时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Hey, Brian, you got a sec? | Brian 有空吗? |
[00:07] | Yeah, I know what you’re going to say, and it’s all right. | 我知道你要说啥 没– 没事 |
[00:10] | No, I heard… I heard you got in trouble. I feel awful. | 不是那件事 我听说你惹上麻烦 – 我感觉好糟 – 没事 |
[00:13] | It’s fine. It was my first slip-up in nine years of miking you. | 这是我给你们录像收音九年来 第一次失误 |
[00:17] | Dunder Mifflin, this is Erin. | Dunder Mifflin 我是Erin |
[00:18] | Well, thanks for being a good friend. | 谢谢你一路相挺 |
[00:20] | Sure, any time. | 客气啥 呃 你和Jim还好吗 |
[00:22] | How about you and Jim? Everything squared away? | – 处理好了吗 |
[00:23] | Yeah. Mostly. | – 差不多了 |
[00:26] | Pam, phone call. | Pam 有人来电找你 |
[00:29] | Um. | 帮我向Alyssa问好 |
[00:30] | Hey, say hi to Alyssa. | |
[00:32] | Will do. | – 好 – 谢啦 |
[00:33] | Okay, thank you. Sure. | 不客气 |
[00:36] | Hey, boom guy. | – 音响男 |
[00:38] | Oh, hey, Meredith. | – 嗨 Meredith |
[00:39] | When are you going to boom me? | 啥时候让老娘爽一次? |
[00:41] | Uh, listen, they’re cracking down on us talking to the subjects. | 听着 他们禁止我们讨论这个话题 |
[00:43] | It’s a lame rule, but, you know, I want to… I have to… | 这条规定烂透了 但你知道的 我想– – 待会见 – 了解 办公室 第九集 第13集 初级销售员 |
[00:46] | I’ll see you later. Got it. | |
[01:20] | Hey- | 我听说你带了一些人 |
[01:21] | So I hear you’re bringing in some people | |
[01:22] | to interview for the sales job. | 来面试销售员的工作 |
[01:25] | That’s right, a couple of old friends. | 没错 那些人是我的老朋友 |
[01:27] | Ballers only, must be this cool to ride. | 只有高手才行 一定要酷到这么高才能玩儿 |
[01:30] | Well, see… You raised it. | 你手又抬高了 有吗? |
[01:33] | Oh, did I? Oh, yes, I did. | 没错 是哦 |
[01:36] | Wallace is letting me hire a junior sales associate | Wallace让我雇用一位初级销售助理 |
[01:38] | to sit at Jim’s desk while he’s away in Philly. | 当Jim去费城的时候 可以坐他的位置 |
[01:41] | Finally, I’ll have someone at my desk clump who gets me. | 终于在跟我拼桌的位置上能 坐上一个懂我的人了 |
[01:44] | It’s like, “Really, Jim? You don’t understand the difference | 就像是 |
[01:47] | “between a slaughterhouse and a rendering plant? Uh. | “真的吗 Jim? |
[01:50] | “Remind me not to lend you any dead cows or horses.” Wow! | 你不明白屠杀场和炼动物油油厂的区别? 提醒我别借你任何死掉的牛或马” |
[01:54] | You know what, man? I deserve this job. Mmm-mmm? | 你知道吗 这份工作 我完全够格 |
[01:57] | I scored Stone & Son Suit Warehouse with you. | 我和你搞定了Stone父子西装仓库的销售 |
[01:59] | And God knows, to get the Scranton White Pages with Jan, | 老天为证 为了和Jan一同抢到 Scranton白页的生意 |
[02:01] | I went above and beyond, and under. | 我上山下海– |
[02:05] | You know what? | 豁出去了 你知道吗? |
[02:06] | You’re going to get your interview. Okay? | 你会得到面试机会的 好吗? |
[02:09] | I know that you’re going head-to-head against some real superstars, | 我知道你即将和未来的明日之星 进行肉搏战 |
[02:11] | but you’ve got a really good chance. | 但你的机会非常大 |
[02:13] | Clark has no chance. | Clark一点机会也没有 |
[02:15] | I mean he’s up against my buddy Rolf, for God’s sake! | 他是和我的好兄弟Rolf对决啊 老天啊 |
[02:17] | The guy goes fishing with hand grenades. And Trevor? | 这家伙用手榴弹钓鱼 |
[02:20] | He’ll make you laugh so hard you’ll puke your pants. | 还有Trevor–他会逗你笑个不停 笑到你吐在裤子上 |
[02:23] | This sucks. You know? | 你知道吗 这一切烂透了 |
[02:24] | You put in 12 grueling weeks at a company and what do they do? | 你在一间公司付出了 十二周疲惫不堪的心血 他们拿什么回报你? |
[02:27] | They make you compete for a promotion. Like an animal! | 他们让你为了升迁而战得头破血流 跟动物没两样 |
[02:30] | You know, I thought this was an office, not the Thunderdome. | 我以为这里是办公室 不是冲锋飞车队 |
[02:34] | Big changes coming to the old desk clump. | 桌子排列即将产生大变化 |
[02:36] | Nolonger a Pam-Jim alliance against Dwight. | 不再是Pam-Jim联盟对抗Dwight |
[02:39] | Now it is Dwight-and-a-friend axis against Pam. | 现在成了Dwight-朋友阵线对抗Pam |
[02:43] | You could have just called that an alliance, too, right? | 你刚刚说了”联盟”这个字 对吧? |
[02:45] | I chose my words very carefully. | 我用字很谨慎 |
