时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Okay. Ah, man. | 好吧 该死 |
[00:28] | – Hi. Hi. – Whoa, nice. | -嗨 你好 -不错嘛 |
[00:32] | -Nice, nice. -I know. It’s sort of ridiculous, but– | -真不错 -我知道 其实有点荒谬 但… |
[00:35] | Yeah. Well, where else are we gonna have a kid-free conversation? | 对 要想避开孩子聊天还能去哪 |
[00:39] | – In a kid’s playroom of course. – Right. Yeah, well, the irony is not lost. | -当然是小孩子的游戏室了 -对 我也知道很讽刺 |
[00:45] | Right, look. So I, uh, sent off the water sample from the island. | 是这样的 我把岛上的水取样寄出去了 |
[00:48] | You know, so, hopefully we’ll find out the results and if it’s dangerous or not. | 所以希望能知道结果 看看水是否危险 |
[00:53] | Do you think we should report it or– | 你觉得我们应该上报… |
[00:57] | No. | 不 |
[00:58] | No, I don’t. I– I think we should wait until we know what we’re dealing with. | 不 我认为我们应该等 直到查清到底是什么情况 |
[01:02] | -Okay. -I should never have taken her out there. | -好的 -我不该带她去那里的 |
[01:04] | Honestly… …it was stupid, you know? | 说实话 这么做太愚蠢了 |
[01:07] | -I mean, it was so dangerous. -Hey. | -那里很危险 -嘿 |
[01:08] | -I don’t even know what I was thinking. -Come on. Come here. | -我都不知道自己是怎么想的 -别这样 来 |
[01:13] | Come here. | 来这边 |
[01:14] | Oh, man. | 真是的 |
[01:19] | You two really are cut from the same cloth. | 你们俩真是一个模子里刻出来的 |
[01:21] | Yeah, which is why I should’ve set a better example. | 对 所以我应该树立更好的榜样 |
[01:24] | No, really. You know, we said no Richie, that that’s bad for her mental health. | 真的 我们说好了不再调查瑞奇一案 那对她的精神健康不利 |
[01:28] | Then I go taking her out looking for some secret that he knew 30 years ago. | 结果我却带她去追查 瑞奇30年前知道的某个秘密 |
[01:31] | -No, I should’ve been home with my dad. -No. | -我应该陪我爸待在家里 -不 |
[01:34] | If anything happened to him or to Ginny, I would never be able to forgive myself. | 如果他或金妮遇到了什么意外 我永远都不会原谅自己 |
[01:37] | But it didn’t. Nothing bad happened to them. | 但是他们没事 他们没有遇到意外 |
[01:40] | I– I think you’re under a– a lot of stress right now. | 我觉得你目前压力很大 |
[01:50] | Are you gonna be okay? | 你不会有事吧 |
[01:51] | Yeah, Bridge, come on. | 当然 布丽吉 拜托 |
[01:54] | I’ll be fine. I’ll be okay. | 我不会有事的 我很好 |
[01:56] | Hey, come on. I’ll be okay. | 嘿 别担心 我不会有事的 |
[02:02] | Come on. We should get back inside. | 走吧 我们该回去了 |
[02:04] | – Ginny! – What are you doing? Stop! | -金妮 -你在做什么 停下来 |
[02:07] | – Oh, God. – No, Hilde, that’s mine. | -天啊 -不 希尔蒂 那是我的 |
[02:09] | – Ginny, stop. Seriously. – Do we have to? | -金妮 停下 我是认真的 -一定要吗 |
[02:11] | Hey, what are you doing? Give it back to me. Stop! | 嘿 你在干嘛 还给我 住手 |
[02:14] | Please step away from the water. | 请远离水 |
[02:17] | It may be poisonous. | 水里可能有毒 |
[02:19] | Hilde? | 希尔蒂 |
[02:21] | I mean it. | 我是说真的 |
[02:22] | Really? Poisoned? | 真的吗 有毒 |
[02:26] | I saw something leaking into the water at the island. | 我看到岛上的某些东西流进了湖水 |
[02:29] | I think it might be why Walter’s sick. | 我认为那可能是沃尔特生病的原因 |
[02:34] | I don’t want you exposed to that too. | 我不希望你也接触到它 |
[02:37] | Does that mean I don’t have to brush my teeth? | 所以我不用刷牙了吗 |
[02:39] | Hold on. While Dad is waiting for the water results to come back, | 等等 爸爸在等测试水质的结果 |
[02:43] | we need to use this test to make sure it’s safe. | 在那之前我们必须用这个测试水质 确保安全 |
[02:50] | If these squares turn dark, we’re in trouble. | 如果方格变黑 就有问题 |
[02:53] | If they stay light, we’re good. | 如果颜色一直是淡的 那就没事 |
[03:01] | And then just watch for three more seconds. | 再观察三秒 |
[03:03] | One, two, three. | 一、二、三 |
[03:06] | Yay! | 好耶 |
[03:11] | You can brush your teeth now. | 你可以刷牙了 |
[03:13] | Oh. Then, boo. | 那真糟 |
[03:15] | Mom? Dad? | 妈妈、爸爸 |
[03:21] | Mom! Someone’s here. | 妈妈 有人来了 |
[03:34] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[03:36] | Hilde, I’m sorry. | 希尔蒂 我很抱歉 |
[03:38] | I’m taking you in. | 我要带你回警局问话 |
[03:45] | Hey, Hilde? Who’s there? Everything okay? | 嘿 希尔蒂 谁来了 没事吧 |
[04:14] | Criminal trespassing. | 非法侵入罪 |
[04:18] | On a Sunday? A school night? | 周日 第二天要上学的日子 |
[04:20] | That’s, um– | 那是… |
[04:22] | What’s that word lawyers say when they think you’re lying? | 律师觉得你在说谎时会用哪个词来着 |
[04:25] | -Conjecture. -That’s conjecture. | -纯属推测 -那纯属推测 |
[04:28] | If you have to take my mug shot, please just get my good side. | 如果必须要拍我的逮捕大头照 请拍我比较好看的那边侧脸 |
[04:31] | Will you excuse me for a moment? | 能给我一点时间吗 |
[04:43] | That island you toured was private property. | 你们去的那座岛是私人领地 |
[04:45] | What I’m still trying to figure out is how you all got out there. | 我还没弄明白你们是怎么去的 |
[04:49] | Hello? I know the boat didn’t drive itself. | 有人听到吗 我知道总要有人开船 |
[04:54] | I have my boating license. My permit, on the other hand, is forthcoming. | 我有驾船执照 另一方面 我马上就会拿到驾船许可 |
[04:59] | Mm-hmm. That’s not how it works. | 根本不是这么一回事儿 |
[05:02] | Yeah, I brought the kids out there. | 是我带孩子们去的 |
[05:04] | Yeah, it was supposed to be an educational field trip. | 对 我是想带他们去实地学习 |
[05:07] | We had no way of knowing it was even private property. | 我们都不知道那是私人领地 |
[05:10] | Unfortunately, that’s not what the owners are saying. | 可惜业主不是这么说的 |
[05:14] | Wott Management owns that land. | 那块地是沃特管理公司的 |
[05:16] | – Oh, Trip. – I know. Believe me. | -特莉普 -我懂 相信我 |
[05:19] | The last thing I want is to be doing their bidding. | 我一点也不想对他们唯命是从 |
