时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Wow, you guys look amazing. | 哇,你们看上去都好酷啊 斯坦利,我以为你讨厌万圣节呢 |
[00:06] | Stanley, I thought you hated Halloween. | |
[00:07] | He wears it so he can sleep at his desk. | 他穿成这样就能在办公桌上睡觉了 |
[00:10] | Who are you? I’m Carrie Bradshaw | –你扮的是谁? –凯莉布雷萧 |
[00:12] | from Sex and the City. | 欲望都市里面的角色 |
[00:14] | I like your shoes. | –我喜欢你的鞋子 –谢谢 |
[00:15] | Thank you. | |
[00:16] | Will you help walk me to the fax machine? | –你能扶我到传真机那边去吗? –当然可以 |
[00:17] | Sure. | |
[00:18] | I got her. I got her. I can help you. | 让我来,我来帮她,让我帮忙 |
[00:21] | You look amazing. | –你看起来棒极了 –不太恰当,谢谢 |
[00:22] | Inappropriate. Thank you. | |
[00:25] | Who are you, Larry King? | –你扮的是谁?拉里金? –戈登盖柯 |
[00:26] | Gordon Gekko. | |
[00:27] | From the insurance commercials. | 那个保险广告里面的 |
[00:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:35] | Whoa! Awesome. | 厉害 |
[00:37] | Let’s put a smile on that face. | 露个笑脸我看看 |
[00:42] | Damn it, Creed. | 该死的,克里德 |
[00:44] | I’ve been up since 4:00. | 我早上四点钟就起来了 |
[00:52] | Sweet ‘stume, dude. | 这行头不错啊,哥们,你扮演的是谁? |
[00:53] | Who are you supposed to be? | |
[00:56] | Dave. | –戴夫 –不错 |
[00:57] | Cool. | |
[00:59] | And you are? | 你是? |
[01:03] | A cat? | 一只猫? |
[01:05] | We were looking for kitten. | 我就是一只小猫咪 |
[01:12] | Give me one second. | 稍等一下 |
[01:15] | Jim Halpert. – Hey. | –我是杰姆哈尔佩特 –嗨 |
[01:16] | Hey, New York. Happy Halloween. | –嘿,纽约妹,万圣节快乐 –谢谢 |
[01:18] | Thanks. | |
[01:19] | My costume’s getting a lot of attention. | 我的打扮太引人注目了 |
[01:22] | So apparently no one dresses up for Halloween here. | 看起来,这里万圣节没有人会变装 |
[01:26] | I wish I had known that | 真希望我在给自己画上假胡子之前就知道这一点 |
[01:27] | before I used greasepaint for my mustache, | |
[01:30] | and I can’t even take off my hat because then I’m Hitler. | 而且我不能把帽子摘下来 那样的话我就变成了希特勒 |
[01:41] | Want to see a magic trick? | 想看变魔术吗? |
[01:44] | I’m going to make a pencil… | 我要来让这支铅笔… |
[01:49] | …disappear. | …消失 斯兰克顿 欢迎您 敦德 米福林 办公室 |
[02:13] | Okay, I think we are set. | 好了,我觉得东西齐了 |
[02:15] | We have puzzles, string for cat’s cradles. | 有拼图,翻绳子用的绳子 |
[02:20] | Burned this last night. Little road-trip CD. | 这是昨晚刻录的,一张公路旅行CD |
[02:23] | Puppets. | 木偶 |
[02:25] | Look at all this stuff. It’s only seven hours. | 这东西也太多了,只有七个小时而已 |
[02:28] | When corporate found out that we were dating, they decided | 当公司发现我们俩在交往的时候 |
[02:31] | they were going to transfer Holly back | 他们决定将霍莉调回 |
[02:33] | to her old branch in Nashua, New Hampshire. | 她之前的纳舒厄分部,在新罕布什尔 |
[02:35] | Michael’s taking a personal day to move me out. | 迈克尔请了一天假来帮我搬东西 |
[02:37] | Road trip! | 公路旅行 |
[02:38] | Right? | –对吧? –呼叫19号线,收到没? |
[02:39] | Breaker 1-9, copy? | |
[02:43] | Copy that, breaker! | 收到了,电台迷! 那些正义先锋们又出发了 |
[02:44] | Those Duke boys are at it again. | |
[02:46] | Hey, do not touch my radio. | 嘿,别碰我的无线电 |
[02:50] | We’re not. Kidding. | –我们没碰 –开玩笑的 |
[02:52] | We’re not doing anything. | 我们什么也没做 |
[02:54] | It’s been a weird week since we found out I had a transfer. | 自从调令下来之后,这周过得怪怪的 |
[02:57] | Michael wanted me to quit and get some job here in Scranton, | 迈克尔想让我辞职然后在斯兰克顿找个工作 |
[02:59] | and I said, “Well, why don’t you quit and get some job in Nashua?” | 而我说:“你为什么不辞职去纳舒厄找工作?” |
