时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | 梅休因之家 女孩孤儿院 | |
[00:13] | You should have seen yourself. | 你真该看看自己 |
[00:16] | Up on that stool, floating around up there, | 站在凳上 目光迷离 |
[00:20] | Deardorff just hollering at you. | 迪尔多夫不停地喊你 |
[00:23] | It felt funny. | 感觉很奇妙 |
[00:24] | Shit. | 可不嘛 |
[00:26] | I bet it felt good. | 肯定感觉好 |
[00:30] | What you gonna do at night? | 你今晚干什么 |
[00:33] | I’m gonna stay awake as long as I can, reading my book, | 打算尽可能熬夜 看书 |
[00:37] | learning the Sicilian Defense. | 学习西西里防御 |
[00:42] | There’s 57 pages about it in the book, | 这个开局书里写了57页 |
[00:45] | with 170 lines stemming from P to QB4. | 光是兵移到后翼象线第四格就有170多种变化 |
[00:50] | I’m gonna memorize them and play through them all in my mind. | 我要全部记住 然后在脑子里下一边 |
[00:54] | Poor mind. | 可怜的小脑袋 |
[00:57] | Ladies, don’t run! | 姑娘们 别跑 |
[00:59] | No shoving! | 别推推搡搡 |
[01:22] | Mr. Shaibel? | 夏贝先生 |
[01:28] | They won’t let me play anymore. | 他们不让我下棋了 |
[01:33] | I’m being punished. | 我被惩罚了 |
[01:36] | Please… | 求你了 |
[01:39] | can you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[01:50] | I wish I could play more with you. | 我希望能跟你多下下棋 |
[02:12] | For crying out loud, what you still doing in bed? | 见了鬼了 你们还在床上干什么 |
[02:14] | You’re gonna miss breakfast. | 要错过早餐了 |
[02:41] | Morning, cracker. | 早上好 小姑娘 |
[02:48] | You don’t wanna miss another delicious breakfast, do you? | 你不会想再错过美味的早餐 对吧 |
[02:52] | Been dreaming about it. | 我都梦了一夜了 |
[03:18] | Wonder who they’re here for. | 不知道他们要接走谁 |
[03:48] | 后翼弃兵 第二集 | |
[03:55] | Hi, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[04:04] | – Are you trying to piss her off? – I had to take a shower. | -你要惹她生气吗 -我得先洗澡 |
[04:06] | Go on in, then. | 赶紧进去 |
[04:09] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[04:17] | They seem like nice people. | 他们看起来像好人 |
[04:27] | I’m told, Elizabeth, that you turned 13 just last month. | 我听说伊丽莎白 你上个月刚13岁 |
[04:31] | Actually, I’m fift– | 其实我已经… |
[04:35] | Yes, that’s right, I’m 13. | 对 没错 我13岁 |
[04:39] | Such a wonderful age. | 花季少女 真好 |
[04:41] | Elizabeth has performed well in all of her schoolwork. | 伊丽莎白的所有课业都遥遥领先 |
[04:44] | She is at the top of her class in reading and arithmetic. | 她在班上阅读和算术第一 |
[04:48] | That’s very impressive. | 真厉害 |
[04:50] | Beth is also a very strong student in science and geography, | 贝丝在科学和地理上也很优秀 |
[04:54] | and has been kindly assisting Miss Lonsdale with chapel, | 过去几年一直在热心帮助朗斯代尔小姐 |
[04:57] | for several years now. | 打理礼拜堂 |
[04:59] | She is the model Methuen girl. | 她是位模范梅休因女孩 |
[05:02] | I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[05:06] | I will leave you three to get acquainted. | 我让你们三人熟悉一下 |
[05:21] | They call you Elizabeth? | 他们叫你伊丽莎白 |
[05:24] | Or is it Betty? | 还是贝蒂 |
[05:41] | You should go pack. | 你该回去了 |
[05:59] | I can’t find my book. | 我找不到书了 |
[06:01] | Which book we talking about? You read like a hundred of them. | 你说哪本书 你读的书有一百多本 |
[06:04] | Modern Chess Openings. | 《现代象棋开局》 |
[06:07] | Beats the shit out of me. | 我哪知道 |
[06:11] | I left it right here. | 我就放在这里了 |
[06:13] | – You didn’t see it, did you? – Watch who you go accusing. | -你没看到 对吧 -说话小心点 |
[06:17] | I got no use for no book like that. | 那种书对我来说没用 |
[06:20] | Anyway, you don’t need no book. | 再说你也用不着书 |
[06:22] | Just say, “Yes, sir,” and “Yes, ma’am,” and you’ll do all right. | 只需要说”好 先生””好 女士” 一切都会好的 |
[06:26] | Tell them you’re grateful to be in a Christian home like theirs. | 说你很感激能被他们那样的基督教家庭领养 |
[06:31] | Maybe they’ll put a TV in your room. | 或许他们会在你的房间装电视 |
[06:36] | Jolene? | 乔琳 |
[06:42] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:44] | About what? | 干什么道歉 |
[06:47] | That you didn’t get adopted. | 你没能被领养 |
[06:53] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[06:55] | I make out just fine right here. | 我在这住着就很好 |
[07:14] | Be a good girl, Elizabeth. | 你乖乖的 伊丽莎白 |
[07:23] | Off we go! | 我们走吧 |
[07:45] | We’re so glad to have an older child. | 我们很高兴有个年纪较大的孩子了 |
