时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I’ll take you as far as the Broad, | 我带你到宽街 |
[00:10] | then I’ve got to go see my mum’s lawyer. | 然后我得去找我妈妈的律师 |
[00:12] | I know, you already said. | 我知道 你说过了 |
[00:17] | No. | 不 |
[00:19] | Definitely not. | 绝对不行 |
[00:24] | Yes. | 就这个 |
[00:28] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[00:29] | No capes, Lyra. | 不能穿披风 莱拉 |
[00:31] | – “No capes.” – Eh, what does he know? | -“不能穿披风” -他懂什么 |
[00:36] | Or hats. | 也不能戴帽子 |
[00:42] | The point is to blend in. | 你得混入人群 |
[00:45] | Is this good enough for you, Pan? | 你可以待在这里面吗 潘 |
[00:46] | You can’t put Pan in that. | 你不能让潘待在那里面 |
[00:47] | Lyra, people are going to be looking for me. | 莱拉 有人在找我 |
[00:50] | Bad people, the police. | 坏人 警察 |
[00:51] | You mustn’t look different or you’ll draw attention to us. | 你得看上去和大家一样 否则就会引起注意 |
[00:54] | They’ll start asking questions. | 他们就会问你问题 |
[00:55] | They’ll find this window and everything. | 他们就会发现窗户和一切 |
[00:58] | This is a good hiding place. | 这是个不错的藏身处 |
[01:00] | I’m safer here, so let’s keep it that way. | 我在这里更安全 所以别被人发现了 |
[01:06] | Lyra? | 莱拉 |
[01:08] | – Sorry, Pan. – Unbelievable. | -抱歉 潘 -难以置信 |
[01:12] | It stinks of old goat! | 一股老山羊的臭味 |
[01:23] | You’re sure you remember where this is? | 你确定你记得这里的路吗 |
[01:25] | This is the gate. | 门就在这里 |
[01:35] | I can see it, Will. | 我能看到了 威尔 |
[01:39] | Lyra, wait! | 莱拉 等等 |
[01:41] | Wait! | 等等 |
[01:49] | Are you OK? | 你没事吧 |
[01:51] | Yeah. They don’t have cars that fast in my Oxford. | 嗯 我的牛津没有那么快的车 |
[01:54] | You don’t have the word “wait” either? | 你们也没有”等等”这个词吗 |
[01:56] | Come on, get up. | 来 起来吧 |
[01:59] | This way. | 这边 |
[02:01] | I’m fine, thanks for asking. | 我没事 谢谢关心 |
[02:10] | Is this similar to your Oxford? | 这里像你的牛津吗 |
[02:13] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[02:15] | Sort of. | 有点像 |
[02:18] | We need to be careful. Blend in. | 我们必须小心 不能引人注意 |
[04:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:23] | Would you like a picture? | 要拍张照片吗 |
[04:25] | Oh, look at that guy! | 看那个人 |
[04:32] | Come on. | 快来 |
[04:33] | Mind out! | 小心 |
[04:34] | Lyra. | 莱拉 |
[04:37] | Wait, that building’s close to Jordan in my world. | 等等 那幢楼在我的世界里就挨着乔丹学院 |
[04:41] | Lyra, slow down! | 莱拉 慢点 |
[04:45] | I’ve never heard of Jordan College. | 我从没听说过乔丹学院 |
[04:47] | The tower’s right there – it’s right next to it! | 塔楼就在那边 就在那幢楼旁边 |
[05:03] | So sorry, so sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[05:09] | Further back that way. | 再往那边一点 |
[05:19] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[05:21] | You were right – Jordan College doesn’t exist in your world. | 你说得没错 你的世界里没有乔丹学院 |
[05:25] | This isn’t like our Oxford at all. | 这看上去一点都不像我们的牛津 |
[05:29] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[05:52] | Your Eminences, venerable brothers, | 阁下们 各位尊敬的兄弟们 |
[05:56] | I will not use this solemn day | 我不会在这肃穆的日子里 |
[06:00] | to tell of the wildness of the witch | 讲述女巫的恶行 |
[06:04] | whom I saw strike our brother Sturrock down. | 我眼看她杀死了我们的兄弟 斯特罗克 |
[06:09] | But have no fear. | 但不必担心 |
[06:12] | She and her kind will be brought to account. | 她和她的同类将会受到惩罚 |
[06:17] | As acting cardinal… | 作为教会当局的 |
[06:20] | ..of this Magisterium, | 代理主教 |
[06:22] | I have a duty to tell you | 我有责任告诉大家 |
[06:26] | that these troubled times | 这种困难时期 |
[06:29] | call for strong, decisive leadership. | 需要强大果决的领导 |
[06:34] | And the Authority has blessed me | 权威者赐予了我 |
[06:37] | with a clarity of purpose | 对使命的明晰 |
[06:39] | which cuts through my grief… | 它就如一把快刀 |
[06:43] | ..like a knife! | 斩断了我的悲伤 |
[06:46] | In deepest respect, | 我怀着深深的尊敬 |
[06:48] | I dedicate myself… | 将自己献给 |
[06:52] | ..to this great task. | 这伟大的任务 |
[07:02] | That’s nothing. | 这没什么 |
[07:03] | One time, I fell off a tree, | 有次 我从树上摔下来 |
[07:05] | and the librarian thought I’d broken my leg. | 图书管理员以为我摔断了腿 |
[07:06] | So he carried me all the way | 于是就把我 |
[07:07] | from the Botanic Gardens back to Jordan. | 从植物园抱回了乔丹学院 |
[07:10] | We have the Botanic Gardens. | 我们也有植物园 |
[07:13] | My mum used to take me. | 我妈妈以前会带我去那里 |
[07:17] | Good as new. | 好了 |
[07:27] | What’s that thing, anyway? Why do you keep looking at it? | 那玩意到底是什么 你为什么老看它 |
[07:30] | I just need to do something. | 我需要做件事 |
[07:38] | What’s it do? | 它能干什么 |
[07:42] | You phone people on it and it tells you stuff, like the news. | 你拿它给人打电话 它还能告诉你新闻什么的 |
[07:48] | I have something a bit like that, but better. | 我也有差不多的东西 不过要更好 |
