时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | OK. Thank you, Lady B. | 好的 谢谢你 巴顿女爵 |
[00:04] | Right, for me, it’s a nice day, | 我觉得吧 今天天气不错 |
[00:07] | so I would go for my tracky Bs, my tracky T and my white Hi-Tecs. | 我就选运动套装和白色登山鞋 |
[00:12] | – Trendy. – Robin? Eh… | -够潮 -罗宾 你呢 |
[00:14] | ..Apollo A7L spacesuit. | “阿波罗11号”A7L型宇航服[登月同款] |
[00:17] | You’ve got liquid cooling, portable life-support system, | 有液体冷却和便携式生命维持系统 |
[00:20] | locking cuff, go, “Kshhh…” | 锁紧袖口后就会 咻 |
[00:21] | Spaceman. Yeah, really cool. | 宇航员 很酷 |
[00:23] | – It is cool. – Julian? | -确实很酷 -朱利安呢 |
[00:25] | – Trousers. – Right, any sort of…? | -裤子 -什么样的 |
[00:27] | No, any kind of trousers. | 什么样的都行 |
[00:29] | It’s funny, you don’t miss them till they’re gone. | 说来好笑 失去了才想念 |
[00:32] | – No. – Kitty? | -确实 -基蒂呢 |
[00:35] | Blue jeans…and a green jumper. | 蓝色牛仔裤 和绿色针织套衫 |
[00:40] | Like Alison? | 和艾莉森一样吗 |
[00:41] | Oh, gosh. Yes! | 天 没错 |
[00:43] | – We’d be like twins. – Captain? | -我们会跟双胞胎一样 -上尉 |
[00:45] | This. | 就这身 |
[00:46] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你开玩笑呢 -没有 |
[00:47] | We’re saying you get up in the morning | 我们正在假设早上醒来 |
[00:49] | and you can wear whatever you like. | 可以想穿什么穿什么 |
[00:51] | Thomas is wearing double denim with aviators! | 托马斯选了双面牛仔夹克和迷彩裤 |
[00:54] | – So…? – And Mary | -那又怎样 -而玛丽 |
[00:55] | is wearing a dress made out of seashells. | 则是贝壳做的裙子 |
[00:58] | With a simple lobster hat. | 还有一顶龙虾帽子 |
[01:01] | – Still wouldn’t change a thing. – All right. | -还是不变 -好吧 |
[01:03] | Well, that’s it for What I Would Wear If I Could Today…today. | 那今天的”如果今天可以 我会穿什么”讨论就到这了 |
[01:07] | Don’t forget, later, Julian will be giving a speech | 别忘了 朱利安晚点会发表演讲 |
[01:10] | at 6pm sharp, on the art of spin. | 六点准时开始 “斡旋[旋转]的艺术” |
[01:13] | Is that off spin or leg spin? Because… | 是外旋球还是内旋球 因为… |
[01:16] | No, no. Different kind of spin. | 不不 另一种旋转 |
[01:18] | It’s a political tactic, coined in the… | 是种政治策略 用来… |
[01:20] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Let’s save it for later. | 够了 够了 够了 留着晚点再讲 |
[01:23] | Yeah, OK, yeah, OK. Cool, cool. | 没问题 没问题 |
[01:24] | Look at all these bits I found out there. Could be valuable. | 看我找到了什么 可能值点钱 |
[01:27] | – That’s interesting. – That might be worth something. | -有意思 -这个说不定有点价值 |
[01:29] | – Is that Queen Victoria? – Oh, that’s Elizabeth II. | -是维多利亚女王吗 -是伊丽莎白二世 |
[01:32] | Which one’s that? | 那是哪一位 |
[01:34] | – Our one. – Oh, I despair! | -我们现在这位 -绝望了 |
[01:37] | There might be something else worth something. | 说不定有别的东西值钱 |
[01:38] | There’s an old pipe and whatever this is. | 有个旧烟斗 还有这玩意儿 |
[01:40] | Ah, looks like a musket ball. | 看上去像火枪子弹 |
[01:41] | – Yes, I think it is. – They think it’s a musket ball. | -我觉得就是 -他们觉得是火枪子弹 |
[01:45] | It is. | 确实是 |
[01:46] | Thomas, you don’t think that it’s the one that…? | 托马斯 那个不会是… |
[01:48] | I know it. | 那就是 |
[01:51] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[01:53] | Oh, God, it burns! | 天 烧得疼 |
[01:54] | Mock me no more, cruel world! | 别再嘲弄我了 这个残酷的世界 |
[01:59] | It is a musket ball. | 那就是火枪子弹 |
[02:15] | 鬼屋欢乐送 | |
[02:23] | Are you sure you want me to come? | 你确定想要我一起去 |
[02:25] | – Everyone’s bringing partners. – Yeah, but it’s your reunion. | -大家都带了另一半 -但那毕竟是你的同学聚会 |
[02:28] | I didn’t even go to your school. I’ll just be like a lemon. | 我都没在你那个学校读过书 去了也是当灯泡 |
[02:31] | Obi’s going to be there. You can talk to him. | 欧比会去 你可以跟他聊天 |
[02:33] | Is that Kevin guy going? | 那个叫凯文的会去吗 |
[02:37] | Kevin McMahan? | 凯文·麦克马汉吗 |
[02:38] | You know who I’m talking about. | 你清楚我在说谁 |
[02:40] | The one you dumped when you met me. | 你遇见我时甩了的那个家伙 |
[02:41] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 不知道 可能会去 |
