时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[00:12] | Looks like a red wire. | 看起来像是根红线 |
[00:14] | Well… | 哦… |
[00:16] | It wasrt here before. | 它之前没在这里啊 |
[00:18] | It’s a computer, Dwight. I mean, computers have wires. | 这是个电脑,德怀特 我是说,电脑都有线的 |
[00:21] | Yours doesn’t. | 你的就没有 |
[00:23] | Doesrt it? | –没有吗? –没有 |
[00:25] | No. | |
[00:28] | It’s going in a different direction than the other wires. | 它和其它线的方向不同 |
[00:30] | Dwight, I’m really busy. I can’t talk about this anymore. | 德怀特,我真的很忙 我没时间和你扯了 |
[00:49] | Dwight, get out of here. Just shut up, Phyllis. | –德怀特,走开 –闭嘴,菲利斯 |
[00:58] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢? |
[01:07] | I got 500 feet of red wire at a flea market out by Dunmore High School. | 我在跳蚤市场买了500英尺的红线 就在顿摩尔高中那边 |
[01:12] | Twenty bucks for the whole spool. | 一共只花了20块 |
[01:14] | Crazy. What a deal. | 疯了吧,真是太划算了 他没事的,是我挂上去的 斯克兰顿 欢迎您 敦德 米福林 接待员 办公室 |
[01:21] | Oh! He’ll be fine. I made it up there. | |
[01:57] | What you talking ’bout, Wallace? | 你有啥要说呢,华莱士? |
[01:59] | Hi, Michael. How are you? Hi. | –嗨,迈克尔,你好吗? –嗨 |
[02:00] | I’m well. How are you? | –我很好,你呢? –非常好 |
[02:02] | Very good. | |
[02:03] | So, listen, as you know, | 那个,听我说,你也知道 |
[02:05] | we haven’t yet filled the Regional Supervisor job. | 我们还没请到新的区域主管 |
[02:07] | Oh, have you not? Correct. | –还没有吗? –对啊 |
[02:09] | And I was wondering if I could get you to do some of the fieldwork | 所以,我在想,能不能让你 去做一些实地的调研 |
[02:13] | that would normally go to the supervisor. | 这工作通常是主管要做的 |
[02:15] | Okay. There’s an area from Carbondale to Marshbrook… | 嗯,在卡本代尔和马什布鲁克之间有片区域… |
[02:19] | Yeah. …where we’ve never done any business. | –是的 –…我们在那儿还没做成过业务 |
[02:20] | There’s a small company there, Prince Paper. | 那儿有个小公司, 王子纸业 |
[02:23] | I can’t get a report on it | 我拿不到它的资料 因为它是个私人公司 |
[02:24] | because it’s not a public company, | |
[02:26] | but we’ve been talking about going after their market, | 但是,我们一直在打算进入他们的市场 |
[02:28] | so I was hoping you could do some fact-finding for me. | 所以我希望你可以帮我去当地搜集资料 |
[02:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:32] | I’ll fax over some of the things we’re looking for, okay? | 我会传真给你 我们需要的情报,行吗? |
[02:34] | Fax? Why don’t you just send it over on a dinosaur? | 传真? 你干嘛不派个恐龙送过来呢? |
[02:38] | This is important, Michael. | –这很重要,迈克尔 –哦,那就发电子邮件嘛,大卫 |
[02:39] | Oh! Well, then e-mail it, David. | |
[02:43] | You’ve got no taste, Stanley Hudson. | –你简直毫无品味,斯坦利哈德森 –我有 |
[02:45] | Oh, I do. | |
[02:46] | What are you guys talking about? | –你们在说什么呢? –某个女演员,说她火不火热 |
[02:47] | Some actress, whether she’s hot. | |
[02:50] | Who’s the gal in question? | –你们讨论哪个姐们呢? –希拉里斯万克 希拉里斯万克 |
[02:51] | Hilary Swank. | |
[02:53] | Ah! Hilary Swank. | |
[02:57] | Not at all. | –一点不火热 –看她眼睛就知道她刻薄 |
[02:58] | She’s got mean eyes. | |
[02:59] | Have you seen her with her bangs? | –你们看过她的刘海造型吗? –她看起来就像个怪物 |
[03:01] | She looks like a monster. | |
[03:02] | Guys, she is a beautiful movie star, | 各位,她是个很美的电影明星 所以,我们也许该回去工作了 |
[03:05] | so maybe we should just go to work. | |
[03:07] | She is an amazing actress. | 她的演技很棒 |
[03:09] | That’s not the question. She’s not hot. | –我们讨论的又不是演技 –她一点不火热 |
[03:11] | Yeah. Thank you, Phyllis. – Okay, okay, okay. | –嗯,谢谢你,菲利斯 –好的,好吧,好吧 |
