我们的生意完了 我们的友谊完了 |
[15:53] | and this conversation is done. | 我跟你的对话也完了 |
[15:55] | I trust you can see yourself out, | 我相信你自己能出去吧 |
[15:57] | since you broke in in the first place? | 毕竟你也成功闯进来了 |
[15:59] | Good day. | 日安 |
[16:01] | Damn it, this chair is too good. | 该死 这椅子太棒了 |
[16:05] | I think you lied because, most of your life, | 我觉得你撒谎的原因是 在你的一生中 |
[16:08] | that was necessary for survival. | 那都是生存的必要条件 |
[16:11] | That level of hustle served you for a long time. | 很长一段时间里 欺骗都对你有用 |
[16:15] | As an abandoned child, as a single mom, | 作为被抛弃的孩子 单身妈妈 |
[16:18] | but it’s not serving you anymore. | 但现在不再适用了 |
[16:20] | It’s actually getting in your way. | 而是在阻碍你 |
[16:21] | But it does serve me. I got us a great job. | 但它的确适用 我为我们接了份好工作 |
[16:23] | You know, we’re not up against sober, | 我们面对的不是戒瘾的 |
[16:25] | rigorously honest contractors. | 严格诚实的承包商 |
[16:27] | If we didn’t play as dirty as everyone else, | 如果我们不像别人那样耍阴招 |
[16:29] | we’d never get anywhere. | 那就会一事无成 |
[16:31] | Oh, that is a crock of you-know-what. | 那真是胡说八道 |
[16:34] | You didn’t even try | 你都没有尝试 |
[16:36] | to do it differently. | 用不同的方法 |
[16:37] | You went straight to your old ways. | 你直接用之前的方法了 |
[16:40] | Oh, Bonnie, you don’t need to trick anybody | 邦妮 你没必要欺骗别人 |
[16:43] | into wanting to work with you. | 跟你合作 |
[16:45] | You’re perfectly capable of landing jobs with integrity, | 你完全有能力诚实地谈成项目 |
[16:48] | because you are a smart, talented badass who– | 因为你是个聪明有才的厉害人物 |
[16:52] | and I’m not being sarcastic– is great with people. | 我不是讽刺你 你还很擅长与人打交道 |
[16:59] | Okay, you can stay. | 好吧 你可以留下 |
[17:12] | – Who is it? – It’s Tammy. | -是谁 -塔米 |
[17:14] | When did you start locking your front door? | 你什么时候开始锁前门了 |
[17:17] | Just something I’m trying. | 我就是在试试 |
[17:22] | Can you open it? | 你能开门吗 |
[17:26] | I’m not punishing you, but no. | 我不是在惩罚你 但是不行 |
[17:29] | All right, well, I guess I’ll start. | 好吧 那我先说 |
[17:31] | I don’t like fighting with you. | 我不喜欢跟你吵架 |
[17:33] | Nobody does. I’m very good at it. | 没人喜欢 我很擅长的 |
[17:38] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[17:39] | I don’t like fighting with you, either. | 我也不喜欢跟你吵架 |
[17:43] | Look… | 听着 |
[17:45] | you’re the best friend I’ve ever had, | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[17:48] | and I put you in a position where you had to lie, | 我害你必须撒谎 |
[17:50] | and that wasn’t fair. | 那不公平 |
[17:52] | Bottom line, our friendship is worth more to me | 底线是 对我来说 我们的友谊 |
[17:56] | than anything, and I’m sorry I jeopardized that. | 比任何事都重要 抱歉 我危及了我们的友谊 |
[17:59] | I… I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:03] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[18:08] | I came in through the back door. | 我从后门进来了 |
[18:09] | You know, most burglars will think of that. | 大部分窃贼都会想到 |