[03:02] | And he said, “I asked you first,” | 他说:“是我先问的” 我说我们俩是同时说的 |
[03:03] | and I said first at the same time he did, | |
[03:05] | and then I said, “Jinx.” | 然后我说:“倒霉” |
[03:06] | And then we never talked about it again | 之后我们谁也没提这事了 |
[03:10] | and haven’t been back to the conversation, so… | 也没有再谈这个话题了,所以… |
[03:13] | All right, everybody, I am out of here. | 好了,各位,我出去了 |
[03:16] | Jim, you are in charge. | 杰姆,这里交给你了 |
[03:17] | I’ll walk you out. | –我送送你 –你真是个绅士 |
[03:18] | You are quite the gentleman. | |
[03:24] | You can let people go a couple minutes early if you want. | 你可以让大家提前几分钟下班 |
[03:26] | All right, we’ll see. I am off to New York. | 好的,再说吧,我要去纽约 |
[03:30] | My brother Pete from Boston and my brother Tom from New Jersey | 我波士顿的哥哥皮特和新泽西的哥哥汤姆 |
[03:33] | are taking Pam and I out for lunch to celebrate the engagement. | 约我和潘去吃午餐,庆祝我们订婚 |
[03:37] | Or maybe to beat me up. | 或者会痛揍我一顿 这两人我从来都摸不准 |
[03:39] | I can never tell with those two. | |
[03:47] | Morning, temp. | –早上好,临时工 –早上好 |
[03:49] | Morning. | |
[03:50] | Wow. Good morning, Dwight. | 哇,早上好,德怀特 |
[03:52] | I thought I’d go casual today. | 我今天想穿得休闲些 |
[03:55] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[03:57] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:59] | Hello. | 嗨 康奈尔大学 |
[04:02] | How you doing? How are you, Phyllis? | 今天怎么样?菲丽丝,你好吗? |
[04:06] | That’s funny. | 真有意思 |
[04:09] | Take that sweatshirt off. | 把那个长袖T恤脱下来 |
[04:17] | Hey, buddy. | –嘿,伙计 –安迪 |
[04:19] | Andy. | |
[04:20] | Do you remember when I jokingly | 你知道我叫你把这个长袖T恤脱下来 是开玩笑的对吧? |
[04:21] | yelled at you to take your sweatshirt off? | |
[04:24] | Totally joking, but you should know those colors are sacred. | 纯粹开玩笑,但是你应该知道这衣服是有含义的 |
[04:28] | Not that I care, but if you’re not a Cornell man, | 虽然我不在乎这个,但是如果你没上过康奈尔大学 |
[04:32] | you probably shouldn’t wear them. | –就不应该穿这身 –好的,我明白 |
[04:33] | No, I get it. | |
[04:35] | I totally understand, and I just want to assure you that | 我完全理解,我向你保证 |
[04:38] | I mean no disrespect. You see, I’m applying. | 我完全没有不敬的意思 你看,我正在申请 |
[04:44] | Come on. You think you could get into Cornell? | 得了吧,你以为你能进康奈尔大学? |
[04:45] | Well, if someone who barely outsells Phyllis | 如果那些销售业绩不如菲丽丝的人能进 我应该也问题不大 |
[04:48] | can get in, then I should be fine. | |
[04:50] | I’m sitting right here, Dwight. | 我可是能听见你说话,德怀特 |
[04:51] | I meant that as a compliment | 我这话对你是种赞美,但是对安迪来说就是侮辱 |
[04:52] | to you, Phyllis, as well as a slight to Andy. | |
[04:56] | Cornell is a good school, and I want to better myself | 康奈尔是所名校,我也想通过高等教育 |
[04:58] | through higher education. | 提高自身素质,如果这让安迪不爽,就让他不爽吧 |
[05:00] | If it makes Andy angry, so be it. | |
[05:07] | I have to unpack this weekend, but maybe next weekend | 这周末我要收拾东西,但是也许下周末 |
[05:09] | we go to the outlets. Cool. | –我们可以去大采购 –很好 |
[05:10] | Mike, you driving this every weekend? | 迈克尔,你每周都开车过去? |
[05:12] | We’re going to switch back and forth with the driving. | 我们打算轮换着开车来回跑 |
[05:14] | Sometimes we’ll just meet in the middle. Be fun. | 有时候可能会在两地中间的地方碰面,会很有趣的 |
[05:16] | Wait a sec. I love this song. | 等下,我喜欢这首歌 |
[05:22] | Life is a highway I wanna ride it all night long | 生活就像一条高速公路 我整晚都要开着它 |