[08:39] | Shall We? | 进屋吧 |
[08:57] | Home sweet home. | 到家了 |
[09:08] | Those are Rosa Bonheur prints. | 那些是罗莎·博纳尔的画 |
[09:12] | Not originals, of course. | 当然不是原作 |
[09:17] | Do you like animals? | 你喜欢动物吗 |
[09:19] | I do, I love them. | 我非常喜欢 |
[09:20] | Allston is allergic to most pet dander, though, | 但是奥斯顿对多数宠物过敏源都过敏 |
[09:22] | so I’m not allowed to– – | 所以我不能养 |
[09:29] | I bet you’d like to see your room. | 你肯定想看看自己的房间吧 |
[09:36] | This is the master bedroom, where Allston and I sleep. | 这是主卧 奥尔顿和我睡在这 |
[09:42] | Over here is the bathroom, | 这边是厕所 |
[09:45] | and this is you. | 这是你的房间 |
[10:02] | You have no idea how hard it is to find good maple furniture. | 你都不知道现在找枫木制的好家具有多难 |
[10:05] | This is all mine? | 这些都是我的吗 |
[10:07] | Of course it’s all yours. | 当然都是你的 |
[10:09] | The whole room? | 整个房间 |
[10:11] | The whole room. | 整个房间 |
[10:17] | All right. | 好了 |
[10:19] | I will let you unpack and get settled in. | 你收拾下 好好休息吧 |
[10:23] | Just give a holler if you need anything. | 需要什么就说 |
[10:35] | Home sweet home. | 到家了 |
[10:48] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解 |
[10:50] | I don’t know exactly what there is to understand. | 有什么好理解的 |
[10:52] | – Why can’t they send someone else? – It’s only for two weeks. | -为什么他们不能派别人去 -只是两周 |
[10:55] | You’ve only been home for two days. | 你才回家两天 |
[10:58] | Gives you some time to get to know your new companion. | 正好让你有时间和新伙伴增进感情 |
[11:01] | I doubt there’s much to know. | 不过大概没什么可聊的 |
[11:02] | Girl doesn’t seem to have a heck of a lotto say. | 那女孩看起来话不多 |
[11:05] | Do you have to take the car? | 你要把车也开走吗 |
[11:07] | How am I supposed to get around without a car? | 没有车我怎么通勤 |
[11:09] | I don’t know, you could rent one. | 不知道 你可以租车 |
[11:11] | And eat up half my commissions? | 用一半的提成来租车吗 |
[11:12] | You’re a terrible driver anyway. | 反正你开得也不好 |
[11:15] | It’s not that far into town. | 这里距离镇上也不远 |
[11:16] | Remember what the doctor said. Some exercise will do you good. | 还记得医生怎么说吗 多锻炼对你有好处 |
[11:47] | It’s early, dear. | 时间还早 亲爱的 |
[11:49] | You don’t have to be up for another hour yet. | 你还可以再睡一个小时 |
[11:53] | Must be all the excitement about your first day of school. | 肯定是第一天上学很兴奋 |
[12:00] | Where did Mr. Wheatley go? | 惠特利先生去哪了 |
[12:03] | Business trip. | 出差 |
[12:05] | Poor man has to travel quite a bit these days, but… | 可怜的家伙最近总是出差 但是 |
[12:08] | as he likes to remind me, it… | 他也很喜欢提醒我 这个 |
[12:10] | keeps the roof over our heads. | 能养家糊口 |
[12:21] | Please stop gawking, dear, you’re making me nervous. | 请别盯着我了 亲爱的 你让我紧张 |
[12:31] | You’re very good. | 你弹得很好 |
[12:35] | This was Grandmother June’s piano. | 这是琼祖母的钢琴 |
[12:38] | I’ve played since I was younger than you. | 我比你还小的时候就开始弹了 |
[12:42] | I’d always had it in my mind to one day play in an orchestra. | 我一直梦想能在交响乐团里演奏 |
[12:45] | Probably still could. | 或许依然可以 |
[12:48] | As luck would have it, | 但不凑巧 |
[12:49] | I’ve also always suffered from a terrible case of stage fright, | 我的舞台恐惧症很严重 |
[12:52] | which does not bode well for an aspiring performer. | 这对有志成为钢琴家的人来说可不妙 |
[12:56] | And then I got pregnant. | 之后我就怀孕了 |
[13:01] | You have a child? | 你有个孩子吗 |
[13:04] | We did, yes. | 有过 对 |
[13:14] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[13:16] | We have a leftover casserole. | 我们有炖菜 |
[13:19] | Beth, dear. | 贝丝 亲爱的 |
[13:24] | Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you? | 你确定不需要我陪你去吗 |
[13:27] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[13:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:16] | You should have seen that coach. | 你该看看那教练 |
[14:18] | Have you seen her hair and her shoes? | 你看到她的头发和鞋子了吗 |
[14:24] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:28] | So drab. | 太土了 |
[14:29] | And brown laces with brown shoes? I mean… | 棕色蕾丝配棕色鞋子 简直 |
[14:32] | Quiet, please! Let’s start. | 大家安静 开始上课了 |
[14:34] | This week, we will begin to study the binomial theorem. | 这周我们要开始学二项式定理 |