[03:13] | Why don’t we just put this to a vote, | 我们要不来投个票吧? 然后就别再争了 |
[03:15] | and then we’ll be done with it? | |
[03:16] | I’m not voting. No one cares. | –我才不投票 –谁在乎啊 |
[03:18] | Who thinks that Hilary Swank is hot? Raise your hand. | 觉得希拉里斯万克火热的,请举手 |
[03:23] | Okay, and who thinks that Hilary Swank is not hot? Raise your hand. | 觉得希拉里斯万克不火热的呢?请举手 |
[03:30] | Five. Five to five. | 五个,五对五 |
[03:32] | Thank you, accounting department. | 谢谢你们,会计部 |
[03:34] | So, what do we do now? | 那么,我们现在怎么办? |
[03:35] | What if the owner of Prince Family Paper has a beautiful daughter, | 假如王子家族纸业的老板有个漂亮女儿 |
[03:38] | and we have to seduce her in order to get their secrets? | 而我们必须要色诱她 才能获取他们的机密怎么办? |
[03:40] | I will seduce her. | 我负责色诱她 |
[03:41] | No, I want to seduce her. I’ll seduce her. | –不,我想要色诱她 –我来色诱她 |
[03:42] | Let me seduce her. Michael, please. No, no, no. I got it. | –让我来色诱嘛,迈克尔,拜托 –不,不,不行,我来搞定 |
[03:46] | You’ll fall in love with her. | –你会爱上她的 –所以呢?爱上了又怎么样? |
[03:48] | Yeah? So what if I did? | |
[03:49] | That would take precedence, and I would expect your support. | 那我们的爱就是最高优先级 你要支持我们哦 |
[03:53] | Okay, so let’s go over the plan again. | 好吧,我们再过一遍这个计划 |
[03:55] | All right. I am a local business owner. Mmm-hmm. | 好的,我是当地的一个企业主 |
[03:57] | I need to buy paper. Yep. | –我需要买纸 –没错 |
[03:58] | I find out everything about their prices and policies. | 我要摸清他们的价格和销售策略 |
[04:00] | Your fictitious name? Michael Scarn. | –你用什么化名? –迈克尔斯卡恩 |
[04:02] | Good. I am a paper salesman looking for a new job. | 很好,我是一名纸品推销员 在找一份新工作 |
[04:05] | I find out everything about their expenses and salaries. | 我会摸清他们的支出和薪水 |
[04:07] | Okay. Then we meet at the Denny’s, | –很好 –然后我们在丹尼餐馆见面 |
[04:09] | and we compare notes. No. No. I never said Denny’s. IHOP. | –然后对比一下我们的情报 –不,不行,我没提丹尼餐馆,是爱和松饼屋 |
[04:12] | No. I said Denny’s. IHOP. We’re going to IHOP. | –不要,我说的丹尼餐馆 –我们要去的是爱和松饼屋 |
[04:13] | You know how I feel about IHOP. Don’t start. | –你知道我不喜欢爱和松饼屋 –别这样 |
[04:16] | Don’t… You know what? Socialist. | –别…你知道吗? –你个社会主义分子 |
[04:17] | I don’t want to get into this debate again. Okay. | –我不想跟你吵 –好的 |
[04:19] | I enjoy IHOP. | –我喜欢爱和松饼屋 –那我就只喝咖啡 |
[04:20] | I’ll have a cup of coffee. | |
[04:21] | You will have pancakes, and you’ll like it. | 你要吃松饼,你会爱上的 |
[04:32] | The store next to them is for lease. | 他们旁边的店面待租呢 |
[04:34] | So what? | –所以呢? –那就是说,他们没有扩张 |
[04:35] | It means they’re not expanding. | |
[04:37] | Maybe they’re shrinking. No. | –也许他们的生意在萎缩 –没有 |
[04:39] | They could be shrinking. No, because the sign is centered | –他们可能已经萎缩了 –不会,因为他们的标牌好好的 |
[04:41] | perfectly above their store. No sign of the sign being moved. | 完美地挂在店面的上方中心位置 没有要移除标牌的迹象 |
[04:44] | Ah-ha! | |
[04:45] | Yep. | 没错 |
[04:47] | It’s lunch-time, but no sign of anyone coming in or out, | 现在是午餐时间 但是也没有人出入的迹象 |
[04:51] | which means they’re not taking new customers out to lunch, | 那就是说 他们没有新的客户可以带出去吃饭 |
[04:54] | which means they’re not acquiring new business, | 那也就是说,他们没有新业务 |
[04:55] | so once again, no growth. | 所以再次说明,他们的业务没有增长 |
[04:57] | Yeah. There are clouds, clouds in the sky. | 嗯,这天上还有云呢 |
[05:00] | Means it’s going to rain. Bad for business. | 说明马上要下雨了 对做生意而言不是好兆头哦 |
[05:03] | It would if they were altocumulus and not cirrostratus. | 如果是高积云,那确实要下雨了 可惜这是卷积云 |
[05:05] | Why do… Okay. | 你为什么…算了 |