[02:44] | – Is his partner going to be there? – I don’t know. | -他的另一半会去吗 -不知道 |
[02:46] | I don’t know if he has one. | 我都不知道他有没有另一半 |
[02:48] | Right. OK. | 好 行 |
[02:51] | Yeah, cool. | 很好 |
[02:52] | – Are you OK? – Yep. Cool. | -你没事吧 -我很好 |
[02:55] | – Ok. – Cool. | -好吧 -很好 |
[02:57] | Cool, cool, cool. I am cool. | 好好好 我很好 |
[03:04] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[03:05] | I wanted to apologise for my outburst earlier today. | 我想就今天早些时候的暴怒道歉 |
[03:08] | – Which one? – You are kind to make light of it. | -哪一次 -你这么轻描淡写 真是太好心了 |
[03:12] | It must’ve been a shock to see me so ruled by my emotions. | 见到我被自己的情绪支配 你一定很震惊 |
[03:17] | You see, I was overcome with the memory of it all. | 我是被过去的记忆给包围了 |
[03:19] | Come in. | 你可以进来了 |
[03:20] | ‘Tis not a pleasant thing to contemplate, as you can imagine. | 你想象得到 那不是什么值得细思的愉快回忆 |
[03:24] | Perhaps I can give you account of the unhappy events | 也许我可以给你讲讲那决定命运的一天里 |
[03:27] | of that fateful day. | 发生的不幸事件 |
[03:28] | Oh, you don’t have to. | 真的不必 |
[03:29] | October 10th, 1824. | 1824年10月10日 |
[03:32] | – Ok. – A crisp, autumnal afternoon. | -行吧 -一个秋高气爽的下午 |
[03:37] | My cousin and I had accepted invitation | 我表弟和我接受邀请 |
[03:39] | to a gathering at Higham House, | 来参加海厄姆庄园的一场聚会 |
[03:40] | 海厄姆庄园 | |
[03:42] | as it was then known. | 这里当时还是海厄姆庄园 |
[03:44] | What a place. Imagine inheriting this! | 这里太棒了 要是能继承这里该多好啊 |
[03:46] | It’s pleasant enough to visit. | 能来拜访就很开心了 |
[03:49] | I wouldn’t want to live here! | 我可不敢想象住在这里 |
[03:51] | The day’s proceedings were to feature recitals | 那天的活动包括音乐演奏会 |
[03:53] | of both music and poetry. | 和诗歌朗诵会 |
[03:56] | Try not to embarrass me, cousin. | 尽量别丢我的脸 表弟 |
[03:58] | I looked forward to unveiling my new work, but most of all, | 我期待着展示我的新作品 但最重要的是 |
[04:02] | I looked forward to seeing once again Lord Higham’s daughter… | 我期待再一次见到海厄姆勋爵的女儿 |
[04:07] | ..my beloved Isabelle. | 我亲爱的伊莎贝尔 |
[04:11] | my heart is aflutter, cousin. | 我的心在砰砰直跳 表弟 |
[04:14] | She is fine indeed. | 她真的很不错 |
[04:16] | Shall we speak to the girl? | 我们要上前跟她交谈吗 |
[04:17] | Nay! Nay, nay, nay, nay. | 别别别 |
[04:19] | She is with her father. | 她和她父亲在一起呢 |
[04:20] | He does not know we have an attachment we cannot speak openly. | 他还不知道我们之间未曾公开的爱慕之情 |
[04:26] | Though I long to know that her feelings are unchanged. | 尽管我迫切想知道她对我的感情并没有改变 |
[04:30] | Write her a note, then. | 那给她写张便条 |
[04:32] | I will deliver it. I will be your Cupid. | 我帮你送过去 我来当你的丘比特 |
[04:37] | I penned a note, thanked my cousin… | 我写下了便条 谢过我的表弟 |
[04:39] | Thank you, Cousin. | 谢谢你 表弟 |
[04:40] | ..and waited, breath bated, for the… | 屏气凝神 等待着… |
[04:44] | Oh, where is that thing? | 那玩意儿去哪了 |
[04:48] | I am listening. | 我在听 |
[04:54] | Carry on. | 继续说 |
[04:55] | – Snickers? – Yes. | -士力架 -没错 |
[04:57] | What’s wrong with Marathon? | “马拉松”这个名字有什么问题吗 |
[04:57] | 士力架在英国和爱尔兰曾以该名字销售过 | |
[04:58] | Snickers just sounds like, “It’s knickers”. | 士力架听着就是 那是女士短衬裤 |
[05:01] | ‘S’knickers. ‘S’knickers. | 是女士短衬裤 是女士短衬裤 |
[05:04] | Well, is that a bad thing? | 这是件坏事吗 |
[05:06] | Well, no, I suppose not, but what does it mean? I mean, the word. | 我不觉得 但那是什么意思啊 我是说这个词 |
[05:10] | It doesn’t make any bloody sense, does it? | 根本说不通呀 |
[05:11] | – Am I early? – As usual! | -我来早了吗 -一如既往 |
[05:13] | You and Lady B are always the first. | 你和巴顿女爵都是最早到的 |
[05:15] | What? | 什么 |
[05:16] | I was just saying, you’re always the first. | 我在说 你俩总是最早到的 |
[05:19] | You could set a clock by you two. | 都可以把你俩当闹钟了 |
[05:21] | Well, there’s nothing wrong with being punctual. | 守时又没什么问题 |
[05:23] | Anyway, it’s not six yet, so… | 总之 还没到六点呢 |
[05:25] | ..let’s talk amongst ourselves, shall we? | 我们先自己聊聊吧 |
[05:32] | 凯文 | |
[05:32] | 凯文·琼斯 凯文·麦克马汉 | |
