时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Historically, American colleges and universities | 从历史角度来看 美国的学院和高校 |
[00:05] | have been hotbeds of social change | 一直以来都是社会变革 |
[00:07] | and grassroots political movements. | 和基层政治运动的温床 |
[00:09] | In recent years, college students | 近几年来 大学生 |
[00:11] | challenged the status quo more than ever, | 比以往更加质疑现状 |
[00:14] | protesting everything from student loan debt | 反对一切包括学生贷款债务 |
[00:17] | to sexual assault to police brutality. | 性侵犯和警察暴力执法 |
[00:20] | And for Aaron, who waited his entire college career | 对于Aaron来说 整个大学生涯都等着 |
[00:23] | to lead his own political movement… | 去领导自己的政治运动 |
[00:25] | This one’s “Black Lives Matter,” I got “I Can’t Breathe,” | 这个是”黑人的命也是命” 这个是”我不能呼吸” |
[00:28] | “Michelle 2020.” | “米歇尔2020” |
[00:29] | …the time had finally come. | 这个时刻终于到来了 |
[00:31] | Turn around, put your hands behind your back. | 转过去 把你的双手放在背后 |
[00:33] | He recently learned about Cal U’s investment | 他最近得知了加大对 |
[00:36] | of the school’s endowment in private prisons | 私人监狱的投资 |
[00:38] | and was arrested while protesting on campus. | 并在校园中进行抗议时被逮捕 |
[00:40] | Aaron Jackson抗议加大投资私人监狱 挺住 Aaron! #马上撤资 #挺住 | |
[00:58] | What up? What up? | 怎么样 怎么样 |
[00:59] | Babe, you’re home. | 宝贝 你终于回来了 |
[01:00] | I was so worried about you. | 我真的好担心你 |
[01:01] | Bro, I was just about to put some money on your books, man. | 老兄 我都准备给你捎点钱进去了 |
[01:04] | Man, will you stop? | 老兄 能别说了吗 |
[01:05] | They just held me in campus security for a few hours. | 他们只是让我在校警处待了几个小时 |
[01:07] | Did you see how much your arrest video blew up? | 你知道你被逮捕的视频点击量有多高吗 |
[01:08] | #RattailRevolution is trending hard. | #鼠尾革命正成为一种热潮 |
[01:11] | I’m sure it will all calm down by tomorrow. | 我确定到明天一切都会恢复平静 |
[01:13] | No, it won’t. Because Angela Rye just DM’d me an hour ago. | 不 不会的 因为Angela Rye一个小时前给我发了私信 |
[01:16] | She wants to interview you. | 她想采访你 |
[01:17] | Hey, G. | 嘿 兄弟 |
[01:19] | So now that Aaron finally had the political spotlight, | Aaron终于在政治问题上成为了公众关注的焦点 |
[01:22] | the question became, what was he gonna do with his platform? | 现在的问题是 他该如何利用现在这个机会 |
[02:02] | While Aaron spent the next few days | 当Aaron用接下来的几天 |
[02:04] | gearing up for his national interview, | 为这场全国性采访做准备时 |
[02:06] | I was winding down and enjoying a couple of free days | 我正放松享受最后几天的空闲时间 |
[02:09] | before I had to return | 在这之后我又要回归 |
[02:10] | to the whirlwind of “Hurricane Joey Bada$$.” | 围着Joey Bada$$团团转的工作中去了 |
[02:13] | – Hey. – Hey! | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[02:15] | Are you coming to Hawkins to watch Aaron’s interview? | 你要来霍金斯大厅看Aaron的采访吗 |
[02:17] | Oh, no. | 哦 不了 |
[02:18] | I figured I’d watch it here. | 我觉得我在这里看就好了 |
[02:20] | – Cool. See ya. – Hmm. | – 挺好 拜拜 – 嗯 |
[02:22] | Oh, you know, it’s just that we had that weird situation | 哦 你们知道的 因为我们之前那事太尴尬了 |
[02:25] | where I embarrassed myself by telling him how I felt, | 我告诉他我的真实感受 发现小丑竟是我自己 |
[02:28] | and then he embarrassed himself | 然后他告诉我他有女朋友了 |
[02:29] | by telling me he had a girl. | 发现小丑竟是他自己 |
[02:31] | The whole thing was terribly, equally embarrassing. | 整件事就是一个大写的 同样的尴尬 |
[02:34] | Sounds right. | 确实 |
[02:34] | You embarrass yourself all the time. | 你总是使自己尴尬 |
[02:36] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[02:38] | W… It’s just that I feel like | 只是我想 |
[02:40] | it may be best if I stay here. | 我最好还是待在这 |
[02:42] | I don’t want to be in Hawkins, | 我不想在霍金斯大厅 |
[02:43] | sitting there all awkward. | 尴尬地坐在那 |
[02:45] | But this is a huge deal for Aaron. | 但这对Aaron来说是一件大事 |
[02:47] | I’m sure he could use his friends’ support. | 我很确定他需要朋友的支持 |
[02:49] | It’s not like you were there for him when he needed a job. | 这又不像他需要一个工作时 你在他身边支持他 |
[02:51] | But in your defense, you were, uh, | 但是站在你的角度上 你正在 呃 |
[02:53] | prepping for that big photo shoot… | 为大片拍摄提前做准备 |
[02:56] | that you didn’t even go to. | 但是你还没去呢 |
[02:58] | Damn, being nice is so hard. | 妈的 保持友好可真难 |