[05:21] | But they brought us hard evidence of you trespassing. | 但他们有你们非法侵入的确凿证据 |
[05:26] | Each kid will pay a ticket. | 每个孩子都要缴付罚款 |
[05:28] | And, Matt, since you’re the adult, | 马特 因为你是成年人 |
[05:31] | they may wanna press charges. | 他们可能会起诉你 |
[05:33] | Wait. What– What evidence do they have? | 等等 他们有什么证据 |
[05:39] | This drone. | 这部无人机 |
[05:40] | I’ve never seen that before in my life. | 我从没见过那个 |
[05:47] | -Where’d you get a drone? -Is that my drone? | -你怎么会有无人机 -那是我的无人机吗 |
[05:56] | I told you we’d find it. | 我说过我们会找到的吧 |
[05:58] | -That belongs to us. -Actually, it’s evidence. | -那是我们的 -事实上这是证物 |
[06:00] | I can’t give it back to you yet. | 我还不能还给你 |
[06:02] | You took my drone to record yourselves breaking the law? | 你拿走我的无人机录下你们违法的证据 |
[06:11] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[06:12] | Sorry we couldn’t just, like, hang out in my room like normal people. | 很抱歉我们不能像正常人一样 在我的房间里玩 |
[06:15] | It’s just– I wanted to talk to you in private, | 我只是想和你单独聊聊 |
[06:18] | and that’s literally impossible at my house, so. | 在我家是不可能的 |
[06:21] | It’s okay. What’s wrong? You sounded upset. | 没事 怎么了 你听起来不太高兴 |
[06:29] | Emma told me that she likes me. | 艾玛说她喜欢我 |
[06:33] | Uh, like, “likes” likes you? | 是那种喜欢吗 |
[06:40] | well, what did you say back? | 你怎么回答的 |
[06:43] | Well, uh, I don’t know, nothing. I didn’t really know what to say. | 不知道 我没回答 我不知道该说什么 |
[06:48] | And then we realized that my grandpa was gone, so… | 然后我们发现爷爷不见了 所以… |
[06:53] | So, what? Are you– you breaking up with me? | 所以呢 你要和我分手吗 |
[06:58] | What? No. I mean, I just– I– I just don’t know what to do. | 什么 不 我只是不知道该怎么做 |
[07:04] | Tell her that you’re my girlfriend, that– that you’re not into her like– like that. | 告诉她你是我的女友 说你对她没有那种感觉 |
[07:08] | Ethan, I don’t wanna hurt her feelings. She’s my friend. | 伊森 我不想伤害她的感情 她是我的朋友 |
[07:11] | No, she’s not. | 不 她才不是 |
[07:13] | She wants to date you. She doesn’t wanna be friends. | 她想和你交往 她不想当朋友 |
[07:15] | What, so you’re saying if we weren’t dating, | 所以你的意思是如果我们没有交往 |
[07:18] | -you wouldn’t wanna be my friend? -No. | -你不会和我做朋友 -不 |
[07:21] | Well, now it sort of feels like you’re asking me to choose, you or her. | 感觉你让我在你和她之间做选择 |
[07:26] | Well, I mean, she likes you. | 我的意思是她喜欢你 |
[07:29] | So, I– I guess… | 所以 我想… |
[07:31] | yeah, I am. | 对 我是这个意思 |
[07:41] | And they’re not… | 他们不是… |
[07:44] | I’m, uh, happy to help you fight the tickets. | 我很愿意帮你处理罚单的问题 |
[07:46] | Yeah, you know, I– I’ve been in this situation before as a reporter. | 你知道 我以前也以记者的身份 遇到过这种情况 |
[07:49] | I’m telling you, man, it always blows over. | 真的 往往都没什么严重后果 |
[07:51] | Hold up. This has happened to you before? | 等等 你以前也遇过这种事 |
[07:53] | Well, next time, how about you leave my son out of it? | 那能不能麻烦你下次别扯上我儿子 |
[07:57] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[07:58] | Don’t worry, guys. This won’t slow us down. | 别担心 这不会阻碍我们的 |
[08:02] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:03] | Did you not hear anything they said? I’m not gonna get the drone back. | 你没听见他们的话吗 我拿不回无人机了 |
[08:06] | – And we each have to pay a ticket. – My dad’s gonna kill me. | -我们都要被罚款 -我爸会杀了我 |
[08:09] | And what am I gonna tell my mom? She already pulled a double shift today. | 我该和我妈说什么 她今天已经上了两轮班 |
[08:12] | – Is there anything I can do? – No. | -有什么我能做的吗 -没有 |
[08:15] | All right, you two, let’s go. | 好了 你们俩 该走了 |
[08:21] | -Dad, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to– -Hey. It’s okay. | -爸爸 对不起 我不是故意… -嘿 没关系 |
[08:23] | We can talk about this when we get home, all right? | 我们回家再说 好吗 |
[08:26] | Still nothing from Izzy. She just said, “Be home soon.” | 伊兹还是没消息 她只是说:“马上到家” |
[08:29] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[08:30] | Man, man, man. She picked the wrong night to pull a stunt like this. | 真是的…她不该在这个时候搞这么一出 |
[08:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:34] | Well, we’re lucky Kim was able to babysit. | 还好有金姆帮忙看孩子 |
[08:37] | Wait. You told her not to mention any of this to Frank yet, right? | 等等 你让她先别告诉弗兰克了吧 |
[08:41] | All right, good. | 那就好 |
[08:42] | I don’t think they know he was there. | 我觉得他们不知道他当时也在场 |
[08:44] | Hey, Hilde? Hey, uh, you wanna come out here? | 嘿 希尔蒂 过来吧 |
[08:54] | Look, uh, Trip has managed to convince Wott to let go of the charges. | 特莉普说服沃特公司放弃起诉 |
[08:59] | But only if you promise not to publish anything about this. | 但你必须保证不得发布和此事有关的报道 |
[09:03] | Dad, no. They’re– They’re trying to buy our silence. | 爸爸 不行 他们想用钱让我们闭嘴 |
[09:06] | -Uh, Hilde, I– -Look, I did my best. | -希尔蒂 我… -我已经尽力了 |
[09:09] | But I’m a law enforcement officer, and you guys broke the law. | 但我是执法人员 你们确实违法了 |
[09:13] | You’re not just any officer. You’re the sheriff. | 你不是普通警员 你是警长 |
[09:18] | Why are you helping them? | 你为什么要帮他们 |
[09:20] | Do you think this is what I wanna be doing? | 你觉得这是我想做的 |
[09:23] | Helping some horrible company punish my friend? | 帮某个无良公司惩罚我的朋友 |
[09:27] | Look, I wish I could look the other way, | 听着 我也希望能睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[09:30] | but that’s not how this department works, not anymore. | 但那不是这个警局的作风 至少现在不是了 |