[05:31] | If you’re going my way I wanna drive it all night long | 如果你跟我一起 我整晚都要开着它 |
[05:40] | If you’re going my way | 如果你跟我一起 |
[05:44] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[05:46] | So, how do you think we’re going to do against Penn this year? | 所以今年你觉得我们要怎么对付宾夕法尼亚大学? |
[05:50] | Nathan Ford’s arm looks pretty strong. | 内森福特的手臂看起来特别壮 |
[05:52] | Well, he’s had a pretty good season so far. Stop saying “we.” | 他有那样的成绩是有原因的 别老是说“我们” |
[05:56] | You did not go to Cornell, okay? | 你又没有上过康奈尔大学,听到没? |
[05:59] | You’re just doing this to screw with me. | 你这么做只是想让我难堪 |
[06:00] | Not so. | 并不是,康奈尔是所顶尖学府 |
[06:01] | Cornell is an excellent school. | 并不是,康奈尔是所顶尖学府 |
[06:02] | Without its agricultural program, | 要是没有它的农学院 我们可能吃不上卷心菜 |
[06:04] | we probably wouldn’t have cabbage, | |
[06:06] | at least not modern cabbage. | 至少吃不上现代卷心菜 |
[06:07] | I know it’s an excellent school, Dwight. | 我知道它是一所顶尖学府,德怀特 |
[06:10] | I went there. My blood runs Big Red. | 那是我的母校,我可是正当的毕业生 |
[06:14] | Someday we’ll both get together in Comstock Hall | 总有一天,我们俩会一起坐在康斯托克大厅 |
[06:17] | and just laugh about all of this. | 对今天的事情一笑置之 |
[06:25] | Hey. | –嗨 –嗨,准弟媳 |
[06:26] | Hey, future baby sis. | |
[06:27] | How are you, Tom? | 你好吗,汤姆? |
[06:29] | Nice to see you. Good. | –很高兴见到你 –我很好 |
[06:30] | I asked Tom and Pete to come early so we could play | 我让汤姆和皮特早点来 这样我们能在午餐时给杰姆来个恶作剧 |
[06:32] | a prank on Jim at lunch. | |
[06:34] | Pretty awesome, right? | 很棒,对吧? |
[06:36] | I think they’re into the idea. | 他们对这个想法很感兴趣 |
[06:38] | They’re probably thinking, “That Pam Beesly, | 他们也许在想:“那个潘潘比斯利 |
[06:40] | “she’s the coolest sister-in-law on the planet. | “她是这个星球上最酷的弟媳 |
[06:44] | “She’s the best, the absolute best.” | “她是最棒的,绝对是最棒的” |
[06:48] | Okay, so here’s what I’m thinking. | 好了,我打算这么干 |
[06:50] | I’m going to say that before ceramics class I took off my ring, | 我会说陶瓷课前我把戒指摘下来了 |
[06:54] | and then when I changed back out of my smock, | 然后等我脱掉工作服后 |
[06:56] | it wasrt in my pocket anymore and I lost it. | 却发现不在兜里,被我弄丢了 |
[07:00] | That’s perfect. You know what would be even more hilarious? | 这太棒了,想要来点更搞笑的吗? |
[07:04] | Remember that thing we did when | 还记得杰姆上高中时 和他的女朋友一起我们干的事情吗? |
[07:06] | Jim was in high school with his girlfriend? | |
[07:07] | Right. That would be hilarious. | 对,那样会更搞笑 |
[07:11] | Yeah, we should totally dog her about being an artist, | 我们应该笑话她作为艺术家 |
[07:14] | never making any money. | –却不挣钱这件事 –太对了 |
[07:15] | That is awesome. | |
[07:16] | Like, she basically has a hobby for a job. | 而她的工作是她的业余爱好 |
[07:19] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[07:21] | So, not the ring, then? | 所以,不用戒指了?不开戒指的玩笑了? |
[07:22] | The… Not doing the ring, though? | |
[07:24] | This is better. The other thing will get Jim… | –这个主意更好 –其他的事情会让杰姆… |
[07:25] | This is nice and it’s fun. It’s fun. | –这个不错,很有意思 –好吧,好吧 |
[07:27] | Okay, okay. | 我们挑剔他的女朋友会让他发狂 |
[07:28] | He hates it when we pick on his girlfriends. | 我们挑剔他的女朋友会让他发狂 |
[07:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:32] | They came up with that idea really fast. | 他们很快就想到了这个主意 |
[07:38] | This trip is longer than I thought. | 这趟旅行比我想得要长啊 |
[07:39] | Yeah, it did look shorter on the map. | 是啊,地图上看起来真的没多远 |