[07:52] | I asked it about you, Will. | 我问过它你的事 威尔 |
[07:56] | It told me you’re a murderer. | 它告诉我你是个杀人犯 |
[07:58] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:01] | I needed to know about you, so I asked it. | 我需要了解你 所以我就问了它 |
[08:03] | And it’s fine – it’s the good kind of murderer, like… | 没关系 是好的那种杀人犯 |
[08:05] | Stop saying that word. | 别再说那个词了 |
[08:09] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道自己在说什么 |
[08:12] | I had no choice. | 我当时别无选择 |
[08:20] | What’s it saying? | 它怎么说 |
[08:23] | It’s saying I need to see my mum. | 它说我得去找我妈妈 |
[08:26] | I have to make sure she’s all right. | 我得确认她没事 |
[08:28] | Stay out of trouble, OK? | 别惹麻烦 好吗 |
[08:31] | I’ll meet you at the Botanic Gardens, 5pm. | 下午五点在植物园碰头 |
[08:35] | You shouldn’t have called him a murderer. | 你不应该说他是杀人犯的 |
[08:41] | 烛光《莫扎特的奇妙歌剧》 烛光《伊丽莎白·鲁特之歌》 | |
[08:55] | This looks more like our Oxford. | 这里才更像我们的牛津 |
[09:12] | – I do not like this place. – Get in! | -我不喜欢这地方 -躲包里 |
[09:38] | Where do I find the scholar to tell me about Dust? | 能告诉我尘埃的事的院士在哪里 |
[09:47] | Keys – which saint held the keys? | 钥匙 掌钥匙的是哪个圣人 |
[09:50] | St Peter, wasn’t it? | 圣彼得 是不是 |
[09:51] | So there must be a St Peter’s College. | 所以这里一定有所圣彼得学院 |
[09:55] | It’s telling me to look for the door with the mountain on it. | 它叫我去找上面有山的门 |
[10:01] | It’s saying… | 它说… |
[10:03] | not to lie to the scholar. | 不要对院士撒谎 |
[10:05] | How are you going to manage that? | 这你怎么可能做得到 |
[10:07] | It’s telling me to focus on the boy. | 它叫我把注意力放在那个男孩身上 |
[10:12] | To help him find his father. | 帮他找到他父亲 |
[10:14] | But… | 但是… |
[10:16] | I thought Will was supposed to be helping us. | 我以为威尔是来帮我们的 |
[10:18] | We don’t have much time. Let’s find the scholar first. | 我们没时间了 先去找那个院士吧 |
[10:21] | Ok. | 好 |
[10:48] | You’re interested in skulls? | 你对头骨感兴趣吗 |
[10:52] | Did you know… | 你知道吗 |
[10:54] | that people still do that? | 现在还有人这么做 |
[10:56] | Drill holes in their heads. | 在脑袋上钻洞 |
[11:00] | They must be lunatics. | 他们一定是疯子 |
[11:02] | There’s a name for it. | 有个专有名词 |
[11:04] | – I’ve forgotten what it’s called. – Trepanning. | -我忘记是怎么说的了 -穿孔 |
[11:08] | Are you a student in Oxford? | 你是牛津的学生吗 |
[11:10] | No, it says it there. | 不是 那里写着呢 |
[11:16] | I wish I knew so much at your age. | 我要是像你这么大时也懂这么多就好了 |
[11:20] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[11:21] | Lizzie. | 莉齐 |
[11:25] | I’m a collector. | 我是个收藏家 |
[11:27] | I’ve donated various items to this place. | 我给这地方捐了不少东西 |
[11:31] | Listen, if you ever want to know more about these artefacts… | 如果你想了解更多这些展品的事… |
[11:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:38] | Nice to meet you, Lizzie. | 幸会 莉齐 |
[12:24] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[12:25] | Will texted me – he’ll be in touch soon. | 威尔给我发信息了 他很快就会联系我 |
[12:40] | The head of the Magisterium, Ruta? | 教会当局的领袖 鲁塔 |
[12:42] | He was a bloated monster who spread hate and fear and blindness. | 他是个跋扈的祸害 散布仇恨 恐惧和无知 |
[12:47] | I had to send Dr Lanselius as a peace envoy | 我只得派兰斯刘斯博士去做和平使者 |
[12:50] | to clean up this mess. | 收拾这个烂摊子 |
[12:51] | We can’t get drawn into this cycle of futile revenge. | 我们不能被卷入这无谓的复仇漩涡里 |
[12:55] | We must focus on the girl and the prophecy. | 我们必须专注于女孩和预言 |
[12:58] | You speak as if you are above this. | 你说话一副超然事外的样子 |
[12:59] | And you act as if you have no self-control. | 而你行事一副无法自控的样子 |
[13:03] | I protected the prophecy. | 我保护了预言 |
[13:04] | Thanks to me, our enemies still don’t know the child’s name. | 因为我 我们的敌人仍不知道她的名字 |
[13:07] | We need to unite the nine clans. | 我们得团结九个部落 |
[13:11] | We’ve cut the head off the Magisterium. | 我们已经砍掉了教会当局的头 |
[13:13] | So let’s finish what they started. | 现在去了结他们挑起的事端吧 |
[13:17] | The world’s changing. | 世界在改变 |
[13:20] | We’ve all sensed it. | 我们都感觉到了 |
[13:21] | The skies are darkening. | 天空在变暗 |
[13:25] | The light is dull. | 光变得灰暗 |
[13:29] | I’m trying to reach for the child, but… | 我想感应到那孩子 但… |
[13:32] | she feels indistinct… | 她很模糊 |
[13:35] | ..like she’s behind a veil. | 就好像在幕布之后 |
[13:38] | If we cannot reach her, all will be lost. | 如果我们不能找到她 一切就都完了 |
[13:46] | This is it, St Peter’s College. | 就是这里 圣彼得学院 |
[14:09] | You mustn’t go lying to the scholar, remember that. | 你不能对院士撒谎 记住了 |
[14:11] | Pan, I won’t lie to him. I can do that. | 潘 我不会对他撒谎的 我做得到 |
[14:40] | Can you please tell me where the physicist is? | 能告诉我物理学家在哪吗 |
[14:43] | Well, what kind of physicist are you after? Will I do? | 你要找什么样的物理学家 我行吗 |
