时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Good morning, Ms. Collins. | 早上好 柯林斯老师 |
[00:11] | We’re looking for books on American history. | 我们在找美国历史方面的书 |
[00:13] | Specifically, the election process. | 具体说 是竞选过程方面的 |
[00:15] | More specifically, local elections. | 更具体点说 有关本地竞选的 |
[00:17] | More specifically, has a rookie deputy | 再具体点说 有没有一位新警长 |
[00:19] | ever pulled off a last minute election | 在最后一刻赢得竞选 |
[00:21] | to become sheriff in a small American town? | 成为美国小镇警长的 |
[00:23] | So, what is it you’re looking for specifically? | 那么 你们到底在找什么书 |
[00:28] | I’m kidding. Let’s look. | 我开玩笑的 我们去找吧 |
[00:34] | Hi, Mom. | 你好 妈 |
[00:37] | Good morning. We’re polling for the election. | 早上好 我们在为竞选做民意测验 |
[00:39] | May we ask who you’re voting for? | 请问您想投票给谁 |
[00:41] | Strictly off the record, I’d like to see some new blood around here. | 仅私下说 我希望看到有新的候选人 |
[00:44] | I like what I’m hearing, ladies. | 很高兴您这么说 女士 |
[00:45] | 相信翠普 能当选警长 | |
[00:46] | – I made them myself. – Oh, how creative. | -这是我自己做的 -真有创意 |
[00:49] | But I’m not sure I can wear mine at school. | 但我觉得我在学校不能戴 |
[00:51] | She has to give the appearance of objectivity. I don’t. | 她得保持一个客观的形象 但我不需要 |
[00:58] | Nice. | 真好看 |
[01:09] | Margaret Miller? | 玛格丽特·米勒吗 |
[01:11] | Agent Chris Adkins, FBI. | 我是联邦调查局的克里斯·阿德金斯探员 |
[01:13] | We have some questions for you. | 我们有些问题想要问你 |
[01:14] | You’ve made a mistake. This is my mother, Carol Collins. | 你弄错了 这是我妈 卡罗尔·柯林斯 |
[01:21] | It’s okay, sweetie. | 没事 亲爱的 |
[01:24] | Mom? Mom, wait, don’t go with him. | 妈 妈 等等 别跟他走 |
[01:27] | Excuse me, what’s happening? Are you arresting her? | 抱歉 发生了什么事 你是在逮捕她吗 |
[01:30] | We just wanna ask her some questions. | 我们只是想问她几个问题 |
[01:34] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:39] | Make sure the kids are okay. Keep them in here. | 确保孩子们都没事 把他们留在这里 |
[01:46] | Hilde! | 希尔妲 |
[01:47] | I need to get my things in the office. | 我得去办公室拿点东西 |
[02:06] | Matt, what the hell is going on? | 马特 这是怎么回事 |
[02:08] | I, uh– I wanted to give you a heads-up, | 我 我想提前告诉你一声的 |
[02:09] | but they said that I couldn’t. | 但他们不允许 |
[02:10] | They who? The FBI? You knew they were coming? | 他们是谁 联邦调查局的人吗 你知道他们要来吗 |
[02:14] | They ran a DNA from the blood on Richie’s jacket. | 他们从里奇外套上的血迹中提取出了DNA |
[02:16] | – You know, the one he was wearing. – Yeah. | -就是他当时穿的那件 -所以呢 |
[02:18] | Well, apparently, you did a genetic profile kit. | 很显然 你之前做过遗传物质检测 |
[02:20] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么相关的吗 |
[02:22] | Kim, your blood matched the profile. | 金 你的血液与之相匹配 |
[02:26] | Well, obviously I didn’t have anything to do with it. So… | 我显然与此事无关 所以 |
[02:28] | No, but– And that’s the thing, it was a 50% match. | 不 但问题是 是50%的匹配度 |
[02:32] | – And it was female. – What are you trying to say? | -而且是位女性 -你什么意思 |
[02:35] | Well, you don’t have a sister. So… | 你没有姐妹 所以 |
[02:39] | My mom? | 我妈吗 |
[02:40] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[02:42] | – Matt, that doesn’t make any sense. – I know. | -马特 这说不通 -我知道 |
[02:44] | But they ran her picture through facial recognition | 但他们在面部识别系统中搜了她的照片 |
[02:46] | and, well, they got a hit. | 他们发现相符的 |
[02:48] | Well, there must be some sort of explanation. | 这肯定有某种解释的 |
[02:50] | I know. Look, I know these guys. They’ll clear this up. | 我知道 我了解这些家伙 他们会搞清楚的 |
[02:53] | – You did all of this? – Look, I had to. | -这是你干的吗 -我必须这样做 |
[02:56] | I couldn’t bring any of this to Sheriff Briggs. | 我不能把这事告诉布里格斯警长 |
[02:59] | Look, whatever happened, he– he’s been covering this up for– | 无论发生过什么 他一直在掩饰这件事 |
[03:01] | for, like, decades. | 都数十年了 |
[03:11] | Look, I’m– I’m sorry. All right? We’ll figure it out. | 听着 我很抱歉 好吗 我们会搞清楚的 |
[03:48] | I got a pitch for the headline. | 我已经想好头条标题了 |
[03:50] | “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. | “人不可貌相” |
[03:52] | Get it? Because she’s gonna be in front of a judge soon. | 明白我的意思吗 因为她很快将会被审判 |
[03:55] | Not salacious enough. | 还不够粗浅 |
[03:56] | We need a catchy nickname, like “Mother Murder”. | 我们需要一个容易记的外号 比如”妈妈杀手” |
[03:59] | Guys, we can’t publish. | 伙计们 我们不能发表这个 |
[04:01] | But this story is huge. | 但这是个大新闻 |
[04:04] | I know, but we just gotta be careful. | 我知道 但我们得小心 |
[04:06] | This is a real person. | 她是个活生生的人 |
[04:08] | Just imagine how Principal Collins must feel. | 想想柯林斯校长会有什么感受 |
[04:10] | Are you saying we should give her special treatment? | 你是说我们要对她特殊对待吗 |
[04:12] | No, it’s just that we have to get it right. | 不 我们只是必须了解清楚 |
[04:15] | There was a time when I thought | 我曾经以为 |
[04:16] | Principal Collins murdered Penny Gillis. | 柯林斯校长杀了佩妮·吉利斯 |
[04:19] | We need more facts. | 我们需要更多的证据 |
[04:21] | Not just what we think, but what we know. | 不是我们的想象 而是已知的证据 |
[04:23] | All right, folks. | 好了 孩子们 |
[04:26] | I know that was exciting, | 我知道那很令人兴奋 |
[04:28] | but you know what else gets excited? | 但你们知道还有什么令人兴奋的吗 |
[04:31] | Atoms. Today, we’re studying… | 原子 今天 我们将学习 |
[04:35] | – Where is she? – She’s okay. | -她在哪里 -她没事 |
[04:39] | The FBI guys are just asking her some questions. | 联邦调查局的人正在问她话 |
[04:42] | Guess they own the place now. | 我猜现在这里他们说了算 |
[04:45] | How you holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[04:46] | Can I see her? | 我能见她吗 |
[04:52] | Are you sure you’re gonna be okay in there? | 你确定你在那里没事吗 |
[04:55] | I doubt it. | 我很怀疑 |
[04:58] | Then maybe you should wait in my office. | 那你还是在我的办公室里等吧 |