[03:00] | Rodney’s been giving her some feedback on her bedside manner, | Rodney一直在对她对病人的态度做出反馈 |
[03:02] | and now she’s working on being more human for him. | 现在她为了他尝试变得更有人情味 |
[03:05] | Apparently, he didn’t like it | 很明显 他并不喜欢 |
[03:06] | when he said “I love you” And I said “Bet.” | 当他说”我爱你”时 我说”那当然” |
[03:09] | Look, Doug and I are on weird terms right now, too, | 你看 Doug和我也正处于尴尬的时期中 |
[03:11] | but I’m gonna put my big girl panties on, | 但我还是会停止自己孩子气的行为 |
[03:14] | go to Hawkins anyway, and you should, too. | 无论如何都会去霍金斯大厅 你也应该这么做 |
[03:17] | Okay? Bye! | 可以吗 拜 |
[03:21] | I cannot believe Aaron | 我不敢相信Aaron |
[03:23] | is doing a televised political interview | 会赶在我之前接受一场电视转播的 |
[03:25] | before I ever do one. | 政治采访 |
[03:27] | I cannot believe that we’re actually here, | 我不敢相信我们竟然到这来 |
[03:28] | – supporting this guy. – Wha… | – 支持这个家伙 – 什 |
[03:30] | I mean, I support the cause. | 我是说 我支持这件事 |
[03:32] | I just… The dude was kind of a dick to you | 我只是 那家伙对你就是个混蛋 |
[03:33] | when we met with him about the auditorium. | 在我们和他租礼堂时 |
[03:35] | Republican pep rally inside the auditorium. | 礼堂里开共和党动员大会 |
[03:38] | Uh, we’ll just have to make sure that our sprinklers | 我只要确保我们的洒水器 |
[03:39] | are high-functioning for all those tiki torches. | 能快速浇灭那些提基火炬就好 |
[03:42] | Oh. Well, t-that’s just our dynamic. | 哦 这只是我们相处的方式 |
[03:45] | You know, it’s… it’s a… it’s complicated. | 你懂的 这 这 这很复杂 |
[03:47] | But, no, I promise you’ll like him once you get to know him, | 但是我向你保证 你要是了解他了 你会喜欢他的 |
[03:50] | or at least find him mildly tolerable. | 至少会觉得他还是说得过去的 |
[03:52] | Reassuring. | 那还不错 |
[03:59] | How they treated Aaron was so foul. | 他们对待Aaron的方式真的很恶劣 |
[04:01] | They just didn’t want to hear a Black man | 他们只是不想听到一个黑人 |
[04:02] | challenge their racist-ass investment policies. | 去质疑他们带种族主义色彩的投资政策 |
[04:04] | They never would have treated a White student like that. | 他们绝对不会那样去对待一个白人学生 |
[04:07] | The cops caught our mom’s one White friend, Nancy, | 警察抓过我妈妈的一个白人朋友Nancy |
[04:09] | starting a garbage fire once, and all they did was tase her. | 她点燃了垃圾 但是他们只是用电击枪攻击了她 |
[04:12] | And on the lightest setting. | 并且是最低挡位的电击 |
[04:13] | White Nancy got hit harder | Nancy脱毛时的 |
[04:15] | by the laser from her hair removal. | 激光都比这强 |
[04:17] | Okay, wait. | 好的 等等 |
[04:18] | You guys, this is perfect for the documentary. | 你们说的事非常适合放进纪录片 |
[04:19] | Can you just repeat some of the stuff you just said? | 你们可以重复一下你们刚刚说的话吗 |
[04:22] | Sure! We think this is an unfortunate disagreement | 当然 我们认为这很不幸 |
[04:24] | between the administration and the students. | 学校管理处和学生之间产生了分歧 |
[04:26] | We understand that the BSU has filed paperwork | 我们了解到黑人学生会正在提交文书 |
[04:29] | requesting that the administration divest. | 要求管理处撤资 |
[04:31] | We hope they can reach a quick resolution. | 我们希望问题可以被尽快解决 |
[04:35] | Uh, okay. | 呃 好吧 |
[04:36] | Can we just maybe try and dig in a little deeper? | 我们可以尝试挖掘得更深一点吗 |
[04:39] | So as Black students, do you have any personal feelings | 作为黑人学生 你们对于朋友Aaron |
[04:42] | about your friend Aaron being involved in the conflict? | 被卷入的冲突事件有什么个人的看法 |
[04:44] | I’m quite sure all Cal U students | 我很确定加大所有的学生 |
[04:47] | hope this matter gets resolved swiftly. | 都希望这件事被尽快解决 |
[04:49] | We sure do. | 确实 |
[04:50] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[04:52] | So, I decided to set aside my ego | 我决定先放把自己的自尊心放到一边 |
[04:55] | and join everyone. | 加入大家 |
[04:56] | Watching alone while picking off my nail polish | 独自一人边看边扣掉自己的指甲油 |
[04:59] | could have never compared | 无论如何都比不过 |
[04:59] | to this communal display of support. | 这样公开表示支持 |
[05:02] | Guys, it’s time. | 到时间了 大家 |
[05:04] | Hey, hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿 嘿 |
[05:06] | Everybody shut up so we can hear my best friend. | 所有人安静聆听我最好的朋友说话 |
[05:08] | We go way back. | 我们是老相识了 |
[05:09] | Welcome back to “Pressure Points” | 欢迎回到”今日焦点” |
[05:10] | I’m Angela Rye. | 我是Angela Rye |
[05:11] | And joining me today is Aaron Jackson, | 今天的嘉宾是Aaron Jackson |