[14:46] | You’re a scholar? | 你是个院士吗 |
[14:49] | Believe it or not, I am, yeah. | 信不信由你 我还真是 |
[14:51] | What were you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[14:52] | Oh, I’m watching… | 我在看… |
[14:54] | There’s a nest of fledglings in the drain – wrens. | 排雨管上有一窝雏鸟…鹪鹩 |
[14:58] | They come back every year. | 它们每年都回来 |
[14:59] | Sorry, you are? | 抱歉 请问你是 |
[15:01] | Lyra Silvertongue. | 莱拉·巧舌如簧 |
[15:04] | Mary Malone. You’re not a student, are you? | 玛丽·马隆 你不是这里的学生吧 |
[15:06] | Can you please tell me about Dust? | 你能跟我讲讲尘埃吗 |
[15:09] | Dust? | 尘埃 |
[15:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:12] | Well, we call it Dust in my world, | 在我的世界 我们叫它尘埃 |
[15:14] | or we also call it Rusakov particles – you ever heard of them? | 也叫它鲁萨科夫粒子 你听说过吗 |
[15:17] | In your world… In your school, you mean? | 你的世界 你是指你的学校吗 |
[15:20] | No. | 不是 |
[15:22] | We’re not allowed to study Dust | 我们不被允许研究尘埃 |
[15:23] | because the Magisterium thinks it’s original sin. | 因为教会当局认为它是原罪 |
[15:25] | They take children to the North, and now there’s an opening. | 他们把孩子掳去北方 现在出现了一个裂口 |
[15:27] | And my father is… | 我父亲… |
[15:32] | I’m saying it all wrong. | 我讲得不好 |
[15:34] | I didn’t think it would be this difficult. | 我没想到会这么难 |
[15:36] | – I’m not sure I’m who you’re looking for, Lyra. – Yes. | -我恐怕不是你要找的人 莱拉 -你是 |
[15:39] | Yes, you are. | 你就是 |
[15:41] | I know you are. | 我知道你是 |
[15:42] | Is there someone I can call to help, your parents or…? | 要我打电话找谁来吗 比如你父母或者… |
[15:45] | No. | 不 |
[15:49] | This matters. | 这很重要 |
[15:52] | This matters… | 这… |
[15:54] | ..so much. | 非常重要 |
[15:59] | You see, my friend was killed. | 我的朋友被杀了 |
[16:03] | Because of Dust. | 就因为尘埃 |
[16:06] | I’ve travelled so far. | 我长途跋涉 |
[16:08] | I found myself here. | 现在来到这里 |
[16:11] | And Jordan’s gone… | 但是乔丹学院不见了 |
[16:14] | ..And I don’t know where to go. | 我不知道该去哪里 |
[16:17] | I need to find out about Dust, | 我需要了解尘埃 |
[16:18] | because if I don’t find out about Dust, | 因为如果我不弄清尘埃的事 |
[16:19] | it will all be for nothing. | 一切就都白费了 |
[16:24] | Roger’s death will be for nothing. | 罗杰就白死了 |
[16:28] | I miss him so much. | 我好想他 |
[16:32] | I’m sorry about your friend. | 你朋友的事我很遗憾 |
[16:38] | I need you to tell me about the particles you study. | 我需要你跟我讲讲你在研究的粒子 |
[16:44] | Please. | 求你了 |
[16:50] | Ok. | 好 |
[16:53] | Ok. | 好 |
[17:03] | You missed the funeral. | 你错过了葬礼 |
[17:05] | You know, I’m not sure you’ve shown Cardinal Sturrock | 我怎么觉得你没对斯特罗克主教表现出 |
[17:08] | the respect he deserves. | 应有的尊重 |
[17:10] | Will you help MacPhail keep the top job? | 你要帮麦克费尔保住高位吗 |
[17:13] | I vote this evening, | 我今晚投票 |
[17:14] | but he has stiff competition. | 但他面临着激烈竞争 |
[17:19] | Father Graves. | 格拉费斯神父 |
[17:21] | I think you’d make a better cardinal than either of them. | 我认为你比他们二人都更适合当主教 |
[17:24] | Graves is on quite the crusade. | 格拉费斯行事凌厉 |
[17:26] | He’s arrested half the North, | 他逮捕了北方一半的人 |
[17:29] | and the council seem rather pleased. | 而委员会似乎很满意 |
[17:32] | I saw they’re holding that manservant of Asriel’s | 我看见他们把阿斯里尔的男仆 |
[17:35] | down in the basement. | 关在地下室 |
[17:38] | Any sign of the man himself? | 发现阿斯里尔本人的踪迹了吗 |
[17:43] | Not a trace. | 毫无踪迹 |
[17:47] | Where have you been hiding? | 你躲到哪里去了 |
[17:53] | Away. | 不在这里 |
[17:55] | On business. | 出差去了 |
[17:58] | And you? | 你呢 |
[18:00] | How is that charming daughter of yours? | 你可爱的女儿怎么样了 |
[18:04] | The escape artist. | 那个逃脱大师 |
[18:09] | They grow up so fast. | 孩子们长得太快了 |
[18:11] | Has her daemon settled yet? | 她的精灵固定为原形了吗 |
[18:12] | My daughter is none of your business. | 我女儿不关你的事 |
[18:30] | You are Dr Martin Lanselius, | 你是马丁·兰斯刘斯博士 |
[18:33] | consul to the witches of the North, | 北方女巫领事 |
[18:36] | and you claim to have been sent here as a peace envoy. | 你自称是作为和平使者被派来这里的 |
[18:39] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗 |
[18:41] | Appointed by Queen Serafina pekkala | 塞拉芬娜·佩卡拉女王任命我 |
[18:44] | to reaffirm the mutual tolerance | 来重申我们两种文化间的 |
[18:47] | between our cultures. | 相互包容 |
[18:49] | I was sorry to hear of the cardinal’s death, | 主教的死讯令我痛心 |
[18:53] | but that witch acted alone. | 但那个女巫是擅自行动的 |
[18:55] | We have grounds to believe you are here as a spy. | 我们有理由相信你是被派来做间谍的 |
[18:58] | Do you deny that the witches have been conspiring | 你是否否认 女巫们与异端阿斯里尔 |
[19:02] | against the Magisterium with the heretic Asriel, | 共谋对付教会当局 |
[19:07] | and you are here to gain intelligence? | 而你是来搜集情报的 |
[19:09] | Absolutely. | 坚决否认 |