[04:59] | That’s my mom in there. | 在里面的是我妈 |
[05:03] | All right. Come on. | 好吧 来吧 |
[05:07] | As I’m sure you know, | 我相信你知道 |
[05:09] | there’s been some new information in the Richie Fife case. | 里奇·费弗案有了新线索 |
[05:12] | We have some questions for you. | 我们有几个问题想问你 |
[05:15] | Yes. Of course. Whatever you all need. | 好的 当然 无论你们想知道什么 |
[05:18] | Does this look familiar to you? | 你觉得这个看起来眼熟吗 |
[05:29] | I understand you were the one | 我知道 你就是那个 |
[05:30] | who found it during the initial search for Richie on… | 在最初搜寻里奇时找到这件衣服的人 |
[05:34] | January 31st, 1988. | 那是在1988年1月31日 |
[05:36] | – Is that correct? – Yes. | -对吗 -对 |
[05:41] | Can you tell me why your blood is on this jacket? | 请问为什么这件外套上有你的血 |
[05:49] | I– I cut myself… | 我 我弄伤了自己 |
[05:54] | in the kitchen, and I guess I was still bleeding… | 在厨房里 我猜我当时还在流血 |
[05:57] | – I remember that. – when I picked it up. | -我记得这件事 -当我捡起它时 |
[05:59] | I remember her saying that she cut her hand. | 我记得她说过她当时割伤了手 |
[06:02] | Yeah, but did you see it happen? | 好吧 但你亲眼看到了吗 |
[06:04] | And you didn’t think to tell anyone? | 你没想过告诉别人吗 |
[06:06] | I never thought that would matter. | 我以为那不重要 |
[06:09] | I realize how naive it sounds, | 我知道这听起来很无知 |
[06:11] | but back then I’d never even heard of DNA. | 但那时候我甚至没有听说过DNA |
[06:17] | And-and we were all just trying to find Richie. | 那时我们只想着找到里奇 |
[06:19] | Don’t worry, Kim. They don’t have a clean chain of custody. | 不用担心 金 他们现在收监的完整证据链 |
[06:23] | There’s no judge on earth that would allow it as evidence. | 没有法官会接受这件外套作为证物 |
[06:26] | Is that your former address in Portland? | 这是你以前在波特兰的地址吗 |
[06:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:30] | You wanna tell me about this? | 能跟我讲讲这个吗 |
[06:36] | In 1973… | 1973年 |
[06:39] | I was arrested for auto theft. | 我因为偷车被逮捕 |
[06:43] | My family… | 我的家人 |
[06:48] | Um, well, there was trouble and money was always tight. | 家庭有些问题 经济上也一直很紧张 |
[06:52] | A lot of people experience financial hardship, Ms. Miller. | 很多人经历过经济上的困难 米勒夫人 |
[06:56] | My name’s Carol now, please. | 我现在叫卡罗尔 抱歉 |
[06:58] | Most of them don’t commit grand larceny. | 但大部分人不会犯重大盗窃罪 |
[07:01] | I know that, which is why I– | 我知道 所以我 |
[07:07] | When I got out of prison, | 我出狱后 |
[07:08] | I was so ashamed of…what I’d been, what I’d done… | 我对自己的所作所为深感愧疚 |
[07:15] | and I just wanted a do-over. | 我只想重新做人 |
[07:18] | Just a new name and a new life. | 新的名字 新的生活 |
[07:22] | And I found that here in Erie Harbor. | 我想在伊丽湾重新开始 |
[07:26] | Which broke the terms of your parole | 但这违反了你的假释条例 |
[07:28] | because you weren’t allowed to leave the state, Margaret. | 因为你不得离开所在的州 玛格丽特 |
[07:34] | Even though water is supposed to keep us clean, | 虽然水可以让我们保持清洁 |
[07:37] | H2O molecules are actually very sticky. | 但实际上 水分子黏着性很强 |
[07:44] | Can I have a bathroom pass? | 我可以去趟洗手间吗 |
[07:46] | To the Holmes County Sheriff’s Department? | 去霍尔姆斯郡警局的洗手间吗 |
[07:48] | No. | 不行 |
[07:49] | And you knew Richie Fife through your daughter? | 你通过你的女儿认识了里奇·费弗吗 |
[07:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:54] | They just seemed to really care about each other. | 他们似乎很关心彼此 |
[07:56] | And you’ve said before | 你之前说过 |
[07:57] | that you did not see Richie Fife the night he was abducted? | 你在里奇·费弗被绑当晚没见过他 |
[08:02] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[08:04] | You know how long I’ve been doing this job, Margaret? | 你知道我干这一行多久了吗 玛格丽特 |
[08:08] | It’s Carol. | 叫我卡罗尔 |
[08:09] | Long enough to know when I’m hearing the truth | 很久了 我能听出真话 |
[08:11] | and when someone is lying to my face. | 也能听出某人在对我撒谎 |
[08:14] | Why is he going after her like that? She didn’t do anything. | 他为什么如此咄咄逼人 她什么也没做 |
[08:18] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[08:20] | You said you thought your parents were hiding stuff. | 你说你觉得你的父母在隐瞒什么 |
[08:22] | Normal parent things. | 只是正常的父母问题而已 |
[08:24] | Infidelity, money problems… | 不忠 金钱之类的问题 |
[08:27] | not murder. | 不是谋杀 |
[08:30] | I swear to you, I did not hurt Richie Fife. | 我向你发誓 我没有伤害里奇·费弗 |
[08:36] | I loved that boy. | 我爱那个男孩 |
[08:41] | My daughter loved that boy. | 我女儿爱那个男孩 |
[08:45] | We all did. | 我们都很爱他 |
[08:52] | Now, even though water is supposed to keep us clean, | 虽然水能让我们保持清洁 |
[08:55] | H2O molecules… | 水分子 |
[08:57] | Ms. Lisko. | 里斯克同学 |
[08:59] | As I was saying, the hydrogen atoms… | 如我所说 水分子中的氢原子 |
[09:01] | …of the water molecule like to stick to the nearby oxygen atoms, | 喜欢附着在附近的氧原子上 |
[09:05] | which causes multiple water molecules to stick together. | 导致多个水分子结合 |
[09:08] | 翠普 我是希尔妲 关于玛格丽特·米勒你知道些什么 | |
[09:18] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[09:22] | Oh, come on, molecular fusions. | 拜托 分子结合 |
[09:25] | Why are you so interesting? | 你怎么这么有趣 |
[09:28] | –I’m glad we all find this fascinating, | 很高兴大家都觉得这很有意思 |
[09:30] | because water’s remarkable stickiness… | 因为水分子极高的黏着性 |
[09:34] | If you leave, you can go straight to the principal’s office. | 如果要走 你就直接去校长办公室吧 |
[09:37] | She’s not here, but I’ll give her the message. | 她不在这里 但我会给她带口信的 |
[09:53] | We don’t know yet, Jack. I’m sorry. | 我们还不知道 杰克 抱歉 |
[09:56] | Richie had dinner at her house almost every night. | 里奇几乎每晚都在她家吃晚饭 |
[09:59] | Why would she have anything to do with this? | 她怎么会和绑架案有关呢 |
[10:00] | Maybe she didn’t. | 可能她没有 |
[10:02] | You know, that’s exactly what we’re trying to find out. | 这也是我们要查明的 |
[10:20] | Hilde, what are you doing here? This isn’t some story. | 希尔妲 你来这里干什么 这不是什么新闻 |