[02:48] | Things are a little delicate with me and Pam right now, | 目前我和Pam的关系有些微妙 |
[02:52] | and if my working in Philly is going | 如果我在费城的工作 |
[02:53] | to end up doubling the Dwight in her life, | 让Dwight成为她生活中的麻烦 |
[02:55] | that’s only going to make things worse. | 状况只会恶化 |
[03:03] | You interviewing for the sales job, too? | 你也来面试这份销售工作吗 |
[03:04] | No, you’re interviewing for it. I’m getting it. | 不 你才是来面试 我来是要得到这份工作 |
[03:08] | Well, I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 嗯 我不会如此自信满满 |
[03:09] | I mean, I’ve been working here 12 weeks. | 我在这里工作了十二周 |
[03:11] | That’s a full season of Homeland. | 简直是”国土安全”一整季的时间 (该剧12集播放12周) |
[03:13] | A ton of things can happen in that amount of time, as we’ve seen. | 这么长的时间里 可以发生许多狗屁事情 我们都见识过了 |
[03:16] | I’m Rolf. Rolf Aul. | 我是Rolf |
[03:18] | Rolf Aul. | 听起来像Roald |
[03:20] | Sounds kind of like Roald Dahl. | Dahl (儿童文学作家) |
[03:22] | Go to hell. | 去死吧 |
[03:23] | There he is! | 你来了啊 |
[03:25] | Hey! | – 嗨 – 老兄 |
[03:26] | Come on, buddy, let’s do this. | 来吧 |
[03:27] | Sorry, Rolf goes first. | 抱歉 Rolf先来 |
[03:28] | You don’t compare. When you’re with the R-O-L-F, | 你比不上的 当你是R-O-L-F |
[03:31] | you’re literally rolling on the laughing floor! | 按照字面意思 你就是笑得直不起腰 |
[03:35] | Nice! | 说的好 |
[03:36] | Rolf is my best friend, and he is the man! | Rolf是我最好的死党 他独一无二 |
[03:41] | Cool, calm and collected, 24/7. | 任何时候都冷静 沉着 镇定 |
[03:44] | Just try and rattle Rolf. I dare you. | 我谅你也不敢招惹他 |
[03:47] | Such a sweet guy. | 多么好的一个人呐 |
[03:48] | When are you talking to David Wallace? | 你何时会和David Wallace联络? |
[03:50] | I’m talking to him this afternoon, but don’t get your hopes up. | 我今天下午会联络他 但别抱太大希望 |
[03:52] | Too late. My hopes are up. | 来不及了 我已经充满希望 |
[03:54] | Last week, my company in Philly lost a big investor, | 上周我在费城的公司失去了一位大投资客 |
[03:56] | so we’re scrambling to find new funding. | 所以我们现在很辛苦在筹措资金 |
[03:58] | LuckHy, my partners have a fix, | 很幸运地 我的合伙人想出了一个法子– |
[04:00] | me asking the boss of the company I’m abandoning | 我向即将离职的这间公司的老板 |
[04:03] | to give us a gigantic influx of cash. | 要求汇给我们一笔庞大的现金 |
[04:06] | So, problem solved. Thanks, guys. | 所以…问题解决 谢啦 各位 |
[04:10] | This chair’s going to be yours! And this desk! | 这张椅子将来给你用 还有这张桌子 |
[04:13] | I’m on the phone. | I’m on the phone. 我在讲电话 我在讲电话 |
[04:15] | No doy! | 你以为我是瞎子么! |
[04:17] | I’m just going to call you back. Thanks. | 我晚点回拨给你 谢啦 |
[04:20] | I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don’t do ear buds. | 我希望你喜欢挪威的重金属音乐 因为我不戴耳机 |
[04:24] | Ho-ho! | 不戴耳机! |
[04:26] | No ear buds! | 不戴耳机! |
[04:30] | I’m sure he’s just nervous. | 我想他只是很紧张 |
[04:33] | It’s fine. It’s just a seating arrangement. It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 只是座位安排而已 没啥大不了 |
[04:40] | So, I’ve got your resume here, but it’s not telling me everything. | 我有你的履历表 但资料不够完整 |
[04:44] | A lot of that information is private. | 嗯 很多资料是不公开的 |
[04:45] | How do I know you’re qualified to evaluate me? | 我怎么知道你是否够资格审格我? |
[04:48] | I’m the one offering the job. | 我可是提供工作机会给你的人 |
[04:49] | What are your credentials? | 你的工作经历如何? |
[04:50] | I’ve worked here for 12 years. | 我在这里工作了十二年 |
[04:52] | I’ve won Salesman of the Year, I’m an assistant to the regional manager. | 我得过年度最佳销售员 我是区域经理助理 |
[04:55] | I think I’ve heard everything I need to hear. | 就这样吧 我听够了 |
[04:56] | Wait, wait. No, if you need to know more, you can call David Wallace. | 等等 如果你想知道更多 你可以打给David Wallace 我保证他会提供更多证明 |
[04:59] | I’m sure he’d give a reference. | 谢谢 Dwight 保持联络好了 |
[05:00] | Thank you, Dwight. lWlbeintouch. | 谢谢 Dwight 保持联络好了 |
[05:05] | Well, they can’t all be winners. | 嗯 不可能每个人都是赢家 |
[05:07] | But Trevor’s next, and he’s a real professional. | 下一位是Trevor 他非常专业 |
[05:09] | You say “jump,” and he says “on who?” | 你说”跳” 他回答”跳到谁身上?” |
