时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Yeah, I’m not a temp anymore. I got Jim’s, uh, old job. | 对啊 我现在不是临时工了 Jim以前的工作 呃 现在由我负责了 |
[00:16] | Which means, at my ten-year high school reunion, | 这就意味着高中同学十年聚会的时候 |
[00:18] | it will not say, “Ryan Howard is a temp.” | 他们不会说”Ryan Howard是个临时工” |
[00:21] | “Ryan Howard is a junior sales associate at a mid-range paper supply firm.” | 他们会说”Ryan Howard是个初级销售助理 供职于一家中等规模的纸品供应公司” |
[00:26] | That’ll show’em. | 我终于可以扬眉吐气了 |
[00:45] | You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that. | 你知道吗 我等这一刻等了好久 |
[00:50] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[00:54] | I think we’re just drunk. | 我觉得我们只是醉了 |
[00:56] | No, I’m not drunk. Are you drunk ? | 不 我没醉 你醉了吗? |
[01:00] | No. | 没有 |
[01:04] | Jim. | |
[01:09] | You’re really gonna marry him ? | 你真的要嫁给他吗? |
[01:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:22] | Jim is gone. He’s gone. I miss him so much. | Jim走了 他走了 我想死他了 |
[01:28] | Oh, I cry myself to sleep. Jim ! | 噢 每天我都哭喊着他的名字入睡 Jim? |
[01:32] | False. I do not miss him. | 装的 |
[01:37] | The Office US 3×01 “Gay Witch Hunt” | 我才不想他 |
[01:39] | Transcript : Nikki Subtitles be the Catch-22 Team EZtoms, Keyshawn, Occeane, Titus Pullo, Unfold. | 搜捕同性恋 |
[02:07] | No, that is the fun of this place. | 不 这样我们这个办公室才好玩啊 |
[02:09] | I call everybody “faggy.” Why would anyone find that offensive ? | 我管每个人都叫”玻璃”(同性恋的贬称) 怎么会有人觉得被冒犯呢? |
[02:11] | Okay, I think Oscar would just like if you used “lame” or something like that. | 好吧 我觉得Oscar可能 更喜欢你用白痴之类的称呼 |
[02:15] | – That’s what “faggy” means. – No, not really. | – “玻璃” 就是指那个意思啊 – 不 不算是 |
[02:18] | – Apparently, you called Oscar faggy. – Yeah. | – 很显然 你叫Oscar玻璃 – 是 |
[02:21] | For liking the move “Shakespeare in Love” more than an action movie. | 就像《恋爱中的莎士比亚》 而不是什么动作电影 |
[02:25] | It wasn’t just an action move, it was “Die Hard.” | 那不仅仅是部动作电影 那可是《虎胆龙威》 |
[02:27] | All, all right, Michael, but Oscar’s really gay. | 好 好了 Michael 事实上Oscar就是个同志 |
[02:29] | – Exactly. – I mean for real. | – 我就说吗 – 我不是在开玩笑 |
[02:31] | – Yeah, I know. – No, he’s attracted to other men. | – 是啊 我知道 – 不 他对男人感兴趣 |
[02:34] | Okay, little too far. Crossed the line. | 好 太过火了 越过界了 |
[02:37] | Okay, I am telling you, Oscar is an actual homosexual. | 好 我实话告诉你 Oscar是同性恋 |
[02:45] | Yeah, he told me this morning. | 对 他今早告诉我的 |
[02:47] | And obviously he hopes he can count on your discretion. | 很明显 他希望你在那么叫他之前 好好斟酌一下 |
[02:50] | I would’ve never called him that if I knew. | 我要是知道他是同志 我就不会那么称呼他了 |
[02:52] | You don’t… you don’t call retarded people retards. | 你不会… 你不会当着智障的人面叫他弱智 |
[02:57] | It’s bad taste. You call your friends retards when they’re acting retarded. | 那样就太不厚道了 你会叫你的朋友弱智 当他们表现得弱智 |
[03:03] | And I consider Oscar a friend. | 我当Oscar是我朋友 |
[03:06] | Listen man, I am so sorry. I had no idea. | 听着 伙计 对不起 我一点都不知道 |
