时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | So, I’m happy to be here. | 首先我很高兴来这儿 |
[00:03] | It’s very nice to see all of you. | 很高兴能够见到大家 |
[00:05] | You’re all looking well. | 你们看上去都精神不错 |
[00:06] | Today is a “women in the workplace ” thing. | 今天是”职场女性”日 |
[00:09] | Jan’s coming in from Corporate | 简从总公司赶过来 |
[00:11] | to talk to all the women about | 来和全体女职工谈 |
[00:14] | I don’t really know what. | 实际上我也不清楚 |
[00:16] | But Michael’s not allowed in | 但是她不让迈克进会议室 |
[00:18] | She said that about five times | 她已经强调了五次 |
[00:20] | Women today, | 如今的女性 |
[00:21] | though we have the same options as men, | 尽管和男性有着同样的选择权 |
[00:23] | we often face a very different set of obstacles | 但为了实现目标我们常要面对与男性 |
[00:27] | In getting there. So… | 完全不同的挑战因此 |
[00:28] | — Hey, what’s going on? – Michael… | 一嘿谈的怎么样了-迈克 |
[00:30] | Yeah, you know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[00:30] | I thought we agreed you wouldn’t be here. | 我们不是商量好了你不能进来 |
[00:32] | I thought about it. I just have a few things I want to say. | 我想了一下我只有几件事要说 |
[00:35] | — What are you doing? – Just hear me out. | 一你要干什么-听我说完 |
[00:38] | What is more important than quality? | 比质量更加重要的是什么 |
[00:41] | Now, studies show that today’s woman | 有研究表明今天的女性 |
[00:43] | the Ally Mc Beal Woman, as I call her, | 我称之为”甜心俏佳人”的女性 |
[00:46] | is at a crossroads. | 正处人生的十字路口 |
[00:47] | – Michael… – And… No, just. | 迈克…-别打断… |
[00:49] | You have come a long way, baby. | 你们这一路走来确实不易姑娘们 |
[00:51] | But I just want to keep it within reason. | 但”平等应该被控制在合理范围内 |
[00:53] | Michael. | |
[00:54] | They did this up in Albany… | 他们在阿尔巴尼这么做 |
[00:55] | You are not allowed in this session, okay? | 你不该加入这部分的讨论好吗 |
[00:56] | … and they ended up turning | … 但结果是他们把 |
[00:58] | the break room into a lactation room, which is disgusting. | 休息室变成了哺乳室这很让人恶心 |
[01:00] | Now you’re really not allowed in this session. | 现在你真的应该出去了 |
[01:02] | Well, I’m their boss. | 好吧我是他们的老板 |
[01:03] | I am your boss. | 我是你的老板 |
[01:10] | Anybody want any coffee or anything? | 有人想喝咖啡或者其他什么吗 |
[01:11] | We’re fine, Michael. | 不用了迈克 |
[01:12] | We just need you to leave, please. | 我们只想请让你离开 |
[01:13] | Women in the workplace. | 职场女性日 |
[01:15] | Yeah. Translation, | 好吧翻译一下就是 |
[01:16] | I have been banned from my own conference room | 我被禁止进入我自己的会议室 |
[01:19] | so that Jan can talk in secret to all the girls. | 以便简和所有的姑娘秘密谈话 |
[01:21] | Whoa, sorry. Women of the workplace. | 不好意思谈职场女性日嘛 |
[01:23] | About what? I don’t know. | 谈什么呢我不好说 |
[01:25] | Clothes. Me. | 衣服啊我啊 |
[01:29] | Ladies, I am so, so sorry. | 女士们我真的真的很抱歉 |
[01:32] | Can we start again? | 我们能从头开始吗 |
[01:33] | We were on such a roll. | 我们正谈得顺利呢 |
[01:35] | D UNDER – I really apologize… -. Jan? | |
[01:36] | -… for that. – Ye s, Pam? | . 道歉了一怎么了佩姆 |
[01:38] | Michael’s still at the door. – Michael! | |
[01:55] | ootb all | |
[02:13] | So, one obstacle | 那么其中一个障碍 |
[02:14] | is how assertiveness is perceived differently | 是针对自信在男性和女性 |
[02:16] | in men and women. | 中的不同理解 |
[02:17] | Men who are assertive tend to be admired. | 有自信的男性更容易被赏识 |
[02:20] | They’re called… | 他们被称作 |
[02:22] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[02:23] | That’s a terrible idea. | 那不是个好主意 |
[02:25] | What is? | |
[02:27] | Them in there all together. | 她们聚在里边 |
[02:29] | They stay in there too long, | 在里边一起呆的时间太长 |
[02:30] | they’re gonna get on the same cycle. | 月经周期就会同步 |
[02:33] | Wreak havoc on our plumbing. | 最终对自来水管造成严重破坏 |
[02:36] | Everyone? Guys? Circle up, please. | 所有人男子汉们过来好吗 |
[02:39] | Come on over. Bring your chairs. | 过来带上椅子 |