[05:13] | He loves to jump on people, that Trevor. | 那家伙喜欢跳到别人身上 |
[05:16] | What makes you think you’d be an effective paper salesman? | 你何以认为你能成为有效率的纸业锁售员? |
[05:19] | Oh, okay. Didn’t see that one coming. | 哇 好吧 没料到你会问这题 |
[05:24] | Can I take a 20 on that, maybe we can circle back around to it? | 可以先跳过吗? 也许之后再绕回这个问题 |
[05:27] | Well, it’s a pretty basic question | 嗯 |
[05:28] | for a potential paper salesman. | 这对未来的纸业锁售员而言 这是很基本的问题 |
[05:30] | Pass. Next one. | 跳过 下一题 |
[05:32] | All right. Do you see yourself as | 好吧 你自认是团队合作型的伙伴 |
[05:35] | more of a team player or a self-starter? | 还是单打独斗型? |
[05:37] | No, no and no. | 不是 不是 也不是 |
[05:41] | There were only two options. | 只有两个选项 |
[05:43] | Check mate. | 你将死我了 |
[05:45] | You win this one, my friend. | 你赢了 朋友 |
[05:48] | Do you validate parking? | 停车需要签字吗? |
[05:51] | This is a bus transfer. | 这是公交车转承票 |
[05:54] | Nothing gets by this guy. | 啥都逃不过你的眼睛 |
[05:59] | Jim Hey, Jim? | |
[06:00] | Do you mind if I look over these price sheets before my interview? | 我面试之前能看一看这些价目表吗 |
[06:02] | Sure, yeah. Go ahead. | – 当然 |
[06:03] | Thanks, dude. | 请便 – 谢啦 |
[06:10] | You… You sure it’s okay? ‘Cause you’re kind of… | 你– 你确定可以吗? 你看起来有点– |
[06:12] | Yeah. Absolutely. Do people like sitting next to you? | 当然可以 人们喜欢坐在你旁边吗 |
[06:15] | You’re clean, right? | 你挺爱安静的吧 对吧 |
[06:17] | Dove Men. Nice. | – 跟鸽子一样纯洁 – 很好 |
[06:18] | Music, do you listen to it in ear buds? | 你听音乐时戴耳机吗? |
[06:22] | You don’t listen to it at all. Because we’re at work, | 你根本不听吧 因为我们在工作 |
[06:24] | not a Florence and The Machine concert, so… | 不是在Florence And The Machine乐团 的音乐会 |
[06:26] | Yeah. Could I just have a minute to prepare for this? | 对啊 我可以准备一下这个吗? |
[06:30] | Sure, yeah. Do whatever you need to do, | 当然 随意啊 |
[06:32] | right after you do one thing for me. | 但你得先帮我做一件事 |
[06:36] | I need you to breathe in my face. | 我要你对着我的脸呼吸 |
[06:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[06:39] | I need you to breathe in my face right now. | 我要你现在就对着我的脸呼吸 |
[06:44] | What are we working with, peppermint or Wintergreen? | 那是什么味道 薄荷还是冬青草? |
[06:46] | Wintergreen. I knew it. | 冬青草 – 我就知道 |
[06:47] | Yeah. I knew it. | 我就知道 – 鼻子很灵 |
[06:48] | Good nose! I looked at you coming around, | 我看到你走来走去就猜到是冬青草 |
[06:50] | and I said “Wintergreen.” | |
[06:51] | I can’t hire Clark. | 我不能雇佣Clark |
[06:53] | Yeah, he looks like a Schrute, but he thinks like a Halpert, | 他看似有我的风格(Schrute,Dwight的姓氏) 但是他头脑不清楚(Halpert, |
[06:56] | and he acts like a Beesly. | Jim的姓氏) 做事更糟糕(Beesly, Pam的姓氏) |
[06:59] | Okay, here’s one. | 好吧 接招 |
[07:00] | A customer who ordered enough paper | 一位顾客订了大量的纸张 |
[07:02] | to qualify for a volume discount | 并且得到了折扣价 |
[07:03] | now wants to return half the stock. | 但他想退回一半的订货 |
[07:05] | You can’t rebate the sales price | 你不能退还原本的售价 |
[07:07] | or credit for future purchases, | 也不能折抵下次的订货 |
[07:09] | because you brokered the deal for a third party. | 因为你是为第三方谈成这笔交易 |
[07:13] | That’s just a classic no-win situation. | 这是典型三方皆输的状况 |
[07:14] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 |
[07:16] | So, I’d Kobayashi Maru it. | – 我会摧毁这个局面(Kobayashi Maru是星际迷航的战舰) |
[07:17] | Damn it! Perfect answer, again! | 该死! 又是一个完美答案 |
[07:20] | Yep. Okay, think, Dwight, think. | – 没错 – 再想想 Dwight 再想想 |
[07:23] | You have a ream of 16 bond and… You know what, Dwight? | 你有一令十六磅… – 你知道吗 Dwight – …还有– |
[07:25] | This interview is over and I get the job. | 面试结束 我得到这份工作了 |
[07:28] | I just Kobayashi Maru’d the whole process. | 我在面试过程中彻底击败你了 |
[07:32] | No. Yeah. | – 你没有 – 我有 |
[07:33] | Star Trek rules. | 星际迷航法则 |
[07:35] | Itdoes, butsflH, no. | 没错 但还未见真章 |
[07:36] | Come on, man. Did Trevor do that? Did Rolf do that? | 少来了 难道Trevor比我优秀? Rolf比我优秀? |
