时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | 堪萨斯州 威奇托州立大学 | |
[00:33] | Let me help you. | 我帮你吧 |
[00:34] | Oh, I can get it. J-Just show me. | 我自己就行 教我怎么做 |
[00:37] | This one’s been acting up all day. | 这个一整天都不太好使 |
[00:40] | Then you shouldn’t let people use it. | 那你就不该让人使用它 |
[00:41] | You gotta really get in there. | 你得把手伸进去 |
[00:47] | Poetry, huh? | 诗歌吗 |
[00:48] | You really need to put an “Out of Order” sign on it. | 你真应该挂块”故障”的标示 |
[00:51] | This is only half. | 这只有一半 |
[00:53] | All right. Well, take the original. | 好吧 原件还你 |
[00:54] | I need the other half. | 我需要另一半 |
[00:57] | – The Xerox guy’s gonna have to clear it. – Then call one. | -得等修复印机的人来 -那就去叫 |
[01:00] | That’s my property. I’m not leaving without it. | 那是我的财物 我不会留下它的 |
[02:41] | 心 理 神 探 | |
[03:04] | The bodies were dismembered, stuffed in trash bags, | 尸体被分尸 塞进垃圾袋 |
[03:08] | and spent between two and six weeks in the Hudson River. | 在哈德逊河里泡了两到六周 |
[03:12] | None of the six victims was ever identified. | 六名死者的身份都未曾确认 |
[03:14] | Cause of death never determined. | 死因也未确定 |
[03:16] | Police were able to trace, | 警方追查到 |
[03:18] | uh, the articles of clothing | 这些衣物 |
[03:20] | to a fetish shop on Christopher Street | 来自克里斯托弗街的一家恋物癖店 |
[03:22] | that catered to the leather community. | 他们的客户群是皮衣爱好者 |
[03:24] | And there’s the Lambda tattoo. | 还有Λ文身 |
[03:25] | Maybe he was a Greek scholar. | 或许他是希腊学者 |
[03:27] | Paul Bateson frequented the gay bars in the Meatpacking District, | 保罗・贝森常去肉类包装区的同性恋酒吧 |
[03:30] | but police could never connect him to the bodies. | 但警方一直无法把他与尸体联系起来 |
[03:32] | He was only convicted for one murder | 他只被定了一项谋杀罪 |
[03:33] | because he called a journalist and confessed to it. | 因为他打给了一位记者招认了 |
[03:36] | The final victim, Addison Verrill. | 最后一名死者 阿迪森・维瑞尔 |
[03:38] | Who was not dismembered and stuffed in a bag, | 并未被肢解 塞进袋子里 |
[03:41] | so why should we talk to this guy | 那我们为何要约谈此人 |
[03:42] | if we don’t even know he did these? | 我们都不能确定他是否犯了这些案 |
[03:43] | Because he told a friend he was the Bag Murderer. | 因为他跟一个朋友说过他就是袋子杀人狂 |
[03:46] | And that he liked to kill. | 还说他想杀人 |
[03:47] | Isn’t someone who practices S&M | 一个进行S&M的人 |
[03:49] | already equating arousal with violence? | 不是已经把性欲和暴力划等号了吗 |
[03:52] | – He’s just a step… – S/M. | -他只是递… -SM |
[03:55] | The correct terminology is S/M. Sadomasochism. | 正确的术语是SM 施虐受虐狂症 |
[03:59] | Not “Sado and masochism.” | 不是”施虐和受虐狂” |
[04:01] | S/M is primarily the exchange of power | SM主要是主和奴之间的 |
[04:03] | between a dominant and a submissive. | 权力交换 |
[04:05] | Pain and violence are just | 痛苦和暴力只是 |
[04:06] | two types of currency within that exchange. | 那种交换里的两种货币 |
[04:08] | There’s also humiliation, fear, sometimes even tickling. | 还有羞辱 恐惧 有时甚至还有挠痒痒 |
[04:12] | Tickled to death? Whole new meaning. | 挠痒痒挠死 赋予了全新意义 |
[04:14] | The fact that one of the victims wore a dog collar | 有位死者戴了狗项圈 |
[04:16] | makes me think our guy likes to be in charge. | 这让我觉得凶手喜欢做主 |
[04:17] | Well, due to the condition of the bodies, | 因为尸体的状况 |
[04:19] | we have no evidence of how he killed | 我们无法证明他如何杀人 |
[04:21] | or whether S/M was even one of his MOs. | 或是SM是否是他的作案手段之一 |
[04:23] | Who else would prey on guys like these? | 不然还有谁会对这种人下手 |
[04:25] | They were into the same stuff, and he gets off on going too far. | 他们喜欢一样的东西 而他又以过界为乐 |
[04:27] | Well, this isn’t just a case of someone who occasionally | 这可不单纯是一个偶尔跨过 |
[04:30] | crossed the line of consent. | 自愿界线的人 |
[04:31] | This is a practiced, organized killer. | 这是个老道有组织的杀人犯 |
[04:33] | Dismembering and disposing of the bodies without witnesses? | 肢解弃尸 不留目击者 |
[04:37] | I mean, that takes planning and commitment. | 这是需要策划和投入的 |
[04:38] | Well, there’s no denying his victim pool | 不可否认 他的受害者 |
[04:40] | is specific to what gives him sexual pleasure. | 都是满足他性欲的 |
[04:42] | – No. But they’re low-hanging fruit for him. – I’ll say. | -对 但他们对他都唾手可得 -可不是呢 |
[04:45] | He’s accepted in their environment, | 他能混进他们之中 |
[04:47] | and he knows how to lure them. | 他也知道怎么引诱他们 |
[04:48] | They actually want to be tied up. | 他们喜欢被绑起来 |
[04:49] | So you’re saying his victim selection is about opportunity. | 你是说他选择受害人是看机会 |
[04:52] | I’m just saying that it would be interesting to find out | 我是说 应该去了解一下 |
[04:54] | how essential his sexual practices were to how he killed. | 他的性习惯对他的杀人方式有多重要 |
[04:57] | And why. | 以及原因 |
[04:59] | You know, was sadomasochism… | 施虐受虐狂症 |
[05:02] | just a convenient way for Bateson to find his victims, | 是否只是贝森找受害人的方便途径 |
[05:04] | – or was it fundamental to his… – That’s Atlanta. | -还是根本地… -那是亚特兰大 |
[05:08] | It’s the police commissioner. | 那是警察局长 |
[05:10] | As Jackson said, we would like to applaud | 就如杰克逊所说 我们赞扬 |
[05:10] | 特别报道 | |
[05:13] | the decision made by the Department of Justice | 司法部做出的决定 |
[05:16] | to open an FBI investigation | 对亚特兰大的 |
[05:19] | into Atlanta’s missing | 儿童失踪被杀案 |
[05:20] | and murdered children. | 展开联调局调查 |
[05:22] | Director Webster has assured me | 韦伯斯特局长已向我保证 |
[05:24] | that the bureau will coordinate with our own task force | 联调局会与我们的专案组协调 |
[05:27] | and make their abundant resources available to our city. | 并向我们城市提供他们充足的资源 |
[05:33] | We’ve already been to Atlanta once. | 我们已经去过亚特兰大一次了 |
[05:35] | We’ve done the background work. | 我们已做了背景调查 |
[05:37] | The vice president’s placing | 副总统将此事 |
[05:38] | the highest priority on this. | 列为头等大事 |
[05:40] | I don’t want us to look like | 我可不希望 |
[05:41] | we’re running a research project down there. | 让人觉得我们是去做研究项目了 |
[05:42] | Absolutely not. | 当然不会 |
[05:43] | We’re there to get convictions. | 我们是去定罪的 |
[05:45] | All right, Ted. I’ll call Wyman, | 好 泰德 我联系怀曼 |
[05:46] | tell him we’re sending the BSU | 就说我们要派行为科学部去 |
[05:48] | instead of that third canine unit he wants. | 而不是他想要的第三支警犬队 |
[05:51] | They better be house-trained. | 他们最好都调教好了 |
[05:52] | And on a short leash. You have my word. | 而且我会紧紧看住 我保证 |
[05:57] | That was… | 那是… |
[05:58] | Director Webster. | 韦伯斯特局长 |
[06:00] | The president doesn’t want | 总统不希望 |
[06:01] | child murder lingering over his first 100 days, | 儿童谋杀案笼罩着他的头百日上任 |
[06:03] | so he’s throwing George Bush at this. | 所以他让乔治・布什来处理此事 |
[06:07] | The director wants to be sure | 局长想要确保 |
[06:09] | the bureau comes out smelling good to this administration. | 联调局最终会让这届政府感到满意 |
[06:11] | And it came down to us or Lassie. | 这就看我们或狗的了 |
[06:14] | Essentially. | 差不多吧 |
[06:15] | Holden, I’d like you there as soon as possible. | 霍顿 你尽快过去 |
[06:17] | Bill, you can fly out Monday, | 比尔 你周一再去吧 |
[06:19] | right after the directors’ retreat. | 等局长度假结束了的 |
[06:21] | Webster’s going out on a limb. | 韦伯斯特可是担了风险 |
[06:23] | He needs to understand who we are, | 他需要了解我们的情况 |
[06:25] | have assurance in what we can do. | 对我们的工作安下心 |
[06:26] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[06:27] | We’re budgeted through the end, so pack accordingly. | 我们要跟进到底 所以看着打包行李 |
[06:30] | They’re following 17 cases. | 他们在跟进17件案子 |
[06:32] | That could be a while. | 那可能需要段时间 |
[06:34] | If Webster’s involved, he’s going for closure. | 如果韦伯斯特管这事 他肯定要结案 |
[06:38] | We want to be part of that. | 我们可得出上力 |
[06:40] | Go do what you do, but as we’ve learned, | 去做你们的工作 但我们已知道 |
[06:43] | our methods are not always gonna be received | 我们的办法不会总受到 |
[06:45] | with unbridled enthusiasm, so… | 热烈欢迎 所以… |
[06:47] | Play nice. | 客气点 |
[06:48] | Play smart. | 聪明点 |
[06:53] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[06:58] | We will be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[07:01] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[07:07] | How are we supposed to fulfill Gunn’s expansive vision | 如果甘恩总把你们派走 我们要怎么实现 |
[07:10] | if he keeps sending you away? | 他昂贵的设想 |
[07:11] | This time it comes from the very top. | 这次可是最高层的命令 |
[07:14] | Well, I can select support staff, | 我可以挑选助手 |
[07:15] | but I can’t recruit and train agents. | 但我不能招募训练探员 |
[07:18] | I need to be back in town every Friday | 我每周五得回来 |
[07:20] | for some things with Brian. | 是为布莱恩的事 |
