时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | And right… | 就 在 |
[00:06] | there. | 那儿 |
[00:08] | Luca, listen to how fast that is! | Luca 听这心跳声多快呀 |
[00:09] | Sick beat. | 炫酷的节奏 |
[00:11] | I could definitely hear Young Thug on this. | 听上去颇有Young Thug风范啊 |
[00:12] | And there is your baby’s nose, eyes. | 那边就是宝宝的鼻子 眼睛 |
[00:17] | Oh, and there’s your baby’s smile! | 哦 还有宝宝的笑容 |
[00:19] | Congratulations, he… or she… | 恭喜啦 他或她 |
[00:21] | or if we’re being PC, they… are an absolute beauty. | 又或者出于政治正确 他们 绝对是个可爱的小宝贝 |
[00:25] | You’re both very lucky parents. | 你们是很幸运的家长 |
[00:27] | – Oh, no, he’s not the… – Thank you. | – 不不不 他不是 – 谢谢 |
[00:30] | What? I [bleep] with fake-fatherhood. | 怎么了 我就喜欢假扮他爸爸 |
[00:32] | Well, congratulations. | 祝贺你们 |
[00:40] | The miracle of life. | 生命的奇迹 |
[00:42] | We take for granted the billions of things | 要做对无数件事才可能创造出一个生命 |
[00:45] | that have to go right to create a human being. | 而我们把这些事视作理所应当 |
[00:49] | And nothing you could have ever imagined | 但穷尽你的想象力 |
[00:52] | compares to the moment when you first meet | 你也想象不到初次见到 |
[00:55] | that amazing little life you created. | 你所创造的小生命时的场景 |
[00:57] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[00:59] | That’s my baby. | 这是我的宝宝 |
[01:03] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[01:06] | Oh… | 哦 |
[01:07] | So, what do you think? | 所以 你觉得怎样 |
[01:09] | Uh… | 呃 |
[01:12] | You guys shouldn’t have… | 你们不必做这些的 |
[01:13] | Girl, bastard or not, that baby deserves a shower. | 姐妹 不管是不是私生子 这个宝宝值得拥有一个迎婴派对 |
[01:16] | No, like, really, though, you shouldn’t have… | 不不 真的 你们不必 |
[01:18] | But we’re having a house baby! | 但这个家要迎来一个萌娃啦 |
[01:21] | – Whoo! House baby! – House baby! | – 哦 家有萌娃 – 家有萌娃 |
[01:23] | – House baby! – House baby! | – 家有萌娃 – 家有萌娃 |
[01:24] | I don’t know if I’m keeping the baby. | 我不知道是否要留下这个孩子 |
[01:30] | Huh? | 哈 |
[02:05] | So, is everything okay with the baby? | 所以 宝宝一切正常吗 |
[02:07] | Yeah. No, totally. | 嗯 是的 一切都好 |
[02:08] | There were, like, 10 fingers and 10 toes, and… | 十根手指 十根脚趾 而且 |
[02:11] | Huge penis. | 大鸡鸡 |
[02:12] | Oh, well, it’s an umbilical cord. | 呃 那是脐带 |
[02:14] | I’ve told you that many times. | 我跟你说过很多次了 |
[02:16] | – Father knows best, but… – Not the father. | – 知子莫若父 – 你不是父亲 |
[02:19] | Okay, well, I’m gonna head out. | 好吧 我就走啦 |
[02:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:27] | – Bye, thanks. – Yep. | – 再见 谢啦 – 嗯 |
[02:30] | So… care to fill us in? | 所以 想告诉我们发生什么了吗 |
[02:32] | It’s, uh, just my parents. | 就是我父母啦 |
[02:34] | They want me to place the baby for adoption, so… | 他们希望我把宝宝送去领养 所以 |
[02:41] | Yeah. Excuse me. | 就这样 让一下 |
[02:42] | What do we say? What do we do here? | 我们现在要说什么 做什么啊 |
[02:49] | Vivek, you said that there were cigars for the guys outside? | Vivek 你说过外面有为男士们准备的雪茄 |
[02:52] | – You hate cigars. – No, I hate fresh air. | – 你讨厌雪茄 – 不 我是讨厌新鲜空气 |
[02:53] | I love cigars. I think we should smoke some right now. | 我爱雪茄 我觉得我们应该出去抽几根 现在就去 |
[02:56] | – You… all three of us. – Bro, what’re you talking about? | – 还有你 咱们仨一起 – 哥们 你说啥呢 |
[02:57] | Last time you smoked a blunt, | 你上次你抽裹了大麻的雪茄之后 |
[02:58] | you yacked for two straight hours… | 你可是唧唧歪歪了整整俩小时啊 |
[02:59] | You know nothing about life, do you? | 你一点人情世故都不懂 是不是啊 |
[03:02] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[03:04] | You just got to read the room, man. | 你得察言观色啊 伙计 |
[03:05] | – What… This just seems important. – You try really hard. | – 啥 这好像很重要啊 – 你已经努力了 |