[05:07] | Michael. Whatever. | –迈克尔 –随便吧 |
[05:08] | Get your clouds right. Shut up. | –你得多学点云的知识 –闭嘴吧 |
[05:10] | Okay, so you go in now. Mmm-hmm. | 好了,你现在进去 我10分钟后再进去 |
[05:13] | I’m gonna go in, in exactly 10 minutes. | |
[05:15] | We have never met each other. We are complete strangers. | 我们之前从未见过 我们完全是陌生人 |
[05:17] | Right. Also, we’re going to need a signal | –好的 –另外,我们需要个暗号 |
[05:19] | to bolt out of there, in case there is danger. Fine. | 要是有危险,我们可以逃出来 |
[05:21] | And that signal is lick your lips. Try it. | –好的 –那个暗号就是,舔嘴唇 试一次 |
[05:25] | No, no, no, like this. | 不,不,不是,要像这样 |
[05:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[05:35] | Ready to do this? Yeah. | –准备好了吗? –好了 |
[05:37] | All right, here come the sharks. | 好的,大鲨鱼来咯 |
[05:59] | In nature, there is something called the food chain. | 在大自然中, 有个玩意儿叫做食物链 |
[06:02] | It is where the shark eats the little shark, | 也就是鲨鱼会吃小鲨鱼 |
[06:05] | and the little shark eats the littler shark, | 小鲨鱼会吃小小鲨鱼 |
[06:07] | and so on | and so on and so on, 如此这般,如此这般 |
[06:09] | until you get down to the single-cell shark. | 一直到最低级的单细胞鲨鱼 |
[06:12] | So, now replace sharks with paper companies, | 现在,把鲨鱼替换成造纸公司 |
[06:15] | and that is all you need to know about business. | 这就是做生意的真谛 |
[06:20] | Hello? Hello. | –你好? –你好 |
[06:22] | Hello. Hi. | –你好 –嗨 |
[06:24] | Hi. How can I help you? | –嗨 –需要点什么吗? |
[06:26] | My name is Michael Scarn. | 我的名字是迈克尔斯卡恩 |
[06:28] | I am a local business owner, | 我是本地的企业主 |
[06:30] | and I would like to find out about your company. | 我想了解一下贵公司 |
[06:34] | Please come in. Thank you. | –请进 –谢谢 |
[06:39] | What kind of business are you in? | –你是做哪行的? –我们是家律师事务所 |
[06:41] | We’re a law firm. | |
[06:42] | I assume your primary paper needs are stationery, general office. | 我猜你们最需要的纸品是 一般的办公室用信笺 |
[06:46] | You know, I’ll be honest with you about something. | 我就开诚布公地告诉你点事儿吧 |
[06:49] | Where I used to live, our paper supplier had a lot of big clients, | 在我之前住的地方 我们的纸品供应商有很多大客户 |
[06:53] | and I just didn’t feel like a priority. | 我就感觉自己没有受到优待 |
[06:56] | So I guess my question to you would be, | 所以我想问问你们 |
[07:02] | how many clients do you have? | 你们有多少客户呢? |
[07:04] | About 80. | –80个左右 –真的吗?那么多吗? |
[07:05] | Really? That many? | |
[07:07] | This doesn’t seem like a very big operation. | 你们公司的规模看起来没那么大啊 |
[07:09] | Well, it’s just me, my wife and my son. | 我们公司就只有我,我妻子和儿子 那,这店是什么时候开起来的? |
[07:12] | Ah! So, when did you set up shop? | |
[07:16] | I opened this place after I came back from Vietnam. | 我从越南回来后,就开了这家店 越南啊,我听说那儿不错 |
[07:18] | Ooh, Vietnam. I hear it’s lovely. | |
[07:22] | Mmm. | |
[07:23] | Each side will have three minutes to prepare opening arguments. | 每一方都有三分钟时间准备开场辩词 |
[07:26] | Topic. Hilary Swank is attractive. | 辩题是,希拉里斯万克充满诱惑 |
[07:29] | Hot. | Hot. –是火热 –火热啦 |
[07:30] | The debate is whether she’s hot. | –辩论的是她火不火热 –有什么区别吗? |
[07:32] | What difference does it make? | |
[07:33] | Attractive, hot, beautiful. We’re talking about the same thing here. | 诱惑,火热,漂亮 我们说的都是同一件事 |
[07:35] | Huge difference. A painting can be beautiful, | 区别大了去了 一幅画可以很漂亮 |
[07:39] | but I don’t want to bang a painting. | –但我可不想上一幅画 –好吧,说得太多了 |
[07:41] | Okay. TMI. | |
[07:43] | So, even specialty paper, say 94 brightness, double-bonded, | 所以,即便是特种纸 比如94号光洁度的双层纸 |
