时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Everybody! Everybody! Listen up, | 各位 各位 |
[00:02] | I need your ideas, now! | 听着 我需要你们的意见 马上 |
[00:04] | Ideas please, right now! Go! Go! Come on! | 意见 拜托 马上 快 快 加油! |
[00:06] | Michael, we don’t know what you’re talking about… | Michael 我们都不知道你在说什么 |
[00:08] | Wet cement, outside. It’s drying fast, come on. | 外面有刚浇的湿水泥 很快就干了 |
[00:11] | This is a lifelong dream. What do I write? | 快啊 这可是我毕生的梦想 我该在上面写什么呢? |
[00:13] | Michael, you could put your initials in it. | – 我该写什么? 你可以写上你名字的首字母 |
[00:16] | M.G.S.? No. | M.G.S.不行 |
[00:17] | Some idiot named Mark Greg Sputnik | 某个叫Mark Greg |
[00:20] | will claim credit for it. I don’t… – Yeah, that’s true. | Sputnik的白痴 抢注掉了 会告我侵权的 |
[00:23] | Once in a lifetime opportunity, people! Come on, here we go! | 我不能–一生难求一次的机会啊 各位 |
[00:25] | – Here we go! – Well… | 快啊 加油! 加把劲… |
[00:26] | – Let’s, yes? – When I was a little girl… | – Phyllis 你说 – 我还是个小姑娘的时候… 好啊 |
[00:31] | Okay, do it! Go on! Great! Let’s hear it! | 好啊 说啊! 快点 很好 我们都听听! |
[00:33] | We found some wet cement… | 我们在家附近 |
[00:34] | in the park in our neighborhood… – It’s drying, it’s drying… | – 发现了一些没干的水泥… – 快干了 快干了 |
[00:36] | Alright, hablbelah, come on, Phyl! – What did we write? | 好吧 Phyllis 抓紧时间! – 快啊 Phyl – 我们写了什么来着? |
[00:40] | – Come on! – Here it is, you draw a picture. | – 快啊! – 我有个主意 – 画张图吧 – 不! |
[00:43] | Cause that says, that says… So much more than words… | 因为 图画比语言表达的东西要多啊 |
[00:45] | No! Come on, gimme something good! | 不 不! 拜托 给我点好创意! |
[00:47] | Ok, I was watching E!, and I saw Will Smith outside the Chinese Theater, | 好吧 我看了一些八卦杂志 我看到Will Smith站在中国戏院的门口 |
[00:50] | and oh my God, he looked so good… – Pam, translate. | 他 哦 上帝啊 帅毙了 |
[00:53] | She’s talking about the handprints that celebrities make in the cement. | Pam 翻译下 她说的是名人在水泥里留的掌印 |
[00:56] | I love it! | 我喜欢! |
[00:57] | If you were a real star you would put your face in it. | 如果你真的是一个巨星 就该把脸都埋里头 |
[00:58] | – I love it more! – Michael, that doesn’t seem safe. | 我越发喜欢了! Michael 那样做似乎不怎么安全– |
[01:01] | I LOVE IT! | 我喜欢! |
[01:04] | Come on, let’s go! | 好了 我们出发! |
[01:09] | We are here today, not to immortalize a man, | 今天我们在此 不是为了让一个人永垂不朽 |
[01:12] | but an idea. | 而是一个理念 |
[01:14] | – Maybe the idea of a man. – Hurry, please. | 也许是一个人的理念 快点 拜托 |
[01:17] | Greatness is only skin deep, some people say… | 有的人会说 伟大这是肤浅的东西 |
[01:19] | – Can you breathe? – Well that’s not true. | – 你还能呼吸不? – 他们说错了 |
[01:20] | – Others believe it’s deeper inside… – Hold your breath. | 其他人则相信… – 那是深入内心的…如果是这样的话 |
[01:22] | – And in this case, – Ready? | – 屏住呼吸 就位 |
[01:23] | – That’s also not true. – And… go. | – 那也是不对的 – 预备… 开始! |
[01:27] | Force it in as deep as you can. | 摁下去 |
[01:29] | That’s what she said. | 越深越好 |
[01:30] | Today is a very special day for me. | 今天对我而言 意义重大 |
[01:33] | And it’s really not about me, it’s about my grandkids, | 这不是为我 而是为了我的孙子孙女 |
[01:36] | it’s about my great grandkids… | 我的重孙子重孙女 |
[01:38] | I can come back here when I’m 100, | 当我100岁的时候 重游故地 |
[01:41] | and I can find… | 我还能找到这块水泥 然后说 |
[01:43] | that piece of cement and say, “That’s me. | “那就是我 瞧啊 |
[01:46] | Look kids, your daddy left that face hole…” | 孩子们 是你们的爹地留下了那个脸型大坑” |
[01:50] | I don’t know, it’s a good feeling. | 我不知道 这感觉很棒 我结巴了吗 好的 |
[02:15] | Adjective. | 形容词 |
[02:18] | Tall. | 高 |
[02:19] | No, no, uh, nice. | 不 不 呃 好 |
[02:22] | Good one. | 不错哦 |
