时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[01:26] | 后翼弃兵 第三集 | |
[01:42] | Well, now. | 瞧瞧这里 |
[01:45] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[02:11] | – Got a cigarette, doctor? – Sorry, I… | -有烟吗 医生 -抱歉 我… |
[02:27] | I asked for a pleasant room, | 我让他们安排个好房间 |
[02:29] | and I believe they gave me one. | 看来他们做到了 |
[03:04] | – I’m Beth. – Harmon. Kentucky State Champion. | -我是贝丝 -哈蒙 肯塔基州冠军 |
[03:07] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[03:09] | There are two games a day, and the time control is 120/40. | 每天两场比赛 时间是120/40 |
[03:15] | You get two hours to make 40 moves. | 你有两小时时间走40步棋 |
[03:21] | Welcome to Cincinnati. | 欢迎来到辛辛那提 |
[03:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:25] | And the rook comes to the seventh rank. | 象到第七线 |
[03:29] | That right there… | 就在那 |
[03:32] | that is a bone in the throat. | 那可是如鲠在喉 |
[03:34] | Guy takes one look at this, he pays up, 20 bucks. | 那家伙看了一眼棋局 直接给了20元 |
[03:38] | The Caro-Kann Defense, genuine bummer. | 卡罗-卡恩防御 真扫兴 |
[03:41] | What’s wrong with Caro-Kann? | 卡罗-卡恩怎么了 |
[03:44] | It’s all pawns and no hope. | 全是兵 没希望 |
[03:47] | Here, look, I’ll show you, all right? This is Caro-Kann. | 来 我走给你看 好吧 卡罗-卡恩 |
[03:52] | I’d take the knight. | 我走马 |
[03:56] | You’re, um… | 你是 |
[03:59] | Aren’t you that kid from Kentucky who wiped out Harry Beltik? | 你不就是肯塔基州打败哈利·贝尔蒂克的那孩子吗 |
[04:02] | If you take his knight, then you double his pawns. | 如果你吃他的马 他就叠兵了 |
[04:05] | Big deal. Like I said, it’s all pawns… | 那又怎样 我说了 全是兵 |
[04:09] | and no hope. | 没希望 |
[04:11] | Let me show you how you win with Black. | 我教你怎么用黑棋赢 |
[04:14] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[04:18] | What does White do here? | 白棋现在该怎么办 |
[04:20] | – Queen takes pawn. – Queen takes pawn. | -后吃兵 -后吃兵 |
[04:25] | Rook to king eight. Check. | 象到王线4 将军 |
[04:27] | Queen falls. | 后被吃了 |
[04:29] | – That’s Mieses-Reshevsky. – Yeah. | -那是米斯对战雷谢夫斯基的棋局 -没错 |
[04:31] | – From the ’30s. – Very good. Margate, 1935. | -30年代的 -非常好 马盖特于1935年记载的 |
[04:34] | White played rook to queen one. | 白棋走象到后线1 |
[04:36] | What else has he got? | 他还有什么招 |
[04:39] | All right, I gotta go. | 行了 我得走了 |
[04:41] | Hey, you know what? | 知道吗 |
[04:43] | Reshevsky, he was playing like that… | 雷谢夫斯基走这个开局的时候 |
[04:46] | back when he was your age, little girl. | 大概就是你现在这个年龄 |
[04:50] | Or even younger. | 或更年轻 |
[04:54] | Are you playing? | 你比赛吗 |
[04:56] | Oh, what, here? | 什么 在这吗 |
[04:59] | Nah, nah. | 不 不 |
[05:01] | Just come through, see some old friends. | 就来看看 见见老朋友 |
[05:05] | And plus, playing too many opens… | 再说 比太多公开赛 |
[05:09] | it can only hurt me, you know what I mean? | 只让我伤心 你懂吗 |
[05:12] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[05:21] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[05:22] | Beth Harmon. Where am I playing? | 贝丝·哈蒙 我在哪桌 |
[05:25] | It’s table 15, right over there. | 15桌 就在那边 |
[05:28] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[05:36] | – Beth Harmon. – Shit. | -贝丝·哈蒙 -见鬼 |
[05:45] | Stupid… | 蠢东西 |
[05:46] | – Harmon? – What are you two doing here? | -哈蒙 -你们在这干什么 |
[05:49] | Losing mostly. | 大部分输棋来着 |
[05:51] | We’re on the university team now. Second and third alternate. | 我们现在进大学校队了 二三位替补 |
[05:54] | Oh, I’m sorry we won’t get to play. | 抱歉我们没法比了 |
[05:57] | We’re not. You destroy everyone you play, Harmon. | 确实 你跟谁比对方都输 哈蒙 |
[06:00] | – I can only lose so much. – That’s the truth. | -我可不输不起那么多 -没错 |
[06:04] | I said slow down! | 我说了慢点 |
[06:14] | Isn’t that skating rink a little close to the bowling alley? | 这个溜冰场是不是里保龄球道太近了 |
[06:18] | Do you mind? | 能小声点吗 |
[06:19] | – Sorry. – It works out. You see, it… | -抱歉 -这样很合理 你瞧 |
[06:21] | It keeps the bowlers cool, and you automatically… | 这能让打保龄的人凉快 然后你就自然而然… |
[06:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[06:27] | Replaying my earlier games. | 重现我之前的棋局 |
[06:30] | What on earth for? | 这是为了什么 |
[06:31] | Looking for weaknesses in my play. | 寻找我棋法里的漏洞和弱点 |
[06:35] | I see. | 这样 |
[06:37] | And? | 然后呢 |
[06:39] | There aren’t any. | 没有弱点 |
[06:42] | Good girl. | 乖女儿 |
[07:36] | It’s so much more exciting than I imagined. | 这比我想得精彩多了 |
[07:38] | Did you watch the whole game? | 你看了整场比赛吗 |
[07:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:41] | Beth. | 贝丝 |
