时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | The Statue of Liberty, | 自由女神像 |
[00:07] | the Great Lady of New York has been speaking loud and clear since 1885. | 自1885年以来这位矗立在纽约的高大女神一直响亮地表达着 |
[00:12] | Anybody know what she’s trying to say? Maya? | 有人知道她想说什么吗 玛雅 |
[00:19] | Should I just talk? | 我可以回答吗 |
[00:20] | No, I’m sick of people thinking Farkle’s smarter than I am. | 不 我受够了大家都觉得法尔科比我聪明 |
[00:24] | Here comes fun. | 好戏来了 |
[00:25] | Name one thing about the Statue of Liberty | 说一件你知道而我不知道的 |
[00:27] | that you know that I don’t. | 关于自由女神的事 |
[00:29] | She was a gift of friendship from… | 她是一份代表友谊的礼物 是 |
[00:30] | Cathy. | 凯茜送的 |
[00:32] | We got her right after… | 我们得到她是因为 |
[00:34] | Cathy didn’t want her anymore. | 凯茜不想要她了 |
[00:36] | What does she stand for? | 她有什么意义呢 |
[00:38] | Because Cathy took her chair. | 因为凯茜拿走了她的椅子 |
[00:41] | Boy, that Cathy, huh, what a hoot. | 天哪 搞笑的凯茜 |
[00:45] | She’s not real, genius. I made her up. | 她不存在 天才 她是我编出来的 |
[00:47] | I’m so smarter than you. | 我比你聪明多了 |
[00:51] | You are. You really are. | 你是 你确实是 |
[00:58] | Welcome to Cultural Week, people. | 欢迎来到文化周 同学们 |
[01:00] | The school is throwing a cultural fair | 学校要举办一个文化展会 |
[01:02] | to celebrate who we are and where we came from. | 来展现我们的身份和我们的来历 |
[01:06] | Anybody here taking part? | 有人参加了这个展会吗 |
[01:09] | My grandma’s gonna have a booth at the fair, Mr. Matthews. | 马修斯老师 我奶奶在这个展会上有一个展位 |
[01:12] | That’s great, Nigel. | 很棒 奈杰尔 |
[01:13] | What culture will you be celebrating? | 你要展示的是什么文化呢 |
[01:14] | She was originally from Cambodia, | 她来自柬埔寨 |
[01:16] | she escaped and lived in the Philippines, then she came here. | 但是她逃到了菲律宾生活 最后她来到了美国 |
[01:19] | Did you know that about him? | 你知道他这事儿吗 |
[01:20] | It surprises me when any of these guys talk. | 这些男生的话都让我很惊艳 |
[01:23] | And that’s exactly what makes America so unique. | 这正是使美国如此独一无二的原因 |
[01:28] | We all come from exotic locales with fascinating traditions. | 我们都来自不同的地方 有着不同的迷人的传统 |
[01:31] | Well, where are we from? | 这个嘛 我们来自哪里呢 |
[01:33] | Philly. | 费城 |
[01:35] | What’s our fascinating tradition? | 我们迷人的传统是什么呢 |
[01:37] | Cream cheese. | 奶油干酪 |
[01:40] | So I’m the great lady of cream cheese? | 所以我是奶油干酪女神咯 |
[01:43] | I want a better tradition, please. | 我要一个更好的传统 赶紧的 |
[01:45] | Funny you should say that. | 你应该说有趣 |
[01:47] | Funny, “haha” funny, | 有趣 哈哈 真有趣 |
[01:48] | or funny… “yay” funny? | 还是 有趣 耶 太有趣了 |
[01:51] | Here’s your assignment. | 这是你们的作业 |
[01:54] | Yay! | 耶 |
[01:57] | Everybody look around. | 大家往四周看看 |
[02:04] | Do we know each other’s stories? | 我们了解彼此的故事吗 |
[02:06] | Do you know your own? | 你了解你自己的故事吗 |
[02:08] | Our stories are what make us part of a community. | 我们的故事正是我们成为集体一分子的原因 |
[02:10] | I want you to come in tomorrow and share your heritage with us. | 我希望明天你们能来这里跟大家分享各自的传统 |
[02:13] | Share your story. | 分享你的故事 |
[02:15] | Do I even have a story? | 我是有故事的人吗 |
[02:16] | You have a wonderful story, Riley. | 你有一个很棒的故事 莱丽 |
[02:18] | It’s time you found out what it is. | 是时候搞清楚这个故事了 |
[02:28] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[02:32] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:36] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:40] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:44] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:49] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:53] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[02:57] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[03:00] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[03:05] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:08] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:12] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[03:30] | Is that music always playing? | 那音乐一直响着吗 |
