时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | “Genius.” | “天才” |
[00:02] | Back in the day, this was a label | 在过去 这个标签 |
[00:04] | limited to the intellects. | 仅用在知识分子身上 |
[00:05] | *And I got a colorful aura* | *我的光环* |
[00:07] | *Like I got neon guts* | *就像霓虹灯般* |
[00:09] | But since then, the idea | 但之后 |
[00:10] | of who was considered a genius has expanded like crazy… | 仿佛谁都可以被看作是天才 |
[00:13] | *Higher than Elon Musk* | *比伊隆·马斯克厉害* |
[00:15] | …and included another modern-day visionary | 还包括现代梦想家 |
[00:17] | who was responsible for this.. | 谁掀起的这股潮流 |
[00:19] | Now, what may look like an ordinary website, | 现在 也许看起来是一个普通的网站 |
[00:22] | with an ordinary beach and an ordinary moon, | 有着普通的沙滩和普通的月亮 |
[00:24] | was actually neoteric, groundbreaking genius. | 实际上是现代具有开创性的杰作 |
[00:31] | by a music artist ever. | 匿名发行的数字唱片 |
[00:32] | It was crazy, no one knew who was behind this thing. | 太刺激了 没人知道是谁的杰作 |
[00:36] | *Dark energies, we don’t touch* | *黑暗力量 我们不触碰* |
[00:38] | *Our jewelry’s beyond Tut* | *我们的珠宝更胜法老* |
[00:39] | But anyone who could stop the world | 也许他能操控世界吧 |
[00:40] | and get a campus full of Gen Z-ers | 能让学校里所有的Z世代 |
[00:42] | to focus on one thing while remaining unknown | 都关注这张唱片 还不暴露身份 |
[00:45] | was probably on some genius vibes. | 的确有种天才的感觉 |
[00:48] | As far as my own genius vibes, | 就我自己的的天资而言 |
[00:50] | if I was gonna change the game, my work had to be great. | 如果我要颠覆业界 那我的的作品必须出色 |
[00:54] | All right. What does it need? What does it need? | 好吧 我还差些什么 还缺点什么 |
[00:59] | Heh. | 呵 |
[01:03] | No. | 不行 |
[01:14] | Yep, that’s what it needed. | 没错 这样就挺好的 |
[01:54] | While my designs were a work in progress, | 当我的还在设计的时候 |
[01:56] | the crew was pre-gaming at our place | 朋友们就开始准备了 |
[01:57] | before heading over to Hawkins to watch the main event. | 然后再去霍金斯大厅开派对 |
[02:00] | Guys, look. Look! | 朋友们 看 看啊 |
[02:03] | Oh, my God. Yes. | 噢 天呐 好棒 |
[02:05] | Little umbrellas to match the beach theme of the drop. | 小伞和这首歌的沙滩主题多搭啊 |
[02:09] | But you know me, I rock with a theme. | 你知道我的 我会跟着主旋律走 |
[02:12] | What was that? Was that an owl? | 这是什么声音 猫头鹰吗 |
[02:14] | No. Band-tailed pigeon. | 不 是斑尾鸽 |
[02:16] | What? I fxxked with birds. | 咋了 我喜欢鸟类 |
[02:17] | And drugs. That was most definitely an owl. | 还有毒品 那绝对是猫头鹰 |
[02:20] | An owl? You guys, you know what this means, right? | 猫头鹰吗 你们知道这意味着什么 对吧 |
[02:24] | There can only be one genius behind this. | 只有可能是那位天才 |
[02:27] | Champagne Papi! Champagne Papi! | |
[02:33] | Please. Wheelchair Jimmy does not even have | 拜托 轮椅Jimmy可没 |
[02:35] | the creative capacity to pull this off | 这样的水平写出这种歌 |
[02:37] | or act in his music videos. | 或者制作出这种MV |
[02:38] | Singing into a Mic most def | 对着麦克风唱歌 |
[02:39] | doesn’t make him a genius. | 并不能代表他是天才 |
[02:40] | I mean, like, come on, bruh. | 我意思是 他只会唱 来吧 兄弟 |
[02:41] | She don’t want you. Move on. | 她都和你分手了 该向前看 |
[02:43] | Okay. How are you guys even speculating | 好了 你们甚至都不知道看的是什么 |
[02:45] | who this is when you don’t even know what you’re watching? | 怎么知道到底是谁的杰作 |
[02:48] | It’s a basic-ass beach. | 一个不能再普通的沙滩而已 |
[02:49] | You’re essentially just watching, really, | 本质上 你们看的 |
[02:51] | a Windows 98 screen saver. | 和Windows 98的屏保没什么不同 |
[02:53] | I fxxk with Windows 98. | 我也喜欢Windows 98 |
[02:55] | Of course you do. | 不愧是你 |
[02:56] | I mean, this whole thing is just ridiculous, no? | 我的意思是 整个事情就很可笑 不是吗 |
[02:58] | It’s, like, a couple of music blogs say | 就像是 几个音乐博客说 |
[03:01] | that there’s a “Random drop” At midnight, | 半夜会发个随意发点什么 |
[03:03] | and now everybody has been glued to their phones, | 然后所有人都开始时时刻刻看着手机 |
[03:05] | saying that some random owl… possibly pigeon sounds | 讨论有可能是猫头鹰 可能是鸽子 |
[03:09] | are genius. | 很天才 |
[03:10] | Excuse me, but everything Drizzy does is genius. | 不好意思 Drizzy在任何事情上都很有才 |
[03:14] | For the last 10 years, he’s been a hit factory, | 在过去十年 他的音乐都很流行 |