[03:10] | – Oh, it’s fine. – No. | – 哦 没关系 – 不 |
[03:11] | – It’s okay, it’s okay. – No, it’s not. I just- | – 没事的 没事的 – 不 有事 我只是… |
[03:13] | I feel terrible about it. I… | 我感觉很糟糕 我… |
[03:15] | I have been calling people faggy since I was in junior high, | 我在初中的时候叫别人玻璃了 |
[03:20] | and I have never made this mistake. | 但是我从来没有犯过这样的错误 |
[03:22] | If I don’t know how to behave, | 如果我不知道怎样行为举止 |
[03:24] | it is because I am just so far the opposite way. | 那只是因为我本意并非如此 |
[03:29] | You know ? I’m just- I-I can’t even imagine- the… thing. | 你明白吗? 我只是… 我 我只是想象不到事情是…那样 |
[03:35] | Maybe we could go out for a beer sometime, and you could tell me… | 也许我们什么时候可以出去喝杯啤酒 你可以跟我讲讲… |
[03:40] | how you do that to another dude. | 你跟另外一个男的是怎么相处的 |
[03:45] | That sounds like a great, wonderful idea. Let’s do that. | 这个主意不错 太棒了 我们就这么干 |
[04:07] | It explains so much. | 这样很多事情就说得通了 |
[04:10] | No, I’m not gay. | 不 我不是同性恋 |
[04:13] | And I don’t understand why anyone would think that I’m gay if… | 我不晓得为什么他们会认为我是同性恋 如果… |
[04:27] | Yeah, I’m gay. | 对 我是同志 |
[04:32] | I can’t say whether Dunder Mifflin paper is less flammable, sir, but | 我不能说Dunder Mifflin的纸品 更不易燃 先生 但是 |
[04:36] | I can assure you that it is certainly not more flammable | 我可以向您保证 它一定不会更加易燃 |
[04:39] | Why did I transfer to Stamford ? | 我为什么要调职来Stamford? |
[04:42] | I… think that’s pretty obvious. | 我…觉得原因很明显啊 |
[04:45] | I got promoted. | 我升职了 |
[04:47] | And you can’t beat that view. Right ? | 而你也无法抗拒这景色 对吧? |
[04:51] | Hey, Big Tuna. You’re single, right ? | 嗨 大金枪鱼 你是单身吧? |
[04:54] | Mm-hmm. Yeah, I am. | 嗯 是啊 我单身 |
[04:58] | Pretty hot, huh ? | 很火辣 是不是? |
[05:02] | She’s completely crazy. | 她特别疯狂 |
[05:06] | Steer clear, Big Tuna. Head for open waters. | 离她远点 大金枪鱼 外面美女多的是 |
[05:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:14] | Okay. | |
[05:17] | I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day… | 我第一天来这上班的时候 吃的是金枪鱼三明治… |
[05:20] | so Andy started calling me Big Tuna. | 所以Andy就开始叫我”大金枪鱼” |
[05:24] | I don’t think any of them actually know my real name. | 我不认为他们知道我的名字 |
[05:28] | Big Tuna is a super ambitious guy, | 大金枪鱼是个超级有野心的家伙 |
[05:31] | you know ? Cut-your-throat-to-get-ahead type of guy. But, | 知道吗? 是那种为了成功不择手段的人 但是 |
[05:33] | I mean, I’m not threatened by him. | 我是说 我没觉得自己受到了他的威胁 |
[05:36] | I went to Cornell. You ever heard of it ? | 我上的可是康奈尔大学 你听说过没有? |
[05:40] | I graduated in four years, I never studied once, | 我四年就毕业了 在那我从来没认真学习过 |
[05:42] | I was drunk the whole time, | 我整天醉醺醺的 |
[05:44] | and I sang in the a capella group, “Here comes Treble.” | 我还在一个无伴奏的合唱团里唱过歌 那个乐团叫”三重唱来了” |
[05:49] | So, end of day, we are going to have a little diversity policy freshener, | 那么 今天下班之前 我们要有个多元化政策的改变 |
[05:54] | because of some more problems at the Scranton branch. | 因为Scranton分部更多的问题 |
[05:57] | And I have a list of business startups I got from the Chamber. | 我这边还有从董事会来的新业务伙伴的名单 |