[09:34] | Now look, I don’t want you to stop asking questions and looking for the truth, | 听着 我不希望你停止质疑和寻找真相 |
[09:39] | but you did something illegal. | 但你犯法了 |
[09:40] | And like it or not, there have to be consequences. | 犯法就要承担后果 无论你是否愿意 |
[09:45] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[09:46] | Yeah, we’ll pay the ticket. | 是 我们会支付罚金 |
[09:56] | But I’m not gonna stop reporting. | 但我不会停止调查的 |
[10:08] | Izzy still hasn’t texted back. | 伊兹还没回短信 |
[10:10] | This is like the tenth message I’ve sent. | 我已经发了十条短信了 |
[10:12] | We’re gonna have to stop Hilde running that story about the island, right? | 我们不能让希尔蒂 发表关于那个岛的报道吧 |
[10:17] | I mean, whatever they’re doing, they definitely wanna keep that quiet. | 无论他们在做什么 他们显然想保守秘密 |
[10:20] | You know what? Fifteen years ago, I would’ve spent the night in jail | 你知道吗 若是15年前 我宁愿在牢里过夜 |
[10:24] | before walking away from a story like that. | 也不会放走这样的故事 |
[10:26] | Well, We have no idea what these people are capable of. | 我们不知道那些人能做出什么样的事 |
[10:29] | We need to be careful. | 我们必须小心 |
[10:32] | Hey! Excuse me. Do you have any idea what time it is? | 嘿 不好意思 你知道现在几点吗 |
[10:35] | Yeah, where the hell have you been? | 对 你跑哪去了 |
[10:37] | Your sister got hauled into the sheriff’s station. | 你妹妹被带到警局了 |
[10:39] | We had no idea where you were. | 我们都不知道你在哪 |
[10:42] | Wow, okay, cool. So let me get this straight. | 哇 真棒 恕我直言 |
[10:44] | Hilde got arrested, but I’m the one in trouble because I came home late? | 希尔蒂被逮捕 但你们却找我麻烦 就因为我回家太晚 |
[10:47] | -You’re not in trouble because of Hilde. -No, no! I had a horrible night, okay? | -你不是因为希尔蒂才惹麻烦的 -不…我今晚过得很糟 好吗 |
[10:50] | And I have no privacy in this house to have one serious conversation with anyone! | 我在这个家里毫无隐私可言 无法和任何人好好地谈话 |
[10:54] | And you have no idea what I’m dealing with right now! | 你们根本不知道我在面对些什么 |
[10:56] | Okay, we wanna know what you’re dealing with. | 好吧 我们想知道你在面对什么 |
[10:59] | We were just worried about you. | 我们只是担心你 |
[11:00] | Okay, Mom, I’m really sorry, but I couldn’t find you guys, | 好吧 妈妈 我很抱歉 但我找不到你们 |
[11:03] | and I knew it was gonna be really quick, | 我知道用不了多长时间 |
[11:05] | and I just really needed to see Ethan, and– | 我只是必须要和伊森见一面… |
[11:09] | It’s okay. We were just– We’re just glad you’re safe. | 没关系 你平安无事就好 |
[11:15] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[11:16] | – Okay. – We were just scared. | -好吧 -我们只是害怕 |
[11:18] | Yeah, Iz. It’s all good. You know, we’ll– | 对 伊兹 不要紧的 我们会… |
[11:21] | We’ll talk about this in the morning, okay? | 我们明早再谈 好吗 |
[11:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:29] | Mom, Dad, do you think I could move up into the attic? | 妈妈、爸爸 我能搬到阁楼住吗 |
[11:33] | Please? I mean, I know you’re mad right now, | 可以吗 我知道你们还在生气 |
[11:36] | but, I mean, I’m not a kid anymore, | 但我已经不是小孩了 |
[11:39] | and I just really need a little more privacy. | 我真的需要一点隐私 |
[12:02] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:04] | -Mom and Dad said I could sleep upstairs. -For tonight? | -爸妈说我可以搬到楼上住 -今晚 |
[12:09] | Um, no. For good. | 不 以后都是 |
[12:12] | Look, Hilde, I’m in high school now, okay? Things are gonna be different. | 希尔蒂 我已经读高中了 会有一些变化 |
[12:16] | But I don’t want them to be different. | 但我不想要变化 |
[12:20] | I know that you may think my reporting is annoying sometimes, | 我知道你有时觉得我的新闻调查很烦人 |
[12:25] | but I wouldn’t know how to do it without you. | 但没了你 我不知道该怎么做 |
[12:29] | Good journalists, they look at both perspectives | 好的记者会从不同的角度看问题 |
[12:32] | and consider other people’s feelings. | 会考虑其他人的感受 |
[12:35] | I forget to do that sometimes. | 有时我会忘记这点 |
[12:39] | But you never do. | 但你永远都不会忘记 |
[12:54] | Sheriff Johnson, I took it upon myself to rereview the drone footage. | 约翰逊警长 我亲自重看了一次无人机录像 |
[12:58] | Of course you did. | 我不意外 |
[13:01] | I found something that I think you might’ve missed. | 你可能漏掉了一个点 |
[13:04] | There was someone else on that island. | 那座岛上还有一个人 |
[13:08] | Damn it, Frank. | 真该死 弗兰克 |
[13:10] | Off duty, without a warrant, that’s criminal trespassing. | 不值班、无搜查证 这是非法侵入 |
[13:13] | From an outsider’s perspective, allow me to say, | 作为旁观者 请允许我说 |
[13:16] | he’s a liability for your department. | 他是你们局里的负担 |
[13:18] | All due respect, you don’t know him like I do. | 恕我无礼 但你不像我一样了解他 |
[13:21] | You’re right… | 没错 |
[13:24] | which is why I’m the better judge here. | 所以我才能更公正地评判 |
[13:27] | He has a pattern of unprofessional and insubordinate behavior. | 他过去就存在不专业和不服从的行为 |
[13:30] | I was gonna say as much in my report, but after this, you need to fire him. | 我本来会在报告里提到 但这件事之后 你必须辞退他 |
[13:37] | Whoa. Wait a minute. | 先别急 |
[13:39] | This job is his life. | 这份工作就是他的生命 |
[13:42] | I mean, it may not look like it in this one instance, | 虽然在这件事里他不太称职 |
[13:44] | but he is a solid officer. | 但他是一位优秀的警员 |
[13:46] | He knows this community better than anyone. | 他比任何人都了解这个社区 |
[13:48] | I mean, we’ve had our differences, but we overcame that. | 虽然我们过去有意见分歧 但我们已经和解了 |
[13:52] | I can’t fire him. | 我不能辞退他 |
[13:55] | Look. I know how you wanna feel like you’re in control here. | 听着 我知道你希望能掌控警局 |
[14:00] | And believe it or not, hey, I want you to succeed. | 无论你相不相信 我是希望你成功的 |