[03:17] | and a style icon for mock turtlenecks. | 而且还引领了高领毛衣的时尚潮流 |
[03:19] | Zaddy even had the Fresh Prince | 他甚至还穿着Air Jordan 5 |
[03:21] | dancing on bridges in Budapest. | 在布达佩斯的桥上过跳舞 |
[03:22] | I’m-a keep it real with y’all, chief: | 坦率地讲 朋友们 |
[03:24] | no way this is Aubrey. | 不可能是Aubrey |
[03:26] | Dude buys billboards, posts his drop dates on IG. | 他会利用广告牌宣传 会在Instagram上公布发专辑的日期 |
[03:28] | This is real art from a real artist, okay? | 这个才是名副其实的音乐艺术家 好吗 |
[03:31] | A boundary pusher. A genius. | 打破常规 一位天才 |
[03:34] | Like Chief Keef or Young Thug. | 像说唱歌手Chief Kee或是Young Thug |
[03:36] | – Who? – Exactly. | – 谁 – 没错 |
[03:37] | Drake is pop. “Popular.” | Drake是流行歌手 “流行的” |
[03:39] | So because you’re pop, you can’t be a genius? | 仅因为是流行 就不能算是天才吗 |
[03:42] | Um… what about Michael Jackson? | 呃 那迈克尔杰克逊呢 |
[03:45] | Wow. You’re really gonna compare the King of Pop | 哇 你真的要把多伦多之王 |
[03:47] | with the King of Toronto? | 和流行天王对比吗 |
[03:48] | Drake’s mad average. Basic. | Drake只能算一般 |
[03:51] | He’s like The Cheesecake Factory. | 他就像芝士蛋糕工厂餐厅一样普通 |
[03:53] | Ain’t nothing basic ’bout that brown bread, though. | 但那的全麦面包可不一般 |
[03:55] | I get down with that, heavy. | 我真的超级喜欢 |
[03:58] | So, while the world continued to be inspired, | 当全世界都有了灵感 |
[04:00] | I only wish I could say the same. | 我真希望我也能有 |
[04:02] | I should have been drawing fashion designs, | 我本该专注画服装设计图 |
[04:04] | but all I could think about was the drop. | 但我的脑子里都是那首歌 |
[04:09] | 你在哪 快疯了 你男友在说Drizzy的坏话 快来 有鸡尾酒 | |
[04:17] | Well, maybe after I down a couple daiquiris | 好吧 也许喝几杯鸡尾酒 |
[04:18] | and watch the drop, I’ll have a creative surge. | 再看到那首歌的画面 我灵感就来了 |
[04:21] | Or a brain freeze. | 也许会头疼 |
[04:24] | All right, guys. I know it’s due tomorrow. | 好吧 朋友们 我知道明天就得交了 |
[04:27] | But let’s be honest… I can’t force the game. | 但实话说 我不能勉强自己 |
[04:29] | I have to let the game come to me. | 我得去找找灵感了 |
[04:32] | Okay. | 没错 |
[04:35] | Mr. RA’s really going all-out for this drop. | 宿管看来真的打算一直播这首歌了 |
[04:38] | Bro, a betting board? | 兄弟 这是赌注板吗 |
[04:39] | That’s factually a genius come up. | 看来一位天才真的即将出现 |
[04:41] | You know what gave him the idea… your boy. | 你知道是谁的主意吗 |
[04:43] | – Big Mike? – Me. It was me. | – Mike吗 – 我 是我 |
[04:47] | What the hell? N-Nothing’s ready? | 搞什么 什么都没准备好吗 |
[04:50] | The drop’s not up, I’m watching a Hood Hobbit slay goblins, | 音乐没听到 只看到一个贫民窟的霍比特人在打妖怪 |
[04:53] | and there’s no alcohol. | 酒也没有 |
[04:54] | Where’s the alcohol? And the board’s not done. | 酒在哪 赌注板也没弄好 |
[04:56] | I don’t give a damn about that pinata. | 我才不管在乎那个彩罐 |
[04:58] | Listen to me. We have 30 minutes. | 听我说 我们还剩30分钟 |
[05:00] | This place will be lit with baddies with low self-esteem, | 这里马上就会热闹起来 会来很多低自尊 |
[05:03] | high expectations. | 高期待的美女 |
[05:05] | You know, we got nothing to give them. | 但现在这种情况不可能让她们高兴 |
[05:06] | W-We’re empty-handed. | 我们什么都没准备好 |
[05:07] | Bro, I said I got you. All right? | 兄弟 我说了我会帮你 好吗 |
[05:09] | I’m just screwing in this last bolt so the frame will be secure. | 我再把最后一颗螺丝钉拧好 这个框架就稳固了 |
[05:11] | I’m gonna pop in the board and take care of the other stuff. | 然后就去弄赌注板和其他事情 |
[05:13] | So just chill, yo. | 冷静点 好吗 |
[05:17] | You know, I just feel like you don’t want me to be great. | 我怎么觉得你是来帮倒忙的 |
[05:20] | You know? Doug, do you mind helping us out | Doug 你愿意帮我们 |
[05:22] | with the betting board, bud? | 弄好赌注板吗 |
[05:24] | – Please? – Nah. | – 拜托了 – 不 |
[05:25] | I’m-a pray for y’all, though. | 但我会为你们祈祷的 |
[05:26] | ‘Cause, heh, won’t he do it. | 因为他不会做的 |
[05:28] | Look, I get it. We all like the old Kanye, | 我明白 我们都喜欢曾经的Kanye |
[05:30] | but you can’t take away his genius | 但你不能不认为他是个天才 |
[05:31] | just because he had a few unpopular opinions. | 尽管你不喜欢他的一些观点 |
[05:32] | I’ll take it away for other reasons. | 还有其他原因 |
[05:34] | Have you heard his last two albums? | 你听过他新发的两张专辑吗 |
[05:35] | – Gar. Bage. – All right, I’ll give it to you. | – 垃圾 – 好吧 我跟你讲 |