[19:11] | To side in human conflict is against their nature. | 在人类冲突中支持一方有违她们的本性 |
[19:14] | You will find no evidence of conspiracy because… | 你们不会找到任何共谋的证据 因为… |
[19:18] | there is none. | 根本不存在共谋 |
[19:19] | I am here to offer our deep regret and broker peace. | 我来这里是为了表达沉痛惋惜 并促成和平 |
[19:22] | That is all. | 仅此而已 |
[19:24] | May I question the prisoner? | 我可以审问犯人吗 |
[19:32] | Dr Lanselius, you are the son of a witch, | 兰斯刘斯博士 你是一个女巫的 |
[19:36] | born out of wedlock. | 非婚生子 |
[19:38] | This witch, did she raise you? | 是这名女巫养大了你吗 |
[19:39] | I spent my childhood in the lakes, | 我童年在湖边度过 |
[19:42] | then, as is the tradition… | 然后按照传统 |
[19:45] | …when my daemon settled, I left home. | 我的精灵固定原形后 我就离开了家 |
[19:50] | What sort of a mother would send her child away? | 什么样的母亲会把自己的孩子送走 |
[19:54] | Is this not all a perversion of all that is natural? | 这难道不是有违天理的吗 |
[20:00] | She sent me to my father | 她把我送去了我父亲那里 |
[20:02] | to spare me the pain of the daemon ritual. | 让我免受精灵仪式的痛苦 |
[20:04] | A barbaric practice. | 残忍的做法 |
[20:05] | No, the ritual is beautiful. | 不 仪式很美好 |
[20:10] | There is a region in the furthest North where daemons cannot go. | 北方最远处有一个精灵无法进入的区域 |
[20:14] | To become a witch, a girl must cross it alone. | 要成为女巫 女孩必须独自前往 |
[20:17] | It allows separation without breaking the soul. | 它能让精灵和人分离 而灵魂不会受损 |
[20:20] | Witches have been hiding | 几个世纪以来 |
[20:22] | the power of daemon separation for centuries. | 女巫一直在隐瞒精灵分离的能力 |
[20:24] | Rituals aren’t a secret. | 仪式并不是什么秘密 |
[20:26] | The witches have no quarrel with you. | 女巫对你们并无敌意 |
[20:28] | Witches are the enemies of men. | 女巫是人类之敌 |
[20:30] | They use their soft, deceitful ways to seduce us. | 她们利用温柔 狡诈的方式诱惑我们 |
[20:34] | They steal men’s seed and then they abandon their offspring. | 她们偷走人类的种子 然后抛弃他们的后代 |
[20:38] | Well, then, you have misunderstood them. | 那你就误会她们了 |
[20:40] | Please, enlighten me. | 那请你说个明白吧 |
[20:42] | Witches see… | 女巫能看到 |
[20:44] | the mysteries and beauty of this planet | 这个世界神秘美好的一面 |
[20:47] | – in ways that men cannot see. – Blasphemy! | -这是人类所看不到的 -亵渎神明 |
[20:50] | Did you hear that? Blasphemy! | 你们听到了吗 亵渎神明 |
[21:00] | Thank you, Father Graves. | 谢谢你 格拉费斯神父 |
[21:07] | Only the Authority can know the mysteries of this world. | 只有权威者才知晓这个世界的奥秘 |
[21:13] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[21:20] | Dr. Lanselius… | 兰斯刘斯博士 |
[21:23] | you are hereby condemned as a traitor. | 我宣判你为叛徒 |
[21:26] | By Magisterium decree, | 根据教会当局法令 |
[21:28] | on the charges of heresy, collusion and conspiracy, | 以异端 共谋和阴谋的罪名 |
[21:31] | you are sentenced to eight years’ hard labour | 你将被判处八年劳役 |
[21:34] | and daemon captivity. | 以及精灵囚禁 |
[21:36] | Take him downstairs. | 把他带去楼下 |
[21:47] | Next detainee to be called, number 1584. | 传唤下一位在押者 1584号 |
[22:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:05] | Please. | 请坐 |
[22:08] | Thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢你和我见面 |
[22:09] | I’m Will Parry, Elaine and John Parry’s son. | 我是威尔·佩里 伊莱恩和约翰·佩里的儿子 |
[22:13] | In this letter he wrote to my mum, | 在这封他写给我妈妈的信里 |
[22:16] | he said if there was ever any trouble, she should contact you. | 他说如果她遇到任何麻烦 就来联系你 |
[22:19] | I expect he was talking about the trust I helped him set up. | 我想他是指我帮他建立的信托基金 |
[22:22] | Your mum’s been getting a small payment from the fund every month. | 你妈妈每个月都会从基金里领到一小笔钱 |
[22:26] | William… | 威廉 |
[22:26] | We need the money now. | 我们现在就需要这笔钱 |
[22:28] | I’m afraid, by law, you’re still a minor, | 恐怕根据法律 你还是未成年人 |
[22:31] | and therefore I can’t let you have the money just like that. | 所以我不能就这样把钱给你 |
[22:34] | Your mum would need to come and see me herself. | 你妈妈得亲自来见我 |
[22:36] | – She’s not very well. – I’m sorry to hear that. | -她身体不太好 -那我很遗憾 |
[22:39] | Your file, Ms Perkins. | 你的文件 珀金斯女士 |
[22:44] | Well… | 这样吧 |
[22:50] | ..You could ask one of the other trustees. | 你可以找找其他受托人 |
[22:57] | Graham and Annabel Parry, your grandparents. | 格雷厄姆和安娜贝尔·佩里 你的祖父母 |
[23:01] | What? | 什么 |
[23:04] | I recall there was some dispute over your father’s estate. | 我记得他们对你父亲的财产一事有些异议 |
[23:08] | Yes, here we are. They have an Oxford address. | 对 就在这里 他们有牛津的地址 |
[23:17] | I have grandparents in Oxford. | 我祖父母就在牛津 |
[23:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:27] | So… | 那 |
[23:29] | ..You wanted to ask me some questions? | 你有问题问我吗 |
[23:36] | Sorry, they’re a bit stale. | 抱歉 这饼干不太新鲜了 |
[23:41] | OK. I promise to answer your questions | 好 我保证回答你的问题 |