[14:38] | Does anyone know what a binomial is? | 有人知道二项式是什么吗 |
[14:41] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[14:49] | Yes? | 请说 |
[14:51] | – A binomial is a mathematical– – Will you stand up, please? | -二项式是个数学 -你能站起来吗 |
[15:00] | A binomial is a mathematical expression containing two terms. | 二项式是包含两个项的数学表达式 |
[15:05] | X plus Y is a binomial. | X加Y就是二项式 |
[15:08] | Very good. | 很好 |
[15:09] | Let’s turn to page 24. | 翻到24页 |
[15:11] | Great, another fucking brain. | 太棒了 又一个聪明妞 |
[15:19] | That’s a good idea. Oh, my god. | 真是好主意 天呐 |
[16:08] | – Is there a school chess club? – What? | -学校有象棋社吗 -什么 |
[16:11] | Is there a chess club here at the school? | 学校有象棋社吗 |
[16:17] | I don’t think they have anything like that. | 我觉得这里没有这种社团 |
[16:27] | But a lot of the girls belong to social clubs. | 但很多女孩去社交俱乐部 |
[16:30] | Social clubs? | 社交俱乐部 |
[16:32] | There’s the Apple Pi club, | 有苹果派社 |
[16:35] | and the Sub Debs, | 和替补名媛社 |
[16:37] | – and Girls Around Town. – Apple pie? They bake pies? | -还有小镇姑娘社 -苹果派社 烤派吗 |
[16:40] | No, Apple Pi. You know, like the Greek letter. | 不 苹果派 是指那个希腊字母 |
[16:47] | Are you in one of those? | 你加入了吗 |
[16:49] | You have to be invited… | 必须要受到邀请 |
[16:52] | to join. | 才能加入 |
[16:59] | You could try out for junior cheerleader. | 你可以试试高一拉拉队长 |
[17:13] | Shit. | 该死 |
[17:23] | Hello, Mr. Wheatley. | 你好 惠特利先生 |
[17:28] | Hi… Beth. | 贝丝 |
[17:30] | You’re home! I didn’t expect you for another week. | 你回来了 我以为你下周才会回来 |
[17:33] | I’m only here for the night. | 我只会来睡一晚 |
[17:34] | They, uh… they just gave me the whole Southwest, so… | 他们 他们把整个西南部都给我了 所以 |
[17:39] | And a raise, I hope? | 那应该有加薪吧 |
[17:41] | Don’t start. | 别说了 |
[17:43] | Yes, why don’t you freshen up, and I will start dinner? | 好 你去洗洗 我做晚饭吧 |
[17:45] | I’ll take a beer. | 我喝杯啤酒吧 |
[17:47] | If there’s any left. | 如果还有剩下的话 |
[17:53] | Doesn’t she ever change clothes? | 她就不换衣服吗 |
[18:03] | I don’t think he likes me very much. | 我觉得他不怎么喜欢我 |
[18:05] | Quite the opposite. | 正好相反 |
[18:07] | Adopting you was actually his idea. | 领养你是她的决定 |
[18:11] | He’s right, though. You could use some new clothes. | 但他说得对 你确实需要些新衣服 |
[18:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:14] | They have chess sets. | 他们有象棋 |
[19:18] | We can stop on the way back down. | 我们可以下楼时再买 |
[19:40] | Let’s find you a blouse. | 给你配件衬衫吧 |
[19:45] | Well, don’t you look lovely? | 这样好看多了 对吧 |
[19:48] | The shoes are a little big. | 鞋有点大 |
[19:51] | Room to grow, dear. Room to grow. | 你的脚还会长的 亲爱的 还会长 |
[19:53] | Let’s look for coats. | 看看外套 |
[19:59] | Lovely. | 好看 |
[20:01] | Step over here so I can see the fabric in the light. | 过来 让我在光线下看看材质 |
[20:08] | Yes, this will do nicely. | 这个确实不错 |
[20:16] | Aren’t we gonna look at the chess sets? | 我们不看象棋了吗 |
[20:19] | Another time, dear. | 下次吧 亲爱的 |
[20:21] | It’s getting late, and I’m getting hungry. | 已经很晚了 而且我饿了 |
[20:24] | – But– – I’ll give you 40 cents a week allowance. | -但是 -我每周给你40美分零花钱 |
[20:28] | Save up and buy yourself a chess set. | 存钱自己买一个吧 |
[20:31] | Saving is a good lesson for a girl to learn. | 存钱对女孩来说是个必修课 |
[21:07] | So bad! | 太难看了 |
[21:24] | – Do you have any books on chess? – Chess? | -你有关于象棋的书吗 -象棋 |
[21:27] | I don’t know for sure. | 我不确定 |
[21:29] | If we have anything, it’ll be on the last row. | 如果有 那就是在最后一排 |
[21:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:33] | There might be an old biography on Jose Capablanca. | 可能有何塞·卡帕布兰卡的旧自传 |
[21:39] | – Who? – Jose Capablanca. | -谁 -何塞·卡帕布兰卡 |
[21:42] | He was a Grandmaster. It was quite a long time ago now. | 他是象棋特级大师 不过是很久以前了 |
[21:47] | What’s a Grandmaster? | 什么是象棋特级大师 |
[21:49] | A genius player. | 天才棋手 |
[22:02] | 《我的象棋生涯》 何塞·劳尔·卡帕布兰卡 | |
[22:36] | Okay, yeah. | 好吧 |
[22:38] | I see you, Harmon. | 我看到你了 哈蒙 |
[22:40] | It’s those shoes. | 是你那难看的鞋暴露的 |
[22:42] | Did you get them at Ben Snyder’s or something? | 你是在本·斯奈德商场买的吗 |
[22:46] | I wouldn’t be caught dead in Ben Snyder’s. | 我死也不会穿本·斯奈德商场的衣服 |