[07:49] | Hey. | |
[07:52] | Wow, I was having a nightmare. | 我刚做了个噩梦 |
[07:53] | You were sleeping? Yes. | –你睡着了? 是的 |
[07:55] | You were talking before. | –可你刚还在说话 –有吗? |
[07:57] | Was I? | |
[07:58] | Really? Was I saying anything interesting? | 真的吗?我有没有说什么傻话? |
[08:01] | Not really. | 那倒没有 |
[08:03] | All right, what’s the scoop? How far? | 好了,现在什么情况?还有多远? |
[08:05] | Four hours. Almost halfway there. | 还有四小时,才走了大概一半 |
[08:08] | We’re only halfway? | –我们才走了一半? –一半,是的 |
[08:09] | Halfway, okay. | |
[08:11] | You know what I want to do? I want to pull over | 知道我想干什么吗?我想先停车 |
[08:13] | and find a little bed and breakfast | 找个以后可以在中间碰面的小旅馆 |
[08:14] | for when we meet in the middle. | |
[08:16] | Emphasis on the bed and the breakfast. | 重点是要有大床,还有早餐 |
[08:20] | Next exit isn’t for 5 miles. | –下一个出口还有八公里 –就去那里看看 |
[08:22] | Let’s check there. | |
[08:25] | Hey, guys. How are you? | –嗨,大家好 –你好吗? |
[08:27] | Hi. Good to see you. | –嗨 –见到你很高兴 |
[08:29] | Nice to see you again, Pam. | –很高兴又见到你了,潘 –潘,咱俩好久没见了 |
[08:31] | Pam, I haven’t seen you in so, so long. | |
[08:35] | All right, so now we can sit | 好了,我们先坐下 |
[08:39] | and get comfortable. | 让自己舒服一点 |
[08:46] | There’s nothing out here, man. | –这里什么也没有,哥们 –是啊 |
[08:47] | Yeah. | |
[08:49] | I don’t know. I just imagined a hotel right here, | 我不知道,我只是想象这里有一家旅馆 |
[08:53] | pool over here, little breakfast place | 游泳池在这边,还有个吃早餐的地方 做的培根非常好吃,只是… |
[08:57] | with really good bacon. Just… | |
[09:08] | Here we go. Fourth time’s the charm. | 来了,第四次肯定行 |
[09:13] | Life’s like a road where… | 生命就像一条路 |
[09:15] | It’s one day here and the next day there | 一天在这里而另一天又在那里 |
[09:17] | Sometimes you deal with the things you don’t | 有时候你应付无法处理 |
[09:20] | Sometimes you… Walk | 有时候你…走路 |
[09:22] | There’s a world out there… | 那是一个世界 |
[09:26] | Hey, are you crying? | –你哭了? –没有? |
[09:30] | No. | |
[09:33] | Allergies? No. | –敏感? –不是 |
[09:36] | Did Darryl touch you? | –是不是达瑞尔摸你了? –什么? |
[09:37] | What? | |
[09:39] | No. Darryl did not touch me. | 没有,达瑞尔没有摸我 我们继续赶路吧,好么? |
[09:41] | Can we just keep going, please? | |
[09:51] | What’s the matter? | –怎么了? –我觉得行不通 |
[09:52] | No. It’s not going to work. | |
[09:54] | There’s too much distance. Sure it is. | –离得太远了 –当然行得通 |
[09:56] | No, no, no. It’s going to work. It’ll be fine. | 不会的,行得通,没问题的 |
[09:58] | Michael, we’ve only been dating each other for a few weeks. | 迈克尔,我们才交往了几个礼拜 |
[10:00] | Listen to me, I like you so much. | –听我说,我非常喜欢你 –我也喜欢你 |
[10:03] | I like you, too. | |
[10:04] | And I’ve dated almost four women in the last… | 我一共跟四个女孩交往过 |
[10:06] | I dated four guys last year, too. | 我去年也交往了四个男生 |
[10:08] | Not last… No, in, like, the last 10 years | 不是去年,我说的是过去十年 |
[10:10] | I’ve dated almost four women, and you are so far above them, it is stupid. | 我交往过四个女生,你比她们强多了,她们很蠢 |
[10:17] | Michael, no, don’t. It is… | –迈克尔,别这样 –那是… |
[10:18] | Don’t make it harder than it has to be. | –别把事情弄得更僵 –我… |
[10:20] | I’m… | |
[10:22] | That’s what she said. | 那是她说的 |
[10:23] | Holly thinks that this relationship is over. | 霍莉觉得这段感情算是到头了 |
[10:26] | Well, you know what? | 知道我怎么想的吗? 我不会这么轻易放弃的 |
[10:28] | I am not going to give up that easy. | |