[10:24] | I know. I just–I wanted to make sure you’re okay. | 我知道 我只想确认你没事 |
[10:34] | Hey, uh, let ’em go, Hilde. Come on. Let ’em go. | 让她们走 希尔妲 别这样 让她们走 |
[10:37] | I meant it. | 我是认真的 |
[10:38] | I know you did, sweetie. I know. | 我知道 亲爱的 我知道 |
[10:40] | It’s just, uh, she’s going through a lot right now. | 只是她现在面临着一堆问题 |
[10:43] | – Hey, come on. We should get you home. – Really? | -走吧 我们回家 -真的吗 |
[10:45] | I– I don’t have to go back to school? | 我不用回学校吗 |
[10:49] | Well, we’ll call it a mental health day. | 我们就当今天是精神健康日吧 |
[10:52] | Okay? Come on. Huh? | 好吗 走吧 |
[10:57] | Dad, why would Carol change her name? | 爸爸 为什么卡罗尔要改名 |
[11:00] | Just because she got arrested? | 只是因为她被逮捕过吗 |
[11:03] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[11:05] | You know, maybe she didn’t like who she was. | 可能她不喜欢曾经的自己 |
[11:08] | And maybe she wanted to start over. | 可能她想重新开始 |
[11:10] | Press the reset button on her life. | 按下人生的重置键 |
[11:11] | Yeah, look, some people, | 对于某些人来说 |
[11:13] | well, if they don’t like something that they did | 如果他们不喜欢曾做过的事 |
[11:15] | or they don’t like something that happened to ’em, | 或者不喜欢曾经历过的事 |
[11:18] | well, they try and move on, right? | 他们会开启一段新的生活 |
[11:19] | Pretend it never happened. | 假装一切从未发生过 |
[11:20] | Kinda like you did when you left Erie Harbor? | 就像你离开伊丽湾时一样 |
[11:23] | Yeah, yeah. Kinda like that. | 是的 差不多 |
[11:26] | Did it work out for you? | 有用吗 |
[11:27] | It kind of did. For a while. | 有点作用 有一段时间是这样 |
[11:30] | What ends up happening is you try so hard to convince yourself | 结果是你努力说服自己 |
[11:32] | that you can leave that person behind, right? | 你可以放下那个人 对吧 |
[11:34] | And, uh, you end up just lying to everyone. | 但最后只是自欺欺人 |
[11:38] | Just so you can be someone else. | 只是你把自己假装成另一个人 |
[11:39] | And then one day you end up kinda believing it. | 有一天你开始相信这幅假面 |
[11:42] | Maybe that’s what happened to Ms. Collins. | 也许柯林斯女士就是这样 |
[11:45] | Yeah, but you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[11:49] | Always catches up with you in the end. Always. | 那些过去最终还是会缠上你 逃不脱的 |
[11:52] | Trust me. It caught up with me. | 相信我 我就一直被纠缠着 |
[11:55] | When we came back to town? | 是我们回到镇上的时候吗 |
[11:56] | I think it was more around the time when I had you. | 应该说在我有了你的时候就追上了 |
[12:01] | Yeah. Yeah, you were so annoying | 你总是那么烦人 |
[12:04] | that you wouldn’t let me get away with anything at all. | 什么事都不愿放过我 |
[12:07] | And you would drive me crazy all the time, asking questions. | 你总是把我逼得发疯 问题穷追猛打 |
[12:13] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[12:16] | Okay. So, these are all the eyewitness accounts | 好 这些都是新闻与那起绑架案有关的 |
[12:18] | from the kidnapping in the hours leading up to it in the news. | 案发前几小时内的目击记录 |
[12:23] | And this is a rundown of Sylvester’s research | 这是一份西尔维斯特调查资料的提纲 |
[12:25] | organized chronologically. | 按时间顺序排列 |
[12:26] | And this is probably the worst moo shu pork I’ve ever eaten. Ever. | 这可能是我吃过的最难吃的木须肉了 |
[12:30] | Can you be helpful? | 你能说点有用的吗 |
[12:32] | I am being helpful. Don’t eat the moo shu pork. | 这有用啊 不要吃木须肉 |
[12:35] | I don’t get it. Not one thing in all of this research | 我搞不懂 在所有的资料中没有一件事 |
[12:37] | points to a woman being involved. | 能证明有个女人参与其中 |
[12:39] | You’re sure it was a male’s voice you heard that night? | 你确定那天晚上听到的是男性的声音 |
[12:40] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m sure. I wish I could forget it. | 是的 我确定 我倒希望我能忘记它 |
[12:45] | There’s something that’s always bothered me. | 有件事一直困扰着我 |
[12:51] | Come on. We’ve watched that video like a hundred times. | 行了 那盘带子我们已经看了几百遍了 |
[12:53] | Count until the van drives away. | 到货车开走 数一下秒 |
[12:57] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[13:00] | Hey! Richie! | 里奇 |
[13:03] | Maybe two seconds. | 大概两秒钟吧 |
[13:06] | Not even. I don’t think the person who took him | 两秒都不到 我想带走他的人 |
[13:09] | could’ve gotten from the back of the van to the driver’s seat | 不可能那么快就能从后座换到 |
[13:11] | that quickly. | 驾驶席 |
[13:12] | So, what now? The person who took Richieis– is not the driver? | 那你什么意思 带走里奇的人不是司机吗 |
[13:16] | Maybe there were two people in the van. | 也许车里有两个人 |
[13:19] | So, Principal Collins’ mom could’ve been the getaway driver. | 所以柯林斯校长的妈妈可能就是那逃跑的司机 |
[13:22] | Oh, come on. Why would Carol do it? | 别闹了 卡罗尔为什么要这么做 |
[13:23] | I– I can’t think of anyone with less of a motive. | 我觉得她是最没有动机的人了 |
[13:28] | Well, the first night out of prison I got as far away from | 好吧 我出狱的第一晚 就尽可能地 |
[13:31] | Portland as I could. | 远离波特兰 |
[13:33] | I hopped this bus to this cheap motel | 我搭上一辆巴士到一家廉价汽车旅馆 |
[13:36] | and, um, Carol Burnett was on the TV. | 电视上正在播卡罗尔·伯内特 |
[13:39] | And she was funny, and she was smart. | 她很有趣 也很聪明 |
[13:42] | And I just wanted to be all those things too, so… | 我也想像她那样聪明风趣 所以 |
[13:47] | That was it. I decided to become Carol. | 就这样 我决定改名叫卡罗尔 |
[13:50] | You say that like | 你这语气就好像 |
[13:51] | it was a fun nickname you chose for yourself. | 这不过是你给自己取的一个有趣的绰号 |
[13:54] | Look, you wanted to know what happened, and I’m telling you. | 是你想知道发生了什么 我就讲给你听 |
[13:57] | But my biggest fear was that my old life | 但我最害怕的是我以前的生活 |
[13:59] | would somehow touch this one. | 会影响到现在的生活 |
[14:02] | – Touch you. – That didn’t work out so well, did it? | -会影响到你 -你也没怎么瞒住 不是吗 |
[14:04] | Come on. Nothing’s changed. | 别这样 什么都没变 |
[14:10] | I’m still your mom. | 我还是你妈妈 |
