时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | In New York City, where no good event gets going before 9.:00 p.m… | 在纽约市 好事不会在晚上9点以前发生 |
[00:52] | it’s a very bad sign when you get invited to something that starts at 9.:00 a.m. | 因此接到早上9点开始的通知 就是个不祥的预兆 (陪审团召集令) |
[00:58] | What are you gonna say? | -你打算怎么说? |
[01:00] | I’m just gonna tell them that before 10:00 a.m… as far as I’m concerned, everybody’s guilty. | -我认为早上10点前人人有罪 |
[01:05] | I figure I’ll be out in no time. | 我应该很快就会出来 |
[01:08] | Since I’m down here, I’m gonna head over… | 既然来了 |
[01:10] | to J & R to look at some computer shit. | 我要去逛逛电脑用品店 |
[01:11] | When you get off, call me. We’ll meet up, do something. | 等你出来 |
[01:14] | Well, aren’t you going to write today? | 我们再看看要做什么 |
[01:16] | What does that mean? | -你今天不用写东西吗 -什么意思 |
[01:18] | It doesn’t mean anything. It was just a question. | 没什么,只是随便问问 |
[01:20] | What did you think I was gonna do? Sit on my ass all day and slack off? | 你认为我就应该 |
[01:24] | No, I didn’t mean it like that. | 整天呆呆的坐在那里? 我不是那个意思 |
[01:28] | Look, it’s early. | 拜托,现在还很早 |
[01:31] | Right. It’s early. | 没错,是很早 |
[01:33] | And it’s also a very bad sign when a couple is fighting before 9.:00 a.m. | 情侣早上9点前就在吵架 也是个不祥的预兆 |
[01:38] | You know what we need right now? A Hollywood kiss. | 你知道我们现在需要什么 一个好莱坞式亲吻 |
[01:42] | Here? But we have coffee. | 在这里? 我们手上有咖啡 |
[01:47] | Come on. Hollywood kiss. | 来吧,好莱坞式亲吻 |
[01:55] | Better? | -好点没 |
[01:57] | Better. | -好多了 |
[02:01] | -I’ll see you later. I love you. -I love you, too. Wish me luck. | -待会见,我爱你 -我也爱你,祝我好运 |
[02:06] | Hang them high. | 让他们好看 |
[02:12] | Hi, I hope you can help me with this. | 希望你能帮我个忙 |
[02:15] | I feel terrible, but I don’t think that I can serve jury duty today. | 我觉得很抱歉 |
[02:19] | You see, I work for myself as a freelance writer… | 但是我今天不能当陪审员 |
[02:22] | and no one can cover for me. | 因为我是个自由作家 没有人能帮我代班 |
[02:27] | Welcome to jury duty. | 欢迎成为陪审员 |
[02:33] | Meanwhile, another woman was having trouble juggling her duties. | 同时,另一个女人 也被她的义务弄得晕头转向 |
[02:38] | -Is it 8:30 already? -Good morning. | -已经8点半了 -早安 |
[02:41] | Fuck! | -干 |
[02:43] | Don’t say ”F.” | -别说脏话 |
[02:46] | I’m gonna be a little late tonight. | 我今天会比较晚回来 |
[02:49] | -Come here, baby. Yes, darling. -Work stuff. | 有工作要做 |
[02:52] | Around we go. | 亲爱的 |
[02:54] | It’s okay, Brady… | 没关系,布莱迪 |
[02:56] | Mommy’s just got to go to work. | 妈咪只是去工作 |
[02:58] | Boy is fine. He just misses Mama. | 孩子没事的 他只是不舍得妈妈 对,没错,宝宝 |
[03:06] | Look at that. | 你看看,好,说再见 |
[03:08] | Yes. Say bye-bye. | |
[03:10] | Bye-bye, Mommy. | 再见,妈咪 |
[03:11] | -No, it’s no big deal. -Bye-bye, Brady. It’s all right. | 再见,布莱迪 |
[03:15] | Along with her coffee… | 除了早餐的咖啡 |
[03:16] | feeling guilty had become a part of Miranda’s daily routine. | 罪恶感也是米兰达的例行公事 |
[03:21] | -Let me help you, darling. -Thanks, Lenore. | -我来帮你 -谢谢 |
[03:24] | You have done such a wonderful job with this event. | 这件事情你做得非常好 |
[03:27] | Macaroons on the outside, dear. | -把蛋白杏仁饼干放外面 |
[03:29] | I just hope people enjoy it. | -希望大家会喜欢 |
[03:31] | I’m sure they will. | 他们一定会的 |
[03:33] | Charlotte had been guilted into joining the synagogue’s Sisterhood Society. | 夏绿蒂因为罪恶感 |
[03:37] | Now, I know since Harry… | 加入了犹太教堂的姐妹会 |
[03:41] | you’ve been coming to temple alone. | 我知道自从哈利… |
[03:43] | The break-up was bad news for you, but good news for me. | 你总是独自来教堂 分手对你来说是个坏消息 |
[03:47] | Hence, good news for you. | 但对我却是好消息 所以对你也是个好消息 |
[03:50] | Lenore, what are you saying over there? | 莉诺,你在那里说什么 |
[03:52] | I have someone for you. | 我有适合你的人选 |
[03:55] | Now, I know, I don’t look old enough to have a son your age, but I do. | 我知道我看起来不像有个 |
[03:59] | Charlotte, darling… | 跟你一样年纪的儿子,但我有 夏绿蒂,我有两个单身的儿子 |
[04:01] | I have two single sons, both perfect for you. | 都非常适合你 |