[06:01] | Yes, I am going to need someone to cold call them. | 没错 我需要人给他们打冷不防电话 |
[06:04] | Oh, I can do that. | 噢 交给我吧 |
[06:07] | Tuna’s nice enough | 金枪鱼人还不错 |
[06:08] | I don’t-I don’t know how well he’s fitting in here. | 我只是…我不知道他适不适应这边工作 |
[06:12] | He’s always looking at the camera like this. | 他老是这么看着摄像头 |
[06:18] | What is that ? | 那到底是什么表情啊? |
[06:19] | Can you tell who’s gay and who’s not ? | 你能判断出他们谁是同性恋么? |
[06:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:22] | What about Oscar ? | 你觉得Oscar是不是? |
[06:24] | – Absolutely not. – Well, he is. | – 百分之百不是 – 呃 他是 |
[06:28] | Well, he’s not dressed in women’s clothes, so… | 呃 他没有穿女人的衣服 所以… |
[06:33] | There could be others. I need to know. | 可能还有别人 我得知道 |
[06:36] | I don’t want to offend anybody else. | 我可不想再冒犯什么人 |
[06:38] | You could assume everyone is, and not say anything offensive. | 你可以假设每个人都是 然后别再说那些冒犯人的话 |
[06:42] | Yeah. I’m sure everyone would appreciate me treating them like they were gay. | 是啊 我肯定我如果把他们当同志对待 他们肯定会感激 |
[06:50] | Hey, what about Angela ? She’s hard and severe. She could be a gay woman. | 嗨 Angela呢? 她那么强硬 严肃 她很可能是个女同志 |
[06:56] | – I really don’t think so. – I don’t know. | – 我真的不这么认为 – 我不知道 |
[06:58] | I can imagine her with another woman. Can’t you ? | 我可以想象她跟别的女人在一起的情形 你呢? |
[07:04] | Do some research. Find out if there’s a way to tell by just looking at’em. | 做点研究 看看有没有通过观察 就能判断一个人是不是同志的方法 |
[07:09] | Jim told me you could by gaydar online. | Jim告诉过我 可以在网上买同志雷达 |
[07:13] | That’s ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[07:14] | Yeah, probably. He didn’t tell the truth a lot. | 是啊 很可能是假的 他一直谎话连篇 |
[07:19] | – Let’s call him and get the website. – Definitely. | – 我们给他打电话 问他要网址 – 马上去 |
[07:22] | What’s gaydar ? | 什么同志雷达? |
[07:23] | Oh, oh, gaydar, yes ! No, uh, I think they have it at Sharper Image. | 哦 哦 同志雷达 怎么了? 不 呃 我觉得Sharper Image那边可能有的卖 (Sharper Image是专卖奇怪电子产品的商店) |
[07:28] | Oh, you know what ? I can check for you. No problem. | 哦 这样吧 我帮你查查 没问题 |
[07:35] | It’s sold out. | 卖光了 |
[07:38] | Yeah, sorry about that. That’s a bummer. | 是啊 很遗憾啊 真讨厌 |
[07:41] | – Well, they’re sold out. – Damn. | – 呃 卖完了 – 该死 |
[07:44] | Try Brookstone. | 试试Brookstone看 (Brookstone也是电子商品商店) |
[07:51] | I miss that. | 真是怀念 |
[08:03] | Chicken or fish ? | 要鸡还是鱼? |
[08:05] | chicken. | 鸡 |
[08:09] | – So, you, uh, having a good day ? – Excellent. Thanks. | – 那么 你 呃 今天过的怎样? – 很不错 谢谢 |
[08:14] | Good. I’m glad. | 那就好 我很高兴 |
[08:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:23] | Yeah, I didn’t go through with the wedding. | 对 我的婚礼没办成 |
[08:26] | I got cold feet a few days before, | 在婚礼的前几天 我突然退缩了 |
[08:28] | and… I can’t really explain it. I just had to get out of that relationship. | 而且… 我都无法解释 我只是要结束那段关系 |
[08:33] | We still had to pay for all the food. | 我们还得付婚宴的钱 |