[07:21] | I’ll spend the afternoon here, do what I can. | 我下午会待在这里 尽力帮忙 |
[07:25] | You and Gregg take Bateson. | 你和格雷格去约谈贝森 |
[07:26] | Keep the interviews going. | 继续进行这些约谈 |
[07:28] | You’re going to leave Holden alone three days a week? | 你真要一周三天留下霍顿一人 |
[07:31] | He’s down there on his own till Monday as it is. | 他本就要一人在那里待到周一了 |
[07:33] | Gunn wants me at the directors’ retreat. | 甘恩要我去参加局长度假 |
[07:35] | I mean, last time he managed to get you tossed out, | 上次你们在一起 他还害你们 |
[07:37] | and you were with him. | 被赶走了呢 |
[07:38] | I’ll call Jim Barney. | 我会联系吉姆・巴尼 |
[07:40] | Ask him to be Holden’s wingman till I get there. | 叫他在我到之前做霍顿的僚机 |
[07:43] | It’s three days. | 就三天 |
[07:45] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[07:56] | Nance? | 南茜 |
[07:57] | Back here! Jeez. | 在这里 天啊 |
[08:08] | Want some dinner? There’s spaghetti and one chicken leg. | 要吃饭吗 有意面和一只鸡腿 |
[08:13] | No, I’m bushed. | 不 我累坏了 |
[08:17] | How’s Bri? | 小布怎么样了 |
[08:18] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[08:21] | How was your day? | 你今天怎么样 |
[08:23] | Super. | 好极了 |
[08:26] | How super? | 怎么说 |
[08:28] | It was fine. Um, hand me that bag. | 挺好的 把那个包递给我 |
[08:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:52] | Is it that bad? | 那么糟吗 |
[08:53] | Three times this week. | 这周三次了 |
[08:55] | If he wets again tonight, I’m throwing them out. | 如果他今晚再尿 我就丢掉 |
[08:58] | I got cheapies. | 我买了便宜的 |
[08:59] | Jesus. Brian hasn’t wet the bed for… | 天啊 布莱恩上次尿床还是… |
[09:01] | Three years and five months. | 三年五个月前 |
[09:02] | Believe me, I remember. | 相信我 我记得 |
[09:06] | Today I found him playing with his baby toys. | 今天我看到他在玩婴儿时期的玩具 |
[09:08] | Three Men in a Tub. | 浴缸三人 |
[09:09] | It’s like he’s going backwards. | 就好像他在倒退 |
[09:11] | Just when he was getting some independence. | 他正开始独立起来了呢 |
[09:14] | Suddenly, I’m potty training again. | 突然间 我又要训练他上厕所了 |
[09:16] | Let’s talk to Dr. Moritz tomorrow. | 我们明天去跟莫里茨博士谈谈 |
[09:18] | – Maybe it’s part of the process. – Oh, I haven’t packed you yet. | -或许这是过程的一部分 -我还没给你打包行李 |
[09:21] | But your suit’s back from the cleaners. | 但你的西装干洗好了 |
[09:23] | It’s okay. I’ll pack. Don’t worry about it. | 没事 我来收拾 你别操心了 |
[09:26] | Oh, have you spoken to Gunn today? | 你今天跟甘恩谈过了吗 |
[09:31] | Bill, you need to take time off. | 比尔 你得休假 |
[09:34] | Brian needs you. I need help with him. | 布莱恩需要你 我需要你帮忙 |
[09:37] | Honey, I just found out today: | 亲爱的 我今天刚得知 |
[09:39] | after the retreat, I have to go to Atlanta. | 度假之后 我就得去亚特兰大 |
[09:41] | We’ve opened an investigation into the murders there. | 我们开始调查那里的谋杀案了 |
[09:44] | I don’t have a choice. | 我没得选 |
[09:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:57] | Look, I’m coming home every Thursday night | 我每周四晚会回来 |
[10:00] | for the Friday appointments. | 好赴周五的约 |
[10:02] | I’ll stay all weekend. | 我待一周末 |
[10:04] | – Every week. – I said okay. | -每周如此 -我说好了 |
[10:07] | You say there’s nothing you can do, so… | 你说你也没办法 所以 |
[10:10] | the decision’s been made. | 那就这么决定了 |
[10:57] | My biggest complaint is I can’t get to the Joffrey. | 我最大的不满是我不能去乔弗里酒吧 |
[10:59] | 纽约 里克斯岛 | |
[11:01] | But prison dried me out. | 但监狱让我戒了瘾 |
[11:03] | I was draining two bottles of vodka a day till I lost my job. | 我每天喝两瓶伏特加 喝到丢了工作 |
[11:06] | You were a radiology technician. | 你之前是放射科技术员 |
[11:09] | Until I was an usher in a porn theater. | 然后成了色情影院的引座员 |
[11:12] | Now I’m sober, work out every day. | 现在我戒瘾了 每天工作 |
[11:14] | And mostly they leave me unsupervised. | 他们一般都不管我 |
[11:17] | Actually, I’d appreciate a little more discipline. | 我其实还希望有更多的管教呢 |
[11:24] | How did you meet Addison Verrill? | 你怎么认识阿迪森・维瑞尔的 |
[11:28] | Sitting at the bar at The Anvil. | 坐在铁砧酒吧的吧台 |
[11:30] | We were doing poppers. | 我们一起嗑药 |
[11:31] | Started talking porn. | 开始谈色情片 |
[11:33] | He knew them all. Appreciated the good ones. | 他什么都看过 很喜欢好的那些 |
[11:36] | Good ones? | 好的那些 |
[11:37] | Anybody can roll a camera on a piece of muscle | 谁都会对着两个人的活塞运动 |
[11:40] | plowing some bottom raw. | 拍摄 |
[11:42] | I can catch that live at The Tunnel. | 我在隧道酒吧还能看到直播呢 |
[11:44] | But there’s an art to letting things happen | 但让一切以合适的节奏发生 |
[11:46] | in the right rhythm. | 是一种艺术 |
[11:48] | Finding that bond in violence. | 找到那暴力的情感纽带 |
[11:51] | You watch any porn? | 你看色情片吗 |
[11:55] | Bonding in violence. | 暴力的情感纽带 |
[11:58] | Is that how you prefer to relate to people? | 你更喜欢这样跟人产生情感共鸣吗 |
[12:00] | On a deeper level, probably. | 在比较深的层次上 或许吧 |
[12:04] | – Love is violence. Sex is violence. – Is it? | -爱是暴力的 性是暴力的 -是吗 |
[12:07] | Every interaction is violence, it’s just a matter of scale. | 所有交互都是暴力的 只是尺度不同 |
[12:10] | How much of something do we want to feel? | 我们想感受到多少 |
[12:12] | Does it feel good when your lover takes your hand | 当你的情人突然抓住你的手时 |
[12:15] | and you didn’t expect it? | 感觉好吗 |
[12:17] | Does it feel better when he grabs your nipples? | 他抓住你的乳头时感觉更美妙吗 |
[12:20] | Twists them? | 或是扭动它时 |
[12:22] | What did Addison think about violence? | 阿迪森怎么看待暴力的 |
[12:25] | Full into it. | 很喜欢 |
[12:27] | The films he liked, the things he said. I could tell. | 从他喜欢的片子 说的话 我能看出来 |
[12:29] | Is that why you picked him? | 所以你才选了他吗 |
[12:30] | – No, we pick each other, don’t we? – But he was your type. | -不 我们彼此选择 -但他是你的型 |
[12:34] | No, not really. | 不 并不是 |
[12:35] | Usually, I don’t like swishes. | 我一般不喜欢娘炮 |
[12:37] | They give us all a bad name. | 他们给我们招来了坏名声 |
[12:40] | Addison was holding court at the bar. | 阿迪森在酒吧里招蜂引蝶 |
[12:43] | He could’ve left with anyone, but he stuck with me. | 他可以跟任何人走 但他选了我 |
[12:47] | That was nice. | 那很好 |
[12:49] | When you went back to his apartment, | 你跟他回他公寓时 |
[12:51] | had you already decided to kill him? | 就已经决定要杀他了吗 |
[12:55] | No. | 不 |
[12:56] | We smoked some weed. Drank some of his Scotch. | 我们抽了大麻 喝了点他的威士忌 |
[12:58] | Had lots of sex. | 疯狂做爱 |
[13:01] | He liked it rough. That’s how they knew it was me. | 他喜欢粗暴 他们就是这样确认了我 |
[13:04] | When I called that reporter, | 我打给那记者时 |
[13:07] | I told him the couch and rug were covered in Crisco. | 我说出了沙发和地毯上全是植物油 |
[13:11] | Police hadn’t figured out what it was. | 警方当时还不知道那是什么呢 |
[13:14] | What happened after? | 之后呢 |
[13:18] | I hadn’t come down yet. | 我还嗨着 |
[13:20] | He asked me if I wanted a joint. | 他问我想不想要个大麻烟卷 |
[13:23] | I hit him with a skillet, and then I stabbed him. | 我拿煎锅打了他 然后捅死了他 |
[13:27] | Was that the natural conclusion of an arousal experience for you? | 那对你是性奋体验的自然结果吗 |
[13:33] | The “rough” sex that you had, | 你们”粗暴”的性爱 |
[13:36] | did it build in intensity? | 是越来越强烈的吗 |
[13:37] | – Was… – Sure. | -是… -是啊 |
[13:39] | You always wanna have somewhere to go. | 你总想有个宣泄口 |
[13:42] | Pain is the release. | 痛苦是种释放 |
[13:43] | The fear… that’s what you want to play with. | 恐惧…是关键 |
[13:47] | So, was killing Addison an extension of the sexual violence? | 杀阿迪森是性暴力的延伸吗 |
[13:50] | No, we were done. | 不 我们当时都结束了 |
[13:52] | Wore ourselves out. | 累坏了 |
[13:55] | You can only go for so long. | 你只能坚持一段时间 |
[13:57] | Then why did you kill him? | 那你为什么杀了他 |
[14:06] | It… It wasn’t a… | 那不是… |
[14:09] | soul act for him. | 他的真心行为 |
[14:14] | I was looking for real connection. | 我想要真正的共鸣 |
[14:15] | Was The Anvil | 你曾在铁砧酒吧 |
[14:17] | a place that you had found a real connection before? | 找到过真正的共鸣吗 |
[14:20] | No. | 没有 |
[14:21] | But there’s always that moment… | 但总有那么一刻 |
[14:24] | where something might turn into the real thing. | 有些东西可以变成真正的共鸣 |
[14:28] | It just didn’t. | 但就是没有 |
[14:32] | That’s what we’re all looking for. | 我们都想要那个 |
[14:35] | Connection. | 共鸣 |
[14:36] | When you went out, were you a dominant or a submissive? | 你出去时 是主 还是奴 |
[14:39] | – Those days, I was a total top. – Those days? | -在当时 我完全是主 -当时 |
[14:41] | I started off as a bottom. | 我起初是奴 |
[14:43] | Most do. That’s… how you learn what to do. | 大部分人都如此 你这样才会知道该做什么 |
[14:45] | What a bottom wants to feel. | 奴想感受什么 |
[14:47] | How far you can go. | 你能做到什么程度 |
[14:48] | So you were practiced at | 所以你很老练 |