[03:07] | Nomi, um, I thought you wanted this baby. | Nomi 我以为你想要这个宝宝的 |
[03:10] | I did, I mean, I… I do, I think. | 我之前是想啊 现在也 我觉得 |
[03:13] | It’s just ever since I’ve been back at school, | 只不过自从我回到学校后 |
[03:15] | my parents have been all over me | 我父母就一直对我狂轰滥炸 |
[03:16] | about how hard it’s going to be | 告诉我 |
[03:18] | to be a full-time student and a single mom, and… | 又要做全日制学生又要当单亲妈妈会有多难 而且 |
[03:23] | They’re not wrong, you know? | 他们也没说错啊 你们懂吗 |
[03:25] | I mean, have you guys ever been to the family dorm? | 我是说 你们去过家庭宿舍吗 |
[03:30] | Jackson. Back here. | Jackson 过来 |
[03:34] | And that poor mom, | 然后那个可怜的妈妈 |
[03:36] | oh, my God, she was so overwhelmed, | 哦我的天 她真的是筋疲力竭了 |
[03:37] | and I don’t even think I could handle it | 而我也我不觉得我能做得 |
[03:39] | as well as she did. | 像她一样好 |
[03:40] | Freshman year, there was this young mom in our Intro to Calculus section, | 大一的时候 在微积分导论课上有个年轻妈妈 |
[03:44] | and, you know, I was just minding my own business, | 你知道 我当时正沉浸于自己的世界 |
[03:46] | trying to learn my linear functions, | 学着线性函数 |
[03:47] | and next thing I know, | 然后下一秒 |
[03:49] | there’s this big old milk-booby right next to my elbow. | 一只汁水丰盈的乳房就出现在我手肘旁边了 |
[03:52] | It was hella distracting. | 非常让人分心 |
[03:53] | Oh, come on. | 得了 |
[03:55] | There are lots of student-parents that make it work. | 也有很多成功的学生家长啊 |
[03:58] | Yeah, and most of them take at least five years to graduate. | 嗯 而且他们中大多数花了至少五年才毕业 |
[04:00] | Or longer. | 甚至更长 |
[04:02] | Five years? | 五年啊 |
[04:02] | That means you wouldn’t be graduating with us. | 那就意味着你不能和我们同时毕业了 |
[04:04] | Well, maybe not with us, but with you, | 嗯 也许不是和我们一起 但会和你一起呀 |
[04:07] | Zoey “Academic Probation” Johnson. | 你可是有留校察看记录的Zoey Johnson |
[04:09] | Look, as soon as my parents realized | 听着 当我父母意识到 |
[04:11] | just how much this would disrupt my life, | 这些会怎样影响我的人生的时候 |
[04:14] | they became even more convinced | 他们就更坚信 |
[04:16] | that I should place the baby for adoption, so… | 我应该把宝宝送去领养 所以 |
[04:17] | Damn, sounds like your parents are giving you no choice. | 见鬼 感觉你父母都没给你选择的机会啊 |
[04:20] | Yeah, especially since they might cut you off, | 嗯 尤其他们可能停止给你经济支援 |
[04:23] | disown you, or lock you in the attic | 和你断绝关系 或把你锁进阁楼 |
[04:26] | like one of those Lifetime holiday movies. | 就像那些必看的假期电影中的情节 |
[04:28] | You remember “Yuletide Basement.” | 还记得<耶诞节地下室>吗 |
[04:30] | Hey, you guys, | 嘿 朋友们 |
[04:31] | my parents aren’t locking me in an attic, | 我爸妈不会把我锁阁楼 |
[04:33] | or a basement, or whatever, okay? | 或地下室 或其他什么地方 好吗 |
[04:35] | They said they were gonna support me | 他们说不管我留不留下宝宝 |
[04:37] | whether or not I decided to keep the baby. | 都会支持我 |
[04:39] | They’d just prefer that I didn’t keep the baby. | 他们就是更倾向于我不要留下 |
[04:42] | Well, great! If they’re gonna support you either way, | 太好啦 如果他们不管怎样都会支持你 |
[04:44] | then I guess we’re keeping our house baby! | 那咱们的萌娃就可以留下啦 |
[04:47] | So, can we please go back to this baby shower | 所以 我们能继续这个迎婴派对吗 |
[04:49] | that I had Vivek spend all of this money on? | 我让Vivek花了好多钱呢 |
[04:52] | Dude, pause. | 伙计 停 |
[04:53] | Okay, Nomi, is that what you want? | 好了 Nomi 这是你的想法吗 |
[04:55] | To keep this baby? | 留下这个宝宝 |
[04:57] | Look, it’s not an ideal situation, okay? | 听着 这不是什么理想情况 好吗 |
[04:59] | But I feel like I made my bed and I should lie in it. | 但我觉得应该要承担自己行为的后果 |
[05:03] | That’s not the most compelling reason to raise a child. | 要养小孩的话 这可不是一个很有说服力的理由啊 |
[05:06] | At least she’s taking responsibility. | 至少她在承担责任啊 |