[02:23] | Okay, you ready? | 好 你准备好没? |
[02:26] | The tall man entered the nice building | “高”个子的男人走进了很”好”的大楼 |
[02:30] | to visit a very nice man. | 来拜访一个很”好”的男人 |
[02:35] | Sit down, Mister Smith, | 坐下 Smith先生 |
[02:37] | can I interest you in any good… cat food?” | 您对上好的猫食有兴趣不? |
[02:43] | It’s a man eating cat food. | 那家伙吃猫食哦! |
[02:45] | What about a cat eating man food? | 那吃人的食物的猫如何? |
[02:47] | Andy and Angela seem very happy. | Andy跟Angela似乎很幸福 |
[02:50] | I hope nothing horrible ever happens to them. | 我希望厄运不会降临到他们身上 |
[02:59] | Yeah, I slept over at a friend’s house | 是啊 我昨天住在了我的一个 嗯 朋友家里 |
[03:03] | and, I forgot my contact solution, so… | 我忘了带隐形眼镜的护理液 |
[03:06] | I had to wear my backup glasses. | 所以 我只能戴回我的眼镜了 |
[03:10] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[03:12] | All right, everybody… | 好了 各位 |
[03:14] | Oh my God, Pam, | 哦 我的娘啊 Pam… |
[03:16] | those make you look so ugly. | 你这模样丑死了 |
[03:19] | Pam, in order to get hotter, you take the glasses off. | Pam 要想扮性感 得丢掉眼镜 |
[03:21] | You’re moving in the wrong direction. | 你怎么能反其道而行之呢 |
[03:23] | I don’t have my contacts. | 我没有带隐形眼镜的– |
[03:25] | I don’t need, I can’t even hear you. | 我都不想听你说话了 |
[03:27] | It’s just noise coming out of an ugly scientist. | 那就像是一个丑八怪科学家 嘴里发出的噪声 |
[03:30] | Everybody, we’re going to have a little… | 各位 |
[03:32] | brainstorming session in the conference room. | 我们要到会议室开个小小的 头脑风暴会 |
[03:35] | Energize… | 激发活力 |
[03:37] | You know what would energize me? | 你知道什么能激发我的活力么? |
[03:40] | If you, Pamela Morgan Beesly… | 如果你 Pamela Morgan Beesly– |
[03:43] | Don’t, don’t. | – 别 别说 – 会… |
[03:44] | If you propose to me during a Michael meeting, I will say no. | 如果你在Michael的会上向我求婚 – 我铁定会拒绝的 – 太晚了 |
[03:46] | Well, it’s too late, because I’m proposing… | 因为我现在就是在提议… (propose有提议也有求婚的意思) |
[03:49] | that you get me a cup of coffee, which would energize me greatly, | 你给我来杯咖啡 那会让我活力充沛 |
[03:52] | and make me the happiest man in the world. | 我会成为世界上最幸福的男人的 |
[03:54] | Everybody, so how are we going to energize our office? | 各位 为什么我们要激发我们的办公室的活力呢? |
[03:58] | I mean, I haven’t done anything since Christmas. | 我是说 自从圣诞节之后 我就没啥大动作 |
[04:01] | Pam, clearly, has just given up trying. | Pam显然已经放弃尝试了 |
[04:05] | So what we need to do is we get things going, | 所以我们要做的事 让事情运作起来 |
[04:07] | we need to get percolating a little bit. | 我们需要有点发散思维 |
[04:08] | Anybody have any ideas of what we could do. Any suggestions? | 对于我们能做什么 有人有什么想法么? |
[04:12] | Yes, Andy? | 有什么建议么? 好的 andy? |
[04:13] | What if we changed our outgoing answering machine message, | 我们何不改一下我们对外联络的答录信息 |
[04:17] | so it just had a little more… zing, and a little more pep? | 把它变得更有活力 更有精气神儿呢? |
[04:21] | Zing and pep, see those are the kind of words we’re looking for. Yes, Jim? | 活力跟精气神 瞧见没 那个– 那就是我们在找的词儿 好的 Jim |
[04:24] | What about if we did an even newer voicemail message | 我们何不弄个更加新的语音信箱信息 |
[04:28] | that had even more zing and pep? | 把它变得超级有活力 超级有精气神儿呢? |
[04:30] | Now we’re cooking. I like this. | 现在我们进入状态了 我喜欢 |
[04:31] | Maybe a whole theme, like a rap. A rap rhyme… | 也许需要一个完整的主题 比如来段饶舌–来个饶舌的节奏 |
[04:34] | – An urban thing… – An urban, yeah. Stanley? | – 有点城市气息的 – |
[04:36] | You wanna help us out with that? | 城市的– 耶 Stanley 你也要发表下意见么? |
[04:38] | – Stanley, Earth to Stanley. – Not me. | Stanley! 该轮到stanley了 – 我不掺乎 – 不行 就要你 |
[04:40] | Yes, you. Come on, Stanley, | 快点 Stanley |