[03:32] | All of a sudden, I’m hearing the world differently. | 突然一瞬间 我以为到了另一个世界 |
[03:36] | So, they’re that, what are we? | 他们归他们 我们呢 |
[03:37] | Hmm. What has your father done now | 你爸又做了什么事 |
[03:39] | that I must pay for? | 要我来善后 |
[03:42] | We need to report on our cultural heritage. | 我们得就我们的文化传统作报告 |
[03:44] | Ooh, good idea. | 噢 好主意 |
[03:45] | Wish we had one. | 真希望我们有 |
[03:47] | We’re not anything? | 我们啥也没有吗 |
[03:48] | We are multi-generational American. | 我们往上数好多代都是美国人 |
[03:52] | So I got no story? What about Auggie? | 所以我没故事咯 奥吉呢 |
[03:55] | He’s a rescue. He could be anything. | 他是解药 他是一切 |
[03:58] | Honey, there’s always a story. You just have to discover it. | 亲爱的 总是有故事的 你只是需要去挖掘它 |
[04:01] | Well, what’s the story with dinner? | 好吧 晚餐有啥故事呢 |
[04:03] | – This looks different. – Maybe to us. | -看起来好奇怪 -对我们来说是 |
[04:05] | But I bet it makes Auggie’s new friend from school feel right at home. | 但我打赌这对奥吉的新朋友来说一定感觉像在家一样 |
[04:08] | – Where’s he from? – He’s from Cuba. | -他是哪儿的人 -古巴来的 |
[04:10] | I made ropa vieja. | 我做了ropa vieja |
[04:11] | – What’s that? – It means “old clothes.” | -那是什么 -是旧衣服的意思 |
[04:13] | I don’t want to eat old clo… | 我才不要吃旧 |
[04:15] | Muy bien, Mamá! | 太棒了 妈妈 |
[04:19] | It’s shredded beef, tomatoes and veggies, | 里面有碎牛肉 番茄和一些蔬菜 |
[04:21] | a very popular Cuban dish. | 是一道很受欢迎的古巴美食 |
[04:23] | That’s so nice of you, Mom, | 你真好老妈 |
[04:25] | making Auggie’s little friend feel | 让奥吉的小朋友在这个 |
[04:26] | more comfortable in a new, scary place. | 可怕的新环境感觉好受一点儿 |
[04:32] | Hey, thanks a lot. | 嘿 多谢 |
[04:33] | When you visit me, I’ll play “Yankee Doodle.” | 等你来我家 我会为你播放扬基歌 |
[04:35] | Well, he doesn’t actually seem scared. | 他看起来一点都不害怕呢 |
[04:38] | This is my new best friend, Rafael. | 这是我的新朋友 拉斐尔 |
[04:41] | Raffi’s from Cuba. | 拉斐尔来自古巴 |
[04:43] | Or as we say in Cuba, “Cuba.” | 或者像我们古巴人的说法 古巴 |
[04:47] | Wow, something smells like ropa vieja. | 哇 有东西闻起来像rope vieja |
[04:50] | Yay! That’s a relief. | 耶 这我可就放心了 |
[04:52] | Very kind of you. | 你真好 |
[04:53] | Thank you. Smells like home. | 谢谢你 闻起来像在家一样 |
[04:55] | It’s very good. | 很棒 |
[04:56] | You know, I come from cream cheese. | 你知道吗 我可是来自奶油干酪的地方 |
[05:00] | I hope it was no trouble. | 我希望没有打扰到大家 |
[05:02] | Oh, it was no trouble at all, Raffi. | 哦 这没什么的 拉斐尔 |
[05:04] | Good. I wouldn’t want anybody to go out of their way | 好大 我不希望大家为了使我感到受欢迎 |
[05:06] | ust to make me feel welcome. | 而给自己添麻烦 |
[05:23] | Too much? | 太过了吗 |
[05:33] | Okay, here’s my story. | 好的 这是我的故事 |
[05:35] | Once upon a time… nothing. I’m completely American. | 很久很久以前 啥事儿没有 我就是个美国人 |
[05:39] | My people never even left the house. | 我的家人甚至都没出过这个国家 |
[05:41] | I’m not even cream cheese. | 我甚至不是奶油干酪女神 |
[05:43] | I’m American cheese. I’m individually wrapped. | 我就是美国奶酪 还是独立包装的 |
[05:45] | Here I come. | 接好了 |
[05:49] | Oh, that’s the worst report I ever heard. | 哦 这简直是我听过的最糟糕的报告了 |
[05:51] | Oh, you don’t want one? | 噢 你不来一个吗 |
[05:52] | – No, I do want one. – You made me this! | -给我来一个 -是你逼我的 |
[05:55] | Great news, Maya. | 好消息玛雅 |
[05:57] | Your report couldn’t possibly be any worse. | 你的报告不会比这更差了 |
[05:59] | You don’t know me. | 你又不了解我 |