[05:15] | a student from California University | 加州大学的一名学生 |
[05:17] | who was recently detained after protesting | 前段时间因为反对 |
[05:23] | Tell us about the events | 跟我们讲讲这件导致 |
[05:24] | leading up to your detainment. | 你被拘留的事件吧 |
[05:26] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[05:27] | Uh, well, I’ve recently made the disturbing discovery | 嗯 我在最近发现了 |
[05:29] | that a portion of Cal U’s endowment | 一部分加大的资金 |
[05:31] | was being invested in private prisons, | 被用来投资私人监狱 这令我很不安 |
[05:32] | which is particularly disturbing to students of color, | 这特别引起了有色人种学生的恐慌 |
[05:35] | considering the disproportionate incarceration rate | 鉴于这个国家有色人种的 |
[05:37] | of minorities in this country. | 高入狱率 |
[05:39] | And as you know, Angela, | 就像你们知道的 Angela |
[05:40] | Black people make up 35% of the prison population, | 黑人占了入狱人数的35% |
[05:43] | yet only 13.2% of the national population. | 但只占全国人口的13.2% |
[05:47] | So, essentially, Cal U is using our tuition dollars | 所以本质上 加大正利用我们的学费 |
[05:50] | to enable the mass incarceration | 确保我们黑人群体的 |
[05:52] | of our Black brothers and sisters. | 高入狱率 |
[05:53] | Nice. | 说得好 |
[05:56] | My man! | 哇哦 |
[05:57] | On his Marcus Garvey! | 他就像Marcus Garvey |
[05:59] | I’m actually planning a huge demonstration as we speak. | 其实我正在策划一场示威游行 |
[06:01] | We’re gonna protest not only the school’s investment policies, | 我们不仅将会抗议学校的投资政策 |
[06:05] | but all other injustices. | 还会抗议所有的不公 |
[06:06] | I’m talking about predatory student loan debt, | 我是指压榨黑人的学生贷款 |
[06:09] | as well as the lack of resources for Black mental health | 和对黑人精神健康的忽略 |
[06:12] | and Cal U’s eradication of the black boards | 以及加大试图根除黑人理事会 |
[06:15] | in favor of their “White boards only” policy. | 为支持他们白人理事的政策 |
[06:19] | Huh? | 嗯 |
[06:20] | Wait. Is that a real thing? | 等等 那是真的吗 |
[06:21] | Oh, yeah. I don’t think anything gets realer than that, Angie-Ange. | 哦 是的 没有比这更真的事了 Angie-Ange |
[06:26] | I thought he had moved past the whole white board thing. | 我以为他已经不在意白人理事会那件事了 |
[06:28] | I mean, you can’t hit them all out the park, right? | 毕竟不可能每件事都绝对完美 对吧 |
[06:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:31] | As we continued watching, | 我们继续看下去 |
[06:33] | Aaron went from being polished and prepared | Aaron的表现渐渐从条理清晰 准备充足 |
[06:36] | to being neither. | 变成不知所云 |
[06:38] | And why isn’t anyone talking about | 而且为什么都没有人关心 |
[06:40] | the food deserts in these inner cities? | 城中区的食物沙漠呢 |
[06:41] | Happy birthday, Grandma! She’s a retired teacher. | 生日快乐 奶奶 她是个退休教师 |
[06:44] | Speaking of which, are we gonna talk about | 说到这个 我们要不要谈谈 |
[06:46] | the state of public education in this country? | 这个国家的公共教育 |
[06:48] | Is anyone gonna do it? | 有人会说出来吗 |
[06:49] | Nope? Well, I just did. | 没有 好的 我刚刚提过了 |
[06:51] | “Pressure Points.” | “今日焦点” |
[06:52] | If you ask me, I-I-I think that there’s a… | 如果你问我的想法 我想说 |
[06:54] | Well, honestly, I didn’t. | 事实上 我没问 |
[06:56] | And, unfortunately, we are now out of time. | 很遗憾 我们的时间到了 |
[06:58] | – Are you sure? – So… Yeah. I’m positive. | – 你确定吗 – 是的 我很确定 |
[07:00] | Thank you so much for joining us today. | 感谢你今天的到来 |
[07:02] | I mean, Aaron and I are cool, but Doug and I are best friends. | 我是说 Aaron和我关系是不错 但Doug是我最好的朋友 |
[07:07] | We… We are not. | 我 我们不是 |
[07:14] | Even though he’d always pictured his first big moment | 尽管他会永远记得自己发迹的光辉日子 |
[07:18] | as an activist in the spotlight differently, | 也就是作为激进人士接受采访 |
[07:21] | a small part of Aaron held out hope | 但Aaron心里还是希望 |
[07:23] | that no one else thought he performed as poorly as, | 其他人不觉得自己的表现很丢人 |
[07:26] | deep down, he knew he did. | 反正在他心里 是丢人丢到家了 |
[07:29] | – Hey, yeah! Alright, man! – Yeah! My boy! | – 干得漂亮 兄弟 – 太棒了 哥们 |
[07:32] | These were the faces of a bunch of people | 这就是一群人准备着 |
[07:34] | about to lie to their friend. | 对朋友撒谎的嘴脸 |
[07:36] | Whoo! Dude, that was, uh, sick! | 你太牛逼了 哥们 |
[07:38] | Yo, my G! You bodied it. | 好兄弟 你绝对拿下了 |
[07:40] | Really? You guys think I did okay? | 真的吗 你们真的觉得我表现还行吗 |