[07:40] | Oh, you think they’re my only friends? | 喔 你以为我的朋友就只有这些吗 |
[07:42] | I’ve got way more friends than that. | 我还有很多朋友 |
[07:44] | And they’re all better than the losers who work here. | 他们都比在这里工作的瘪三还好 |
[07:54] | This is not natural. | 这不正常 |
[08:02] | I just don’t want to make assumptions | 我不想根据人的外表妄下定论 |
[08:04] | based on people’s physical appearances. | |
[08:05] | Of course not. But does physical appearance include smell? | 当然不行 但外表包括气味吗? |
[08:08] | They smell so bad. | 他们好臭 |
[08:10] | If I ever get that bad, you’d tell me, right? | 如果我也那么臭 你会告诉我的 对吧? |
[08:12] | Meredith, I tell you all the time. | Meredith 我常告诉你的啊 |
[08:14] | Walked right into that one! | 说到要害了 |
[08:18] | Next up, my cousin Mose. | 下一位 我的表弟Mose |
[08:20] | Mose could make a great paper salesman. | Mose可以成为很棒的纸张销售员 |
[08:22] | He’s got a natural fear of paper, which would motivate him | 他本能地害怕纸张 |
[08:24] | to get as much of it out of this office as possible. | 这可以促使他 尽可能的远离办公室 |
[08:27] | I’ve got big expectations, Mose-wise. | 对Mose 我有很高的期待 |
[08:29] | What quality would make you a good sales associate? | 什么样的特质让你成为优秀的纸张销售员? |
[08:32] | People person. | 我善于与人打交道 |
[08:34] | It says here on your resume that you spent the last 15 years | 你的履历表写着 |
[08:37] | as a sales rep for Dow Chemical. | 你过去十五年 是母鹿化学公司的业务代表 |
[08:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[08:40] | You know we live together, right? | 没错 – 我们住在一起 |
[08:41] | Yes. | 对吧? – 对 |
[08:42] | And I’ve never seen you go to work ever. | 我从来没看过你上班 |
[08:46] | Okay- | 好吧 |
[08:47] | So why is this on your resume? | 好吧 那为啥这出现在你的履历表上? |
[09:14] | So, how’d you guys hear about the position? | 你们怎么得知这个工作的消息的? |
[09:16] | My mom. Dwight called my house, | 我– 我妈 Dwight打电话到我家 |
[09:18] | but he didn’t realize that I had already moved out. | 但他不知道我早就搬出去了 |
[09:21] | Because my mom and I are quarreling, | 因为我妈和我大吵一架 |
[09:23] | because I can’t stay out of her stuff. | 因为我-我总是爱翻她的东西 |
[09:26] | Dwight’s my cousin. | Dwight是我表哥 |
[09:27] | So I overheard him telling my brother Mose | 我偷听到他和我哥哥Mose |
[09:29] | about the job opportunity in the shower. | 在洗澡时谈到工作机会 |
[09:31] | You were in the shower? Or he was in the shower? | 你在洗澡还是他在洗澡? |
[09:33] | Everyone was in the shower. | 每个人都在洗澡 |
[09:35] | It’s a cow shower. So there’s like a ton of people in there. | 那是母牛洗澡厂 好多人在那里呐 |
[09:39] | So you guys all know Dwight already? | 所以你们都早就认识Dwight? |
[09:40] | I was his babysitter, and then we dated for a while. | 我是他的保姆 我们约会过一阵子 |
[09:44] | He was a passionate lover and the sweetest little baby. | 他是热情如火的爱人 也是最甜蜜的小男孩 |
[09:48] | I knew you looked familiar. | 我就知道你看起来很眼熟 |
[09:50] | You used to pick up Dwight from school. | 你以前去学校接Dwight来着 |
[09:52] | You went to X-Men school, too? | 你也上X-Men(与生俱来特殊能力的人)学校? |
[09:56] | X-Men school? | X-Men学校? |
[09:57] | When I was young, I spent several years at a private school | 我小时候 在一家私立学校上过几年学 |
[10:01] | where I was told I would be taught | 本来说是要教我们驾驭自己的超能力 |
[10:02] | to harness my mutant abilities. | |
[10:04] | Turned out it was a conman copying | 后来我才知道那是一个骗局 |
[10:06] | Charles Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, | 它只是在模仿X战警漫画中查尔斯的学校 |
[10:09] | from the X-Men comic books. | 那里专门培养具有天赋的年轻人 |
[10:11] | It took me years to figure out that it was a con. | 我在很久之后才明白那是骗人的 |
[10:14] | Some people never figured it out. | 但有些人可能永远都会被蒙在鼓里 |
[10:16] | Oh, I have a few powers. Night hearing! | 哦 我有一些能力 比如夜间听力奇好 |
[10:19] | Dogs understand where I point. | 可以跟狗交流 |
[10:22] | And our training included picking carrots, | 我们的培训课程有采摘胡萝卜 |
[10:24] | scrubbing tubs, sewing imitation Levi’s, | 刷洗浴缸 缝制山寨版李维斯 |
[10:27] | a lot of telemarketing. | 包含大量电话推销的工作 |
[10:30] | I don’t want to sit near any of those people for the next 20 years. | 我不想在接下来的20年里坐在 那屋子里的任何一个人旁边工作 |