[18:12] | Here, you grab the top, I’ll grab the wheels. | 你抬上面 我抬轮子 |
[18:14] | Great… I got… | 好 我 |
[18:20] | We do work well together. | 我们合作得很好 |
[18:23] | I… | 我 |
[18:24] | I’m sorry I screwed everything up. | 抱歉我搞砸了一切 |
[18:28] | I’m willing to try again, | 我愿意再试一次 |
[18:29] | but we have to have some ground rules. | 但我们得有基本规则 |
[18:30] | Sure. | 行 |
[18:32] | Okay, rule number one: don’t lie. | 第一条规则 别撒谎 |
[18:35] | Number two… | 第二条 |
[18:37] | No, there’s just the one. | 只有一条 |
[18:39] | All right, here’s mine. | 好 这是我的规则 |
[18:41] | Hug me. | 抱我 |
[18:45] | And never sit in my chair again. | 再也不要坐我的椅子 |
[18:50] | And being dishonest was all me. | 说谎的只有我一个人 |
[18:53] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[18:55] | We did not start this business 11 years ago. | 我们不是在11年前开业的 |
[18:58] | In fact, at that time, Tammy was in prison | 实际上 那时候 塔米还在监狱 |
[18:59] | – and I was drunk somewhere in South America. – Too much. Too much. | -而我在南美洲烂醉如泥 -说太多了 |
[19:02] | God, you really have me dancing on a wire here. | 天啊 你真是让我好难办 |
[19:05] | So, what do you think? We good? | 你觉得呢 我们没事了吗 |
[19:07] | I don’t know. I mean, once trust is broken, | 我不知道 一旦信任遭到破坏 |
[19:09] | it’s really hard to get it back. | 就真的很难重建了 |
[19:11] | I’ll throw in a free skylight. | 我送你免费天窗 |
[19:12] | And I’ll take your mother-in-law to a two-hour lunch | 项目完成后 我每周带你岳母 |
[19:14] | once a week until this project’s finished. | 去吃一次两小时午餐 |
[19:16] | – Four hours twice a week, and you have a deal. – Done. | -一周两次吃四小时 那就成交 -好 |
[19:19] | Wait, did you say prison? | 等等 你刚说监狱了吗 |
[19:20] | No. | 没有 |
[19:29] | – Pass the ketchup, partner. – You got it, partner. | -把番茄酱递过来 搭档 -没问题 搭档 |
[19:32] | I told you they’d work it out. | 我就跟你说她们会解决的 |
[19:34] | How’s your soup, Lillian? | 你的汤怎么样 莉莲 |
[19:35] | Carnegie Deli it’s not. | 比卡内基美食餐差远了 |
[19:40] | I don’t know, I like her. | 我不知道 我喜欢她 |
[19:43] | Anybody save room for dessert? | 有人想吃甜点吗 |
[19:44] | Mmm. I’ll take a hot fudge sundae. | 我要巧克力奶油圣代 |
[19:46] | You told me if you tried to order sugar, | 你跟我说过如果你点含糖食物 |
[19:47] | – I should say no. – Oh, that’s over. | -我该拒绝 -那结束了 |
[19:49] | Okay, but I’m not giving the $20 back. | 好吧 但我不会还你20块的 |
[19:50] | Anybody else? | 还有谁 |
[19:51] | – Spoons all around. – Like hell. | -多拿几把勺子 -不行 |
[19:53] | Bring them their own. | 让她们自己点 |
[19:55] | I thought you were feeling great. | 我还以为你心情很好 |
[19:57] | Oh! Never better. But an unfortunate side effect | 从没更好过 但有个不幸的副作用 |
[20:00] | is I’ve lost five pounds, | 我减了五磅 |
[20:01] | and it all came from the balcony. | 全减在胸上 |
[20:02] | So, welcome back, sugar. | 所以欢迎回来 糖份 |
[20:05] | Smart. A solid rack | 聪明 挺立大胸 |
[20:07] | will get you married. | 搞定老公 |
[20:11] | Will you be my mom? | 你愿意当我妈妈吗 |