[07:41] | – Yes. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | – 那当然 – 对 对 对 |
[07:42] | – Sick. – Your diction was excellent. | – 谢谢你们 – 你的遣词非常用心 |
[07:44] | Posture was next level. | 姿态落落大方 |
[07:46] | I unfollowed you. | 老娘把你取关了 |
[07:50] | I think I could use a drink. | 我得来上一杯 |
[07:53] | Okay, it doesn’t matter | 没关系 |
[07:54] | how awkward things are between Aaron and I, | 虽然Aaron和我之间有点小尴尬 |
[07:57] | because right now, he needs a friend. | 但他现在需要朋友的支持 |
[07:58] | And you know what a friend would do? | 一个合格的朋友会怎么做呢 |
[08:00] | Go over there, smile, and focus on the good. | 会去给他一个微笑 提醒他事情积极的一面 |
[08:03] | And that is exactly what I’m gonna do. | 我就打算这么做 |
[08:08] | Hey. Don’t listen to any of the noise, babe. | 别听那些闲言碎语了 亲爱的 |
[08:11] | It was only your first time. Alright? | 毕竟是你第一次上节目 不是吗 |
[08:13] | You’re only gonna get better. | 下次一定会更好的 |
[08:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[08:18] | You know what? | 还是算了 |
[08:19] | I can congratulate him some other time. | 我下次再来祝贺他也可以 |
[08:23] | Okay. So, we should figure out | 不错 等我们下次确定了 |
[08:25] | when Aaron’s demonstration is | Aaron的抗议活动的具体日期 |
[08:26] | so I can get some footage of you two there. | 我就可以来给你俩拍些录像了 |
[08:28] | Oh, we’re not going to that. | 我们不会去参加的 |
[08:29] | But don’t you want to go and show your support? | 你们不想去给他加油打气吗 |
[08:32] | I mean, obviously, you two have very specific opinions about the issue. | 你们显然对这件事有很多独到的见解 |
[08:36] | And we also have very specific goals, | 但我们也有明确的人生目标 |
[08:38] | like keeping our scholarships, | 比如不要丢掉奖学金之类的 |
[08:40] | which we are not gonna risk | 我们可不打算去冒险 |
[08:41] | by demonstrating against the administration. | 跟管理处对着干 |
[08:44] | But you have such great platforms | 但现在有这么好的平台 |
[08:46] | that you could possibly use to effect change. | 你们可以借着它来促成一些改变啊 |
[08:48] | We didn’t sign up to effect change. | 我们可不打算推动改变 |
[08:50] | We signed up to be athletes. | 我们只想好好当运动员 |
[08:52] | Yeah. We’re not activists. | 没错 我们不想做激进派 |
[08:53] | But you could be. | 但你们可以做到啊 |
[08:55] | I mean, look at Billie Jean King or Muhammad Ali. | 想想比利·简·金和拳王阿里吧 |
[08:59] | Their legacies go beyond sports. | 他们的名声可不限于体育圈 |
[09:02] | Do you want to go down in history | 你们希望将来被历史铭记时 |
[09:03] | as two women that ran fast | 仅仅是两个跑得快的女性 |
[09:05] | or two women that ran fast | 还是不仅仅能够跑得快 |
[09:06] | and used their platform to make a difference? | 还能运用自己的能力促成变革的女性呢 |
[09:16] | So, you really shit the bed earlier, huh? | 你之前真是惨不忍睹啊 |
[09:19] | Okay, you got that one off. | 你还挺高兴的 是不是 |
[09:22] | Yep. | 那可不 |
[09:24] | Here. | 来一口吧 |
[09:24] | Wow. | 天呐 |
[09:26] | You might be the only right-wing | 你可能是我认识的唯一一个 |
[09:27] | Republican Christian weed smoker I know. | 吸大麻的右翼共和党基督徒了 |
[09:30] | Even believe in climate change. | 而且我还相信气候变化呢 |
[09:32] | Don’t tell Ana. | 别告诉Ana |
[09:34] | Seriously, you raised some good points | 说真的 你在采访的时候 |
[09:35] | in that interview, man. | 有些东西说到点子上了 |
[09:37] | You were just all over the place. | 只是后来有点口不择言了 |
[09:39] | Yeah, I guess I panicked a little bit. | 是啊 我可能是稍微有点紧张 |
[09:43] | I just wanted to get the message out about all the issues | 我只是想把关注的事情都说出来 |
[09:46] | I’ve worked so hard on over the years, | 我关注了那么多年 |
[09:49] | cover as much as possible, you know? | 就是想多讲几件事 你明白吗 |
[09:50] | I do know. | 我还真的明白 |
[09:52] | Actually, I used to be the same way. | 其实我以前也是这样 |
[09:54] | I used to try to tackle everything. | 我想要解决所有问题 |
[09:56] | I didn’t start getting results | 但这样一直收效甚微 |
[09:57] | till I learned to focus my message. | 直到我学着有针对性地发言才好点 |
[10:01] | How’d you do that? | 你是怎么做的 |
[10:02] | I worked backwards. | 我反过来思考了一下 |
[10:04] | I thought about the outcome I wanted. | 我考虑了自己想要的结果 |
[10:06] | Then I realized you can’t just complain. | 然后才发觉光抱怨是没用的 |
[10:08] | You have to have solutions. | 你必须提出个解决方案 |
[10:11] | Then the message comes easily. | 之后说起话来自然就通顺了 |
[10:17] | There you are. | 你在这儿啊 |
[10:20] | Smoking with Aaron, ’cause why wouldn’t you be? | 和Aaron一块抽大麻 一点都不奇怪 |