[02:41] | Toby? Come on over. | 托比快过来 |
[02:44] | You’re a guy, too. Sort of. | 某种意义上讲你也是男性吧 |
[02:47] | Let’s do this! | 开始吧 |
[02:49] | Well, first of all, I just want to warm up a litle bit. | 首先我想先简单地暖暖场子 |
[02:52] | Let’s just clap. | 我们鼓掌吧 |
[02:53] | Let’s just clap. Ready? | 鼓掌准备好了吗 |
[02:56] | Yeah! Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! | 没错没错这正是我想要的 |
[02:58] | Okay, I don’t know what you’re doing here, Michael… | 我不知道你想干什么迈克… |
[03:00] | Just having a little “guys in the workplace ” thing | 职场男性”的事 |
[03:02] | … but it’s very disruptive. | 但是这非常扰人 |
[03:04] | Why can’t boys play with dolls? | 为什么男孩不能玩洋娃娃 |
[03:08] | Why does society | |
[03:10] | force us to use urinals, | 强制要求我们使用小便池 |
[03:12] | when sitting down is far more comfortable? | 但箕实坐着要舒服千百倍 |
[03:14] | Can you please do this somewhere else, Michael? | 你能在其他地方讨论这个吗 |
[03:15] | We have nowhere else, Jan. | 我们没有其他地方了简 |
[03:18] | — This… – We could do it in the warehouse. | 以去仓库讨论 以 |
[03:20] | Dwight. Excellent idea. Go to the warehouse. | 杜怀特好主意快去仓库 |
[03:22] | Okay, fine. Actually, perfect. Perfect. | 好吧行吧实际上很好很好 |
[03:25] | You know what? | 知道吗先生们 |
[03:26] | There is another side to this place, gentlemen. | 这公司还有另外一面男士们 |
[03:29] | And I know we all love | 我知道我们都爱 |
[03:30] | our cushy jobs and our fun, exciting office, | 轻松的工作和有趣刺激的办公室 |
[03:33] | but do you realize that underneath us, | 但你们有没有意识到 在我们之下 |
[03:35] | there’s another world? | 还有另外一个世界 |
[03:36] | The warehouse world. | 仓库世界 |
[03:38] | A world that is teeming with sweat and dirt and life. | 一个充满了汗水灰尘和生活的世界 |
[03:44] | Life. | 生命啊 |
[03:45] | The bowels of the office. | 在办公室的地下深处 |
[03:47] | These guys are down there, | 这些伙计们到下面去 |
[03:49] | they are real men, doing real men’s work. | |
[03:51] | We are going to learn how a warehouse works. | |
[03:57] | I think this is gonna work out great. | 我觉得这一定会非常成功的 |
[03:59] | Because managing the warehouse | 因为管理仓库 |
[04:01] | is a very important part of my job | |
[04:03] | and I haven’t been there in months. | 但我已经几个月没有下去过了 |
[04:29] | Remember on Lost when they met The Others? | 还记得美剧迷失里”其他人”出场的时候吗 |
[04:34] | am so sorry about that. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[04:37] | So, where were we? | 那么我们说到哪儿了 |
[04:38] | Pam, are you okay taking notes, then? | 佩姆接下来做记录没问题吧 |
[04:41] | – Please? – Yeah | |
[04:42] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[04:44] | So, let’s meet the warehouse! | 让我们来见识下仓库吧 |
[04:45] | Let’s get some shots. | 先来拍几张照吧 |
[04:48] | Pan around there. | 镜头指向那 |
[04:50] | This is Darryl. One of our warehouse staff. | 这是戴洛 我们仓库的员工之一 |
[04:53] | Darryl, what is your biggest fear? | 戴洛你最害怕什么 |
[04:56] | My biggest fear is that someone will distract us | 我最怕有人会来打扰我们 |
[04:58] | from getting all the shipments out on time. | 让我们不能准时出货 |
[05:00] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[05:00] | Darryl is actually the foreman here, | 戴洛其实是这儿的领班 |
[05:02] | and not Roy, which is cool. | 不是罗伊还好不是 |
[05:04] | There’s Roy, riding the big rig. | 那是罗伊开着大货车 |
[05:06] | So, Roy is actually going to | 其实罗伊在今年夏天 |
[05:08] | be marrying Pam sometime this summer | 就要娶佩姆了 |
[05:10] | And she’s our receptionist. | 佩姆是我们的前台 |
[05:12] | Sort of a ” Brangelina ” thing. | 有点像”布拉吉丽娜” |
[05:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:16] | ” Brangelina ” is the Brad Pitt and Angelina. | 布拉青丽娜”是布拉德·皮特和安吉丽娜 |
[05:19] | I don’t understand | 我不明自 |
[05:20] | Roy… Roy and Pam. | 罗伊… 罗伊和佩姆 |
[05:21] | It’s a ” Ram. ” It’s a ” Ram” thing. | 应该叫”罗姆”是”罗姆”的结合 |