[10:34] | Someone say something. | 总得有人说句话吧 |
[10:35] | I said something when they were thinking | 我在他们考虑聘用Jim的时候 |
[10:37] | of hiring Jim, didn’t work then. | 说了些话 |
[10:39] | Now look what he’s doing to us. | 但没起到什么作用 看看他现在对我们的报复 |
[10:41] | Yeah, Jim, this is all your fault. | 没错 Jim 这都是你的错 |
[10:43] | How is it my fault? | – 怎么会是我的错? – 你好好想想 Jim |
[10:44] | Here’s an exercise for you, Jim. | – 怎么会是我的错? – 你好好想想 Jim |
[10:46] | Imagine there are consequences to your actions. | 假设你的行为会引起一系列的后果 |
[10:49] | Hmm. Imagine the whole world does not revolve around this. | 假设整个世界不只是围绕着你的辞职转悠 |
[10:53] | There are others. | 这世界上还有其它选择 |
[10:54] | But it’s Dwight who’s bringing in all the weirdoes. | 但这些怪胎是Dwight带来的 |
[10:57] | Yeah, but, Jim, Dwight’s a weirdo. | Jim 这么说没错 Dwight本身就不是正常人 |
[10:58] | We can’t blame a weirdo for bringing in weirdoes. | 我们没法责怪一个怪胎带来一群怪胎 |
[11:01] | We can blame a normal for creating a situation | 我们可以责怪的是 |
[11:03] | where a weirdo is allowed to bring in weirdoes. | 给怪胎制造这个机会的正常人 |
[11:06] | Hey, I’m the one who has to sit next to this weirdo | 嘿 |
[11:08] | when Jim’s away. | 我才是那个Jim辞职之后 要坐在怪胎身边的人 |
[11:09] | I’m in a position where I’m rooting for Nate, | 而我还得一直给Nate鼓劲儿 |
[11:11] | and that just feels wrong. | 这一切都乱透了 |
[11:16] | Forget it. I need to work on my mural. | 算了 先不管了 我还得修改我的壁画 |
[11:19] | I have some pointy trees that I need to round off. | 要把一些尖头的树再修圆一些 |
[11:30] | Hey, Jim, I thought our call was for later. | Jim 有什么事吗? 我们约定的谈话时间还没到吧 |
[11:33] | Yeah, this is actually about the new sales guy. | 没错 我想跟你谈谈 有关招新销售员的这件事 |
[11:35] | Uh, Dwight has brought in a bunch of real weirdoes, | Dwight带了一群怪胎来面试 |
[11:38] | and I was wondering if I could have some input into… | 我想知道我能够提供一些人选…. |
[11:40] | This is Dwight Schrute. Who am I speaking to? | 我是Dwight Schrute 你是哪位? |
[11:42] | And don’t lie, I can tell if you’re lying. | 不要撒谎 我会看穿你的 |
[11:43] | Hey, Dwight, it’s David. David! | – 你好 Dwight 我是David |
[11:45] | Jim says he’d like some say in the hiring process. | Jim说他对招聘环节有些建议 |
[11:49] | Really? That’s interesting, | 是吗? 有意思 |
[11:51] | ’cause I was thinking that since Jim is only here part-time, | 因为我觉得Jim在这里只是兼职 |
[11:54] | he might not be as invested in the decision-making process | 不像我每天都在这里工作 所以他不需要在决策过程参与过多 |
[11:57] | as someone like me, who’s here every day | 而且 |
[11:58] | and, frankly, killing it lately. | 坦白地说 本人最近可牛得很啊 |
[12:00] | I was just thinking that, because | 我只是觉得这个人会坐我的位置 |
[12:01] | this person is going to be sitting at my desk, | |
[12:03] | near my wife… | 又在我妻子旁边… |
[12:04] | Jim, another thing. | – Jim 还有件事 – 我就觉得… |
[12:05] | Since we are going to have to hire | 因为我们要招新的初级销售员 |
[12:07] | this junior sales associate to cover for you, | 来填补你的空缺 |
[12:09] | I’m going to have to pay you only | 所以我只能付你实际工作天数的薪资 |
[12:11] | for the days that you actually work. | |
[12:14] | Oh, um. | |
[12:16] | Yeah. | 是这样的 |
[12:17] | Okay. I can’t say that that’s not fair. | 哦 好吧 我不能说这不公平 |
[12:20] | It sounds fair to me, David. | 对我来说很公平哦 David |
[12:21] | Now, I know we have a call scheduled for later. | 我知道我们晚些时间还预约了通话… |
[12:23] | Oh, yeah. So we’ll just do that later. | 没错 我过会儿再打给你 |
[12:24] | No, why not do it now? | 为什么不现在谈呢? |
[12:26] | Yeah, what’s up, Jim? | 对啊 |
[12:28] | Uh… | Jim 有什么事情吗? |
[12:29] | Well, it’s aboutAthlead. | 好吧 是有关”运领”公司的事情 |
[12:32] | I’m sorry. Does Dwight have to be on this part of the phone call? | 不好意思 Dwight需要参与我们的谈话吗? |
[12:34] | I’d love to be in the loop, David. | 我十分愿意参与其中 David |
[12:36] | It’s okay. Go ahead, Jim. | 好 没关系 Jim 你说吧 |
[12:39] | There’s a very exciting opportunity to be a core investor… | 关于核心投资商 我这边有一个非常好的人选 |
[12:42] | Okay, Jim, I’m going to have to stop you right there. | Jim 打住 我们还是晚些再谈吧 |