[07:46] | you would put that on the same truck as your conventional stock? | 你们也会跟传统的货一起运咯? |
[07:49] | You sure know a lot about paper for a lawyer. | 作为一个律师,你对纸业挺了解的哈 |
[07:52] | Oh! Well, that is because I am a genius. | 哦,那是因为,我是个天才 |
[07:56] | Oh, really? Yes. | –是吗? –是啊 |
[07:58] | Well, about some things, and other things I’m just… I’m very stupid. | 嗯,某些方面吧 而有的事情,我就… 一窍不通了 |
[08:03] | Like, watch this. Is this the cup? | 比如,你看好了 这是个杯子吗? |
[08:07] | Is this the cup? Is this what I drink out of? | 这是个杯子吗? 这是我用来喝水的吧? |
[08:11] | Laughter is my job. | 给人带去欢笑是我的工作 |
[08:14] | Tears are my game. Law is my profession. | 让人留下眼泪是我的爱好 而法律是我的职业 |
[08:18] | Well… – Hello. | –那… –你好 |
[08:20] | I’d like to apply for a job. | –我想找份工作 –嗨 |
[08:22] | Hi. | |
[08:23] | I’m afraid we’re not hiring right now. | 抱歉,我们没在请人 |
[08:26] | Why don’t you just get rid of this guy? | 你干嘛不直接辞了这家伙 那是我儿子 |
[08:28] | That’s my son. | |
[08:30] | I’m your son now. You can visit him on holidays. | 我可以做你的儿子 你可以放假时去看他 |
[08:33] | Dwight Schrute. | 我是德怀特舒特 |
[08:35] | I’m a paper salesman at a second-tier paper company called Dunder Mifflin. | 我是一名纸品销售 供职于敦德米福林,一家二级纸品公司 |
[08:38] | I’m the top salesman there, and I’m looking for a new challenge. | 在那里我的业绩无人能敌 我在寻求一个新的挑战 |
[08:41] | I would say you guys have, what, | 我说,你们有,大概 |
[08:44] | 40 high-volume clients? | –40个重要客户? –80个 |
[08:45] | Try 80. | |
[08:47] | Eighty, that’s nothing. | 80个,那都是小儿科 我自己都有90个客户 |
[08:48] | I’ve got 90 clients myself. | |
[08:52] | Better look out. Someone might run you out of business. | 小心哦,有人可能让你生意破产哦 |
[08:54] | Well, I sure hope not. | 啊,我希望不会那样 |
[08:57] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:58] | I think all of us have a tendency to view celebrities as sort of mythical figures. | 我想每个人都倾向将名人看作神话人物 |
[09:03] | You know, we don’t really see them as real, | 你们知道,我们不把他们看作真实的人 |
[09:05] | so, therefore, we don’t judge them as real people. | 因此,我们没有按照真人的标准评价他们 |
[09:07] | Are you serious? Jim, just show us a picture. | 你认真的吗? 杰姆,给我们看张图片吧 |
[09:11] | Kevin, come on. – Yeah, shut up, Kevin. | –凯文,拜托 –就是,闭嘴吧,凯文 |
[09:12] | No, but he’s making all these fancy… | 不,他就一直在说这些花里胡哨的话… |
[09:15] | It’s a gut thing. | 火不火热是凭直觉的 |
[09:17] | That’s fair. You know what, Kev? Do me a favor. | 有道理,这样吧 凯?帮我个忙吧 |
[09:19] | Why don’t you close your eyes? | 你把眼睛闭上行吗? |
[09:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:25] | Now, imagine that Hilary Swank comes into this office for real. | 现在,想象一下 希拉里斯万克真的走进这间办公室 |
[09:30] | She walks over to you and she says, | 她走到你跟前,说 |
[09:33] | “Kevin Malone, I just read your online profile, | “凯文马龙,我看了你网上的资料” |
[09:37] | “and there’s nothing I’d rather do than make out with you right now.” | “现在,除了和你亲热,我别无他求” |
[09:42] | Now, you tell me something, is she hot? | 现在,你告诉我,她火热吗? |
[09:55] | Does that end the debate or is there… Oh! | 辩论决出胜负了吗?还是… |
[09:57] | Hey, Kev, what are you doing? | 嘿,凯,你要干嘛? |
[09:59] | Nope. It’s, “Is she hot?” Not, “Would you do her?” | 不对,问题是,“她火热吗?” 不是,“你要上她吗?” |
[10:03] | Respect the game. | 我们得尊重比赛 |
[10:05] | Oh, my God. Yeah. | –噢,天哪 –是的 |
[10:07] | This close. | 就差一点 |
[10:09] | So why are you considering leaving Dunder Mifflin? | 那么为什么你要离开敦德米福林? |