[05:40] | So. Your cousin gave her your letter? | 所以你的表弟把便条给了她 |
[05:42] | – Yes. – Oh, my…! | -没错 -天 |
[05:43] | In the meantime, the day’s entertainments had begun… | 与此同时 当天的活动已经开始了 |
[05:52] | And soon it came my turn to enthral. | 很快就轮到我上场了 |
[05:54] | And now, esteemed guests, | 现在 各位尊敬的客人 |
[05:56] | we are honoured by a recital from our greatest living poet, | 我们有幸请到当代最伟大诗人朗诵一首 |
[06:01] | Thomas Thorne. | 有请托马斯·索恩 |
[06:11] | Summer hath aroused | 夏日已唤醒 |
[06:13] | the twilight of life in the hay | 草垛上暮色间的生命 |
[06:16] | Shadows long and dark | 影子又暗又长 |
[06:19] | Time has passed since the honeymoon of May | 五月的甜美后 时光在不停前进 |
[06:23] | And held aloft by rosy buds | 被玫瑰般的花蕾高举 |
[06:28] | Whose nectar sweet forbade… | 那禁止品尝的蜜糖 |
[06:31] | How I longed to read her words. | 我渴望读到她的回信 |
[06:34] | But Hermione And Roger is an epic poem, | 但《赫敏与罗杰》是一部叙事史诗 |
[06:36] | and I could not cheat my rapt audience. | 我又不能抛弃专心致志的听众 |
[06:39] | Upon the banks of the rushing Ouse | 奔腾的乌兹河那岸边 |
[06:42] | Sits there a poor man… | 坐着一位可怜的男人 |
[06:44] | Oh, welcome, Death… | 来吧 死神 |
[06:46] | Two hours later, I finally reached the climax of the piece. | 两小时后 我终于表演到了这部史诗的高潮 |
[06:50] | On this Earth, we are but lodger | 在这个世界上 我们只是过客 |
[06:55] | For she was his Hermione | 但她是他的赫敏 |
[07:00] | And he…always… | 而他 永远 |
[07:04] | ..her Roger! | 是她的罗杰 |
[07:08] | Bravo! Bravo! | 写得好 写得好 |
[07:10] | The man’s a genius! | 这人是个天才 |
[07:12] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[07:15] | thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[07:16] | Pray silence for Lady Isabelle. | 请安静 接下来是伊莎贝尔女士的演奏 |
[07:22] | Her letter, cousin. | 她的回信 表哥 |
[07:27] | “Dear Mr Thorne. | “亲爱的索恩先生 |
[07:28] | “I’m sorry, but I do not love you. | 对不起 我不爱你 |
[07:31] | “Perhaps you misinterpreted my words | 也许你误解了我们上次见面时 |
[07:33] | or actions when last we met.” | 我的话语或行为” |
[07:35] | Might you have done? | 有这个可能吗 |
[07:37] | I mean, you do maybe have the tendency to, you know, | 你确实有点点容易 你懂的 |
[07:41] | get the wrong idea. | 会错别人的意 |
[07:44] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你说的不会是我想的那个意思吧 |
[07:47] | Almost definitely not. | 几乎绝对不是 |
[07:49] | – And again, not. – No. | -不是那个意思 -好吧 |
[07:56] | 永不忘记 绝不屈服 奥克兰学校 英国 恋爱中 | |
[08:10] | 我爱死这个可人了 | |
[08:13] | Nah, bruv. | 不是吧 老兄 |
[08:21] | I was just thinking the other day… | 我刚想到前几天 |
[08:22] | There you go. | 好了 |
[08:23] | They’re late. | 他们迟到了 |
[08:25] | Always the same ones. Well… | 总是他们几个迟到 |
[08:27] | – Well, what else have they got to do? – I know. | -他们还有什么可忙的 -是啊 |
[08:29] | Not stuck in traffic, are they? Or washing their hair. | 又不可能遇到交通堵塞 更不可能在洗头 |
[08:31] | Let’s play a game to pass the time. | 我们玩个游戏消磨时间吧 |
[08:33] | How about Grandma Went To The Shops And Bought An Apple? | 不如玩”祖母去商店买了个苹果”吧 |
[08:36] | – Oh, not this! – Sake! | -不要啊 -我的个老天 |
[08:41] | As my sweetheart played on, I was racked with confusion. | 我的心上人在弹奏着 我却被困惑所折磨 |
[08:46] | I cannot fathom it. | 我不明白了 |
[08:48] | Her affections were so clear before. | 她对我的爱慕之前明明表达得很清楚 |
[08:51] | Poor cousin. | 可怜的表哥 |
[08:53] | Perhaps her father has discovered us and forbidden the match. | 或许是她父亲发现了我们 禁止我们的结合 |
[08:57] | I must know. | 我一定要弄清楚 |
[08:59] | – Let her tell me to my face, at least. – Have a care, cousin. | -我要让她当面告诉我 -慎重点 表哥 |
[09:02] | I wouldn’t want you further hurt in this. | 我不希望你受到更大的伤害 |
[09:08] | – Shall we take our leave? – Stand aside, cousin. Excuse me. | -不如我们先离开吧 -别管我 表弟 借过 |
[09:12] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过 借过一下 |
[09:13] | Isabelle Higham? | 伊莎贝尔·海厄姆吗 |
[09:15] | The girl’s unbearable. | 难以忍受 |
[09:17] | Ugly and untalented. | 又丑又没天赋 |
[09:20] | Unbearable, you say?! | 你说难以忍受 |
[09:24] | Untalented, you say?! | 你说没有天赋 |