[05:37] | “Ye” Was pretty messy. But “Yandhi” Is fire. | “Ye”那首歌确实不怎么样 但”Yandhi”太棒了 |
[05:39] | It just proves that he can continue to shift culture. | 这再次证明了他有能力改变文化潮流 |
[05:41] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嘿 |
[05:43] | – You’re gonna need this. – Thank you. | – 你需要来杯酒 – 谢谢 |
[05:45] | They’re in a Kanye deep dive. | 他们在深度探讨Kanye |
[05:46] | No, no, no. Oh, my God. | 不 不 不 天呐 |
[05:48] | You guys got Luca started on Yeezy. | 你们不会和Luca聊椰子鞋吧 |
[05:51] | Please tell me no one’s mentioned anything about birds. | 希望你们没提到任何有关鸟的事情 |
[05:53] | Look, you can dislike Kanye all you want. | 你可以不喜欢Kanye |
[05:55] | But unlike other rappers, he never conformed | 但他和其他说唱歌手不同的是 他从来都不会 |
[05:57] | to the masses, and the masses conformed to him. | 迎合大众 而大众会认可他 |
[05:59] | – Back me up, baby. – Mm. | – 亲爱的 支持我一下 – 嗯 |
[06:01] | Yeah, well, it’s true. He’s got everybody going broke | 嗯 是这样的 他让大家看起来像 |
[06:03] | trying to look like homeless dudes with dad sneakers. | 穿着老爹鞋的穷困的流浪汉 |
[06:06] | His, um, music, fashion, media… | 他的 呃 音乐 时尚 社交媒体 |
[06:08] | everything dude does hits. | 都做得很棒 |
[06:10] | Wow. Are you seriously pro-Kanye right now? | 哇 你现在真的支持Kanye吗 |
[06:12] | Heh. Wait till I “At” Your ass on Black Twitter. | 哼 等会在推特上走着瞧 |
[06:14] | Please do not do that. But I do believe | 别这样 但我觉得 |
[06:17] | that art should be separate from the artists. | 不能把艺术作品和艺术家混为一谈 |
[06:18] | Oh. Like how Kanye separated himself | 噢 就像Kanye脱离了 |
[06:21] | from his community, and then turned his back | 他原来的圈子 然后背叛 |
[06:23] | on the people who actually made him? | 原来让他成名的人吗 |
[06:28] | But I guess you’re used to that, because you’re… | 不过我猜你也习以为常了 因为你 |
[06:30] | you’re also known to turn your back on people. | 就经常背叛别人啊 |
[06:35] | What did I just enter? | 我刚刚加入了什么谈话 |
[06:36] | I mean, that was not even shade. That was a full eclipse. | 这不是会有一点阴影的事情 这简直伤透我了 |
[06:40] | Hey, Jazz, can we sidebar, please? | 嘿 Jazz 能单独聊聊吗 |
[06:46] | I need better eyes on this. | 我得去盯着她们 |
[06:48] | See? This is why I don’t do friends. | 看到了吗 这就是我为什么不爱交朋友 |
[06:51] | Or maybe it’s possible that friends don’t do you. | 也许是别人不想和你交朋友 |
[06:53] | Bet. | 是吧 |
[06:55] | So, I totally get that you’re obviously still mad at me | 我非常能理解你还在生我的气 |
[06:58] | for not telling you that your dude was at the kick-back. | 因为没有告诉你你的男朋友参加了聚会 |
[07:00] | And that’s my bad. | 那的确是我的错 |
[07:02] | But I’ve tried apologizing a million times. | 但我已经道歉过很多次了 |
[07:04] | And at this point, I don’t know what to do. | 我真的不知道该怎样做了 |
[07:05] | There’s nothing else to do. I’m completely over it. | 什么都不需要做 我原谅你了 |
[07:09] | So… | 那 |
[07:10] | So we’re good? | 那我们和好了吗 |
[07:12] | Yeah. Yeah, we’re Gucci. | 是 当然 我们完事了 |
[07:13] | – All right. – Mm-hmm. | – 好吧 – 嗯 |
[07:15] | Than… Uh, you can have… | 谢 额 你想喝的话 |
[07:21] | I wasn’t done with that. | 我还没喝完呢 |
[07:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:28] | It’s beautiful and everything, | 这确实是挺好看的 |
[07:30] | but it’s a little confusing, right? | 但是很难理解啊 |
[07:32] | As all good art should be. | 所有好的艺术都是这样的 |
[07:33] | That is such bullshit. | 纯粹瞎扯 |
[07:35] | Because someone’s art is confusing, | 就因为一个人的艺术很难以理解 |
[07:36] | it makes them a genius? | 他就成了天才了吗 |
[07:38] | Facts. Confusion pushes the conversation forward | 事实上 理解不了会让人们更有讨论的欲望 |
[07:41] | and makes us think. | 进而引发思考 |
[07:42] | Take any episode of “Atlanta” For example. | 想想<亚特兰大>就知道了 |
[07:44] | I don’t want to. That show is ridiculous. | 才不 那部剧也太扯了 |
[07:46] | What’s it about? Seriously, I wanna know. | 它到底是讲什么的 说实话 我真的看不懂 |
[07:48] | Girl, you know I don’t have a clue. | 我也毫无头绪 |
[07:50] | That Teddy Perkins mess? | Teddy Perkins那集到底演了点什么啊 |
[07:51] | Exactly my point. | 就是这个意思 |
[07:53] | Nobody knew what that episode was about, | 没人知道那集到底是什么意思 |
[07:54] | but everybody was talking about it. | 但每个人都在讨论它 |
[07:56] | Well, I think I have to side with Luca on this one, | 这次我得站在Luca一边了 |