[10:11] | My boss. Oh, yeah? Do tell. | –因为我的老板 –是吗?给我说说 |
[10:14] | His insensitivity could border on the cruel. | 他迟钝得近乎残忍 |
[10:17] | This is a man who does not listen to the needs of his underlings. | 那个男人,从不正视下属的需求 |
[10:22] | Hey! He’s way… | –嘿! –他太… |
[10:23] | Hey, how’s the interview going? | 嘿,你的面试怎么样? |
[10:25] | It’s going very well. Don’t blow it. | –非常好 –别搞砸了 |
[10:28] | Hey, Linda, can I get a picture of you? | 嘿,琳达,能给你拍张照片吗? |
[10:31] | You want a picture of me? I would. | –你想给我拍照片? –是的 |
[10:33] | Could you just stand right over here? | 你能不能站在这里? |
[10:35] | That would be great. Just something to remember the trip by. | 好极了,当做此行的留念 |
[10:39] | Just a little to your left. | 往左一点 |
[10:42] | There you go. Good. | 就是这里,很好 |
[10:44] | Perfect. | –完美 –能给我一张吗 |
[10:46] | Can I have a copy of that? | |
[10:47] | Um… | |
[10:49] | Grandma, I can’t do this. | 奶奶,我算不出来 |
[10:52] | What’s going on? A little homework over here? | 怎么了? 在做作业吗? |
[10:55] | Yeah. Let’s see if I can help. | –对 –看看我帮不帮得上忙 |
[10:57] | Right there. | –这道题 –数学啊,这没什么难的 |
[10:58] | Oh! Math. That’s not so hard. | |
[11:01] | Okay. There are four of these. All right. | –好的,一共有四个这个 –好 |
[11:03] | Ignore the parentheses, right? | 无视这些括号,好吗? |
[11:05] | Right. Why is this little 2 so small? | –好的 –为什么这个2这么小? |
[11:08] | It’s weird. You just don’t… Just go by the “X.” | 奇怪,你别… 你就直接看这个“X”吧 |
[11:12] | The “X” means times, so that means four times “X,” 2. | “X”是乘的意思 所以就是四乘以“X”二 |
[11:19] | What is double 4? | 4的两倍是多少? |
[11:22] | Eight. Right. Excellent. | –对,非常正确 |
[11:24] | Way to go. Nice. | 喔,很好 |
[11:28] | Don’t put that. | 别听他的 |
[11:32] | Ladies and gentlemen, even though the penis was fake, | 先生们,女士们 尽管小弟弟是假的 |
[11:36] | I kept expecting a second plot twist | 我还是希望,在我们发现 |
[11:39] | where we found out that Hilary Swank actually was a boy. | 希拉里斯万克实际上是个男孩的时候 情节能够再次反转 |
[11:43] | Kevin. Okay. | –凯文 –好吧 |
[11:45] | I wasrt going to dignify this discussion by getting involved, | 我不屑,也不想加入你们的讨论 |
[11:48] | and I don’t even get the discussion. | 我甚至都不知道你们讨论的意义何在 各位,火热是形容温度的 |
[11:50] | Hot is a temperature, people. | |
[11:53] | But Kevin deserves to lose for what he said. | 但是凯文说了那些话后,活该他输 |
[11:55] | So, yes, she’s hot. She’s hot as heck. | 所以,没错,她很火热 火热到爆炸 |
[12:00] | She’s a female Boris Becker. | 她就是女版的鲍里斯贝克尔 |
[12:04] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:05] | Well, thank you very much for all of your help. | 哦,非常感谢你的帮助 |
[12:08] | It’s going to be an incredibly hard decision. | 要做出决定是在不容易啊 |
[12:10] | Wait. Let me get something for you here. | 等等,让我给你点东西 |
[12:12] | Here’s some references. Our top clients. | 这是一些材料,都是我们最大的客户 |
[12:18] | You call any of them. I trust you’ll hear some good things. | 给他们打电话 我相信你会听到对我们的正面评价 |
[12:23] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好的,好的,好的 |
[12:28] | All right, thank you. | –好的,谢谢 –不客气 |
[12:29] | You’re welcome. | |
[12:34] | Excuse me, sir. Mmm-hmm? | 不好意思,先生 |
[12:35] | I took the bus here and was wondering | 我坐公交车来的,我在想 |
[12:37] | if I could catch a ride home with you in your car. | 我能不能搭你的车回去 |
[12:39] | Of course. Thank you very much. | 当然可以,太感谢你了 |
[12:41] | Thanks for your time. Thank you very much. | –谢谢你抽出时间 –非常感谢你 |