[14:49] | finding that moment when things could turn… | 知道情况会发生变化的那一刻是什么时候 |
[14:53] | into nothing or into connection, | 可能变成什么都没有 或是共鸣 |
[14:56] | or perhaps into deeper violence. | 或是变成更深度的暴力 |
[15:02] | The Bag Murders, | 袋子杀人狂案 |
[15:03] | six leathermen dumped in the Hudson in garbage bags. | 六个皮衣人被塞进垃圾袋丢进哈德逊河 |
[15:07] | Do you think that the person who killed those men | 你觉得杀那些人的人 |
[15:10] | could’ve been experimenting? | 会是在实验吗 |
[15:12] | Seeing how it felt to go too far? | 想知道过界的感觉 |
[15:15] | They keep trying to get me for those. | 他们总想把那案子安在我身上 |
[15:19] | Gay guy into leather. | 喜欢皮衣的同性恋 |
[15:21] | – So imaginative. – It’s more than that. | -真有想象力 -不止如此 |
[15:24] | You also worked in a hospital. You had some training in anatomy, | 你还在医院工作 有解剖学知识 |
[15:28] | access to medical instruments. | 能拿到医疗器械 |
[15:29] | I wasn’t squeamish if that’s what you’re asking. | 我不怕恶心 如果你是这意思 |
[15:31] | – But I wasn’t a surgeon. – You did confess to a friend. | -但我也不是外科医生 -你向一位朋友承认过 |
[15:34] | You… actually told him, verbatim, | 你…对他说的原话是 |
[15:38] | “I like to kill.” | “我喜欢杀人” |
[15:41] | Ugh. God… | 天啊 |
[15:41] | We were all so fucked up at the time. | 我们当时都嗑嗨了 |
[15:46] | The cops actually said if I confess, | 警察还说 如果我承认 |
[15:48] | I would do less time on a plea deal. | 我能靠认罪协议少蹲几年 |
[15:50] | – Less time? – Crazy, right? | -少几年 -疯狂吧 |
[15:52] | They just want to say they closed the books. | 他们只想说他们结案了 |
[15:54] | Keep the queens happy. | 好让异装癖高兴 |
[15:55] | But I got news: | 但知道吗 |
[15:56] | the queens want this to be some uptight straight guy. | 异装癖希望凶手是个直男癌 |
[16:00] | Why would they care who it is? | 他们为什么会在乎凶手是谁 |
[16:01] | Perceptions matter when you’re an “aberration,” Anita. | 当你被视为”异类”时 看法就很重要 小妞 |
[16:08] | We can’t be seen as eating our own. | 我们不能被视为自相残杀 |
[16:11] | Do you think it was an angry straight guy? | 你觉得是个愤怒的直男吗 |
[16:15] | Leathermen can smell a straight guy a mile away. | 皮衣男能远远就分辨出直男 |
[16:18] | No one would go anywhere with him. | 绝不会有人跟他走的 |
[16:19] | Clubbers are looking for guys who know what they’re doing. | 泡吧的都想要清楚门路的人 |
[16:21] | So the killer would be experienced. | 所以凶手肯定是有经验的 |
[16:23] | He’d be cruising for the guy… | 他肯定在找… |
[16:25] | that wants exactly what he wants to give. | 想要他想给的东西的人 |
[16:29] | He’s watched a thousand guys, gone home with hundreds. | 他看过上千个男人 跟上百个回过家 |
[16:32] | Feeling for the right pulse, the right quickening of breath. | 去感受那合适的脉搏 合适的呼吸加快 |
[16:37] | He’s looking for the guy that just wants it. | 他在找想要的人 |
[16:40] | Nobody wants to die. | 没人想死 |
[16:42] | No, but some want to feel what it’s like to almost die. | 不 但有人想感受濒死的感觉 |
[16:47] | They let you go just a bit further. | 他们会让你稍稍过头点 |
[16:51] | Might even beg you. | 甚至还求你 |
[16:53] | And that would excite him? | 那会让他兴奋 |
[16:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:56] | So he would know the victims, | 所以他会认识死者 |
[16:57] | may have been with them intimately before. | 甚至可能还跟他们有过亲密接触 |
[16:59] | Why waste time on an unknown? | 何必把时间浪费在未知者身上 |
[17:02] | And then what would he do? | 然后他会做什么 |
[17:06] | And then… | 然后… |
[17:09] | he works ’em. | 上他们 |
[17:12] | Hard. | 狠狠地上 |
[17:14] | Until there’s a connection. | 直到产生共鸣 |
[17:16] | What sort of connection? | 什么样的共鸣 |
[17:22] | Well, that’s the mystery. | 那是个谜 |
[17:25] | It’s trust with fear. | 是对恐惧的信任 |
[17:27] | Complete vulnerability. | 完全无助 |
[17:29] | He lets the master take him just across that line. | 他让主带他越过界线 |
[17:32] | How? | 怎么做 |
[17:36] | How would he kill him? | 他怎么杀人吗 |
[17:37] | How long would he take? What would he use? | 他要多久吗 他会用什么 |
[17:39] | What marks would he leave? | 会留下什么伤痕吗 |
[17:44] | Everyone in the scene’s into their own thing. | 每个做这个的都有自己的怪癖 |
[17:46] | You’d have to ask him. | 你得去问他了 |
[17:48] | Alan. | 阿伦 |
[17:49] | – Yeah. – I’m ready. | -嗯 -我好了 |
[17:51] | All right. Let’s move him out. | 好 我们带他走 |
[17:58] | Only your killer would know that. | 只有凶手知道 |
[18:11] | 佐治亚州 亚特兰大 | |
[18:35] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:58] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[19:00] | Jim! | 吉姆 |
[19:01] | This has grown. | 规模变大了 |
[19:03] | Looks like they’ve narrowed it down to half the city. | 看来他们把范围缩小到了半个城市 |
[19:04] | They’re all over the map on this. Smells like desperation. | 他们到处撒网 感觉很心急 |
[19:07] | We got a real lead last night. You should hear it. | 我们昨晚得到了真正的线索 你该听听 |
[19:11] | A whole generation of Negro wiped out | 每个死去的孩子 |
[19:13] | with each one of these dead kids. | 都抹去了一整代的黑人 |
[19:15] | You’ll find the last one in the woods by Sigman Road. | 最后一个在西格曼路边的林子里 |
[19:18] | And you can count on another one every month from now on. | 今后每个月都会有一个 |
[19:20] | Sir, can you give me the exact location of… | 先生 请告诉我具体地点… |
[19:23] | Sir? Sir? | 先生 |
[19:31] | I can’t say. | 我说不出 |
[19:33] | They all sound the same to me. | 他们听着都一样 |
[19:35] | Just meanness. | 很恶毒 |
[19:36] | Sorry to make you listen to that. | 抱歉还要你听这个 |
[19:38] | Thank you, Beverly. | 谢谢 贝芙莉 |
[19:44] | Y’all still looking for my Earl? | 你们还在找我的厄尔吗 |
[19:47] | He’d be 11 now. Might be taller. | 他现在11岁了 可能长高了 |
[19:49] | Yes ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[19:50] | You can be sure we’re lookin’. | 我们绝对在找的 |
[20:00] | Call came in last night. | 昨晚来的电话 |
[20:02] | Staked out a three-mile stretch of Sigman Road overnight… | 整夜在西格曼路监视了三英里范围 |
[20:05] | Nothin’. | 毫无发现 |
[20:07] | First light, put in search teams on the ground and in the air. | 天一亮 就展开了地面和空中搜索 |
[20:10] | We have agents questioning known Klan members in the area. | 我们派了探员去询问本地已知的三K党成员 |
[20:13] | We’ll find the body, but, uh, Jim here says | 我们能找到尸体 但吉姆说 |
[20:15] | you might be able to help us find the caller. | 你或许能帮我们找到来电者 |
[20:17] | – You won’t find a body. – Oh, I’ll find it. | -你找不到尸体的 -我会找到的 |
[20:19] | Got 250 searchers working grids, canine units. | 250人地毯式搜索 还有警犬 |
[20:22] | There is no body. He’s not your man. | 没有尸体 这人不是凶手 |
[20:25] | – Excuse me? – It might be the same caller as the Terrell case, | -什么 -这可能是泰瑞尔案的那个来电者 |
[20:28] | but he’s not your killer. It’s a hoax. | 但他不是凶手 这是恶作剧 |
[20:32] | You can tell me that by listening to a tape once? | 你光听录音带一遍就能判断出来 |
[20:34] | Same tape we’ve been listening to since midnight? | 这盘带我们从午夜就开始听了 |
[20:37] | Think about it. | 想想吧 |
[20:38] | The entire purpose of organizations like the Klan | 三K党这样的组织的目的 |
[20:40] | is to sow terror. | 就是播种恐惧 |
[20:41] | Why would they wait until number 18 to claim responsibility? | 他们干吗要等到18号孩子再出来担责 |
[20:44] | Young man, I’ve been dealing with the Klan my whole life. | 年轻人 我应对三K党一辈子了 |
[20:47] | Sometimes their only purpose is to kill whatever black person | 有时 他们唯一的目的就是杀掉 |
[20:50] | they can get their hands on. | 他们能抓到的黑人 |
[20:52] | I have no good reason to doubt this | 我不能因为这不符合你的预期 |
[20:53] | just because it’s not what you want to hear. | 就怀疑这内容 |
[20:55] | But then why call the police, not the press? | 但为什么打给警察 而不是媒体 |
[20:58] | We’ve learned from Berkowitz, the Zodiac… | 我们从伯科威茨 十二宫那里了解到 |
[21:00] | they want a story. | 他们想要故事 |
[21:01] | Lasting mythology. | 长久的神话 |
[21:03] | To find that, they go straight to the press. | 要获得那个 他们会直接去找媒体 |
[21:05] | It makes the police look like they’re the last to know. | 这样显得警察是最后知道的 |
[21:10] | That sounds like a grand theory, Agent Ford. | 这理论听上去挺厉害 福特探员 |
[21:12] | Like you put a lot of thought into it | 感觉是我们站在这里的两分钟里 |
[21:13] | in the two minutes we’ve been standing here. | 你花时间好好去想出来的 |
[21:15] | But I’m operating on the actual fact that five days ago… | 但我的行动依据是五天前 |
[21:20] | Lubie Geter, number 18, | 卢比・吉特 18号 |
[21:22] | was dropped off at a mall parking lot to sell car deodorizers. | 被送到了一个商场停车场 去卖车内清新剂 |
[21:25] | He never came home. | 但再没回家 |
[21:27] | His mama calls me twice a day. | 他妈妈每天给我打两通电话 |
[21:31] | Besides him, I got four other boys still missing… | 除了他 还有四个男孩下落不明 |
[21:34] | numbers six, eight, twelve, and fourteen, | 6号 8号 12号和14号 |
[21:37] | in case you don’t wanna remember names. | 如果你不想去记名字的话 |