[07:44] | When he brought out his rook, then took that pawn… | 当他用象吃掉兵的时候 |
[07:48] | I thought you were done for. I should have known better. | 我以为你要输了 我真是太天真了 |
[07:50] | Yes, you should have. | 对 你太天真了 |
[07:52] | Elizabeth, | 伊丽莎白 |
[07:54] | aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends? | 给我介绍下你的朋友吧 |
[07:56] | Sorry, | 不好意思 |
[07:57] | Matt, Mike, this is my mom. | 马特 迈克 这是我妈妈 |
[08:00] | Mike, nice to meet you. | 迈克 幸会 |
[08:02] | – Nice to meet you. – And I’m Matt. | -幸会 -我是马特 |
[08:04] | – A pleasure. – Nice to meet you. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[08:07] | Well, I don’t know about you young people, but I’m famished. | 我不知道你们年轻人怎么样 我可饿坏了 |
[08:11] | There’s a restaurant in the hotel lobby. | 酒店大堂就有餐厅 |
[08:12] | – Show us the way? – Sure. | -带我们去吧 -好的 |
[08:18] | I can’t make up my mind which one is more handsome. | 我说不好他俩谁更帅 |
[08:23] | I’d like to play in the US Open. | 我想参加美国公开赛 |
[08:25] | You might win it. | 你可能赢呢 |
[08:27] | Would that lead to playing abroad? | 那样能出国比赛吗 |
[08:29] | In Europe, I mean? | 去欧洲 |
[08:30] | No reason why not. They have to know you before they invite you. | 没什么不可能 他们必须得知道你才会邀请你 |
[08:33] | Would winning the Open make them know about me? | 赢了美国公开赛能让他们知道我吗 |
[08:35] | Hell yes! | 当然 |
[08:36] | Benny Watts plays in Europe all the time now | 本尼·瓦茨现在一直在欧洲比赛 |
[08:38] | that he has his international title. | 都获得国际冠军了 |
[08:40] | How’s the prize money? | 奖金如何 |
[08:42] | Pretty good, I think. | 应该很丰厚吧 |
[08:43] | Hm? What’s pretty good? | 有多丰厚 |
[08:46] | More than in the States. | 比美国多 |
[08:48] | What about Russia? | 那苏联呢 |
[08:50] | The Soviets are murder. | 苏联人就是杀手 |
[08:51] | They eat Americans for breakfast over there. | 他们能把美国人当早饭吃了 |
[08:53] | I don’t think there’s been an American with a prayer | 我觉得过去20年里没有美国棋手 |
[08:55] | against them in 20 years. | 敢想着打败他们 |
[08:57] | It’s like ballet. | 就像芭蕾一样 |
[08:58] | They pay people to play chess. | 他们付钱让人们去下象棋 |
[09:02] | We should probably go. We don’t wanna be late. | 我们该走了 可不能迟到 对吧 |
[09:04] | This one’s for all the marbles. | 这次是为了获胜 |
[09:07] | Five hundred of them to be exact. | 一共500美元奖金呢 |
[09:11] | That’s Rudolph. He’s a master. | 那是鲁道夫 他是特级大师 |
[09:22] | Beth cannot be happy about being crowded into an ending | 贝丝肯定不喜欢这样 被困在一个只有 |
[09:26] | with a rook, a knight, and three pawns. | 一车 一马 三兵的残局里 |
[09:30] | It’s so complicated. | 好复杂 |
[09:36] | And that’s check. | 将军了 |
[09:41] | And that’s mate. | 将死 |
[09:49] | I’ve allowed 12 dollars for our celebration supper tonight, | 今晚晚餐庆祝的预算是12美元 |
[09:52] | and two dollars for a small breakfast in the morning. | 明早可以吃个2美元的简单早餐 |
[09:55] | That makes our total expenses, so far, $172.30. | 这样的话我们的总开销就是172.3美元 |
[09:59] | Which leaves over 300 dollars. | 就还剩300美元 |
[10:03] | Beth. | 贝丝 |
[10:08] | I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[10:12] | perhaps you could give me 10%, as an agent’s commission? | 或许你可以给我10%的提成 作为经纪人佣金 |
[10:22] | Let’s make it 15%. | 15%吧 |
[10:26] | Which would be 49 dollars and 54 cents. | 那样就是49元54分 |
[10:32] | They told me at Methuen you were marvelous at math. | 之前梅休因的人就说你数学很好 |
[10:38] | “Schoolgirl beats Grandmaster in Pittsburgh.” | “女学生在匹兹堡击败特级大师” |
[10:42] | “Onlookers were amazed at her youthful fine points of strategy.” | “观赛者惊叹于她新奇独到的战术” |
[10:46] | “She shows the assurance of a player twice her age.” | “她展现出比同龄人多一倍的信心” |
[10:53] | That’s national recognition, dear. | 这是国家认可了 亲爱的 |
[10:55] | I’m afraid she’s had a bit of a relapse. | 恐怕她又复发了 |
[10:57] | The doctor wants to keep her in bed for a few more days. | 医生想让她在卧床休息几天 |
[11:03] | I’m sure she’ll be better by Monday. | 我想她周一肯定会好多了 |
[11:05] | One of the worst colds I’ve ever seen in a child. | 我见过孩子所患最严重的感冒了 |
[11:08] | The poor dear. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[11:10] | We’re gonna be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[11:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:14] | Lots of liquids. | 多多喝水 |
[11:17] | – Thank you. – You’re Welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[11:24] | There’s a tournament in Huston over the holidays, | 过节时休斯顿有个锦标赛 |
[11:26] | starting on the 26th. | 从26号开始 |