[05:08] | Yeah, Nomi, I am so proud of you. | 真的 Nomi 我为你感到骄傲 |
[05:10] | Disappointed in you for getting knocked up, | 很失望你被人搞大了肚子 |
[05:13] | but so proud of you for dealing with it. | 但你处理这件事的方式让我骄傲 |
[05:14] | Okay, but why does Nomi have to give up her life to “deal with it,” though? | 好吧 但为什么Nomi必须为了”处理这件事”而放弃她的人生呢 |
[05:18] | You know, there’s so many alternatives nowadays, | 你知道现在有很多别的选择 |
[05:20] | whether it be, um, a couple who can’t have kids, | 无论是 呃 不孕不育的夫妇啦 |
[05:24] | a gay couple, um… I don’t know. | 同性伴侣啦 呃 我也不知道 |
[05:26] | But either way, her mistake… | 但无论哪个 她的错误 |
[05:29] | which are your words, not mine… | 这是你的原话 不是我说的 |
[05:30] | could become a blessing for someone else. | 会变成他人的幸运 |
[05:33] | But wait, Zoey, so you agree with my parents? | 不 等等 Zoey 你是站在我父母那一边吗 |
[05:35] | No, no, not like that. It just… | 不 不 不是这样 只是 |
[05:38] | I guess I’m saying maybe don’t rule out adoption so quickly. | 我是说 也许不要这么快就排除领养的可能 |
[05:48] | Are you guys sure you don’t want in on these cigars? | 伙计们 你们确定不要来一根这些雪茄吗 |
[05:50] | Once you get past the chest pain and the inability to breathe… | 等胸口痛和呼吸困难缓过去 |
[05:55] | Ugh, it’s really quite smooth. | 就舒舒服服啦 |
[05:57] | Yeah, no, I think… | 嗯 我想还是不要了 |
[05:58] | – I think we’re good on that. – Hmm. We’re straight. | – 我觉得我们不需要那个 – 嗯 我们没关系 |
[06:01] | Okay. Oh, hey, bro. | 好吧 哦 嘿 哥们 |
[06:03] | Guys, this is Sky’s, uh… friend… Rodney. | 伙计们 这是Sky的 呃 朋友 Rodney |
[06:06] | – What’s up, man? – Yeah, I almost hit this guy with a Louisville Slugger. | – 哥们 你好 – 我差点用一根路易斯维尔棒球棒打了这哥们 |
[06:09] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他才没有 |
[06:11] | – I would have kicked his ass. – That’s so funny. | – 要不我会狠揍他一顿 – 好好笑 |
[06:14] | Is Sky inside? | Sky在里面吗 |
[06:15] | Yeah, but you probably don’t want to go in there right now… | 嗯 但你最好不要现在进去 |
[06:17] | unless you want to walk into a hornets’ nest. | 除非你想惹祸上身 |
[06:18] | So… | 所以 |
[06:20] | – Sky’s dating a White guy? – No way. | – Sky在和白人约会吗 – 不可能 |
[06:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[06:23] | He got to be, like, Creole or something, right? | 他肯定是克里奥尔人 对吧 |
[06:26] | – Yeah. – No, he’s definitely White. | – 嗯 – 不 他绝对是白人 |
[06:28] | Look at the… look at the shoelaces. | 看他那些鞋带呀 |
[06:30] | They’re choking his ankles. | 鞋带系得那么紧 |
[06:31] | Can’t be. | 不可能吧 |
[06:32] | Yo, she was all over me Freshman year | 大一的时候Sky就老来闹腾我 |
[06:34] | for cross-pollination-dating. | 怪我只跟白皮肤妹子约会 |
[06:36] | Her militant ass must be using him to fix her credit. | 这个激进的女人肯定想让他帮自己恢复信用卡额度 |
[06:40] | I mean, have you considered an open adoption? | 我是说 你有想过自由收养吗 |
[06:42] | And that way you can stay in the baby’s life. | 那样你可以参与孩子的生活 |
[06:44] | It feels like it would be a really | 感觉这对我和孩子 |
[06:47] | painful thing for me and the baby. | 都是一件很痛苦的事 |
[06:50] | I don’t know, can we just stop talking about this? | 咱能先把这件事撇开不谈了吗 |
[06:52] | Is it safe to come back in yet? | 我们能进来了吗 |
[06:53] | – No! – Yes! | – 不行 – 可以 |
[06:54] | Uh, Sky, your, uh… your pal Rodney is here, dude. | 呃 Sky 你朋友Rodney过来了 |
[06:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:00] | That’s Rod’Nae? | 这就是Rod’Nae吗 |
[07:02] | Yes, it is. | 是的 就是他 |
[07:03] | Not what I pictured. | 和我想的不太一样呢 |
[07:05] | I know, Rod’Nae’s… | 我知道 他是有点 |
[07:07] | Dudes, we’re not done talking in here. | 姐妹们 我们这儿还没说完呢 |
[07:09] | Yeah, we are, actually. | 不 我们已经说完了 |
[07:11] | Great, you heard the Mother of Honor… | 太好了 你们也听到”榜样妈妈”的话了 |
[07:13] | we’re not talking about this anymore. | 咱别说这件事了 |