[14:16] | And you are the best thingthat I’ve ever done with my life. | 你是我一生中经历过的最好的事情 |
[14:18] | I’m the one who’s watched you…become this smart… | 我看着你…变成这么聪明 |
[14:25] | and amazing tough lady boss. | 这么了不起的女强人 女老板 |
[14:29] | I’m just in awe of the woman that I somehow created. | 我只是对我成就的女人感到惊讶 |
[14:34] | Because I can see that little girl…underneath all that, | 因为我能看到这个小女孩 经历种种困难 |
[14:38] | who has such a good heart. | 仍保有一颗善良的心 |
[14:43] | And I don’t wanna lose that, any of that. | 我不想失去这一切 一点也不想 |
[14:46] | You were the one that made me feel like the world could be safe again. | 就是因为你 我才能再一次有了安全感 |
[14:52] | And now I can’t believethat I listened to you. | 现在我真不敢相信 我竟然信了你 |
[14:56] | Because… I don’t know who you are. | 因为 我都不认识你了 |
[14:59] | his. This is me. I—Ah. | 我就是我啊 我 |
[15:04] | You have got to believe me, honey. | 你一定要相信我 亲爱的 |
[15:07] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:09] | I did not kill Richie Fife. | 我没有杀里奇·费弗 |
[15:17] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[15:42] | I thought of something. | 我想到了一些事 |
[15:44] | Oh, my God. You just–You just gave me a heart attack. | 天哪 你差点害我犯心脏病 |
[15:47] | – What’s happening? – Uh, Hilde just thought of something. | -怎么了 -希尔妲想到了一些事 |
[15:50] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[15:52] | You wanted to start over, but you didn’t change your name. | 你以前也想重新开始 但你没改名字 |
[15:56] | Uh, can we–can we talk about this tomorrow? | 我们…我们能不能明天再谈这个 |
[15:58] | You were basically the same person. | 你基本上还是同一个人 |
[16:00] | Ms. Collins became someone else. | 而柯林斯女士则变成了另一个人 |
[16:05] | I was trying to figure out why she would want to do that, | 我一直想弄清楚她为什么要那样做 |
[16:09] | why she would kill Richie. | 她为什么要杀里奇 |
[16:11] | And then I realized, | 然后我意识到 |
[16:13] | what if Carol didn’t kill Richie, | 如果杀死里奇的不是”卡罗尔” |
[16:16] | but maybe Margaret Miller did? | 而是”玛格丽特·米勒”呢 |
[16:20] | It’s like you said, you lie to other people | 就像你说的 你对别人撒谎 |
[16:23] | and then you actually start to believe it. | 渐渐地 连你自己都信了 |
[16:26] | What if Carol doesn’t have a motive, | 如果卡罗尔没有动机 |
[16:30] | but Margaret Miller does? | 但是玛格丽特·米勒有呢 |
[16:34] | Hey, you know what? That’s, uh–That’s really something, Hilde. | 跟你说 这想法真的很了不起 希尔妲 |
[16:37] | Are you just saying thatso you can go back to sleep? | 你这么说是为了好继续睡觉吗 |
[16:40] | No. No, no, no.No, that’s– that’s really smart. | 不 不 不 这真的很聪明 |
[16:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:46] | We need to find Margaret Miller. Find out who she was. | 我们要找到玛格丽特·米勒 查清她是谁 |
[16:51] | Hey, you know what? | 其实 |
[16:53] | I’ve, uh… | 我 |
[16:56] | I’ve got an address in Portland. | 我想到个地址 在波特兰 |
[16:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:00] | – Road trip? – Tomorrow. | -开车去吗 -明天再说 |
[17:04] | Tomorrow. | 明天再说 |
[17:08] | – All right, come on. Go back to bed. – Okay. | -好了 去吧 回去睡觉 -好的 |
[17:19] | 马特的打印机 未命名图像 | |
[17:21] | 纽约市媒体通行证 媒体工作者 | |
[17:23] | 魔法时刻编年史 希尔妲 | |
[17:26] | 魔法时刻编年史 希尔妲·里斯克 | |
[17:38] | All right. There we go. | 好了 准备好了 |
[17:44] | It’s fake. | 这是假的 |
[17:46] | Yeah. Well, technically, yeah. | 好吧 严格来说 是的 |
[17:48] | But since I didn’t include the date and the state seal, | 但我没有做上日期和州徽 |
[17:51] | I think we’ll be all right. | 我想应该不会有事 |
[17:54] | Hey, no one’s gonna know. | 没人会知道的 |
[17:55] | But I know it’s fake. | 但我知道这是假的 |
[17:57] | Yeah. Well, it’s not for you. | 是 但是你不用在意 |
[18:00] | See, this… this is for the peoplewho don’t believe in you. | 这个 这是用来骗那些不相信你的人的 |
[18:04] | You have had this thing the whole time as far as I’m concerned. | 我觉得 你一直都是个真正的记者 |
[18:11] | What? It’s beautiful. | 怎么了 很漂亮 |
[18:13] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[18:17] | Aw. I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[18:21] | You look like a soldierfor truth. | 你看起来像一名追求真相的战士 |
[18:22] | Remember, it’s fake. | 别忘了 这是假的 |
[18:24] | Yeah, for now. All right. Come on. Let’s go. | 总有一天会成真的 好了 我们走吧 |
[18:27] | – Come on. – Let’s do it. | -来吧 -我们开始吧 |
[18:29] | – You got it? – Yeah, I got it. | -你都弄好了吗 -都弄好了 |
[18:34] | Uh, Matty? | 马特 |
[18:38] | Please don’t go. | 请不要走 |
[18:40] | New York is too far. | 纽约太远了 |
[18:42] | I’ll never see you. | 我会永远见不到你的 |
[19:04] | I’ll come back and visit, Pop. | 我会回来看你的 爸爸 |
[19:18] | Hey, come here. | 过来 |
[19:29] | Hey. Hey, it’s just a day trip. | 我只出门一天 |
[19:31] | All right? I won’t leave you again. | 知道吗 我不会再离开你了 |
[19:41] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[19:43] | Yeah. All good. | 是啊 一切都好 |
[19:52] | Hey, Scout. What are you thinking about? | 小家伙 你在想什么 |
[19:56] | Pop-Pop. How sick is he? | 爷爷 他病得多严重 |
[20:00] | Is he gonna die like Grandma? | 他会像奶奶一样死去吗 |
[20:05] | Well, that’s– that’s how it works. | 世事就是这样的 |
[20:08] | You know, people– people get old and… | 你知道 人就是会变老 |
[20:12] | yeah, you know, they– they die. | 然后 他们就会死 |
[20:15] | I was really sad when Grandma died. | 奶奶去世时我真的很难过 |
[20:19] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[20:21] | It snuck up on me sometimes. | 我有时也会记起那种难过的感觉 |
[20:23] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[20:25] | That’s kinda the order of things. | 这可以说就是世间的规律吧 |
[20:27] | Losing your grandparentsand then losing your parents. | 祖父母去世 然后父母去世 |
[20:32] | You know, it’s kinda–kinda the way that’s supposed to go. | 这就是人生应当经历的事 |
[20:39] | That’s why the Richie Fife thing was so hard. | 所以里奇·费弗的事这么令人难以释怀 |