[05:23] | I bet Roy heard about you liking Pam. | 我打赌罗伊听说了你喜欢佩姆的事 |
[05:27] | I bet he’ll try to beat you up. | 我打赌他可能会揍你一顿 |
[05:30] | Thanks for the heads up, Kev. | 多谢提醒凯文 |
[05:32] | I got your back, if he does. | 如果他打你的话我会帮你的 |
[05:37] | But try to stay out of it. | 但我劝你最好别和他打 |
[05:40] | DVEBYTE3 O2 Just in case there’s somebody | 这个是以防有的天才 |
[05:41] | down here who shouldn’t be. | 在仓库里被埋没了 |
[05:42] | A little Good Will Hunting situation. | 有点像《心灵捕手》 里的设定 |
[05:45] | All right. Troops. | 好了大伙儿们 |
[05:46] | MIFFLIN This is an important day, a big day | 今天是很重要的一天 |
[05:50] | Now, you may look around | 现在你们看看四周 |
[05:53] | and see two groups here. | 会看到这里有两个小组 |
[05:56] | White collar, blue collar. | 白领蓝领 |
[05:57] | But I don’t see it that way. And you know why not? | 但我不这么看知道为什么吗 |
[06:01] | Because I am collar-blind. | 因为我是”领盲 |
[06:05] | Why don’t we go around the table | 我们来轮流发言 |
[06:06] | and all say something that we know we’re good at? | 大家都说说看自己擅长些什么 |
[06:09] | I will start. I am good at public speaking. | 我先开始我擅长公开演讲 |
[06:12] | Hi. I’m Meredith, and I’m an… | 大家好我是梅瑞狄斯我… |
[06:15] | Good at supplier relations. | 我擅长处理与供应商的关系 |
[06:16] | Great! Phyllis? | 很好你呢菲莉丝 |
[06:19] | I’m good at computer stuff. | 我擅长电脑操作 |
[06:20] | E- mails, spreadsheets. All that. | 电子邮件电子表格等等这些 |
[06:24] | I don’t know. I thought that… | 我不知道我觉得 |
[06:26] | No. Okay. Stop. | 好了停一下 |
[06:27] | You know, I’ve seen some of your spreadsheets, | 我看过一些你做的电子表格 |
[06:28] | and I almost always… | 我总是觉得 |
[06:29] | Really? I thought they were pretty… | 真的吗我认为做得挺好的… |
[06:31] | I don’t know how I fit in with these women | 我不知道该如何去融入这些女人 |
[06:34] | here, or with Jan. | 在公司或是如何适应简 |
[06:37] | I mean, we get along great. Fine. | 我的意思是我们相处得很融洽 很好 |
[06:41] | I guess the person I have the most in common with is… | 我觉得最有共同话题的人是… |
[06:45] | Jim Halpert! | 吉姆·哈柏特 |
[06:48] | Hey, I, you know, | 嘿你知道吗 |
[06:50] | heard there’s a rumor going around about | 我有听到一些谣言 |
[06:52] | 说你以前喜欢过佩姆 | |
[06:54] | – Oh, no, no. – No, no, it’s cool, | -不不-不这没什么 |
[06:56] | ’cause I know you’re a good guy, | 我知道你是个好人 |
[06:58] | and I know that that crush ended a long time ago. | 我也知道那是很久以前的事情了 |
[07:00] | So, you know, we’re cool. All right? | 所以我们之间没事对吧 |
[07:03] | Yeah. No, yeah. Definitely. | 是的对我们当然没问题 |
[07:05] | You know, it’s great with me.’Cause that way… | 其实我觉得这样挺好的因为 |
[07:08] | I’m glad she has a friend at work | 我很开心她有个朋友 |
[07:09] | she can get through the day with | 能在工作的时候陪她聊天 |
[07:10] | Oh. And then she’s not all “bap, bap, bap, bap, | 这样她就不会总在我面前叭叭 |
[07:12] | you know, when she gets home. | 她每次回家都会这样 |
[07:13] | Yeah. I like talking to her, too. | 是的我也喜欢和她说话 |
[07:14] | — So, we’re cool, right? – Yes. Yeah. | 一所以我们没事对吗-是的是的 |
[07:18] | — Yup. Cool, man. – Good. All right. Sweet. | 好的 -好的没什么 |
[07:29] | Hey, Mike, look. How about we go upstairs, too? | 嘿迈克我们也到楼上看看怎么样 |
[07:31] | — You know, learn how an office works. – Oh, well. | 看看办公室是怎么工作的-这个… |
[07:34] | — We can both switch places for the day. Okay. Yeah. | 我们可以试试交换工作场地-好吧 |
[07:36] | You know what? I don’t… You… Your… | 你知道吗我并不认为… 你们.. |
[07:39] | My job sucks compared to this. | 我的工作跟你们比起来无聊极了 |
[07:40] | I don’t think you’d like it up there. | 我觉得你们不会想到上面去工作的 |
[07:41] | An experience… | 我们可以体验一下.. |
[07:42] | Guys! Want to start unloading the truck? | 伙计们可以开始卸货了吗 |
[07:46] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好了开工 |
[07:48] | Step up. | |
[07:49] | Check this out. | 快看这个 |
[07:51] | Look at that. Look at that. | 看这里看这里 |
[07:54] | Hello, how are… Okay. | 你好… 好吧 |