[21:39] | And this call is the only lead we got. | 这通电话是我们唯一的线索 |
[21:42] | Are you coming? | 你来吗 |
[21:58] | Brian… | 布莱恩 |
[22:00] | can you tell me why you took the boys to the house? | 能告诉我你为什么带那些男孩去房子那里吗 |
[22:10] | Was it because the baby was crying? | 是因为那幼童在哭吗 |
[22:13] | Did you think you could make him feel better in the house? | 你是觉得在房子里 你能安抚他吗 |
[22:20] | It’s okay, Bri. | 没事的 小布 |
[22:21] | You can talk to the doc… | 你可以跟医生说… |
[22:30] | Do you remember the boys holding the baby? | 你记得那些男孩摁着那幼童吗 |
[22:37] | Did you think they were trying to help him? | 你是以为他们是想帮他吗 |
[22:41] | To make him stop crying? | 让他停止哭泣 |
[22:54] | It’s best for them to know no one will answer for them. | 最好让他们知道没人会替他们回答 |
[22:57] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[22:58] | Is it necessary to make him remember everything? | 非要逼他记起一切吗 |
[23:02] | Well, it may be uncomfortable for us, | 虽然这让我们不舒服 |
[23:04] | but it allows him to relate to his feelings | 但这让他可以在可接受环境里 |
[23:06] | in an accepting environment. | 去感受自己的感觉 |
[23:11] | His teacher says Brian isn’t participating in class | 他的老师说布莱恩在课堂上不参与 |
[23:14] | and has no interaction with his peers. | 也不跟同龄人互动 |
[23:16] | You spoke with Brian’s teacher? | 你跟布莱恩的老师谈过 |
[23:18] | Miss Leland did a class visit. | 利兰女士去学校看了课 |
[23:20] | – What she observed… – Excuse me. | -她观察到… -不好意思 |
[23:22] | She was in his class? | 她去看他上课了吗 |
[23:24] | Caseworkers have no obligation to inform you of school visits. | 社工并无义务通知你她要校访 |
[23:36] | Have you noticed changes in his behavior? | 你们注意到他的行为有什么变化了吗 |
[23:41] | Brian has started wetting his bed again… | 布莱恩又开始尿床了 |
[23:43] | on occasion. | 偶尔的 |
[23:44] | Almost every other night. | 几乎每隔一晚一次 |
[23:46] | Even one event tells us a lot about a patient’s progress. | 哪怕一件事都能很大地表明病人的进展 |
[23:49] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[23:50] | What does it tell us? | 这表明了什么 |
[23:52] | – Well, secondary enuresis is most… – Secondary what? | -继发性失禁主要… -什么 |
[23:55] | Uh, enuresis. Uh… | 失禁 |
[23:57] | Bed-wetting subsequent to successful toilet training. | 如厕训练成功后 再次发生尿床 |
[24:00] | The most common cause is psychological trauma. | 最常见的原因就是心理创伤 |
[24:03] | He’s sleeping with his baby toys, | 他抱着婴儿时的玩具睡觉 |
[24:06] | things he hasn’t touched in years. | 他都好多年没碰过那些了 |
[24:08] | Emotional regression can also | 情感退化也可能 |
[24:09] | be a marker for processing extreme distress. | 标志了心里在消化极度不安的情绪 |
[24:13] | – Is there anything else? – He’s been sucking his thumb. | -还有别的吗 -他吮拇指 |
[24:21] | I’m prescribing a low dose of desmopressin for the bed-wetting. | 我要开低剂量的去氨加压素来治疗尿床 |
[24:24] | You want him to take a pill? | 你要他服药 |
[24:25] | It’s important he doesn’t develop behaviors | 一定要确保他不会发展出 |
[24:27] | that place him in a regressed emotional state. | 让他进入情绪退化状态的行为 |
[24:33] | And you need to set limits. | 你得定下界限 |
[24:34] | If he wets the bed, | 如果他尿床 |
[24:35] | make him responsible for washing the sheets. | 就让他来洗床单 |
[24:37] | Isn’t he gonna think we’re punishing him? | 他会以为我们在惩罚他吗 |
[24:39] | Well, you’re helping him to deal with what he experienced | 你在帮助他面对他的经历 |
[24:41] | instead of displacing it. | 而不是置身事外 |
[24:42] | Brian never mentions it. | 布莱恩从没提过 |
[24:45] | The other day we drove by the house where it happened. | 那天我们开车经过事发的房子 |
[24:47] | He watched it go by, and he blurted out, “I want pancakes.” | 他就看着我们经过 然后说”我想吃薄煎饼” |
[24:51] | Is trauma really what’s causing him to wet the bed? | 导致他尿床的真的是创伤吗 |
[24:54] | Isn’t it possible that making him | 会不会是逼他 |
[24:55] | come to a doctor’s office once a week, | 每周来看一次医生 |
[24:58] | having some woman show up at his school and stare at him, | 有个女人去他的学校盯着他看 |
[25:01] | – giving him pills… – Nance. | -让他服药… -南茜 |
[25:02] | Isn’t it possible that those things are making him regress? | 会不会是这些事才让他退化 |
[25:06] | He’s reminded every day that he’s not normal. | 他每天都被提醒 他不正常 |
[25:09] | If he was at home, doing the things he used to do… | 如果他在家里 做他习惯的那些事 |
[25:13] | Kids get over stuff. They forget. | 孩子会忘记这些事的 |
[25:16] | Mrs. Tench, | 坦奇太太 |
[25:18] | children do not simply forget trauma. | 孩子并不会忘记创伤 |
[25:22] | No one simply forgets. | 没人会就那么忘记 |
[25:27] | 弗吉尼亚州 斯通里奇度假村 | |
[25:45] | Let me get that for you, sir. | 我帮你拿吧 先生 |
[25:48] | – Hey, thanks. – A pleasure, sir. | -谢谢 -不客气 先生 |
[26:01] | – I’m with the bureau retreat. – Yes, sir. | -我是来参加联调局度假的 -是 先生 |
[26:03] | Bill. You’re just getting here? | 比尔 你刚到吗 |
[26:07] | Cutting it close. | 挺赶啊 |
[26:08] | I wanted to clear off my desk before leaving town, sir. | 我出城前想把办公桌清理好 长官 |
[26:11] | The judge’s plane took off late, so you get a little reprieve. | 法官的飞机起飞晚点 你能缓口气 |
[26:14] | The judge? | 法官 |
[26:15] | Director Webster was a judge before his appointment. | 韦伯斯特局长被任命前是法官 |
[26:18] | He prefers his judicial title, | 他更喜欢他的司法头衔 |
[26:19] | which, in rules of protocol, takes precedence. | 按照规章 这也是优先的头衔 |
[26:22] | He is a man who appreciates pecking order. | 他是个尊重社会等级的人 |
[26:24] | Good to know. | 知道了 |
[26:26] | The judge’s advance. Gentlemen, how long? | 法官的先遣队 先生们 还有多久 |
[26:29] | Pulling in now, sir. | 正在停车 长官 |
[26:30] | – There you are. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[26:32] | It’s good to be king. | 当国王真好 |
[26:33] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[26:35] | The schedule has you in for an hour, but keep it to 40 minutes. | 根据日程安排你有一小时 但控制在40分钟 |
[26:38] | And… maybe lose the jacket and tie. | 或许脱了外套和领带 |
[26:41] | These retreat symposia are 90 percent retreat, | 这种度假座谈会 90%是度假 |
[26:43] | ten percent symposia. | 10%才是座谈会 |
[26:45] | I’ll buy you a little time. | 我给你争取点时间 |
[26:46] | – Judge. – Ted, great to see you. | -法官 -泰德 见到你太好了 |
[26:50] | – You already got a round in. – And Wyman owes us all a drink. | -你已经打一轮了 -怀曼欠我们一杯酒了 |
[26:53] | – We’ll cut you in. – Mm, okay, then. Gentlemen. | -我们现在带上你 -好 先生们 |
[27:04] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[27:09] | Brian, your sandwich is ready. | 布莱恩 你的三明治好了 |
[27:29] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[27:40] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[27:49] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[27:57] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[28:04] | Adele! | 阿黛尔 |
[28:06] | Have you seen Brian? | 你看见布莱恩了吗 |
[28:17] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[28:20] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[28:25] | Did you hear me calling you? | 你听到我喊你了吗 |
[28:37] | Go on, honey. | 去啊 亲爱的 |
[28:39] | Go on. | 去啊 |
[28:40] | You can go play with her. | 你可以去跟她玩的 |
[28:44] | Come on, Paige. | 走吧 佩姬 |
[28:46] | It’s time to go. | 该走了 |
[28:49] | Come on, honey. Grandma’s waiting for us. | 走吧 亲爱的 外婆还等着我们呢 |
[29:00] | Brian, we don’t stare. Remember? | 布莱恩 我们不能盯着别人 记得吗 |
[29:03] | It’s impolite. | 那不礼貌 |
[29:05] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[29:08] | I need you to come home… | 我需要你回家 |
[29:11] | so we can… | 我们好… |
[29:21] | 佐治亚州 洛克戴尔 | |
[29:40] | Delta Sector, report. | D区 汇报 |
[29:42] | Chief Redding, I feel like we… | 莱丁局长 我觉得我们… |
[29:44] | Delta Sector report negative. | D区没有发现 |
[29:46] | F Sector report negative. | F区没有发现 |
[29:48] | Sir, chopper needs to refuel. | 长官 直升机得加油了 |
[29:50] | He suggests suspending for the night. | 他提议今晚到此为止 |
[29:56] | All sectors, all sectors, suspend. | 各区域 暂停行动 |
[29:57] | – Y’all start coming on in. – Copy that. | -都回来吧 -收到 |
[30:01] | – No body. – Come on, bring it in, guys! | -没尸体 -回来吧 |
[30:02] | – That what you wanted to hear? – Let’s go! | -这是你想听到的吗 -走吧 |
[30:04] | No, sir. It’s not. | 不是 |
[30:06] | It’s bad if you don’t find one. | 找不到不好 |
[30:08] | Worse if you do. | 找到了更不好 |
[30:10] | I wanted to say, I feel like we started off wrong. | 我想说 我觉得我们起初有点误会 |
[30:11] | – You could say that. – I only meant we don’t wanna waste our… | -算是吧 -我只是说我们不想浪费我们的… |
[30:16] | Your resources on every tip. | 你的资源追查每条线报 |
[30:18] | Over the past year, I’ve pulled children’s bodies | 这一年里 我找到了好多孩子的尸体 |