[12:44] | Yes, okay. Bye. | 好的 那就这样 再见 |
[12:50] | I’d love to invest. No, thanks. | – 我愿意投资 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[12:52] | I’d like to give you $100 million. | 我愿意给你1亿美金 |
[13:03] | Why you make trees into bushes? | 你怎么把树画成了灌木? |
[13:06] | You don’t make paper from bushes. | 灌木是不能用来造纸的 |
[13:09] | Hide | Hide, they’re giving outjobs upstairs. |
[13:11] | Why don’t you 9Q UP and get one? | 楼上有职位在招人 你可以上去试试 |
[13:14] | Thank you. | – 谢谢你的消息 |
[13:15] | Yeah. | – 不用谢 |
[13:23] | VVhOOps! | 哎呀… |
[13:33] | It’s dense. Like bread. | 你头发好密实 像面包一样 |
[13:40] | Dwight, you can’t just hire someone because they’re your friend. | Dwight 你不能因为他们是你的朋友 就招他们进来工作 |
[13:43] | I’m not. These people are the best of the best. | 我没有啊 这些人是人才中的佼佼者 |
[13:45] | I find talent an attractive quality in a friend. | 我认为有天份是我选择朋友重要的条件 |
[13:48] | They’re freaks, Dwight. | 他们都不正常 Dwight |
[13:49] | All your friends are weirdoes and freaks. | 你的朋友都是怪胎和变态 |
[13:52] | You know who else was a freak? | 你知道谁还是怪胎吗? |
[13:54] | Spider-Man. And he was also a hero. | 蜘蛛侠 同时他也是个英雄 |
[13:57] | Your friends are like Spider-Man, | 如果你的朋友被蜘蛛咬过 |
[13:58] | if he had gotten bitten by a spider | 然后迷上了手淫 |
[14:00] | and then got really into masturbating. | 那倒真是挺像蜘蛛侠的 |
[14:04] | Man, how cool is it going to be when I start working here? | 伙计 如果我能在这里工作 那就酷毙了 |
[14:06] | Paintball fights at lunch! | – 午饭时我们就去打场真人CS |
[14:08] | Ooh! Mandatory paintball. | – 每日必修CS |
[14:09] | Wolf Uh, Wolf, please report to the parking lot | |
[14:11] | for mandatory paintball at lunch. | 跟停车场说一声 我们每天中午的必修真人CS计划 |
[14:12] | Wolf is hilarious. He’s executed me | Wolf太逗了 |
[14:15] | over 100 times at point blank range. | 他在完全瞄准距离内杀了我100多次 |
[14:17] | Half of them, we were on the same team. | 半数情况下 我们还是一队的 |
[14:19] | Oh, my God, how I screamed. | 天啊 我就在那里尖叫 |
[14:21] | Ah, that goof. | 哎 那个呆瓜 |
[14:23] | Sell me this piece of paper. | 把这张纸卖给我 |
[14:26] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[14:27] | Do you want this paper? I sure do. | – 你想要这页纸吗? – 非常想 |
[14:30] | It’s not very good. | 它质量不是特别好 |
[14:31] | I will pay you whatever it takes. | 无论你叫价多少我都要买 |
[14:33] | I think I want to keep it now. | 我现在自己想留着 |
[14:35] | It must be pretty special if you want it so bad. | 你这么想要 它一定有特别之处 |
[14:37] | No, you have lots of other pieces of paper that are just like it. | 不是这样的 你是卖纸的 你有大量类似的纸 |
[14:39] | So here, just take my money. | 收着我的钱 把纸给我吧 |
[14:40] | Stop trying to get my paper, buddy! Okay? Read my lips, it’s over. | 休想再得到这张纸 伙计 听好我的话 我不卖了 |
[14:43] | Okay. Good. That was great. So… | 好吧 刚刚的表现很不错…好… |
[14:47] | Wow. You’re still at the 570 number? | 哇哦 你还在用那个570的号码吗? |
[14:49] | I am. Okay. | – 没错 – 好 |
[14:51] | Good, good, good. | 好…还不错…还不错… |
[14:54] | I have eight years experience selling | 我在东京市区的三洋商店 |
[14:58] | electronics in Sanyo store, downtown Tokyo. | 有八年卖电子产品的经验 |
[15:01] | I was a doctor, | 我原本是一个医生 |
[15:03] | and I have a business degree from Tokyo University. | 而且我还拥有东京大学商学院的学位 |
[15:08] | This isn’t going to work out. | 你这样是不行滴… |
[15:13] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[15:18] | Nate is a proven entity, | Nate是个可靠的人 但听力 |
[15:20] | but not without his handicaps, hearing, vision, basic cognition. | 视力 基本认知都有障碍… |
[15:24] | Trevor is great, but I saw no fire in him today, | Trevor很好 但是他今天缺少激情 |
[15:27] | and this is a guy who loves to start fires. | 而且他的确是一个喜欢挑事儿的人 |
[15:30] | Troy is literally one of a kind. | Troy完全是独一无二的 他是地精 |
[15:32] | He’s a goblin or a hobbit or a kobold, which is a type of gremlin. | 霍比特人 狗头人 那类的精灵人物 |
[15:37] | And yet I’m hesitant. | 我现在踌躇不定 |
[15:39] | Why can’t I pull the trigger on any of them? | 为什么他们谁我都舍不得毙掉呢? |
[15:41] | No, no, no. | 不行…不行…不行… |