[04:42] | put your little game down and join the group. | 把你的那填字游戏放下 参加小组讨论 |
[04:46] | – Stanley, we’re havin a little… – Leave me alone, dammit. | 不 – Stanley 我们在开… – 让我消停会 我靠 |
[04:48] | We’re having a little brainstorm session… | 我们在开头脑风暴会呢– |
[04:50] | DID I STUTTER? | 我结巴了还是怎么着(我说的你没听见么)? |
[04:58] | Good, this is good. | 好 很好 |
[04:59] | I’m going to grab a glass of water. | 我要去拿杯水 |
[05:08] | Can I talk to you a second? | 能跟你说几句么? |
[05:10] | What? | 说什么? |
[05:12] | I really think that you need to address… | 我觉得你应该为早上的事情 |
[05:15] | what happened with Stanley this morning. | 跟Stanley好好谈谈 |
[05:17] | What are you blabbering about? Nothing happened. | 你又唧唧歪歪什么 根本没什么 |
[05:20] | Well, you know, Stanley was openly insubordinate. | 呃 你也看到了 Stanley公开顶撞上司 |
[05:23] | – That? In the conference room? – Yeah. | – 你说在会议室那事? – 是的 |
[05:26] | We were joshin around, the two of us, | 我们只是玩配合 我们俩 |
[05:29] | and he said “did I stutter,” | 他说”我结巴了还是怎么着?” |
[05:30] | and I said “wha-wha-wha-wha-what, dog?” | 我就是 “什-什-什-什么 老兄?” |
[05:34] | It was joking, Toby, alright? | 那都是玩笑 Toby 晓得不? |
[05:37] | – He didn’t seem like he was joking. – Well you don’t get it, | 他似乎不是在开玩笑 那只是因为你没瞅明白 |
[05:39] | because Stanley is a beautiful, sassy, powerful black man, | 因为Stanley是一个美丽 魅力十足 强有力的黑男人 |
[05:43] | and you’re… you. | 而你只是你自己 |
[05:46] | If you had any friends, you would understand. | 假如你有朋友 你就会了解的 |
[05:48] | Friends joke with one another: | 朋友会相互打趣 |
[05:50] | “Hey um, you’re poor.” “Well hey, you’re mama’s dead.” | “嘿 嗯 你好穷哦” “呃 嗨 你老娘挂了” |
[05:54] | That’s what friends do. It’s… | 朋友之间就会这样 |
[05:58] | You’re so white. | 那是–你太白了 |
[06:00] | Alright. Well, | 好吧 这个 嗯 |
[06:02] | if you really believe that Stanley was joking… | 如果你真的觉得Stanley在开玩笑… |
[06:07] | – Why don’t you go ask him that? – Okay, I will… | 我们何不现在直接过去问问他? 好吧 我会的 |
[06:10] | I’m not feeling very well right now, though. | 我现在不太舒服 |
[06:13] | My stomach hurts, so I may be going home early today, but… | 我胃痛 所以今天估计我要早点回家 |
[06:17] | You know, Michael, sometimes my daughter’s stomach hurts… | 你看 Michael 假如在学校遇见个刻薄娃 |
[06:20] | when there’s a mean girl at school… | 有的时候我家姑娘也会胃痛 |
[06:21] | Well sometimes my stomach hurts… | 呃 有的时候 只要你来我办公室 |
[06:24] | when you come into my office, so it’s probably psychological. | 我就胃痛 所以 那可能是心理作用 |
[06:31] | You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra, | 最近你能看见很多女士开尼桑的xterra车 |
[06:33] | because you pull up to a stoplight, | 因为当你因为红灯停车的时候 |
[06:35] | and look over and there’s an Xterra next to you. | 四处看看 就会发现周围有辆xterra |
[06:37] | They’re always driven by chicks, so there’s your icebreaker. | 都是些小妞在开那车 刚好那个冤大头要买车 |
[06:43] | Scratch. | 刮痕! |
[06:44] | That’s a racing stripe. | 那是男人的伤疤 |
[06:46] | Bumper’s sagging. | 保险杠也晃荡了 |
[06:48] | I doubt that very much. | 我保留自己的意见 |
[06:49] | This car is crap. I will buy it for next to nothing. | 这车就是个垃圾 我根本就没可能买 |
[06:52] | How next to? | 有多不可能? |
[06:54] | Well, here are your options: you can sell it for parts, | 你的选择如下 你可以拆拆卖 |
[06:57] | drive it off a cliff; | 把它开到悬崖上去 |
[06:58] | you can donate it to a person that you’d like to see die in a car crash, | 你可以送给一个 你希望他出车祸死了的人 |
[07:02] | or, you can sell it to me, | 或者… 你也可以卖给我 |
[07:04] | and I’ll use it as I would a wagon on my farm. | 我可以在农场把它当牛车用 |
[07:06] | It will be towed by a donkey. | 我可以找个驴子拖着它 |
[07:09] | – I have to pick one of those? – Yes. | – 我只能在这里面选一个咯? – 是啊 |