[07:15] | And I know the perfect thing | 我知道有样东西 |
[07:16] | that’s gonna lift everyone’s spirits… | 肯定能振奋咱大家的精神 |
[07:19] | The Dirty Diaper Game. | 那就是”脏尿布”游戏 |
[07:20] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[07:22] | I’m so happy that you came. | 你过来了 我好开心啊 |
[07:25] | Well, you did threaten my life… | 这刀都架脖子上了 |
[07:27] | But I kind of like it when you threaten my life. | 但我还挺喜欢你威胁我的 |
[07:29] | And you brought ice cream? That is so sweet. | 你还买了冰淇淋呀 真贴心 |
[07:33] | Okay, you can go put your jacket in my room. | 好啦 你可以把外套放我房间 |
[07:35] | Which you already know where that is, so… | 你也知道是哪一间 去吧 |
[07:41] | I’m proud of you girl, honestly. | 我真心替你感到骄傲 |
[07:43] | It’s so good to see that, at the end of the day, | 我真的太欣慰了 终于有一天 |
[07:45] | love conquers all. | 爱战胜了一切 |
[07:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[07:47] | I’m talking about you. | 我在说你啊 |
[07:48] | You following your heart. | 你跟随了内心的感受 |
[07:49] | Obviously erasing color lines. | 消除了那层肤色隔阂 |
[07:51] | In what way? | 这怎么说呢 |
[07:52] | In the, uh, you dating an Anglo-Saxon kind of way. | 你竟然 呃 你竟然和安格鲁撒克逊人约会 |
[07:54] | What? You think he’s gay? | 什么 你觉得他是弯的吗 |
[07:57] | No, I think that he’s White. I know he’s White. | 不 但我觉得他是白人 他一定是 |
[08:00] | Okay. What are you talking about? | 好吧 你到底想说什么 |
[08:01] | What about him says that he’s White? | 你说他是白人是什么意思 |
[08:04] | Um… I don’t know, let me think about that. | 呃 我不知道 让我想想 |
[08:05] | – I don’t know, his skin, maybe? – Okay, now, | – 我也不知道 或许是他的肤色 – 好吧 |
[08:07] | I know he’s a little bit Drake-skinned, | 我知道他和Drake的肤色有点像 |
[08:09] | but my guy is Black. | 但我的男人一定是黑人 |
[08:10] | His name is “Rod’Nae.” | 他的名字叫Rod’Nae |
[08:13] | You’re sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[08:14] | Yes. | 当然了 |
[08:15] | Okay | 好吧 |
[08:15] | Is that vanilla? Extra vanilla? | 这是香草冰淇淋吗 加倍香草的 |
[08:17] | Super white vanilla? | 还是超白香草的呢 |
[08:18] | I’m kidding. He is White, though. | 我逗你呢 但他肯定是白种人 |
[08:23] | So this is the Dirty Diaper Game. | “脏尿布”游戏的规则如下 |
[08:25] | Everyone has to guess what kind of chocolate candy | 每个人都要猜每张尿布里 |
[08:27] | is melted in each diaper. | 巧克力糖的口味 |
[08:28] | The most correct answers wins. | 回答正确的人就赢了 |
[08:31] | Well, wait, w-we’re still doing this? | 等等 我们还要玩这个游戏吗 |
[08:33] | I thought Nomi said she not keeping the baby. | 我以为Nomi不要这个孩子了呢 |
[08:35] | Um, she’s keeping the baby. | 呃 她会把孩子留下来的 |
[08:37] | She is not necessarily keeping the baby. | 她不一定非要留下这个孩子 |
[08:40] | All right, I need to know if Nomi’s keeping this baby | 在吃这些”粑粑”之前 |
[08:42] | before I simulate eating some baby shit. | 我得先问问Nomi会不会留下这孩子 |
[08:44] | Don’t eat the baby shit Doug. | 别吃那个”粑粑” Doug |
[08:45] | Eat the baby shit Doug. | 给我吃了它 Doug |
[08:46] | Nomi, am I eating this baby shit or not? | Nomi我到底该不该吃这个”粑粑” |
[08:47] | No, I don’t know, okay?! I don’t know! | 不 我不知道 行吗 我真不知道 |
[08:49] | I keep going back and forth. | 我自己也很矛盾啊 |
[08:50] | I feel like I want to keep the baby. | 我自己想要留下这个孩子 |
[08:51] | I think my parents might be right. I don’t know, okay? | 但我父母也许是对的 我也不知道 好吗 |
[08:54] | It’s gonna be super hard to do alone. | 一个人应对这些问题真的很难 |
[08:55] | But you don’t have to do it alone. | 但你不必一人承担啊 |
[08:57] | I mean, did you ask the father of your baby | 我是说 你问过孩子的父亲没 |
[08:59] | what he wants to do? | 他想怎么办呢 |
[09:01] | No. He doesn’t even know he’s gonna be a father. | 没 他都不知道他要当爸了 |
[09:05] | Wait. | 等等 |
[09:06] | You haven’t even told him? | 你都还没告诉他吗 |