[22:57] | – How was school? – Fun. | -学校如何 -不错 |
[23:00] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[23:03] | I’m gonna replay some of the matches in this book. | 我要重新下几局书里的棋局 |
[23:06] | – But you don’t have a board. – In my head. | -但你没有象棋 -在脑子下 |
[23:09] | Good mental exercise. | 是锻炼思维的好练习 |
[23:12] | Well, some physical exercise could do you good. | 锻炼下身体对你有好处 |
[23:16] | Will you run over to Bradley’s for me, | 你能去布拉德利商店 |
[23:20] | and pick up three packs of Chesterfields? | 给我买三包契斯特菲尔德香烟吗 |
[23:23] | Yes, ma’am. | 好 女士 |
[23:30] | I’ll write you a note. | 我给你写张条 |
[23:32] | You look a bit youthful for smoking, yourself. | 你看着太年轻了 还不能抽烟 |
[24:59] | 原创象棋战术 象棋中兵的威力 汉斯·科莫赫 | |
[25:01] | 苏联象棋冠军 瓦西里·N·帕诺夫 国际象棋大师 | |
[25:04] | 锦标赛日程 美国和加拿大即将开赛 | |
[25:11] | Young lady! | 小姑娘 |
[25:13] | You have to buy the magazine or put it back. | 你得买杂志 不然就放回去 |
[25:17] | – Can’t I just– – You wanna read? Read the sign. | -我能就… -你想看吗 看看牌子 |
[25:37] | No, it’s all the same oil, it’s just three different sizes. | 不 都是一样的油 只是大小不同 |
[25:46] | If you don’t use a lot, you wanna buy that one, | 如果你不怎么用 你就买那个 |
[25:48] | because it does go bad, but this is the best value for the money. | 因为这个会变质 但这个性价比最高 |
[25:51] | If you can’t decide, get the middle one. | 如果你决定不了 就买中等大小 |
[25:53] | It’s not rocket science. | 也不是什么难事 |
[26:12] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[26:19] | Well, that’s the last of the instant coffee. | 这是最后的速溶咖啡了 |
[26:23] | I’d go shopping, but I just don’t know where all the money goes. | 我倒是想去购物 但我不知道钱都去哪了 |
[26:27] | I’ve bought little more than trifles this month, | 这个月我几乎什么都没买 |
[26:29] | and yet I have seven dollars left | 但现在手里只有7美元了 |
[26:30] | where I should have at least 20. | 本来至少该有20的 |
[26:32] | Seven dollars? | 7美元 |
[26:33] | – Is that enough? – To last till the end of October? | -那够吗 -坚持到10月底吗 |
[26:36] | I think not. | 我想不够 |
[26:38] | It’ll scarcely buy chicken necks and porridge. | 只够买点鸡脖子和粥了 |
[26:40] | – Doesn’t Methuen send you a check? – For 80 dollars. | -梅休因没给你寄支票吗 -只有80美元 |
[26:43] | And only for the first year. | 还只有头一年 |
[26:45] | As if the expense of keeping you doesn’t exhaust it. | 仿佛养活你不用花钱似的 |
[26:51] | I’m afraid you’ll have to go without an allowance until Allston returns. | 恐怕在奥斯顿回来前 我都不能再给你零花钱了 |
[26:56] | Which is when? | 那是什么时候 |
[26:57] | Who can say? | 谁知道吗 |
[27:00] | It seems he’s been unavoidably detained out West. | 看上去他无可避免地被留在西部了 |
[27:10] | Maybe I could get a job. | 或许我能找份工作 |
[27:12] | A job? | 工作 |
[27:13] | I could work in a store, or wash dishes somewhere. | 我可以在商店里工作 或洗盘子 |
[27:16] | Wash dishes? | 洗盘子 |
[27:17] | I’d like to make some money. | 我想赚点钱 |
[27:19] | Oh, to buy clothes with, I suspect. | 是为了买衣服吧 |
[27:23] | To enter chess tournaments. | 为了参加象棋锦标赛 |
[27:26] | There’s one here. | 这里就有一个 |
[27:28] | But it’s five dollars for the entrance fee. | 但需要5美元参赛费 |
[27:31] | The only girls of your age who work are colored. | 你这个年龄的女孩 只有黑人才工作 |
[27:38] | Dear Mr. Shaibel, | 亲爱的夏贝先生 |
[27:40] | there’s a chess tournament here | 这里正在举行象棋锦标赛 |
[27:41] | with a first prize of 100 dollars, | 第一名奖金100美元 |
[27:44] | and a second prize of 50 dollars. | 第二名奖金50美元 |
[27:47] | There are other prizes, too. | 还有其他奖品 |
[27:51] | It costs five dollars to enter, and I don’t have that. | 但需要5美元参赛费 我没有那个钱 |
[27:59] | If you’ll send me the money, | 如果你能借我参赛费 |
[28:01] | I will pay you back ten dollars if I win any prize at all. | 无论我是否得奖 我都会还你10美元 |
[28:12] | Beth, is that you? | 贝丝 是你吗 |
[28:19] | I seem to have caught a cold. | 我好像感冒了 |
[28:21] | Another one? | 又感冒了 |
[28:23] | I have a proclivity for viruses, or… | 我特别容易感染病毒 或者 |
[28:26] | they for me. | 它们喜欢我 |
[28:29] | Uh… here. | 给 |
[28:31] | I need you to fill this prescription for me. | 我需要你帮我去取药 |
[28:35] | And while you’re there… | 你去的时候 |
[28:37] | buy yourself a Coke. | 给自己买瓶可乐吧 |
[28:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:48] | Be just a minute. | 稍等 |