[15:45] | I just need to tell them. | 我只需要告诉他们… |
[15:52] | Do you need to be changed? | 你现在需要更衣吗? |
[15:54] | I do that myself now. Hmm. | 现在我自己来就可以了 |
[15:57] | Are you going to make a decision soon? | 你是不是马上要做决定了? |
[15:59] | I’ve been double-parked for five hours. | 我的车已经占了两个停车位有5个小时了 |
[16:01] | I’m wondering if I should move my car. | 我想知道我现在用不用下去换个位置 |
[16:03] | No, you’ve been towed by now. | 不用了 你的车肯定已经被拖走了 |
[16:05] | They tow after about 45 minutes. | 交警在违章停车45分钟后就会拖车了 |
[16:07] | Well, the joke’s on them. I live right next to the tow yard. | 好吧 好笑的是他们 我就住在拖车场旁边 |
[16:11] | All they did was save me some gas. | 他们这样做完全是帮我省了油钱 |
[16:14] | Hey, man. We get how difficult this is, | 伙计 我们知道做这个决定有多难 |
[16:16] | and no matter who you choose, we’re still going to be your friend. | 无论你选谁 我们仍是你的朋友 |
[16:19] | Yeah, whether it’s me, or Troy Underbridge, or Gabor, or Melvina… | 没错 无论选我 还是Troy Underbridge 或者Gabor 还是Melvina… |
[16:22] | – Or none of you. – Yeah. | – 或者谁也不选 – 好吧 |
[16:24] | You’d bring us all down here, put us through the ringer, | 你把我们都叫来 |
[16:26] | and then choose none of us. | 让我们心力交瘁 然后谁也不选 |
[16:27] | Can you imagine how insulting that would be? | 你能想象那有多侮辱我们么? |
[16:29] | The contempt that a person like that would have to have for you. | 那样的一个人得多轻视我们啊 |
[16:33] | I wish I could hire all of you. | 我真希望把你们都招进来 |
[16:35] | I could start Monday. | 我周一就可以工作 喂….Jim? |
[16:40] | Psst. Jim. | Jim 转身 |
[16:44] | Jim. | Jim 转身 |
[16:46] | Jim, turn around. | Jim 转过来 |
[16:48] | Jim, turn around. | Jim, turn around. Jim. |
[16:51] | Oh! I love staring off in one direction. | 啊 |
[16:54] | If I’m not looking south, I’m not living. That’s what I always say. | 我就喜欢看着一个方向 |
[17:00] | Just act natural. | 如果没有面朝南 |
[17:09] | And I was thinking it’s only fair | 那我就不活了 我一直这么觉得 |
[17:12] | that you help make this decision, | 表现得自然点 因为他们将会坐在你的位置挨着你老婆 |
[17:13] | since they’ll be sitting at your desk next to your wife. | 我觉得你来帮我做决定才比较公平 |
[17:16] | But you know I wouldn’t hire any of these all-stars. | 你知道我不用聘用他们中的任何一个 |
[17:20] | God, that sucks! | 天啊 |
[17:23] | What are you going to do? I mean, it’s your call. | 太糟糕了! |
[17:25] | No. Your friends not turning out to be as great as you thought? | 那你接下来要怎么做 |
[17:28] | Not even Gabor? | 这毕竟是你说了算 你的朋友没你想得那么好吧? |
[17:29] | I guess I just have higher standards | Gabor都不行? |
[17:31] | for my work colleagues than for my friends. | 我想那可能是因为我对同事 比对朋友有着更高的要求 我不能想象他们中的任何一个 穿着旧金色和灰色的衣服 我就知道 你给Dunder Mifflin设计了一套制服 夏天的 冬天的 丛林装 正装 我代表某人 对你们的高水平表现表示惊喜 – 是你吗? – 没错 谢谢大家 – 很惊喜 我不得不说 这是一个非常艰难的决定 我们将…不会在你们中作出选择 – 说什么? – 什么? 这完全是在胡扯! Wallace让我负责这件事 所以你说啥都没用 哇 这太扯了! 你真是满嘴喷粪啊 你怎么能对我的朋友这么做? |
[17:33] | I just couldn’t picture any of them in the old gold and gray. | |
[17:37] | I knew it. You designed a uniform for Dunder Mifflin. | |
[17:40] | Summer. Winter. Jungle. | |
[17:45] | Formal. | |
[17:47] | Well, I, for one, was amazed at how qualified everyone was. | |
[17:50] | You? Amazed. Yes. Thank you. Yes. | |
[17:52] | And I got to say, this was a tough decision, | |
[17:54] | and we had to go with none of you. | |
[17:58] | I’m sorry? What? | |
[18:00] | This is such bull crap! | |
[18:02] | Well, you know, Wallace put me in charge. So you have no say. | |
[18:05] | Wow. So much crap. It’s just a load of BC! | |
[18:10] | How could you do this to them? | |
[18:12] | Too much now. Okay. | |
[18:14] | – Do we get our resumes back? Or do you keep them? | |
[18:16] | Because I only have the one, | 你演够没 – |
[18:18] | and I have a chili recipe on the back that I really want to keep. | 好了 你们会把简历返还给我们还是你们要留着? |
[18:22] | Okay, this is an outrage. | 因为我只有那一份 而且我把辣椒食谱写在背面了 |
[18:24] | Oh! | 我还想留着呢 啊 |
[18:26] | You know what? This is Jim Halpert’s home address | 太过分了 这是Jim |