[08:35] | So we froze it. But I’m… I’m doing well. | 我们得把食物冷冻起来 不过 我… 我过得还不错 |
[08:40] | I have my own apartment, and I’m taking art classes, | 我有自己的公寓 我报名参加了艺术班 |
[08:45] | and I have lunch for the next five weeks. | 我接下去5个星期的午饭都不用愁了 |
[08:47] | After Pam dumped me, I, um… | Pam甩了我之后 我 嗯… |
[08:50] | I kind of stopped taking care of myself for a while there, and, uh… | 我有一段时间都不怎么爱惜自己 呃… |
[08:54] | I hit bottom when, uh… I had a drunk driving arrest. | 我坠入了低谷 呃… 我还因为酒后驾车被逮捕了 |
[09:00] | I’ve been working out, and, um… you know, | 我一直在努力 嗯 你知道… |
[09:04] | I’m not gonna take her for granted. | 我不会把她理所当然地对待 |
[09:12] | I gotta win her back. | 我要把她赢回来 |
[09:14] | I got them a toaster. | 我送了个烤面包器给他们 |
[09:16] | They called off the wedding and gave the toaster back to me. | 他们取消了婚礼 然后把烤面包器还给我了 |
[09:20] | I tried to return the toaster to the store, | 我想把那机器退到商店去 |
[09:22] | and they said they no longer sold that kind of toaster. | 但他们说他们已经不卖 那种型号的烤面包器了 |
[09:25] | So now my house has got two toasters. | 所以现在我家里有两台烤面包器 |
[09:32] | It is so cool that you’re gay. I totally underestimated you. | 你是同志真实太酷了 我绝对低估你了 |
[09:39] | Yes, I am super cool. | 对啊 我简直酷毙了 |
[09:41] | I am an accountant at a failing paper supply company. In Scranton. | 我是Scranton一家行将倒闭的纸品供应公司的会计 |
[09:47] | Much like, uh, Sir Ian McKellen. | 我长得很像 呃 Ian McKellen爵士 (同志演员 代表作为指环王中的甘道夫 ) |
[09:55] | Sure, sometimes I watch “Will & Grace.” | 当然有的时候 我也看看 “Will & Grace” (NBC的喜剧 其中男主角为同志) |
[09:57] | And I want to throw up. | 我看得都想吐了 |
[09:59] | It’s terribly loud. | 他们叫好大声 |
[10:02] | I do like it sometimes, when Harry Connick Jr. is on. | 有的时候那个剧还不错 当小Harry Connick演的时候 (著名爵士歌手 剧中扮演Grace的丈夫) |
[10:06] | He’s so talented. | 他好有才华 |
[10:25] | Okay. Who put my calculator is Jell-O ? | 好啊 谁把我的计算器放果冻里了? |
[10:32] | Good one. | 干得不错 |
[10:35] | But, uh, seriously. Guys, who did this ? | 不过 呃 说真的 谁干的? |
[10:41] | Seriously, guys. Who did this ? | 说真的 各位 谁干的? |
[10:47] | I need to know who put my calculator in Jell-O | 我得知道谁把我的计算机放果冻里了 |
[10:51] | or I’m gonna lose… my freakin’mind ! | 不然 我就要… 他妈的发飙了 |
[11:04] | You know, it-it’s amazing to me that in this day and age, you could be so… | 明白吗 我好震惊 到了今时今日 你们还能… |
[11:07] | obtuse… a-about sexual orientation ! | 有这种对性取向的愚蠢想法 |
[11:10] | I watch “The L Word,” | 我看过《拉字至上》 |
[11:12] | – Okay ? – Good, good. | – 好吧? – 好 好 |
[11:13] | I watch “Queer as [beep].” | 我还看过《同志亦**》 (Michael想说Queer as fuck) |
[11:16] | – That’s not what it’s called. – So… | – 那个剧的名字可不是这样的 – 所以… |
[11:17] | Okay, Michael, are you aware that you outed Oscar today ? | 好吧 Michael 你意识到你今天公开了Oscar的性向了吗? |
[11:21] | What ? What does that even… | 什么? 那又有什么… |
[11:22] | Coming out is a significant moment for a gay person. | 出柜对于同志而言是个非常重要的时刻 |
[11:27] | And they should be allowed to select the timing and manner of announcing it. | 他们有权利选择合适的时间和方式来宣布 |
[11:30] | Well, gay pride, right ? | 呃 同志的自豪 对吧? |