[09:27] | Damn your eyes, I say! | 要我说 你眼睛怕是瞎了 |
[09:30] | Damn your head, shoulders, knees and toes, sir! | 滚你的头 肩膀 膝盖和脚趾 先生 |
[09:34] | And what concern is it of yours? | 这关你什么事 |
[09:37] | I happen to love that woman of whom you speak. | 你口中的女人恰好是我的心上人 |
[09:41] | And I demand satisfaction. | 我要与你决斗 |
[09:44] | If her father thought me unworthy before, | 如果她的父亲觉得我之前觉得我不配 |
[09:47] | he certainly thought me worthy now. | 现在肯定觉得我配得上他女儿了 |
[09:52] | Very well. | 好啊 |
[09:58] | Good luck, cousin. | 祝你好运 表哥 |
[10:01] | The evening air was cold. | 那天傍晚的空气很冷 |
[10:03] | Those of steady stomach came to witness my bravery. | 那些勇敢的人前来见证我的勇敢 |
[10:11] | Now count your paces. | 数出自己的步数 |
[10:17] | Four, five, six… | 四 五 六 |
[10:23] | ..11, 12… | 十一 十二 |
[10:27] | Good God. | 老天 |
[10:35] | – Thomas! – Cousin! | -托马斯 -表哥 |
[10:38] | We didn’t get to 20. | 还没到20步呢 |
[10:40] | I am shot. | 我中枪了 |
[10:43] | He cheated, the coward! | 他作弊了 懦夫 |
[10:51] | I am done for. | 我完蛋了 |
[10:53] | May God welcome me to the heavens. | 愿上帝迎我前往天堂 |
[10:56] | My beloved! | 我的爱人 |
[11:00] | My darling! | 我的宝贝 |
[11:02] | Oh, how foolish was I to believe Papa would not approve. | 我真傻 以为爸爸不会同意我们 |
[11:06] | You are the best of men. | 你就是人中豪杰 |
[11:10] | Kiss me… | 吻我 |
[11:12] | ..as the French do. | 像法国人那样 |
[11:24] | That didn’t happen. | 那根本没发生 |
[11:26] | – What? – It didn’t happen! | -什么 -你说的没发生 |
[11:28] | I was there. | 我就在旁边 |
[11:33] | Of course you were! | 当然你会在了 |
[11:34] | Well, that’s how I remembered it. | 我记忆里就是这样 |
[11:37] | – Go on, Robin. – I remember that day. | -说吧 罗宾 -我记得那天 |
[11:39] | – Great! – Are we really going to…? | -好极了 -真的有必要… |
[11:41] | Let’s hear it. | 说来听听吧 |
[11:43] | He come on horsey with pasty friend. | 他骑着马 和一个脸色苍白的朋友前来 |
[11:44] | 海厄姆庄园 | |
[11:47] | It big, nice house. | 这大庄园真不错 |
[11:50] | Nice to come. Me not want live here. | 能来是不错 我不想住在这里 |
[11:54] | Oh, blast! | 该死 |
[11:57] | After he clean poo from his lady shoes, he come inside. | 他清理干净自己女式鞋子上的屎后 进了屋 |
[12:01] | Oh, what you got there? | 这里面有什么呢 |
[12:06] | Look that. | 瞧啊 |
[12:08] | What so good? | 有什么好玩的 |
[12:11] | No! | 不是吧 |
[12:14] | No, do it again. Do it again! | 再来一下 再来一下 |
[12:17] | And now, man called Thomas do poem. | 现在 请叫托马斯的表演诗朗诵 |
[12:25] | Something ’bout flowers, or wine or girls, or something. | 有关花 酒 和女孩什么的 |
[12:31] | It was big boring, but outside, something happened. | 诗朗诵大大的无聊 但外面有事发生了 |
[12:36] | Blink one for yes, two for no. | 眨一下表示对 眨两下是错 |
[12:40] | No! | 不是吧 |
[12:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:44] | Where? | 在哪 |
[12:44] | Something was in grounds. | 有事发生了 |
[12:47] | There! | 那边 |
[12:51] | I have sixth sense, so I follow. | 我有第六感 就跟着感觉走了 |
[13:03] | And then I see baby deer – dead. | 接着我看到了一只小鹿 死了 |
[13:07] | What beast did this? | 什么野兽会干这种事 |
[13:09] | Robin? | 罗宾 |
[13:09] | – What demon…? – Robin! Robin. | -什么恶魔 -罗宾 罗宾 |
[13:14] | – It’s a bit off topic. – But it just getting to a good bit. | -有点离题了 -但我这刚到精彩的地方 |
[13:17] | It’s got nothing to do with how I died. | 这和我怎么死的毫无关系 |
[13:20] | I remembers that! | 我记得 |
[13:22] | – Oh, yes! – Not you two as well. | -没错 -你俩别也来掺和呀 |
[13:25] | This is amazing. | 这下精彩了 |
[13:27] | OK, you’re sure? Is he definitely going tonight? | 你确定吗 他今晚肯定会去吗 |
[13:30] | Well, I mean, the event page says he is. | 活动页面上说他会去 |
[13:33] | Grandma went to the shops and bought an apple, | 祖母去了商店 买了一个苹果 |
[13:36] | a packet of Monster Crunch… | 一袋怪物嘎吱 |
[13:38] | – Munch. – Munch, | -怪物蒙克 -蒙克 |
[13:40] | a bottle of sherry… | 一瓶雪利酒 |
[13:42] | ..Playboy magazine… | 一本《花花公子》 |
[13:44] | ..and… | 和 |
[13:45] | – An Enfield No.2 standard-issue revolver. – Yes, that. | -一把恩菲尔德No.2标配转轮手枪 -没错 和这个 |