[07:58] | because Donald Glover is for sure a genius. | 因为Donald Glover绝对是个天才 |
[08:00] | But nobody asked you, sweetie. | 但也没人问你的意见呀 宝贝 |
[08:04] | We are so not Gucci. | 我们非常没完事 |
[08:06] | You guys do realize that by calling everyone a genius, | 你们知道 如果管所有人都叫天才 |
[08:10] | no one is a genius? | 就没有人是天才了 |
[08:11] | Just completely waters down the label. | 这个词的逼格就没有了 |
[08:13] | It’s so much more rare than you think. | 天才比你们想得罕见多了 |
[08:15] | I don’t know. I think we’re all geniuses in our own way. | 也不好说 我觉得每个人都有可能在某些方面是天才 |
[08:18] | Ugh. I wish your parents had been more honest with you. | 你爸妈应该早点把真相告诉你的 |
[08:20] | Sister solidarity, I guess. | 还真是姐妹同心 |
[08:23] | I get what Zoey means. | 我懂Zoey的意思 |
[08:24] | There’s something genius in all of us. | 每个人都是多少有点天才的 |
[08:26] | Like, I’m really good at giving advice. | 比如 我就很擅长给别人出主意 |
[08:28] | And the only reason why you’re good at giving people advice | 你擅长给别人出主意的唯一原因 |
[08:31] | is because you’re always in people’s business. | 就是你总管别人的闲事 |
[08:33] | – Unh-unh! – Seriously, though, | – 才不是 – 不过说真的 |
[08:35] | nobody here is a genius. | 这房间里没有一个天才 |
[08:36] | Nobody. | 一个也没有 |
[08:37] | – Mm. – Except maybe this dummy. | – 嗯 – 除了这个家伙可能算是吧 |
[08:41] | Thanks, Nomi. | 多谢 |
[08:44] | You’re only saying that ’cause he’s always smoking you out. | 他给你大麻抽 你才这么说的 |
[08:46] | No, I’m really not. I mean, think about it. | 没有 我是认真的 仔细想想吧 |
[08:48] | His designs, his drawings. | 他能设计 他能绘画 |
[08:50] | But literally everyone in the fashion department | 但是服装学院的每个人 |
[08:53] | needs to know how to do all those things, so… | 都会做这些事情 所以 |
[08:55] | Yeah, but it just comes so much easier to him. | 是的 但是他做起来就很容易 |
[08:57] | I mean, you were, like, busting your ass all night, | 同样的事 你做就要不分昼夜地拼命 |
[09:00] | and Baby Basquiat’s just been sipping daiquiris. | 这位小Basquiat轻轻松松就搞定了 |
[09:02] | I mean, you do it. But Luca… | 你最多是创造艺术 而Luca |
[09:04] | Luca is it. | Luca本身就是艺术 |
[09:07] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[09:09] | None taken. | 我没事的 |
[09:10] | Psh! | 切 |
[09:13] | All of the offense taken. | 简直是天大的冒犯 |
[09:18] | Love me like it’s our first time | *像我们的第一次地那样爱我* |
[09:22] | Love me like it’s our last | *像我们将要永别那样爱我* |
[09:26] | Love me like it’s forever | *永恒持久地爱我* |
[09:30] | Love me like you know it’s too fast | *你明知操之过急但仍然那样爱我* |
[09:35] | So, the main event had started at Hawkins, | 活动在霍金斯大厅开始了 |
[09:38] | and everybody was really feeling | 每个人都越来越感同身受 |
[09:39] | what we had been built up to believe | 发自内心地觉得 |
[09:42] | was going to be the cultural event of the century. | 这会是本世纪最重要的文化事件 |
[09:44] | But instead of being in the moment, | 但我并没有在享受这一刻 |
[09:46] | I was lost in thought, trying to figure out | 而是在走神 |
[09:48] | why Nomi’s comments about Luca being a genius | 想着为什么Nomi说Luca是个天才这件事 |
[09:51] | had bothered me so much. | 让我如此烦恼 |
[09:53] | – You good, kid? – Yeah, totally. | – 你没事吧 宝贝 – 没事啊 |
[09:55] | Why do I lie? | 我为什么说谎 |
[09:57] | Oh, be right back. My TaskRabbit guy is here. | 马上回来 我的外卖跑腿小哥到了 |
[10:00] | Gotta go grab my Yoshinoya bowl. | 我去拿一下我的吉野家外卖 |
[10:02] | Guys. Black people! And friends. | 大伙 黑人同胞们 以及朋友们 |
[10:04] | Hey, something’s happening. | 好像开始了 |
[10:13] | Black excellence, people. | 黑人精英 朋友们 |
[10:14] | This is what Black excellence looks like. | 这就是黑人精英的样子 |
[10:16] | No disrespect, but how does he know the artist is black? | 无意冒犯 但是他怎么知道这个艺术家是黑人呢 |
[10:19] | Okay, first, bro, you way too close to my sneakers. | 好吧 兄弟 首先 你离我的球鞋太近了 |
[10:22] | And second, every new wave of artistry | 其次 每次对文化产生冲击的艺术浪潮 |
[10:24] | that shakes up culture is always started by a black person. | 都是黑人引起的 |
[10:28] | We innovate. Not appropriate. | 我们创造艺术 而非模仿艺术 |
[10:31] | See? That’s why you bae. | 这就是为什么你这么可爱 |
[10:35] | Look, I hear you, bae. | 你说得也有道理 小可爱 |
[10:36] | It’s just, I think it’s someone who defies race. | 只不过我觉得 这应该是个漠视种族差异的艺术家 |