[14:04] | Just do what you have to do. | 做你该做的事 |
[14:09] | Because if you don’t, | 因为如果你不做 |
[14:10] | you and I both know you’re gonna look just as corrupt as your predecessor. | 你我都知道这会让你看起来 和你的前任警长一样腐败 |
[14:24] | No, I’m telling you. | 不 真的 |
[14:25] | She finds everything I do. I cannot hide anything from her, period. | 我做什么都逃不过她的眼睛 我无法在她眼前藏任何东西 |
[14:29] | She finds out. If I buy her a present, she’s, like, in it. | 她一定会找到 如果我给她买个礼物 她会知道 |
[14:32] | No, she digs around. | 不 她会到处找 |
[14:34] | She’s, like, snooping around in all my stuff all the time. | 她总是在我的东西里翻翻查查 |
[14:44] | Yeah. Well, you know, some of us have some work to do around here. | 是 我们有些人还要工作呢 |
[14:47] | So, I’ll see you guys later. | 一会儿聊 |
[14:54] | Whenever I do my notes, I subconsciously just draw triangles for no reason. | 不知道为什么 每次记笔记 我都下意识地画三角形 |
[14:58] | There’s this pen that I saw at the store, | 我在商店看到一支笔 |
[15:00] | -and it can scan the letters… -That’s like future stuff. | -能够扫描字母 -那简直是未来的发明 |
[15:03] | …and then scan them back on a different page. | 然后把字母印在另一张纸上 |
[15:07] | Listen, I know it was rough yesterday. | 听着 我知道昨天的情况很严重 |
[15:10] | It was. Thank you for saying that. | 确实 多谢你指出这点 |
[15:13] | But I think we can still chase the story without getting in any more trouble. | 但我认为我们可以继续调查 而不惹其他麻烦 |
[15:17] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[15:20] | -She’s serious. -Of course she’s serious. | -她是认真的 -她当然是认真的 |
[15:23] | Look, all we just need to do is get people to use my water-testing kits, | 我们只需要说服大家使用我的水质测试纸 |
[15:26] | -and then we can just– -I’m taking the deal. | -然后只要… -我打算接受协议 |
[15:29] | What? | 什么 |
[15:30] | I just have to do some community service | 我只需要做一点社区服务 |
[15:32] | and not write anything about Wott Management, | 不写和沃特管理公司有关的东西 |
[15:35] | and that’ll be the end of it. | 这事就算完了 |
[15:39] | Taking it too. I’m not built for prison, Hilde. | 我也打算接受 我不适合监狱生活 希尔蒂 |
[15:42] | I’m more of a sensitive, artistic type. | 我属于敏感艺术家型 |
[15:47] | They can’t keep us from writing on the story. It’s the truth. | 他们不能逼我们放弃调查 那才是真相 |
[15:51] | I’m sorry. I’m out. | 对不起 我退出了 |
[15:54] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[15:56] | How could you let them do this to us? | 你们怎么能让他们这样对我们 |
[16:00] | We’re a team. | 我们是一个团队 |
[16:03] | Let’s get back to work. | 我们继续做功课吧 |
[16:06] | What’d you get for number seven? | 你第七题的答案是什么 |
[16:42] | Smooth move, Lisko. | 躲得好啊 利西克 |
[16:50] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[16:53] | I don’t bite, you know? | 我又不会咬人 |
[17:05] | `-Hi. | 嗨 |
[17:14] | Um, I… | 我… |
[17:17] | I like you a lot, you know? But… | 我很喜欢你 知道吗 但… |
[17:24] | …I just… | 我只是… |
[17:27] | I don’t know if I like you like that. | 我对你可能不是那种喜欢 |
[17:32] | But… | 但… |
[17:34] | you are maybe, like, | 你可能是 |
[17:36] | one of the coolest girls I’ve ever seen in real life. | 我这辈子遇过最酷的女生之一了 |
[17:40] | And I think if you asked me to, like, | 我想如果你让我 |
[17:42] | cut all my hair off and dye it purple and get a face tattoo, | 剃光我的头发、染成紫色 和在脸上弄个文身 |
[17:45] | I would probably do it. | 我可能都会照做 |
[17:50] | And… | 而且… |
[17:54] | I just really don’t want you to hate me, | 我只是不希望你恨我 |
[17:56] | or think that I’m, like, unbelievably lame, | 或是认为我这人很烂 |
[18:00] | because I feel like I actually– | 因为我觉得其实… |
[18:03] | I like myself around you. | 我很喜欢在你身边的自己 |
[18:05] | And I never feel like that. | 我从没有过这样的感觉 |
[18:08] | Or, you know, rarely ever. | 几乎没有 |
[18:11] | Sorry. I’m– I’m just– | 抱歉 我只是… |
[18:15] | I was so pissed at Ethan when I thought he was saying | 我当时很生伊森的气 因为我以为他的意思是 |
[18:18] | that he wouldn’t wanna be friends with me if we weren’t dating. | 如果我们没有交往 他就不会做我的朋友 |
[18:22] | Then I realized that… | 然后我意识到… |
[18:26] | …that’s what I was afraid of with you. | 我害怕你会这样 |
[18:32] | Izzy, I’m still gonna wanna be your friend no matter what. | 伊兹 无论如何 我还是会做你的朋友 |
[18:37] | -So you don’t hate me? -No, of course not. | -你不恨我 -当然不 |
[18:41] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[18:43] | …I’m disappointed, obviously, a little. | 我当然有点小失望啦 |
[18:48] | I think you know a version of yourself you like the best. | 我觉得你内心知道 你最喜欢的自己是什么样的 |
[18:52] | And I think you’re kind of looking at me for permission to become her. | 而我认为你在寻求我的许可 允许你成为那个自己 |
[19:00] | Permission granted. Duh. | 我授予你许可 好啦 |
[19:08] | Take a test kit. Don’t let them pollute our town. | 请取测试纸 别让他们污染了我们的镇子 |
[19:11] | Hi. Take a test kit. Don’t let them pollute our town. | 嗨 请取测试纸 别让他们污染了我们的镇子 |
[19:15] | Hi. Take a test kit. | 嗨 请取测试纸 |
[19:17] | So, I know this is a lot to take in, but in the mountains, there are barrels, | 我知道信息量有点大 但是在山里有许多桶 |
[19:23] | and they’re leaking all the way down into this lake. | 桶里的东西一路流进湖泊 |
[19:27] | Everything that the water touches dies, so it must be toxic. | 一切接触到水的生物都死了 所以水一定有毒 |
[19:32] | And it’s only a matter of time before that water makes its way down to us. | 毒水迟早有一天会流到我们这里 |
[19:38] | So if we don’t figure out what they’re covering up, | 要是不查清他们在隐瞒什么 |
[19:41] | everyone in this town could be at risk. | 镇上的所有人都有危险 |
[19:44] | Take a test kit. Don’t let them pollute our town. | 请取测试纸 别让他们污染了我们的镇子 |