[13:49] | – You know he’s a boxer now? – Yeah, he got into that in prison. | -你知道他现在是拳击手了吗 -对 他之前进了监狱 |
[13:52] | Prison? | 监狱 |
[13:52] | – ..a swingball, and a… – ..big tank of a man. | -一个摇摆球 和… -特壮一男的 |
[13:59] | Well, it’s your go. It can be anything. | 你说了算 可以是任何东西 |
[14:00] | Come on, Fanny. – ..a-a-a lace brassiere! | -说吧 范妮 -一件蕾丝胸罩 |
[14:04] | Ooh, saucy! | 有料啊 |
[14:07] | What are you worried about anyway? | 你到底在担心什么 |
[14:08] | Alison dumped him when she met me. | 艾莉森认识了我以后就甩了他 |
[14:11] | Did she? | 是吗 |
[14:12] | It was ages ago, wasn’t it? | 那是很久以前的事了 不是吗 |
[14:14] | So, he’d be over it by now, wouldn’t he? | 所以他现在已经放下了吧 |
[14:16] | Hmm, probably, yeah, yeah. | 可能吧 应该是 |
[14:20] | Mary, you must remember what happened. | 玛丽 你一定记得发生了什么 |
[14:22] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[14:23] | I remembers it well. | 我记得很清楚 |
[14:25] | 海厄姆庄园 | |
[14:28] | The room was full of dandies and wenches, | 房间里挤满了公子哥和少妇 |
[14:32] | talking and all floating about the place. | 一边飘着一边闲聊 |
[14:36] | They had wine coming out of their ears. | 红酒会从他们的耳朵里冒出来 |
[14:39] | – It happens all the time. – The people all laughed and danced. | -这种事很普遍 -人们载歌载舞 |
[14:47] | When Thomas came in, Lady Isabelle did look at him. | 托马斯进来的时候 伊莎贝尔女士的确在看他 |
[14:51] | Said I to Annie… | 我对安妮说 |
[14:53] | Is he the man of which she spoke? | 他就是她说的那个人吗 |
[14:55] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[14:57] | Annie? Who’s Annie? | 安妮 安妮是谁 |
[14:59] | Oh, did we never tell you? | 我们没告诉过你吗 |
[15:00] | Oh, yeah, yeah, Annie ghosted here for 100 year or more. | 安妮在这里当了100多年的鬼 |
[15:05] | A true friend to me. | 她是我真正的朋友 |
[15:07] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[15:08] | Till she got sucked off. | 直到她被吸走 |
[15:10] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[15:13] | Ah, like, moved on? | 就像升天一样 |
[15:14] | Oh, yeah. There’s many that’s been sucked off in this house. | 是的 这房子有很多鬼都吸走了 |
[15:17] | – Moved on. – I used to dream of the day | -升天 -我曾经梦想有一天 |
[15:19] | – that I would be sucked off. – Moved on. | -我会被吸走 -升天 |
[15:21] | But I’ve long since given up hope of ever being sucked off. | 但我早就放弃了被吸走的希望 |
[15:23] | – Moving on. – Anyways… | -升天 -总之 |
[15:25] | Annie and I did watch, and Thomas said his poem… | 安妮和我看着托马斯 他念了他的诗 |
[15:29] | Summer hath aroused the twilights of lifes in the haze… | 夏天在薄雾中唤起了生命的曙光 |
[15:34] | And the people all turned to statues. | 人们变成了雕像 |
[15:38] | Honestly, I think they died of boredoms. | 说实话 我认为他们是死于无聊 |
[15:40] | Oh, come, now. This is a nonsense! | 拜托 这简直就是胡说八道 |
[15:43] | I says it as I remembers I sees it, mate. | 我记得这就是我看到的场面 伙计 |
[15:45] | Kitty, you must have been there, too. | 基蒂 你一定也在吧 |
[15:47] | – Yes. – And me! | -是的 -还有我 |
[15:50] | – Good God, how long have you been there?! – Oh, the whole time. | -天啊 你在那多久了 -一直都在啊 |
[15:53] | Yeah, I remember it. So many beautiful shoes. | 我记得 好多漂亮的鞋子 |
[15:56] | Some heeled, some flat, one pair of boots with lovely buckles. | 高跟鞋 平底鞋 还有一双靴子的鞋扣很可爱 |
[16:00] | Wait, did you just see shoes? | 等等 你只看到了鞋子吗 |
[16:02] | Pretty much, yeah. | 差不多吧 |
[16:04] | Kitty, what did you see? | 基蒂 你看到什么了 |
[16:06] | Oh, I don’t know if I should say. | 我不知道该不该说 |
[16:08] | Aren’t you meant to be going out with Michael this evening? | 今晚你不是要和迈克出去吗 |
[16:10] | We’ve already detained you long enough. | 我们已经耽误你很久了 |
[16:12] | No, but I want to hear what Kitty saw. | 不 我想听听基蒂看到了什么 |
[16:13] | Mike, I’ll be five minutes. | 迈克 给我五分钟 |
[16:16] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[16:19] | Great. | 很好 |
[16:20] | Perfect. Fantastic. | 完美 好极了 |
[16:22] | – Go on, Kitty. – All right. | -说吧 基蒂 -好吧 |
[16:23] | Well, to start with, it was so exciting. | 首先 这里特别好玩 |