[10:23] | – Alright, man. – Handle that. | – 回见了 哥们 – 挺住兄弟 |
[10:25] | – Good luck out there. – Yep. | – 祝你好运了 – 谢谢 |
[10:28] | What has happened to our world? | 这个世界是怎么了 |
[10:29] | I can’t even speak to Aaron on his big day. | 在Aaron的大日子上我都不能和他讲话 |
[10:31] | Everything just feels so weird. | 做什么都感觉不自在 |
[10:33] | I know. It was really strange | 我懂 这感觉真的很怪 |
[10:34] | being in the same place as Doug | 和Doug同处一室 |
[10:36] | and not getting to laugh or joke with him. | 却不能跟他一块开怀大笑 逗闷子 |
[10:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:39] | Guess this is our new normal? | 也许以后这就是常态了吗 |
[10:40] | – Yeah. – Hey. | – 大概吧 – 我回来了 |
[10:43] | – Hey. – What’s wrong? | – 你好 – 怎么了 |
[10:44] | Church was closed? | 教堂关门啦 |
[10:45] | No. | 不是 |
[10:47] | It’s just a little Aaron/Javi thing | 只是些和Aaron还有Javi有关的事 |
[10:49] | I’m trying to figure out. | 我得理清楚 |
[10:50] | And I want to be sensitive | 但我不想太没眼力见 |
[10:51] | to what Zoey’s going through with Aaron. | 毕竟Zoey跟Aaron之间挺尴尬的 |
[10:53] | Oh, be as insensitive as you want, | 用不着什么眼力见了 |
[10:55] | because there is nothing happening between me and Aaron. | 因为我们之间啥事都没有 |
[10:58] | We are completely friend-zoned. | 现在我们间是纯洁的友谊 |
[11:00] | So are we. | 我跟他也是啊 |
[11:01] | And it seems like Aaron and Javi are friend-zoned, too, | 只不过现在Aaron和Javi好像也擦出点友谊的火花了 |
[11:05] | and I’m wondering if I have to tell Javi | 所以现在我不知道是不是该告诉Javi |
[11:08] | about the intersection of our, you know, zones. | 我和Aaron间的 你们懂的 火花 |
[11:12] | You mean like how Aaron used to be all up in them guts? | 你是说Aaron跟你做活塞运动的火花吗 |
[11:14] | Ooh, wow! | 哇 太辣耳朵了 |
[11:15] | I’m actually gonna tap out of this conversation. | 我不打算陪你们继续聊了 |
[11:17] | I appreciate your sensitivity, though. | 但我很感谢你体恤我的想法 |
[11:20] | Sky… not yours. | Sky则是一点不体贴 |
[11:22] | Okay, guys, seriously, does he deserve to know? | 说真的姐妹们 我要告诉他吗 |
[11:25] | Yes! Unless you want him looking stupid | 当然了 不然你要看他像个傻子一样 |
[11:28] | out here in these streets. | 对整件事一无所知吗 |
[11:29] | If you were interacting with some girl that he messed with, | 你要是和他搞过的女生做朋友的话 |
[11:31] | wouldn’t you want to know? | 你难道不想知道吗 |
[11:32] | – Absolutely. – Okay. | – 肯定想啊 – 那不得了 |
[11:33] | That is because Ana is a crazy stalker, okay? | 但是Ana是个变态跟踪狂 好吗 |
[11:36] | We are talking about Javi here. | 我们现在在讨论的是Javi |
[11:38] | Most guys would rather stay in the dark | 大多数男人都不愿意知道 |
[11:40] | when it comes to who has blown their girl’s back out. | 自己的女朋友被人干上天的事情吧 |
[11:43] | What is that sweet-faced Rodney doing to you? | 那个人畜无害的Rodney到底对你做了什么 |
[11:47] | Excuse you? | 不好意思 |
[11:48] | That’s personal. | 那是个人隐私好吗 |
[11:52] | The next morning, I was getting ready to go shop for Joey | 第二天早上 我准备给Joey买衣服 |
[11:56] | and feeling more at peace | 也慢慢接受了 |
[11:57] | with the new normal between me and Aaron. | 我和Aaron间相安无事的新状态 |
[12:01] | Whoa! | 天啊 |
[12:03] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:05] | Zoey, I need you. | Zoey 我需要你 |
[12:13] | – So, what can I do you for? – Zoey, come on. | – 我能帮你做些什么 – Zoey 别这样 |
[12:16] | You don’t have to be a weirdo around me, okay? | 你在我面前没必要畏手畏脚的 好吗 |
[12:18] | And by the way, I saw you leave | 说起来 我昨天看到你离开了 |
[12:20] | without speaking to me yesterday. | 连招呼都没跟我打一下 |
[12:21] | – Was I that bad? – No. G… | – 我表现真的那么差吗 – 不是的 天 |
[12:23] | No, no, not at all. | 没有 你表现得一点也不差 |
[12:24] | It’s just, like, you were obviously upset, | 只不过 你看上去非常沮丧 |
[12:25] | and I didn’t feel like it was my place to check on you. | 但是我觉得轮不到我去嘘寒问暖 |
[12:28] | Checking on me isn’t your place? | 什么叫轮不到你 |
[12:30] | Are we not cool? | 我们关系有那么远吗 |
[12:31] | Of course we are. | 当然不是 |
[12:32] | Uh, matter of fact, why don’t you come in? | 等等 要不你先进来 |
[12:34] | Please come in. | 进来说吧 |
[12:37] | So, how are you doing with everything? | 所以 你过得怎么样啊 |
[12:40] | And not just the interview, | 不只是上节目的事 |
[12:41] | – but the arrest, all that? – Yeah. | – 还有被逮捕 之类的 – 好吧 |
[12:43] | Uh, well, if I’m being honest, | 如果真要我讲的话 |