[07:59] | That’s great. That is good stuff. | 好极了这是个好东西 |
[08:02] | In five years, I’d like to be five years sober. | 在接下来的五年我想保持清醒不醉 |
[08:06] | That is an excellent goal. | 这是个很棒的目标 |
[08:08] | Four and a half. | |
[08:10] | I’ll tell you one thing. | 我来说 |
[08:11] | I am not gonna be one of those women | 我不想要成为那种 |
[08:13] | schlepping her kids around in a minivan. | 开着小型轿车带孩子出去玩的女人 |
[08:15] | Great. | 好极了 |
[08:17] | I want an SUV with three rows of seats. | 我想要一辆三排座的越野车 |
[08:20] | That would be great. | 这很好 |
[08:21] | I’ll be honest. | 老实说 |
[08:22] | One of the goals of these women’s seminars is | 做这些妇女研讨会的目的之一 |
[08:24] | to feel out if there’s any standouts women | 是想要看看是否会有一些杰出的女性 |
[08:26] | who could be a valuable addition to our corporate life. | 能对我们总部起到一些帮助 |
[08:32] | Michael wants us to bond, | 迈克希望我们能团结在一起 |
[08:34] | so we need topics for conversation. | 所以我们需要交流一些话题 |
[08:36] | Ponies. | |
[08:38] | How about rainbows? | 彩虹怎么样 |
[08:39] | No. | |
[08:41] | Flowers. – No! | |
[08:42] | That’s dangerous, Mike. Come on, get down off the lift. | 这太危险了迈克马上从这电梯上下来 |
[08:44] | Hey, you’re gonna hurt yourself. Mike! | 你这样会伤到你自己迈克 |
[08:46] | – Stand clear. – Mike, get off of the lift. Please! | 一离远点-迈克拜托你马上下来 |
[08:48] | I’m fine. I’m fine. I’m fine. | -马上下来-我很好 我很好我没事 — Come on, now. 一 |
[08:50] | Look, would you… Look | 听着你可以… 听着 |
[08:59] | We’ll get somebody to clean that up. | 我们会找人来清理的 |
[09:00] | We’re the ones that gotta clean that up! | 你说的不就是我们吗 |
[09:03] | Damn it, Michael! | 该死的迈克 |
[09:05] | We have to have this thing serviced. | 我们得把这东西修好 |
[09:09] | So, guys’gripe session. | 男士吐槽时间 |
[09:11] | Here we are. | 开始吧 |
[09:12] | Now, we definitely live in different worlds. | 虽然我们生活在完全不同的世界 |
[09:16] | but we have a lot in common. | 但是我们有很多共同点 |
[09:18] | We even like the same girls, some of us. | 我们中的一些人甚至喜欢同一个女孩 |
[09:22] | And that’s gonna happen. You know, we’re guys, so… | 这些都有可能发生毕竟我们是男人… |
[09:25] | Hey, do you want me to go? | 嘿你想让我走吗 |
[09:28] | No, why would I? You can… | 不为什么这么说你可以.. |
[09:31] | — I’ll go. -… stay, or… | 我要走了-.. 留下来或者 |
[09:35] | And a big walk-in closet. | 还要有一个大大的步入式衣橱 |
[09:36] | Oh, t that’s part of my dream, to o. – Oh, me, too. | 一这也是我的梦想 一我也是 |
[09:39] | Great. Great. | |
[09:41] | And, Pam? What about you? What is your dream? | 那么佩姆你呢你有什么愿望 |
[09:45] | Well, I always dreamed of a house | 我一直希望能有一个 |
[09:47] | with a terrace upstairs. | 带露台的房子 |
[09:49] | Plant flowers on it, stuff like that. Since I was a girl. | 种些花花草草什么的这是我从小的愿望 |
[09:55] | More seriously, though, | 更重要的是 |
[09:57] | a husband that I love. | 有一个我爱的丈夫 |
[10:01] | And I love to draw. | 我还喜欢画画 |
[10:04] | And I did a little in college, | 我在大学时画了一些 |
[10:05] | and I’d still love to do something where | 所以我现在也还是做一些 |
[10:07] | I could work with art or graphic design in some way. | 与艺术有关或者一些平面设计有关的工作 |
[10:09] | — She’s real good. – Thanks. | -她真的很棒 一谢谢 |
[10:11] | You know, the company is offering | 你知道吗公司在纽约有个 |
[10:13] | a design training program in New York. | 关于设计的培训项目 |
[10:15] | Well, I have a job right now. | 但是我现在有工作在做 |
[10:17] | So, I can’t really take time off. | 我没有时间参加培训 |
[10:18] | Well, it’s only on weekends. | 这个培训只在周末上课 |
[10:20] | And then a few weeks in New York, | 会在纽约举办几个星期 |
[10:22] | but I’m sure that I could ask Corporate to help you out. | 我保证我可以帮你请得到假 |
[10:25] | Well, it’s just that the weekends aren’t good because. | 周末的话我也不太方便因为 |
[10:27] | There are always a million reasons not to do something. | 人们总有无数的借口来逃避 |
[10:33] | Let’s start with the warehouse. | 让我们从仓库这边开始 |