[16:28] | All sorts of interesting people coming to the house, | 各种各样有趣的人都来了 |
[16:31] | food laid out on a table. | 桌子上摆满了食物 |
[16:35] | What kind of food? | 什么样的食物 |
[16:36] | No, come one, come all! | 大家都来吧 |
[16:38] | The more, the merrier. We’re only talking about my death! | 越多越好 我们只是在谈论我的死亡 |
[16:42] | We were supposed to muster at 1800 hours | 我们应该18点在休息室集合 |
[16:44] | in the common room for Julian’s talk. | 来听朱利安的演讲 |
[16:45] | Postpone it. You’ve literally got forever. | 推迟吧 反正你有无限的时间 |
[16:48] | Carry on, Kitty. | 继续 基蒂 |
[16:50] | – Where was I? – You were talking about a spread. | -我说到哪了 -你说桌上都是食物 |
[16:52] | Now, was it like a buffet sort of thing? | 是自助餐之类的吗 |
[16:55] | You know, cheese and pineapple? | 奶酪和菠萝吗 |
[16:56] | Pineapple?! | 菠萝 |
[16:58] | Goodness, no. They were wealthy, but they weren’t royalty. | 天哪 不 他们是很有钱 但不是皇室成员 |
[17:03] | I remember Thomas arriving, so in love with Lady Isabelle. | 我记得托马斯来了 深深爱上了伊莎贝尔女士 |
[17:07] | Is he the man of which she spoke? | 他就是她说的那个人吗 |
[17:09] | Looks a silly arse. | 看起来很傻 |
[17:12] | – I remember his poem. – Welcome, Death! | -我记得他的诗 -欢迎你 死亡 |
[17:15] | Oh, sweetest sleep… | 最甜蜜的睡眠 |
[17:16] | I don’t understand poetry very well, but it must have been funny | 我不太懂诗 但一定很有趣 |
[17:20] | because people were giggling. | 因为人们在咯咯直笑 |
[17:21] | And he always… | 他一直是 |
[17:25] | her Roger! | 她的罗杰 |
[17:30] | The man’s a penis. | 这人太傻逼了 |
[17:33] | And I remember the argument — | 我记得那次争吵 |
[17:35] | Thomas didn’t like something he heard. | 托马斯不喜欢那个人的评价 |
[17:37] | What do you think of this Shelley woman I keep hearing about? | 我最近经常听到雪莉这个名字 这姑娘怎么样 |
[17:39] | Oh, she’s unbearable. | 难以忍受 |
[17:40] | Ugly and untalented. | 又丑又没天赋 |
[17:43] | Shelley? | 雪莉 |
[17:45] | No, that can’t be right. You’ve got that wrong. | 不 不可能 你肯定听错了 |
[17:47] | That’s what I heard — Mary Shelley, the writer. | 我没听错 玛丽·雪莉 那个作家 |
[17:50] | Unbearable, you say? | 你说难以忍受 |
[17:52] | Untalented, you say? | 你说没有天赋 |
[17:55] | Damn your eyes, I say! | 要我说 你眼睛怕是瞎了 |
[17:57] | Damn your head… | 滚你的头 |
[18:00] | shoulders, knees and toes, sir. | 肩膀 膝盖和脚趾 先生 |
[18:04] | And what concern is it of yours? | 这关你什么事 |
[18:07] | I happen to love that woman of whom you speak. | 我喜欢你提到的那个女人 |
[18:10] | And I… | 我 |
[18:12] | Sorry, does anybody have a glove? | 抱歉 有手套吗 |
[18:15] | Can I borrow your glove? | 我能借你的手套一用吗 |
[18:16] | – No. – Fine. | -不行 -好吧 |
[18:18] | Imagine the glove. | 想象一下我有手套 |
[18:19] | I demand satisfaction. | 我要与你决斗 |
[18:24] | – Very well. – Really? | -好啊 -真的吗 |
[18:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:27] | God… Good. | 天啊 好啊 |
[18:30] | Good God. | 上帝啊 |
[18:31] | Lady Isabelle didn’t see what Thomas had done. | 伊莎贝尔女士没有看到托马斯做了什么 |
[18:33] | – Why are they duelling? – Over Mary Shelley. | -他们为什么决斗 -因为玛丽·雪莱 |
[18:36] | Apparently, the poet is in love with her. | 诗人爱上了她 |
[18:40] | Seven, eight, nine, ten… | 七 八 九 十 |
[18:55] | Do you mind?! | 拜托 |
[18:57] | Kitty was telling the story! | 基蒂在讲故事呢 |
[18:59] | You weren’t even there! | 你根本就不在场 |
[19:01] | Well, it’s what I would have done. | 换做是我 就会这么做 |
[19:02] | Close-quarter battle… | 近距离战斗 |
[19:13] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[19:14] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[19:14] | Yeah, hi. Hi, sorry. I’m going to be down in, like, one second. | 对不起 我马上就下去 |
[19:21] | It looks like you’ve got something to deal with here. | 看来你有事情要处理 |
[19:22] | Maybe second thoughts about the reunion? | 要不重聚的事再说吧 |
[19:24] | That’s cool. We don’t have to go. No problem. | 没事的 我们不是一定要去的 没问题 |
[19:26] | – What? – I can just…go back to… | -什么 -我可以回去 |
[19:26] | No, no. We’re still going to go. | 不 不 我们还是要去 |