[10:30] | I’m going to make this way harder than it needs to be. | 我不会让她这么容易得逞 康奈尔 |
[10:38] | Take that down. | 摘下来 |
[10:39] | Excuse me? | –你说什么? –把它摘下来 |
[10:40] | Take that down. | |
[10:43] | You know, I once dated a couple guys from Cornell. | 我以前跟康奈尔大学的学生约会过 |
[10:45] | They were really nice. They gave me a ride home. | 他们人很好,还送我回家 |
[10:47] | I seriously doubt that anyone from Cornell dated you. | 我才不信康奈尔大学的学生会跟你约会 |
[10:49] | It’s pronounced “Colonel.” It’s the highest rank in the military. | 那个词是陆军上校的意思,军队里面的最高军衔 |
[10:52] | It’s pronounced “Cornell.” It’s the highest rank in the lvy League. | 那个词是康奈尔大学的意思 常青藤联盟排名第一的大学 |
[10:56] | Andy, let’s just talk about this man to man after work. | 安迪,咱们下班以后私下谈谈这个,以男人的方式 |
[11:00] | Fine. What do you say, okay? | –很好 –你觉得怎么样? |
[11:02] | Yeah. Good. Can we… | 好,没问题,我们… |
[11:08] | That’s Big Red Bear. | 这不是大红熊嘛 |
[11:09] | That’s a bobble Big Red Bear. God! | 那是大红熊摇头玩偶,天哪! |
[11:16] | And if you leave on Friday by 5:00, | 如果星期五下午五点出发,顺利的话,半夜才到 |
[11:19] | you’ll be rolling in at midnight at best… | |
[11:22] | Yeah. | –是的 –然后星期六要补觉 |
[11:23] | …and then sleep in Saturday. | |
[11:26] | That only leaves us less than 24 hours | 这样我们在一起待不到24个小时 |
[11:28] | before you have to go back again. | –你就又得回去了 –好吧好吧 |
[11:29] | Okay. Okay. | |
[11:30] | I will talk to you on the Bluetooth the entire trip | 我在来的路上会用蓝牙耳机给你打电话 |
[11:33] | so we’re talking constantly all the way. | 这样咱们能聊上一路 |
[11:36] | I’ll tell you everything that I see, everything that I pass by, | 我会告诉你我一路上看到的和路过的所有景色 |
[11:39] | things that I witness on the road. | –还有路上发生的所有事情 –那个… |
[11:40] | Well… | |
[11:41] | Maybe I’ll see an accident one weekend. | 也许某个周末我会看到一场车祸 |
[11:43] | How long can we keep that up? | –咱们这样能坚持多久? –很多年 |
[11:44] | Years. | |
[11:46] | Years? Yeah. | –很多年? –是啊 |
[11:47] | Years of just a few hours every weekend? | 每周末在一起几小时要过上很多年? |
[11:50] | Here’s my wish, | 我的愿望是你能遇到一个好人,我希望你能幸福 |
[11:51] | I want you to meet a great guy and I want you to be happy. | |
[11:56] | Thank you. | –谢谢 –顺便提下,我的愿望成真了 |
[11:58] | My wish has come true, incidentally, | |
[12:00] | because you’ve met me and you are happy. | 因为你遇到了我,而且你很幸福 |
[12:05] | Clever, Mike. | 脸皮真厚,迈克尔 |
[12:07] | So, Pam, how much money does an artist make | 潘,艺术生毕业以后,当艺术家能挣多少钱? |
[12:10] | after they leave art school? | |
[12:12] | Yeah, not a lot of money in the arts, right? | 艺术家挣不了多少钱,对吧? |
[12:14] | That’s not really true. | 其实并不是那样 |
[12:15] | There’s a lot of things you can do with an art degree, actually. | 有了艺术学位,有很多事情可以做 |
[12:18] | Maybe Pam should pay the check | 说不定可以让潘在这个餐巾纸上 画幅画作为这顿饭钱 |
[12:19] | by drawing a picture on this napkin. | |
[12:23] | Wow, that’s a little rude. | 那样说挺过分的 |
[12:26] | What’s your deal? | –你想怎么样? –嘿,开个玩笑而已,吉米 |
[12:27] | Hey, just having fun, Jimmy. | |
[12:28] | Yeah. Right, Pam? | –对吧,潘? –是的 |
[12:30] | Yep. | |
[12:37] | You know what? I think we’re a great couple. | 我觉得吧,咱俩是很棒的一对 |
[12:39] | I think we are a classic couple. | 那种模范情侣,像是罗密欧和朱丽叶 |
[12:41] | I think we are like Romeo and Juliet. | |
[12:43] | I think we go together so well. | 我们非常般配,就像花生酱和果酱 |
[12:47] | We’re like peanut butter and jelly. | |