[06:01] | Turns out Clutterbucket is Irish! | 克拉特巴克特家族是爱尔兰裔的 |
[06:04] | I’m Irish. | 我是爱尔兰人 |
[06:07] | Know why I’m a short stack of pancakes, Huckleberry? | 知道我为什么是一堆煎饼了吗 小越橘 |
[06:10] | Cause I’m a leprechaun! Here have a potato! | 因为我是一个爱尔兰小妖精 来个土豆 |
[06:15] | That’s what you brought? Potatoes? | 你就带了这个 土豆 |
[06:17] | No, that would be a stereotypical ignorant cliché. | 当然不是了 那样多老套啊 |
[06:21] | I also brought our national soap. | 我还带了我们的国民肥皂 |
[06:26] | Maya, Ireland has a rich, deep cultural history. | 玛雅 爱尔兰有着丰富悠久的历史文化 |
[06:30] | You show us something authentic right now! | 你现在给我来点真格的 |
[06:36] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[06:37] | I’m gonna Riverdance all up on Yogi’s head. | 我要在尤吉的桌上跳大河之舞 |
[06:39] | Do it! | 快跳 |
[06:42] | Sit down! | 给我坐下 |
[06:45] | Both of you have just squandered an opportunity | 你们两个都浪费了一个机会 |
[06:48] | to show us who you are. | 来向大家展示你们 |
[06:50] | Lucas, Zay, show us who you are. | 卢卡斯 小赛 你俩上 |
[06:52] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[06:55] | We look good. | 我们看起来很棒呢 |
[06:57] | – Texas! – Texas! | -德州 -大德州 |
[07:01] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[07:02] | You lied to me! | 你骗了我 |
[07:04] | Don’t mess with Texas. | 别给我搞事儿 |
[07:06] | You’re not from Texas. | 你又不是德州来的 |
[07:09] | He lived right down the street from me. | 他跟我家住在一条街上啊 |
[07:10] | You’re not from Texas either. | 你也不是德州来的 |
[07:12] | He lived right down the street from me. | 他家跟我家在一条街上啊 |
[07:14] | Sit down. | 都给我坐下 |
[07:17] | Okay, back to us. | 好了 看我们的 |
[07:20] | No! | 不 |
[07:25] | Bagpipes are Scottish, not Irish. | 风笛是苏格兰的 不是爱尔兰的 |
[07:27] | Potato potato. | 土豆土豆呢 |
[07:31] | What a bunch of jerks. | 你们一群混蛋 |
[07:33] | – Daddy? – Leave me alone! | -老爸 -别说话 |
[07:34] | – Daddy? – No! | -老爸 -住嘴 |
[07:35] | – Daddy? – What?! | -老爸 -干嘛 |
[07:36] | You gave me a stupid story, Daddy. | 这个愚蠢的主意是你给我的 老爸 |
[07:39] | You all have great stories. | 你们都有很棒的故事 |
[07:42] | That’s what makes this world such a peaceful place. | 这正是这个世界如此祥和的原因 |
[07:45] | No, it’s not. There’s conflicts everywhere. | 不 才不是 到处都有冲突 |
[07:48] | You mean cultures clash with each other? | 你是说不同文化之间的冲击吗 |
[07:49] | Yeah. All through history. | 是的 贯穿整个历史 |
[07:51] | Good boy, Lucas. | 好样的 卢卡斯 |
[07:53] | Good boy, Lucas. | 你真棒 卢卡斯 |
[07:54] | Maya… | 玛雅 |
[07:55] | Maya! | 玛雅 |
[07:59] | There’s conflicts ’cause we live in a world full of different kinds of people. | 有冲突是因为我们所生活的世界有着形形色色的人 |
[08:02] | Right. Unfortunately, people have always feared the other. | 没错 不幸的是 人们总是害怕他者 |
[08:05] | The other what? | 什么他者 |
[08:07] | The unknown. | 未知的人 |
[08:08] | Anybody who isn’t like you. | 不同于自己的人 |
[08:10] | From a different country, a different religion, a different look. | 来自其它国家 有着不同的信仰 长着不一样的面孔 |
[08:14] | And our first reaction to the unknown | 我们对于未知者的第一反应 |
[08:16] | has always been fear. | 总是害怕 |
[08:18] | – Farkle. – Yes, sir? | -法尔科 -在 老师 |
[08:20] | – Did you do the assignment? – I did, sir. | -你作业做了吗 -做了 老师 |
[08:22] | Did you find the story of your ancestors? | 你找出你祖先的历史了吗 |
[08:24] | I found something out, sir. | 找到了一些 老师 |
[08:25] | Well, Farkle, at least you have a heritage. | 起码你还有文化传统 法尔科 |
[08:28] | I’m Riley McCheese. What could be worse than that? | 我是莱丽·芝士汉堡 还有什么比这更惨的 |
[08:31] | There are worse things than that, Riley. | 有比这更惨的 莱丽 |
[08:32] | You ready to share something with us, Farkle? | 准备好跟我们分享了吗 法尔科 |
[08:35] | Not yet, sir. I don’t have it all yet. I need to dig deeper. | 还没有 老师 我还不知道全部 我要再深挖一些 |