[07:11] | – Can you go over those options again? – You know what? | 你能把我的选择再说一遍么? 嘿 知道不? |
[07:13] | You knock 1,500 dollars of the price right now, | 你现在把价格再降个1,500块 |
[07:16] | and I will take it off your hands. | 我就收了你这车 |
[07:18] | It’s gotta be now. | 但是过时不候 |
[07:19] | – Well I have the blue book value… – Seal the deal. Let’s do this thing. | – 呃 那就给个折旧价 — |
[07:22] | Three, two, one. | – 成交吧 交易吧 我们搞定这事吧 |
[07:24] | – Can I think about it? – Five, four, three, two… | – 我能再想想么? – 5 4 3 2 决定 |
[07:27] | – Now. Now. Now. – Let me think about it. | – 容我再想想 – 现在 马上! 决定 |
[07:29] | – Say it. Do it. Now. – I’m thinking about it… | 现在就决定 |
[07:30] | – Do it now. Do it. – I’m thinking. | – 马上决定! – 我还在考虑 |
[07:32] | Shake my hand. You will sell me this car. Shake my hand. | 决定吧 跟我握手 你会把车卖给我 跟我握手 |
[07:35] | Yeah. All right! | 耶 好吧! |
[07:41] | What? | 怎么了? |
[07:43] | I see that you… | 我 呃 |
[07:45] | gave me that form that I asked you to give me, | 看见你给了我那张表 就是我让你给我的那张 |
[07:48] | Stanley the manly, so thank you for that. | Stanley 你很爷们 谢谢你哦 |
[07:50] | I guess we are back to normal. | 我想 我们算是讲和了吧 |
[07:52] | What are you talking about? | 你瞎掰什么呢? |
[07:54] | Well, you know, the thing that you said earlier, | 呃 你也知道的 |
[07:57] | that you didn’t mean, | 你之前说的那些话 也不是你的本意 |
[08:00] | and that I forgive you for. | 我现在原谅你 |
[08:02] | The whole thing’s silly, isn’t it? | 那整件事情都好傻 是不是? |
[08:04] | Friends don’t need to apologize to friends | 按照我的想法 |
[08:06] | as far as I’m concerned, so we are cool. | 朋友之间是不需要道歉的 所以我们没事了 |
[08:08] | I am not going to apologize to you. | 我不会跟你道歉 |
[08:11] | It’s like I used to tell my wife, | 就像我之前跟我前妻说的 |
[08:13] | I do not apologize unless I think I’m wrong, | “除非我认为我错了 否则我不会道歉 |
[08:16] | and if you don’t like it you can leave. | 如果你不喜欢 你可以走人” |
[08:18] | And I say the same thing to my current wife, | 我跟我现任老婆也是这么说的 |
[08:21] | and I’ll say it to my next one too. | 我跟我下一任老婆也会这么说 |
[08:23] | Jim is in charge of Stanley only in sales-related matters, | Jim只在跟销售相关的事务上管理Stanley |
[08:26] | hence the green line. Green for money-sales, get it? | 也就是绿色的线 绿色指的是钱 销售 明白不? |
[08:30] | There is this yellow zigzag | 还有这个黄色的曲线 |
[08:32] | that does give Ryan the authority to discipline Stanley… | 它表示Ryan也有权利管教Stanley |
[08:34] | – Great – However, | – 很好 – |
[08:35] | in so doing, it zigs past your name, | 不过 要是这样的话 那就会绕过你的名字 |
[08:38] | hence zagging you and making you appear weak. | 也就是绕过你 这样的话 就会让你显得很弱小 |
[08:41] | Thus the yellow color. Yellow for cowardly. | 因此 这个黄色 黄色代表怯懦 |
[08:44] | What’s the pink? | 那粉色的呢? |
[08:45] | Menstrual cycles. | – 月经周期 – 好吧 |
[08:48] | Is there anybody up here, at all, that can deal with this? | 这图表里有没有人 有没有一个人能处理这件事情… |
[08:53] | – You. – Other than me. | – 除了我– – 你 |
[08:54] | Well, there is the emergency disaster mode for the org chart. | 对我们这个组织结构图而言 的确也会有个紧急灾难模式 |
[09:00] | This gives me full authority over every single person in the office. | 这会给我全权处理办公室一切人员的权利 |
[09:06] | – I never said you could do that. – All you have to do it say it. | – 我从没许可过你可以那样 – 你需要做的 就是同意 |
[09:08] | – Just say it. – Okay, I will think about it. | – 我 不能… – 同意吧 – 好吧 我考虑下 – 同意把 同意吧 别寻思了 直接批准 |
[09:10] | Say it. Just do it. Don’t think, say it. | |
[09:13] | Do it. Five, four, three, two… do it. | 快 批准 |
[09:18] | Give me control, Michael. | 让我来处理 Michael… |
[09:24] | I promise to give authority back to you when this crisis is over. | 我保证会将权利交还给你 这个危机一解除 就会 |