[12:49] | Don’t you think? I do. I think so, Mike. | –你觉得呢? –我也这么觉得,迈克尔 |
[12:51] | Well, then don’t do it. Please don’t do this! | 那就别这样,拜托你不要这样 |
[12:53] | Please don’t do this! | |
[12:54] | Hey, what’s up? Just thought I’d try you. | 嘿,你好吗?我只是跟你打个招呼 |
[12:57] | Thinking about that story where | 我在想那个你偶遇被你照顾过的女孩的故事 |
[12:59] | you ran into the girl you used to baby-sit. | |
[13:01] | I don’t know what I am gonna do. | 我不知道我该怎么办 |
[13:02] | Please call me back. | 请回电 |
[13:04] | Please… I promise you. | –请… –我向你保证 |
[13:05] | I’m not going to be okay. Please… | –我会受不了的 –请… |
[13:06] | No, I won’t. | 不,我不行 |
[13:07] | I’m not strong. I’ll go back to Jan, and I hate Jan. | 我不够坚强,我只能回去找简,但是我讨厌简 |
[13:11] | Oh, God. | 哦,天哪 |
[13:16] | You might be… | –也许你想… –干嘛? |
[13:17] | What? | |
[13:21] | Dwight… | –德怀特… –安迪,我正想问你呢 |
[13:22] | Andy, I’ve been meaning to ask you. | |
[13:23] | Which a cappella group should I join? | 我应该加入哪个无伴奏合唱组? |
[13:25] | The Harmoniacs? Or the Do-Re-Migos? | 和声乐队还是乐谱乐队? |
[13:31] | Assuming you had the voice to be in any of them, it’s irrelevant, | 即使你的歌声能通过随便哪个乐队的考核,都不重要 |
[13:36] | because I called admissions and it looks like | 因为我打给了学校招生办,他们说 |
[13:38] | I will be conducting your university interview. | 将由我来对你进行入学面试考核 |
[13:42] | That’s a conflict of interest. | –那是利益冲突 –对啊,冲突不小 |
[13:43] | Yeah. Big one. | |
[13:45] | So should I not let you in now? | 所以我应该现在拒了你呢? 还是等你参加完面试 |
[13:47] | Or do you want to do the interview | |
[13:49] | and then I won’t let you in? | 再把你给拒了呢? |
[13:53] | Interview. Excellent. | –面试 –很好 |
[13:57] | When the hour glass strikes 3:00, then in the room | 当三点的钟声敲响时 |
[14:01] | whence employees confer. | 那么就在员工会室见 |
[14:05] | What? The conference room. | –什么? –会议室 |
[14:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:13] | Who are your role models? | 你的模范榜样是谁? |
[14:15] | If I had to put Dwight’s chances into a percentage, | 如果要我说德怀特能被录取的概率 |
[14:17] | I would say he has none percent chance. | 我会说他的概率是零蛋 |
[14:20] | So, Dane Cook, | 所以是戴恩库克 |
[14:23] | Jack Bauer and Eli Whitney. | 杰克鲍尔和伊莱惠特尼 |
[14:31] | You’re doing great. | 你表现得不错 |
[14:33] | Life is a highway | |
[14:35] | I wanna ride it all night long | |
[14:42] | Oh, wow. This is my niece Vanessa. | 这是我的侄女瓦妮莎 |
[14:46] | She’s a trumpeter, and look at her. | 她是个小号手,看看她 |
[14:48] | Cute. That must be really fun | –真可爱 –你和玛尔茜 |
[14:50] | for you and Marci, huh? Yep. | –心里肯定美开花了吧? –是啊 |
[14:51] | She only knows how to play When the Saints Go Marching In. | 她只会演奏《圣者的行进》 |
[14:54] | I love that one. | –我喜欢那首歌 –是啊,但是她不会 |
[14:55] | Yeah, but she doesn’t think | |
[14:56] | she’s going to be, like, a career musician, right? | 只想做一个音乐家的,对吧? |
[14:59] | Here we go again. What is your deal today? | 又来了,你们想说什么? |
[15:01] | I’m just saying how many famous trumpeters | 我只是想说,除了路易斯阿姆斯壮 你还知道几个著名的小号演奏家? |
[15:03] | can you name besides Louis Armstrong? | |
[15:04] | Miles Davis. One. | –迈尔士戴维斯 –一个 |
[15:05] | Chet something. Half. | –切特什么来着 –半个 |
[15:07] | The point is, Pam, that there are jobs… | 重点是,潘,工作… |
[15:09] | Dizzy Gillespie. Also good. | –迪兹吉莱斯皮 –也算是 |
[15:11] | …and there are hobbies. I love baseball more than anything, | …和兴趣是分开的,我爱棒球胜过一切 |