[23:44] | if you promise to answer mine in return. Deal? | 只要你也回答我的问题 行吗 |
[23:51] | Fire ahead. | 开始吧 |
[23:54] | Do you study Dust? | 你研究尘埃吗 |
[23:55] | I don’t know what your dust is, | 我不知道你所说的尘埃是什么 |
[23:57] | but we study something called dark matter. | 但我们研究叫暗物质的东西 |
[24:00] | And what’s dark matter? | 暗物质是什么 |
[24:02] | We don’t really know, that’s sort of the point. | 我们也不太了解 所以才要研究 |
[24:05] | It’s… It’s not visible. | 它是看不见的 |
[24:07] | It’s the matter in between all the known bits of the universe, | 它存在于宇宙所有已知事物之间 |
[24:12] | stars and galaxies. | 比如恒星和星系 |
[24:14] | You study physics? | 你学过物理吗 |
[24:17] | Er, sort of. | 算是吧 |
[24:18] | Well, we were trying to find a particular type of particle, | 我们在找一种特定的粒子 |
[24:22] | one that doesn’t respond to light, | 它对光没有反应 |
[24:24] | so it’s very difficult to detect. | 所以很难检测到 |
[24:26] | We call them shadow particles. | 我们称它们为阴影粒子 |
[24:28] | We built an electromagnetic field around a detector | 我们在一个探测器周围建立了一个电磁场 |
[24:31] | to try and isolate their signal, | 想把它们的信号分离出来 |
[24:32] | and then we fed that through the Cave | 然后我们把这个信号传输给”山洞” |
[24:34] | our computer – to amplify it. | 我们的电脑 好放大信号 |
[24:39] | And… | 然后 |
[24:42] | ..What we discovered was actually pretty extraordinary. | 我们有了非同寻常的发现 |
[24:48] | I started testing objects | 我起初拿物件做测试 |
[24:50] | to see if the particles would respond differently. | 想看看粒子会不会有不同的反应 |
[25:00] | I saw more activity when the items were man-made – | 它们对人造物品的反应更大 |
[25:03] | a chess piece, my I Ching box in particular. | 例如象棋子 尤其是我的易经盒 |
[25:15] | Finally, in a moment of madness, | 最后 我一时发狂 |
[25:18] | I attached myself. | 给自己连上了 |
[25:22] | But it was only afterwards, when I was lost in thought, | 但直到后来 我沉浸在思考中时 |
[25:26] | that it happened. | 奇迹才发生了 |
[25:30] | What did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[25:35] | The shadow particles made contact. | 阴影粒子和我交流了 |
[25:38] | They seemed to be… | 它们似乎是 |
[25:41] | ..conscious. | 有意识的 |
[25:45] | I don’t know how else to put it. | 这是我唯一能想到的形容 |
[25:47] | You can’t see them unless you expect to, | 如果你不想看到它们 就看不到 |
[25:51] | unless you put your mind in a certain state. | 你得让自己的意识处于某种特定状态 |
[25:54] | Do you know the poet John Keats? | 你知道那个诗人约翰·济慈吗 |
[25:56] | He has a phrase for it – Negative Capability. | 他有个词来形容这个状态 叫消极能力 |
[25:59] | You have to hold your mind in a state of expectation, | 你得让意识保持在一种期盼的状态下 |
[26:04] | without impatience. | 还要耐心 |
[26:06] | And then they flock to your thoughts like birds. | 然后粒子便会如鸟儿涌入你的思绪 |
[26:10] | That’s Dust. | 那就是尘埃 |
[26:17] | Lyra, how do you know about my work? | 莱拉 你是怎么得知我的研究的 |
[26:20] | None of it’s published. | 这些都没发表过 |
[26:31] | Because of this. | 因为我有这个 |
[26:38] | That’s really beautiful. | 这东西真漂亮 |
[26:41] | Is it some kind of game? | 它是什么游戏道具吗 |
[26:43] | It’s not a game. | 这不是什么游戏 |
[26:46] | It told me to look for the door with a mountain on it. | 它叫我去找一扇上面有山的门 |
[26:51] | Ask me something I’d never be able to know. | 问我一个我绝不可能知道答案的问题 |
[26:54] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 |
[26:59] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[27:01] | Tell me what I did before I became a scientist. | 说说我在当科学家前是干什么的 |
[27:24] | You were a nun… | 你曾是个修女 |
[27:27] | ..But you stopped believing and you left. | 但你不再相信上帝 便离开了 |
[27:31] | They’d never let you do that in my world. | 在我的世界 这是不会被允许的 |
[27:33] | Wha…? | 什么 |
[27:37] | How did you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[27:45] | ..It’s like you said. | 就像你说的 |
[27:47] | I put my mind in a sort of… | 我让意识处于了 |
[27:50] | ..In-between state… | 恍惚的状态 |
[27:52] | ..And the meanings just come to me. | 然后我就能解读了 |
[27:54] | And that’s how you knew about my research? | 你就是这样知道我的研究的 |
[27:56] | It told me you’d tell me about Dust. | 它说你会告诉我尘埃的事 |
[27:59] | It’s the original sin. | 那是原罪 |
[28:01] | Original sin? | 原罪 |
[28:04] | I became a physicist | 我成为物理学家 |
[28:05] | so I wouldn’t have to think about things like that. | 就是为了不用思考这些事 |
[28:06] | Well, you need to. | 你必须思考 |
[28:09] | The Magisterium in my world want to destroy it. | 我世界的教会当局想摧毁它 |
[28:11] | Who are the Magisterium? | 教会当局是谁 |
[28:13] | They control everything. | 他们控制一切 |
[28:15] | They think Dust is evil. | 他们觉得尘埃是邪恶的 |
[28:19] | But I think what they do is evil. | 但我觉得他们做的事才邪恶 |
[28:25] | Sometimes people are afraid of things they don’t understand. | 有时人们害怕他们不了解的东西 |
[28:29] | Dark matter does sound pretty ominous, but in my experience, | 暗物质听起来很不吉利 但就我了解 |