[09:28] | Do it, Michael. | 来吧 Michael |
[09:31] | Do it. | 给我批准 嘿 |
[09:33] | This office needs a strong man. | 办公室需要铁腕人士 |
[09:37] | Say it. | 快同意 |
[09:40] | – No. – So… | – 不 – 那么– |
[09:43] | All right, well, | 好吧 |
[09:45] | you’re gonna have to deal with this yourself. | 那你就只能自己处理了 |
[09:53] | Hey, Pam… | 嘿 Pam |
[09:54] | I really like your glasses. | 我真的很喜欢你的眼镜 |
[09:56] | Thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[09:58] | All the girlfriends that I’ve ever had have worn glasses. | 我之前所有的女朋友都戴眼镜 哦 好吧 |
[10:04] | Yeah, it’s kind of a turn-on for me, actually. | 是啊 其实一看到眼镜 我都会性趣盎然 |
[10:05] | – I should probably get back to… – Like librarians. | – 我最好还是去… – 就像图书管理员 |
[10:07] | Entering the… | 输入一些– |
[10:09] | Could you just say, “these are due back Thursday”? | 你可不可以说 “这些书周四到期” 不行 |
[10:26] | Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam. | Dunder mifflin 我是Pam |
[10:29] | Okay, go ahead. | 好的 请讲 |
[10:33] | A lot of jazz cats are blind, | 很多爵士狂人都是瞎子 |
[10:35] | but they can play the piano like nobody’s business. | 但是他们可以旁若无人的弹钢琴 |
[10:39] | I’d like to put the piano in front of Pam | 我想把钢琴放到Pam的面前 |
[10:41] | without her glasses and see what happens. | 让她不戴眼镜 看看会发生什么 |
[10:44] | I’d also like to see her topless. | 我也想看她不穿上衣 |
[10:51] | – Mike. – Hey. | – 嗨 |
[10:52] | I’m very busy here, man. | 我现在很忙 |
[10:53] | Darryl, | 老兄 |
[10:56] | have you ever been in a gang? – Why? | 你加入过黑帮么? 为什么这么问? |
[10:59] | It’s an advice question, | 这是个选择性的问题 |
[11:01] | and if you don’t wanna talk about it, I completely understand. It’s… | 如果你不想回答 我完全可以理解 那 嗯– |
[11:06] | I know, it’s very, very personal… | – 不 不 不 – 我明白那涉及个人隐私 不 嗯… |
[11:10] | – I have. – I knew it. | – 加入过 – 我就知道 好吧 |
[11:14] | Who we talking about here? Crips? Bloods? | 你进过哪个? |
[11:16] | – Both. – God! | – 瘸子帮 还是铁血帮? – 都加入过 上帝啊 |
[11:18] | Yeah them, and the Latin Kings, the Warriors… | 是啊 除了他们 还有拉丁王帮 – 武士帮 – 好吧 |
[11:22] | Newsies. | 新帮 |
[11:24] | Okay, so dig this: | 好吧 那你想想这个情况 |
[11:26] | you’re on the street, and one of your gang disses you. | 你在大街上 你帮会里的一员对你不敬 |
[11:30] | – Oh my goodness. – Yeah. | – 哦上帝啊 – 是啊 没错 |
[11:32] | Right, so what do you do to get them to make it right? | 你会怎么去给他点教训 让他以后放乖一点呢? |
[11:34] | Well see… | 那个 听着 嗯 |
[11:36] | In the gang world, we use something called Fluffy Fingers. | 在帮会的世界里 我们会用个叫毛手指的东西 |
[11:41] | What is it? | 那是啥玩意? |
[11:43] | That’s when somebody really gets in your face, | 那是当有人胆敢跟你对着干 |
[11:45] | you know, you just start tickling him. | 知道不 我们就会胳肢他们 |
[11:50] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 没错 |
[11:52] | And then he starts tickling you. | 然后他也会胳肢你 |
[11:54] | Pretty soon you’re laughing and hugging. | 很快 你们就会笑着搂在一起 |
[11:56] | Before you know it, you’ve forgotten the whole thing. | 不知不觉中 你就忘记了那件事情 |
[11:59] | Ya’ll can just go to church together, get an ice cream cone. | 你们又可以一起去教堂 一次吃个冰淇淋筒 |
[12:03] | I would’ve never thought that… | 我没想到黑帮的人会互相胳肢 |
[12:07] | gangs would be tickling each other. | |
[12:09] | Well, it’s effective. | 呃 那个很有效的 |
[12:20] | I think it’s self-explanatory. | 我想这不言自明了 嗨 Jim! |
[12:23] | Come here for a second. | 进来下 |
[12:25] | Can you answer me something, as, as a true Eagles fan? | 你能作为一个真的老鹰队的球迷 回答我几个问题么? |
[12:27] | Oh boy… | 哦 天哪 |
[12:29] | How do you live with a franchise this bad? | 你怎么能忍受自己是个这么糟糕的销售代理的? |