[29:04] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[29:12] | My tranquility medicine. | 我的镇定剂 |
[29:17] | Dr. Talbott has decided I need more tranquility. Much more. | 塔伯特医生觉得我需要更镇定 |
[29:23] | – Will you get me a glass of water, dear? – Yes, ma’am. | -你能帮我拿杯水吗 亲爱的 -好 女士 |
[29:27] | Why do they only fill these bottles half full? | 他们为什么只给你半瓶药 |
[30:38] | Excuse you, Harmon. | 没长眼吗 哈蒙 |
[30:39] | Fuck you, Margaret. | 去你的 玛格丽特 |
[30:41] | Beth, this came for you. | 贝丝 这是寄给你的 |
[30:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:24] | 塔伯特医生 镇定剂 每日三次或根据需要服用 | |
[31:31] | Tell Alma to go easy. | 让艾尔玛悠着点吃 |
[31:33] | She’s only got three refills left. | 她只剩3次取药配额了 |
[31:39] | For a trip the White House again calls non-political… | 白宫再次声称这是一次非政治的访问 |
[31:43] | – You’re home late. – …Political-looking escort | -你回来迟了 -…看着像政党人士的 |
[31:45] | of 17 Democratic congressmen, and Mrs. Kennedy… | 17位民主党议员 以及肯尼迪太太… |
[31:48] | – I was out walking. – …who was featured at the arrival… | -我出去散步了 -…出现在到达的人群中 |
[31:51] | Okay. Good night. | 好 晚安 |
[31:54] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[31:55] | …turning on the smile that hasn’t been… | 脸上浮现着微笑之前并未… |
[31:59] | I’m gonna be late again tomorrow. | 明天我也会晚回来 |
[32:02] | I have something after school. | 放学后有事 |
[32:04] | Have you joined a club? | 你加入社团了吗 |
[32:05] | I’m playing in that chess tournament I told you about. | 我要参加之前跟你说的象棋锦标赛 |
[32:10] | I won’t argue that broadening one’s social life | 我不反对你在这个年纪 |
[32:13] | is important for a girl your age. | 扩大自己社交圈 |
[32:15] | I just wonder whether a dance class or a girls’ club | 我只是觉得 舞蹈课或女生俱乐部 |
[32:18] | wouldn’t be better for making friendships. | 是否更容易交到朋友 |
[32:20] | I hear Fairfield has pretty good ones. | 我听说费尔菲尔德高中有许多挺不错的 |
[32:23] | When you were my age, how did you broaden your social life? | 你在我这么大的时候 是怎么扩大社交圈的 |
[32:28] | The tournament goes until Sunday. | 锦标赛到周日结束 |
[32:36] | 亨利·克雷高中 战斗猫头鹰故乡 | |
[32:57] | – Do you have a clock? – No. | -你有棋钟吗 -没有 |
[32:59] | We have a clock-sharing system. | 我们这里租赁棋钟 |
[33:01] | If your opponent doesn’t have one, | 如果你的对手也没有棋钟 |
[33:02] | come back to the desk, and we’ll loan you one. | 回这里来 我们借你一个 |
[33:04] | Play starts in 20 minutes. | 比赛20分钟后开始 |
[33:06] | What’s your rating? | 你的等级分是多少 |
[33:08] | I don’t have a rating. | 我没有等级分 |
[33:10] | – Have you played in a tournament before? – No. | -你之前没参加过锦标赛吗 -没有 |
[33:15] | – Are you sure you wanna do this? – I’m sure. | -你确定你要比赛吗 -我确定 |
[33:18] | We don’t have a women’s section. | 我们没有女子分组 |
[33:22] | – I’ll put you in beginners. – I’m not a beginner. | -你去参加初级组吧 -我不是初级 |
[33:24] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[33:26] | If you’re an unrated player, | 如果你没有等级分 |
[33:27] | you go in beginners with the people under 1600. | 你就以初级者身份参加 和1600分以下的人比 |
[33:32] | – What’s the prize for beginners? – Twenty. | -初级组的奖金是多少 -20美金 |
[33:34] | – What about the other section? – First prize in the Open is 100. | -那其他组别呢 -公开组是100美金 |
[33:37] | Is it against any rule for me to be in the Open? | 让我参加公开组比赛违反规则吗 |
[33:39] | – Not exactly. – Put me in the Open. | -也不是 -让我参加公开组 |
[33:42] | There are three guys in there with ratings over 1800. | 那里有三个人等级分超过1800 |
[33:45] | And Beltik may show up. | 而且贝尔蒂克也可能来 |
[33:47] | They will eat you alive. | 他们会生吞了你 |
[33:54] | “Harmon.” | “哈蒙” |
[34:47] | Are the matches played at random? | 比赛是随机配对的吗 |
[34:50] | Oh, not at all. | 完全不是 |
[34:54] | Uh, they arrange it by ratings on the first round. | 他们是按第一轮的等级分安排的 |
[34:59] | After that, winners play winners, and losers, losers. | 在那之后 赢家和赢家比 输家和输家比 |
[35:07] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[35:09] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[35:31] | – Annette Packer. – Beth Harmon. | -安妮特·帕克 -贝丝·哈蒙 |
[35:35] | I don’t understand about chess clocks. | 我不知道棋钟怎么用 |
[35:39] | The clock faced nearest you measures your playing time. | 你那边的钟计算你下棋的时间 |