[12:46] | it was a little rough. | 我过得不太好 |
[12:47] | – I’m so sorry that happened to you. – Yeah. | – 很抱歉你遇到这些事 – 我知道 |
[12:49] | But, look, I-I can’t afford to focus on that right now. | 不过眼下我顾不上它们 |
[12:51] | Right now I need to funnel my anger into the cause. | 现在我得集中火力 把害我被捕的那件事做完 |
[12:54] | And that’s where you come in. | 所以我需要你的帮助 |
[12:56] | – Okay. – Yes. | – 好吧 – 太好了 |
[12:57] | So, do you remember the conversation that we had | 你还记不记得我们之前聊到过的 |
[12:59] | about fashion for a purpose | 时尚行业的目的 |
[13:00] | when you were trying to figure out your major? | 那会你正发愁大学专业的事 |
[13:02] | Mm. You mean the one where you made fun of me | 嗯 你是说你嘲笑了我的那次 |
[13:04] | for saying fashion isn’t political? | 还说时尚和政治是不沾边的 |
[13:06] | Correct. But then you started talking | 就是那次 但后来你又给我讲了 |
[13:08] | about the Suffragettes, the Black Panthers, | 妇女参政论者 还有黑豹党的例子 |
[13:10] | and how fashion unified their movement. | 还有时尚如何促进了他们革命运动的凝聚力 |
[13:12] | And I feel like that’s what I need right now. | 我觉得我现在就需要这种助力 |
[13:14] | I need something that people can wear that… | 我想要些人们能穿在身上的 |
[13:15] | that unifies them, but also sends a clear message. | 既能让大家凝聚在一起 又具有表达力的东西 |
[13:19] | Wow. God, I love that. | 听上去太棒了 |
[13:20] | You know I’m your girl! | 那我就是你的人了 |
[13:22] | I mean, you know, not your girl girl, | 我是说 不是你的人 |
[13:23] | ’cause, obviously, you have a girl. | 很明显嘛 你现在已经有人了 |
[13:24] | She’s really great. Uh, whatever. Never mind. | 她人很不错 大概吧 不管了 |
[13:27] | Uh, I am… I’m so in. | 我绝对要一起干 |
[13:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[13:47] | Alright, so, I’ll just pick everything up | 成了 我现在就去取所有东西 |
[13:49] | and bring it to Hawkins. | 然后带到霍金斯大厅去 |
[13:50] | Dope. Thanks again, Freshman. | 太棒了 再次谢谢你 新生 |
[13:52] | Oh, I thought you weren’t calling me that anymore. | 我还以为你不会这么叫我了呢 |
[13:54] | Yeah, well, uh, “Dropout” seemed a little sad, so… | “退学生”听上去也太惨了 所以 |
[13:58] | – Oh. Wow! – Yeah. | – 太扎心了 – 对吧 |
[14:14] | Hey! | 你好啊 |
[14:15] | Sorry for the late call. | 抱歉这么晚打来 |
[14:16] | I just had a quick spark of inspiration | 我只是突然有了个好点子 |
[14:18] | I kind of want to run by you. | 想来跟你商量一下 |
[14:19] | Listening. | 我听着呢 |
[14:20] | Okay. So, what do you think | 你觉不觉得 |
[14:22] | about adding an accessory to the protest… | 我们可以弄一些抗议主题的配饰 |
[14:25] | something that people can take with them and wear every day, | 那种人们可以日常穿戴的东西 |
[14:27] | just like, uh, those LIVESTRONG bracelets? | 就跟”坚强活着”的黄色手环一样 |
[14:30] | I love it. | 太棒了 |
[14:31] | Oh, dope! | 太好了 |
[14:32] | I actually got the idea | 我其实是在 |
[14:33] | watching “Real Housewives of Potomac.” | 看<波多马克娇妻>的时候想到的 |
[14:35] | Did you know that one of the housewives | 你知不知道有一个主妇 |
[14:37] | actually wears a bracelet every day | 每天都戴着手环 |
[14:38] | to raise awareness for her daughter’s color blindness? | 来提醒人们关注她女儿的色盲问题 |
[14:41] | She’s so brave. | 她太勇敢了 |
[14:42] | You still watch that trash? | 你还在看那个破玩意呢 |
[14:44] | Um, you’re the one who put me onto that trash in the first place. | 呃 明明一开始是你拉着我看的 |
[14:48] | You’re right, you’re right. | 这倒是 没错 |
[14:49] | Hey, babe, it’s getting kind of late. | 亲爱的 已经有点晚了 |
[14:51] | I’m gonna go to bed. | 我就先去睡了 |
[14:53] | Okay. I’ll be there in a minute. | 好 我过会就来 |
[14:54] | Hey, I should get going. | 我得先挂了 |
[14:55] | – Um… – Uh, yeah. | – 呃 – 好的 好的 |
[14:57] | No, I’m so sorry. It is late. | 是我不好 已经很晚了 |
[14:59] | Uh, viva la Rattail Revolution. | 鼠尾辫革命万岁 |
[15:01] | Okay, bye. Bye, bye, bye. | 好了 再见 拜拜 嗯 |
[15:14] | Attention, California University administration | 请注意 加州大学的管理处 |
[15:17] | and board of directors. | 以及董事会成员们 |
[15:19] | We, the students of Cal U, demand to have a say | 我们 加大学生 想要发表一些意见 |
[15:22] | in your investment of our tuition dollars | 事关我们上交的学费 |
[15:23] | in the private prison system. | 被你们投资在私人监狱系统里 |
[15:26] | A system that profits | 这个体系正在 |
[15:27] | off the mass incarceration of people of color. | 通过关押有色人种汲取利益 |
[15:30] | So we will sit here in silence | 所以我们决定在此静坐 |