[11:33] | Gay pride parade ? It’s not like… Gay Shame Festival. | 同志自豪游行? 那可不是什么…同志羞耻节 |
[11:38] | All right, now Oscar’s feeling discriminated against by his coworkers, | 好了 现在Oscar觉得受到了同事的歧视 |
[11:42] | primarily Angela, and, um… that’s your fault. | 主要是Angela 而且 呃… 这是你的错 |
[11:45] | I think Angela might be gay. | 我觉得Angela可能也是同性恋 |
[11:47] | Could Oscar and Angela be having a gay affair ? | 他们之间会不会来场同志恋情呢? |
[11:50] | – No. – Maybe. Is that what this is about ? | – 不 – 也许 是不是就是这回事? |
[11:52] | – No. – I don’t. | – 不 – 我不那么想 |
[11:53] | No. It’s not possible. | 不 那不可能 |
[11:55] | – Anything’s possible. – Okay, you know, imagine… | – 任何事情都有可能 – 好吧 知道吗 想象一下… |
[11:59] | you were gay. | 你是同志 |
[12:01] | Well, I’m not gay, Jan, and you should know that better than anybody. | 呃 我不是同志 |
[12:06] | Michael ! | Jan 这一点你比任何人都清楚 |
[12:07] | Your immaturity is extremely disappointing | 你的不成熟极度地让人失望 |
[12:10] | and may even lead to a lawsuit, | 甚至你都可能因此吃上官司 |
[12:12] | which is the absolute last thing this company needs right now, | 公司现在最不希望上法庭 |
[12:15] | – Do you understand ? – I know. | – 明白了吗? – 我知道了 |
[12:17] | The company has made it my responsibility today | 今天公司把去结束10万年来 |
[12:20] | to put an end to 100,000 years of being weirded out by gays. | 对同性恋歧视的责任放在了我身上 |
[12:26] | Am I the first gay man you ever knew ? | 我是你认识的第一个同志吗? |
[12:29] | Trick question. | 这个问题好狡猾 |
[12:31] | Because you can’t always tell, so how would I know ? | 因为你根本不能够随随便便就判断出来 我又怎么会知道? |
[12:35] | Was that the right answer ? | 我的答案对吗? |
[12:38] | – Yep ? – Michael, | – 什么事? |
[12:40] | Dwight’s looking at gay pornography on his computer. | Dwight正在电脑看同志A片呢 |
[12:42] | Uh, Michael knows, Pam. | 呃 Michael知道 Pam |
[12:44] | Okay, he asked me to do this just for him. He has his own reasons. | 是他让我为他看的 好吧 他自有道理 |
[12:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:54] | Nothing wrong with this stuff. At all. This is fine. | 这种电影一点都没什么不好的 没什么的 |
[12:58] | You know what ? Gay porn, straight porn, | 知道吗? 同志黄片 直人(异性恋)黄片 |
[13:01] | it’s all good. I don’t particularly get into this, | 都是很好的 我不特别对此感兴趣 |
[13:04] | but, uh… You know what ? | 但是 呃… 明白吗? |
[13:07] | I totally see the merit. And, actually… It is quite beautiful. | 我完全能看到它的价值 而且 事实上… 它拍得很美 |
[13:12] | – Oh, damn popups. – What are you doing ? | – 哦 这些跳出来的窗口好讨厌 – 你们在干嘛? |
[13:15] | – Watching some of your friends. – This is stupid. | – 观赏你的朋友们的表演 – 真蠢 |
[13:18] | – Excuse me. – Don’t touch me. Help ! Ow. | – 借过下 – 别碰我 救命啊 啊 |
[13:21] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop it ! | 哇哦 哇哦 哇哦 停下来 |
[13:24] | All right, everybody in the conference room. | 好了 大家都到会议室来 |
[13:26] | I don’t care if you are gay or straight or a lesbian, or overweight. | 我不在乎你是同志还是直人 拉拉还是胖子 |
[13:31] | Just get in here ! Right now ! | 给我进来 马上 |
[13:34] | Did you know that “gay” used to mean “happy”? | 你知道”gay”这个词以前的意思是快乐吗? |