[20:42] | Yeah, parents aren’t supposed to lose their child. | 对 不该让父母失去孩子 |
[20:46] | And a kid isn’t supposed to lose a friend either, Dad. | 孩子也不该失去朋友 爸爸 |
[20:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:58] | Is Matt okay? Is this Carol thinghelping him or messing him up? | 马特没事吧 卡罗尔这事对他的影响是好是坏 |
[21:01] | Helping him, actually. | 其实对他还挺有帮助的 |
[21:04] | For the first time in a long time we’re not not okay. | 很久以来我们头一回过得还不错 |
[21:07] | Or at least Matt’s not not okay. | 或者至少马特过得还不错 |
[21:10] | So, I guess we’re pretty good. | 所以 我想我们过得挺好的 |
[21:13] | – Happy husband. What’s that like? – Yeah. | -丈夫很幸福 那是什么感觉 -是啊 |
[21:16] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:18] | Is there anyone new you’re interested in? | 新来的人里 有你感兴趣的吗 |
[21:20] | It’s gotta be slim pickings around here. | 这里的选择一定很有限 |
[21:23] | You are the nicest, most well-meaning snob. | 你是这儿最善良 最体贴的人了 |
[21:26] | No, I just mean, you know, numbers-wise, | 不 我只是说 从数字来看 |
[21:28] | like, statistically speaking because the town is small. | 统计学上来讲 这个镇子很小嘛 |
[21:31] | Do you hate this place that much? | 你很讨厌这个地方吗 |
[21:33] | No. No, i– | 不 不 我 |
[21:35] | It– It’s amazing in a lot of ways. | 这里在很多方面都很棒 |
[21:39] | The air is clean. The rent is cheap. | 空气清新 租金便宜 |
[21:41] | Yeah, everything I get here would cost me $8 billion in New York. | 我在这得到的一切 在纽约都要花费天文数字 |
[21:49] | I’m actually wrapping my mind around staying a while. | 我其实有在考虑在这里长住 |
[21:52] | Maybe even opening an office. | 甚至可能开个工作室 |
[21:54] | With everything that’s been going on with Sam since he went AWOL, | 山姆越狱后 发生了这么多事 |
[21:56] | it’s– | 真的… |
[21:59] | They’re transferring him to maximum security | 他们要把他转移到最高安全级别的监狱 |
[22:01] | right while I’m trying to prove he’s innocent. | 而我还在试图证明他的清白 |
[22:04] | Go get ’em, snob. | 拼尽全力上吧 朋友 |
[22:19] | All these neat little houses on all these nice little streets. | 这些小房子都这么可爱 街道也都这么温馨 |
[22:23] | It’s hard to believe | 很难相信 |
[22:24] | that something’s wrong with some of those little houses. | 有的小房子里会发生可怕的事 |
[22:27] | Yeah. Well, you need to watch a movie for once | 你真得看几部《总统班底》 |
[22:29] | that’s not All the President’s Men. | 之外的电影了 |
[22:32] | I know, but it’s so good. | 我知道 但是那电影真的很好看 |
[22:37] | All right. Listen up. | 好吧 听着 |
[22:39] | Okay, remember, silence is your friend. | 记住 沉默是你的朋友 |
[22:43] | Each new question is the end of the last answer. | 新问题的开始 就是上一问题答案的结束 |
[22:46] | So, you gotta be patient. | 所以 你要有耐心 |
[22:47] | Let the silence go on till it gets awkward, | 不要打破沉默 一直要撑到尴尬 |
[22:49] | ’cause that person’s gonna wanna fill the empty space, okay? | 因为尴尬会让对方想要说话填补空白 懂吗 |
[22:52] | Okay? | 懂吗 |
[22:55] | All right. Okay, I get it. You’re, uh… | 好吧 好吧 我明白了 你在 |
[22:57] | Enjoying the silence. | 享受沉默 |
[22:59] | Very good. All right. Save it for in there. | 很好 好吧 这招留到进门后再用 |
[23:01] | Come on, give it a knock. | 来吧 敲门吧 |
[23:08] | Hi, sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你 |
[23:10] | We’re here from The Magic Hour Chronicle. | 我们是《魔法时刻编年史》的 |
[23:12] | Yeah, we just wanna ask some questions about a woman | 是的 我们只是想问几个问题 |
[23:14] | who used to live here a long time ago. | 有关一位很久以前住在这里的女人 |
[23:16] | Uh, a woman called Margaret Miller. | 一个叫玛格丽特·米勒的女人 |
[23:22] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:27] | So was she the one that sold you this house? | 她是不是卖给你这房子的那个人 |
[23:30] | No, Margaret is– | 不 玛格丽特是 |
[23:32] | I guess you could sayshe’s my fairy godmother. | 我想她可以说是我的仙女教母 |
[23:35] | She gave me this house. I’ve always wanted to thank her. | 她把房子送给了我 我一直想感谢她 |
[23:38] | Well, any idea where she lives now? | 那知道她现在住在哪里吗 |
[23:41] | No. I was hoping you knew. | 不知道 我还以为你们知道呢 |
[23:44] | Oh. Yeah, well, we’re–we’re looking into it. | 好吧 我们…我们正在调查 |
[23:57] | My mom and I, we, uh– | 我妈妈和我 我们 |
[23:59] | we could not have survived without Aunt Margaret. | 要不是因为玛格丽特姑姑 我们肯定撑不下来 |
[24:04] | Aunt Margaret? | 玛格丽特姑姑 |
[24:06] | So, Margaret and your dadwere brother and sister? | 玛格丽特和你爸爸是兄妹吗 |
[24:09] | Yeah.My biological dad is Margaret’s brother. | 是的 我的亲生父亲是玛格丽特的哥哥 |
[24:12] | Why do you say, “biological dad”? | 你为什么说”亲生爸爸” |
[24:16] | I guess because I never met him. | 我想是因为我从没见过他 |
[24:19] | He ran off before I was born. | 我还没出生他就跑了 |
[24:21] | My mom said it was right after he found out she was pregnant. | 我妈说那是在他发现她怀孕后不久的事 |
[24:25] | She didn’t like to talk about him much. | 她不喜欢提他 |
[24:30] | There’s some photos of him and Margaret | 我祖父以前的餐厅里 |
[24:32] | at the diner my grandparents used to own. | 还有一些他和玛格丽特的照片 |
[24:33] | I still go look at them sometimes. | 我有时还去看看呢 |
[24:37] | I could take you guys. | 我可以带你们去 |
[24:43] | There they are. | 这就是他们 |
[24:44] | That’s my dad, Zeke, and Aunt Margaret. | 这是我父亲泽克与我姑姑玛格丽特 |
[24:47] | Margaret and Ezekiel were inseparableas kids, | 玛格丽特和以西结两个孩子形影不离 |
[24:50] | but then Ezekiel started getting into trouble. | 但后来以西结变成了一个问题孩童 |
[24:55] | Some more photos over here. | 这边还有更多照片 |
[24:59] | So when did he disappear? | 那他是什么时候失踪的 |
[25:01] | Little before I was born. | 在我出生前不久 |
[25:03] | And if I could ask, uh,w– when was your birthday? | 可以冒昧问一下你的生日是什么时候吗 |
[25:06] | March 14th, 1988. | 1988年3月14日 |
[25:10] | Hey. That’s right around the time when Richie– | 那恰好是里奇 |
[25:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:16] | He left town. | 他离开了小镇 |
[25:18] | What’s your story about anyway? | 你们的故事与什么有关 |