[35:42] | Each player has 90 minutes. | 双方各有九十分钟 |
[35:44] | After you move, you press that button on top, | 你走了一步 就按上面的按钮 |
[35:46] | and it stops your clock and starts your opponent’s. | 你的钟会停下来 对手的钟就开始走了 |
[35:48] | And you see that little red flag | 你看到两个钟的数字十二 |
[35:50] | over the number 12 on each clock? | 上面的小红旗了吗 |
[35:52] | Yours will fall down when the 90 minutes is up, | 如果九十分钟到了 你的旗子就会掉下来 |
[35:54] | and if it does that… | 这样的话… |
[35:57] | you’ve lost. | 你就输了 |
[35:58] | And, urn… | 这个… |
[36:01] | For recording your moves. | 用来记录你的棋步 |
[36:02] | Right. | 懂了 |
[36:09] | – You can start your clocks now. – You can start my clock now. | -你们可以启动棋钟了 -你可以启动我的棋钟了 |
[36:13] | Why do they put the girls together? | 他们为什么把女孩安排在一起 |
[36:15] | They’re not supposed to… | 他们不该这样的 |
[36:17] | but, if you win, they move you up. | 但如果你赢了 他们就会让你上去 |
[36:23] | – Oh, it’s touch move. – What’s that? | -这是摸子走子 -什么意思 |
[36:25] | Don’t touch a piece unless you’re going to move it. | 除非你要走棋 不然不要碰棋子 |
[36:28] | If you touch it, you have to move it somewhere. | 如果你碰了棋子 就必须走一步 |
[36:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:36] | Don’t you push your button now? | 你不该按下你的按钮吗 |
[36:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:44] | What I do with this? | 这个该怎么办 |
[36:47] | Is your match over? | 你棋下完了吗 |
[36:48] | Yes, I won. | 对 我赢了 |
[36:51] | That was fast. | 速度真快 |
[36:54] | What do I do with this? | 这个该怎么办 |
[36:55] | Circle your name and drop it in the basket. | 圈出你的名字 放到篮子里 |
[38:12] | – Who are they? – Beltik and Cullen. | -他们是谁 -贝尔蒂克和卡伦 |
[38:15] | – Beltik’s the State Champion. – Which is which? | -贝尔蒂克是州冠军 -哪个是哪个 |
[38:22] | – Beltik’s the younger one. – Is he a Grandmaster? | -年纪小的那个是贝尔蒂克 -他是特级大师吗 |
[38:25] | He’s working on it. | 他正在努力 |
[38:26] | Takes time. | 需要时间 |
[38:28] | You have to play Grandmasters to become one. | 想成为大师 就要跟大师们对战 |
[38:30] | – How much time? – Do you mind? | -要多长时间 -能安静点吗 |
[38:39] | Draw? | 议和吗 |
[38:43] | Hell, no. | 绝不 |
[38:53] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[39:05] | 第二轮对战表 公开赛 哈蒙对库克 | |
[39:33] | That’s check. | 这是将军 |
[39:35] | I know what it is. | 我知道 |
[39:49] | Draw? | 议和吗 |
[39:58] | You got me. | 你赢了 |
[39:59] | I resign. | 我认输 |
[40:27] | Dinner break. | 晚餐休息 |
[40:28] | Next round is at six o’clock. Then, three more tomorrow. | 下一轮是六点 明天还有三轮 |
[40:32] | Final round is Sunday, 11 am. | 最后一轮是星期天上午十一点 |
[40:39] | Harmon? | 哈蒙 |
[40:42] | Keep it up, kid. | 加油 孩子 |
[40:47] | I think he knew you killed his brother. | 我觉得他知道你杀了他弟弟 |
[40:50] | – You’re in trouble… – Yours is in the oven. | -你有麻烦了 -你的饭在烤箱里 |
[40:52] | Someone’s always crowding me. | 有人总是盯着我 |
[40:54] | – How did you do at your thing? – I won four games. | -你的事怎么样 -我赢了四场 |
[40:58] | That’s nice, good for you. | 那很好 你很厉害 |
[41:01] | 公开赛对战表 陶恩斯对哈蒙 | |
[41:10] | Yes, Harmon? | 什么事 哈蒙 |
[41:11] | You said there were three people here | 你们说这里有三个人 |
[41:12] | with a rating higher than 1800. | 等级分超过1800 |
[41:14] | – That’s right. – I thought I’d be playing one of them. | -没错 -我以为我要对战其中一个 |
[41:17] | Them’s the breaks, Harmon. | 遇到他们就等于输了 哈蒙 |
[41:19] | Consider yourself lucky. | 就当你运气好吧 |
[41:20] | I want to play the best. | 我想跟最好的选手对战 |
[41:22] | You have to get a rating before that happens. | 在此之前你要获得等级分 |
[41:24] | How do I get a rating? | 怎么才能获得等级分 |
[41:25] | You play 30 games in USCF tournaments, then wait four months. | 你在美国国际象棋联盟下三十场 再等四个月 |
[41:29] | – That’s how you get a rating. – That’s too long. | -这样就能获得等级分了 -那太久了 |
[41:33] | I want to play Beltik. | 我想跟贝尔蒂克对战 |
[41:34] | If you win your next three games, and if Beltik does the same. | 如果你赢了后面三场 贝尔蒂克也赢了 |
[41:37] | I’ll win them. | 我会赢他们的 |
[41:38] | No, Harmon, you won’t. | 不 哈蒙 你赢不了 |
[41:40] | You have to play Sizemore or Goldman first. | 你会先遇到赛斯默或戈德曼 |
[41:42] | You can’t beat either of them. | 他们俩你都赢不了 |
[41:43] | Sizemore and Goldman? Shit. | 赛斯默和戈德曼 完了 |