[13:39] | When I was growing up, it meant “lame.” | 我长大后 它的意思是”白痴” |
[13:43] | And now it means a man who makes love to other men. | 而现在它的意思是一个跟男人做爱的男人 |
[13:49] | We’re all homos. Homo sapiens. | 我们都是人 智人类 (homo有人的意思 也是同性恋的简称) |
[13:53] | Gays aren’t necessarily who you think they are, people. | 同志并不像你们想的那样 各位 |
[13:56] | I mean, anybody can be gay. | 我的意思是 人人都有可能是同志 |
[13:58] | Businessmen. Like antique dealers, or hairdressers, or… accountants. | 商人 古董贩子或者发型师 或… 会计 |
[14:07] | Oscar, why don’t you take this opportunity to officially come out | Oscar 你为什么不借机正式出柜呢 |
[14:12] | to everybody here, | 向我们在座的各位 |
[14:14] | however you want to do it. | 只要你愿意 |
[14:16] | Go ahead. Stand up. I’m doing this for you. | 来嘛 站起来 我这么做都是为了你 |
[14:24] | Yes, I’m gay. | 是 我是同志 |
[14:26] | And… I didn’t plan on sharing that part of my life with you today, so… | 呃…我本来没打算 今天跟你分享我生命中的这个小秘密 所以… |
[14:32] | Whatever. Can I sit down now ? | 管它呢 我能坐下吗? |
[14:35] | I am not offended by homosexuality. | 我没觉得同性恋有什么 |
[14:38] | In the’60s, I made love to many, many women. Often outdoors. | 在60年代 我跟很多很多女的做过爱 还常常是野战 |
[14:43] | In the mud and the rain. | 在泥地里 在雨里 |
[14:45] | And it’s possible a man slipped in. There would be no way of knowing. | 也许有一天有一个男不小心参加进来了 你都没办法知道 |
[14:50] | Who, should be the judges and juries of our society ? | 谁 该是我们这个社会的法官和陪审团? |
[14:55] | Judges and juries. | 法官和陪审团 |
[14:57] | Yes, that’s a good point. She has a good point. | 是啊 说得对 她说得很对 |
[14:59] | Because gay marriage, currently, is not legal under U.S. law. | 因为现在同性恋婚姻 目前 在美国法律里还是非法的 |
[15:05] | I bet a lot of straight men wished that applied to them. | 我打赌很多直男也希望 这法律用在他们身上 |
[15:09] | So they could go out there and have some torrid, unabashed, monkey sex. | 他们就可以去随随便便毫无羞耻地 去享受性爱了 |
[15:13] | As much as they could. You know, that sounds pretty good, right ? | 想怎么做就怎么做 知道吗 听起来很不错 是不是? |
[15:16] | That sounds great. | 简直太棒了 |
[15:18] | Yeah, Dwight ? | 对 Dwight 我觉得我们办公室里 其他的同志也应该表明自己的身份 |
[15:20] | I think all the other office gays should identify themselves, | 我觉得我们办公室里 其他的同志也应该表明自己的身份 |
[15:23] | or I will do it for them. | 否则我就要把他们点出来了 – 办公室没有第二个同志了 – Phyllis会不会是? |
[15:24] | – No one else in this office is gay. – What about Phyllis ? | – 办公室没有第二个同志了 – Phyllis会不会是? |
[15:27] | She makes absolutely no attempt to be feminine. | 她一点也没表现出女性化特征 |
[15:30] | I’m getting married to Bob Vance. | 我要嫁给Bob Vance了 |
[15:32] | – You are ? – Congratulations ! | – 真的吗? – 祝贺 |
[15:34] | – When did you get that ?! – That’s great. | – 你什么时候得到这个的?! – 太好了 |
[15:37] | Congratulations, Phyllis. That is great. | 祝贺你 Phyllis 太好了 |
[15:39] | And frankly, kind of amazing. See ? Everybody has a chance. | 老实说 有点惊人 看到没? 人人都有机会 |
[15:44] | – Thank you. – But still, Phyllis… | – 谢谢你 – 但是 Phyllis… |
[15:47] | In college, did you ever experiment with other women ? A lot of women do. | 在大学里 你有没有跟其她女人有过性接触 很多女的都有 |