[04:06] | Barbara, I told you I wanted to fix her up with my David. | 芭芭拉 我说过我想撮合她跟我的大卫 |
[04:11] | Charlotte may have been there to arrange the cookies… | 夏绿蒂是去那里准备饼干 |
[04:13] | but Barbara, Elaine and Lenore were there to arrange her next marriage. | 但芭芭拉、伊莲和莉诺 则是去准备她的下段姻缘 |
[04:18] | Meanwhile, Samantha had used her pushiness… | 同时,莎曼珊展现了 她惊世骇俗的作风 |
[04:21] | to pariay her new man’s hit off-Broadway show… | 把她新男友的个人优势 |
[04:24] | into a hot, on-Broadway poster. | 印在性感海报上公诸于世 |
[04:26] | Fuck me. | 让我死吧 |
[04:28] | That’s the first thing every woman in town will be saying after she sees it. | 城里每个女人 看到之后都会这么说 |
[04:31] | It’s huge. | -好大 |
[04:33] | And that’s the second. | -这是第二句 |
[04:36] | And, honey, I’m not even sure the poster does you justice. | 我觉得海报还没有你本人勇猛 |
[04:38] | Come on, my dick’s three stories long. | 我的弟弟有三层楼那么长 |
[04:41] | The way God and Madison Avenue intended. | 这是你得天独厚之处 |
[04:47] | Sometimes, when you’re sitting on a jury… | 有时当你坐在陪审席上 |
[04:49] | it may seem as if all you’re doing is a lot of waiting around. | 看起来好像是在浪费时间 |
[04:53] | But to the contrary, the catalyst for the resolution of the lawsuit… | 但其实不然 法律案件 |
[04:57] | is the fact that you were there, ready to hear the evidence and render a verdict. | 因为你们的存在而得以解决 准备听取证据并做下判决 |
[05:01] | You are not just sitting around… | 你们不只是呆坐在那里 |
[05:03] | but rather playing an indispensable role in our justice system. | 而是扮演一个不可或缺的角色 在我们的司法体系之中 |
[05:08] | But now, let’s take a look at the flow of a typical trial. | 现在让我们来看一下 正常的审判流程 |
[05:12] | Whether you’re serving on a civil or criminal trial… | 无论是民事或刑事审判 |
[05:15] | there’s a general procedure that is followed. | 都有一个既定程序 |
[05:17] | You may hear opening statements by the opposing attorneys… | 你会听到 双方律师的开场陈述 |
[05:20] | each presenting their sides of the dispute. | 各自代表他们的当事人 |
[05:23] | This is not evidence. | 这不是证据 |
[05:25] | It’s just so weird. | 真的很怪 |
[05:27] | I mean, a mango isn’t even a fruit you can bite into. | 芒果根本不能直接咬来吃 |
[05:30] | I do believe it is the oddest thing you can pull out of a briefcase. | 我认为那是从公事包里 拿出来最奇怪的东西 |
[05:34] | Except for a pineapple. | 除了凤梨以外 |
[05:36] | The moment he pulls out a pineapple, I want you to call me. | 如果他从公事包里拿出凤梨 你就打电话告诉我 |
[05:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:44] | Charlotte, what are you doing here? | 夏绿蒂,你在这里做… |
[05:48] | Why are we hiding? | -我们在躲什么? |
[05:50] | I’m on the worst date of my life. | -我这辈子最糟的约会 |
[05:53] | Honey, I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[05:55] | This woman from the temple set me up with her son, and he’s awful. | 教堂的人安排我跟他儿子约会 |
[05:58] | -You have to help me. -okay. | 他糟透了,帮帮我 |
[06:00] | Call me on your cell phone, tell me something bad happened… | 打电话给我,说出事了 |
[06:03] | then I’ll rush out. | 我就能抽身了 |
[06:04] | After he leaves, you’ll come back, eat with us. | 等他走了以后 |
[06:06] | -Yes. -okay. | 你再回来跟我们一起吃饭 |
[06:10] | We’ve been dating a long time. We have contingency plans. | 经过长期的约会训练 我们已经有一套应变计划 |
[06:19] | I asked for more bread, but they haven’t brought it yet. | 我跟他们要了面包 但是还没送来 |
[06:25] | okay. | 好 |
[06:30] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉,很少会这样 |
[06:31] | I wouldn’t normally get that, but maybe something bad happened. | 说不定是出了什么事 |
[06:36] | Hello? | -你好 |
[06:37] | Hey, it’s me. Something bad happened. | -是我,出事了 |
[06:39] | Something bad happened? | 出了什么事? |
[06:43] | I knew it was going to be terrible. The man brought me carnations. | 我就知道会很惨 |
[06:46] | -I see. -Hold up, the man brought you flowers? | 他送我康乃馨 |
[06:49] | What an asshole. | 等一下,他送你花,真是混球 |
[06:51] | -Not flowers, carnations. -What’s wrong with carnations? | -不是花,是康乃馨 |
[06:54] | They’re filler flowers. | -康乃馨有什么不好 |
[06:56] | Would you dump a guy if he brought you carnations? | -那是填空花 -你会因为这样甩了他 |