[41:46] | Townes, the guy you’re playing now, is underrated. | 你下轮要对战的选手陶恩斯没有等级分 |
[41:49] | He plays first board for the university team, | 他是大学校队的一线选手 |
[41:51] | and last month he came in fifth in Las Vegas. | 上个月他在拉斯维加斯拿了第五名 |
[42:02] | What’s in Las Vegas? | 拉斯维加斯的什么 |
[42:03] | The US Open. | 全美公开赛 |
[42:22] | Looks like we’ve been stalking each other. | 我们好像都在跟踪对方 |
[42:40] | You want to start my clock? | 你要启动我的棋钟吗 |
[42:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:25] | Jesus Christ, Harmon, you’re humiliating my rook. | 天哪 哈蒙 你在羞辱我的车 |
[44:28] | He won’t have to suffer much longer. | 它待不了多久了 |
[44:49] | 陶恩斯 哈蒙 | |
[44:56] | Damn. | 真行啊 |
[45:04] | How old are you? | 你几岁了 |
[45:06] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[45:07] | – Don’t answer that, it’ll just depress me. – I’m 36. | -别回答 那只会让我郁闷 -我36岁了 |
[45:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:14] | You really are something, you know that? | 你真是与众不同 你知道吗 |
[45:22] | Shall we turn in our sheets? | 我们去交单子吗 |
[45:27] | You go ahead. | 你去吧 |
[45:28] | I’m gonna study the board a little longer. | 我想再研究一下这局棋 |
[45:49] | Damn it! | 真倒霉 |
[45:57] | Damn! | 倒霉 |
[46:03] | I just wanted to tell you that I’ve never seen anything like… | 我只想跟你说 我从来没见过… |
[46:08] | Do– Do you have something? | 你 你有那什么吗 |
[46:11] | It’s my first time. | 我是第一次 |
[46:19] | Do you know how to use it? | 你知道这个怎么用吗 |
[46:22] | I think so. | 应该吧 |
[46:24] | I’ll wait, just in case. | 我等你 以防万一 |
[46:31] | You’re, uh… | 你… |
[46:33] | You’re moving right on up, aren’t you? | 你一直在过关斩将 是吧 |
[46:36] | So far. | 目前是 |
[46:40] | Sizemore’s pretty tough, though. | 不过赛斯默很难赢 |
[47:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[47:04] | I didn’t… | 我不… |
[47:06] | I just thought… | 我只是以为 |
[47:10] | Thought I was sick. | 以为我病了 |
[47:12] | My first time, I threw up. | 我第一次时吐了 |
[47:16] | Well, I still do sometimes. | 现在偶尔也会 |
[47:20] | Actually, every time. | 其实每次都会 |
[47:24] | Well, I have to get back. | 我得回去了 |
[47:26] | Oh, sure. | 行 |
[47:29] | Hey, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[47:32] | Beat him, will you? | 打败他 好吗 |
[47:34] | I’ll try. | 我尽量 |
[47:48] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[48:19] | I’ve started menstruating. | 我来例假了 |
[48:25] | Bit late in the day for you, isn’t it? | 对你来说有点晚了 对吧 |
[48:31] | I’ll need pads… | 我需要卫生巾 |
[48:34] | something. | 之类的 |
[48:35] | Just go up to my room, to the top drawer of my chiffonier, | 去我的房间 在小衣橱最上层 |
[48:37] | and take what you require. | 要什么自己拿 |
[48:43] | Oh, and, dear… | 还有 亲爱的 |
[48:45] | be a good girl and get that | 帮我个忙 去拿 |
[48:46] | little bottle of green pills by my bedside. | 我床头边上的绿色小药瓶 |
[48:51] | My tranquility needs to be refurbished. | 我需要补充一下我的镇定 |
[49:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:42] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[49:45] | Wrong? | 问题 |
[49:48] | I’m not Aristotle, but yes, | 我虽然不是亚里士多德 但没错 |
[49:50] | I think something could be construed as wrong. | 我觉得可以算是出问题了 |
[49:55] | I’ve received a message from Mr. Wheatley. | 我收到了惠特利先生的消息 |
[49:59] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[50:02] | It seems Mr. Wheatley… | 看起来惠特利先生 |
[50:05] | has been indefinitely detained in the Southwest. | 要永久驻扎在西南部了 |
[50:11] | Somewhere between Denver and Butte. | 在丹佛和布特中间的某地 |
[50:16] | Though, Aristotle was a moral philosopher, | 但亚里士多德是哲学家 |
[50:19] | and I’m just a housewife. | 而我只是个家庭主妇 |
[50:22] | Or I was a housewife. | 或曾经是 |
[50:28] | Can they send me back if you no longer have a husband? | 如果你没有丈夫了 他们会送我回去吗 |
[50:35] | You put it concretely. | 你说得很具体 |
[50:43] | They won’t if we lie about it. | 如果我们撒谎 他们就不会 |
[50:48] | That’s easy enough. | 那倒是简单 |
[50:56] | You’re a good soul, Beth. | 你是个好女孩 贝丝 |
[51:01] | Why don’t you heat up the chicken dinners in the freezer, okay? | 不如你把冰箱里的鸡肉热热吧 |
[51:06] | Set the oven at 400. | 把烤箱调到400华氏度 |