[11:32] | I understand it’s very easy to travel on Christmas Day | 我知道在圣诞节出门很容易 |
[11:34] | since most people are home eating plum pudding or whatever. | 因为大多数人都在家吃杏子布丁什么的 |
[11:39] | I saw that one, too. | 我也看到那个比赛了 |
[11:44] | I believe we could fly to Huston, | 我想我们可以飞过去 |
[11:46] | have a very pleasant winter vacation in the sun. | 晒着太阳过个惬意的冬天 |
[11:50] | Do girly things. | 做点女孩的事 |
[11:53] | I hear they have a very lovely beauty spa at the hotel. | 我听说酒店有个很不错的水疗按摩 |
[11:58] | Yes, Mother. | 好的 母亲 |
[12:12] | She has a fever of 101. | 她高烧发到38.3度 |
[12:14] | Must be the flu. | 肯定是流感 |
[12:17] | She won’t be back until after the holidays. | 她要节日以后才能回来了 |
[12:30] | They’re calling you a wunderkind. | 人们说你是神童 |
[12:35] | I might have to start keeping a scrapbook. | 我最好开始做个剪贴本了 |
[12:40] | How’s your meal? | 你吃的如何 |
[12:42] | This might be the best Christmas I’ve ever had. | 这可能是我最快乐的一个圣诞节了 |
[13:07] | It’s good. | 很好喝 |
[13:09] | Is that a martini? | 是马丁尼吗 |
[13:11] | Gibson. | 吉布森鸡尾酒 |
[13:13] | I find the onion slightly more refined than the olive. | 我觉得洋葱比橄榄更小资 |
[13:22] | 苏联象棋锦标赛 瓦西里·博尔戈夫蝉联获胜 | |
[13:28] | I should probably learn how to speak Russian. | 我或许该学学怎么说俄语 |
[13:32] | Do they teach that at Fairfield? | 费尔菲尔德教这个吗 |
[13:34] | I’d have to take a night class at the junior college. | 我得去大专上夜校 |
[13:41] | The kids would all be older than you. | 那些孩子都会比你大 |
[13:44] | And by kids, I mean boys. | 而且所谓孩子 就是男孩 |
[13:51] | They say you’re the real thing. | 他们说你是货真价实的天才棋手 |
[13:53] | That’s it, honey, hold it up so we can see it. | 就这样 亲爱的 拿稳了让我们看到 |
[13:56] | So, can you tell the readers of life how it feels? | 你能告诉读者这种生活是怎样的吗 |
[13:59] | I mean, to be a girl among all those men? | 一堆男人中只有你一个女孩 |
[14:03] | I don’t mind it. | 我不介意 |
[14:04] | Isn’t it intimidating? | 很吓人吗 |
[14:06] | I mean, when I was a girl, I wasn’t allowed to be competitive. | 我还是女孩的时候 大人不让我争强好胜 |
[14:09] | I played with dolls. | 我就玩玩娃娃 |
[14:11] | – Chess isn’t always competitive. – No, but you play to win. | -象棋并不总是争强好胜 -对 但你是为了赢 |
[14:14] | Yes, but chess can also be… | 对 不过象棋也可以 |
[14:18] | What? | 怎么 |
[14:20] | Beautiful. | 很美 |
[14:26] | You’re an orphan, Beth. | 你是个孤儿 贝丝 |
[14:28] | Yes, I know that. | 对 我知道 |
[14:29] | No, yes, of course you do. | 不是 你当然知道 |
[14:31] | I was wondering how you learned to play chess. | 我是想问你是怎么学会下棋的 |
[14:33] | Mr. Shaibel taught me. | 夏贝先生教我的 |
[14:36] | He was the janitor at Methuen. | 他以前是梅休因孤儿院的管理员 |
[14:39] | A janitor taught you how to play? Really? | 一个管理员教你下象棋吗 真的假的 |
[14:42] | When I was eight. | 在我8岁的时候 |
[14:43] | I imagine… | 我猜 |
[14:45] | it must have been such a distraction from life | 这在你阴郁沉闷的生活中 |
[14:48] | in such a depressing place. | 肯定让你快乐了不少 |
[14:51] | You must have been very lonely. | 你肯定很寂寞 |
[14:54] | I’m fine being alone. | 我不介意一个人 |
[14:57] | Do you imagine that you saw the king as a father, | 你是否把王想成父亲 |
[15:00] | and the queen as a mother? | 把后想成母亲呢 |
[15:02] | I mean, one to attack, one to protect? | 一个进攻 另一个保护 |
[15:05] | They’re just pieces. | 它们只是棋子 |
[15:09] | And anyway it was the board I noticed first. | 反正最开始吸引我的是棋盘 |
[15:11] | The board? | 棋盘 |
[15:12] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:14] | It’s an entire world of just 64 squares. | 那是个由64个方格组成的世界 |
[15:18] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[15:19] | safe in it. | 在里面很安全 |
[15:22] | I can control it, I can dominate it. | 我能控制它 我能主宰它 |
[15:27] | And it’s predictable. | 而且可预料 |
[15:31] | So, if I get hurt, I only have myself to blame. | 如果我受伤了 那也只能怪自己 |
[15:34] | How interesting. | 真有意思 |
[15:38] | Tell me, Elizabeth. | 告诉我 伊丽莎白 |
[15:41] | Have you ever heard of something called apophenia? | 你听说过幻想性错觉吗 |
[15:44] | No, what’s that? | 没有 那是什么 |
[15:45] | It’s the finding of pattern or meaning where other people don’t. | 是找到别人看不到的模式或意义 |
[15:50] | Sometimes, people with this condition get feelings | 有时 还有这种症状的人会有 |
[15:53] | of revelation or ecstasies. | 陶醉或狂喜的情绪 |
[15:56] | Sometimes, people find patterns or meaning where there aren’t any. | 有时 他们会寻找根本不存在的模式或意义 |
[16:01] | What does that have to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系 |
[16:03] | Creativity and psychosis often go hand in hand. | 创造力和精神分裂经常同时出现 |
[16:07] | Or, for that matter, genius and madness. | 或换句话说 天才在左疯子在右 |