[19:54] | Hilde, you cannot just set up shop like this. | 希尔蒂 你不能擅自在这里设摊子 |
[19:58] | Does Mr. O’Hara know you took that from the library? | 欧赫拉先生知道你从图书馆拿了这些吗 |
[20:00] | Principal Collins, people have the right to know | 科林斯校长 人们有权知道 |
[20:02] | -if something might be making them sick. -Hilde, our water is fine. | -可能有什么东西正在危害他们的健康 -希尔蒂 我们的水没问题 |
[20:06] | But you don’t understand. | 但你不懂 |
[20:08] | They dragged us into the sheriff’s station, fined us, | 他们把我们拽到警局 让我们交罚款 |
[20:11] | and even had Lieutenant Briggs fired for helping us. | 布里格斯探长甚至因为帮助我们而被辞退 |
[20:14] | What? | 什么 |
[20:15] | Did Frank not say anything to you? | 弗兰克没和你说吗 |
[20:21] | Um, next time, you need to get my permission | 下一次你必须先征得我的同意 |
[20:23] | before you commandeer the school halls like this. | 才能像这样占用学校的大厅 |
[20:27] | Uh, I– | 我… |
[20:29] | You need to think about the consequences before you take actions. | 你在行动前必须考虑后果 |
[20:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:39] | Take that back to the library. | 把那个送回图书馆 |
[21:06] | Hi, Mr. Johnson. | 嗨 约翰逊先生 |
[21:07] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮你吗 |
[21:13] | Um, I’m sorry for what I said. | 我为我说的话道歉 |
[21:16] | Thank you. I appreciate that. | 谢谢你 我很感激 |
[21:20] | I’ve been trying to get people in town to test their water | 我正努力让镇上的人测试水质 |
[21:23] | to see if it’s toxic and– | -看看是否有毒… -不行 |
[21:25] | Hilde, please don’t spread panic through the community like that. Gosh! | 希尔蒂 请别让恐慌在镇上蔓延 拜托了 |
[21:30] | But, Trip, I know what I saw. | 但是 特莉普 我知道我看到了什么 |
[21:32] | They’re dumping something out there, but I just don’t know what. | 他们把某种东西丢弃在那里 只是我不知道是什么 |
[21:36] | It’s private property. For all we know, they could be doing construction. | 那是私人地盘 也许他们在施工 |
[21:39] | I can’t throw around accusations without some proof. | 我们不能无凭无据地指控他人 |
[21:42] | Now, I took your tip about the Woodruff basement, remember? You remember that? | 我听信了你关于伍德鲁夫地下室的线索 你还记得吗 |
[21:46] | And it ended up being nothing except an embarrassment for me. | 结果只是让我自己丢脸 |
[21:52] | So let’s get proof. | 那我们就找证据 |
[21:54] | This is for your dad. He lives closer to the island than anyone. | 这是给你爸爸的 他住的地方离岛屿最近了 |
[21:57] | If there is something in that water, | 如果那里的水有问题 |
[22:00] | -it’ll reach him first. -Hilde. | -最先接触到的就是他 -希尔蒂 |
[22:04] | My dad’s already got so much to worry about. | 我爸要担忧的已经够多了 |
[22:07] | Now, I don’t wanna stress him out about something | 我不想让他的压力变得更大 |
[22:09] | that might not even be happening. | 只因为某个尚未证明的事 |
[22:10] | Look, I know you can’t be my source anymore. | 听着 我知道你不能再当我的线人了 |
[22:13] | And I guess it’s a conflict of interest for you to be my friend. | 你和我做朋友与你的职务间有利益冲突 |
[22:18] | But I am always gonna care about the truth and doing the right thing. | 但我永远都在乎真相、做正确的事 |
[22:25] | And you. | 我也在乎你 |
[22:29] | I don’t want you or your dad to get hurt. | 我不希望你或你爸爸受到伤害 |
[23:16] | – Hi. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[23:22] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[23:24] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[23:29] | So is this what we’re doing now? | 所以我们现在就这样 |
[23:32] | Keeping secrets from each other? | 对彼此隐瞒秘密 |
[23:35] | Why didn’t you just tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[23:40] | I had to find out from Hilde, of all people. | 我竟然要从希尔蒂那里知道 |
[23:44] | Do you know how hard it is to keep a poker face | 你知道保持面无表情多难吗 |
[23:47] | in front of the world’s youngest CIA operative? | 在世界上年纪最小的中情局人员面前 |
[23:53] | ‘Cause I knew once I told you, it’d be real, and I wasn’t ready for that. | 因为我知道告诉你之后就意味着是真的 我还没准备好接受它 |
[23:56] | Like, look, I screwed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[24:03] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:05] | You’re sorry? Why? | 你觉得对不起 为什么 |
[24:07] | Because you deserve better than this. | 因为你值得更好的 |
[24:09] | You should be with somebody you can rely on, | 你应该和一个能够依靠的人在一起 |
[24:12] | somebody you could be proud of, | 一个让你骄傲的人 |
[24:14] | not some guy who got fired from the first job he ever had. | 而不是某个第一份工就被炒的人 |
[24:16] | Yeah, well, you’re not some guy. | 你可不只是某个人 |
[24:21] | -You’re my fiancé. -Which makes it even worse. | -你是我的未婚夫 -所以更糟 |
[24:26] | You know, long before that, you were Cranky Frankie. Hmm? | 很久以前 你是坏脾气弗兰奇 |
[24:31] | The world’s saddest first grader, | 全世界最可怜的一年级生 |
[24:34] | who would cry every time his mom dropped him off at school. | 每次妈妈送他上学 他都会哭鼻子 |
[24:39] | Is this supposed to be helping? | 你是在安慰我吗 |
[24:42] | We’ve been friends for over 30 years. | 我们已经是30多年的老朋友了 |
[24:45] | I’ve known every version of you, | 我认识每一个版本的你 |
[24:48] | and I’ve loved them all… | 每个版本我都爱 |
[24:51] | even Cranky Frankie. | 甚至包括坏脾气弗兰奇 |
[24:59] | You can get fired from a dozen more jobs. I will never be ashamed of you. | 你可以再丢几十份工作 我也不会觉得你让我丢脸 |
[25:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[25:26] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[25:31] | It’s just– How can people not wanna know the truth? | 只是…人们怎么会不想知道真相 |
[25:34] | I mean, we uncovered this huge story, and they don’t even wanna hear it. | 我们揭露了一个巨大的新闻 他们却听都不想听 |