[10:35] | What bothers you as guys? You know? | 有什么困扰你们的事情呢 |
[10:38] | My priority is safety. | 我认为安全第一 |
[10:40] | Okay. | |
[10:41] | So it really bothers me when somebody comes in here, | 所以当某些人过来随便鼓捣我的升降机 |
[10:43] | speeding around on the lift, | 像在鼓捣玩具一样 |
[10:44] | playing with it like a toy. It kind of gets under my skin. | 我就会很烦很恼火 |
[10:46] | Okay. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好行行行 |
[10:48] | Don’t shush me. | |
[10:49] | No, that was just… | 没刚才那是 |
[10:50] | That bothers me, too. | 我也很烦别人嘘我 |
[10:51] | I was breathing. | 我刚只是在呼吸 |
[10:52] | Pam shush es me. It drives me crazy. | 佩姆以前总嘘我快把我搞疯了 |
[10:53] | I hate shushing. You know, that’s the thing. | 我讨厌被嘘知道了不 |
[10:55] | What… Okay. What is our beef, as human men? | 好了 我们还有什么烦心事作为男人来讲 |
[11:00] | You know, that’s a good question, Hasselhoff. | 这真是个睿智的问题啊哈塞尔霍夫 |
[11:05] | Okay. All right. What bugs us? | 好不错有什么困扰我们的 |
[11:07] | Good. Guys ragging on each other. | 不错兄弟们互相打趣 |
[11:09] | That’s what guys do, and we love it. | 这就是我们喜欢的我们爱干的事 |
[11:12] | All right. Let’s talk about clothing. | 好了让我们来聊一聊衣服吧 |
[11:16] | I’m excited about today. I love girl talk. | 我今天很兴奋我喜欢女孩间的聊天 |
[11:20] | Dress for the job you want, not the job you have. | 要为渴望的而不是现在的工作而打扮 |
[11:24] | All right, you can use your clothing to send | 你可以通过你的着装 |
[11:25] | a message about your ambitions | 传递女人的自信 |
[11:27] | by wearing clothes that reflect what you aspire to be. | 展示出你内心渴望的东西 |
[11:30] | I’m not gaining anything from this seminar. | 我没有从这次讨论中学到任何东西 |
[11:32] | I’m a professional woman, | 我是个专业的女人 |
[11:34] | the head of Accounting. | 会计部门的领导 |
[11:36] | I’m in the healthiest relationship of my life. | 我正拥有人生中最健康的恋情 |
[11:39] | I just think it’s insulting | 简认为我们需要这种谈话 |
[11:40] | that Jan thinks we need this. | 简直就是在侮辱我们 |
[11:42] | And apparently, judging from her outfit | 而且通过她的穿衣打扮 |
[11:45] | Jan aspires to be a whore. | 很明显简渴望当一个鸡 |
[11:49] | I hate it when girls insist on taking them | 我讨厌女孩每次都要求 |
[11:51] | out to new restaurants | 去不同的餐馆 |
[11:52] | every weekend night, | 每周末晚上 |
[11:53] | and then they’re like, | 她们还总问 |
[11:54] | ” When are we gonna go on a date-date?” | 什么时候能来一次真正的约会 |
[11:56] | I hate that, too! I hate that, too! | 我也特烦我也特烦 |
[11:58] | That sucks so hard. It totally sucks! | 这种最糟糕了 简直糟糕透顶 |
[12:00] | Yeah, and then they make you | 对然后第二天一早 |
[12:01] | drive them to church the next morning. | 还让你开车载她去教堂 |
[12:03] | Like, ga s ain’t free. | 好像汽油不花钱似的 |
[12:06] | Yeah, on our salaries, man. What do they expect? | 对是咱们自己的工资她们到底想啥呢 |
[12:09] | You know, | 还老是说 |
[12:09] | ” Take us out every weekend,” you know what I mean? | 我们每周末都出去玩吧”这类的话 |
[12:10] | I feel you, man. We’re not millionaires. | 我懂你兄弟 我们也不是百万富翁 |
[12:12] | – I feel you. – No, you don’t. You don’t feel us. | 我懂你-不你不懂你不懂我们 |
[12:15] | How can you? You know what? | 你懂啥啊你啥都不懂 |
[12:16] | Not literally. | 不是这个意思 |
[12:17] | You say we’re the same, | 你嘴上说我们一样 |
[12:18] | — but we get compensated very differently. – Yes. | 一但实际上我们不一样-对 |
[12:20] | We work the same hours as you, | 虽然我们工时相同 |
[12:22] | and you just said we work a lot harder | 但你刚说我们的工作可比你的费力多 |
[12:24] | yes you do. So… | 对啊所以呢 |
[12:25] | But we get paid a lot less. | 但是我们的工资低很多 |
[12:26] | Word. | 真会说 |
[12:28] | – Like, next to no benefits. — I know. | 还没有任何奖金-我知道 |
[12:30] | – God, what is that? – Exactly. | 天啊到底再讲什么啊-是啊 |
[12:32] | It blows. It blows, man! | 谈崩了全崩了兄弟 |
[12:33] | You know, this would not happen if we had a union. | 如果我们有一个工会的话就不会这样了 |
[12:36] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 说到点子上了 |