[08:37] | – More to discover? – A lot more. | -还能有更多发现吗 -还有很多 |
[08:40] | That’s the only authentic thing that’s been said today. | 这是今天说的唯一真实的事情 |
[08:44] | We all need to dig deeper | 我们都需要挖出比 |
[08:46] | than potatoes and soap and stupid hats. | 土豆 肥皂以及愚蠢的帽子更深层的东西 |
[08:49] | How are they stupid hats? | 帽子怎么就蠢了 |
[08:52] | They just don’t understand us. | 他们不懂我们 |
[08:55] | This is a week about discovering who you are. | 这是用来发现自己是谁的一周 |
[08:58] | This is a week to understand | 这是理解 |
[09:00] | that culture isn’t found at a souvenir shop. | 文化不是在纪念品店就能找到的一周 |
[09:03] | Riley, what’s culture? | 莱丽 什么是文化 |
[09:05] | Our stories. | 我们的故事 |
[09:06] | Find yours. | 找出你的故事 |
[09:09] | Find yours. | 找出你的故事 |
[09:11] | Learn from each other. | 互相学习 |
[09:13] | Otherwise, we don’t stand a chance. | 否则我们就浪费了这次机会 |
[09:23] | So, Farkle, what’s your big family mystery? | 法尔科 你们家族的秘密是什么 |
[09:26] | So, turns out I have a relative from Denmark. | 我有个来自丹麦的亲戚 |
[09:29] | Hey, you’re a little Danish. Little danish? | 你还有丹麦血统啊 小丹麦人 |
[09:32] | I’ve found lots of Minkuses… | 我发现很多明克斯家族的人 |
[09:33] | “Minki.” | 明凯 |
[09:35] | Living in Copenhagen, in Denmark. | 生活在丹麦的哥本哈根 |
[09:37] | The mystery is that I can’t find my great-grandfather’s birth records. | 秘密就是我找不到我曾祖父的出生记录 |
[09:39] | -So? -So, he was the first one who left Denmark, | -所以呢 -所以 他是第一个离开丹麦的人 |
[09:43] | came to America and started the American “Minki” team. | 来到美国 开始建立美国版明凯队 |
[09:45] | I want to find out more about him. | 我想找出更多关于他的事迹 |
[09:46] | I want to know what made him come here. | 我想知道是什么让他来到这里 |
[09:48] | Well, good luck, detective coffee cake. | 祝你好运 咖啡蛋糕侦探 |
[09:53] | Oh, he did? I didn’t know that. | 是吗 我之前都不知道呢 |
[09:56] | My grandmother’s telling me a story about my grandfather. | 我外婆正在跟我讲我外公的故事 |
[10:00] | I just find that terribly… | 我才知道 |
[10:01] | I am so sorry that I ate the cookie! | 很抱歉我吃了那块饼干 |
[10:03] | I know that you only made one for Zay and I ate it. | 我知道那是你特意为小赛做的 结果被我吃了 |
[10:05] | Please make him another one. | 拜托再给他做一块吧 |
[10:07] | What? | 什么 |
[10:09] | This is your other grandmother. | 是你外婆 不是你奶奶 |
[10:11] | I knew that. | 我知道 |
[10:12] | She says that she doesn’t like the cookie bribe, | 她说她不喜欢用饼干收买你 |
[10:14] | and you should love them both the same. | 你应该同样地爱她们 |
[10:17] | You need to calm her down right now. | 你赶快安抚她一下吧 |
[10:19] | Stay away from my grandmas, Riley. | 离我的外婆和奶奶都远点 莱丽 |
[10:24] | Hey, that’s a lot of words. Hey, gotta go. | 这么长啊 我要挂了 |
[10:26] | Yeah, love you, too. | 嗯 我也爱你 |
[10:29] | Yes, just as much as the other one. | 是的 爱你一样多 |
[10:32] | No, I don’t think that’s okay to say, Grandma. | 不 我觉得这样说不太好 外婆 |
[10:35] | Thanks for telling me where I’m from. | 谢谢你告诉我老家是哪儿的 |
[10:39] | We’re from Africa! | 我们是从非洲来的 |
[10:40] | What? | 啥 |
[10:44] | Yeah. Feels good to do the research. | 是的 调查这个感觉真好 |
[10:48] | No, for real. I’m learning my story. | 不 说真的 我正了解我们家的历史 |
[10:51] | We started out in Ghana. | 我们家是从加纳出发的 |
[10:52] | My grandma says we’re lucky to know where we’re from. | 我外婆说知道自己的身世是幸运的 |
[10:55] | Not everyone does. | 不是所有人都能知道 |
[10:57] | My family was brought from Ghana to Jamaica | 在来美国之前 |
[10:59] | before we came to America. | 我们家从加纳去了牙买加 |
[11:01] | We lived in Texas, and now we live in New York. | 我们家曾经住在德州 现在我们住在纽约 |
[11:03] | Now I’m friends with you. | 我和你们是朋友 |
[11:05] | Well, I look forward to seeing you every day. | 希望每天都能见到你 |
[11:07] | Thanks, Maya. Happy to be here. | 谢谢你 玛雅 在这儿很开心 |