[28:33] | it’s actually quite beautiful. | 它其实很美 |
[28:39] | Can I see your computer Cave? | 我能看你的电脑山洞吗 |
[28:42] | Please. | 拜托 |
[29:16] | We’ve been waiting for you to come and see us, hoping you would. | 我们一直在等你来找我们 希望你会来 |
[29:22] | Why don’t I know you? | 我为什么不认识你们 |
[29:25] | When your dad went missing… | 你父亲失踪后 |
[29:28] | ..We were all very upset. | 我们都很难过 |
[29:30] | Some thoughtless words were said. | 说了些欠考虑的话 |
[29:33] | But we’re very happy that you’ve found us. | 但我们很开心你找到我们了 |
[29:36] | How is Elaine? | 伊莱恩怎么样了 |
[29:37] | We know she had a hard time | 我们知道你父亲失踪后 |
[29:39] | after your father disappeared. | 她很难接受 |
[29:41] | Is she OK now? | 她现在好些了吗 |
[29:43] | Why did he leave us? | 他为什么离开我们 |
[29:44] | I know Johnny found it very hard to be away from you. | 我知道约翰很不情愿离开你们 |
[29:47] | Anyway, it doesn’t matter. | 这不重要了 |
[29:49] | I just need your help with this trust stuff. | 我只需要你们帮忙解决信托的事 |
[29:51] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. You see. What did I tell you? | 老天 你瞧 我说什么来着 |
[29:53] | – She sent him here for money. – Graham. | -她让他来要钱的 -格雷厄姆 |
[29:55] | – She didn’t send me anywhere. – Graham! | -她没让我做任何事 -格雷厄姆 |
[30:00] | Oh, I’m sorry. Just give him a moment. | 抱歉 给他点时间 |
[30:12] | DI Walters. | 沃尔特斯警督 |
[30:14] | It’s Graham Parry. | 我是格雷厄姆·佩里 |
[30:15] | You were right, he came to us. | 你说得对 他来找我们了 |
[30:18] | Keep him there, I’m coming now. | 留住他 我马上来 |
[30:21] | I understand why you’re angry. | 我理解你为什么生气 |
[30:23] | John’s absence has been hard on all of us, but we can help you. | 约翰的离去让我们都很难过 但我们能帮你 |
[30:28] | You can even stay here if you like. | 如果你想 你可以住在这里 |
[30:30] | Can Mum stay? | 妈妈也能住这里吗 |
[30:33] | It sounds like your mum needs some professional help. | 你妈妈听上去似乎需要专业治疗 |
[30:36] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:42] | Mum’s fine. | 我妈妈没事 |
[30:43] | She’s not fine, is she, Will? | 可她有事 是吧 威尔 |
[30:46] | And neither are you. | 你也有事 |
[30:48] | Your parents exchanged letters and, | 你父母之间有通信 |
[30:52] | for some reason, the police think that they’re important. | 不知为何 警方认为这些信很重要 |
[30:55] | If you could just explain and help us find them, | 如果你可以解释清楚 帮我们找到这些信 |
[30:58] | then all of this can be over. | 那一切都能结束了 |
[31:01] | – I’m sorry. – Don’t worry at all. | -真抱歉 -不必担心 |
[31:39] | You can sit just here. | 你可以坐在这里 |
[31:43] | I’m just going to attach these electrodes to your temples | 我要把电极贴在你的太阳穴上 |
[31:46] | to hook you up, and when I do, just try to clear your mind. | 连接机器 然后你只需要清空思绪 |
[31:49] | You can look at that screen there. | 你可以看那个屏幕 |
[31:51] | I’ve only managed to do this once with a small response, | 我只做到过一次 而且反应很微弱 |
[31:54] | so let’s just see what happens. | 看看效果如何吧 |
[31:56] | Oh, you can relax, it won’t hurt you. | 放松 不疼的 |
[32:07] | All set. | 好了 |
[32:08] | Just…give it a go. | 就…试试吧 |
[32:36] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:38] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[32:39] | No, no, no. That’s the… | 不不 那… |
[32:42] | That’s the best display I’ve ever seen. What were you thinking? | 那是我看过的最好的效果 你想什么呢 |
[32:44] | I was just asking if it was Dust. | 我就是问它是不是尘埃 |
[32:48] | I think that means yes, | 那大概是肯定的意思 |
[32:49] | but I can get it clearer than that – look. | 但我还能让它更清晰 看 |
[33:28] | What…? | 什么… |
[33:29] | Those are pictures. | 那是图像 |
[33:32] | It must be Dust. | 那肯定是尘埃 |
[33:36] | Your particles… | 你的粒子 |
[33:39] | It’s talking in the alethiometer’s language now, | 它在用真理仪的语言说话 |
[33:41] | but you could get it fixed into words very easily. | 但你可以轻易把它们变成语句 |
[33:42] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. Say that again. | 等等 再说一遍 |
[33:45] | It says you’re important. | 它说你很重要 |
[33:50] | You have something important to do. | 你有件重要的事要做 |
[33:55] | But you have to make the connection yourself. | 但你要自己去发现其中联系 |
[34:00] | The Chinese box you have upstairs – | 你楼上的中国盒子 |
[34:02] | you’ll need it where you’re going. | 你得带上它去要去的地方 |
[34:04] | You mean the I Ching? | 易经吗 |
[34:08] | Time… | 时间 |
[34:09] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[34:11] | I have to leave, I’m late. | 我得走了 我迟到了 |
[34:14] | – What?! No, you can’t go. – Sorry. | -什么 你不能走 -抱歉 |
[34:16] | I’ve got someone waiting for me. | 有人等着我呢 |
[34:17] | Will you come back? Tomorrow, please! | 你能再来吗 明天再来 拜托了 |
[34:20] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[34:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[34:45] | Come on, Lyra. | 快点啊 莱拉 |