[16:13] | You think I’m crazy? | 你觉得我疯了吗 |
[16:14] | – No, of course not. I was just asking– – I think that’s enough. | -不 当然不是 我只是想问 -我觉得差不多了 |
[16:18] | Beth has homework to finish. | 贝丝还有作业 |
[16:20] | She is, after all, still a young woman in school. | 她毕竟还是个上学的孩子 |
[16:23] | – Just like all the other kids her age. – Yes, of course. | -就像她的同龄人一样 -当然 |
[16:27] | – It was an honor to meet you. – Thanks. | -很荣幸见到你 -谢谢 |
[16:31] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[16:33] | you might try bridge. | 你该学学桥牌 |
[16:35] | – I hear a lot of chess players enjoy it. – I’ll show you out. | -我听说很多象棋手喜欢玩 -我送你出去 |
[16:48] | “With some people, chess is a pastime.” | “对一些人而言 象棋是消遣” |
[16:50] | “With others, it is a compulsion, even an addiction.” | “而其他人 是强迫症 甚至是上瘾” |
[16:54] | “And every now and then, a person comes along | “然而时不常的 会出现这样一个人 |
[16:56] | for whom it is a birthright.” | 于他而言象棋是天命” |
[16:58] | Now and then, a small boy appears | 时不常的 会有个小男孩 |
[16:59] | and dazzles us with his precocity, | 用他的天赋和早慧 |
[17:02] | at what may be the world’s most difficult game.” | 在世上最难的游戏上惊诧众人” |
[17:05] | “But what if that boy were a girl?” | “但如果这个男孩其实是女孩呢” |
[17:08] | “A young, unsmiling girl, with brown eyes, | “一位年轻 寡笑的女孩 有着棕色瞳仁 |
[17:11] | red hair, and a dark blue dress?” | 姜红头发 身穿深蓝裙装” |
[17:14] | We started a chess club. | 我们有象棋社了 |
[17:16] | “Into the male-dominated world | “在这个男人主宰的世界 |
[17:18] | of the nation’s top chess tournaments, | 全国顶级象棋锦标赛中 |
[17:20] | strolls a teenage girl with bright, intense eyes, | 闯入一位带着明亮坚毅眼神的少女 |
[17:24] | from Fairfield High School in Lexington, Kentucky.” | 她来自肯塔基州莱克星顿的费尔菲尔德高中” |
[17:27] | “She is quiet, well-mannered, | “她少言寡语 彬彬有礼 |
[17:29] | and out for blood.” | 在棋场大开杀戒” |
[17:32] | “Beth Harmon… “ | “贝丝·哈蒙” |
[17:38] | Where was I? | 写我的呢 |
[17:41] | It’s all Greek, all of a sudden. | 突然全是希腊文了 |
[17:42] | It’s okay, I’ve heard enough. | 没事 我听够了 |
[17:47] | I don’t know why my body is so intent on sabotaging my brain, | 不知道为什么我的身体这么执意要摧毁我的脑子 |
[17:50] | when my brain is perfectly capable of sabotaging itself. | 明明我的脑子完全能自我摧毁 |
[17:57] | It’s mostly about my being a girl. | 大多是关于我是个女孩 |
[17:59] | Well, you are one. | 你的确是 |
[18:00] | It shouldn’t be that important. | 但这点不该这么重要 |
[18:03] | They didn’t print half the things I said. | 我说的话 他们一半都没写 |
[18:05] | They didn’t tell about Mr. Shaibel, | 他们没说夏贝先生 |
[18:07] | and they didn’t say anything about how I play the Sicilian. | 他们没说任何关于我怎么下西西里开局的事 |
[18:11] | Beth, dear, it makes you a celebrity. | 贝丝 亲爱的 你成名人了 |
[18:13] | Yeah, for being a girl. | 对 全因为我是个女孩 |
[18:21] | Did you ever think maybe it’s the drinking | 你有没有想过也许是喝酒 |
[18:22] | that’s making you sick? | 让你身体不舒服的 |
[18:24] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[18:26] | I’ve flirted with alcohol most of my life. | 我已经调戏了酒大半辈子 |
[18:29] | If anything, I think | 就算有什么 我想 |
[18:30] | it’s high time I consummated the relationship. | 现在也是我们同房的时刻了 |
[18:34] | To motherhood. | 敬母亲 |
[18:44] | Beth? | 贝丝 |
[18:46] | We’re having a pledge party, | 我们要开入会派对 |
[18:48] | Friday night, my house. | 周五晚 在我家 |
[18:50] | The other Apple Pis asked me to invite you. | 其他苹果派的姑娘让我邀请你 |
[18:53] | – Friday night? – 7:30. | -周五晚 -7点半 |
[18:56] | Can you make it? | 你能来吗 |
[19:49] | It was really something | 真了不起 |
[19:50] | to see you in the newspaper all those times. | 一直看到你登报 |
[19:53] | All those places you’ve been, which was your favorite? | 你去了那么多地方 最喜欢哪里 |
[19:56] | I liked Houston. | 我喜欢休斯顿 |
[20:02] | But now that my rating’s up to 1800, | 但现在我等级分已经1800了 |
[20:05] | I hope to go to Las Vegas | 我希望能去拉斯维加斯 |
[20:07] | to play in the US Open next month. | 参加下个月的美国公开赛 |
[20:10] | What about the boys? | 那男孩呢 |
[20:11] | Are they good-looking? | 他们帅吗 |
[20:13] | Do you date any of them? | 你跟他们约会过吗 |
[20:15] | There’s not really much time for that. | 其实没时间关注那些 |
[20:17] | But if you had the time… | 但如果你有时间 |
[20:19] | is there anyone you’ve met that you’d like to… | 如果有你喜欢的人 你想跟他 |
[20:23] | trade rooks with, or whatever? | “切磋”的棋手 |
[20:27] | I mean, I trade rooks all the time, but it’s not– | 我一直跟棋手切磋棋艺 但不是 |
[20:31] | I bet you do. | 我想也是 |
[20:32] | Now, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[20:33] | Hullabaloo proudly presents | 哈利布鲁荣幸地为大家介绍 |