[15:52] | No, and you knew me in high school. | 没有 你高中就认识我了 |
[15:55] | Of course, we all thought you were gay in high school. | 当然 我们高中的时候都认为你是同性恋 |
[15:59] | Yeah, right. Ha, ha ! | 是吧 对哦 哈哈 |
[16:04] | And I take that as a compliment. | 我把那个当作是个恭维 |
[16:06] | Well, with your ties and your matching socks- | 呃 你的领带 还有你配的袜子 |
[16:08] | Well, I just liked to look good, okay, so- | 呃 我只是喜欢打扮得整齐点 好吧 那么 |
[16:10] | You sound pretty defensive, Michael. | 你听起来在辩护 Michael |
[16:12] | No, I am just coming out myself. I am coming out hetero. | 不是 我只是自我表白 我想表明我是异性恋 |
[16:16] | I think the problem with this office is | 我觉得这个办公室的问题所在是 |
[16:18] | that YOU are sending mixed signals about my being here. | 你对我在这儿 传送着混杂的信号 |
[16:21] | No, no, no. The only signal that I am sending is, | 不 不 不 我传送的唯一信号是 |
[16:24] | “Gay good.” Look, if I was gay, | “同志很好” 听着 如果我是同志 |
[16:29] | I would be the most flamboyant gay you’ve ever seen. | 我会是你见过的最绚丽的同志 |
[16:34] | I would be leading the parade covered in feathers, and | 我会全身披满羽毛 去领导游行的 |
[16:38] | just… I’d be waving that rainbow flag. | 而且… 我会挥舞那些彩虹旗 |
[16:42] | I don’t think I can work here any longer. | 我觉得我不该再在这里上班了 |
[16:45] | This has been the worst, most backwards day of my life. | 今天是我一生中最糟 最尴尬的日子了 |
[16:50] | You misunderstand-okay. All right. Ba-ba-ba-ba-bop. You know what ? Okay. | 你误会了 好吗 好吧 别别别 知道吗? 好 |
[16:54] | Okay. I, uh… I’m gonna put my money where my mouth is. You ready ? | 好吧 呃 我得来点实际的了 准备好了吗? |
[16:59] | – What are you doing ? – I am going to embrace Oscar. | – 你要干什么? – 我要拥抱Oscar |
[17:01] | You might want to watch this, Angela, because you can’t catch anything. | 也许你要好好看 Angela 因为你什么都看不到 |
[17:04] | Here we go. | 来吧 – 不 – 我们要做一个声明 |
[17:05] | – No. – We are going to make a statement. | – 不 – 我们要做一个声明 |
[17:06] | You and I are going to make a statement together. | 我们要联合做一个声明 |
[17:10] | – Oscar is my friend. – I’d rather not. | – Oscar是我的朋友 – 我宁愿不是 |
[17:11] | – And I just don’t care who sees it. – I… | – 我不管别人怎么看 – 我… |
[17:14] | – Doesn’t bother me. – I really would- | – 我不在乎 – 我真的- 我真的…我宁愿不要 |
[17:15] | would-I’d really rather not. | 我真的…我宁愿不要 过来 老兄 你是我朋友 |
[17:16] | Come here, friend. You’re my friend. | 过来 老兄 你是我朋友 |
[17:18] | No, NO ! | 不 不要 |
[17:20] | I don’t want to touch you ! | 我不要碰你 |
[17:22] | Ever consider that ? You’re ignorant. | 想过没 你无知 |
[17:25] | And insulting. And small. | 且侮辱别人 卑鄙 |
[17:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:35] | All right. | 行 |
[17:40] | I’m sorry, Michael. Michael. I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉Michael Michael 对不起 |
[17:46] | That was a good idea. Come on. | 这个主意很不错 来吧 |
[17:49] | Come on. All right. | 来吧 好吧 |
[17:54] | – I’m sorry I called you “faggy.” – I know, I know. | – 很抱歉我叫了你玻璃 – 我知道 我知道 |
[17:56] | – You’re not faggy. – I know you are. | – 你不是玻璃 – 我知道你很抱歉 |