[12:37] | — Absolutely, that’s what we need to do. – You’re right. | 没错我们需要的是工会-对 |
[12:40] | See, that’s what I’ve been saying, man. | 对啊我也是这个意思 |
[12:42] | We need to do this, finally. | 我们必须要成立工会 |
[12:43] | You know what, is that necessary? | 你们觉得真的有必要吗 |
[12:45] | ‘Cause you already, sort of, have a union of guys. | 因为你们基本上也算有个联盟了 |
[12:48] | It’s more than necessary, Mike. We need this. | 必须要成立迈克我们需要工会 |
[12:50] | – Roy? – Yeah? | |
[12:51] | 12×81/2° Do you still have that card from the dockworkers’union? | 码头工人工会的卡片你还留着呢吗 |
[12:53] | Dockworkers? In my truck. | 码头工人在我卡车里呢 |
[12:55] | Come on, man. Yeah. | 快去快去拿来 |
[12:58] | You know what? I think our problem is the chicks. | 兄弟们我觉得我们的问题可能和女人有关 |
[13:00] | — The problem is the chicks. -Union! Yeah! | -女人才是问题所在-工会万岁 |
[13:02] | And you gotta blame them. | 你们其实要怪罪她们 |
[13:06] | — Are you with us, Mike? – Yeah… | 一你站在我们这边吗迈克-对啊 |
[13:09] | Welcome to the warehouse. | 欢迎来到仓库 |
[13:11] | Michael! Michael! Michael! Michael! | 迈克迈克迈克迈克 |
[13:17] | Another issue is in eg uality of pay between | 关于男女不平等的另一问题就是 |
[13:19] | men and women. | 薪水不同 |
[13:20] | I’m sure that all of you have dealt with that before. | 我肯定你们之前都经历过这种情况 |
[13:23] | This is important. Ladies, take a breather. | 接下来的事很重要女士们深吸一口气 |
[13:26] | Jan, I | |
[13:29] | wanted… | |
[13:31] | Can I help you? | 看什么看 |
[13:34] | I wanted to say that the guys downstairs are thinking | 我想和你说楼下的一大帮兄弟们 |
[13:37] | about forming a union, | 想成立一个工会 |
[13:38] | – and they have some good points. – What? A union? | 他们有很多不错的想法-工会 一 |
[13:40] | — Don’t get hysterical. – I’m not. | 别太激动了-手 我没有激动 |
[13:41] | Part of my job is knowing how to talk to women. | 我的工作也包括如何和女人正确沟通 |
[13:44] | Let’s be rational here. | 让我们先理性的思考 |
[13:48] | What are the pros? What are the cons? | 想想这件事情的好处与坏处 |
[13:49] | The cons are that everyone | 坏处就是所有人 |
[13:50] | will lose their job, Michael. Everyone. | 都会丢掉工作迈克 |
[13:52] | Office, warehouse… | 办公室的人仓库的人 |
[13:55] | What do you think the pros are here? | 你觉得成立后有什么好处 |
[13:58] | Don’t talk to me that way, please. Just… | 请不要用这种语气和我说话 |
[14:02] | They’re gonna want to hear this from you. | 或许你和他们当面谈一谈会比较好 |
[14:04] | You got yourself into this, Michael, so… | 你自己搞出来的事情迈克所以… |
[14:05] | We’re bonding down there…. | 我们是 根绳上的蚂蚱 |
[14:06] | you get yourself out of it. That’s too bad. | 你别想之身而退这样不行 |
[14:08] | I just don’t want to have to tell them something | 我只是不想对他们说这些 |
[14:10] | they’re not gonna want to hear. | 他们不爱听的话 |
[14:11] | Now who’s getting hysterical? | 看看现在是谁激动了 |
[14:12] | Okay. Come on, Jan. | |
[14:13] | After all we’ve been through.. | 回头想想我们的曾经 |
[14:14] | Michael, Michael… | 迈克迈克 |
[14:15] | We have a history. We have a history between us. | 我们有过历史我们的过去别忘了 |
[14:18] | Michael. Don’t say another word. | 迈克你要再敢说一个字 |
[14:20] | Get yourself downstairs. | 马上去楼下仓库 |
[14:22] | I’m just saying that we have something. Okay. Whatever. | 我只是说我们之间有过交情好吧算了 |
[14:28] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[14:30] | We could get this done a lot quicker | 如果我们建立一个流水线 |
[14:31] | if we formed a type of assembly line. | 这边的工作会加快很多 |
[14:33] | This here is a “run out the clock ” situation. | 我们使用的是拖时间战术 |
[14:37] | Just like upstairs. | 和楼上一样 |
[14:40] | Sports metaphors are one of the ways | 体育话题对于办公室的 |
[14:42] | women feel left out of the language of the office. | 女性工作者来讲一直都是短板 |
[14:44] | Now, I know this might sound silly, | 我这种我接下来的话可能听起来有点傻 |
[14:46] | but many women ask to go over it, so, | 但好多女孩都想学习一下所以 |
[14:48] | “fumble ” means… | 失球的意思是 |
[14:49] | – Mistake. — Slip. | 犯错了-漏接 |