[20:35] | your favorite band from Turtle Creek… | 来自特特尔克里克 各位最爱的乐队 |
[20:37] | – Thank you, Dora. – …The Vogues! | -谢谢 朵拉 -潮流乐队 |
[20:38] | – Who wants a cupcake? – Yes, please. | -谁想要纸杯蛋糕 -太好了 |
[20:42] | I love this song. Turn it up. | 我喜欢这首歌 大声点 |
[20:48] | *Every time we meet* | *每次我们相遇* |
[20:51] | *Everything is sweet* | *一切都甜如蜜* |
[20:54] | *Oh, you’re so tender I must surrender* | *你如此温柔 令我沦陷* |
[20:57] | *My love is your love now and forever* | *我的爱就是你的爱 直到永远* |
[21:01] | *You’re the one that I long to kiss* | *我渴望亲吻你* |
[21:04] | *Baby you’re the one that I really miss* | *宝贝 我最想念的就是你* |
[21:07] | *You’re the one that I’m dreaming of* | *我梦里出现的人是你* |
[21:10] | *Baby, you’re the one that I love…* | *宝贝 我爱的人是你* |
[21:13] | I’m gonna use the bathroom. | 我去下厕所 |
[23:56] | Harmon? | 哈蒙 |
[23:59] | Townes? | 陶恩斯 |
[24:00] | That is you. | 真的是你 |
[24:02] | My stars! You look… | 天呐 你看上去 |
[24:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:09] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[24:12] | I thought we might bump into each other | 我看到你的名字在锦标赛名单上时 |
[24:14] | when I saw your name on the tournament list. | 就想着我们可能会见面 |
[24:16] | – I didn’t see yours. – I’m not playing. | -我没看见你的 -我不参赛 |
[24:18] | Chess Review sent me to write it up. | 《象棋天下》让我来写文章 |
[24:21] | Must confess, I was hoping to see you here last year. | 我不得不说 去年我就希望能遇到你 |
[24:24] | I was supposed to. | 我本来是要来 |
[24:26] | I even paid the fee, but my mother got sick. | 连参赛费都交了 但我母亲生病了 |
[24:28] | – And I didn’t want to come alone. – She all right? | -我不想一个人来 -她还好吗 |
[24:31] | Fine. | 还好 |
[24:32] | I should have come on my own, | 我应该一个人来 |
[24:33] | but I told myself | 但我告诉自己 |
[24:35] | that the Open’s not as important as the US Championships. | 公开赛没有全美锦标赛重要 |
[24:37] | Oh, no. No, it’s not. | 不 确实 |
[24:40] | But I’m sure glad you came. | 但我很开心你来了 |
[24:42] | It’s probably a good idea for me to play in something | 或许这样也好 能参加一些 |
[24:44] | other than the events I pick for the money. | 不仅仅是赢奖金的比赛 |
[24:47] | Looks like you’re making a lot. | 看起来你赚了不少 |
[24:48] | Yeah, I guess so. | 对 是不少 |
[24:52] | Still, you could become a world-class player, be a real pro. | 不过 你可以成为一个世界级的象棋手 专业棋手 |
[24:56] | – I started taking Russian at night. – Oh, that’s smart. | -我晚上在上俄语课 -很明智 |
[24:59] | Don’t wanna plateau. | 不想遇到瓶颈期 |
[25:01] | No, plateaus are the worst. | 那是 瓶颈期最要命了 |
[25:05] | And you’re far too old to be called a prodigy anymore. | 而且你现在大了 已经不能叫你神童了 |
[25:11] | I should do something on you for the magazine. | 我该给杂志写点关于你的故事 |
[25:13] | – I was on the cover last month. – Of course. | -上个月我是杂志封面 -当然 |
[25:16] | I must have got it mixed up with the one in Life magazine. | 我肯定是和《生活》杂志搞混了 |
[25:21] | I also work for the Herald-Leader. | 我还在《哈罗德先驱者》工作 |
[25:23] | In Lexington? | 莱克星顿那个吗 |
[25:24] | I could do a half-page on you for Sunday’s paper. | 我可以在周日报上写半页你的专题报道 |
[25:26] | – Won’t be as big a deal as Life, but– – Yeah, sure. | -虽然不及《生活》影响力那么大 但是 -好啊 |
[25:30] | If you want to. | 如果你想 |
[25:31] | I got a camera in my room. | 我的房间里有相机 |
[25:34] | In your room? | 你的房间 |
[25:36] | Chess boards, too. We could play. | 也有象棋 我们可以下几局 |
[25:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:42] | Let’s go up. | 我们上去吧 |
[26:10] | Why don’t you sit over by the window? | 不如你去窗户边坐吧 |
[26:16] | – Uh, may I… – Oh, yeah, just toss them. | -我能… -可以 随便放就行 |
[26:29] | I wasn’t ready. | 我没准备好 |
[26:32] | You look great. | 你看着很棒 |
[26:37] | Scooch to your left. | 往左边一点 |
[26:41] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[26:47] | Say… | 说 |
[26:49] | “Ruy Lopez. “ | “西班牙开局” |
[27:00] | You could go by the board. | 你可以坐到棋盘旁 |
[27:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:12] | I see you’ve done this before. | 看起来你不是新手 |
[27:17] | Do you want me to play? | 你想让我下棋吗 |
[27:18] | Sure. Black to move. | 行 走黑棋 |
[27:24] | All right, slow down. | 悠着点 |
[27:33] | Yeah, that’s more my-my speed. | 对 这才是我的速度 |
[27:47] | You’ve grown up, Harmon. | 你长大了 哈蒙 |
[27:50] | You’ve even gotten good-looking. | 你甚至变美了 |
[27:54] | I don’t even know your first name. | 我还不知道你的名字 |
[27:56] | Everyone calls me Townes. | 大家都叫我陶恩斯 |
[27:58] | Maybe that’s why I call you Harmon, instead of Elizabeth. | 或许正因为此我才叫你哈蒙 而不是伊丽莎白 |