[19:28] | I just need to finish something real quick. | 我赶紧把这边完事 |
[19:31] | – Yeah, it’s just that I actually… – Just really quickly. | -但是我其实 -非常快 |
[19:34] | Everyone, just let Kitty finish. | 各位 让基蒂说完 |
[19:37] | OK. They marched away from each other. | 好的 他们背对背向前走 |
[19:41] | I could hardly bear to watch. | 我真的不忍心去看 |
[19:45] | Five, six… | 五 六 |
[19:49] | nine, ten… | 九 十 |
[19:52] | 11, 12. | |
[20:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:09] | Cousin! | 表哥 |
[20:10] | We didn’t get to 20. | 还没到20步呢 |
[20:12] | I am shot! | 我中枪了 |
[20:15] | He cheated, the coward! | 他作弊了 懦夫 |
[20:21] | I know she doesn’t love me but, please, fetch Isabelle, | 我知道她不爱我 但请把伊莎贝尔叫来 |
[20:25] | that I might say goodbye to her. | 好让我道个别 |
[20:29] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:37] | He waited… | 他等待着 |
[20:40] | and waited… | 等待着 |
[20:43] | but she never came. | 但她一直没来 |
[21:08] | You ok? | 你还好吧 |
[21:10] | Fine, yeah. Just…something in my eye. | 没事 我眼睛里进东西了而已 |
[21:14] | So now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[21:16] | I wanted you to believe better of me, but the truth is… | 我想给你留个好印象 但事实是 |
[21:20] | I was a fool. | 我是个傻瓜 |
[21:23] | A fool who died alone and unloved. | 一个孤独死去 无人喜爱的傻瓜 |
[21:26] | Hang on. Your cousin, he wasn’t wearing boots | 等等 你表弟穿的不是 |
[21:29] | with bronze buckles, was he? | 有青铜扣的靴子吧 |
[21:30] | We’ve finished now, Humphrey. | 已经结束了 汉弗莱 |
[21:33] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[21:35] | Well, who was he writing letters to? | 他写信给谁了 |
[21:37] | What? | 什么 |
[21:39] | Well, he wrote two letters. | 他写了两封信 |
[21:41] | On the stairs, where I was. | 我当时在楼梯上 |
[21:45] | Why would he…? | 他为什么 |
[21:47] | Please, fetch Isabelle, that I might say goodbye. | 请把伊莎贝尔叫来 好让我道个别 |
[21:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:55] | No! | 不 |
[21:57] | 海厄姆庄园 | |
[21:57] | What a place. | 这里太棒了 |
[21:59] | Imagine inheriting this. | 要是能继承这里该多好啊 |
[22:02] | My heart is aflutter, cousin. | 我的心在砰砰直跳 表弟 |
[22:04] | She is fine indeed. | 她真的很不错 |
[22:05] | Write her a note, then. I will deliver it. | 那给她写张便条 我帮你送过去 |
[22:08] | I will be your Cupid. | 我来当你的丘比特 |
[22:10] | Thank you, cousin. | 谢谢你 表弟 |
[22:21] | Please understand, | 请你理解 |
[22:23] | I do not love you. | 我不爱你 |
[22:25] | Thomas Thorne. | 托马斯·索恩 |
[22:29] | And held aloft by rosy buds. | 被玫瑰般的花蕾高举 |
[22:32] | But how could his feelings have cooled so quickly? | 但他的感情怎么会这么快消失 |
[22:34] | You deserve better. My cousin… How can I say this? | 他配不上你 我表哥 怎么说呢 |
[22:38] | Has many fancies. | 有很多红颜 |
[22:40] | A typical poet. | 典型的诗人 |
[22:44] | Nectar sweet forbade… | 禁止品尝的蜜糖 |
[22:48] | Dear Mr Thorne, I’m sorry, but I do not love you. | 亲爱的索恩先生 对不起 我不爱你 |
[22:52] | I must know! | 我一定要弄清楚 |
[22:54] | Let her tell me to my face, please. | 我要让她当面告诉我 |
[22:56] | Have a care, cousin. | 慎重点 表哥 |
[22:57] | I would not want you further hurt in this. | 我不希望你受到更大的伤害 |
[22:59] | Come to think of it, | 这么一想 |
[23:00] | it was Francis who told me about the officer. | 那个警官说的话是弗朗西斯告诉我的 |
[23:03] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[23:05] | Say, what do you think of this Shelley woman | 我最近经常听到雪莉这个名字 |
[23:07] | I keep hearing about? | 这姑娘怎么样 |
[23:08] | Oh, she’s unbearable. | 难以忍受 |
[23:09] | Ugly and untalented. | 又丑又没教养 |
[23:14] | He called Isabelle unbearable and untalented. | 他说伊莎贝尔难以忍受 没有教养 |
[23:17] | Damn your eyes, I say! | 要我说 你眼睛怕是瞎了 |
[23:20] | Very well. | 好啊 |
[23:22] | 20 paces, cousin. | 20步 表哥 |
[23:24] | 20? | |
[23:28] | 11, 12… | |
[23:36] | We didn’t get to 20! | 还没到20步呢 |
[23:37] | – Thomas! – Cousin! | -托马斯 -表哥 |
[23:39] | I am shot! | 我中枪了 |
[23:41] | He cheated, the coward! | 他作弊了 懦夫 |