[14:51] | ” Par for the course ” is a golf term. | 标准击球杆数是一个高尔夫术语 |
[14:53] | It means “right on track. | 意思是不多不少 |
[14:55] | ” Below par ” means “worse. | “次等货”的意思是”更差劲 |
[14:58] | Wait. That should mean better. | 等等这意思不是”更好”吗 |
[15:00] | That doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[15:00] | What about “second base “? | 什么叫”二垒 |
[15:02] | Like, if Michael said he got to second base with you, | 就上次迈克说和你上了二垒 |
[15:06] | does that mean you, I like, closed a deal? | 意思是你做了一单销售还是 |
[15:08] | Excuse me? | |
[15:08] | I mean, that’s a baseball term, right? | 那是棒球术语不是吗 |
[15:10] | I don’t know what Michael was talking about. I don’t know. | 我不知道迈克当时在说什么我不知道 |
[15:14] | Like, you went to Chili’s, | 就比如你们俩去了红辣椒餐厅 |
[15:16] | and he got to second base with you. | 他和你上了二垒 |
[15:17] | Excuse me. | 请稍等下 |
[15:18] | Kelly, I don’t know what Michael was talking about. | 凯丽我不知道迈克在说什么 |
[15:21] | He just told everybody, | 他对每个人都说过这事 |
[15:21] | and I just want to know if that’s… | 我只是想知道那个意思是不是 |
[15:25] | How’s it going down there? | 下面的情况怎么样 |
[15:26] | It’s a complete… Well, actually, | 那简直是一团… 事实上 |
[15:28] | it’s exactly what you’d expect, , SO… | 就像你能想的那样 |
[15:30] | How are the girls? – Good. | 一女生那边情况怎么样-很好 |
[15:32] | We watched a video about our changing bodies. | 我们看了一部关于我们生理变化的视频 |
[15:35] | — Did you really? – No. | 你们真的..-没有 |
[15:36] | Almost. | 差不多这样了 |
[15:39] | But, hey, something kind of cool, | 话说有件好事 |
[15:42] | the re’s this internship in graphic design | 简告诉我们总部的 |
[15:44] | that Jan was telling us about. | 图表设计部门有一个实习岗位 |
[15:46] | She made it sound, like, really great. | 她说得好像很棒的样子 |
[15:48] | Nice! Well, what’s it all about? | 很好啊那是做什么工作的 |
[15:50] | I think you should do it. | 我觉得你应该试一试 |
[15:52] | That’s great! It’s really cool. | 那太棒了 |
[15:56] | Cold front coming into the warehouse! | 寒潮席卷仓库 |
[16:01] | Better put on your ski boots! | 把你们的雪靴都穿好了 |
[16:07] | Happy New Year, Darryl | 新年快乐戴洛 |
[16:11] | Hey, Darryl. | |
[16:14] | You ever done this? | 你以前这样做过吗 |
[16:18] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[16:19] | I’m divorced. | 我离婚了 |
[16:21] | That must have been hard. | 那一定很糟心 |
[16:22] | It was, yes. | 是的确实 |
[16:23] | You were probably feeling really depressed and sad, | 你当时一定很伤心很难过 |
[16:26] | and that’s why you did that thing with Michael. | 那就是你和迈克做了那事的原因 |
[16:28] | I think you should all spend | 我觉得你们都应该花更多的时间在 |
[16:30] | a little more time thinking about your careers, | 思考怎么做好自己的事业上 |
[16:31] | and less time on personal stuff. | 不要成天在这里八卦别人 |
[16:33] | I think we’re all okay with the balance we’ve struck. | 我觉得我们都把这个度掌握得很好 |
[16:36] | At least you don’t have kids. | 至少你没有生小孩 |
[16:37] | You have no kids, right? Thank God. | 你没小孩对吧谢天谢地 |
[16:39] | Okay. Let’s take five. I think we could all use five. | 好吧休息五分钟我们都可以休息下了 |
[16:44] | How can someone so beautiful be so sad? | 一个如此美人怎么会过得这么丧 |
[16:50] | Hi. – Did you take care of the situation? | 一 |
[16:53] | Yeah. Yeah. Yes. I have… | 嗯嗯嗯我处理 |
[16:56] | Excuse me. Excuse me…. | 大家听我说以下 |
[16:57] | essentially, yes, I have taken… | 本质上我已经 |
[16:59] | I’m told that there has been some | 我被告知你们现在 |
[17:00] | interest in forming a union, | 有成立一个工会的意愿 |
[17:02] | and that Michael supported it. | 迈克很支持这个想法 |
[17:03] | Obviously, he’s not a friend of yours, | 很显然他并不是你们的真朋友 |
[17:05] | because he didn’t tell you the facts. So, let me. | 因为他没有对你们说实话所以我来说 |
[17:08] | If there is even a whiff of unionizing in this branch, | 如果这个部门有一丝成立工会的苗头 |
[17:11] | I can guarantee you the branch Products | 我敢向你们保证这个部门 |