[28:03] | It’s Beth. | 是贝丝 |
[28:06] | I like Harmon. | 我喜欢哈蒙 |
[28:55] | – Roger. – I’m not interrupting, am I? | -罗杰 -我没打扰你们吧 |
[28:59] | Th-That’s okay. Uh, We’re just… | 没关系 我们只是… |
[29:03] | Beth Harmon, this is Roger Dione. | 贝丝·哈蒙 这是罗杰·迪翁 |
[29:06] | Harmon? The chess prodigy. | 哈蒙 那个象棋天才 |
[29:09] | – I’ve heard so much about you. – Nice to meet you. | -久仰大名了 -很高兴认识你 |
[29:11] | I thought you were gonna play some baccarat? | 我以为你要去打牌玩百家乐呢 |
[29:14] | Thought I’d quit while I was behind and go read by the pool. | 我想着输钱了就走人吧 正好去泳池边看书 |
[29:17] | You two carry on. I’ll be gone in a minute. | 你们继续 我马上就走 |
[29:28] | – Let’s play chess. – Okay. | -我们下棋吧 -好 |
[29:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:42] | Right. | 好了 |
[29:45] | Here we go. | 开始吧 |
[29:50] | Pleasure to meet you, Beth. | 很高兴认识你 贝丝 |
[29:52] | You too. | 你也是 |
[29:54] | Dinner’s at nine. | 晚餐9点 |
[29:57] | Don’t forget. | 别忘了 |
[30:08] | Marge, did your aunt leave you everything? | 玛格 你阿姨真的把一切都留给你了吗 |
[30:11] | I was her only heir. | 我是她唯一的继承人 |
[30:12] | Where have you been, honey? | 你去哪了 亲爱的 |
[30:14] | You’ve been gone for hours. | 你走了好几个小时 |
[30:16] | – Playing chess. – I don’t Wanna talk about it. | -在下棋 -我不想谈这个 |
[30:19] | – Practicing. – Okay. | -练习 -好吧 |
[30:22] | That’s all? | 就这样 |
[30:24] | Yeah, that’s all. | 就这样 |
[30:27] | Well, it’s the perfume I use that makes me smell so nice. | 是香水让我这么好闻 |
[30:27] | 肯塔基 D·L·陶恩斯 | |
[30:31] | Do me a favor and hand me a beer on the desk over there? | 你能帮忙把桌子上的啤酒拿给我吗 |
[30:35] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[30:37] | I think I’ve got one. I think I’ve got a gimmick. | 我觉得我有一个花招 |
[30:41] | A gimmick is an angle that works for you. | 花招就是一个能对你有作用的方法 |
[30:44] | To keep you from working too hard for yourself. | 为了不让你为工作太辛苦 |
[30:47] | – Simple. – Specifically, what is your angle? | -很简单 -具体来说 你的方法是什么 |
[30:50] | Specifically… | 具体来说 |
[30:53] | I suppose you’ve never had beer. | 你没喝过啤酒吧 |
[30:57] | – All right, Sam. – Here. | -好吧 山姆 -来 |
[31:02] | Come here. | 来这里 |
[31:07] | My father used to work here as a mill hand. | 我父亲以前在这里当磨坊工人 |
[31:09] | So did mine. When he was sober. | 我父亲也是 当他清醒的时候 |
[31:12] | Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Not so fast. | 悠着点 别喝这么快 |
[31:14] | Now, you’re even. | 现在你扯平了 |
[31:15] | Now, I’m even. | 现在扯平了 |
[31:17] | I was 21 when I took it over. It had 3,000 workers then. | 我接手时才21岁 当时有三千员工 |
[31:21] | It’s got 30,000 now. | 现在有三万 |
[31:23] | Ran as far as that gate, | 之前一直到那扇门那边 |
[31:24] | now it goes down to the edge of the river. | 现在能到河旁边 |
[31:27] | And I did it all by myself. | 全都靠我一个人 |
[31:29] | – Without Walter, without– – I’d like another. | -没有沃尔特 没有 -我想再来一瓶 |
[31:33] | – All by myself. – You really shouldn’t. | -全都靠我一个人 -你不能喝了 |
[31:36] | Half of this should make quite a score. | 这一半应该非常有价值 |
[31:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:41] | But if you’re gonna have one, get me one, too. | 如果你要去拿一瓶 也给我拿一瓶 |
[31:44] | That’s What I had in mind. | 我也是这么想的 |
[31:47] | You went out of here a dirty kid once before, | 之前你离开这里 像一个落魄的小孩 |
[31:48] | that can happen again. | 这有可能再次发生 |
[31:51] | Escape from clothesline drudgery, | 逃离晾衣绳的麻烦 |
[31:53] | but listen to Jinx first. | 但先听听金克丝怎么说 |
[31:55] | When you buy your dryer, be sure you get the best kind, | 买烘干机时 一定要买最好的 |
[31:59] | a gas dryer. | 气体烘干机 |
[32:00] | Your most delicate fabrics are safe in a gas dryer. | 最精细的布料放在气体烘干机里很安全 |
[32:05] | See? A gentle stream of warm air | 看到了吗 一股暖流 |
[32:07] | sends the clothes’ moisture away. | 把衣服上的湿气吹走了 |
[32:20] | My first match was against this guy from Oklahoma. | 我的第一个对手是这个来自俄克拉荷马的人 |
[32:24] | It was all over in two dozen moves. | 24步就结束了 |
[32:28] | Then, this guy from San Francisco. | 然后就是一个来自旧金山的人 |
[32:31] | I played the Marshall. | 我使用了马歇尔反击 |
[32:33] | Um, sacrificed my queen, the Way that Paul Morphy did one time. | 牺牲了后 保罗·墨菲曾经做过一次 |
[32:38] | One more. | 再来一杯 |
[32:40] | What about, um… | 那个人 |
[32:41] | What’s his name? The one you told me about. | 他叫什么来着 你告诉过我 |
[32:43] | Bobby something? | 好像是波比 |
[32:45] | – Benny Watts. – Yes, him. | -本尼·瓦茨 -就是他 |
[32:48] | No losses, but one draw. | 没输过 但是有一个平局 |