[12:42] | Thank you for your time. I cannot wait to contact your clients. | –感谢你抽出时间 –我迫不及待要和你的客户联系了 |
[12:45] | I’ll look forward to getting your calls. | 期待你的来电 |
[12:46] | All right. Bye now. So long. | 好的,再见 |
[12:49] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. –天哪,天哪,我的天哪 –我的天哪,天哪 |
[12:53] | We struck the mother lode. | 我们挖到大金矿了 |
[12:57] | Come on! Wallace is gonna freak. | –快走! –华莱士要疯了 |
[12:59] | He is going to absolutely freak. All their top clients. | –他肯定要疯掉了 –全是他们的大客户 |
[13:01] | I can’t believe it. Someone’s looking out the window. | 简直不敢相信 有人看向窗外了 |
[13:02] | Go, go, go. Go, peel out! Go! | 走,走,走,快走!快走! |
[13:05] | Shoot. What the… | –该死 –怎么… |
[13:07] | Okay, I’ll just… I know. You drove over the… | –好吧,那是…我是说 –你压着什么了… |
[13:09] | I know. I know. Oh! Go back. | –我知道,我知道 –开回去 |
[13:12] | God, what was that? That’s not good. | –上帝,那是啥 –惨了 |
[13:20] | Oh, come on. Yes! | –拜托 –好的! |
[13:21] | No, no, no. She’s hot, okay? | 不,不,不,她很火热,好吗? |
[13:24] | Because if you are saying that Hilary Swank isn’t hot, | 因为如果你说希拉里斯万克不火热 |
[13:28] | then you’re saying I’m not hot, | 那就是说我不火热 |
[13:29] | because obviously I’m not as hot as Hilary Swank! | 因为,显然,我比希拉里斯万克差远了 |
[13:34] | Oh. – Darn it. | 我去 –搞什么啊 –天啊 |
[13:36] | Oh, come on. Oh, man. | |
[13:40] | My car. – Are you all right? | –我的车 –你们没事吧 |
[13:41] | Not good. Is everyone okay? | –有事 –没人受伤吧 |
[13:42] | Yeah. – It sounded bad. | –没 –听起来很严重 |
[13:44] | No, no, no. We’re fine. We’re fine. DWIGHT: Yeah. | –没,没,没事,我们没事,我们很好 –没错 |
[13:46] | You folks have done enough already. You don’t… | 你们已经做得够多了 你们不需要… |
[13:48] | You’ve done more than you could possibly know. | 你们做得比你们以为的还要多 |
[13:49] | Dwight, just… Okay. | –德怀特,你就闭… –好的 |
[13:51] | You know, we’re just gonna call a tow truck, so… | 我们去叫辆拖车,你们… |
[13:53] | No, a tow truck is gonna charge you 100 bucks just to take you a mile. | 别,拖车1英里要花100美元 |
[13:57] | Let me take a look. No. No. | –让我看看 –不,不用了 |
[13:58] | You know, really not necessary. He drove over the divider, | –真的不需要 –他轧上了分隔杠 |
[14:00] | and then backed over it. – Dwight. | –然后又倒了回去 –德怀特 |
[14:02] | It caught the bumper. I’ll be right back. | –保险杠撞坏了 –我马上回来 |
[14:03] | I’m just gonna grab my toolbox. | –我去拿我的工具箱 –别麻… |
[14:05] | Don’t… | |
[14:08] | Ladies, are we prepared to let the Kevins of the world decide anything for us? | 女士们,难道我们准备 让所有像凯文一样的人来主导我们的生活吗? |
[14:13] | Anything at all? We don’t even give him full Internet access. | 生活的方方面面? 我们都没给他完整的网络访问权限 |
[14:19] | Wait, what? | 等等,什么? |
[14:21] | See that? The obvious symmetry of the face. | 看到了吗? 脸部有明显的对称 |
[14:25] | This is a natural appeal of the scientific standard of koinophilia, | 这是人们追求潜在配偶平均性的倾向 |
[14:31] | features that are a composite average of many features. | 她的长相综合了众多平凡无奇的特征 |
[14:34] | Yes, she’s attractive, but she’s not hot. | 是的,她很迷人,但是她不火热 |
[14:40] | How much longer is this gonna take? Put that over there. | –这还要花多久啊 –把那个放过去 |
[14:42] | You know, let me give you some money for this. | 这样,我付你些费用吧 |
[14:44] | No. I sit all day. | 不,我一整天都坐着 |
[14:45] | It’s nice working with my hands. Well, I… | –能用我的双手劳动真好 –嗯,我… 咖啡,你们真是好的过分了 |
[14:49] | Oh! Coffee. That’s too much nice. | |
[14:53] | Maybe not enough oil. | 可能是机油不够了 |
[14:55] | Thank you. You’re welcome. | –谢谢 –不客气 |
[14:57] | Ah. Disgusting. What is this? Instant? | 恶心死了,这是什么,速溶的吗? |