[06:58] | Me? No. But I happen to like carnations, especially the pink ones. | 不会,我特别喜欢粉红康乃馨 |
[07:01] | In fact, I think they’re making a comeback. | 因为我觉得又要开始流行了 |
[07:03] | I would, however, throw away a guy for wearing Docksiders or Topsiders… | 不过我会因为他穿帆船鞋 |
[07:07] | -or any of the above. -No, those are cute. | 甩了他 怎么会,帆船鞋很好 |
[07:09] | So basically, guys are just fucked. | -反正男人很糟糕 |
[07:12] | No, that’s not true. None of that matters with the right guy. | -不,只是没遇到对的人 |
[07:15] | Harry was baid and he talked with his mouth full. | 哈利秃头还会边吃东西边讲话 |
[07:19] | But I loved him anyway. | 但我就是爱他 |
[07:20] | -Because he didn’t bring you filler flowers. -No, because I loved him. | -因为他不会送你填空花 -不,因为我爱他 |
[07:25] | of course you did, sweetie. Don’t say that to her. | 你当然爱他 你不应该那样说 |
[07:28] | I’m sorry, I was just trying to be funny. | -对不起,我只是开玩笑 |
[07:30] | Well, it wasn’t funny. | -一点都不好笑 |
[07:32] | Yeah, it wasn’t funny. I’m a slacker. | 是不好笑,我还是个懒虫 |
[07:34] | I guess if I were wearing Topsiders, I wouldn’t be here. | 要是我穿帆船鞋我早就挂了 |
[07:39] | Good evening. You folks ready to order? | -晚安,可以点餐了吗 |
[07:42] | Yes. | -好,我看看 |
[07:43] | Let’s see. I’m going to start with the goat cheese salad… | 我要羊奶乳酪沙拉 |
[07:47] | and then I’ll have the tuna. But, sir, can you make sure… | 还有鲔鱼… |
[07:50] | there’s no parsley on anything? I’m just really allergic. | 你能不能拿掉所有的荷兰芹 我会过敏 |
[07:53] | -Not even a sprinkling of it on the plate. -He got it. No parsley. | -他知道了,不要荷兰芹 -你能不能… |
[07:58] | Can you ask the chef if the marinade for the tuna has parsley in it? | 帮我问问看腌鲔鱼的酱里 |
[08:02] | Because if it does, I should probably change my order. | 有没有放荷兰芹 |
[08:05] | -I’ll go check. -Thank you. | -我去问问看 -谢谢你 |
[08:07] | You’re not allergic. | -你不是过敏 |
[08:09] | -What? -You’re not allergic. | -什么? |
[08:10] | I don’t like it. | -我不喜欢荷兰芹 |
[08:11] | -Why don’t you just say that? -Because when I say that… | -为什么不直说 |
[08:14] | parsley somehow magically appears on the plate… | 因为如果我那么说 荷兰芹还是会出现在盘子上 |
[08:17] | and I feel bad because I have to send it back. | 我把它退回去又不好意思 |
[08:20] | You didn’t even order something that comes with parsley. | 你又没点有加荷兰芹的东西 |
[08:22] | It comes with everything. | -它无所不在 |
[08:24] | You know what, guys, I actually have to…. | -对不起,事实上我必须… |
[08:26] | I totally forgot…. I have to go. | 我忘了…我有事…要先走 |
[08:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:33] | Charlotte decided to leave her second bad date of the night. | 夏绿蒂决定逃离她当晚 第二个糟糕的约会 |
[08:43] | You can just drop us at the corner of 73rd and Madison. Thanks. | 在73街和麦迪逊街口 停就好了,谢谢 |
[08:48] | Actually, can you go around? It’s 73rd between Park and Madison. Thank you. | 能不能请你绕一下 到公园街和麦迪逊街间的73街 |
[08:54] | I’m in heels. | 我穿了高跟鞋 |
[09:00] | I can’t believe you put me down in front of your friend. | 我不敢相信 你竟然在你朋友面前指责我 |
[09:04] | I didn’t put you down. | -我没有指责你 |
[09:05] | okay, great. | -太好了 |
[09:07] | Now you’re going to tell me what I feel? | -你的意思是我乱说? |
[09:09] | I’m not telling you what you feel. | -我没有说你乱说 |
[09:12] | Here we go again. | 又来了 |
[09:16] | What’s going on with us? | -我们之间是怎么了 |
[09:19] | When did you stop being on my side? | -你为什么不考虑我的立场 |
[09:21] | When did you stop being on my side? | 你又为什么不考虑我的立场 |
[09:31] | This isn’t working. | -这样行不通 |
[09:33] | You’re right. I think we should take a break. | -没错,我们该暂时分开一下 |
[09:36] | Are you serious? | -你是说真的 |
[09:37] | I think we need some time apart. | -我们应该分开一阵子 |
[09:39] | I know things haven’t been great, but…. | 我知道最近不太顺利,但… |
[09:45] | How long have you been thinking about this? | 这件事你想多久了 |
[09:47] | Right up here is fine. The third brownstone on the right. | 到这里就好 |
[09:58] | No, actually wait. There’s gonna be two stops. | 右边第三栋棕色的建筑 不,等一下还要再去一个地方 |
[10:01] | Wait, you want to take the break starting now? | 什么?你要从现在开始分开 |