[32:50] | Queens Gambit Declined is so well respected. | 使用拒后翼弃兵很受尊重 |
[32:53] | I’ve seen him a couple of times. | 我见过他几次 |
[32:56] | Always got a crowd around him. | 身边总有一群人 |
[32:57] | Well, of course, he’s the US Champion. | 当然了 他是美国冠军 |
[33:00] | He’s Benny Watts. | 他是本尼·瓦茨 |
[33:03] | Some people say he’s the most talented American player | 有些人说继墨菲之后 他是最有天赋的 |
[33:05] | since Morphy. | 美国棋手 |
[33:07] | I read about a game he played in Copenhagen, | 我读过他在哥本哈根下的一局棋 |
[33:09] | a draw against Naj Dorf. | 一场对阵纳尔·多夫的平局 |
[33:11] | That was in 1948, | 那是在1948年 |
[33:13] | which means that Benny was eight years old. | 也就是说本尼那时八岁 |
[33:16] | I’ve seen a picture of him at 13 | 我见过一张他在13岁的照片 |
[33:17] | in front of a whole bunch of sailors. | 站在一群水手前面 |
[33:20] | He played against the entire team | 他和安纳波利斯的 |
[33:21] | at Annapolis without losing a game. | 整支队伍对弈过 没输过一场 |
[33:23] | Sounds like someone else I know. | 听起来像我认识的一个人 |
[33:26] | When I was nine, I was playing Mr. Shaibel in the basement. | 我九岁的时候 和夏贝先生在地下室下棋 |
[33:30] | Anyway, I’m not afraid of him. | 无论如何 我不怕他 |
[33:33] | I don’t suppose there’s anyone you’re afraid of. | 我不觉得你会怕什么人 |
[33:37] | There is one player that scares me. | 有一个棋手吓到了我 |
[33:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[33:42] | The Russian. | 那个俄国人 |
[33:45] | Borgov. | 博尔戈夫 |
[33:46] | It’s a lot more of a dynamic game than the Caro. | 比卡罗防御的变化多得多 |
[33:49] | Which is not the case with QGD versus Slav. | 但拒后翼弃兵对上斯拉夫开局就不一样了 |
[34:04] | You’re Beth Harmon. | 你是贝丝·哈蒙 |
[34:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:09] | I saw the piece in Life. | 我看到《生活》杂志的采访了 |
[34:13] | Game they printed, that was a pretty one. | 他们发表的那场比赛很精彩 |
[34:14] | The one with you and Beltik. | 你和贝尔蒂克下的那场 |
[34:16] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[34:19] | – I’m, uh, Benny Watts. – I know. | -我是本尼·瓦茨 -我知道 |
[34:22] | We met a couple of years ago in Cincinnati. | 我们几年前在辛辛那提见过 |
[34:25] | Didn’t meet, but we spoke. | 没交手 但是说过话 |
[34:28] | – Cincinnati? – You didn’t play that year. | -辛辛那提 -你那年没参加比赛 |
[34:32] | Okay, I’ll take your word for it. | 好吧 我相信你 |
[34:35] | Guess I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[34:38] | You shouldn’t have castled. | 你不应该使用王车易位 |
[34:42] | In your game with Beltik. | 那场和贝尔蒂克的对局 |
[34:46] | I needed to get the rook out. | 我得救我的车 |
[34:48] | Well, you could have lost your advantage. | 你那么做很可能会失去优势 |
[34:52] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[34:56] | He plays pawn-takes-pawn. You can’t take back. | 他要是兵吃兵 你就救不回来了 |
[35:01] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[35:02] | I can’t. I got an adjournment I gotta go play. | 不行 我还有盘棋要回去下 |
[35:04] | But set it up, think it out. | 但模拟一下 想一想 |
[35:06] | Your problem is your queen knight. | 你的问题在于后翼马 |
[35:09] | I don’t Want to set it up and think it out. | 我不想再模拟和思考 |
[35:40] | Beltik could have beat me. | 贝尔蒂克本能击败我 |
[35:42] | But he didn’t. | 他没有 |
[35:43] | Yes, but he could have. | 但是他有机会 |
[35:45] | What’s worse is I didn’t even see it. | 更糟的是我都没有看出来 |
[35:48] | Benny Watts, just by reading about a player | 本尼·瓦茨仅仅是读了一名 |
[35:50] | he knows nothing about, | 他不认识的棋手 |
[35:51] | he picks it up. | 他就明白了 |
[35:54] | I was so proud of myself when I found an error in a Morphy game, | 当我发现墨菲棋局中的错误时 我很自豪 |
[35:57] | and now someone’s done it to me. | 现在有人也发现了我的错误 |
[35:59] | Stop thinking about what might have happened in the past, | 别再想以前可能发生什么了 |
[36:02] | and get some sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
[36:09] | So stupid! | 太傻了 |
[36:36] | Pawn to bishop four, right? | 兵走象线第四格 对吗 |
[36:38] | Yes. | 没错 |
[38:39] | I thought he could see what I was planning. | 我以为他能看出来我的打算 |
[38:50] | I thought he could hear my heart beating, | 我以为他能听到我的心跳 |
[38:52] | and know how panicked I was. | 知道我深陷恐慌 |
[38:59] | He still had time to get out of it. | 他仍然有时间解局 |
[39:04] | But he took the piece just as I planned. | 但他走了我希望他走的子 |
[39:10] | I went into that game with a perfect score. | 开始对局之前 我是满胜晋级 |
[39:14] | Benny had two draws, so a draw would give me the title. | 本尼有两个平局 所以一场平局我就能赢 |
[39:19] | I wanted to win. | 但我想赢 |
[39:22] | I wanted to hammer his weaknesses. | 我想打击他的弱点 |
[39:23] | I wanted to show that fucking pirate that I could beat him, | 我想告诉那个该死的海盗我能获胜 |