[25:40] | It’s like they don’t even wanna know if something bad is happening. | 就像他们不想知道发生了坏事一样 |
[25:43] | Yeah. Well, you know, I think you’re right. | 是 我觉得你说得对 |
[25:46] | You know, bad news, it, uh, | 你知道 坏消息… |
[25:49] | well, it makes people feel helpless, right? | 让人们感到无助 对吗 |
[25:52] | So, they don’t feel like they can change anything. | 所以他们觉得自己无法改变什么 |
[25:57] | So they just don’t wanna know. | 所以他们干脆不想知道 |
[25:59] | Is that why you didn’t wanna help me figure out why Pop-Pop was sick? | 所以你不愿帮我查清楚爷爷的病因吗 |
[26:13] | Yeah. Yeah, maybe. | 对…可能是的 |
[26:16] | You know, um, I think you’re right. | 我觉得你说得对 |
[26:18] | I think that I was afraid that whatever the answer was, | 我应该是害怕无论答案是什么 |
[26:22] | I– I wasn’t gonna be able to help him. | 我都无法帮助他 |
[26:27] | Yeah, I was. I was– I was scared to even go there, | 对 我很怕 我不敢去调查 |
[26:31] | to even ask the question, but not you. | 问都不敢问 但你不一样 |
[26:35] | I wish we could just ask Pop-Pop about it. | 我真希望我们能直接问爷爷 |
[26:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:40] | You know, like go back in time with him. | 就像和他穿越回到过去一样 |
[26:42] | I feel like he knows the answer. He just can’t tell us. | 我觉得他知道答案 只是无法告诉我们 |
[26:48] | Yeah, but I know it’s a stupid idea. | 对 但我知道这很蠢 |
[26:52] | No. No, no, no, no. That’s not a stupid idea at all. | 不…这个想法一点也不蠢 |
[26:56] | -Wait. Dad, what is it? -Hilde, look what I made! | -等等 爸爸 怎么了 -希尔蒂 看我做了什么 |
[27:01] | It’s a picture book about my adventure with Pop-Pop when we went around town. | 这是关于我和爷爷去城里探险的图画书 |
[27:10] | It’s nice. You did a good job. | 挺好的 你做得真不错 |
[27:27] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[27:29] | Yeah, I’m looking for this story I wrote years ago back in New York. | 我在找几年前我在纽约写的一篇报道 |
[27:34] | You know, Pop-Pop wasn’t sick then, so I never made the connection. But– | 爷爷当时还没病 所以我没把两件事联系到一起 |
[27:37] | Yeah, it’s about this– this treatment called reminiscence therapy. | 对 报道是关于 一种叫回忆治疗法的治疗方式 |
[27:43] | Yeah, it’s to, uh, help people with dementia remember the past. | 是为了帮助老年痴呆症患者记起过去 |
[27:47] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[27:51] | Yeah, look, check it out. | 来 你看 |
[27:56] | There was this nursing home in San Diego | 圣地亚哥有一个养老院 |
[27:58] | that built an entire 1950s town for their patients, right? | 为他们的病人建了一个完整的 1950年代的镇子 |
[28:01] | By helping recreate their– their pasts, they’re able to dig into their memories. | 通过重建他们的过往场景 他们能够探索病人的记忆 |
[28:06] | You know, I’m– I’m thinking we should do something like that for Pop-Pop. | 我在想我们应该为爷爷这么做 |
[28:09] | – What memory should we try? – I don’t know. What do you think? | -我们应该重现哪个记忆 -不知道 你觉得呢 |
[28:13] | Yeah, he’s been to the bike shop a bunch of times. | 他经常去自行车店 |
[28:16] | He’s definitely too used to this place. Wh-What do you think? | 他对这个地方一定太熟悉了 你觉得呢 |
[28:21] | Ginny. Ginny! | 金妮… |
[28:24] | Ginny, bring that book down here! | 金妮 把你的书拿下来 |
[28:26] | Ginny made a book about her and Pop-Pop when they went out the other day. | 金妮做了一本 关于她和爷爷那天出门的图画书 |
[28:30] | May I see that book again? | 我能再看一眼那本书吗 |
[28:35] | No. No. You guys went to the beach? | 不…你们去了海滩 |
[28:40] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[28:42] | It’s a restaurant. Pop-Pop used to go there. | 是一间餐厅 爷爷以前会去那里 |
[28:45] | Here, let me see that. Wait, is that… | 来 我看看 等等 这是… |
[28:50] | is that Scoglio’s? | 这是斯科格里奥餐厅吗 |
[28:52] | Yeah, it is. That– That’s Scoglio’s. That’s the red gingham tablecloth. | 对 这是斯科格里奥餐厅 这是那里的红色方格餐桌布 |
[28:57] | You know, Pop-Pop used to take me here all the time when I was a kid. Wow. | 爷爷在我小时候经常带我去那里 哇 |
[29:02] | Do you think it would help Pop-Pop if we recreated it? | 如果我们重现餐厅的样子 你觉得能帮到爷爷吗 |
[29:06] | I don’t know, honey, but– Yeah, it’s worth a shot. | 我不确定 宝贝 但值得一试 |
[29:10] | I’m gonna go tell Mom and Izzy. Great job, Ginny. | 我去告诉妈妈和伊兹 你真棒 金妮 |
[29:14] | Yeah, you know, uh… | 对 真的 |
[29:17] | good job, sweetie, really. | 很棒 宝贝 真的 |
[29:21] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[29:29] | Okay. Get up there. | 好 挂起来 |
[29:32] | According to Dad’s article, we need to let him take the lead, | 根据爸爸的文章 我们得让他带头 |
[29:36] | see where the conversation goes. | 看看对话如何发展 |
[29:38] | Yeah, that’s right. There’s no need to push too far. Okay. | 没错 不用逼得太紧 好 |
[29:42] | Okay, bath time for you, my little principessa. | 你该洗澡了 小公主 |
[29:45] | All right, what else? | 好 还有什么 |
[29:46] | – I know. – You get the pasta. | -我知道 -你去拿意面 |
[29:48] | – I got it. – Did someone check the pasta? | -我来 -有谁检查了意面没 |
[29:50] | -No. You didn’t check– Oh, my gosh. -Oh, my gosh. | 不 你没查看…天啊 |
[29:56] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[29:59] | Someone may or may not have mentioned you might need a piano player. | 某人提到你们也许需要钢琴手 |
[30:07] | -That someone would have been Hilde. -Yeah, kinda got that. | -某人是希尔蒂 -我猜到了 |
[30:23] | Look, I’m really sorry for being such a tool earlier. I– I just– | 我之前太混蛋了 对不起 我只是… |
[30:26] | – I got jealous. | 我吃醋了 |
[30:28] | – Yeah, well still, I mean, you shouldn’t try to control who I’m friends with. | 对 但你还是不该试图控制我和谁做朋友 |
[30:32] | I know. I didn’t mean to do that. | 我知道 我不是故意那样 |