[14:59] | Well, that ought to do it. Okay. | –好了,这样应该就可以了 –好吧 |
[15:01] | It’s all better. Thank you. | –这样好多了 –谢谢你 |
[15:03] | Gosh, well, so long. | 天哪,那么,再见了 |
[15:05] | Bye-bye. That looks great. | –再见 –看起来很不错 |
[15:06] | Drive safe. – Bye. | –开车小心 –再见 |
[15:08] | Look forward to hearing from you about that job application. | 期待听到面试成功的好消息 |
[15:11] | Bye. Okay. | –再见 –好的 |
[15:14] | Goodbye, Prince family. | 再见,王子家族 |
[15:16] | Should be called the “Sucker” family. | 应该叫笨蛋家族 |
[15:18] | “Here you go, shark. | “来吧,鲨鱼,让我帮你修整你的鱼鳍” “让我在你的嘴中,磨尖你的牙齿” |
[15:20] | “Let me fix your fin for you and sharpen your teeth while I’m at it.” | |
[15:27] | Bye-bye, suckers. | 再见了,笨蛋们 |
[15:45] | I’m just saying. No, it’s… | –我只是说 –不,是… |
[15:46] | All I’m saying is Kevirs not necessarily a feminist. | 我只是想说,凯文不一定是女权主义者 |
[15:49] | That’s all I’m saying. What are you… | –这就是我想说的 –你在说… |
[15:59] | Dwight, what will happen to that family | 德怀特,如果我给华莱士打电话 |
[16:01] | if I call Wallace and give him this information? | 把这些信息都给他,那家人会怎么样? |
[16:03] | It’s simple. Wallace would use that information to destroy them. | 很简单,华莱士会用那些信息毁了他们 |
[16:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:09] | You know, our sales are fine. Well. | –你知道,我们的业绩很不错 –是的 |
[16:10] | We’re doing fine. They’re doing fine. | 我们发展得不错,他们也做得不错 |
[16:12] | Could be better. Why don’t we just live and let live? | –能发展得更好 –为什么不能和平共处呢? |
[16:14] | What? Live and let live. | –什么? –和平共处 |
[16:16] | I’m not familiar with that expression. | –我不太懂你的意思 –就是詹姆斯邦德… |
[16:17] | It’s a James Bond… | |
[16:19] | It doesn’t make any sense. Okay. | –不懂你在说什么 –好吧 |
[16:20] | Of course I’m alive. | 我和平着呢 |
[16:21] | I’m not going to make this call. Michael, you have to. | –我不会打这个电话的 –迈克尔,你必须打 |
[16:24] | Have you ever seen a lioness devour her cub? | 你看见过母狮子吃它的孩子吗? |
[16:25] | Oh, God, not this. Have you ever seen a baboon | –上帝,别再说这个了 –你看见过狒狒 |
[16:27] | devour its mate? | 吃它的配偶吗? |
[16:29] | Have you ever seen a raccoon devour a squirrel? | 你看见过浣熊吃松鼠吗? |
[16:31] | My heart… My heart says no. | 我的心…告诉我不能这么做 |
[16:33] | Your heart is a wonderful thing, Michael. | 迈克尔,你的心灵是纯洁的 |
[16:35] | But it makes some terrible decisions. | –但是它却做出了一些糟糕的决定 –没错 |
[16:37] | That’s true. | |
[16:38] | Yes. Gosh. That’s true. | –是的,没错 –没错 |
[16:40] | It has gone down the wrong path many, many times. | 它已经走了很多,很多次的错路 |
[16:43] | Jan, Ryan. | –简、莱恩 –是的,你的心还是留给爱情吧 |
[16:44] | Yeah, save your heart for love. | |
[16:46] | And use your brain for business. Right? | 然后用你的脑袋来做生意,好吗? |
[16:50] | If we don’t do this to Prince Paper, then someone else will. | 就算我们不对王子纸业下手,别人也会的 |
[16:54] | Or worse yet, someone else will do it to us. | 甚至更糟,会有别人对我们下手 |
[17:00] | I am trying to be more optimistic in life. | 我在试着变得更加乐观 |
[17:05] | I’ve got, what, | 我还有,多少来着 |
[17:07] | 20, 30 more years left, | 20还是30年可活 |
[17:10] | and my family history says | 而我的家族病史告诉我 |
[17:14] | I have less. | 我的时间更少 |
[17:16] | Now, the old Stanley Hudson would have found | 过去的斯坦利哈德森 |
[17:19] | something to complain about with this actress, | 可能会对这个女演员有所怨言 |
[17:22] | but that’s no way to live life. | 但是,这不该是生活的方式 |
[17:26] | Look at this healthy, sexy, | 看看这个健康,性感 |
[17:30] | pretty, strong, young woman. | 美丽,强势的年轻女士 |