[39:25] | even though I didn’t play the way he thought I should. | 即便我没有按他设想的那样下棋 |
[39:29] | Then, he captured my center pawn, my protected pawn, | 但后来他吃掉了我中间的兵 受保护的兵 |
[39:32] | the pawn that had held his queen to her corner | 那个在大半场比赛中都把他的后 |
[39:33] | for most of the game. | 压制到角落的兵 |
[39:36] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[39:38] | He forced an exchange of queens. | 他逼我以后换后 |
[39:43] | Couldn’t believe it. | 简直不敢相信 |
[39:45] | And then I saw what it meant. | 然后我就想通了 |
[39:48] | With the pawn gone, I was open to a rook-bishop mate, | 那个兵没了 我就有可能被车和象将杀 |
[39:51] | because of the bishop on the open diagonal. | 因为象处在开放斜对角线上 |
[39:54] | I could protect my retreating knight | 我可以把一个车移过去 |
[39:55] | by moving one of the rooks over, | 保护马撤退 |
[39:57] | but the protection wouldn’t last, | 但这种保护不会持久 |
[39:59] | because his fucking, innocent-looking knight | 因为他那该死的 看起来没什么用的马 |
[40:01] | would block my king’s escape. | 阻挡了王的逃脱路线 |
[40:03] | The more I looked, the worse it all became. | 我越看 形势就越糟糕 |
[40:06] | Caught me completely off guard. | 让我完全措手不及 |
[40:08] | It was brutal. | 太残忍了 |
[40:11] | It’s the kind of thing I did to other people. | 这是我对其他人做过的事 |
[40:14] | Kind of thing that Morphy did, and I missed it. | 墨菲也是这样 但我漏掉了 |
[40:17] | I’d been thinking about doubled pawns. | 我一直在想叠兵 |
[40:19] | You were thinking about winning. | 你只想要赢 |
[40:25] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[40:28] | I needed a counterthreat. | 我需要反击 |
[40:30] | A move that would stop him in his tracks, but there wasn’t any. | 可以阻止他的一步 但是我没找到 |
[40:34] | I spent half an hour studying the board, | 我用了半个小时研究棋盘 |
[40:36] | and decided that Benny’s move was even sounder than I thought. | 然后发现本尼的走子比我想象的还要合理 |
[40:40] | I thought maybe I could trade my way out of it | 我以为如果他进攻得太快了 |
[40:42] | if he attacked too fast, but… | 我就能找到一条出路 但 |
[40:44] | he was careful. | 他很小心 |
[40:50] | I had to retreat, but he kept coming. | 我不得不撤退 他却不断向前 |
[40:56] | I wanted to scream. | 我很想尖叫 |
[41:00] | You resign, now. | 你该认输了 |
[41:19] | Tough game. | 困难的一局 |
[41:38] | You’ll split the prize money. | 你们会平分奖金 |
[41:41] | You’ll be co-champions. | 你们都是冠军 |
[41:43] | You will still get a trophy, albeit a smaller one. | 你仍然会得到一个奖杯 尽管较小 |
[41:47] | It happens all the time. | 这种事经常发生 |
[41:49] | I made some inquiries. | 我查过了 |
[41:50] | The Open Championship is often shared. | 公开赛经常会有双冠军 |
[41:52] | I didn’t see what he was doing. | 我看不出来他在做什么 |
[41:55] | You can’t finesse everything all the time. | 你不可能总是事事完美 |
[41:59] | Nobody can. | 没有人能 |
[42:00] | You don’t know anything about chess. | 你一点都不懂象棋 |
[42:04] | – I know what it feels like to lose. – Yeah, I bet you do. | -我知道输是什么感觉 -可不是嘛 |
[42:11] | And now you do, too. | 现在你也知道了 |
[42:26] | Harmon! | 哈蒙 |
[42:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[42:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:35] | I know how badly you wanted to beat Benny. | 我知道你有多想打败本尼 |
[42:38] | You’ll get another shot. | 你还会有机会的 |
[42:40] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[42:43] | Give my best to Roger. | 代我向罗杰问好 |
[42:45] | Beth! | 贝丝 |
[43:00] | *Why does the sun go on shining?* | *为什么太阳仍然闪耀* |
[43:08] | *Why does the sea rush to shore?* | *为什么海浪更迭不息* |
[43:16] | *Don’t they know* | *它们难道不知道* |
[43:19] | *It’s the end of the world?* | *这就是世界末日* |
[43:24] | *When you don’t love me anymore* | *当你不再爱我* |
[43:32] | *Why does my heart go on beating?* | *为什么心脏仍在跳动* |
[43:40] | *Why do these eyes of mine cry?* | *为什么眼睛悲伤低泣* |
[43:48] | *Don’t they know* | *它们难道不知道* |
[43:51] | *It’s the end of the world?* | *这就是世界末日* |
[43:55] | *It ended when you said goodbye* | *当你跟我告别* |
[44:01] | *I Wake up in the morning and I wonder* | *今早我醒来困惑不已* |
[44:09] | *Why everything’s the same as it was* | *为什么一切仍是原样* |
[44:16] | *And I can’t understand* | *我也不能理解* |
[44:20] | *Why life goes on the way it does* | *为什么生活会这样继续* |
[44:27] | *Why do the birds go on singing?* | *为什么鸟儿仍在歌唱* |
[44:35] | *Why do the stars shine above?* | *为什么星星闪亮夜空* |
[44:43] | *Don’t they know* | *它们难道不知道* |
[44:46] | *It’s the end of the world?* | *这就是世界末日* |
[44:50] | *It ended* | *当你* |
[44:53] | *When you said* | *跟我* |
[44:55] | *Good-bye* | *告别* |