[10:04] | I thought you would at least come up. We need to talk. | -我以为你会上来谈一谈 |
[10:06] | No, I don’t need to talk. | -我不想谈 |
[10:09] | okay? I need some time to think. | -我需要时间想一想 |
[10:12] | How much time? | -要多久 |
[10:14] | About a week. | 大概一个礼拜,我会待在 |
[10:16] | I’m gonna go out to my Hamptons house. I just need some distance… | 汉普顿的家,我需要一点时间 |
[10:20] | to sort through stuff. Is that okay? | 把事情想清楚,可以吗 |
[10:23] | What, I’m supposed to decide what I feel about this… | 什么?我要在计程车跳表时 |
[10:27] | with the meter running? | 决定我的感觉吗 |
[10:31] | Yeah, okay, go. | -好,你走 |
[10:33] | I’ll call you when I get back. | -我回来再打电话给你 |
[10:40] | Thanks for dinner. | 谢谢你的晚餐 |
[10:52] | I knew we were having problems, but a break? | 我知道我们之间有问题 但有必要分开吗? |
[10:54] | What am l? Some horrible job he needs to get away from? | 他那么急着要摆脱我吗? |
[10:57] | A break isn’t always a bad thing. | -分开不见得是不好的事 |
[10:59] | Come on. It’s a hop, skip, and a week from a break up. | -那是分手的一种缓冲说法 |
[11:02] | or it’s the thing that saves you from saying the things… | 这样也可以避免说出 |
[11:05] | that you wish you could take back, but you can’t. | 事后会后悔的话 |
[11:07] | If Harry and I had taken a break… | 要是哈利和我有分开一阵子 |
[11:09] | then maybe I wouldn’t be out on blind dates again. | 也许我就不会盲目约会了 |
[11:11] | Remember when a break was a good thing? Spring break, coffee break. | 短暂的休息原本是件好事 |
[11:16] | Now it’s break up, break down. | 像春假、咖啡时间 但是时间一长就变成分手 |
[11:19] | They keep getting worse. What’s next? | -每况愈下,接下来是什么 |
[11:21] | Hip break? | -破裂 |
[11:22] | You know what I think? | 知道我的想法吗 |
[11:23] | I think don’t do that. | 我认为不该有那个表情 |
[11:27] | Do what? | 什么表情? |
[11:30] | I’m sorry. I’m upset. | 抱歉,因为我很心烦 |
[11:32] | Well, don’t be. You’ll be even more upset when your face is all lined. | 不要这样 等你脸上都是皱纹会更心烦 |
[11:36] | As far as I’m concerned, the test of a good relationship is: | 就我所知 看出两人的关系是否良好 |
[11:40] | Are you like this… | 是这种表情 |
[11:42] | or like this? | 还是这种表情 |
[11:45] | That is the test of a good relationship? | -那能看出两人关系好不好? |
[11:48] | or a good dermatologist. | -还是你的皮肤科医生好不好 |
[11:49] | Make fun, but a bump in the road is never good. | 尽管笑 但路上出现障碍总不是件好事 |
[11:52] | And you shouldn’t bother staying around to find out how not good. | 而且别光在那里想 情况有多糟 |
[11:55] | It’s not all frowns. Berger and I have a lot of good stuff, too. | 也不全都是坏事 |
[11:59] | It’s complicated. | 我们之间也有好事,那很复杂 |
[12:00] | Complicated by the fact that the man had to go… | 复杂到那个男人 |
[12:02] | all the way to Long island to think this through. | 要跑到长岛去思考 |
[12:05] | Maybe you can send him a postcard. | 也许你可以寄一张明信片给他 |
[12:08] | That is the most blatant agenda-pushing I have ever seen. | 这是我所看过 最露骨的行销手法 |
[12:12] | And the most effective. | 也最有效 |
[12:15] | I just wish I knew what he was thinking. | -真想知道他是怎么想的 |
[12:17] | Who cares? Look at his pecs. | -谁在乎?看看他的肌肉 |
[12:20] | I meant Berger. | 我是指柏格 |
[12:22] | It’s so frustrating. What am I supposed to do? | 我是不是只能等他来选择我? |
[12:24] | Just sit around waiting to find out whether he chooses me? | 我整天都在当陪审员 |
[12:27] | I’m doing that all day at jury duty and it sucks. | 烦都烦死了 |
[12:30] | Here’s an idea. | 不然这样吧 |
[12:31] | Why don’t you use this time to think about what you want? | 利用这段时间想想你要什么 |
[12:34] | Remember you? What do you want? | 记得你自己吗?你想要什么 |
[12:43] | The next day, I got to thinking about trials and trial separations. | 第二天 我开始思考审判和试验性分居 |
[12:47] | In a courtroom, a jury decides the outcome. | 在法庭中 由陪审团做最后决定 |
[12:51] | In a relationship, the victims have to decide their own fate. | 在两性关系中 受者害必须决定自己的命运 |
[12:55] | How can two people mired in the mess ever figure it out? | 已经陷入泥沼的两个人 能想出解决的方法吗? |
[13:00] | Do we need distance to get close? | 为了更亲密就必须保持距离? |
[13:05] | Sorry. Cab gridlock situation. | 抱歉,交通阻塞 |