[17:58] | – You’re a good guy. – You too. | – 你是好人 – 你也是 |
[18:01] | Michael appears to be gay too. | Michael也表现得是个同志 |
[18:03] | And yet, he is my friend. | 他仍然是我朋友 |
[18:06] | I guess I do have a gay friend. | 我想我确实有个同志朋友 |
[18:09] | You know what ? I’m gonna raise the stakes. | 知道吗? 我要冒冒险 |
[18:12] | – You don’t… really don’t… – I want you to watch this. | – 你不要… 真的不要… – 我要你们看着这个 |
[18:16] | And I want you to burn this into your brains. | 我要你们把这印到脑子里去 |
[18:20] | – I don’t think we need to- – Because this is an image | – 我觉得我们- – 因为这个画面 |
[18:23] | that I want you people to remember. | 我要你们永远记得 |
[18:26] | For a long time to come. | 记得很久很久 |
[18:28] | Whenever you come into the office, I want you to think about this. | 每当你们来上班 你们就会想到这个 |
[18:32] | We don’t need to- | 我们没必要去… |
[18:33] | – Yes, we do. – What ? | – 不 有必要 – 什么? |
[18:51] | I did it. | 我做了 |
[18:54] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. – 谢谢你 – 谢谢你 |
[18:56] | See ? I’m still here. | 看见没? 我还在这儿 |
[19:01] | We’re all still here. | 我们都还在 |
[19:08] | Oh, come one, Dwight ! Come on, man ! | 哦 得了 Dwight 得了 老兄 |
[19:11] | We’re not in the playground anymore. | 我们不能再玩玩闹闹了 |
[19:13] | There are new rules. | 有新的规则 |
[19:15] | We have to be mature | 我们得成熟点 |
[19:17] | but we can’t lose the spirit of childlike wonder. | 但是我们不能丧失孩子般的好奇心 |
[19:23] | What is love, anyway ? | 爱到底是什么呢? |
[19:27] | Maybe it’s suppose to break all the rules. | 也许爱就是该打破点成规 |
[19:30] | Like me and Jan. | 就像我和Jan |
[19:32] | Or Oscar and some guy. | 或者Oscar和某男人 |
[19:35] | Life is short. | 人生苦短 |
[19:37] | When two people find each other… what should stand in their way ? | 当两个人遇到合适的彼此… 还有什么可以阻挡他们呢? |
[19:43] | It is very easy for you to be a hero. | 做一个英雄很容易 |
[19:45] | All you need are honesty, empathy, respect, and open-mindedness. | 你只需要诚实 与大众共鸣 心存尊敬 头脑开放 |
[19:50] | I’m glad today spurred social change. | 我很高兴今天我们触动了社会变革 |
[19:53] | That’s part of my job as regional manager. | 这是我作为一个地区经理的职责之一 |
[19:55] | But you know what, even if it didn’t, at least we put this matter to bed. | 知道吗 即便没有成功 起码我们把这件事情解决了 |
[20:00] | That’s what she said. Or he said. | 那是她说的 或是他说 |
[20:06] | Oh, there’s Gil, Oscar’s roommate. | 哦 那是Gil Oscar的室友 |
[20:15] | I wonder if he knows. | 不晓得他知道不知道呢 |
[20:18] | I was going to quit, but Jan offered me a three month paid vacation | 我打算辞职 但是Jan答应给我三个月的带薪假期 |
[20:24] | and a company car. | 还给我了辆公司的汽车 |
[20:25] | All I had to do was sign something saying I won’t sue. | 我需要做的只是签字表明 我不会诉诸于法律 |
[20:29] | Gil and I are going to Europe. | Gil和我打算去欧洲 |
[20:31] | Kids, sometimes it pays to be gay. | 孩子们 有时候做同志还能有点收获哦 |
[20:40] | “Hope this helps, Jim.” | “希望这个能对你有帮助 Jim” |
[20:51] | Nice. | 真好 |
[20:52] | – What are you doing ? – Shh. Don’t be scared. | – 你在干什么? – 嘘 别害怕 |
[21:03] | It works. Heh. | 还真有用 |
[21:11] | Oh no. | 哦 不 |