[17:33] | Come on, people. | 各位,拜托 |
[17:35] | She is hot. | 她很火热 |
[17:39] | And it was a terrible war. | 那是一场惨不忍睹的战争 很多人牺牲了 |
[17:41] | Oh! So many died. | |
[17:44] | Far too many died, | 太多人牺牲了 |
[17:47] | but if Frodo hadrt destroyed the ring, | 但是,如果佛罗多没有毁了魔戒 那所有美好的品质都可能会不复存在 |
[17:49] | then goodness itself might have died. | |
[17:55] | You’re right. Yeah. | –你说的对 –是的 |
[17:57] | You are right. I will call Wallace, | 你说得对,我会打给华莱士 我还会给他客户名单 |
[18:00] | and I will give him the customer list. | |
[18:05] | And I will give him all of my info. | –我会告诉他所有信息 –你做的是正确的事,迈克尔 |
[18:07] | You are doing the right thing, Michael. | |
[18:09] | Good. So… | 好的,那么… |
[18:13] | Where are you going? | –你要去哪? –我还有点事要先做 |
[18:14] | Just something I have to do first. | |
[18:16] | Where are you taking the client list? | 你要把客户名单拿到哪里去 |
[18:18] | Someplace safe, where it can’t hurt anyone. | 安全的地方,谁都不会受到伤害的地方 |
[18:21] | Michael! | 迈克尔! |
[18:24] | Michael! No! | 迈克尔!不要! |
[18:26] | I will get it. | 我会拿到的 |
[18:28] | Michael, don’t do this! | 迈克尔,别这么做! |
[18:29] | Don’t do it! | 别这么做! |
[18:31] | Michael! | 迈克尔! |
[18:33] | Michael! | 迈克尔! |
[18:35] | Oh, shoot! My keys. Come on, stop. Freeze. | –该死!我的钥匙 –拜托,停下,别动 |
[18:38] | Stop! Give me the list! | 停下!把名单给我! |
[18:55] | No, no, no. No! | 不,不,不,不要! |
[18:56] | I can’t let you do this. Those people will be ruined! | –我不能让你这么做 –那些人会被毁了的! |
[18:59] | It’s business! It’s not personal! | 这是生意!并不是针对他们本人! |
[19:10] | No! Give it! | –不要! –交出来! |
[19:12] | Dwight, give it! | 德怀特,交出来! |
[19:15] | You can’t do this to those people! | 你不能对那些人这么做! |
[19:16] | It’s over, Michael. It’s over. | 结束了,迈克尔,结束了 |
[19:28] | I’m not a shark. | 我不是鲨鱼 |
[19:32] | No! | 不! |
[19:34] | Okay, time for the final vote. | 好了,终极投票的时间到了 |
[19:36] | All those in favor of the resolution, “Hilary Swank is hot.” | 支持“希拉里斯万克很火热”这一论点的人,举手 |
[19:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:44] | And all those opposed. | 反对的人,请举手 |
[19:50] | This is ridiculous. That’s the thing about debating. | –太荒谬了 –那就是辩论的精华所在 |
[19:52] | People just get entrenched in the view they had in the first place. | 人们只会坚持他们一开始就形成的观点 |
[19:54] | I could tell when I was talking you were not listening. | 我知道我在说话的时候,你根本没在听 |
[19:57] | This is great stuff, Michael. | 这些东西很棒,迈克尔 |
[19:59] | You are a titan of industry, pal. | 你是行业的巨人,兄弟 |
[20:02] | Yeah. Thank you. Good work. | –啊,谢谢你 –做得好 |
[20:04] | Look, I’ll be in touch. Thanks, buddy. | –我会再联系的,谢了,兄弟 –好的,再见 |
[20:06] | Okay. Bye-bye. | |
[20:12] | Well, guess whose stock just went up, golden boy? | 猜猜谁的股票刚刚上涨了,黄金男孩? |
[20:17] | I guess this is what they call a bittersweet moment. | 我猜,这就是所谓的悲喜交加吧 |
[20:22] | It is bitter because I slightly destroyed a wonderful little family. | 悲的是,我轻轻地摧毁了一个很棒的小家庭 |
[20:29] | But sweet because David Wallace thought I did a good job. | 喜的是,大卫华莱士觉得我做得很棒 |
[20:34] | That’s why I hate bittersweet chocolate. | 所以我才讨厌又苦又甜的巧克力 |
[20:37] | I don’t even… What’s the point of that? | 我都不…这有什么意义呢? |
[20:40] | Why not just sweet? I mean, who are you helping? | 为什么不只是喜呢? 我是说,你到底帮哪边的? |
[20:48] | Oh, hey, what is this? | –嘿,这是谁? –希拉里斯万克 |
[20:50] | Hilary Swank. | |
[20:51] | Oh, she’s hot. | 她真火热 |
[20:56] | Yeah! | 哈! |
[20:58] | Damn it. | 该死 |