[15:13] | but you don’t see me trying to get on the Mets. | 但你也没见我加入大都会棒球对吧 |
[15:15] | You don’t. Pete, you couldn’t make the Mets. | –确实没有 –皮特,你进不了大都会 |
[15:16] | She’s at Pratt. | 她读的是普瑞特艺术学院 |
[15:17] | You played JV baseball. | 你只不过进了大学初级球队 你这种根本不能比好吗? |
[15:19] | Will you lighten up a little bit? | |
[15:20] | I’m just calling it like I see it. | 我只是就事论事而已 |
[15:22] | I don’t know if I’m going to make any money | 我不知道我能不能在艺术上 |
[15:23] | with art. Pam, don’t worry about it. | –赚钱 –潘,别理他们 |
[15:24] | I mean, it’s a very competitive field, but I have a professor | 这是个竞争激烈的行业,但是我的教授 |
[15:27] | who says that I have a lot of promise, | 说我非常有天赋,如果我现在不尝试,就没有机会了 |
[15:28] | and if I don’t try now, I never will, so… | |
[15:32] | Guys, what is going on? | 各位,到底怎么了? |
[15:38] | We pranked you. | –我们在恶搞你 –是潘的主意 |
[15:40] | It was Pam’s idea. | |
[15:41] | Pam was the mastermind. | –潘是幕后指使 –耍到你了 |
[15:44] | Got you. | |
[15:45] | That was killer. I was so close to blowing it. | 太完美了,我差点就露馅了 |
[15:50] | Let’s see how well you know your Big Red history. | 现在看看你对康奈尔大学的历史了解多少 |
[15:52] | Bring it. | –放马过来 –康奈尔大学的第八任校长是谁? |
[15:53] | Who was Cornell’s eighth president? | |
[15:54] | Dale Raymond Corson. | 戴尔雷蒙德科森 |
[15:56] | I’m sorry, that’s incorrect. Cornell’s seventh president was, in fact, | 不好意思,错了,那是第七任校长 应该是 |
[15:59] | James A. Perkins. | 杰姆斯A帕金斯 |
[16:00] | “Comprehension skills subpar.” | “理解能力,不及格” |
[16:03] | “Interviewing skills, subpar.” | –“面试技巧,不及格” –你在写什么 |
[16:07] | What are you writing? | |
[16:08] | You can’t even give Cornell your full attention. | 你甚至不能在面试时集中精神 |
[16:10] | On the contrary, I’m helping Cornell | 真好相反,我在帮康奈尔评估他们的面试官 |
[16:12] | by evaluating their interviewers. | |
[16:14] | Nobody wants that to happen. | 没人要你这么做 |
[16:16] | Well, when they get my evaluation, | 那就瞧瞧当他们收到我的评估时,会不会对此感兴趣 |
[16:18] | we’ll see if they’re interested. | |
[16:20] | “Applicant is attempting to blackmail interviewer, | “申请人试图威胁面试官 |
[16:23] | “showing low moral character.” | “表现出极低的道德水准” |
[16:26] | “Interviewer is threatening applicant | “面试官以霸道的面试流程威胁申请人” |
[16:27] | “with an arbitrary review process.” | |
[16:29] | “Applicant is wasting everyone’s time | “申请人使用无聊愚蠢的指责浪费所有人的时间” |
[16:31] | “with stupid and inane accusations.” | |
[16:33] | “Interviewer has suspect motives.” | “面试官动机不纯” |
[16:36] | “Applicant has a head shaped like a trapezoid.” | “申请人的脑袋形状很方” |
[16:40] | “Interviewer has turned off applicant’s interest in Cornell | “面试官让申请人丧失了对康奈尔大学的兴趣 |
[16:43] | “and they are going to go to the vastly superior Dartmouth.” | “他们叫转而申请更优秀的达特茅斯学院” |
[16:47] | Ever heard of it? | 听过没有? |
[16:48] | I think I have everything I need. | –我想我该有的都有了 –我想我该有的都有了 |
[16:49] | I think I have everything I need. | |
[16:51] | You’ll be hearing from the Cornell Application Department. | 你将收到来自康奈尔招生部门的消息 |
[16:53] | And you will be hearing from the Cornell Application Department. | 你将收到来自康奈尔招生部门的消息 |
[16:55] | And you will not be pleased with the result! | 而你会对结果非常不满意! |
[16:57] | And your affiliation with Cornell will end completely. | 而你与康奈尔大学的关系也将终结 |
[17:02] | That is all, sir. You may go. | 就这样了,先生,你可以走了 |
[17:18] | There’s another dolly in the truck, Mike. | 货车里还有一个手推车呢 |