[30:34] | I guess I just felt, I don’t know, threatened. | 我只是感到受威胁了 |
[30:37] | But I should not have tried to make you choose. | 但我不该让你做选择 |
[30:41] | ‘Kay, well, lucky for you, Emma was super cool about the whole thing. | 好吧 算你走运 艾玛没有什么意见 |
[30:47] | So… | 所以… |
[30:48] | guess you can still be my boyfriend. | 你还是可以继续当我的男友 |
[30:51] | I mean, sure you still want me, or…? | 不过你确定你还想要我吗 |
[30:55] | -Did you really rent that out? -What? Come on, no. | -你真的租了这身衣服 -什么 拜托 不是 |
[30:59] | Well, I– Actually, yeah. I– | 我…好吧 是 我… |
[31:01] | I thought it would sell the whole “Billy Joel, Italian restaurant” thing, | 我觉得这身有种“比利乔意式餐厅风” |
[31:04] | but I guess I just look like my Uncle Sal trying way too hard on Easter Sunday. | 但好像只是看起来像我的萨尔叔叔 在复活节周日打扮得太夸张 |
[31:11] | Wow. Like I walked into a different era. | 哇 感觉像是走进另一个年代 |
[31:14] | Yeah, that’s what we were going for. | 对 这就是我们的目标 |
[31:17] | Right. | 是 |
[31:21] | So, were there any songs your grandpa liked back then? | 你爷爷当年喜欢哪些歌呢 |
[31:25] | Um, I– I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[31:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[31:34] | Ah, here he is! Welcome to Scoglio’s the very best Italian in town. | 他来了 欢迎光顾斯科格里奥 镇上最棒的意大利餐厅 |
[31:39] | – Oh, my. – Why don’t you come sit down? | -天啊 -请坐 |
[31:43] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. Yeah, no, no, look. | 稍等…不…看看 |
[31:45] | Let me get a spoon for that. Let me get you a spoon. | 请等我拿勺子来 我给你拿一个勺子 |
[31:52] | -Signore. -Oh, my goodness. | -先生 -我的天 |
[31:55] | – Wow. Wow, wow, wow. – My favorite. | -哇 -我的最爱 哇… |
[32:00] | Bread or butter? | 要面包和黄油吗 |
[32:02] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢你 |
[32:07] | How come you never took us here, Pop-Pop? I love it. | 你为什么从没带我们来过这里 爷爷 我好喜欢这里 |
[32:14] | Wow. Look at this place. | 哇 看这地方 |
[32:17] | Sorry I’m late. It’s beautiful. | 抱歉 我来迟了 这真美 |
[32:25] | Did you come here a lot with Jane, Sylvester? | 席尔维斯特 你过去经常和简来这里吗 |
[32:33] | You know, Jane, your wife. | 你的妻子简 |
[32:55] | My Jane, at first, she hated this place. | 我的简啊 她一开始很讨厌这里 |
[33:00] | She said it reminded her of the social clubs | 她说这让她想起那种社交俱乐部 |
[33:02] | on the West Side of Chicago. | 芝加哥西城区的那种 |
[33:05] | But I’d still drag her here… | 但我仍会拉着她来这里 |
[33:08] | …because it was the best veal chop in Erie Harbor. | 因为这里的小牛排是全伊利港最棒的 |
[33:16] | She always looked so beautiful in this candlelight. | 她在这里的烛光下总是那么美 |
[33:24] | I don’t understand. Why are all the guys so late? | 我不明白 为什么他们都迟到了 |
[33:29] | Today of all days. Huh. | 偏偏在今天 |
[33:33] | Are they just not gonna show up? | 他们是不是不打算来了 |
[33:36] | Why? Wh-What’s today, Pop? | 为什么 今天是什么日子 爸爸 |
[33:39] | Our goodbye party from Strata. | 斯特拉塔为我们举办的离职派对 |
[33:42] | The Plant Five boys are movin’ on up. | 五号工厂的兄弟们要跳槽了 |
[33:46] | -So you’re leaving the factory, Syl? -Oh, yeah. Yeah. | -所以你打算离开工厂 席尔 -对 |
[33:49] | They gave me a fat severance check. -Really? | -他们给了我一笔丰厚的离职金 -真的 |
[33:52] | -Everybody at the plant’s getting one ’cause they’re shutting our division down. | 工厂的所有人都有 因为他们要关闭我们的分部 |
[34:03] | Are these the Plant Five boys, Pop-Pop? | 爷爷 这些是五号工厂的兄弟吗 |
[34:13] | Yeah, plus Junior. | 对 还有小麦肯锡 |
[34:17] | He didn’t work at Strata, but he knew all the best places to fish. | 他没有在斯特拉塔上班 但他知道所有最棒的钓鱼地点 |
[34:21] | Oh, really? | 真的 |
[34:23] | And, uh, did Strata give money to all of you? | 斯特拉塔给所有人支付离职金了 |
[34:27] | Yeah. They decided to be generous since they’re putting us all out of work. | 对 因为他们让我们丢了饭碗 所以决定大方一点 |
[34:34] | . It’s probably for the best. | 这样也许最好 |
[34:36] | I hated that spray. Made me cough like crazy. | 我可讨厌那个喷雾了 害我疯狂地咳嗽 |
[34:40] | Wait. What spray, Dad? | 等等 爸爸 什么喷雾 |
[34:42] | Some sealant. We sprayed it on the planes. | 某种密封剂 喷在飞机上的 |
[34:49] | – And it made you sick? – No. | -那让你身体不舒服 -不 |
[34:53] | A Strata doctor checked us out. | 斯特拉塔的医生为我们做了检查 |
[34:56] | He said my headaches must’ve been allergies | 他说我的头疼一定是因为过敏 |
[34:59] | to all the– the dust in the plant. | 对工厂的粉尘有反应 |
[35:03] | And you believed him? | 你相信他 |
[35:15] | It doesn’t matter anymore. | 现在都不重要了 |
[35:23] | I’m gonna take my severance money, | 我要拿着我的离职金 |
[35:26] | and I’m gonna open a bicycle shop. | 开一间自行车店 |
[35:28] | “Syl’s Cycles.” | “席尔自行车店” |
[35:35] | What do you think, Matty? | 马迪 你觉得怎么样 |
[35:39] | I think it’s great, Pop. | 我觉得这个主意很棒 爸 |
[35:45] | I wanna make sure you love it. | 我想确定你很喜欢 |
[35:47] | The shop’s for you, Matty. | 这家店是为你开的 马迪 |
[35:49] | This is all gonna be yours one day, you know. | 你知道 有一天会成为你的 |
[35:53] | Yeah, well, I love it, Pop. | 是 我很喜欢它 爸 |
[35:57] | Really, I– I love it. | 真的 我很喜欢 |
[36:00] | -You love it? -Yeah, really. I– I really love it. | -你很喜欢 -对 真的 我很喜欢 |
[36:11] | So, if what Pop-Pop was saying was right, then it sounds like Strata knew | 所以 如果爷爷说的是真的 听上去斯特拉塔知道 |
[36:16] | that the sealant they were using in Plant Five was dangerous. | 他们在五号工厂使用的密封剂有危险 |
[36:19] | That’s gonna be hard to prove in court. | 这在法庭上很难证明 |
[36:21] | – Yeah. – Why? | -是 -为什么 |
[36:22] | Well, because you’re trying to build an argument around intent | 因为你是想根据意图立论 |