[09:07] | No! And it’s none of his business. | 没有 这和他没有关系 |
[09:09] | Dude, none of his business? Are you kidding me? | 姐妹 没有关系吗 你在跟我开玩笑呢 |
[09:11] | When I found out you were pregnant, | 我知道你怀孕过后 |
[09:12] | I went to find a kid that wasn’t even mine. | 我还去找了个孩子 结果那都不是我亲生的 |
[09:20] | Wait, so you’re seriously considering | 等等 你不会真的在打算 |
[09:21] | not telling this guy he has a baby coming into the world? | 不告诉孩子的生父吧 |
[09:26] | To be fair, | 老实说 |
[09:28] | I mean, he probably doesn’t even remember. | 或许他都已经不记得了 |
[09:29] | We were both really sloppy. | 当时我俩都醉醺醺的 |
[09:31] | He was, like, making out with my forearm at some point, and… | 他醉的 甚至和我的小臂亲热 |
[09:34] | I don’t even really know who he is, so… | 我也不清楚他到底是谁 |
[09:37] | Oh, we can find him. | 我们能找到他的 |
[09:39] | Yeah, you said his name was Phil | 你说过他的名字叫Phil |
[09:41] | and something about him being from Berkeley, right? | 还说了他好像来自伯克利 是吧 |
[09:43] | Oh, I have found guys with just a zodiac sign | 我当初仅凭着星座和他最喜欢的毛衣颜色 |
[09:46] | and a favorite sweater color. | 就找到了我要找的人 |
[09:47] | Yeah, but we don’t know anything about this “Phil from Berkeley.” | 但我们对这个”伯克利的Phil”一无所知 |
[09:50] | All right, for all we know, he could be, | 好了 目前看来他可能 |
[09:51] | okay, get this, “Phil from Vallejo.” | 比如说 “瓦利霍的Phil” |
[09:54] | Or Dr. Phil. | 或者就是Phil博士 |
[09:55] | I think she would remember if she hooked up with Dr. Phil. | 我觉着他俩要是勾搭在一起 她肯定不会忘 |
[09:58] | No, I don’t know. I was really drunk. | 不 我真不知道 当时我醉的不行 |
[10:00] | It could be Dr. Phil. But you know what? | 也有可能是Phil博士 但是呢 |
[10:03] | I don’t even want to, like, | 我其实一点都不想 |
[10:04] | do that and blow up this guy’s life. | 找到那个人 破坏他的生活 |
[10:06] | Screw that, blow up Dr. Phil’s life. | 去他的 那就破坏Phil博士的生活吧 |
[10:07] | He’s about to have a child in the world | 他就要有一个小宝宝了 |
[10:08] | and he needs to know. | 他有权利知道 |
[10:10] | What he doesn’t need is a kid growing up | 他不需要的是在18年后 |
[10:11] | and being on 23andMe 18 years from now | 跑来一个孩子上23andMe做亲子鉴定 |
[10:13] | and then showing up at his 40th birthday party at the Macaroni Grill. | 然后当他在罗曼诺意式餐厅庆祝40岁生日时出现 |
[10:15] | Ooh, Mac G. | 哦 罗曼诺 |
[10:17] | I would get all up in that prosciutto-wrapped jumbo shrimp. | 一想起裹着帕尔玛火腿的大虾就来精神了 |
[10:20] | You know, maybe Dr. Phil Jr. | 也许Phil博士二世 |
[10:22] | does want to eat family style with his father. | 就想和他爸一起吃个家庭套餐呢 |
[10:24] | Don’t they both theoretically deserve that delicious chance? | 理论上说 这不应该是他们应得的吗 |
[10:27] | You know, I couldn’t imagine life without our dad. | 我简直难以想象没有爸爸的生活 |
[10:30] | Me neither. Well, what about you? | 我也是 你呢 |
[10:32] | Was your dad around? | 你老爸经常在身边吗 |
[10:34] | Actually, uh, | 其实吧 呃 |
[10:35] | he wasn’t there much in the beginning. | 最开始他没怎么参与我的生活 |
[10:37] | You know, ’cause of his wrongful incarceration case. | 是啊 因为他被非法拘禁了 |
[10:40] | Oh, my goodness. Wrongful incarceration? | 哦 天呐 非法拘禁啊 |
[10:44] | Black. | 黑人吧 |
[10:45] | Whatever. | 无所谓了 |
[10:46] | Yeah, but then when the cops held a press conference to… | 是啊 但那之后警察召开了记者会 |
[10:51] | apologize to my father about being in the wrong, | 因为他们抓错了人 最后给我爸道歉 |
[10:53] | Dad was around a whole lot more. So… | 我就能经常和他相处了 |
[10:55] | So, a-a cop apologized to your dad? | 所以 那个警察给你爸爸道歉了 |
[10:59] | – Yeah. – Publicly? | – 是啊 – 公开的吗 |
[11:00] | That’s amazing, man. | 那也太好了 老兄 |
[11:02] | White guy. | 是个白人 |
[11:03] | This might be an unpopular opinion, | 我的看法你们可能不爱听 |
[11:05] | but if I was Phil, I would rather not know. | 但如果我是Phil 我宁愿不知道 |