[10:38] | You know, transcends culture? | 在不同文化之间往来自如 |
[10:41] | Which is why I’m going with the Biebs. | 所以我觉得应该是比伯 |
[10:43] | No, no, no, no. Put him on the back of the board. | 别别别 把他写在白板后面吧 |
[10:44] | – Vivek, no. – Then burn it! | – 别啊 Vivek – 把白板烧了吧 |
[10:45] | No. No! | 不要啊 |
[10:47] | Again, you just make it so hard to like you, man. | 你真是让人一点也喜欢不起来啊 |
[10:50] | – What? – There. | – 什么情况 – 好了 |
[10:51] | Just like that. | 这样就可以了 |
[10:52] | – Can I just… – At the top. | – 我能不能 – 写在最上面 |
[10:53] | I’m not mad at it. I just want to fix it real… | 我不是不喜欢 我就是想稍微地修改 |
[10:57] | Kid Cudi, Travis Scott, Kendrick, and the Biebs… | Kid Cudi Travis Scott Kendrick 还有 Biebs |
[11:02] | Is this a dude thing? | 这跟性别有关吗 |
[11:03] | Is that why Luca’s a genius and I’m not, | Luca是个天才而我不是 |
[11:05] | because he’s a guy? | 就因为他是个男的 |
[11:07] | Okay, y’all, this board is hella problematic. | 好了各位 这个白板太有问题了 |
[11:12] | You’re telling me no one sees what’s wrong with the board? | 你们真的没看出来有什么不正常吗 |
[11:14] | Aside from it being Bieber’d? No one? | 除了上面写了比伯的名字 真的没看出来吗 |
[11:15] | – What? – I don’t think… | – 什么啊 – 我不觉得 |
[11:17] | There are no women on the list. | 这上面一个女性也没有 |
[11:18] | Like, not even Beyoncé. | 甚至没有碧昂丝 |
[11:20] | And she is for sure a genius. | 她可绝对是个天才 |
[11:22] | Genius? | 天才吗 |
[11:23] | Gen-ius, Ne-gro! | 绝对是天才啊 |
[11:25] | Okay. Beyoncé… hardworking? Yes. | 行吧 碧昂丝算是非常勤奋敬业 |
[11:27] | Bad as hell? 100%. | 性感吗 绝对的 |
[11:28] | Genius? Hmm. Hard no. | 是天才吗 绝对不是 |
[11:30] | She’s more of like a, uh… an entertainer than a genius. | 她更像是一个 什么呢 一个艺人而不是天才 |
[11:33] | I want to set you on fire right now. | 我现在想往你身上点一把火 |
[11:35] | Thank you, Ana. | 谢谢 Ana |
[11:36] | Because this is crazy. Aaron, you’re crazy. | 太扯了 这也太扯了 |
[11:39] | I am triggered right now that this dumbass has the cojones | 我现在很不爽 这个蠢蛋竟然敢说 |
[11:41] | to say that Beyoncé’s not a genius! | 碧昂丝不是个天才 |
[11:42] | And you have every right to be triggered. | 你太应该不爽了 |
[11:44] | You know why? Because how is it that a hardworking, | 为什么一个如此努力 刻苦 |
[11:47] | exhausted, talented young woman | 还极有天赋的年轻女性 |
[11:48] | is putting in all of these work hours | 为了工作不舍昼夜 |
[11:50] | and isn’t a genius, but her dude | 还不能被称作天才 而她的老公 |
[11:52] | with a porno mustache, can just breeze into class, | 蓄着好像成人片中的小胡子 很轻松地就被人认为很有风格 |
[11:55] | whip up some linen basketball shorts, | 穿一穿亚麻篮球短裤 |
[11:57] | and is called the second coming? | 就叫做复古潮流了吗 |
[11:59] | Hm? | 嗯 |
[12:00] | Wait, I’m confused. | 等等 我不是很懂 |
[12:01] | Is Jay rockin’ linen basketball shorts now? | Jay-Z现在开始穿亚麻篮球短裤了吗 |
[12:03] | What’s up with you and being so close to my body, bro? | 你为什么总是离我这么近 兄弟 |
[12:07] | – Oh. – It’s becoming a thing. | – 哦 – 已经养成习惯了 |
[12:08] | Oh! Okay. | 啊 好吧 |
[12:10] | I think I know what this is about. | 我应该知道是怎么回事了 |
[12:12] | Do you have a problem with me calling Luca a genius? | 你是不是对我说Luca是天才心存芥蒂 |
[12:14] | No. Not a problem. | 没有啊 不是这么回事 |
[12:17] | But if I’m being honest, | 但说实话 |
[12:19] | it did make me feel some type of way, okay? | 这确实让我有点特殊的感受 |
[12:20] | Like, amused? ‘Cause the thought | 比如 好笑吗 因为我一想到 |
[12:22] | of Luca being a genius is laughable. | Luca被称作天才 就觉得很搞笑 |
[12:25] | I mean, the guy posted a crop-top pic on IG today. | 这哥们今天还在照片墙上晒了自己的露脐装 |
[12:27] | You still follow me, though, so… | 但是你还在关注我 所以 |
[12:30] | Is this because you don’t think that your boyfriend’s a genius? | 难道是因为 你不觉得你的男朋友是个天才吗 |
[12:33] | No, it’s that you don’t think I’m one. | 不 是因为你不觉得我是天才 |
[12:37] | Oh, honey, no. | 别啊亲爱的 |
[12:40] | All in her feelings and | 她自视甚高 然而 |
[12:42] | her ass wasn’t even nominated for the award. | 根本没有人觉得她是天才 |
[12:44] | Hey, you know what? | 嘿 这样吧 |
[12:46] | Let’s go take a walk real quick. This energy is just a… | 我们去外面散个步吧 这里面的氛围有点 |
[12:49] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[12:52] | Later. | 回见 |
[12:54] | Zoey, what’s up? Talk to me real quick. | 怎么了 跟我聊聊吧 |