[18:28] | in case you guys want to toilet paper his house or whatever. | Halpert的家庭住址 万一你们想对他做点什么还用得到 |
[18:31] | That seems inconsiderate. | 你还真不顾及别人感受 没关系 |
[18:33] | No. We get it. | 我们懂了 Dwight |
[18:35] | Thanks so much for the opportunity, Dwight. | 非常感谢你给了我们这次机会 不要打开你收到的任何可疑的包裹 |
[18:38] | Don’t open any suspicious packages you may receive. | 不 等等 |
[18:41] | No wait, do open them. Totally safe. | 一定要打开 那些包裹绝对安全 |
[18:45] | Guys! It wasn’t up to me. Rolf, come on! | 兄弟们 这不是我的决定 |
[18:47] | Guys, it wasn’t my choice. I would have hired all of you! | Rolf 别这样 伙计们 这不是我的决定! |
[18:51] | Gabor? Gabor? | 我本来想把你们都招进来的! |
[18:52] | Well, my day’s shot. | |
[18:54] | Yeah. It’s that weird hour where it’s too late to start a slow roast, | 好吧 我美好的一天已经毁了 |
[18:56] | and too early for a Swanson’s. | 这个时间很尴尬 对于烧烤来说太晚了 |
[18:58] | I got it. Paintball! | 要是去Swanson餐馆又有点早 我懂了 |
[19:00] | Oh, that sounds awesome. Can we wait till I get off work? | 来场CS吧 哇 |
[19:02] | And what are we supposed to do until then? | 这主意太赞了 你们能等到我下班吗? |
[19:04] | Okay. WOLF: Let’s just go, you guys. | 那等你的时候我们干嘛? – |
[19:06] | Yeah, no limit on weapons class, right? | 当我没说 – |
[19:15] | All right. I think that went well. | 我们出发 出发 |
[19:21] | So, if you just take a look at this… Yeah. | 武器级别无限制 对吧? |
[19:23] | That’ll print the… | 好了 我觉得事情还算顺利 |
[19:24] | Hey, hey, meet your new desk mate. | 所以…如果你看看这个东西 然后打印… |
[19:26] | What’s up, good-looking? | 嘿 来见见你的邻桌 |
[19:27] | Oh, cool. Hey, Clark. | – 怎么了 美人儿? – 啊 不错不错 你好 Clark 相信我 这是所有恶魔中最无害的一个了 |
[19:29] | Trust me, this is the least of all the evils. | |
[19:32] | It took me all day to pull this off. | |
[19:33] | So you should be thrilled, considering… | 我花了一整天才设法搞定这件事 |
[19:35] | Yeah, I guess. | 所以照目前的情况来看 你应该很高兴呢 |
[19:37] | I mean, I kind of liked my old desk mate. | 没错 |
[19:40] | Okay- | 很高兴呢 我的意思是 |
[19:42] | I’m really sorry, I told the guys | 我还是比较喜欢原来的邻桌 谢谢 |
[19:43] | I’d be there for the board meeting. | 真抱歉 |
[19:45] | Of course. | 我告诉那些人 说要参加他们的董事会议 |
[19:46] | I’ll call you when I get there. All right. | 没事 去吧 – 我到了就给你电话 |
[19:48] | Bye. All right. | – 嗯 好的 再见 |
[19:49] | Take care of my wife. I will be back. | 好 照顾好我老婆 我会回来的 |
[20:00] | They say that everyone outgrows | Pball1239来信 主题:嘿 混蛋 真高兴你没来玩儿 |
[20:02] | their friends at some point in their lives. | 人们说一生中在某个时间点 每个人都会不再适合于他们原来的朋友 |
[20:03] | Well, I just outgrew them all in the span of three hours. | 好吧 在过去的三个小时中 |
[20:09] | Hey, Pam, I’m going to the kitchen, you want anything? | 我离开了他们所有人 嘿 |
[20:11] | I’m good. | Pam 我正要去茶水间 来点什么? |
[20:12] | Oh, hey, I’ll take a coffee. | – 我很好 |
[20:14] | Oh, I’m sorry. You got to be this cool for coffee. | 不用了 – |
[20:27] | Hey, Dwight. | 嘿 我要一杯咖啡 |
[20:29] | Want to haze the new guy? | 不好意思 你还不够高 |
[20:31] | Who? Me? | 自己去倒吧 嘿 |
[20:33] | Us. | Dwight 想调戏一下新人吗? |
[20:35] | Absolutely I do. | 谁?我? 是我们 |
[20:37] | Okay, okay, here. | 绝对愿意 好 我们这样… |
[20:42] | So the next time he goes to the bathroom, | 拿着 这样 |
[20:45] | I’ll distract him, you take that. | 下次他去洗手间的时候 – |
[20:46] | Okay. Yeah. I know what to do. | 我会去分散他的注意力 你拿着那个… |
[20:48] | Okay- | – 好了好了 我知道该怎么做 |
[20:49] | Oh, that’s great! | – 那好吧 |
[20:58] | Welcome to the club, pig! | – 啊 |
[21:01] | No! Dwight! | 太好玩了 – 不要这样! |
[21:05] | No, it does matter who ends up sitting next to Pam when I’m gone. | – 猪头 欢迎加入团队! |
[21:08] | The people around you are basically | Dwight!住手! 我走了之后谁坐在Pam身边 是一件很重要的事情 |
[21:10] | who you end up spending your life with. | 你身边的人基本上 |
[21:12] | I mean, because of where my desk was, | 就是你要相处一辈子的人 我的意思是 |
[21:14] | I spent all those years looking at Pam, and I fell in love. | 因为我的桌子在那里 我在过去的时光里一直注视着Pam |
[21:17] | So, that stuff matters. | 然后我就爱上了她 |
[21:20] | It definitely does. | 所以这件事很重要 非常重要 |