[17:20] | You can take more than that lamp. | 你不用只拿一盏台灯吧 |
[17:24] | For the record, I wanted to go another direction, | 我声明一下,我本来想了个别的恶作剧 要比这个好多了 |
[17:26] | which was way better. | |
[17:28] | Well, I’ll be the judge of that. | 好不好由我来定 |
[17:30] | What do you got? | –计划是什么? –好吧,我在陶瓷课上把 |
[17:31] | Okay, I lost my engagement ring | |
[17:33] | in ceramics class, left it in my smock. | 订婚戒指弄丢了,落在工作服里 |
[17:36] | I had this whole thing where I go back to class, | 然后我生气地返回课堂 |
[17:39] | wrongly accuse another girl. Look, I even used makeup | 错误地指责另一个女孩 你看,我甚至用化妆品 |
[17:42] | to put a ring around my finger. | 在手上画了个戒指,你几乎看不出来 |
[17:43] | You can hardly see it. | |
[17:44] | It’s very subtle. That is good. | –非常隐蔽 –这个很不错 |
[17:46] | Thank you. | –谢谢 –说实话,随便哪个 |
[17:47] | Truthfully, anything would have been | |
[17:48] | better than that prank. | 都比那个恶作剧好多了 |
[17:52] | Text message from my brother. “Pam cool. Welcome to the family.” | 我老哥发来的短信 “潘很不错,欢迎来到这个大家庭” |
[17:57] | Hey, how about at Thanksgiving | 感恩节的时候,我们恶搞汤姆的秃头如何? |
[17:58] | we “prank” Tom about being bald? | |
[18:01] | This is the last of it. | –这是最后一件了 –这个其实是我的 还是把它放到车里吧 |
[18:02] | That’s mine, actually. | |
[18:04] | Maybe put it back in the truck. | |
[18:06] | You’re not staying? | –你不留下来? –我周末还有 |
[18:08] | You know, I have some things | |
[18:09] | I need to do this weekend. | 其他的事情,我刚想起来,所以… |
[18:11] | I just remembered, so… | |
[18:13] | I’ll just ride back with you. | 我跟你一起回去 |
[18:15] | But you want me to put it back in the truck? | 那你要我把它放回车里? |
[18:16] | I’ll be down in just a sec. | 我一会儿就下来 |
[18:20] | Holly? | 霍莉? |
[18:23] | So… | 那个… |
[18:27] | I think I’m going to go back with Darryl. | 我想我还是跟达瑞尔一起回去 |
[18:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:41] | Bye. | –再见 –再见 |
[18:42] | Okay, bye. | |
[19:08] | I know it’s hard, Mike. | 我知道这很难,迈克尔 |
[19:12] | Breakups hurt. | 分手挺痛苦的 |
[19:14] | We didn’t break up. | 我们没有分手 |
[19:17] | Looked like it. | 看上去像 |
[19:22] | Sometimes when I’m down like this, it helps to sing the blues. | 我有时这么低落的时候,唱唱蓝调挺管用的 |
[19:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:36] | That’s a really pretty song. | 那歌真的挺好听的 |
[19:40] | No, no, check it out, look. | 不,不,仔细听一下,你听 |
[19:43] | When I do that… Okay. | –我这么做的时候… –好的 |
[19:45] | …that’s when you hit me with what’s getting you down. | …你就将让你难过的事情发泄出来 |
[19:47] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:56] | No, wait, you’re supposed to… | 等下,你应该… |
[20:00] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[20:13] | Yeah. | 就这样 |
[20:16] | Yeah. | 就这样 |
[20:27] | Well, I thought I’d come in casual today. | 我想今天穿得随意些 |
[20:30] | Man, hungry. Anyone else feel like a beet? | 好饿,谁想吃甜菜? |
[20:35] | Where did you get those? | –你这些哪儿弄的? –这些? |
[20:36] | What, these? | |
[20:39] | Bernard Farms. Best beets in the state. | 伯纳德农场,全美最好的甜菜 |
[20:41] | I see what you are doing, | 我知道你在干什么 但是我不知道你的最终目的是什么 |
[20:43] | but I do not know where you are going with this. | |
[20:45] | Well, you will as soon as you visit my new beet farm. | 你会知道的,去我的新农场看看就知道了 |
[20:56] | You’re supposed to cook these, aren’t you? | 这些是要煮熟了再吃是吗? |
[20:59] | Cornell. | 还康奈尔呢 |