[12:56] | What’s going on? Why are you so upset? | 你怎么了 这么不开心 |
[12:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:59] | But when Nomi called you a genius, | 但是Nomi说你是天才的时候 |
[13:02] | it tapped into this… this weird insecurity of mine | 我就陷入了一种 不安全感 |
[13:05] | that I’m less-than or not good enough. | 害怕自己不够优秀 |
[13:09] | Why? That’s just one incredibly high woman’s opinion | 为什么 那只不过是一个嗑嗨了的女人 |
[13:12] | about one incredibly high man. | 对一个嗑嗨了的男人的评价 |
[13:13] | Sure. But it’s… it’s facts. | 是的 但她说的是事实 |
[13:15] | And, you know, for 19 years of my life, | 而且 在过去的19年里 |
[13:17] | my father’s been telling me, like, “Zoey, you’re the best. | 我爸爸总是对我说 “Zoey 你是最棒的” |
[13:20] | Zoey, you’re great at everything you do. | “Zoey 你做任何事情都很出色” |
[13:22] | Hey, Junior, move out of the way. | “嘿 Junior 让一下” |
[13:24] | I’m looking for your amazing sister.” | “我在找你超级优秀的姐姐” |
[13:25] | That was my life. | 我的生活都是这样的 |
[13:26] | Your dad wasn’t wrong. | 你爸爸没说错 |
[13:27] | But now I’m out of the house, | 但我现在离开了家 |
[13:29] | and it’s become abundantly clear that that’s not the case. | 越来越清楚地认识到 那不是事实 |
[13:32] | I’m not the best, and I don’t think I’ll… | 我不是最好的 而且我觉得 |
[13:35] | I’ll ever get to that place. | 我可能永远成不了最好的 |
[13:38] | But real talk… everything you do is just fire. | 但说实话 你做的每件事都太酷了 |
[13:42] | And I don’t know why my light has to dim yours. | 而且 为什么我的光芒一定会遮盖你的光芒呢 |
[13:46] | Because I used to be you. | 因为我曾经处在你的位置 |
[13:48] | I’m used to being the person everyone feels second best to, | 我习惯了做那个 比其他人更厉害的那个人 |
[13:52] | and now… shoe’s on the other foot. | 但现在 情况完全变了 |
[13:55] | Like… I don’t know. | 比如 我想想 |
[13:56] | Take today’s project, for example. | 就拿今天的专题作业来说吧 |
[13:59] | No matter how long I spent on it | 不管我花了多长时间 |
[14:00] | or how much detail I put into it, | 或者添上多少细节 |
[14:03] | you always manage to whip up something | 你总是动作飞快 |
[14:05] | in, like, five minutes that stunts on everything. | 五分钟就能打造出秀翻全场的作品 |
[14:07] | You really think it’s that easy? | 你真觉得就这么容易 |
[14:09] | For you, yeah. | 对你来说 确实啊 |
[14:11] | But, you know, I also think it’s amazing, | 但 我也承认你确实很棒 |
[14:14] | and I wish I could do it. | 我希望我也能做到 |
[14:18] | Mm-hmm. | 是吗 |
[14:20] | You know what? Let’s just stop talking about this. | 算了吧 我们别说这个了 |
[14:22] | Because I have humiliated myself enough, | 今天我已经够丢脸了 |
[14:25] | and I promise you, I am totally over it. | 我保证 我绝对不纠结了 |
[14:28] | Yeah. I’m good. I promise. | 对 我没事了 我保证 |
[14:30] | Now let’s just go catch this drop. | 我们回去接着追发布吧 |
[14:35] | Of course. Of course I’ve made us miss it. | 果然 果然我又害我们错过了 |
[14:38] | Of course I have. | 我真行 |
[14:49] | So, my once-promising night turned out to be a bust. | 所以 我本应美好的夜晚扫兴而终 |
[14:52] | Luca had gone home to smash his Noya leftovers, | Luca回去准备扫光剩下的吉野家料理 |
[14:56] | and after my humiliating meltdown, | 而在我崩溃出丑过后 |
[14:58] | I was the only one who hadn’t witnessed | 只有我一人没有见证 |
[15:00] | the drop of one of the greatest visuals | 我这一代最伟大的影片之一 |
[15:02] | of my generation. | 的发布现场 |
[15:06] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:08] | Oh, hey. | 你好呀 |
[15:09] | – You okay? – Yeah. | – 你还好吗 – 还行 |
[15:11] | Zo, you know that I didn’t mean, | Zo 你知道我不是说 |
[15:13] | like, Luca was better than you or anything, right? | Luca就高你一等或怎么样 对吧 |
[15:16] | Guys, I-I don’t think it’s about Luca | 我不是在意Luca |
[15:18] | being a more talented designer. | 是个更有才华的设计师 |
[15:20] | It’s about the talent itself. | 我就是在意才华本身 |
[15:22] | You know, I’ve been busting my ass in that class, | 我在班上忙到昏天黑地 |
[15:24] | and my stuff just… It isn’t good enough. | 但我的作品就是 就是不够好 |
[15:27] | Yeah, but we’re in college. | 对 但我们在大学里 |
[15:28] | Like, this is where you learn to be good enough. | 大学就是给你学到足够好的地方啊 |
[15:30] | Yeah. I-I think you’re being really hard on yourself. | 是啊 我觉得你对自己太苛刻了 |
[15:32] | – Yeah. – Dude, stop coddling her whiny ass. | – 对 – 姐妹 别可怜她那牢骚鬼了 |