[34:50] | – Well, now that party’s over, I think I’ll take my leave. – Leave? | -派对结束了 那我也走了 -走 |
[34:54] | What kind of woman raised Father Graves, do you think? | 你觉得格拉费斯神父的母亲是什么样的人 |
[34:57] | Did you see how he paraded himself? | 你看到他哗众取宠的样子了吗 |
[34:59] | I cannot understand why he is afforded such admiration. | 我真不懂人们为何如此敬仰他 |
[35:02] | Sometimes, subtlety is overrated. | 有时 低调不是什么好事 |
[35:05] | What are you suggesting? | 你什么意思 |
[35:10] | You must go one step further to beat him. | 你得更进一步才能打败他 |
[35:13] | My thanks to you, Lord. | 谢谢你 大人 |
[35:16] | You heard Lanselius. | 你听到兰斯刘斯的话了 |
[35:18] | We know where the witches are vulnerable. | 我们知道女巫在哪里最脆弱 |
[35:20] | It would be most irregular | 庭审还没结束 |
[35:23] | to act before the trials have terminated. | 现在就采取行动太不合常规了 |
[35:25] | Graves is a man of big words. Be a man of big actions. | 格拉费斯只会讲大话 你该有大行动 |
[35:32] | The cardinalship is yours, | 主教之位属于你了 |
[35:34] | you just need to show some… | 你只需要展示出… |
[35:37] | ..strength. | 力量 |
[35:44] | Will, I found the scholar! | 威尔 我找到那个院士了 |
[35:46] | She’s called Mary Malone | 她叫玛丽·马隆 |
[35:47] | and she’s got an engine that can see Dust, | 她有一台引擎能看到尘埃 |
[35:49] | and she’s going to make it talk. Will, it was incredible. | 她还能让它说话 威尔 那太了不起了 |
[35:51] | I found out the Dust might not be sin at all. | 我得知尘埃可能根本不是原罪 |
[35:53] | I don’t know what it is, but we need to find out. | 我不知道它是什么 但我们得搞清楚 |
[35:55] | We need to go…now. | 我们得走了 马上 |
[36:02] | Will. | 威尔 |
[36:07] | I never knew there were so many ways to talk to Dust, | 我都不知道有那么多方式可以跟尘埃通话 |
[36:09] | actually talk to it. | 真正的通话 |
[36:10] | I mean, the alethiometer, the Cave, the Chinese sticks… | 真理仪 山洞 中国棍子 |
[36:13] | If I could just go back there tomorrow | 如果我明天能再去一次 |
[36:14] | and play a bit more with the engine… | 再玩玩那个引擎 |
[36:16] | – Will, what’s the matter? – I thought you’d been caught! | -威尔 到底怎么了 -我以为你被抓了 |
[36:19] | I was waiting for you out there | 我在那里等你 |
[36:21] | when the police were looking for me, and you were playing. | 警察还在找我呢 可你却在玩 |
[36:23] | I was doing something important. | 我在做重要的事 |
[36:25] | What am I doing around waiting for you? | 我为什么要在这里等你 |
[36:26] | What am I doing here? | 我为什么要在这里 |
[36:28] | I came back here to make sure my mum was OK, | 我回来是为了确认我妈妈没事 |
[36:29] | not to mess around with you. | 不是为你跟你胡闹 |
[36:30] | – Because you need my help. – Why do I need your help? | -因为你需要我帮忙 -我为什么需要你帮忙 |
[36:33] | To find your father! | 找到你父亲 |
[36:37] | What do you know about my father? | 你知道我父亲什么事 |
[36:39] | I only… | 我… |
[36:40] | I don’t know, I’ve only been told we need to find him. | 我不知道 我只是被告知我们得找到他 |
[36:42] | Told by whom? They’re lying. OK? | 谁告诉你的 那人在说谎 好吗 |
[36:44] | My dad left me and my mum took off to the Arctic. | 我爸爸丢下我和我妈去了北极 |
[36:47] | OK? He’s dead. | 好吗 他死了 |
[36:52] | Will you let me show you? | 让我做给你看吧 |
[36:57] | It’s called an alethiometer. | 这叫真理仪 |
[37:00] | If you ask it a question, it will tell you the truth. | 你问它个问题 它就会说出真相 |
[37:03] | I’ve asked it about your father. | 我问过它你父亲的事 |
[37:07] | He took some letters and he ran away. | 他带着一些信逃走了 |
[37:11] | It was a man. I think he was thief. | 有个男人 好像是个小偷 |
[37:14] | And… | 然后 |
[37:18] | ..and you killed him. | 你杀了他 |
[37:19] | I wasn’t meant to. | 我不是有意的 |
[37:22] | They were scaring my mum. | 他们吓到我妈妈了 |
[37:26] | He tried to steal her letters… | 他想偷她的信 |
[37:29] | ..and he fell. | 他摔了下去 |
[37:33] | I can’t stop thinking about it. | 我总是忍不住去想 |
[37:40] | Can you ask it whether my mum’s OK? | 你能不能问它我妈妈怎么样了 |
[37:43] | I need to know she’ll be all right. | 我需要知道她没事 |
[37:51] | She’s worried, but the man you left her with, he’s kind. | 她很担心 但你把她托付给的男人 他很好 |
[37:55] | She’s safe. | 她很安全 |
[37:59] | It says she’s safe, Will. | 它说她安全 威尔 |
[38:02] | And that thing only tells you the truth? | 那玩意从来都说真话吗 |
[38:04] | Yeah, not good or bad, just truth. | 对 不管好坏 只说真相 |
[38:13] | Did it really say my dad was alive? | 它真说我爸爸还活着吗 |
[38:19] | It said we need to find him. | 它说我们得找到他 |
[38:23] | I don’t know who to trust any more. | 我都不知道该信谁了 |
[38:25] | I didn’t either. | 我也是 |
[38:28] | People that I thought were safe… | 我本以为安全的人 |
[38:32] | ..turned out not to be. | 原来并不 |
[38:42] | But you can trust me. | 但你可以信任我 |
[38:44] | I won’t give you away, not to anyone, I promise. | 我绝不会向任何人出卖你 我保证 |
[38:47] | I’ve done that before. | 我那么做过 |
[38:50] | I betrayed someone. | 我背叛了一个人 |
[38:56] | I hate myself for it. | 我为此恨自己 |