[23:42] | Please, fetch Isabelle, that I might say goodbye. | 请把伊莎贝尔叫来 好让我说再见 |
[23:46] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:59] | But he didn’t fetch her. | 但他没有把她接过来 |
[24:01] | He was taken too soon! | 他走得太早了 |
[24:03] | He is gone. He is gone, and there’s nothing we can do. | 他走了 我们无能为力 |
[24:06] | – Oh, God, Thomas! – Oh, you poor thing. | -天啊 托马斯 -可怜的小家伙 |
[24:09] | Oh, what he’s put you through, it is not fair. | 他害你这么伤心 真的不值得 |
[24:12] | – Let me lend you some comfort. – Oh, you are kind. | -难过就跟我说 -你真好 |
[24:16] | Forgive me. I… | 原谅我 我 |
[24:17] | I don’t even know your name. | 我都不知道你的名字 |
[24:19] | Button. Francis Button. | 巴顿 弗朗西斯·巴顿 |
[24:23] | Button?! | 巴顿 |
[24:24] | Yes. They got married. | 是的 他们结婚了 |
[24:26] | It was their son who returned here to live. | 是他们的儿子回来住的 |
[24:28] | My George’s grandfather. | 我乔治的祖父 |
[24:31] | This letter… | 这封信 |
[24:33] | is a lie. | 是个谎言 |
[24:34] | I thought it was not her usual hand. | 我以为她只是没用惯用手写字 |
[24:36] | And her name is misspelt. | 她的名字还拼错了 |
[24:38] | I just thought she’d written it in a hurry. | 我以为她写得很匆忙 |
[24:41] | All those years I thought I’d been spurned when, really… | 这么多年来 我一直以为自己被抛弃了 其实 |
[24:46] | she did love me. | 她是爱我的 |
[24:48] | Does that make you feel any better? | 你感觉好些了吗 |
[24:52] | No, it’s worse! | 不 更糟了 |
[24:55] | Wait, hold on. Button? So… | 等等 等等 巴顿 所以 |
[24:57] | – that means we’re related. – Yes! | -所以我们是亲戚关系 -是的 |
[25:00] | No. | 不 |
[25:01] | I mean, very distantly related. Our children would be fine. | 我们是非常疏远的亲戚 我们的孩子应该没事 |
[25:04] | We’re probably all related, if you go back far enough. | 要是追溯得足够久 我们可能都是亲戚 |
[25:07] | Yeah, you all come from me. | 是的 你们都是我的子孙 |
[25:09] | And my sister. | 还有我姐妹 |
[25:14] | Heh-heh, joking! | 开玩笑啦 |
[25:16] | Right, that’s quite enough of this nonsense. | 废话已经说的够多了 |
[25:18] | Shall we go and listen to Julian’s talk? | 我们去听朱利安的演讲吧 |
[25:20] | It’s only 43 minutes late. | 只晚了43分钟 |
[25:21] | What be it about? | 主题是什么 |
[25:22] | The art of spin — | 斡旋的艺术 |
[25:25] | how the same fact or story can be told in different ways to, you know, | 同一个事实或故事如何用不同的方式讲述 |
[25:29] | promote a particular bias. | 来增进特定的偏见 |
[25:30] | Well, I think we’ve covered that. | 我们已经讨论过了吧 |
[25:32] | Well done, Humphrey. | 干得好 汉弗莱 |
[25:34] | Not just a pretty face. | 我可不光只有一张帅脸 |
[25:36] | Yes, I suppose you are. | 你说得对 |
[25:46] | Right, shall we hit the road? | 我们上路吧 |
[25:47] | I don’t want to go. | 我不想去 |
[25:49] | – What? – I don’t want to go, | -什么 -我不想去 |
[25:51] | because Kevin, right, you dumped him for me, | 因为凯文 你为了我甩了他 |
[25:53] | and I looked him up, and he’s a boxer. | 我查了他一下 他是个拳击手 |
[25:54] | He fights people. And Obi says he’s done time, | 他的职业就是打架 欧比说他坐过牢 |
[25:57] | so if he’s not over you, | 所以如果他没有放下你 |
[25:58] | – I don’t want to go because… – He dumped me. | -那我就不想去了 因为 -是他甩了我 |
[26:02] | What? | 什么 |
[26:03] | He dumped me. | 是他甩了我 |
[26:06] | I told you that I dumped him because | 我说是我甩的他 |
[26:09] | I thought it made it sound better. | 是因为这样更好听一些 |
[26:11] | And I wanted to make you think that I was choosing you. | 我想让你觉得 是我选择了你 |
[26:13] | Which I…which I was. | 我也确实是这么做的 |
[26:14] | – No, I was choosing you. – So I was a rebound? | -我选择了你 -所以你是不想难过才找的我 |
[26:16] | No! | 不 |
[26:18] | Well, kind of. At first. | 一开始算是吧 |
[26:21] | Look, he’s not going to be angry at you, because he dumped me. | 他不会生你的气 因为是他甩的我 |
[26:26] | And I’m glad he did. | 我很庆幸 |
[26:34] | Come on, then. Let’s go. | 那走吧 |
[26:36] | Of course, I don’t know what you’re worried about, | 当然了 不知道你在担心什么 |
[26:38] | because you’re a black belt in taekwondo. | 毕竟你是跆拳道黑带啊 |
[26:41] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[26:43] | I did say that. | 我确实说过 |
[27:13] | Fie! | 可恶 |