[11:08] | Not unpopular, Vivek. Thank you. | 不会不爱听啊 Vivek 谢谢你的观点 |
[11:11] | No, pretty unpopular. | 不 非常不爱听 |
[11:13] | I mean, I actually appreciate Vivek’s honesty. | 我想说 我其实挺欣赏Vivek的坦诚 |
[11:16] | – See? That’s what I was saying. Get in here. – I do. | – 看吧 这就是我想说的 来走一个 – 真的 |
[11:18] | Wait, you actually agree with him? | 等等 所以你是和他一边的 |
[11:20] | Yeah, I mean, | 对 我的意思是 |
[11:21] | God forbid, | 万一 |
[11:22] | somebody pulled up to my crib with a baby, | 某个人带着小宝宝出现在我家里 |
[11:24] | I mean, I would take care of it | 我是说 我肯定会去照顾他 |
[11:25] | like any other good dude would, right? | 就像其他好男人一样 懂吧 |
[11:27] | But I’d be lying if I said I’d actually be happy about it. | 但如果我说自己很乐意去做这件事 那我是在撒谎 |
[11:30] | So you don’t think she should tell him? | 所以你认为不该告诉他 |
[11:32] | No. | 是的 |
[11:33] | The right time to involve dude | 告诉孩子父亲的正确时机 |
[11:34] | was when she found out that she was pregnant. | 是在她发现自己怀孕的时候 |
[11:37] | You know, because then, | 懂吗 因为这样的话 |
[11:38] | he would know the right way to handle it from jump. | 他能在一开始就正确处理这件事 |
[11:41] | And if you tell him now, that’s just… | 要是现在告诉他 那就 |
[11:43] | That’s just not fair. | 那也太不公平了 |
[11:44] | I cannot believe what I’m hearing right now. | 我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵 |
[11:46] | Rod’Nae, help me out, please. | Rod’Nae 来帮我说两句吧 |
[11:48] | It’s actually Rodney. | 我其实叫Rodney |
[11:50] | Just Rodney? | 就叫Rodney吗 |
[11:51] | Of course it is. Of course it is. | 当然 当然 |
[11:53] | Look, I just don’t believe | 听着 我只是不相信 |
[11:54] | that I’m the only man in this room | 我是这个屋里唯一一个 |
[11:56] | who feels like this Dr. Phil dude | 觉得这个Phil博士 |
[11:58] | deserves to know that he’s about to be a father. | 有权利知道他要当爸爸的男人 |
[12:00] | I guess I can see both sides. | 这两种意见我都能理解 |
[12:03] | But, I mean, the issue just is not black or white… | 但是 这不是非黑即白的问题 |
[12:06] | Yes, it is, Rodney, and you need to choose a side… | 这就是 Rodney 你需要选一边 |
[12:09] | Black or White. | 黑还是白 |
[12:10] | What I’m trying to say is that the baby is here, | 我想说的是 这个孩子已经在这了 |
[12:12] | it’s on the way, | 在来的路上了 |
[12:13] | and this man has every right to be in this child’s life | 这个人完全有权利出现在这个孩子的生命里 |
[12:15] | until he proves himself otherwise. | 直到他证明他不配 |
[12:18] | As much as it pains me to agree with Aaron, | 尽管支持Aaron让我很难受 |
[12:21] | Nomi, being a parent is a blessing, | Nomi 成为父母是一种幸福 |
[12:23] | And, look, I’m sorry, but… | 我很抱歉 |
[12:26] | …I think your choice in not informing Phil | 但是我觉得你不打算告诉Phil的这个决定 |
[12:28] | is depriving your child and his or her father from having a relationship. | 是在剥夺你的孩子和父亲建立关系的权利 |
[13:12] | Hey, we’re all out… | 我们吃完 |
[13:15] | Look, you obviously like the guy, | 你明显就喜欢这个男人 |
[13:18] | and doing this could possibly change everything. | 这么做了也许会改变一切 |
[13:20] | So… don’t do it. | 所以 别这么做 |
[13:24] | No, I need to know who I’m dating. | 不 我需要知道我在和谁约会 |
[13:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | Well, just so you know, that whatever the outcome is, | 你得知道 不管结果如何 |
[13:32] | when you turn the lights off, | 把灯一关 |
[13:34] | we are all the same color. | 我们都是一样的肤色 |
[13:52] | Damn. | 妈呀 |
[13:53] | Those people might glow in the dark. | 他们真没准在夜里也能发光 |
[13:58] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[14:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[14:03] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[14:04] | I just wanted to make sure | 我就是想确认 |
[14:05] | that you got some of this pregnant belly cake… | 你拿了点这个孕肚蛋糕 |