[15:32] | until you allow us to have an open dialogue | 直到你们肯与我们公开对话 |
[15:34] | and give us a seat at the table. | 并给予我们协商讨论的权利 |
[15:38] | *Can’t change the world ‘less we change ourselves* | *想要改变世界 只有先改变我们自己* |
[15:41] | *Die from the sicknesses if we don’t seek the health* | *如果不追求正义 终会死于社会的恶疾* |
[15:43] | *All eyes be my witness when I speak what’s felt* | *众人见证着我倾诉心中所想* |
[15:46] | *Full house on my hands, the cards I was dealt* | *手上握着的 是他们发给我的满堂彩* |
[15:48] | *Three K’s, Two A’s in AmeriKKKa* | *美利坚土地上的三个K 加上两个A* |
[15:51] | *I’m just a black spade spawn out the nebula* | *我只是遥远星云中迸发的一枚小小黑桃* |
[15:53] | *And everything I do or say today that’s worthwhile* | *我今天所说的做的只要有点意义* |
[15:56] | *Will for sure inspire action in your first child* | *你们的孩子以后肯定也会揭竿而起* |
[15:58] | *I’ll begin my verse* | *下面是我的段落* |
[15:59] | *In the land of the free, is for the free loaders* | *在这片自由土地 任由他们坐收渔利* |
[16:02] | *Leave us dead in the street, then be their organ donors* | *等我们饿死路边 让他们收尸卖钱* |
[16:04] | *They disorganized my people, made us all loners* | *令我们分崩离析 让我们孤身奋战* |
[16:07] | *Still got the last names of our slave owners* | *让我们失去姓名 成为主人的玩伴* |
[16:09] | *In the land of the free, it’s for the free loaders* | *在这片自由土地 任由他们坐收渔利* |
[16:12] | *Leave us dead in the street, then be their organ donors* | *等我们饿死路边 让他们收尸卖钱* |
[16:14] | *They disorganized my people, made us all loners* | *令我们分崩离析 让我们孤身奋战* |
[16:17] | *Yeah* | *耶* |
[16:18] | *Yeah* | *耶* |
[16:32] | I just want to thank all of you for your support. | 我想要感谢大家的支持 |
[16:34] | Uh, it’s because of you guys | 通过诸位的努力 |
[16:36] | that we now have an invitation to the next board meeting! | 我们争取到了下次董事会的邀请 |
[16:38] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[16:39] | – Whoo! – Yo! | – 棒极了 – 好耶 |
[16:42] | Whoo! | 太好了 |
[16:47] | Hey! What’s up, man? | 怎么样啊 兄弟 |
[16:48] | – Congratulations, bro. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你 兄弟 – 谢谢你 |
[16:50] | And I appreciate all your help for real. I do. | 我还要感谢你之前的帮助 真心的 |
[16:51] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[16:54] | We used to have sex! | 我们以前做过 |
[16:55] | Whoa! | 天哪 |
[16:56] | What is wrong with you? | 你这是哪一出 |
[16:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:00] | I saw you guys getting all bro-y, | 我看到你俩最近成了好哥们 |
[17:01] | and I was worried he was gonna say something, | 有点担心他会对你说什么不该说的 |
[17:03] | and I-I just didn’t want you to find out that way. | 我只是不想你用这种方式得知这件事 |
[17:05] | So you thought this was best way? | 那你觉得这就是个好方法吗 |
[17:08] | You know what? | 这么着吧 |
[17:09] | I’m gonna let you two lovebirds process this. | 你们小两口要不自己先捋捋清 |
[17:12] | Excuse me. | 我先撤了 |
[17:18] | Well, that was crazy. | 刚才真是妙啊 |
[17:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:21] | I thought you deserved to know, and I panicked. | 我只是觉得应该告诉你 然后就慌了 |
[17:23] | It’s okay. I already knew. | 没关系 我早就知道了 |
[17:25] | You did? He did tell you? | 你知道了 他真的和你说了吗 |
[17:27] | No. I picked up on it | 不是 是我自己想到的 |
[17:29] | the moment you said it was complicated. | 你一说事情很复杂 我就知道了 |
[17:31] | Have things ever been complicated | 一旦说起复杂的事情 |
[17:33] | between two people who haven’t smashed? | 那应该就是两个人有肉体关系了吧 |
[17:36] | Maybe next time, pull me aside? | 下回能把我拉开偷偷和我说吗 |
[17:39] | Shoot me a text? | 发短信也行 |
[17:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:41] | – Yeah? – Mm-hmm. | – 说好了 – 嗯 |
[17:45] | – Um, hey. How amazing was today? – Hey! | – 今天真的太了不起了 – 你好呀 |
[17:49] | You should be so proud of yourself. | 你应该为自己感到自豪 |
[17:51] | Yeah. Hey, and I’m proud of you, too, you know? | 我也很为你高兴的 知道吗 |
[17:53] | We would have been nothing without your jumpsuits. | 没有你的连身衣我们肯定做不成这件事 |
[17:55] | They killed it. | 效果太好了 |
[17:56] | Well, I’m happy that I could actually come through for you. | 我很高兴自己这次可以帮上你的忙 |
[17:59] | Although, don’t get used to it, | 但你可别太习惯这待遇了 |
[17:59] | ’cause it probably will never happen again. | 下不为例了哦 |
[18:01] | Oh, I know. I figured that. | 我知道 我猜到了 |