[12:31] | On a wing and a prayer, mostly. | 大部分时间 就是忍气吞声呗 |
[12:33] | Alright, whatever you say. | 好吧 随你怎么说 |
[12:35] | Listen, while I have you here with Toby, | 听我说 当我把你和Toby叫到这儿来时 |
[12:37] | I need to give you a formal warning about your job performance. | 我会给一份正式的警告 是关于你工作表现方面的 |
[12:40] | A formal warning… | 正式的警告 |
[12:42] | It’s actually not a joke. | 这不是开玩笑 |
[12:44] | I know how you spend your time here, | 我知道你在这儿是怎么混时间的 |
[12:46] | and I know how little you care about your job. | 我知道你根本不在乎你的工作 |
[12:48] | And honestly if you spent as much time selling | 说真的 假如你把那么多时间花在搞销售上 |
[12:50] | as you do goofing around with Dwight and hanging out at reception, | 而不是跟Dwight捣乱 或者在前台那边晃悠的话 |
[12:53] | we wouldn’t be having this conversation. | 我们就不会有这次谈话了 |
[12:56] | I’m sorry, is, is this because I talked to Wallace about your website? | 对不起 是不是因为我和Wallace说过你的网站的事? |
[13:00] | Because I really didn’t mean to go over your head. | 因为我真的不是故意越你的权 |
[13:02] | This has nothing to do with that, alright? | 这和那件事情毫无关系 知道吗? |
[13:04] | I always appreciate constructive criticism about my job performance. | 我总是很欢迎对我的工作表现的建设性批评 |
[13:07] | I thrive on it. | 我就是靠那个发达的 |
[13:09] | I’m sorry, then do you mind explaining a little better? | 对不起 你能不能解释得更清楚一些呢? |
[13:11] | Cause I’m not sure what’s really… | 因为我还是不太明白你到底– |
[13:13] | Don’t get all defensive, alright? It’s just a warning. | 别忙着自辩 好吗? 只是一个警告 |
[13:16] | If you want the details, Toby can provide them. | 如果你想知道详情 去找Toby 他知道 |
[13:18] | You take it easy, alright? | 别太紧张 行不? |
[13:20] | I’d say all the goofing around at Pam’s desk, | 我得说 他一直在Pam那边瞎晃 |
[13:23] | and, and hanging out with Pam, has finally caught up to him… | 跟Pam打得火热让上头不爽了 |
[13:28] | with Pam. | 呃 我–跟Pam |
[13:34] | Hey, what happened? What did Ryan want? | 嗨 怎么回事? Ryan想干嘛? |
[13:37] | Oh we were just… talking about, | 我们都在说些官话套话 |
[13:39] | bureaucratic stuff. | |
[13:41] | Because you’re very important? | 因为你非常重要 是的 |
[13:53] | What’s Dwight up to? | Dwight在忙啥呢? |
[13:54] | Oh probably nothing. | 哦 也许没什么事 |
[14:01] | What the hell is this all about? | 这他妈的到底怎么回事? |
[14:05] | You’re flipping my car for profit. | 你在转手倒卖我的车获利 |
[14:07] | It’s my car now. | 现在是我的车了 |
[14:08] | I gave you a deal… | 我可是根据你说的 |
[14:11] | based on what you said to me. | 给你的那个价 |
[14:13] | Yeah, well… | 是啊 嗯… |
[14:15] | seller beware. | 卖家得机灵点 |
[14:16] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to monitor… | 失陪了 |
[14:18] | a three-way bidding war for my car on eBay. | 我还得在ebay上监控三个买家对我的车的竞价战呢 |
[14:23] | I’ve got a Madlib for you: | 我跟你玩个文字游戏吧 |
[14:25] | a stupid, idiotic, | “一个名字Andy |
[14:28] | numbskull named Andy Bernard | Bernard愚蠢透顶的傻瓜 |
[14:31] | sold his Xterra to a smart | “把他的xterra卖给了一个叫Dwight的聪明 |
[14:35] | and capable man named Dwight. | 又超有能力的人 |
[14:38] | This is shaping up to be an awesome day for Dwight. | 今天对Dwight来说真是大获全胜的一天” |
[14:54] | Okay, everybody, shh! | 好了 大家安静一下! |
[14:56] | Liste up. Earlier today, Stanley sassed me, | 听我说 今天早些时候 Stanley跟我顶嘴了 |
[15:00] | and Toby gave me some suggestions on how to discipline him. | Toby给了我一些管教他的建议 |
[15:03] | They did not work, obviously, because they were stupid, | 但是显然都没效果 因为那些建议都太白痴了 |
[15:06] | so I am now going to fake fire him. | 所以我准备假装炒了他 |
[15:10] | – What does that mean? – It’s like a mock execution. | 那是什么意思? 就像是一次模拟处决 |
[15:14] | – That’s not a good idea. – Yes, it is a good idea. | 那可不是个好办法 不 这是个好办法 |