[14:08] | The popped belly button is actually fondant. | 凸起的肚脐眼其实是方旦糖 |
[14:10] | No, if you can get past your initial revulsion, | 如果你能克服最开始的反感 |
[14:11] | it’s actually pretty next-level. | 这其实还不错 |
[14:14] | Look, um… | 那个 |
[14:16] | …I just want to apologize if I overstepped. | 如果我自作主张了 那我道歉 |
[14:18] | I mean, we all know that going overboard is kind of my thing, | 我们都知道我容易太过火 |
[14:21] | but it’s only because I care. | 但这只是因为我在乎 |
[14:24] | I know. Thank you for caring. | 我知道 谢谢你的关心 |
[14:26] | But I am going to overstep with one more thing, | 不过我还要再自作主张一次 |
[14:29] | and again, it’s only because I love you, | 再说一次 这只是因为我爱你 |
[14:32] | and I just… I don’t want you to regret anything. | 我不希望你有任何遗憾 |
[14:35] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[14:37] | Only if you change your mind about your baby’s father. | 除非你改主意想了解一下孩子的爸爸 |
[14:41] | FYI, it only took me 45 seconds. | 仅供参考 我找这些只用了45秒 |
[14:44] | It… It’s my new personal best. | 是我新的最佳纪录 |
[15:05] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:06] | Sky, where did your, uh, dear old friend go? | Sky 你亲爱的老朋友去哪儿了 |
[15:08] | Rodney, did he skedaddle? | Rodney 他逃跑了吗 |
[15:09] | I am appalled and flabbergasted. | 我真是太吃惊了 |
[15:11] | I swear you gave me so much shit | 你一直找我茬儿 |
[15:14] | for dating White girls, and then, what, | 就因为我和白人女孩约会 现在怎么着 |
[15:16] | you go and fall for a White boy that you thought was Black? | 你喜欢上一个你以为是黑人的白人男孩 |
[15:20] | I didn’t understand the definition of irony until today. | 直到今天我才明白什么叫讽刺 |
[15:22] | All right, enough, she gets it. | 行了 够了 她懂了 |
[15:24] | If it is any consolation, | 如果这能安慰你的话 |
[15:25] | we all come from the same haplogroup in Central Africa, | 我们都是从同一个中非单倍群来的 |
[15:27] | meaning your friend Rodney is a little bit Black. | 就是说你朋友Rodney也是有一点黑的 |
[15:34] | I can’t believe I fell for a White boy. | 我真不敢相信我喜欢上了一个白人 |
[15:36] | I just don’t get it. | 我就是不懂 |
[15:37] | I mean, I… I knew he was lighter-skinned, | 我知道他是浅肤色的 |
[15:40] | but by all appearances, he’s a Black man. | 但是他看上去就是黑人啊 |
[15:43] | With no facial hair? | 没有面部毛发 |
[15:44] | But that crispy lineup, though. | 但是他有那么整齐的发际线 |
[15:47] | He took me to Red Lobster on our first date… | 我们第一次约会的时候他带我去了红龙虾餐厅 |
[15:51] | But now that I think about it, | 不过现在我回想一下 |
[15:52] | he didn’t order the shrimp… | 他没点虾 |
[15:54] | …the crab legs, | 没点螃蟹腿 |
[15:55] | or even touch those cheesy biscuits. | 碰都没碰那些芝士饼干 |
[15:57] | Okay, see? Now I see how it could be confusing. | 好吧 现在我懂为什么这让人有点混乱了 |
[16:01] | Well, looks like we’ll most definitely be needing this. | 看起来我们一定会需要这个了 |
[16:09] | Well, the father of my baby is no longer a “Rando.” | 我孩子的爸爸现在不是什么陌生人了 |
[16:14] | His name is Phil McGinnis. He’s from San Jose. | 他叫Phil McGinnis 是从圣荷西来的 |
[16:17] | He’s a Comm Major at UC Berkeley and, apparently, | 在加州大学伯克利分校读传播学专业 而且看上去 |
[16:21] | the dude is a major player in the Ultimate Frisbee scene. | 他还是终极飞盘赛的重量级选手 |
[16:25] | – Cool? – Before Ana tracked him down, | – 好吧 – 在Ana找到他之前 |
[16:27] | he was just, like, a nameless, faceless dude. | 他就是一个没名 没脸的人 |
[16:30] | And now he’s a… real person. | 现在他是一个活生生的人了 |
[16:34] | Well, Nomi, you do know that he was always a real person. | Nomi 他一直是个活生生的人啊 |
[16:39] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[16:41] | But now this baby is a real person, so… | 可是现在这个孩子也是个真实存在的人了 |
[16:45] | Look, I told you I was gonna have your back through this | 我说过在这件事上我会一直支持你 |
[16:48] | and that I was gonna give it to you straight | 而且不管有多难 |