[18:04] | I’m gonna grab a drink. Do you want something? | 我去拿点喝的 你要点什么吗 |
[18:06] | Uh, no. Actually, I’m good. | 不了 我就不用了 |
[18:07] | But, again, this was incredible, | 但我还是想说 这次太棒了 |
[18:09] | and congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[18:15] | Alright, explosion. | 爆炸击拳吗 也行 |
[18:19] | I’m gonna grab that drink. | 我去拿喝的了 |
[18:20] | Yes. Go. | 去吧 |
[18:25] | So big deal, Aaron has a girlfriend. | 有什么了不起的 Aaron交了新的女友 |
[18:28] | Even if our dynamic changes, | 就算已经时过境迁了 |
[18:29] | I know that we’ll always make a good team | 但我知道我们依然能好好合作 |
[18:31] | and that I’ll always have a place in his life. | 我在他生活中也永远有一席之地 |
[18:34] | – Hey, Zoey. – Hey. | – Zoey 你好 – 你好 |
[18:36] | You got a sec? | 你有空吗 |
[18:37] | Uh, yeah, of course. What’s up? | 当然 怎么了 |
[18:38] | You and Aaron really killed it today. | 你跟Aaron今天做的真的很不错 |
[18:40] | – Aww! – Especially your jumpsuits. | – 过奖了 – 尤其是你设计的衣服 |
[18:42] | Thank you. Today was amazing. | 谢谢你 今天真的很棒 |
[18:44] | – Yeah. – And, like, I mean, he was amazing. | – 是的 – 我是说 他做得很出色 |
[18:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:48] | Um, look, I got to ask you a small favor. | 听着 你得帮我个小忙 |
[18:52] | Anything. I just don’t help people move, | 尽管提 但我不帮别人搬家 |
[18:53] | nor do I do drives to the airport. | 也没法开车送人到机场 |
[18:57] | I-I need you to take a couple steps back from Aaron. | 我 我需要你离Aaron远一点 |
[19:04] | From here? | 在这吗 |
[19:05] | No. Um, in… in life. | 不 我是说 生活上 |
[19:09] | I know you guys have a history, | 我知道你俩过去有一段 |
[19:11] | and, um, you obviously have a bond, | 而且你们显然感情很好 |
[19:13] | but please put yourself in my shoes. | 但麻烦你设身处地为我想一想 |
[19:16] | And I’m… I’m not asking for you guys to not be friends. | 我 我不是说要你们连朋友都做不成 |
[19:19] | I’m just asking that you please give us a chance | 我只是希望你能给我们个机会 |
[19:22] | to form our own bond | 能专心培养我们自己的情愫 |
[19:23] | without any old feelings coming between us. | 不要让一些旧感情干扰我们 |
[19:28] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[19:29] | I-I-I totally get it. | 我 我完全能理解 |
[19:32] | – Thanks. – Mm-hmm. | – 谢谢你 – 没事 |
[19:38] | As I stood in the middle of all those orange jumpsuits, | 站在穿着橙色连身裤的熙攘人群里时 |
[19:43] | I realized something. | 我意识到了什么 |
[19:46] | Aaron ultimately learned | Aaron最终理解了 |
[19:47] | that sometimes silence says everything. | 偶尔无声要胜过有声 |
[19:52] | And I learned that even though | 而我则明白了 |
[19:53] | you may know something deep down inside, | 即便你心里是清楚某件事的 |
[19:57] | sometimes you need to hear it said… | 却依然希望能够听到它 |
[19:59] | out loud. | 被大声讲出来 |
[20:06] | Happy birthday, Grandma. She’s a retired teacher. | 生日快乐 奶奶 她是个退休教师 |
[20:08] | Speaking of which… | 说起这个 |
[20:09] | Aww! My baby wished me a happy birthday! | 噢 我的小宝贝祝我生日快乐了 |
[20:13] | Of course I did, Gam Gam. | 我怎么会忘呢 奶奶 |
[20:14] | Well, I just did. | 好的 我刚刚提过了 |
[20:16] | Now, if you want to talk recidivism, | 如果你们想要聊累犯问题的话 |
[20:17] | we can talk recidivism. | 我们也可以聊一聊 |
[20:19] | Have you ever tried playing basketball | 你有没有试过 |
[20:20] | – with no basketball nets? – Mm. | – 不带篮筐的篮球 – 这个嘛 |
[20:22] | It’s impossible. How do you know if you made it or not? | 根本做不到 你怎么知道自己进没进球呢 |
[20:23] | And why isn’t anyone talking | 而且为什么都没有人关心 |
[20:25] | about the food deserts in these inner cities? | 城中区的食物沙漠呢 |
[20:28] | If you ask me, I think that there’s a… | 如果你问我的想法 我想说 |
[20:29] | Look, Aaron, I didn’t. We are now out of time. | 听着 Aaron 我没问 我们快没时间了 |
[20:32] | – Are you sure? – So… yeah, I’m positive. | – 你确定吗 – 我很确定 |
[20:34] | Thank you so much for joining us today. | 非常感谢你来到我们的节目 |
[20:36] | Uh, when we come back, | 广告之后 我们会 |
[20:37] | You need to keep my name out your mouth. | 以后出去了不许提老娘的名字 |
[20:38] | we’ll be talking to a mother… | 我们会和一位母亲对谈 |
[20:39] | – But, Gam Gam… – …who thinks her 4-year-old is not too young | – 可是奶奶 – 她认为她四岁的孩子 |
[20:41] | – I’m sorry! – …to wear makeup. | – 对不起嘛 – 开始化妆并不算早 |
[20:43] | 4 is definitely too young. | 四岁的确太早了 |
[20:44] | I’m still your favorite grandson, right? | 我还是你最喜欢的孙子 对吧 |
[20:48] | Grandma?! | 奶奶 |