[30:20] | out of creek beds, woods, vacant buildings. | 在河床里 林子里 空楼里 |
[30:23] | Chief, we’ll be opening the road here | 局长 大家开始撤的话 |
[30:25] | – as things clear out. – Roger. | -我们要开路了 -收到 |
[30:27] | We have thousands of acres of untended property. | 我们有上千英亩的闲置地皮 |
[30:30] | When we get any lead that narrows it to one road, | 如果我们有线索把范围缩小到一条路 |
[30:32] | I have no choice but to take it. | 我必须去追查 |
[30:34] | We’ve learned things about how these types of killers think. | 我们了解到了这样的杀人犯怎么想 |
[30:37] | We can anticipate them, | 我们可以估计他们的行为 |
[30:38] | focus on their next move instead of just reacting. | 研究他们的下一步 而不只是去响应 |
[30:40] | We have a meeting Monday morning with all the jurisdictions. | 我们周一有跟各部门的会议 |
[30:43] | You have a way to narrow things down, happy to hear it. | 如果你有办法缩小范围 我很想听听 |
[30:46] | Now I have to go brief the mayor. | 我现在得去向市长作报告了 |
[30:48] | Shit. | 该死 |
[30:50] | Stay back! | 退后 |
[30:52] | Chief Redding! Chief Redding, has there been another body found? | 莱丁局长 是否找到了尸体 |
[30:55] | Did the FBI initiate this search? | 是联调局发起的搜索吗 |
[30:56] | We heard about a phone call. | 我们听说了有通电话 |
[30:57] | Did you find a body? | 你们发现尸体了吗 |
[30:59] | I have no statement at this time. | 我此刻不发表任何声明 |
[31:02] | Was there a body found? | 发现尸体了吗 |
[31:03] | Did the FBI call for this search? | 是联调局发起了搜索吗 |
[31:05] | Will the FBI work with APD, | 联调局会跟亚特兰大警局合作 |
[31:06] | or are you running your own investigation? | 还是你们在单独调查 |
[31:08] | Any leads? Any suspects? | 有线索吗 嫌疑人呢 |
[31:11] | Any more leads? | 还有什么线索吗 |
[31:16] | It’s a local case, Ted. It’s gotten national attention. | 这是地方案件 泰德 获得了全国关注 |
[31:19] | The bureau responding to this is like a tail wagging the dog. | 联调局的响应就像尾巴摇狗 |
[31:23] | Agent Tench, | 坦奇探员 |
[31:25] | you’re going down there. What can your unit bring to this case? | 你要过去的 你们小组能为案件贡献什么 |
[31:29] | Well, sir, we’ll be looking for connections. | 长官 我们会调查其中的联系 |
[31:32] | We think some of these cases may be linked. | 我们认为有些案件可能是互相关联的 |
[31:34] | Sir, the work these guys are doing is groundbreaking. | 长官 他们的工作是很有突破性的 |
[31:36] | They’ve interviewed Manson. | 他们还约谈了曼森 |
[31:37] | Manson’s crazier than a shithouse rat. | 曼森是个彻头彻尾的疯子 |
[31:41] | Can we really learn from someone like him, Agent? | 我们真能从他这样的人那里学到什么吗 探员 |
[31:43] | We’ve also interviewed more cogent subjects. | 我们还约谈过思路更清晰的对象 |
[31:46] | Such as? | 比如呢 |
[31:47] | Ed Kemper. | 艾德・坎伯 |
[31:48] | The Co-ed Killer. | 女学生杀手 |
[31:49] | – Beheaded ten college girls. – Well, six actually. | -砍了十个女大学生的头 -其实是六个 |
[31:52] | But he did kill ten people. | 但他是杀了十个人 |
[31:53] | What was he like? | 他什么样 |
[31:55] | To talk to? | 跟他谈是什么感觉 |
[31:57] | Well, he’s 6’9″. | 他有两米高 |
[32:00] | So he could be a little intimidating | 所以坐在他对面 没有守卫 |
[32:01] | to sit across from with no guard, | 没有配枪 没有手铐 |
[32:03] | no sidearm, no cuffs. | 是有点让人紧张 |
[32:05] | But you have to develop a level of trust. | 但你得跟他们建立一定的信任 |
[32:08] | One day, we brought a pizza in and had lunch with him. | 有天我们拿了披萨去 跟他一起吃午饭 |
[32:10] | We’re dividing slices while he’s telling us | 我们分着披萨 他则说着 |
[32:12] | how hard it is to sever a head. | 切开一个人的头多困难 |
[32:16] | And this guy has hands like catcher’s mitts, | 这人的手像接球手的手套 |
[32:19] | and he’s sitting three feet away. | 他就坐在三尺之外 |
[32:21] | How did he do it? | 他怎么做的 |
[32:23] | How did he kill ’em? | 他怎么杀人的 |
[32:24] | He picked up hitchhikers, | 他搭载搭车客 |
[32:26] | drove them to a wooded area, | 开车带他们去林地 |
[32:28] | and then stabbed and strangled them. | 然后捅死 勒死他们 |
[32:30] | Then he raped ’em and cut off their heads. | 然后再强奸他们 砍掉他们的头 |
[32:33] | And then he raped the heads. | 然后再强奸他们的头 |
[32:36] | Why decapitation? | 为什么要砍头 |
[32:38] | He collected them… | 他收集这些脑袋 |
[32:40] | as trophies. | 作为战利品 |
[32:42] | Kemper was the first to make us see | 坎伯是第一个让我们明白 |
[32:44] | these killers develop a sickening personal signature. | 这些杀人犯会发展出一种令人恶心的个人特征 |
[32:48] | And we’re learning | 我们还了解到 |
[32:49] | these offenders start having fantasies very young. | 这些罪犯很年轻时就开始有幻想 |
[32:52] | They practice: dolls, animals. That escalates. | 他们会练习 娃娃 动物 逐渐升级 |
[32:55] | I dealt with my share of criminals from the bench. | 我做法官时面对过很多罪犯 |
[32:58] | Most of them were bad from the start, even as kids: | 大部分人从一开始就是坏种 甚至在孩提时代 |
[33:01] | runaways, loners. | 离家出走的 独来独往的 |
[33:02] | They never fit in. | 从来都无法融入 |
[33:04] | I always said when I had a juvenile I knew was bad, | 我一直说 当我遇到一看就是坏种的小青年 |
[33:06] | I wish I could put him away for life. | 我就希望我能关他一辈子 |
[33:09] | You could just see it | 你能看出来 |
[33:10] | in their eyes. | 从他们眼睛里 |
[33:13] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[33:15] | they keep a well-stocked humidor behind the bar | 吧台后面有存货充足的雪茄盒 |
[33:18] | that I turned a blind eye to. | 我就假装没看见 |
[33:20] | Shall we? | 我们去吧 |
[33:39] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | -喂 -是我 |
[33:43] | It’s late. What time is it? | 很晚了 几点了 |
[33:44] | It’s almost 10:00. | 快10点了 |
[33:45] | I just called to check in on you. How’s Brian? | 我就打来问问你情况 布莱恩怎么样了 |
[33:49] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[33:51] | Now. | 现在挺好的 |
[33:52] | What do you mean, “Now”? | 什么意思 |
[33:55] | He got out. I… I couldn’t find him. | 他之前出去了 我找不到他 |
[33:57] | Got out? | 出去了 |
[34:00] | I went door to door. | 我挨家挨户找 |
[34:03] | Finally found him in the park. | 最后在公园发现了他 |
[34:06] | He was staring at this child. Just… | 他就盯着一个孩子 |
[34:10] | staring. | 就那么盯着 |
[34:15] | But he scared me. | 但他吓到了我 |
[34:17] | What do you want me to do, Nance? | 你要我怎么办 南茜 |
[34:19] | Nothing. | 不怎么办 |
[34:21] | Everything’s done. | 都过去了 |
[34:23] | I just… wanted to tell you. | 我就是想告诉你 |
[34:25] | Honey, I don’t know what to say. | 亲爱的 我不知道该说什么 |
[34:28] | How about, “I’m gonna take time off to help”? | 不如 “我会请假来帮忙” |
[34:32] | You know I can’t do that right now. | 你知道我现在不能请假 |
[34:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:36] | You have to work. | 你得工作 |
[34:37] | I just… | 我… |
[34:39] | honestly don’t know if I can do this alone, Bill. | 真的不知道我一个人能不能应付得来 比尔 |
[34:42] | You’re not alone. | 你不是一个人 |
[34:45] | I have to go to sleep. | 我得睡了 |
[34:59] | Hey, sit down. | 坐下 |
[35:01] | – Whiskey, please. – Sure thing. | -威士忌 谢谢 -好的 |
[35:03] | I still want to hear about Manson. | 我还想听听曼森 |
[35:06] | Make it a double. | 来双份的 |
[35:11] | “Do you find yourself getting so lost in your own thoughts | 你是否会完全沉浸于自己的思绪 |
[35:14] | that you ignore and forget your surroundings? | 而无视或忘记周围环境 |
[35:18] | All the time. | 经常 |
[35:19] | Some of the time. | 有时 |
[35:20] | Occasionally. | 偶尔 |
[35:21] | Never.” | 从不 |
[35:24] | Wen. | 温 |
[35:25] | Should I answer for you? I think I have a good shot at this one. | 要我替你回答吗 这个我应该能答对 |
[35:30] | – Where’d you get that? – Found it on a bus. | -哪来的 -大巴上发现的 |
[35:33] | Come on, it’ll be fun. | 来嘛 会好玩的 |
[35:34] | I’m gonna mark that one as… | 这个我就选 |
[35:37] | “Some of the time.” | 有时 |
[35:40] | Uh… “Is it difficult to get you excited?” | 让你兴奋起来是否困难 |
[35:42] | Oh, you should probably answer that one. | 这个该你来回答 |
[35:44] | Come on, you have to take this seriously, | 拜托 你要认真对待 |
[35:45] | or the results won’t be accurate. | 否则结果就不准了 |
[35:46] | I find it kind of difficult | 我实在很难 |
[35:47] | to take a Myers-Briggs test seriously, | 严肃对待迈尔斯-布里格斯测试 |
[35:49] | especially one that has a panty liner ad on the back of it. | 尤其后面还有护垫广告 |
[35:53] | I should just focus on this. | 我还是专心看这个吧 |
[35:54] | Come on. There’s only a couple left. | 行了 只剩几个了 |
[35:55] | “Do you find yourself initiating conversations?” | 你会主动跟人说话吗 |
[35:58] | – Yes. – Really? | -会 -是吗 |
[36:00] | Yeah. I initiated conversation with you. | 当然 我不就主动跟你说话了吗 |
[36:02] | Because you wanted to fuck me. | 那是因为你想上我 |
[36:03] | I initiate conversations all day. | 我每天都要主动跟人说话 |
[36:06] | Oh, an interview’s not a conversation. | 约谈不算说话 |
[36:08] | You know, whose test is this? Yours or mine? | 这是谁在做测试 你还是我 |
[36:11] | I’m just trying to get to know you. | 我只是想了解你 |