[11:10] | Well, Zay, my family comes from America, | 小赛 我们家来自美国 |
[11:13] | America, America, and then America. | 美国 美国 还是美国 |
[11:17] | And once, I went to the International House of Pancakes. | 有一次 我去了国际煎饼屋 |
[11:20] | – Hmm. What’d you eat? – I had a hamburger. | -你吃了啥 -汉堡 |
[11:24] | Mom, do you think it’s important to know our history? | 老妈 您觉得了解家族历史重要吗 |
[11:28] | What’s that you’re eating? | 你们在吃什么 |
[11:29] | Bulochki. | 俄罗斯小面包 |
[11:30] | Is there a story behind it? | 背后有什么故事吗 |
[11:32] | Well, it makes me think of Ms. Svorski. | 它让我想起了斯沃斯基太太 |
[11:34] | That’s why I will always sell them here. | 这就是我一直在这儿卖这个的原因 |
[11:36] | It helps to remind us of those who came before us. | 它让我们想起在我们之前来到世上的人们 |
[11:38] | Riley, your family may have been from America for a long time, | 莱丽 你的家族可能是在美国生活了很长时间 |
[11:42] | but we have lived in every part of America, | 但是我们家人在美国的各个区域都居住过 |
[11:44] | and we’ve gotten to experience all kinds of different cultures. | 体验过各种不同的文化 |
[11:46] | Where? Who? | 哪里 都有谁 |
[11:48] | Well, your great-grandparents, they lived in San Francisco. | 你的外曾祖父母 他们住在旧金山 |
[11:50] | They got to experience the Chinese culture. | 体验过中国文化 |
[11:52] | Your grandparents lived in Philly, | 你的外祖父母住在费城 |
[11:54] | and we used to go to Pennsylvania Dutch country. | 我们常去荷兰裔宾州人的生活区 |
[11:57] | Respect the people who came before you. | 对在你之前的人们怀有敬意 |
[11:59] | Always listen to what they have to say. | 倾听他们要说的话 |
[12:06] | Mets, Phillies… Who won the game? | 大都会队 费城人队 谁赢了 |
[12:08] | – We lost. – We won! | -我们输了 -我们赢了 |
[12:11] | Ava, you caught a foul ball? | 艾娃 你接到了界外球啊 |
[12:13] | It was coming at us like a rocket. | 它像火箭一样冲我们飞过来 |
[12:15] | – I saved his life. – Auggie? | -我救了他的命 -奥吉吗 |
[12:17] | Cory. Do what you did when the ball came at you. | 是科瑞 让他们看下球冲你飞过来时你的反应 |
[12:20] | Ava has quality I like. | 艾娃身上有我喜欢的特质 |
[12:23] | You’re kidding me? | 你逗我呢吧 |
[12:24] | She’s just like my friend Marisol. | 她很像我的朋友玛丽索 |
[12:26] | No. There is not another one like Ava out there. | 不 不可能还有一个像艾娃一样的人 |
[12:29] | God would not do that to us. | 老天爷不会这么对我们 |
[12:30] | You like the game, Raffi? | 你喜欢这场比赛吗 拉斐 |
[12:32] | Yeah, I met my cousin there. | 喜欢 我见到了我堂哥 |
[12:33] | – Oh, where is he from? – Also Cuba. | -他从哪儿来 -也是古巴 |
[12:36] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿 |
[12:37] | – Left field. – Huh? | -左外场 -啥 |
[12:38] | Your cousin is Yoenis Céspedes? | 你堂哥是尤尼斯·塞斯佩德斯 |
[12:40] | Your cousin plays for the Mets? | 你堂哥在大都会队 |
[12:42] | God bless America! | 上帝保佑美国 |
[12:46] | He signed my ball. | 他在我的球上签了名 |
[12:48] | He also gave me his number… | 他还把他的号码给了我 |
[12:51] | 52. | 52号 |
[12:54] | So, the Statue of Liberty is from France, | 自由女神像来自法国 |
[12:56] | we have a Ukrainian bakery, | 我们有一家乌克兰面包店 |
[12:58] | and the New York Mets are from all over the world. | 纽约大都会队的球员来自全世界 |
[13:00] | Nice country you got here. | 你们国家很棒 |
[13:11] | All right, guys, we got the whole joint scoped out. | 好了 伙计们 有的琢磨了 |
[13:13] | Every country in the world, all over the school. Where do we go? | 学校里有全世界所有的国家 我们从哪里开始 |
[13:16] | To the one with the most free stuff! Let’s go, go, g… | 从免费东西最多的地方开始 走 |
[13:18] | No, we’re all staying together, Maya. | 不行 我们要待在一起 玛雅 |
[13:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:21] | Oh, Cambodia. | 柬埔寨 |
[13:22] | Anybody interested in learning about a new culture? | 有人有兴趣了解新文化吗 |
[13:24] | Yeah, that’s been on my mind lately. | 有 我最近一直很想了解 |
[13:30] | Hi. My name is Riley and these are my friends. | 你好 我叫莱丽 他们是我朋友 |