[25:21] | Oh, well, we’re not exactly sure yet, right? | 我们还不太确定呢 是吧 |
[25:23] | But we’re definitely getting closer. | 可我们肯定快要弄清楚了 |
[25:27] | Let me know if you need anything. | 如果你们还需要什么的话请告诉我 |
[25:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:44] | That’s the tattoo. | 这就是那个纹身 |
[25:46] | What tattoo? | 什么纹身 |
[25:49] | That “sinner” tattoo. | 那个”罪人”纹身 |
[25:51] | The one in Pop-Pop’s notes. | 在爷爷笔记里的那个 |
[25:53] | Sam saw it too. | 山姆也看到了 |
[25:55] | Yeah. Well, maybe. | 或许吧 |
[25:57] | Oh, that tattoo says “saint.” | 可那个纹身写的是”圣人” |
[26:01] | Sound it out, honey. | 说出来 亲爱的 |
[26:08] | I learned how to read upside down. When Mom was teaching Izzy. | 我学会了怎么倒着读 在妈妈教伊奇时 |
[26:13] | If he held his arms down by his sides… | 如果他把小臂平放下来 |
[26:19] | people would see “sinner.” | 看起来就是”罪人” |
[26:21] | It’s an ambigram. | 这是变体字 |
[26:23] | Yeah, I got it. | 嗯 我明白了 |
[26:26] | Yeah, thanks, Joe. I appreciate it. | 谢了 乔 非常感激 |
[26:28] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[26:30] | Do you have a source at every police department in the country? | 你在全国每个警察署都有熟人吗 |
[26:34] | Twenty years at the New York Sentinel. | 在《纽约前沿》干了20年 |
[26:36] | That didn’t pay much, but yeah,I got some pretty good contacts. | 薪水不高 可我有了很好的人脉 |
[26:39] | Here, look, check this out. | 这里 看 看看这个 |
[26:41] | Ezekiel Miller’s record, right? | 以西结·米勒的记录 |
[26:43] | Guy had a rap sheet like a mile long, | 他的犯罪记录可够长的 |
[26:45] | and they both spent time in prison. | 他们都在监狱里待过 |
[26:47] | Lead with that. | 从这里下手 |
[26:49] | No, you lead with it. | 不 你从这里下手 |
[26:52] | I’m grounded, remember? | 我被禁足了 记得吗 |
[26:53] | On a case-by-case basis, you’re ungrounded. | 就事论事 禁足解除 |
[26:57] | You write the article. | 你来写这篇文章 |
[26:59] | Dad, it’s your story. | 爸 这是你的故事 |
[27:02] | Anyway, look. | 不管怎么 |
[27:04] | We gotta head out. You know, your mom’s gonna get worried. | 我们得动身了 你妈要开始担心了 |
[27:08] | Take that in the kitchen and wash up for dinner, okay? | 把那个拿进厨房 洗干净准备晚饭 好吗 |
[27:13] | Hey, Izzy. | 你好啊 伊奇 |
[27:14] | Izzy, I’m gonna need you for some extra babysitting duties. | 伊奇 我需要你额外多照看一会孩子 |
[27:18] | I’m really going back to work. | 我真得回去工作了 |
[27:19] | Before you roll your eyes at me, | 在你对我翻白眼之前 |
[27:20] | I am prepared to pay you because I will have money | 我会付工资 因为我要赚到钱了 |
[27:23] | because I will be working. | 因为我要工作了 |
[27:28] | What, no snarky comments? | 怎么 不挖苦一下我吗 |
[27:31] | You all right, Iz? | 你还好吗 小伊 |
[27:34] | You can have me full-time. | 我可以全职为你效劳 |
[27:35] | It’s not like I have any friends anyway. | 反正我也没有朋友 |
[27:37] | Iz. | 小伊 |
[27:45] | 评论 杰西卡 装逼的臭贱脸 萨拉 我知道你爹妈穷 你父母双全就更明显了 吉姆 你是怎么照镜子的 你的脸让我恶心 林德 大大大大破烂 | |
[27:50] | Oh, man. | 我天 |
[27:53] | Izzy! | 伊奇 |
[28:02] | These comments on your profile… | 你个人资料下面的评论 |
[28:06] | they’re really mean. | 真的很恶毒 |
[28:11] | Especially the ones from Jessica. | 尤其是杰西卡写的那些 |
[28:21] | Look, I’m gonna be real honest, I’m… | 真的 我得说实话 我 |
[28:25] | a little out of my depth here. | 我太了解这些事情 |
[28:27] | We didn’t have all this… | 在我长大的时候 |
[28:30] | open cruelty when I was growing up. | 没有这种公开的羞辱 |
[28:33] | It was more of a behind your back, | 以前更多的是在你背后指指点点的 |
[28:38] | quiet kind of cruelty. | 无声的羞辱 |
[28:41] | So, I’m not exactly sure what the right thing is to say. I mean– | 所以 我不太确定我到底该说什么 |
[28:46] | Girls were mean and shitty to each other, | 女孩子们对彼此总是刻薄又卑鄙 |
[28:49] | but it wasn’t amplified around the world | 可这并不是永无止境的 |
[28:51] | and immortalized until the end of time. | 也不是永不停歇的 |
[28:55] | What’d you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[28:57] | I ignored them. | 我无视了他们 |
[29:00] | And avoided them. | 躲开了他们 |
[29:03] | And sometimes I just cried quietly in my car like a loser. | 有时我就像一个渣渣一样躲在我的车里哭 |
[29:17] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈 你在干吗 |
[29:18] | I don’t cry in my car anymore, sweetheart. | 我不再在车里哭了 亲爱的 |
[29:20] | I am a lawyer, I take screenshots. | 我是一名律师 我截屏采集证据 |
[29:22] | No, Mom, please don’t. I mean, it’s… | 别 妈妈 求你别这样 这 |
[29:23] | Look, I know you don’t want me to do– | 我知道你不想让我去 |
[29:26] | You don’t want me to get involved. | 你不想让我掺和进来 |
[29:27] | So, I’m not gonna do anything with these. | 我不会用这些证据做什么的 |
[29:30] | But I want you to know that I have your back. | 可我想要你知道 你可以依靠我 |
[29:33] | So, if it gets worse | 所以 如果情况变糟了 |
[29:36] | or you need help or you start feeling bad about yourself, | 或者你需要帮助 或者你开始觉得自己很糟糕 |
[29:40] | which is insane because you are the most amazing, | 这很没道理 因为你是这个星球上 |
[29:45] | funny, smart, sarcastic, awesome girl on the planet. | 最了不起 最风趣聪明又毒舌的好姑娘 |
[29:54] | I– forgot where I was going with that. | 我 我忘了自己接下来想说什么了 |
[30:01] | I just… | 我只是 |
[30:03] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[30:08] | Oh, Ginny! | 金妮 |
[30:10] | Mom, Mom! It wasn’t me. | 妈 妈 那不是我 |
[30:13] | Oh, of course not. | 当然不是啦 |
[30:14] | No, it really wasn’t. | 不 真的不是我 |
[30:18] | Pop-Pop. | 爷爷 |
[30:19] | Come on. | 来 |
[30:25] | Ezekiel seemed like a guy that was up for a buck, right? | 以西结看起来像个混混 对吧 |
[30:29] | Like he’s not a killer. | 他不像是凶手 |
[30:30] | He wasn’t even arrested for anything violent. | 他甚至都没因为任何暴力的事情被逮捕过 |
[30:33] | W– What if his plan was to hold Richie ransom, | 万一他的计划本来是绑架里奇用于勒索 |
[30:36] | and then something went wrong? | 然后出了什么差错呢 |
[30:38] | – Something went awry. – Dad. | -这中间出了大差错 -爸爸 |
[30:40] | No, what– what if Ezekiel thought that Richie was someone else? | 不对 万一以西结把里奇当成了别人呢 |