[15:16] | It’s the only possible solution I have left. | 我只剩下这一个解决方法了 |
[15:18] | Well, you can actually fire him. | 哦 你可以真的炒了他 不– |
[15:21] | – I’ve had enough of you. – Why are you telling us this? | 我受够你了 为什么你要告诉我们这些? |
[15:24] | Because I want you to behave as if I’m actually firing him, Oscar, okay? | 因为我想你表现得好一点 就像我真的炒了他一样 Oscar 行吗? |
[15:28] | Michael, if you hadn’t told us this, | Michael 如果你没有告诉我们这些 |
[15:30] | then we would’ve thought that you were actually firing him. | 我们就会觉得你会真得开除他 |
[15:33] | I’m not firing him. I’m not. | 我不会炒他! 我不– |
[15:35] | I need you to act like I am firing him. | 我是需要你表现得我像要炒他一样 |
[15:38] | Just, what I’m going to do, is I’m going to pretend that I am firing him, | 因为– 我想做的是 我只是想假装要炒他 |
[15:42] | and I need you to act like I am firing him. | 而我需要你表现得我像真要炒他一样 |
[15:45] | Do you get that? Do you get it? I’m teaching him a lesson. | 你明白没有?你懂了没有? |
[15:47] | He needs to learn humility, alright? | 我只是想教训他一下 他需要学会谦卑 |
[15:50] | That’s all I’m, okay, here he comes. | 好吧 我要求的就… |
[15:51] | Let’s just… play act. | 好了 他来了 我们开演吧 |
[15:55] | Stanley, may I talk to you for a second? | Stanley 我能和你谈谈吗? |
[16:05] | Stanley Hudson, you are fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[16:15] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[16:17] | I am serious, we are all serious. | 我是认真的 我们全都没有开玩笑 |
[16:21] | You are fired like a heart attack. | 你被解雇了 就像心脏病爆发那么快 |
[16:23] | You’re firing me over three words. Have you lost your mind? | 你就因为我说了那句话 就开除我? – 是的 – 你疯了吗? |
[16:29] | Do you think I’m gonna let you do this to me? | 你觉得我会这么乖乖让你炒吗? |
[16:32] | I’ve watched you screw up this office for ten years, | 我看着你在这个办公室胡搞了十年 |
[16:35] | and I’m filing a lawsuit, and I’m gonna tell them about every stupid thing | 我要告你 而且我准备告诉他们 你在这个办公室里所做的 |
[16:38] | you’ve ever done up in this office. | 每一件蠢事 |
[16:40] | Alright, okay, you know what? | 行了 行了 好吧 你知道吗? |
[16:42] | Now you know how I feel. | 现在你知道我的感受了吗 |
[16:45] | This was a fake firing. | 这个是假的炒鱿鱼 |
[16:48] | Lesson learned. Good work, everybody. Very nice. | 吸取教训 演的好 各位 很好 |
[16:51] | So I’m not fired. | 所以我没有被炒 |
[16:53] | That’s it. And… | 没错 哦 |
[16:57] | do you have anything to say to me? | 哦 那你有什么想对我说的? |
[16:59] | Oh yes, I do. | 是的 我有 |
[17:02] | You are out of your damn little pea-sized mind. | 他那小豆子一样的脑子里进水了吧 |
[17:05] | What is wrong with you? Do you have any sense at all? | 你有什么毛病? – 你还有理智么? – 好吧 |
[17:09] | Do you have any idea how to run an office? | 你到底知不知道如何管理一间办公室? |
[17:12] | – Yes. – Every day… | – 知道 – 每一天 你都会比前一天做出更蠢的事情来 |
[17:13] | you do something stupider than you did the day before. | 你都会比前一天做出更蠢的事情来 |
[17:16] | And I think, “there’s no possible way that he can top that.” | – 那不是– – 所以我想 – “他没有最蠢… – 好吧 – 只有更蠢” – 好吧 |
[17:19] | But what do you do? You find a way, dammit, to top it! | 但是你又是怎么做的? 你总是可以 他妈的 超越极限 |
[17:22] | – You are professional idiot! – Hey, STOP IT! | 你真是个不折不扣的白痴– 哦 别说了! |
[17:27] | – Okay, everybody out. – Who? | 好了 大家都出去 |
[17:29] | Everybody, except Stanley. | – 谁? – 哦 除了Stanley外的所有人 |
[17:39] | – Let’s go. – I can’t find my glasses. | 走吧 – 我找不到我的眼镜了 – 好了 你知道吗? |
[17:41] | Okay, you know what? Why don’t you take my hand, | 拉住我的手 我带你走 |
[17:42] | and leave them? And let’s get out of here. | 让他们俩呆着 我们走 好了 好了 |
[17:50] | It’s Michael versus Stanley, | 可是Michael PK Stanley哦 |
[17:52] | and it is the clash of the titans. | 这可是《世纪对神榜》的翻版哦 (神话故事片) |