[36:12] | It feels a little like you’re trying to get to correct me. | 感觉像是你想要机会纠正我 |
[36:15] | Well, would you rather tell me about whatever it is | 你更想跟我说说 |
[36:18] | that you’re burying your face in? | 你在埋头做什么吗 |
[36:22] | I’m sorry, ask me another one. | 抱歉 再问我一个吧 |
[36:25] | No. | 不 |
[36:27] | Come on. | 来 |
[36:29] | Tell me about what you’re reading. | 跟我说说你在看什么 |
[36:31] | It’s the, uh… It’s the Bateson interview. | 是…贝森约谈 |
[36:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:39] | It’s just a fine line of giving them enough attention | 这个界线很难把握 要给他们足够关注 |
[36:41] | so that they’ll engage with you, | 让他们愿意开口 |
[36:43] | but also being able to steer the conversation. | 但又得能引导对话的走向 |
[36:46] | And when it’s over in just a few minutes, it… | 当谈话几分钟内就结束… |
[36:48] | Wasn’t worth the effort? | 不值得你付出辛劳吗 |
[36:49] | He was surprisingly forthcoming in the beginning. | 他起初格外地健谈 |
[36:51] | He answered every question, even volunteered information. | 他回答了所有问题 甚至主动提供信息 |
[36:55] | But when I got to the questions I really wanted to ask, | 但我开始问我最想问的问题时 |
[36:57] | he just walked out. | 他就走掉了 |
[36:59] | So he rope-a-doped you? | 所以他疲劳战术了你 |
[37:01] | – I don’t know what that means. – Rumble in the Jungle? | -我不懂那什么意思 -《丛林之战》 |
[37:03] | You know, when Ali let George Foreman punch himself out. | 阿里让乔治・福曼把自己打累 |
[37:05] | Yeah. Sure, he, uh, “Rope-a-doped” me. | 对 他疲劳战术了我 |
[37:09] | Oh, I’m sure he had plenty of practice | 他肯定经验老到 |
[37:10] | leading people down the garden path. | 常引人走上花园小径 |
[37:13] | No, I should have seen it coming. | 我该料到的 |
[37:14] | I mean, I’ve been studying manipulators | 我整个职业生涯都在研究 |
[37:16] | my whole career. | 操纵者 |
[37:19] | On paper. | 都是在理论上 |
[37:28] | No, I’m… I’m just saying that you… | 不 我就是说… |
[37:30] | you don’t have to be an expert | 你不非得每件事都是 |
[37:31] | at everything the first time. | 一下子就成为专家 |
[37:36] | It’s just a bit disappointing. | 就是有点让人失望 |
[37:42] | Another sad chapter in the epidemic of child murders | 儿童谋杀频发事件又一个悲哀的篇章 |
[37:45] | unfolded today in Rockdale County | 今天在洛克戴尔郡上演 |
[37:47] | where the FBI conducted an unsuccessful search along Sigman Road. | 联调局在西格曼路上进行了搜查 但未有结果 |
[37:51] | Channel 2 has been unable to confirm reports | 2频道无法证实报告称 |
[37:54] | that a man called in a tip about where a body could be found. | 有一名男子来电提供尸体可能的下落 |
[37:57] | The FBI and police had no comment. | 联调局和警方都未作评论 |
[38:00] | Meanwhile, the search for 14-year-old Lubie Geter continues. | 而对14岁的卢比・吉特的搜寻还在继续 |
[38:04] | That’s it for us tonight. | 今晚就到此为止 |
[38:05] | It’s 10:30. | 现在是10点30 |
[38:07] | Do you know where your children are? | 你知道你的孩子在哪吗 |
[38:13] | I always want you present in the local room | 我要你始终待在待客室里 |
[38:16] | where my reporters and Mr. Wallace Cook | 我的记者和华莱士・库克先生 |
[38:19] | can drink you in constantly | 可以经常喝你 |
[38:23] | as a warning against fakes! | 作为对假货的警惕 |
[38:39] | Agent Ford. | 福特探员 |
[38:43] | Tanya. | 坦娅 |
[38:49] | I thought that was you. I saw you’d checked in, | 我就觉得是你 我看到你入住了 |
[38:51] | for a while it looks like. | 好像有一阵了 |
[38:53] | Until it’s over. | 直到结束 |
[38:55] | I was expecting you sooner. | 我以为你会更早些来 |
[38:57] | I came the moment they opened an official FBI investigation. | 他们一正式展开联调局调查我就赶来了 |
[39:02] | And… | 而且 |
[39:04] | you should know we’ve moved beyond looking into the families. | 你该知道我们不再只查家人了 |
[39:08] | I came down specifically to refocus the APD’s efforts. | 我来就是为了重新安排亚特兰大警局的资源 |
[39:12] | I saw on the news someone called about a body. | 我在新闻上看到有人来电说有尸体 |
[39:14] | He a suspect? | 他是嫌疑人吗 |
[39:16] | I can’t say officially, but… | 我不能正式透露 但… |
[39:18] | A man calls to tell you he did it, you may want to consider him. | 如果有人来电说是他干的 你该考虑一下他 |
[39:24] | I’m not at liberty to discuss details, but… | 我不能谈论细节 但是… |
[39:28] | my unit is here to focus on | 我们小组来是为了调查 |
[39:31] | – what we consider most probable. – Most probable for each child? | -我们认为最可能的理论 -针对每个孩子吗 |
[39:35] | They all got different things going on. | 他们都各有各的事 |
[39:37] | Some of them hustling jobs here and there. | 有些人打些零工 |
[39:38] | Carrying groceries, running errands. | 有些送杂货 跑腿 |
[39:40] | A few of them might’ve gotten themselves into situations | 或许有些让自己卷入了 |
[39:42] | – they didn’t know were dangerous. – What does that mean? | -他们不知道有危险的情况 -那什么意思 |
[39:45] | You looking at where these kids work? | 你查看这些孩子工作的地方了吗 |
[39:46] | Parking lots, drive-throughs? | 停车场 免下车餐馆 |
[39:48] | I’m sure we will. | 我们会的 |
[39:51] | Our most recent was seen selling car deodorizers outside a mall. | 最近一个孩子在商场外卖汽车清新剂 |
[39:55] | Lubie Geter. | 卢比・吉特 |
[39:56] | Right. | 对 |
[39:57] | Not all of ’em have car deodorizers to sell. | 他们不是都有汽车清新剂可卖 |
[39:59] | They do whatever they can. | 他们都能做什么做什么 |
[40:01] | What do you mean? Drugs? | 什么意思 毒品吗 |
[40:02] | There’s drugs, panhandling. | 有毒品 有乞讨 |
[40:04] | Some kids learn to steal little things and sell them. | 还有孩子会偷点小东西卖 |
[40:08] | Folks have been saying that a few of these boys | 还有人说 有几个男孩 |
[40:11] | could be selling themselves. | 可能还卖身 |
[40:12] | These kids are 11, 12. | 这些孩子才11 12 |
[40:14] | Every kid is told to watch out for strangers. | 每个孩子都被教过要小心陌生人 |
[40:18] | Most have no idea how dangerous some strangers can be. | 他们大都不知道有些陌生人会多危险 |
[40:23] | All I’m sayin’ is… | 我就是说… |
[40:25] | you all should be looking at those people too. | 你们也该去查查他们 |
[40:31] | This is the Omni. Tanya speaking. How may I help you? | 欧姆尼酒店 我是坦娅 有什么能帮您的 |
[40:36] | Absolutely. One moment. | 没问题 稍等 |
[42:18] | – Morning. – Good morning. | -早 -早上好 |
[42:23] | What do you know about child prostitution in Atlanta? | 你对亚特兰大的童妓有什么了解 |
[42:26] | I know it goes on. | 我知道有这回事 |
[42:27] | The same as any big city. | 任何大城市都这样 |
[42:30] | It’s not something I’ve dealt with, | 我没处理过这事 |
[42:33] | but I can ask Atlanta PD. | 但我可以问问亚特兰大警局 |
[42:35] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[42:36] | I need files on known pedophiles in the greater Atlanta area. | 我需要大亚特兰大地区已知恋童癖的档案 |
[42:40] | Sure. We can look into that. | 好 我们可以去查 |
[42:45] | It looks like greater Atlanta just walked in. | 看来大亚特兰大刚走了进来 |
[42:48] | Gonna be interesting to see how they take to us. | 等着看看他们怎么对待我们吧 |
[42:50] | There’s no reason for them not to want our help. | 他们没理由不想要我们帮忙 |
[42:54] | Bill! | 比尔 |
[42:58] | Good to see ya. | 见到你真好 |
[42:59] | Welcome, Bill. | 欢迎 比尔 |
[43:00] | This is us. | 我们在这里 |
[43:02] | Sorry to miss first day of school. | 抱歉错过了上学首日 |
[43:04] | What are we starting with? | 我们先做什么 |
[43:06] | We’re about to walk into a meeting with the county chiefs. | 我们正要跟县局长们开会 |
[43:09] | Chief Redding wants our advice on how to focus the investigation. | 莱丁局长要我们提议调查该往什么方向 |
[43:12] | Sounds good. | 好啊 |
[43:17] | For instance, David Berkowitz, Son of Sam, | 比如说 大卫・伯科威茨 山姆之子 |
[43:19] | told us he was compelled | 跟我们说他忍不住 |
[43:20] | to go back to a specific site where he had killed before. | 回到此前他曾杀人的具体地点 |
[43:24] | To physically relive the experience. | 好去重新体验那种感觉 |
[43:26] | You interviewed Son of Sam? | 你们跟山姆之子谈过 |
[43:28] | We did. | 是的 |
[43:29] | So the theory is, instead of trying to cover all of Atlanta, | 我们的理论是 不要在亚特兰大广撒网 |
[43:32] | we concentrate on where we believe the killer may return. | 而是盯住凶手可能再去的地方 |
[43:35] | We’ll deploy teams to canvass previous abduction and dump sites, | 我们调队去排查此前的绑架和弃尸地点 |
[43:39] | narrowing our scope to these higher probability areas. | 把范围缩小到这些可能性更高的地区 |
[43:41] | Go back over all the ground we’ve already covered? | 再回到我们已搜过的那些地方 |
[43:43] | Neighbors may have seen someone returning to a scene. | 邻居们可能看到了有人回到现场 |
[43:46] | Maybe something was moved or left. | 或许有人移动或留下了什么 |
[43:47] | Y’all are assuming it’s one suspect. | 你们就认定这是一个人干的 |
[43:49] | We got 18 cases spread all over kingdom come. | 而整个地区有18起案件 |
[43:51] | So many murders in the same age and socioeconomic range | 这么多起年纪相仿 社会经济背景相同的案子 |
[43:55] | is highly improbable without at least some being linked. | 肯定有几起是有联系的 |
[43:57] | That how we’re gonna proceed, Chief? | 我们就这么办吗 局长 |