[30:43] | – I mean– – Dad! | -我是说 -爸爸 |
[30:43] | – What? – Why did you quit? | -怎么了 -你为什么辞职 |
[30:47] | You do like this. | 你喜欢做这个 |
[30:49] | You love it. We love it. | 你喜欢它 我们喜欢它 |
[30:55] | You–You remember that girl that disappeared in Montauk? | 你还记得那个在蒙托克失踪的女孩吗 |
[30:58] | You know, when I wasn’t home a lot? | 我经常不回家那会儿 |
[31:00] | I didn’t realize until now that all of that was just because | 直到现在我才明白 那一切都只是因为 |
[31:02] | I never let go of what happened to Richie. | 我从来都没放下在里奇身上发生的事 |
[31:04] | And that’s why mom got mad at you. | 这也是为什么妈妈对你生气了 |
[31:09] | When you get married, you– you make a deal. | 你结婚的时候 你 你许下承诺 |
[31:14] | And that deal is that that person is your person. | 承诺说 你们永结同心 |
[31:18] | You know, you go to them with all of your feelings. | 你向他们倾诉你所有的情感 |
[31:20] | Good and bad. | 或好或坏 |
[31:21] | And I– I didn’t do that. | 可我 我没这么做 |
[31:24] | No, I talked to one of my sources | 我没告诉你妈妈 |
[31:25] | instead of talking to your mom. | 而是告诉了我的一个信息源 |
[31:27] | Hey, but not anymore. | 但现在不会了 |
[31:28] | No, no, no. | 不了 不了 不了 |
[31:30] | No, your mom and I… yeah, we share everything. | 你妈妈和我 我们分享一切 |
[31:33] | No more secrets. Yeah, that’s thanks to you. | 不再有秘密了 这还多亏了你 |
[31:40] | “Secrets are like monsters under the bed.” | “秘密就像你床下的怪兽” |
[31:45] | That’s what Sam said. | 山姆是这么说的 |
[31:47] | But I think that once you shine a light on them, | 可我觉得 一旦你把他们照亮 |
[31:50] | they’re actually not that scary anymore. | 他们其实就不再那么可怕了 |
[31:55] | You’re pretty much a superhero monster slayer, kid. | 你就是一个屠怪兽的超级英雄 宝贝 |
[32:26] | Bridget! What the hell happened? | 布里吉特 到底出什么事了 |
[32:28] | He fell. They– They think it’s a stroke. | 他摔倒了 他们认为是中风了 |
[32:30] | Go with him. I’ll follow in the car with the girls. | 陪他去吧 我和女儿们开车跟来 |
[32:38] | Easy. | 好 |
[32:39] | See you there. | 在医院见 |
[32:56] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[33:04] | – Here. – Hey, what did you get? | -给你的 -你给我带了什么 |
[33:06] | Egg salad with one bite missing. | 少了一口的鸡蛋沙拉 |
[33:08] | ‘Cause I didn’t like it. | 因为我不爱吃 |
[33:10] | Oh, well, thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 太谢谢你啦 |
[33:14] | How’s Pop-Pop? | 爷爷怎么样 |
[33:18] | It’s okay. You can tell us. | 没关系的 你可以告诉我们的 |
[33:28] | Well, listen, guys. | 听我说 |
[33:30] | Look, your Pop-Pop’s had something | 你们的爷爷得了一种病 |
[33:32] | called a mild ischemic stroke. | 叫作轻度缺血性中风 |
[33:35] | All right, and he’s lost some blood flow | 他大脑的一部分 |
[33:36] | to a part of his brain for a little bit. | 暂时有些缺血 |
[33:39] | It couldn’t have been too long. | 不会持续很久的 |
[33:40] | We heard him fall and we called 911, like, almost– | 我们一听到他摔倒就打了911 几乎 |
[33:42] | Hey, Iz. Iz, no, no, no, no, no. | 小伊 小伊 别别别 |
[33:44] | Look, you– you saved his life. | 你 你救了他 |
[33:46] | Yeah, ’cause, uh, you know, the doctors, | 还有啊 医生们说了 |
[33:48] | they think he’s going to be okay. | 他们认为他会没事的 |
[33:49] | Will he remember us now? | 他还会记得我们吗 |
[33:52] | I don’t know, sweetie. | 我不知道 宝贝 |
[33:56] | Are you sure you don’t want us to stay? | 你确定你不需要我们留下来吗 |
[33:59] | No, no, no. You guys, uh–You guys head off. Get some sleep. | 别 别 你们回家 好好休息 |
[34:02] | – I’ll grab some stuff for you. – All right. Thanks. | -我给你带些东西来 -好 谢了 |
[34:07] | Come on. | 来 |
[34:09] | All right, see you later, guys. | 过会见 |
[34:11] | See you later. | 过会见 |
[34:13] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[34:26] | I’ll write the article for us. | 我会替我们写文章的 |
[34:30] | I’ll take care of you, so you can take care of him. | 我来照顾你 这样你就可以照顾他了 |
[34:37] | I love you, Pop-Pop. | 我爱你 爷爷 |
[34:49] | Night. | 晚安 |
[34:52] | – Good night. – Good night, Mom. | -晚安 -晚安 妈妈 |
[35:21] | How long are you going to be typing? | 你要敲键盘敲多久 |
[35:24] | You might want to put in earplugs. | 你可能会想把耳塞戴上 |
[35:32] | The Chronicle has uncovered that | 《编年史》发现 |
[35:33] | our very own school librarian, | 我们再熟悉不过的校图书馆员 |
[35:36] | Carol Collins, | 卡罗尔·柯林斯 |
[35:37] | has an unlikely criminal past. | 有着难以置信的犯罪史 |
[35:40] | Her real name is Margaret Miller, | 她的真名为玛格丽特·米勒 |
[35:43] | and she was part of a car-theft ring in Portland | 在上世纪70年代 她与弟弟以西结 |
[35:45] | with her younger brother, Ezekiel Miller,back in the 1970s. | 曾涉嫌参与一起波特兰的盗车案 |
[35:48] | 我没问题 好的 你还好吗 | |
[35:53] | She got an early release for good behavior | 她因表现良好 被提前释放 |
[35:56] | and changed her name to Carol when she moved to Erie Harbor. | 并在搬家到伊丽湾时 改名为卡罗尔 |
[36:01] | That’s where she married Roger Collins and had her daughter, | 在这里她嫁给了罗杰·柯林斯 生了女儿 |
[36:05] | Erie Harbor’s school principal, Kim Collins. | 伊丽湾学校校长 金·柯林斯 |
[36:09] | Margaret Miller’s brother, Ezekiel, | 玛格丽特·米勒的弟弟 以西结 |
[36:11] | was released from prison about six months | 在里奇·费弗绑架案发生的6个月前 |
[36:14] | before Richie Fife was abducted. | 被释放出来 |
[36:17] | Ezekiel has a distinguishing tattoo | 以西结在手臂上有特殊的 |
[36:19] | on his arm that reads “sinner”. | “罪人”字样的纹身 |
[36:22] | And multiple sources confirmed seeing a man with that tattoo | 多个目击者声称 在里奇失踪的时候 |
[36:26] | around the time Richie went missing. | 看到了纹有该字样的男人 |
[36:28] | DNA tests on Richie Fife’s jacket | 对里奇·费弗的夹克的DNA测试 |
[36:32] | revealed Margaret Miller’s blood. | 检测出了玛格丽特·米勒的血 |
[36:33] | The jacket remains inadmissible in court. | 该夹克在法庭仍为不可采信的证据 |
[36:36] | As of the time of publication, there is still no conclusive evidence | 至发稿时 仍然没有确凿证据表明 |
[36:40] | tying Margaret or her brother, Ezekiel, | 玛格丽特或其弟以西结 |
[36:42] | to Richie Fife’s disappearance. | 与里奇·费弗的失踪有关 |