[13:08] | They should rename the Westside Highway the No Way Highway. | 西区高速公路应该叫 不通高速公路 |
[13:11] | Let me just pull out my files on the McKenzie case. | 让我把麦肯锡的档案拿出来 |
[13:14] | We’re not here to discuss the McKenzie case. | -我们不是要讨论那件案子 |
[13:17] | -I’m sorry. Then what is this meeting about? -You. | -抱歉,那会议的目的是什么 |
[13:21] | We’re concerned. | 你,我们很担心 |
[13:23] | It’s been noted recently… | 你最近开会常迟到 |
[13:25] | that you’ve been late to important meetings and are struggling to handle your case load. | 案件也堆积如山 |
[13:30] | I’m sorry, Maurice. I don’t know what you mean. I was late today, but– | 抱歉,默里斯,我今天是迟到 |
[13:34] | Actually, you’ve been late rather frequently. | 事实上你最近常迟到 |
[13:36] | There was the deposition last Tuesday, and the motion hearing last Friday… | 包括上星期二的宣誓作证 |
[13:41] | and you left early on Monday. | 和上星期五的听证会 |
[13:43] | Way to watch my back, Fern. | -星期一你也早退 -你盯我还盯得真紧,芬 |
[13:45] | -I understand it’s been difficult. -With the new baby and all. | -是很不容易 -尤其要带新生儿 |
[13:48] | Got it. | 知道了,没问题 |
[13:50] | No problem. Won’t happen again. | 以后不会再犯 |
[13:52] | But let me say, as far as the McKenzie brief, Miranda Hobbes is kicking ass. | 但是麦肯锡案 我做得非常出色 |
[13:57] | Where I’m doing a bad job is at home. | 我没有善尽义务的地方是家庭 |
[14:00] | So, if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do. | 很抱歉,我还有事要做 |
[14:07] | And may I remind you that when my mother died… | 顺便我提醒你,我母亲去世时 |
[14:09] | I was back in the office on Monday. | 我星期一就回来上班 |
[14:23] | Guess what I’m drinking. An Absolut Hunk. You’re a drink. | 你猜我在喝什么 “绝对猛男”,你的饮料 |
[14:29] | And you are delish. | 而且非常可口 |
[14:31] | Take off that ski cap. | -帽子拿下来让人家看到你 |
[14:33] | Let people see you. I don’t want people to see me. | -我不希望他们看到我 |
[14:37] | Everybody’s giving me shit about the poster. | 每个人对那张海报都很不屑 |
[14:39] | You’re insane. People love it. | -胡说,大家都爱死了 |
[14:41] | Not my people. | -不是我认识的人 |
[14:42] | My sober buddies are pissed that I’m shilling for a liquor company. | 我朋友很不爽 我为烈酒公司裸露 |
[14:45] | My acting class thinks I’m a sellout. | 我表演班的同学认为我是叛徒 |
[14:47] | My ma’s hiding magazines in every supermarket in Seattle… | 我妈把所有的杂志藏起来 |
[14:50] | so my 96-year-old grandmother doesn’t see my dick. | 免得我祖母看到我的弟弟 |
[14:52] | Drunks, nobodies, prudes. | 都是些酒鬼 无名小子、老古板 |
[14:56] | I just don’t see where this is going. | 我实在看不出来有什么用 |
[14:58] | It’d be one thing if I was getting auditions. But nothing’s happening. | 到目前为止 一个试镜机会都没有 |
[15:02] | I’m sorry to bother you, but are you the Absolut Hunk? | 对不起打扰一下 你就是“绝对猛男” |
[15:05] | Yes, he is. | 没错,就是他 |
[15:08] | I just wanted to say that my friends and I are huge fans. | 我只想告诉你 我们都非常非常喜欢你 |
[15:12] | -oh, my God. -Hi. | -我的天 -你好 |
[15:16] | It’s working. What did I tell you? | 我早就告诉你一定会有用 |
[15:19] | How does those guys toasting me mean my acting career’s happening? | 这跟我的演艺事业有什么关系 |
[15:22] | First come the gays, then the girls, then the industry. | 先是同志,然后是女生 再来就是演艺界 |
[15:28] | -Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[15:32] | And speaking of absolute gay… | 说到绝对同志 |
[15:34] | Charlotte was on a lunch date with yenta number two’s son. | 夏绿蒂和二号儿子进行约会 |
[15:36] | So, I mean, I guess I just knew it wasn’t gonna work out. | 我就知道那是行不通的 |
[15:40] | I like practicing Pilates… | 我喜欢练习彼拉特斯 |
[15:42] | but I don’t want to talk about it all day with my significant other. | 但我不想整天跟对方谈这件事 |
[15:46] | What are you looking for exactly in a significant other? | 你的理想伴侣是什么条件 |
[15:51] | Look, we don’t need to do this. | 我们不需要这样 |
[15:54] | You know I’m gay. I know I’m gay. | 我是同志,这件事你知我知 |
[15:56] | The only person who doesn’t know I’m gay is my mother. | 唯一不知道的就是我妈 |
[16:00] | So do you really wanna know what my type is? | 你真的想知道我喜欢的类型 |
[16:03] | That’s it. | 就是他 |
[16:05] | I know him. | 我认识他 |