[43:59] | Seems like we’re ignoring a lot of possibilities. | 我们似乎忽略了很多可能性 |
[44:01] | Nobody’s saying rule anybody out. | 没人说要排除谁 |
[44:04] | But let’s focus our manpower. | 但我们把警力集中起来 |
[44:06] | Chief, this kind of focus | 局长 这个办法 |
[44:07] | means recanvassing 18 abduction and dump sites, | 是要重新排查18个绑架和弃尸地 |
[44:10] | plus reinterviewing dozens of witnesses. | 还要重新盘问数十名目击者 |
[44:12] | Gonna really stretch your manpower. | 人手会不太够的 |
[44:14] | We can use academy recruits to fill out the teams. | 我们找警校新生来充数 |
[44:16] | Only way we’ll be able to even half-ass it. | 这样才勉强能够 |
[44:20] | Based on this, | 根据这理论 |
[44:22] | I’m redeploying today’s search to a previous dump site… | 我要把今天的搜索改定在一个前弃尸地 |
[44:26] | Redwine Road, | 红酒路 |
[44:27] | where we found Milton Harvey’s remains. | 发现米尔顿・哈维尸体的地方 |
[44:30] | Assemble your teams. See if this amounts to anything. | 集结队伍 看能不能有什么发现 |
[44:34] | – Thank you, Chief. – Thank you. | -谢谢 局长 -谢谢 |
[44:36] | – Thank you. – Thank you, gentlemen. | -谢谢 -谢谢 先生们 |
[44:43] | Remember Earl Terrell? I’d like to work his case. | 记得厄尔・泰瑞尔吗 我想负责他的案子 |
[44:47] | He’s still missing, but | 他仍下落不明 |
[44:48] | I think we could do more than we did for him. | 但我觉得我们还能为他做更多事 |
[44:49] | Of course. Mind if I round out your team? | 当然 可以带上我吗 |
[44:52] | Think I’ll join the Chief at the dump site. | 我跟局长去弃尸点了 |
[44:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[44:55] | So he was last seen | 他最后被见到 |
[44:56] | at the pool across the park. | 是在公园对面的泳池 |
[44:59] | It was a long time ago, but do you remember him? | 那是很久以前了 但你记得他吗 |
[45:01] | I seen him. | 我见过他 |
[45:02] | 佐治亚州 莱克伍德 | |
[45:02] | Him and a couple others. | 他 还有另外几个人 |
[45:05] | You recall seeing him last summer? | 你记得去年夏天见过他吗 |
[45:07] | Yeah. Lots of times. | 对 好多次 |
[45:09] | Are you out here on your porch two days a week? | 你每周两天坐在你这门廊上吗 |
[45:11] | – Three? – Well, if it’s hot, | -还是三天 -要是天热 |
[45:13] | I’m out here every day. | 我就天天坐在外面 |
[45:14] | So in the summer, I see everybody. | 所以夏季里 我能看见每个人 |
[45:19] | Sometimes… them kids head down… | 有时 那些孩子会去 |
[45:24] | that house there. | 那边那栋房子 |
[45:25] | The brick house? | 砖房吗 |
[45:27] | And sometimes they go to Elsie’s. There. | 有时他们会去艾希家 那里 |
[45:31] | That yellow house? | 黄色那栋 |
[45:33] | Ma’am, are those glasses prescription? | 女士 你的眼镜是处方的吗 |
[45:36] | These are my readers. | 这是读书镜 |
[45:38] | For my stories. | 看故事的 |
[45:39] | Anything else you told the officers before could be helpful. | 你之前还跟警官们说了什么 都可能帮上忙 |
[45:43] | Weren’t no officers come here. | 没有警官来过这里 |
[45:45] | Ain’t nobody ask us nothin’. | 没人问过我们什么 |
[45:48] | Thank you, ma’am. You’ve been very helpful. | 谢谢 女士 你帮大忙了 |
[45:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:53] | There’s no car at the brick house. | 砖房那里没车 |
[45:55] | Elsie’s first. | 先去艾希家 |
[45:56] | That’s the third person we’ve talked to | 这是第三个在这孩子 |
[45:58] | within one block of where this kid disappeared, | 失踪地一街区范围内 |
[46:00] | and not one of them was interviewed. | 还没被问过话的人了 |
[46:01] | Starting to think | 我开始觉得 |
[46:02] | there’s a lot that’s dropped through the cracks. | 被忽略的工作还不少 |
[46:06] | We called and told them Earl came by the day he went missing, | 我们打过去说 厄尔失踪那天还来过 |
[46:08] | but nobody came askin’. | 但没人来问 |
[46:10] | He was looking for Albert, | 他来找艾伯特 |
[46:12] | but Albert wasn’t home, so Earl, he left. | 但艾伯特不在家 厄尔就走了 |
[46:15] | Albert, get in here. | 艾伯特 过来 |
[46:23] | Tell ’em about Earl. | 跟他们说说厄尔 |
[46:27] | Him and Lubie come over to play sometimes. | 他和卢比有时会来玩 |
[46:30] | I wasn’t here. | 我当时不在 |
[46:31] | Lubie Geter? | 卢比・吉特 |
[46:33] | – He and Earl knew each other? – Yeah. | -他和厄尔认识吗 -是的 |
[46:35] | Earl act sometimes like Lubie’s big brother, | 厄尔有时像是卢比的大哥 |
[46:39] | take him around and stuff. | 带他出去玩 |
[46:40] | Where would Earl take him? | 厄尔会带他去哪 |
[46:41] | You know, just around. | 就附近 |
[46:43] | Do you know where else Earl might have gone that day? | 你知道厄尔那天还可能会去哪吗 |
[46:47] | It’s all right, baby. | 没事的 孩子 |
[46:48] | They with the FBI. You can tell them. | 他们是联调局的 你说吧 |
[46:52] | See? | 看 |
[46:54] | You wanna hold it? | 你想拿着吗 |
[46:57] | Anybody else Earl might have gone to play with? | 厄尔还可能去跟谁玩吗 |
[46:59] | They used to hang with Pat-Man. | 他们以前常跟帕哥一起混 |
[47:01] | Does Pat-Man have a last name? | 帕哥姓什么 |
[47:03] | Won’t do no good. | 没用的 |
[47:04] | He was… uh, one of them. | 他…也是 |
[47:07] | One of them? | 也是什么 |
[47:09] | He was right before Lubie. His real name was Patrick Rogers. | 他是卢比前失踪的 真名叫帕特里克・罗杰斯 |
[47:11] | I didn’t like him comin’ around here. | 我都不喜欢他过来 |
[47:13] | He too old for these boys. | 他太大了不该跟他们一起玩 |
[47:15] | Anything else you can tell the men? | 你还能跟他们说点什么吗 |
[47:17] | Excuse me, the ME’s heading out to Redwine Road. | 不好意思 法医要去红酒路 |
[47:20] | They found something. | 他们有发现 |
[47:22] | Thank you so much, ma’am. | 非常感谢 女士 |
[47:29] | Let’s get the address for the brick house. | 我们记下那个砖房的地址 |
[47:37] | Guys, these remains are less than 100 yards | 伙计们 这些尸骸距离13个月前 |
[47:39] | from where Milton Harvey was dumped 13 months ago. | 米尔顿・哈维被弃尸的地方不到100码 |
[47:41] | He’s returning to the scene. What’s the press doing here? | 他回现场了 媒体怎么来了 |
[47:44] | Get down there and set up a perimeter! This is now a crime scene. | 快去那里拉警戒线 这里是犯罪现场了 |
[47:49] | Forensics show up yet? | 鉴证来了吗 |
[47:51] | We don’t have a body retrieval unit. | 我们没有尸体采集组 |
[47:53] | Recruits will collect any evidence. | 新人会来收集证据 |
[47:55] | It’s not Lubie Geter. | 那不是卢比・吉特 |
[47:56] | Been out here too long. | 尸体在这里很久了 |
[47:57] | But it could be one of the other three still missing. | 但可能是三个仍下落不明的之一 |
[47:59] | Earl Terrell was wearing shorts when he disappeared. | 厄尔・泰瑞尔失踪时穿了短裤 |
[48:01] | What do you got? | 发现了什么 |
[48:03] | I found these close to the road. | 这是在路边发现的 |
[48:05] | A tennis shoe, one cigarette butt, and a couple of porno mags. | 一只网球鞋 一根烟蒂 和几本色情杂志 |
[48:08] | – Porno? – Yes, sir. | -色情杂志 -对 长官 |
[48:10] | Gallery and Penthouse. | 《画廊》和《阁楼》 |
[48:11] | There’s tire tracks, a heavy vehicle, near where we found ’em. | 发现的地方附近有胎印 重型车 |
[48:14] | – Body! Body! – Body! | -尸体 -尸体 |
[48:17] | Come on! Body! | 过来 尸体 |
[48:20] | Get this stuff into evidence bags and get some gloves. | 把东西收进证据袋 戴副手套 |
[48:23] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[48:24] | We need to get a real forensics unit down here. | 我们得叫真鉴证组来 |
[48:26] | Three bodies at one site. | 一个地点三具尸体 |
[48:28] | It’s one guy. And this is his graveyard. | 都是一个人 这是他的墓地 |
[48:39] | Well, lucky he had a prior. | 幸好他有前科 |
[48:42] | Never would have traced the prints off those magazines. | 否则不可能靠杂志上的指纹查到他 |
[48:45] | A plumber. | 水管工 |
[48:47] | Runs his own business out of his rented home. | 在租房里自营业 |
[48:50] | Short rap sheet. | 案底不多 |
[48:52] | – One incident of petty theft. – What kind? | -有一次小偷小摸 -具体是什么 |
[48:54] | Clothing? Personal items? | 衣服 私人物品吗 |
[48:55] | Tires. | 轮胎 |
[48:57] | Seemed like he needed a set of 4 when he was 19. | 他19岁时需要一组4号轮胎 |
[49:01] | No, uh, prior assault. | 没有袭人记录 |
[49:05] | No history of racial violence. | 没有种族暴力历史 |
[49:07] | Sound like our man? | 像是凶手吗 |
[49:09] | Wait a minute, this guy’s Caucasian. | 等等 这是个白人 |
[49:11] | Doesn’t change anything | 并不能改变什么 |
[49:12] | if we can tie him directly to a scene. | 我们能把他和犯罪现场直接联系起来 |
[49:15] | We should at least follow up on that. | 我们至少该跟进一下 |
[49:16] | Those magazines are adult women, not black children. | 那些杂志上都是成年女性 不是黑人儿童 |
[49:19] | Even if the labs are positive for semen, it supports nothing. | 就算实验室验到了精液 也不能证明什么 |
[49:22] | Holden, we have three bodies within 100 yards of each other. | 霍顿 我们在不到100码内发现了三具尸体 |
[49:26] | There’s no doubt the unsub’s dumping them there. | 毫无疑问 不明嫌犯在那里弃尸 |
[49:28] | I’m just saying, before we drag in… | 我是说 别急着去抓… |
[49:31] | Pickett Yarborough, he’s not who we’re looking for. | 皮克特・亚布洛 他不是我们要找的人 |
[49:36] | Did we run his car? | 查他的车了吗 |
[49:38] | White 1975 pickup truck. | 1975年款白色皮卡 |
[49:40] | No police-type vehicle. | 不是警用车型 |
[49:41] | No, but utilitarian. | 对 但是实用性的 |