[39:02] | I’m going to have to leave her, aren’t I? | 我得离开她 是吧 |
[39:06] | Just like my dad did. | 就像我爸爸那样 |
[39:10] | I don’t want to, Lyra. | 我并不想 莱拉 |
[39:13] | But I’ll put her in danger if I stay. | 但我留下只会给她带来危险 |
[39:16] | The alethiometer told me you’re connected to Cittagazze. | 真理仪说 你和喜鹊城有关联 |
[39:19] | Maybe your father is, too. | 或许你父亲也有 |
[39:25] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[39:30] | Me too. | 我也喜欢 |
[39:38] | I think it was the most extraordinary discussion I’ve ever had. | 我觉得那是我最不寻常的一次对话 |
[39:41] | She had this quality about her. | 她有种特质 |
[39:44] | And the things she knew! | 她知道的那些事 |
[39:46] | Listen, Oliver, she achieved the best results we’ve ever had. | 奥立弗 她得到了目前最好的成果 |
[39:51] | What we need is a tangible solution to this funding situation. | 我们需要的是一个切实的解决资金的办法 |
[39:54] | She hasn’t got a spare million as well, has she? | 她不会刚好还有上百万闲钱吧 |
[39:56] | She’s going to come back tomorrow, | 她明天还会再来 |
[39:58] | and then you’ll see for yourself. | 你到时自己看吧 |
[39:59] | Have a little faith. | 有点信念吧 |
[40:01] | Oh, let’s leave faith out of it, shall we? | 我们就别提信念的事了吧 |
[40:03] | Just get a good night’s sleep. | 好好睡一晚 |
[40:14] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[40:34] | Sorry to disturb. | 抱歉打扰 |
[40:38] | The council have approved your proposal. | 委员会已批准了你的提议 |
[40:40] | The men are ready. | 士兵已经就绪 |
[40:42] | The order only needs your signature, | 只要你给命令签字 |
[40:43] | and we shall launch the airships. | 飞艇就出发 |
[40:52] | A great many of us are in support of this, Father. | 很多人都支持此举 神父 |
[40:55] | The witches must be cleansed. | 女巫需要清理 |
[41:09] | I’m praying for your success at the vote this evening. | 我在为你今晚赢得选举祈祷 |
[41:36] | It has to be done. | 必须这么做 |
[41:40] | It all… | 这一切都 |
[41:43] | ..had to be done. | 不可避免 |
[41:45] | Yes, a necessary sin. | 是的 必要罪孽 |
[41:49] | But still a sin. | 但也仍是罪孽 |
[41:52] | We will atone for it. | 我们会赎罪的 |
[41:54] | Put your hand out. | 把手伸出来 |
[42:35] | I gave you every chance to escape… | 我给了你充足的机会逃跑 |
[42:38] | ..and yet here you are. | 可你还是被抓了 |
[42:43] | I haven’t got long, Thorold. | 我时间不多 索罗尔德 |
[42:46] | I believe Lyra’s in danger, | 我认为莱拉有危险 |
[42:48] | so if Asriel knew anything of her whereabouts, you must tell me. | 如果阿斯里尔知道她在哪 你必须告诉我 |
[42:52] | Well, they came to the lab. | 他们去了实验室 |
[42:56] | What? When? | 什么 什么时候 |
[42:58] | She travelled all that way to find him… | 她长途跋涉 只为来找他 |
[43:01] | ..and he was going to… | 而他却想… |
[43:04] | What, Thorold? | 什么 索罗尔德 |
[43:08] | ..cut her… | 切割她 |
[43:10] | ..and use the energy to create a window. | 利用那能量打开一个窗户 |
[43:15] | Instead, he used a boy, the kitchen boy. | 但他用了那男孩 厨房学徒 |
[43:18] | He never mentioned the prophecy. | 他没提到过什么预言 |
[43:19] | Where did she go? | 她去了哪 |
[43:22] | She went to save the boy. | 她去救那男孩了 |
[43:26] | She’s… | 她… |
[43:28] | She’s followed Asriel, she’s followed him through that window. | 她跟着阿斯里尔穿过了窗户 |
[43:33] | She’s in another world entirely. | 她去了别的世界 |
[43:39] | Thank you, Thorold. | 谢谢 索罗尔德 |
[46:50] | Marisa. | 玛丽莎 |
[46:53] | They voted unanimously in my favour. | 他们一致选择了我 |
[46:59] | I owe you my thanks. | 我应该感激你 |
[47:02] | You have nothing to thank me for. | 你无需感谢我 |
[47:06] | Don’t you see? | 你不懂吗 |
[47:08] | This… | 这… |
[47:10] | ..is a curse. | 是个诅咒 |
[47:12] | A web of my design | 是我设计的网 |
[47:13] | in which you are both the spider and the fly. | 你既是蜘蛛 也是苍蝇 |
[47:18] | I have had to bite my lip | 我一直默默忍受 |
[47:20] | while all of you parade around, | 看着你们耀武扬威 |
[47:22] | concocting your fearful little schemes, | 盘算着可怕的小计谋 |
[47:25] | daring to judge me. | 胆敢评判我 |
[47:28] | And all the while, | 而与此同时 |
[47:30] | there’s a myriad of universes out there | 这世上存在无数世界 |
[47:32] | that you could only hope to fathom. | 你根本无法理解 |
[47:34] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[47:36] | You forget yourself. | 你忘了自己的身份 |
[47:38] | I forget myself? | 我忘了 |
[47:42] | No, Cardinal. | 不 主教 |
[47:44] | I have a very, very good memory. | 我的记性很好 |
[47:47] | And since you need the past to remain buried, | 而因为你需要过去不被人发现 |
[47:50] | you’ll turn the other cheek while I take what I want. | 你要乖乖任由我夺取我所需 |
[47:55] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[48:00] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[48:02] | Where? | 去哪 |
[48:04] | Are you going to find Asriel? | 你要去找阿斯里尔吗 |
[48:08] | No. | 不 |
[48:10] | I’m in search of something infinitely more valuable. | 我要去找宝贵得多的东西 |
[48:14] | Good luck, Hugh. | 祝你好运 休 |