[17:54] | In one corner, you have Michael, and he is mad. | 在一边 是Michael 他很生气 |
[17:59] | And then, in the other corner, you have Stanley, | 而另一边 |
[18:01] | and he’s mad. | 是Stanley 他也很火大 |
[18:04] | So that’s about it! | 这下精彩了 |
[18:26] | I don’t understand why you keep picking on me. | 我不明白为什么你要一直针对我 |
[18:28] | Oh, for the love of God. | – 哦 看在上帝的份上 – |
[18:29] | You just do, and I don’t know why, so… | 你就是… 那么做了 我不知道为什么 所以… |
[18:33] | please help me understand. | 请你帮助我理解下 |
[18:35] | Fine. Here it is: | 好吧 是这样的 |
[18:37] | you are a person I do not respect. | 你是我无法尊重的人 |
[18:40] | The things you say, your actions, your methods, and style. | 你所说的 你所做的 你的处事方法还有风格 |
[18:44] | Everything you would do, I would do it the opposite way. | 不管你做什么 我一定会和你对着干 |
[18:51] | Well, Stanley, | 好吧 Stanley |
[18:53] | maybe you are feeling that you don’t respect me | 也许你感觉你不尊重我 |
[18:56] | because you don’t know me very well. | 是因为你还不够了解我 |
[18:58] | Michael, I have known you a very long time, | Michael 我认识你很长时间了 |
[19:01] | and the more I’ve gotten to know you, the less I’ve come to respect you. | 了解你越多 对你的尊重越少 |
[19:06] | Any other theories? | 还要狡辩啥么? |
[19:14] | All right, you don’t respect me. | 好吧 你不尊重我 |
[19:17] | I accept that. | 我认了 |
[19:20] | But listen to me, you can’t talk to me… | 不过听我说 |
[19:24] | that way in this office, you just can’t. | 在这间办公室里 你不能这样和我说话 |
[19:27] | I am your boss. | 你就是不能 我是你的老板 |
[19:29] | Can’t allow it. | 我不允许 |
[19:32] | Fair enough. | 很公平啊 |
[19:39] | I am good person, and sometimes, | 我是个好人 |
[19:42] | good people don’t get no respect. | 有的时候好人就是得不到尊重 |
[19:45] | Rodney Dangerfield. | Rodney Dangerfield语录(演员) |
[19:48] | Hey, I don’t get no respect. No respect at all. | 嗨 没人尊重我 一点尊重都没 (以下 疯话ing) |
[19:52] | When I was in the sandbox as a kid, I got not respect. | 我还是孩子的时候 站在沙坑玩 我就不受人尊重 |
[19:57] | My wife likes to talk after sex, | 我老婆喜欢在做完爱后说话 |
[20:00] | so she called me from a hotel room, and said, “I don’t respect you!” | 所以她会从宾馆的房间打电话给我 说 “我一点都不尊重你” |
[20:05] | Thoughtless. | 好无情 |
[20:09] | You know what don’t get no respect? | 你知道啥玩意最不受尊重么? |
[20:11] | Airplane food. | 飞机餐 |
[20:13] | Why don’t they just make the plane out of the airline food? | 他们干啥不直接用飞机餐做个飞机么? |
[20:19] | My wife don’t get no respect, some… take her, please, for example. | 我的老婆也没人尊重 有些– 带她走吧 拜托 举个例子哦 |
[20:27] | If you don’t get no respect, you might be redneck. | 如果没人尊重你 你就可能是个乡巴佬 |
[20:31] | Respect is nice. Borat. | 尊重是件好事 的了吧 |
[20:39] | What’s the deal with Grapenuts? | 葡萄核怎么卖? |
[20:41] | No grapes, no nuts. | 不吃葡萄不吐葡萄核 |
[20:44] | I don’t get no respect! | 我啥尊重都没有 |
[20:48] | So I’m thinking, | 所以我在想 |
[20:50] | as a reward for our loyal clients, that we contact their assistants, | 作为对我们忠实的顾客的奖励 |
[20:55] | and we find out where they live. | 我们联系下他们的助手 找出他们住在哪儿 |
[20:57] | And then, we go to their houses, | 然后在仲夏去他们家 |
[20:59] | in the middle of the summer, and go caroling. | 去做促销 |
[21:02] | It is a summer Christmas sale-abration. | 作为夏季-圣诞促销季 |
[21:06] | And we call it, a summer sales-a-lot. | 我们称之为 夏季 我们大卖特卖 |
[21:10] | Feedback? Anybody? Stanley? | 有反馈么 有人吗 Stanley |
[21:14] | Has potential to be your best idea yet. | 很可能是目前为止最棒的主意 |
[21:18] | That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard. | 这是我听过的最蠢的事情 |
[21:21] | Dammit, Phyllis. Alright, everybody out except Phyllis. | 该死 大家都出去 Phyllis留下 |