[49:43] | You could keep a hunting kit without drawing suspicion. | 你可以在上面放猎杀工具 而不引人怀疑 |
[49:45] | We could surveil him. | 我们可以监视他 |
[49:47] | If he smells us at all, he’ll destroy evidence. | 如果他察觉了 就会毁坏证据 |
[49:49] | We need to get warrants. | 我们得申请搜查令 |
[49:50] | Search his house, his truck. | 搜他的房子 他的车 |
[49:54] | I think we should bring him in. | 我觉得我们该抓他来 |
[49:56] | Even if it’s just to rule him out. | 就算只是为了排除他 |
[49:57] | Jim, you’re familiar with DA Slaton, are you not? | 吉姆 你跟斯雷顿地检官相熟 是吧 |
[50:01] | Slaton’s third generation law. | 斯雷顿是第三代执法者了 |
[50:02] | He ain’t by the book, | 他不是按规矩来的 |
[50:04] | he is the book. | 他就是规矩 |
[50:31] | Excuse me, gentlemen, we’re closed for an event. | 不好意思 先生们 我们有活动 不待客了 |
[50:33] | We need to speak with District Attorney Slaton. | 我们找斯雷顿地检官 |
[50:35] | If you could point him out to us. | 请把他指给我们 |
[50:37] | Uh, I’m sorry, we’re a private institution. | 不好意思 这里是私人机构 |
[50:40] | I’m happy to let Mr. Slaton know you’re here, mister… | 我们乐意去告知斯雷顿先生你们的到来 你们是… |
[50:42] | Special Agents Tench, Ford, and Barney. | 特别探员坦奇 福特和巴尼 |
[50:44] | Excuse me a moment? Mr. And Mrs. Peteet, right this way. | 请稍等一下 皮提特先生和太太 这边请 |
[50:50] | Well… | 好吧… |
[50:51] | enjoy your evening. | 今晚愉快 |
[50:53] | Mr. Slaton is making an address at the moment. Excuse me. | 斯雷顿先生现在正在演讲 不好意思 |
[50:56] | Mr. And Mrs. Hamilton, right this way. | 汉密尔顿先生和太太 这边请 |
[51:00] | I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[51:01] | If you gentlemen could just wait in… | 先生们请来这边等下 |
[51:05] | wait in here, I’ll ask if he can see you afterwards. | 我会去问他完事后能不能来见你们 |
[51:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:13] | Mr. And Mrs. Trambley. | 谭柏林先生和太太 |
[51:16] | We’re only going to get Slaton’s ear for a minute. | 我们只能占用斯雷顿几分钟时间 |
[51:19] | I’ll call and see if the labs are back. | 我打个电话 问问实验室结果出来没 |
[51:21] | It’s been my pleasure to | 我很荣幸 |
[51:22] | serve as chair of the fund drive this season. | 本季能担任基金会主席 |
[51:26] | I told the board, I can’t string two notes together, | 我跟董事会说了 我五音不全 |
[51:29] | but I know good music when I hear it. | 但我听到好音乐能分辨出来 |
[51:31] | Our symphony stands up against any in the country. | 我们的交响乐不逊于国内任何乐团 |
[51:34] | New York, Philadelphia, you name it. | 纽约 费城 你随便说 |
[51:37] | Music lover. Who’d have thought? | 音乐爱好者 谁能想到 |
[51:39] | But no cultural organization can flourish… | 但文化组织若想蓬勃发展 |
[51:43] | without benevolent donors like yourselves. | 是离不开你们这样好心的捐助者的 |
[51:45] | You are the very lifeblood of the arts in Atlanta. | 你们是亚特兰大艺术的命脉 |
[51:50] | Yes, my wife wrote that last part for me. | 是的 那最后一句是我妻子写的 |
[51:54] | But it’s absolutely true. | 但此言不虚 |
[51:56] | These musicians are a credit to their community, | 这些音乐家为他们的社区争光 |
[52:00] | to our city, and to the great state of Georgia. | 也为我们城市 和伟大的佐治亚州争光 |
[52:03] | So please, give generously… and enjoy your evening. | 所以请慷慨解囊 也祝你们今晚愉快 |
[52:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:12] | Labs are back. No blood, but definite seminal fluid. | 实验室结果出来了 无血迹 但绝对有精液 |
[52:17] | Gonna be a hard sell. | 要说服他不会容易的 |
[52:26] | I’d hoped since you gentlemen thought it necessary | 我还以为 你们觉得非要让我 |
[52:29] | to pull me out of my wife’s event, | 离开我妻子花了三个月 |
[52:31] | which took three months to plan, | 准备的活动 |
[52:33] | you’d have a more compelling argument. | 是因为有更有说服力的论据呢 |
[52:34] | Sir, if I can explain our methodology. | 先生 请容我解释我们的方法论 |
[52:37] | I’m an evidence man, Agent Tench. | 我是个讲证据的人 坦奇探员 |
[52:39] | You have no eyewitness account, no relevant priors, | 你没有目击者报告 或相关前科 |
[52:42] | no evidence directly tying this man to any of the bodies. | 也没证据把此人跟任何一具尸体联系起来 |
[52:46] | Sir, these types of crimes are sexually motivated. | 先生 这种犯罪是源于性动机 |
[52:50] | The men who perpetrate them are compelled to repeat the crime… | 犯下罪行的人 会忍不住反复犯罪 |
[52:53] | or to relive the sexual satisfaction | 或回到犯罪现场 |
[52:55] | by going to crime scenes and feeling that relief again. | 再次体验那种释放 重温那种性满足感 |
[52:59] | Finding three bodies over time | 在同一偏远地点 |
[53:01] | and a clear-cut scene of self-gratification | 隔了一段时间之后 发现了三具尸体 |
[53:03] | at the same remote site… | 和明显的自慰痕迹 |
[53:05] | We’re concerned that if we merely surveil, | 我们担忧如果只监视 |
[53:07] | the suspect will destroy the evidence you’ll need to prosecute. | 嫌疑人可能会销毁你需要用来检控的证据 |
[53:10] | As intriguing as that sounds, | 虽然听上去很有趣 |
[53:12] | I’ve never issued warrants | 我从未依据 |
[53:13] | based on radical psychological theories. | 激进心理理论来签发过搜查令 |
[53:16] | My constituents trust that I will protect their rights | 我的选民相信我会保护他们的权利 |
[53:18] | against unlawful search and seizure. | 不让他们遭受违法的搜查和查封 |
[53:20] | Lubie Geter has been missing for six days. | 卢比・吉特已失踪六日了 |
[53:23] | We’ve got no leads and the clock is ticking. | 我们没有线索 而且时间不多了 |
[53:29] | I’ll grant your warrants. | 我可以给你们签搜查令 |
[53:31] | But I want no press. | 但绝不能被媒体知道 |
[53:34] | None. | 绝不能 |
[53:36] | This must remain absolutely silent. | 此事必须绝对低调 |
[53:39] | Understood. | 明白 |
[53:43] | – It’s okay. – No. | -没事的 -不 |
[53:44] | – Baby, don’t worry about me. – What’s happening? | -亲爱的 别担心我 -怎么回事 |
[53:46] | – It’ll be all right. – Don’t touch me. | -没事的 -别碰我 |
[53:48] | It’ll be fine, baby. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[53:49] | – This is a mistake. – Don’t you touch me! | -这是搞错了 -别碰我 |
[53:51] | Honey! Honey, please just tell me, what’s happening? | 亲爱的 告诉我 这是怎么回事 |
[53:55] | Don’t you touch me. | 别碰我 |
[53:59] | – It’s okay, baby. – Hon… Honey? | -没事的 亲爱的 -亲爱的 |
[54:01] | Honey, please come back. | 亲爱的 回来啊 |
[54:04] | He can’t know we’ve got his truck until we get him in the room. | 他进审讯室之前不能知道我们没收了他的车 |
[54:12] | – Send him around the block. – Go ahead. Circle around. | -绕街区走 -去 绕圈走 |
[54:27] | I don’t know, guys. | 我没把握 各位 |
[54:37] | Who’s going first? | 谁先去 |
[54:38] | Nobody for a while. | 暂时先不去 |
[54:40] | We ought to at least start working through the timeline. | 我们至少该开始理理时间线 |
[54:42] | He might have a string of alibis for all we know. | 说不定他有一堆不在场证明呢 |
[54:44] | We found it’s best to let them wait, especially at night. | 我们发现最好让他们等 尤其是在晚上 |
[54:47] | If this is the guy, it’s the best way to break him. | 如果是他 这样最能让他崩溃 |
[54:52] | Where are we with him? | 他什么情况了 |
[54:56] | Commissioner. | 专员 |
[55:01] | How confident are we he’s our perpetrator? | 我们有多确信他就是凶手 |
[55:03] | We won’t know until we get in there. | 我们进去前是不可能知道的 |
[55:05] | Well, let’s start working on him. The longer we keep him, | 那开始审讯吧 扣得越久 |
[55:07] | the more likely someone will get wind of this. | 越可能有人得知 |
[55:09] | Slaton said he was very clear with you. | 斯雷顿说他跟你们说得很明确了 |
[55:10] | This is about setting the right conditions, | 这是为了建立合适条件 |
[55:12] | creating leverage with the subject. | 制造控制他的筹码 |
[55:14] | We may only get him once in this state of mind. | 他在这种状态下 我们可能只有一次机会 |
[55:15] | If we get nothing from him and this hits the papers, | 如果我们没问出什么 这事又上了报纸 |
[55:18] | this will be our second public setback in a week. | 那就是我们一周内第二次公开受挫了 |
[55:21] | We should put as much effort into law enforcement | 我们应该对执法和形象管理 |
[55:22] | – as we do managing perceptions. – Holden. | -投入同等努力 -霍顿 |
[55:24] | Right now, we better put together a statement | 现在 我们最好赶紧想个声明 |
[55:26] | because looks like they got hold of it. | 因为他们似乎知道了 |
[55:28] | Shit. | 该死 |
[55:32] | I’ll let them know it’s an ongoing investigation. | 我去告诉他们调查还在进行中 |
[55:34] | We’re in the process of ID’ing bodies. | 我们在辨认尸体 |
[55:36] | I don’t think so. | 你拉倒吧 |
[55:50] | How does the press find out everywhere we go? | 媒体怎么每次都能找到我们 |
[55:54] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[55:55] | but I hope we find something in that fucking truck. | 但我希望他们能在那辆车里有发现 |
[55:59] | I cannot comment on the individual at this time, | 我此刻不能就此人发表评论 |
[56:01] | other than to say that we have issued a custodial warrant. | 只能说我们已签发了拘押证 |
[56:05] | No charges have been issued. | 尚未提出任何指控 |
[56:09] | Ladies and gentlemen, we will keep you apprised. | 女士们先生们 有消息我们会通知你们 |