[13:36] | What was Cambodia like for you? | 对于你来说 柬埔寨是什么样的 |
[13:37] | Cambodia is a beautiful country. | 柬埔寨是一个美丽的国家 |
[13:40] | I lived there in a very bad time. | 我生活在那里的时期不太好 |
[13:42] | Oh, um… Well, have a nice day. | 祝你度过愉快的一天 |
[13:44] | What’s your story? | 你有什么故事 |
[13:45] | Maya, you can’t just ask. | 玛雅 不可以这么问 |
[13:47] | We’re supposed to hear stories. | 我们应该听故事的 |
[13:48] | Yes, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[13:50] | I have a story. I haven’t spoken of this for a long time. | 我有故事 我已经很长时间没说起过了 |
[13:53] | We don’t mean to intrude. | 我们不想强迫你说 |
[13:55] | Not intruding if you really want to hear. | 你们真想听的话就不算 |
[13:58] | – We do. – Please. | -我们想听 -请告诉我们吧 |
[14:03] | It’s a very hard thing | 决定离开自己的国家 |
[14:05] | to decide you must leave your own country. | 是一件很不容易的事 |
[14:07] | Can you guys even imagine that? | 你们能想象得到吗 |
[14:10] | I can imagine it, Riley. | 我能想象 莱丽 |
[14:11] | Farkle? | 法尔科 |
[14:14] | Why did you need to leave your country? | 你为什么要离开自己的国家 |
[14:15] | When I was little, my country was run by an evil man. | 在我小的时候 我的国家被一个坏人统治 |
[14:19] | Very cruel. Millions imprisoned, tortured. | 他非常残暴 上百万人被监禁 饱受折磨 |
[14:26] | My family, many relatives, | 我的家人 很多亲戚 |
[14:30] | planned for months. Wait for right moment. | 计划了几个月 等待一个合适的时机 |
[14:33] | One night, we leave. | 在一个夜晚 我们离开了 |
[14:36] | I was not even supposed to go. | 我当时本不应该走 |
[14:38] | They thought I would cry. Bring soldiers. | 他们觉得我会哭 引来士兵 |
[14:41] | I only cried inside. | 我只能在心里哭 |
[14:44] | Went to Philippine Islands. Now here. | 我们去了菲律宾群岛 现在才能在这儿 |
[14:54] | Not all of us make it out. | 并非所有人都成功逃脱了 |
[14:56] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[14:57] | You live in a good country, you know that? | 你们住在一个很好的国家 你们知道吗 |
[15:03] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, Nigel. | -大家好 -嘿 奈杰尔 |
[15:05] | Grandma talking your ears off? | 我奶奶又在说个不停了 |
[15:06] | Oh, this is your grandma. | 噢 这是你奶奶啊 |
[15:12] | I didn’t even know you could talk and you talk two languages. | 我都不知道你会说话你居然还会说两种语言 |
[15:15] | I speak English, Cambodian, and Filipino. | 我会说英语 柬埔寨语和菲律宾语 |
[15:18] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[15:21] | So I can understand what everybody has to say. | 这样我就可以理解每个人说什么了 |
[15:24] | You have very nice friends. | 你的朋友们人很好 |
[15:27] | Thank you for taking the time to listen to an old woman. | 谢谢你们肯花时间听一个老太婆说话 |
[15:30] | I’m glad you made it here. | 我很开心你们到了这儿 |
[15:32] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[15:34] | Thank you for sharing your story. | 谢谢你给我们分享你的故事 |
[15:49] | I am in love with Ireland. | 我爱上爱尔兰了 |
[15:52] | Not about potatoes and soap anymore, huh? | 不再是因为土豆和肥皂了吧 |
[15:55] | Nope. It’s about how proud I am to be from there. | 不是 是因为我为自己来自那里而自豪 |
[15:57] | From the music to the poets. | 从音乐到诗人 |
[15:59] | I just never wanted to leave that booth. | 我都不想离开那个摊位了 |
[16:01] | Well, you and me will go to Ireland the next St. Paddy’s Day. | 太好了 我们下个圣帕特里克节一起去爱尔兰吧 |
[16:03] | We’ll hang out with the Clutterbuckets. | 我们要和克拉特巴克特一家一起玩 |
[16:05] | Yeah. The booth was real easy to find, | 嗯 这个摊位很容易找到 |
[16:07] | but where exactly is Ireland? | 但是爱尔兰到底在哪里 |
[16:08] | I think it’s up and over there. | 我想它不是在北边就是在那边 |
[16:11] | Okay, why are you being so quiet, Farkle? | 那个 你为什么这么安静 法尔科 |
[16:13] | It’s making me really upset. | 真是太让我难受了 |
[16:14] | – Really? – No. | -真的吗 -才不是 |
[16:15] | Like it. Peaceful. | 我喜欢 一片祥和 |