[15:35] | Maybe she doesn’t have what it takes. | 说不定她就是没本事 |
[15:37] | Dude, what in the world is your problem now? | 姐妹 你到底什么毛病 |
[15:39] | My problem is you. | 我就是看不惯你 |
[15:41] | What if you just be honest | 你能不能有话直说 |
[15:42] | and say you’re still mad about the Doug stuff? | 你还因为Doug那档破事闹别扭 |
[15:44] | Duh. But you want to know what I’m mad about right now? | 废话 但你知道现在我生什么气吗 |
[15:46] | – What? – That you are so self-involved. | – 什么 – 你太把自己当回事了 |
[15:49] | Self-involved? | 把自己当回事 |
[15:50] | You’re the one who’s holding a grudge after two weeks. | 你才是那个仇记了两周的人 |
[15:53] | Is that not self-involved? | 那就不叫太把自己当回事吗 |
[15:54] | It is. But at least I own it. | 是 但起码我还自知 |
[15:56] | You’re going around whining to everyone | 你是跑到所有人跟前发牢骚 |
[15:58] | that your boyfriend got called a genius and you didn’t. | 说你男朋友被叫做天才而你没有 |
[16:00] | Who cares? You always make everything such a big deal. | 谁在乎啊 你总是这么小题大做 |
[16:04] | Right. Like the huge deal you made about | 是啊 就像你之前闹得可欢的 |
[16:06] | you and your boyfriend’s complicated-ass rules. | 你和你男友那鬼都搞不懂的规矩那样吗 |
[16:09] | This is not about me. | 这不是在说我 |
[16:10] | This is about you letting other people’s opinions | 是在说你让其他人的看法 |
[16:13] | dictate how you feel about yourself. | 支配了你对自己的感受 |
[16:15] | Because fashion is subjective! | 因为时尚是完全主观的 |
[16:18] | You know, it… | 你知道 它 |
[16:19] | People’s opinions are the only measurement I have. | 别人的看法就是我仅有的衡量标准 |
[16:21] | You run track. | 你是跑步的 |
[16:23] | You know, winning and losing is super clear. | 赢和输能分得清清楚楚 |
[16:26] | No one says, “Well,” | 没人会说 “好吧” |
[16:26] | “she won that race in my opinion,” | “反正我觉着是她赢了比赛” |
[16:28] | because you either did or… or you just didn’t. | 因为你要么就赢了 要么就没有 |
[16:31] | I don’t have that. | 我可没法这样 |
[16:32] | So I’m sorry if what people think matters to me. | 所以 很抱歉别人的看法对我很重要 |
[16:36] | Forget people. Do you think you’re talented? | 别管别人了 你觉得自己有才华吗 |
[16:38] | Do you think you’re a great designer? | 你觉得自己是个出色的设计师吗 |
[16:42] | I… | 我 |
[16:43] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不 我不知道 |
[16:44] | Then why the hell are you so worried | 那你到底为什么焦虑 |
[16:46] | about being called a genius? | 自己没有被称作天才 |
[16:48] | Because… | 因为 |
[16:49] | I… | 我 |
[16:51] | I-I guess, when Nomi didn’t think I was one, | 我猜 Nomi不认为我是个天才 |
[16:55] | it just confirmed the doubts I already had. | 证实了我早有的疑虑 |
[16:58] | You know, I-I thought I was gonna come to school | 你知道 我 我以为我能上上学 |
[17:00] | and love design, | 然后爱上设计 |
[17:02] | and be the same | 并且一如既往地做那个 |
[17:03] | “Amazing Zoey Johnson” Per uje, | “了不起的Zoey Johnson” |
[17:05] | but I’m not. | 但我不行 |
[17:07] | And I feel like it’s killing me. | 这个感觉快把我逼疯了 |
[17:09] | It’s just not clicking. You know? | 就是没法得心应手 你知道吗 |
[17:12] | And you can’t tell me that track doesn’t kill you sometimes. | 你不可能说跑道永远不会让你抓狂 |
[17:16] | It does, but I still love it | 确实会 但我还是热爱它 |
[17:20] | with every piece of my being. | 全心全意地爱 |
[17:22] | And if I didn’t feel that way, I’d be out. | 假如我不那么想 早被淘汰了 |
[17:30] | – Oh, um, I… – That was cr-crazy, the way that that… | – 我 – 刚刚太神了 那个 |
[17:32] | *I don’t expect you to understand* | *我不指望你理解* |
[17:38] | *You can’t imagine how I’m feeling* | *你无法想象我的感受* |
[17:45] | *I can’t admit it to myself* | *我无法对自己承认* |
[17:47] | So that night, I went to the lab | 所以那天晚上 我去到工作室 |
[17:49] | with a lot on my mind. | 心事有些繁重 |
[17:51] | *So where would I even begin?* | *该从哪说起呢* |
[17:56] | Jazz’s words, Luca’s genius, | Jazz的话 Luca的才华 |
[17:58] | and a dress to finish. | 还有待完工的衣服 |
[18:00] | *’Cause I’m a proud woman* | *因为我是个自尊心很强的女性* |
[18:04] | It was the hardest I’d ever worked. | 我从来没有这么拼命 |
[18:06] | *I must be proud, woman* | *我的内心必须强大* |
[18:12] | *And I am strong* | *我会坚强* |
[18:14] | And, honestly, I think my dress | 但老实说 我觉得最后的成品 |
[18:16] | turned out pretty good. | 还挺不错的 |
[18:18] | *I must be strong* | *我必须要坚强* |