[51:10] | I don’t know how to put these on. | 我不知道怎么用烤箱 |
[51:20] | Though I’m no longer a wife, | 虽然我不再为人妻了 |
[51:23] | except by a legal fiction… | 除了法律还承认 |
[51:30] | I believe I can learn to be a mother. | 我想我能学着成为一个母亲 |
[51:37] | I’ll show you how… | 我来教你怎么做 |
[51:40] | if you promise to never go near Denver. | 只要你答应永远不靠近丹佛 |
[52:14] | Mama? | 妈妈 |
[52:22] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[53:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[53:08] | Extra cup of coffee. | 我多喝了一杯咖啡 |
[53:12] | Harry Beltik. What’s your name? | 哈利·贝尔蒂克 你叫什么 |
[53:15] | Beth Harmon. | 贝丝·哈蒙 |
[55:49] | Be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[56:10] | Come on, you ugly piece of trash. | 动动脑子 你个丑八怪 |
[56:13] | You can beat that… | 你能打败那个 |
[56:16] | fucker. | 狗逼 |
[57:46] | – Son of a bitch. – I think that’s it. | -好家伙 -到此为止了 |
[57:48] | – No, I can get out of this. – I don’t think so. | -不 我还能解这个局 -我想不行了 |
[57:53] | Maybe, if you’d gotten here on time. | 如果你准时来的话或许有戏 |
[58:07] | It doesn’t work. | 没用的 |
[58:08] | – I don’t have to use the queen. – Move. | -我都不用走皇后 -该你走了 |
[58:09] | – I’ll just cover it with the bishop and– – Move. | -我直接用象掩护… -该你走了 |
[58:46] | Do you see it now? | 现在你看出来了吗 |
[58:49] | Or should we finish this on the board? | 还是我们要下完这盘棋 |
[58:56] | Son of a bitch. | 好家伙 |
[59:11] | “The world of Kentucky chess was astonished this weekend | “这周末肯塔基州的象棋届大受震动 |
[59:15] | by the playing of a local girl | 一位本地姑娘 |
[59:17] | who triumphed over hardened players | 层层突围 节节胜利 |
[59:19] | to win the Kentucky State Championship.” | 最后获得了肯塔基州冠军” |
[59:22] | “Elizabeth Harmon, a student at Fairfield High, | “伊丽莎白·哈蒙 费尔菲尔德高中的学生 |
[59:26] | showed a mastery of the game unequaled by any female, | 展现了任何女性都无法比拟的象棋天赋 |
[59:30] | according to Harry Beltik, | 哈利·贝尔蒂克如此评价道 |
[59:31] | whom Miss Harmon defeated for the state crown.” | 他本人也在州决赛中败给了哈蒙小姐” |
[59:36] | And 100 dollars. | 还有100美元奖金 |
[59:39] | You won this. | 你赢来的 |
[59:40] | I wanna open a bank account. | 我想开个银行账户 |
[59:42] | But you have to go with me, | 但你得跟我一起去 |
[59:44] | because I need a parent or a guardian. | 因为我需要一个家长或监护人 |
[59:45] | I just didn’t have the faintest idea | 我真的完全不知道 |
[59:47] | that people made money playing chess. | 下象棋还能赚钱 |
[59:49] | There’s tournaments with bigger prizes than that. | 还有奖金比这个更多的锦标赛 |
[59:54] | How much bigger? | 有多少 |
[59:57] | Thousands of dollars. | 上千美金 |
[59:59] | Goodness. | 天呐 |
[1:00:01] | So, can we go to the bank today after school? | 那我们放学后能去银行吗 |
[1:00:05] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[1:01:08] | Beth, will you come down here, please? | 贝丝 你能下来一下吗 |
[1:01:14] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[1:01:15] | I’ve been leafing through this chess magazine. | 我就随便翻翻这本象棋杂志 |
[1:01:18] | It’s very interesting. | 很有趣 |
[1:01:21] | It says here that there is a tournament in Cincinnati, | 上面说辛辛那提州有场锦标赛 |
[1:01:23] | and the first prize is 500 dollars. | 第一名奖金是500美金 |
[1:01:28] | The Greyhound bus only requires two hours for the trip. | 坐灰狗巴士去那只需要两小时 |
[1:01:32] | I took the liberty of calling. | 我就擅作主张打了电话 |
[1:01:37] | What about school? | 那上学呢 |
[1:01:39] | I could write a medical excuse claiming mono. | 我就写张病假条说你得腺热了 |
[1:01:42] | Mono? | 腺热 |
[1:01:43] | Mononucleosis. | 单核细胞增多症 |
[1:01:44] | It’s quite the thing in your age group, | 在你这个年纪是高发病 |
[1:01:45] | according to the Ladies Horne Journal. | 《霍恩女士》杂志说的 |
[1:01:51] | Where would we stay? | 那我们住哪里 |
[1:01:53] | At the Gibson Hotel, in a double room for 22 dollars a night. | 吉布森酒店 标间每晚22美元 |
[1:01:58] | The Greyhound tickets would be $11.80 apiece, | 灰狗巴士的车票是每人11.8美元 |
[1:02:01] | plus the cost of food. | 再加上伙食费 |
[1:02:03] | I’ve calculated all of it. | 我都算过了 |
[1:02:05] | Even if you only won second or third prize, | 就算你只得了二等或三等奖 |
[1:02:08] | there would still be a profit. | 还是能赚钱 |
[1:02:11] | I’ll win. | 我会赢的 |
[1:02:14] | I have every confidence. | 我很有自信 |