[36:44] | You read it yet? | 你读过了吗 |
[36:47] | Why don’t you want to know the truth? | 你为什么不想知道真相呢 |
[36:50] | Thirty-one years ago, we buried an empty coffin, | 31年前 我们葬的是一副空棺材 |
[36:53] | and I’ve been wondering about | 从那天起 我一直在想 |
[36:54] | your brother’s final moments every day since. | 你哥哥临终时是什么样子 |
[36:58] | What if we find out what happened to him, | 万一我们弄清了他到底出了什么事 |
[36:59] | and it’s worse than we thought? | 而它比我们想的更糟糕怎么办 |
[38:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:38] | Shit. | 老天 |
[38:43] | Yeah, uh, hello? | 你好 |
[38:45] | It’s about the article. | 是有关那篇文章的事 |
[38:47] | About this picture. | 有关这幅图片 |
[38:48] | The day Richie Fife was taken… | 里奇·费弗被绑架的那天 |
[38:51] | for me… | 于我而言 |
[38:53] | it was different. | 是不同的 |
[39:26] | I woke up after a few days in the hospital, | 几天后我在医院里醒来 |
[39:29] | and I didn’t remember anything. | 我什么都记不得了 |
[39:31] | Until I saw Hilde’s article today. | 直到今天 我看到了希尔妲的文章 |
[39:35] | Well, you think he could be a witness? | 你觉得他可能是证人吗 |
[39:37] | That would officially place Ezekiel Miller | 这会正式证明 以西结·米勒 |
[39:40] | in Erie Harbor on the day Richie was taken. | 在里奇被绑架那天确实在伊丽湾 |
[39:41] | – Yeah. – Yeah? Okay. That’s good. | -嗯 -真的 太好了 |
[39:45] | Look, I-I gotta make some calls, but– | 我得打几个电话 但 |
[39:49] | Thank you. Appreciate it. | 谢谢你 万分感激 |
[40:00] | She went home sick. | 她请病假回家了 |
[40:02] | All right, thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[40:25] | Hey, Chris. Yeah, it’s Matt. | 你好 克里斯 我是马特 |
[40:27] | Listen, I–I think I got something for you. | 我为你带了件东西 |
[40:50] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗 |
[40:56] | He got one too. | 他也有一个 |
[40:58] | I wonder if he still has his. | 我不知道他留没留着 |
[41:22] | I’m, uh, glad you came. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[41:25] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[41:28] | Hey. Will, uh– Will you sit down? | 你 你愿意坐下吗 |
[41:32] | Please, Kim. | 拜托了 金 |
[41:44] | All right, look, um… | 好吧 听我说 |
[41:48] | Sipple is saying that he saw your uncle here in Erie Harbor. | 西普勒说他在伊丽湾看到你舅舅了 |
[41:53] | He is also saying that he ran him off the road too. | 他还说 也是他开车撞了他 |
[41:57] | God. | 我天 |
[41:59] | Look, it’s only a matter of time | 我们会将他与里奇的事联系起来 |
[42:00] | before we connect him to what happened to Richie. | 这只是时间问题了 |
[42:05] | And your mother too. | 还有你的母亲 |
[42:10] | Look, I ju– I just wanted you to know. | 我只 我只是想让你知道 |
[42:12] | So you could be prepared. | 这样你心里有准备 |
[42:15] | Sipple, he’s–he’s saying he’s gonna testify. | 西普勒 他说他会出庭作证 |
[42:19] | Jesus, Matt. | 老天 马特 |
[42:20] | What am I supposed to do with all of this? | 面对这么多事情 我该怎么办 |
[42:24] | Well, maybe you could help. | 或许你能帮上忙 |
[42:27] | Talk your mother into confessing. | 劝你母亲自首 |
[42:29] | Get her to tell all of us what really happened. | 让她告诉我们到底发生了什么 |
[42:32] | So choose between you and my mother? | 所以是在你和我妈之间做选择是吗 |
[42:34] | No, just– just tell the truth. | 不 只是让真相大白 |
[42:39] | You know, the way things are going this– | 事情这样发展下去 |
[42:41] | this isn’t gonna end well for her. | 她不会有好果子吃的 |
[42:43] | Agent Adkins is already trying to figure out | 阿德金斯探员已经着手研究 |
[42:45] | what to charge her on. So– | 起诉她的罪名了 所以 |
[42:46] | So, no choice really. | 所以其实没有选择 |
[42:52] | I wish you’d never come back. | 你要是没回来就好了 |
[43:34] | You got this. | 你没问题的 |
[43:35] | Perfect. Now watch me one more time. | 完美 现在再看我弹一遍 |
[43:38] | That’s the intro. Ready? | 这是前奏 准备好了吗 |
[43:48] | *I’ll never be the same* | *我再也不若往昔* |
[43:53] | *Stars have lost their meaning to me* | *繁星于我已失去了意义* |
[44:05] | *Never be the same* | *不若往昔* |
[44:08] | *Nothing’s what it once used to be* | *一切都不若往昔* |
[44:16] | *And every songbird that sings* | *每一只鸣禽* |
[44:21] | *Tells me it’s spring* | *都向我宣告春日的降临* |
[44:24] | *And I don’t believe their song* | *可我不信它们的鸣唱* |
[44:31] | *Once love was king* | *爱曾为王* |
[44:36] | *Kings can be wrong* | *王亦可误* |
[44:56] | Kim. | 金 |
[44:57] | Where are you going? Kimmy! | 你要去哪 小金 |
[45:01] | Kimmy, I get why you’re upset. | 小金 我知道你为什么难过 |
[45:04] | There was one thing that always bothered me about that night. | 有关那晚 有件事我一直想不清楚 |
[45:06] | For 31 years my brain hasn’t been able to let it go. | 31年了 我还是放不下这件事 |
[45:10] | The night Richie disappeared, | 里奇失踪的那晚 |
[45:12] | Matt came banging on our door, | 马特来我们家敲门 |
[45:13] | and I followed him back to the overpass. | 我就跟着他回到了天桥上 |
[45:16] | So, I’d been, you know, over the same section of road twice | 所以在搜寻队出动之前 |
[45:20] | before the search party even started. | 我其实路过了那段路两次 |
[45:22] | But when I circled back with you… | 可当我和你一起绕回去的时候 |
[45:28] | suddenly it was there. | 它突然就在那了 |
[45:32] | As if you knew it was there. | 就像你知道它在那一样 |
[45:35] | Or you put it there. | 或者你把它放在那了 |
[45:37] | – Richie!- Richie! | -里奇 -里奇 |
[45:42] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[45:45] | Richie! | 里奇 |
[45:53] | – Richie!- Richie! | -里奇 -里奇 |
[46:00] | What I can’t figure out is why. | 我想不通的是为什么 |
[46:03] | The only thing I can come up with is | 我唯一的结论就是 |
[46:05] | maybe you thought | 或许你觉得 |
[46:07] | if you were the one to give them the evidence, | 如果是你把证据给了他们 |
[46:08] | that they’d never suspect you. | 他们就绝不会怀疑你 |
[46:12] | Let’s run away. | 我们逃走吧 |
[46:14] | I know how to start over. | 我知道怎么从头开始 |
[46:18] | That’s not gonna happen. | 这是不可能的 |
[46:26] | Kim. | 金 |
[46:31] | Kim! | 金 |