[18:19] | But the thing I realized was, | 但我意识到了一点 |
[18:21] | designing from scratch was something | 我原以为亲自动手设计 |
[18:23] | I thought I wanted to do my whole life. | 会是我愿意倾尽一生去做的事情 |
[18:26] | But what it really was | 但实际上 |
[18:27] | was something I never wanted to do ever again. | 我都不想再触碰这个东西了 |
[18:30] | *So it would kill me to say it out loud* | *所以我万般不愿说出口* |
[18:34] | So it was back to the drawing board. | 所以一切又被打回起点 |
[18:37] | And when I find that thing that inspired Luca | 而当我找到是什么激励着Luca |
[18:39] | to keep designing… | 让他坚持设计 |
[18:42] | *So if you don’t mind* | *因此要是你不介意* |
[18:43] | …that inspired Jazz | 是什么激励着Jazz |
[18:44] | …to keep running | 让她坚持奔跑 |
[18:44] | *I’ll leave it for now* | *就暂且搁下吧* |
[18:46] | and inspired this genius | 又是什么激励着那个天才 |
[18:48] | to keep stopping the world… | 让世界都为之驻足 |
[18:50] | And if I find that thing, | 而当我找到了答案 |
[18:52] | I knew I’d have found my own genius. | 我就能知道自己的价值所在 |
[18:55] | *I must be proud, woman* | *我的内心必须强大* |
[19:01] | *’Cause I am strong, a woman* | *因为我是一个坚强的女性* |
[19:09] | – All right, ready? Mnh-mnh. – Yes. Stop, stop. | – 准备好了吗 – 好了 得了 得了 |
[19:12] | Stop. | 别闹 |
[19:14] | You got it all over your lips. | 你弄得满嘴都是 |
[19:16] | – You’re good. – You’re spreading it. | – 真行 – 你越擦越脏 |
[19:18] | Now… | 来了 |
[19:19] | Oh, yay. | 太好了 |
[19:25] | Wow. This is so good. | 这太棒了吧 |
[19:27] | I know. The secret’s all in the Noya sauce. | 是吧 秘诀就在吉野家的酱 |
[19:32] | *Tick, boom* | *嘀 爆炸* |
[19:33] | *Mi nuh really care wo mi bump into* | *我不在乎冲撞谁* |
[19:35] | *Bull dozer, mek room* | *推土机 开路* |
[19:37] | *Write dat pon fi mi tomb* | *把它刻上坟墓* |
[19:39] | *Don’t care if they assume* | *管他们怎么想* |
[19:40] | *Only stop to collect, then I resume* | *只是停下收割战果 我继续上路* |
[19:42] | *You sleep, I goon* | *你睡大觉 我搏命* |
[19:44] | *You nuh wanna test who’s badder than who* | *你想试试谁干得过谁* |
[19:46] | *Dey click my pics and zoom* | *他们点击放大我的照片* |
[19:47] | *Chanel on the floor of my hotel room* | *香奈儿堆在我酒店房间的地板上* |
[19:49] | *They wish they all had my Legroom* | *他们做梦想要这么宽敞的空间* |
[19:51] | *Another deal and it ain’t even noon* | *又接下一单 这还没中午呢* |
[19:53] | *Tour Dior or sit by the pool* | *逛迪奥 或是呆坐在泳池旁* |
[19:55] | *I can do anything except lose* | *我干什么也不能输* |
[19:57] | *Nah wen yuh say, it’s when I choose* | *没到你说话 让我选择* |
[19:59] | *This is a bomb you can’t defuse* | *这颗炸弹你可拆不了* |
[20:00] | *Tick, boom* | *嘀 爆炸* |
[20:02] | *Mi nuh really care wo mi bump into* | *我不在乎冲撞谁* |
[20:04] | *Bull dozer, mek room* | *推土机 开路* |
[20:06] | *Write dat pon fi mi tomb* | *把它刻上坟墓* |
[20:07] | *Tick, boom* | *嘀 爆炸* |
[20:09] | *Mi nuh really care wo mi bump into* | *我不在乎冲撞谁* |
[20:11] | *Bull dozer, mek room* | *推土机 开路* |
[20:13] | *Write dat pon fi mi tomb* | *把它刻上坟墓* |
[20:15] | *Televise this dress* | *电视播这件衣服* |
[20:16] | *It’s an Alaia, show some respect* | *这可是阿莱亚 放尊重点* |
[20:18] | *Sitting, no arm rest* | *坐着 没有扶手* |
[20:19] | *Get in, I’m what’s next* | *进来 未来在我手中* |
[20:21] | *Incoming text from the vets* | *收到演出场所的的短信* |
[20:23] | *No hate here, I’m blessed* | *了无仇恨 我真幸运* |
[20:25] | *Mild-mannered, no stress* | *温和平静 没压力* |
[20:26] | *I’ll never let a broke ho get she vexed* | *我穷但从不气恼* |
[20:28] | *Too wake to walk with Di rest* | *太清醒 没法随大流* |
[20:30] | *Abstract, fearless* | *抽象 无畏* |
[20:32] | *Mi sey what’s pon my chest* | *我要直抒内心所想* |
[20:33] | *Di gyal Dem try, but Dem dare nuh test* | *别人倒是想 但他们不敢比试* |
[20:36] | *Tick, boom* | *嘀 爆炸* |
[20:37] | *Mi nuh really care wo mi bump into* | *我不在乎冲撞谁* |
[20:39] | *All in ya face like whoa* | *服不服气* |
[20:41] | *Air Max, cornrows* | *Air Max鞋 玉米辫* |
[20:42] | *Got that Bruce Leroy kinda glow* | *带着Bruce Leroy的范* |
[20:43] | *Mi ongle pop mi head Inna fi Di dough* | *我只为钱卖命* |
[20:45] | *Said I only pop my head in for the dough* | *我说我只为钱卖命* |
[20:47] | *I never stay long, got places to go* | *我从不久留 一直奔波* |
[20:49] | *See me on the scene, bitch say hello…* | *见我出人头地 快问好* |