[16:17] | Yeah, talk, Farkle. This isn’t like you. | 是啊 说话啊 法尔科 这不像你 |
[16:20] | I’m not really sure anymore what’s like me. | 我真的不确定我是什么样的 |
[16:21] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[16:24] | No, I get it. | 没事 我懂了 |
[16:25] | It’s just hard when you look at all of these booths | 只是当你看了所有的摊位却很难想象 |
[16:27] | to not picture yourself living a different type of life, right? | 你自己过着不同的生活方式 对吧 |
[16:30] | That’s what you’re talking about. | 这就是你想说的 |
[16:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:35] | Well, while all of you guys were at your booths of your countries, | 那个 你们都在你们国家的摊位上 |
[16:39] | I went looking for the America booth. | 我也一直在找美国的摊位 |
[16:42] | Guess what? They don’t have one. | 你们猜怎么着 没有美国的摊位 |
[16:46] | That’s the end of today’s Cultural Day celebration. | 今天的文化节庆祝活动结束了 |
[16:48] | We hope you learned something about somewhere else. | 我们希望你们学到了点别的地方的东西 |
[16:50] | Arrivederci, sayonara, | 再会 再见 |
[16:52] | and for all you native New Yorkers… | 至于你们这些美国当地人 |
[16:53] | Get outta here! | 快滚蛋吧 |
[16:56] | Last chance, Farkle. | 最后的机会了 法尔科 |
[16:58] | You want to go find the Denmark booth? | 你想找丹麦摊位吗 |
[16:59] | Yeah, let’s give Farkle a chance to hear some stories about his people. | 对 让我们给法尔科一个机会 听听他的族人的故事 |
[17:02] | No, that’s okay. I think I know too many stories already. | 不 不用了 我觉得我已经知道很多故事了 |
[17:13] | I never knew much about the Clutterbucket side of my family. | 关于我们克拉特巴克特家族我一直都知道的不多 |
[17:16] | My mom’s Katy Clutterbucket because that’s how she rolls. | 我妈妈是凯蒂·克拉特巴克特 因为她出生在那家 |
[17:21] | We’re from Galway, Ireland. | 我们来自爱尔兰的戈尔韦 |
[17:23] | My relatives were fishermen, mostly. | 我的先人大多是渔民 |
[17:24] | And I’ve been looking up pictures of Ireland, and it’s so beautiful. | 我查了一些爱尔兰的照片 它非常漂亮 |
[17:28] | So is my mother. So I’m going to take her there one day | 我妈妈也很漂亮 所以总有一天我会带她去那儿 |
[17:32] | because we’re part of it. | 因为我们属于那里 |
[17:34] | Because the best thing about being alive is to feel part of something. | 因为活着最好的事情就是有归属感 |
[17:38] | So, thank you for making me find out. | 所以 谢谢你让我搞清楚了 |
[17:40] | Great work, Maya. | 做的很棒 玛雅 |
[17:42] | Thank you for sharing your story with us. | 谢谢你和我们分享你的故事 |
[17:45] | Riley? | 莱丽 |
[17:47] | – I’m going with you. – Duh-hurr. | -我要和你一起去 -想得美 |
[17:52] | All through Culture Week I’ve been searching the school for the America booth. | 整个文化周我都在找美国摊位 |
[17:56] | And they don’t have one. | 但是并没有 |
[17:58] | And then I found something that made me understand why. | 然后我发现了一些东西让我明白了原因 |
[18:06] | Field trip. | 实地考察 |
[18:22] | You don’t need an America booth when you come from here. | 如果你来自这里 就不需要一个美国摊位 |
[18:25] | This country is one big cultural fair. | 这个国家是一个大型的文化展览会 |
[18:30] | Every day, I walk through different neighborhoods, | 每天 我都要经过不同的街坊 |
[18:32] | different communities, and becoming a part of them | 不同的社区 并且成为他们的一员 |
[18:36] | is as easy as stopping by to say hello. | 就像停下来问好一样简单 |
[18:43] | I am this girl right here. | 我是这里的女孩儿 |
[18:46] | We all are. | 我们都是 |
[18:47] | A combination of everybody we see every day. | 是每个人每天所见的集合 |
[18:53] | Once upon a time, Riley Matthews lived in New York City, | 从前 莱丽·马修斯住在纽约 |
[18:56] | and because of that, she lives everywhere. | 正因为此 她住在世界各地 |
[19:01] | That’s my story. | 这就是我的故事 |
[19:03] | I have a story. | 我有一个故事了 |
[19:05] | Thank you, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[19:07] | I’m sure the Great Lady of New York is smiling even bigger today. | 我敢肯定伟大的纽约女神今天一定笑得更灿烂了 |