[16:06] | Get out! Could you introduce me? | 不会吧 你能介绍我认识他吗 |
[16:11] | Actually, he’s straight. | 可是他喜欢女人 |
[16:14] | My brother will be so disappointed. We’re obsessed with him. | 我哥会很失望的 我们都好迷他 |
[16:21] | -Charlotte, honey. -Hi, Elaine. | -夏绿蒂 -你好,伊莲 |
[16:24] | You went out with a faigelah and a mieskeit, and you can’t go out with my David? | 你和他们两人出去 却不跟我的大卫约会 |
[16:28] | -It’s just those blind dates are so– -Wait! Not so blind. | -那些盲目约会把我… -没那么盲目 |
[16:31] | I showed David your picture from the last newsletter… | 我给大卫看你的照片 |
[16:34] | and he thought you were a knockout. | 他认为你是仙女下凡 |
[16:36] | That’s nice. | 谢谢 |
[16:37] | I told him you’d be at the next Single and Mingle Night at the temple. | 我告诉他 |
[16:40] | You could meet there. He’s a looker, my David. | 你会参加下次的单身联谊之夜 我的大卫是个帅哥 |
[16:43] | Now, I know most people say that about their children. But he is. | 大多数的人都认为 自己小孩很帅,但他真的帅 |
[16:49] | And he’s even better looking in person. | 他本人更好看,你会见到他的 |
[16:51] | So you’ll meet him? | |
[16:54] | Never had braces. Can you imagine? | 从没戴过牙套,你相信吗 |
[16:57] | Some people are bullied into blind dating. | 有些人被逼参加盲目约会 |
[16:59] | Charlotte was bubbied. | 夏绿蒂则是误上贼船 |
[17:02] | I’m here! | 我回来了,我回来了 |
[17:05] | Is he still awake? | -他还醒着吗 |
[17:07] | No. Boy go to sleep an hour ago. | -不,他一小时前睡了 |
[17:12] | Great. | 很好 太好了 |
[17:19] | I guess I can just get back to my work then. | 我想我又可以开始工作了 |
[17:28] | That night, the only thing Miranda put to bed was the McKenzie brief. | 当晚,米兰达唯一抱上床的 是麦肯锡的档案 |
[17:35] | The next day, the verdict was in. | 第二天,判决下来了 |
[17:38] | Century 21, the downtown discount store, was the best part of jury duty. | 21世纪,城里的折扣商店 是当陪审员唯一的收获 |
[17:45] | Hello. | -喂 |
[17:46] | I’m with two men in plaid pants and I’m carrying a nine iron. | -我穿格子裤,拿着九号球杆 |
[17:50] | Greetings from California. | -从加州打来问候你 |
[17:52] | You think that’s bad? I’m discount shopping. | -我在逛折扣店 |
[17:54] | What are you doing golfing? | -你怎么会去打球 |
[17:56] | I’m just in it for the scotch afterwards. How are things? | -我想藉机喝一杯 |
[18:00] | Pretty good. | -情况如何 |
[18:01] | So far I found the most unbelievable Anna Molinari dress… | -我找到一件莫里那瑞的洋装 |
[18:04] | and a Dolce kimono. | -还有杜嘉的晨袍 |
[18:06] | I meant in your life. | -我是指你的生活 |
[18:09] | How’s tricks? | -最近搞什么把戏 |
[18:10] | Tricks are for kids. | -把戏是小鬼玩的 |
[18:11] | okay, kid. | 好,你跟那个家伙 |
[18:13] | So how’s it going with that guy, Hotdog? | 热狗的进展如何 |
[18:16] | Berger. Why do you ask? | 是柏格,你为什么问 |
[18:18] | Because we’re friends, and friends ask other friends… | 因为我们是朋友 |
[18:21] | how things are in their lives. | 朋友总会互相关心一下近况 |
[18:23] | Besides, I don’t tee off for another 10 minutes. | 再说,还要10分钟才轮到我 |
[18:25] | We’re great. | 我们很好,很好 |
[18:27] | Moved in together yet? | -住在一起了没 |
[18:30] | Actually, we’re taking it slow. | -事实上我们想慢慢来 |
[18:33] | What does that mean? | -什么意思 |
[18:34] | We’re kind of taking a break. | -我们暂时分开 |
[18:36] | You’re taking a break? | -暂时分开? |
[18:37] | A little break. | -分开一下 |
[18:39] | I don’t know why I told him. I think I crumbled under questioning. | 我被他问得有点招架不住 |
[18:42] | Why? You haven’t been together that long. | 你们为什么要暂时分开 |
[18:44] | Sometimes a person needs a little space. | -有时候人需要一点距离 |
[18:46] | From you? This guy must be crazy. | -跟你?他一定是疯了 |
[18:49] | Spoken by the man who moved 3,000 miles away. | 你自己不是也搬到3000哩外去 |
[18:54] | You know, a break can be a very good thing. | -暂时分开也不见得不好 |
[18:56] | As long as you’re all right with it. | -只要你自己觉得好就好 |
[18:58] | I am very okay with it. in fact– | -我觉得很好… |
[19:00] | You’re breaking up. | -你们散了 |
[19:01] | -No, we’re not. Berger and l– -No, your cell phone… | -不,我们没有,柏格和我… |
[19:03] | is breaking up. I can hardly hear you. Hello? | -听不清楚,你的声音散掉了 喂?喂? |
[19:08] | With an armful of discount clothing… | 拿了一手的折价衣服 |