[17:12] | RIE CYCLED | 立马就会被关闭像这样 |
[17:13] | They unionized in Pittsfield, | 那些工人在皮茨菲尔德成立了工会 |
[17:15] | and we all know what happened in Pittsfield. | D UNDER 我们后来都知道发生了什么 |
[17:17] | It will cost each of you a fortune | NEW DIME I 光是诉讼费和工会会费 |
[17:19] | NEW in legal fees and union dues, | 就会浪费掉你们大把大把的钱 |
[17:20] | and that will be nothing compared | 但跟你们失业比起来 |
[17:22] | to the cost of losing your jobs. | 这些都不算什么 |
[17:23] | So I would think long and hard | 我觉得你们该在牺牲自己的积蓄 |
[17:25] | before sacrificing your savings and your futures | 和未来只为达到示威效果之前 |
[17:27] | just to send a message. | 再三考虑一下应该怎么做 |
[17:29] | If you have any further questions, | 如果你们还有什么问题 |
[17:31] | you can direct them to… | |
[17:34] | To Michael. | 询问迈克 |
[17:39] | Dreams are just that. They’re dreams | 梦想就是这样它们只是梦想 |
[17:41] | They help get you through the day. | 它们帮助你度过每一天 |
[17:44] | Like the thing about the terrace. It’s nice, | 就像那个露台一样真的很棒 |
[17:46] | but, I don’t know, | 但是我不知道 |
[17:48] | it was just something I read in this book when I was 12. | 那只是我十二岁的时候在书里读过的故事 |
[17:51] | The girl in the book has a terrace outside of her bedroom, | 一个小女孩在她的卧室外有一个露台 |
[17:55] | and she planted flowers on it, | 她在那里种了花 |
[17:57] | and I just loved that. | 我就是很喜欢这种意境 |
[18:00] | It just always kind of stuck with me. | 在我脑海里一直挥之不去 |
[18:02] | So, you’re not doing it. | 所以你决定不去了 |
[18:06] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[18:08] | Why not? | 为什么又不去了 |
[18:09] | It’s just, like… No big reason. | 只是… 没什么特别的原因 |
[18:12] | — Just a bunch of little reasons. – Come on. | |
[18:15] | Roy’s right. There’s no guarantee | 罗伊是对的这没有任何保证 |
[18:17] | it’s gonna lead to anything, anyway. | 去了也不一定会什么改变 |
[18:18] | Roy said that? | 因为罗伊这样说 |
[18:21] | What? You have something you want to say? | 什么你想说什么 |
[18:25] | You gotta take a chance on something, some time, Pam. | 佩姆有些时候你真的应该敢于尝试一些 |
[18:29] | I mean, do you want to be a reception is t here, always? | 我的意思是你难道想在这里一直做前台吗 |
[18:32] | Oh, excuse me, I’m fine with my choices. | 不好意思我对我做的选择很满意 |
[18:36] | You are? | |
[18:37] | Yeah. | |
[18:40] | It’s impractical. | 那不切实际 |
[18:41] | I’m not gonna try to get a house like that. | 我永远也不可能拥有那样的房子 |
[18:45] | They don’t even make houses like that in Scranton. | 在斯克兰顿他们甚至不会造那种房子 |
[18:48] | So, I’m never gonna… | 所以我永远不会… |
[18:57] | I’m just gonna put this over there. | 我把这些放在这里 |
[19:01] | This is not a good idea, right here. | 这真不是一个好主意 |
[19:05] | Easy does it. Okay. | 就这么简单好吧 |
[19:13] | Pizza. Great equalizer. | 披萨解决纷争的万灵药 |
[19:17] | Rich people love pizza. Poor people love pizza. | 富人喜欢穷人喜欢 |
[19:20] | White people love pizza. Black people love pizza. | 自人喜欢黑人也喜欢 |
[19:23] | Do black people like pizza? | 黑人喜欢披萨吗 |
[19:39] | Look, guys, I’m sorry. | 大家我很抱歉 |
[19:41] | Sometimes Jan can be such a bitch. | 有些时候简就是太器张跋扈了 |
[19:45] | Yeah. Yeah. | |
[19:47] | 注意点注意点 | |
[19:49] | HOTBOX We have a relationship. | 我们正在交往 |
[19:50] | Thank you to our hosts. | 感谢你们尽地主之谊了 |
[19:52] | Hey, Michael! | |
[19:54] | This a in’t over. | 这事还没完 |
[20:04] | Excellent. | 棒极了 |
[20:05] | Is it good to be back? Yeah. | 回来的感觉棒极了 |
[20:07] | I mean, I love the guy stuff, | 我是说我喜欢和男生们混 |
[20:09] | but to run an office, you need men and women. | 但是一间办公室必须有男有女 |
[20:11] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[20:13] | Because you need to have that crazy sexual tension | 因为需要一种让人性奋的气氛 |
[20:16] | to keep things interesting | 来保证生活不乏味 |
[20:29] | D under Mifflin, this is Pam. | 敦德·密弗林我是佩姆 |
[20:33] | Hold, please. | 请稍等 |
[20:40] | Snow angels. Snow angels. | 我是雪精灵我是雪精灵 |