[36:26] | for something that happened nearly 50 years ago. | 而事情已经快过去50年了 |
[36:28] | Yeah, right. Yeah, just ’cause Strata gave out big severance checks, | 对 只因为斯特拉塔支付巨额离职金 |
[36:31] | that doesn’t prove that they did it ’cause of health issues at the plant. | 不能证明他们是因为 工厂出现健康问题的原因而这么做 |
[36:34] | But why else would they do it? | 但他们还能有什么原因 |
[36:36] | Well, my hunch? | 我的猜想 |
[36:39] | They wanted to make the Plant Five workers feel grateful. | 他们想让五号工厂的工人心存感激 |
[36:42] | Because if they’re grateful, then they wouldn’t ask questions. | 因为如果他们心存感激 那就不会提出质疑 |
[36:45] | Right. | 对 |
[36:47] | There’s something wrong with Walter. | 沃尔特不太好 |
[37:29] | Thank you all for being here. | 多谢你们出席 |
[37:53] | When I first met you, I promised you everything was gonna be okay. | 当我第一次见到你时 我答应你一切都会好起来 |
[38:00] | I tried really hard. | 我很努力 |
[38:03] | I did everything I thought I was supposed to, | 我做了一切我该做的 |
[38:05] | but it just wasn’t enough. | 但那就是不够 |
[38:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:23] | Goodbye. | 永别了 |
[38:30] | Goodbye, Walter. | 永别了 沃尔特 |
[38:36] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[38:40] | I’m fine. It’s just a bird. | 我没事 只是一只鸟而已 |
[39:01] | Hey, Scout. | 嗨 侦察兵 |
[39:03] | -Yeah, wh-what’s all this? -Research. | -这些都是什么 -调查 |
[39:07] | I need to figure out what was in that sealant, | 我要查出那个密封剂里有什么 |
[39:10] | what Pop-Pop might’ve been exposed to at Strata. | 爷爷在斯特拉塔工作时接触了什么 |
[39:15] | Yeah, sweetie, why– why don’t you let me tag in for a little bit? | 是 亲爱的 不如让我帮你做一部分吧 |
[39:19] | You know, I know it’s important, but, uh… | 我知道这很重要 但是… |
[39:22] | Yeah, I think your little sister needs her big sister right now. | 我觉得你妹妹现在需要她的姐姐 |
[39:30] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[40:13] | Do you think Walter’s in Heaven? | 你觉得沃尔特上天堂了吗 |
[40:18] | I don’t know, Ginny. | 我不知道 金妮 |
[40:21] | I just– Sometimes I worry that it’s something grown-ups made up | 有时我担心那只是大人编造的 |
[40:24] | so we don’t feel so scared. | 好让我们不那么害怕 |
[40:32] | Actually, I do think Walter’s in Heaven. | 不过我觉得沃尔特上了天堂 |
[40:37] | I think he’s up there chirping away with his little bird family, | 我觉得它正在那里 和它的小鸟家人一起叽喳叫着 |
[40:42] | eating some little bird ice cream on a little bird beach. | 在小鸟沙滩上吃小鸟冰淇淋 |
[40:46] | So, yeah. | 所以 是的 |
[40:49] | I do think Walter’s in Heaven. | 我认为沃尔特在天堂 |
[40:55] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[40:57] | For what? | 为什么 |
[41:00] | When you were trying to tell me something, and I kept ignoring you. | 当你想和我说些什么时 我总是不理你 |
[41:04] | I thought what I was doing was more important, | 我以为我在做的事更重要 |
[41:08] | like I knew better. | 好像我懂的更多一样 |
[41:11] | People do that to me all the time. | 人们总是这样对我 |
[41:15] | And I hate it. | 而我很讨厌他们那样 |
[41:17] | I promise I will never do that to you again. | 我保证绝不会再这样对待你 |
[41:37] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[41:40] | The, uh, the water sample results came back. | 水取样的测试结果回来了 |
[41:45] | Well, there’s, uh, there’s cadmium in those barrels. | 那些桶里有镉 |
[41:51] | Yeah, uh, cadmium is, uh, it’s– it’s a heavy metal. You know, I– I looked into it and… | 镉是一种重金属 我查了一下 |
[41:57] | …it’s linked… | 它和… |
[41:58] | to dementia. | 老年痴呆症有关联 |
[42:03] | Now we know why he goes in and out. | 现在我们知道他为什么时好时坏 |
[42:05] | It’s not just memory loss. | 因为不只是失忆 |
[42:09] | Hilde? Hilde? | 希尔蒂… |
[42:13] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[42:22] | Dad, look. | 爸爸 你看 |
[42:23] | Cadmium is one of the chemicals Strata used. | 斯特拉塔使用的化学品中有镉 |
[42:28] | They said they stopped in the early ’70s and disposed of it safely, | 他们说他们在1970年代停用 并已安全地处理掉了 |
[42:32] | but what if they lied? | 但如果他们没说真话呢 |
[42:35] | Wait, but that would mean that they’re the ones responsible | 等等 这意味着他们 |
[42:38] | for those barrels on the island. | 要对岛上的那些桶负责 |
[42:40] | I mean, if– if that is true, | 我是说 如果这是真的 |
[42:42] | then they’ve been covering this up for years, decades even. | 那他们已经隐瞒此事多年 甚至可能长达几十年 |
[42:46] | Strata was behind it all along. | 原来幕后黑手一直是斯特拉塔 |
[43:17] | For decades, Erie Harbor has been known as a safe haven, | 数十年来 伊利港一直是人们心中的安全港湾 |
[43:21] | a small town surrounded by nature, fresh air and clean water, | 一个大自然、新鲜空气和净水环绕的小镇 |
[43:26] | the kind of place where people would want to raise their families. | 一个让人想养儿育女的地方 |
[43:31] | But The Chronicle has uncovered a problem with the town’s water supply. | 但《纪事》发现镇上水源存在问题 |
[43:36] | At least one Erie Harbor home has tested positive for heavy metals | 至少有一户伊利港人家测试出重金属 |
[43:41] | and many more could soon be at risk. | 可能很快会有更多家庭面临危险 |
[43:46] | We don’t know yet who’s responsible for the toxic water, | 我们尚不知道谁应该为毒水负责 |
[43:49] | but connections have been drawn to the largest company in town, | 但我们有理由怀疑是镇上最大的企业 |
[43:53] | Strata Tech Industries. | 斯特拉塔科技公司 |
[44:15] | So now, Erie Harbor citizens must ask… | 所以现在伊利港的镇民必须问一个问题 |
[44:19] | “What else are they hiding?” | “他们还隐瞒了什么 ” |
[44:21] | Sweetie, if cadmium was the reason that Pop-Pop got sick, | 亲爱的 如果镉是爷爷生病的原因 |
[44:25] | I– I don’t think we can reverse that. | 我们可能无法让他复原 |
[44:32] | Then I want them to pay. | 那我要让他们付出代价 |