[19:10] | I realized I could no longer discount my feelings. | 我发现我的心情并没有变好 |
[19:14] | I decided to rent a car… | 我决定租一台车 |
[19:16] | and drive the distance to get closer to Berger. | 缩短我和柏格之间的距离 |
[19:26] | I paid $187 to drive 40 feet. | 我花了187元只开了40英尺路 |
[19:29] | What did I think I was going to do? Badger my boyfriend into being with me? | 难道要我自己送上门去求他 |
[19:33] | That’s one option. | 那也是一个办法 |
[19:35] | I just keep thinking if I stick with it… | 我老是想如果我再投入一点 |
[19:39] | -just tried a little harder– -Carrie… | 再努力一点 |
[19:42] | you know how much I like Berger, but come on. | 凯莉,你知道 我也很喜欢柏格 |
[19:45] | No one can accuse you of not having tried. You did good. | 就算你不做 也没人能说你什么 |
[19:48] | I mean, Berger can be threatened… | 柏格可能没自信,没安全感 |
[19:53] | and insecure, and sometimes he shuts down… | 有时候也很孤僻 |
[19:57] | but he’s also smart and funny. | 但是他也很聪明,很风趣 |
[19:59] | Like, he made up this thing, this Hollywood kiss thing. | 就像他发明好莱坞式亲吻一样 |
[20:03] | Whenever we’re being pissy with each other, we’d do this fake Hollywood kiss bit. | 每次我们被对方惹火的时候 我们就会做好莱坞式亲吻 |
[20:08] | And it makes us laugh. | -那让我觉得很开心 |
[20:10] | You guys need a bit? | -你们需要这么做? |
[20:12] | I know. It isn’t working. | 我知道,我们不适合 |
[20:14] | Why is it so hard to admit that? | 为什么这么难承认 |
[20:18] | I gotta break up with him. | 老天,我一定要和他分手 |
[20:21] | If he ever comes back. | 如果他回来的话 |
[20:22] | All clean. | 来,妈咪在这里 |
[20:24] | Look, here’s the mommy. | |
[20:26] | Hey, guy! | |
[20:27] | -How was your bath? -Here we go. | 你回来了 |
[20:30] | Magda, I’ll see you at 8:00 tomorrow. Thank you for everything. | 明天早上8点见 谢谢你,没事了 |
[20:33] | -It’s okay. -Don’t cry. Magda be back tomorrow. | -别哭,梅格明天就回来了 |
[20:37] | I missed you today. How are you? | -我今天很想你 |
[20:40] | Bye-bye, Brady. No more crying. | -你好吗 |
[20:42] | oh, you darling. Bye-bye. | -再见,布莱迪,别哭了 亲爱的,再见 |
[20:47] | What’s wrong with him? | -他怎么了 |
[20:49] | He’ll be fine. He just misses his mommy. | -他没事 |
[20:53] | Magda. | 他只是舍不得他妈妈…梅格 |
[20:55] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[20:56] | The next day, Miranda decided to do something about that. | 第二天 米兰达决定解决这个问题 |
[21:00] | We both know that this isn’t working. | 我们都知道这样行不通 |
[21:03] | And as much as I would like it to, it’s not just going to magically change. | 而且情况不可能一下改变 |
[21:07] | What are you saying? | -你是什么意思? |
[21:08] | I can’t keep working like this. I’m going to have to cut way back… | -我不能再这样工作下去 |
[21:13] | to 50 hours a week. | 我要缩短工作时数 |
[21:19] | 55 tops. | 回到一星期50小时 |
[21:26] | Here. okay. | 最多55小时 好 |
[21:34] | That night, Miranda was there to put Brady to bed. | 那天晚上 米兰达抱布莱迪上床 |
[21:37] | But there would still be times when she wouldn’t be around. | 但她还是有的时候 不能陪在他身边 |
[21:40] | So Miranda found a way to be around. | 因此她想了一个办法 |
[21:47] | And at bus stops all around town…. | 在城里所有的公车站 |
[21:49] | Fucking A. | 可恶,全纽约的人 |
[21:51] | Everybody in New York thinks I’m an asshole. | 都认为我是个混蛋 |
[21:54] | Listen, blondie, if you’re gonna be in this business… | 听好 |
[21:56] | you’re gonna have to be a lot more thick-skinned than this. | 在这个行业中脸皮一定要厚 |
[21:59] | What business? The naked hustler business? | 裸体骗子的行业? |
[22:01] | I understand you’re upset, but you have to take a step backward… | 我知道你很烦 |
[22:04] | and see the big picture. | 但是眼光要看远一点 |
[22:06] | I need some time to think. See you later. | -我需要时间想一想 |
[22:08] | Stop right there. | -给我站住 |
[22:11] | So there’s a bump in the road. | 路上是出现了障碍 |
[22:14] | You can’t bail the minute things get rough. | 你不能临阵退缩,相信我 |
[22:17] | Now trust me, this will all work out. | -一定会成功的 |
[22:21] | What if you’re wrong? | -万一不成功呢 |
[22:23] | There it was.: a frown. | 皱眉出现了 |
[22:25] | or as close to a frown as Samantha and her dermatologist would allow. | 或者说是莎曼珊和她的 皮肤科医生能容忍的皱眉 |