[19:12] | I know she holds a torch for all of us. | 我知道她为我们所有人举着火炬 |
[19:16] | Go on. Get out of here. | 好了 都走吧 |
[19:21] | You know, Farkle, you’re the only one who hasn’t told us anything today. | 知道吗 法尔科 你是唯一一个今天什么也没告诉我们的人 |
[19:23] | Yeah. We know everyone’s story but yours. | 是啊 我们知道了除了你之外所有人的故事 |
[19:26] | And that doesn’t work in this group. | 我们这个小组可不能这样 |
[19:28] | Farkle? | 法尔科 |
[19:30] | My great-grandfather left Denmark | 我的曾祖父二战后 |
[19:31] | and came to America right after World War II. | 离开了丹麦 来到了美国 |
[19:33] | Just him? | 只有他一个 |
[19:34] | I think he was the only one left. | 我觉得当时就剩他一个了 |
[19:37] | Well, what about the others before him? | 在他之前的那些人呢 |
[19:40] | I don’t think they were named Minkus. | 他们不姓明克斯 |
[19:42] | Well, who were they? | 那么 他们是谁 |
[19:44] | I don’t know. I don’t know if I’ll ever know. There aren’t birth records. | 我不知道 我不知道我能否知道 那里没有出生记录 |
[19:47] | All I know is that during World War II, | 我知道的就是在二战期间 |
[19:49] | he was adopted by a Christian family named Minkus in Denmark | 他在丹麦被一个姓明克斯的基督教家庭收养 |
[19:52] | who wanted to help him. | 这个家庭想帮助他 |
[19:53] | Help him what? | 帮他干什么 |
[19:55] | Help him live. | 帮他活下去 |
[20:02] | His great-grandfather was Jewish. | 他的曾祖父是犹太人 |
[20:05] | Sometimes it’s real hard when you find out your story. | 有时候发现你自己的故事真的很难 |
[20:10] | My whole family… | 我的整个家族 |
[20:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:17] | I’m here if you ever want to talk. | 你什么时候想说我都会在这儿 |
[20:20] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[20:23] | I found out about these wonderful people called “Christian Rescuers.” | 我发现这些伟大的人们叫”基督教救援人员” |
[20:26] | They saved babies by taking them in when they were… | 他们在孩子面临危险的时候收养他们 |
[20:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:33] | I’m glad you found your story, Riley. | 我很开心你找到了自己的故事 莱丽 |
[20:36] | I’m happy you all did. | 我很开心你们都找到了 |
[20:40] | My story will be about how lucky we are | 我意识到我们是多么幸运 |
[20:42] | to live in a place that allows you to come here | 可以住在一个允许你进入的地方 |
[20:44] | so you can be whoever you are. | 你可以成为任何人 |
[20:47] | But that’s all I can really tell you about my heritage right now. | 但这就是我现在能告诉你的全部家族传统了 |
[20:52] | Because I’m still finding out who I am. | 因为我还在努力寻找我的身份 |
[21:10] | We must have walked all over New York. | 我们一定走遍整个纽约了 |
[21:13] | My doggies are barking. | 我的小狗们在叫了 |
[21:19] | Rub my feets. | 给我按摩脚 |
[21:23] | Yes, darling. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[21:24] | First let me get my feet rubbing equipment. | 首先让我戴好我的按脚专用设备 |
[21:34] | Marisol makes me do the same thing! | 玛丽索让我做同样的事 |
[21:36] | Oh, no, trust me, | 噢 不 相信我 |
[21:38] | there is nobody else in the world like Ava. | 世界上不会有人像艾娃这样了 |
[21:40] | Oh, yeah? | 噢 是吗 |
[21:42] | Marisol, I want you to meet my new friends. | 玛利索 我想让你见一下我的新朋友们 |
[21:44] | One’s a little like you. | 其中一个有点像你 |
[21:47] | There’s nobody like me anywhere! | 不可能有任何人像我的 |
[21:50] | Hey, I’m the one who says stuff like that! | 嘿 这是我的说话风格 |
[21:53] | Because I’m… | 因为我是 |
[21:55] | Ava Morgen… stern | 艾娃·摩根 斯特恩 |
[21:58] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[21:59] | Well, I am… | 好吧 我是 |
[22:01] | Marisol Santo Domingo De La Cruz, sí! | 玛利索·圣多明戈·德拉克鲁斯 |
[22:07] | Kill me right now. | 杀了我吧 |
[22:10] | No? | 不行 |
[22:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:14] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[22:16] | get to work. | 开始工作 |
[22:19] | Honey, get to work. | 亲爱的 开始工作 |