[16:50] | no matter how hard it would be. | 我都会有话直说 |
[16:53] | But, I don’t know, | 但是 我也不知道了 |
[16:53] | after today and everything happening downstairs, | 经过今天和楼下发生的事情之后 |
[16:56] | I… I realized whether to keep the baby | 我意识到不管是留下这个孩子 |
[17:01] | or place it for adoption, | 或者让别人领养 |
[17:03] | or even whether to tell Phil he’s the father or not, | 又或者是告不告诉Phil他是孩子的爸爸 |
[17:08] | these aren’t choices that any of us can make for you. | 这些都不是我们任何一个人能帮你做的决定 |
[17:11] | – Yeah. – These are your choices. | – 是啊 – 这些都是你的选择 |
[17:15] | And I know you. | 我了解你 |
[17:18] | Easier said than done, but I know you’re | 这说起来容易 但是我知道 |
[17:19] | absolutely going to do what’s right for you. | 你一定会做对你来说正确的事情 |
[17:22] | I’m not going to be able to think about it here. | 我在这儿没法想这些事情 |
[17:25] | Not clearly, anyway. I… | 起码想不清楚 |
[17:31] | I think I need to go home. | 我想我该回家了 |
[17:36] | Is that, like, the coward’s way out? | 这算不算胆小鬼的逃避方式 |
[17:38] | No. | 不是 |
[17:40] | I think going home is actually a really brave decision. | 我觉得回家其实是个很勇敢的决定 |
[17:43] | – Do you? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 是啊 |
[17:49] | So, Ultimate Frisbee? | 终极飞盘赛哈 |
[17:58] | Please don’t get arrested. | 千万别被警察抓了 |
[18:00] | I’ll try. | 我尽力吧 |
[18:04] | – You better call me every day. – Okay. | – 你最好每天都给我打电话 – 好 |
[18:05] | And I’m not screwing around | 而且让你把你医生的邮件给我也抄送一份 |
[18:07] | about CC-ing me on all your doctor emails. | 我可不是随便说说的 |
[18:14] | Goodbye, little Usain. | 拜拜 小Usain |
[18:16] | I thought we agreed on “Flo-Jo”. | 我还以为我们都同意叫”Flo-Jo”了 |
[18:18] | Only if it was a girl. | 如果这是个女孩的话 |
[18:19] | You see the way she’s carrying, | 你看见她怀的样子了 |
[18:21] | you know she’s gonna have a boy. | 你知道她怀的肯定是个男孩 |
[18:22] | – I can’t… – All right. | – 我不 – 好啦 |
[18:24] | Thank God I’m not having twins. | 还好我怀的不是双胞胎 |
[18:27] | You will be missed. | 我们会想你的 |
[18:34] | Donadagovhi… | 豆纳达高维 |
[18:37] | What? | 什么 |
[18:38] | That’s Cherokee for, “Until we meet again”. | 那是彻罗基语”直到我们下次相遇”的意思 |
[18:47] | I’m… I’m not gonna say goodbye | 我就不说再见了 |
[18:49] | because I know I’m gonna be seeing you really very soon. | 因为我知道我们很快就会再见了 |
[18:53] | I know we, like, get into it a lot, | 我知道咱们吵吵闹闹的 |
[18:55] | but I’m gonna miss you the most. | 但是我一定会最想你的 |
[19:01] | Don’t take anyone else out for margaritas. | 别跟别人出去喝玛格丽塔酒 |
[19:10] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[19:14] | Although we may take for granted | 我们也许会把许多 |
[19:17] | the billion little things it takes to create life, | 创造出生命的小事情视为理所当然 |
[19:20] | there were two things we didn’t take for granted… | 但是有两件事我们不认为是理所当然的 |
[19:24] | the difficult choice Nomi was facing, | Nomi所面临的艰难选择 |
[19:27] | and the fact that this group of nine amazing people | 还有这九个了不起的人 |
[19:31] | came together to support and love each other | 无论发生什么事情都会在一起 |
[19:34] | no matter what. | 相亲相爱地支持对方的事实 |
[19:39] | Uh, you’re headed to the airport, right? | 你是要去机场对吧 |
[19:41] | – Yeah. – I got you. | – 对 – 了解 |
[19:42] | I got water, I got mints, I got phone chargers. | 我有水 薄荷糖 手机充电器 |
[19:45] | I got a head shot | 还有一张半身照 |
[19:47] | if you have any connections in the business. | 如果你在这行有什么人脉的话 |
[19:49] | – I don’t. – No? | – 我没有 – 没有 |
[19:52] | Hey, you never know, right? | 不试试怎么知道 是吧 |
[19:53] | Where you traveling to? | 你要去哪儿旅行啊 |
[19:58] | Home. | 回家 |
[20:00] | Nice. | 不错 |
[20:02] | No place like home. | 没有哪儿比家更好 |
[20:03] | Wish I could go home. Clickity clack back to Idaho. | 我也想回家 回到爱达荷州 |