[22:29] | oh, my God, look! There he is! The Absolut Hunk! | 老天,他在那里 “绝对猛男” 我的天 |
[22:35] | What did I tell you? First the gays, now the girls. | 我不是说过吗 先是同志,然后是女生 |
[22:43] | A hop, skip, and a week later, the industry followed. | 接着过了一个星期后 演艺界也跟进了 |
[22:46] | Gus Van Sant offered Smith the part of a model/hustler/junkie… | 葛斯范桑让史密斯 在他的新电影中 |
[22:51] | in his latest movie, which he happily accepted. | 饰模特儿兼瘾君子一角 史密斯欣然接受 |
[22:55] | You grew up in Connecticut. I went to school there. | 你在康乃狄克州长大? 我在那里念书 |
[22:58] | -Really? Where’d you go? -Yale. | -真的?哪间学校 -耶鲁 哦 |
[23:02] | Something wrong with Yale? | -耶鲁不好吗? |
[23:04] | No, it’s just…. | -不,不,那就是… |
[23:07] | Yale. | 耶鲁 |
[23:08] | Charlotte knew how silly she sounded. | 夏绿蒂知道自己听起来很蠢 |
[23:11] | The problem wasn’t that David went to Yale. | 问题在于他不是哈利 |
[23:13] | The problem was he wasn’t Harry. | |
[23:17] | David, you’re really nice. | 大卫,你人真的很好 |
[23:19] | In fact, you’re perfect. | 事实上你很完美 |
[23:23] | But for where I am right now, you might as well be a gay man with carnations. | 但是我现在的心情 |
[23:27] | Sorry? | 实在是看得到吃不到 |
[23:29] | I’m just not ready to date. | 我不明白 |
[23:31] | okay. | 我还没做好约会的准备 |
[23:34] | You want to go back to my apartment and have sex? | 好 |
[23:36] | No. | -那就跳过这段去我家 -不了 |
[23:37] | Well, figured it was worth asking. | 我只是认为值得一问 |
[23:44] | I think I’m gonna head out. Bye. | 那我走了,再见 |
[23:54] | This blows. The only cute guy just left. | 真无聊,唯一的好男人走了 |
[23:57] | All that’s left is the fatties and the baidies. | 剩下来的非肥即秃 |
[24:00] | Charlotte could only hope that one of the baidies was her baidy. | 夏绿蒂只希望其中一个秃头 是她所爱的秃头 |
[24:25] | out of all the synagogues in all the cities, you had to walk into mine. | 城里这么多犹太教堂 你偏偏走进我这间 哈利 |
[24:33] | How have you been? | 最近好不好? |
[24:36] | Not good. | 不好 |
[24:39] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[24:42] | And being away from you only made it all the more clear how much I love you. | 离开你以后 我才知道我有多爱你 |
[24:47] | -Charlotte– -Wait. Let me finish. | -夏绿蒂 -等等,让我说完 |
[24:51] | I don’t care if you ever marry me. | 我不在乎你会不会娶我 |
[24:54] | I just wanna be with you. | 我只想跟你在一起 |
[24:57] | I would be lucky to have you. | 我有你就够了 |
[25:02] | So if you could find some way to forgive me, if you could just call me… | 如果你能原谅我 就打电话给我 |
[25:05] | or just ask me out again? | 或者再约我出去 |
[25:11] | That’s not good enough. | 那样还不够 |
[25:26] | Will you marry me? | 夏绿蒂约克 你愿意嫁给我吗? |
[25:31] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[25:33] | Yes, I’ll marry you. | 我愿意嫁给你 |
[25:39] | I am so coming back next week. | 我下礼拜一定还要再来 |
[25:51] | It wasn’t a pineapple, but it was just as weird. | 那不是凤梨 但还是一样怪 |
[25:54] | And there was only one other person who would really appreciate it. | 只有另外一个人 才能跟我分享这件事 |
[25:58] | At that moment, I knew I wasn’t ready to let Berger go. | 那时,我了解到 我没办法跟柏格分手 |
[26:01] | okay, people, you’re released. | 好,大家可以回去了 |
[26:09] | Who is it? | -哪位? |
[26:11] | It’s me. I’m back. | -是我,我回来了 |
[26:15] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[26:16] | When it comes to a trial, you have to listen to the evidence. | 在审判时,你必须听取证据 |
[26:19] | But when it comes to the trials of love… | 在爱的审判时 |
[26:22] | you have to listen to your heart. | 你必须听从自己的心 |
[26:24] | I didn’t know what Berger’s verdict would be, but I knew mine. | 我不知道柏格的决定会是什么 |
[26:35] | I hear they’re making a comeback. | 但我知道我的 |
[26:45] | I know things have been bad, but I really think– | 我听说它们又开始流行 |
[26:47] | I know. | -我知道事情很不顺利,但… -我知道 |
[26:50] | I love you, Carrie. | 我爱你,凯莉 |
[26:52] | I wanna try to make this work. | 我想要挽回 |
[26:59] | You’re never going to believe it. The mango guy… | 你绝不会相信 那个带芒果的人,拿出了… |
[27:02] | -he pulled out– -A pineapple? | -一颗凤梨? -一颗椰子 |
[27:04] | A coconut. | -就差一点 -没错 |
[27:06] | -So close. -I know. | (对不起,我办不到 别恨我) |